Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama girl, drama girl, all about them.
Speaker 1: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl cheered for the right teams drama Queens, je up girl fashion, but.
Speaker 3: You'll tough, girl.
Speaker 2: You could sit with us girls Drama, Queens, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, drahn the Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 3: That's a good way to kick this episode off. We're all doing. You look settled. You look like safe and settled.
Speaker 4: The rest of us are just skin categories over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have the right head. I don't have any of my equipment here, So it is getting She just got off a plane and getting back on a plane.
Speaker 4: Hillary's wearing little cat ear headphones. It's super cute.
Speaker 1: I like the cattier headphones. I actually sort of feel like we should get those movies.
Speaker 3: It's a theme today. I'll try to be feline. This is our mean time, a Q and a episode for you guys.
Speaker 5: We love the Hey everybody.
Speaker 1: Wait, I actually really am into this question only because I was just talking about reality TV with a group of people and like some of us don't watch it, and some people do and whatever, And Ariel asks, if you wanted to start your own reality show, what would it be about and who would you have in it? And I feel like days like today are sort of what would go on a reality show, Like when everything's a mess, Like you're wearing your daughter's headphones because your equipment you're not in the right place. And I have like everything in the laundry trying to get it dry before.
Speaker 3: A flight, like I can't wait till the dryer kicks on, and we can hear that, like't.
Speaker 1: It's a little atmosphere, But don't you guys think it's like it's always the days that are super hectic and ridiculous. But you're like, wow, if anybody knew, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: It would just sure let everybody know, Like we're just all dealing with the same everybody's trying to pack, everybody's trying to get their work done in corners. It's all what.
Speaker 3: Show would you do? What would be like the theme of your reality show?
Speaker 1: I feel like joy you could do a really cool reality show around like the making of your next album, especially because you're in Nashville now all like and all of like the Grand Old Opry and the Blue Is it the Bluebird? Am I making that up? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Bluebird?
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I as a viewer, I would like to watch that. I feel like if I were going to do a reality show, it would probably center around like citizen activism and I would just go and bug all of our legislators, which like would probably excite me. But my reality show would also probably get canceled because no one would care.
Speaker 3: That's not true. That's not true.
Speaker 1: Great because I'm ready to fight for democracy all the time. But I feel like that would be my show. And obviously, Hillary, we know your show. You do one you do like an incredibly cool reality docuseries on like fixing our broken justice system and helping people, you know, get justice for their families or get out of jail if they're wrongly convicted. Like you literally have a reality show and it's so cool.
Speaker 3: It's like the sad kind of reality though, like I I want some I talk with my crow about this all the time, because they have been doing true crime programming for decades, right, Like they helped define the genre with all the shows that they've done. They literally found Dog the Bounty Hunter. They had just been told to go find like a bounty hunter to do a show about, and they're the team that found dog. Damn.
Speaker 1: Still answer, I have so many questions bounty hunters.
Speaker 3: So all we talk about is doing like frivolous shows. We're so sick of like sad stuff because it's the art. It weighs on you. I want to do a reality show called PTS HO and it's just all about these hustle and pizza o moms or PG.
Speaker 1: Honestlysh is what I am. Wait, that feels very much to me like it would it would be Girls five Emma adjacent. Yeah, like sunny but obviously topical, but everyone dealing with like you know, midlife.
Speaker 3: Public schools need so much help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huh yeah they do.
Speaker 3: And like but also you throw midlife women at a public school problem.
Speaker 4: And it's great. This is absolutely a television show.
Speaker 1: Wait, like, I feel like we maybe should do.
Speaker 3: This PTS how Tuesdays on the CW Joy.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about like doing any kind of reality or like I don't know if you like that word, or maybe documentary better behind the scenes like followed content about music. Do you ever think about that?
Speaker 4: No, never thought about it. I don't love the The studio experience, like I live is fun for me. I mean, I love it feels so intimate to sit in a studio. Plus it would probably be really boring for people because it just takes so long to get things right, Like it just you're just in there for hours and hours. And you know, I would never want a camera creer around while we were writing songs, but like just and singing the tracks over and over again. I don't know, maybe somebody'd be interested in it. I just think after especially we just did this convention this weekend in Wilmington, and the guys that are private security for us and just other like celebrities that come into town, and these guys are actually former pis and bounty hunters, and I just think it would be so fun to watch those guys do their job and follow them around protecting random celebrities or whatever people people who need security.
Speaker 3: The last time we were there, I got to talking to those pis. They gave me their business card and I was like, do you guys happen to know this attorney and lisitary like dudes that I've worked with on my show, And they're like, oh, yeah, we know all about that we do work for those guys and so yeah, like interconnected web, Like remember when we would see the commercials when we were kids where you could get a degree from home. He hold like a one eight hundred number and you could get a degree in child development or housekeeping or PI.
Speaker 6: Like I wanted to disagree, it's so bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I follow a private investigator. That would be a really interesting for me that would watch that reality show that has to exist.
Speaker 3: Though there's not enough chick Pis.
Speaker 1: Agreed, like Dog's wife is on his show, but it's really just them. I'd like, I'd like a larger sampling.
Speaker 3: Is it basically murder?
Speaker 6: She wrote?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely? What if we found like a sixty five year old female PI?
Speaker 3: I met one. I met one in Ohio.
Speaker 1: She's, yeah, she is incredible at show.
Speaker 5: She should to.
Speaker 3: Grandma and she just looks like, you know, soccer grandma and she suspect times. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. That's the show problem solve. Thanks Ariel, I'm so into it.
Speaker 1: What a good question.
Speaker 6: All right, Jenna's asking, She's like, I always hear you guys talking about Dawson's Creek and Gossip Girl as shows that were comparable to yours and some actors you interacted with.
Speaker 1: But I never hear y'all talk about Friday Night Lot. Didn't interact with that show.
Speaker 4: Jenna, You are one hundred percent correct. We don't ever talk about Friday Lights. But I love that show.
Speaker 3: What year did that show start?
Speaker 1: I don't it was.
Speaker 4: Half It was like halfway through ours, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I think so, But I think it's it's worth saying, you know, like, ah, God, we're such fans. Two thousand and six. Yeah, so we were. We were three seasons. In part of the reason that we talk so much about our interactions with the Dawson's kids is because they filmed in Wilmington right before us. Yeah, we shot in the same location. We used a lot of the same crew. We filmed that the same you know, studios, and being in Wilmington is really like a specific experience. And then with Gossip Girl, we were all on the CW together, so when we would go do press for One Tree Hill, we would be with those kids and other CW folks. We didn't get to hang with the Friday Nightlights kids because we were on a different network and they filmed in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 3: Where what network were they on? Oh they were on NBC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were the NBC show. They were like a big network show.
Speaker 6: But they were only on NBC for two seasons and then they got puched to the one oh one network.
Speaker 3: What is that they remember? It was the Audience Network, y'all. I'm on Wikipedia right now.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And everybody threw such a fit that fans actually brought the show back. Isn't that what happened? Yeah, there was some massive thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: NBC was like, well, we don't think we want to pick up this show. It's like not that successful, and the fandom was like, excuse you, yeah.
Speaker 3: Which was pretty guy's got li listen. I got the work.
Speaker 6: Due to the writer's strike in the second season, it was shortened to fifteen episodes, and it had critical cane passionate fans, but NBC struck a deal with direct TV to produce more seasons. But then the Direct TV owned Audience Network and just put it over there. I'm going to tell you, because I was on a different planet. I thought it was like a varsity blues TV show.
Speaker 3: For the longest time.
Speaker 4: No, I did two hill. I didn't start watching it until twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Now, you guys have set me down a rabbit hole.
Speaker 4: No, you'd love it. You'd love it, and we did. Jenna Framer was on the show as well.
Speaker 1: Ye, Jane was on that show eventually. And you know, Minka did that show, I think the whole way through, and she's just the sweetest human.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, Charles Jeff worked with him. He's great. Oh, I know who I know from this show. I was obsessed with that show Kingdom. Did you guys ever watch that show about Mma? Oh? Yeah, Matt Laurie.
Speaker 1: I loved Kingdom.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I only know this guy, Matt Lauria from that show, but I really liked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great cast in Friday Night Lights. Well, Jenna, thank you. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 5: We did love that show.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we have a question from VENANTI. She's asking about the quotes written about Brook Davis and Peyton Sawyer in Lucas's novel and Unkindness of Ravens. So I will read the quotes. She was fiercely independent, Brooke Davis, brilliant and beautiful and brave. In two years, she had grown more than anyone I had ever known. Brooke Davis is going to change the world someday, and I'm not sure she even knows it. And the one about Peyton says, Peyton Sawyer is destined for greatness. Actually, she already is great because Peyton Sawyer has a thing called integrity and nothing or no one is ever going to change that. And Vivanti says, I think these quotes are bang on for who you guys are as people, Sophia and Hillary, and she would love to hear your opinions about that.
Speaker 3: That's really nice. It's really I mean, I I just did this cool thing this weekend. I was a godmother a Madrino in my friend's Keen Signora and I'd never been to a Keen Signira before. And what was so cool is this fifteen year old girl had these four male escorts and they had to do like five different dance routines and they were there the whole night, helping her with her dress, helping out like family members, giving toasts to her. And it was so special to me to see these teenage boys stand up and support this girl. And it just like symbolized this lifelong friendship that I think Lucas Scott had with both girls, and I know, like in my personal life hearing from the boys I grew up with, like, hey, I'm proud of you. I want to raise a sun that does that for other girls, you know, like having the support, like platonic loving support of a opposite gender peer. It's something that carries you through your whole life. You know, like you hear from those people now and you're like, thanks, thanks for believing in me when I was just a little chicken.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, yeah, it's really well put. It's interesting because it's I agree, you know how nice my gosh anantie, thank you. It's lovely when someone says this beautiful thing that was written about you I believe to be true. You're like, really, this is nice.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's a natural assumption because like so, I mean, as we know, so much of the show is taken from our real lives. But there in some kind of interesting way, I feel like it's there's I'm not sure who exactly wrote these words, which one of the writers in the writer's rooms put those on the piece of paper, but it does seem like they dipped into genuine feelings for who you guys are as people. They're really lovely quotes.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are. And you know, I think it can be a little hard to speak to, you know, if something feels accurate for you. I think I appreciate like the opinions of my friends, but like I'll definitely say for me listening as you read it, joy Like absolutely, I think that quote is one hundred percent bang on for Hillary, Like that is exactly who you.
Speaker 3: Are, the bitchy one, the intiarties code for I just will say what I think.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I think, like I think when you have enough integrity to tell the truth even when it isn't popular, or to like really stand for something even if it might not be popular. Like I think that's I think that's such a mark of character. I love it. It's like that's one of my favorite words in the English language. And I'll tell you what, like growing into myself as an adult, I like, I'm I don't know. I think when you get to know that you have integrity, it's like that's the thing to be the most proud of. So you can tell you can tell all the jokes you want, But I agree, it's feelings.
Speaker 3: Feelings, Yeah, what what was the deal? It was so weird that, like, Haley's the person to give Lucas the book in the pilot, and it's like his like nerd buddy. So what I don't know about unkindness of Ravens. Guys, I'm in lovel with you. I never read it.
Speaker 4: I didn't either.
Speaker 1: I don't want Is.
Speaker 4: It actually a full book? Did somebody ever actually like write it out?
Speaker 3: I think someone did.
Speaker 1: I think there's like a fan fiction version.
Speaker 3: But if there's a fan fiction version, we need to know what he says about Haley in it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was going to say. Where are the rest of the quotes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know who knows.
Speaker 1: Because I know that I'm pretty sure if memory serves me right, even though we're at the end of season six on the podcast, at the end of season four, when we do the graduation party is when I first read this in the book, Like it's the first time I learn what I me, Brooke learns what Lucas has written about her, And I know that part of the reason for that was that we were essentially doing like the voiceover that had gotten so popular on our show at the top and the end of an episode. We were basically like using his book as live voiceover in the episode. But I don't remember when we hear Peyton's and I don't remember if or when we hear Hailey's.
Speaker 4: Do you enjoy No, not at all. I just I think it was used for the whatever. That scene was the purpose of furthering that particular storyline, and then we moved on to other things and it just didn't make sense to go back and I mean run down his quote about every single character on the show.
Speaker 3: So like, if I was Chad and I wanted to make some quick money, right, I would have someone just write a dumb little book and put that out on audio books. And yeah, absolutely, honey, honey, put that book out. I've listened to it. Tell me more about Peyton. Oh. Michelle is saying, I recently introduced my friend to the show. She's watching season one for the first time. Something that stood out to us When Lucas discovers Haley's twenty three tattoo, Hailey says, if she looks back on it twenty years from now and it reminds her of how she felt in this moment in love for the first time, she wouldn't not regret it.
Speaker 4: And so that's what Haley says in the episode. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: The question for Joy is, now that season one is twenty years old, how do you think Haley feels about the tramps tip tattoo?
Speaker 4: Now, I love it.
Speaker 3: The placement is what doesn't.
Speaker 4: Permit Oh yeah, I mean listen, something really interesting happens. The older you get, you stop.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 4: You are forced to stop prioritizing and caring so much about the things on your body that are not perfect. You just have to start dealing with it. And I have a tattoo that it's on my foot. It's a little hummingbird. It's cute, but it was done with one of those really thick needles, so the lines are super thick and kind of blurred, and it's definitely like an old person tattoo where you're like, oh, you're old enough to have gotten this before they knew how to make skinny needles for to.
Speaker 3: The old timy needles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I don't love it now, I'm like, oh God, I kind of wish I had never gotten that. But it's become a part of the map of my body, the tapestry of my body that's been affected by age and weather and time. And wear, and it's just part of the story of me and what I've been through in life and my body. So I think Haley also would find a way to just accept it as part of a wonderful, wild memory, a whimsical memory.
Speaker 1: There's also something to be said for the tattoos. You can't see right it's on your back. You don't have to look at it every day, and like, I have a tattoo on the back of my right arm, and you guys, I forget that it's there all the time, Like I just forget about it, and I have had it for very long. And on the movie I was just doing I was like in a dress for this sequence of you know, cocktail party, blah blah, and they were like, oh. The make artist was like, oh no, I didn't cover that tattoo. And I was like, what tattoo And she was like, ma'am, are you okay? You don't know where your own tattoos are? And I was like, oh, I just forget. I forget that it's back there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the twenty three tattoo is sexy. I think it's sexy because Haley and Nathan are definitely like still together and every time he walks by her during the summer when she's in a bathing suit, or like as she's in the bathroom put in your makeup on, standing there and her bra he gets to just like it's a sexy secret between the two of them, especially as you get older and you're not like in a bathing suit in public as much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the reminder of like I chose you, Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Did the crazy thing. Yeah, because they are such an incredible on screen love story and endgame. It's like, I love the tattoo. I'm sure you'd hate it. Like if Nathan had never turned into Nathan and he'd been like season one Nathan forever, and you guys hadn't stayed together, Like you'd be like that guy that's smarty Junior Dan Scott, I have this stupid tattoo, Like you'd definitely be getting it removed because it's Haley and Nathan like it. I don't know, it's representative of our favorite love story.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think it's she It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 4: On a recent episode of Drama, Queen Sophia said she makes a playlist for each character and Haley is asking what was on Brooks playlist. Oh were you even doing that back then? Like that's that's early early on in your career? Was that a habit back then?
Speaker 1: In the early aughts? It was like you had to you had to do a you to.
Speaker 4: Burn a CD MySpace.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I would like make CDs. Although this really does make me think maybe, like do I need to just make a full Brook Davis playlist?
Speaker 4: Absolutely just put on Spotify?
Speaker 3: Done?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean Okay Meetschad or in that case, I won't talk about it. I'll just surprise you all with the link.
Speaker 3: Give us three songs. It's weirdo three songs? What are three Brooke Davis songs? Beginning, middle, and end? Brooke Davis?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I mean hit me with your best shot was always on my Brook Davis play.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what it's so hard to pick three? No, that feels so tough.
Speaker 3: Who's Brook Davis Senior? It's like season one.
Speaker 1: I honestly would have to like go back and look at my playlists in my Apple Music.
Speaker 3: I feel like will Afford. I want to be bad as I.
Speaker 1: Know honestly. And then there was like there was stuff, you know, I was really trying to think about what felt like a big deal when we were sixteen. So like on Brook Season one playlist, I had some og Britney spears, I had like, and then it would move into like great hip hop and all the all the music that like I grew up listening to as a teenager on the West Coast. I grew up such a deep tubac fan. I really wanted to get back into the space of like getting my driver's license in high school, because that's where we were, you know.
Speaker 3: Getting a CD player in your car, Oh, epic.
Speaker 1: Such a big deal. Yeah, I like installed one after I did a commercial. I took out like a tape deck and you were likely after Marketplace and put it in in my car. So cheesy, but I loved it. I loved it all right. It's a nice blast from the past to think about, like trying to get in the headspace of a sixteen year old.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'll make one. I'll make one, okay. Adrian asks, Oh, I love this because I agree. She says one Tree Hill is a comfort food for countless fans. What is all of your actual goods to comfort food? Any recipes to share?
Speaker 4: Oh, there's several different types of comfort do you have one.
Speaker 1: No, but like I mean, you all know this, Like I just always have snacks. I have bags of snacks. I have multiple beverages in my hand at all times. I'm nervous about not having.
Speaker 3: You have food insecurity, You're like, I need a fanny pack full of provisions. Yeah, or I can't leave the house.
Speaker 1: We shan't be hungry should we get trapped if there's like a highway shutdown where someone who's hypoglycemic or diabetic, Like, I'm gonna have a snack, Everything's gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But if I'm thinking like comfort food, like I want southern Yeah, I want mashed potatoes and gravy. I want like a hot biscuit and butter biscuits. You know, like that all the stuff that we had such easy access to when we were living in Wilmington. Yea, that I don't have easy access to anymore. Oh I miss it.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. I love walking into a kitchen and seeing after the you know, Maria's gone to bed and the babysitter's leaving. Not that she really needs a babysitter anymore, but sometimes late at night I will walk in and see a pot with like three spoonfuls left of Kraft mac and cheese, all the Annie's Mac and cheese shells, And nothing makes me happier than lighting that pan back up and just diving into that mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: I love it. Yeah, I just like food that someone else makes for me. Like my best friend here is Iranian, and her mom, Soudi, is just like constantly bringing food over constantly, and so anytime I go to pick my kids up from their house in the village, like she's like, oh, Soudy left you some food. Soudy left you some rice and some lamb or some you know, Like, yeah, Sudie's cooking is my safe space because it's always when Jeff's out of town. So she knows I'm not cooking any grown up food. I'm just making kid dinners. And she makes sure that I have my own little like single portion of dinner and it's O my god, and so like, yeah, Iranian food really has become my safe food. It's my happy place.
Speaker 4: That's funny that you say just food that other people make for you. I think that's one of my love languages, is someone just making me food, Like yeah, thank you for nurturing me.
Speaker 3: I don't have to think about this. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I love to make food for people for that reason. Like when we hit soup season when it is winter, I'm like, you want me to come over and make two gallons of chicken soup and put a bunch of pirates in the freezer? Done?
Speaker 4: Yes? Please?
Speaker 1: Oh it's it is. It's so nice to cook for folks and to be cooked for And now I want Krispy Rice. I want like, does she make that for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh, dude's legit rision.
Speaker 1: Crispy Rice is my literal favorite thing.
Speaker 3: She's a genius. She's like a doctor. I don't know how she finds time to do all of this, but both her and share you, they just like cook for the whole community, and I am obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: It's so nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I didn't grow up like that, so I'm just like, well, I want to be around this all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: That's that's love, that's comfort. So thank you Adrian for that lovely question. So sweet, well, so nice talking with all of you. Thank you for sending in your questions. We can't wait to hear more.
Speaker 3: We'll be put in our reality shows together.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, let's go Bowniehunters rs.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review.
Speaker 1: You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot H.
Speaker 3: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 1: We all about that high school drama. Girl, Drama Girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride and our comic girl shared for the right teams. Drama Queens come old fashioned, mitull tough girl.
Speaker 3: You could sit with us.
Speaker 2: Girl Drama Queens, Drama Quease, Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens, Drama Queens