Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte? Oh my goodness, everybody, welcome back to Are You a Charlotte? We have a very special guest today. This is my first time meeting her. She is amazing. Her name is Mickey Guiton. Mickey is a singer songwriter who is known for her single what Are You Going to Tell?
Speaker 2: Her?
Speaker 1: And Black Like Me? And she became the first black woman to ever be nominated in the Best Country Solo Performance category. So she is a joy. She's also on a show called The Singer, which is China's most competitive music show, which has an average of one hundred and fifteen million viewers. One hundred and fifteen million viewers. It's insane. She is a country music star. I don't like her, right, I look very Are you look amazing? Okay? I love your hair, I love your holl loook. My daughter would be like, how do I make that happen? I didn't hear all the details? Amazing, I would not have looked like this. Well, you look fantastic and I love it so much. And do you live here or do you live in Nashville? I live here in Nashville. Great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my bed as a lawyer and he practices out here. Got it, And so I guess I am a Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get there. We'll get there. You wait, you wait, we'll get there. But that's great. My publicist and best friend also lives in Nashville and here, and she has chickens and horses and all this stuff there. I don't have that, but yet. Well, I mean, one day you could get that if you want that. That's really why she moved there, because she wanted to the land that ye have that life back or really I guess for the first time. But she she missed it, so she feels awesome. Yeah, she loves it so much. This is great. Sometimes. You know, there's a lot of flying involved. Yes, we can flight. It's it's tough. Yeah. It could be worse though, Yeah, it could be worse. It could be worse. I was just in China. That flight was very long. Because you're on to show that. I was about this, so I got the opportunity. It's basically what I like to describe it.
Speaker 2: The show is called The Singer, and I would describe it as like Master Chef for singers.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you're getting judged by the audience. There's no judges. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: But it's all professional singers like jesse Ja has done this. Charlie Pooth was there. Wow, a guy a Christian vocalist named and Voice winner Jordan Smith was on it, and Adam Lambert.
Speaker 1: It's a really massive show.
Speaker 2: And I was out there for three months and I competed with artists from around the world, Chinese artists.
Speaker 1: Wow. That was crazy. Wow. I have been to China and the jet lag. Oh, it's so painful.
Speaker 2: I'm still I've been back for almost a month and I'm still exhausted.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's hard, really hard. It's really hard.
Speaker 2: And I even got this like Circadian rhythm. It's called the flight Kit.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 2: It works, but I've worked when I was there, But when I came back I didn't take it properly.
Speaker 1: I was just done. Yeah, okay, I've seen it. I'm always like, no, no, it work. It really does work. Will be fighting for your life. That's amazing. So do you continue with this show or is it? Are you done? I'm done? I got second place, got it? Yeah, yeah, it was me.
Speaker 2: It was such a My son went with me. Out there my husband, and it was just such an.
Speaker 1: Eye opening experience. I can't even imagine being on a competition show in it. Yeah. Wow, it was wild. Also didn't have some kind of insane audience like one hundred and twelve million people or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Crazy, It was like every week it was like singing at the super Bowl every week.
Speaker 1: It was insane.
Speaker 2: There's so many people in China and I was just getting exposed to such a really cool audience.
Speaker 1: Wow. It gave me gifts amazing. Oh that is one thing when you travel in Asia, they give you gifts and made me feel like a terrible person. Is all I did was bring merch and I was like, here's a shirt.
Speaker 2: While they're giving me like one hundred flower bouquets.
Speaker 1: Oh. The sweetish thing about Asian culture, don't you think? It's very polite? And they also squeal in a very high pitched way. Do you want to know my nickname? Tell me? They started calling me mama, mommy, mommy. I started, God, yeah, that's so nice. Did they also sometimes cry all.
Speaker 2: The time all the time, like they're very you know, it made me really think about you know, especially Asians here in America and after experiencing like their hearts and the love and the sensitivity and how they wear their hearts on their sleeves. It made me think of Asian hate so much more out here because.
Speaker 1: There's a sweetness. Yeah, there's a sweetness, and that is I don't think understood necessarily as a cultural phenomenon. Yeah, I know that when we when we did the films, we went to Tokyo, I guess it was the second film, and first of all, it was next level type production to have anything entertainment related. I mean, he rose out of a stage like something that you guys do in a music world, you know, we rose out of a stage. We were terrified. We were like, what do you do when you guys out of stage? Then when we got to the top, we had to walk down this staircase. Oh god, I believe they're Justica and I held hands and then while all the meanwhile there I think there's smoke, like squealing right the whole time. And then by the time we got down there tears tears from the audience. I mean it was so it's so beautiful, sweet and beautiful, and you do just want to hug everybody, you know. It's a very warm, warm feeling. Same with the airport. Yes, people are there with huge gifts.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the airport, they're at the hotels, right, everybody. You just have gifts that Like I said, I was like, here's a mert shirt, thank you for this bac stemware that you just got me literally someone, Yes, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it's your merch, I feel like that's nice. Yes, yes, right nice, But it's not Bachara. You can't give it backward to everyone, I don't think. And how would you carry you? Yeah? Right, yeah, but it is very lovely fan experience, and sometimes they'll write you letters that they are I mess from Hong Kong. Yeah, it's very, very fascinating. Okay, all right, we're going to talk about the second. This is what's wonderful about Mickey. She's younger than me. I don't know how much. I'm not going to ask her, but she loves the show. It's so so wonderful, and I'm always happy to meet new people who love the show. And I love to ask people when did you first watch it? So I first So I was really.
Speaker 2: Young when Sex and the City came out, so I wasn't able to watch it when I was in high school, but I've watched all the seasons since I was probably about twenty one and forty two.
Speaker 1: Now got it.
Speaker 2: So it's been a huge part of my life the movies.
Speaker 1: Like I definitely got all dressed up. I went to the movie theater to see the vie. It was just like I cursed the day you were born. So that was a good line. That was really good. I think it's really great to this day. Thank you, hold up, hold up. It says everything that you need to say.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: I should remember that line more often in my own line. You know that is a useful useful lines. It's a useful lie, really is. Thank you for reminding me that's true. We haven't gotten to the movies yet. One day we'll get to the movies. But luckily we're kind of in where you were here to help us with episode three h two, which is in my mind when I think back, and I don't know if this is going to be true when I'm rewatching, but when I think back of that, the heyday, like the amazing part of our show when everything jelled and came together. It's season three. Yes, I love season three so much. And when. I don't know if you listen to the podcast, but I've been rewatching since the beginning, and I was very impressed with season one Season two because in my mind, we were still finding our elves. It wasn't all together, the writing and the acting and the you know everything. And now now I realized that all the pieces were there, and maybe some episodes were this or that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I thought it was perfect from start to finish. It's interesting from your perspective to hear that, you know, because sometimes you're not objective, right obviously, and also you remember what it felt like, also more so than the finished product.
Speaker 1: And so like for first season, we filmed the whole thing without anything airing, which is common now in streaming, but back then with regular like TV, you would you would be on the air and you would know what the fan reaction was, or what the ratings were, or whatever thing you cared about. And luckily HBO didn't really care about anything, which was great. They just they just wanted us to find our way, and they gave us space and they were super supportive, you know, which is awesome, so rare, so rare in our business, you know, music or especially on the TV right, especially now, it's very different. It's very unusual to have that situation. So we're so lucky that we did. But when I look back, I mean, there's so many great things. This is what's funny about this episode. Two. This episode it's called Lord Help Us, It's called politically erect you guys, Okay, wow. I mean I watched this episode and in my mind, the things that I remember about this episode, we were just back to work. So whenever we would just come back to work, it was usually February and cold, which I didn't think about it at all when I was watching this. Often when I see it, I'm like, oh, we're freezing right there, you know what I mean, I do think I have a cold in it, Like my has a cold in it. Yeah. I look a little off and my voice is a little off, but that's fine. I just you know, it's me niitpicking. But we I think this week is the weeks we would film two episodes at once. I believe this week was one hundred hour week. Oh my god. Yep. So you were just on set like twenty four hours all the time until the sun came up, Oh my god. And we're trying to talk fast like the other thing that I watched when I was Because this episode is directed by Michael Patrick King he was writing. He had come on first season to write. Darren had created the show Dren Starr, and then Michael Patrick was our second writer who came on and he really understood comedy, which was great. So he infused everything with a lot more comedic jokes and whatnot. I guess, I mean they're not joke jokes, yeah, sitcom, but you know, funny, funny things, funny moments. Yeah. And like timing, he was about timing and kind of like exact timing, which was important. But this episode aired for the first time in the year two thousand, which means we made it probably. I think we usually came on in June, Yeah, June eleventh, So we started filming in February of that year, and then the episode would come on in June. Once we got going. That was what we did. We'd go in February pretending it was the summer freezing in New York. February, it's freezing, it's gnarly, and you know what we wear, yeah, tiny little girl, really cute thing, thank you. Okay, So here we are. We're in Politically Erect now. As I said, what I remember about this is Slattery John Slattery, and this was his second episode, and I just remember it being just fantastic, right, So then when I rewatched it, I'm like, this is dark. Yeah, I was kind of, uh, it's so irrelevant in like kind of a frightening way. I mean I had just so many moments of like, oh god, yeah, you know, and also like just how different the world is in ways that we could never have seen coming in the air two thousand never.
Speaker 2: It's so sad.
Speaker 1: It really is so sad, and it makes me just I mean, obviously we know that our you know, political lives have like created this kind of really negative, argumentative, divided one thousand culture, which is so bad for the country. It is, i mean, whether we agree or don't agree, like the tenor of the conversation is problematic. Isn't that so wild?
Speaker 2: Yes, that it's like politics, like what that is has like divided a country.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I try my hardest not to straight on talk about politics. But we have a show call Politically or Correct, and it's literally about a politician who has it been fantasy. Yeah, it's really hard not to talk about it, like it's so wild, sane, relevant, and the thing about it is so interesting and well, let's just talk about this storyline first, because it is like super fascinating. I think, for one thing, John Slattery is a fantastic actor and a great guy and so fun and so loose, which is what I remember and think of, of course, And of course since then he's been a Madman and he's amazing and everyone knows him now, which is such a joy to have an actor that we all knew because he's in New York and Sarah Jessica knew him and everybody knew him, and then to have him go on to this huge success is wonderful. But then to see that he actually kind of plays an it character and so.
Speaker 2: Well, right, it was so natural, like right, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: And if you think about mad Men, he also kind of is an a character. But Slattery's charm is such that's it you don't realize, right, Like it kind of smooths it over, you know, to where you're just like you're handsome and I mean so non threatening. I don't know about non threatening.
Speaker 2: He is threatening, right, but like like when they're good looking like that, Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: What is it about you? Definitely something most most definitely has the it. He has the it factor for sure, because I mean, I don't know that. I don't know that I would use the word threatening or non threatening. But he's so charismatic that in a room you can't not be aware of him. You know, in the flag there, you just don't know what color it is, yes, exactly. You don't know if it's good or bad. But I mean slattery in life, it's good. And that's what's funny about when you watch the show, you're like, oh, no, it's not good, it's bad the character, no, no bueno. But slattery in life, yes, yes, yes, all the way. Yes, right, he's just a joy. So it's really interesting to look back because of course you don't remember what's on the screen necessary, right, you remember the vibe you know in the room, and you just knew something was coming. You just didn't know what it was going to be. And this is my other admission about the storyline. I thought the way that I remembered it was that he wants to pee on Carrie, right, But that is not what it is. She wants. He wants her to pee on him. What on earth? You know this it's hard to talk about, right, but this is the potent the show. Right here we are. It's twenty twenty five, and this show came out in two thousand, one hundred, two thousand with nothing on it, and we still have trouble talking about it. But this is what I want to ask you about because you're younger than me, so to me, when I look at our just culture in general around sexuality, it has advanced, right in terms of like people are more free to be who they are and to like what they like. And you know, they'll say things like, you know, this is my kink. It's you know, don't shame it. You know, there's that vibe out there, right, But I mean for me, it's hard for me to understand that this what do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I just because something similar happened to like one of my absolute best friends.
Speaker 1: Oh, tell us all about it. So I can't name her name. Of course she would kill me, but it's fine. She was dating this guy and I he was a little actor, oh handsome, Oh no.
Speaker 2: Like beauty fall really and they were like they just came together and like we thought, oh, this is.
Speaker 1: About to be your man, like this is gonna be so good. I'm so happy for you. And it was all going well until he wanted to sit on her face. Oh no, and he had like, oh, oh no, no, don't say anything else. Don't say aything else. That's horrible. What did she do?
Speaker 2: It was something that she could just it was very this whole thing, like she just couldn't follow through with that.
Speaker 1: Like, I guess that's like, but this is what I think is really really important. She knock him like whatever it is that you do, but that's not I'm not coming. And I think that's what's so important is you absolutely have to stand up for what is good for you. For you, right this we were not prepared for that. No, but you know what, this is the show, right, this is the thing is that we're going to talk about stuff. Okay, But the thing that I think is important is on the one hand, yes, let's not knock people for what they like. But on the other hand, don't do something you're uncomfortable with women, especially I feel, do not do something you are comfortable with, not ever, ever, wherever the camera is, ever do anything that you're not uncomfortable with.
Speaker 2: You cay say no and you can leave that situation definitely often, especially you know, I'm a millennial, Like we we're just taught to kind of keep our mouths shut and kind of deal with things.
Speaker 1: You feel like, that's true very much so. I think there's a lot of unlearning in my generation for sure. Oh wow, Yeah, I think that's certainly true for my generation. I don't even know that we've unlearned it. I don't think we have. I think we're trying to unlearn in a process. It is a process, like, but that's why we talk.
Speaker 2: About it, right right, and the listeners these stories because you know, we've all been in compromising situations and you can absolute you get out of that. You can say, no, this is weird. I don't knock it, but this is weird for me, right right.
Speaker 1: And that's a delicate line. But I think that is something as a society that we're kind of learning, which I think is great because it usually just be like, you know, oh my god or whatever, like the you know, you can't talk about it, right and not talking about it is not helping, you know, Let's talk about it. Definitely. Yeah, that's the joy of our show and our podcast. We must also talk about it on podcasts. The thing that was so interesting to me. So when we when we start the episode, she says, the voiceover says, so I had been dating whatever his name is. Hold on my politician Bill Kelly. Bill Kelly, such a politician name for three weeks. But she's full on in like Jackie O Year, which I love so much. She's got the nice sunglasses. She says, she went shopping. She found a vintage coat. Yes, the flowers are in full bloom. We are suddenly in the full bloom carry flower era and it is great. I mean, who knew. We certainly did not know at the time that this was going to be a huge thing that would follow us for thirty years. It never has a left. I know. It's durable. It's a durable I mean, I'll see dress this nowhere. I'm like, well, I can't wear that because there's a big flower and it what a bummer. I'd love to wear it, I can't wear it, you know what I mean. It's Carrie right, it's so interesting. But that I love that that became a thing.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that that because of you who you are, that that's something you have to Yeah, I have to.
Speaker 1: Go through a whole thought process, like oh, that's a carry thing I can't wear. And then I'll think like, oh, well look at this just and they'll be like, oh, see that, Charlotte. But I've been playing for so long while, right, But then I'm like, well, do I want to look like Charlotte for that event? Or do I not want to look like Charlotte for that event? Those are my only two choices because it's a lifetime commitment. It's a lifelong commitment, but it's a commitment that I'm happy to have.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, I feel like it's a rare, rare thing that's lightning in a bottle.
Speaker 1: Definitely what you experienced, Definitely.
Speaker 2: It's the phenomena of that and what that did for so many women.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness. It empowered women so much. I know, we had no idea. We had no idea that was going to Yeah, like, we had no idea, and I stay their lives here in the Sex and the City. I don't know about that, but that's very sweet. But I did also think there was a moment where I'm going to jump to the end of their storyline for a second. But so basically, here's flattery, his handsome handsome self playing this politician, and here's Carrie really like committing to being on the campaign trail with him, which I was. I didn't remember that. I was like, she's on the campaign campaign and they're trying to put buttons on her and her vintage jacket, you know what I mean. I was it was very impressive. So she's somehow just like fully in it, which I feel like, this is the first time that you're seeing her maybe the Justin Threaux character, also because she loved his family, but this is the first time you're seeing her with someone other than where you feel like, oh, it might work, which is then why it's really sad. Of course when it doesn't work because of this thing that he wants her to do or she just can't bring herself to do. But at the very end, when he so basically she very sweetly tries to come up with all the other things she could do. She says something like, you know, maybe when we're having sex, we could run some water or tea some hot tea. Oh my gosh. It made me laugh so hard because it was the suitest. She really was trying to compromise in like the most adorable way, and I love the way they filmed it because he's in the shower and you can't see his face, and she's sitting in the bathroom like so sweet, you know, totally, and she's so kind of vulnerable, and you can see how much she really likes him, that she's trying to make this work out, you know, which is kind of I feel like rare for her. I don't know if that's true. I feel like it's a little rare for anyone other than Big, right, for Big obviously a lot of compromises well, but for other people, we haven't really seen that, like it let it go right. She didn't want to. She didn't want to let it go. She wanted to make it work out. She wanted to be on the campaign trail looking like all Jackieoa. You know. It was like a fun part for her to play kind of, so she's trying to make it work and then you know, he's silent in the shower for a while, and then he moves the shower curtain and he says, oh, you know, I wanted to tell you something, and he's kind of a bit of a jerk, and she goes, uh huh in her cute little vulnerable face. Uh huh, and he says, you know, uh, you know how I was telling you. I read the column and you know, there are people in my life in the campaign who feel like maybe it was a little much. And she's like, oh, and you could just see her wheels exactly, Like what what does he mean? And then he says, you know, they were just thinking that right in the middle of a campaign, that I shouldn't be, you know, dating a sex columnist. She was like, ah, but wait a minute, you wanted me to pee on it exactly. And then he says, but nobody knows that, right, and the exactly she has the power of her column, which is a great thing, but it also so reminded me. In the writing this was written by Darren directed my Michael Patrick, we were still battling this kind of sexist reaction to the show, and I feel like that's what they were writing in there, because there were still people who would write articles like, well, this show is silly, but it's obviously caught on. You know, it was always like kind of a hit against it, this is a show about women. Because they didn't understand it exactly and because it wasn't you know what they considered Prestige TV, right, Like Prestige TV was about gangsters killing people. No offense to the sopranos because we love them, but you know that was like serious, you know, Emmy town, let's go right, we were the girls talking about sex. So they'd be like, oh, you know this show with all these girls, but we don't do that in exactly right, And it was so we battled that for so long, and I felt like that was what they were kind of writing in. Also like that you could get put down really quickly because of that, which is what you see him do to her, like, yes, I'm a politician who would like you to pee on me, but I'm still going to dismiss you because you're just a sex communist, yes, which is so itck. But also I love how they so it's yeah, I agree, I agree, But I also love how they were. So I feel like because we were living these things, you know, as a group, because here we are, we loved our show so much. We were so committed. We've got a hundred hour week going on, right, Like no one in our lives has seen us except for ourselves in the show and behind the scenes, right, Like that's how committed, Like we love our show so much. Michael Patrick and I were just talking about this with them, just like that we we live in Los Angeles with our families and we leave to go to New York to do the show. That's how much we love it, right, And so then for people to say like that we weren't committed or that we weren't somehow do our best, it just hurts, you know because.
Speaker 2: Which is wild to me that they would say that, but that this episode was very indicative to what you were going through in real life.
Speaker 1: Yep. I mean always they're always writing something in that way, but it was It's always just funny to me when they write that party, right, I mean, like the critique is like inherent in the plot.
Speaker 2: You know that God Forbid for women are sexy, beautiful, intelligent.
Speaker 1: And have a body that they love and want.
Speaker 2: To date, Like God forbid, that that's something they have, and that the fact that they put that down right, and that's I guess that's what film does, right, Like, I mean, that's what we try to do when we're lucky enough to get a green light?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know what I'm saying? Which is a struggle that also people don't even understand I know.
Speaker 2: And even like imagine like every year hoping your show gets picked back up. That is like such an incredible pressure and you sacrificing so much for that.
Speaker 1: That's true. But I mean I think all of acting is like that, right, So if you're if you're even even in it, you know that's inherent, you know, which is a crazy lifestyle for sure. You never know what's going to happen ever, ever, ever, which is true for everyone in kind of the cosmic says yes, but in actors world, it's like true on a day to day, do you know what I mean? You could get a big job tomorrow, or you could get no job for a year, you know, and that's still really true. I mean people think somehow that at some point that's not true. No, it's always true. It did never gets better. You just might have money in the bank, which is of course wonderful, you know what I mean? Right, So, sometimes I have trouble sticking to my I do I have a have a d D. God, we can jump it back and forth. I might have a d D. As for sure, okay, sure, okay, for sure, I love it.
Speaker 2: If I was reading a book and you confess to a murder, I would have never heard it. I could just be in my book and I would that's kind of wondering. So do you ever need to confess anything to me? Just come to me and I'll read my book and I will literally not hear anything.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question. We're going to get we're going to get back to the ship, but I want to ask you a question. Do you feel that this helps your creative life?
Speaker 2: Like talking about yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah, it helps it the lot of my life, Like I can clean a whole entire house because I have add because I'd go from room the room, room to roomed room until like three hours later and then the whole house is clean.
Speaker 1: But it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it's like I will go to the bathroom and go wipe the mirrors down and be like, oh, I got to put this laundry up. And then I'll go down and go down to the laundry room and put the laundry in and be like, oh, I need to go mop.
Speaker 1: The floors, and it's just this whole thing. It's terrible, but yes, it does. One of the things I think about in terms of, you know, actors and music and all the creative things because we don't have like a regular desk job right where you're having to go to the same place every time and do the same thing. Even sex and the city, which we've been doing all together, you know, since the year nineteen ninety eight, still very different, right, everywhere we went every day is different. You're in a different place, you have different actors, you have different lines. Hopefully you're with the same people, which is a joy as an actor for me at least, But it's you don't get into acting thinking that's going to happen. You get into acting thinking you're going to get this challenge over here and then hopefully this challenge over here, and hopefully this challenge over here. And I think that there's a lot to be said for the creative arts and ADHD working well together because also it's so interesting. It's kind of a heightened world, right, Like you're performing. It makes your dopamine, like you get a jolt, right and you're up in a heightened world, yes, which I feel like connects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you feel that absolutely one thousand percent now that you think about it. And I think having ADHD enables you, like you said to bounce between jobs, and it's like cleaning the house, right, right, Yeah, exactly, You're able to do all these things and compartmentalize, right, your different emotions.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right at you. And I think about right now, I think about these things. I mean, because apparently I might have adh Yeah, it's all right, I definitely do. Well. I'm glad that you definitely do and that you know it for you and that you can use it to channel things. Okay, back to the episode. Back to the episode. Okay, let me ask you, because this is what I've decided to do now. I like to stick with one storyline, right and kind of like suss it out because it's interesting to look at how they develop it over the show, right, and what happens. And I love I'm curious. Do you love Brady David David Eigenberg, Steve Brady? I mean you don't. I can tell my face. Oh my god, tell me, no, No, I do, I do? I do? Tell me. Do you not think he's right for Miranda? I do think he's right for Miranda. Okay, but sometimes during this episode I thought he doesn't ye because when he meets, you know, at the party, that's uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I was really, really really uncomfortable, you know, knowing where the show ends up, it makes so much sense that they weren't. They were never going to be right together.
Speaker 1: It's so fascinating, right because now we know so much more and you're watching it with a different understanding. But also the thing that I think is so First of all, I think Eigenberg is a great actor, great so anytime they're together, I'm very much woud by Hagenberg because Cynthia is a very powerful actor as well, and he more than holds his own with her, you know, so like, for instance, that scene in Bedrury tells her that he loves her first of all, that is the scene when he holds her breast in a way that I do not find attractive. And I was very unhappy with him and unhappy with everyone on the set that day that they did not protect Cynthia better and I wanted to do it right, like wow, that it was not realizing. Yeah, I mean, I'm afraid it might be real life for some people life, you know what I'm trying to say. Let me just like squeeze it. Yeah, Like it looked painful, but it didn't look no, And I was like, why didn't someone just say just sure it wasn't sexy because it looked like it hurt.
Speaker 2: I think that might have been also, like I think all of the sex scenes they had together, he always made me feel a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting, I feel when I watch Eigenberg. It's interesting for me now because at the time, there's too much going on for me to really think about Eigenberg, right, And I didn't hardly ever get to work with him, you know, And I tried to get him on the podcast and he just cannot come because he can't remember anything he says, and he doesn't want to talk about his work, which I find so adorable. Yeah, but part of the reason I think that that is true is that he is so unbelievably real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we're not watching it because he's so awkward, and it's it makes so much sense.
Speaker 1: Right, Like it's like he's not acting. I know that he's acting, and he's a very good actor, but he's just so real, and like those sex scenes are so real seeming compared to all the others, especially right, Like they're very different. So one look at me like you're in a protective. You're protective mode, which I am too. Just the squeezing of the breast is just really it really upset me at the time. We're just like I know, And I said to Cynthia, I was like, Sin, I am going to come to the set the next time that you have a sexy with Ignborg and I'm going to have a chat with him. And she was like, no, you're not. It was fine because she has no vanity or or self awareness or anything meaning in a good question, totally squeeze him, you know what I mean. I was like, babe, how'd you get through that day? How many times you have to do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A lot? O sure? Hey. But back to the scene. He tells her in that scene that he loves her and it's so good, and I didn't remember it. I was really disqueezing at the boobs, but like I was like, what's going to happen because it's just so good. You don't even know what he's going to say. It's so good and she's so good. But I did also love before that when he they're walking down the street and you know, she's all her powerful corporate self and he's his kind of adorable goofy self. And he's talking about how he wants to go steady and she looks, I mean look like he so doesn't read her. Like her face is like no, no, but she doesn't say it. She just thinks it, I know, right, I know she always want I.
Speaker 2: Think she always thought her character always thought she deserves something better.
Speaker 1: But see, then my question is, and I think it's hard for me to totally separate from Charlotte's journey, right, like what would have been better? I don't know, I know, do you know what I mean? Like maybe Blair Underwood. I mean he was so good, right, I.
Speaker 2: Loved their relationship together, so maybe Blinda loved with you know Steve of course, like that was one of my favorite things when she was like I love you and.
Speaker 1: Of course of course of course, And I mean they that whole were not to that season yet, but that the way that they played, the two of them, Yeah, they were so writing, so sot and just just sad sad. Side note. We were planning a way to bring Blair back to and just like that, I know, right, like Dagger to the park, right like Dagger Dagger that we didn't get to do that. I'm not even going to get into the wise that we didn't get to do that, but we had a plan. We were so excited, I know, right, because we need Blair in everything and everything that we do. He was everything right, and I remember at the time being so excited we got it. But I don't mean to diminish. I can burg because there's a part of me where I feel and I feel like perfect.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything was so perfect right and he because of humans, you're out in a way.
Speaker 1: Yes, that kind of Harry, even Charlotte out. So even though we're very far from finding Harry. When I watched them, I do think about the fact that they're different, and the fact that they're different might be a positive. Oh, it's it's perfect.
Speaker 2: Like you need someone when you have someone like you know, Cindy or Miranda's character. She was so strong, so indecisive, so independent. She needed someone that annoyed her just enough.
Speaker 1: But he was so sweet. She was like a puppy dog. He is sometimes like a puppy dog, that's true. And I feel a little afraid for him. I feel a little afraid for him. Sometimes he can handle it because peppy dogs like you know, that's true. That's true, but you know, because they had already broken up. They're for the first round. We have been season two, and he just looks so hurt when they break up that time, like so hurt. So I do feel concerned for him a little bit also, I think because we know where it's going. Yeah, so it's hard not to feel a little bit worse. I know, we're like, oh, you'll be fine, well kind of and kind of noteh like it's sad. I don't know. I had a lot of sad and weird feelings watching this particular episode. I tell you, I don't know if it's just my mood today or whatever, but it was a lot it was. I think it's because it's so relevant to today. Yeah, and I think you're right in a way that you just can't even it's even stronger right now, like I do see like his resonance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you even see like gen z that are in the dating world right now, you felt.
Speaker 1: That when you're watching it.
Speaker 2: I mean, like that's what I was thinking about, really, you know, like you know, like women that are liberal that you know, we'll go on these dating apps and what you see it's so relevant.
Speaker 1: And compromising, like wanting to compromise, wanting to make you want.
Speaker 2: Because I genuinely feel like people really do want to meet somebody definitely, and I have to make those considerations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a real thing, you know, Yes I do. Oh my god, yes, I see I'm single, So I totally O God, I know I'm single. And you know I'm not willing to compromise. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't, You're sure, You're just like, I'm I'm fine all by myself.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. Well, I got my kids, so I I everything. You hear them, you know, Yeah, I told I tell them.
Speaker 2: If my husband and I don't make it, I like, that's it for me.
Speaker 1: Like I've found Sure you will, you know, I absolutely think we will.
Speaker 2: But you know, like I just think about it, like like you said, when you have your kids.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what else do you need? There are things that are missing. Don't get me wrong, absolutely, but you know it's like are you going to take time away? Yeah? And are you worth it for me to take? Definitely? That's where you are to be like me. The bar Yeah, bar.
Speaker 2: Is very very all the way in heaven right now, totally, Like it's really really high.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is too much fune talking to you, Mickey, We're gonna have to have you back. We're gonna keep going, you guys. Join us later in the week for Part two about episode three oh two. I'm not gonna say the title again.