Speaker 1: I guess Scotty Be with all right, stopping it right there. It's not Andrew and Scotty Bee this week because Andrew is not being very cooperative. First of all, Welcome to Serial Killers. I'm Scotty Bee. This is episode one oh seven. Today is Friday. Thank you for listening. And my guest co host this week is Straight in eight.
Speaker 2: I think this is an audition. I think this is a chance to uh, it's like the Beatles breaking up.
Speaker 1: I do it because you know what, last week, I asked people to let us know who they want as a fill in because Andrew is just flaking left and right, and it was overwhelmingly Nate.
Speaker 3: Oh look at that.
Speaker 1: So welcome to serial Killers. Let me just let you know what's going on. I have these episodes scheduled with Andrew. Okay, and I'll text him at ten thirty in the morning, say you good for eleven?
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: You know I can't do it today. Maybe we'll do two on Monday. I don't want to do two on Monday because I want to get out of here.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So this takes like fifteen minutes. When we do two episodes, it could take an hour because we're all.
Speaker 2: Still coming into the epicenter of coronavirus central. I mean this is still a hot zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're here in New York Andrew's home with his feed up.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't want to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So I'm doing this one with Nate. So sorry, Andrew, hope you didn't not post it out of spite.
Speaker 3: Is this my big chance? This is by the way, I always thought we should do a podcast to get.
Speaker 1: It well, I know, well, this is this is the start to a new one. Perhaps, killers I don't know what we're gonna we can do something. What can we do? We could do a podcast of like crazy stories, because we both really.
Speaker 2: Have I'm just knocking Andrew out and I'm taking this job. But no, I think we have plenty of great stories that we can tell.
Speaker 1: I'm in all right, so I know we don't want to be here that long today, So let's just get started. I know that you are a fan of Cashi cereals, Yes you do. You do tend to go a little bit more on the healthy side. But what was your what's your peanut.
Speaker 2: Bumpers, peanut p a bum However those are all organic h So, yeah, I do probably looking at the grand scheme of things tend to go more healthy.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I went back to my roots, cookie was my all time favorite cereal.
Speaker 1: Okay, so growing up you were a sweets oh god, yeah, yeah, and cookie crisp. The recipe has changed. You know it's.
Speaker 2: Different because I had a bowl with you about a year and a half ago.
Speaker 3: Oh that was very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know, back in the day when the cookie cop was on the box and Ralston made it, it was very different, and the General Mills bought it and they changed the recipes.
Speaker 3: Call it what it was. It was actual cookies, it really was. It was cookies.
Speaker 1: Here's cookie for breakfast kids, all right, So let's get rolling. So we're gonna do a coffee cereal to start. I don't know which one I want to. We actually have been doing, you remember Koshi Golan. Yes, that was a line out there, and I mentioned this a few weeks ago, because basically, Coshie is the only cereal we haven't done yet. There's seven thousand coshee.
Speaker 3: So I just keep buying. Why can you say why? Because I suggested that when you first started this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just you know, they're too healthy and too.
Speaker 3: You're like, they're too boogie. There is not. Yes, I love Goshi.
Speaker 1: You know what, if you can buy cereal and Whole Foods, I probably don't want to do it. And they're they hit all the Coshi's.
Speaker 2: It's like one of the only basically three cereal makers at food So yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we've done a bunch of Cashi's over the last few weeks, and the go Lean line has changed. Like I mentioned, we did Go Wander and Go Defy. Go Wander was one of the berries. You liked that one, yes, yea. And so they also have a Go Spark, Go Love, Go Crush, Go Flow, Go Rise, and Go Shine. And this one used to be called go Lean Honey Almond Flax Crunch, and it's now called Kashi Go Play Honey Almond Flax Crunch. Yeah, they just changed the line. It's just to go everything now it's not go lean anymore.
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 2: By the way, until you started mentioning the go and then insert word there, I didn't even know they had an insert word there.
Speaker 1: Well I do now.
Speaker 2: I was just it's Kashi. And the thing that confused me is why they changed the name of the cereal. But this is even more confusing.
Speaker 1: It's just a new marketing thing.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, since there's different types of pieces in here, I have to shake it, so excuse me. Okay, that was that was my Scotti shake. We're just trying to bang out this up.
Speaker 3: It's hot here it is. It's they've got the ac all messed up in this game.
Speaker 1: All right, so into the cashi go play, all right, put your cups over there. Let me have one of your cups. Sorry, I don't want to stick my non gloved fingers.
Speaker 3: In the box. Please, I go, where's ll all right? Thank you?
Speaker 1: This just lyesol.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're supposed to do not on your skin. Oh it smells good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Chief engineered Josha that we can clean our hands with lysol. He said, it's fun. Oh okay, yeah, here's a one percent stop and shop milk.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's try it. Now. Do you let it soak? I mean, what's your prefra?
Speaker 1: You can leave it for it. Andrew just likes to bang it out. So as soon as I pour the milk, he eats it. He does not let the milk permeate.
Speaker 3: I will this cereal? You might want to eat while it's not too so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this needs to be crunchy because it's all kinds of different grains in here and some soften up here we.
Speaker 3: Go, hmm, that's all right.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you it tastes like Whole Foods.
Speaker 3: That's what it tastes like.
Speaker 1: If Whole Food's had a taste.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'll be honest, it's like a It's like a healthy honey smacks.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that, you definitely taste the honey. There's some other qunchy things in there, like almonds, plant protein and multi grain clusters with honey, almonds and flax seeds, so the flax seeds are little crunchy things in there along with the almonds. It's okay, this is a see. I like these kind of cereals, though I know Andrew does too. Andrew likes to healthy stuff. I'll go three bowls in a spoon on it. I think you know our rating system, it's one to five balls with spoons in between.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go I'm mena give one more bite here. I'm gonna go four balls. Okay, I'm gonna go four balls and a spoon.
Speaker 1: Four balls and a spoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, that's I'm really digging this.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, that's just a spoon off of five balls.
Speaker 3: I know I'm really digging it. I may not want the other Cerealst's.
Speaker 1: Save some room in your belly because another cachee cereal. And I actually discovered this one a week or two ago. Danielle had it in her house when we were doing an episode that Andrew also blew me off on. Okay, so I did one with Danielle over FaceTime. FaceTime sucks, by the way, there's no better way to do it than just sitting here in studio. I keep telling Andrew just put on a mask and come in.
Speaker 2: No. Well, if this is the Scotti is Upset episode, I'm proud to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what, even when Andrew is here, it's the Scotti Is Upset episodes, the Scotty is Venting episodes. Yes, so another cache cereal. I found this one at shop. Right, there's still I guess say, you know, I keep saying we're running out of cereals, but there's still probably one hundred plus cereals that we haven't done yet. I just have to find them in different places, and listeners are still sending them in. There's a massive box under there of weird, random generic cereals that we got, so we have plenty.
Speaker 2: Oh with the aged I see the aged lepre con on one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like that guy.
Speaker 3: That's Gil.
Speaker 1: That's the ripoff mascot cereal and that's coming on Monday, so stay tuned. So this is another Kashi. It's Cinnamon Harvest organic Hoole Wheat biscuits.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna tell you I hate this really. I hate cinnamon. A fan of cinnamon.
Speaker 1: It's also like a shredded whek Now, I have it zero bowls now, I mean, I guess, but I'd like you to try it. You know, in the last episode we did the brand new cinnamon cheerios. They were pretty decent, really, yeah, they were they were okay.
Speaker 3: See, cinnamon is a spice that you can go overboard with very quickly.
Speaker 1: And plus the fact that seeing that it's cashy, it's probably not cinnamon sugar. It's probably just cinnamon.
Speaker 3: And cinnamon, which I hate even more. All right, give me this point.
Speaker 1: Basically, what this is going to be a cinnamon mini wheat without the frosting. It's pretty much what this looks like. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, you know, with healthy styles cereals like a wheat, you either go all sugar or.
Speaker 3: Just the wheat. You can't go half ass on this stuff. They just look like way too many.
Speaker 1: They just look like plain mini wheeks.
Speaker 3: It looks like some sort of insulation that you would.
Speaker 1: The pink panther made this.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: The pink panther. You know, the pink insulation, the pink panthers. Screw everybody? All right, all right, let's for the cashi.
Speaker 2: Right see these you gotta let's soak.
Speaker 3: This is like eating a piece of ratan furniture.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, I like it. Maybe you're not a cinnamon fan. No, no spitting it in the garbage cam.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm sorry that like. It tastes like church incense.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know I'm a Jew, but I get it now.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: To me, it tastes like cinnamon life. It tastes just like cinnamon life because it has that cinnamon in the middle. It's just missing the little granules of sugar. But I am going to give it three bowls in a spoon. It's not awful.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: I give it zero zero of everything. I give it negative one bowl. It's like it tastes like a funeral Like I'm not even kidding. I hate that, Like the cinnamon. If anybody, and I don't mean to make light of the situation with everything's going on, but if you've are Catholic and you've ever smelled incense, this tastes like incense smells wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We used to call those punks incense. Yeah, the big long sticks that you would light and it would smoke.
Speaker 3: See, it was different.
Speaker 2: You had in it was an altar server, altar boy back in the day, and you would like this little charcoal briquette and then you would take some incense and sprinkle it on. Okay that the priests would do, uh, and then it would cause this big plume of smoke and go around the casket or wherever he's using this incense, and it would it's.
Speaker 3: That cereal guy. Yeah, it's understand.
Speaker 1: So because when we were kids used to go to the stationary stores what they would call it, and they would have these long sticks and we would call them punks, but they were incense sticks, and remember, you know, we would put them in our mouth and partending we were smoking the big giant long cigarettes, you know, like a Virginia Slim exactly, you know. And then I even opened a smoke shop when I was like eleven or twelve years old.
Speaker 3: What in your locker? No? In the street.
Speaker 1: I reeled a little cart out in the street and I sold those punks. And remember the snakes used to put on the sidewalk that you would like a little black nuggets and they would is an excell smoke shop, not smoke show, things that smoked, and smoke bombs and anything else that I could find in the store that smoked. So you know, I was a man. I think I sold m eighties too. Right in the street.
Speaker 3: You have a little red wagon with firecrackers.
Speaker 1: It's funny that you say little red wagon, because that's another stupid thing I did. I remember I loved the street sweeper so much that I took my little red wagon and I drilled a hole in it and I filled it with water and then I would sit in it while my friend pulled me on a bike and had a room behind it, so there was water coming out with a street I made a street sweeper.
Speaker 3: It would you sidewalks up and down the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: I just went along the curb and I just swept the street with water pouring out. It is the most ridiculous thing. It was no more effective than the actual street sweeper because all those things are would just move crap all over the place. So listen, because you're here. It's a special day. So we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: This Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Now, this is actually a bonus bag. And I'm only doing this because I wanted to. Yes, I wanted to name the episode Great Nate. So I'm going down to the cereal sack and it's multimeal massive eighty pound bag of frosted flakes.
Speaker 2: All right, Now we have to eat the cereal on our haunches like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that guy in a commercial.
Speaker 1: You're the only one that gets that, so you know it's funny. A couple of weeks ago, I posted a picture. I found a video of me in nineteen ninety four when I lived in Iowa, and I was in the supermarket doing this down along the bottom of the shelf. Very funny.
Speaker 2: You're that actor that did the commercials. Do you know his name? He was in something. He was in some show on Comedy Central.
Speaker 1: He's probably dead.
Speaker 3: Oh, get guaranteed he's dead anyway.
Speaker 1: So frosted flakes from Kellogg's came out in the fifties.
Speaker 3: Okay, can we talk about what's with the bag?
Speaker 1: Like, Well, they're saving money by putting in a bag, and they're able to put more in a bag than you could in a but you can't have a massive box like this.
Speaker 3: Who's got bags like it?
Speaker 1: I have to tell you. You know when people were going nuts and buying up everything in the supermarket. Yeah, all the multimele cereal was gone.
Speaker 2: It was empty because it probably stays fresh for twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The thing is with frosted flakes, and I've mentioned this before. Frosted Flakes is one of those serial names that cannot be trademarked. So you'll see frosted flakes from many different brands, along with Raisin Brand and corn flakes. There's just certain things for whatever reason, they won't let companies trademarks.
Speaker 3: And on the front of the bag here it says love it or it's free. That's right.
Speaker 2: So if we don't love it, I'm returning it. Yeah, Okay, even if we just like it, we can still return it.
Speaker 1: So if this doesn't get at least three balls in a spoon from both of us, oh that's middle of the road. So we're returning. But we've actually had pretty good luck with maltameal. There's only been one or two that we were like, eh, not so much, but they usually tastes just like the name brand stuff. All right, so here's your milk.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: They are a little bit lighter and smaller than the Kellogg's variety.
Speaker 3: I can say they are aesthetically visually very pleasing.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm you know, I'm a bit like a three ball in a spoon four ball frosted flakes fan. Anyway, I don't love it, but I'm all right, let's check it out.
Speaker 3: Let's give it a whirl. Here.
Speaker 1: It's a different kind of sweet. It's sweet, but it's different than your typical Kellogg's Foster flakes.
Speaker 3: I gotta say you like them. I don't know if I love them, but.
Speaker 1: Would you say they're great?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Dude? Look at your moose knuckle.
Speaker 3: I know, sorry, these are my tight pants. Why are you staring at my ball?
Speaker 1: Because it's just it's just like so high up. I know it's out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry. We retitled this next boots three.
Speaker 1: Balls and a spoon for me, it's really good. Again. I'm not a massive frosted flake fan to begin with, so I do like it. So three balls in a spoon, middle of the road. No, wait a minute, two balls in a spoon to the middle of the road. I would failed math. So three balls and a spoon for me, it's so above average. Yes, I'm gonna go the same. Okay, I go three balls in a spoon. So, I mean, I don't love it, but I do really like it. Good Multimal, you've done it again. Congratulations excellent. By the way, did you know that Multimal is made by Post They are a post consumer brand.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you, yes, do you think a lot of the I mean, the cereals are going the multimeal bags. Do you think it's just the same stuff that they put in the post boxes.
Speaker 1: A lot of times? I do believe that it is made on the same line as the post cereals. Like we tried the cocoa chocolate Dino bytes. Yeah, and that's cocoa pebbles. Same with the fruity Dino bites. They taste exactly like them, so I mean they may have to tweak it just tiny bit or put one ingredient in or take one ingredient out just to make it a little bit different, but I mean they taste almost identical.
Speaker 2: Seriously, so why not just get the cheaper cereal because there is there a price price difference between.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, multimal bagged cereal is much cheaper.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you're telling people about this.
Speaker 1: Yes we are. We love Multimeal. They are a great alternative to the big name brand Cereal. Even though they're made by a big name brand, they're the underdog of Cereal. They're not paying for this, you know, they're just cheap and good, excellent most of the time.
Speaker 3: How did I do is Andrew's replacement?
Speaker 1: I think he did great. I mean we didn't really make fun of each other all that much because I like you. You know, you're not playing on your phone, you're not looking the other way, you're not just trying to get a co host. He is a bad co host. Yeah, poor kid. I think that's what people like. People like the fact that we don't get along that well.
Speaker 3: So maybe we should tell some dirty stories then you and me.
Speaker 1: I think we should. Although this is a family podcast. That's why I had to beep out that f that you did earlier on. So thank you very much. Geez, I'm sorry about that. I think this is podcast Lane. You can say whatever you want. It is. You know, at the beginning, we had one or two where we were like cursing up a storm and we had to put the little e explicit thing there, and we found that people are like, eh, because they like to listen in the car.
Speaker 3: Can let me know I can be family friendly? No, it's okay.
Speaker 1: We have been okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean we could have gotten really dirty there.
Speaker 1: Even little boys have moose knuckles, so it's fine.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you're the one that brought that up.
Speaker 1: This is very true. So you don't look at now you tucked it.
Speaker 3: It's very nice. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for listening to this episode of Serial Killers. Andrew, I do love you. I'm just kidding, but please, doesn't he really no, it's you. You should have heard what he was saying off the air. Just please, when we it's Andrew, you shouldn't come back. You may not make it out of your life. When we schedule a Serial Killers episode, Andrew, please stick to that schedule. Don't say I have to go running, you have to go run. He missed one last week because he had to go right, I know he ran me neither. Have you seen him?
Speaker 3: Oh now you crossed the line. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, hopefully Andrew will be back along with Danielle on Monday. I did say in the last episode that that was going to be happening this time around, but again Andrew blew me off. So we will see you on Monday with Andrew and hopefully Danielle for another exciting episode of serial Killers. So have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. And if Andrew's not here then I will gladly rejoin you.
Speaker 1: Yaya, look at that, and please follow us on social media at serial Killers PC. That's cereal with the c and why don't you plug your social handles?
Speaker 3: Nah? No, this is serial Killers. Give them all the love.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks, I appreciate it. And until we see you on Monday. You know what to say here?
Speaker 3: Oh for fresh my memory?
Speaker 1: What's the sound that it makes when you eat that cereal crush?
Speaker 3: Very good? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know Andrew didn't listen to this anyway, So he doesn't know that we talk crap about it. He doesn't listen to these episodes. He does, he doesn't quality check what a terrible quality? Yeah, he doesn't care what.
Speaker 3: A terrible produce.
Speaker 1: You sh'd see When I record with him, his levels are up. I have to raise and lower his levels because he just screams and doesn't care and whispers it's terrible.
Speaker 2: You know what, if you're really looking for a replacement. Plus, I can get an infusion of money into this thing. We can get ads.
Speaker 1: So you're smart that way. I keep asking Andrew, dude, when are we getting a sponsor? How can we promote this more? It's like I don't know. I pay for it. I don't know, you know, and so we get nothing going on.
Speaker 3: You know, this is a shame because this podcast I feel a good rival J Rogan stuff. You should know. Wow, it should be serial killers.
Speaker 1: I mean we do have thousands of listeners a week, but still nothing.
Speaker 3: It's really a shame.
Speaker 1: We can't even get free milk spin in your You can't get free milk.
Speaker 3: I paid for that, my god, I.
Speaker 2: Sincerely hope you started up your own business. That's a write off. This spoon right off.
Speaker 1: I stoleft from here. Everything else is stolen. I just pay for the milk and the cereal. All right, all right, we gotta go. Thanks, have a good weekend. Bye.