Speaker 1: I'll tell you this one one thing, Parlay. PAP's going to be taking the over in the doubles. I don't care what the number is, because he's going to hit eighty freaking doubles this year probably.
Speaker 2: All Right, here we go. We got big man Jonathan Paplebon with us, and it's been a busy time over the last twelve hours, and Pap, we got a shorter segment now, but we love you and we need the scoop on this signing. So your reaction when you saw Bragman going there, do you think this is a one and done and he'll opt out? Should he play second or third?
Speaker 1: Go?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: First off, I don't apologize. I had to talk to the principal because my son was on the phone checking out the Alex Bregman deal in class, so I had to be talking to the principal. So I'm late. I'll pay my fines number two. To me, this is this is a This is a sign that I don't care what he's done in the past. I don't care how many stats he puts up. This is a sign where you signed a true leader and a true leader in that club palace and you have instant leadership. You know, I love Devers and and I love Trevor Story and Cossas, but you know, it takes a certain special somebody to be a leader on the team and the man up to the media every day in Boston, and they just really don't have that guy right now. So to me, it's an absolute awesome sign. And number and number three on this deal. This was a foe headed monster deal. I mean this took Alex Redman, this took Alex Cora, and also this took Breslo and the main man, John Henry to uh put his balls on the line and make this deal done. So to me, I give credit to all of them coming together and figuring this out. Yeah there's opt outs, but I honestly if they if they go and win, he's not gonna opt out. So I think it's a clever, clever deal that put together by all four of them.
Speaker 3: Looking at this lineup, excuse me, they have a really stacked lineup. In my opinion, I'd have some from starting from Jaron Durant all the way down one. I think this is Tristan Costa this year. He's got to figure it out. I said that earlier. This is this could be a make or break. I mean, maybe I'm I'm looking too much into it. But does this this line up right here and their staff, pitching staff, are they gonna make waves when the Yankees coming to town? Is this a new error for these Red Sox team to start making some noise in the east.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, cut to John Henry. He's tired of losing to the Yankees. And I think that you know, he goes through waves where he spends money, and I think Craig Breslow came in at a perfect time where John Henry's wanting to spend money but flavor phrase. Look, man, I'm gonna tell you this thing now, don't look. He may not stay at second base all year long. I mean, Alex core is known to manipulate lineups and and put his guys in and give guys day's rest when they need him, and and so I don't I don't necessarily look at him possibly playing second base all year long, especially especially if the Christian Campbell kid comes up and sesys the world on fire. So, like I said earlier, I think I view him as a straight leadership role and cos Is definitely has to start stepping it up. You know, he'll probably be all over that Netflix series. You know, he's the guy in the clubhouse that you know answers to media. But he definitely has to stay healthy. Is Trevor Story has to stay healthy. And another thing on this starting lineup, like you said, phrase, Look, Brian Beyo's got to step up this year. He's got to start stepping up to throw strike one because just like AJ was talking about earlier with Nick Pavetta, Beo's got to do the same thing. He's got to go out there and get strike one to pitch ahead in the counts too, because he's ten times more effective than when he is behind the count.
Speaker 4: So in everybody, Pap, you were even you were probably worse when you were heading the count because then you had to throw that split Did Germaine die head over the fence?
Speaker 5: But that's cool? Uh?
Speaker 6: Do we do?
Speaker 5: We do? We ask you this question?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I know it's Scott clarified.
Speaker 4: It's only three years ninety technically with the deferred money, but I still look at as three point twenty. I don't care what Scott says because he's getting one hundred and twenty million so for a forty million dollars a year player. Basically, I know it's not real money, so Scott shut up. But is Alex Pregman that guy? And I mean Alex Pregman's stats, I mean, you know, are his stats. He's a great third baseman. He might be moving positions. But is this a contract they paid because of his clubhouse presidence, his leadership value and also with all the moving parts that they have to make, will the Red Sox look back and if he opts out after the first year with the Red Sox look back and say it was worth it.
Speaker 1: That's a great question, a Jay. You know, I think that number one, this deal doesn't happen unless Alex Korra already had the relationship that he had with him previously, so he could go to John Henry and he could go to Craig Breslo and say, hey, look, this guy will fit perfectly in our clubhouse. This guy will be our one of our leaders, which we do desperately need right now. And number two, I think, you know, if he goes there in the stature there and they win, that changes everything. Now, if he comes here and Trevor Story gets hurt again, we've got to switch positions. Every day and mix a match like they had to do last year. Then he thinks twice about it, I think. But to me, there's certain ballparks that you love to hit in and you love to pitch in. And uh, I'll tell you this one one thing that Parlay Pap, Parlay PAP's going to be taking the over in the doubles. I don't care what the number is come in the spring training, because he's gonna hit eighty freaking doubles this year.
Speaker 6: Probably he knows how to hit in that park, that's for sure, even though he had the same ops last year as Yoshida, who you were trying to get rid of. But you also you also said not too long ago, Christian Campbell, and you mentioned it.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 6: Does this move deter the Red Sox from making a a you know, crazy move by putting him in the opening day roster like you said, or do they still try to push it and then it creates all that habit?
Speaker 1: Well, Kratz, I think what it does is it gives the Red Sox the ability to not press these guys up and not push these guys up when maybe they might not be ready. They may be ready, but you really don't know yet. It gives Marcelo may Or, Roman Anthony and Christian Campbell, the Big three so called, that it gives them a chance to mature a little bit and get better in the minor leagues and they don't have to necessarily. Now somebody gets hurt, that changes everything. Trevor Story goes down in the first week again this year, then that changes everything. So you gotta press guys up. But I think it gives them a set lineup to start off the season with and going into the season, there's a lot of expectations with this ball club, and to me, it's gonna be fun because it's gonna be and on my side of things, it's it's a whole lot more fun to announce games and do games when you're watching big league players every night, not minor league players that are coming up in film positions. And that's what the Red Sox, that's what we've been watching with the Red Sox the last few years. So all that's gonna change. So we're gonna be We're gonna be watching some exciting baseball with the Red Sox this year, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: Okay, tell us Parlay, Pat, where are they gonna finish where the Socks finishing.
Speaker 1: I gotta finish it behind the Yankees, I do. I think in the AL East. You know, this division is is the division where the Yankees have seemed to own it. But to me, that doesn't matter. You know, I think they're gonna get in as a wild card. I just think the pitching is just not there. I think the Yankees have better pitching as of right now. Now, could that change if if you know, as lu Marloney calls him, the pig, if Garrett Crochetes comes out and wins fifteen to twenty games, that may change. But that's a lot. That's a big ass for a young kid like that to come in the American League East and right away punch out fifteen to twenty wins and give us one hundred and eighty two hundred innings. That's that's a big ass to me. So if that doesn't happen, I have the Yankees above us. But you know, with the wildcard, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It does matter, It doesn't matter because wildcard teams seem to do better than the division winners. PAP, So keep up, keep up here. I know that was the first year though where we haven't had anybody cry about having too much time off, just saying just saying, so if you want to try to win the wildcard not the division.
Speaker 5: Okay, does this agree? Does this move mean? Though?
Speaker 4: And we talked about this before you came on, and I saw your tweet where you said, you know, yo, sheet out Campbell at second base? Do you think Christian Campbell will really start the season on the big league roster? Because I don't think he will. I think they're gonna stick Devers, stick with Devers to start, move Bregman a second to start and then see how it plays out, because I don't think one they want to start the clock on Campbell, and two I don't think they want to put that pressure on moving Devers. And then every day Christian Campbell comes in and they are like, man, you made Raffie Devers move out of the starting lineup. You have to do something. I just think the Red Sox are gonna play it slow with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think they are now. AJ and AG. I had said that before the Alex Bregman signing. I mean like thinking that you know, the Campbell kid was gonna start at second When I came on, previously on the ft. But now that you got Bregman, I think that does change a little bit. It gives you a more set lineup and you don't have to necessarily press these young kids and start their clocks. When you call these kids up, you get a bona fide big leaguer and you know it. You're not feeling a void because you have to. But to me, I think, out of the three kids, this Christian Campbell kid is something else, man. And I've had just a little bit of time to be able to watch him. But man, I'm I'm I'm super impressed with this kid. He's super mature and so we'll see what happens. You know, like I said earlier, Alex Corr is known for this. This is what he's He plays chess out there, so he's known to mix a match and Breggs knows that. So whether or not Breggs is gonna play a little bit of second base, and when Devers needs a day off, he'll play third base and vice versa. Who knows.
Speaker 4: Man, I thought Krats was a Homer, but you have taken the cake for homer. Drinking the Red Sox kool aid, boy, let me tell you but before I let you go, I know why you were late. And I know you said you use the excuse of the dog. Ain't my kids homework?
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: But I know why you were really late because I was in Stark, Vegas on Tuesday night, you know, showed and I watched Florida wook Mississippi State's ass of basketball. Okay, but do you want to make some money if you could build a really nice hotel starkfull with like, you know, some sort of restaurant e Bari type pat. I know your boy, ohs Waltz got is Prime forty four. But if we could build like a nice hotel, we can make a lot of money. Because I'm not lying, there ain't nowhere to stay in that place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, a j I usually stay at the Motel six. You know, I'm not as high class a hof of like you you know, yeah hotels whistles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Motel six is high class and you know it.
Speaker 4: You know, listen, I'm not going to tell you where I stayed, but it wasn't a Motel six.
Speaker 5: But I had something happened to me.
Speaker 4: They called me and before I got to Stargull on Monday night and said sorry, sir, we know you have a reservation, but we're taking it away. We're giving it to someone else. And I said, listen, that ain't happening. I'm showing up at that hotel. I'm either sleeping in the lobby, I'm sleeping behind the desk. But I've had a reservation for months. I'm staying at the hotel. And then they oh, they called me back two minutes later and they're like, oh, you're right. We bumped someone else that didn't have status like you, you know your your members status, so boomby.
Speaker 5: But I was like, man, I'm sleeping on the floor if I have to.
Speaker 1: Hey, look it start Vegas. There's not enough. There's not enough hotels. I will admit it. But you gotta have star power. AJ. At least you got star power kid. At least you got somewhere.
Speaker 5: I dropped paple Bond. Nobody knew who you were. I was like, but I know Jonathan.
Speaker 4: Pable Bond, and you don't never have On Wednesday and it got canceled or I would have stayed. They were having a home run derby at the dude, and I was like, I'm in My daughter who plays volleyball, there was like, Dad, you got to do this and I'm like, oh, I'm in And then they canceled it because they said it was raining although it wasn't raining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got the big Wiener dog race there too. I don't know you've heard about that.
Speaker 2: That's perfect for Aj. He's already done a sausage race Wieners right up his alley.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa too far?
Speaker 1: Got that before we get crossed off the channel list.
Speaker 2: Good to see you, dude, Thanks for stopping by. Kangaroo Court is to hook AJ up with a hotel room and no cancelations?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, sounds great. I gotta go talk to the principal. I'll see you guys later.
Speaker 2: Bet MGM futures. We've got Anthony Bolpi stolen bases at twenty five and a half.
Speaker 1: Who we got over over under? Who we got it over over under?
Speaker 2: Todd Fraser over under for Anthony Volpi? Who you watch a lot of?
Speaker 3: Over by a lot. I'm gonna say a lot by thirty five forty range.
Speaker 5: I like this.
Speaker 3: I would take this bet right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, twenty eight last year in a full season, he played the whole year Kratz is putting his thumb up, so that means over over, And he's played full season both of his first two season two.
Speaker 5: You guys all, he's out there all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, Whether he hits two, twelve or to eighty, he's out there all the time. He's gonna run, He's always looking to run.
Speaker 2: Why is bet MGM doing this to us?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: AJ, I don't know they know a lot.
Speaker 4: So that's that's what scares you a little bit about this whole thing, is like because it seems like an easy money, free money.
Speaker 2: You think it's that much of a lock?
Speaker 1: Is this a five star lock? Crats?
Speaker 6: No, I can't take any I can't take any just because of the eye word. Anytime somebody can somebody can miss time. But this dude's he's a pup. He's a baby. But now he's learning to hit. He's gonna get on base a little bit more. I feel like, I feel like there's improvement there. And he's gonna learn who to steal off of and when to steal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Go under Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think he hits thirty. I think he hits thirty. Say with your chest, say.
Speaker 5: With your chest.
Speaker 2: I think he gets under. I'm gonna obviously factor been healthy there. On base percentage is sub three hundred last year runs into a little trouble. Yes, the whole reason why the stolen base numbers are lower because stolen base guys get hurt more because they're running a second And I know it's not as injury prone as it used to be, but it's a thing, and that's got to be what they're factoring in. So I'm doing it if I'm not touching this one, but I'm going under. Download the MGM Sportsbook app on iOS Android. Visit at BETMGM dot com. If you're old school and hitting the computer. Bonus codes foul fo U l first wager up to fifteen hundred bucks back in bonus bets. If that wager loses. If it wins, you win. If it loses, your bonus bets come your way once your initial wager is settled. Gambling problem more concern called winne hundred gambler