Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back, We're black, We're brown a vision.
Speaker 2: It's Mandy Tiffany.
Speaker 3: Y'all, Hey, happy brandonbition Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yes, First of all, I saw that Drake was holding your baby.
Speaker 3: Listen. This is why I never post pictures.
Speaker 2: Of h First of all, I saw women in the comments try to holler. I was like, yo, I can't do y'a.
Speaker 3: I know, I know in the past, you know, people have been respectful, but y'all, I you saw dignity yourself.
Speaker 2: I literally saw I'm like, wow, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I had to read that comment if time she was saying the baby was young, because I was like, hold up, where's the delete button?
Speaker 2: I was like, and I was like, yeah, okay, I get that because I was thinking. I was like, that's a little bull but okay, I said, I'm not gonna lie. I was like, I told suit man, I said, who do I look like? He was like Drake, I said.
Speaker 3: Looks like Nandy woodruf too, it looks like.
Speaker 2: And that's also one was like, are you guys twins?
Speaker 3: I'm like, honestly, his whole the poor kid, his whole life. It was either you looked just like your sister and then around when did Drake come out, Like two thousand and nine, Drake got big. Then it was like Drake. Everywhere he goes Drake, Hey, Drake.
Speaker 2: He hates it. It's okay. I mean now you know, you know, like those memes that are going around, it's like, I'm gonna tell I'm gonna tell my kids, this is not that that. You gotta be like, I'm gonna know my kid, this is Drake. That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell Rio will only know him as uncle Drake. But it was a c was the happy birthday to him. I mean, it's going against every fiber of my big sister being to like give him more attention and he already gets as the youngest of four children. But yeah, it's his birthday. Twenty eight. Oh okay, Yeah, that's my little my little brother growing up first of all, living his best damn life. Just came back from one week in Hawaii I can't solo trip, and then follow it up with a week in Mexico, I believe, meeting up one of his friends who's traveling. So he's just showing off in his late twenties. I'm like, damn. At twenty eight, I was like tied down planning a wedding. He makes his twenties look really fun.
Speaker 2: So it's different, different types of fun.
Speaker 3: I'm very proud of him. Yeah, but what's new with you? Molly Moore? Have you You're basically almost get your fundraising goal.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if I were to go to mollymore dot com right now, I think we're like two thousand dollars away.
Speaker 3: Let me see, how often do you check? Like once a minute.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. I do see. I'm obsessed, especially like what I do, especially when I do, like a post or something I have to say. So, yes, we are like twenty five hundred dollars away, so we're ninety three percent funded fourteen days ago. There's some key things that I'm learning, so things I would have done differently. Probably the number one thing I would have done differently is from the very beginning, the higher ticket items Like I had some fun higher ticket items like ooh, come, I'll fly you to New York to come meet me. Girl, nobody cares, and then I didn't even see that. Wait, yes, well we said the book exactly And that's what I learned, which was actually really cool because I thought I had to have these higher ticket items that were like these like fun things, but no knowing what I know now, I should have had more higher ticket items that were just like get the book. And I've been adjusting since you can. You could always go and add new rewards. But it was just a good lesson that, Like one, I should have had bulk book buys from the very beginning, because I'm noticing, like, you know, there's trending up that people are buying five, six, ten books and I'm like wow, But I didn't have that in the very beginning, especially for like the big launch. I could have. Honestly, we probably would have already hit our our fundraising goal. And two, if I just would have pushed up the price per tier maybe like five bucks, that would have made a huge difference. I was nervous to because I was like, oh, lot of people don't want to get it for you know, twenty instead of twenty five for thirty five. But I should have because I keep forgetting that classic Tiffany, I know you know what it is, because I was like, well, I don't want people to feel like I'm at a book for twenty five dollars. It's like, no, you're you're contributing so I can use that money to buy books, and in exchange for contributing and donating, I'm giving you a book. But it's not like Kickstart, you're actually buying the book. Like it's not you know what I mean. I just felt weird, like, I you know, does it feel weird to say I'm buying a book for thirty bucks? And although I think I made it pretty clear and the Kickstarter copy, that really that when you're backing this project, that the money is going so I can order books for kids that don't have access, and I can hire teachers to write additional financial education curriculum that we could give away for free. But that I know now, I wouldn't have been so afraid to price just a little bit higher. I think people would have paid it happily because it wasn't just in exchange for a book, it was to do good work. So but I mean, I'm happy with the way. I mean, obviously that's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course you're nitpicking, Yes, that's what you do, but it is I mean, it's freaking amazing that you're like ninety nine point nine percent away from hitting your Like some projects just just die. Yeah, just fizzle out and die, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I have to say the moms and dads are amazing. Like it was like in the beginning, it was just like email, then like social then it was like I was dialing for dollars, messaging everybody on Facebook and texting and stuff like that. And then this last wave honestly has been like the moms. I reached out to my mom and she hit all her girlfriends and all of a sudden, I'm saying, like.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's I said, just sid uncles.
Speaker 2: So it's been like that rave and I'm like, yeah, do not underestimate the power of like people in your family to like ask some girl scout cookies.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's literally get five boxes, right.
Speaker 2: And then my art director and my illustrator they alway out to their moms, and also all the moms are like so we wrote like a little copy for them and like wrote step by step directions because no one knew how to do kickstarter, you know. So it's like and I actually made a little video to send to them, and they're like, oh, yes, I went to work. I showed them everyone the picture, and now I was like, use my phone and get the buck and I'm like, yes, mommy, so yeah, but it's been Honestly, it's been a really great experience. We learned a lot. I'm happy with it, obviously, with the end result and just things that we're learning, like, oh, knowing what I know now, I would have done this. I don't know that I'm going to do another Kickstarter, but what I am a consummate teacher at heart, and I feel like I know that people might have questions, so I want to be like, well, here's the best practices and what I would have done differently. But all in naw, it's been awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not so happy, Neil. I guess did you watch any bit of Kobe Bryant's I'm Homegoing.
Speaker 3: And other news? I didn't get a chance to watch it live, I know it was streaming. Yesterday was my first day being back in the office.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, how was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It went I mean it went really well. I kind of loved it. It was great. I know, I got home and my I was talking to my brother, you know, I called him to say a birthday and he's like, so, you know, how was it? How are you feeling? And I was like, or no. He said, how was it leaving you know, Rego and going to work, And I was like, honestly, it was really it was really exciting to like get on the train and go to the city and you know, he's with my mom, He's in a safe space. So I just didn't have a ton of anxiety. I'm sure it will be an entirely different story when it's the first day of daycare or the first day when someone says, you know, a nanny instead of my mother being here. But she really had the tough job because homeboy's been on a bottle strike for two weeks, and right when I went back to work, he was like, I'm only gonna eat from mommy, please, I'd like to keep my seat at the Mama Cafe open VIP only. So yeah, but bless her heart, she got him to drink from a bottle yesterday, and once I got that news, everything was great and I'm so, you know, it could be so much. I'm so I feel so blessed to have flexible work schedule. I went to an office. They had the mother's room already for me, with like a mini fridge and even a new little sign that says occupied, and a lock on the fridge so people can't go in because you know, it's a shared space like a wellness room slash slactation room, so people can't go in there and mess with my stuff. They have a lock on the fridge and a little filing cab then I can lock my I brought my little pump to work, okay, And yeah, I feel really you know, went very smoothly, and I know for a lot of women that's not the case. So I feel very fortunate. Yeah I do, indeed. So all that said, yeah, I got home and finally saw some clips from his memorial service, which looked beautiful. But I mean, god, Vanessa's speech and how she got herself on that stage, I doubt in this place she's a hero.
Speaker 2: I don't know, honestly. Like and then, first of all, some of the things I liked it. There was like little reprieves, like when Michael Jordan was like, damn it, Kobe, you know, I love you got me. I'm gonna be doing seeing more crying memes for the next four years. And I love that it was like I thought that was allowed.
Speaker 3: He's like, I love that he knows he's a meme.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was like, he knows for Michael, I know, but he was like, whatever your worth is. So honestly it was. Yeah, it was beautiful and obviously super sad, and it just it's just a testament to a life, you know, imperfect life, but still a life well lived, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I also feel like it's given people a chance to just grieve anyone they've known who's gone too soon, and just another reminder of how precious and short life is and the importance of good dads. And I think it was a post that Lovey Ajai did I say that right posted on Instagram where she kind of acknowledged that in a way, one of the silver linings, you know, albeit small, from Kobe's passing, is that it's given men, especially men of color, and opportunity to say it's okay to grieve openly and to share your feelings and your emotions, and to look around that room and see all these big, tough athletes really showing their heart, yes, writing tributes to him, you know, using their voice to acknowledge their pain and not just like you know, tough it out and you know, as they say in sports, not that I am so sports, you know, savvy, but just fight through the pain just to walk it off. You know. That struck me because I think that's true. I think it has given people, especially men, a chance to say it's okay to admit that you're hurting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and honestly too too. What I like too that kind of came of it. It was like, you know, when when everybody was just like it was a celebration of black fatherhood, you know that whole girl dad, I mean, I know there was I just loved seeing that that, Like, you know that because people will always tell you too.
Speaker 3: It's like what an you know what a representation of ye what? You know, like a black father are really there for his daughter, really there for his family.
Speaker 2: And happy that he has daughters because people will always say stuff like poor you. Like even as a kid, I would hear people tell my dad that when he said, like I have all daughters, it would be a lot of poor you, poor your father, poor you. And he'd be like, no, not poor me, Like my daughters take really great care of me, you know. So I just love that that, like, because people will always say, oh, girls are so much harder to raise than boys, and I don't subscribe to that children are hard to raise, period. It's just different, you know. Like I see my sister with her her two kids. She's got a boy and a girl, and I just see that it's different. It's not harder.
Speaker 3: You know, they will all pan poop on you.
Speaker 2: What m I tell you? Like even you know how you said that rio and like reverted back was like I was on the bottle, but now I want the boob, And now I'm I guess because boob is out here, I guess I'll take the bottle. It's strange how children would back. Like Amelia was so good potty training. She was like one and a half using the potty. Now that she's turning three, I'm like, girl, she's like, he didn't make it, and you're happy.
Speaker 3: And I don't call that a regression.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know why she's progressing. My sister was like, honestly, no less than she went to a visit THEMN She's like, no less than three times when I was there she missed the toilet. Like I think what's happening is that she's like tested, Like let's see, like I want to keep playing. I think I can do I think I can make it, and then it's like literally she'll get up and she's like, oh, didn't make it. You're like, you know what, go get a diaper.
Speaker 3: We're not playing this game, you know, So I just go put a swimsuit on.
Speaker 2: But it's crazy how kids are regressing. And I'm like, I wonder, like why that is that, Like, you know, they'll be doing so good and then one day be like, psych, I'm actually not gonna sleep in the night, or I'm gonna poo pull on myself or whatever that is. I wonder what that is about, you know, like where regression comes from.
Speaker 3: I have no I mean, I feel like I lose sleep thinking about why he's done what he's done. And it's just like you can't reason with a baby. Terrorists, Like there's just no figuring them out. Just just catch whatever. I mean, I say, this is my new mom, a new baby every day, a new baby every day. No day is the same, his likes, his dislikes. Whatever worked yesterday is not going to work today. However he slept last night, it's not.
Speaker 2: Going to be.
Speaker 3: You know, if you get two days in a row, cool new baby tomorrow, Because I would yep, I would totally be like, Okay, this is it, this is a new trend. I'm ready. And then he'd be like, I'm gonna take a left turn here into crazy town and.
Speaker 2: Left yellow rice. And then it's like, why would you give me yellow rice? You yeah, but you know what have you watched? You know? Netflix has that documentary Baby where they follow like a baby, like all these babies for one year. You know, she just watched it. I think it'd be really interesting to see, like they really wanted to see like what does like, you know, develop it look like in a baby over one year, and they like tracking babies from like Singapore, Israel, the United States. I think that, you know, if you have any time, you know, like plugging into it. I was watching it last night. It was just really fascinating.
Speaker 3: They do change and it's crazy and that you and you're right like the thing like they change every day and also like toys that he didn't give two flying flips about two days ago. Now he's like, oh, this is amazing. I know how to use this, and you know it's they do develop really quickly, so quickly he's getting way more interesting. My mom is so good with him. She can give him to giggle so hard and it is super super cute. But babies aside, what else is happening? And I feel like the other two headlines have been Weinstein's convictions? Can we get an amen? And you know, you know, good job, you know, trying to make us feel sympathetic for you with that walker, right.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I was like, are you kidding me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now you still look like a villain. And the other thing was like coronavirus. I mean that's the one. You know, We've all been watching the news and you think about the health implications of epidemic like that or are they calling it epidemic? I'm not sure. I don't want to like scaremonger, Yeah, but the risk of something like that. And then what happened yesterday? The market crash And my mom was like, why would the coronavirus? How could a some kind of flu influence markets? But China makes everything, y'all everything, all the factories for your iPhone, for your shoes, for your clothes. A lot of that happens in China, and these companies like Apple has come out saying that they may be low on the parts they need to make the iPhone because of concerns of the workers going to work in China and those products leaving China, and even like some pharmaceutical companies have come out saying that like they may not have the ingredients for the drugs that are made in China. And the Dow dropped, I think the lowest it's been in two years, or the biggest drop it's had in a single day in two years yesterday. So no cheez for the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I remember hearing that, and I was just like, uh, this is crazy, and I feel like I'm reading somebody conflicting kind of like reports about just how many people have passed. And did you see that? I saw an article I didn't know if it was like I can't remember when I saw it where it's like they arrested a chemist here in the United States and for what I don't know. I mean, I don't eliminated it spread it because I was like, I was trying to remember where I read because I wanted to pull it up. But I'm like, this is reputable. I couldn't remember the article where, so I'm like.
Speaker 3: Am I sent from an aunt or an uncle? It was not reputable?
Speaker 2: I know, right, O.
Speaker 3: That's the lesson I've learned.
Speaker 2: Especially via WhatsApp. I'm like, mommy, please you that is where the oh, what's thatpp? If I get one more? What's that? Messed with? My father messes me. I'm on what's app. I'm like great, another person, Yeah, no, it's it's such a crazy, scary time because I feel like not enough people are are being honest about what's happening. I just wondered, like, like you know what I don't like Like, so a friend of mine, he was supposed to go to an eyewear conference in Milan and then the conference this is one of the largest conferences for I were in the world. They can't so not a conference one of those things where you could buy the glasses, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like like a trade showy trait mm hm.
Speaker 2: And so they canceled it.
Speaker 3: And that one there was just like one patient Italian patient in a Spanish hotel, according to the news, that had the Yeah, that had coronavirus or tested positive. So I mean, you're mad, but like Europe is so interconnected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see why they.
Speaker 3: Were hyper alert.
Speaker 2: And so he was like, okay, nothing, that's fine that it was canceled. I get it. So when he went to the airlines to say well, because he was bringing his whole team, They're like, we don't consider the state of emergency. They wouldn't give him any money back. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm like, well he for.
Speaker 3: Him get to decide what's the state of emergency.
Speaker 2: Well he gets like, basically, Italy is not it's not claiming a state of emergency. So they're like you see what I mean? And he's like, yo, but I was going for this event that was canceled. It's been so crazy because i'm you know, of course, the airlines are trying to protect their profit margins, and it's like, when does it become that I get my money back for things that are happening like this, you know, travel, I'm sure it's right now. It's like really confusing because of this of the coronavirus.
Speaker 3: And it had happened, you know, right around the Chinese New Year, the whole original not the original outbreak, but the news of the outbreaks spread around there, and there's so much travel, you know, especially for visiting family in China for the for the holiday. Oh yeah, I mean I definitely on the train yesterday. I feel you know, my immune system. I'm like, I haven't been in the public in three months, Like it's my immune system even working anymore. But you could see more people on the train wearing those masks. Who knows how effective those masks.
Speaker 2: They say they're actually worse, Like there are certain masks, yeah, they said that. Literally the mask traps in like all the things that you're like, so the thing that you're trying to Yes, I was like, now, there are some masks that are helpful, but it's not the ones that you're getting like online there you're actually like if you when you put it on that there was anything floating around, you've effectively guaranteed you're gonna get whatever because you have now trapped it inside with your nose in your mouth, like, hey, nice and cozy in here, thanks, Like yes, I was just like, oh, so, like there are some masks that are helpful, but they're like most people who are using those masks, they're not the right one. So doing a little bit more research about the right mask if you are gonna wear one.
Speaker 3: M it's a scary word. Hand sanitizer. Get to me. I know it doesn't protect against the coronavirus, but the flu shot. Still, you know, got you covered for a couple of different types of flu. Go on and get it. Yeah, my poor little cold flu seasoned baby. I'm just like, if I could put him in a just a plastic bubble when he needs to leave the house, I would because I'm you know, you get so worried about about your baby catching something. Yeah, so far, so good.
Speaker 2: Knock on wood, that's good.
Speaker 3: Shall we take some question?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's time for a PAVD part of the show, and you know, we take our questions seriously between you and me, Mandy, Tiffany questions wherever.
Speaker 2: You were going? I was with you. Yeah, I wasn't shure where I was going the whole lie. I was like, well, let's see, let's see where this is gonna go. And I probably forgot the you know me like, if it's not a song that I can improperly sing, then as soon as I say it, it's gone. It's gone for me, it's gone.
Speaker 3: Jesus take the wheel. Sorry today, man, it's fine. I would love to take So we have a question. Oh, she's calling you out, Tiffany, because I think we did forget about something. This question comes from a listener who didn't leave her name. I'll just call her Denise. She says, Hey, ladies, I was wondering if Tiffany was still going to share her template for choosing a financial planner or if I missed it. Thanks for always being so real and transparent. It makes people like me who are introverts feel less alone. Ah, yes, she says, congrats on Mollie. She says, wait, it keeps going after her question. I had to share, because, she says, Mollie is so gorgeous and a chocolate goddess, and Rio is a hand with all that gorgeous hair.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 3: Thank you so sweet, But for real, though, where's that template?
Speaker 2: No, you're right now, and you know, here's the thing, like I actually have to go through and take out like my stuff. But I yeah, so, but I can get you that Google Zach today because honestly, you're not the first person who's asked me. Because I really want to help in it. It's helped significantly, So I just have to go in. I got to copy it, go in and just like a race like my numbers, so you can kind of feel in your own. But I wait, how do we hmm, I guess I should do it. And I'll set it to you non edited, so that way, meaning that no one could just go in and edit it, but you could copy and paste it that you please, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just update your Google Yeah, your your Google doc settings. Yeah, I love a Google Doc. What did I do before Google?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't even know how I lived? How did I live? You were emailing and like not sure? Look you guys, sound in your heart?
Speaker 3: What is that song?
Speaker 2: I'm living is?
Speaker 3: Without you? I can't get.
Speaker 2: I can't get.
Speaker 3: No, Okay, anyway, leave this thing into Tiffany.
Speaker 2: Yes, unfortunately, but no, absolutely I will. I'll get that to Mandra today. I like it, so today I will just text I can.
Speaker 3: Put the Google doc in the show notes, okay. And yeah, because we talked about that on a few episodes back when you were talking about what's your planner's name? Angela Angelie Angelie? Yeah, and I remember, I'm gonna go. Yeah. I'll post some show notes with a link to that, hopefully in this week's episode. So check the show notes. Also, while you're there, check out our sponsors. Click on through see if you can get some good deals on the come. But he's that support us. Yeah, shameless plug because you know, if you want to support us, support them. Yes, all right, excellent. Here is our second question from a listener on Instagram. We will call her, won't just call her re Re. She says, I've listened to about thirty episodes and I'm running through the catalog because y'all are just so relatable. Oh, a new listener, My question is, how do you go about buying stock for children or other little people in your life? I want to give my godson, who is one years old, a long term financial gift every year, but I'm trying to figure out where to start. I listened to an episode not too long ago where Maybe talked about target date funds, so I'm considering that, but I think it'd be cool to get him actual stock. Is he too young to have stock in his name? Should I wait till he's older so there isn't much risk from now until he's about eighteen or twenty five? Thanks for your help. Oh what a good godmother.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've done this.
Speaker 3: Lots to unpack here. Yeah, you want to start?
Speaker 2: Yes? So what I did was at first I was just like saving, like saving money for my god children and mind, this is my nephew. Now I've such I've then, so I've switched it over to to your point, a target date fund, and it's like a I think it's a custodio account. I just did. I like Angelie helped me to set it up where we just aggressively because they're so young and they're all under like the age of five, we just aggressively invest. So it's a mutual fund. I'm not investing in individual stocks for them, although that's something you certainly can do, but I just wanted to. Like, so what I do for their birthdays is instead of really getting them presence presents, sometimes I do, but typically I just put money in that fund now, so it just makes it easier. And their parents are like, you know, especially when kids are little and everyone's kind of giving them toys, and to strut to the matter, is they rather the box anyway? I think it's just a better place to put money. So that's what I did. I opened up a target date fund, a mutual fund, and I just put money in there every holiday that makes sense, and their birthdays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because sodial is the right word for that. So if you have I think under the age of eighteen, you can, and a custodial account, which means as the adult, you control it, and then I think when they turn eighteen, the kids can take control of it. I we've gotten actually, in my husband's goddaughter, we got her a few stockpile gift cards which if you really just want, you know, to buy some stock. Stockpile and there's a couple other companies that you can buy fractional shares of stocks, so you know, if you want to give them Google and it sounds awesome, but Google's worth like, I don't know, what is it, like a thousand bucks? Yeah, I'm making that up. And you have money like that, you can get her, like or him a twenty five dollars, you know, fractional share in Google and a twenty five dollars fractional share in Tesla or whatever it is that you want, and then you know it's it's actual stock. It's also a custodial type account that you know, it's a good way to teach or fun way for them to learn about the market. Now, your one year old, I imagine, probably isn't going to sit down with you and learn about the stock market. And in that case, I almost want to say, for me, those those like stock gift cards are fun, kind of gimmicky, you know, fun ways to like learn and teach about the market. But for long term investing for a child, I feel like the way Tiffany's doing it makes the most sense. It's more practical. You're not just investing in a couple of different companies, you know. When you get a target date fund, you know, and when you invest that in mutual funds, which are it's kind of like getting a sample of all the different stock that you could invest in versus just picking just a few, and it spreads out your risk and it kind of takes the guesswork out of picking what you're going to invest in. I think that makes more sense. And so you could open a custodial IRA at you know, any brokerage firm wherever you have your four to one K or your retirement fund now is probably a fine place to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly so. And also too, it doesn't have to be a retirement account. It could just be like an account, you know, Like I think sometimes people think that like you have to do like a retirement account, and it's like you can, but it doesn't. I mean, it's helpful. But it doesn't have to be like you can open just like I always call it like a like a I call it like my wealth building account because I have my retirement accounts, but I also have my wealth building accounts. But yeah, sending aside and then typically what I do, honestly, especially when they're little, I still might like send a book or whatever, but then I'll just like take a screenshot and send to Like my sister's like, look, I put money, and I put the money on account for the baby, and they're.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, thanks, that's great, that's amazing mm.
Speaker 2: Hm, because it just makes it, you know, easier, like I said, especially when they're little, like honestly a two to like five or six year old. I mean what my sister dud was, I think is hilarious because she was the first to have kids, so they were getting so many toys that she like rolls them out. She's like, girl, they still have half their Christmas gifts still, Like She's like, I'll put them up so that way it feels like new things all year.
Speaker 3: You know, Oh that's clever.
Speaker 2: So that way she's like. So in other words, that's why when I found out she did that. I was like, so that you really don't need new gifts. She's like, I really don't. That's why I was like, well, let me just put this money. If I'm going to spend fifty bucks on Roman, I might as well put fifty bucks on his account since he has to even open up all his gifts from his last you know, last birthday.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, I'm not ready for all the stuff. I'm a little afraid of the stuff. And then for me as a parent, if you open up an account where people can contribute to it, that's also really nice. Like if you open up your account, then anyone can contribute to it. You can like send her on a link. I think some accounts do that now, especially if it's like a college savings fund, and.
Speaker 2: Makes sure to put the like one of the things I made sure to do was to make the parent the beneficiary. Yes, you know, so God forbid. Something happens to me and it's not like, oh, this account was for real, but Tiffany never, so what's going on here? You know? So it's like, no, no, if I'm not here, it goes to Mandy exactly.
Speaker 3: It's a good tip, all right, ra Ree, Well, thank you for thank you for being a new listener and catching up on the show.
Speaker 2: I want to take one more question. I feel like the first one wasn't a real question.
Speaker 3: I don't have another one, like, oh no, that was a real question.
Speaker 2: No, but you know what I mean, Like, I like, like that was just me saying like, yeah, girl, of course I'll share my thing with you.
Speaker 3: I like to throw you an easy one and then a hardball. All yes, Well, thank you guys. If you want to hit us up with your questions, Instagram is a great place to start. We're at brand Ambition Podcast on Instagram. You can also send us an email directly Brand Ambition Podcast at gmail dot com dot com.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for boost or breaking? Ah, you gotta boost?
Speaker 3: You gotta boost?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna break? Now it's time for break or boost? Thing? Are you gonna bread? Are you gonna bread? Are you gonna booze? What will you do? Many may? Will you boost? Okay?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Something in my throat? That was a Christmas tune? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know what I feel like? Maybe I'm just feeling like a light and free because I'm like, huh, A lot of the stress of like, you know, running a pic Kickstarter' like we're just we're finally here. I can let it go.
Speaker 3: So I'm sorry, Okay, let it out, Let it out, Let it out. You send your Christmas Carol.
Speaker 2: So are you gonna boost or are you going too brisk?
Speaker 3: I've got a break this week, you know, I want to take a break for the I was just tabulating how much money I've spent on this products recently. I just had gotten like eighty dollars worth of divacurl products for my hair. If you're a curly hair girl out there, you probably have used Divacurl. They've been around forever. And then I saw something that the company. I followed them on Instagram and they posted this like weird message, you know, about how they value their customers, and they have a note to their customers on their website, YadA YadA, And I'm like, what has happened? And I go to their website and they are basically saying, you know, we've heard from you guys about issues with our products. We're investigating it, blah blah blah. And then I have to like go backwards to figure out what's happened. And apparently there's a class action lawsuit against Diva Curl from all these women who claim that their products have made their hair fall out. Yeah, and enough claims for the company to issue a statement like that. I mean, it sounds like scary stuff. And I have I mean, I haven't used I'm like a product, I'm not very loyal to different I like to try different things and whatever. But yeah, I had just bought this huge, like forty dollars bottle of their conditioner and their leaven conditioner and some like gel or whatever, and I had started to use it again for the first time in like a month or two. And I now I'm looking at eighty bucks that I've just I guess I just throw it down the drain. I don't know what to do. So, but if y'all are listening, I know the company. They said they're responding to people in the comments on their Instagram saying, you know, contact our customer service line if you're interested in a refund. I haven't done that yet. I don't even know if I have the receipt for the stuff that I bought. I might eat somewhere. But if you're a divacurl user, I mean, it sucks because they don't seem to know for sure what the issue is, and I know it's going to take them a long time to figure out if at all there was an issue. But they are. They are like the Curly Hair brand, you know, they were one of the pioneers.
Speaker 2: I wondered, like, yeah, I'd be curious to know. I mean, I don't. I mean, obviously I don't know because I is it like because just so many people use it, and those folks I don't know because you just don't know because you're like your hair is not falling out. But just because your hair is not falling out doesn't mean someone else's hair is not falling out.
Speaker 3: I know. And I've really read because like you know, people can claim anything, but I really read some testimonials from like Divacare hair stylists because now they have salons who have said I do not ever. I use the products on myself and all my clients and we all have hair loss issues. And I mean I guess, like where there's smoke, there's fire. But like I said, it's enough for me to be like maybe I won't take a chance. Yeah I'll take the hit, And you know, another day, another hair product in my life. That's just what so I don't know what I mean. I went out and got some my hairstylists recommended like a brand of like organic shmancy fans see stuff. So I'm gonna try that out. Okay, Yeah that sucked. So if you're a diva care diva curl Sorry diva curl right, user, I feel your pain.
Speaker 2: Well I am going to boost. Okay. So this weekend it was really fun. Myself and a big group of friends. We went to go see Evan. You know, she's Molly from Insecure, which is also a comedian. So she came to Newark for she's doing a tour, comedy comedy special tour which has been like sold out around the country. It's I think it's called from Legas to La or something like that. But she was hilarious. Honestly, How you say that?
Speaker 3: How you say lagos legis?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait, I've been saying it wrong my.
Speaker 2: Entire You've been saying lagos.
Speaker 3: Lagos niche I apologize.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like when I learned it was quinoa not quinoa, I continue.
Speaker 2: I was embarrassed by that came because I said along and strong. I was like, can I have the Quinn now yeah. I was like, wait what it's Keiwah anyway, so yeah Laiah so so she's yeah. So it was awesome. Honestly, it was sold out and it was just someone was like, I brought a few friends with me that weren't Nigerian. I don't yeah, I think so my friend lived this Nigeria anyway. My husband was like, wow, I thought it was just you, like, you know, like she's she said, it was like watching you on stage because you know, like the next years we all have the same stories, and you know, I was like, it's just so funny. I think the audience was filled with Nigerian so we were all cackling because it was like she was telling our life story on stage and so she was hilarious. It was funny, and it was just funny to see my non Nigerian friends be like, oh, so you're not exaggerating because that's what you're talking about. I'm like, exactly, the trauma is real. So yeah, I just wanted to boost her and because I can't imagine how hard it is to get on stage and crack these jokes and hope people like them. It's nerve wracking and you know, and to do it night after night after night. I feel like she's had like over ten tour stops, some including in Africa. So I'm just really proud of her, and you know how hard she's been going. And if you head on over to evan og on Instagram, you might see me in the slide show, you know, doing my almost almost dropping low for Jesus with my with my not so meg the stallion knees. But yeah, so it was just a really good time and we got to hang out with her backstage, my sister and I for a little bit before she jumped on. So it was just that. I mean, so I know how hard it is to like for people to go hard for their craft. So I just want to like a little spotlight on someone that is doing a really good job.
Speaker 3: Is she gonna do like a Netflix special? I'd love to watch.
Speaker 2: She is she's doing well? Not Netflix an HBO special?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, sweeting.
Speaker 2: I know, so I think what it seemed like. I don't know if the HBO special is like a collection, like because she had like videographer there, so I don't know if it's like that's what she's taping for, like all around the country and all around the world. You know, yeah, so yeah, but I'm sure I'm hoping that you know, you guys would be to see this as a special. But she did say that she has an HBO special.
Speaker 3: So it was awesome, beautiful, funny, talented, inteligen I.
Speaker 2: Can't, I can't, and it's super nice and down to earth. She's just awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when's in Secure coming back? I need some Insecure in my life.
Speaker 2: She said downstage too, she was like, you know, we've been renewed for like a next season and it drops I forget what she said, but it's going back soon. Speaking of which, have you seen the photograph that looks so good with the ray that love photograph? No, no, it's called the She's Got a movie.
Speaker 3: The movie with Lakeiths Standing. Yes, I know, I haven't seen it, but it looks really good.
Speaker 2: I know I want to see. I feel like it's you know, it's like a boot up movie. I'm like, it came out on Valentine's Say, I really want to see. Someone said that she is just so beautiful and it's just a really beautiful, unproblematic black love story, which I'm like, you know what I'm here for.
Speaker 3: It. I need to see that. I need to see Queen and Slim. I need to see everything. I think I'm just going to see all the movies I missed in another year. You know when I when I feel when I can get back into society. Yeah, m.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is our shizzo. Ope you nizzo. How much we love y'all and we love getting new listeners. So tap your sister, your cousin, your friend and them and say have you listened to ron a Mission? Because they give me my life every week? Yeah? Me and many really love doing this. And I can't believe it's been four years, right, mandra.
Speaker 3: Four and a half years. We're not fifth season, we're almost past Toddler.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Season over two hundred episodes, over a million downloads. You watch your best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, I remember when you were like, which is like, right, why did you ask me about the podcast? What's it like? At a thin Con?
Speaker 3: We met at thin Con and I feel like the next year we had a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, and you were like, we should do a podcasts. I want to do a podcast, and I was like, okay, even though I was like not sure what it is, but sounds cute and we even going long and strong. So it's been awesome.
Speaker 3: Well, congrats on the success of the kickstarter, so proud of you. Get my copy. When do you expect the wait, the book's not coming out until the fall.
Speaker 2: No, no, the book goes out comes out in April.
Speaker 3: Like so I ordered okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So what happens is like beforehand, I had to because I'm doing like the hybrid hybrid publishing, which is like it's a publisher, but I have to carry all the costs. But in order to get into like any sort of like Barne Nobles or whatever, you have to go through a publisher. But I wanted to keep on my phone. So I was like, I chose a great hybrid company called Y's Ink, and so I had to order copies out of pocket. Hucha. I was like forty thousand dollars for ten thousand copies because like four bucks a copy and like and then so anyway I did that. The books should actually be fully printed by the end of March early April, and as soon as they come in, I'll start mailing them out and then April eighteenth, it's official launch. But I really want to get y'all your books before you know, before you know that it actually officially launches. That's like, that's the aim. So I'm praying that they because you never I mean, with the printer, it's all up to them. I've done everything I'm supposed to do. I made my payment all the things. Now I'm just like, come on, prints are pricked so you can come here in time. If you haven't already. You want to get a copy of your own bizook, you can go to Molly m A l I more mr dot com. And even if you're watching this, like listen to this, like five years from now, that will be the website where you could just order books anyway it might. It won't be the kickstarter website. Which is it? Which it is right now?
Speaker 3: Oh fabulous? M h, I can't wait. All right, Well, the hard work, hopefully is the hard hard work for this is hopefully behind you, and now it's just enjoying all the fruits of that labor.
Speaker 2: Congressions. Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, will have a good rest of your week, and we will see y'all next week. I'm brimbition. Bye.