Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today and Paul Swingian alongside Christina Kino, and we're joined by bloom Work Equities reporter Natali Knevich.
Speaker 1: Natalie, what are you looking at today?
Speaker 4: Let's start with Nike. The tickers and key E shares are up by almost five percent after the filing showed that Apple CEO Tim Cook bought almost three million dollars worth of shares on December twenty second. Tim Cook, he is Nike's lead independent director, so he made this move actually the next day after the stock tumbled by ten point five percent on disappointing EARNIX report. So Nike shares have been under pressure. The latest NIX release showed that sales in China are really, you know, under pressure. They were down by seventeen percent last quarter, and also the company expects decline in sales this quarter. So again shares are down by twenty percent this year. But for Tim Cook, that was a buying opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jeez, makes me wonder what does Tim cooksying and Nike that the rest of us are missing out on.
Speaker 3: It's interesting we're talking about brand loyalty. Like, you know, I thought I had brand loyalty, but then I started trading down to all these store brands, you know, governing food shopping and everything.
Speaker 1: I still have loyalties to Nike. I still buy Nike every time.
Speaker 4: Same. I'm were a Nike actually.
Speaker 1: But I see the kids that got brands I don't know of. Hoka. Yeah, there's a lot more. There's a lot more variety. Ou Yeah, right now, all right, I see what's going on there. All right, Cost go Costco.
Speaker 4: The tickets cost shares are up by two percent today. It came after an upgrade from an analyst from North Coast Research. Now. He upgraded the stock to buy from neutral. Now. He said, that says the price targ for twelve months at eleven hundred dollars. Now it's training at almost eight hundred and eighty dollars, So it's a pretty big move. It implies almost a thirty percent gain from the last price, so we know that the stock is actually also struggle and it is done by almost nine percent on a year today basis, but the latest earnings report was not that bad. The company says that a price sensitive customers continue to search for value, and they also see some gains across new brands and collaborations with Gap all the beauty and new products such as Dubai chocolate.
Speaker 1: All right, So when I was director of research, here's a rule.
Speaker 3: I had no rating change changes on these types of days, these Christmas Eve, you know, day after Thanksgiving, whether nobody's in the market. It's volatile because you're going to because you can rip the stock one way or the other, like you ripping Costco here.
Speaker 1: It's up eighteen points. That's not kosher.
Speaker 3: You don't know anyway, interesting one unless want to make a name for yourself and your spends.
Speaker 2: Interesting stock mover's report from the Radio Yes with us throughout today for the latest round.
Speaker 1: App companies making start up by.
Speaker 2: The latest market moving headlines the Bloomberg Radio from catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com and on the Apple car Play and with the Bloomberg.
Speaker 4: Business fifteen fifty dollars per share in cash.
Speaker 2: We know that.
Speaker 4: So OFFI agreed to buy Dynavags for about two point two billion dollars and this deal will allow it to get more access to different vaccines including hepatitis B vaccine and potentially it can also improve its profile across global vaccine distribution