Speaker 1: Boulet Cap Podcast special guests in here representing Victorville. I've never said that before. Janaia is here.
Speaker 2: Welcome, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: So were you like born and raised in Victorville? Yes, what's that like?
Speaker 2: It's it's it's very desolate out there, very boring. It's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of like just illegal trap houses and weed grows out there. Yes, that's where everybody they leave LA and then they go to Victorville or Apple Valley and then they grow tons of drugs in their backyard.
Speaker 3: Yes, a lot of abandoned houses.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I know way too much about Victorville, and I'd be in Apple Valley a lot. I actually have a Victorville story. I broke down driving from Vegas to Paid Dues festival. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, okay, So maybe like ten years ago, there was this festival that merges to throw called paid Dues. It was like a rolling what's not rolling loud? It was like rock Do you remember Rock the Bells at all? It's before your erak. Anyway, I had like I don't know, sixty tickets to this thing that I stole from my promotions director at the radio station in Vegas, right, so I'm like, all right, we gotta go to fucking It was at UH in San Bernardino, and I had all this, all these tickets. I was like, I gotta gout there and sell them. I'mnna scalp these fucking tickets.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We broke down in the middle of the desert. Oh my We me and my best friend David hitchhiked with some drunk ass fools who were drinking and driving like a twenty four pack of bud Light the whole time. No, we stop in Apple Valley at like the craziest trap house I've ever seen in my life. I'm thinking, these guys are gonna kill us at harvestar Organs.
Speaker 3: Not Harvest Organs.
Speaker 1: It was wild. We're like texting people like, yo, bro, we're in some place called Apple Valley.
Speaker 3: I never been a fuck No, I know you were scared.
Speaker 1: It was just wild. It was like, I didn't like, I still haven't seen this part of Apple Valley I was in because it was fucked up, like there was like a park like a horror movie basically. Yeah. And then we ended up in Victorville, and then finally we got dropped off in San Bernardino. But that was my first impression of your city. But I've been back a lot more so.
Speaker 2: Well damn, I mean, I hope I can make a better impression than that for Victorial Do.
Speaker 1: You guys like, like, as a kid, do you grow up like coming to LA for stuff or cause it's kind of far?
Speaker 2: I honestly had never been to like La really, yeah, my whole life, I was really in just Victorville. That was it.
Speaker 1: So what like when you're growing up, like, are you singing the whole time?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, that was all I had, right, you know, I had a big imagination being somewhere where there's not a lot going on, Like out here there's so much going on, But when you're in a town that's just so desolate and there's really nothing, all you have is your imagination and your talents to just kind of distract you.
Speaker 1: What was for you like the moment where you started to catch some sort of attraction because obviously you're signing a deaf jam, that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: I would say it took me.
Speaker 2: It took me a while. I started my TikTok when I was seventeen eighteen, and I was just posting covers on there really, right, it took a while for people to give me attention. It took about thirty forty videos until I like hit a big video.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, gotta be consistent, Yeah, gotta be consisting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was very frustrating because TikTok, like you just never know with it.
Speaker 3: So that was the thing for me.
Speaker 2: But around twenty nineteen, twenty twenty is when I really started to gain traction with just my covers.
Speaker 1: So the covers are what did like people just heard you? Do you remember what song you covered that was like the one that really.
Speaker 2: I would say the first one was one plus one by Beyonce okay, and then the second one was Nobody's Supposed to Be Here by Deborah Cox.
Speaker 1: Oh you got the jams yup? So for you, like, because I feel like a lot of people they'll go on TikTok or they'll go on like the maybe it's YouTube or reels or whatever, and they get like super deflated or discouraged when like the first like ten videos don't work and then they kind of give up. Like for you, was it just like no matter what, you gonna.
Speaker 2: Just had nothing to lose, really, I had nothing to.
Speaker 1: Lose in the desert hangs.
Speaker 2: I was working at Walmart at the time, Like, oh yeah, cashier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was motivation in Victorville.
Speaker 2: Walmart in Victorville, that was motivation enough, Like that had nothing to lose.
Speaker 1: You had to have seen some Shiit was this a twenty four hour Walmart?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: This was like and this was d It's my favorite COVID.
Speaker 3: Too, when people were going crazy.
Speaker 1: And taking all the time in the middle of Victorville. What kind of wild ass ship did you see?
Speaker 2: We got You're not gonna believe me, we got We almost got robbed by somebody.
Speaker 1: I believe in a wheelchair. Were they overweight?
Speaker 3: I don't exactly.
Speaker 2: Remember the specifics of it, but we almost got robbed by somebody that was in a wheelchair.
Speaker 3: And that was that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Cargo shorts on and cargo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was America.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how that, you know.
Speaker 1: The Eagle T shirt and Maga hat. Yeah, and there like give me all your give me all your Marlboro reds. I want all the cigarettes now.
Speaker 2: All the cigarettes now, No, that happened, Let's go branded. They had me doing crazy stuff, Like I was the cashier, but they had me planning security sometimes because people would try and steal like the groceries and the whatever it is, and they're like go stand out front and make sure they don't leave. And I'm like I'm not.
Speaker 1: Did you work overnights?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yes, good for you.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I used to just go and get super high with my friends and hang on at Walmart when I was like fifteen because it was the only thing near our house. Like the shit you see at three in the morning in a Walmart's wild, No, especially out there because that's particular area.
Speaker 2: There is nothing to do, so all you do is go to Walmart and you know, see weird stuff happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm sure, Like yeah, are you like pretty hip to the fact there's like all the weed girls in the world are around your house? Yes, yes, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: It is pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of wild. Like uh and then like I go out there a lot because my friend has a ranch and like we'll like drive his Uh what are those the can ams, like the four wheelers just in the middle of apple valleys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, culture is the main Yes, that is the culture out there.
Speaker 3: Surprise that. Wow, it's great that you know all this.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't have to like explain it.
Speaker 1: To Oh I'm hip. Yeah, there's like yeah, I mean I've spent a lot of memorially weekends out there. And then we'll go to like everything's just so sad, Like I'll go to like a Stater Bros. Out there or whatever.
Speaker 3: It is just a terrible grocery store.
Speaker 1: Yea, it's a good yard sales in Apple Valley.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of old folks and drug dealers. That's about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's either.
Speaker 1: Really old people or really old drug addicts or drug.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the best way to explain it.
Speaker 1: Yo, what ups, Bootleg cav. We got to stop the interview to tell you about our folks at my bookie. That's right. So many ways you can gamble with my bookie right now. No, man, of course, you got NBA Playoffs Western Conference Finals, Eastern Conference Finals. They're set. I love Celtics first Lakers in the finals. All right. You can sign up at my bookie dot ag right now using that promo code Bootleg and get a very generous first deposit bonus. That's right. And they just got the craziest like revamp of the online casino. It's like a Las Vegas experience. If you play cards, blackjack, roulette, you shoot dice, whatever it is. They have like live dealers handling it for you wherever you're at. You could be at the airport and be playing fucking roulette on your phone. It's amazing. My Bookie dot Ag. Sign up with that promo code Bootleg right now. You can been on sports, you can do slots, you could do blackjack, craps, whatever you're into. My Bookie dot ag promo code Bootleg for that first deposit bonus and it is a generous one. Also, got to give a shout out to our family at King Palms. Shoutouts to King Pom Man if you only know about King Poms. There are a new sponsor on the Bootleg cap podcast and they got such a product. The best thing about King Palms is it's all organic, man, no tobacco in these wraps. They're straight leafs. And the best thing about them is they got this product, their flavor turping tips. All right, you stuff them? What's your product?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: We got one here here?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: We got one right here, We got one right here, all right? You stuff this with your premium cannabis from Hardy in Las Vegas. All right, you smoke up, pinch that tip. You're gonna get a burst of flavor. Yeah, this is the energy drink flavor. We got peach, pineapple, we got watermelon wave. Also, don't forget the goddamn blue grapes, you know what I mean. And also, this is a tobacco free wrap. It's totally organic. It's literally a leaf let. Me show you what I mean. That is just a big ass leaf guys. All right, So what you could do is go to Kingpom dot com. Weeds flying everywhere Kingpom dot com promo code bootleg, and now you can get fifty percent off of whatever you order a King dot com. And don't forget to check them out because they're everywhere. Your local smoke shop, your local liquor store, seven to eleven. Smoke the King Pom. All right, it's organic. It ain't like all that other bullshit. Y'all be fucking stuffing in your lungs, man, all right, shout out to King Pom, Kingpom dot com promo code bootleg right now, and it's actually promo co bootleg. Keev promo Coote Bootleg keV, not bootleg Bootleg keV, Kingpom dot com half off everything. Let's get back to the interview. Who would you kind of like say or your biggest influences as an artist.
Speaker 2: I would say number one, I would say Prince, and I say Prince. Yes, Prince, shot out the Prince. Shout out to Prince. That was the first piece of art that I listened to when I was a kid. That was like my awakening where I realized I wanted to do music. The first movie I ever saw was Purple Rain, and I remember.
Speaker 1: The first movie you ever saw in life.
Speaker 3: Purple Rain was Purple or at.
Speaker 1: Least the first movie, the.
Speaker 2: First movie that I remember saying over there, I was just really mesmerized by how he didn't care like what he was doing for back then, to be wearing what he was wearing and singing the way he was singing and righting the way. Yeah, it was just I was like, who is that? So I would say number one is Prince. Number two would be Beyonce.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a good one two punch. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Beyonce.
Speaker 2: I mean just her work, ethic in general, her just everything.
Speaker 1: About her have you sold any organs to get Beyonce tickets yet?
Speaker 2: No, not yet, but I'm planning on it.
Speaker 1: Because Renaissance tour. There's people I know who are going to Europe just to see the tour because it's like it's not even doesn't make sense to go here because it's so expensive.
Speaker 2: It's so expensive, but I gotta do its. No, I haven't seen her live yet, but I'm going to the Renaissance concert.
Speaker 1: You watch the Netflix the little like the Coachella performance.
Speaker 3: And it is good over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout outs to Beyonce, so you take prints over Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Would't necessarily say that. I wouldn't say that Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson's.
Speaker 1: For different reasons, like he was like an alien like talented human being.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're both very, very talented. I would just say leaned towards more towards Prince growing up.
Speaker 1: Shout out to what's your favorite Beyonce album? Oh that is so hard for Okay, shout out to Beyonce. Beyonce got Classics.
Speaker 2: I would say four and then Lemonade.
Speaker 1: After Lemonade's the one where it was like right after the breakup, right or that the elevator.
Speaker 2: Incident, right, yeah, the elevator incident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it wasn't Lemonade, the one that just came out out of nowhere. It was like one day we woke up and the album was out.
Speaker 3: I think. I think so, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Or no, I feel like maybe she's done that more than onths. Maybe I'm tripping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did that more than once.
Speaker 2: It was with that one and then her self titled album.
Speaker 1: So you've been putting out a lot of dope like visuals that everything's black and white? Why is everything black and white?
Speaker 2: Everything and everything is black and white? Because growing up out in Victorville, where there's really nothing and there's nothing going on, that's how I saw the world black and white. It wasn't until I started going other places, like coming out to LA and doing music and seeing the culture and just going different places that I felt like I started to see in color. It's really, really, really hard to Like I told you have an imagination out there for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't think people understand.
Speaker 3: No, it really is. You come out here and it's you.
Speaker 1: Know, you just see everything like you're kind of in the middle between Vegas and LA. Did you go to Vegas a lot as a kid.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yeah, my parents were. My mom was very strict growing up, so like I really didn't I really didn't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Did you watch the Simpsons or are you allowed to watch the Simpsons? Yeah, I don't know how strict. There's some moms who didn't let my friends watched the Simpsons or family.
Speaker 2: Of course, everybody's watched the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I got friends who grew up like super strict religious households. When we were over there, couldn't watch the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man can celebrate Halloween, you know, oh, like the Devil's Holiday, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I don't know, won't We won't get into that.
Speaker 1: So everything's black and white because you feel like being from where you're from. That was kind of like it's probably how a lot of people see the world, right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: How a lot of people see the world. But when you have a big dream, a lot of people are going to think you're crazy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: They see things in black and white, and that's how I see it.
Speaker 2: This might never get mad at people because your environment where you're at.
Speaker 3: Of course, when somebody tells you.
Speaker 2: I want to be. I want to be a big artist. They're going to be like, oh, that's not you know, that's not going to happen. That's why I say like, I wanted to give my audience a point of view from how I saw things, and I felt like in my city a lot of things were black and white.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Has there been any like rappers or anybody from out there that's popped off? I feel like I feel like i'd heard of somebody.
Speaker 2: If they're half I don't think they claim Victorville. I usually hear them say that they're from LA.
Speaker 1: That's a crazy statement. Yeah, I usually they're from that is up a hill.
Speaker 3: Usually they say that they're from to.
Speaker 1: Drive up a mountain to get there.
Speaker 3: Yes, you do.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: It was very interesting, but it's all right.
Speaker 1: Gotta stop the interview real quick to tell you about our family at Blue Chew. Baby. That's right, it's getting hot outside. You know what that means, fellas you're about to go get that dick wet. You know what I'm saying. It might as well be really hard. It might as well be as hard as it could possibly be. And with Blue Choo you will achieve such hardness, all right, it's seriously amazing, and the best part about blue Choo is you can find out if it works. Don't just take my word for it. They're gonna give you a month's supply for free. Go to blue choo dot com. Use that promo code Bootleg. Get a month supply for free bluetoo dot com promo code Bootleg. Now it's the same active ingredient as Viagra and Cialis, minus the awkward doctor appointment. You do not have to go see some old dude and tell them about your erectile dysfunction issues in person, because that's a fucking awkward conversation. Bruh. All you gotta do is go to bluetoo dot com right now, use the promo bootleg. They're gonna get you hooked up with a month of supply for free. You just gotta pay five dollars in shipping. No awkward doctor's appointments. Same active ingredient as Viagra and Siallist. Plus they got the blue Choo mint. It's a chewable it's great, tastes like mint. It's also the same active ingredient as Levitra. So summertimes coming, fellas, you don't want to underperform. Make sure your dick is rocked up, baby, all right, go to bluetoo dot com. It's the promo code Bootleg. Hey man, it works. What do you want from me? It fucking works. Everyone should have a little blue Choo in case with an emergency. You might have an emergency. You need a Papa Blue Choo. Chew it. It's a chewable, you know what I mean. Anyway, Also got to shout out to our family at odds Socks. Don't forget. Go to odd socksofficial dot com. Promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off. Man, they got the underwear that they just dropped last year. That's amazing. So not only do you get the most comfortable socks in the world, but you can also get the most comfortable with draws in the world. All the crazy licenses. They gotta have baked socks. They just announced their has Burro collection, which is crazy because that means you're gonna get Monopoly socks, Transformer socks, power Ranger socks. So much shit going with odd socks plus think out the odd socks basics my favorite. This is why I wear every day. I wear the basics because they're the most comfortable socks I've ever put on my fucking feet. So experience the most comfortable socks in the world with me. Odd socksofficial dot com promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off shout out to odd Socks. Let's get back to the interview. Have you ever gone the backway and there's like that airplane graveyard looking.
Speaker 3: Thanks, So you're talking about George. It's the George air Base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just know. I took the backway to Vegas once and I had me drive literally through Victorville, like through the streets, and I was just like, I looked over to the left and there's like all these fucking airplanes in the world of the desert.
Speaker 2: George Airbase. Have you ever seen the abandoned homes next to it? That was the whole that was the old air base.
Speaker 1: I just thought, this shit is wild out here, bro, And people live out here. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yes, like people are from there and live out Shit's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's like, he'lls have eyes out there.
Speaker 3: That's that's actually a perfect comparison. He'lls have eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We'll shout out to you for doing your thing. Obviously you have songs out is there going to be body of work. Come in, what's what's tell me what's on the way.
Speaker 2: Yes, So the whole tape is coming literally next month, and right now I'm working on my second tape.
Speaker 1: So we're calling these mixtapes.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're mixtapes. Mixtapes.
Speaker 2: A new single called False Prophet is coming out this week this Friday, the nineteenth White False Prophet.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's such a long story.
Speaker 2: Well, when I was growing up, my mom and I we were we were in a very i would say, abusive household, and my dad at the time decided he wanted to be a pastor. Oh so kind of what you were saying with those strict parents that wouldn't let.
Speaker 3: Their kids da da dad.
Speaker 1: Well, he just decided one day, he just decided that he was going to do it.
Speaker 3: And you know, he wasn't. He wasn't. He didn't go about it in a very godly way. Was it Culty, No, it wasn't Culty.
Speaker 2: It was more so that he was getting up on stage preaching to a congregation, but would go home and it would be another thing.
Speaker 1: That happens a lot.
Speaker 2: No, it does happen a lot more than people you know, talk about. But he would go on stage and you know, preach and say the word and whatnot. But we would go home and it was it was a completely different story.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that that's where I got the title false Prophet from.
Speaker 1: So it's about your dad kind.
Speaker 2: Of, yes, yes, a letter to him. Yes.
Speaker 1: Wow. So you grew up religious religious ish kind Yeah? Yeah, I mean you obviously we're going to church on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was going to church every Sunday. And I mean I'm still you know, I have my faith and whatnot, but at the time it was it was very complicated.
Speaker 1: Right. That should probably make you like resent church.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it has nothing to do with the church or or God or anything in general. I think I separate that. I'm really good at separating it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that the only time like I grew up like really like going to church was Channel twenty one in Phoenix, Arizona. You'd be able to turn it on and there'd be those turned up dudes on TV with them suits. Man, you know what I mean. They would just be barking like I want to hang out with this Pimplican preacher guy, you know what I mean a lot of these preachers, they're like they're dressed like, you know, like like Steve Harvey and like Kings of Comedy, you know. Yeah, yeah, well look, False Prophet coming out soon. Mixtape Come and Win mixtape is coming next month, next month, and you're already working on the new.
Speaker 3: Yes, new tape, the new tape Yes.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Would you say you have any hip hop influence with doing the mixtapeer Out because that's kind of like a rapper thing to do, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would definitely say I have a lot of hip hop influence behind that.
Speaker 1: You're your favorite rapper?
Speaker 2: Oh, that is such a hard question. Geez, my favorite rapper? I would have to say Eric Sermon. Wow, Eric, that's a Eric sermon. And then today I'd say Drake because he you know, he's able to do R and B, he's able to do rap, he's able to do dance hall.
Speaker 1: Where were you listening to? Eric Sermany?
Speaker 2: I actually just met him a couple How many months ago? Did I meet him too?
Speaker 3: I met him about two months ago.
Speaker 1: It is your favorite rapper because you just met him, and you know.
Speaker 2: Because he's he's no no, no, no, no no, no, he's just he's he's legendary.
Speaker 1: So you were listening to like E P M D. Or were you listening to like just like music? Because that's just like okay, okay, you got.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know I do, I do? I do.
Speaker 3: But he's he's such a he's such a dope guy.
Speaker 1: Shout out to him, to him and he has green eyes.
Speaker 3: Yes he does.
Speaker 1: He's a legend. That's wild. I didn't expect you to say, Eric Sherman.
Speaker 2: I respect him. He's really dope guy.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll go get the tape when it drops.
Speaker 2: You have a name for it, Yes, the name is four PM in the bill Victorville, yeap victor Ville short bill.
Speaker 1: Love it not Dreamville Victorville. I like it, Yo, go be on the lookout for that with rig.
Speaker 2: My ig Is, Jania was here, at Jenia was here.
Speaker 1: Spell it out because people are stupid.
Speaker 3: G E N I A W A S H g R E boom.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you pulling up, Thank you for having me yep fire. Hey, we got to wrap up an interview brought to you by Hard Dean Las Vegas. Appreciate y'all watching. Hey, don't forget when you go to Vegas, you gotta go to hard Man. It's the craziest dispensary you'll ever walk into. It smells like fucking heaven in there. All right, get in that uber when you hit Sin City, tell them take me to Hard Dean. They're gonna take you. You're gonna get a wild selection of the just top, top of the line cannabis, the best selection you'll go be able to see in the US. Plus on top of that, they got the crazy gear, they got the clothes, they got the makins, they got a wonderful selection of bud tenders that are very good at their job. Man, they'll take carry you. Tell them that Bootleg keV sent you. The bud tenders are Hard Dean. Theyn't know what that means. They're gonna get you hooked up right, all right. Go follow them online Harden Underscore Las Vegas, or just go shout out their website too, Man, Hardenlasvegas dot com. And when you're in Vegas, pull up to Harden or you're playing yourself for real,