Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And you know a lot of people go to like the Pollen Count and things to see how bad allergies are. Yeah, we just turned to Ashton over there to see if he's sneezing. Yeah, regularly sensitive redheads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, I feel like you sneeze your around, but it gets a little worse at.
Speaker 3: If his eyes are puffy.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly seven and eight am on the Dot.
Speaker 1: It's the Ashton Count, And if you suffer from allergies, we're really sorry. But yeah, either way, Jeff's got a great song for you. I don't know if you realize we do parody songs. Jeff writes them every week and you can see them live, not live live to tape. I guess you could say when the filmed. But you can see him on our YouTube, which we love it. When you check that out. It's at Brook and Jeffrey and we are working on getting some more video for second dates. It's a process.
Speaker 3: Soudio stick with.
Speaker 1: I saw that one, but right now we're going to do some back to back classic Yeah.
Speaker 3: Have fun when you're on a really good first date and the chemistry's on you're feeling the butterflies, but you look across the table and notice there's something on your date's face that shouldn't be there. H Do you a silently lick your finger and rub it off yourself? Oh, oh, no, birthmark or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a risk. That's a risk.
Speaker 3: Do you be pull the fire alarm and hope the water from the sprinkler washes it away.
Speaker 1: That's a good solution, jeff or so option CE.
Speaker 3: Do what our listener did when he found himself in that situation. Oh no, we're gonna find out if Option C contributed to him not getting a call back. You'll find out what happened in your second date update next.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Brooke, did you know the first time that you met your husband, Michael, that's something was special? Not saying that you knew like you were going to get married in the first fifteen seconds of talking to him, But was there anything that happened with you instantly that lets you know, WHOA, there's something real, like something actually special going on.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I just felt so good around him, and I was so excited about him.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're drunk, so that's probably.
Speaker 1: I mean, I did have like five glasses of wine to make an off color Uti joke in.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, yeah, Uti jokes, and he still liked me. Okay, Pet explains it. I mean, I remember the first time that I met Jose and I noticed his fly was down and I thought, ooh special.
Speaker 1: Yeah you didn't tell me x y z though.
Speaker 3: No, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: He asked you to put it down further.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, we don't talk about this all the time, about that first ten to fifteen seconds when you meet your date and something happens inside you know, that's real. Apparently that happened to one of our listeners gram recently, at least that's what his email said, and we should learn a little bit more about it. Graham, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear about this chance meeting. Maybe it wasn't chance meeting. Whatever the meeting was, it sounds great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, without getting overly descriptive, how did your body let you know that this was special?
Speaker 5: Well, she didn't ever fly open. I can tell you that, Oh dang it.
Speaker 3: So what's her name, by the way, and how did you meet her. Her name is Aura, Aura, How did you meet her?
Speaker 5: We met on one of those dating apps and we decided to meet at a wine bar.
Speaker 1: All right, So going into meeting her at the wine bar, were you expecting something special?
Speaker 5: Well, you know how you always have your hopes up. But I knew when I walked in that I was going to be in so much trouble. Why she immediately recognized me and started from a crawl the room, waving both of her hands over her head like a total door.
Speaker 3: Just one of those people like me. She's got no shame.
Speaker 1: I love and you loved that right.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. She was just so like effort, was cute, well free spirit over there.
Speaker 1: Well, her name's Aura, it comes that's adorable. Yeah, And it sounds like she was excited to see you.
Speaker 5: It was one of those like initial meetings where in the first five seconds I was like, oh my god, this is just like a dream. It was fast.
Speaker 3: That must be a lot to process, right when you're first getting to know somebody. So did the feeling where often just getting to like a normal date after that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I wouldn't say it wore off or it was normal. It was just I mean there was a jazz trio playing fun and we were both into jazz music, and she was like, oh, let's make up names for the guys, and so yeah, Handy Fly guitar playing and Dennis the drummer, Yeah, funny, all that kind of stuff. We were just cracking each other up the whole time.
Speaker 3: You guys were in your own world right.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and they're already making almost inside jokes with each other, you know, like just a fun, fun thing.
Speaker 3: Now, anytime any song goes on the radio, you can be like, oh, yeah, this is my favorite drummer, Yeah, lington drummers, you know whatever. Well, clearly the vibes are there, so keep taking us through how the rest of the date goes.
Speaker 5: It just kept getting better. I mean, our sense of like humor was just so like simpatico, I guess to use that word. Like at one point, she had like some lipstick on her front teeth. Huh, So I started like signaling and rubbing on my own front teeth.
Speaker 1: Good, I'm glad you told.
Speaker 5: Her, yeah, And she just looks at me, she goes, what do you having a stroke.
Speaker 3: Just rubbing your tongue on your teeth?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 5: I was just laughing so much, and then it was fun.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It went so well, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: This sounds like it.
Speaker 1: Why are you calling us for help? Then? Like, I don't get it. How could this have ended poorly?
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing, it didn't really end poorly. When we said goodbye, she just came up to me and gave me like a really long, tight hug.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: Some of those are.
Speaker 5: Nice exactly, And she says, we have to definitely do this again.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: That seems so sincere.
Speaker 5: I texted her twice, one time to see if she wanted to go out for coffee, the second time to see if she wanted to go to a trivia night, because I think she'd be great at that. Wait, how long.
Speaker 3: Did you wait before you texted her? Was this like thirty minutes after the date or was this a couple of days?
Speaker 5: I waited two days.
Speaker 1: I think that's good. I'm too long too. I think when you have a connection like that with someone that you just go with it, You just follow. You got to play the game of wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that blew that it took too long?
Speaker 1: Have you read that?
Speaker 3: Boy? You just got to grab your luggage and move in with sounds like so connected.
Speaker 1: Have you not heard from her at all?
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing, is like, when I was texting her, she did reply, but both times she said that she was busy, and the worst part was like she didn't offer an alternative time or date or anything like that. It was like, no, I'm busy, I can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, sometimes these free spirits they really suck at text out.
Speaker 3: I mean, Alexis, if you wanted to see a guy, would you tell him like, I'm just busy, or would you offer up a little bit more?
Speaker 7: I would offer something else. I'd probably over offer, Honestly, I'd probably mention all the times I'm free.
Speaker 1: Times to apologize for being busy a lot in all caps.
Speaker 3: It is odd that she leaves it at just I'm busy and no explanation and no other follow up to it exactly. That could feel like that she's trying to brush you off. I understand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's had such a thing happening. It's just hard to imagine she wasn't right there with you feeling the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe it was the fact that you made her pay for the dinner that night. You made her pay. I'm just assuming.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I am a popper, gentleman. I pay for everything. Okay, I just need I need you guys to find out for me. How the hell did I blow this?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna find for you. How do keep it going? Because I've got faith in this one.
Speaker 3: Because we don't even know that you blew it. It could be something totally unrelated.
Speaker 1: I am so excited to get her on the phone.
Speaker 3: Let's find out. We're gonna come back call Aura and try and get you your second date update coming up right after this. Okay, thank you, all right, man, hold on.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 3: Whenever. I'm stuck on hold with customer service for four straight hours, and the automated message keeps replaying over and over saying we're busy right now, but don't go anywhere. Your call is very important to us. We're just busy. Yeah, I believe them, they really really care. Yeah, we're not understaffed.
Speaker 1: Not a break somewhere.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, if you're on the other end of a potential relationship with somebody you really like and you get too sorry, I'm just busy right now, in a rowse. It's hard not to be a little bit skeptical and feel like you're being blown off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially when they don't say, hey, press number nine for a different day to date meet exactly.
Speaker 3: And that's where our listener, Graham is. After a really good date at a jazz bar with a girl named Aura. He has turned to us because those two busies just aren't equaling a second meetup, and.
Speaker 1: They're not equaling the vibe that they had going when they were hanging out. It just sounds so I can't believe I haven't said it sooner, but negative our points.
Speaker 3: For her, Yeah, Graham, I mean, before we call her here, how you feeling I'm.
Speaker 5: Feeling a little nervous, to be honest, but how's your Aura?
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it, I'm feeling nervous for you. I mean you just sound so excited and I want this to happen for you. I think we all do.
Speaker 3: Everything sounded so good. I don't want to put this out there, but has to be shocking, like whatever the excuse is, you're not gonna see like, oh wow, I didn't think of that. There's nothing that has gone wrong. We can change that right now. Let let's see if something went wrong. I'm gonna dial her number right now. Hopefully she picks up the phone. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Aura?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: This okay, this is a we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning the Show. Thanks for being on with us.
Speaker 7: Uh Okay, Hi, I didn't I don't think I signed up for anything. I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't know.
Speaker 3: You didn't, but one of our listeners kind of signed you up for something called a second Date update. Okay, So if you're not familiar with that, it's a segment that we do on our show where we try to help people who've gone out with somebody one time but they're not getting that second meetup and they're not sure why. We can call and try to figure out if there's a reason for it. Yeah, does that make sense?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I guess.
Speaker 1: We know you're really busy, so we won't keep it.
Speaker 3: That's what we've heard. We're really good at these by the way, we'll be efficient. Okay, we'll get through this. Because we're calling about a guy that you went out with recently named Graham.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm like super confused.
Speaker 1: Like, what is this great? Question.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, no, It's the thing is, we spoke to Graham about your date, and we're just trying to figure out if there's a reason that the two of you haven't gone out again because you keep saying to him that you're busy.
Speaker 1: But not offering any solutions on wind to meet up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I like it. I already texted him, like I said, I was busy during the times he wanted to hang out.
Speaker 3: I think in his mind when you say I'm busy, that's just like it can be a word that people use to brush somebody off if you're not actually wanting to see them, but you don't want to come off as being rude.
Speaker 7: Like I meant what I said, I'm just really busy.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but there's no way. I mean, like, I'm sorry, we're all really busy, but like when you meet somebody that you feel like you have this crazy connection with, you'll make time for them.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: But I'm not like canceling my plans, Like.
Speaker 3: I know we're not we're not asking you to do that. But he just asked us to call because it was unclear to him if you actually wanted to meet up.
Speaker 7: But it's what's unclear, I'm saying, okay, but I am busy.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's uncle if you like. I'm honestly still unclear whether you actually like him or not.
Speaker 7: I like him, but like I don't understand why, like he needs a third party interjecting. That's I said that I'm free. I'm just busy during the times he mentioned.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, I hear you, and I don't want to be the third party interjecting whatsoever. In fact, it's just like weird. Well, no, listen, Graham is actually the one I want you to talk to. And it's perfect because he's right here on the other line listening, waiting to jump in, hey or what.
Speaker 7: I'm so confused, like what is happening?
Speaker 3: What's like?
Speaker 7: What's the deal with these like jobbers you hired to like grow me about us? Job said job jobbers. I called you jobbers. It was like, I don't know what you guys like we are?
Speaker 3: I okay, talk to her.
Speaker 5: Yeah I didn't. I didn't hire them. It's just a radio show and they, you know, help people get in touch if they're having trouble getting together.
Speaker 7: So yeah, but like I told you, I was busy. A couple of times, like, don't you think it's a little extreme to like go in a radio station and who honestly, whoever that guy was I've been talking to, like did not seem prepared at all.
Speaker 4: We don't know what I was talking about.
Speaker 7: And he like trying to nail down a gate for you about Jeff.
Speaker 1: That's fine sometimes people need to comment. Enemy gonna comelty.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm with her. I wasn't doing it. That was pretty crap. I give myself a D.
Speaker 1: Or can't you think of this as like a kind of a romantic gesture, like he really wants to see you and he went to all this effort.
Speaker 7: No, it's super weird.
Speaker 3: You said, you guys have so much chemistry. I feel like you're so angry.
Speaker 1: Does this feel like the same person you went out with Graham?
Speaker 5: Well maybe not a little bit. But you guys have been kind of grilling are pretty hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can take the fall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, that's okay. I mean your intentions are great, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: I did have some bad intentions when I dialed Onyond. I brought some negative energy into this, and that's what I felt negative. That's right.
Speaker 2: You're so guilty and you shouldn't be, Laura.
Speaker 1: Is there is there anything we can do to come back from putting you out or making you feel weird?
Speaker 8: Like you keep saying you can stop asking me questions and can just ask me out.
Speaker 7: How about that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: I think that's perfect, that's perfect. I'd love to hang out. And how about this weekend? Are you free? Like on Friday?
Speaker 7: I'm busy Friday?
Speaker 5: Okay, keep going, well, we'll have how about Saturday? Then?
Speaker 8: I've got something that day? But like you should, you probably need to notice. But I'm in like two other situationships.
Speaker 1: Oh that's.
Speaker 3: Okay, now you.
Speaker 5: Know why she's so busy.
Speaker 1: Oh Graham, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Is that okay with you?
Speaker 6: Graham?
Speaker 5: Or let me ask you? You said you're already in two situationships? So really, what does that mean?
Speaker 7: It means a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Up. Do you even have time for me then? Or what?
Speaker 7: I'm free Sunday afternoon? Like I can squeeze you in.
Speaker 5: I'm not really sure if I want to be squeezed in between two other dudes.
Speaker 7: And beggars, campy choosers here, like you're the one who plays the party. But it's still a party.
Speaker 3: She's clearly not rejecting you, but you're gonna.
Speaker 1: But she's offering you not much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm single, Like I don't have to like.
Speaker 6: Kind of you.
Speaker 1: You're kind of single.
Speaker 3: I think we're all jealous of you are. If anything, so, I.
Speaker 1: Think, Graham, I don't know, Graham, I feel like you deserve more than this.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know. Look, guys, I think I should just go with my gut and say, you only live once and let's do it.
Speaker 3: So you're over to a possible third situationship with Aura.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, if the third situationship goes so well, maybe they'll just turn into a single situationship.
Speaker 3: Okay, really optimistic.
Speaker 8: I mean that's the point of like dating, Like you're supposed to try new things and see what sticks.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well great, now we're running out of time here. So I'm just curious though, Aura, if he does go through with this, does that put him like in the third seat like the last place guy, or does he need to do a trial run And does he have to meet the other guys?
Speaker 5: Why would they.
Speaker 7: Meet the other I don't know how that's so weird?
Speaker 8: No, Okay, if it works out, it works out, and if it doesn't, we had fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, great. I just want to be clear that we're setting our guy up for success here. So we would like to offer to send you guys out on a date and we would pay for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I'm down, thank you.
Speaker 1: Not the romantic eddie I was looking, but more realistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, boking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Oh was that like the yes that we've ever gotten to a second date?
Speaker 6: Ever?
Speaker 3: Not where I.
Speaker 1: Wanted things to end, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But at least we got an answer to why she was busy.
Speaker 1: And I guess it's clear to Graham what he's walking into, right, Like, there's no mystery here anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it is really clear, because we never really asked whether the like situationships know about each other or how serious they really were with anything.
Speaker 1: She seems pretty blunt, jeff And she.
Speaker 3: Seems like she enjoys it for sure. Yeah, it's the one thing that made her smile during that entire call.
Speaker 1: And get like a weird sexy voice thing.
Speaker 3: How can you not when you're thinking about your harem of guys waiting for you? But I just have a feeling our boy Graham is going to be happy settling for Sunday afternoon hangouts.
Speaker 1: Well, he's Sunday boy.
Speaker 3: Now I might in a four way marriage if it goes well enough. So good for you, Graham. Keep us updated. But if you want hell up with your dating life, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: What's the perfect setting to have a romantic first kiss? Maybe during a candle at dinner, or on a moonlit walk down the beach, or under the flickering fluorescent light and Stall four of Saint John's truck stuff flickering set in the moon. I'm just saying everyone has a different idea of what that perfect moment looks like. But for one of our listeners, her first kiss happened out in broad daylight, probably with children watching, and even though they arranged a second meetup, that meetup never happened. It's like Stall number four all over again. So we're to do everything in our power to get to the bottom of it. In your second Date update right after.
Speaker 2: This, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second Date updates.
Speaker 3: We've all heard of dating ultimatums where they put it all on the line and say, either you put a ring on it or I'm gone. Okay, you have to pick. Is it me or your mom?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you can't have You're gonna get dumped every time on both of those occasions.
Speaker 3: I feel like, well, if they really love you, they choose you. But it is pretty rare to give yourself a dating ultimatum, like that's it. If I don't find somebody by August, I'm just marrying my weighted blanket and calling it a life.
Speaker 1: Well, there could be worse options that way to blanket.
Speaker 3: Really, it really like to hug you the right way. But I bring it up because one of our listeners says she's on the precipice of giving up on dating forever unless we can make this call work.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, that is so much on us. Why would you do that to us, Jackie?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's completely right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jaggie, don't come in all cheerful like you weren't just doomsday and that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this isn't I'm not cheerful. I'm just letting you know that if this doesn't work out, I'm done. I am done.
Speaker 1: Aren't very high?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm that desperate. I'm with you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're all starting off on the same page.
Speaker 3: So yeah, starting at rock bottom can only go up from here. Let's begin by learning the name of the guy that you met recently.
Speaker 4: The guy's name is Steve. We went on a date like last Thursday.
Speaker 1: Thursday, And is there something that stood out about Steve or was it just not horrible and that's why you're okay with it? Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much. So in the last couple of months, I've been trying to say yes to anyone that asked me out.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay, cast a wide net sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm putting myself out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, like everybody tells you.
Speaker 4: To, right, and most of them have been okay. With Steve. It was actually a really good date.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean I could even see the hope in your voice when you say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not super hopeful, just like not the worst thing ever. Where was that date?
Speaker 4: It was really fun. We went to a farmer's market and we were just walking around like sampling the foods and talking, laughing and having fun. For it was an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, this is good. It's a day date. Nobody's like drinking too much. I mean, did you meet there?
Speaker 4: Yes? We met at the farmer's market and then at the end he walked me back to my car. And you know, normally I don't kiss someone on the first date, especially a day date, but the connection was really strong.
Speaker 1: So kiss after a farmer's market date?
Speaker 4: Yes. And then he looked at me in the eyes and said, I had a really great time and I want to see you again soon.
Speaker 3: You don't, You don't want eye contact when that happens, what you want.
Speaker 1: To look away in shame, don't look at me. Yeah, that's you want eye contact. Eye contact is so intimate and nice.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You believed him, right, I did.
Speaker 4: And I told him that I had an amazing time and I would love to see him again.
Speaker 3: And there it is again. What it's too much?
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything, not too much, he said, I want to see you again. She said, I want to see you again. That's not too much.
Speaker 3: I can see how maybe you would think that prefer a guy saying I really like you. It's the most terrifying thing in the world. He said that to me, Yeah, but you're not supposed to say it back to him. Oh my god, Yes, Brook, I've done enough of these to know how to play the game, and being honest and open with how you really feel is the absolute worst thing you can see.
Speaker 4: I disagree that was not the problem, because that same day he texts me yep, and he said, Sunday, does that work? I'll pick you up for dinner and maybe he can grab a drink.
Speaker 3: App Okay, I stand corrected, possibly, thank you?
Speaker 1: So what happened Sunday?
Speaker 4: So so I texted back yes, one hundred percent, I'm in, and gave him a little high five emoji. And on Saturday he texts me and says, Hey, I'm gonna have to cancel on Sunday. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Did he try to reschedule?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't say anything else, doesn't explain nothing, And so I just texted back no problem. Let's figure out another time.
Speaker 3: Did he respond to your no no response?
Speaker 1: Steve, Come on, how many days has that been?
Speaker 4: It's been a week now, Okay. But here's the thing. So this is the only guy that I've connected with and now he's ghosting me. I mean, it's so unbelievably frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it sounds like you're doing this not just for Steve, but to make up for every other badding that has happened, Like you need this to.
Speaker 4: Go right, And I really just wanted to which I mean, like what happened right?
Speaker 3: Well, you said it's been a week. Maybe he's learned something about you in between that period of time, Like you don't have to answer this, but have you served time in prison.
Speaker 1: That could be hot though I.
Speaker 4: Have not.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there anything that's available online to the public that somebody could come across and might be like, oh god, this is a red flag.
Speaker 4: Seriously, there's nothing that I can think of.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, this is definitely a mystery.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just had a bad reaction to the Baba ganoosh you guys had the farmer's market wasn't able to recover.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was just a hummus stand last weekend.
Speaker 3: So hot, so let's come back. We're gonna definitely got kisses from her husband to We're gonna come back and call Steve for you here and hopefully get an explanation for why he isn't a aging a second date or let you give up on dating forever. That's what she wants, all right. I'm hopeful push you back from the cliff and when we get your second date update right after this, hold on.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates today.
Speaker 3: The entire future of a woman's dating life lies inside of our tender throats, because if we don't say the right thing and get Steve to agree to another date, Jackie has already said she is ready to give up on finding love forever.
Speaker 1: Definitely don't need to tell Steve this, but.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that won't happen anyway, because they went to a farmer's market hot, you know, walked around, had a great eye contact the whole time.
Speaker 1: Soups hot, hot and organic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they laughed, even planned out another date after telling each other they both wanted to see each other again.
Speaker 1: You forgot the great first kiss. That was such a big deal. That was like the moment, right.
Speaker 3: I thought when I said farmer's market kissing was implied because who doesn't. But yeah, it was all going according to plan. Until the day before their second date, when Steve texted canceling with no explanation and then went dark. So, Brook, your thoughts on the situation at hand?
Speaker 1: Good? I just feel like it's not going to be good if he's in a different relationship, like if.
Speaker 3: He's cheating or well, hold on, Brook, how can he cheat if they've only gone on one date?
Speaker 1: No, not cheating on her, cheating on whoever he's dating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're saying Jackie could be the other woman.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's just like a day date, Jackie.
Speaker 3: Are you cool with being the other woman? That we didn't say that? Okay?
Speaker 1: It is good to check. All right, Hopefully that's not what the situation is that I don't.
Speaker 7: I hope it's just busy at other farmers' markets scoping out the best spots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the best Ober jeans or whatever Brook likes. Yeah, does he work?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: We've ruled out a couple of possibilities. Let's just call him and see if he picks up. I'm dialing his number right now here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Steve?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ay man, good morning. You're you're on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh great, we're going to take that without any sarcasm attached to it.
Speaker 3: But I like your style already.
Speaker 6: You can tell what's going on.
Speaker 3: Well, what's going on is this is a segment that we do called a second date Update. I don't know if you've ever heard of that before. Nope, Okay, keep going. But it's actually kind of a fun thing that we do where we help out listeners who are confused after they're not getting a call back for a second date. We try and help them figure out the reason why. Okay, there's a woman that you went out with recently. Actually you planned a second date with her but canceled the last minute. Her name's Jackie.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: I don't really want to talk about this.
Speaker 3: Sensitive to you.
Speaker 6: I feel bad?
Speaker 1: Did I ask? Are you single?
Speaker 3: Brooks? It with so much hope?
Speaker 6: Here's the deal, here's the deal.
Speaker 3: What's the deal.
Speaker 6: I did have a strong connection with her, but if she knew what was going on, it would probably hurt her feeling.
Speaker 3: What's trying to protect someone's feelings hurt some more. I think they want to be.
Speaker 1: Direct, that's true. I think her feelings already hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she was really looking forward to that second hangout and when you canceled with no explanation. Now she's just kind of confused. She was excited, doesn't know where she stands. We're just trying to give her a little bit of information.
Speaker 6: It's just I had a stronger romantic connection with somebody else, and I didn't think it would be fair to her. Continue my jod.
Speaker 1: That's normal.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody, Okay, everybody's on the call right now. Let's try and be respectful and here, Steve out anymore.
Speaker 1: Jackie's on the phone.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you knows me.
Speaker 4: He knows it's me, and I know a cheater when I smell one, you smell him.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, wait, wait, wait, I think that's my fault, Jackie, hold on, what I feel like I put that idea in your head. He didn't say he cheated. He just said that he went out with someone else and had a stronger connection.
Speaker 4: He didn't Yeah, whatever, he was going to cheat on me eventually.
Speaker 3: You're making a lot of assumptions here, Jackie, and I know you're definitely hurt by what you heard, but let's give Steve a chance to explain himself.
Speaker 6: I spoke my piece. I don't have much else to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so you're just to say, oh good, oh god.
Speaker 4: So when we were walking around the farmer's market and I didn't want to drink some water fountain because it's like public in guoth, he never offered to buy me a drink. What about that? Here's that come from fish? He's selfish and he'd probably be selfish in bed.
Speaker 1: Whoa jackie? You are all over the place right now. I understand your feelings are hurt because this didn't turn out how you wanted it to. But this is not the reaction that you are gonna want to have.
Speaker 3: And honestly, I've never made that correlation before. Guys not being good in bed, that don't buy water for women.
Speaker 4: Well, you know you're also a guy.
Speaker 3: Oh well that's fair, and I am, oh yeah, you're going to keep it all to myself, Jeremy. Can you confirm that you're a selfish guy? I'm sorry, Steve, can you confirm that you're a selfish guy?
Speaker 6: I don't know what's happened.
Speaker 3: I just I just want to know what's your take on this whole situation.
Speaker 6: But on a good day, I just had a stronger connection with someone else.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, you're running.
Speaker 4: In my face, in your face, you know what he is? He's running in my face over me?
Speaker 3: Oh went with You don't know?
Speaker 1: She was probably a lovely person.
Speaker 4: You guys, what are you doing? You're like spinning this to make him the victims.
Speaker 3: Vicim of circumstances.
Speaker 1: It's just how dating works, yea. Sometimes you meet somebody you liked more.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's in a like a committed relationship with this other person. It sounds like just a casual date, right, Steve.
Speaker 6: I really don't think I should say anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what, really sad? I really wanted to see your basement. I never got to see your basement.
Speaker 1: Basement? Actually I would offer a tour in the basement.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't say yes? I was kind of thinking the same thing. I wonder what's in his basement?
Speaker 4: How about?
Speaker 3: What is he talking about?
Speaker 6: I have a movie room in my basement and we talked about that.
Speaker 1: Really, she had a lot of hopes based around that movie room. Oh god, don't little popcorn maker. And I was all on Steve's side until he just poured salt in the wound, all over that bopcord making.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Sorry, it's a dope basement and yes I have multiple flavored salts.
Speaker 3: Wow, it kind of cool.
Speaker 4: You need to go you show now, all right?
Speaker 5: Hang up?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think maybe you just need to work on yourself right now, Jackie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, I'm deleting your text, I'm blocking your number. You're never going to hear from me again. I want you to know you lost out on something really.
Speaker 3: Good, really good, really stables type of relationship. So Steve, I'm sorry, dude.
Speaker 6: It's fine. I feel like I dodged a bullet. It's like I'm watching the matrix and.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear from him.
Speaker 3: Okay, see you you're gone. We dropped Steve. Oh wow, okay Jackie, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, you guys. Honestly, it's fine. I know men. After that, he is definitely going to reach out to me like a little crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's actually kind.
Speaker 1: You A little is a different definition.
Speaker 3: Are you saying you put all of that on just to like get him to call you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I used it up a little bit, but I'm legitimately pissed.
Speaker 3: That was a little bit.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine blown.
Speaker 3: All right, well, Jackie, after you take your hiatus from the dating world, call us and we can reach out to that next guy for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I'm any it from Steve.
Speaker 3: You heard about that basement, right, It is pretty dope. Okay, I don't blame you.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to block him, and then he's gonna call me, and you guys will end up doing an update update on me.
Speaker 1: Your healthy relationship direction.
Speaker 3: This is going to go Jeffrey in the morning, Was it me or did it feel like she definitely had a plane of attack there?
Speaker 1: What happened? Man? She said, she like what shausted up, juiced it up? She did?
Speaker 3: It was purpose.
Speaker 1: It was an emotional roller coaster. I'm exhausted.
Speaker 3: The second he mentioned a stronger connection with another woman, she completely went off the handle. Yeah, but wouldn't it be something though, if after all of this she was right.
Speaker 1: That he did call her back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, Steve thinks about it, and he's like, you know what, she's kind of unhinged, but I kind of.
Speaker 1: Like it every level. Only way Steve's calling her back is if it doesn't work out with the other girl. Yeah, yeah, then I could see it. Maybe happening.
Speaker 2: It's sure.
Speaker 3: It's probably a less than one percent chance that it all goes the way that she's thinking.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't that be a wild update up?
Speaker 3: There would be? Yeah, And I really appreciate her optimism and all of your optimism in your dating lives. If you want our help, we are ready to step in and call that person who isn't calling you back. By the way, go check out all of our second date updates. They're up online wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey