Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World head Hours at the Star in PRIs Joe.
Speaker 4: Don't take burgers here, that's got kids, takes any points, touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s.
Speaker 1: W B see judios, welcome in. Everybody.
Speaker 3: We've got Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback with Priston Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 1: We got the whole cast and crew ready for you to right. Today.
Speaker 3: Today is Thursday. What does that mean, Josh Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: It's a say it was just Thursday? What what's the Thursday? Actually?
Speaker 5: Today cowboys offense versus defense?
Speaker 1: You know what else?
Speaker 3: Today is gonna bear down?
Speaker 1: Am I right?
Speaker 3: Fellas no no wear or not.
Speaker 6: Today is also North Texas Giving Day, Sexeak Giving Day. So for those that have a passion for helping others and impacting the lives of others. Please go do some research on foundations that might be near and dear to your heart.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to steer you one way or another.
Speaker 6: There are two foundations that I'm a part of personally a bunch of others that I that I help with and engage with. But whatever is near and dear to your heart, I would implore you to go give something, whether it's your whether it's your black rifle, coffee, money for the day, you know what I'm saying, your one cup or whatever it might be, y'all, but help somebody else today.
Speaker 1: I encourage you to do so. Love that, love it absolutely.
Speaker 2: And even if it's if, if you can't do it from a monetary reason, sign up, you know, go go volunteer, Go help out in the community.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of.
Speaker 2: Times, especially like early on in my career, I didn't have the money, I didn't have the finances, and I said, hey, like, I'll take time to go and help with different different charities.
Speaker 1: A long way.
Speaker 3: But North Texas Giving Day is there a website for that?
Speaker 1: Do you know there is? I mean, we'll look at the exact.
Speaker 2: One as we go along, but we'll continue to update you there. But yeah, feel free, go go go do it.
Speaker 1: Go do a good human. Do it now. If you're.
Speaker 5: Time, you have the extra money.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, The Cowboys do a lot too, so there's time they do that. They have their own foundations and things of that nature. So again, whatever is near and do to your heart, whatever that you're passionate about. I guarantee you there's a foundation that is attached to it.
Speaker 3: Good North Texas Giving Day dot org. So there you go. All right, Patrick, what's what the orange hat? We're playing the Bears this week?
Speaker 1: Dude has start. I'm just saying I start on the Cowboys and it matches the shirt. It does match.
Speaker 3: It does match the marble shirt.
Speaker 5: What I think Patrick's gonna do. It's gonna match his shirt. He's gonna match the shirt's gonna match. Shoes is gonna match the hat.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the match game he does. It is. I'm colored, thank you? What this also is white, black and blue? That's what this is? More of a cream circle type orange.
Speaker 3: Like cream sickles are orange.
Speaker 6: I said, it's more of a creamsickle variant of orange. It's got I got you now.
Speaker 1: I hate it here get into some news and was in notes.
Speaker 6: First of all and last of all, Cowboys injury report came out yesterday. It's the first one of the week versus the Bears. As expected to Ron Bland did not participate with the foot injury. No, he is not trending in a the he's not trending toward plane before the against the Bears.
Speaker 1: So that stock. They have a lot of weapons though the Bears. Yes, no, they have. They have a couple.
Speaker 6: We talked about it yesterday and QB Vision is going to talk about it today. They do have a couple. They don't have what the Eagles had. But nonetheless, if oh darn Bland didn't practice with the foot injury, I would I would pencil him out of this week. We'll see how he goes. Trevon Diggs mispracticed with an illness. H Tyler guy in he was limited with a shoulder Yesterday was a walkthrough, by the way, so simulated practice. It's key to note that. And Cavante Turpin was limited with his neck injury. So here's what's key about Cavante Turpin. So I spoke with Turpin immediately after the game with versus the Giants. He had the neck brace on. I said, hey, Turp, are you okay? He said, I'm good, I'm good, okay. Day before yesterday I saw him walking around the building without the neck brace. On yesterday again without the neck brace, and now he's limited participant in the walkthrough.
Speaker 1: Take that.
Speaker 6: Combine it with what Jerry Jones is told one to five three the Fan, which Steven Jones is told on a five three the Fan, and what Brian Schottenheimer has told the media as a whole, and it Turpin is in a great position to potentially play this week and not miss any time. Is it guaranteed? No has to go through the week, has a couple of actuals. So today will be shells and then tomorrow will be full padded. He has to get through those two practices before the Cowboys can clear him. But he's at least on a positive track towards Chicago.
Speaker 5: If you guys are coaching the team and you see this opportunity here for Kvante Terpin, if he's not one hundred percent, do you put him out there against the Bears and risk possibly the future for Kvante Terpin possibly missing more if he gets if he reaggravates that injury in his neck.
Speaker 1: For me, it depends on what the injury is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know, right so, yes, when you see it hasn't so when you see that it's a Nick injury, right fully, so you get a little anxious.
Speaker 1: It'sfully so it is scary, especially in this league.
Speaker 6: Right But if it's if it's muscular as opposed to you know, structural structural. If it's simply muscular and you know, a spasm muscle or something that needs to be massaged out or worked out, then I'm fine with that. If it's structural, I don't think that they would risk it at all because they know of all teams, they know what it means.
Speaker 5: Of course, in the all the precautions for it. I'm just saying, like just surface level. If it's anything really, I don't want them out against the past now.
Speaker 6: If it's anything related to structural, I'm a hard no on that.
Speaker 3: Josh is asking the question that pops up on Madden.
Speaker 6: And yeah, substitute press X.
Speaker 3: He stays in, but he's got a high risk of injury, like reinjury. That's what That's what Josh is asking. I'm letting them if that were MEWS.
Speaker 6: This is a team that knows plenty of dirt on it, and I'm sure pour some testing on that thing. This is a Cowboy's medical staff. Then you talk about doctor Cooper, I mean they are extremely proficient with diagnosing and working through neckish. I mean they're not going to take it at the Clark for example, who did the moon, who found the moon? Clark's injury pre draft, who did the procedure? Cowboys, they're kind of proficient with. Next late Van Dersh and the issues that he had, and you saw how precautious they were with him.
Speaker 1: The fact that.
Speaker 6: Cavante I don't like, Hey looking at me, I get what you're saying. The fact that Cavante is even allowed to participate in a walk through right now with no neck breaks. That tells me that hopefully it's not structural. It's probably just muscular. They're trying to work some things out.
Speaker 3: Tyler dyiton concern you at all with the shoulder, No, not, as we have this conversation, I've not heard any concern around the building about that. Of course, it pops up at three o'clock. It was after locker room, so we weren't able to ask anything about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: But just typically though, if there's a major concern of some sort about a will hear about it usually, you know, whether we're asking about it directly to certain people inside the building or the.
Speaker 1: News kind of wafts toward our desks.
Speaker 6: Right, So I'm not hearing anything about childick go. And also saw Tyler Guit in the locker room yesterday after practice, and he was in good spirits.
Speaker 1: He was fine, you know, he was slapping five.
Speaker 5: He was And to be fair, Wednesday practice participation is more of an estimation because it was over.
Speaker 6: Because it was a walkthrough. So as we have this conversation, I don't have a concern in the course. Again, this is also combined with the fact that Tyler Gotton looked perfectly fine as far as his spirits and everything in the locker room. And yeah, so I don't think there's any concern there, and hopefully that stays the case.
Speaker 3: Moving into the latter parts of the injury report.
Speaker 1: You talked about digs. That's just an injury, correct.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, it's not even an injury per se, it's an illness.
Speaker 1: It's an illness.
Speaker 6: So as long as it doesn't linger, there should be no availability, no jeopardy for his availability in Chicago. Now, if you flip to the Bear side of the equation.
Speaker 3: Hamstring, hamstring, hamstring, every d.
Speaker 6: M P d m P, d m P d n P and of course you know one of the Jalen's starting cornerback, he is gonna miss indefinite amount of time for the for the Bears, that per multiple reports earlier this week. So that is definitely going to impact their ability to try to stop an offense in a passing attack that seems to be finding its groove right now.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Bears are really banged up.
Speaker 6: But on the Cowboys side of the ball, you're just looking at Fante Turpin trending in the right direction to Ron Bland. Doesn't look like he'll take the field this week. Trevon Diggs illness should work itself out over the next couple of days. In Tyler, Guyton, I don't have a concern about that right now Thursday morning, ask me again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we did have the opportunity to talk with brock Hoffman for a little Yeah, we did, of course, he's with who brock Hoffman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister gla theater himself because he he's gonna fill in for Cooper BB. We asked him about the confidence level. Of course, he's exceptionally confident, and he talked about preparing like a starter.
Speaker 1: Every single week.
Speaker 2: That way you have to you don't stay read ready. You got to stay ready all the way through. Stay ready so you don't have.
Speaker 3: To get ready.
Speaker 1: That's that's the quote.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know, it's like I always say, it's like, I don't think you came up with that, Brock.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't. I don't think that's your.
Speaker 3: Quote, but I still love it. Yeah, but uh but no, I was.
Speaker 2: I was impressed with what they had to say yesterday. And it's not like I mean, we talked.
Speaker 3: About this Monday when BB went down or Tuesday when when the news came out.
Speaker 2: We talked about the confidence level in brock k Hoffman, how how high is your confidence whenever he's the one filling in for BB.
Speaker 6: Up from Yeah, no disrespect to BB, but I look at them like one A one B. In my eyes, there's there's neither one of them are extremely dominant. So I think they both do a good job when they're in there. I like the aggressiveness of Hoffmann. I think that's going to be needed versus this aggressive front for the Bear. So yeah, I have confidence in Hoffman. I've never I've never had any issues with Hoffting. I just don't want him to get outside of himself emotionally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And one thing that I think fans forget because he has played a lot of both guard and center throughout his career here, but he said it yesterday that the comfort or his main position growing up, his number one position growing up was center. Yes, it was, and he said he only recently started playing some guard, which people forget at times, but he has the natural ability to make that move to center.
Speaker 5: And I don't want anyone to get concerned because TJ. Bass was taking reps at center in the preseason. I mean that was one of those things where I think it was more so for TJ.
Speaker 1: Bass rep steps.
Speaker 5: In and not necessarily indicative of what brock Hoffin was bringing to the table at center. He's proven that he can be a solid center, a backup center, especially on this offensive line, and he has the mystery already with the guys that are on there. So it's it's definitely not concerning to me, I'm very confident in what Brock k Hoffman is able to do. If you if you don't want anybody out, but that is a spot where you feel the most comfortable, I'd say.
Speaker 6: I could agree with that, especially when all things considered. It's it's what Josh is saying, it's what Kyle is saying, referring to Brock yesterday, reminding everyone that may not have that may have forgotten, and those that may have not known. He played center primarily in high school in North Carolina. He played center for Coastal Carolina. Primarily there. He played center ed Virginia Tech mostly when he was there. It wasn't until he got to the NFL with the Cowboys that he didn't played primarily guard. So now it's really just knocking some rust off as far as you know, pre snap as Simons reads IDs and things like that, and really the snap, which is what we were kind of concerned with, there was kind of a bot snap. But then if you go back and look at it, it's like, was that on Brock?
Speaker 1: Was that on deck?
Speaker 6: Nonetheless, that that operationation needs to be clean every single time, So that's what we have to keep an eye on.
Speaker 1: But as far as knowing the position.
Speaker 6: This is not a situation where like Cooper Beebe was trans transferring from guard at Kansas State to center, Brock was a center moved to guard, moving back to center.
Speaker 1: That's a different dynamic entirely.
Speaker 6: And I love we already know about his demeanor glass eater, lunch, pale guy, blue collar.
Speaker 1: I asked him yesterday in the locker room.
Speaker 6: I said, you know, how exciting is it to have your type of demeanor And then look to the right and see Tyler Booker, and look to the left and see Tyler smith That's three mallers. And for one of the first times ever brock Kaufman showed his teeth.
Speaker 1: He smiled. He smiled.
Speaker 6: He's like, I'm excited just thinking about the fact that the cowboys can have three mallers in the middle of that line.
Speaker 5: He's gonna bite somebody out there hands.
Speaker 6: I feel like he should be like in the opening scene for like every war movie. You know what I'm saying, war paint just coming out.
Speaker 5: The mudgets shields.
Speaker 1: A se ard or something, and in honor of the Marvel, should I have one.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna I'm just gonna calm brock Kaufman Juggernaut from now he's Juggernaut, he's Juggernut. It's the same demeanor. Once he gets going, nobody can.
Speaker 1: Get in his way. It's over it. So brock Kaufman, he jug.
Speaker 3: If he gets absolutely mauled on Sunday, we're gonna come back Monday looking like.
Speaker 6: No, you know what because because believe it or not, Oops, Juggernaut, He's he's taking some als, but he's still Juggernut. He's gonna do an interview with Colin next week's be like you know what? Like I always say, I'm a Juggernauts.
Speaker 1: What's the whole phrase? Though? Say it?
Speaker 3: Brock Kaufman. Starting at center for your Dallas Cowboys. When we come back on Talking Cowboys, it's time for a little QB vision. This is a double episode though, because.
Speaker 2: Not only do we have QB Vision in the next segment, but in segment three we gonna have some lab code.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 3: It's a double Thursday edition.
Speaker 1: Combo pack, combo handle double. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Can you stick around with more Talking Cowboys after this?
Speaker 7: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future that's why we're here providing the tools, expertise, and John Deere equipment you.
Speaker 1: Have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 5: We're with you.
Speaker 7: That's our promise to you because no matter of the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 1: Where were you? Where are you not it?
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 1: How's it going. You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched. I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent. You have some great talent and they got some fight hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 6: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 3: What would do like the power to do?
Speaker 6: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 8: I'm home, Hey.
Speaker 6: Mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: Hey can you?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hon?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine?
Speaker 3: Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 9: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guaranteed credit for fiber downtime last twenty minut some more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes some more caused by a single Incidentmpact ten more towers, stri exclusions apply a tt dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys Raw Confidence.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Invisi Line and the official Smile of the Gallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Brock has a good game. Oh man, I'm telling you right now, I'm the jugging. If he allows zero sacks. I will come in with his EyeBlack.
Speaker 1: No, you won't.
Speaker 3: I'll do it allows zero Will you say zero sacks? I feel like you're gonna be here Monday with the eye knowing. Yeah, how many pancakes. That's tougher, Yeah, that's tough. What about zero zero sacks?
Speaker 1: Zero pressures? One pressure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give them one, give them one pressure, give them one. Sure, so I'll do it less than two pressure, zero sacks. Yes, and you'll be here Monday with the EyeBlack.
Speaker 1: All right, no pressure.
Speaker 6: We need that brock. No pressure for only to see Josh in the eye.
Speaker 1: No pressures. You have to go get up with Jody and have him three D print you a juggernaut hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joy can do it.
Speaker 5: And and then we have to not address it the entire episode. I'm just wearing the EyeBlack.
Speaker 1: You just have to be oblivious to it.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gonna be like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: The lights?
Speaker 5: Get my eyes a little bit?
Speaker 3: Why pull the Amber Garcia?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she needs to do it for an episode.
Speaker 2: I don't know she's she was, she's never ever ever ever you know what we are going to do though.
Speaker 3: She's a lets funner than you guys think that's maybe all right, It's time for a little.
Speaker 1: Why Eddie, why Eddie put?
Speaker 6: It's time for QB Vision with Isaiah's stands back.
Speaker 1: Kay, we're back for another episode of QB Vision. Let that one go. Yeah you should great. I said nothing.
Speaker 6: I'm just reading some analytics here QB Vision, the Cuby Vision. So let's talk about these Chicago Bears Bear Bears.
Speaker 3: How are we on Wednesday or Thursday? And haven't even made that reference?
Speaker 1: I said it yesterday? Did you do?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 1: I wanted to see if Tommy was going to jump on it. He bears.
Speaker 6: When you guys think about the Chicago Bears defense, who are some of the star players that you that you should be aware.
Speaker 1: Of from your opinion, the one they will be without mm hmm okay.
Speaker 5: And and but a lot of guys that are already listed on the So I'll highlight a couple of guys that pop off the film for me.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 6: There's one guy, number ninety eight. His name is Montes, Montes Sweat. You guys are very familiar with him. Yes, he's a dude when he wants to be when he wants to be. There's another gentleman that's over there that hasn't necessarily showed off on film yet, but I think you still got to respect him.
Speaker 1: And that's greedy Jerry.
Speaker 6: But another gentleman that pops off the film for me is number fifty five, and Kyle helped me with this pronunciation, Dale Adingo. I believe, Okay, so he pops off. He's a right, he's a defensive end for them. He pops off the film for me. And then the last gentleman that really jumps off the film for me is number forty nine. Tremaine Edmonds. I've always liked his game. He used to play for Buffalo. He plays middle linebacker for them, tall dude with long dreads, sitting in the middle of the defense. He is very aggreat yes, absolutely dreadified, dread lock it up, very aggressive, very physical. He is really, in my eyes, the heartbeat of their defense. I believe that everything starts and stops with him. Dangbo danboo. It's three syllables.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: It actually helps you out a little bit. Absolutely it does, Daniel.
Speaker 6: But I believe that Tremaine Edmonds, in my opinion, is there is their dude. Obviously they brought in Monto a sweat paid them a bunch of money to go get good, get after quarterbacks. But in terms of being the heartbeat of the defense, I truly believe that it's forty nine. So what do they do well? I think that they get off the ball very well. On the defensive line, I think they're very aggressive. Everybody on their defense is very active with their hands. So in terms of Dallas, I believe this will be the most physical game that Dallas has had collectively.
Speaker 1: I'm not just talking about just the trenches.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about everybody defensive line does a good job of getting out the ball on time, physical with their hands.
Speaker 1: They're relentless up front. They're not going to stop.
Speaker 6: It's not going to be a first contact and then I'm stopping and try to put my hands up and knock a pass down. These guys are going to keep working their hands and keep working their second and third moves to try to get to Dak at the secondary. These guys are going to come up and they're going to put hands on you. Right when these guys decide to step to the line of scrimmage, they are going to put hands on you for not just five yards they're putting their hands on you really at the five yard mark. They're going to let you get off the ball the first five yards and then they are literally putting hands on you for the remainder of your route. So ceedee Lamb, George Pickens, Jalen Tobert even almost said Schultz Ferguson, Hey for you, guys are going to have to be physical throughout your route. So this is not ah Man, he's touching me after five yards. These guys are going to do it every single play. It's like Dennis Rodman fouling you every play and knowing that the refs aren't going to call every single one, they'll take one or two just to note that they can play that way the whole game. So this is going to be physical for everybody across the board. Coverage wise, what do they do, Well, they've had two games, two completely different opponents, with two completely different skill sets. They've shown two completely different game plans. The week one they played against Minnesota Vikings. Minnesota Vikings, well, they kind of have a rookie quarterback. So what do they say, Oh, you're a ricky, all right, We're gonna come up play a man and man and make you find a way to get the ball in the hands of these guys. We're gonna get after you. We're gonna put a little bit of pressure on you and see if you could deliver the rock.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're getting home.
Speaker 6: They were getting They were getting home quite a bit. So that was their game plan. Versus JJ McCarthy versus Ben Johnson. They're old I'm not versus Ben Johnson, versus versus the Detroit Lions are old Ben Johnson's old team. They've had to play things a little bit different. The Detroit Lions have more weapons. Okay, obviously Minnesota has Justin Jefferson, but JJ McCarthy had to get him the ball. Now you're playing against Jared Goff and he has all the resources, right, he has Williams, he has helped me out with the receiver. Yeah, I'm Brown Laporta. They had all the guys right, So you can't play them the same way that you played Minnesota. You can't be as aggressive. So what did they do? They played a lot of too high. So when you try to find the identity of this Dennis Allen defense, it's really hard to say who are they At their core? It seems like they've had a completely different game plan, just like ebra Flus had a completely different game plan from week one to week two.
Speaker 5: So it seems like they're trying to play multiple.
Speaker 1: They're trying to play multiple.
Speaker 6: But I think at their core, versus a team that has multiple weapons and a quarterback who's capable, we can clearly we can. It's safe to say that we can. We can expect a similar game plan that what we saw versus Detroit. Okay, and versus Detroit too high safty.
Speaker 5: Even though you'd think they want to throw the tape out on that on that yeah, right there, you would think so. But it's surprising that the score was what it was.
Speaker 1: But if you look at the.
Speaker 5: First quarter, in the second quarter, it didn't. It didn't start off that way.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't.
Speaker 5: It didn't start off like a snowball effect. I mean that happens more so in the second half. But like you're saying, the too high was working for them early.
Speaker 6: Too high was working early because they are running and I look at the next gen and next gen and I are just not connecting this year in terms of what they're saying coverage is versus what I'm seeing on film, So I have to disregard the analytics that I'm seeing there and go with my eye.
Speaker 1: Task because this is what I do.
Speaker 6: But too high QB vision after all, and if you guys check my socials iron the sky. So these guys run too high, but they run. They want to run different variations of cover two. And what I'm seeing is when I look at next Gen, it says they didn't play any man.
Speaker 1: That's a lie. They played.
Speaker 6: They played, they played, they played two man. But typically when you play two man, you have two high safeties. Your your cornerbacks usually sit on the inside of the receiver's leverage so that they can force the receiver towards the sideline. So they have the sideline and the safeties to be their extra defenders. These guys play two man from outside leverage and they try to force the receivers inside, so they're kind of trying to bottle them up. What that how does that put stress on their defense? Well, when you play two man from an outside technique and you allow receivers to have an inside release, yes you're funneling them all in kind of towards the middle of the field. But now as the receivers climb to the second level. As you can see if you go back and watch the Detroit Lions film, if they get to the second level and inspect down to the third level where the safeties are at. Now, these safeties, instead of just playing in their half zones, these guys are trying to cut receivers. And what that means is if a receiver comes across to my zone, I am going to take.
Speaker 1: Him as if it's man to man, right. And what happens is the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Have a huge opportunity if they can can give Dak Prescott time, George Pickens, Jalen Tolbert, Ceedee Lamb can run crossing routes all day long at the third level because these safeties are having to try to communicate at that level of who's taking who. If a tight end comes in my area, I have to take him because that's my responsibility. But if somebody else comes across, there's nobody there for him. The only person that can guard him is the person that was following him from the line of scrimmage, which is a cornerback. So safeties getting up to the safeties can cause the Bears a ton of issues. However, when you're running across from the first level to the second level. And I really mentioned the number one player from on their defense. My perspective is who Tremaine Edmonds number forty nine, the big long, the big tall dude with the long dreads. He is turning literally turning his back in a variation of Cover two and looking for color. He's looking for who's coming across the middle. I Am going to go to that individual. So you have to get over that that individual, and he's gonna follow you. So now you have the person that you started with the line of scream is following you. You have the middle linebacker that's taking the first man that crosses his face, and you have that far safety that's jumping. So now how many people is that. That's three guys taking one guy. So if you have the time up front, if you have somebody else going to opposite direction, huge opportunities for big plays.
Speaker 1: But you have to have the time upfront.
Speaker 5: You have to have the time upfront. And like you're saying, if they have guys up front that you are you're marking out. You're saying, these two guys at least on their defensive line can give you some problem they can. Your offensive line has to be at their best against these guys to give Dak the time to get downfield and get to the third level, like you're saying. But I think a big part of that also is run game. Yes, you have to establish that early and often, and you.
Speaker 6: Can do that versus them because they are twenty seventh in the league and rushing defense, they are giving up an average of one hundred and forty eight yards on the ground per game.
Speaker 1: You can run the ball on these guys.
Speaker 6: Now you're gonna have to get move them out the way because they're going to get off the ball aggressively and you got to deal with that dude forty nine who's coming downhill physically. But I think that their over aggressiveness can be utilized against them, and the type of running scheme that Dallas has shown through the first two weeks works very well against over aggressive defensive fronts because we have your encounters were run encounters, we have backside cutoffs, we have wham blocks. So these guys as they come off the ball, they're coming off looking for physicality and we're leaving the defense the inn man on the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: And then as soon as he thinks that he's free, he goes to.
Speaker 6: Try to go and make a play, and all of a sudden, the tight end is chopping his knees down or an ear holding them right. So there's a huge opportunity for big time plays, which leads me to believe that there might be an opportunity for some young running backs that can have big plays that I think that you might see because of their style of defense. So to your point, and to Josh's point, I'm glad, Ellie, because I was. I was about to go to the rushing attack first and foremost, the Cowboys ground attack led by Javonte Williams.
Speaker 1: I tweeted this out yesterday.
Speaker 6: Their averaging five point one yards per carry through the first two weeks. That's toded for third highest in the NFL. Okay, so the top three in that category. There are four rushing touchdowns, three of which belonged to Javonte Williams, also third most in the league. This is a top three rushing attack that the Cowboys are taking to Chicago. Now I'm sorry one more time. Top three who the Dallas Cowboys? Oh about the team that everybody was worried about. The running game because they didn't they didn't sign a big time run just making.
Speaker 1: Sure we're out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was worried about it.
Speaker 1: I was fair for good reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for good reason.
Speaker 1: Over the past two seasons.
Speaker 2: I've been very worried about it since Tony Pollard is no longer a part of this.
Speaker 3: Figuring it out.
Speaker 1: I told you, I said, running game is going to be solid as.
Speaker 3: Long as they can block for them up front.
Speaker 1: You said it, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: That was the head, that was the wreck he had on And now top three rushing defense.
Speaker 3: We got a long year we do.
Speaker 1: We can only talk about what we knowing from So I just wanted the people that I just want to hear it again.
Speaker 6: So through two weeks, the Football Cowboys have the top three rushing attack. They're going against a Bears defense. Rushing defense that allows the following two hundred and thirty three rushing yards over expectation.
Speaker 1: That's in the red.
Speaker 6: Let's see first downs over expectation, ten first downs over expectation. Their success rate also one of the worst in the league. All goes to what Isaiah is saying. This is the reason why they're the fifth worst rushing defense in the league. Now here's where it gets that much more enticing for the Cowboys. Not only can you run against this team, but it then sets you up for the play action And there's a play action stat coming in next segment with lab Coat.
Speaker 1: It's going to help support this.
Speaker 6: But now we look at the secondary that Isaiah so skilled will fully dissected in his QB vision segment. This is we keep saying it. This is a defense that is without Jalen Johnson with the growing injury.
Speaker 1: You know who they have.
Speaker 6: They You better not say who I think you about to say their starter?
Speaker 1: Is this you played opposite? Is it the right revenge game? I knew that's where you could go even though they lost their all corner.
Speaker 6: You know you know who was playing across from that all Prony Shawn Right.
Speaker 3: Former top one hundred pick for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Something I want to throw in, something I don't want to pick, something I do want to throw in though that that that people will look by and you probably it's probably will You'll be able to help with this. One of the greatest coaches that Dallas lost this year is where Al Harris and Chicago Chicago listen respect on our hairs we all respect the crap out of our Harris. If there is anybody in this league, I just want to throw this out there, right. They have not shown that they have been great in coverage.
Speaker 1: But if there is.
Speaker 6: Anybody who knows the weaknesses of the receivers that Dallas has at least.
Speaker 3: One of them, CD and Tolbert. But what about Pickens?
Speaker 1: Doesn't pick doesn't no picks, but he knows ball.
Speaker 3: You just talked about that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talked about.
Speaker 6: Big player for sure, But Pickens has not necessarily shown the aggressiveness of the line of scream is to date, right, So I'm just saying, I'm just putting this out there, just just to put some respect on Al Harris's name, even though the personnel doesn't seem to be there. Al Harris knows everything about the receivers that the Dallas Cowboys have. So if there was an area of opportunity for him to go to Dennis Allen and be like, hey, I notice is what we've been running. However, this is what you should do versus these guys this you might see some different things.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. You said this respect on Al's name?
Speaker 2: Really interesting yesterday, Brian Schottenheimer was asked about that like coaches versus players who are playing against teams that they're either formerly of or have played a ton of in their careers, and he said, I don't really rely on the players a whole lot, so like, let's throw Na Sean right in there as a thing. But he said coaches, I take a lot of stock in that. So Al Harris, if he's talking to Dennis Allen and he's going to his defensive coordinator and he's saying, hey, there's this, this, this, and this, then boom that there's one way.
Speaker 1: To play these guys. This frustrates him, something.
Speaker 2: That Matt eberflu said said about and when he was in the offensive meetings talking about the Chicago defense.
Speaker 1: So it does. It goes back and forth.
Speaker 2: It is just kind of an interesting chess game that happens throughout the week when.
Speaker 6: It comes to there's so much intrigue on that topic. I'm glad you brought it up because we mentioned it yesterday because one of the topics that kylpers in it to us yesterday was the emotional component Matt Eberflus going back to Chicago. But then again, you have Al Harris, and you have Kennan Matthews' former Cowboys coaches. They are now on the second Jack Sanborne, Jack Samborne. I mean there's a lot going on here. Ben Johnson versus Matt Eberflus from their time, you know, Lions versus Bears. There's a lot of cross pollinationists. Far is Shaun Wright who's going to look for the revenge game?
Speaker 1: Who's not?
Speaker 6: Now I say that, and I say this one unequivocally put respect on Al Harris's name. You have to do so we've seen what he's able to do. Most of our listeners hyeah, yeah, they do. Everybody kind of knows. And you saw Sean get get the pick six and toasted first, and he came back and got the p What was that first thing you said?
Speaker 1: Toasted?
Speaker 6: Okay, this is this is where, this is where it brings me. This is the point it brings me to without Jalen Johnson and Shaun Wright becomes one of your premier guys, one of your premiere corners in Chicago going against George Pickens and ceedee lamb. I'm taking that bet one hundred times out of one hundred times, and if I lose one of those bets. I'm still up ninety nine right. It happened, right, So, yes, Al Harris will have these guys ready, he will coach them up.
Speaker 1: Yes, but there are levels to this.
Speaker 6: If you're telling me that NA Shaun Wright can lock up CD, lamb, I'm laughing in your face. No disrespect to Sean. But again, there are levels to this. If you're telling s Wright can lock up George Pickens, I'm laughing in your face, disrespecting.
Speaker 1: He's a nephew.
Speaker 3: If he's going man to man with CD, I don't see that happening.
Speaker 1: I don't see that happening, I'm saying. But I do believe this is just me throwing it out there.
Speaker 6: I know we got get out so we can get back to I think that this might be the most emotionally challenging game for CD. The reason why I say that is because he's facing two people player that he faced every day in practice, and he's facing a coach that literally coached against him for numerous years. You know, on his team, but his guys were practicing against him every single day for the number of years they know him. And it's exactly so I listen, I can't physically beat you.
Speaker 1: So how do I get to you mentally?
Speaker 2: I'm going to be a chess patch already has been between those two.
Speaker 3: All right. When we come back here on talking cowboys.
Speaker 2: A little bit of lab cotal bit of Patrick no Cy Walker takes center stage, talks.
Speaker 3: About a little bit more of CD lamb.
Speaker 6: Huh, and then we're gonna talk about the passing attack. Passing attack based a bunch of running.
Speaker 3: Game, eh cominary football in lab coat. When we come back right after this, I'm home.
Speaker 7: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: Hey, can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine?
Speaker 3: Wow? Isn't it nice?
Speaker 1: Not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 9: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime last and twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. The strictions and exclusion apply att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back. You need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 8: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 1: Would you, Dear Doctor?
Speaker 3: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 8: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 5: To cry out?
Speaker 8: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wfball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. Remember you've got Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan. The search is on for the twenty five Fan of the Year now through September twenty ninth. Nominate extraordinary NFL fans, dynamic duos and game day changers who rip the Cowboys with pride and turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure. You could be sent the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Sixty oh, which is gonna be Crazy Cowboys.
Speaker 1: You probably could. Yeah, you think the conflict of interest.
Speaker 3: Probably a little bit?
Speaker 6: Darn who talks about conflicence honesty. Who cares interesting? Nobody cares about conflict of interest?
Speaker 3: Who else dances on a podcast for a running back who couldn't score a touchdown all year?
Speaker 1: That was that was you? That was that.
Speaker 5: You've earned that and I picked him just about every single game.
Speaker 3: Recodout in there to win at NFL dot Com slash Fan of the Year today.
Speaker 1: All right, we forgot it yesterday. I'm sorry. Pat's all good, brother, Sorry, it's all good. But you know why.
Speaker 3: It's all good. Double header, double header, Yeah, Thursday, double header. It is a matinee. It is time for some lab code. Yes, science, yesience.
Speaker 1: We got lab coat this week.
Speaker 6: Perfect segue from Segma two to this portion of lab coat. This is pulled directly from this week's Science Lab column, which will be up and live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com at eleven am Central Time.
Speaker 1: Shouts out to the web mass bang, so got some good stuff.
Speaker 6: Yes, This Science Lab is an extremely deep dive into just how hot of a start the Cowboys offense is going into Week three. Now, let's circle in on play action, because we talked about the Cowboys entering Chicago with a top three rushing defense in the league. Both and rushing touchdowns and in average yards per carry at five point one carry, primarily by Javonte Williams. He looks every bit refreshed like he is that all rookie guy for the.
Speaker 1: Denver that's without a change of pace back that's without a change of pace backing.
Speaker 6: This is going to be key because not only shoot, not only can you established a run against Chicago, but you should so. And here's why. Play action totals the Cowboys are. Completion percentage above expected is twenty four point eight roughly twenty five percent, second in the league. When Dak Prescott throws a ball off of the play action, okay, twenty five percent of that goes above the expected yardage, second best in the league. Okay, his tight window percentage, it's sixteen point eight percent, seventeen percent on non play action dropbacks.
Speaker 1: It drops to eleven percent on play action.
Speaker 6: Why is that, Isaiah, Because defensive backs and linebackers and even the adrushers have to pause. They have to give pause and respect it, Paul, they have to and respect it. So that's that's more than a five percent decrease in the tight window percentage that Dak Prescott faces when he's doing a play action passer rating. Passer rating is one oh five point six for Dak Prescott in a play action situation. That is a twenty four point increase over non play action plays.
Speaker 3: That sounds good.
Speaker 1: That is damn good. I say all of this to say good, it's damn good.
Speaker 6: Establish the run in Chicago, especially being that they have a defense that will allow you to do so. That will then strain the secondary that is already strained without Jalen Johnson on the field. And you can walk away with a convincing win in this game and do it.
Speaker 5: Any hesitation that you could generate from play action is going to give your receivers time to get to that third Levelise was talking about. So guess what, Dak Prescott, you are up?
Speaker 1: It is time?
Speaker 3: Can I uh, can I rain a little bit on the parade?
Speaker 1: Can I kick it rained?
Speaker 3: Dakota rain Dakotasy.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit? All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, Dak has not had a ton of success against Dennis Allen before. Hey, he has not. It's kind of like that factual.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Uh, they've they have faced off four times in their career, Dak and Dennis Allen. Last year, you remember what happened when Dennis Allen played against Dak Prescott in Week two of the season. It was a forty four to nineteen Saints win, right, bo, I'm just saying they're a good game of the year unpassing touchdown too. It orsceptions three sacks taken for Dak in that matchup out of the four different starts QB raiding passer rating eighty six point one. That's twenty eighth out of forty quarterbacks that have ever played against Dennis Allen.
Speaker 1: More than twice.
Speaker 3: Okay, twenty eighth out of forty.
Speaker 1: That's that's not great. It's not great.
Speaker 3: I have great I see, and I was hoping you would because I think I agree with everything, and I think the personnel is different. I think it's a different situation When you look at the stats, it's been over four straight games, so there's something to that. Give credit to Dennis Allen where they need be. But when I look at the horses, he doesn't have the same ones no going up against, and Dak has a lot very much arguably has the better horses that he's ever had in his career to work with.
Speaker 6: So what counter point you you kind of added to some of that. It's different personnel on both sides of the of the setline.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I will also add that going into week one, there was a lot rightfully in justify, fibly and accurately said about Dak Prescott's struggles against guess who Vic Fangio big find. If not for the drops, Dak Prescott and the offense might have hung close to forty on Vic Fangio, things might just be different.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: This is also a Dak Prescott this year who thus far leads the league with a seventy five percent completion percentage on third down, with eleven of those resulting in a first down. Dak Prescott is on an absolute heater. All he needs is for his receivers to catch the ball. Dennis Allen historically he's had the success, he has had some success. He's down his best corner, and he has a defensive line that will allow you to run the ball in Chicago. Combine that with what Dak is doing right now going into week three, you like it. I like it. I like Dak in this one.
Speaker 5: But the big crux to it for me is the offensive line has to be physical.
Speaker 6: They have to Hoffman has to be physical. Yes, it has to be physical TALLI Booker has to be physical. Yes, I like my eyes, like.
Speaker 1: All the above.
Speaker 5: I like above, but they got to keep that clean if they start getting to him early and Dak is, you know, scrambling in the pocket seeing ghosts. I don't like that idea of a panic deck Prescott in the pocket against the Bears. And then also you tie that into what Chicago potentially could be doing against this secondary I don't like.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Man, you get behind like you did with the Giants, and that's when I don't want to do that.
Speaker 6: Pulling from the Giants game. It's just it's critical that in our city yesterday. It's critical that the Cowboys take several lessons from that, But the major lesson is remind yourself this is a week to week league. Yes, the Bears are going too, but that also means they're desperate for Ben Johnson's first win.
Speaker 1: Ben Johnson desperate animal is.
Speaker 6: An unpredictable animal going there and play them as if you're playing the Green Bay Packers, as if you're playing the Eagles again, as if you're playing the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: You don't have to, don't play down.
Speaker 6: Do not feel that you will find yourself in a spot where you're in a I was gonna say, a dog fight, a fight with a bear. DiCaprio in the rivet, and you just don't want that fight in the woods.
Speaker 3: His final Oscar, his first Oscar, he got it done.
Speaker 1: You don't want it. You don't want a revenant situation.
Speaker 6: So go in there, get off to a fast start, quiet the crowd, demoralize the secondary, and walk out of there with hopefully a convincing win.
Speaker 2: They have a hope in Chicago that they'll win these next two games. Dallas and Las Vegas are their next two, and they go into their.
Speaker 3: Early bye week. They get a week five by that's terrible, but they would they need to win and they in their eyes, they need to be five hundred going into that. So yeah, like you said, desperation certainly playing a factor some predictions.
Speaker 5: Carol, Ben Johnson. In this press conference yesterday, we was talking about how they're practicing.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is not how a championship team practice.
Speaker 5: He's so frush straight man, and and you gotta feel for him.
Speaker 1: I do. I thought he was a really good coach.
Speaker 5: And there's a reason. I think we were all saying his name when we were doing the head coaching search.
Speaker 3: You know, he was a hot commodity.
Speaker 5: Hot commodity, and he's having a tough go so far, and.
Speaker 3: I think I think the he'll fear.
Speaker 1: Things will settled in for Ben Johnson. But not this week. Not this week.
Speaker 2: All right, that's gonna do it for us here on Talking Cowboys. When we come back tomorrow, it's time for a say it with your Chest Friday. Say it with your chest. You're gonna say it.
Speaker 1: With your chest. I'm gonna say with my chest. I'm gonna save these stats that I just found.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on.
Speaker 1: Not good. Like he doesn't like to say Eber Flews versus Ben Johnson for the last few years. It's not great. We'll we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: Say it with you chest Friday Tomorrow, nine am Central Time, right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys streaming platforms for Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah's stand Back, Chris Beam in the Back. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 7: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club