Speaker 1: Welcome to the Favorites from the Action Network.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Brandon Kravitz, joined by my fellow djens, your new crew at the Favorites Kendra Middleton, the Prime Minister of Degenerate Nations Stucky. On today's show, we're going to submit our official plays for week two in the NFL Sides, Totals, props, parlays, anything and everything.
Speaker 1: Is on the table.
Speaker 2: Like and subscribe wherever you are tuned in, Kendra, The feat conversation from our first episode together as a trio took on a life of its own. Almost everybody that I know that reached out to me about the podcast had something to say about it. How is the reaction and that's just me. How is the reaction on your end to our first episode? I imagine some new weird followers might be in the mix as.
Speaker 3: Well, so many new strange followers.
Speaker 4: The response that I got was very much, how is this a conversation that comes up anytime somebody meets you? Always the first two things that come up are the feet and the shrimp, the two things that people want to talk about all the time consistently.
Speaker 3: That was the reaction that I got Outside of I.
Speaker 4: Don't remember the name. What was the crazy username? I texted you guys that followed me, and I was just like, wow.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I think I already blocked that out of my mind.
Speaker 3: Some of the really like, really weird people.
Speaker 4: I got some dms asking if people could sniff my the between of my.
Speaker 3: Toes and stuff. But we can. We can move on from the feed talk somehow. That is always what comes up with me, though. I guess when you Google me, it's one of the top things that pops up.
Speaker 2: So well, I mean it was it was a get to know you episode, stucky what about you? Early early returns from the Trial by Fire episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people liked it so not everyone liked the feet conversation. But I said that those people are like closeted. Maybe those the people that really have the fetishes that are just trying to hide it. But I do have breaking news. Oh my god. No, they I went and got Zaxby's this morning.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 5: They forgot the sauce.
Speaker 2: No, So here's the thing with Zaxby's. You have to ask for it, you would I have to zack sauce. Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: You can't not have the sauce. Oh my God, this is horrible.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: My before was open at ten thirty recording a ten to forty five. I flew back and there's no sauce. Wait, maybe it's in.
Speaker 1: I think you need to go back.
Speaker 5: No sauce, so I can't really judge you to call them next week. I will get the sauce as well, but no feedback was good overall. My dog is uh God had of surgery and uh it went okay. He's he's hurting. It's in a lot of pain after a CCL surgery. I mean you're like down for the count for weeks and you're just drugged and it's painful. I've had two ACL surgery, so I can only imagine. I'm it wasn't the worst pain I ever had, but it was close after the surgery A my a cl like the just the absolute throbbing pain at some point when the pain killers weren't kicked in. What is the I'll ask you guys, what is the worst pain that you've ever felt in your life? For me, I think it was a tooth absess I had one time, and there was nothing I could There's nothing you can do about it until you go to the dentist that night. I was like screaming into a pillow, was the way. It was like unfathomable pain. That was the worst I've ever felt.
Speaker 3: I would say the hardest.
Speaker 4: The hardest thing about dogs is that you can't explain to them what's going on, so they're just in pain and you don't know why, and it makes you really upset. My dog had got attacked by another dog two Christmases ago and had to have his throat stapled shut, and it was like the most like miserable experience ever, just because he was so sad and I couldn't explain to him what was going on, and he's just drugged out.
Speaker 3: So I am. I empathize with you so hard through this most I won't.
Speaker 4: I can't talk about the most painful thing that I've ever experienced because it was like some lady issues, and I don't think our audience wants to go through that.
Speaker 3: But I will say when my.
Speaker 4: Gallbladder ruptured, that was pretty bad because I don't fit the demographic. I was like seventeen or eighteen, so I didn't fit the demographic of someone who would have a gullbladder rupturing. So it took them a while to find it, and I felt like I was fucking dying.
Speaker 5: I can't even imagine at how about you, Graham.
Speaker 2: I took TCU plus the points against Georgia in the National Championship game.
Speaker 1: That was pretty painful. But other than that, I was a bartender in a.
Speaker 5: Past I mean less though you knew it was.
Speaker 2: Over, it was like, yeah, it was a quick, swift punch to the punch.
Speaker 1: To the groin.
Speaker 2: I had this nerve pain in my foot, which doesn't sound that extreme, but anywhere. I was a bartender in a past life, so I was on my feet a lot, and then I had this pain like right in the middle of my foot and trying to stay on your feet walk back and forth all day and act like you're not in writhing pain. It was probably, off the top of my head, the most pain that I've been in.
Speaker 1: But I feel for you.
Speaker 2: On the dog stuff, I've got a thirteen year old Mini Australian shepherd who somehow has been hanging on, somehow been hanging on.
Speaker 1: With with some level of health. So I'm sure, I'm sure, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Depressing stories are right around the corner from the Crabit's household.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was our last dog. I don't know how people deal with their dog passing like so I've been lucky enough to never our childhood dog. I was in college when he passed, so I didn't have to like see it at the time. Girlfriend's dog now wife, she had her childhood dog followed. He was a bar dog. He would go to the bar with her and like he was the best dog. He's an Austine Shepherd as well. And at the end, it was he hit the end of his line and she couldn't see it happen, so like he went. He went to her parents' house for like the last two weeks. I was like before they had to go put him down, and we would just go there and visit it all the time and lay with him. But she couldn't see him twenty four hours. But I wasn't that close to them, like we only just started dating. So I like the actual like process of that and driving them to I don't know how anyone has ever. I don't know how I'm ever going to deal with it, but yeah we can. Let's talk about more more painful things, which is uhy still beats.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, especially on a day like today for all of us. If you're looking at the date, hard not to stand out to you for very obvious reasons. So if we can be a distraction to you, it is certainly something that we we wear.
Speaker 1: With with some honor.
Speaker 2: The Thursday show is going to be pay heavy, and we're going to start.
Speaker 1: With the shrimply unbelievable stat.
Speaker 2: Of the week, courtesy of Action Network Director of Research Evan Abrams, in collaboration, of course, with Kendra's pets Monica Lashimsky and Oj Shrimpson. We had to check in on them for the latest stats. I'm sure that they will be getting a check from Action any moment now. Detroit opened is a four and a half point favorite. They're now out to six against the Chicago Bears. The Lions looked pretty off last week without Ben Johnson, and now's the real tests of who's the real engine of that Detroit offense? Is it Detroit or is it Ben Johnson? And keep this in mind, the Lions have won and covered their last ten games after a straight up loss, including a four to zho stretch against teams inside of their division. Is that enough to make you and your pregnant shrimp back the Lions.
Speaker 1: Kendra, where are you at?
Speaker 4: I'm going to say no, I don't think I want anything to do with this game, just because I am so far gone on the Lions this season. You can't lose both your coordinators and a lot of your staff under them and continue to be successful. We talked about this on the Tuesday Show a little bit. I'm just you can't. Until the Lions show me who they are this season, I can't put my hard earned American dollar behind them. And my other thing with Chicago is that I love Ben Johnson.
Speaker 3: I really wanted him for the Jags.
Speaker 4: I love Liam Cohen as well, But why would they hire a head coach whose big thing is having a script for his quarterback and put them put him with someone like Caleb Williams, who's you know, bread and butter is the opposite of that. So until these teams kind of find their footing, until they show me who they are, I'm not going to listen. I'm not gonna put my dollar behind them. I just I don't know where this this game is going to go. I have zero gut feeling, and I'm a gut feeling better. I just I cannot I'm not there I feel like.
Speaker 2: This is a really good tease opportunity with that number still at six, bring that down to pick and pair it with another that you like, and we can give some other options.
Speaker 1: Stuck, where do you end up landing on this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have nothing as of now. I mean, I it's not a great spot for the Bears. Right They're played on Monday night football, going on the road now, so shorter week, and they have some defensive injuries which are worth monitoring. A couple of their starting cornerbacks Grady Jared didn't practice yesterday, so they might be shorthanded defensively, But I want nothing to do with Detroit. Also, I mean you look at Tanner Engstram, what he's doing with the Jets. He was on that staff last year, and justin fields, that offense looked incredible. Caleb Williams, it's gonna maybe it never works, but at the bare minimum, based on what I saw, it's gonna take time. And he was still inaccurate his off throw target Rave was still too high. So yeah, look, and this is the story, guy you just said. Under Dan Campbell rally game after a loss indoors Jared Goff against the potentially short handed defense, but that offense, I just don't trust that. The the interior offensive line way down, the play calling, the like, just everything was so short. There was no easy button. So this is pure pass on National revenge weekend. There's revenge matchups all over Super Bowl revenge, just as a revenge DK Metcalf against the Steelers. There's a bunch of them. This one I'm just gonna enjoy. I have Lions win total under I took some Bears flyers, so I'll be rooting for the Bears, but I'm passing on this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Great tweet by you, by the way, with laying out all of the revenge narratives this weekend in the NFL, it's good stuff.
Speaker 3: I did enjoy that.
Speaker 4: I think I also read a stat that will last week was the first time the Lions hadn't had a stack in like two or three seasons. I think that the big thing for Caleb Williams this week, if they're going to be successful, is you have to get his confidence up. He has to score first drive, and you cannot deviate from that plan because what I've noticed with him is that the second his confidence is gone, that's when he gets down on himself, he gets down on his team, he loses his ability to keep his mind in check. So if you want Caleb Williams to be successful, he has to score opening drive and you have to keep his confidence up, even if that's you know, not calling the game that you want to call to better suit him. I think that that has to be their game of attack this week is keeping Caleb Williams mind in check, making sure that you're giving him easy checkdowns, all of those types of things, and score opening drive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so curious to how it all works with like, in order to operate the Ben Johnson offense optimally, you have to understand what he wants to do. Strategic you that you have to take those easy throws, make those quick reads. How does how did like they find that happy balance of like okay, but Caleb Williams some of what he can do. Yeah, the best is the off script things. How do they marry those two things? And maybe it's just they never end up getting married, And so I'm fascinated to watch how this progresses throughout the season. But it's not there yet, And I think it's unfair to think that they would be right right on the same page in Week one, again the good Vikings defense, so we'll see how it progresses, and we'll see how the lines offense progresses without some of their coaches and their intoier offensive line. So definitely a good data point early in the season.
Speaker 2: One of the other ones that I saw that came from Evans phenomenal research the primer, if you have not made that a part of your weekly routine as a sports better, you are missing out on valuable information. The market loves the idea of a shiny new toy toy coming in and dethroning Patrick Mahomes, unless it's the Super Bowl, because I believe the betting splits had the Chiefs getting a lot of money from the betters in terms of that last Super Bowl. But in the regular season, Mahomes is closed as a two and a half point favorite or shorter at home eight times, so a small favorite or a dog in all eight.
Speaker 1: Of those games.
Speaker 2: He's never seen a line move in his direction between open and close. I find that absolutely fascinating that you have Mahomes is either a short favorite or an underdog, and money doesn't just pour in from from from the public or the sharp's enough to move the line in the direction of the Kansas City Chiefs. And yet again, if you look at the line and maybe the Jalen Carterner's news Kendras, he did not get suspended.
Speaker 3: You were right on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they and they came out with that exit with with that exact phrasing of well he already served the suspension, So there you are.
Speaker 1: But I find that stat fascinating.
Speaker 3: I here's my thing with this game.
Speaker 4: I didn't put this down as something that I'm going to bet, and I wish that I had gotten in on it a little earlier. But the fact that they're going to be without you know, potentially exacer' worthy.
Speaker 3: He's been ruled out correct or does it?
Speaker 4: It's not trending in that way that he's going to pay.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's like there's a chance he would play with a brace, but I doubt that they would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing is.
Speaker 4: You can you can give me the Patrick Mahomes stats and narratives and everything like that.
Speaker 3: They also just traveled back from Brazil.
Speaker 4: That is a tough that's a lot of travel, a lot more than like just a West coast situation or you know, in a way after an away game coming back home.
Speaker 3: That's that's stressful, especially after a loss.
Speaker 4: Travis Kelcey is old and distracted and feeling guilty for injuring Xavier Worthy. He came out on his podcast and said that there was no excuse for it and that he felt really bad. Obviously, where she Rice is suspended, I just without Xavier Worthy, no where she raced. Travis Kelsey being as old as he is and in his own head, I just don't see, with how the Eagles looked last week and the revenge tour that Jalen Carter is going to be on this week, how they're going to be able to overcome that even at home.
Speaker 5: I disagree. I'm on the Chiefs. I bet the Chiefs. I'd like, Yes, it's part of it is Mahomes catching points at home. And he's twelve to two and one against the spread as an underdog in his career eighty six percent. A lot of times he's gone up against teams with better rosters. I mean, how the AFC Championship game, I had tons of Ravens futures. I'll never forget that game. The Ravens were better. I think they closed it.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Four and a half five point favorites, and Chiefs did it again. But they've done it so many times, and when their roster is shorthanded or they're gone up against a more talented team, I get it. It's it's very concerning they're running games concerning their lack of receiving options. But it feels like a game to me where Mahomes will just find a way, they'll span the middle of the field. And the Eagles defense lost a lot, and there we talked about the Lions coordinator, the Eagles lost Kellen Moore and that offense. Granted it's one week so you don't really want to overreact too much, but we saw this a couple years ago with the Eagles with a new offense coordinator. It was a disaster and their offense looked awful. I mean there was no creativity, there was no innovation. So I'm worried about and maybe a J. Brown's not fully healthy and you'll have one target, So I'm worried about the Eagles offense as well. Their defense is attackable. It feels like a Chiefs classic Chiefs voodoo game. They just find a way to win on like a walk off field goal.
Speaker 3: It's it's a DeVante Smith game.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 3: That's the only option for them here. He's got to be the guy.
Speaker 4: I just when I look at this Chiefs team and this Chief's roster and their struggles and everything else, I still believe in Patrick Mahomes. I think that he is the second coming of Jesus Christ. I hate their fan base. I think his family's annoying, whatever, But I think that they're going through something similar that the Patriots did between when they won the Super Bowl and what like two thousand and four and two thousand and five and then their next super.
Speaker 3: Bowl that they won. They need a little bit of retooling.
Speaker 4: They need a little bit of a roster change, a little bit of turnover just to keep Patrick Mahomes at the tier that Brady was and keep chasing his numbers.
Speaker 3: It's just I have the undergund the Chiefs win total for the year.
Speaker 4: I think that they just need a retooling around Mahomes to get back to winning super Bowls again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who was supposed to work? Who was supposed to be explosed? This is going to be the explosive offense, But that was supposed to be Worthy and Rice and now you're without either, so that's your back to like, and then your defense isn't as good on the back ends you're back to like. I got to dink and dunk. I gotta just hope the play calling is phenomenal and Mahomes is just on. But I did like him throwing down the field. He was the least throwing down the field against the Chargers. Maybe Thornton can have a big day, but you got to break the tie here, Brandon, is.
Speaker 3: This a jeorgiw Smith game?
Speaker 1: I have a random prop for you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're gonna even gonna make him available, But Taekwan Thornton, Patrick Patrick Mahmes took three deep shots to Taekwon Thornton in the first half of that game against the Chargers.
Speaker 1: I don't think he connected on any of them.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was there was one at the most because he had six Fantasy points on my bench, it's one of the reasons I remember that. But it was all in the first half. They're clearly trying to get the ball to this guy, and if they're without Xavier Worthy, well why get away from that?
Speaker 1: It would have worked.
Speaker 2: It was just you know, a dropped pass or a slight overthrow from Mahomes. I think they go back to that. His number, because he's an obscure player, will be crazy low. So I'd keep an eye on that. I'll break the tie. I'm on the Chiefs. It was one of the first bets that I made this week. I also have a fun one here if if you want to take Kansas City sixty four and seven straight up since twenty eighteen after having a lead in the first quarter, it's the best win percentage of any team in the NFL, including twenty nine to oh in the last three seasons when they have a lead after one. So how about this, Chiefs win the first quarter, Chiefs win the game plus one forty five. If you want to look at this a different way, Kendrew.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I do have a little nugget as like a look ahead. A little birdie told me that the Chiefs might be looking at trading for Tyreek Hill. I could see it, do it, So just a little bit of a look ahead, maybe like a second of the seat, second and second half of the season situation. But it sounds it sounds like that might be a possibility that could be on the board coming soon.
Speaker 1: Would not be great for your season long under right.
Speaker 3: There he's washed. I'm not worried about it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I hope you'll help that based on whatever they have now. But the Dolphins are gonna blow it all up. I could so I could see a couple of their players ending up elsewhere. Is our voice in the sky, our own personal stapway, have an Abrams, Can you look up something quickly? I know this is on the spot because this these are two teams that are I believe second half under gods. Because once either of these teams gets a lead, all they want to all they want to do is I got They'll just try to hold the ball and go on like twelve minute drives and they can and that Eagles can do that run run, little pass, push push, and the Chiefs just do that now because they only can move three yards at a time. So these teams are the lead. I mean we saw that in the Week one with the Cowboys and Eagles game. Somehow going under what are the Eagles last We'll say last five years, Eagles and Chiefs second half unders, they got to be the top two. I mean, just looking.
Speaker 6: Up by quarterback, I feel like is the easiest way to go. So Mahomes, you know Mahomes is he's seventy two fifty seven and five career second half under.
Speaker 5: And that was inclined. That was back when he was explosive too. Though, like correct, I feel like lately Hurts is good too. I mean forty thirty five and one.
Speaker 6: But let's see, yeah, let's see like last few years with Mahomes just to get the uh so Owen won this year ten and nine. See the thing that skews it all and I remember doing this in twenty three he was seventeen and three to the second half under, which skews it all every year of his career basically around five hundred.
Speaker 5: It's at home usually, I believe the home second half.
Speaker 6: Hunders are like twenty nine and twelve or twenty nine and thirteen last few years. So it's arrowhead where they usually stop you second half, no points and they in the game just strangle out the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unreal that pulling that straight from the.
Speaker 2: Dome, by the way, impressive, major flex for Ebony.
Speaker 5: He's the voice of God.
Speaker 1: You got to talk about this.
Speaker 2: Brock Purty News Kyle Shanahan said that he is a long shot to play this week and that it's likely going to be a mole Ti week absence. Ian Rappaport followed that up and said that Brock Parties expected to miss two to five weeks with a turf toe variant. I've never heard of this before. This is like a Marvel Multiverse injury, a turftoe variant. Looked at PFF dot com, they do a good job in terms of the UH spread worthiness of these quarterbacks. He's worth three and a half points to the spread according to the According to their database, this line opened at minus seven for San Francisco, So if you were to bake in that adjustment, that would make the Niners three and a half point favorites. Add a sprinkle of George Kittle news and some market sentiment towards San Francisco, and actually, you know what, scratch that action is tracking seventy one percent of the tickets to New Orleans.
Speaker 1: But it does get us to where we're at.
Speaker 2: Niners minus three is the side stucky? Are you touching this one or have you already?
Speaker 5: I'm what I want to bet on this game. It's ugly, so no one is gonna like this. I said to myself, if party gets ruled out. What's gonna happen is the line's gonna drop, and I want neither part of it. I don't want any part of either side, but I want to bet the over after the total comes down, Like can it get into the thirties?
Speaker 1: Talking in game or are you talking out pre game?
Speaker 5: I just want to see how low it goes. Where are we at now forty forty and a half? Have I want to see if we can get into the thirties because look, the talent for San fran isn't great. It's Mac Jones, but it's still like a good play call in Shanahan. It's not a great New Orleans defense. The Niners defense was basically reset. I like some of the things that the Saints offense did last week. It's indoors two good play callers. And the Saints are going fast, super fast. They were the fastest team Underkelmore. They were the highest tempo in the league last week. So they're spreading it out, going a lot eleven personnel and going fast with tempo. And the Niners, what's their kicking situation gonna be? Like maybe they're just gonna go forward to more and fourth downs be a little bit more aggressive.
Speaker 3: But can they sign Eddy Pinero?
Speaker 5: Is that how they signed? I haven't even chin Well, that's a huge upgrade. They won't miss. That's a huge upgrade over Moody. You missed seven field goals a game.
Speaker 1: The worst throws dart to that man's face at night.
Speaker 5: They held on to him. This is why you never draft kickers like Vin Terry wasn't drafted, Justin Tucker wasn't drafted like a lot. You don't waste a third round draft pick. They they selected Jake Moody in the third round and that draft was one of the go book up that draft. There was like Jyu Brown, Cameron Lay to Robert Beale like nobody. I think de Winters is like the their best drafting. But their second pick in that draft was Jake Moody. Insane, don't draft a kicker. And then they had Anchor By They just held onto him for so long. So that's an upgrade, but ugly scary. Who wants to bet Mac Jones Spencer Rattler over nobody. But if this gets low enough indoors with some tempo, Shannon and We'll still have some good stuff scripted up. It's ugly That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: I do think you're gonna get into the thirties, Kendra. Are you excited for the return of the Mac mac joe?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: First of all, you don't drop the kicker unless it's Cam Little in the sixth round. Never miss an extra point, high school, college or NFL fun sound rounds Okay? Now? Third, agree a great second of all turf toe variant sounds like some d shit.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 4: I hate Mac Jones with every fiber of my being.
Speaker 3: I hate him.
Speaker 4: I told you guys, I was gonna let you know why I hate him. Here is I will t ld are this for you. One both from Jacksonville. He went to like the hoity toity rich kid high school and kicked everybody's ass in football because they recruited all the good.
Speaker 3: Talent in town. Two.
Speaker 4: I go to Auburn, he goes to Alabama. Three, I transfer to you and h and he gets drafted by the Patriots. Four I have to to watch him again in Jacksonville after Trevor Lawrence gets hurt and watch him throw more touchdowns to be TJ last season than Trevor Lawrence. And now he's back in San Francisco. The only other place I've ever lived that he hasn't that was mine and now he's there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hate him so much. You have two d uys.
Speaker 4: You get caught doing things that you should not do, that your sister posted on the internet.
Speaker 3: I hate him so much. I hate him. I hate him. He's kicked my ass and every sport ever.
Speaker 4: Except for when he was on the Jaguars and then he forced.
Speaker 3: Us to lose all these games because he's hot, garbage, hot ass. I hate him.
Speaker 4: I am I'm going to the Jags forty nine ers game in San Francisco and I cannot wait to boo that mf or.
Speaker 3: Out of the stadium.
Speaker 5: And you're gonna wear his DUI picture when he when he was young and he's like crying, uh A smugshot, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right on his face.
Speaker 3: If he has no haters, I am dead.
Speaker 5: I get I'm in the club. I'm in the Mac Johns hater. I have a hilarious story. I don't know how many people know this. When Matt before Mac Jones committed to Alabama, he was committed to Kentucky and at the time I was dating my wife who went to University Kentucky. But it was much older than Mac Jones. She's I don't know. At the time, mac Jones was visiting Kentucky. This is twenty fifteen. I think he was visiting Kentucky and he slid into my wife's DMS while I was dating her. She was twenty fifteen, so she was twenty five and he was in high school and he slid into her DM saying like stop what you do. I didn't know or just said to stup what you're doing tonight. He was in high school track and my wife showed me. I didn't even know who he was at the time. I knew he like it was a high recruit. And then he ended up going to Alabama and I used to love fading him when he was in college because he was slid into my wife's DM. So put me on board of So maybe we should bet that the Saints. I'm in Maybe the Saints is the grouper.
Speaker 4: Bet and his what's his pick line at his odds to throw an interception?
Speaker 5: I'm down for that.
Speaker 4: That might be I might take the over on whatever, because I think that that is my Mac Jones revenge tour. I'm going to bet be over on all of his interceptions all season.
Speaker 1: I think that's the way to go.
Speaker 2: Because here's the problem, Okay, I do have to bring us back to earth a little bit. We cannot back the Saints right We can't back the Saints right now because the public is getting crushed early on in this season. The Saints are getting seventy one percent of the bets. The Saints are terrible. Okay, I know it's Mac Jones, and I'm with you. Hey, if you fuck with Kendra and you fuck with Stucky, you fuck with me too. Okay, I'm with you, guys, but I cannot be on the side of seventy one percent of the bets on an awful team. The forty nine ers are still good enough roster wise to win this football game, and win this football game by more than a field golf with you on the pick, let's find the number on that.
Speaker 5: Laying three with Sam fran just I'm looking for the over I'm gonna be I'll probably be. I gott all care if the public, if I'm side with the public on some games, but I might be the only person in the country that that's the over in this game. Very well, good, Yeah, it sounds like you were talking about paining. We were talking about pain. That might be the most painful thing that I ever endure trying to watch that game and rooting to get into the forties.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would rather be on. It's more. I'm very much an under better in comparison.
Speaker 5: Same I hate betting overs regardless. Now I've got a betting over with Rattler and Jones, but.
Speaker 4: That shit hits like crack, like cheering for an over and cheering for scores hits.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of the public stat that was shared via Evan Abrams, the public went three and thirteen against the spread last week. It was the worst Week one mark in the NFL since Week five, or it was the worst mark that the public had and since Week five of twenty twenty two, the worst week one in twenty two years of action Networks database teams with sixty percent of the tickets.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna rattle these off.
Speaker 2: This is not a don't bet, this is a buyer beware on the following teams. The vikings against the Falcons, the Saints, as we've just talked about against the forty nine ers, the Titans, Stuckey, I know that's one of yours as well, seventy percent of the bets on the Titans going up against the Rams, the Pittsburgh Steelers, they're always a heavily bet public team sixty two percent, and the Panthers, so I think we're gonna have sold to us in a moment. Sixty two percent of the bets against the Arizona Cardinals. So let's use that as a launch pad to nominate a player too and see if we can find some general consensus on the board and eventually land on the cheesiest named parlay I could possibly come up with. We're gonna call this the three Musketeers, all for one and one for all. Eh, you guys with me?
Speaker 3: That is such a Dodd joke. I think that we should public leach game right now.
Speaker 1: Bring it.
Speaker 2: That was rough, but a right, We're roll with it, okay, all right, you know, hey, look, I'll take submissions.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I have been working on my dad jokes over the last five years.
Speaker 5: So if I hit you, I should have played this. I have that horn.
Speaker 1: This is just the beginning, folks, just the beginning.
Speaker 2: I like the Jets plus six and a half, stucky, slightly jealous of you you picked up the seven a few days ago.
Speaker 1: Wish I had gotten in on them a little bit earlier. But this team runs the ball really well.
Speaker 2: Buffalo clearly struggled in that area on Sunday night. Yes, they won the game. They came back heroic fashion, YadA YadA. They give up two hundred and thirty eight yards on the ground to the Baltimore Ravens. Their secondaries beat up as well. So I think Justin Fields can have some success in this game home dogs of seven or more. And this doesn't exactly qualify because I'm taking a six and a half, but just to give you an idea of the range eighteen to one and two against the spread over the last three years in the beginning portions of the season, first half of the I like the Jets plus six and a half. I'll stop there, are you guys sold on the Jets plus the number?
Speaker 1: Or should I continue?
Speaker 5: I'm in on the Jets personally. May maybe a little hangover for the Bills. I liked what I saw from Engstam. I like what I saw from Fields like I didn't know what that office is going to look like. The offensive line is so improved, their tackles, Membu, the rookie twenty six pass protection STAPs, nothing, no pressures, and he went against Watt and that passerrush. So really liked what I saw from the offensive line. And yeah, that Bill's defense has issues right now, Like they're safeties. There a problem, there's injuries at corner the Rundies, so asking them to win by margin the road divisional game. I'm in on the.
Speaker 1: Jets, Kendra.
Speaker 3: I want to be in on the Jets. I just once again.
Speaker 4: Need to see their identity a little bit. I definitely agree with Stucky's thing the other day about Justin Fields maybe being the guy we see to be like the Gino Smith, Sam Darnold Baker Mayfield type.
Speaker 3: I have been chasing that high for him.
Speaker 4: I thought that was going to be him in Pittsburgh and that wasn't so I can't. I feel like I no longer have the cards to play to say that he's going to maybe be in the running for that conversation again. But I just worry about Josh Allen being able to expose the Jets secondary. I will say their run game looked a lot better than I expected last week. I just think that the Bills are way too deep Bills year that you just can't convince me to bet against the Bills out all this entire season.
Speaker 3: I think that out of every team in the NFL, they have the opportunity.
Speaker 4: If there was to be a team to be perfect and go seventeen to O this year, it's them.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we need consensus on this, so I'm going to move on to the Cowboys. I like the Cowboys minus five and a half against the Giants. They wreck NFC East opponents that they face. I think the Giants are still pretty awful. So when you add in the extended rest as well smash spot for the Dallas Cowboys, can I get some consensus?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: That is one of my bets that I gave out this week, the Dallas Cowboys. I'm higher on the Giants than I think a lot of people are this year, but not until day replace Russ with Jackson Dart. I am on the Jackson Dart train, been here since he was at old Miss Love Jackson Dart. One of the most disappointing bets I ever lost in my life was when I got in early on him for Heisman odds and then he kind of shited the bed last yearly in the season. But I really think that the Giants have done a decent job at adding depths and drafting.
Speaker 3: I just don't think.
Speaker 4: That the coaching situation is doing anybody any favors. Jackson Dart's got to be the guy. It's got to be Dallas or nothing for me this week, I.
Speaker 5: Can't get there. But I can't. I'm not betting the Giants. I'll tell you that, Yeah, I need them to change Ross. Ross was awful, and there's to build your case. Neighbors might not be fully healthy. Wanda Robinson didn't practice yesterday. Is Andrew Thomas going to be back? Like the line is bad, but when he's out, it's just a disaster. I know Parsons isn't there, but and Dak's really good as a favorite. He can pull up those numbers. What is Dak is like a six plus point favorite? Usually pretty good, like I think, And part of that is that they'll get a lead and then their defense historic has been able to be aggressive and then you know a kind of snowballs. But maybe that's not the case anymore without Parsons. But they're gonna get pressure. It's this Giants offensive line So if I were if I was choosing between the two, I would go Jets and Kendrick Wild go Cowboys. So we'll do one of them.
Speaker 1: And then how about this.
Speaker 2: So to add to the Dak impressive in these situations seventy one percent over the course of his career ats against the NFC East.
Speaker 1: This is what he does.
Speaker 5: He covers what is Dak as a favorite?
Speaker 6: Yeah, closes well, closing six or more as a favorite thirty one, fifteen and one, which just feels stupid in itself as that big of a favorite, especially on the closing line as a favorite just itself fifty to thirty nine and two, so pretty good.
Speaker 5: That is dumb numbers. That's like Lamar. Lamar first half numbers are dumb fifty nine, thirty four and two against the spread sixty.
Speaker 6: The crazy thing with Lamar first half is Flacco's second, so it's like mostly John.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's true. But the crazy thing even as a favorite of six plus in the first half, Lamar twelve three and one against the spread and he's covered by a field goal game when he's favored by like a touchdown in the first half, it's that shock of the speed is part of it and then the hardball effect two. So all right, how are we going to choose? Then? How are we breaking this tie?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I think because we well, yeah, because there's two, we have two thirds. We're only on one person right now. So Evan, you're you're officially in. You're breaking the tie. Are we putting the Cowboys minus the points or the Jets plus the points into the not named three most Keteers parlay?
Speaker 6: I like the Jets. I mean I already bet the Jets. I put in the ap myself. I had it at seven, So I'm a Jets guy this week. I like the Giants way too much. That defensive lines can cause havoc. I mean, even with the injuries, you assume neighbors will play like Jets.
Speaker 1: The Jets are in.
Speaker 2: Let's move to Stucky sell us on one of your plays for this week that we can get in there as the favorites, parlay.
Speaker 5: Does that to be on Sunday? Or are we on Monday? Are we keeping it to the Sunday?
Speaker 1: I don't think Yeah, I don't think it matters.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go Atlanta plus three and a half Sunday night. It looks like Mooney and London are going to play. That's important. Pennick's faredwell against the Blitz last week against Bowls, that's important against Flores, the Vikings, short week off a big win, a couple defensive injuries. And I'm not fully sold on McCarthy. And I know somehow NFC offensive Player of the Week, but for three quarters it looked awful. And he was going against the Bear's na without their top two corners, without a starting lineback, and like, it didn't look great. And yeah, eventually he got there, but it was with Justin Jefferson, a good offensive line, and I know he was without his left tackle. Might be back this week. But the Falcons anything over a field goal here, rookie quarterback on the road, you got an extra day of wrest and prepp. You should have your receivers. And look, they should have won that game last week. They were plus seven percent net success, right, they dropped like three picks. Their zones were really good. Macarth's gonnaee a lot more zone than he did last week. Might force the ball, some couple of balls to Jefferson, make a mistake. I'm in on the Falcons plus three and a half. Brandon agree. Disagree.
Speaker 1: I'm in. I'm in on that.
Speaker 2: I kind of like the idea of continuing the fade of these really strong public favorites. Last year was such a heavy public success year that you could kind of see this reversing course going into twenty twenty five. It's already happened in pretty dramatic fashion. And then you have JJ McCarthy back to back night starts for a quarterback making his debut and he was a darling.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, this is obvious. This has crashed back down to Earth written all over it. I'm in. I like getting the three in the hook.
Speaker 5: All right. Well, my favorite bet before I get Kendra's thoughts, because you're probably not gonna like this, because no one is probably gonna like this is the Texans. Who wants to bet the Texans is a favorite? Apparently me? But that's my favorite. Be that's on Monday Night. Anything under three. Last week was a mess offensively, but you have to understand that before the game they ruled their guard out with an abdomen injury. Hopefully he's back this week, and he was really good in the preseason ingram. They removed him. That changed three positions around and throughout the game. They had seven or five or six different combinations. They had like all these guys playing tackle. Then they had two injuries. There was no way it was going to be functional. So no matter what this week, I think Ingram be back, that'll allow Howard go to tackle, and I think Patterson at safety for Andrews is even better. But they'll get a week to practice with it. Like they went into the game game day and then had to switch up their entire offensive three positions and then had two injuries. It was a disaster, So it won't look that bad. The Bucks defense is bad. They got lucky last week. Their offensive line is a mess. They got their center playing tackle, their guard playing center because Wurfs is out, they're missing mcmill and Godwin. Still, Baker should have thrown like three or four picks last week. They got very fortunate. Texans get it done that defense at home. I'm trusting them and Stroud the bounce back with a more stable offensive line. So Texans minus two and a half, Falcons plus three and a half. My favorite two bets, I won't make you guys. Bet the Titans, Kenjre, You're you're going to make the decision here.
Speaker 4: I'm more likely to be with you on the Texans than the Falcons after what I've seen from young Waku in his career in the NFL.
Speaker 3: There's no way you're going to get me to back him on.
Speaker 5: He might not be kicking, they might.
Speaker 1: They might have a and Pennick's touchdowns only, okay, and we're going for two.
Speaker 4: It's not that I'm high on the Texans this year. It's that I'm high on the Bucks having a slow start. You could tell that they were missing Liam Cohen last week, that their offense is getting old, that it's getting stale, that the injuries certainly have hit them in the preseason. Guys need to come back, need to get healthy. Like you said, their offensive line is a mess. It's not that I'm high on the Texans. It's just truly that I think if the Bucks are going to have a good season, it's going to take them a minute to get into the flow of the season because so much has.
Speaker 3: Changed for them.
Speaker 4: And you know, Baker Mayfield has had so many different offensive coordinators throughout his career. I think that he's due for, maybe like the right to have a little bit of a slow start after this turnaround we've seen from him. I think that they're going to be fine shit division, and I think that it's theirs to lose. But the Texans are good, They're good coached, they draft really well.
Speaker 3: They need to win.
Speaker 4: They also earn an ass division, but a less ass division, so they've got to get wins where they can get them. I think they have to take advantage of this year at home. I would be more likely to be with you on the Texans.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I guess this is Evan Abrams podcast. I might I might use Sennori here and just call it, but do you have a preference. I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm going to allow you guys to take it. I really don't care about it.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm signed with Kenju. We're going to Texans. So Texans minus two and a half and Jets where we're at plus six and a half is the best price available right now? Are there any sevenths left?
Speaker 1: I don't see any sevens out there.
Speaker 5: No seven? Okay, we'll go six and a half.
Speaker 4: And so I hinted to this on a Tuesday show that I am behind the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: I know that it's ugly.
Speaker 4: I know nobody likes it. But I have some information for you guys. But before I give you this information, who do you think is better or worse? The Saints or the Carolina Panthers. The Saints, but you think the Saints are better than the Panthers.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I think the Panthers are better than the Saints.
Speaker 3: Okay exactly.
Speaker 4: And last week who struggled against the Saints The Arizona Cardinals. Last year, in the matchup between the Panthers and the Cardinals, the Cardinals beat Arizona thirty six thirty in that overtime matchup that knocked Arizona out of playoff contention. The Panthers are fifteen and six against Arizona all time, and the Panthers are six and two on the road in Arizona in that all time matchup. In that game last season, Chewba Hubbard ran for one hundred and fifty two yards and had two touchdowns and Bryce Young threw for two touchdowns and rushed for another. For some reason, the Panthers have their number them getting this big of a spread. I absolutely think that the Panthers are to play here.
Speaker 2: My issue with this one is I think the Panthers are running out of wide receivers and they already traded Adam Thielen Jalen Coker just hit the ir hunter Renfros on the injury report already.
Speaker 1: He just got to the team.
Speaker 3: He had a monster catch.
Speaker 4: Last week though in te Roald McMillan like Heed, but he can't do it all himself.
Speaker 1: I just think they are they're a little too depleted right now for me to back them. I have a hard time. I have a really hard time getting behind this one.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Kuanu also back.
Speaker 5: That would be that would be helpful because his backup was was bad. Yosh the ex packer. Yeah, the weapons scare me a little bit. Also that the Panthers at their defense is void of talent, so they're just running this like basic cover three and then that's usually that's not good against Murray and McBride. I am curious about this, so I don't think I can get there. Like it does make sense. It's like they looked awful. I mean, if you look back historically, teams off of double digit I think Evan probably has this. Teams off of double digit losses that are dogs in Week two probably have hit around like sixty sixty five percent, And yeah, like, how about a team that didn't cover in week one on the road versus a team that did twenty two and twelve against the spread sixty five percent last ten years. So like it makes sense, like buying low. You don't want to overreact in week one. You want to stick more to your priors. Like that's it's just one data point you have to remember. But the total does feel a little low because you just mentioned that game it was thirty.
Speaker 3: Six thirty you said, yeah, but it was also an overtime game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but so like there was still sixty points in regulation. Now this total, and that total was like forty six forty seven the US it was forty three and a half indoors. I get the Panthers offense a little beat up, but I don't know. That total seems a little bit low for me. But why which what's your other one before.
Speaker 4: We the also fun fact, this is the matchup between the two smallest quarterbacks that we've ever had ever so for.
Speaker 5: Post Super Bowl there was one in like the fifties with like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, remember him.
Speaker 4: I also told you guys that I am gonna back Miami this week I'm still there. McDaniel's job watch must win in a week to to and never loses to the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Must win. And the thing is that it's a divisional game.
Speaker 4: They have to consider one Miami in September Tough we talked about there's really no home field advantage outside of the fact that it's the weather and New Englanders and people who like play up here, there's no shot they're going to be able to survive it. When you spend an entire summer working in a New England summer environment and compare into a Florida summer environment, I don't care where you're from. Will Campbell even has struggled up here, and he's from down south and it's not even that hot in comparison. I thought, so, here's the thing for me, here's the big question. Mark Gonzalez was posting. Christian Gonzalez was posting on his Instagram like he was gonna play this week, but the rumors coming out from the team or that he's not, so I don't really know what to expect there. When comparing the position groups, quarterback basically a wash, I would give the edge of running back to the Patriots.
Speaker 3: With the secondary being injured, Tyreek.
Speaker 4: And Jalen Waddall obviously far superior to anything or the Patriots have coaching.
Speaker 3: I probably go Rabel, but I.
Speaker 4: Give the edge to Miami here and they're still running the fullback in today's NFL shout out alec Engeld on Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: I'm behind Miami this week.
Speaker 5: Look, I pride myself on betting the ugliest all. I mean my college football bets this week, and are like the worst teams in the country, and I bet some ugly's, but I'm addicted to bend the Titans.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't have many, uh healthy habits, and that's most unhealthy.
Speaker 1: But this is ugly.
Speaker 5: I mean. Yeah, So I'm like the Panthers and the Dolphins. So I like that You're you're trying to buy the teams that looked awful last week. I cannot put any money or recommend anybody put any money behind the Dolphins right now, given the state of their offensive line, the state it seems like everything in the back, like everything could just explode, Like they could just be arguing on the sidelines the ten minutes into this game. Their secondary is a disaster. There's all kinds of injuries. They've all these guys that just brought on that are like they're relying on to pick up the defense. So what are they doing. They're just blitzing everyone like that's just what they're doing because they don't trust anyone in the back end. And to a looked awful last week. I don't know as he can cost again, I don't know he could. He wasn't just system quarterback. He's been in the system for years. He looked like he did was the first time ever run in the system. So I'm voting by far easily. I can't go. I'm voting for the Panthers plus six and a half.
Speaker 2: I will say, Kendrew, your your mindset on the Miami Dolphins is a winning.
Speaker 1: Profitable mindset. This game in particular can't do it. So I'm with you. Let's go with the Panthers plus the six and a half.
Speaker 4: Quarterering you guys into betting on the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 5: That was very strategic. That was that was a ploy, alright, the only other one, only other team. I really don't want to that default Panthers in the parlor.
Speaker 4: Well, I really just put a gun to both of your heads and was like, choose between two shitty options.
Speaker 5: Perfect execution, very well done.
Speaker 1: The official All Favorites all day parlay.
Speaker 2: Texans minus two and a half, Jets plus six and a half, and the Panthers plus six and a half.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Do we may not make it on here?
Speaker 5: Well that's people are going to learn here and I'm listening on Friday. Uh we by the way, we will be back on Sunday recapping the day and then we'll talk a little you know, Sunday night football, Monday night football. Uh where warranted? So yeah, well we can't get out there Thursday night football. We talk a little bit about on the Action Network podcast. But uh yeah, I'll have you room for the Packers tonight.
Speaker 1: Make sure you will make you it same.
Speaker 2: Make sure you find us on the Action Network YouTube page where we will talk Week two NFL recap Sunday night. Good luck with all of your bets. I'll see you back here next time on the Favorites podcast. Let's go cash these tickets I go.
Speaker 3: Action Network reminds you please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you care about has a gambling problem, Help is available twenty four to seven at one eight hundred gambler