Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like, you know, to check the date of the Big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Episode one twenty four, hosted by a man who might be the happiest person in the world to have not won fifty thousand dollars. That's just a small footnote in my weekend. Yeah, you know what, the Niners couldn't come through, But you know who did come through. You know who always comes through. Patrick Bleeping Mahomes Burrowhead Stadium, big dogs of the AFC, Give me a break, the Mayor of Cincinnati getting in on the trash talk that cornball get out of here. So much to do, so much to discuss. We appreciate if you're watching live on YouTube. Put your questions for comments. In speaking of YouTube, we are less than two thousand subscribers away from getting to the one hundred thousand we've been striving for. We had a deadline of January one. We then extended the deadline until the Chiefs played their last game, which luckily we all knew was going to be the Super Bowl. So we need about seventeen hundred subscribers sween now and then you also subscribe to just the audio version on Apple or Spotify or wherever. All right, let's get right into it. What missed the cut? Let's see what is not On today's show. Novak Djokovic wins is twin second Grand Slam, his tenth Australian Open. He's now ten and zero in Australian Open finals. Shout out to him. Tony Romo just can't help himself with making the NBA references. Here's what I'm gonna tell you. I thought the Drexler Jordan reference was quite apropos. Clyde Drexler and made a finals before and lost. People were saying, could he be the second best shooting Garden or the best shooting Garden basketball? Not Jordan? If he wins this does he have Brian rights over Jordan? And then Jordan crushed him in those finals. I actually thought the Jordan Drexler mahomes Borough thing was pretty damn good. I thought I heard Bill Simmons this morning take big issue with it. I didn't take issue with it. And the Empire State Building gets roasted on Twitter because people on Twitter just can't handle anything that nuanced whatsoever. It's like, oh my god, everyone in New York, all Giants fans hate the Eagles. They're doing Eagles colors. They put on their damn schedule that they because they light up the top of the Empire State Building to celebrate things they were gonna do whichever team won the NFC and then whichever team won the AFC, and the Eagles got it done. But we will talk about the Eagles and the Niners and me not hitting that fifty dollars future later. Demonse, good to see you, Demanse. Want some money yesterday? Yeah, now listen, it's not money that's gonna you know, go get them ten shares of Berkshire Hathaway stock. However, it's better than a loss. Let's get right to it. Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Wins will win. Yeah, all right, your Chiefs are back in the Super Bowl. A little bit of helps from the refs.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what, before you even get to the question, start the clock, put the rundown on the side. I'm gonna get right to it. Everybody, shut your damn mouth about the refs. Okay, let's go through the critical calls from this game. First, the Bengals are absolutely flailing about. Burrow has thrown a pick. He then there's less than two minutes left. He had thrown a pick on the previous drive. He throws another pick. They're down ten, and what happens, a late flag comes in, calls past interference because he got there a split second early. Bengals keep the ball. The Bengals end up getting three points. It's a critical moment in the game if they're if they're fixing it for Kansas City. You don't think that they throw that flag. Now, let's go to later in the game, or it might have been before that. I'm not sure. The Chiefs score a touchdown and it comes off the board because of a holding penalty that they did not have to call. It was on the inside on a run play. It was not like one of those holding penalties where you get a guy around the throat and everybody sees and he throws his arms up. Now listen, both of those were fine calls. My point is the idea that every call when the Chiefs favor is nonsense. Now the do over on third and nine. I would be apoplectic if the Chiefs had gotten the first down and then they're like, no, we have to do it over with that said two points on that, the first one, the Chiefs would have been punting from the forty. They ended up punting from the forty. So yeah, cost the Bengals about thirty seconds, but that thirty seconds ultimately would have helped the Chiefs, not the Bengals, and it had no impact on the game none. And we did see that the ref from up top came running in because nobody could hear it, So could they have let it go? Sure, but give give me a break. And now all of a sudden, people going zapruder on the Mahomes run like, oh, there might have been holding. If we are not going to rehash non holding calls and the end of every football game, give me a break, take your referee complaints and shove it and the did a Oh well, what about the personal faulty end? What about it? That was his that has been called all year for multiple years. You can dislike the rule, you can say it's bad luck, all those things. But one other part of that, okay, one other part of that that's very important. If he doesn't get shoved out of bounds, they have eight seconds left in the clock is stopped. They are on the forty two.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: If you think Mahomes is not finding a way to get six to ten yards on that next play, and it's going to be a bucker fifty yard er, you're out of your mind. He's out of your mind. He's going to make the play. So enough with the referee complaints, Cincinnati go ahead, and now you can get you the question.
Speaker 3: All right, given him and his team being played with injuries and the competition, do you think this is Patrick Mahomes' best game yet?
Speaker 2: Okay? So this is some prisoner of the moment stuff people are going to do today. So I just want to remind people of what Patrick Mahomes has done in the playoffs at this point in his career. Because you want to call it his best game. Here are the other contenders AFC Championship game against the Patriots his first year as a starter, three fourth quarter comebacks, twenty four to fourth quarter points, including getting the ball with thirty seconds left down three and getting them in field goal range. By the way, Patrick Mahomes three times in his playoff career has gotten the ball with less than a minute left, thirty seconds against the Patriots, thirteen seconds against the Bills, and forty seconds last night, and three times has driven his team for the tying or winning points. Every other quarterback in league history, none of them have done it more than once. Mahomes has done it three times. So that's but that the game against the Patriots they lost. Didn't get the coin flip they lost, so take that off. The next football game he played was against the Houston Texans. They were down twenty four to nothing in the second quarter. They ended up scoring fifty one points and he threw five touchdowns. That's a pretty good one. I'm gonna say that's on the short list, by the way.
Speaker 3: Versus the Texans, and probably not as banged up as they were yesterday.
Speaker 2: Correct the Bills game last year, throws for three to twenty five runs. For another I think sixty four total touchdowns, executes, a game tying drive with thirteen seconds left, and a game winning drive in overtime. That one's pretty good. I'm sorry. And by the way, I short changed him. He threw for three to eighty in that game and ran for seventy four touchdowns. He also had obviously a five touchdown, four hundred yard game against the Steelers, but nobody cares even though that's the playoffs. I think the Bills game was more. Was he played better. I think yesterday's game was the most impressive for Patrick Mahomes. It's not just his injury, okay, it's the fact that at the end of the game, Demanse Juju's out, Hardinman's out, Tony's out. On defense, by the way, the number one corner Lagerius sneeds out. Basically the entire game, Mahomes converted a key first down to Marcus Kemp. Marcus Kemp Demanse has been in the league for four or five years. He has four catches and twenty four tackles. Because he's a special teamer, and that's who Mahomes is throwing to yesterday. I give credit Mark Wesvoldez Scantling stepped up. Travis Kelcey did Travis Kelsey things, but they had If you take out the Mahomes runs, they ran the ball seventeen times for thirty four terrible yards. They couldn't run. The receivers are out. Mahomes had a chance to fold when the ball slips out of his hands, and Patrick Mahomes came through again. Now with that said, he's not the only guy who came through. I tweeted about this. I'm gonna point this out again here. The Chiefs had four first team All pros. Let's see what they did yesterday. Patrick Mahomes was one of them. He was utterly brilliant on one leg. Travis Kelcey was another. He was double team to the entire game. Still found a way to score the opening touchdown. Have seven catches seventy five yards. He by the way, now, all time playoff catches, Kelsey is in second to Jerry Rice. Touchdowns Kelsey is in second to Jerry Rice. Yards Kelsey is in second to Jerry Rice. He is the second greatest playoff receiving threat of all time bar none. That's your second first team All Pro Travis Kelcey. The third was Chris Jones, who got the ball back for the Chiefs with that third down sack of Joe Burrow after I gotta tell you there was a moment I had some trepidation in that game, the third and sixteen conversion, the third and sixteen conversion, I was like, you got you can't you can't recover from something like that. And Chris Jones on the very next set of downs ends the drive with a sack. Mahomes then gets the ball, and the last First team All Pro on the team is the punter, who, by the way, had a brilliant game, and that coffin corner pump with two and a half minutes left set everything in motion. And you can say it's silly to be focused on that, let me tell you this much think that Bengals punter wants the line drive down the middle of the field back that he kicked the sky moore with forty seconds left. So all of the Chiefs' best players stepped up. Frank Clark was excellent, the young corners were good enough right and Chiefs she and Brett Beach pachecko seventh round pick. How many big catches and runs did he have? Watson's seventh round pick another interception, Sky Moore rookie, the big punt return, Carl Loftis rookie, Sack McDuffie, rookie kept you know, did his best. If you would on Chasin Higgins, It's an unbelievable game, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, so you are admitting that there were some doubts along the way.
Speaker 2: The third and when they converted the third and sixteen, it was a emotionally devastating moment, is what I'll call it.
Speaker 3: All right. So Burrow obviously had many chances that his fourth straight three point win over Mahomes. With Mahomes finally beating Burrow, it's officially a rivalry. I doubt this will be the last time these two square off in a championship game. Do you think Mahomes and Burrough is the next Manning or Brady situation? Or is it too early to tell?
Speaker 2: Here's my problem with these Manning Brady comes Who's who? So with Manning Brady, this was what I tried to point out with the Josh Allen Mahomes thing. With Manning Brady, Manning at all the stats Brady does, all.
Speaker 3: The winning Mahomes w is have to be Brady, But he's not quite yet, Brady, because.
Speaker 2: But Mahomes is also manning. He has way better stats than Burrough. Mahomes one is about to win the second MVP, Borrel's never won one. Mahomes is going to his third Super Bowl. Burrow's been to one like there, So right now, Patrick Mahomes is both guys. That's the problem, the problem with any of these comps. Here's what I'll say. Ever, everybody was convinced Mahomes Allen, We're gonna get it for years and years and years. Now everybody's gonna be convinced Mahomes, Burrow, we're gonna get it for years and years and years. But the Prince is coming. Don't get it twisted there. At one point, justin Herbert is not gonna have the worst injury luck in a bad coaching situation. The consistent part of this will be Mahomes. Those other guys are gonna be fighting each other and yeah, sure. And here's the other thing, man, The Bengals got a real tough call this offseason. Are they gonna run it back one more year and then lose T Higgins for basically nothing? Or are they gonna trade T Higgins this offseason? Similar to what the Chiefs did with Tyreek Hill. It's a tough pill to swallow, but you gotta pay Burrow this offseason. You're paying Chase next offseason. There's no way you can pay Higgins as well. So the Bengals and the Bengals offensive line will be healthier. I understand all that, But this idea that they're just gonna be in it every year, that's not how this works. The Chiefs and the Patriots, each of them have at least one of them has been in the last twelve AFC Championship games. Twelve AFC Championship games where the Chiefs Patriots have been in it. Okay, why am I bringing that up? Because they have played in those twelve games the following teams, the raven the Broncos, the Colts, the Steelers, the Jaguars, the Titans, the Bills, the Bengals. So the Patriots dynasty, the Chiefs dynasty, which will be a dynasty here shortly. That's twelve times half of the bracket and one of them, both of it has been one of those teams in those twelve games they have played again, Ravens, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Jags, Titans, Bills, Bengals. That's eight. So the other the rest of the AFC, half of them have made it at least once hard to make this game a bunch of times. Credit to the Bengals for making it a couple of times. The Broncos during the Manning era made it a couple of times. The Ravens made it a couple of times. Hard to make this game a bunch So this idea that we're just gonna get Burrow Mahomes maybe or maybe next year in the first round, Tyler Huntley doesn't fumble the ball and the Bengals go out in round one maybe hard to get there. You got to take advantage of your opportunities. And here's what I know about rivalries. Yeah, you're right. The Bengals have won three that they had won three. I'm very happy for them. One mattered. One game mattered, and it was the one in the AFC Championship Game last year. But Patrick Mahomes now has played five years in this league. He has made the Super Bowl in three of those five and the two years he didn't, he lost in overtime of the conference championship game. One of those years while never touching the ball. So history says you want to beat Patrick Mahomes. You can hope he has his once every five years meltdown like he did last year, or have Tom Brady. Other than that he's winning next.
Speaker 3: All right, So we got the poll. It's is Mahomes brow the next man Manning Brady? Fifty say yes, forty seven percent say no.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask one other question real quick before we move on. So I did the quarterback rankings on last week's TV show, and I think on this as well, where I said the updated rankings are Mahomes one, Burrow two. This was after Burrow Allen, and the third best quarterback in football is Patrick Mahomes on one leg. Deman, say, do I need to update those rankings because Patrick Mahomes, sures Hell, seemed like the better quarterback yesterday and he was on one leg or the the accurate updated rankings Mahomes one, Mahomes on one leg two, and then everybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's say I gotta put Jalen Hurts in there.
Speaker 2: Jalen Maybe Jalen Hurts after Mahomes on one leg or before Mahomes on one leg between them, But okay, all right, we'll see all right, let's go to the Eagles and jail hurts.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, a.
Speaker 3: Team that you gave little credit to doubted all season is in the Super Bowl as well. Yeah, thoroughly beat down on the beat down a team on their fourth QB in San Francisco. Yep. But more importantly, they shut down your fifty to one ticket. Are you nervous for the matchup or are you gonna act like everything's all good?
Speaker 2: All right, listen, of course I'm nervous for the matchup. The Eagles defensive line is excellent. The running game is excellent. Now, Jalen didn't play very well in that game, but he didn't need to, right, He does seem to be banged up, and I don't understand why when that game was clearly in hand, they just kept running him, including on a drive board. It seemed like he kind of got hurt on a run. Then they ran three more run plays. But here's what, listen, I was wrong about Philly now it is. I will say this. You know, mahomes path to the Super Bowl was the Prince and then Joe Burrow. Had Joe Burrow made it, his path would have been Josh Allen and then Mahomes right in the last two rounds, the Eagles got Daniel Jones and then Josh Johnson and then brock Perty who wasn't allowed to throw. Credit to them, though you play who's in front of you. Does the NFL need to figure out a way to get some more good quarterbacks and that conference? Maybe, But that's that's not what I want to focus on here. What I want to focus on is the Eagles won that game. Yes, because of the quarterback injury, but before the quarterback injury, they were the sharper team, they were the better coach team. So all year long they've gone for fourth downs. They didn't change that. Because it's the conference championship game, fourth and three, they go for it. Now, the thing is they didn't really get it right. And this is where NFL, this is where Kyle Shanahan must be better. And I Demons can attest to this in real time. I said it before we got any of the replays. I Demond was in a bit of a fog because he had a first touchdown scoring prop on Christian McCaffrey and he was very upset that the Eagles were driving. But yes, do that again, Okay, did I or did I not point that out as it happened. So it's fourth and three. DeVante Smith catches that long pass. We don't get a great replay of it in real time from Fox, but Davonte Smith starts signaling something. He's punching his fist together, and the entire Eagles team rushes. The moment that happens on as big of a play as you can have. It's a turnover, it's fourth down. I know it's the first quarter, and I know you want to be careful with challenges, But the moment you see the opposition doing that when the guy who made the catch is the one letting everyone know we've got a hurry on that high leverage of a play. Shanahan, you must drop your challenge flag. Now let me tell you something else. And you and I talked about this eventually, because there's always reaction to the reactions, right, Eventually, teams will start doing that recognizing, oh wait, the guy who caught it's kind of freaking out. Let's go, let's challenge the play. The reaction to that is what and this is why I should do a weekend coaching consultancy charge all these teams one hundred grand or a quarter million a team, and everyone would be better. There is a really smart pivot to that, which is teach your guys on crazy catches that you know you got. Let's have a different signal where we're all gonna hurry, but we're not actually gonna snap it. We're gonna pretend we're hurrying to see if we can bait them into a bad challenge. Right, but teams aren't sophisticated enough yet to worry about that.
Speaker 3: Eventually they'll get there.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing about Shanahan. Shanahan is a brilliant play designer, a brilliant offensive mind. His in game coaching has left a lot to be desired over the years, a lot. He gets very conservative in these games, and that was a nick Sirianni taught these guys. Hey, guys, we need to have a somewhat subtle signal that everyone knows. If we think we got lucky on a call to get everyone down there and they executed it perfectly. If that doesn't happen, it's zero zero Niners ball near midfield, and maybe Purty eventually gets hurt, but maybe not. That one play changed the entire trajectory of that game. That was a coaching note. So credit to Devonte Smith, credit to the Eagles, And that's a bad job by Shanahan because I noticed him and I thought.
Speaker 3: And then they made it even crazier.
Speaker 2: The replay made it crystal clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, made it.
Speaker 2: But they didn't get the replay in time. But you can't be so dependent on the replay, you just can't be. It was, by the way, the exact same uh type of catch non catch Tony would have had in the Chiefs game, and that one was exact opposite happened. And so it's odd though, because it was actually lucky for Philly that that wasn't a touchdown because touchdowns are automatically with you, you know what I mean. So that because it was the perfect spot for them to get lucky on it, but they also had to execute. DeVante first of all, had to go up and snag it so it could have been a catch, and then had to because what you sometimes see guys do on plays like that is then like celebrate, you know what I mean, like hold the ball out, do old thing to try to like pretend they got it. But that gives the other team more time. So great job, great job by them. Now, as far as my confidence level, listen, I believe the Chiefs are the better team. I believe the Chiefs have the best player on the field, and I believe the Chiefs defense just did something it hasn't done one time in the entire Mahomes zero can say where as big of a reason for that win as.
Speaker 3: The offense was.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I mean they stepped up huge in that fourth quarter. Special teams. With that said, Eagles have built one hell of a roster. There's gonna be a great super Bowl. I'm not gonna but I do want to see if Jalen Hurts is as compromise physically as he appeared to be in this game. Because the other part about that game is there were so it's seven to seven, the Niners are out of quarterbacks, they're gonna be able to get off the field. They had one drive where they had what five defensive penalties that extended the drive. Then the very next drive, Josh Johnson just drops the ball and now it's twenty one to seven and it's over. So I oddly didn't think Philly was overwhelming in that spot. The Niners were just in a really rough spot.
Speaker 3: Next, Yeah, for a team as good as the Niners are, they're in a bit of a conundrum. Yeah. San Francisco invested heavily and Trey Lance a few seasons ago, but party was obviously great. Who do you predict will be the weak one starter in the Bay next year?
Speaker 2: Trey Lance? Trey Lance, Guys, I know nobody likes when I do this, but you know what I really care about that degree, your rivals ranking coming out of high school? How good the entire world thought you were. Coming out of college and the entire world watch brock Perty play four years of college football and the entire world passed on him seven times or more. In the draft, the entire world saw Trey Lance play basically one year of small college football and he went in the top three. Now, you can say the Niners reached on him, but he was going to be a first round pick no matter what Purdy needed to have. In order for him to be the unquestioned Week one starter, he needed to win the Super Bowl. Had they just gotten there, I don't think it would have been unquestioned. Now there seems to be some Tom Brady smoke again with the Niners. I think Brady is going to the Raiders personally Josh McDaniels. Yeah, so the Raiders got rid of car. Josh McDaniels was his offensive coordinator. There's a lot of reasons I think that, But I think Trey Lance is going to get every opportunity to win that job, because, yeah, they invested three first round picks in him, but also they have to decide whether you know the third is fifth year option is they gotta make the decision on that after next year. I and the idea that Trey Lance. Listen, Trey Lance when he played last season played fine. This year. His first game he was bad, but it was truly in a monsoon in Chicago. And then the second game he played like one drive and got his leg broke. So we don't know if he's good or not. I know that there were reports they didn't love him in training camp and all that stuff. Rock Party. You can't go into the year with Brock Purty being your guy. If you want to be your backup and feel great about your backup situation, fine, but Trey Lance is going to be the starter. What's the poll question?
Speaker 3: All right? Who will be the Week one starter? Of forty six percent say Lance, it's a prety twelve percent, thirteen percent say other.
Speaker 2: All right, We've got still got a lot more to do. We've got games to play. We're gonna talk a little Rogers and Brady. I'm gonna find more ways to talk about how god dog brilliant Patrick Mahomes was. We'll do it all next. What's Right?
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblas, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back. In episode one twenty four, What's Right with Nick Wright? As we have a Chiefs Eagles Super Bowl, two best teams all year to a healthy teams. Now we'll see what the Chiefs wide receiver injuries are. Snead I think they got to have Snead back. The loss of Lagerius Snead in this game, it was really worrisome for me. Now, his injury was a concussion, which given the fact that it's two weeks until the Super Bowl, he's not a guy who's had a bunch of concussions, you expect him to be back, right. But I mean Tony the Kadarius Tony who got hurt that was the knock on him with the Giants was hurt all the time. He's been hurting out twice with the Chiefs. Hardman had been out for two and a half months. Came back and by the way, shout out to Hardman because he came back.
Speaker 3: And got banged up and got well.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the play he got hurt on, which might be his last play of the season, because you missed two and a half months, come back and then get hurt again, he might be done for He might not be ready in two weeks, was a third down catch on a drive we scored a touchdown, So shout out to him. And then Juju. The broadcast just didn't recognize that Juju was injured. They were talking about how they had all the backups in, but there's no Can I tell you something, It was not a great job by CBS Bruck. It just wasn't a great broadcast. I apologize Romo was wrong a half dozen times. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to throw stones here, but it wasn't a great broadcast, all right. Before we get to the next topic, the so there was the question of is Burrow Mahomes the next Manning Brady? And I said, how could it be when when Mahomes is Both guys shout out to president and founder of Blue Duck Media Gabe Goodwin, who was one of the very first people to ever be nice to me when Fox hired me, kind of took me under his wing a little bit, showed me around the campus. And I give Gabe a hard time because Gabe sometimes tweets about podcasts he likes more than my podcast during my podcast, but he did build this company that produces this show. He also just had a I grade how good a sports take is in my own head based on whether or not when I read it. I'm jealous that I didn't come up with it, and Gabe just came up with one that's so good that I'm giving them all these compliments of being so nice to him, in part because I'm gonna say this on television today as if it were my own. You guys, everyone watching on YouTube can know it came from Gabe. But this one for the TV audience, your buddy Nick Wright came up with this one. Gabe wrote, It's not Manning Brady, it's Tiger versus the field, Sergio, Phil Duval, Rory Speed, or Alan, Herbert Lawrence, It's Burrow, et cetera. He is exactly right. There will be a different rival that pop up each time, with the consistent being Mahomes will be the hammer. And will he win every single major? Will he win every single AFC Championship game in every single Super Bowl? No, but he will be there and then the other guys will rotate. Yeah, that's exactly what it is. And so it's not a Federer Nadal situation or Federer Djokovic where there's three great guys and it's it's more Sampris versus all the guys of his era where he was the consistent guy and then it rotated. It's exactly right, Gabe. It's a great point, and I'm so glad that I came up with it. All right, next Demanse.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll circle back to the super Bowl in a second. But one other huge story came out in the NFL. You predicted Rogers to the Jets and Brady's to the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can show the those you ye, go ahead.
Speaker 3: The moves would mean that every top quarterback outside of Hurts would reside in the AFC. That can Kyler will be top three and will be the top three NFCQ quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead. If your predictions are right, will either of them ever be relevant again?
Speaker 2: Not to win championships?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And by the way, like I don't know if Rogers and Brady are still top quarterbacks their top quarterback names. Now, I do think Rogers on the Jets could they should be a playoff team. They would have been a playoff team this year with Jimmy Garoppolo. I mean they just got knee capped by their quarterback situation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: That defense is awesome, they have skilled position guys. They're getting Bryce hallback or Breece hallback and Garrett Wilson's awesome. So I but listen that we've talked about this before and we talked about it live when it happened. Not Hackett got the Broncos job because, according to Chris Collinsworth, Rot Rogers loved playing cornhole with him and he made Rogers laugh when they were in Green Bay together. They and they thought they were gonna get Rogers. They didn't. The Jets just hired him to run the offense. He ran the Jags offense, which was terrible, and then years ago and then he ran the Packers offense. But he didn't really run the Packers offense because Mike Lafleur or Matt Lafleur, whichever one, which one's there, Matt lafor Mike Lafleur was the Packers or the Geez. Matt Lafleur is the Green Bay Packers head Coachnat Hackett worked for him. Mike Lafleur, his brother was the Jets offensive coordinator who just got fired. Fornat Hackett to come in for him. Point is this, they're doing this to get Rogers. I think they're getting Rogers now. When it comes to Brady, the Dolphins came out and said we're no, that's not true. Schefter reported that the Dolphins are sticking with Dua, who, by the way, can't participate in the Pro Bowl because he's still in concussion protocol. It's a little concerning. Also, it also means that there is a chance that the Pro Bowl has to go to the fourth alternate, which would be Tyler Huntley. Tyler Huntley Pro Bowl. I don't understand how that one works, that one like, hey, I don't get it. I promise you, I don't get it. But set that aside.
Speaker 3: Uh, the.
Speaker 2: So the Dolphins, if they're really off the board for Brady, the only possibilities are San Francisco. But I think they need to see Trey play Tennessee and the Raiders. Josh McDaniels is with the Raiders. They have Devontae Adams, they have Josh Jacobs. They they just got rid of Derek Carr. You do all those things. I would imagine you don't get rid of Derek Carr without a plan, and the plan is not stittle. So I think it's Brady to the Raiders and Rogers to the Jets. All right, let's play a game.
Speaker 3: All right, today we're playing right or wrong teams with the two best records in the and the NFL are headed to the Super Bowl. So does this mean that they're the two best or did a better team miss out? Right or wrong? The two best teams are in the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: No, I think given the quarterback injuries to San Francisco, these are the two best teams. The Chiefs are clearly one of the two best teams and the Niners. Listen, you can't certain they lost three quarterbacks to what looks like season ending injuries. You can't survive it. Do I think the Niners fully healthier, better than the Eagles. I do, but you know it's a war of attrition, so to speak. The Eagles, by the way, lost a quarterback. They're quarterback for a few weeks this year, but they had played well enough leading up to it they were still able to be the one seed. What it does mean is this, If the Chiefs win this Super Bowl, they will have beaten every team that matters this year. They beat the Bengals, the Niners are on a twelve game winning streak that the last team to beat them was the Chiefs, and now they get the Eagles. They beat the Chargers twice, they beat the Bills, they beat Tom Brady. They beat every team that matters this year except for Buffalo. I guess sorry, Buffalo, hang the banner. You beat the you beat the Chiefs, but it didn't matter for you the the four or five. If you it's really rare to have a season where you end up being able to say you the entirety of the final four, except for you can't beat yourself. The Chiefs now have that opportunity. So I do think these are the two best teams. Listen, I was too low on Philly. They've proven it, and I didn't work into well I gave. I didn't give them getting the buy in the one seed enough credit for what it was going to mean for them, that they were going to be able to get a little healthier in the by and that they were I was just certain the Vikings were going to beat the Giants and Philly would be playing a real team in Round two, be it Dallas or Tampa. Now Tampa ended up not being a real team, but Dallas had given Philly trouble this year. But because the Giants won, when you're the one seed, you get the worst team remaining. Because the playoffs reseed by the way, that helped the Chiefs do. They got the Jags and the Prince instead having to deal with Cincinnati around earlier, Buffalo around earlier. So that's where the regular season does matter. I give credit to the Eagles. Also, you know I got Demanse. So if I ever told you, I think I've told you the story about So the Eagles in twenty seventeen, my first year on TV, they have Carson Wentz. They're like, I don't know, thirteen and one or something. The Eagles in twenty seven team had a guy named Carson Wentz. Well, you know, Carson Wentz is but that year he looked like he was gonna be League MVP. And when a month left in the season, he was running trying to run for a touchdown, dough for it and got his leg snapped, leg broken, And I went on TV and said, Okay, you can't win the super Bowl. You had the League MVP. He's done for the year. You're not winning the Super Bowl. Then they kept winning, right, so they were the one seed that year as well. They played in the NFC Championship game against Minnesota. My TV partner at the time was Chris Carter Vikings Legen, so Chris and I along with Dusty went to Eagles. Vikings tripped to Super Bowl on the line and sat in the Vikings owner's box demanse. These Eagles fans started a f Nick Wright chant were pounding on the glass at the thing. I mean, they were rabid with anger. That game started seven to nothing Minnesota and ended thirty eight to seven Philly, and I was I wouldn't afraid, but I thought it could get sideways on me for real. These Eagles fans don't mess around. So now I've done it again where I've doubted. The Eagles said they were gonna be one and done, they find themselves in the super Bowl. The difference is I now like to go to Philly a lot. I play poker there. Your mom likes to shop there. We take weekend trips to Philly like once every couple of months. I don't I don't know if I'm welcome, and so it's kind of a bad beat for me. They got great casinos. I love playing cards there. But listen, shout out to the Birds.
Speaker 3: We did the Chiefs win. I feel like you got some respect out there, man, disrespectful respect Chiefs Eagles, respectful disrespect.
Speaker 2: All right, next, all right?
Speaker 3: The Bengals spent all week tempting fate by calling Arrowhead Burrowhead.
Speaker 2: It's the stupidest I've ever heard. Sorry for cursing YouTube balls.
Speaker 3: Even the bey of the Cincinnati got into it with the whole paternity test thing though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the mayor of Cincinnati claimed to have a paternity test, saying Joe Burrow is Patrick Mahomes's father. Yeah, it's crazy, it's wildly wild.
Speaker 3: That's like, uh, that's like Madden trolley yeah something. Yeah, go ahead, Well the chief's clearly noticed. Did it actually matter in your opinion? Right or wrong? The Bengals would have won if they didn't talk so much mess.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say wrong. But here's what I'm gonna say. I used to believe bulletin board material was a figment of the media's imagination. It's like, okay, so you're telling me to trip to the super Bowl. It's the best players in the world. You know, they weren't gonna be at peak motivation, but now because somebody said something, they're gonna try harder. Logically, it never made sense to me. Okay, but literally every great athlete ever seems to talk about this. That we saw what they said. It bothered us. We were disrespected teams like the Bengals against the Bills did seem to play better because they were angry that they thought the NFL wanted Chiefs Bills they were selling those Dickens. And then the Bengals flipped the whole thing because they couldn't help themselves and they wanted to talk trash. The one guy who didn't do.
Speaker 3: It was Burrow.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow knew better, but Eli Apple couldn't stop talking. Mike Hilton couldn't stop talking. All these guys, ch chirp, chirp, we're the U. Joe, what did Joe Mixon? Did Joe Mixon play yesterday? Yeah, let me let no. I know he played, but I want to know what he did because Joe Mixon were the big dogs. Now, let's see Joe, Joe Mixon had eight carries? How many yards do you think he had on those eight carries?
Speaker 3: Eight nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a nice to Night's two point three seven five yards per care By the way, I know him so annoying, But I got to see if I got that exactly right to the one thousand nineteen divided by eight? Is it two point three seven five? Let's find out together. Oh, you know what, I gotta tell you, you're really you're really dealing with a special brain over here, my friend. I mean, I mean, I mean, just nail it. Good job, Joe Mixon, good job, good effort. They got three catches for fifteen yards, so Joe Mixon touched the ball eleven times. Got a grand total of thirty four yards on those eleven touches. That's three point zero nine yards per touch. By the way, the Nines repeating, uh, good job, big dogs of the AFC. Yeah, they talked too much trash and I tried to bait Quinton the American City, my buddy into firing on that Maren Cincinnati, But I think their buddies, so I don't think he's gonna do it. It was out razy, all right?
Speaker 3: Next, all right, Every year the media picks one storyline to run with for two weeks. This year, you're Reid facing Philly as X team or the Kelsey bros becoming the first brothers to play against each other and are huge stories. Obviously, it's also the first time two black quarterbacks face off. What is it going to be right or wrong? Kelsey brothers facing off is the best storyline of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: No, I think Andy Reid against the Eagles is the best storyline better. I mean, listen, I want it.
Speaker 3: But brothers have faced off in the Super Bowl before. Correct, was it Shanahan coaching brothers have coaching?
Speaker 2: No? No, it was harble harble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Ravens versus the the Ravens versus the Niners. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that was probably an unnecessary curse therapy. Here's what I want to say about Andy Reid. Andy Reid coached in Philly for how many years? Fourteen years? Here's here's the games they how many games they won each year's first year they won five, then eleven, eleven, twelve, twelve, thirteen, on your six, ten, eight, nine, eleven, ten, eight four fire. They made the playoffs nine times. They won a playoff game seven years that he was there. They made the conference championship game five times with Andy Reid there. Okay, now they only won that conference championship game once for Andy to get redemption. It's all time stuff. And by the way, list of coach playoff wins wiki. I okay, so Andy Reid now when it comes to playoff victories all time, excuse me, he is in second place by himself with twenty one. Only Belichick is ahead of him. So Andy Reid is the second most uh second most playoff wins ever, and when it comes to regular season wins, he's fifth all time at two forty seven. He will next year pass Tom Landry and it will just be Don Shula, George Hallis, and Bill Belichick ahead of him. The guy's a legend, a true legend. And I think that's a bigger story. The Kelsey brothers thing is unbelievable. But here's why I don't think it's gonna be as big of a story. One is, they won't match up against each other. They both obviously play on offense.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The other thing is we right now might be like in the golden age of NFL brothers. So Travis Kelcey and Jason Kelsey both hall of famers in my opinion. Joey Bosa and Nicki Bosa not Hall of famers yet, but hall of fame talent, and TJ. Watt one no doubt, hall of famer one in route with a third brother, Derek, who's fine as a fullback. We got a lot of the and then on a lower level, Quinnin and Quincy Williams who play on the Jets together the Yeah, well, it also kind of shows you that kids out there, if you want to be a pro athlete, I wish you luck and you should try as hard as you can and chase your dreams. Also, it kind of helps if your dad was an awesome athlete. Hey, kind of helps if you're like and I know, demands. You don't always you don't know if you're gonna have kids or not, or what you're gonna do. But if you do decide at some point you want to have kids, and it's like two girls that you're deciding who do I want to be serious with? Yeah, you could maybe air on the side of like if one of them played college volleyball or something.
Speaker 3: Right you know, I'm getting a call. Sorry, guys, I'm getting a call right now from Kansas City or Kansas. Do you think this is any chance this is about my driver's license?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Go answer it, Go answer it. Just go see what it is. Who cares it to? I said, go answer it. I'm very curious if it is, let's find out together, Demanta, if that is about your driver's license? Just doing a podcast. He's so worried about his driver's license. I was telling him, giving him life advice about whether about who he should have kids with. So the the last point that I was not about your driver's license, they hung up on you. You got fried. I guess you'll find out together. Uh so the I don't think the Kelsey brothers are gonna be the dominant story, but I think it will be a big story. All right, they're calling again. Let's just find out together. Oh that's Gabe. Okay, all right, Next, what's the next question?
Speaker 3: All right? So the Big Game is on Fox this year, So I have two questions. First off, right or wrong? Nick will be attending the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Person wrong, I'm gonna I'm gonna be in Arizona the week of I'm gonna be doing shows for Fox.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to go to the game. You don't want to go?
Speaker 2: No, I don't like I don't like watching. I would be more interested in going to the game if the Chiefs weren't playing it. I don't like watching.
Speaker 3: You don't really get to I don't want.
Speaker 2: To be around people. I don't want to be I there's no there's no great No, I don't want to be there. So No, I'm not going. Someone gave me tickets, I'd give them away to somebody. I don't want to go. It's too much, all right, it's just too much. I get anxious just thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Next, I guess next question is if somebody ends up giving you those super Bowl tickets, will you give them to me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, why did I give them to you? Oh? I was just the second question is just kind of like a relevant Now why because it's yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Demonte would be attending the super Bowl in person. No, that's wrong as well. Uh, Now I am curious to see. Here's what I want. Here's what I'm gonna do between now and the super Bowl. I usually just like ignore requests people if I don't have a relationship with the person already and they're like, hey, come on my show or do this or whatever, I just ignore it, just don't respond. I'm going to every request that I get for any media this week that isn't from a friend or someone that I've done stuff with before, I'm gonna reply and say I'm unavailable. However, you can get my podcast co host Aman Day, and you're gonna end up doing like radio hits and feels. I'm very excited for it. All right, we've got a few more. We got what we gotta talk for a moment about how the Lakers game ended, and we've got to get to your guys questions in the final block of the show, take a quick break. We'll see if Demandy makes this whole break without taking a personal call. We'll do that next. What's right? Oh, we're back, Hey, welcome back in episode one twenty four. Sorry, I was reading some of the listener comments or viewer comments, which have been excellent. By the way, please type in your comments now. We'll get to them shortly. Gonna spend a couple minutes while we compile some more listener questions and comments in the chat. Uh talking about the basketball game from this week in demonte go right ahead, all.
Speaker 3: Right, the Lakers Celtics game was about as embarrassing as it gets. The refs missed to call on Lebron and of course he threw a tantrum.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, of course? And he's just the greatest player ever once again gets hosed by the refs. Once It's almost like the refs are as invested as the entirety of the media is in trying to tarnish this man's legacy. Guy, you can have a game winning layup to beat the Celtics on national television. Right before he breaks Kareem's record, Jason Tatum essentially tries to amputate his arm pack his arm, and the refs think, oh, Lebron just missed the rim on a layup. Give me a break, go ahead.
Speaker 3: A lot of R and B songs that are that go very well and sync with Lebron's like little Trum.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, I mean, what was that di'angelo Danielle? Was he the one who was singing shirtless? Yeah, no, that's that's not D'Angelo.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, but all right. Then Patrick Beverley took it upon himself to show a rep of camera, which resulted in it, which.
Speaker 2: Is an outrageous thing to do right before you go to overtime. He's such a clown.
Speaker 3: Then the NBA refs apologize very dramatically on Twitter. Yeah, so we're gonna show graphic for those watching on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Huh Yeah, The ref said they you know, they feel terribly and they missed it.
Speaker 3: They finally owned up to it. Right or wrong. Lebron should have just made the layup? What?
Speaker 2: Oh, go to hell? Whoever wrote this question? We should have just made the layup he got. Do people think Jason Tatum is not a big strong person? Some people needs lead MVP six aut tahlls he six ' eight. Yeah, they're about going full fourth hit him in the arm. I I you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and say that that was not a makeable layup. Hey, go ahead. It looks so wrong.
Speaker 3: The ref said they missed the angle. What do you have to say about this angle? Looks like a travel to me?
Speaker 2: Oh, give me break, We're gonna now all of a sudden this Oh okay, one, two, okay, guys, three, okay, it's obviously not a travel. That is a gas and then a step and a half. That's first of all, second of all, stop it. We're having a great day. I'm not gonna go to the next question.
Speaker 3: So what about Patrick Beverley? Though here's him with the camera. A lot of people were wondering what he was looking at on that. But thank god, we have amazing technology and we can show you exactly what we were looking at.
Speaker 2: Let me see, I think we're gonna zoom, We're zoom in Oh, oh oh, this is saying edging cowards and then crying. Okay, I wasn't crying, all right, close call, Yeah, I could have won fifty thousand, Yeah, you know, sixteen thousand. Oh if I would have cashed out, never looked myself in the mirror again, cash out cash out an all time great bet. You know what? Hey, and we'll get the question here in a second. I want to tell America something. If you are cash if you are taking the cash out option, you're gambling over your head. If you are taking the cash out option, unless it is like a twenty leg parlay, you put twenty bucks on and now they're offering you, you know, tens of thousands of dollars to cash out. That's a separate circumstance. But if it is a reasonable bet and you are like, oh I got a cash out, I can't let this ride, then you're gambling for too much money. Whatever your budget is, you're gambling for too much money.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like if you're not cashing out, then you're just not watching these games, because who's to suspect that brock Purdy is going to get hurt and then the game turns out like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, listen, that's fine. I didn't anticipate Rock Party getting injured exactly. You're right, So I lose the bet. I lose the bet, and I hold my head up high. Whatever. It was a great bet, the fifty to one bet that I woke up Sunday morning the day the bet was gonna be. That bet was alive until the very last day it possibly could be alive, and the final day it is true. I bet which two teams would win the conference championship games. The morning of the conference championship games, the BET's still alive. The bet at that point in time had gone up in value fifteen fold, and then it lost. I'm I can't believe the producers and you and everyone having done this gambling show with me for five months, still thinks hedging was an option. Is never an option. You make a bet because you believe in it, and then you see how it plays out. It's the same thing that when you see people playing poker and they're like, you want to run it three times or or or you want to just chop the pot. No, no, are you here to gamble or not? Or are we are? We? Are we playing games of chance with a chance for high return some loss with some skill involved, or do we all or or if not, I mean I go be a stockbroker. There's a lot of things you can do to safely get small returns called merrill. Lynch put in a goddamn t bill. I'm here to gamble and I lost. I'm really disappointed in everybody here.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, hit your butts fellows, Okay, stop saying that. All Right, you're fifty to one super Bowl preseason bet fell just short. Obviously, if only a full team of producers beg GigE begs you to edge, but we're only a thousand people away from it. On youre k subs on YouTube, right or wrong? One hundred k is better than fifty to one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you this much right now. Now. Part of this has to do with the fact that, like I'm self aware enough to know I'm very blessed. I have a very good job. I make good money, but I am I will one hundred percent. It will be more gratifying the moment we get to one hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube, if we do it before the Super Bowl, than winning that bet would have been one is like a professional accomplishment. The other is money, they they and so. By the way, so yes, right or wrong? One hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube is way better than if I'd hit that bet new audience record. By the way, we have thirty one thousand people that have watched this in some capacity. We had over nine thousand live viewers, and are we're subscribers are worth over ninety eight thousand, eight hundred. So we could end today demonse less than a thousand people away from one hundred thousand, which means we should hit it. We should hit it by the Super Bowl, which we were fifteen thousand away when the playoffs started. I think so or something like that. So that would be great. All right, let's read some fan questions and I got to get to work, all right.
Speaker 3: The chat is loaded with oh yeah, the chat is loaded with Eagles fans today saying you didn't respect them. Are they reminding you of how the Bengals talk smack before the AFC Championship?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think there'll be much smack talk before this, and the Eagles fans talk all the smack they want to me. That's fine, I deserve it. I didn't respect them. As a top, top, top team. I thought they were a good team, and I think they were a great team. I'm still not convinced they're a great team.
Speaker 3: But they're here, and.
Speaker 2: They're healthy, and they are deep. And here's the thing, there is only one spot on the field. The Chiefs clearly have the edge in the Super Bowl. It's quarterback. Chiefs have a good old line that Eagles have the best o line. The Chiefs for second league. In sacks, the Chiefs are first. I'm sorry, the Chiefs for second league in the sacks. The Eagles were first in the league in sacks. There's Oh my goodness, there's someone from Pennsylvan. Now I'm getting a phone call. It's from Pennsylvania. I wonder if it's a trolling Eagles fan. Uh. The Eagles. They have two star receivers in Devontae Smith and A. J. Brown. The Chiefs currently have none. I guess the Chiefs are better at tight end too. But that's it. And so it's gonna be can Mahomes put the team on his back and can Andy Reid scheme it up? And by the way, we might get to ninety nine thousand subscribers for the end of Day Show, We're less than thirty away.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, Jack Rudolph says, what potential guests, athlete or not? Do you want the most to come on? What's right?
Speaker 2: I mean, if I could have anybody in the sports world, it'd be on. Yeah, I also would. I'd like to get Kelsey on. I think Kelsey would actually be more fun. I'd like to get Mahomes on. If Mahomes post Super Bowl felt comfortable enough to be honest, not that he's not honest, but he's very, very buttoned up, you know what I mean. He's never said anything. Yeah, I mean, listen, he's a billion dollar brand. I get it. Kelsey, on the other hand, just be flying. There was I think my favorite, maybe my favorite Chief celebration video ever came last night when Mahomes is getting interviewed on the sideline after the game and Mahomes is literally saying, first of all, all praise goes to God, and before he can even finish thanking God, Kelsey comes over. He's laughing like a maniac and just goes burrow ahead, my ass, this is mahomes house. Hey, It's just Mahomes is thanking God and Kelsey's just being a total lunatic reconably so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. By the way, we just hit ninety nine thousand subscribers. Sorry if we didn't get to your questions or comments. I'll see you guys in three hours on television. Uh. Should be the best rated show we've ever done. At least that's what I'm shooting for. We're gonna do that on TV. This is the best podcast we've ever done. Great job everybody. Talk to you guys on Thursday, see at three pm on FS one. We'll try