Speaker 1: They Around the NFL podcast eight Spreee and Sleeps Football from.
Speaker 2: The Chris Westling podcast studio. It's around the NFL. I am Dan Hansas. I have Greg Rosenthal and Mark Sessler here, heroes.
Speaker 3: Both just get ready for that honk attack. You know, we're talking before the show, how long is.
Speaker 4: This show going to be?
Speaker 3: Where Dan says he feels a honk attack coming. I don't think so. We're excited, but we can control it.
Speaker 1: They say.
Speaker 5: It is always Greg who likes to put out a number of how how long the show will go on for, and he it's always an absurdly low. Now doing he said fifty something, I said, Greg is a large reason. But we love to hear from Greg, but like it is a large reason why the show will go seventy five min out.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I try to humor Greg when he says that.
Speaker 4: I go, okay, okay, great, I'm just saying this Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then and then you lose feeling in your arms. It's a honk attack. But we have plenty of reason to honk yes on this show, in particular because never before since February has football felt this close.
Speaker 1: To being back. Football is back almost.
Speaker 3: I mean we're previewing an actual game games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is. We're nearing the target.
Speaker 2: It is the Thursday night OPRA is a little over twenty four hours away as we tape this, and it's the defending champion Chiefs on the field at Arrowhead, with or without Travis Kelcey. Interesting little drama to throw into things here, and we're gonna preview that game. And we're gonna preview this is a new little we talked about how we've made some changes to the show. Of course, we have our new NFL Plus offerings on Monday and Thursdays.
Speaker 4: First one this Thursday, first one.
Speaker 2: Coming up on Thursday. It's gonna be a lot of fun as we head to the Dreamatorium this year. Starting this year, we are doing three previews at least every Wednesday show, So we're gonna hit the primetime games every Wednesday on the podcast, and starting next week, every Wednesday, we'll have Colleen Wolf on the show with us, which is always a wonderful thing. Mark it is.
Speaker 5: It would be wonderful to have her today, But I like that build, that anticipation. I think what we're doing it cleans up our Thursday show because it's our draft where we draft the games and it's like we cut all the fat. But I guess if that's what you want to call it and put the streamline primetime fat and streamlined it.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's lean.
Speaker 2: That's a better way to describe it.
Speaker 1: It's a lean mess.
Speaker 2: And speaking of Colleen, and check out the Hard Knocks finale Around the NFL podcast, which was excellent yesterday. Keith Hansis was on the show talking about his thoughts and a fifty five year Jet fan and some disco fries and pork rolls were served as per New Jersey diner tradition, so it was.
Speaker 1: A fun app. Fun app. Check it out.
Speaker 2: But now Hard Knocks is over, the preseason's over, training camp's over.
Speaker 4: Our predictions aren't over, though.
Speaker 2: Our predictions aren't over because coming up after the game previews go get my lunch, your monster.
Speaker 1: What was that face?
Speaker 5: We're still using these chewing sound drops, which you know I don't approve of, but that's fine.
Speaker 1: Well just it's because it's the lunch tie into the seg.
Speaker 4: If the two of you find that sound drop appeal.
Speaker 1: Now I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have the myso that you do or.
Speaker 3: The food aitarian lifestyle that you do, but I still find it well disquiet.
Speaker 5: We're back on the same block there, same side of the street, Dan, Dragon, Mark Green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not good for the show, I have to say, but I'm going to work through it if I have If that's what this show is now, you guys just agreeing on everything. There's a real motivation there, no mark. Your your food journey is it's ever, it's ever evolving. So I know, maybe that's not even fair anymore to say that you're a food atarian ya.
Speaker 5: Does we have to be you know, stay on your heels here like things are changing week your toast or your heels, Yeah, toes.
Speaker 4: Heels would be like more relaxed. We'll me out of here, all right, Yes, go.
Speaker 1: Get my lunch.
Speaker 2: We'll do our sandwich props for the twenty twenty three regular season, right, we keep it condensed the regular season or did you guys have ones that take us through the playoffs and.
Speaker 4: Beyond regular season? For me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, good, that makes sense. All right, let's get before we get to that. We'll have a special guest at the end as well, But before any of that, let's talk about the games. And yes, let's start at I don't do Some people call it jiha field. Jiha is a g e h a field. Yeah, I don't care. I'll never ever, ever, ever use that arrowhead. Kansas City Chiefs coming off another Super Bowl conquest, that brilliant back and forth affair with the Philadelphia Eagles their reward. They open the season at home and they get the Detroit Lions. And Mark will start here that we've already touched on this a couple of times, that the Lions are in a tough spot here. They are a team that everyone kind of loves universally. It seems as an NFC team ready to take the next step. But going on the road to Casey is a tough way to start the season on Thursday night. But the Chiefs might not be fully the Chiefs in this game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we'll wait and see about Travis Kelcey. That said, I mean they've won.
Speaker 1: What happened to Travis Kelcey?
Speaker 5: So he has a bone bruise essentially, and then and they so they went and the ACL is intact. It's like it's not overly serious, but he's in a day to day situation. Seems like we will not see him tomorrow night because headline.
Speaker 3: It was felt a little overly serious. So the headline being his ACL is intact. I was just like, oh yeah, yeah, a little bit. I didn't know that was a question. It started.
Speaker 2: The report initially was that he hyper extended his knee in practice on Tuesday, and then the same thing I woke up in the morning and the headline I saw was the acls in attack. It was like, I didn't know that was in question. No, that's a season ender, obviously. If it so, If it's if it was a close call, then you're right, they're probably not gonna play him. However, Travis Kelsey doesn't miss games. He had a microfracture knee surgery way back in twenty thirteen that cost him time at the beginning of his career. He missed one game during the COVID season when he got sidelined with a positive test or a close call or whatever it was back then. Otherwise, this guy finds the field, he's a dog. If they tell him his ACL is intact, I think he'll probably be on the field. That's just my gut field.
Speaker 4: I tend to think that too. For the reasons you just mentioned.
Speaker 5: He is sort of a absolute like durability magnet. I mean, you also don't have Chris Jones if you're the Chiefs. They've won eight straight Week one matchups, and I think the question here with the Lions has been like, do I trust that you can get out of the gates.
Speaker 2: Quickly if you're Detroit?
Speaker 5: I do because the things I love about Detroit, which is their offensive line, the way that they ran the ball last year, you got the best version of Jared Goff. I think they've added some weapons that said, like, I can't think of a tougher scenario than to have to go deal with Andy Reid out of the gate if you're Dan Campbell. It's just like it's different than other teams, Like Andy Reid has probably cooked some stuff up with or without Travis Kelcey that no one's seen before. I think this Chiefs offense is going to come at you with the run in a way that we haven't seen in years past and find a new way to inflict damage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think of and Andy Reid early in the season as a cheat code. He always has a couple of things that other teams see and then copy. And this kickoff game, I think of you know when when they were the champs. But I also think of weren't they on the road in New England for the kickoff game? The rare team shoop that that that actually won that game because they put up you know, forty burger on on the Patriots. It's worrisome, but I can't think one worse thing than facing the Chiefs in Week one, which would be facing them with Chris Jones their most valuable defensive player by far, with a healthy Travis Kelce their second most important offensive player. That's a big gap between one and two. Still number two. And oh, by the way, Lugerious Sneid, the best player in their secondary, their best quarterback, has had an injury that's kept him out most of camp.
Speaker 4: He's been limited.
Speaker 3: We don't know he's if he's going to play a full compliment of that snaps, or if he's going to even play at Also, those are three pretty key players that at least give the Lions a little hope.
Speaker 2: Here's the latest on Chris Jones before we turn our attention to the lines. He was at a charity event on Wednesday and he was asked how soon he could be ready to play if he reaches a new deal.
Speaker 1: With the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: If a deal gets done, I could be out there tomorrow now. Even if the deal does get done and he's out there tomorrow, also something that feels totally plausible. I don't know if he's playing a regular compn of snaps considering how everything played out this summer. So yeah, you're probably getting a lesser version of Jones, or seeing less of Jones, a lesser version of Kelsey, or not seeing them at all. And yet the line's probably still To me, Greg, it's an uphill climb. Do you think they're offense because this casey defense, even with sneed potentially being an issue here as well. You think the offensive last year shows up for Detroit that kind of surprised teams all year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think it's the same offensive line. And yes, you're wondering which wide receiver steps up other than a mon Ross Saint Brown, But to me, it doesn't matter. They're a little like the Chiefs now, they're about the line, and in the Lions case, the system not necessarily just the quarterback. That line which is fully healthy, and actually it hasn't been. They've always been like missing one piece. But they're fully healthy here against the Chiefs defensive line without Chris Jones. Not a lot of pressure on the edges, not a lot of pressure in the middle. I mean, to me, that's as big a mismatch as Mahomes versus the Lions defense, because at least the Lions defense added so many new pieces in the secondary. I think they're very deep on the defensive line, and Mahomes is not playing with all his full complement of guys around him. To me, that offensive line versus Chiefs defensive line matchup is such a mismatch. You could see a lot of Jamir Gibbs running the ball, catching the ball down the field. They say they're going to use him in different ways that people aren't expecting. I don't know what that means. I think they always say that. I think that means as a vertical receiver. So it's it's maybe Laporta and Gibbs, and that's counting on a lot for a rookie. But Goff and those rookies can look better because you just keep winning up front over and over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: Tim Twentyman from the Lions website noted that Gibbs could potentially function as their primary downfield pass cuntra. I'm with you, Dan, right when I hear that stuff, I'm like.
Speaker 4: That's terrible. Let's see. Well, I think it's that tells.
Speaker 2: You, I mean, let's running back that they're talking. They are are lacking seriously with James and Williams out, and they're trying to find a way to use the running back that they overdrafted as their number one deep threat. It's a little bit of a red flag for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mean, like you don't have DJ Chark anymore. So it's a lot on Saint Brown, It's probably a lot on Sam Laporta, a rookie tight end who you know. I mean, I'm with you on this one too day and where it's like these rookie tight ends, it's a promising class, but you really need to see it first. That said, I think like Ben Johnson is one of these guys that last year became like a star coordinator, extremely creative, and we'll find a way to use these chiefs like pieces from different aspects. So you're missing you're missing guys at wide receiver. But like I really trust that. I think the version we got of Jared Goff behind this line can continue. I think it's this notion that he's just gonna that was a mirage and he's gonna fall off a cliff like so we'll.
Speaker 2: See he's a marksman if you give him time and give him a pocket. Once that disappears, it's kind of over. But again, Chris Jones, who knows. And I got to say, one of the the sen tenants of this podcast is winning that that trophy that that locks championship every year. And nobody likes the idea that it's back in Greg's garage.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I mean I like the fact that it's three out of four for.
Speaker 1: Me, but nobody likes it.
Speaker 3: If it becomes four out of five, I think we have to think about just calling the end of the competition just out of a mercy rule some sort of thing.
Speaker 4: If it.
Speaker 1: Have a serious conversation after the.
Speaker 4: Season, people would have just appreciated about that.
Speaker 2: With that said, I'm starting this thing off. I'm in it to win it. I did win the title two years ago. I want it back to make it two out of three. I'm locking up the Chiefs and Arrowhead. The spread is four and a half with it well within the mirror considering some of chief the Chiefs issues here, and I'm coming for you, Greg, and I'm and I'm behind Patrick Mahomes at home in a kickoff game to This isn't a field goal game to me. This is a touchdown to ten point win. Even with these issues they have on both sides of the ball, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I mean, we talked about this before the show, and I'm very tempted to do the same, but I don't think that's good show business tactics.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna wait on my lock till later.
Speaker 5: What would be an incredible tone setting disaster then for you to pick what seems like one of the most lockable games out there and then the Lions do what they did to the Packers.
Speaker 2: Guys will just both lock up the Falcons anyway, Tomorrow we'll see.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't hate on that you got a chance to lock the Chiefs. In hindsight, when we're doing our new TNF recap show already, it'll probably seem ridiculous that it was available. But I believe in this Lions team. They were the team of the Around the NFL podcast last day. You guys wanted to drop them like a bad habit, but I'm sticking with them. In general, I don't think they're gonna win.
Speaker 4: But I do think strong stage.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're gonna win, but I do think they have the depth on the defensive line.
Speaker 1: Listen to what you just said.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that whole build up, and then I'm sticking with Then.
Speaker 4: What am I gonna do pick them in this spot?
Speaker 3: But yeah, when it was at exactly the number was at seven at one point, then it was at six and a half, and then it kept and then Kelsey thing happened. Now it's down to four. Net like, I liked the Lion's side of that. If I had to choose, I still like the Lions side of that. It is a first time around, though for this secondary when we haven't talked about it too much. Cam Sutton coming off an injury, Mosley and not coming off an injury, new to the team, Mosley coming off an injury, Ced Deuce new to the team, Brian Branch new the team. I'm excited about this group, but it is the first game of the year against the Chiefs, so I just think in a shootout, you take the check.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that, because earlier you had said that they remade the secondary and they have these these weapons on offense and the offensive line is intact. That's all good, but yeah, sometimes this stuff takes time, especially, I mean, think about their defense at the beginning of last year before Aaron, They're they're firing the defensive line coach, They're and embarrassed by the Patriots, and then they brought it in for landing in a really impressive way, which is fed into all this optimism around Detroit. But I just think it's asking too much week one for the line. So if they do look out, just give us a good game. I think it's gonna be in the thirties. I think you know that over is gonna be reached in a nice little Week one.
Speaker 4: I'm hopeful they can keep it close.
Speaker 5: But this does feel like an outlier of an opener, while there is there is a variance where like, yeah, maybe it's like forty to fourteen and settle down on Detroit. I mean, I just mean it's been a compared to other openers where it's like two absolutely Kelsey injury Titans.
Speaker 1: An you think that's not.
Speaker 3: Gonna happen Kelsey injury. Yeah, Chris Jones. Like Jones, he is such a force multiplier where he helps the guys around him, who I'm not that impressed with in general, So him not there Canarius Tony is expected to have limited snaps, but isn't you know really They're like they have had a kind of a rough month relatively.
Speaker 1: All right, let us move to Sunday Night football.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, honk fist oh.
Speaker 2: I did not. I did not realize this too till right now. Both Sunday Night and Monday Night will be played at jet Life Stadium.
Speaker 4: So that's never happened. That's that's never happened.
Speaker 2: That foa. Oh, the Giants fans are upset about jet Life Stadium on a thread with some East Coasters.
Speaker 1: They don't like it.
Speaker 2: Are you hate that Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 3: I mean, how did a great job by Aaron Rodgers? But how did it take this long for that nickname even to come up come about?
Speaker 4: I guess they didn't have that.
Speaker 2: They like sucked for the entire time at Life Stadium has been open, like literally it opened I think what in twenty eleven. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like the life of the Jets is not anything people were seeking.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was open during the recks there. I don't remember.
Speaker 4: It's been a long time though, so we had the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It was because I think I saw Brett I saw I know, I saw Brett Favre play there and that was before that.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was two thousand and nine. Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants NFC East who uh both both are entering this season.
Speaker 1: Greg feeling very good.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys coming off back to back double digit win seasons. They think they could win this division and finally get over the hump and get back to at least the NFC title game. The Giants, they came out of nowhere last year, shocked everybody and made the playoffs, and they believe they could take the next step.
Speaker 1: What are you seeing in this game?
Speaker 3: I'm seeing a matchup last year that DeMarcus Lawrence specifically was a monster, And to me, that speaks to just what's great about this Cowboys team that I don't think gets enough attention, which is just their defensive line, s depth. It's just kind of crazy that they have Sam Williams, who on any other team I think would be starting. We're talking about making the leap type of guy. He's a second year pass rusher. Dwort's Armstrong who's one of the best reserve pass rushers in the league.
Speaker 4: And then you have Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Who's still playing this well across from my defensive Player of the Year favorite, Micah Parsons, and Parsons last year had one game where we really did quite well against Andrew Thomas in one game less So and Andrew Thomas is an all pro type of guy, but Evan Neil is not, and he wasn't last year as a first round pick. And Lawrence ate him for lunch last year in those two matchups and really harassed Daniel Jones, who did not play well in the first one of those games. The other was on Thanksgiving. It was a back and forth game. But it's crazy, Mark, like, they haven't beaten Dak Prescott. And I know not to put too much into these, that's with previous teams, but they haven't beaten Dak Prescott in the last ten times they played.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's although this Giants, this incarnation of the Giants, I think is even different from last year's And I feel like there's no team in the league that people sort of universally seem to be down on than what the Giants at, what they did last year, what it actually meant, and what it means for this season, like this team, because the one thing the Cowboys did on defense was they were a takeaway machine and they found a way to hassle teams week after week that the Giant's under day ball last year had the second fewest giveaways. And I think part of it is you add someone like Jalen Hyatt to the mix. What we've been hearing about Daryl Darren Waller could potentially completely change this offense if you get the good version of him.
Speaker 4: And I think people are a little too low on Daniel Jones.
Speaker 5: I know he got paid a lot of money, but I think we're on the edge of like a Daniel Jones like evolution under day ball.
Speaker 4: We're gonna see more elements of his game.
Speaker 5: They were not a deep ball team last year on any level, but he was one of the most efficient right He was the most efficient running quarterback in the league.
Speaker 4: And there are Josh Allen elements to his game.
Speaker 5: Chris Collinsworth noted that after watch kind of deeply watching his tape that he saw elements of Patrick Mahomes in terms of like, oh not stare. I know it sounds crazy, but not just automatically going to his first read with tucking the ball in and deciding what to do with it, creating space getting his wide receivers open. So I think the passing attack from Daniel Jones has a chance to make a big leap, especially with Waller there.
Speaker 4: And I think people are just a little too low on the Giants.
Speaker 3: I love it as defenses, I think that was the key, and he kind of did on that. It was a Thanksgiving game. I remember it right against the Cowboys, but he took a lot of sacks in those two games and he hasn't done it against the big defenses.
Speaker 4: He kind of ate up some bad ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's kind of the genius of Brian Dable that he did it with Josh Allen. He kind of took over and diagnosed what Josh Allen does well and had to accentuate what he does well and turned him into a superstar or helped turn him into a superstar. And then he did the same thing with Daniel Jones and looked at what he did well, what he did wrong, and what you saw last year was a lot more scrambling, a lot more first reads and taking off picking up first downs. He's near the top of the league of all quarterbacks in terms of rushing yards rushing for first downs, and it made him a much more efficient player and a less turnover prone player. Now the book is out Giant, the teams know that's what the Giants how they want to use Jones. I think the all that talk about Darren Waller, that's what's so great about the games coming now because now we can see after all this talk about how much of a difference Darren Waller we'll make for this offense in the red zone and giving Jones a true threat. Dark Waller hasn't been that guy for two years, so they're banking on him being healthy and kind of being reinvigorated within this offense. And we're gonna see it against the Cowboys, because what it teams like to do when they have a shining new toy. As soon as they get their first chance, they're gonna do everything in their power to make Waller a star in this game.
Speaker 1: And I want to see what kind of production he is.
Speaker 3: I'm very curious what dave O will do kind of for a second act here because Daniel Bellinger was a good rookie last year, a good rookie tight end if he had stayed healthy the whole season, like he had a better rookie season on some level than like Kyle Pitts was having for Atlanta. That's a nice little two tight end group. I'm not saying he's that sort of talent. Now you have all these receivers who actually stayed healthy, I'm very curious how will attack And I do think if the Giants can win this game, it's because their defensive line steps up another level because the defensive line. Dexter Lawrence was their best player last year, but Kavon has a chance to be better even than he was, and he was.
Speaker 4: But you do want a beer.
Speaker 3: O Jalari's there, like it could be a very good defensive line. Tyler Smith did. The Cowboys starting guard had a hamstring injury that they had an mry On. They've changed around their offensive line, so that's something where they could keep this game low scoring and ugly by getting a lot of pressure on Dak. But this is the same team, to be fair, that you know couldn't beat Cooper Rush last year.
Speaker 4: No they couldn't.
Speaker 5: I mean it's also you know, I know, you move on from the offensive coordinator. But with Dak in the lineup last year, the Cowboys averaged thirty points a game, the most by any starting quarterback. He also missed five games through fifteen interceptions. I know a lot of them weren't on him, but I just feel like Dak already is under immense pressure. And I think if you're Mike McCarthy and you're calling plays now, it's like there is some pressure there to get out of the gate quickly.
Speaker 4: Like a loss to the Giants would be a mega disaster.
Speaker 3: Going against two rookie cornerbacks that I've said it before here, but that that's pretty interesting Deontay Banks and then Hawkins their six round pick.
Speaker 1: The running backs where nobody's underlock. That's true. Oh, by the way, there.
Speaker 3: Is a new our favorites by the way road Favorites. I think it's like two and a half.
Speaker 4: Really not surprising.
Speaker 3: It seems about right. That's not that's in the nether zone. But yeah, they are slight favorites.
Speaker 2: Hang on one second here, I gotta find this from Davial Lely, who does great job on the desk and then he'll save me send me stuff occasionally that I would like. And here is this is on Twitter from Calvin Watkin. What a coworker. Yeah, Mike McCarthy said, the theme of the season is carpe omnia. It's Latin, right, and that means sees everything. The Cowboys have an empty picture frame in front of the team meeting room. Picture says a one thousand words. He said, wait, what, I don't know anything that everything I just read.
Speaker 3: So there's an empty picture frame and they have to make the picture.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I like the what was the phrase again, car skarpe omnia? No, I like that because sees everything? Right.
Speaker 3: If you if you just seize the day, that's just one day. When's this game played? Dan, Well, it's not Sunday football, it's Sunday night football.
Speaker 4: You leave a big hole there.
Speaker 2: In general, Yeah, strategy, there's three hundred and sixty five days. Sees the day? Or what day? What about the rest? This is everything. Good job by McCarthy.
Speaker 4: Everything everything includes you know, positives.
Speaker 2: But again, Cowboys have an empty picture frame in front of the team meeting room. Picture says a thousand words.
Speaker 4: He says, overly complex. Yeah, this is too much.
Speaker 3: If Jonathan Gannon did this, everyone would be crushing him. But you know, Macarthy's got it.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a mojo moment though he's talking. It all kind of comes back to mojo moments. The running back. The running backs are Saquon Barkley on one side, Tony Pollard on the other. Barkley had a big bounce back season last year. We'll see what he can do as an encore. What is Pollard status? Does he all systems go or.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because he never he didn't play in the preseason, but yes, they are talking about him like he's going to get a pretty heavy workload.
Speaker 2: I think, weirdly, not a lot of conversation about the guy got off the broken leg, and.
Speaker 3: That is a concern and a guy that's never been that guy as consistently as a twenty plus touch guy. So I'd like to see a little Douce fawn on my Think you Will first Sunday Night on NBC. I see U, NBC executives, I know what you're doing. What's the number one matchup in the NFL in terms of ratings over the last fifteen years?
Speaker 1: Uh fifteen years?
Speaker 3: It's Giants Eagles is giving you the answer if you look at I mean, wait, what did I just say? Giants Cowboys?
Speaker 4: I blew it.
Speaker 3: I blew it tough, the season's over.
Speaker 1: What about someone was like the Colts Pats games.
Speaker 4: But just consistently if you look at okay, no, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: And Giants Cowboys are like five or six of the top ten always in Sunday Night football.
Speaker 4: They've done this before, most so.
Speaker 3: And then you put it on week one, which is often the biggest week of the year. This is the biggest match of the biggest week of the They're gonna they're looking for They're looking.
Speaker 5: For Bondo and you know, I look, anyone was myssedify how this wound up being like the open Sunday Night.
Speaker 1: But there's always been.
Speaker 2: It used to happen a lot on the show when one or neither of the teams was relevant, like come on, let's grow up, Peter Pan. It gets monster ratings and that's all that matters. That's what TV is.
Speaker 5: I think you're pointing to the fact that the Cowboys were often dinged by certain people on the show for sucking and still getting massive primetime share the money. Well, of course, I think about you were children back then when we now were that way.
Speaker 1: Let's pick this game, tough one.
Speaker 2: I kind of like the g men and they're building here. I'm going to pick the Cowboys to win the division. Something gonna start on with the loss on the road.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's a division game. I do like division games a week one just gives a little extra.
Speaker 1: I like I like a twenty four to twenty Giants win.
Speaker 3: How about wow, I you know I was wrong. It's a three and a half point number, and that's.
Speaker 4: A little disrespectful. I think it is the Giants.
Speaker 3: But this is where I'd probably try to thread the needle, as as we like to say on a game debut, where I'd probably picked the Giants to uh cover that even though it's small, and pick the Cowboys to win.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Well, you know I do that little picks thing each week where that little picks thing, well because we sell it.
Speaker 1: Here's what you do.
Speaker 4: Like no one knows about the ones you get wrong.
Speaker 5: But if you pick like it's a sharp underdog and like you're one of the only of the ten people that did. You got all these other these people from New York saying like New Jersey great job, you believe in us. I picked the Giants, and I'm picking them right here. I'll say twenty one to twenty right, so jee men.
Speaker 3: I have to bring you guys. Know, my son's a big NFL plus guy, huge, you know. It just loves loves the you know, loves the live game, loves the local games, loves the primetime games. You can watch this one on a NFL Plus. Giants, Cowboys, good plug.
Speaker 4: Good way to you know, essentially use your child to uh write.
Speaker 3: Well, he's doing it without that even we even wanting to. They had this thing up and I was like, what is he even watching? It's like a voiceover. It's very snappy, really well done. It's predictions, and I realized it's it's the Sessler group prediction.
Speaker 1: Mark Ed Sessler.
Speaker 3: They talk about it and then they show up the predictions and I got it up into it.
Speaker 4: But I've got some news for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you entered your eight this week they had all ten up. No, mar and I didn't Sessler. I didn't see.
Speaker 1: Something Mark week one. Baby.
Speaker 5: I know exactly what happened because we were literally taping a show while the deadline was passing.
Speaker 3: So I was like, did have a weird spot that seemed almost empty.
Speaker 4: I think they were holding it.
Speaker 5: It's they are, but the I think the actual voiceover individual for those you know these people, I think I think they inserted his production prediction maybe and instead of mine for this first week.
Speaker 2: One more Okay, let's keep an eye on that going forward. One more prediction.
Speaker 4: To me at the reaction, I was like, Dak.
Speaker 2: Prescott will throw two more crucial interceptions in this game that the echo chamber will say, we're not his fault.
Speaker 5: Okay, Like there were a couple of year that were like, you know, tipped, Here's that he literally was one of the best quarterbacks in the league at preventing interceptions until last year.
Speaker 4: That's just a fact.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that's what's gonna happen in my mind mind on Sunday. Let's take a break, and then we'll get to a certain Monday night football game of incredible intrigue. All right, we're back again. If you're just joining us, which would be weird, it's a podcast. Maybe you got into the car with your buddy, and your buddy was listening to the first half hour.
Speaker 1: Of the show.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're a huge fan of this game. You looked at that description where our producer at times does the time codes and he just had to get to this game coded it.
Speaker 5: You've got two friends driving around town together.
Speaker 2: In this scenario. Just listen, just listening. Very bizarre. That's your thumb, Eric, Is it anything weird happening? It's actually surprisingly like any growth. That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: Growth.
Speaker 7: I mean it if honestly, it don't hold him up, You wouldn't. You wouldn't like, it wouldn't catch your eye too bad. The nail looks kind of fed up. The thumb itself is actually kind of it feels weird.
Speaker 2: Mark and I were looking for the sci fi element. If you have any flesh growth, yeah, no, what you were told by your doctor?
Speaker 4: The doctor.
Speaker 2: Are you sure that was a doctor? We don't know. It's not. When when your wife handed the doctor a part of flesh in an ice bag and he's like, what's that for and then threw it into the toxic waste basket, that was a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a red flag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did seem lost, like.
Speaker 2: He couldn't even fathom why your wife was in there with that bag or unable to piece together what was happening, Red Flag.
Speaker 1: Was this a real hospital?
Speaker 4: Yes, it was like a vet, like when the gangsters have.
Speaker 2: To go to the vet, the guy that they pay off, and they have to do it in the basement.
Speaker 4: Always, and it's weird that they will be all right.
Speaker 2: The gunshot, it didn't catch any major organs. I'm in a lot of pain.
Speaker 1: You all be fine. Stop being a cry baby. You know that old thing.
Speaker 4: That is the thing.
Speaker 3: It's also weird like that he had the toxic waste in his locker and it was like, you know, right underneath like Doc's tasty treats.
Speaker 7: It was very They just drenched the thumb and like whiskey and get a piece of tree to bite the.
Speaker 2: Old the old vet in the back pocket, the old piece of organized crime.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Monday night football.
Speaker 4: That's the show right here, that's the show. Stum, It's not just the football, it's the other stuff too.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, It's finally here.
Speaker 2: After months of anticipation, Aaron Rodgers will make his debut in a game that counts against of all teams, the Mighty Buffalo Bills. Eric Roberts his own Buffalo Bills. They are back to back to back division champs.
Speaker 1: Uh and again.
Speaker 2: Feel and mark like a super Bowl or bust year for the Bills. So to get this Bills team on the road and Monday Night against this Jets team that that arrived on defense last year were quarterback short and got Aaron E. Fing Rodgers, Now that is a great way to end the week.
Speaker 5: This is the game. It is just like the most mysterious sporting event. And like I get it. I think it's it gets tiresome to say that we're gonna be fascinated by X, Y and Z, but this is the one that sits there out on Monday Night. Absolutely because the Jets have been treated in a way that few sports teams are with having proven literal to nothing and it's not default, but it's like they are the headline. The Bills are not the Bills somehow have been superseded here. And I think one thing that you can point to from a year ago because what carries over Robert SAWA's defense, This Jets defense, the defensive line, I think is as good as anything the NFL has at any position group. We've talked about that and Josh Allen last year he struggled against the Jets. They knocked him off in one game. He averaged one hundred fewer passing yards against the Jets than any other team. And this is Josh Allen. I think this is a you know, post Brian Daball. There have been some issues. I know there was an injury last year. He's still fantastic on the ground and does things that few other people can do. But he is accountable for twenty nine interceptions over the last two seasons, which is the most in the league. And I would just say that this Jets defense, it's not just every The attention is all on Aaron Rodgers and understandably on hard knocks to begin with. But I think this is a defense that's going to generate turnovers on a weekly basis, going to generate massive punishment on a quarter.
Speaker 2: They do that last year, by the way, turnovers, that was the one issue with the defense. They could flip that out of the bottom of the league.
Speaker 5: But I think that the like I go back to this like Steelers Bills preseason game, and I guess just wipe away everything from the preseason. But I thought Josh Allen had looked uncomfortable at times in this preseason like seeing pressure that wasn't there. And I just wonder if this Jets defense at home, if they can respond quickly. You're asking them to grow up in a minute. We're going to find out the truth right away about who the Jets are. But I love this opportunity for what they're good at to thrive against Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: I think it could really be a defensive game. And I predicted that the Bills win the division when we did our season predictions, and so I go into this one thinking, look, everyone's looking past this team.
Speaker 4: They are favored the Bills in this game. But when I think.
Speaker 3: About those matchups, that does matter. Last year he averaged under six yards per attempt against the Jets. He had two interceptions, no touchdowns in a game that Zach Neilson started at quarterback and one I mean, I think that matters because you are just looking at the Jets' biggest strength by far up front on the defensive line, and it's not just one guy, it's six guys versus what, in my mind, is the Bill's biggest weakness if you had to choose one, certainly on their offense and maybe on their whole roster, which is their offensive line, and we've already seen Robert Salah matches up well here, and so after thinking about it more, Josh Allen's gonna have to get the rid of the ball quickly and he's gonna have to maybe pick on the Jets' safeties getting the ball over the middle of the field. But I like this matchup for the Jets because of the defense. I think it's a defensive game both ways.
Speaker 2: Well, look at last year, so you mentioned it, Robert sala and that Jets defense had Josh Allen in a blender. It was the high point of their season. I believe it was about Week nine or ten, twenty seventeen win at the Metal Lands where Allen really struggled. He took a vicious hit that stuck with him for the rest of the season, an injury that really I think a lot of people attributed to affecting his play down the stretch. And then when the Jets were in their free fall later in the season, they still hung with them and I think they put maybe twenty points and.
Speaker 3: He had one hundred and forty seven yards and was sacked three times eight on the year.
Speaker 2: So now again teams adjust, last year is last year this year is this year. But we don't need to look at this game and say, oh, you know Stefan Diggs, who, by the way, has to deal with Sauce and the Bills.
Speaker 1: They're going to be off and running.
Speaker 2: Now remember last year, Like we were at the game when the season started last year, the Street and the Bills hit the ground running and they beat up on the Rams and they looked unstoppable. I just would be really surprised if the Jets might lose this game.
Speaker 1: Certainly possible.
Speaker 2: It's a very tough game, but I'd be very surprised that the defense faltered and played poorly. I agree, I think this is going to be a defensive back and forth. I think the Aaron Rodgers stands, myself included with the Jets are gonna want him to throw four touchdowns and have the storybook game.
Speaker 1: I don't think that happens either.
Speaker 2: This feels to me like a twenty seven type game at twenty seventeen type game that can go either way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean structurally, I think the Jets have to win a lot of these games this season in a really rough schedule out of the gate with their defense, so it's not just going to be Aaron Rodgers. I think that X factor you talked about that Bill's Rams game from a year ago, it was the pass rush that completely exposed a totally faulty Rams offensive line. You need Dwayne Brown, McKai becton to show up and play well. And that's not just this week, but it's like there are Jets questions along their line as well. I do think though, that why Aaron Rodgers can succeed sooner than you'd expect potentially, is that they've surrounded him with players he's comfortable with. Nathaniel Hackett was a mess last year, but under Nathaniel Hackett in recent days, Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: My name is Nathaniel Hackett. Thanks, it's nice to see you out here.
Speaker 5: I don't Yeah, it's like he sounds like a funny guy, But I like Aaron Rodgers an eleven touchdowns and thirteen picks under Hackett in this past three seasons, underneath them with one hundred and nine point two rating and two MVPs. So, no matter what you think about what happened last year, if you're Sean Payton or someone else, Hackett and Rodgers worked together, I think you put Rogers in an environment where if the line stays together like he can succeed quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting deep shots against Micah Hyde and Poyer and that deep safety group.
Speaker 4: Is gonna be tough.
Speaker 3: But I do think the secondary receivers like who can win those matchups?
Speaker 4: Do you like the matchups a little better?
Speaker 3: I think for the Jets of a Lizard or a mcole Hardman winning against some of these secondary cornerbacks. For the Bills, they're still kind of rotating. They're still looking for their secondary depth. Whereas for the Bills, if Diggs is taken out, you're counting on Trent Sherfield and Dalton Kincaid and maybe they get it going. But in tougher matchups again events a very deep Jets secondary.
Speaker 4: No one talks about DJ Reid.
Speaker 5: No, you know, there's Saucecinger, but DJ Reid actually did a lot more of covering number one wide outs a year ago.
Speaker 2: J Reid was the unexpected like find on their defense. I wish I need the season to start. DJ Reid is out here telling the media this week that the Jets could be the eighty five Bears on defense. That's the type of stuff I don't need right now. And now it's time. Just don't pump yourself any more than necessary.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it.
Speaker 2: I think that besides, with the Rogers side of things, the thing that I most want to see is in a game situation, this Jets defensive line, because that has a chance to really power the entire team. And I don't even know what's going on with the Carl Lawson at this point with a back issue that continues to linger. But the old parcels'sm Gregie, he's a progress stopper potentially at this point. With Jermaine Johnson and Will McDonald and Quinn Williams and John Franklin Myers, Michael Clemens, these guys are gonna go get Bryce huff is a nice, complimentary guy that they just keep coming at you. This is what Salah has been trying to build since he got there, and now they get to unleash it in prime time with everyone watching for four quarters. I'm really excited to see how that defense looks in the front and how the Buffalo Bills try to combat that, because that's gonna play into you would imagine the game plan for Buffalo is we know they're dogs and they're gonna be coming after us, so that might limit their ability to attack the safeties with deep shots, because they're gonna try more of a quick hitting affair on their offense.
Speaker 3: Something quick over the middle. And this is why I'm so glad they gave Troy and Joe all that money. This just this is a game that deserves a little Troy and Joe. You got Gardner versus Digs. Maybe the best cornerback wide receive of her matchup we're seeing twice a year. It just deserves this whole thing deserves a little. This is why they game all that.
Speaker 1: I'm neivous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna ask at this point, I like that I'm not going to be here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be bunkered up with my sons and my wife, who loves hard knocks no matter who the team is. She said she's gonna be following the Jets this year as a result, speaking of hard knock.
Speaker 3: Finally, I mean I took how is she in her marriage?
Speaker 2: I'm never around? You know that's true. Did you happen to catch the finale?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 4: I have not seen that yet. Well, at the first fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: The show takes a hard left turn about midway through into an Unsolved Mysteries episode. Can we play a little bit of Aaron Rodgers talking about in UFO sighting in New Jersey in two thousand when was he drafted five two thousand and five?
Speaker 8: We just stood frozen, the three of us on the front stoop of Steve's house, and the seconds later we heard the real recognizable sound of fighter jets going that seemed to be chasing this object. And again we just stood there in just disbelief for another few minutes. Nobody said a word, and then we all kind of looked each other like did we just see what? We think we just saw? What was that?
Speaker 4: I love it?
Speaker 1: It's complete.
Speaker 2: Man is coming from a man who fans like myself have tied everything to talking like that.
Speaker 5: He's spoken about UFOs before, I believe in the past, And you know, I think like this, this summer has been good for Aaron Rodgers. Hard knocks has been good, and like where if he would have said that a year ago, I think it would have been chuckled off the stage. But Greg, I know you've been a little suspicious of Aaron Rodgers the human are you do?
Speaker 6: You like?
Speaker 1: We're just moving off the alien stuff now.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm saying I think that he's telling the truth of the variance he had. Baker Mayfield saw you. I guess that's if you you know there's these I didn't believe that. You didn't believe that.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't believe that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't remember Rogers, but not Mayfield because he's better if Okay, in place for the jest, sense.
Speaker 5: Kind of ran out of football content there on the on maybe at the tail end of Hard Knocks a little bit, okay.
Speaker 2: Keith Hansers, by the way, on the Hard Knocks podcast, told a great story of being twenty years old in the early seventies and waiting at Hofstra University at the dorms out in Long Island, and his buddy Pete and Peppos who went who played football at Hofstra, said, every night, Joe's the last one before before a curfew. He will every night without fel get there right at the curfew eleven PM. So let's go have a couple of beers and come back here right at curfew, And sure enough Joe comes barreling around the corner, Wow, at exactly ten point fifty eight in his Cadillac, and my dad meets Joe Namath and go check out the episode to hear the rest of it.
Speaker 5: But how how has he not told us that story before? I've heard the story, okay, because I mean I've hung out with ye. It was talked about the Jets.
Speaker 2: It was very good work by Keith. Unprompted to bring up that story.
Speaker 5: You were going to say he also saw a UFO. Apparently everyone but us is.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what I gotta I've seen.
Speaker 4: The Colleen's father has seen one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about that story again as well, but I would I'm curious next time Keith's on, will get him on at some point to check in with the Jets. Let's ask him what he thinks about UFO. All right, all right, any other thoughts? How about the game? Let's pick this one.
Speaker 3: I think I changed my mind as I was talking and will take the Jets in a whoam in this week one game. I like to build better for the season, but I think the Jets win this game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just going with my heart on this a little bit. I think that the Jets nip him, and I think that MetLife is going to be as on fire as it's ever been since the crescendoing heights of Rex Ryan.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think that's a good call.
Speaker 2: I don't think it'll ever be as hot in terms of a Jets game as it's gonna be when Rogers takes the field. Of course, I'll take the Jets to two late touchdown pass by Aaron Rodgers to c j Uzama for the win. And that means we all pick the Jets. Everyone on Good Good Morning Football picked the Jets to go to the playoffs. It's it's gas up season for the Jets. But you know what, I'm taking all that anxiety out of my mind. It's time to play football. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: Whatever they say about a and Rodgers on TV.
Speaker 2: Is a lie.
Speaker 1: All right. That's it.
Speaker 2: That is the previews of the three prime time games, and like we said, this is going to be an every week thing. We hit those games and then on Thursday we have our draft, as you if you're a fan of the show know about.
Speaker 1: And now we transition.
Speaker 4: This is where the Funk attack did arrive.
Speaker 2: It always does, it always does. Yeah, we did forty five on those three games, but that's okay. We're enjoying ourselves. We're having fun and go get my Lunch. The conversation begins, you butt heads, where we make predictions on the season to come, the regular season to come, and we track these predictions with the great help of Nick four Tier, who's been running go get my Lunch dot Org for years. This is we're entering our eleventh season four Tiers. If he's been at it eight years, nine years, I believe it because it's been it's been pretty long now he's been doing and.
Speaker 5: To be fair, hasn't been paid a cent for his efforts. I mean, I think we appreciate I think much longer than.
Speaker 2: Twenty fourteen was his first show. Basically, this would be his tenth year tracking things.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Nick this one. How about a thank you, thank you, and this will pay off for you finally this year.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know how, but it's just it's gonna pay off.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you promised something. I think we've set something to Nick in the past. But Eric Makeham at that we are not a mental note. Can you write it down. Let's talk with the shadowy League figures upstairs and figure out something to get to Nick.
Speaker 3: This year, Yes, because who else could have tracked whether Brian or Rakbo signed with the Falcons or whether Derek Morgan signed with the Falcons back in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Literally no one else in the entire world.
Speaker 2: So we enter, we go into our predictions, and it is nice when I look at the history. You see Chris Westling and again a special west connected guests joining us in just a bit. You see all of his wagers, including Kristin Michael leads the Cowboys and rushing in which Dan, Greg and Mark took him up on it. But Mark, it's noted here, but he thinks it will be close.
Speaker 4: That's such a mode. Well there was no more. Wes was fascinated with Christine Michael, so.
Speaker 3: Was Christie Kristen, It was Christian, but uh he was you know, editors Note it was not close. I don't believe you know he ever got any carries just about like he he had probably under one hundred or two hundred years.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I am at fifty three point seven percent two twenty six and one ninety five, Greg, you are I got a little distance between you right now for the first time two nineteen and one ninety nine, fifty two point four percent, Mark bringing up the old rear with the.
Speaker 4: Old one eight and two ten one forty seven point two percent.
Speaker 1: So the goal really, you.
Speaker 5: Know, back in the early days of you know, no, I think I put some things out there that when they hit, they hit, but like they're less maybe lower percentage.
Speaker 2: You're dropped deer, you're gonna hit too. It sh five, but you'll hit thirty one homers you get when you get a hold of one.
Speaker 1: Look out, look at that, look at that sucker.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of like I'd rather live big chase rate.
Speaker 3: And when not, it's like, no, a non human is not gonna you know, score a touchdown this year.
Speaker 1: But that's why we love you. Mark.
Speaker 4: Hey, I did that one again.
Speaker 2: Some people will have called you a beautiful weirdo, and I agree I have I didn't, but no, not yet. If someone did, sure, I would say yes, as long as that's not seen as uh, you know, a pejorative in terms of it's a script sort of in any way, I'm assuming, all right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: I'll start. I like this.
Speaker 2: I feel really good about this one. And there should be an onion hanger in here somewhere.
Speaker 4: So we're doing two weeks and an onion hanger.
Speaker 2: We're doing three and then yeah, mine are all pretty hangy. I gotta say so, you guys could tell me if the if it does or does not qualify. I don't have one that like stands out as the onion hanger, but I'll start here. DeVante Adams, superstar wide receiver of the Las Vegas Raiders, Mike Evans, star receiver of the Tampa Bay Buccaney. Okay, two players on teams kind of going nowhere's a little mean. The week one hasn't happened, but an unclear future for the organization's direction. Evans wants a new deal. I don't know if that's coming. One of those players, Adams or Evans, will be moved ahead of the trade deadline in early November.
Speaker 4: That's a fun one, yep.
Speaker 5: I'll take you on it, not to do what I just did with the Westling one from many years ago, but it will be close. I do think it will happen. I think i'd put Adams. I put Adams as if.
Speaker 3: You think it's gonna happen, then don't take them.
Speaker 5: Because the only way to gain traction in this game is to take everyone on everything. That's my strategy. So I'm gonna go with the field saying maybe they don't move them.
Speaker 3: Well, unless it's a true fifty to fifty or under. I think if they were setting this line, it would be close to fifty to fifty. But I will take you. I still think it's it's less likely to happen, but it's spicy. You reeled us in, and I think if you really crunch the numbers and you look at the situation, especially Adams but Evans too, I think it's quite possible, and it's pretty close to a fifty to fifty idea.
Speaker 4: One of these will happen.
Speaker 2: Here is something crazy. Now, this would be kind of like the Sessler onion hanger.
Speaker 4: He's doing both well.
Speaker 2: No that Adams trading any player mid season is tough. You'd have to trade him somewhere where he's comfortable and you knew the offense. That's Aaron Rodgers and hacking in the Jets. The Jets who have cap space because of the Aaron Rodgers restructuring of his contract, so they have the financial flexibility to make it happen. They have the relationship between player and quarterback and OC.
Speaker 3: And I just want to fly around like a butterfly.
Speaker 2: And they might have the need, Greg, because I agree with you when you look at them on paper after Garrett Wilson, it's like, hmm. If that room isn't coming together the way they like behind Wilson or god forbid Wilson gets hurt, that is something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 4: That's spicy.
Speaker 3: I looked at the captaincations for the for the Raiders, and it's not too crazy. It's doable, and you know they'd be motivated enough to give a boatload of picks, which is the only way that I think.
Speaker 5: The other side of the coin is that, like the Raiders have a high implosion factor.
Speaker 4: I know I'm getting. I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Look at Chandler Jones, the report out there or the.
Speaker 3: The instagram's story that he said, uh, he didn't want to play for this head coach or GM get.
Speaker 5: To the gym and Adams basically said, like I I'm going to have to do my best kind of keep my head in the game and play along with what's going on here, said a couple of months ago.
Speaker 4: That's not I don't love those words.
Speaker 2: The instagram that was since deleted from Chandler Jones big ticket free agent signing last year. He said that he could not get into the team facility for the Raiders, and we could focus on this tomorrow, but it's already here, so they I don't know what what the disconnect was, but he couldn't get in, so he said, I'm forced to go to a local gym to work out, and he kind of put it right at the feet of McDaniels, who, again is a guy that's not looking so hot in terms of how he runs teams. And yeah, the high implosion factor. That's just another crack where you're like, remember Urban Meyer where just the crack started and he started to see more and more and more. Mmmmmmmmm, all right, Greg.
Speaker 3: Was a pretty big crack when he was just you know, like grinding on that girl in the bar.
Speaker 4: I watched her a game.
Speaker 1: I watched These swamp Kings, yes that they lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the swamp Kings documentary on on Florida during the Tebow years. Urban Meyer is insufferable in the doc which is a very good documentary overall, but it is insane how high that man is on his own supply.
Speaker 1: It's worth watching just.
Speaker 4: For that, But I would.
Speaker 2: It's an excellent documentary, and I thought the as this is our eleventh year, all the guys that came through that pipeline, like seeing Percy Harvin is a college superstar, seeing Tebow's journey after it got all warped when he got to the NFL. Your boy, the linebacker spikes uh. He has a major part in the uh in the in the doc as well.
Speaker 3: He was a big person and a big swing and miss from myself in terms.
Speaker 4: Of what type of career.
Speaker 3: This isn't gonna be a swing and miss though. You guys can take the rest of the field in the NFC North and you can give up on our team of around the NFL all you want.
Speaker 4: I'm sticking with them.
Speaker 3: And I was thinking, what didn't we really cover in the in the predictions pod, And it's it's my, uh, my belief that these this Lions team will live up to their high expectations this year and they will win the NFC North. So you get the field, I get the Lions.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not the team of atl.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm trying to keep them that way.
Speaker 2: Here here's something incredible, Mark, this is a I was gonna hold mine, but it's directly connected to this. So my second one is the Lines do not spend a single week alone in first place in the NFC.
Speaker 4: You know, alone.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess that's funny. I mean, I'll take you up on that.
Speaker 1: Because they start, in my mind with a loss. Listen, I already Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, so you already agreed. This is a wait a second. This is exciting.
Speaker 2: This has to be an onion hangar because if the Lions win tomorrow, you're you've already out.
Speaker 3: You've already lost, you've lost your lock, but you've lost sandwiches.
Speaker 4: It would be unre.
Speaker 3: And I just I hope, obviously the Lions win, but I just hope they're ahead in the second half and that you're sweating this thing out.
Speaker 4: This would be great.
Speaker 5: I'll take you both up on your individual Lions Okay, propositions right there.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're taking the field, you s they essentially conflict with each other on some level. But can you win both? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah you can, of.
Speaker 5: Course, So I can't. Actually, I actually probably will have to win one of them.
Speaker 2: Right, So the Lions do not spend a single week alone in first place, but he has them winning.
Speaker 4: Right, the whole division.
Speaker 3: All all you need to happen is for them to spend one week in first place at some point, but not win my division. Right, just it is quite I love taking both quite possible alone really makes it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tricky, but all right, I got one for you.
Speaker 1: Wait a second.
Speaker 4: That was a good way to.
Speaker 2: Marinate on that a little bit more that the Lions, they might not be the team of ATN but they are and continue to be a hugely compelling team within the structure of this year.
Speaker 4: I want to keep it, don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't love the dynamic that Greg is cooking up where he is going to force or attempt to force them to be the team of ATEN again. But also at the same time tell everyone and tell you and I that we aren't actually on board with it.
Speaker 3: Well, that you really weren't last year, and I actually what.
Speaker 4: I was doing last year they grew on me and I was being.
Speaker 2: Not really that you were upbeat for you last year it was it was as the Titans crumbled on top of it.
Speaker 1: Every other team, Well, there.
Speaker 5: Are multiple things, multiple flowering disasters occurring all at once.
Speaker 2: All right, let's hear it, and throwing the ball over the field to different people that weren't on his team.
Speaker 1: Just a tough back nine last year.
Speaker 5: I've made mine a little simpler this time around. Yeah, Dak Prescott will be benched.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that is an onion hagger.
Speaker 4: So it can't be an injury.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I mean we would have to you know, there's sometimes they don't tell you exactly what's going on, but it has to be.
Speaker 3: Ends for a performance reason.
Speaker 4: Performance absolutely all right.
Speaker 1: What about if he gets.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's an onion hanger and then.
Speaker 5: He gets injured like Alex Smith Kaepernick type things like.
Speaker 2: Last year, right, And I don't know in your mind, I don't know if it's Cooper Rush or if it's the washout from San Francisco, Trey Lance. One of these guys takes the job while he's injured and plays well and then he doesn't, and then.
Speaker 3: That that counts as a bet.
Speaker 1: Prescott gets better and then he stays on the bench.
Speaker 5: Is that in the in the world of NFL quarterbacks like Dak Prescott wants healthy, not being put put back into the starting lineup is.
Speaker 4: A benching. That's a massive onion hanger. Right after top wait, because I know.
Speaker 2: You were part of that chorus that's saying, you know, Dak's stats last year weren't a true reflection of who he was, Like, what's gonna happen this year?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know if I'm really part of that chorus.
Speaker 5: I think that if you go and look at all his interceptions, there is that argument that like there was some weird stuff happening. He wasn't like a turnover prone quarterback historically, and like some weird stuff happens.
Speaker 2: So those are a thing.
Speaker 1: Is this a hunter? Are you seeing actual?
Speaker 5: I think the pressure is turned way up and I could just see I think the one thing about Trey Lance. I buy the fact that they're like all in on Dak, but Trey Lance, the one thing about him is like there's just this mysterious, attractive potential and if they got into a jam, I could see them be tempted to see what Lance could do if Dak is really floundering. So, I mean it's a bit of a reach in the sense that I'm going to I'm thinking Dak Prescott becomes a lesser quarterback than I actually think he is today.
Speaker 4: But that's I'm just really a crazy one.
Speaker 3: But if they're six and ten or seven and nine and eliminated and they want to take a look at Trey Lance week seventeen, I think that's your path, that's the most likely path, and it's not totally insane. I still don't think they would do it. I don't think he's Derek Carr.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that would be pretty stunning and it would be a real sign that Dak has lost obviously a ton of juice in that building.
Speaker 1: I'm not there, it would be.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a little bit like the Trey Lance trade because people still trying to make Trey Lance a thing. They made a bigger story than it really should have been seen in my mind.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you've already done to now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm out.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got one more.
Speaker 3: I'll throw in one that I like because I like to use the QB index as a measuring stick. Even though Mark's not writing it this year, Nick Schuok is Nick Schuck is doing it. Nice to have him involved and.
Speaker 1: Be on the show Sunday.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh, this is why I'm going to really try to influence Nick throughout the season on his voting. When it comes to keeping up with the Joneses, because there's a couple Joneses here that are starting quarterbacks in the NFL. And my prop, my sandwich, is that Mac Jones, mccorkyll, your boy finishes the year ranked ahead of Daniel Jones in that beautiful QB index. Mac Jones over Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: I like this, It like it ticks your fan boxes off very well. You're believing Mac Jones and the Patriots being sneaky okay this year and your abject dislike of the Giants over a couple of key games in your past.
Speaker 1: It's a good one, and I think Mac will be better.
Speaker 4: It's really a belief in Mac.
Speaker 3: I've actually the record will show I have been higher than consensus on Daniel Jones throughout his career. But I think Mac Jones will be good, and I think he's he's a better.
Speaker 1: So it's not QBR, it's not pass rating, it's.
Speaker 3: It's I'm like QB index, I trust shook more.
Speaker 1: Where would I don't even I don't know shooks like.
Speaker 3: Who has a better who has a better year?
Speaker 4: I mean last year.
Speaker 1: He might value different things.
Speaker 4: I think's gonna give us a pretty counting. I'm not worried about it.
Speaker 1: I'll take you on it.
Speaker 4: I'll take you on a too.
Speaker 5: I think it would be a pretty big story of I think everyone expects Max Jones to bounce back.
Speaker 3: Sure check that box. But like he finished twenty ninth last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like so but the year before year.
Speaker 3: But even consensus, I've been looking at these quarterback rankings, even consensus coming into the year.
Speaker 4: That's about where people have them.
Speaker 1: Like four guys, all right, here's a good one.
Speaker 2: Where was Mac at the end of QB Index after his rookie year versus Daniel Johns?
Speaker 4: I wrote it. You also kind of tailed off at at the top ten. I have no idea, no, like, where was he after like week week ten or left at.
Speaker 3: The very end of the season. I had him probably average and I and I'll find it for you while I'm talking. And I probably had Daniel Jones just below they were. They were probably quite close. But yeah, little Mac over two years ago. Two years ago, I had Mac sixteen and Daniel Jones.
Speaker 4: That's a different dans.
Speaker 2: What did you have him last year? Jones forgot about Mac.
Speaker 5: Jones was closer twenty nine, the middle of the pack, and Mac was way low.
Speaker 4: I mean just because of what was it's not.
Speaker 3: An onion hangar, but it's an upset, but it's not an onion hanger.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll take you too, because I mean I just thirty minutes ago said I thought that we're going to get like the next version of Daniel Jones in an evolution in his entire game.
Speaker 2: So that well, you've played that game before, though you've covered both sides in the past.
Speaker 5: I really don't think this is the mac Jones is going to wind up with a better all right, you're up QB Index. Okay, here we go, a floating Rams operation. Trades away Matthew Stafford. I mean, we've been talking about this for a long time. I just don't see the pieces put together, and like you've got your trade situation with the wideouts.
Speaker 4: I think, Matthew, Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 5: A team that believes that they have a quarterback injury of some sort, they believe that they really have a real chance. And Stafford kind of fits the bill of going from a team that's in a rebuild to kind of be in that mid season rescue operation for a playoff hopeful team in the afc R.
Speaker 3: NFL we'll hear what a very notable member of the at M family rams fan thinks about this shortly.
Speaker 1: But that's easy.
Speaker 3: I don't see it happen and happen. I'm taking you.
Speaker 4: Up on it because I think it's impossible to No, I don't think it's that crazy that they may.
Speaker 1: When's the last quarterback I got traded in seasons?
Speaker 5: I think of like, well, like a Sam Bradford situation before you know Baker right before.
Speaker 3: The season, right in the season Palmer was not in season?
Speaker 4: Was Palmer was, because remember he essentially sat out. I feel like Palmer was, but he wasn't even playing it right right.
Speaker 2: See, that's different too, like Stafford to get moved as a quarterback, unless it's to an offense that you know like the back of your hand, and then to give up what you would give up to get a veteran Super Bowl MVP or whatever you would want him right in your lineup right away. It just seems so implausible to me that a team would do that in the middle of the year. So I feel more confident about that than anything we've done so far that he's wow nowhere, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: But then, like you also hear reports that like people wanted to pull Drew Brees out of retirements and Tony Romo out of retirement.
Speaker 2: But to me, he's going, you're staying a trade the cap.
Speaker 3: The cap implications are quite complicated. And the only reason why this is on the table and it could be for Aaron Donald I supposed to is, Look, there's two quarterback prospects in this next class that are gonna probably have a higher consensus grade than any quarterback since Burrow and Lawrence and and and are going to be seen in that category, and so helping your chances for that will be attractive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think who is the It would have to be a coordinator tree match to start. I would think so like who is a McVeigh disciple?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it would. That would help it. I don't think that is.
Speaker 3: Like not Yeah, I think he could work almost.
Speaker 5: I think you could convince yourself and a jam. Again, It's not like some team doing it as a weird experiment. It's like we've lost our guy. We're in the race, and it's not a forever solution, but Stafford for this season in the Rams, it's like stockpile draft picks. You're probably a bottom five team. Is Stafford like, really your.
Speaker 1: You want to do that? I would have.
Speaker 2: I would imagine the last ever wants to do is leave in the middle of a season.
Speaker 1: Got a family, He's already got.
Speaker 4: His if they're one and six or something.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: There's there's a lot of things in the way here, but I think you would need it's bonkers.
Speaker 1: That was bonkers.
Speaker 4: You would need like a quarterback to get hurt. I'm just trying to make interesting.
Speaker 2: That was great, great radio bro Okay, all right, last round. This one is pretty straightforward. I get Bejon Robinson and Nick Chubb. You guys get the field for twenty twenty three rushing champion Nick Chubb and who Bjon Robin. Okay, I like this one because the field is always the way to go. But I feel like those two guys to me, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Backed us into a corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's You've had some onion hangers. This one not as much. I Uh, I don't like it because I think I picked Bijeon Tou to leave the league in rushing the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like putting baby in a corner.
Speaker 3: And yet I'm gonna take it anyways, because uh, you know, man's got to live by his code, and my code is the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will, I'll take you. I don't love this either. I think you've done a nice job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sort of like rappiness you guys in Big Time.
Speaker 4: That was a good one.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see.
Speaker 3: I really, I really think Beijeon has a really good chance. But man, the field in Chub Chubb would be in my top three chance.
Speaker 5: You know, let me look at these real quick here. I don't know what that Browns offense is gonna be though. That's a little bit of a wild CARDI one.
Speaker 1: I think he'll get the rock though.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see who else would even Austin Eckler doesn't run the ball enough. McCaffrey doesn't run the ball enough to win the rushing title. Barkley sure, Derek Henry, obviously you can't. You can't take that man out of the mix. Tony Pollard, Josh Jacobs is the defending rushing champion.
Speaker 1: These are all options.
Speaker 5: I don't love the field, but I think you're kind of counting on, unfortunately, something going a little sideways with Robinson er Chubb.
Speaker 2: That's what you're hoping for in this one.
Speaker 3: I'm taking my sandwich back. I'm not putting it on. I hate, I don't want to be I am so in on.
Speaker 5: You just said you had a code, though I changed my code the code.
Speaker 4: I have so many codes.
Speaker 3: I have so many Well another one of my codes, that is, pick what you want to root for, like, don't don't pick against.
Speaker 1: Too many codes. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: I'll forget that this.
Speaker 2: I don't care if I win or lose. Just giving Greg this mental anguish is already a win I want.
Speaker 3: I don't want to feel any even hint of conflict, a whisper, a little flavor with Bjon's running for two hundred yards in those games. I just want to enjoy it. So I'm taking mine off.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go that works too, and that leaves two more Greg.
Speaker 3: Okay, I talked a lot about my belief and these Los Angeles Chargers on the previous show. Let's take it. Let's take it into a different step. Justin Herbert finishes higher in the MVP voting than Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 4: We just get a Herbert over. I'll take you around one all day long. One the Herbo Herbo thing.
Speaker 2: No, chargers are far too dysfunctional. For everything to go well.
Speaker 3: They they have to finish, they have to win the division most likely for that to happen.
Speaker 4: It's basically just another way of saying that you'd.
Speaker 5: Have to outduel Mahomes decisively, if not in both of the their encounters.
Speaker 4: That's why. That's why I brought up last.
Speaker 2: As they say, I kind of don't like this phrase, But what do to say it with your chest?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I saw you on Twitter. I know I know your game. Greg doing that a long time. You're getting out there in the public discourse. You had some type of pro Chargers take, which is fine, by the way, I don't agree, but that doesn't matter. Like you believe, you are all in on the Bolts and they're special young quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: They consistent you're in, You're in yours like I'm back in.
Speaker 2: Is there a team you're more like, uh into right now than the Chargers?
Speaker 3: No, Seahawks and Patriots certainly are right, you know, Patriots are different Atlanta creeping.
Speaker 2: Into that in Atlanta?
Speaker 1: How about you? Mark?
Speaker 4: Is there a team I'm more into than the Chargers?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Who's your team that you're most into?
Speaker 2: I think the Falcons right now, They're the team that when you open your eyes, that's the team your most I was.
Speaker 5: Up in the middle of the night, well thinking about the falcons, which is a weird thing for me to do.
Speaker 1: Wow, last evening, it's the falcons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you're most invested in having a big year, you think?
Speaker 4: And then I'm most intrigued by Arthur Smith mustache or what?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Sure, no one else that you're thinking about in this conversation.
Speaker 5: No, I know what you're attempting to do, but you're not even within a continent of where my mind is.
Speaker 3: I just love that our guests has been listening to this the whole time.
Speaker 2: She's she's on.
Speaker 1: Let's bring her in.
Speaker 4: I still have another prop though, but she can listen to it.
Speaker 1: Sure, bring her in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's ever do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, nobody else too?
Speaker 3: There she is no one else?
Speaker 2: Hey, Lakeisha, Hello, it is Lakeisha Jackson Westling, the Great Kish from Saint Louis in her home office.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, I see some.
Speaker 3: Why do you have a better setup with annoying.
Speaker 6: Because I still need some stuff on the shelves back here.
Speaker 4: But it's definitely better.
Speaker 2: It's almost as if you leave Los Angeles, you have a lot more space in your life.
Speaker 4: Are those that would be correct?
Speaker 2: Are those some Shield Softballs are famous company softball team that went to three title games and took home two trophies that would be correct.
Speaker 6: One is my game ball when I only got one game ball, so that one's back there. And another one I don't even know where it's from, but we all signed it, and like west signed it and has like Wes loves Lakeisha Jackson Westland. So that's one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was floating around my hate us for a long time.
Speaker 4: I remember, Yes, you gave that to me?
Speaker 2: Yes, Keish, How are you?
Speaker 1: How is everything?
Speaker 6: I'm good? I am a busy boy. Mom. Lincoln is obsessed with anything Spider Man right now. So right before I got on, I hurd a little ding from my Alexa that my Halloween costume is here. I'm going to be one from Spider Man. So he's just running all over the place, like he's talking really well. Now he's just becoming a little person, and he's so funny. Like I love this age a lot, Like it's it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Your Instagram story posted over the weekend where he did like a jump from a platform. First of all, he's built like a tank now and he's got that Westling build, and I think, yeah, like stocky, stocky and athletic and like Chris hitting those hard groundball singles up the middle and then going first to third on bass hits, like he definitely has you know, those Westlings, and I mean all of them. I know, I've met all of them for the most part, maybe one I haven't met yet. All athletic guys and competitive guys. And you could just tell the way Link is that he is going to be like a chip off the old block, and.
Speaker 5: The way in the Westling body type. There's a lot of different body types with those brothers. There's some tall ones, lean ones, some stock but I mean Link has that.
Speaker 3: I think he's I think he's got the Chris slash and Chris and Nick build right, hopefully a little taller.
Speaker 6: Yes, even when he's like walking around his little like boxer briefs, like it just reminds me remember how all stocky Chris used to be. Like his legs, the way he walks like it's just it blows my mind, like all the time. I'm like, I got a little West walking around here, like what the heck?
Speaker 1: And there's a reason. By the way, Lakeisha got a game ball.
Speaker 2: I mean, Lakeisha was an athlete herself in high school and had sprinter speed once she put the ball on the ground. The whole thing with Lakeisha was like Wesley Snipe's character in Major League. If you hit a pop up, give me ten push ups. Because you put that ball on the ground, they are not throwing you out at first. So Link is really coming from some serious genes in terms of athletics.
Speaker 6: And he's got my speed too, So it's like, I'm so excited to see, like what sport he ends up like falling in love with because he's got my speed, He's got like Chris's hand eye coordination, so he's gonna Yeah, it's gonna be very very interesting. I'm I'm excited to say that because I'm gonna be so screaming in the stand, super competitive.
Speaker 1: Are you excited about the Rams?
Speaker 4: I'm yeah.
Speaker 6: We're we're rebuilding right now, so my expectations are very low.
Speaker 3: You left them, you came here, they experienced the immediate success they won the Super Bowl with you here there and then and then you left and they fell apart.
Speaker 1: They have to come back to Saint Louis. Now. That's the only way. I don't make this.
Speaker 6: And I wish it's it's Ghotstown here, everyone's chiefs fans now and what what?
Speaker 2: Oh yo?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've heard that too.
Speaker 6: In the stores where you're like buying all the Saint Louis merchandise. I'm like, yeah, it's very very odd. So it's just me and a few others.
Speaker 4: Soish we had it.
Speaker 5: We were doing sandwich props, as you know, and I had one that Matthew Stafford would be traded mid season by the Rams to another team. Does that seem absurd to you? Would you take me up on that? No, not going to happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not going to happen.
Speaker 1: You want to take well, you take your sandwich. Yeah, all right. So add that to the list market and I still.
Speaker 3: Have one more Mark, and then I know you have one.
Speaker 2: All right, Mark, you give us a sandwich prop. Keish, you give us one, and then Eric Roberts behind the glass. It is a tradition that the producer must have a failed so much prop every season so we look forward to that mark you go first, all Right.
Speaker 5: The other two that I've done have been like completely football drenched, just football scenarios. This one is a little bit more of something that I was thinking about recently, that a star quarterback loses at least one start this season regular season because of an off field incident involving a problematic individual dressed in a costume now veering towards cosplay, but not definitively costplay, but like a quarterback gets into some sort of situation that would be considered an incident and misses a start because of a costumed individual not himself in a costume.
Speaker 2: Bringing back Lakeisha Lkeisha just said that she's getting some of her Halloween costume delivered. If does that include perhaps a Halloween party?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that's like you're you're getting in the hot zone during Halloween season.
Speaker 2: And I know this as a dad myself. Halloween I believe falls on a Tuesday this year, So these guys are going to have their parties on let's say Friday. After you walk through, they'll have a nice Friday night. Maybe I'll take you up on it, but crazy, I'm focused on Halloween on this one as being the culprit.
Speaker 3: Now this did you would have won one if you had this prop back in twenty eighteen. Maybe, I guess not because Chad Kelly was not a starting quarterback. But remember there was an incident at the von Miller Halloween party which I think changed swag Kelly's career.
Speaker 4: But I will take you up on this. Okay, this feels I think there's some DNA to this.
Speaker 2: I think I had a doomed Chad Kelly prop a couple of years back that he would maybe make a play for the Colts or something.
Speaker 4: I don't think I won that you wake up on someone's couch or something.
Speaker 3: I think, yes, we spent a couple of Halloweens together at Keys, but I have a feeling that Saint Louis Halloween goes hard.
Speaker 6: I mean not the block that I live on. I do miss my last Chester area. They really got into it. So we're we're gonna bounce around this year and see. But I'm definitely taking Mark up on this. I was hoping that there was gonna be one of the props that were just out there, like that's my favorite one.
Speaker 3: He's just gonna end up maybe with a winning record here because he's taking Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All right, Actually let's sit on Lakeisha's and make her the last one.
Speaker 1: Eric, what is your prop?
Speaker 7: All right, guys, So I'm gonna go with the Homer Homer prop. Everybody's been talking Jets defense, Okay, So I'm going Bills outsack and out intercept the Jets this year. So total number out sack sacks in interceptions together different or so. I think the Bills had five more interceptions than the Jets last year.
Speaker 4: But I do think the Jets outside.
Speaker 2: Who's who's picking up all your sacks on day?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Who are your guys that you're gonna be in on the most here?
Speaker 7: We're so supposed to have a breakout year this year. Matt Mclone was always good. Von Miller when he comes back, hopefully he'll pick up some slack halfway through the season and then he's out there four weeks. You got Leonard Floyd is got good for about six.
Speaker 4: Micah Hyde, you know, Jordan Poyer, Davis White.
Speaker 3: I mean you're just mentioning, Oh you're talking in interceptions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I'm talking sex and interceptions together out numbers.
Speaker 3: I'll take you just because the odds would say both numbers. Well, first, the Jets defense should be great, but also winning both numbers could be tough.
Speaker 4: Winning one, you know.
Speaker 1: I like that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll take you.
Speaker 5: I think it's one of the better producer generated sandwich proper.
Speaker 1: I think gives the.
Speaker 2: Bills so much needed juice in the set after the events of Earth.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, a month and a half or so of hard knocks stand has been a little rough.
Speaker 2: I came out of it.
Speaker 7: I'm like, dude, why do I kind of like the Jets and Aaron Rodgers right now? I need to beef up my off your blood a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Monday, Well, I think we'll do the trick.
Speaker 3: Speaking of producers, I do uh, I do have a potential other producer. One former producer sent in one. Is everyone taking?
Speaker 4: Taking you on? That keisher you take? Does she get to take one?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: No, I'm Team Jets.
Speaker 4: Sorry, ouch love that girl.
Speaker 3: I forgot Zach Gold. You remember Zach gol And it was his name, the Gold State. He had asked if he could send in a sandwich prop.
Speaker 1: Is this you remember that? Gold? Is thatl Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying that, Yeah, he is on mount Rushmore and I get to see him once a year in Japan, which is always bizarre.
Speaker 4: And what's he got for us?
Speaker 3: It's a little bit of a mouthful. I know I'm springing on, but it is kind of a fun.
Speaker 2: One go ahead.
Speaker 3: Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium will once again host games at the twenty twenty three International Series, but first time it will do so without ardent Gridiron officionado Harry Kane as striker of the football club that calls the arena home. Kane, who has recently moved to Bayern Munich in Germany as part of one hundred and twenty seven million dollar transfer, may find it tricky to return to London for an event so soon He's been to every single NFL game there after a dramatic split from his boyhood team, while Peo will have two opportunities to catch an NFL game in Germany. This Sandwich bet reflects Harry Kane will make an appearance at at least one International Series game in London and at least one I love.
Speaker 4: We will see Harry Kane London and Germany.
Speaker 3: I'm a little confused this. I think he might be missing a word here. Make an appearance at least one nfessional series game in London and Frankfurt.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: The international listeners will enjoy this one. Harry Kine, Uh sure, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll take him too til end of the I know I am too. It's like, is he showing up? Well, I guess he could show up to.
Speaker 1: The Uh yeah, it was gonna be really good. Father Nick four Tier. As he's writing this out, he's like, what.
Speaker 2: The pay me?
Speaker 3: He also Zach points, I have no idea if that's how sandwich BET's actually working, but I love back.
Speaker 4: Yes, thanks to Zach.
Speaker 2: All Right, Keith, close it out. It's your sandwich prop.
Speaker 3: So my sandwich prop.
Speaker 6: I had to go back to one of my favorite ATN podcast memories. It was back in two thousand and nineteen whenever my mom came into town and we were watching.
Speaker 1: In the market.
Speaker 4: I know where you're going.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, she was going nuts talking about ghost plays like me and Wes were just cracking up, because in this business it can get where it's like you the fun of it like goes away after a while when you're working in it, but like hearing it from someone who didn't really know anything about football.
Speaker 4: We were just cracking up.
Speaker 6: And had so much fun that night. So my sandwich prop will be that Lamar Jackson is going to have an amazing season and will be top three in the MVP race.
Speaker 2: Top three for Lamar, he set out the last six games.
Speaker 6: He got his big contract in April, so he's got money, he's well rested, so I expect big things from the Ravens.
Speaker 1: I hate to go against your mom. That's a tough one.
Speaker 3: It is tough because there are a few players in the NFL I love more than Lamar Jackson. There's a few humans on the world I love as much as Lakeisha Jackson.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna say Lamar, I was like, all right, now, can we just a little bit?
Speaker 3: But I feel like Wes would be disappointing me if I just didn't cold blooded steel your sandwiches like I would to him back, and sure, I'm making you up on this top three.
Speaker 4: It's just that's tough. That's rare era.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a mark, he is a former MVP, and yeah, he's ostensibly in a better a fit for him and this could be a return to But yeah, I'm going to take you up on it too. I don't think it's implausible, but I think it's more likely he falls outside the top three.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess if not this season, then when, because you've got your best cast of weapons and wide outs he's ever had. I think in general, the players are happy to be in like a new offensive system, but it's such a crowded like crew of quarterbacks in that MVP conversation, So top three, I'll take you on it.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be outside of the top three, and I think cycling back to circling back to gold standards prop I think he's saying logistically, it's going to be difficult for Harry Kane.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he is now in Germany.
Speaker 2: I believe it's to get to the UK an England game, a London game because of his schedule is different than it used to be because he moved from that team that he was at for a long time.
Speaker 3: Well, they're not gonna welcome him back there, I think, is what he's saying. But maybe he would he go to the UH Wembley game.
Speaker 2: I mean, welcome back, right, It's not like it's going to be a ceremony.
Speaker 1: On the field or no.
Speaker 3: But it would if Tom Brady would he go back to the Foxborough Stadium two months after the event.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're thrilled.
Speaker 3: That he left, and maybe he's showing up to Wembley and Todham, But I did not think we'd circle back to zax Keish.
Speaker 2: Yes, so many great memories with Chris, Chris, countless memories and yourself and all those Thursday night openers at the house at Westchester and we uh, we were just texting about it yesterday in fact, how how much we missed Chris and she was still part of the show and still here with us. But those Thursday night openers always created some of the worst podcasts.
Speaker 1: Well he did those recaps, we would do.
Speaker 2: I always left the house because we we fun just watch it in the game, but the actual viewing of the games, being together, having some drinks, having some food and enjoying each other's company, that will stay with us forever.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know, I've mentioned it with all of you guys. It's just it gets, you know, kind of sad at the start of the season because you definitely notice it more because you know the excitement of the season that we used to have and him not here. So it's like we always just lean on each other and I'm just so grateful for you guys.
Speaker 5: I love you, guys.
Speaker 4: I love you too.
Speaker 2: There is something T shirt too, you got you got the all in the boxes.
Speaker 1: It was like covid era yep.
Speaker 2: Ricky old Zeusser Male Bunker Ark and the Bunker cast tea. That is such a cool shirt.
Speaker 6: Yes, a fan gave me this at the live show and.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right. Shout out to whoever you may be. I remember you being a nice fellow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's something about the beginning of the season. You're right, I think it'll always be that way, beginning of the season, end of the season that makes us think of Chris even more, Like he's always such a big part of this show.
Speaker 2: But h three years, this will be our third season without Chris, which is also hard to see. But us all together right now talking about him and then just continuing to be close. That that's how you do it.
Speaker 3: He'd be proud, he'd be proud of this take of yours Keise, He'd be proud of everything, but but proud of us all staying staying as tight.
Speaker 5: Would you be proud of my cosplay? She probably would would be laughing, would enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: That's the most important thing.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love your mom's all in. I feel like your mom would be way into Odell too. So now he's in the building.
Speaker 6: Should even she don't even know about him yet.
Speaker 2: She's gonna love his charisma and his hair and everything. She's going to be super in. All right, Keish, thank you so much. We love you. You're the best. Come visit us again soon out here in l A. Now we say goodbye the Wednesday show in the books. We'll be back Thursday with two shows, really three. We're gonna have a preview of the rest of the games, our draft, we'll have the TNF recap of lines chiefs. Can you believe it? Tomorrow night? And also, yes, we've been talking about it. NFL Plus launches with our first episode where we do some looking in the mirror ahead of all right, that's it Honck attack, but we survived Hong kank k and we've been released. Care he the call fu fuck the Bod