Speaker 1: And you're here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for choosing the iHeartRadio and Coast to Ghost Day and Paranormal Podcast Network. Your quest for podcasts of the paranormal, supernatural, and the unexplained ends here. They invite you to enjoy all our shows we have on this network, and right now, let's start with Chase of the Afterlife with Sandra Channaplain.
Speaker 1: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast, am employees of Premiere Networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself. Hi. I'm Sandra Champlain. For over twenty five years, I've been on a journey to prove the existence of life after death. Each episode will discuss the reasons we now know that our loved ones have survived physical death and so will we. Welcome to Shades of the Afterlife. Today on our show, I want you to learn about doctor Paraceti coming to us from Scotland. He is a medical doctor and he has several books on a topic that you and I are both interested in. His latest book is called Step into the Light. Transform Your Fear of Death by Learning about Life after Life, and I've asked him to share a little bit about himself.
Speaker 3: Okay, very good. So I am your run of the mill Western educated medical doctor. And then what happened is that I got interested in international humanitarian assistance and I wanted to work for the Red Cross. So I got a master's degree in public health, and for a number of years I did in work internationally with the International Red Cross for many years, and then shortly for the United Nations. And then I went on from the field to the classroom and for seventeen years I taught management of human Italian operations, that's public health and emergencies, but brother than that, the overall management of human Italian operations to graduate and doctoral students to three major universities in Europe. And that's what I've been doing. My wife one day, we were living in Geneva and Switzerland at the time. One day we were having tea and she told me an anecdote, a ghostly story that happened to her. She's from Glasgow herself, and I started by saying that I'm a Western educated medical doctor, and with that I imply that at the time this was happening in two thousand and eight, at the time, I was in a frame of mind that every thing that can possibly exist is matter, and if you cannot touch it or measure it, simply does not exist. And therefore mind fell. What's mind? Mind is simply the product of the electrochemical activity of the brain, isn't it. And by logical consequence, when that activity stops, well that's the end of it. That's the end of us. That's the end of mind, and that's the end of life. And that little anecdote set in motion a process which lasted, I mean a long time, many years, and that set me on a path of discovering, of discovery, sorry, and a path of suffering as well, because I was discussing this with somebody else recently, and I say that it is indeed an arguous, difficult path, because moving from that critical acceptance of materialism to the position where I am now as not alignier process. It's not that you read a book or you understand something and you're done.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Changing worldview is a going and coming back process. One moment you're convinced, and the next moment you say, bloody hell, but that's not possible. I mean, I reckon to this day. I read about thirty thousand pages of literature on the broader subject of psychical research, and I'm a member of several professional scientific organizations dedicated to the study of these subjects, and I went to conferences study is even trained personally with Raymond Moody, who I think many of your listeners will remember, is that you know, twenty five million copy seller of Life After Life, if the first one we've really come out or spoken about near death experiences in the seventies. Eventually theyd convince that we don't die. The evidence is there, the facts are there. Anybody who has considered the whole lot of the evidence can only draw one conclusion. In a way, we do not understand human personality survives the death of the physical body, even amongst scientists so to speak, or people of a scientific disposition. If you ask them off the record, they will say that they do entertain this possibility. But then when they have to make a pronouncement officially, they retract and they have to protect their career, the status and everything they have to take the skeptical attitude, which is sadly still fashionable. Now what today, I am convinced that a mind cannot is related to but more than the electrochemical activity of the brain. Anybody's looked at the parapsychology research and after life studies can only draw that conclusion. Yes, there is a correlation, but it's more than It's not dependent on mind, is not dependent on mind, can exist independently from a function in physical brain. Facts say that, there's not wishful thinking. Facts say that. And secondly, as we just said, and perhaps this is an extension of the first truth, is that we do survive physical death. When I say do, I mean our mind, our personality, our memories. As we just say, our affections do survive the demise of the physical body. And people often ask me, where's the proof of that? And if we had a superficial conversation, I could point you to a number of elements of pieces of evidence which in themselves are so strong, so undeniable, that they would constitute proof in themselves. But if we're having a truly serious conversation, if I were to defend this in a court of justice, for instance, I would present, I would make the argument that survival is supported. Let's say, a rational belief in life after life is supported by the collective weight of the evidence. There are, as I said, individual pieces which are very very strong, but still when you consider the collective way of the evidence, about a dozen field of investigation after life, communication, reincarnation studies, near their studies, deathbed visions. There's about a dozen, and they are coherent and consistent. They all point to the same truth, the unbelievable truth that we don't die. As Sandra says, So I'm not convinced by one thing. I've not been convinced, as I said before, in one flash of insight or understanding. For me, it's the accumulation of information. I like to say that rational belief life after life is supported by the knowledge and critical evaluation of facts. People have to know and engage their own reason in say, as I do in twenty one Days, as I do in both the workbook That You Have Love Knows No Death and the new book Step into the Light. I engage the reader's reason because that's the only way to really make that step that transforms the pain of a loss and transforms the fear of death. So let me take another moment of your time and your listeners time to explain a little bit where I come from. In my applied psychical research or yes, applied after life studies stands. I have studied cognitive behavior therapy, which is an evidence the evidence based form of psychotherapy which is now the standard treatment, particularly for depression and also for anxiety disorders. And the premise of cognitive therapy is very simple. It's evidence based. So again it's not a theory, a fancy theory like psychoanalysis, is again facts, an evidence based The fact and evidence say is that the way we feel depends entirely on the way we think. If we have a stimulus, the stimulus does not lead directly to an emotion. Before the emotion is felt, you have to pass through an interpretation of the stimulus. I give you very simple example. You're asleep at night and you're walken up by a noise in the adjacent room. That's the stimulus. It's the same as a noise there're something crashing there. Your first thought is a burglar. As I entered the apartment, what's your emotion, dear thank you? Your first thought is the cat has knocked over the flower vase. What's your reaction, what's your emotion?
Speaker 1: Could be upset, but I go back to sleep.
Speaker 3: There you go. So the stimulus is the same, the interpretation of the stimulus is different. The emotion that we feel so strongly is completely different. So thoughts are fundamentally important in determining our emotions and our well being in the case of bereavement, in the case of a pain of a loss, I am fond again I use this expression. I am fond of saying that there's a part of the pain which is quite simply unavoidable, Sanchra. That is who we are as human beings, and there's no pill, there's no theory, there's no nothing that will take that away. We are humans, were bound to have this, which is possibly the most commonly shared experience. We'll lose somebody we love. We're in pain. There's nothing to do. That part is incompressible, it cannot be compressed. But there's another part of the pain which is avoidable and unnecessary.
Speaker 1: Doctor Parasiti, I think this is a good time for the break because I know you have a lot more to say on this. My friends who want to check out his website. You can find out more about doctor Piero Kelvi Parasti at d Rparasti dot com, d R p A r I s E t TI dot com. So let's go to the break and then we'll be back. You're listening to Aids of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio in Coast to Coast am Paranormal Podcast Network. Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sandra Champlain and we are with doctor Piero Parasetti, who had a great example about our thoughts control our emotions. And doctor Paracetti, you were just talking about grief. The pain is unavoidable, but that there is a part that is avoidable. Could you pick up where you left off.
Speaker 3: There's another part of the pain which is avoidable and unnecessary. That part of the pain comes from a thought. And the thought is my loved one has vanished. My loved one has disappeared into a black nothingness. It existed and now it doesn't exist anymore. Has a very painful thought. It generates an unspeakable really I mean pain and suffering and it is simply not true. So like in cognitive therapy, cognitive therapy it teaches you to recognize these automatic negative thoughts that supports depression, and not to go all the way to positive thinking. Yeah I'm the best, because that's fake. That's equally fake. It simply rebalances and reformulate the thought in a more realistic way. The same thing can be done with thoughts about death. Right. So this is very helpful for people who have lost a loved one. And here I come to the latest book. I am surprised, pleasantly surprised at myself, I must say, because I've researched and written a whole book during lockdown. You say, aha, easy enough, you've got nothing else to do. True, I make no mystery. I had a relatively major depressive episode, very strongly linked with the limitations and the fact of being, you know, the lockdown and all these things. And you know, we've all suffered in our own ways, and my way of suffering was through depression, out of which I'm very glad to say I'm out. But I suffered quite a bit despite that. Since I'm a good soldier, I managed to research and write a whole book. Is a very serious book, and it's directed specifically at those in fear of death their own death or the death of a loved one. And here again I want you and our friends, our listeners to put ourselves in. A situation is possibly one of the worst situations we can think. We don't really want to think of that possibility. Let's say that will never happen to us. But if you were to happen, if we were to find ourselves with a terminal disease, or at least the diagnosis of a terminal disease, that is bad enough a situation, isn't it. There is like for the believed person, there's a part of the suffering of that situation which unfortunately is not me. Is not nothing will take that away. It's the discomfort in certain cases, unfortunately, is the actual pain. Really is a difficult situation made worse, unnecessarily worse by the fear by the terror of an a highlation, the fear of ceasing to exist. I exist now, and I will not exist anymore. I have experiences now, This is really what we treasure. I have experiences now, and then it will be a black curtain and I will not experience anything anymore. Well, that thought is false. That thought is not supported to evidence. And this is a beautiful truth. So unfortunately I cannot do anything for the pain and the suffering of God going through you know, the serious a fatal degenerative disease or a cancer or whatever it is. But I can't do a lot to take away that unnecessary pain. And what I do is that I explain, can I go on a moment because I mean, I'm really ah.
Speaker 1: As much time as you.
Speaker 3: Like, you're so kind, I mean my elements because I'm passionate about these things. These things are not only intellectually interesting, and that's what attracts me. They have such a transformative potential for people, and that's why I'm so enthusiastic. So what I'm doing in step into the light is that instead people okay, people are scared of dying, are scared of not have a fear of not existing anymore, which is, you know, a primordial fear we all have. People are also curious to know what dying is like and if indeed there is an afterlife that in itself is a great is a great reason for hope and optimism. But what is that afterlife like? So in order to answer those questions, one could have reviewed I don't know the religious and beliefs around the world and what they say about the afterlife or some philosophical stances on what an afterlife might be. Well, I thought of taking a much more pragmatic approach. Let's ask those who've been there, and my sources of information are essentially three, one specific to the process of dying, and those are deathbed visions, an end of life phenomenon. Then on what the afterlife may or actually does look like. We have two other major sources of information, which are near death experiencers and those who have actually died and communicated to us from the other side, the spirit communicators. So the first part of the book is devoted to establishing the credibility of these sources. Is it reasonable to trust the testimony from dbv's death bad visions and the is near death experiences and spirit communication. And I engage the reader in what I describe as a bit of a detective work, like you know, a forensic like CSI business, because we look at what deathbed visions and other end of life phenomena are, we look at all the alternative explanations for these beautiful, beautiful experiences that many people have let me open apparenthesis here because many people don't know, mind you. If you ask nurses or people working in hospices, they say, oh, of course, we see this all the time. But then let me share this nippet of evidence. We know that about ten percent of people are conscious at the moment of their passing. Okay, of those two thirds, I mean a massive two birds have deathbed visions. They are seen, They were semi comatos, and they lost all the faculties and they were just laying in bed and twelve twenty four thirty six hours before actually passing, they seem to wake up. Their demeanor changes completely, and they talk to people nobody else is not always somebody. Sometimes they are also seen, and those are the shared death experiences. But let's stay with DBVs and they say, oh, here's here's my mom, here's my brother, I mean diseased relatives who are constantly said to have come to take them over to facilitate the passing. And there's this is much more complex than that. And just you know, big paint brushes, right, So, deathbed visions and other end of life phenomena paint a very rosy picture of the moment of passing. Can we believe that or are we fooling ourselves. I don't want to be taken for it, right, I mean, as much as I'm happy to have this rational belief, and really, I mean for me, is a terror to be you know, to believe something that's false. Well, let's look at it. Let's look at the phenomenon. Let's look at what explanations have been attempted or tentatively proposed, and we see that none of the normal explanations can actually account for the clinical facts. So we establish the credibility of dbbs. Then we do the same for near death experiences. To quite some extent, step into the light is not daytime television. I'm sorry to say. I know that I'm cutting off a part of the potential readership. Here is not an academic text, but it requires some commitment. You have to engage with the evidence. If you want to arrive at a beautiful belief that can take away your fear of death, you have to engage with the evidence. So you have to understand that deathbed visions are credible, near death experiences are credible, and it is reasonable to trust what spirit communicators tell us. It is reasonable to believe that they are who or what they claim to be, and I mean it takes quite a few pages to get to the understanding. Once or I have, let's we together. Once we've established me and the reader the door sources of information are credible, then the second part of the book looks at what they actually say and what it was. Again, so interesting from the personal, the human point of view and from the intellectual point of view is to see that people from totally different traditions, backgrounds, cultures, previous religious beliefs or non beliefs, they essentially say the same things.
Speaker 1: Doctor Parasiti, Let's go to a quick break and then you can pick up where you left off. You're listening to Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sandra Champlain and we are here with doctor Piero Parasiti, author of Step into the Light. Transform your fear of death by learning about life after life.
Speaker 3: Let's continue, people from totally different traditions, backgrounds, cultures, previous religious beliefs or non beliefs, they essentially say the same things. We know that from near death experiences. But it's amazing to see the same thing coming from deathbed visions and from spirit communication, and even more intriguing, many of the things they say concerning the afterlife and what happens to us are in direct contrasts to what is said by established religions, and that for me is a further element that indicates that their real sources, because they are relating not what you would expect their belief, they are relating an actual experience. So that's what Step into the Light is all about.
Speaker 1: And in the big picture, after reading it and not just reading it, but I think everyone has to go on this journey for themselves. And it's great to believe what other people say, but we need to experience it for ourselves to really get it, to really embrace the truth. But what do you see possible? I mean, it's not only just not having a fear of death, that's possible. What's possible with how people live life?
Speaker 3: Shorry, what's possible to say?
Speaker 1: How can people live life differently with having this information?
Speaker 3: Live in if live in a meter off the ground, if you got sorry, this came out of somewhere, But really, when you realize that this all important life that we think is the only way people say, oh, life is too short and it's the only one we have, et cetera. Well, actually not, actually not, Life is much grander than we can possibly think. And I mean, if really you spoke about the greatest scheme of things here, I'm really thinking of the greatest, greatest, greatest scheme of things. And I mean, and we do draw that conclusion funnily enough at the beginning and at the end of the book. Life exists at various different levels Earth or whatever material world we happen to be living, and at certain stages is one of those levels. There are other levels which we visit, apparently reportedly in a cyclical fashion. It seems, it appears we can conclude all these expressions. We can conclude that life is formed, or consists of, rather a series of cycles, including an earthly or otherwise material incarnation, followed by sojourns in various levels of the spiritual realms. There's not one afterlife. There are many, and there are often even in traditional spiritual traditions that you know they speak about the seven heavens and everything. There are concentric spheres if you want, or different levels, the material level being the what I say it is low, but it's not judgmental. It happens to be the more solid, the more material, and then you move when when you shed the physical body, you move into or through progressively more refined, more spiritual, less material planes of existence. But it is always existence. It's the same existence we are experiencing. Now. We exist in a non material world, and then we do reincarnate. That's the only conclusion we can draw from testimony and from evidence. And this happens how many times. I don't know how many angels can dance on a pin head, I don't know, but I would say many times. And we go through the cycle of earthly incarnation and life in the different spheres, so to speak, of the spirit world. But this is not like we're not on the same level. This is not a flat process. This is an upward process. I see it as a spiral going up. Because the meaning, the final, the quintessential, the fundamental meaning of existence is making experiences, is experiencing the very fact of experiences. And these experiences accumulate, They contribute to wisdom, to the age of our personality, of our soul, to the point that at some stage, when we've accumulated enough experiences through many of these cycles. Then when it's time to go back and drinkernate, well not anymore. Then we do finally merge into this unity fundamental consciousness. Call it God if you want to be religious, if you want to call it with a religious term, I'd rather call it cosmic consciousness or the ultimate nature of reality. And here I speak personally. I'm not speaking about evidence or facts anymore. That's my personal convictions. After studying these things for many years, after yeah, reflecting and thinking, I became convinced that the ultimate nature of reality is not matter, is consciousness. Consciousness creates matter, and not all the way around. I know this is difficult, but I love it. That's what I believe with you, and there are and there are very very, very very strong arguments that can be made for that, okay. And if that is true, that is perfectly consistent with what we are told by our sources of information. And therefore, at the end of these many cycles and processes and everything, we go back into being what we've always been, consciousness. We were consciousness to begin with. We manifested in earthly incarnations and unearthly incarnations the same we manifest on earth as material beings and in the spirit world as non material beings, but we still manifest as beings. And then at the end of the process, like a wave that has formed from the ocean and goes back in the ocean, but it was ocean all the time, and we've been consciousness awareness all the time, or that's all that exist.
Speaker 1: It's very well said. And there's an author named Mike Dooley who always says thoughts become things, so choose the good ones. So I want to just remind everyone who's listening right now about what you said about when things happen and they go through the mind. Someone had said the mind can make a heaven out of hell or hell out of heaven. And so with concepts like say reincarnation or merging into greater consciousness, there can be fear that comes up about, well, what's going to happen, And there's arguments on both sides for reincarnation and different things. And I always tell people go with what feels right. You don't believe in perfect we're all on our own journeys, but be careful of what the mind says. Because even when I was a five year old child, I wasn't thinking so far into the future as to what's life going to be like now, And the same thing happens to be afraid right now for what could happen in a thousand years merging into the consciousness. We have to trust that we have made it this far in life. We've made it through grief, We've made it through obstacles and struggles and even the terrible things people have made it through. But the bottom line is we made it through. So we will still be us in the afterlife, and yes we will continue, but we won't have this negative self talk.
Speaker 3: This is addressed again. Sorry for coming back to the book, because these are crucial questions that needs addressing, and these are addressed specifically with very specific quotes that again in a way which we do not begin to understand that merging in a thousand or a billion whatever you know, time apparently is a very earthly concept that doesn't apply to other parts of our existence. But let's say in this distant future, when we will apparently reportedly merge back into consciousness, we will not lose our individuality. And this is mysterious and marvelous. So even if now we've taken care of your death, fear of death tomorrow or you know, in thirty forty fifty years now. Don't have the fear. Don't replace that with the fear of marging back into consciousness, because that's not that's not really granted you. We do somehow retain our individuality even as part of this cosmic hall. Let me take a last stop, if I may, on why it's important to know what happens when we die and afterwards.
Speaker 1: Let me interrupt just for a second, because I think this would be a good time to go to the break and then you can come back with your last stab. You're listening to Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sanders Champlaine. We are with doctor Piero Parisetti, author of Step into the Light. Transform your fear of death by learning about life after life and after You were just about to say why it's so important that we believe in life after death.
Speaker 3: We have been repeatedly told and you know, the second part of the book is essentially made up of quotes. They are organized quotes and systematized and introduction and commentary to the quotes, but these are quotes from the sources. We establish the credibility of the sources, now we want to use them. Okay, on this particular subject, there is really an insistence on the part of our deceased friends on the other side, that being prepared, knowing what's going to happen to you once you shed your physical body is essential to avoid a period of confusion and bewilderment, which can actually be unpleasant. And some people experience when either they suffer a sudden death they were not prepared of for, or they have not thought about this, they don't know what to expect, or maybe the expect not to exist anymore. That makes the initial period of the afterlife a possibly unpleasant experience. Remember the medieval Christian prayer quoted by the late professor David Fontana Bless his soul, one of my really intellectual heroes, and he reminded of this prayer that says, God save me from a sudden death. Why it's the sudden element that's important, because a sudden death is a death for which we're not prepared and may lead, as I say, to this moment of yeah disorientation, bewilderment and possibly negative experiences, which is temporary because at the end of the day, we all naturally like a bubble, like a bubble of air from the bottom of the ocean, We naturally sohore up our discarnate selves, naturally soar towards higher dimensions. So that moment of disorientation and negativity is temporary. But if you can avoid it, so much the better. How to avoid it, be prepared, as the Scouts would say, be prepared by knowing what life after life.
Speaker 1: Is like, and our loved ones will be there the greatest. I have full faith.
Speaker 3: In that, indeed, absolutely, absolutely. Amongst the many fears about death is the fact that people are scared of dying alone. We never die alone. We always die even at the moment of death, we're surrounded by loved ones. And if we don't have I don't know anybody who doesn't have any this is loved one. But if we happen not to have, we have spiritual beings and spirit guides who come and greet you and help you transition in over so we do not die alone. And that's the first beautiful truth about death, apart from the fact that we don't die.
Speaker 1: Oh it's wonderful. And I think even probably for you and for me, there are times that we question everything that we've done and learned. It's like, is this really happening? I mean, I think for our human being, this we're not meant to remember twenty four hours a day the bigger picture, because I don't know if there would be the value in life. We still need some struggles to have successes, and there's so many things. But I and probably you live a different kind of life because we can't be caught up in our humanity too long, because all it takes is sharing or even some of our listeners might watch a video on YouTube and you think, oh, yeah, that's right. It is a much bigger picture. So I don't think we tend to buy into negativity as long. I think we can be more powerful in life as opposed to being a victim. We might say, okay, maybe this is in my life and I've got something to learn from my soul.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm with you entirely, and I think that we owe it to ourselves to try to improve ourselves, and that's you know, to avoid suffering if possible, and to create in our material lives the conditions as possible to be happy. But remember what I said a moment ago. We come to this earth or to other material worlds as well as we exist here, and we exist in the spiritual realm for one reason to have experiences. And there are certain experiences we are clearly told which are only possible in the material plane. Not all these experiences are positive. Unfortunately, we were not made or born to be happy all the time. We have to serenely admit that when we're having unpleasant experiences, we don't like it. I really was not well six or eight or ten months ago, and I hated it, and I was trying to squirm out of it. And like anybody would if you have a short tooth, you don't like it and you do anything you can to try to come out of that. However, from the greater, the far away perspective, we've taken a moment ago that is an experience, that is part of what we came to this earth for having experiences.
Speaker 1: And I think, like many of us know, whether it's a tooth or whether it's a loved one who dies. Once we've had that experience, we can make a difference with someone else whether it's you can make it through this, you learn how strong you are.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I had a friend of mine who ended up making a lot of money, so much money that he bought all the best things, traveled around the world, shared free with his friends, and he was miserable because being happy all the time you aren't happy all the time.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: So he gave it up and he's living. I mean, he still has money, but he's working. He's contributing to society, and that's where the true riches are.
Speaker 3: It's a he is a better human being. Did I say. I don't want to be judgmental, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean, yeah, I agree. Well, anything else you'd like to share, we're coming up to the.
Speaker 3: Top of the I think that we've discussed a lot of things, and I enjoyed a lot. That was always an outlet for my enthusiasm, and I really thank you for providing that. And I think the listeners who have endured by the blather, as we say in Glasgow, you may listeners will be baffled because they hear Italian undertones and scottishandertones in my speaking. Yes, I'm a Tally, I'm a Glaswegian Italian.
Speaker 1: That's a beautiful thing. You're a beautiful Oh you're so thank you, doctor Parisetti. And to our listeners, don't forget to check out his book Step into the Light, Transform your Fear of Death by learning about life after Life. Also you can find out more on his website Doctor Parasetti dot com, d R P A R I S E T t I dot com. This has been an incredible conversation and I'm just reminded by a show my mom and I watched earlier today. The actor Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor in the Disney movies. He's got a six part series called Limitless where he learns all about the human body, the mind, how to live a life with longevity. It's an amazing show, and he does all kinds of crazy things like swimming in ice cold water and dangling one hundred feet from a cable car and having to rope climb all the way up to the top, and so many things really pushing his limits, but also, like I said, to learn about longevity. The very last episode is about aging in the end of life. So they put him in a suit that was designed by MIT, Massachusetts Institute of Technology that he is this completely fit man, but this suit makes him feel like he's in his mid eighties, so it really restricts his movements. He's got to wear glass is that make his vision blurry. They block out thirty percent of his hearing. He's wobbly. He just is in a body that feels like what many people do when they're older. And as a result, they put him in a retirement community. And the lesson is to learn to accept that we're all going to age and death is on the horizon for all of us, and how we can really live life when we accept aging and we accept death. There is a woman at the end who does a meditation with him. She is a death doula or a death midwife. But there is something that just didn't sit right with me with her words because she was talking about it being the end, being the end of him, and I thought, great show, what if these death doulas talk people through like on the exhale, you will open your eyes and you'll be surrounded by your loved ones and you may see a bright light and things like that. So it just left me thinking maybe there's something to record there so that we can lose that fear of dying and then have that powerful life. I want to thank you for listening today. As always our home bases we Don't Die dot com. Come join our Facebook group, Come join one of our medium classes. Get to know your soul as the mighty one that it is. I'm Sandra Champlain and you've been listening to Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast am Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast Day and Paranormal Podcast Network. Make sure and check out all our shows on the iHeartRadio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com