Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The NFL season is going strong, and Draft Kings sports Book is hooking new customers up with an offer that's even stronger. Bet five bucks on any game this week to score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets, and DraftKings isn't stopping there. All customers can take advantage of a sweetener offer every game day this October. Get in on game day greatness. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and use code Shannon. New customers can score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets when you bet five on the NFL.
Speaker 3: That's cold Shannon.
Speaker 2: Only on Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL.
Speaker 3: The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one A hundred gambler dot net in New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why to four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas licensee partner Golden Nugget like Charles and Louisiana twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another edition of Nightcap. I am your host, your favorite uncle, Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite host. Also, Chad Ocho, Cinco Johnson.
Speaker 3: Yes, and please.
Speaker 2: Welcome and click the like button below so you can subscribe and get alerts. Because me and Ocho are on three nights a week, Sunday night, Monday night, and at Thursday night, So make sure you click the subscribe button to make sure you get notified each and every time we are on the air. Again, We're on Sunday night, Monday night, and Thursday night. After every game Sunday, we'll take you around the league five six different teams, talk about the latest and greatest, some of the trending topics. Monday, we lean heavily on the game that just played, and we have some other things to talk about also, and Thursday is the same thing. So make sure you click that subscribe button to make sure you don't miss Ocho and my take on a lot of different things.
Speaker 3: O Cho.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys beat the Chargers twenty to seventeen, DOC twenty one thirty two, seventy two to one passing touchdown, one rushing touchdown. Stefan Giirmore picks off Justin Herbert to seal the win for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Give me some of your takeaways from this ball game.
Speaker 1: Before we even started takeaway, before we even started to take away. I want you to just say it with me real quick, baby, Just just do do me that solid and say it with me real quick. Dak Prescott beat the San Diego Chargers. Just say that for me.
Speaker 3: Just go ahead on what would your take away?
Speaker 5: So you know you can't say that for me before we start?
Speaker 3: Oh, hold on, I thought it was a team game.
Speaker 1: You like to pick and choose when it's a team game. But right now, I just want you. I just want you to sample size that Dak gave you to night. I want you to just say it with me like that's what you area't talking about. The sample size that Dak is shown the past seven seven to eight years.
Speaker 3: You mean you mean to tell.
Speaker 2: Me I'm paying forty million dollars for a sample, But listen, I better be getting the whole bank.
Speaker 3: I don't want no sample.
Speaker 2: You get sample, you go to Costco and they give you a little two pick what they give your little food or something to eat?
Speaker 5: What can you get tonight? Right tonight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dak Prescott, he beat the San Diego Chargers on the road.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what to say. They charge I nobody la charge.
Speaker 1: They charge a la la san It's all in the same vicinity. No, I think said, it's all in the same vicinity. Listen, the Cowboys played a great game. Defensively, they played a great game. Yes, defensive they played. Yes, let me, let me, let me finish, let me finish.
Speaker 5: When you asked my.
Speaker 3: Take, right for your take.
Speaker 5: They played a good game.
Speaker 1: They might not play a great game as opposed to what we're used to seeing them play. But Dak Prescott at the half, he was fifteen to twenty one for one hundred and sixty one hundred and sixty one yards. Despite having no completions outside of one over twenty yards.
Speaker 5: He played efficient football, keeping his team in a game, and.
Speaker 1: The most important stat for Dak Prescott, I can stand on bending by to the night, Dak, I.
Speaker 5: Love you baby.
Speaker 1: No turnovers, Yes, no turnovers, which was the most important stat for me outside of what Dak did tonight.
Speaker 5: Ceedee Lamb had a day. Ceedee Lamb had a day.
Speaker 1: Gallup had a few, had a few passes that he should have had, they had a touchdown. The score could have been even bigger than what it was. He missed won an end zone. We can't, we can't.
Speaker 5: We can't do that.
Speaker 1: We need we need passes and catches like that on the back end because that could mean something and a game of importance.
Speaker 5: We were able to get away with it tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dak missed it. Miss I think he missed. You overshot Gallop once. I think I know you overshot Pollard on one. Yeah, but this is where I pushed back, you say the Cowboys. The Cowboys had fourteen penalties. They had eleven accepted penalties, They had seven pre snap penalties, too many men on the field.
Speaker 5: Twice twice, too many men on the field twice, illegal.
Speaker 2: Shifts, illegal formation, defensive off side, all starts defensive off side.
Speaker 3: So are you sure you want to frame that that thousand? You could? I mean what we do with that?
Speaker 1: In the game of football, there's ups and downs and anything in the game of life, there's ups and downs. Yes, you strive to be perfect at all times. You practice the coaches, preachers, you go through exit of those, you go through schemes, you go through all types of tactical stuff, and you want to be as perfect as possible. But through the through the through a game, you're gonna have mistakes like this, it's going to creep up four even fourteen, even fourteen. I mean we just talked about the night before last. Hell, the Colorado bus has seventeen and that cost him a game. This is the NFL. We're one of the things you practice most is disciplined and they have four team.
Speaker 2: So remember I had you and I had a conversation and you say, I like that, I'm gonna use that. You never accept anything in a win. You wouldn't have a lost, okay, So had they lost this game, would you have been okay with those fourteen penalties?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what, you know what I'm gonna do. My grandma always said, never live off hypotheticals, live off facts. And the fact of the matter is that Cowboys going to despite the fourteen penalties. But it might be, but listen, if you're playing, if you're playing a different team, under different circumstances and the game of importance, you might not be over tocome those penalties. So you got to fix it now. And this is the perfect time to go into a bye week with a win. Yes, Dak Prescott, baby saying with me, Dak Prescott be the San Diego charges, my bad, LA charges, LA charges.
Speaker 5: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm I'm not surprised that Dak played as well as he did, considering the Chargers have the thirty second ranked pass defense.
Speaker 3: Oh, we not argue that.
Speaker 5: We're not We're not gonna do that. That's that's what we're not gonna do. Where we go, we're gonna do tonight. We we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna stand on business and we're gonna give that Dak Prescott his credit.
Speaker 5: Can we please do that?
Speaker 3: Joe, did you listen to what I said?
Speaker 2: Yes, Sir, I said, I'm not surprised Dak played well given he's going against the thirty second ranked defense.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you don't give it.
Speaker 5: Don't give, don't give it's no bad, no backhanded compliments.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Let's give Dak Prescott his credit where his credit is deserved. He played, but see good football all night. See the problem is oho you want to give everybody compliments. You just want to say, Okay, he played well. You gotta give context context.
Speaker 2: This is analysis is about context, right, provide context to what you said.
Speaker 5: Okay, so context of what he said is bagsy.
Speaker 1: You're saying you knew that that Prescott will play well because he's playing against thirty first ring defense.
Speaker 2: I said it on the first take, I said I picked the Cowboys to win because I didn't think the Chargers were physical enough. They did a better job than I thought. I mean, they only gave up nine sacks, they gave up ten. And see, this is what I liked about the Cowboys defense tonight, when they absolutely had the habit.
Speaker 3: Michael Parsons got home, showed up on fourth down.
Speaker 2: They got pressed with fields fourth down, third down, and they got pressure on it. So that's the mark of a great offense or great defense. Can you get done what you need to get done when you have to get it done. At the time, I considered plus it was a bounce back that needed this because, like you said, they're going into a buy the last thing you want to do. We got b forty two to ten. We went on the road again and we had another loss, and I didn't play. See, these are the type of games when you have a bad game, you need a team that you can get a nasty taste out of your mouth. So I want to play a team that's not very good at something that we can do. So you so Cincinnati, man, we just got beat. We had a tough loss. We got beat twenty seven to fourteen. But look who on the schedule. Man, this team that DB's not good. They were at the bottom of pass defense. O Cho Senko thinking to himself, brouh, Hey, we going into the bye. I can't go into the bye with a loss, because every time you go into the bye with a loss, you don't even.
Speaker 3: More be wanting to go nowhere.
Speaker 2: You don't be want to do anything because you're like, damn man, because guess because normally what happened, we didn't get the entire week off, o Cho, we got time off based on whether you want a loss, all right, right right, if you won, there's a good chance you go probably get off Wednesday, starting Wednesday, maybe Thursday. If you lost, now you're gonna get off Thursday after Friday. So now you got Friday, Saturday, Sunday. You gotta be back Monday by now. So it's not like it is now you got to get the entire week off. But considering what the cow of how the cow and again they're only two or four in the red zone. You've got to start getting You need to be like in the sixty percent seventy percent in the red zone. Kicking field goals will get you beat against really really good teams, especially come playoff time. But give that, give Dak and the and the Cowboys credit. They did a great job of overcoming the mistakes. It's kind of like two teams were trying to help the other two. Both teams were trying to help the other team win the game. Game with the penalties that they were committing, you can't win. That's not championship football. You can't beat yourself. It's hard enough to beat the team that you're going up against, Ojo and now you're committing think about it. Fourteen penalties, oh, Joe, and seven of them was pre snapped. So before we did anything, we didn't even give us a chance to get a positive play. We illegal shift, we're jumping off side, we're fall starting.
Speaker 3: That's that's back we talked. What did we talk about last night? Though, Joe?
Speaker 2: This football, you're coaching it or you're condoning it. Which one did you do it?
Speaker 1: But listen, obviously you know you coach. Obviously you know you're coaching it, and you don't condone it. But it's always something that is in the back of your head that you continue to preach over and over and over. And I remember when I was playing. It starts when your adolescent, even as as a little kid. What did the coaches tell you? Penalties can kill you? And sometimes you're able to overcome it, and sometimes you not. It can hurt you on the back end. But why not get it out the way now, Get it out the way now, get all get all the jeers, or whatever it may be that causes you to lose focus in game to call those penalties. Get it out the way now so it doesn't hurt you on the back end. Tonight they were over the overcoming though. Yes, uh dude, I mean I've been retired so long. I know they probably do this.
Speaker 2: But when I first got into the league, in training camp, if you jumped outside, we had to run a lap.
Speaker 3: Coach Reeves, Dan Reeves was my first. He was my first coach.
Speaker 1: Lap that's a lap. But that sounded like back in the seventies coaching Landry. Coach Landry was his was his head coach.
Speaker 2: He was offensive coordinated on the coach Landry Right, So a lot of that in the old school mentality. Right man, there'd be sometimes, don't you. I had to run three laps? Man, I get oh, I get tired. I was like, damn, what the snap kind of on right?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's on one. Every time it's on two.
Speaker 2: Coach coach, they got it, got it that big old bang and stick out his neck, like I had to run a lap, run a lap.
Speaker 3: I had to run three left the most I had to run three.
Speaker 5: I'm trying, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: I can't recall me really jumping off sacks that I'm always watching the ball anyway, I'm always watching the ball.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the ball too. But but see I'm trying to go on hook. I ain't trying to let him get to the t.
Speaker 5: Trying to get that damage.
Speaker 2: If somebody that could have laughed, somebody could I'm gone. It all sounded in the same to me. Oh yoke, it don't sound the same to me. I'm gone, I'm up out of them. I ain't lied on your I was gone, And it's all the same. And then you know, we have to make like the offense and we got like you said, and somebody say and they somebody would have laughed. Hop I'm gonna has what happened? I heard her?
Speaker 3: It's a snapcut.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing is I can just picture I can picture it. That's what makes it's that much more funny. You know, how to definitive be playing around with making noise on the other on the other side of the ball to try to get you to jump. They perceive they cut that out because because the dts you just say back said yeah, yeah, and it sounds like her and they snapping the ball, and now they.
Speaker 3: You can't do that anymore.
Speaker 5: Man, You got me crying for that visual.
Speaker 2: And see, we used to like if we got if we got three, if we got if three people jumped off, had a false start, or jumped outside the whole team, the whole office had to run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 5: Man, hey, yeah, I ain't have to go through that.
Speaker 2: But see, y'all went. See we had we wade films. In ninety four, we had eight straight days or two.
Speaker 5: Days, I know about them, two a days now I.
Speaker 3: Eight straight in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Eight eight straight padded third nine h seven both period more.
Speaker 3: Than an afternoon. Oh boy boy, and you know that, Oh Joe, you know that third day? You real? So you got that old man? You got the old man? You walking off? Still you Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cowboys finished two four in the red zone. Before the game, Austin Eckler took a mean right yeah, knocked his helmet clean off.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh did you ever get into it? Pre game?
Speaker 5: One time? One time? I got you a pre game.
Speaker 1: Let's make make sure y'all, make sure y'all y'all sitting at home, make sure y'all sitting down, get your popcorn ready. Listen, Baltimore Ravens. I never forget, obviously, that's one of the games I get up for.
Speaker 5: I get up for. I'm hype, obviously. If for those that don't know.
Speaker 1: If you watch me throughout my career, I would always give the team bulletin board material on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Nothing malicious, nothing, nothing crazy.
Speaker 1: It was just more of a challenge to those that we are playing that week, because you know this this is the week. I like to somewhat set the tone. And I did it through the media, very savvy with it too. Take some of the pressure off my teammates and some of the other players going to the game. So we out there for warm ups at em how you say m and T Bank Stadium, m and T Bank Stadium, I'm mad at just you know, doing light jog with mele phones on, and I see Orlando Brown, I see big zeuside that warming up. You know me, you know me and my play for nature. You know the relationship that I had with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.
Speaker 5: And those dudes.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking, well, since I get along with them very well and they know me personally well, I can go out there and play around with Orlando Brown Man. Look here, man, so Orlando Brown, how big was Orlando Brown boss boss Man?
Speaker 3: Like six seven of that he at least six seven or six eight six six.
Speaker 1: Seven six eight by three hundred some pounds, man, and I decided to go jump on his back, like literally, he's walking. I decided to go jump on his back. You know how, you know, somebody get your peggyback. I jumped on his back and I thought he would have thought it was funny, and I jumped down. He turned around. He said, Man, I don't know what the if you think this is. Man, I don't play them type of games.
Speaker 5: Man. It started chasing after me, and I thought he was playing.
Speaker 1: And you know how you take do the little funny trot like man stopped playing like in the movie Friday. Yeah, chasing the Yeah, I swear for god. Man, he had to look in his ass. Man, if he was able to catch me. Man, Man, buddy was.
Speaker 5: Gonna kill me.
Speaker 1: Man, Oh he did something bad you huh hey, Man, he was gonna do something bad to me. So I got I got nervous. I ran to the locker room and when it got Big Willie, I say, Big Willie, man, you need to come holler at your people.
Speaker 5: Man. I was just playing around and it looked like he tried to do something bad to me.
Speaker 1: And the game adin't even started, in just pre game, so Big WILLI went out there and talked to him and say, listen, o Jo, listen, you can't be playing with big Zeus like that.
Speaker 5: Man, Big zoos don't big Zeus don't play like that. Man. I'm like, really, that's me, You know how I am?
Speaker 3: You know I'm.
Speaker 1: No that that ain't And Big Willy had to give me a better understanding. Everybody don't move like that. But man, buddy was finna kick forna beat my ass. And after that, I never ever ever bothered the offensive lineman ever again.
Speaker 2: After that, there's an old saying, O Joe, what is joke to you is death to someone else? Mm you better beat care for how you play. You see a lot of people they pranking. They want to prank. Everybody want their fifteen minutes. They prank it. And now you see people getting slapped. You see a dude got shot in them all. Yeah, leave me alone, bro, Everybody ain't about your game that you want to go prank. Go prank some of your friends, go prank your family. Don't be pranking no strangers because they don't get down. Joke to you death to somebody else, and it might be end up being depth to you. So bright, right, right, people need to start with all them jokes. But for me, I was about to fight. I'm not fighting for because I'm not gonna mess up my No, no, I'm about to get into a fight sixty minutes. That's what the game is a fight.
Speaker 3: And so I was about to mess up.
Speaker 2: I'm not about to mess up my hands, my fingers because I can't hurt. The guy got his help it on. I see guys take their helmet off and run to the fight. You a damn food. You better keep that helping on.
Speaker 3: Somebody, go.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, listen.
Speaker 1: As much trashy you talk done, you that you've never had a fight training camp before a game.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I got in the fight. Like I said, I got in a fight in college.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The d lineman tried to punk you know you in college?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 2: You know what I noticed, and it took me a while, is that when somebody getting right getting getting jooned, they don't get mad at the person that's joning them. They get past mad at the person that's laughing. Laugh they trying to punk you. Yeah, I'm laughing.
Speaker 3: The way.
Speaker 2: We the way because we ain't with the general proper We ate with the general population at Savanna State. But we sat in the back. So when you walk into cafeteria, the back behind like where I'm at right here is where the athlete sat, the football team, the basketball player.
Speaker 3: And so you know, we line up.
Speaker 2: If you come in late, all the upper classmen and everybody in there, they're gonna jone you, especially if you got some bull jib on. So oh Joe, you know they got it. He came in there and they started joning. And you know me, o Joe, I laughed loud, I laughed hard. You got some bully and you don't. I just I'm just egging them all to keep it going and do it. Is about what you laughing at? I said, bro, I said, dude, what's up? You ain't when they ragged on me, I ain't had no problem y'all. Y'all told me the whole time, because when I showed up, I had my luggage was two grocery bags. I had two brown paper bags with everything. May reporter sent me on, sent me from Glenville with they ragged me. Now they they joning talking about old Sharp got summer clothes on some of his some of his partners, some of his cousins. That was just joning. I take it cause I know I'm gonna get mine, because I know I got these jokes. I got a thousand jokes. O Joe, I ain't told but too yet.
Speaker 3: So I got it.
Speaker 2: I got nine hundred ninety eight and still left. So I'm just laughing. Dude, come up there. So I had I had like a sandwich I had, the dude took, and I had mayonnaise in the bowl. The dude took the mayonnaise, took the spoon, and threw the mayonnaise on me. So ojo, so we laughing. I'm laughing the upperclassmen ragging on him. And so you know, I'm a wide receiver. He a d linebel so he thought, so he arematically think he got an easy win, Miss mad So the dude he scooped the mayonnaise up out my bowl and throw it on me. Oh oh Joe, he did this, put a patch over his eye.
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa whoa whoa. Wait, replay replay that for me. Rewind replay it again.
Speaker 2: He took the man, he took the spoon off my trade, scoop the mayonnaise out and threw it on my.
Speaker 3: And threw it on me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so by the time he did this, I didn't even give him a chance to bring the spoon back and put it down you.
Speaker 3: He did then counter.
Speaker 5: But that sounded like ak how many punches you through.
Speaker 3: You thought out? Floyd made Well, this would flow? Flooryd probably would.
Speaker 2: Floyd probably would like Florid probably was like five years old when I hit it. When he he blowed, Hey, but you let me get a patch over? I say, closed for the weekend? Yeah, yeah, yeah, m hey man, I say I said to be back in service in like two days.
Speaker 5: You did? Serious?
Speaker 3: Huh Oh you're for real, bro.
Speaker 2: Anybody that's ever met me and could tell you I didn't bother nobody. I didn't let I didn't let I didn't let people bully. Like if somebody was, like, you know, was slow, I ain't let people pick on them because I hate him more that prey on the week right, right, But bru you not fingn a you not you not finna you not finna pump me. Yeah, but well we're gonna fight. We're gonna fight every day till I get a victory.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what that's exactly what I'm being ready to ask you. That's that's that, that's that model, that's that old mentality back in the day. You know, you go home, you lose the fight your mama asked you to lose a fight with If you lost, now you take your head back around there and you keep on fighting until you win and don't come back until you do. I was just gonna ask you what you had to do if you got to deal with him and see him every day and he wanted to keep on fighting.
Speaker 3: Have to lead because we're gonna fight every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I like I like my grandfather told my brother and now he said, boy, I don't send y'all the school to fight, but the one of the other bet I come home and say you lost one.
Speaker 5: Mmm. I like that.
Speaker 2: And I told him, I said, look here, mary Port, I ain't take I say, Maryport didn't send me to Savannah State.
Speaker 3: They take no ass cutting, not one I didn't go for. I didn't bother nobody. But I didn't let nobody bother me.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: I remember you know how France fraternities, when guys are pledging, you know, they come bag for money so they can get the big brother some food, right, and so I had already told him. I said, man, look at man, I'm down here studying. Don't come back down here knocking on the door, because I'm studying. Sure enough, dude, dude, pledging of Sigma boom boom.
Speaker 3: It wasn't me. It wasn't even my dough becuse they already knew, do know f with me.
Speaker 2: It was my neighbor's though, Hey, hey, hey, can you can you can you slay fit to say, can you can you spell dollar?
Speaker 3: A big brother, such a such a need something.
Speaker 2: I got my homeboy, Mike Wallace with my roommate Mike Wallace, and I got my other homeboy, his homeboy from Efingham. Names called him the name of us. Steve Jodell called him ski Board. I said, Keyboard, put your shoes on, y'all come go with me. I went down there to the I went down there to Boston Hall. That was why we stayed the Athlete. We stayed in Peacock. They stayed in Boston.
Speaker 3: I went down there.
Speaker 2: I said, look, hero, I say, I had already told them I didn't want to come down here, but I told them not to come back down there, asking for no money. Ain't nobody got no money. And I'm down there studying, and y'all bamon, y'all knocking on the doors. Y'all sending these down there knocking on their doors, and I ain't and hey, I don't like that. I said, tell you what if they come back down there on that second floor, I said, either everybody here gonna have to whip me or I'm gonna whoop y'all. And I said, I'm gonna tell you. I said, I'm gonna tell you like this here, Mary reporters that not send me to Savannah State to take no ass cut.
Speaker 3: I said, now, don't I say, now, y'all try it. I said, try it. I say, play huha and get screwed.
Speaker 5: You gotta finish the story. What happened when y'all went down there to go fight?
Speaker 2: I told I went, I went down there to the room, to the to the big brother's room, and I basically talked him. I said, bro, if they come back down there on that second floor, as a matter of fact, if they come back down on the first floor and I ain't stay on the first floor, do not send them back down to Peacock asking for money or y'all gonna have to whip me, and they ain't.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: One of y'all in here, ain't now two of y'all in here, three of y'all in here told whip shaving shark.
Speaker 5: Whoa you know you got to take on the Sigma.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: If you take on the Sigamas, you can't beat the whole fraternity.
Speaker 2: Now, you got I don't know. I don't know how it was at any other school. But wasn't nobody trying to see our football team? Okay, nobody, I said, a lot of I'll saved a lot of basketball players, a lot of everybody. They didn't want to see us like that. They didn't want to see us like that. No, the only I was the peacekeeper when when things popped off, like guys came from the city.
Speaker 3: Come look, I was the guy that everybody knew. I was out and about in the city. You know what I'm saying that boy, I'm at the call.
Speaker 2: You know I got I got a three hundred Z. My brother bought me a Mercedes. So I'm out in the city at the car wash on the West Side.
Speaker 5: Had three hundred in college, Yeah, bro, you had n il deal.
Speaker 3: No, I had a brother in the NFL deal.
Speaker 2: I had a brother that had an NFL deal that was better than the NIL deal, right, and so that was my thing, you know, so everything, Oh Joe, I was the guy that when guys went out on Friday Saturday night, they brought me the jewelry. They bought me their money because they know I was going to be in I'm looking at g Q, I'm looking at that. I'm just thinking about what I'm going to do come Sunday. Hey Sean, did I drop my jewelry off?
Speaker 3: Yeah? There it is up there. Hey man, did I leave money here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: There it is up there. So guys trusted me. They knew I was divorce of reasons. But bro I came down there. I came down to get two things from Savannah State, get my degree, and go play in the NFL. Anybody tried to inhibit it, infringe on that, they're gonna have to say I like that. They're gonna have to see me. They they, Hey, oh Joe, you gotta understand now. I'm I'm Michael. Like I said, my grandma didn't send me down to fight. But I wouldn't have no problems. I wouldn't have no problem but you know, I kept my teammates. You know my teammates. They started, bro come on, hey, come on, bro, come on, we ain't trying to do that, because and we had a fighter, were about to be a fight on.
Speaker 3: I was in my room.
Speaker 2: I never forget. I was in my room and dude came in. You know, we had them steal those those metal doors shop shop. Johnny Bobby Brown about to get jumped. I back up quarterback. His name with Johnny Jeffrey, but we called him Bobby Brown. When he first got it. He had that shag like Bobby Bryn and so job Bobby Brown about to get jumped.
Speaker 3: So I just throw it.
Speaker 2: So hey, I round up, I say, hey, let's ride. So hey, I ain't even. I ain't even. I ain't even.
Speaker 3: I kicked the door.
Speaker 2: Doors flowed up open. I run down there, what's going on? And I see it's a dude that I played high school ball against. And so he they about they're about to jump a couple of the football players. I said, hoho, what what's going on?
Speaker 3: Man? That mother fo hit me in my eye? I said, what I said, what's going on? So he explained it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We got the fighting and I ain't know who it was. So, man, you know it's a fight. It's dark people swinging.
Speaker 5: Right, okayah, I explained it to him.
Speaker 3: I said, bro, check this out. I said, Bro, I know you. You know me. We played ball against each other. I said.
Speaker 2: You don't even go to school here. I say, but when you come into cafeteria, we get you food. I said, you come into student center, we do stuff. We let you go, We let you hang in the dorm like you one of us. Bro, you think that man wanted to fight you after after you've been in our presence. Dude on the football team, That's one thing about them, some Vannil boys. They always talk about my homeboy, my homeboy. So he he on the football team.
Speaker 3: He said. But man, that's messed up. That's my homeboy. So I turn around. I said, because here's the problem.
Speaker 2: I say, Now, that might be your homeboy, but you know, if you side with your homeboy, ain't no coming back here.
Speaker 5: Pick your side, baby, I said.
Speaker 2: And my thing is, I'm trying to keep the peace on your because guess why, I'm the one that everybody knows in the city. I'm the one that's going to the barbershop on the west side. I'm the one at the carwa so I'm the one that's the most in the most danger. But at the end of the day, I'm a ride with I'm a.
Speaker 3: Ride with the team.
Speaker 2: So cooler hands prevailed and you know, we worked it out. He still came around said, bro, Hey, you know, hey, you know me, I vouch for him.
Speaker 3: He didn't know it was you. I'm vouching for you. We're good. We kept the peace.
Speaker 5: That's that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: That's it's not football related. But since you talk about stories in colleges, I did. I did get in trouble. You know, it's it's I'm listen, I'm I don't want to say. I'm not ashamed to say it, but I did did get in. I went to Langston University, Oklahoma. No, that that's that's what That's where everything started out for me. Langx University, Oklahoma. Doctor Ernest Holloway was the president. I never forget doctor Ernest Holloway. The head coach at Lanx University at the time was Coach Johnson. I can't remember Coach Johnson's first name. I remember the quarterback name was Waylon Jones. Uh backup quarter quarterback name was k Money. I'd never forget. First time being over there, first time being Oklahoma. Those those are the people that I can remember off the top of my head. I get some type of financial aid, and I know I lock it. I know I put it in my room.
Speaker 5: I know I put it in my dress.
Speaker 1: There's only nobody has access to my room except one person, and that's my roommate at the time.
Speaker 5: I'd never forget. Listen, in way one none that it won't a lot of money. So it might not have been financially, it might have been yours, it was mine. This the principle. It might have been one hundred twenty dollars. I ain't gonna sit he hi lot. It might have been one hundred and twenty dollars, But you know, one hundred and twenty dollars when you're in college and.
Speaker 1: You ain't really got no money. Was a founder, man, that's a lot of money. Many listen. I came in the room, man, I never forget. I had pancakes. I had pancakes from the cafeteria, and I had the orange juice. I came to the room and started eating.
Speaker 5: I opened the drawer.
Speaker 3: My money was gone. So you asked, were your money?
Speaker 1: So the one person I know nobody has access to these rooms. Nobody has actually these rooms. So I called my homeboy. I'd never forget. I have no idea if he's still living. Big Steve, if you see this, Big Steve was from the Bay Area. He was from the Bay Area, Big Steve, if you see this, baby, I love you. I appreciate you to this day. Me and Big Steve got into it. I said, Steve, Man, my money not here, man, my money's missing. What's up? Man?
Speaker 5: I ain't got none to do with that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, Big Steve being from the Bear and where he from, you wasn't really gonna question him, you know, based on principal by them not having it. But listen, bruh, nobody else had acces to this room, so you had to be so boom. You already know what time of that.
Speaker 5: We go at it. We're going at it. You know. Big Steve was a play uh. I think he might have played d line or old line, maybe lynebacker, linebacker. So were going at it in the room. I get in trouble because I had a ring.
Speaker 1: I had a ring I was wearing on my finger at the time that I think I had from from my grandfather, and it gag cut a gash in.
Speaker 5: Big Steve and big Steve face. Oh, go ahead, So doctor Ernest Holloway, I go down to the office, man, and I'll never forget man.
Speaker 1: He they expelled me out of school. They yeah, they expelled me out of lay. I'll never forget Doctor Ernest Holloway, Rest in peace. They expelled me out of school from lang University. I went back home to my grandma. My grandma said, baby, listen, I've done all I can. I've done all I can with you.
Speaker 5: I wash my hands.
Speaker 3: Ah, man, I washed my hands.
Speaker 1: And that's how I ended up in La what my mama was at Santa Monica College with Steve Smith now senior, back in nineteen ninety seven, because I got thrown out of thrown out of links and for fighting.
Speaker 5: And they never gave me a second chance. They never gave me a second chance.
Speaker 1: You believe he got your money to this day, don't you. I think you do so, Big Steve. If you see this baby, it's been a long time. It's been I don't know what thirty some years. It'd be good, it'd be good to connect man, we got social media.
Speaker 5: You know how to reach you. Man. If you see this, I love you. I do apology. I never I don't even think I had a chance to apologize.
Speaker 1: So if you see this, man, I let you boy, man, I mean, if you want to go at it again, we can go at it again, and I rod shoot your.
Speaker 2: Failing before we get to the before we get to the moment that you've been waiting for. We see all these jokes coming into comments. Please click the subscribe button. Yeah, it's a subscription button. Can make sure you're alerted with OCHO and I on to make sure you're first in live.
Speaker 3: So we appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Please click the subscribe button, and we really appreciate the forty seven forty eight thousand guys, people, young men and women that already clicked that button.
Speaker 1: I was trending today unbeknowned me. I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you why you was trending. But go ahead and finished. I'm gonna tell you why you were trending.
Speaker 2: While we all love watching our favorite teams on television, there's nothing better than being at a game live and in person, sitting court side. Take it from me and the best way to get tickets to any of these games is on game Time, the fast and growing ticket out in the US. Game Time is obsessed with finding ways to help you save money on tickets.
Speaker 3: You can find.
Speaker 2: Exclusive flash deals and sponsor deals on games and concerts daily, and with game Time guarantee you'll always get the best price. If you find the tickets in the same section and row for less, game Time will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference. So take the guests work out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creating account and redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off.
Speaker 3: Your first purchase. Terms apply again.
Speaker 2: Download game Time app end of the code Nightcap that's in I gxtcap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today Last minute tickets Lord's Price guaranteed. I was trending at ESPN. I'm on Mondays and Tuesdays. Yeah, and a lot of in these women. This is the now remind you everybody knows that I was at Fox. I was at Undisputed for seven years and for the most part, I had the same lady Lady's every day, at least three days a week. It was one, and then two days a week it was another one. But for the most part, I only had two or three women to work on me for the entirety. Since I got to ESPN, They're on a rotation, so I might get one different one. For the most part, it's been it's been different people working on me. Mondays and Tuesdays, find no problem. Today this was a totally different lady. And she added some makeup that I don't normally. That's that I don't normally wear. And it may and I'm a dark skinned fella. Okay, to make a long story short, I'm black. It ain't no dark skin.
Speaker 3: I'm black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I leave fingerprints on charcoals. But you get what I'm saying. You get what I'm saying. Hey, uh And so she she put on a little heavy and her producer, she put on a little heavy, little heavy, little heavy, little heavy, little heavy, yeah, bedad. But you know, you know what they say, your boy be caske and clean. I mean literally, she had your boy like he was in the cast. Yeah, but it's looks it looked. Okay, it's okay, it's okay. You know, say, well, they say casket clean. She took it to she took it to a little interpretation. But that's okay, oh Joe, that's quite all right. And so my producer is you know, I look, I always look my producers. They're my creative guy that gets footage behind and my producer Ash. And she's looking at me. She's like, like, I need to talk to you. Talk to me about what what you want to talk about? I mean, you know what you want to talk about. So doing to break, I come O emotioned to her to come on, and so she comes and she got a phone up. I was like, she's like, you're Trending's like, what I say?
Speaker 5: I didn't curse?
Speaker 3: How do you do make up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I said, I said, as remember when we were in the dressing room, I said, Ash, is makeup too thick?
Speaker 6: She was.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's so locked in for what she's got to do because she's got to make sure that I'm on point, all my stats, everything.
Speaker 3: Is on point. So she really didn't she really didn't look up.
Speaker 2: And uh I was trending, and so yes, yes you were, Yes you were. And so what I did is, I look, I appreciate everybody. I appreciate everybody concerned about the makeup. It was the ladies first time doing me. But at the end of the day, okay, the make up with a little heavy. But what about them takes? What them what them takes still fresh? Whatt them takes still on point?
Speaker 5: Listen?
Speaker 1: Them takes was got jokes though the takes was on point. Everything you said was up the park. But them jokes is gonna fly. Jokes was gonna flat.
Speaker 5: Listen. I saw the jokes about you looking like Medea, Juanna Man.
Speaker 3: Jackson.
Speaker 2: They had me like bro, they had they all off it. Buddy, they killing me today. Hey, wait a minute, this is what you did.
Speaker 5: Did you see the one Did you see the one with the remember in church when you was a little kid, And yeah, the fans of church they had just fan like one celebration. Boy. Hey listen, I was I was on the floor dying. This is another thing. This is this is one of the things. This is what you know. I do makeup. I do make up.
Speaker 1: It's a side job for me in a way that I saved money when it comes to the women that I dated throughout my life, throughout my career in general. So my missus, I do her makeup. My kids when they have to go somewhere, I do their makeup. When it comes to doing makeup, the better makeup artist you have to be. You have to understand the texture and the people skin tone that you're doing. You have to be able to blend and do things really well. I call it having that that that you got to have the hand and the touch of God. If you don't have, you should be sticking to what you know. When I saw it, I said the first thing like, nahor somebody a little too heavy over there.
Speaker 5: Somebody had a hand that was working.
Speaker 2: Like jama Jackson. You know, Jamaine Jackson. Would you be out be having them Jackson land.
Speaker 1: Birch Man, Listen, I tell you, boy, you look like Prince Prince Ikeen from Goddamn coming.
Speaker 3: To like you took a boyd knife for spreading that thing on your boy. Baby.
Speaker 5: I don't know what baby, that thing was big, I.
Speaker 2: Thought, I if she got frosted on your boy, You're you're always out.
Speaker 3: That got a bad today. You're always out that got a BADDYNT even lie listen.
Speaker 5: But but but for your for your part, the takes you had was good.
Speaker 3: The takes there was.
Speaker 5: The takes is where it needed to be. But them jokes was gonna fly, and they was flying the day.
Speaker 3: And you know I'm a mean so now they mean me anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can barely do anything they And once she showed me that all idea, I just dropped my head, like, man, I'm about to be I'm about to be like another fifty means.
Speaker 5: It's cool. But you look, look you look. You look just like the deacon though, like deacon digging in the church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look your team playing. Look, look I know. Here's the thing about social media. Social media would like for you to think that everybody's perfect. They like you to think that their life is perfect. They've made Oh she should be fired. That was the first time, should be the last time. Just think, just think if everything if you went on the job and the first mistake you made they fired you.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that egregious. It was the makeup.
Speaker 5: Of that got you.
Speaker 1: Gotta understand the skin tone and the texture with you, and maybe she just doesn't have u that experience with the exotic complexion that you.
Speaker 2: Have and with and with the light and me being darker skin and make Yeah, man, she had my lift like that, Like I've been pulling on the tail pipe. But I like, I looked at it like, damn, hold on, I don't smoke the miles like that. No more, I said, you know, I don't. We got but lifts bleached and everything because I know I'm gonna be on TV. Oh Joe, I said, man, she got my lift like I've been smoking on the tailpipe, blowing exhaust all lift. Hold man, but I do. They're gonna get me with Yoe, I said, I know they're gonna get me. They I said, they're gonna kill me. They gonna listen, They're gonna get me.
Speaker 1: This is this is why, this is, this is this is the perfect example why I told you you got your foot in the door.
Speaker 5: You got your foot in the door. Get your boy on the show with you.
Speaker 1: And this is what Friends is for because if it was me, I wouldn't even let the show start with that ship on your face. I wouldn't have let the show. Hey listen, Steve, and they know he saw that ship. He know he saw that ship, and they should have show a little bit. Gave you a goddamn baby wipe. Let you wipe that off and just tell him put some anti shine on you and a little bit and then start the show. If I wouldn't have let that ship go down. But you don't want you don't want to help. You don't want to help a brother out.
Speaker 5: And put me on the show.
Speaker 3: O Joe, let your boy get in. Let me get let me get let me get in.
Speaker 5: You done been on eight goddamn shows. You done been on eight shows. Now I'm I'm counting show you. I can tell you what you talked about every show.
Speaker 2: Oh cho, The thing is, see, I done got any good? They let your boy host a couple of shows. Let you boys the gigs, the just coming to the stage. It's it's my partner, old night camp, mister Chad on your secuel.
Speaker 3: You know, listen right now, all I got is a foot in the door, right no, no, no, no, no, no no no, right aside because they're trying to close the door.
Speaker 1: People that got a foot in the door, they don't get to host nothing. People they got a foot in the door, they hold. When you got two feet in the door and you know, closed door behind you, that's when they get.
Speaker 2: The opportunity to see what happened Steven. They had the flu and they ask becauld I feel important listen.
Speaker 5: I can text Steven a and tell him to be sick again. I could tell him to be sick again. All I need is the opportunity sometime.
Speaker 3: That's I don't want Steve. I don't want Steven they to be sick again.
Speaker 2: But I appreciate the opportunity because I'm sure he said, uh, Shannon could do a good job. I'm glad that the higher ups, Jimmy Pitarro, uh Burke, Magnus, Dave Roberts, I'm glad that they gave they believed in me that I could do the job. So a lot of people have to have faith in you to be able to get this opportunity. And so it was my job to go out there and it's like, Okay, y'all believe in me, y'all give me this opportunity.
Speaker 3: Let me show you. Now, they give me a couple more opportunities than I would say. You know, I need you know, I need a old here, one of your one of the old sell Now.
Speaker 5: I know Jimmy, Jimmy and Dave and Bartholomew or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know this, I know they.
Speaker 5: Gonna see this.
Speaker 1: And all I need is the opportunity because anytime I've got an opportunity, I've taken it and I've run with it because I can do I can, I can.
Speaker 5: I can do it too. All I need just put me in front of the camera. That's all I have.
Speaker 2: But the last time, the last time you ran that fast, you had some baked beans and Notihilators in your pocket and you didn't pay for them.
Speaker 5: You're trying to say I stole.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying you barred it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm I'm with you when you right? Do that?
Speaker 3: Still sell down laters?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we still sell down laters. Yeah, and listen if you if you, I know it's people in here watching from home in Miami, thirty eighth Street, thirty eight Street. You getting nonhilateds people eggs, you get moon pies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh I love the moon piles. I love the moon pie. See them Nihilators they had great They had banana. I was like that chocolate, remember that chocolate. They come like three. I think they came like three maybe was it three in a pack of five in the pack. It was like three five in the path.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know they had the big ones. They had the big ones. And then they came out to the little Minis. Yeah, you know they came out with the Little Minion Nihilators and the good fan back of the day.
Speaker 3: I remember them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bet you give me a Chico stick, Give me a Cheico sticky the sausages.
Speaker 5: What you know about chiago sticks? Man?
Speaker 3: How get the Chico See let me tell you my favorite meal. See I was.
Speaker 2: I get the more truck driver steak, the more honey buns I give me. I give me a Coca Cola, a hondred bun, and somebody the sausages. Many keen.
Speaker 1: Hold on, y'all ain't had no Christis. Y'all ain't had no ice cream trucks where you from though?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no hell now.
Speaker 5: Your ice cream truck.
Speaker 1: You get the jungle juice, you know the jun What you said, Yeah, pickled eggs and hot sausage.
Speaker 5: Then boom, you go to somebody house. You jump somebody somebody fence. Get the mangos. Take the mango, chop it up. Chop of the mango, salt and.
Speaker 1: Vinegar in the bag with the juice. Cut the mangos up. Put them in the bag. Mix that thing up, shake it up. What you know about that y?
Speaker 5: They had mangoes.
Speaker 2: Where you from, man, I was from rural South Georgiast. You had we had a pair of trees. We had grapes. Yeah, we had black bears. We had hunkleberries. Yeah, we had stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got one, I got one for you. What about sea grapes? You ever had sea grapes? Like on the on the way to school. We used to stop on the way to school, you know, I went the beach out on South Beach on the way to school, Me and my granddad.
Speaker 5: I never forget mad Rest in peace.
Speaker 3: Baby. We used to stop them from Miami and never so the beach until you was twenty.
Speaker 5: Who you Well, hey, listen, my grandma ain't play that. My grandma ain't play that. Listen, my grim listen. It's a funny thing. I'm glad you just mentioned that.
Speaker 1: My grandma taught in the Day County public school system for forty three years. Forty three years, so she toured at Nautilus on South Beach. So it was hapen for me to go to school. Where do you think she made me go to school?
Speaker 5: Start from kindergarten?
Speaker 3: Oh she can keep it because she can keep it. Eye on you that was.
Speaker 5: That was her favorite words.
Speaker 1: Listen, I went to Temple bes Selon for kindergarten timber like I'm I used to. I forgot with my jew I forgot, you know what I'm I'm gonna stay off of that, especially during the time that the climate we're in right now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, right there, I see what y'all doing out there. They're trying to get CAF get clean trending right now.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you see your boy dirty boy.
Speaker 5: But you you back on there tomorrow? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh well you good. If you back on tomorrow, you get the make up. You get to make up for whatever they talking about today, they can't. They can't say none about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I might I might have to. I might have to go. Hey.
Speaker 2: You know how the women, you know, Hollywood and entertainers been going without makeup. I saw Cardi B and I saw some of these other inner. Ain't this is what I look like with no makeup?
Speaker 5: Boy?
Speaker 3: Might have to go out there. You know, with no bakeup.
Speaker 5: You can you can you matter of fact, you can do that.
Speaker 3: You know, look I look good anyway?
Speaker 5: I might hear something talk your ship what Alicia Key Alicia Keys did it.
Speaker 3: Be that right down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, boy, you boy, you've been in the gym? Mom, what I like it? Hey? You know y'all feeling that later tomorrow? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What time you there out here with me in l A.
Speaker 5: Okay, what time?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 5: Oh? Shit? You know I can care. I can. I can make it there if you if you need a little help.
Speaker 2: Now I'm waiting on Steven that I'm waiting on Stephen and say, hey, bro, I want you to host this thing again, and then you know, let me get let me get like, let me get like three or four hosty gigs under my belt, and then I'm gonna put the word on.
Speaker 5: Why can't be on the show with stephen A? Two?
Speaker 3: Look here, see there, you can see. I don't think you understand how this thing works.
Speaker 5: I understand how we're I'm trying to see with Steve making me a part of what y'all got going on.
Speaker 2: Stephen A requested me. He went to his boss and said, if it's possible, I would like to have Shannon. Now it's your decision. It's it's you, guys. It's Bob Iger, who's the head of Disney, Jimmy Patarro, Burke, Magnus, Dave Roberts. It's all those guys, their decision, he said, But I would like to have him on the show. That's Stephen as show. Nothing goes or comes without steven A's blessing.
Speaker 3: How you want me?
Speaker 2: But all of a sudden, think I have that kind of unprecedented power, unprecedented control, then I can just bring you over.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, did you just say Bob Iger, the head of Disney.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's that's my boy. Well you need to call him and tell him to get your ass on it and me and you.
Speaker 5: Need me, man, me and Bob we be smoking to god, I know Bob.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Bob, Bob is what I need to go through. That's who you need to go through.
Speaker 5: And me and Bob go way back. Man, I had no idea Bob was in that position of power like that. Yeah, you didn't even tell me that. We just be smokings to card Chilling.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I know that's what you talked to.
Speaker 1: We always got to go to somebody else. Yes, a lift in hand because you don't want to help me out. But I know I know Bob, I don't mind help me out.
Speaker 2: Oh you do realize like you're actually talking right right now, right, yeah, So how did this come about?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you throw your boy and bone like listen, like I tell like, I tell my like. I tell my rich friends, I tell my rich friends. I tell you, man, listen, throw something on the flow for me. I'm gonna pick it up.
Speaker 5: Something on the flow for me. I'm gonna pick it up. I'm gonna make sure I'll take care of it. Now.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm gonna give something whether or not you eat or not. I mean, hey, now, if you don't, if you if you ain't hungry and don't eat, that ain't got nothing to do with me. But I give people opportunity right right, and you know I believe in them. Now now, if you have that opportunity up, I'm not gonna say that you can't eat no more.
Speaker 3: You just can't eat on my plate.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, I appreciate the opportunity because of the opportunity you gave me, right yeah, because of the opportunity you gave me. I done went west to creative mess and I'm coming back east to spend my grease. That's what it's what you're gonna do. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna tell you again. I met you out west the creative mess, and I came back east and I'm gonna spend my grease.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, well I'm gonna want you to bring some up to the table and say, you know what, I got an ideal.
Speaker 3: I got an ideal. What you think about this?
Speaker 5: Hey, I got a lot of ideas, now, I got I got a lot of ideas. But I don't want to. I want to make sure we going in the right direction.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure we were flowing, you know, and in the direction we need to be flowing before I even bring you in out.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you know what.
Speaker 2: We just hit fifty album subscribers and we've only been we only had the channel available for a week.
Speaker 3: Wait we already?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I want to I want to say thank you from uh and Ocho from the bottom of our heart for everybody that's clicked that subscribe button. Fifty thousand in a week. We going places o yo, about fifteen minutes. I'm gonna go upstairs and go to sleep. I don't know where you're going after that.
Speaker 1: By fifty thousand, fifty but I don't even know fifty thousand people, Well, you got me getting emotional by I don't even I don't even know.
Speaker 2: That's what you get for, that's what you get. We're gonna get one of these four a hundred thousand, oh joe, Yeah you see that. Yeah, well we about to get one of them.
Speaker 3: Were gone for one hundred thousand. Now we get really big with uh.
Speaker 1: Damn, I'm emotional fifty thousand, oh joe, Yeah, we get really big.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need I need that because I ain't. I ain't. I ain't never want nothing in life. I ain't never want nothing like oh you you hit the lottery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Hey, my older daughter, my older daughter, my older daughter, my kids don't even play the lottery.
Speaker 3: No mood.
Speaker 2: You know why ot yoe? Wow, said daddy, you the lottery ticket. M We don't play the lottery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got me.
Speaker 3: We go off play.
Speaker 1: We do it, do we do it in big but fifty thousand years, that's how much it means to me. You got me saying I don't even cry. I ain't cry, big rod crying, no yoke, damn, fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: What hey, you're looking like ty Reeves up there crying. I thought that was try Reefs crying.
Speaker 5: I just mean it means a lot. I mean fifty thousand people. It's a lot of people. I don't think you understand, Like you know where I come from, so you know how much you don't know what this means to me. Man, you gave me an opportunity and the opportunity and then we got fitted down the week.
Speaker 2: This man just told me a month ago he ain't got no tear ducks, he ain't got no tier. Do that what you just told me? Now, if it's a lie, you told it? Hey, everybody is on Live. How many people we got on Live? Ash we got thirteenth the people. I want y'all to jump in the comment and then and tell me did did I did I miss here? Or did I miss quote O Joe when he said he ain't got.
Speaker 3: No tear up?
Speaker 5: Hey, this is this is this is a moment for me. We need to we need to come here.
Speaker 2: Crying like Charrell broke up with it. I think that's a I think that's an underlie.
Speaker 3: I think she told you.
Speaker 2: Unless you signed that preeting up, she's gonna dip and you trying to you trying to mask it.
Speaker 5: I'm just feeling good. You don't understand what just so we've been on the show for a week. Listen to me, now, listen to me. Now, stay with me, stay with you.
Speaker 3: No, we've been on the show for a while, but we just had the channel. We just started the channel.
Speaker 1: But I remember we're saying, but the fact that we had the channel for a week and we got fifty thousand people, now fifty thousand, fifty thousand in a week.
Speaker 5: So that means it's eight being people in the world. So if my math stands corrected, if it's eight being people in the world, and we got fifty thousand within a week, that means and in seven hundred and ninety two weeks, we'll have half the world subscribed to our channel if we get.
Speaker 2: Our goal is to try to were trying to get We're trying to get to one hundred thousand in the next in the next week, and then then we do quarter a quarter of a million, half.
Speaker 3: Familiar and a million. Right, we can get to it. We can get to a million in a year. We're doing it. Oh Joe, listen, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to a mean before that. Because these tears are tears of happiness and joy. I can't believe this, Damn, I feel good.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be a mean hey, y'all, mean y'all.
Speaker 5: There's nothing to mean me about this was this was a good moment for me. This is to show you how happy and appreciative I am and how much this show means to me. This is how much how much it means to me.
Speaker 1: So people laughing at that, they shouldn't laugh at that. There's nothing to laugh about.
Speaker 5: And then I don't you know, today today my girl birthday too.
Speaker 3: So on top of that, what you get, what you get? What you get?
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, you cried and five minutes got us another thousand followers for real?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: To death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm also I just wanted to show you I could cry on Q for any any producer.
Speaker 3: So you acted now, huh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. I just have to show you.
Speaker 5: I have to show you I could crown Q. All I had to do. All I had to do is think of something really sad and I can cry on Q. But the that was a great moment. That was a great moment for us. That was a great moment.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it. I talk, Look, go ahead, you.
Speaker 5: Want me to tell you what I got them.
Speaker 3: What you got?
Speaker 5: Let me show you. Yeah, we stuff that baby. Oh she left in the car. So so check me out.
Speaker 3: You got to the car. What you I mean?
Speaker 5: We in Philly, We in Philly.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I got I gotta do inside the NFL them right right.
Speaker 3: Right, right right right.
Speaker 1: If you if you want to be on that, I could just bring you on. I ain't got to work till my foot in the door. I'm just saying, see the difference. If you want to come on, I can have your bro.
Speaker 3: You don't think I got enough jobs?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 3: I don't think I got enough jobs.
Speaker 1: I mean, well I would like to have that problem too. Yeah, I mean I got listen, I got let me let me let me tell you.
Speaker 5: Speaking of job, let me tell you. I work here. I work with you, I work with I do inside the NFL.
Speaker 1: Right, I am the general manager at the Piccadilly's in Miami, right right.
Speaker 5: I work with ma I do I do the ratings. I do the ratings. So that that's four jobs. Five.
Speaker 1: I do her hair, makeup, massages, manicures, nails, I do do your hair.
Speaker 3: Huh who do your hair? Uh?
Speaker 5: And this and this clippers?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I'm just trying to diversify my my portfolio and just trying to extend and I just need your help. I just need to But now that I know, I can go to Bob, you know, I know, me and Bob like this, Me and Bob like this, go to him.
Speaker 2: He definitely can help you. I don't know if you saw this. There was a reporter in South Carolina. He went to the state fair. Yeah, and uh, he was trying this.
Speaker 3: I guess it's a hot dollar polish of something.
Speaker 2: And he got the chewing on it and you could tell because there wasn't no swallowing and he ended up putting it in one side of his mouth and said, Okay, back to you in the studio, What's what's the worst food You've ever tried?
Speaker 5: The worst food I ever tried?
Speaker 1: And I would never forget. It's three different it's three separate occasions. Grandma, baby, rest in peace. I will never forget this. And because of you is the reason I do not at the church every Sunday. Grandma forced me to go to church every Sunday. We go to churches at the church, right, he had the nerve to get them.
Speaker 6: Goddamn Oprahs and I made a mistake being greedy and put my hand in that slimy ass oprah in a kid and that I got from the slime and the google.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ochs for me never never again, And just the thought of it, it makes me sick to my stomach. Zucchini zuchi I hate. I don't know what it was what made me bite into whatever salad it was she was eating, or whatever it was she was eating that day, dude, and.
Speaker 3: I never had no. I don't like fried oprah. I don't like zucchini.
Speaker 5: And the third thing was squash.
Speaker 3: I don't like squash either her And.
Speaker 1: Again it's my grandma not telling me what either, but me being greedy biting in the something that she had, squashing the texture.
Speaker 2: Was What about me? What about animals? Is there any exotic animals you tried? Any any like animals?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh I eat everything. I eat all animals.
Speaker 1: I don't care what it is. I've had raccoon. Huh you have had raccoon? I caught one before.
Speaker 3: No, have you ever eaten it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Possum No, I ain't et no possum. Them niggas, them niggas that don't play.
Speaker 3: What about squirrel.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, squirrel. I had a little squirrel before squirrel tastes like chicken. Turtle turtle, Yeah, I had a little snapper turtle. Yeah, snapper turtle.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: What else? I had a look kangaroo, little crocodile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had the pus. Yeah.
Speaker 5: What else? Uh? Frog leg you have frog legs?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we had frog Yeah? What about?
Speaker 5: Hold up? What about chocolate? Chocolate ants? You have chocolate ants? Never tried that, And that's that's a delicacy right there. Chocolate ants? Yeah, right, delicate.
Speaker 3: I mean you go to state fairs, that's what you get to try.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: You get the fried you get the fried butter, you get the fried Snickers, the fried Oreo, the fried cake. You get some fried everything. But there's a delicacy down in the South. And people when I told when I told my teammates about it, they didn't believe it. But I had a coach that was from down South, and he's like, yeah, it's a delicacy. Uh, we're gonna bleep this out, but I'm gonna say what it is. We gonna bleep this out and said onions.
Speaker 5: Nigga, what.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh that's what that's downside. Yeah, that we bel eat that.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's that's I understand that might be the word. But for better context, what is it really what is it really eating?
Speaker 2: If the if the the the unit that all male cow, the bull right when he's deceased, right, they cut it out right, they stew it down in the onion and they eat it like rocky mount like mountain oisters, like cow testicles, hog testacles.
Speaker 3: I've had turkey testacles.
Speaker 5: So chiling's basically when.
Speaker 2: I was a kid, chilling's hog mall, hall head, pigg ear, pigtail.
Speaker 5: Pig feet, big feet, Yeah, pig feet. I love pigtails.
Speaker 2: That that's that's yeah, that are you know, hog head cheese, you know the pigtail. You know you put pigtails in green, put turkey necks and green.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know on on the chicken.
Speaker 2: You eat every every part of my chicken except the first and the last part to get over the fence. Everything but the beacon, the butt, the first part across the fence, in the last part. But but I didn't know until I got to college that you could buy individual chicken parts, because my grandmother always bought the entire chicken because it was cheaper and cut it up, so I didn't know you could get all drumsticks, you could get all short thighs, you can get all wings, you can get all breasts.
Speaker 3: I remember going to the grocery. I'm like, you could know I was.
Speaker 2: In the grocery. I mean, I didn't buy anything in college. I was probably in the NFL when I was out on my own and I'm in the grocery store and I'm looking. I'm like, you mean to tell me you can get like all drumsticks, you can get all I never I never knew that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but I tell you that.
Speaker 2: This is what I tell people. I ate a lot of things when I was growing up to let me know what I didn't want to eat. As an adult, I like that.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I like a job. I had a lot of jobs.
Speaker 2: I caught chickens, cropped tobacco, clipped onions, loaded tomatoes, beled hay, loaded watermelons, pull peanuts, bull sweet potatoes. I dug sweet potatoes. I did all of that. I just knew I didn't want to do none of those jobs as as an adult. They were back breaking.
Speaker 3: As a kid.
Speaker 2: Now think about it, now, you gotta understand I've been working in the field since I was about six years old.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was in the field, Yes, God damn Jacca.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 3: Yo, cho oh cho people. Look here.
Speaker 2: We worked in the fields from Kane to Kane, and you when Kane to Kane. That mean when you went to work, you can't see and when you get out you can't see.
Speaker 3: We worked.
Speaker 2: We worked ten twelve hours a day. Come home, take a shower, get well, go chesch chickens. So we caught chickens from nine till about one in the morning. We got a dollar thousand. So it was about me and about six of my cousins.
Speaker 5: Who whoa, whoa, whoah, you got a dollar a thousand chickens.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, that's what you got. You got a dollar a thousand. That ain't so the most we would catch it we we would like the C team. So my uncle ran the C team, so we'd the only catch the most chickens. We would catch with sixteen thousand, but they had the A and the B team they would catch forty fifty thousand of the night.
Speaker 5: What yeah, where they had all them chickens come from in the chicken house. Okay, So you go in.
Speaker 2: You go in and once they get dark. So my uncle would pick us up at about nine thirty ten o'clock. We normally have to go at least sometimes thirty as close as thirty minutes, but sometimes it's about an hour away. You go in at you open the back of the and you put a flash light up because you got to realize chickens they huddle together, right, So you've turned the flash light up and you go in.
Speaker 3: Three in one hand, three in the other. So we go in that thing. We'd be hype.
Speaker 2: We met it with me, my brother, my cousin Landy Arnel, Eugene, had another cousin like Robbie, and some other some other so it was about probably about eight to nine of them because we had like four cat We had four four or five catchers.
Speaker 3: We had two stackers and a taker. So you go out that thing. We coming that thing.
Speaker 5: Bird bird bird bird, bird, bird.
Speaker 2: Bird, everybody hauling bird. We get them things done about three hour, whee up. Out of them made sixteen dollars just like that, and we had made and I had made five dollars earlier to day working in the field, So that's twenty one dollars made me a good little grip, and I did it, and I did it when I was in school from the fourth to the eighth grade. I caught chiga that night and went to school as a eight nine, ten, limn twelve year old run tail that so when people talk about when people think, oh shnner, you don't know what in light to work hard.
Speaker 3: Oh you had a silver spoke brother, you don't know nothing.
Speaker 5: I tell my kids all the time, the life that you were able to live. You don't know what I had to go through where I come from. I luctured.
Speaker 1: I walked uphill to school both ways. I walked up hill to school both ways, so you could do what you're doing right now. But I didn't have the phone. So you can pick up the phone and call me and know I'm gonna yeah every time. You don't know what I had to do, oh jo, But I really did have to walk them out to catch the school bus.
Speaker 5: Wait, I had to catch the bus too. I listen. I caught. I caught the bus to the Beach High I caught the seven on tenth Avenue. I got off, caught the l all the way to school and had to walk. I had to do that. I ain't had no car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but see the school bus. But I was the only one.
Speaker 2: The school bus didn't come to school. Like when like my brother and my sister, all of them was on that We had other people. The school bus would come by the house, right, but at that point in time, I was the only one. The school bus didn't come by the house. So I had to walk to the end of the road. So if it was you know, if it's raining, didn't matter, right, Yeah, I just I just remember thinking to myself. I was like, I know, damn, well, ain't no other kid my age working it, I mean working as hard as I mean. They might be like some third world country, sure, because I see these kids working out, like, ain't no way a kid working ten twelve hours in the fields and didn't get and going to cash chickens.
Speaker 3: It's a dollar a thousand.
Speaker 5: I ain't work in the field. You remember, you ever heard of the Jitney? I used to use the Jenny to get to them from where I got to go. You ever heard of the Jitney? Now the Jenney services legendary Miami. I'm sure some people in the chat from the crib they know what I'm talking about. But listen, the way I used to make my money was with my grandma. Obviously, matures. You had to do your chores. Oh yeah, cutting the grass, yes, mopping yeah, and clean cleaning the garage, just pulling the wheeds, pulling the weeds.
Speaker 2: I made money, Yeah, that's listen because I would wash, because see I would wash the dishes.
Speaker 3: What if I watched my car with my sister.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well my grandfather said I was too little because he gave me a quarter to wash the tie.
Speaker 3: So I got a dollar washing the times. He let my brother washing it. Man. So, oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 2: My grandfather said, okay, boys, I'm gonna pay y'all to go wash the car wash his truck. So me and my brother go out there and we get some saying, you know, I'm doing the times, my brother washing it. We go in to how Papa we done? He come outside and look at it, true story, asked my brother.
Speaker 3: He looked at me and my brother say you know what he.
Speaker 2: Say, anything is better than nothing, but you two fellas real close to nothing.
Speaker 3: My brother looked at me. I loved that here about nothing. Huh. So that's where I get that.
Speaker 2: That's where I get that saying from He told us anything is better than nothing.
Speaker 3: But you two fellas real close to nothing.
Speaker 5: Y'all ain't wash it did y'all wasth it.
Speaker 2: We did the best we could. You gotta understand. Oho, Oh Joe, I'm six, my brother nine, Say what the hell you thought he was gonna get? You thought he was going to the car wash down the street. What what do you expect? What kind of card detailed you thought you'd gonna get for two dollars? You paid two dollars, you got a two dollar car wadh What the hell? And we had one of the little the little swipper, but you know the little bruins about this big switch room that you had.
Speaker 3: So we had no vacuum with a small handle on it. Yeah, that's what we had to sweep out the truck with.
Speaker 5: I remember those. So that's crazy. That's some good.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what, I bet you I have one fear factor. I wasn't on fear fact. I have won that, Yeah, yeah, I won that. Or survival Yeah, but see, nothing sees survival s. That's about allegiance. That's about getting people to like you and not boat.
Speaker 3: Your ass off.
Speaker 2: See I'll starve your ass off the island, because I'll hunt and fish for my damn self, and so you will leave.
Speaker 3: Can you starve it?
Speaker 2: See that's in a situation like that, I ain't trying to be your I ain't trying to be your teammate. Now if we really try to survive, okay, yes, but if I'm trying to win a contest, right.
Speaker 5: No, I could do.
Speaker 1: I can do fear fact as well, based off what I'm willing to eat. And I do anything anything once you too, bougie, who you come on that?
Speaker 3: This is me?
Speaker 5: This is me now, I don't do don't do me like that.
Speaker 1: I'm the one flat spirit and the one I'm the one eat McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Don't do that. Hey, but you got he but assist I cut up assist day though, I tell you did.
Speaker 3: But I saw U. I saw this.
Speaker 2: I saw this video Spirit Airlines. I might start flying Spirit you might. You might as well check this out President Trump, President Trump plane and the air traffic controller was in the Spirit guy's ear and he's like, hold on, we got a b I P VI I P plane and the gowns the Polympics. Spirit like what he's like, So he goes on the runway anyway. He's like flight nine five seven, Where are you going? He said, Orlando, He off that was I was like, you know what, I might have the joint old Spirit.
Speaker 3: Listen, you got to come home.
Speaker 5: We we are over Spirit. We are our own entity, and we don't we don't buy that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it costs you fifty It cost you fifty dollars to fly, and if you fly the plane, they'll give you twenty five of it back.
Speaker 5: That's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 3: We we are we are.
Speaker 1: We are a cost of fishing airline, one that allows those to get from point A to point B just as fast, but for cheap.
Speaker 2: What about what about what about the what about that Spirit flight that the pilots did show up for seven hours and they were sitting on they were sitting waiting on the pilot to come for seven hours.
Speaker 5: Well, I've seen that happen with American Delta, and I've seen that happen. I ain't seen that.
Speaker 3: I ain't ain't never happened. I got I got one million Bible.
Speaker 5: Never was a strike just not long ago with the pilots money showing up at all. Strike.
Speaker 3: I mean, but but but that that those piles were supposed to be there.
Speaker 5: Spirit.
Speaker 1: Spirit don't have We don't have no issues, We don't have no problems. We will tell you what we are here, definition of love and the sky.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I can't tell you. I know you saw that kangaroo that had that man dog trying to drown that man.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't seen so many funny you think. Would you fight a kangaroo? Just be honest for the thing he swore? Man, you fight the kangarooge.
Speaker 3: About my dog? Well about think about about what you think about? What you just think about? What you just asked me. Asked me that to give you.
Speaker 5: You'll fight your dog, fight a kan rouge.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the cana I'll fight. I'll fight a dog. I'll fight anything about my dog. Kangaroo, snake, bear for sure. Sure.
Speaker 5: So now you just said bear, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. I'm gonna shoot the bear.
Speaker 5: Okay, you said we talked about fighting no nobody, no weapons involved.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If I'm if I'm out in the wilderness, you're probably gonna have now ca I mean I mean this guy here, I mean he and the out I mean the out back wherever kangaroos, So I think.
Speaker 3: He's in Australi.
Speaker 2: In Australia, he's a he's a I guess he teaches jiu jitsu, so he's skilled. But I saw I saw one video where the kangaroo had the man dog and head lock that man swung on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you see that kangaroo like let the dog go, like hold on, just snapped me. He's like he did.
Speaker 5: It's real.
Speaker 1: It's some very funny kangaroo videos where they going at it with people. It was one a kangaroo and some dude. It was around some bushes. I think it might be father many and there throwing punches that I was and I am.
Speaker 3: I was literally tears.
Speaker 5: It's so funny.
Speaker 3: But but reading up a lot of times kangaroos will retreat.
Speaker 2: To the water because when they're being chased by dingos, to be chased by being chased by a pack of dog, so they're going in the water to try to get away and if a single yes they will drive, they will drown the dog. He was trying to drown the dog because the dog had followed him into the water because he was trying to get away. And so now he's like, I got the advantage on you. And he's like, man, that Joe came up out that water.
Speaker 3: He said, let him go. MATEK said he gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Bro say he can't. He came and he he the bloke came to me. What I was about to do something? What I'm about to do to you? I don't want no footage of it and care nothing phone in the water. And oh yeah, but most but most pet owners, most pet owners, Yeah, they would have done the same thing.
Speaker 1: And that's instinctive. That's like having a child when it has a dog, has a dog. Even casts people that are cat lover the dog lovers. Anytime danger yes present, you don't even think twice. You don't even think about think twice.
Speaker 5: It don't matter what the situation is.
Speaker 2: Because I saw the lady. I saw the lady go shove the bear. Remember the bear was on the fence.
Speaker 3: Oh man, she shoved it. Yes, that bear.
Speaker 1: Nothing crazy, Nothing matters depending on circumstance, nothing especial from the dogs and your dogs and your kids.
Speaker 2: Adrenaline. Adrenaline is a powerful thing. Yeah, and so when you get that surge, that's why you see people. You hear these stories of women lifting up a car or men being able to that have superhuman strength because you get that rush of adrenaline.
Speaker 1: That that fight or flight anything is possible, anything if anything is possible.
Speaker 2: But man, I really want to thank you guys tonight for joining us. Thank you for clicking the subscribe button. That subscribe button is below. I'm shouting, shark.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, wait, but we can't go yet.
Speaker 1: I just I just want people that were able to see the artistry that I do have in the range I have and being able to cry on Q when you were here fifty thousand subscribers.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm sure I hope we'll packer.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe Tyler Perry sees, yeah, Brian Cooper and they see, you know, the range that I do have and how I can just boom on Q. I just I just just trying to just go on the opportunity out there so I can.
Speaker 2: I can imagine what's gonna happen when we hit a million. Huh, I said, I can just imagine what we're gonna have. Once's gonna happen when you hear we hit a million.
Speaker 1: Listen if we hit a meon follow us or we get anything, close to a me and follow us.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're gonna hit it.
Speaker 5: It just we're gonna hit it. I will, I will.
Speaker 1: I won't be able to contain myself. I won't be able to contain myself. And I just want you to bear with me while I allow those emotions to flow.
Speaker 5: Just just bed with me. That's all. That's all I can say.
Speaker 3: He's Chad too late. We already saw you cry. Thank you for joining the Night Camp.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite dog, shatter Sharp, He's your favorite number eighty five Cincinnati Bengal legend Chad o Jo Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 3: Thank you for tuning in the night.
Speaker 2: Thank you for hitting that subscribe button, and we'll see you Thursday night.
Speaker 5: Thursday night. Y'all call me if you need me.
Speaker 4: H