Speaker 1: The volume. Can you believe We're this deep into the NFL season? We gotta make every second count. With DraftKings Sportsbook, you can make the most out of every game day. Bet on your favorite teams for a shot at winning big bucks. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting five on any matchup. Get in on the action with Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the app now use code Shannon. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting just five books on the NFL. Only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with code Shannon.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why to four six seven three six nine. In West Virginia, visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. Please play responsibly. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gamble and called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Foothill Casino and Resort in Kansas must be twenty one or older in most eligible states, but age varies by jurisdiction. See DraftKings dot com slash sportsbook for details in state specific responsible gambling resources, eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash basketball terms.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you again for joining us for another episode of Nightcap Basketball Edition. I'm your favorite sports unk, Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite number zero. Habachi the man once played an NBA game and some Dolce and Gabana. Yes, he did Dolce and Gabona. Some lifestyle activewear out of worth sneakers. He did that Gil with arenas Gil. How you doing tonight, Bro, I'm good. Thank you for having me man. Thanks for joinings. You know we don't get into this a little later, but you and I have been trying to put something together for quite a while. Behind the scenes, we were both of our teams were working timely trying to get this thing together because we want to show people. Look, Gil has this thing going and it's doing great. I've got my thing with Ojo and Club Shay Shape doing great, but we want to show people that we can work together because a lot of people see all because of going back and forth on YouTube and on Twitter and this and that. One nah Gil is like, hey, bro, what you want to do? You want to do something, let's put up. Let's find something we can do together. And so here we are. Hopefully this is a sign of many more things to come, but let's jump right into it.
Speaker 2: The Bucks beat the Pacers one one twenty six.
Speaker 1: Giannis has a career high sixty four points, breaks the franchise record that was held by Michael Red fifty seven points. He was twenty or twenty eight from the field, fourteen rebounds and force steals. Before we get into a game, the game was kind of got overshadowed because it looked like the Pacers was holding the game ball for ransom. What would you take away? But what transpired after the game deal before we get into what transpired doing the game. Hey, that's history right there. Sixty four point. I would have stole that shit. I just stolen to it.
Speaker 2: When he came back and tall, you bro, can you sign this? Hopefully you got about it?
Speaker 1: Hey, but you know, just like anything, that game ball is special to you know, to the people who did it. I had to do the same thing when I hit sixty against the Lakers. I had to go fire and chase it down. Yeah, they were trying to keep it because that's a game ball for them to play the game, and it is probably one of their favorites. So when someone does something special with it, they still want it. Yeah, that game ball is only special to you, it's not special to the Lakers. So they go, they gonna try to back out their gain. But if you look after the game deal, the Bucks got the Bucks a coach assist, the coach had the ball. I'm trying to figure out how did the he for got end up with the ball. Hey, give us the ball. It's just one of those things because it's part of their organization. So they they're trying to collect all the balls that you know that they have out today because you know, like anything, you'll see like xes on the ball means he has three axes.
Speaker 2: That's the game game ball. Okay, they're trying to just collect the ball, and you're honest, like whoa, whoa, whoa woa.
Speaker 1: Nine that's me, right, there and he's basically telling Lord Pearson, tyreez Alliberton, go get that infing ball.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 1: Tyree's like, bro, what I got to do? What hop over here? Talking with Dave? Hop over here? I don't want no beat. I don't want no beat. He's like, go get the ball. Giannis was hot. He was even hot in the after the game, the interview. He was still seething because he felt that the Pacers was trying to take a part of history. And you're absolutely right, sixty four points. I don't care who is again sixty four sixty four and you look at some of the greats Jabar played in that uniform and he got sixty four and so obviously he wants the game ball.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the game.
Speaker 1: Johan is twenty of twenty eight, fourteen rebounds, four steals. I think he was like twenty four to thirty two from the file line.
Speaker 2: Gil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you watch the Bucks and you see Dame and it's only what twenty games into the season, when you watch them, what do you like a working to improve The two players that we do see and we expected to play well, they're playing very well. Dame out of the last twenty one games, or just the twenty one games this year, He's scored twenty points in over sixteen of those games. Okay, Janni's nineteen out of the twenty three games. They're playing very well, right. Their third option, Middleton ain't doing very well, right, the guy that's supposed to be the steady, that steady third option for him. It's like when Drew got traded. He got traded. That's what it feels like. His half of him is in Boston probably, Okay, and well, he's only scored one twenty point game and the whole season so far. How much you think that is is health related? You know, he had that surge on his knee. I think he had surgery on his wrist or another extremity also, So how much do you think that it is just age and attrition or how much is that you think is related to the knee surgery that he had. No, I mean no, the health is a big thing. You know, that's that that is probably one of the bigger problems with him personally. But at the end of the day, you know, when you're trying to you know, eatn win a championship, right, you know that that injury is hindering, you know, the movement of this team right right. He can only do so much. Johnny can only do so much. We need the other parts. That's going to go against the Boston's and a Phillies. I don't I've watched the Bucks for like four gaps, watched them four games. I was at the game in which the Lakers won the nd season Tournament on Saturday, and.
Speaker 2: My takeaway is that they don't play a liquor defense.
Speaker 1: They're looking to push your tempo, make or miss if they If you miss it, they're looking to get the ball off the rim and push it up the court. If you make it, they'll take it out the net and still and still push it up the court. Because I watched the Lakers get eighty six points in the paint and Lebron missed like three or four layups ad they could have had easily one hundred, one hundred and six points in the paint. It's hard when you have that kind of offensive rating but you're dead last across the board in defensive rating. When you when you watch the Pacers, what's your takeaway? Because maybe maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think they can compete I don't think they're very serious contenders with that type of defense.
Speaker 2: No, no, right, now, you know the Pacers is a fun team, right, they're very fun up and down team. They're young. They don't have defensive concepts. Right. They have Miles back there, but.
Speaker 1: He can only do so much by himself, right, But for the structure of the team itself, they don't have enough pieces that's willing to do the extra like when it comes to being a defensive team.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's don't let them score on.
Speaker 1: The first opportunity, Like I mean, give give no blowboys, right, turn a little bit so that help can help.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, they're one of.
Speaker 1: Those teams where you just you can just straight line the whole team. Yeah, they don't even make you kick the ball out. You just drive to the ball, You drive to the basket and just lay the ball up. Because, like you said, you got Miles Turner, you got Matt burn that plays a little defense. Bunny Hill's not playing defense. Ty Reeves is not a defensive guy. McConnell. He's a scrappy guy, but he's only like five teens, so he can only do so much. So they don't have enough pieces. I agree, with you. They need more pieces in order to pay play defense. But like you said, they are a fun team. They're the type of team that you're like, oh, yeah, we're gonna score one hundred and thirty. We might give up one thirty six, but hey, but you're gonna get your money's worth. It's not gonna be it's not gonna be one of those ninety six to ninety type ball games.
Speaker 2: That's over for them. No, they can't. They don't even have the patience to play.
Speaker 1: Right, it's just one of it's It's it's Phoenix Suns all over again with a faster tempo.
Speaker 2: Right. Those are the teams you score sixty four on.
Speaker 1: Right, They're gonna play possessions in the game that everyone's gonna be able to eat. Right, And the Pacers are first in points per game, averaging one twenty eight point five, the second worst than appoints points per game, giving up about one to twenty five game. So they're fun to watch, But I just don't know how far they can go.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. Now.
Speaker 1: They did beat the Celtics in order to advance to go to Vegas, but I don't believe they can beat Boston in a poor game series. I don't believe they can beat the Bucks in a poor game series. I definitely don't think they can beat if if Yanni's got sixty four, Jordan be gonna get seventy. They ain't got nobody to do it with that locomotive, he's gonna get seventy killed.
Speaker 2: You know that?
Speaker 1: The bad part too about even on the Buck side, Right, you have two first team all defensive players back there, and y'all are struggling on defense, which is where we are. Yeah, and I've always question the metrics of defense.
Speaker 2: How do you gauge it?
Speaker 1: Because some of these guys aren't real defensive players, but they're when in these awards, and this is.
Speaker 2: A prime example.
Speaker 1: You lose one defensive guy, you still have two first team off deal.
Speaker 2: How anybody pays? Yeah? Right? And yeah, that's the funny thing about teams where.
Speaker 1: No matter how many defensive players you have individually, if they don't know how to play together, they become a bad defensive team. Yeah, Gil, I look at it like this, And what I tell people in football, if you're good offensively or you're good defensively. If you're a good offensive team, and you say you're a good offensive team or a great offensive team, can you go get points? Can you go get done when you need to get it done?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: In basketball, if you're a defensive team, can you get a stop when you need it?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Because if you can't, it doesn't all these great defensive stats that we're number one in steels, we're number one in block shots at YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 2: But if you can't get.
Speaker 1: A stop when you absolutely have to have a stop, what good is all all those stats doing you?
Speaker 2: No, that's that's that's facts right there, right that the last five minutes, the last two minutes really dictate, you know, the outcome of the game.
Speaker 1: You know, in basketball, we tell ourselves, right, make enough plays to win at the end of the game, right, you know, so the Stars can take over.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The Nets beat the Suns one, sixteen to one twelve, spoiling the Sun's Big three debut. Devin Booker thirty four points, six rebounds, twelve assist, Kevin Durant twenty seven points, six rebounds, four assists, Bradley be Up fifteen points on six to nine shooting two or two from three. The Sun's Big three, oh and one of the trio. What was some of your takeaway from that ball game? How much space you know, even though they lost this game, right, how much space was was Booker opened?
Speaker 2: Bill opened?
Speaker 1: There was there was a drive here, I think it was like and there was like sixty seven sixty eight, and Booker came off to pick and roll and Bill's your sitting at the top to keep by himself.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, man, that's too much space for a guy like that. And all three of them.
Speaker 1: Healthy now playing, They're gonna be trouble, you know, come down the line. But again, Gil, who they gonna stop? You gotta be able to get or are they gonna stop? You gotta be able to remember that we just said, can you get a stop? When you're absolutely have to have a stop? Who's gonna be able to sit down in that chair? Because Nurkic is not a defender, Ratt Bell, book KD. Who you got is gonna, I mean, what you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 1: You know, It's so funny at this point, man, when you're talking about real defense right without any lockdown defenders? What's the concepts?
Speaker 2: Right? Are we pushing them?
Speaker 1: The weekend are we pushing them, keeping them on the baseline, Keep them on the sideline, as long as you're playing by principal, right, Okay, keep the.
Speaker 2: Man in front of you, right.
Speaker 1: But it's hard to play defense in today's game when everyone can shoot the ball. Yes, yes, there's so much space. There's so much space on the floor. Even the bigs. You used to condense the floor because your bigs couldn't stretch it, they couldn't shoot the basketball. But with the exception of maybe five bigs in all of basketball, everybody can shoot the three. And hell, even the guys that can shoot will drag jacket up with jacket up. And that's the thing is that when you look at but Bradley Beal only nine attempts.
Speaker 2: He used to get in at least fifteen to twenty attempts. Now this first game, uh, this first game.
Speaker 1: He trying to get a feel in. He just trying to get to fill in. And you know, you're trying to like ease in. You ain't trying to really do too much. So I know just what he did. He gonna catch cramps tonight, right, you like so you you like you think they can go they can make a deep run.
Speaker 2: You think they're serious SINIS contenders. Yes, in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: It's all about matchups, So yes they're If they're clicking and they get the right matchups, you know, in those first couple of rounds, then they could they could, you know, go to the Western Conference Final, maybe the championship, especially if maybe one stays healthy.
Speaker 2: Okay, you like them. The Lakers survived.
Speaker 1: San Antonio, winning one nineteen. The Lakers gave up forty five points in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They gave up thirty four points last night and the MAVs lost in the fourth quarter. Ad was dominant again thirty seven points, ten rebounds for it steals uh. Victorian Prince seventeen points, five rebounds, five assists.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kobe of the Ozarks Auston Reeds fifteen points, eight assists, four rebounds. Ruy was thirteen and seven. What did you like about the Lakers? Not except except except.
Speaker 2: That fourth quarter? Nothing, Because that fourth quarter showed us exactly why we need Lebron right, why we need to make a trade. Right. You just we don't have really enough players. We have we have a team, right, we have pieces, but we don't have nothing. We can hold our hat on like we're we're playing the Spurs. Yeah, our road t our.
Speaker 1: Road record is horrible, four and eight, right, we're five and eight now, five and at five and fopping eight now.
Speaker 2: We just like we need to go ahead no matter who we play.
Speaker 1: I think the next ten games we got what Spurs, Knicks, Bulls, Heat, Grizz, Clippers, Raptors, Sons, Jazz, Thunder. We should go eight and two. We should, right, and we still need to make a trade. But okay, what, okay, this is what we know. A D and Lebron are untouchables. I believe I believe they list Auster Reeves as an untouchable.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I believe they believe him as an untouchable. But all other ruy d low So what what what do they need? What exactly? Do they need another shoot? Another score? Do they need another ball handler? What do they need? We need another score? Needs someone to take the pressure off. See right now, we're playing, for the most part two on five right where that means ten guys are really paying attention to two players, which shrinks the floor when.
Speaker 2: You have DL who's not shooting.
Speaker 1: When Delos shooting is good, but when he's taking like nine shots, a game. That's bad because Prince and Reddish they're doing the same thing. Between the two of them, they might take ten shots, right. Prince played well later in the game, but for the most part, both of you guys are there for defense. I don't need that. I need someone to take the pressure off offensively for Lebron and Ad. So the trade could happen. Prince rulyd Lo. That's thirty nine million, zach Levine's at forty swap them. But it's see from what I've been reading, and I don't know if you're hearing the same things in the circles that you travel in. They seem to be more interested in Damar, Derozen and maybe a Caruso than says zach Levine. Okay, when you bring in the Damar, Damar is a better fourth quarter player, better gamer, better right now today, right, zach Lavine is a future with a D. When Lebron goes, you know, he's only okay with a D. He is a highlight reel so he can put people in them seats on that fast break right, you know, damorrow at thirty two, thirty three years old, you know, I need somethingwhere I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: Gil I think the Lakers like we're trying to win right now.
Speaker 1: We're not worried about when Lebron's gone, we'll worry, we'll we'll worry about getting somebody to pay with a D. But right now, we got a thirty eight year old about to be a thirty nine year old Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Who's still at the peak of his powers.
Speaker 1: Let's get someone right now, and we'll cross the bridge a little later. But right now, let's add let's start on our march across the bridge. Well, then then then you shrink the floor a little bit more because because the roads in it's more of a mid range threat.
Speaker 2: Right, So he can shoot the three, but he doesn't shoot the three. Right, No, that's not his.
Speaker 1: He's my he's my finisher. Damn if you do, Damn if you don't.
Speaker 2: You know, I like Xavine Levigne because he can pack the rim. He could, he got his lobs, so you you don't lose. You don't lose with it.
Speaker 1: But if I had more shooting, I'll take I'll take Damar. But since I don't, I want to take Zach Levin so he can open the floor more for Lebron and ad.
Speaker 2: What what what?
Speaker 1: What did they say about you're gonna because they believe Last year what really hurt him is that the lack of depth and right now they have a very deep team now you believe that they Okay, I will trade some of that depth in order to get a better piece to put with Lebron in a d.
Speaker 2: As you say, de where just woll I don't want the bitch on me. You can use them. Well, I think they're looking at defenders.
Speaker 1: They're looking at Van do O, They're looking at Tyrian Prince, they're looking at Cam Reddish as your mainly defenders. Now Cam has shown a propensity and lately he's knocked down the corner three. He's really good at the corner three. Prince is gone through a hot streak over the last three to four games. He seemingly can't miss from the three. But if you give up those three players, you are gonna shrink your bench some And although we know come playoff time, you shrink your bench automatically anyway, so we're not worried about that come playoff time.
Speaker 2: But you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Burn through Lebron's minutes and his legs playing him a ton of minutes before you get to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Correct, No, no, no.
Speaker 1: The facts it's that's that's the real problem right now is you know, just like tonight's game, right, you know, you're you're up twenty, up eighteen in the fourth and a sorry team comes back, right because you don't.
Speaker 2: Have that you think you have yet. They're good when Lebron's on, but they're not good by themselves. I'm like.
Speaker 1: The fact that they didn't shoot for the no one else shot free throws until the end of the game, right when Prince got fouled.
Speaker 2: Yes, filling at the end.
Speaker 1: Other than that, that means for forty seven minutes, no one one attack that basket to get fouled. How right, That's not even possible. The only if you really look at it, the only people that's really capable of attacking the basket is Delo and Austin Reeves once Lebron is out, those are really your only two guys that's looking to put the ball on the floor, put their head down and can get to the rim finish on either side. Now, obviously they don't have the layup package like a Kyrie or Steph Curry or Luke or something like that. But they will attack the basket. We know Lebron is looking to attack at every time. But what I did like about Ad Ad kept pressure on him.
Speaker 2: Ad is not settling.
Speaker 1: You know last year Ad was shooting that fall away. He falling away. No, Ad, get your big old butt down there on the block. I'm not you know, you're not joeling Beid, But get down there and punish them smaller guys. I like the fact that they I understand you a shop blocker, wimbley, but you ain't ready for this. You you got you needed about four five more years on you get seasoned because you're not right now. I got to give it to a d because he's doing what he's supposed to do against weaker They take this right. That's what we've been complaining about when you have read players on you. Yes, punish him, fats, that's what they for. That's what they in the game for. Yes, in a game to get this wood been to make better players later on in life.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I think that since Ad is playing the way we expected him for the last three years to play, we.
Speaker 2: Can lay off of him a little bit and look at the rest of our line now.
Speaker 1: I think because we paid attention so much to Anthony Davis that we really haven't been watching what we've been collecting over the years. I think the biggest thing is is that it's that we expect so much of him and we saw what he was given because when they traded for him before the Pelicans and he you know, they fell out with each other, AD was averaging like twenty nine to twelve, So we know what he's capable of doing. We saw the man get a sixty twenty game, so we know what he's capable of. Nobody just cared because he's in New Orleans. But when you come to the big stage of the Purple and Goal and that's the home of the big man Micn and Chamberlain and Jabbar and Shaq Row, you you got to play on a nightly back.
Speaker 2: There are no not off nights when you play for the Lakers. Any other team you might can have an off night, but not the Purple and Goal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If Jianni's wasn't playing, if Yanni's Yokish and NB, if they wasn't ball and getting the MVPs, I think we wouldn't be on Anthony Davis so much. I think it's an American thing right now. But Gil, do you remember what Ad did to Jokic in the bubble? I know, did you remember what he went down at that playoff right before, and what he did to Jannis and what he did to Empeed?
Speaker 2: I know, those are the expectations.
Speaker 1: That you can't give us forty and sixteen one night and give us eleven and eight the next year.
Speaker 2: We just can't have that.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying give us forty twenty back to back night, but you can't give us forty and sixteen one night level to eight the next one. Head Hey them, young body, listen, you're giving them young boys that headache. And they growing up now not even want that smoke. They want that smoke backs. And that's that's the problem of that. He's like, hey, you killing you kill him when they're young, when they get old enough to defend themselves, they want that smoke back.
Speaker 2: That's all, Oh oh yeah, I gotta get my link back. I got to get that back.
Speaker 1: Then we don't yoh no, no, no, you're not fit to drop forty ten, forty and fifteen on me if they goin't gonna get my lick backs? Uh. Someone named Chad Johnson just donated two hundred dollars saying I love you guys. Oh Joe, oh Joe, Hey, hey man, stop running around like hey, stop run around telling everybody you beat me.
Speaker 2: We we know we're supposed to keep supposed to keep that on the low time. Noah.
Speaker 1: They called him tell it for a reason because if he do it, he gonna tell it.
Speaker 2: He was fast. I ain't know he was that fast.
Speaker 1: Oh he fast. Now I got I ain't gonna lie. I got that work by some football players. I'm not gonna lie like because I wasn't expecting them to do what they can do right and then and they'll live stromman in the average basketball player. Hey poor was Porter Porter the ride receiver from Oakland?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah yeah, Jeedart Yeah, Jed Porter Man he he he he dropped step monkey dunked on me like I was a little kid. Man. I was like, oh man, who is dude? Man?
Speaker 1: That was playing like some little all star game and he drops that just boom like oh wow, No, No, I ain't no taking this from these crept No take this.
Speaker 2: A Wimby said before the game.
Speaker 1: He prefers Bronze nickname of Alien over unicorn, He said, I hate I hate it when people call me a unicorn. I must rather people call me an alien. Unicorn really isn't original. What did you what did you take away? What did you like about Wimby? What did you saw? Like? Because he was going against one of the better players, and ad can score and he can defend, and he gave him thirty and what thirty and thirteen?
Speaker 2: Thirty and twelve? Now hey, hey.
Speaker 1: He's coming like he's tapping into his ability, he's tapping into what his gift is.
Speaker 2: And you know, once you get through.
Speaker 1: The NBA games and you realize what you see on TV ain't all Superman, right, anybody ain't Superman from your TV.
Speaker 2: Everybody looked good on TV. Yeah close.
Speaker 1: You start seeing their weaknesses and you start feeling filling the game for yourself, like I belong. Yeah, like all It takes this one game, one moment for to click on and say, yo, I'm a part of this. I can I can't play here. Ojo said he can play for the Heat right now. They got a G league. They got a G League.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the talent over it? Every man? They're that man? Oh yeah, that's a ymc ach and we all can play for them.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're having dribbled a basketball in probably ten years, and you know about any Oh Joe, And what I try to tell people, it's hard no matter what profession you hear, especially if it's a skill for profession where you're using your hands, our coordination, you just can't sit that down. It's like, oh, yeah, I'm gonna sit this down for three or four years, then just come back and pick it up and pick up where you left off. No, no, nah, you can't do that. But the players ain't got over there. Hey, hey, oh Joe, you got a chance. With the players on it, they're just gonna be in well, good conditioned, right, you're gonna have to put the McDonald's down a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: The NBA is suspending Draymond Green and definitely Joe dumar Is, the NBA executive president and the head of basketball Operations, said Drake repeated the history of unsportsmanlike unsportsmanlike acts was considered in the decision to suspend him indefinitely. This is the sixth time in his career he's been suspended. Draymond is expected to receive counseling and work with the Warriors in NBA while suspended, he has met the criteria he has to meet criteria before returning to the court, but Chris Hayines report that Draymond will be allowed to continue practicing while serving his suspension.
Speaker 2: But damn, what kind of holl up?
Speaker 1: So you mean to tell me I could commit a crime and I could continue to work, continue to go.
Speaker 2: Do what I do and then you know, and not go to jail. I mean, what what? What is this? So?
Speaker 1: So basically he ain't suspended suspended right right, I'm off, he's just taking some time off.
Speaker 2: Hey this is uh was it a load load managed? Load management? This load management? But he's just not getting paid. Huh.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, listen, I don't aid that may be triggering. It depends on who's suspended them. Well, I think the league suspended him. But dra gotta stop this. He gotta stop this. I mean, come on now, I get it. But one of my problems is why is the Warriors involved? Because it's you that's allowed this to go on. I would have thought after Drake got suspended in twenty sixteen for game forget what game was that? Game five? Game five he said, I cost my team a championship. I can't put myself in my team in that predicament again, and lo and behold, he constantly does it.
Speaker 2: So I'm just.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out where's the disconnect between dre and I get it. You know, he's spoke, he's the heartbeat, he's the enforcer, but he's going over the line continuously. You're right, listen, you can't turn it off. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: You have to be.
Speaker 1: Able to take the good with the bad. No different than Dennis Rodman. You turn off what you don't like might turn off what you do like. Right, So with Draymond, he's reacting in real time. Right when you look at the things he's doing, it's it's not like you can see it building up. There's no build up to this. This is just reaction in real time and then boom explode. So what's happening is if you take away and you start making him think, you might lose the heartbeat.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the only problem. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like aggression, but I love controlled aggression because right now it's uncontrollable.
Speaker 2: He's a taking time bomb.
Speaker 1: So you know, everybody got the dogs that you know, when somebody come in, he's like, he's growling and everything, and it's all funny game until he bites someone and then all of a sudden, it's not funny anymore.
Speaker 2: It's not cute anymore. And that's what's happening with Draymond.
Speaker 1: He go up to the line you could even look over, but you can't step over at what point in time because you know what, they're gonna tolerate that they can replace it at some point in time, they're gonna break this thing up. And we're gonna talk about Clay a little later because right now, the only one that's that's worth being there is kind of is Steph Ain't no kind of it is step But Dramond he continually put and I could see if he had done this and they got KD, they still got enough to overcome it. But in this situation, this is not the Golden State Warriors of twenty fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen nineteen. They can't overcome this. When you if they were seventeen and three, we wouldn't even care, but the fact that they struggling.
Speaker 2: Would he have done this at seventeen and three, because.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, yeah, he gonna do this no matter what.
Speaker 2: It's who he is.
Speaker 1: It's who he's always been, right, So the ticking tom bomb that's ticking all the time, and that's what makes him great. The reason I can't like if I'm talking to him, I can't tell him. I can't convince him to say, hey, man, you're gonna have to calm it down. When I got in trouble in the locker room and I told myself, don't be Agent zero no more. Because Agent zero himself was a daredevil, right, I was a you.
Speaker 2: Hey. You said, hey, I'm about to jump off the building. I said, you make it here. I come to next? Fun right, right? Fun? You could. You can dare me to do anything. Right. But that's what got me in trouble.
Speaker 1: So if I don't want that person anymore, I got to take away my whole aggression.
Speaker 2: So then I became docile.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not I'm not the same person no more. So when Lakers like, yeah, we need Agent zero, he no longer hit you don't couldn't be happen with the leader.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, But but let me ask you a question. How long?
Speaker 1: How much longer are the Warriors gonna tolerate this because this seems to me they're at their with seeing because he's become he's becoming more problem than he's worth. If I'm winning championships, I'm making deep playoff runs. It all depends on where you're trying to go moving forward. If you're trying to break this thing up, you gotta go. If you're if you're trying to build, like okay, within the next three years, we're trying to get back to the championship, you gotta keep them right.
Speaker 2: Trade Clay, get.
Speaker 1: Rid of Wiggins, try to get it into Paul George and try to make a trade to put step back in position to win. Then you need Draymond. But if you're gonna break this whole thing up, Draymond got to go first.
Speaker 2: This thing like a marriage, Gil.
Speaker 1: You know, you see a lot of professional athletes get a divorce once they done with it because all of a sudden them far and smell it. They don't they they you ain't making self eight ten million dollars. They're a little steakier.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I ain't got to put up with this. You hanging out with your bone. I could tolerate that. When you bring a home twenty million. Now you ain't bringing home twenty million. I can't tolerated as much as I once could, So I need we need to go out separate ways. Well, Draymond, we could tolerate this when you help us win four championships in six years and we were the freehim and the team in the NBA. Now all of a sudden, we've kind of falling on hard times, Draymond.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could tolerate it like I once good. Hey, they like they like a marriage when your career is over with.
Speaker 1: Hey, we've all seen it. We've all seen it. Hey, hey, man, hey brother, you married. You need to go home. Man, she cool with it, and she cool you doing.
Speaker 2: He Now all of a sudden you ain't. You ain't making that money no more.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, you not in the livelight no more, and you come home?
Speaker 2: Where the hell you being?
Speaker 1: Hey, just a year ago I was out with the party. Wasn't the problem? Every problem?
Speaker 2: Now? Hey, you want me to be docile, you better get back in the league.
Speaker 1: Other than that, you better be normal. The thirty women you had been folk better go down to this just me right, And that's just how it is. But someone said that. I don't I forgot who said it. Said the referees are eavesdropping on their conversation. But I think the refs are trying to keep it because we know, we know what talking leads to, gil because somebody go say something, go get the feelings hurt.
Speaker 2: That's just the way we that's just the way we wire.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, that's football. Y'all win like that, y'all fighting people with your helmet on, with your helmet off. No no, no, y'all feel like that. We got some sense a little bit. But y'all, no, you see, I'm like this right here. The choke cost him eight hundred, right.
Speaker 2: This is gonna cost some millions if he don't get his shipped together.
Speaker 1: So NBA players were not really trying to fight the refs dropping.
Speaker 2: Is that is the problem, Like.
Speaker 1: You're trying to stop us from doing what when most things that happen or or a reaction, and most of the things that's happened is because of y'all are not calling that whistle. Right, if you do your job, we can do ours. But the fact that you don't want to do yours, and we sitting here going back and forth.
Speaker 2: They let let it happen. Let it okay, let it happen.
Speaker 1: You're trying to stop stuff from happening when most of the things are just right head on, a on an instant play. It ain't when we japping back and forth. When was Draymond talking to Nurdice? No, it is not a damn dang Rudy would he put him in that figure fold?
Speaker 2: Not a damn Well.
Speaker 1: They should have suspended Rudy Gobert's teammates for letting that happen. That's who should have got suspended because can't and and a man ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: You ain't running up on my teammate. No, no, you grab your teammate. I grab my teammate. You ain't touching my teammate. Facts like that's that's just the lay alone with you like Raymond did was correct. What happened was they grab you see what he did when they grabbed Clay. Oh, y'all got the I got your man, I got your man, I got your man.
Speaker 2: I won't out.
Speaker 1: That should have been an NBA orgy over that, bud. Check us out the Lakers N Season Tournament banner. Charles Barker said, you don't do champagne for N season tournament. If the Lakers put the N Season Tournament banner up, I'm going to roast their answer on television.
Speaker 2: I got one question. Is it a championship, championship or not? It comes it says championship. The problem is we we don't know where this is gonna be moving forward.
Speaker 1: You think they're gonna be you think they're gonna do away with Let me ask you a question. Is it more or less likely they'll have an N season tournament next year and the next year and the next year.
Speaker 2: Or they're gonna do away with it? What's more likely?
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna I think this is in his en it seems successful.
Speaker 2: But why is Charles Barkley talking.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to ask him you ain't raised, No, you ain't raised no Bamer period.
Speaker 2: You know if he's laughing that that championship? Is he still giggling when Phoenix Suns.
Speaker 1: And ninety three put up the Western Conference banner because he was happy when that went up, exactly when the Ones in Philadelphia when they hung up his Western Conference band, well, Eastern Conference?
Speaker 2: Was he giggling? Is Stigling.
Speaker 1: No, no, so, because HER's the thing. What I've heard, Gil, is that it's gimmicky. Let me tell you something, and I'm old enough. I'm a little older you a Gil. I know something that they instituted in nineteen seventy nine. Chris Ford was the first one to make one, the three point shot. They say it's gimmicky. They need to do away with it.
Speaker 2: Now, if you can't shoot the three, you compare to play on the court in the NBA game. So how's that.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's facts, Like they don't pay attention to history, like there was no there was no shot blocking back when you know Wilton was doing it.
Speaker 2: So the fact that they're improving the game.
Speaker 1: Streeline got moved in, yes, two feet right, So this is the first.
Speaker 2: Year of it.
Speaker 1: Twenty years now you're gonna we're gonna be sitting here talking about, Oh he got twenty in season tournaments and five NBA just the first one.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: I had told I totally agree because I believe it's kind of like the play in tournament. They said the play in tournament was gimmick kick. Now look at it, yep, and that that counts as a playoff appearance for the test was even the playoffs, and the Lakers gotten the play in tournament and it went all the way to the Western Conference finals.
Speaker 2: So it is out try. I think he last.
Speaker 1: The problem that I got is that people pick and choose because I think the problem that they got that Lebron won because had Lebron had not won it, we wouldn't we wouldn't have any problems. Everybody would have been cool with it. Because now that he win, it don't mean anything. Had he not won, he can't even win an end season tournament.
Speaker 2: Now that's facts.
Speaker 1: If if Denver would have won, it just continues with their dominance from last year. If if Anyanni Pacers would have wanted it would have got some TNT games or ESPN extra games, moving moving further in the season.
Speaker 2: So it is that Lebron's wanted. But that's what's gonna make it sick. Right, But here's the let me ask you this. You played against Kobe.
Speaker 1: So in other words, in Jordan, and as competitive as they were, they tell the story that Jordan uh Roy Williams told the story that he beat Jordan and Pool and Jordan woul't play pool for two weeks and people have told the story of Jordan and he quit and he wouldn't do this, He wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: And we know how ultra competitive Kobe was.
Speaker 1: So if they'd had this thing, if David Sterny had instituted this, so Jordan going boycot Sai man, I ain't playing this gimmicky thing.
Speaker 2: What's Kobe gonna do? Said? Now, I ain't playing this gimmeck you thing? Or are they gonna try and win?
Speaker 1: That's a tough one. The reason because as long as it's there, they're gonna try to win it. Jordan's winning them bull those team is gonna win it if Kobe is in the position and when he's gonna win it. But Kobe was the same person who was arguing about the new ball that came in.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he said and he he said this, he said, if Jordan didn't play.
Speaker 1: With it, I don't want to play with it. Don't enhance, don't help me try to break records. Let me do it on my own.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If Jordan didn't have this this ball that helps them f in don't get that ship to me.
Speaker 2: And that's one of the reasons that the ball got boycotted.
Speaker 1: Because they're like those guys are like, nah, I don't want it if Jordan didn't have it, because the ball went from spauling it used to be spauling and NW it's Wilson, I'm correct. Yeah, but this was a spauting ball. It was that fusion ball. Yeah, it's kind of like that feebball.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Hey, I ain't gonna lie. Hey, you let it go with it.
Speaker 1: Gave them motherfucker sie sing that one fifty all I was doing working that ball. George Call. You know, I'm really sick of George Call. I've never met the man, but I'm already thick of him.
Speaker 2: He tweeted.
Speaker 1: The bubble banner in season banner stitch together would be like one whole banner.
Speaker 2: Boy, you didn't win anything, you know what. I just want.
Speaker 1: I just want some can somebody can. One former player tweet supportive of George Kall. Is there any of these players that like him to play for him? This is George, This is Matthew's right, This Matthews, Matthews, George George ca.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, when you don't like him, got to say his middle name, George, Matthew, Matthew. Yeah, Matthew call, yeah, the one, the one, the one who benched Kobe when he was eighteen that uh in that an All Star game and Kobe hated him since average thirty two points a game and seventeen matches in the playoffs. And and George call with them dynasty teams he was having.
Speaker 2: The man won five, He had five fifty plus seasons.
Speaker 1: Out of nine times to the playoffs, he was out the first round eight of them.
Speaker 2: That goes, yeah, he should go on here, shut up. And I think he was.
Speaker 1: I think he might have been the first, the first one seed to lose to an eight seed when the Nuggets beat the beat the SuperSonics. Sir, he's ninety four. He's an underachiever. Hey, we should actually we should thank him. We should thank him for ninety two. See, people don't know Matthew was coaching the Spain team in ninety two, right, that's where he won. He got a championship in ninety two over in Spain. Okay, t yeah, but he was coaching those players that MJ was running through. Oh yeah, you know when we beat them about forty one. Oh yeah, that was that was your team. Again, Gil, we know why the Bubble don't hold significance to a lot of people who won who won the championship in the bubble?
Speaker 2: Ron, had anybody else won?
Speaker 1: Because what I heard, what people have been trying to tell me for the longest, that Lebron James is the most mentally weak in the NBA player that they've ever seen. But he was the only guy and keep his team and himself in that confined in that confined space.
Speaker 2: For three plus months.
Speaker 1: So if you're so mentally weak where you can't go nowhere, you got cabin fever at the Ying Yang? How was he able to stay so mentally focused while all the mentally tough teams and players succumb to the pressure, Because mentally weak is something people just throw around because of tweets and stuff. Right, Nick week is is what the Clippers were, Right, Oh, I don't want to be here?
Speaker 2: Why should I go there? I'm scared for that's mentally weak.
Speaker 1: When when you're talking about being in a jungle fighting against players that are saying in I'm just here to win, right, Right, You've seen what Booker did in the bubble, right, they wouldn't aid to know mentally strong that the guys who went there just to go there. They were mentally strong right now. From there, it's about bast the week, the the mentally, we.
Speaker 2: Didn't focus on basketball. They complained about everything but the game itself, right right, And that's the problem. Like you're mad at the team who was more disciplined, that's all. Yeah, Clippers.
Speaker 1: You can be mad all your wont Clipper fans, you can be mad at your want, but your team is the one who's complaining about everything.
Speaker 2: We can't go to the strip club. We can't do that. We can't do that.
Speaker 1: That's been But if you notice they didn't want all of a sudden, you notice they didn't want to be there once they got kicked out and they was up three to one. Now when they was up to to one, they was up three to one. Well, all we want to be here. This ay, this is what it's about. We're playing the game we love, no distraction, you get chased down and all of a sudden, we ain't want to be here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We had checked out and we heard people say it wasn't gonna matter, so we checked out.
Speaker 2: I heard that. Now they listen, listen, listen. They checked out just like Doc Rivers checked out, right they checked it.
Speaker 1: They checked all their asses out of that hotel. So, in other words, they called Doc his job. Doc cast himself that job. He had three to one playing golf every day.
Speaker 2: But but Gil, the players just said that they want to be there. Hey, hey, this true story. Uh. Game seven, Game seven?
Speaker 1: Uh, they come in the locker room, everybody focused, not talking about his golf score that he did early today, not the game itself. So he was speaking on just his golfing and somebody mentioned to him, I hope you ready to coach today because if you lose, there's gonna be a problem. Because he was not focused on the game. Man, that was out of that Listen during the game. I heard during the game he doesn't he doesn't hit ellen Brand. Hey man, you got a job open for me?
Speaker 2: What what I'm throwing a little extra in halftime? Yeah later?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like the Drake kind of like the Draymond situation when he's in the parking lot and he called a katie after lebron chased him down three.
Speaker 2: What very simple situation. You know. I added a little yeas to the story. So the growth, but you'll get the idea of it. You got it.
Speaker 1: Clay Klay Thompson turned down a preseason contract this summer worth forty eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: How big of a mistake was that?
Speaker 1: At first on I was I was like, man, that was dumb, right, I thought it was. But when you're making forty three and you jumped down to twenty four being Klay Thompson, right, I'd rather take my chances in free agency, right. I think financially it's a better move because no matter what he averaged this year fifteen and above, he can get two years forty eight, right, he.
Speaker 2: Can get that.
Speaker 1: So if I know, no matter what I do this year, my name Lay Thompson, I'm averaging anything from fifteen to twenty, the least I can get is two years forty eight.
Speaker 2: So I'm not gonna sign this.
Speaker 1: Deal, okay, because I think what's happening is that they see all the money. See what the worst thing you can do is measure your words by somebody else's contract. And what they're seeing is that these guys are getting money, and I'm better than him.
Speaker 2: I'm better than him.
Speaker 1: And he got five years one eighty five, he got six years and this and that or five three years or whatever, and now all of a sudden, you're like, well, I'm better than him, and y'all only offered me this because everybody wants a max contract at thirty four, thirty five, thirty six, and you and our both No, Gill, that's not happening.
Speaker 2: Unless you are the elite or the elite of the elite.
Speaker 1: Now, Lebron, guess what they'll probably get Lebron two more years, one hundred and twenty five meegues facts, but he's still playing at that level.
Speaker 2: Clay can't look at.
Speaker 1: It and says, well, I want four championships in six years.
Speaker 2: Well, we already gave you a max contract for that.
Speaker 1: We got to pay you now based on what we believe you would do in twenty four, twenty five, twenty five, twenty six.
Speaker 2: I can't pay you based on what you've done.
Speaker 1: I gotta play pay you based on what I believe you can do now. Actually, correction, they are gonna they paid him.
Speaker 2: Off what he did in the last four years. Right twist.
Speaker 1: Nineteen twenty zero, he ain't play no games. He ain't play no games. Twenty twenty one he played thirty two games. Twenty one twenty two where they won a championship, He played sixty nine games last year and he's playing twenty two. So basically in those four years, he played one hundred and one games. Right, you worked forty eight million for two years. You know what I think?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: You know what I think screwed him up? You know, I think screwed him up. This contract right.
Speaker 2: Here, three year ninety three million out of Middleton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the money.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be mad paying Clay three year ninety three.
Speaker 1: I think if they would have offered him three year ninety three the same as Middleton, I think he.
Speaker 2: Would have He would have took that. Now I can't but but here's the thing. Is he worth that? Now?
Speaker 1: I can't hate it. It was Middleton worth it well the same amount.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't expect Middleton to have those knee issues because Middleture, remember Middleton and that that championship Midleicum geting people to gave that work business.
Speaker 2: He gave that work and then.
Speaker 1: He had that And the worst thing that really can happen is that you have an injury that you have to get opened up and your in your mid thirties. Yeah, now, Jil, that's a problem. Now you you don't have the youth and recoverability on your side because once you because you already got up and down a lot, you got a lot of knowledge on those on those on that leg, on those legs, and now you have to go get me the scope or you get a maniscus or whatever the surgery is.
Speaker 2: It's kind of hard to overcome that. I mean, at thirty three men, you know, trying to He's out a four year deal to put it to thirty seven. I know that's the ideal, but it's one of.
Speaker 1: Those things where the bottom line is two year forty eight, and I know he's not starting off the season.
Speaker 2: The where he would have hoped. Right I'm pretty sure he wished you.
Speaker 1: Would be averaged about twenty five right now, where he can they can get this deal done right now so he can get some stress off. But the fact that he's playing horrible is forty eight is a two year forty eight even on the table now. No, No, if i'm them, if i'm them to be honest, I'm gonna just wait till he goes. If he keeps the same fifteen and nineteen, I'm gonna left.
Speaker 2: I'm an left free agency dictate.
Speaker 1: What he's gonna get, and then I'll just match it, right, Okay, Right, I mean I might lose them. I might lose them, but I'm gonna be banking on this.
Speaker 2: Is where he lives.
Speaker 1: The only team I can really lose Clay to, it's probably a Los Angeles Lakers, probably I can. That's who I'll be worried about. But then I'll probably throw in some extra lean on that he's been here four years.
Speaker 2: This is where he's been because because.
Speaker 1: Considered the Laker will probably be only maybe they'll go. Maybe they'll go that extra year and maybe not twenty four. Maybe that extra year they'll partially guarantee it. So instead of the full the full twenty four, maybe we guarantee sixteen of it. Hey, they got the money to do whatever they want to do. Yeah, well both of shit, both got money. But I'm just leaning on. I'm leaning on just hey, what's gonna happen? Though they could they could, they could mess up. Let's say, with Draymond's already gone. If if Steph missed some times and Clay get in about averaging about twenty eight to twenty nine a game for about fifteen to twenty games span whoa.
Speaker 2: Is he still that guy? Ogill?
Speaker 1: Is he still capable of doing that? Because you got that that acl and that Achilles. It robbed it. He robbed him of some of what Clay was an outstanding two way player. And granted, as as any player, as they start to age, they can't sit in the chair like they once could for an extended period of time. And you said something very interested. It made me think, is that you said Clay never improved his game from being a catch and shoot. You know, got spot up god hey, and he's great at it. But my retort to you, how difficult is it to get a guy to do something different when he's had such success doing it that way? Why would I improve? Why would I Why would I take it with something? Why would I improve? I mean, and I know you see Steph. Steph added the layup package. Because Steph used to be an outside that got outside the paint got Now Steph added a layup package. He's even more damn you hug up on him, Steph and go by. You got great handles and can finished with either hand on either side of the rim.
Speaker 2: Clay hasn't didn't take his game to that level. It's it's a personal thing.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you working out to improve or you working out to get stats and get achievements? Right, Like, I don't want someone who works hard, right, I want a worker that means their their self improvement is what they build their their foundation on. Oh you number one right now, right right, gonna stop you from working every hell now, I'm trying to maintain that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying the same thing.
Speaker 1: Like when if I see a flaw in my game, when I go into the summer and I look at Synergy, right, Oh, you know I'm going right, I'm bad at the left, I'm bad at this corner the first three the first two months of the summer. Right, That's what I'm attacking. I'm attacking those weaknesses, right. I hide behind championships MVPs.
Speaker 2: Because the greats didn't.
Speaker 1: The greats improved every year after every year. Today couldn't prove anymore. And that's where I don't see Clay. I don't see Clay improving. Yeah, you got four rings, Cool, you have a scoring title.
Speaker 2: That's what you do.
Speaker 1: You should be trying to get scoring titles. You should be trying to be the main on a team. That's how you should be going into the summer working averaging seventeen to twenty one your whole career. That's cool, right, But what about like, okay, as I start to get older, let me add something to it. Maybe not let me maybe now, let me put the ball on the floor and take it instead, you know, And I understand the three point is more valuable than the two. But let me put the ball on the floor and maybe I can get to the rim because people are going to look to chase me off the three instead instead of side stepping to clear space. Maybe I put the ball, take two three dribbles and maybe you know, kids it off the glass from twelve there. What's so funny is I remember when I had I value Clay more valuable than.
Speaker 2: Steph at the beginning of that dynasty, I.
Speaker 1: Said, well, one A six, seven, as long if he can learn how to dribble the ball, I can put him at the point and then get a bigger shooting guard. I've been saying the same thing, learn how to dribble, Like, what do you do right here?
Speaker 2: You you've learned that since she was little. That doesn't go nowhere.
Speaker 1: If Steph Curry took the summer off of shooting and worked on ball handling and stuff.
Speaker 2: He's still gonna be Steph Curry, Right, you don't lose that.
Speaker 1: I can go to yard right now and make seventy five out of one hundred, and I ain't shot in months.
Speaker 2: I'm lying. I'm lying, y'all. Yeah, I shot this morning.
Speaker 1: That lie exactly because you look at the cansel boy, you look at the cancel about, you look at the cancelerbody on the hustle.
Speaker 2: You're looking for the couple up. You're gonna come back. Shot man.
Speaker 1: I ain't shot, man, I ain't shot like three four months.
Speaker 2: I tried to get him up.
Speaker 1: I know you if somebody would go fall for that, KEO check this out. Katie has some very interesting things to say by Draded pros game presser. He said that was insane to see. Never seen that in an NBA game. He hasn't been that way when I was around or coming into the league.
Speaker 2: So I hope he gets the help that he needs. Bro.
Speaker 1: That's two people say Dre needs some help. Two people on the same team believe they said it. No that we've seen him do the antics. I think you know players like them, man, when when the.
Speaker 2: Team ain't good. The frustrations higher. Yes, I think his job as as the as the heart beat.
Speaker 1: I think it beats hard, harder, faster when you're losing, like he don't have no time to relax.
Speaker 2: Like he's trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: How to will this team the wins. When you win in every game, the antics don't come out. The antis is starting to come out when you when you're now, when you're losing and you know your backups against the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Gil, you know how this thing worked.
Speaker 1: You remember when you was going sixty seventy fifteen, when you was going seventy three or ninety, you beat the hell out of everybody. So guess what time, Well, guess what happened when it's time to get my lip click back. I tried to tear your ass up to and I'm trying all of you. Remember Gil in the third, the start of the point quarter, Hey, go to State Warriors, Stall playing Draymond Day on the sideline. They'll build up a thirty point lead. Our team's trying to build up those thirty point leads on bass. Yeah, and and he ain't going on without a fight, obviously, I said, man, yeah, it's it's Uh, it's it's a very unfortunate situation. But my thing is the Warriors. The only problem I got with this girl. Yeah, Draymond was wrong, but the Warriors. Draymond has been this exact way. Now, all of a sudden, you want to intervene. Now that you want to have an intervention, it's like, okay, drey mind, we're gonna put an armored throw.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Should have stopped this, y'all. Y'all let the man clip Jordan Pool. No matter what Jordan Poole said. He didn't deserve what Draymond did. But I fought Jordan Poole because you know, when you argue with a man, as long as you on one side, then we argue it. We fine, but I'm not gonna let you close the distance.
Speaker 2: Gill. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm getting that first one off and I'm not gonna let you walk up on me and then you shut Now, ain't gonna shove because the moment you see it at your peripheral and you could tell the different tone. I don't I don't know out of this, but you could tell the tone when somebody like Okay, dude, dude, might want to do so Okay, So now I got to go to a different place mentally, because all of a sudden that on fun level, hed, you ain't gonna do thathing, You ain't gonna do thathing you do it on that talking Now, all of a sudden, I gotta let Okay, you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: What you're looking for. Yeah, we ain't. We ain't like that. Uh ain't that. We ain't. We ain't like that.
Speaker 1: And you right, you know what? Gain I keep you know what? And I've heard I've heard NBA players say that, But being in the NFL locker room, it's a different level of testosterone than machiesemo because even if a guy has to take an ass cutting, he's not gonna let you punk you. He's not gonna let you walk up on it because he first of all, he can't.
Speaker 2: He can't. You can't, you can't. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's a d lineman and the wide receiver. I don't care if it's a running back of the linebacker.
Speaker 2: Respect is everything.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, see, when you only got fifteen players and really you count.
Speaker 2: On eight, right, for the most part, most.
Speaker 1: Of the stuff is not personal right right. You know, it's rare where I hate you on the court and off right, Like like me and Karan on the court, we bumped right off the court. Boom, we go right right off the court. Me and Antoine never hung out on the court. That's my goal to guy, you know what I mean. So you know it's rare that you don't like each other off and off that and when that happens, you need to get traded.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. Well, first of all, you punched me.
Speaker 1: Somebody got to go either I'm going to a different team or I'm going to jail, because we got to fight every day till.
Speaker 2: I'm win in. Hey, how do we like you? Huck bro Gil You not finna?
Speaker 1: Let no man, just punch you in your face and y'all go back and like, Okay, we're gonna play eighty two games together.
Speaker 2: That's why I had that thing in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Okay, they told you, Hey, listen, that was That wasn't the first time I remember Karen wanted to have a meeting with me.
Speaker 2: I had to thank on me in the locker room, just in case, just in case of Bob the case back up, back up.
Speaker 1: But I mean but kil I mean you had to feel. I mean, bro, you brought a desert egle. I have a desert ego, and I don't know what You gotta got the forty four mag while you got the fifty cown bro man, I think you pulled that bag. I liked the joke in the first Batman he called that they kept coming. Is that a shotgun with a pistol grip? I went that a head gun. Hey lady, I couldn't shoot him. I didn't shoot him. I just had him. You just tried to care. You just tried to scare him off.
Speaker 2: On scare. We ain't trying to fight out. We ain't gotta listen.
Speaker 1: We ain't got muscles like that to be trying to fight nobody. So he Hey, I just got the muscle to scare him off. I ain't really trying. I got old now. I have got too old a tumble girl. I ain't gonna lit to you. I got too old the tuncle. I woulda get my car drive away. This might help clear up the ball situation. Rick Carlile said in his postgame interview. He said there was a misunderstanding about the game ball. It was Oscar she be she Bei's Tahibi, right. I think It'shibi, the guy from Kentucky. First official NBA points and we are always get the game ball, so we're not thinking about Yanni's franchise record. Unfortunately in that situation, So the guy that scored sixty four points, he gonna lose the ball to.
Speaker 2: A guy that scored two. Oh, so they gave it to their own.
Speaker 1: Y'all is gonna hey, hold on, hold on, check this out, Gil. The game was in Milwaukee. How the hell do you think Indiana you get to keep the ball?
Speaker 2: I just thought about that. How the hell did they get to keep you gonna get to keep them? Rick? You you bull? That's what he rick. That's some bull jobs. But hey, hey that.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, I can tell you this right now, that bus ain't leaving. I'm not leaving. They probably ain't listen. They probably donna switch that ball anyway. So the one Yanni's got eighty, the real one if he didn't get a man, Yann is dirty like that.
Speaker 2: Listen, because it's the same thing. My first my first.
Speaker 1: Two points, especially that tradition, my birth points. I said, because you can't take that back. That's my career But to be honest, I never heard no shit like that before. I never heard nobody. Hey, hold on, you know that. First of all, I've been in a lot of games, and I know when running backs had great one hundred and fifty two one of your games. I know when receivers had two under your games. I know when quarterbacks threw for three. I understood. And now, obviously the balls are different because every team got their ball. It's not like basketball, when everybody you know, the basketball is the basketball.
Speaker 2: You shoot with that ball. We shoot with that ball. But in football, the Broncos got their ball, the Raiders got their ball.
Speaker 1: But you mean to tell me that you you didn't know Joannis had sixty four points. The man dropped twenty six on you in the fourth alone.
Speaker 2: Come on, Rick, they didn't care.
Speaker 1: He they want him and he they want him to pay footback.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, they wanted to pay food back. That's all that is. Hey, well, hold on up. The NBA is gonna get that ball. What the hell they getting the.
Speaker 2: Poor do they get the ball or the shoot? They get one of them. The NBA gets one of them for the okay for springfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get they get one of them they gonna get something like, I'm trying to figure out it was my jersey they got on my I should have been at that game. I should have been at Milwaukeer. I said, you know, can I have your jersey? Him not realizing.
Speaker 2: One of them the NBA gets one of those.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, do you believe Zion has been overly criticized? No, because if if, if we do not criticize him, that means we.
Speaker 2: Accept what he's gonna be. If he keeps up the same, if he keeps gaining weight.
Speaker 1: Right, if he keeps gaining weight, then we we we've accepted it. So we're like, all right, we're fine, We're gonna call you a bus and just move on to the next start. So the fact that we're still talking about me, we still see the potential of what he can be. Right, I agree, But I think I think the problem is more people care than he does, because at the end of it, at the end of the day, gil is a personal choice. I can't and I just want used to tell my kids all the time, I can't want something more for you than you want it for yourself. And right now there are people that want Zion to and get his training, and it's eating under control more so than the Zion wants to get it under control, because that's.
Speaker 2: What it is.
Speaker 1: And if even let's just say, if even if he has an eating problem, no matter what your demons are, we create those demons, we must chase them away. So and the thing with Zion I understand. But again, Gil, when you look at him and he's doing what he's doing. He's given you thirty and twelve and he's two three hundred pounds. What incentive does he have now if he was giving you six and at six and eight Now he's like, man, I need to lose weight. But because he's having these outbursts, but he should have said, you know what, look how many games i've done missed. That's a direct reflection of my conditioning. And I'm too heavy. Let me do so about it. You know what the problem is. Have you noticed he's heavier now than he was in training camp? See he's heavier now. Yeah, then he wiched out. They're not because of training camp. You're doing a lot more running as opposed to now because all you get the game and then shoot around.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing really going on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And see, and that's the problem is it's he's trying to be normal in this ain't football where you're coming to practice.
Speaker 2: At six am and you leaving, you know, six pm.
Speaker 1: He probably, to be honest, he probably not even burning a thou not even five hundred calories working out every day. So that means he consciously, at twenty three years old old, have to sit at go home and.
Speaker 2: Do two hours of cardio.
Speaker 1: So he has to really just I'm gonna diet, I'm gonna work out, and that's that's not what he was built on.
Speaker 2: He wasn't built on that type of discipline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna take that's gonna take like real self check, like as soon as the summer hit and he has to lock in and say, all right, I'm gonna go into the summer and I'm gonna lose sixty pounds. He can't do that in the no way in the season. No, no, no, no, no, it's done right now. What's going on is done. The season is over. You can't expect him to lose thirty pounds right now. No flying, partying, eating, traveling, sitting. No, he ain't losing no weight right now.
Speaker 2: That is right. Stamn near impossible. He better get on some AfterAll, he better is if they check off, they better check off that drug. Tessey. Hey, if.
Speaker 1: I think the thing gil is is what I tell what and people as well, Shannon's disciplined. To you, it would wires you to do your best when no one else is watching. You see the problem. I bet you when Zion when giant, when people are around Zion eating chicken breasts, eating little posta, you know he eating you know he eating fruit. But then we listen, Bro, you can't fool people like but Shanna elephant eat all he eat is grass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he eat five hundred pounds of grass, so yeah, you can. You can overeat even if you eat nutritious, which he's not.
Speaker 1: And big, I've never seen someone be big yung a big a big big. Young people normally grow to be big old people, and big old people don't live long. Now, listen, everyone killed me when I called it out, and luckily me and him are still.
Speaker 2: Cool because I called it out. I called it out when he was in college. I said, eighteen years old, nineteen years old.
Speaker 1: At two eighty five, that's not good. So what you thinking if he's two eighty five? At eighteen and you know, eighteen, man, I can eat anything I want to. Yeah, it kept. I kept a twelve and I ain't talking about in the frieze. Hey, I mean I couldn't even really walk around into something.
Speaker 2: I would lock up. I had so many muffs.
Speaker 1: But as I started the age, you have to work because as you start to get older, Gill, you either have to work out harder or eat cleaner. And sometimes you got to do both ye or both b O A L both both both. But but the thing is, people say, well, Zion need a personal a personal chef, Zion need personal accountability. You don't They acting like he don't have a show. He got a chef he got. You can't. But you can't be cooking at you faith. You can't be cooking jump alive. You can't be cooking gumboat. You can't be be cooking that he got. Hey when a chef league he got uber.
Speaker 2: Eats, Yeah, that's what you can't. You can't be heat a dove. And Ben yates that it's just.
Speaker 1: He might eat when he's sad, he might eat when he's happy, like you know what I mean, It's just it might be his sting like you know, it might just be his singing. He's just gonna have to lock in one day. And yes, listen, I don't want this no more. I don't want this from my life because to get something you've never had, you got to.
Speaker 2: Do something you've never done before. Always, you know, to be an NBA champion, I want to be that next level. I got to get rid of this.
Speaker 1: Food happened, yes, and it's not really it's not taking away. The food is taken away at certain times of the day, right or the portions.
Speaker 2: Portions, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And so I just wish, I just wish I could sit down and talk to us, say, Zion, people are like this because they care. Because they didn't care, they would let you do what you would continue to do that you're gonna do what you want to do. But don't think people are taking shots at you, because if they thought you were bummed, they wouldn't care. In fact, they wouldn't. And but people love you and they see what you can be. Sometimes people can see things in us we can't see in ourselves. And I think this is a this is a prime example. Uh, he thinks everybody is coming down. Well, if it's coming if it's coming from a good place, where's would it come from?
Speaker 2: Zoons laughter.
Speaker 1: Jokes, Like we've been laughing at it for a while, Like it started in Summer League when he was sitting on the bench after his first game, had that belly. He just he just he's just packing a lot of weight. And I think they have to make it at twenty three. They have to make losing weight fun. They gotta treat him like a little kid. Right, Hey, come on, baby, good job, you lost two pounds. Keep going well, like it's one of those you're gonna have the baby until it becomes a routine form where he's happy doing it. Yeah, I believe the first person giving his body type, the first person he should have contact.
Speaker 2: Once he decided he was going pro.
Speaker 1: With Charles Barkley because Charles Barkley had a very similar situation and Charles, he said, Charles said, Moses Malone to him, say you fat. Yep, it's simple as that, you fat fat, Hold up, no, no, no, no, you fat fat, and you lazy. So sometimes it takes blunt, harsh criticism for it to resonate and stop, because maybe that's the problem. Everybody's like, come on, you know, drop a couple of no, tell him the hard truth and hopefully it resonates. But I want the guy to get it because we've never seen somebody that size that explosive. He has a Ferrari engine and a Matt truck body. Yes, and he's and he's moving it. The fact that the fact that we are laughing and talking about it, and he's averaging twenty three six and five. And the thing is the guy can win mel But you know, but here's the thing. When you that size and you that explosive and you jump up and down in an NBA game over the course of a season, the body wasn't made A body that size wasn't made to do that. Gil nobody would made to do that six six times six times a weight coming down every POUNDY gains, that's six times yea.
Speaker 2: He needs to be.
Speaker 1: Realistically, if he can get back to he's only twenty three, so if he can get back to.
Speaker 2: To fifty two sixty.
Speaker 1: To fifty two sixty, because he'd be that'd be that'll be him, like right before he went to a duke. Yeah, like if if, if, if I'm him, I'm gonna I'm gonna tell Lebron James. Hey, hey, I'm sorry, but I'm spending the whole summer with you. Yeah, for sure, And I'm gonna know what you normally pay your chef. Don't pay up, because I'm gonna pay up. He's gonna cook. I'm gonna live. I'm gonna live in the guest house. Yep, I'm gonna live in the guess house. And I want to see that man. Got twenty one years and he going strong, and it looked like he's gonna be going for twenty two to twenty three. Knock on wood, nothing unforeseen happen because he's gonna get the call. He's gonna call his shot. He's gonna walk away when he wants to. Yep, I'm bringing the luggage.
Speaker 2: Ain't no, ain't no a. Lebron ain't gonna be able to tell me. No. Hey, hey, I woulda do. I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do Lebron like Kobe did Jordan. I'm gonna nag this. I'm gonna nag the s h t out of them, and you go, hey, come on boy, come on son, and I want to take a liking to it.
Speaker 2: Check this out, life and love Gil.
Speaker 1: What's the simplest thing someone can buy for you that would make you happy, the simplest thing.
Speaker 2: That they can buy for me.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, un at this age, man, I don't want nothing that that costs right.
Speaker 2: The things that I won't don't cost nothing. Right.
Speaker 1: That's peace, loyalty, honesty, love, right like I hope I thought you set up for some potato chill man like respect.
Speaker 2: Like the things we're looking for out of out of just a partner themselves and people that's around their trust, dignity, loyalty.
Speaker 1: That's what I want because you can't buy that. No gilt, you can't buy That's why.
Speaker 2: What about a shirt? Can we get you a shirt? Can we get you can? Can we get your pair of teeth?
Speaker 1: Can we get your pair of advantage of agent zeros?
Speaker 2: You can buy me some sand dudes? Hey and be a cheet right there? No thank you, I won't. I won't. What's freighted? I won't what was free?
Speaker 1: A I done got the sweaters and all that stuff. And then find out the kid. You already already know what the kid you know? And look, give me a car, my kid, don't buy me anything, just give me a car, because they already told me, daddy, what can we buy you that you don't already have?
Speaker 2: And you can't get yourself get your daddy a car if we could.
Speaker 1: They gonna stick some movie tickets, but they don't do the movie tickets anymore because I don't go to the movies like that.
Speaker 2: But just give me a card. But you know what I have.
Speaker 1: I was, I was dating this young lady and I didn't I didn't tell her anything. But she was just very observant. And when I came home. I came home one Friday, because what I do. I go to practice and then I would, you know, go get my hair cut and then I come come home.
Speaker 2: So I didn't. I wouldn't get home until about probably about four o'clock, five o'clock.
Speaker 1: And she had watched me over the course of life, and I've never said anything. And she had three zero bars candy bar zeros.
Speaker 2: You like the zeros bad she had.
Speaker 1: She had three zeros. I've always drank ginger real and she had the honey barbecue corn chips and so and she had she had to you know, obviously ginger was in the refrigerator. But the zeros and the and the Honey barbecue corn chips were sitting there and when I walked in, because she had never fought me this before, but she just saw I would and I just walked there and walked there and I just gave her her I said, thank.
Speaker 2: You, because I like, I like, I like observe it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was having was having a conversation, me and some of my teammates and they were talking about you know, their wife and all this, and talking about sharp you ain't even married. I said, I tell you what. I bet you. I bet you, and I bet you. I bet each of you a hundred thousand. I said, I want you all to do. This is what I want you to do. Pick any fast food restaurants, Burger King, McDonald's, there's a restaurant called Black Eyed Pea, or some borrow with a piece of place.
Speaker 2: I said, tell you what, call your wife.
Speaker 1: Tell her to gold there, go to one of these places and don't tell her what to get you and you tell me what she gonna get. Now, I'm wonna call my girlfriend and I'm won't tell her to go to one of those places. And I'm gonna bet you, you and you a one hundred thousand apiece. I bet you she'll come back with whatever I told you.
Speaker 2: She gonna get.
Speaker 1: No man, y'all talking about y'all marriage and your wife know you so well. I want to take my girlfriend of two years, and I bet three of you are one hundred thousand a piece.
Speaker 2: Guess what, gil Ain't nobody want to take the bell naw?
Speaker 1: But I say, I tell you what I'm gonna do to show you how you you're lost your day of money. I've called him, go to black eyed p and I hung the phone up, I said, I hung the phone up. Now, I said that she gonna come. She gonna bring me corn. She's gonna bring me a chicken breast, clean rice, corn, green beans and two rolls.
Speaker 2: And that's what that's what you're broung. I know she did absolutely.
Speaker 1: This is this this when when women asked me, and I told women stop asking this god damn question to men, stop.
Speaker 2: Asking what do you see me? What are you looking for? Don't you We don't know until you give it to it.
Speaker 1: Like we have a vision, but you need to bring something that I saw something.
Speaker 2: I'm here on her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I like, bring me Like men never been loved. We don't know how to receive love. Yeah, right, that's that's one thing we we're not taught how to receive it. So when someone like I don't know what I'm looking for, but when I see it, god damn it, I know that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And that's what it is.
Speaker 1: You you doing the things that you you're looking at my life and you're beating me to it. You know, Hey, you know I put my clothes in the hamber boom it's clean the next day, like, oh, my sandals boom is clean. The water's running at five thirty am, because that's when I wake up. You woke up, turned it on because you know I'm gonna be getting up in thirty more minutes, like you're doing the things before, and I don't have that ask I fask Lord. Yeah, but my thing was gil. I've I've had a couple that knew me, knew me better than I knew myself. And because I ruined it because I was afraid, I'm like, how did she know me?
Speaker 2: But she just watched.
Speaker 1: Everything that I did, everything that I said. Shannon, is this one's birthday? Shannon, is your mom's birthday, Shannon is Livy's birthday? Shannon, you need to do this well such and such. It was just like clockwork. And it scared me so because I had never had anybody that took the time to get to know me like this and to know what I liked, what I didn't like, and to you want me to pick this up.
Speaker 2: I'm going to such and such a what do you need do your mom? And it? I aft it up because I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know because growing up, that's not that's not how look like. My grandmother never said she loved me. My grandfather never told me that they loved me. Love where you got a roof over your head, you got food in your stomach, and you got clothes on your back. That was love to me. And they didn't tell me. But I knew it that I could feel it. But as I got older, that's like I didn't know my my my gifts is my love. That's that's That's the way I show you that I love you. I'm trying to get you things that everybody can't have, and and and my therapist says, Shannon, the problem that you have is that you and your partner speaks two different languages. You speak Mandarin, she speaks Spanish. Now one of you guys need to learn the other words language or it's not gonna work. And that's that's my problem. And plus, the thing is, it was easy to say, you know what during my career, gial, it was easy to say, ef, it.
Speaker 2: Ain't working on nothing. The only thing I'm working on my game. You ain't a part of the game. Are you go buy?
Speaker 1: It's easier, it's easier to give up when when you when it's foreign to you, yes, if if if you loving me, this is foreign yes, never received it before. And that's that's one thing in that capacity, yep. And that's one thing that men we have to do a better self Like ask your father and he be like.
Speaker 2: Hey, like how were you loved? Right?
Speaker 1: So I know what it looks like, like was it rubbing your feet saying this? And because we don't know, we we think when we're young, breaking.
Speaker 2: My window, killing my cars? Love? Oh yeah, yeah, hell now she loved me.
Speaker 1: I got served, Listen, I got served on basketball court and like why you have four kids with her?
Speaker 2: Should I thought it was love?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was love, not just motherfucker's just crazy. Yeah, I mean that, I mean, I mean it is a little love. You ain't got no you ain't got no bleach on your clothing. You ain't got no bleach on your pothing love. You gotta do it and leave one time.
Speaker 2: You gotta. You gotta bleach about stuff up one time. But that's what we think it's loved when today right, we got to learn.
Speaker 1: We got to learn as men how to be loved. We know how to a woman, we know how to be loved from a woman. So we're getting it. And we see a rough patch we taken off.
Speaker 2: Gone. Yeah, oh it's easy. I can get that.
Speaker 1: I can get six mold just to do this thing. I don't need this love shit. I can just do this part. Hey, how you doing? Get you that's easier for us. Yeah, sitting there and just taking the responsibility sometimes Yeah, yeah, I mean, I think the thing is, I wish I'd have had the mindset, the mentality that I have now in my fifties. I wish I'd have had that in my in my twitters gial, because I'd have saved a lot of money and a lot of heartbreak from myself and some women. Because I know, not only have I been heartbroken and disappointed, I'm sure I've done the same. And I've let some good women go in my life. I know two for one thousand percent certain, one thousand percent, one thousand and if I had it to do over again, things will be a lot different in my life. But hindsight is a magnificent science because I have the luxury of knowing.
Speaker 2: Today, Hey, ain't too, ain't too. But I didn't know yes what I didn't know yesterday? Ain't two got away? Two more coming? That's all you gotta look at too more coming. They're coming down fideline. But you only need one of them. But but but here's the thing. But how much time do I have? The vet? But the thing kill gil.
Speaker 1: I look at my life in summers, bro I got hopefully, if I'm lucky, I got twenty five. I got twenty five good summers to go. How about I mean you got to spend at least five of them beating somebody. You Obviously, whatever vet and routine you got didn't work.
Speaker 2: God damn it. Did you know it wasn't no vet processing back then? Oh you look good.
Speaker 1: You you stacked up like laundry in the dorm room.
Speaker 2: Come on, you'll work. You know. Back then everything everything was based on aesthetics. Huh, you look good curving.
Speaker 1: That works, but then all of a sudden wants the allure of the curves and that face. Now, what what am I stuck with you?
Speaker 2: Hell? All you do is are you? Is? It's never good enough?
Speaker 1: I hate the one thing that I hate worse than a woman is ungratefulness, because I've had women. No matter what I did is it wasn't good enough. And that irks me because I'm i'm, I'm, I'm I'm I'm giving you all. I'm giving you all, and maybe that's my maybe that was my problem give is that what I was giving they didn't want or I didn't know what they wanted, or I couldn't give them what they needed. But I gave them what I thought because that's all I can do. I mean, I can't do. I can only I can only be or give you what I think you want. And you told me at the time that's what you wanted, what you want it so and that's why, like for me, I hate buying gifts for my for my significant other, because I really want you to have exactly what you want. I would just rather go write you a check or give you cash and let you go get it, because what I hate gift is that I get something like ooh, and you could tell what they don't really want it or they don't really like it.
Speaker 2: I'm crush. You know. We all have the same problem. We all have the same problem.
Speaker 1: Like if I go out and buy something I thought, especially with the time we have, yeah, man, thought to go get you something, and I come back and give it to you, and it's like, oh, okay, this was up.
Speaker 2: No damn, will I know you you came by what I just bought you? First of all, you you can't give me what I just got.
Speaker 1: You think whatever gift you gave me is gonna be good. I have to say yo, because we don't get gifts. So whatever gift you give me, I'm going to love and appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, I mean I'm expecting the same thing. So when when you don't like this gift.
Speaker 1: Or I give you this gift and you eat it and all that, all you break my heart. All you doing is breaking my heart a little by little breaks my heart because man, gil I bought I bought this young lady a cardiac. Great, because here's the fact, this was like Durdan like pandemic time maybe short a little bit after and and it was hard that the Cardier store you just got, you know, back in the day, you just roll up on the Cardier store. But I had to make a reservation. Okay, I made a reservation and I'm standing outside. Yeah me, I'm standing outside waiting to get in the Cardiac store. So I bought it this. I was like, oh man, this would be nice. I mean, you know, hey, gona be, I've seen it. I saw it on him one time. Hey man. And then women think we like see that's what said. Women think like we play us And I realize our actions now are because of something that happens. Like same thing I bought, you know, the Burking bags, right, yeah, and I had one custom. It took one year to make it custom, her favorite.
Speaker 2: Color, custom, just for her. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I seen it on eBay like four months later. Because they need to rent money.
Speaker 2: Never get.
Speaker 1: Not that I ain't getting you a gift card. You can't even get a Starbucks twenty or no more from me. It happened to me because I got, you know, because I buy I used to.
Speaker 2: I used to.
Speaker 1: I still buy some stuff occasionally from LOUI everyton so the guy would call when they get exclusive stuff in, They're like, mister Sharp, you know we got this in you would you like to take a look at it? So you know, I run down there and take a look at it, Like, yeah, I like to get it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I probably bought probably had twenty five of those bags between Gucci and Lewis, and probably the cheapest bag twenty five hundred most expensive out of ten bads.
Speaker 2: We broke up. She pawned them all by last one of them. See uh.
Speaker 1: So I was like, we it wasn't instead of that, Instead of that, Gil, I would have rather her say, you know what I really need the money? Times have gotten tough. These bags that you out of bought them back from exactly, Oh my god, yes, out of brought them back from him. Uh my daughters, I got a daughter I got, I got two daughters, and I got a sister.
Speaker 2: Could have gave bag. I got a hold.
Speaker 1: I got a Hallway homeboy I got, I got two homeboys that got wives. Hey, pick one for your wife. I could have bought him back. That's out of bought them back, I wouldn't hold. I would have already spent them. And that's the funny part. We already spent the money. We would spend more money just to get back what we It's what all flooded sweat was into it because I would I would rather my daughters, my sister, my mom would have got a bag. My mom probably my mom doesn't really want no bag like that, my homeboy wife. They because at the end of the day, at the end of the day, forget the end, in the middle of the day, in the morning. All I want you to do is appreciate what I've given you, because.
Speaker 2: I bust my ass to get you that. And that's I think.
Speaker 1: I think when it comes to how we obtain our money, it's easier when you don't make it to spend it for us.
Speaker 2: So when we come out and we buy you stuff and we we we.
Speaker 1: Are willing to open up the pocket, but you have to really understand we're open up years of our work ethic for you. This is years of our worker These are lines drills I'm giving you, right, I'm willing to give you these lines drills and for you.
Speaker 2: To just be like, it's cool, thank you, appreciate it, throw it in the closet. It hurts, That's what hurt. Us, Yeah, for sure. Let me.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. Here's another question. Bial would you take before?
Speaker 2: Not now?
Speaker 1: Because I already know the answer. Now, would you take one hundred thousand dollars why to you right now? Or a coin flip for ten million? So so before before before? So you're from Cali, right, yeah, So let's just say twenty years twenty years ago, twenty five, twenty years ago. Okay, somebody says, okay, I'm gonna wire you one hundred thousand or a coin flip for ten million.
Speaker 2: I got a flip.
Speaker 1: Only the only reason is it's fifty fi. I got a fifty fifty chance to win ten million, because you got a fifty fifty chance to go home with your hands in your pocket, just like you can't with nothing.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, since twenty years ago, I'm a high school kids. Shit, my dad gonna take that money anyway.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying. I said right now, I'm talking about right now. Oh it's a no brainer for me. But you talk about me in high school or college, damn that coin. As a matter of fact, I would put the coin in my pocket and say give me that.
Speaker 2: That makes you get that a hundred thousand. I don't know. It's two ends. It's an oh in, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Uh no, no, no, no, no, no no, I could oh, Gill, Gill, you have to understand. I didn't have indoor plumbing. I didn't have running water. Do you know what a hundred thousand dollar would have did for me in the eighties?
Speaker 2: I know, but that athlete, the athlete gonna kick in. Yeah, it's gonna kick in ten million, just to flip. I got heads.
Speaker 1: I could have had somebody got some indoor plumbing in my grand house. I could have got some padeling. I could have fixed that roof. Oh no, oh no, I was sorry. I was middle class.
Speaker 2: I didn't have to worry about no hell, I'm not middle Yeah, I was middle class. On hell. I almost didn't make it in middle school. Oh my middle class? Yeah guy? How no? Oh no, gil, Hey, I went to school with Tim Tamira. Yeah, Brandy, Oh yeah, yeah, you showed up middle plans? Damn kill? Is it okay? Hold to just say a gil? All right? What's up? Shot?
Speaker 1: How y'all doing out there? Everybody good? A Sunnyside? Yeah, I've never been on Crenshaw. You right, Hey, gil, Uh, someone just donated five bucks and they said, would you guys level of fame and money, how do you know if someone is genuine or just wants you for your money? Oh? Man, I mean that's gonna always be our achilles hell because it is there's no real engagement of uh finding out if somebody wants us for us, right, you know that's not I think turmoil determines that throughout the relationship. Yeah, we can determine that during or at the beginning, there's nothing that person has to be conflict. Yeah, it has to be conflict to see what happens. You know, even though we don't want the conflict. It has to be to see if that person's gonna dip on us or cheat on us or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has to be.
Speaker 1: We have to go through something as a couple because I know when it's smooth sailor it's kind of like in the Bible when the Devil's told God today, the only reason Jove serve you is that you give him everything. He said, if you remove this head, he will curse his berry baker. And he said, look, you could take everything, but it's like so if everything is always good, I mean if you in the Roles or you in the bill Ley. You got the BMW and we got the six eight ten million dollar home. We get to fly private three or four times a year. We get the bill of that's fifteen thousand of the night for a week. What's the complain about. I need to see some choppy waters. I need to see some bumps in the road. I need to see some turbulence and to see if you're gonna walk, if you're gonna walk with me, because now if I only see one set of footprints, ye, when it gets rough, that's gonna be a problem because I know you left me alone, and you left me to do this by myself.
Speaker 2: And a lot of NBA players, a lot of athletes themselves are finding that out when they're done playing, when they're done playing, because that's when the road gets choppy, because that's when.
Speaker 1: The player himself is trying to find out who he is. Yeah, you're not the NBA or the football player no more. You are yes, a husband and a father, and we're trying to figure.
Speaker 2: Out who we are.
Speaker 1: And those women leave without that because at the end of the day, deal, you're absolutely right, because at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Who are we No, you're not an NBA player. You're not an NFL player. That's what you did. Who are you well?
Speaker 1: No, No, Glennville, george is where you're from. Who are you well? For the longest time, I was from Glennville, Georgia. I was an NFL player. That was my identity. So at this present time, I don't know who I am. I need time to find out who I am. Are you gonna stay with me while I go on this I go on this trick and so it's tough, and I'm not gonna tell anybody that's not But the thing is with me again for me is that I've been very, very fortunate. Is that if I got it, you know, if it's with a reason, I'll help. I'll help the person that I'm with because I've always believed that I'm gonna get it back. But I'm gonna get it back threefold. I'm gonna get it back tenfold. So whatever I gave you fifteen hundred thousand, I'm gonna get it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If then what I'm I'm I'm I'm all.
Speaker 1: I'm always gonna win because I'm always moving in a place with a good heart.
Speaker 2: No ill intent. Yep, that's just that's just the way I am.
Speaker 1: And if I can help somebody, I've been very fortunate that God has blessed me, giving me the ability, uh not only play the game that I love, of football, but to transition into my second career. The same thing with you, Gil, God gave you the ability to play at least a decade in the NBA, transition to your second career, and pretty soon people are gonna forget that you were an NBA player, and then all of a sudden, you're just gonna be your celebrity old I was. I was, I was a pretty good you know, people forgot that, you know, he I did play in the NFL, and.
Speaker 2: I was okay, I did okay. But and so but for me, it's it's it's hard. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't really know if what the answer is without turbulus, without conflict, I don't know if we can never find that diamond, because that's what makes diamond.
Speaker 2: The pressure. You're right, and he said it, yes, sir. So if.
Speaker 1: Someone donated ten bucks, I think JJ the King Shannon does does does Shannon?
Speaker 2: And Gill?
Speaker 1: Does money make you happy with yourself? The tangible product itself doesn't do anything for me. I love money for what it allows me to do. I can do things for my family. I can only have dreamed of my kids, my mom, my sister, my brother, my homeboy, that they need something I can help.
Speaker 2: I honestly, I buy very very little. My agent last year, yeah, there.
Speaker 1: Was this car because I hadn't bought anything for myself for a very very long time, and this was gonna be the last year they were gonna make the Challenger in a gas model. They're going to the EV model And I was short it to my agent and he's like, get it. I was like, Nah, I think I'm okay. He said, Noah, get it. He said, you haven't gotten anything. He says, every time I turn around, you're doing stuff for your kids, doings for your mom, doing stuff for your sister. At what point in time are you gonna do something for yourself? Shannon, I was like, but it's like no, he says, And you can only save so much and not be happy because all you doing is saving. He says, what you think is gonna happen. We got your trust in it, We got your trust in your state squared away. You think they're gonna save this money, or they're gonna enjoy it. Were you making it, you probably should enjoy some of it yourself while you're here.
Speaker 2: So in't got it?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it? Like like when people say money don't make you happy, Hey, this shit don't make me sad. I can tell you that, Gil. You know what I say, Gil, It ain't no crying on the yacht Yachi.
Speaker 1: He where you're fart and when you're set, when you're thirty five thousand feet up in there, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: You reach the comfortable cruising altitude of thirty five thousand feet, sit back, relax and enjoy your flight.
Speaker 2: We got a travel time of four hours and thirty minutes. Oh I'm pretty good. I hate cried.
Speaker 1: But for me, it's it's what it's what money allows me to do. That it puts my mind, It puts my family mind at ease. That health care and things of that nature, Gil, things that I worried about as a child, things that my family worried about as when I was a child, or having to make ends meet, or we gotta you know, we can't pay the phone bill, but we got to play the light bill. We can't pay the light bill. We got to pay the gas bill. There ain't no more worries. And I tell you, I say, y'all, and even do. I tell my kids, I'm I'm I'm last option, not first choice. I said, well, you guys should not have anything to worry about. Do what you're supposed to do, and everythings gonna take care of itself. My mom, I said, Mom, why you worry, I mean worried about. What all you gotta do is spill up the phone and call my sister. I've given her the greenlight. Whatever you need, it's done. It's taking care of my sister. Hey, I've given her the green light, whatever you need, take care of it. Everything is taking care of my brother the same thing.
Speaker 2: He gonna call it.
Speaker 1: Hey, bro, just wait, bro, you good. So that's what the money does for me. I mean, have it like to know I got it, But no, it's what it allows me to do. It's the peace of mind that it gives me. Gill because like I said, I ain't really spending no money on me. I'm spending money like my family. I want to see them happy because my purpose, I found out. My purpose is to work is to see people. To see it is to see my family and the people that I care about happy.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's I think. I think the real, the real, the real thing behind. Does money make you happy? Are you? Are you making the money doing what your gifted at ryes when I'm if I'm doing, Like when I when I retired and I got all the money in the world, I was not happy because I didn't I didn't do what was I'm doing. I don't know who I am. I'm not playing.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing what I know since twenty eighteen when I got into podcast.
Speaker 2: And this is what makes me happy. And if I switch to my the best of.
Speaker 1: My ability, the money's coming. But I'm not doing it for the money, right, you can get ten shows. I can be in here a second. I'm happy. Yes, I'm on Sunday. I can't wait the Monday come. Yes, but damn when Monday ain't around here, come on Monday.
Speaker 2: I'm switching.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to sleep early so I gona wake up on Monday to dude, to do what I'm doing. These are the fastest years out of I played basketball. Yeah, Yeah, that's that's your your purpose of my person's saying is work. That's our calling. That's where we get that's where we're most at peace, that's where we're most And I element is to do this is to talk about, like you said, to do what you love and to get paid.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about it.
Speaker 1: Most people don't get an opportunity to do it they love. They're working a job that they don't love. Man, Man, I can't wait, Man, I can't I can't wait till the weekend.
Speaker 2: Bro, it's Monday. You just came off the weekend. You just came off the weekend.
Speaker 1: What the hell you gotta do this, baketball You got another six hours and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and you talk about.
Speaker 2: You can't wait till the weekend.
Speaker 1: But to get up and to do something that you love and to do it for the people that you love and the appreciation that my fans and my subscribers and my listeners, that's what That's what makes it worthwhile.
Speaker 2: That's that's really what makes it worthwhile. Man. You can see it. I'm not even gonna lie.
Speaker 1: You know behind the scenes when we talk and I was like, man, listen, all I pay attention to is the greats.
Speaker 2: Why they're great at what they do?
Speaker 1: You know, the jobs, everyone's getting, the momentum everyone.
Speaker 2: It's not on accident, right, you know you love this. I can see it. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's and that's when when you're when you're doing it at that purpose, you can own you can only be great at it. I think the thing is the biggest thing for me. Also, gilt is that I saw during the pandemic. Hell, I saw in print money.
Speaker 2: So why is it?
Speaker 1: Why do I need to be jealous of somebody else because they got a bigger platform. Let me work hard to see if I can grow my platform. Hell they print money, yep. And because you get some of it, don't mean it takes from me. We've got to get out of thinking that if somebody gets something, it's coming from me. Acts No, this is just my opportunity. And people like, you know, people don't. I don't think people see the work that goes into something like what we do. People just thinking that we click the button and we just start talking. But there's a lot of work to come up with a format, to come up with a rundown, to come up the obviously, but when we talk about sports and uh, and I think it's the same for yours. People might come for the sports, but they stay for the stories, Yes, sir, because of the relatability. Because you're talking about two guys and you're talking about myself and your you and oho.
Speaker 2: Is that Let's see how similar some of the things that they've gone through is what I went through.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes people think because you got money, it solves all your problems. No, it might give you an opportunity.
Speaker 2: You better better.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're better equipped to to get out of situation. It helps you solve them, but it does not absorb you of them. And so for me to do this and the opportunities that I've been afforded to have people to help me get to this point.
Speaker 2: And to push me and to be genuinely happy.
Speaker 1: Man, that's what it's about, Gil, That's what it's about, really though, Bro, It really is, like I just I love.
Speaker 2: Doing the research part of it. I just you know, just the media.
Speaker 1: Itself, right, you know when people talk about TNT, ESPN, like people don't realize when when I go on those jobs, I'll call it director and say what is what can I say?
Speaker 2: Which words is banned, which words is the least I want to know? It?
Speaker 1: All? Like I treated like basketball when Dwayne Wade told me to say, hey, listen, when you go into your second job, this is what you are good at. Don't go in there as Gilbertereni is three time Allso are three all NBA?
Speaker 2: You going there as a beginner? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, what the green snow? Pay attention to the grace. They're there for a reason. Yes, you don't know what you don't know. And that's the mistake that a lot of people make, is because just because you're good at something doesn't mean that you'll be good at something else.
Speaker 2: And are you willing to put the time? Are you willing to put the energy in it?
Speaker 1: Because for me, I worked just as hard at this job as I did football, even though I was better at football, because yeah, God gave me ability.
Speaker 2: To be able to talk.
Speaker 1: But there's a difference between just talking when you're in the barbershop and talking with your homeboys.
Speaker 2: They talking with a mic at a camera in your face. It's something entirely different.
Speaker 1: So, Gil, you got a question, They said, hold on, let me get this gil Tim Grover talks about how hard how you was one of the hardest workers.
Speaker 2: Such as training, how was it, how was it regularly they of training with him? It all, it all depends. So like when I was with Tim Grover in the summer, I'll get up about five thirty, so five thirty, take my shower, even there's still still regimend today.
Speaker 1: Get up five thirty, shower and then get there. So I'm gonna get there about probably about what seven fifteen, seven thirty. So I'm on the court about eight o'clock, eight to ten, eight to eleven, my first workout, take about an hour two our rest, and I'm back.
Speaker 2: In the gym round two to to five. Then I'm gonna go eat dinner maybe depending on if I'm gonna go back in probably about six to ten and then have that final it. So I was working. I was trying to do. I was trying to really put in an eight hour shift.
Speaker 1: Wow, because that's what that's what Kobe was doing. That's what Michael Jordan, That's what I heard, you know what I mean. So I'm tru when I heard Kobe went to a special ops guy when I missed those two free thows against them, Ron, where's toobs? Guys just go here, I come right, like, I'm the elite, is the et leitet for a reason, right? And if you only seeing what you're seeing around, you can only be this right, you know, like they're all stars in here, you know. But he's a superstar, right, So I want to do what the superstars do. I went to Grover because Kobe went to Grover. Jordan went to Grover.
Speaker 2: Joe give me. I'm gonna give you myself. I'm gonna give you my regimen. Is it good enough? Right? Right? You judge me? Is it good enough? So he can say, well, man, Jordan was doing a little bit more. What else was he doing? Right? I went there to show him my work that they so he can critique it. Wow. There, And this is what I tell guys all the time.
Speaker 1: There's a price for greatness, and if you're not willing to pay that price, you don't deserve to be great. That facts, there's a there, there is a price. There's a selfishness that you must have. There is not one great player that's unselfish. You have to be unrelenting, you have to be demanding of your time and give less than a damn about somebody else's I gotta.
Speaker 2: Be look at the greats. Look at the greats.
Speaker 1: When you mentioned Kobe and you look at you, look Mike, and you look at Tiger Woods, the greats of the greats. There's a selfishness that is demanded. It's mandatory. And people like, oh, no, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: And what's the first thing they say with a player that's good, Oh you're too selfish.
Speaker 1: Because I'm trying to be great. Yes, yes, it's mandatory. It's mandatory, like that you that that you don't I can't be willing nearly with my time. That my time is the most important. Time is the number one is the number one currency. Don't let anybody tell you different, because it's the one thing that you cannot recapture. If I lose a million dollars, I can go make two millions and make it up. But the one thing I can never get back, it's the number one currency. And then people like me and my chat were good, but you know, like outside the mother chat, they'd be like, man, you arrogant.
Speaker 2: I work my ass off to be what I work eight hours and nine hours in you I'm yes, right, I'm number seven. There's six people in front of me. I'm gonna watch it. I want to be number five of them next year. The people behind me, fuck them, right, that's not my problem. I'll kick it up. Yes, I want my ass off to be here. I'm gonna yes, yes, because I know that.
Speaker 1: Hey, just like if I score sixty on somebody, I know they come in, right, I know they come in when they come up, and be prepared like I was an athlete. I was an athlete, Like, I'm gonna wear it on my shoulder because I know if I don't, somebody gonna wear me on theirs. Yep, you're absolutely right. Humble, No, I worked too hard. I worked too hard to be humbling. Well, the thing is now, Gil, is that we're in a different arena of something that we got a late start. See a lot of people that that that's in this space, they've been doing a lot longer than you and I have. And so in football, you know, hey, and it's the one thing that I could do, Hey, I could determine how successful it's gonna be. They they throw me the ball, I catch it, I take off. I'm asking someone else to critique me. Let that sink in now. So I got no saying I didn't vote myself number one. Nobody else on the list voted me number one. There was a panel that says, you know what, we think this guy, based on what he's done, should be the number one on the list. And that's boy, that's that's that's that's right. I mean, like I said, and the guys that that's on that list that I have so much risk. Like I congratulate all twenty five people, but there's something special when you have a relationship where you know the guys that's on the list. So being around stephen A for the last four and a half months, to be around Pat McAfee, like I said, I would bump into Ryan Clark, so I kind of knew who he was. But we've gotten a little closer and to see you and having a conversation that you and I've been talking behind the scenes, trying to push come up with something together, and it's like, man, man, look at us, man, look at us. Yeah, yeah, that's this isn't our first choice. This is as in I chose a profession. Let that see it in you ain't going to school for this, No, we're gonna school for this to be to be an athlete and to just and to change over. You See, I had a professor. A professor once told me, he said, son, those that can do those that can't teach or talk about it. He says, you able to do now I can no longer do I have to talk about it and to be able to talk about it. And because I put so much time, I put so much energy into being great at this like I was football.
Speaker 2: It's it's everything. It's everything, transferring the transferring.
Speaker 1: Your work at it over, transfer the energy to something else. And that's why I think the athletes are moving faster because we have we have the foundation of a work ethic right, and all we do is just have to take it, take the work ethic part, even though we don't know what we're doing, and just put the work ethic and learning the information understanding like why this person is good? Like I watched Yes, I got a TV here here here, here, one right here back then I got a jumbos trying up there that got four TVs. I have everything going moving at one time, right, I'm just exorbing information styles like there's no when you when you're when you're launched the nightcap, there's a there's no there's no surprise, it's successful this show.
Speaker 2: You put the time into doing it. People.
Speaker 1: People successful people are successful for a reason all the time, right, because when when they're doing it, they put their.
Speaker 2: Passion and the love into it. Yes, that's what you have to do. And when you love something, you work for it, you work at it. Gil, Someone asked like, what were some of your favorite memories from the All Star Game?
Speaker 1: They asked me, what was some of my favorite memory from the Pro Bowl? Well, the Pro Bowl is different than the All Star Game. There's see, when I went to the Pro Bowl, Gil, they actually tackled it was it wasn't this two hand touch stuff that they did away with it. It got so bad that, like you know, like tackle football is like tackle football, you really not need to put somebody on the ground. And so, but it was just the fact of going over there, seeing a lot of the people that I had when I was in high school watching seeing the j Rice Is being over there and rested, so Reggie White and a lot of the guys, and and and meeting of Dion Sanders and some of the all time great players for the very first time. But to go to the to make the Pro Bowl. Me and my brother we made it. We went ninety two. In ninety three, we were both starters in ninety three and uh and that was probably that was probably my fondest making it for the very first time in ninety two, but to go in ninety three and he and I were both starters, that's that's that's my crowd that's my crowding achievement for the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean when you're when you're selected one of the twenty four twelve in the East, right, you'll recognize for your your your talent. I mean I was, I was excited, you know, I'm I'm I know there's a video out there, like yo, we get to keep the rope, like you know, it's like you're getting to see all the stars, all the elite in the same building at one time. Right, you got the Shaquille, the Iris, and the Kobe's the the YAO means Leab Dwayne. You know, I made my first All Star with Dwayne, Wade, Lebron and Bosh right, and I have a big old painting on it and I have everybody's signature on it. Because I never knew if I was gonna make it back again, but this was gonna be a memory that you couldn't take from me, like.
Speaker 2: Like a little kid. I didn't even have to play in the game.
Speaker 1: Just my name being called as an All Star was everything because I remember Magic Johnson when you know he got diagnosed and that that All Star Game two Orlando that was and Orlando was my favorite tea. That was That was That was my my my biggest memories for All Stars, just the whole atmosphere. So being selected to it, it just put me part of that crew.
Speaker 2: Wow, Brandon, can you do it? In faber?
Speaker 1: Can you stop spamming cash app stop begging people for money because ain't nobody giving your damn broke ass no money, Brandon? Because every time I ask put you in time out, you pop up in another Brandon. So you ain't getting no money. Nobody giving your broke ass any money. So get out of here. Okay, Hey, is that from your chat of mind? I think it's mine. It's from our chat, right, Yeah, it's from my chat, Gil, Brandon, Get your broke cass out of here, go get a job.
Speaker 2: Damn Brandon.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta change your name to be Wood. You should That might be my ex sitting there begging. No, I don't think it's one of your exes. Get I don't think. I don't think she's shooting that bad right now, you don't know my exes, then.
Speaker 2: Make sure you hit that like button.
Speaker 1: Make sure you hit that subscribe button for a nightcap. This is a very special basketball edition with Gilbert Arenas. Gil you can tell them to click yours, hit your like button, hit your subscribe button. It's Gil Arenas Arenas right, yeah, yeah, Gil's arena.
Speaker 2: If my chat, my check can see me on this side, was having in chat. Thank y'all for showing up. I appreciate it. You know, hit the light the subscribe.
Speaker 1: You know, when we get the four hundred and thirty thousand, I'm giving off five thousand tomorrow. So hopefully y'all we don't get this so I can say, my goddamn money. But if y'all get me there, goddamn it, get.
Speaker 2: It there by let's be cheap. Hey, I love throwing the money. I'm not getting it. Give me the more thirty and then they don't get me there. Cool, I can put it back in my pocket.
Speaker 1: Now. They they gonna get you there, They gonna get you there. Thank you for tuning the night ladies, and gentlemen for a very special edition of Nightcap. We did a great collab myself and give it a renas. Oh Joe, I'll see you tomorrow. Thank you for joining us. I'm your favorite sports of Shannon Shark. He's your favorite number zero Agent zero. Give with the renas, good night, everybody, goodnight.