Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go. Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 5: We were on.
Speaker 1: With Mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Patrick Walker and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 6: It is Friday, December twenty ninth, twenty twenty three, Season nineteen, episode number ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the latest edition of The.
Speaker 6: Break Life from the s WBC Mortgage Studios at the Star. It is college day here on the Break. As you can tell from me and Brian, me didn't wear your at college here today, but that's okay. You can be a Texas Longhorn fish because your brother is. Yeah, so we can. We can just kind of take you on with us, and we're getting ready for some fun football this weekend between the pros and the college guys. It's gonna be a good weekend, hopefully a good weekend by the time we come back in here on Tuesday. But today we're gonna get you guys ready for Cowboys versus Lions. We'll do some some questions around that game, get you guys prepared.
Speaker 2: There hopefully at some point in the game.
Speaker 6: In the show, we will also have a time talk a little bit about the NFC and what's going on there and where the Cowboys sit and what they need to happen for their chances as far as certain seeds in the playoffs. Amber's got a game for us and Segment two, so we got a lot going on today. Let's jump right in. Brian, give me some updates here on injuries for Tyron Smith, Chuma Edoga, and Rico Duvel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rico Dabble is not gonna play.
Speaker 7: I was told yesterday that Yron Smith will play and then Adoga will Then he's dealing with the toe injury that he will be the backup. So good news on the left tackle spot for the Cowboys. We'll see what happens with the running back situation. Uh, there's a chance. Listening to Mike McCarthy talked with Sean and Argie one five three of the Fan this morning. He was talking about the possible elevation of Deuce Vaughn.
Speaker 5: And some potential packages and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: This will be an interesting game in the way that they use Deuce Vaughn. And I say it with what I know about Detroit's blitzing linebackers, you know, you mean you have to be very mindful. Yes you have packages, Yes you have ways to get him involved, but is it one of those things where that you sometimes you have to play him in certain spots. And with the way that the Lions like to blitz their linebackers and the way that they blitz their safeties, blitz pick up is going to be a huge part of this football game. And and last week what we saw in the Dolphins game was some indecision. Maybe it was a road environment, you know, Nate Newton, Dave Campo on on the broadcast the other night, you know, the cross talk show, talking about communication communication home being better. So yeah, I just I'm curious of how much do we really see Douce Fawn in this game? And you know, there's some there's also some reasons that he you know, because of his lack of height, he doesn't play in a lot of special teams. And that's something that you know, I mean, how many plays when you carry him to this game? As Bill Parcells would say, how many plays you're gonna get out of him. Is this going to be five plays, six plays, eight plays? You know, that's that's that's that's going to be the trick because he has taken a he has taken a spot out of some necessity because you don't have recal Dabtle in the lineup.
Speaker 6: You know what I would wonder, and that's under that situation is is this a game where because those linebackers blitz quite a bit, that maybe you feel like, because of Dus's size, you can kind of leak him out a little bit. And if he leaks out and now you got him in open field and you can just throw the ball out to him quickly and get him out in space, maybe that's how you can take advantage of that those linebackers the linebacker blitzes and actually slow that down a bit to where they're like, hey, maybe we shouldn't do that because we've got to count for the fact that this guy can leak out on.
Speaker 7: The one encouraging thing that we've seen from the Cowboys, and it has shown up at times, is their ability to run a screen game, you know, and that's going to be you know, how do you how do you get the screen game incorporated and is he part of the screen game. Yeah, you know we can we can see bunch formations. When we talk about bunch, is you know three four guys lined up to the outside and then throw them the ball quick on the screen before you catch the blitz and then hope, you know, you get the block. We saw a double screen last week where Dak you know he threw to the three blocker side. It's the four blocker side. Probably something he'll look at and go, I'm not going to make that mistake ever again. I'm to make sure you gets to the four blocker side. But yeah, that's the swings, the releases, Uh yeah, those are all part of what you can absolutely do with us fun in a football game.
Speaker 8: This is a tough game to have him out there. I mean, he's a he's a he's a weapon. We've seen him, yeah, very very good back. But obviously SIS has been a thing, but it hasn't affected him because he still is super fast and a very skilled player. But what scares me is we haven't seen him in a while and just throwing him out there in a game against the Lions where they have so many aggressive players, it just I am excited to see him, but at the same time, I'm kind of like, oh, is it Is it gonna be a good thing? Is he gonna be able to shine? Or are you just putting him in a bad position where you're just kind of throwing him out there since he hasn't been used in a long time.
Speaker 7: I remember having conversations with Jesse Holly about this and when you the one thing about Deuce that you'll notice he will look fresher than everybody else playing that that's the one.
Speaker 5: You know, his his legs and.
Speaker 7: The lack of hits and all that, you will when you hand him the ball, you will be able to tell that he hasn't had to endure in an NFL season like some of these other.
Speaker 5: Backs have had to.
Speaker 7: So I think that's the positive that sometimes you're you put somebody into the lineup and they they shine because they haven't they haven't played, but their body hasn't taken the.
Speaker 5: Wear and tear and the hits. Now.
Speaker 7: But you do worry about is though the hits, you know, and Deuce Fawn is not a fumbler, you know. You just don't want it to be like they started using Hunter Lipkey and Hunter Lipkey. The week before we saw was a much blocking and you're kind of and we saw Hunter Lipkey carry the ball and it was like, man, this is good. It's third and one, fourth and one. Hunter Lipkey's getting two three yards a run and then you hand it to him and then you have the fumble. Whether that was his not clamping down or Dak, you know, I mean I think that Hunter probably thought that maybe Dak was gonna pull it.
Speaker 5: I I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean just depending on you know who you ask, but yeah, you just don't want something some guy that has not played in a long time, and then all of a sudden that first hit, second hit, and now the balls knock loose, and now that he goes from being a positive like we saw with Hunter Lipkey to a don't get him out of the lineup. I don't want to see Hunter Lipkey in the lineup anymore. But you know what, they're gonna need him in this game if in fact, I mean, he's probably gonna be the primary of the second back if you really really look at it.
Speaker 6: I was wondering, is Malik Davis is gonna end up begging in that kind of role and Lepki still kind of handles his responsibilities as that kind of that. I don't know if they'renna use him in short yard is yes, they did last week, but I don't know Malik Davis becomes an option though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's and I trying to remember if Malik Davis has any more elevations left to his game, and I think they've they've used him. And the one thing about it is this is a team and I was kind of wondering too, is this the type of game and it's important for both teams? I mean, this game is really important for both team. And I wonder if you're in a situation where you would actually remove somebody on the roster to make sure that you had Elik Davis on the you know, on the roster. You know, but they obviously, you know, have confidence in uh In uh In Hunter Lipke and they have confidence induced fawn that they can get done. I mean, it'd be to have all those guys active though too. It would be four backs that you would really you have active, right if you so, I don't know if the Special Team's numbers or the numbers the count that they need for the offense and defense, well might be allowed them to do.
Speaker 4: That, maybe they don't need to use hindershot as much.
Speaker 5: Well, that's you know that that's something you know.
Speaker 2: You you you can, that's a luxury.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 7: Honestly, you can honestly think about you know, it's unfortunate because hinder shot the other day. You know, a tough chance ball gets Stone to him in the middle. Dack's trying to feed it to him. You catch it, he's on the one yard line. Now you're in a situation where you're kind of thinking about maybe we need you know, you can maybe get this go for this.
Speaker 5: But yeah, his his.
Speaker 7: His star or stock has diminished, I think in a lot of eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been a tough year for him.
Speaker 6: All right, let's let's let's jump into the matchup. Tell me, as far as the offense of the Detroit Lions, who do you think is a player that should be most concerning for Dallas?
Speaker 5: Got any in mind? There? Ag the running back duo.
Speaker 8: I mean that's an easy one really to say.
Speaker 5: They're so.
Speaker 8: Fast and talented and skill and this is no breaking news or anything.
Speaker 5: We all know this.
Speaker 8: Uh, the Cowboys defense has struggle in stopping the run, and I think anytime you have a running back that can really really run and escape and is so quick in his breaks and so skill that can bring problems for this defense. So I think that's an easy one for me to say to Pig running back for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll go different from ag there because she's absolutely right about the running back situation. I'm on Rod Saint Brown is a guy that when you look at him at wide receiver and what he's been able to do, you know, targets to receptions or just like he doesn't drop the ball, he doesn't miss the ball, he doesn't you know, he's He's one of those guys you could tell by watching tape. The game is super fun for him, and he's competitive and he wants to play well and it's important, and he's a really good route runner. He's very detailed in the way he plays. There's no sloppiness to his game. Sometimes you'll playgetinst a wide receiver that is a little sloppy in his routes, sloppy with his technique, sloppy with his hands.
Speaker 5: Not this kid.
Speaker 7: He is just a the in the you know, and you look at golf Off, he that's his guy.
Speaker 5: I mean he throws the.
Speaker 7: Ball to Saint Brown and you know that's he's likely going to come up with it. You could throw the tight end in there as well as a guy that you would you know you worried.
Speaker 5: You will see how how they play him.
Speaker 7: The Cowboys safety's hooker has been playing better, Wilson. We've talked about near the line is better than playing back. So yeah, they've got a couple of things that they're gonna have to deal with in this game.
Speaker 5: Especially.
Speaker 6: I'll throw out Sam Laporta just because, in my opinion, this is the best tight end I think the Cowboys will have seen since they saw Kittle, and we saw what Kittle did to them, and I just I worry about that tight end. As skilled a tight end as Sam Laporte is, that could be a problem for Dallas. We'll see how ends up this weekend. Let's talk about the defensive side of the ball. Who's the defensive player that you think the Cowboys should be most concerned with.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what I.
Speaker 7: Aiden Hutchinson would be really easy to say, and I'll let you say Aiden Hutchinson like I think I think Alex Angeloni the linebacker, and I say this at a respect just because last week blitzing linebackers weren't being picked up and that affected the game. You know, there were several times where a blitzing linebacker was not blocked and all of a sudden, you're blocking scheme with the hell the quarterback was struggling to get the ball out and you had negative plays. And so you know, you're talking about the linebacker in the league that has twenty six pressures, which is tied for the most of any off ball linebacker in the league. So if I'm Aaron Glenn, the defensive coordinator Detroit, I'm thinking, well, I'm gonna I'm gonna find out if Dallas could pick up blitzes today. I'm gonna find out. They might hit me on a player or two, but I'm going to find out if they could pick up a blitz. But these linebackers I think are pretty Both of them are pretty good. You know, Jack Campbell, the big, you know, downhill player, for them, I think is of effect. You got to get a hat on him. But that, you know, Angeloni with the with the the ability to rush the passers, got me a little bit nervous right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, obviously I am gonna make hutchingson Hutchinson, he I mean, you talk about a big guy that can move, the speed that he has, the ability that he has to play different places and get to the quarterback. We saw the struggles that the Oline had last week, and I don't think that's any different than this week. They're still dealing with the same issues as last week. He's a guy that can get to the quarterback and not only that, but create turnovers as well get his hands on the ball. So that is something that I'm pretty concerned. I would say looking at how Dallas played last week, how many times they got to Dak. Luckily they didn't really turn the ball over other than the time with Hunter Lipkey, but it does worry me that Dak is constantly under pressure or in him getting to him and possibly recovering the ball. That's an area of concern for me this week because that guy, he's hard to stop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I would go with Hutchinson as well, mainly because of the matchup. I think this game is going to ride in a lot of ways on that matchup between Hutchinson is Steel. Whoever wins that matchup has a great chance to win this game. Because ultimately, I don't think I'm not really afraid of the Detroit defense, and quite frankly, I don't think Detroit will necessarily They're not necessarily coming to this game afraid of Dallas's defense. I think they feel like there's some things they can take advantage of, and so I think this is going to be just a high scoring game. What you can't afford to do is let Hutchinson dominate Steel on that side, and then what ends up happening is your passing game isn't what it needs to be in order to keep up and keep scoring, because you're gonna have to keep scoring out thinking this game.
Speaker 7: I'll throw another guy out there, nickel Brian Branch, who could play in the slot, and and they're I think they're They're a little bit compromised on the outside with with Cameron Sudden, he's been nicked up a little bit. I think they can make some plays on the outside. The safety group is good, but Branch is a nickel coming out of Alabama, he was a safety.
Speaker 5: He can play, he can cover, He's shown he can cover.
Speaker 7: I don't know how much I would put Ceedee Lamb in the slot this week.
Speaker 5: I just don't.
Speaker 7: And I know Lamb makes a lot of his player. You know, he's had a large number of his plays have been on the outside. His slot play stuff is super impressive. As impressive as we all know, Branch is really good at covering and he can all these guys are kind of ballhawking players, and so Dak needs to be aware of that. But if i'm if I'm Mike McCarthy and the staff, I'm trying to keep Ceedee Lamb away from Brian Branch number thirty two as much as I can in this football game.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're gonna take our first break.
Speaker 6: We will come back, we will get into a little bit of game actioneer from Amber. We'll do that in just a minute. This is Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and t five G fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible planing device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 11: Cowboys fans, after that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay.
Speaker 2: Let's roll back the tape.
Speaker 12: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys, and now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking app.
Speaker 11: Staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 12: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash Can't Stop Banking.
Speaker 11: Everica is only available in the English language. Must download the latest version of the mobile banking app. Only available on select mobile devices. Message dat raates may apply a number FDIC.
Speaker 13: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can off doctor Pep Sheila. Let's hear from our next caller.
Speaker 5: Would you, Dear Doctor?
Speaker 9: My friend supported me during a tough time, but what's the right gift that says thanks for.
Speaker 14: Being a soldier to cry on?
Speaker 13: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 14: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, gator utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 7: Back to the break, enjoy premiere dining, shopping and experiences from over twenty plus restaurant shops and more at the Star District. Check out the Woman's Batique, flea style of Frisco and the official boot partner of the Dallas Cowboys, La Casey enjoy the New Year's celebration at Snowbirds Cocktail Lounge, Concrete Cowboy and City Works, Eatery and Poorhouse. Visit the Star District dot Com for the full directory.
Speaker 6: Welcome back, second segment of the BREAKLFT in s WBC more Studios at the Star amberd Is you return what you got?
Speaker 5: There's big blockchain A little love here.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah yeah, this segment presented by Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Way I get paid next week.
Speaker 2: Let's go mling man here.
Speaker 8: Brian will not let that.
Speaker 2: I got a sponsor.
Speaker 5: I know how important sponsors are.
Speaker 8: All right, We're gonna do a little game of would you rather? And these are questions sent by fans, all right. The first one is from Kelley school Craft. He's asking movie forward would you rather the Cowboys average one hundred and fifty rushing yard as a unit per game or hold opponents to under one hundred rushing yards per game? He says, I currently Dallas has averaged the same amount of rushing rushing yards per game as they've given up two opponents one hundred and fifteen according to ESPN.
Speaker 4: Easy for me, stop the run?
Speaker 6: The worst thing you can do in any game is get into a situation like what happened in Buffalo where the other teams like, we're running it and you can't stop us. You are, It demoralizes you stop the run first and foremost.
Speaker 5: He's absolutely right.
Speaker 7: There's nothing worse than standing there and it gets colder and weather right, and the clock is like melting and it's really not moving, you know, yeah, like let this game be over here, Like you're just praying that he used to experience in high school football, and a sudden the running clock and I was like, please just let the clock run. But you just stand there and you're getting colder and wetter, and they're running the ball and you can't stop them. That's the that's the most immoralizing there is in football.
Speaker 8: The worst, I agree with you guys too, is the worst.
Speaker 7: It's so fun when you're we had a game one time a Green Bay. We threw the ball for two fifty and ran it for two fifty against the Bears, and it was so much fun to be a part of a game like that. But still when you when you're getting the two fifty put up on you, there was time you remember this Derek, there were three years or three games in a row or a year where we give a two hundred yard rusher.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was that was miserable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, three games in a row, Charlie Garner and I mean it was crazy.
Speaker 6: But wasn't Baltimore part of that? I think they had Christ Holmes and somebody else.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was three straight games of over two hundred yard a single two hundred yard rusher in a game, and that that I just want at that point in time, I just wanted to leave.
Speaker 5: I really wanted to leave.
Speaker 8: All right, Brian, what word he's asking? Would you rather the Cowboys go on the road as a five seed against a lesser opponent or be the second seed and play a hot team like the Rams at home?
Speaker 7: Give me the second seed, give me the opportunity to play, you know, I'll take the Rams are playing great football right now, they really are, and they're gonna be there there. If you get the fifth seed, that's my secret weapon to try and knock some of the top seeds out and maybe but give me the opportunity to have an initial home game, which means I'd win the division and then give me the opportunity to maybe host some more games after that, depending on how things shake out. So I'll take the I'll take the home game and the chance against the Rams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I look at the way this team is playing this year. They're they're a different team at home and on the road. And again, I don't really know. This weekend's gonna tell me a lot about whether that's about opponents or not. But the fact is, I still would ride with home. So give me the home game. I'll take the Rams. We've already played the Rams like, it's fine. I'll take the Rams, but give me that home game.
Speaker 7: The thing, the thing about the playing on the road, I don't know if there's a camp is playing pretty well right now. Yeah, Tampa is probably by the time you get to them might on a six game winning streak. So you know, there's no guarantee of going to Tampa, especially with Baker Mayfield, and they're they're kind of running the ball a little bit now and they're just good enough on defense, So it's kind of damned if you do.
Speaker 8: If you do, we know at some point they're gonna have to go on the road obsolutely. But yes, I'd rather take the home play at home first and then start moving up rounds.
Speaker 6: And the quack fact of the matter is, if you're the two seed, you're gonna get two home games, so you wouldn't have to go on the road until presumably you would have to match up with San Francisco on a championship game if you kept winning. So I look at that and I'm like for the for the possibility of being at home for as long as I can, Like, I'm taking well.
Speaker 7: If you look at it right now, the way it's stacked up, if you get to the two seed, you're gonna play the Seahawks. Seahawks are the seventh hole right now. Rams are in the six. That means they would have to go to Detroit at three. I guess Detroit would be the third probably team there. So you catch the sea Hawks again, that wouldn't maybe not be bad. I mean that was a tough game, though, Guy, that was a tough.
Speaker 2: Seattle and La.
Speaker 6: You've already beat both those teams. Now you beat both of them at home.
Speaker 8: Settle more than the ram not me.
Speaker 6: The Rams I think have gotten hotter as the season going on, and I think the Seahawks have kind of settled a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually I'm more afraid of the.
Speaker 8: Rams steel Something about the Seahawks. I just feel, yeah, I don't know, I just see more aggressive mess.
Speaker 7: There's something, there's something Matthew Stafford is playing like at an MVP level.
Speaker 5: They went I say this a lot.
Speaker 7: They went to Baltimore on a like a noon kickoff across the country and we're a kickoff a punt return away from taking a victory and we're all or Baltimore is like, oh, anybody be Baltimore. Well you know, no, no, the Rams almost did you know? The Rams are playing really really well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and don't forget you want to talk about running the ball. They have come to life. The Rams have come to life with Karen Williams running the ball. He is a he is a beast right now, I don't really want to see that running game right now until Dallas figures that part. Because by the way, that running game you also got to think about they got two receivers on the outside.
Speaker 2: They can get you too.
Speaker 6: I just think got offense has gotten a lot better than when when the Dallas then when the pay they've gotten a lot better.
Speaker 8: But something about it It's just one of those there's no reason for it, but just like a vibe about it that I'm just like, I don't know, I.
Speaker 7: Feel like Seattle falls apart at the end of games. I know they beat the Eagles, you know, came back from that. They're usually a fallow up the real quick. I want to show you that.
Speaker 2: I just pulled this up quickly. Karen Williams checked us.
Speaker 6: Out of the last six games he didn't play against the Cowboys. No, but last six games one hundred and four yards rushing, one hundred and fifty two yards rushing, one hundred and fourteen yards.
Speaker 2: Rushing, and eighty eight was his low one.
Speaker 6: Hundred and forty three yards rushing, one hundred and fifty eight yards rushing.
Speaker 2: Like this guy's putting every days.
Speaker 6: Like I'm just saying, like you, if you're worried about run game and stopping the run, you probably don't want to play the.
Speaker 5: Rams right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, Anthony C. Would you rather see Dallas win four straight Super Bowls but lose a year of your life or gain ten years of your life but never see them win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Getting really easy. I love the Cowboys.
Speaker 13: I love living though.
Speaker 6: But uh no, I got I got.
Speaker 5: Things I want to do. No, you'll have ten more years? Do I get to choose the year? In years? Do I get to choose the year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, it just could happen.
Speaker 7: Right, I'm gonna get four super Bowls and I can't choose the year.
Speaker 5: At the very end, I can't say, Okay, here's my super Bowl.
Speaker 8: Was one year of your life and enjoy four super Bowls or no super Bowls and you gain ten years.
Speaker 2: I love sports, but you've been to a super Bowl?
Speaker 5: I have, so you know, yeah I have. And you know it's funny.
Speaker 7: I thought, yeah, we went back the next year, but I went to Philadelphia. You just never know when you're gonna get to go back again. But it's only one year, right.
Speaker 6: No, man, I'm sorry, I wont my year. You can say I get ten more. I'm definitely taking the ten more years.
Speaker 2: Right, that's pretty old. I don't care.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 2: I want as many as I could possibly be.
Speaker 8: No, I totally agree. I can care less about our super Bowl if I get to live more.
Speaker 6: I mean that could be the difference between seeing a grand kid or seeing a grand kid go to Cot. Like there's all these Markes No, I'm yes right, I'm taking my ten years, me ten years.
Speaker 8: All right? Would you rather Dak win MVP or someone on defense win Defensive Player of the Year? And then he says that he understands both are long shots, but it's fun to think about. So for Defensive Player of the Year, he said, Mica or Bland or Dyk MVP.
Speaker 6: It's about Dak for me because Dak has taken so much heat for so many years, and I think he's been a really good quarterback for a lot of years, but he doesn't get that credit. This really is the first year, in my opinion, when he's gotten his due from from media types around the country, and so I would love for him to win an MVP.
Speaker 2: Most more importantly, i'd love.
Speaker 6: For him to win a championship, because I think that does quiet a lot of it. And that's the fair part about it. I saw the same thing with Peyton Manning and a lot of other quarterbacks. Until you get that that championship, or at least get deep into the playoffs, into the Super Bowl, you're just not going to get that same level of respect. And and I don't think that the Cowboys not reaching that level of success has been necessarily about Dak. Now. Dak has had some moments in playoff games where he hasn't been at his best either, But I do think buying large the success of the Cowboys over these last three years has really been about the fact they've had a premier quarterback and and so I would love to see him win a champion, win an MVP.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would absolutely too. I think it would mean a lot to him. But man, it's really it's about winning these games and stuff like that. So but the NBP would be really really nice.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Agree? Okay, the next one, last one, would you rather decrease the penalties committed by this team or I think you said it, Ron or decrease the penalties or no, increase the penalties to be called against Micah?
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 6: Oh, so basically, either decrease you're a whole, or see more penalties called against for for micaeh.
Speaker 8: For Micah's favor.
Speaker 5: You want to go with that one, go ahead?
Speaker 6: Uh, I think I would rather decrease my own penalties, because whether they get the calls on Micah or not, if you're getting the same level of penalties called against your team that you get typically, but you decrease the number that you're committing, that still works out in your favor. So I'll necessarily care so much about them calling micaeh. I just want a fair called. So if you're if you're not going to make those calls when they're wole to Micah, then don't make those calls when the Cowboys offensive line is holding whomever.
Speaker 2: Right, So to me, just make it fair.
Speaker 6: However you're gonna call it, call it consistently, and we'll deal with whatever they outcome it.
Speaker 7: Give me the team penalties, Yeah, that to me, I mean the pre snap stuff or that unfortunate hands the face, so that on third down, the unfortunate defensive holding, illegal contact.
Speaker 2: You know, all the money into the punter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's like the list and less.
Speaker 7: They're trying to get off the field and they get off the field and all of a sudden it's not there. Ye come back, it doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the thing is you got it happens all over like on both sides of the ball, not just defense. It happens on offense sometimes some special teams as well. So yeah, I would definitely go with with as a whole decrease all the penalties and that's it.
Speaker 6: All right, good game. We will take our final break. We will come back. Got some more questions for these guys about the NFC. How does Dallas get to the the two C. We'll talk about that when we come back. This is Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 5: Red you.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 3: Don't put off getting your oil change. Dallas take five oil change, A proud partner of the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Is faster than you think.
Speaker 3: There's no appointment needed and no waiting room. Yep, you hurt that correctly. Take five is so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take five's fast, friendly and simple service at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 14: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors, combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cays. Visit United aggonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: Back to the Break.
Speaker 5: You're right all right, here we go. The pro shops.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get the coverage you need this football season with Dallas Cowboys Cole Weather Gear. Visit the nearest pro shop or log onto shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com a fanatics experience and score nitcaps, hoodies and jackets and more.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 6: It is the final segment of the Break. We alive from the s WBC Morris Studios at the Star. We're getting ready for Cowboys versus Lions Tomorrow night is a Saturday night game for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: So here's we're gonna do. Let's talk first about the NFC.
Speaker 6: As I understand it right now, there are two scenarios that can help the Cowboys get into a two main scenarios that can help the Cowboys get.
Speaker 2: Into the number two seed.
Speaker 6: Right now, They're sitting at the number five seed, but the number two seed obviously would give them home field for at least the first two rounds assuming they win. That being said, they will need Philadelphia to lose one of their final two games, either lose to Arizona or lose at the New York Giants, and at the same time, the Cowboys need to win both of their final two games in order.
Speaker 2: To make that happen.
Speaker 6: My question for you guys is how likely do you think those scenarios scenarios are at the Dallas Cowboys will end up in the second seed.
Speaker 7: Well, it's I think we're at twenty percent. I think it's gone, you know. I mean, if you look at the metrics and stuff like that, you know it's pretty focused that you're locked.
Speaker 5: Into the five. But you know, we'll see.
Speaker 7: But I know Kyler Murray this week, it's sounds. I mean, he's been dealing with sickness.
Speaker 5: Illness.
Speaker 7: I mean, we need to have the Michael Jordan flu game is what we need him to do. If you know that they're going to win Philadelphia, I mean, they righted the ship a little bit, but Ben, that was a little shaky for them.
Speaker 2: At the end, they could have lost a game.
Speaker 7: I kind of feel like that. I'm hopeful that the Giants find a way to win this weekend and they still have something to try and just keep playing. Just just have some pride.
Speaker 5: You know, don't you know?
Speaker 7: They're they they they've taken the Vido out of the lineup and now they're trying I mean they you know, it's it's they're trying to win games. I just you know, and you never know what the Eagles, what's gonna happen with them? You know, you just really don't know, so uh likely not, but you just don't know. That's the that's why, that's why you have to keep playing. That's why you have to you know, until you figure out, until you figure out what your situation is. And you're probably not going to know until it's you know, until both games are going on. You know that now the Eagles are winning, and then you can start sitting guys, but you got to play to win these next two, you really do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, It's like we always find ourselves in a situation where it's not up it's not just up to you, It depends on what somebody else is doing too. So we're sitting here we are again. Even though, and I'll go ahead and say it, I think I'm gonna pay I'm gonna pick something. I'm gonna pick the Cowboys to win this weekend, but part of me thinks that there's a very good chance that they might not. This is a very difficult it's a very difficult game. And even though it's hard to imagine them going on a three game losing streak and then losing at home, it's it's still a very tough match up here.
Speaker 7: And it's been hard the last three weeks to pick games. Yeah, it really has. And you know, and I had confidence, like, yeah, they're gonna turn things around in Buffalo, they're gonna figure and then they get run all over here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, and then you have Washington next week, which Washington I think they can they can definitely win that game. But you can never under underestimate the Washington football team because they will sometimes just give you problems regardless of their Yeah, regardless of their current situation, whether they're in or out, nothing matters. They're still gonna go out there and put up a game and fight and give it. They're all usually, and so you can never just fully rely on that just checking it as an automatic win for the Cowboys. So it's it's a tough one, but it's still possible. Anything is possible, So faith is the last thing you lose.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the interesting part is if they leave Cowboys lose this weekend, they really have nothing to play for next week.
Speaker 2: They assuming assume Philly wins.
Speaker 6: If Philly wins, Dallas lose this weekend, they will lock up the NFC East and at that point Dallas is already locked into the five seed. So at that point, there really isn't anything to play for in that final week, and most likely you sit a lot of guys and start getting ready for the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So we'll see how it all plays out.
Speaker 5: We had it.
Speaker 7: We had a discussion last night Bobby and I did on Love and the Star podcast about would you consider playing Trey Lance in the third game, in the last game, Yeah, if it didn't matter, if it didn't matter, would you just go ahead and just you know, give Trey Lance a little work, you know, and just you know, make uh, make Dak the third quarterback, and you know, if you want to play, say you want to play Cooper rush half to keep him fresh and then and then the second half go with you know.
Speaker 2: Like a preseason game exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just to just to kind of see where he's at and give a little little live look going into the season.
Speaker 5: Maybe a little bit confidence.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 6: It all depends on what happens this weekend, if they win and they're playing that final week, to play out that final week to see how Now we also don't know, and this is something that just for fans to be aware. We still don't know what day and time the Cowboys will be playing in the final week. The NFL does not release the schedule of who plays on Saturday or Sunday that final week and what times they play, So we'll find that out I assume probably either Sunday night or Monday morning, uh, and then we'll know like where our game is relative to where Philadelphia's game is. My suspicion is if they're still playing for the division, they'll they'll play at the exact same time, so there won't be any indication before your game begins as to whether you really need to play it or not.
Speaker 7: Right, that's that's what If you win, you will, you will play when you're supposed to play.
Speaker 6: My guess is they'll both be afternoon games, is what I'm going to guess. But we'll see, we'll see how that it all plays out.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's get down to real quick.
Speaker 6: Also, I wanted to give you guys an opportunity to give me your seedings.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 6: You've got San Francisco, Detroit, Philly, Tampa Bay, Dallas, the Rams and Seattle in the playoffs. The teams that are still fighting to get in or Minnesota, Atlanta, Green Bay and New Orleans. Tampa Bay and New Orleans I think play this weekend. Yeah, that will go a long way toward who wins that division.
Speaker 2: I would assume.
Speaker 6: Do you guys think that the Rams and Seattle end up being the final sixth and seventh seeds they have left?
Speaker 5: It's next to you right there under schedule, so just right thir to your next here we go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Green Bay will be playing at Minnesota and then against Chicago.
Speaker 7: Okay, so they got two division games left. So if they find a way to win, that would make them. Their record right now.
Speaker 5: Is are they six and.
Speaker 6: They're seven and eight, seven and eight, seven and eight. They could get to they could get as high as nine and eight. Man I wonder if green Bay would be the final team. But but Seattle's got who Seattle got left? By the way, I'm sure Seattle, and I'm looking for it. Seat Sattle has Pittsburgh game, I would it depends on who shows up right and then at Arizona, which by then in Arizona may be just like ready for vacacs.
Speaker 7: They're probably gonna get two wins there. I would say, I know it's a tough game in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say it's Seattle to be The seven Rams are the sixth.
Speaker 2: Here's the interesting part.
Speaker 6: The Rams at eight and seven at the end of the season, laan San Francisco San Francisco. Now the interesting part also is has San Francisco gotten to a point where they've wrapped up everything they can wrap up?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't I think they can.
Speaker 6: If if this weekend Dallas wins and Philly loses, maybe yeah, because right now Philly and San Francisco are tied, san Francisco has the tie breakover.
Speaker 2: Uh so yeah, they.
Speaker 6: Would need they would need Philly to lose in order for that game not to matter to San Francisco.
Speaker 5: There you go, So Yeah.
Speaker 6: If Philly wins as we all expect they will this weekend, then San Francisco will still be playing that final week and that makes it to where the Rams are then in a really tough situation of having to maybe play to get into the playoffs. There to get a win against the San Francisco forty nine ers on the road.
Speaker 8: I think the forty nine ers win that game against Sarah Rams. Yeah, that'll be a good game.
Speaker 2: That will be a good game.
Speaker 6: That might be the game they put in the night slot, yeah next week because it'll have so many imitations. Yeah, all right, let's let's move on to our final I want to pick multiple games this week, like we did last week. There are a number of games that will affect the Cowboys. So I want to go through these games and make our picks, and then we'll get to the Cowboys versus Lions game and pick that one. So let's start first with Arizona, who's three and twelve at Philadelphia, who's eleven and four.
Speaker 2: Where do you go?
Speaker 5: Philadelphia wins that game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Phi, Philadelphia. All right, let's go to New Orleans. Tampa Bay. New Orleans is seven and eight. They're going to Tampa Bay, who's eight and seven. As you said, Brian, Tampa Bay has been pretty hot here lately. Where do you think that ends up Tampa?
Speaker 8: I think it carries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they get their.
Speaker 7: Thank yeah game. They eliminate the Saints this week, yeat, and at that.
Speaker 2: Point do they clinch?
Speaker 4: Can they clinch at that point? I wonder?
Speaker 5: I believe.
Speaker 7: I don't know whether Atlanta's situation, but I think that I think they're I think they're well on their way.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, Atlanta is seven and eight, so they're one game behind Tampa Is.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if they clinched then, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: It probably depends on what happens with Atlanta this weekend, right as well? All right, let's talk about San Francisco at Washington.
Speaker 5: There's no way Washington, not.
Speaker 7: Even just like David, no, no, no, San Francisco wins the game, but then but then Washington plays their ass off the next week.
Speaker 5: Yes you yeah, right, that's that's whew.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be giving up yet like that?
Speaker 6: They I mean they yeah, they're they're in the off season already because they.
Speaker 5: They're making making plans to quit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the coaches is probably won't be there next year. That's what most people are thinking. So when you get no situations, I don't know if the team is as motivated.
Speaker 2: Maybe no.
Speaker 7: You got one foot in the parking lot and the U hauls kind of packed, and you get it ready this week because you know the next week, well, like we've got to have a good showing. Yeah, you know, to leave that leave you know, well, e will the good taste in her mouth and we'll find a way to be Dallas, you know, eighteen to seventeen.
Speaker 5: Some stupid thing like that. You know, it's yeah.
Speaker 7: They won't play, they won't play with the damn this weekend, but they will the next weekend.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: And then you've got Pittsburgh. While you ask that question, Pittsburgh got Seattle. Both teams are eight and seven. Pittsburgh coming off a really nice win last week.
Speaker 5: Is that game in Seattle?
Speaker 2: It's in Seattle.
Speaker 5: Give me Seattle, Yeah, Seattle.
Speaker 8: It's something I'm telling you. I don't know what it is, but something about Seattle that I just keep getting drawn to them and keeping them as a like someone to keep an eye on you. I think Seattle wins that game.
Speaker 2: You know, have you heard if Gino's healthy.
Speaker 5: He's I don't think he's completely healthy, but healthy enough to try and win a game against Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that team set Seattle has gotten it. There was a time earlier this year where I was really like, they're they're good.
Speaker 2: Now I'm kind of like.
Speaker 5: Eh, I think I can see him live.
Speaker 7: You kind of have an idea that like, the problem is the wide receivers are a pain in the rear to deal with, and then that runner could be a pain in the real deal with too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, but yea, both of them. Actually they got two good ones. All Right, it is time we're gonna make our picks. Cowboys versus Lions'll be all right, you got like literally as long as it's gonna take Brian to make his pick.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about Detroit at Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, I like Dallas at home. We you know that.
Speaker 7: I think they finish out the year eight No, uh, with their with their their team. Uh give me Dallas thirty the Lions twenty four.
Speaker 5: In this football game.
Speaker 7: I thought about going really high in this game because I think you're absolutely right with both teams going back and forth. But I'll take thirty twenty four Cowboys in this one.
Speaker 6: All right, Diego, it's your turn. You want to make a pick? Hey, hey, buddy, you ready to make your pick today? Who's gonna Who's gonna win this game?
Speaker 3: Boys?
Speaker 2: Who can? Saying louder Cowboys?
Speaker 8: Cowboys?
Speaker 5: Cowboys? Alright? Thirty five tay thirty two.
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 2: All right, we got your pick, Diego, good job there we go.
Speaker 6: All right, so Diego says Cowboys, thirty five thirty two. I am also gonna go Cowboys. I think it's gonna be a high score game. Quite frankly, I think they're gonna hit into the forties. I'm getting it forty one thirty eight in a barn burner. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Huh Okay, there's a lot of scoring is gonna happen this weekend. I think ultimately is gonna be about just like the Seattle game. Yeah, what defense can make the stop at the right moment in the three four down. Yeah, But it's going to be one of those kind of games I think where these offense are really going to have a good day. All right, appreciate you guys joining us. We have we wish every one of you guys listening to us, a very very happy and.
Speaker 2: Safe new Year.
Speaker 6: We'll see you back again on Tuesday. We won't be on Monday, but we'll see you on Tuesday. We'll tell you what when right and wrong for the Cowboys. Will start getting you ready for Washington. It really start getting ready for the playoffs because it's that time of year. We'll probably talk about a Texas win, but we'll see how that goes until day. Brian brought us and re Garcia and Diego. We appreciate you, guys, Jonnas. We'll be back on Tuesy.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.