Speaker 1: On today's Command Center podcast, we talk about blue moons and we reveal that Fred doesn't know what a blue moon is. All right, we're gonna break down the Cardinals new head coach, new defensive coordinator, all those position moves. Are gonna talk about that. Who are the dogs on our team? Fred?
Speaker 2: Oh, we got a couple of dolls, a couple of dogs.
Speaker 1: Right, And who's gonna fight for every end try any given Sunday style. Let's check that out. And then you guys were talking about something I didn't really get it, but pigeonfoot or slew foot.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, pigeon toad.
Speaker 1: And then who's the better athlete? And guys, make sure you stick around to the end of this podcast, we have an extremely special interview a very special guest, Magic Johnson joins the podcast. Make sure you check it out. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Santanamos and Fred Smoot and Fred, you just continue to be a liar.
Speaker 3: I guess no, No, I am a person. I'm a truth deliverer, nor turn it.
Speaker 2: Into a lot, but you always twist what I said.
Speaker 3: Everybody in the world, everybody in the world last week, went outside at night to see the blue moon.
Speaker 2: Logan told me it didn't exist. You found out it did exist.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's what I said. What I did. So what is your definition of blue mood? Please?
Speaker 2: A blue moon is?
Speaker 3: First of all, it only happens every blue moon. That's where the sand comes from. That means it only happens like every hundred or so years. Where is a blue moon?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is?
Speaker 3: Guess what you had your last chance to see a blue moon last week?
Speaker 2: Like that was your last chance in your life?
Speaker 1: Tied?
Speaker 2: Like we know that for a what's going on? Okay? All right?
Speaker 1: So I did a little research on this front. Okay, just a little bit. I just I just I went to the NASA website and I said, what is a blue mood on Google? So that's that's the extent of my reason.
Speaker 2: Tell lies to Google.
Speaker 1: NASA usually does not. There are science, there's science based, right, they do research. So that's saying once in a blue moon actually first to three lunar cycles, so three every third blue moon, every third moon full moon is a blue moon? All right? Okay, there is a an annual blue moon because of some type of weird lunor cycle. It doesn't match up with today's. But your definition, what did I say, Kylesy, I have you didn't even say you just said it's blue. You said the moon is gonna has nothing to do it has nothing to do with color.
Speaker 2: And now, thank you, thank you? What I said? What did I say that, Colsy? He said, you said nothing, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I didn't say, I'm so confused that's going on.
Speaker 3: I just told Tanna that it was happening, and Tanna went out there and saw them blue moo.
Speaker 1: What tantna was it? It was a big moon, but was it a blue moon?
Speaker 4: So personally, like with your own lands, like you couldn't see the blue of the moon.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct, But.
Speaker 5: When folks send pictures on Instagram. Because I was looking at that and.
Speaker 2: I was like, I looked at me like that was the bluest moon.
Speaker 5: This thing blue. I'm looking to see something blue.
Speaker 2: It was baby blue.
Speaker 5: I was looking for it.
Speaker 4: God for a tar hill move it was man, it was not. It was so whoever, whoever that source is that showed me that that was that I follow on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I wonder used to filter?
Speaker 4: They had to use some type of microscope or I don't know what telescope I mean, they saw I damn this saw men walking on Okay, okay, I'm like the moon didn't look like to the fact that Logan's windows are dirty, so the moon was probably blue.
Speaker 2: And he got like a rich sitting right there the damn window. So it's him.
Speaker 1: First off, can you at least sicknowledge that your definition of a blue monk?
Speaker 3: I had no definition. I asked you, what was my definition? You said you didn't have one.
Speaker 2: So how is it that you can't do both of them?
Speaker 1: I said, once every hundred years, and we find out that it's once every three months. Okay, all right, all right, and.
Speaker 2: Blue a great move once every hundred all right.
Speaker 1: So on this show, where now that we've established that Fred is not tell the truth all the time, that is a preacher. All right, let's preview the Cardinals. Okay, they've got a lot of stuff going on with the Cardinals, and their motivations seem all over the place. Let's start with the simplest thing. They've got a new head coach. His name's Rich Gannett Jonathan Gannon excuse me, he's from Philadelphia against Rich Yeah, that was the quarterback. Yeah, I'm having a hard time with that.
Speaker 6: So what I mean.
Speaker 1: Obviously he's been on Instagram, people have been making fun of him. But what what is the expectation for Jonathan Gannon coming to this team. He's a defensive coordinator from Philadelphia last year, so kind of like EB, he's been to the show. He knows how it'll win a big game.
Speaker 3: What's the expectation for Similar to a ship captain. Okay, he's finna go down. You know, the ship captain got to make sure the women and the key on the boat. Ye, the women, keys and logan, we're going down with your help. Sometime to rise to heights, you need to burn the ship down.
Speaker 2: And that's what they're doing right now. But they know they got the brain trust they trusted, they got a brain trust.
Speaker 3: But I think he wants his own If you want him to cook the meal, I think he wants to go get his own groceries. And I think that's what simple The situation ain't in right now. They're in the Kaylor Williams sweepstake. Most definitely, he looked good this weekend too, very Patrick mahomis why he was doing his work so yes, I understand, Yeah, I understand what what situation.
Speaker 2: He is a football player, and as somebody that had coaches.
Speaker 4: I think he might be in that situation from an organization, you know, their organization standpoint, But.
Speaker 5: Coaches want to win.
Speaker 4: Man hundred going to come in this game and say, we don't have nobody.
Speaker 5: It's fifty three minutes.
Speaker 4: Mccut come on now, you know, and I love coach, come on now, you know what I mean. So I look at it like this defensive mind minded the coach know us. Well, yeah, he does also twice last year. I'm not sure how many other times before that, but he's going to have their defense ready because he gonna feel like, hey, this is how we should play against them.
Speaker 5: But we have a new oc yep.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so we it's two teams coming into a game not knowing what to expect.
Speaker 1: Well, shoot, he played this game. He played this exact game from a schematic standpoint. Yeah, I mean in the Super Bowl, right, So did he be right? It's the same defense. Yeah, it's a it's a similar offensive coordinator, right, it's it's the system. Right. So they've played each other very very recently in terms of defensive philosophy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely right.
Speaker 1: In terms of watching the preseason, I feel like they're a little bit more aggressive. They're trying to be a little bit more aggressive, maybe because they don't have the Darius Slaves, they don't have that, you know, the Bradbury stuff in the back end. I think a little bit more aggressive coverag structure. But again, it's it's not like our defense where we're getting all this man match. It's it's like it's a softer zone with a match principles, but really straightforward. But I do think they did. They're familiar with each other. Something else I wanted to bring up is Drew Petsing is the offensive coordinator. Now that name probably doesn't mean anything to you, but he was the quarterback coach in Cleveland, right, and Cleveland's offense always seems to give this defense a very hard.
Speaker 2: Time because they run the ball.
Speaker 1: They run in the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dobs, I mean they know that, Hey, we can put put him in his offense and he should be able to run his offense well.
Speaker 1: Run the offense. So that's a that's a great point. That's exactly right because one of the things, one of the big features of that offense is that they have. They run a lot of pinpoll, but you need to run pin poll looks into the correct look. Right. They can't run it into every front, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't running into a run front.
Speaker 3: Yea, if we run blitzing, well, if they want to call it runson, but to run front, if we get in the linebackers down heel, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Peanut pool ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: And so we're talking more about the spacing, like if we got a three technique line up over the guard, or line up over the center, or line up over the tackle right, that's good spacing for a pinpole. But let's say we got into an odd structure where you got a four shade and a four right. That doesn't work so well. So the quarterback Tanna, to your point, is responsible for all these run can run to a run saying oh we like, you know forty nine bounce here where we're bouncing the ball outside. But we get different front quarterback identifies that can can makes it really really hard I think to kind of get the right defensive look called. I don't know, maybe you feel differently about that.
Speaker 3: No, No, I feel like it is going to be a chess match of the brain trust of the coaching staffs.
Speaker 2: But I think talent.
Speaker 3: Wise, it's a gap, right, It's a gap on purpose, you know, the saying it's a gap that the front office of the Cardinals are aware of. They've had a wholesale of players that they're moving out because they understand where they're at right now. And I think that puts us in a different mind frame. I think we come in here and say, let's get on them quick. Let's not let them give them a chance to breathe, Let's let them know that they're not in this game from the door.
Speaker 2: So this chess match is over with.
Speaker 5: It favors us.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, being that we are a young team, you know, unproven, you know, the winning stand from the offensive standpoint quarterback and some of the skills skill, we can't come in with that kind of mindset. Our mindset could be like, yeah, let's jump on them, but you have to give every team respect until you get out there on the field and when you start letting loose your package and see that oh we can do you know at will, and now you say okay, Now I could come with that swagger and that confidence.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just being real.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying we are going to go in with the mindset to play to win the game. But I can't go up there and look look at them and say they hostal everybody so they know.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this show quick before you go, because I know what you're gonna say to Tannis Point. They have Marquis Brown, former's first round pick. They have Zach ertzt there right, good football player. Michael Wilson is a third round pick. He's looked like a guy. You know what I'm saying. They have a you know what I said, rondl Mood, I say, already yep. So they have talented and this offense is very similar to Kyle Shanahan's. Like what do you watch Cleveland's offense. It's a run first team, right that finds play action shots with fast exposed to playman. Yes. So it's one of those teams where it's like they have a very complicated run scheme that's hard to fit and we we seed in the preseason, Like just go back to when they played Cleveland run and there's explosive runs, right, Rondel Moore or without his name, what's the guy Elijah Morton? Right, big play in the in the Cleveland game, right off of a pinpole run. We're gonna see that run and then we're gonna see play action shots off of it. Can we be disciplined with our eyes? Can we be disciplined with our unfits? Because I do think that this scheme, for whatever reason, gives us problem, gives us problem.
Speaker 3: A coach del Rio knows, but I'm sorry, fellers, I refuse to let y'all do this.
Speaker 2: One at the day. Joshua Dobbs been there two weeks, but he knows the system.
Speaker 1: Though he been there two weeks, he came, didn't He played like Tennessee last year and almost won a playoff game for him.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, we're not doing it.
Speaker 2: It's y'all know, we know it's players. How hard it is just to win one game?
Speaker 1: NFA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this with your front office is giving you all the things you need. This front office said you can't have this. This by the way, give me that cop cord. You can't have nothing. But he won nothing. I'm think, yeah, it's gonna be a game.
Speaker 5: I say, you got a point, but I'm not finished.
Speaker 4: Set myself up what you I know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying if it was me my defense.
Speaker 3: That when grand will you touch yourself up and there and no, no, no, We're looking at this like, let's go and get these dudes, let's get some stats because they team, they own front office don't believe in them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I agree. I'm just gonna go back schematically. This is a this is a game that you put it in four wheel drive, the ball time and all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: By they say computers don't got personally.
Speaker 1: Think about Tennessee, think about human computers. Think about Tennessee, think about Cleveland last you're thinking about Atlanta last year. These teams that are running, they make it hard, they make it hard.
Speaker 3: But on the outside, is it a receiver out there that says, you know what, we can't play these guys man the man, they don't have their threat.
Speaker 4: But then you also think about too that you know Joshua Dobbs there too. For another reason, we saw how our defense looked against Cleveland in the preseason game. The same stuff that we was dealing with last year is something that has kind of showed us in the preseason that hey, we have a problem with running quarterbacks. So when things break down, whether it's perfect or not over there, or whether he's been over there long enough to get there, you know.
Speaker 5: To know what who the trust or not. He said, I'm gone get out of them, I'm out of here.
Speaker 4: So that's why I say, you can't set yourself up for the banana tailpipe or the Hawaiian punch. Man say hey, you want to Hey, you want some Hawaiian punch. You're gonna say, sure, yeah, I ain't going for you.
Speaker 2: Set me up the damn But it's just like no, It's just like no, no. Imagine this, we in.
Speaker 3: Week one and we're playing now, I'm just gonna throw a team out that Cleveland. Cleveland then had these guys all up. They got a Greedy Wings They say he the best v they got. They cut Greedy two weeks a week before the game, and they bring in less than just off the street.
Speaker 2: And you ain't got Santana one on one, Santanna go over for two fifty. LISTA got no reason to be out here with sant Tana.
Speaker 3: Malls, Joshua Dops it's bigger than Lester eleven.
Speaker 2: If if you got two guys, give him my office alignment a problem. Lester might have a fit.
Speaker 4: He might be He might say, I ain't getting nothing owre here because we can't know.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying from a big stove baby.
Speaker 1: But I agree with you. I agree with both of you.
Speaker 2: He's on the point.
Speaker 1: I feel you.
Speaker 2: I think we're both were both to be the picture.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying it's it's one of those games. Offensively, we got we're starting a second year quarterback, right, it's the game because of the structure. I don't care if it's a full fire show over there. Their offensive line is not bad, right, they got DJ Hump Freezer is an okay player to.
Speaker 2: You don't go to restaurant.
Speaker 1: There's not a restaurants said okay, all that restaurant's okay.
Speaker 5: We can you know, you know, missed a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Yeah you heard a good name, and then the restaurant food up well.
Speaker 2: You know, well kitchen is one of them.
Speaker 1: Will Hernanda's former first round pick, right obviously playing better in Carolina than he was in Chicago. And then Paris Johnson, the rookie out of Ohio State. So they do have some talented pieces on the offensive line again, schematically doesn't elevate that. Yeah, but but for fans at home, all we're saying is like, yes, national media fire sale, everything's terrible, But this is an NFL roster with NFL football players NFL coaches, and the coaches don't always get the memo. Man, it's not always like, oh, yeah, we're taking for Caleb Williams. Everything's cope aesetic right, No, they don't get that memo, like how many times, Like I remember twenty eleven, we were a bad football team that the year everyone was hurt, and we go out and beat like two playoff teams just because everyone was sleeping on us, and we won those games. So we're saying here.
Speaker 5: They got a young quarterbacky.
Speaker 3: First of all, get out them a watch with no battery any right, two times a day?
Speaker 1: But those two times are still right.
Speaker 3: No them two times because I have to run over bad stuff to get the graces.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you gotta call a spade a space.
Speaker 3: All right, Listen, if we go out there defensively and don't dominate this team, and I gonna be like, someth ain't right, like this win, y'all gonna be like you know what we were supposed because out of anybody on our schedule this year, anybody we're gonna if I can say you can only pick one domination for five thousand dollars, what team would it be?
Speaker 2: Cottoners? Cottoners.
Speaker 1: Listen right there, that'll be the time that's you ain't lying, You ain't lying, all right, So let's we talked a little bit about the offense. Let's talk about their defense, which I actually think is like a little bit worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen what I'm saying. Who is the kid?
Speaker 1: Listen to me?
Speaker 2: It's down he.
Speaker 3: Boden Baker tried to get training. He told him, if y'all gonna do this, I want to be training. They were like, nah, Bud, we don't keep you.
Speaker 5: They don't even know who they.
Speaker 1: Have that, So let's talk about let's talk about the back end. Buddha Baker obviously was port bow player. Last year, they got Katrell Clark, who is a rookie but has shown good things. And anytime you're starting to rookie quarterback, it's always like right, especially when you got Terry McLaurin, de Han Dotson, Curtis Samuel Right and then Marco Wilson. He's a good football player. Now, Marco Wilson, Marco, he's a good music, good player. Let's I mean, obviously, two guys in the back end does not a good secondary make, but there's that the front is a little hit or miss in my opinion as well. They do. They did move zaveon Call is their former first round off ball linebacker, two edge rusher, and he's flashed a little bit there. He's got a little bit just like kind of I don't say Michael Parsons because everyone's gonna go crazy with that comparison, but.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying. He's better rushing in space.
Speaker 1: And then outside of that, just in terms of names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's a used car lot and it's usually two good guys and a used collode.
Speaker 2: And they got a Buddha Baker two thousand and three, and they got.
Speaker 3: They got they got a Xaving College Camino in this situation, man, guys, and we're go ever because y'all saying something earlier standard, Yeah, we're gonna set the standard.
Speaker 2: This is a game bit the standard gotta be set.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 4: And then you can't say the standard because of the weak and say this is what we need to do.
Speaker 5: You need to set the standing up no matter who you who are you playing.
Speaker 1: But okay, I'll say this. I think I think offensively, I think defensively, this should be a game we could win. A potential hurdle is the is the scheme right? Offensively? Though, this is the first game against a real, live NFL defense, Sam's gonna play. It's the first game that Ebe's gonna call games. I think he's gonna be fine. But those are big hurdles. And it's the first time that our offensive line is gonna be going against another team's starting defensive line.
Speaker 2: I think they'll be okay.
Speaker 1: I think they'll be okay. But I'm just saying those are some things that I kind of go like, let's say Zavid Collins comes out and is Michael Parsons and we can't pass protect and our offense struggles, and you know what I'm saying, Like, there are things here that could happen. Do we think they're going to happen?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, but no they don't.
Speaker 1: There are things that could happen.
Speaker 2: All right, your hair could grow bag, it could, it could.
Speaker 1: But got my fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: But it's not the Chick fil a cat has licked your head. No, hair's coming back on your head.
Speaker 3: Like we know these things like the world is full of possibility every.
Speaker 2: Time we wake up any given moment, possibilities. Look us in the face.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm telling you now with ninety thousand feel in this new this new wave, this new feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do nothing list in greatness.
Speaker 1: That's something we did to talk about is yeah, be at home. That's a tough road trip for Arizona.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's gonna play in a fake I just I don't like to look over.
Speaker 6: People you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: And this is a team that is the the dB Mona, lock you up.
Speaker 2: I don't hurry for you talk right then, and then I'll be like the brands that.
Speaker 1: Back, get back.
Speaker 2: You wanna be all right for he gave me a double go. Yeah, you don't know until you're in the game.
Speaker 1: That's true, man. Okay. So we have a new show with coach Ron Rivera called The Game Plan, right, okay, So and it's on what whatday is that showing that Sunday mornings? Right, So guys, make sure you check that out, all right, But in honor of that show, the Game plan show. Right, we are going to kind of do our own game plan segment, and we're going to talk about kind of like we do, we're gonna give people opportunities. So let's start with our first one time to shine. One player on the team. It's their time to shine.
Speaker 5: My Test.
Speaker 1: Right out the.
Speaker 2: Contract. Love.
Speaker 4: We said the same thing about Pain last year is it's time to shine. My Test has been a guy that he's been consistent.
Speaker 5: Every year.
Speaker 4: You watch this guy, he put up around the same amount of sacks. I think the one thing that that that plays a little role in him having more is missing a few games here and there.
Speaker 5: He did that last year.
Speaker 4: I think he had had a way better seasons than what he had and he still played phenomenal. Or last year I saw him a lot getting close to the quarterback and the ball was just getting out and you know that hurt him a lot. But man, it's time to shine. It's time to show everybody else that man. You talk about Pain, you talk about Allen, you talk about you know, you know, the chase, and he hasn't even been here that much. Come on, put put some respect on my name.
Speaker 5: Time to shine.
Speaker 1: I totally I love that pick. He's going against Parashawanns and the rookie Paras Shawns doesn't at least a college didn't handle power rushers that well. Monteza is one of the best. Also, you're going against the backup quarterback. Right is gonna hold the ball for you a little bit, Josh, I think I love that one.
Speaker 6: What we got?
Speaker 2: You know what, cam driver follow that camp? You know what that said?
Speaker 1: Dogs?
Speaker 2: He went sweat. I'm going to It's your time to shine.
Speaker 3: It's your time to show them that everything I said before we even drafted you was true. It's your time to shine because everybody say you one hundred and three pounds it can't play in the NFL. It's your time to prove them wrong. It's your time to show them while you out in the n C double a all time interception touchdown leader. It's your time to shine because they say we overdrafted you. At the end of the day, he got a chip on his shoulder the size of a boat.
Speaker 2: He should be working at Freedoli.
Speaker 1: Oh the chips. God, damn, I missed it. I missed it.
Speaker 2: You always do.
Speaker 1: I missed it right over my head. For a minute, I was like boulders and chips. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Thank go to UCLA.
Speaker 1: So for me, I think I'm gonna go Brian Robinson here and I And the reason I say that is because we talked about this a little bit earlier in the week. Like, I think he is poised toys for something special. I think he's a good runner catching the football as a past protector. And I think again, I just feel like people aren't talking about.
Speaker 3: Him heys the like I think they don't think of him like that because he hadn't shown the ability to be a home run hitter.
Speaker 1: In the run game.
Speaker 3: Can he run away from people like we know he can break people down.
Speaker 2: In ten yards twelve yards of pop.
Speaker 3: Can he break the forty yard of the fifty yarder and not get ran down?
Speaker 1: It's a question. Yeah, that's a really good question. But I just think he's the way he caught the football, his vision, his contact balance, Like, I think he could be really special this year.
Speaker 5: It's off the home run ability.
Speaker 4: I just feel like last year we didn't get a chance to see it because of some of the things he went went throw it. Ye, so you saw him getting healthier, and as he got healthy, you saw him breaking more runs. And right now, the way I saw him in preseason, he looks lean, leaner than he did last year, looks more explosive, and man, he's a man child.
Speaker 5: So I'm proud. I'm sure we're going to see a lot of that this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited for it. Man, And especially if in the Sam's first game, let's run the ball a little bit like you know, run the ball, check the ball down to the back. He seems like he's gonna be the beneficiary of a lot of that. All right, So now I need a doe.
Speaker 5: I need I need a dow.
Speaker 1: So who is that? I know he did dogs last segment with all the bulldogs. So when you need a dog something that's just gritty tough, got to find a way to get it done.
Speaker 6: Who is it?
Speaker 5: Jonathanllen?
Speaker 1: John Dog?
Speaker 5: You are you?
Speaker 2: Beer?
Speaker 5: Am one of those guys.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: You walk by him and at times he might you know, you see him in the building and you know we're doing what we're doing, those guys getting ready for practice and getting ready for the games. And if he if you just take a glimpse at him and he don't really recognize who is here looking at you like you're looking through you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he realized that give you that like he acknowledges that.
Speaker 4: But it's mine is always you can tell he's thinking about something about military. So that's just how he man. Brother, he's on the field, playing on the sideline root. When you're on you just get it from him. You get that effect from this guy. And he's been like that from day one. And when something need to be said, who's gonna say it? He's like that London flush at the team.
Speaker 6: He's that dog.
Speaker 5: He's the guy that's gonna hit his helmet.
Speaker 4: And hit you in the helmet if you If you don't, you don't mind your business.
Speaker 5: So yeah, he's the guy.
Speaker 3: When you need a dog, you go to two places where you eat a dog pound and get one for free, like you do.
Speaker 1: That's what I do.
Speaker 2: I can go to a breathing breathe dogs. Guess what I breathed dogs dogs and Ridgeways dogs.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 3: If you were going into a wrestling match and they say draft one person off the team who you drafted, I'm taking Ridgeway with me. I'm taking listen for Darren mathis out. I want to talk about that it's just more plays for Ridgeway. He don't get the love, none of the love out of the Jackson Fire because he t THO. But at the end of the day, Ridgeway is that boy. Bridgeway is that dog when you need him, because you don't call him until you need him, until you need to. Y'all just say it something. They going to run the ball will when they run the ball. I got a Ridgeway, I like they said on Marvel, like we got Army, I got I got a Ridgeway.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, I'm going with Ridgeway.
Speaker 1: I love that. For me. It's I think it's gonna be Johanna. I think with Terry Questionable, Like we don't know we're recording this podcast on Tuesday, so we don't know exactly what's going on. But I think Johan is going to be that guy in this offense the whole year. Like just the way he's able to separate, get open, making tested catches. I think he's going to be a huge feature of this offense. And like he has just stepped up and been that guy, you know, And so I think it's, uh, that's something that I'm I'm excited for. And then another one I got to give a shout out to is our guy Nick Gates.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, he's a listen, he's a dog.
Speaker 3: I love any offense of linement that shows the nabel shows their navel. If Office Last shows his navel, that mean he don't give a damn. He out there to play football and look good.
Speaker 1: We should do it. We should do a study about naval showing and then how tough they are. I feel like it's a pretty good correlation.
Speaker 3: Restless, you got to be a real show everywhere your nigh.
Speaker 2: Then where you steve food at when you was in the bottom.
Speaker 1: I mean, Fred, you are giving great insight. Hand has quarterbacks buried quarterbacks navels for offensive.
Speaker 2: A small things.
Speaker 3: When I'm doing my when I'm doing my I'm looking for these key points.
Speaker 2: And when I seen Nick.
Speaker 3: Gates with their throwing like hair hanging out his helmet and a belly button, Lord have mercy, that's intimidating you.
Speaker 1: All right, So all right, we got our dogs taking care of all right. Now, who's gotta stay hot in this season? Stay hot?
Speaker 5: You talked about him just not being a dog. I'm gonna say, Johan Johan.
Speaker 1: You could fit any one of these cagories.
Speaker 4: I think right now, just coming off of where he left off last year, what we saw at the beginning of last year.
Speaker 5: The only reason why he cool out because he went out there and then he picked back up, and then he came into the.
Speaker 1: Preseason like, oh yeah, y'all, never forget about that, you know.
Speaker 4: And then so now going to this season, we don't know how things gonna, you know, transpire, but guess what he knows. The guy been open since we've been watching tape on him coming out of high school, going to Penn State and then at Penn State coming in here. The man been opening every film I watched.
Speaker 2: You feel me?
Speaker 5: So I just want to stay hot.
Speaker 4: I think regardless of if we giving him the ball or not, if he's on the field, they're gonna have to check fum and that's gonna kill everybody else. The opportunity. The guy who we haven't been talking about, Samuews, He's gonna get the opportunity themmy, you know, Brown, gonna get opportunity. Who's ever out there on the field with him gonna get the luxury of getting the ball because they gonna have to check this guy with multiple guys not gonna just be one. And if you want to check him in one, sorry for that, dude, Grandmama and granddaddy, because they're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Now stay hot.
Speaker 3: When I think about state hot, I think about walking into a seventy level. You know how the hot dolls are just constans that some time they stay on there too long, they.
Speaker 2: Can dry out a little bit.
Speaker 3: But my guy, I thought, had a year where he said, got everybody on notice, I could play this game. The Pope Benjamin Saint Juice, Oh my Benjamin Saint Juwice.
Speaker 2: Now he's been good. He's been damn good.
Speaker 3: During training camp, I think did a man afford just from flashing so much that people weren't talking about what Saint Juice? And we know what it is when we got somebody new in our room and they taking all that shine, we want some.
Speaker 2: Of that shine back.
Speaker 3: I think that's where the Pope at Saint Juice sitting in there like, okay, what did y'all get a load of me?
Speaker 2: Y'all forgot about what I did last year.
Speaker 3: So I think Saint Juice is that man that just prone to stay hot and stay on a level and his contract coming up too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, So for me, if I was gonna say someone that need to say out, I'm gonna say Cam craw because of how he practiced during training camp, got a couple of interceptions. That's something he hasn't been very prolific. I think if he could do that, yeah, that's gonna be huge for this defense. And I think, you know, obviously Joshua Dobbs is going to be a guy who might throw them Joshua.
Speaker 2: I never thought was speak of Joshua Doves.
Speaker 3: Never never thought in my life we'll be talking about Joshua all.
Speaker 1: Right, And the last one for our thing here before we have to talk about Joshua Dobson. One is any given Sunday? Who is gonna fight scratching cloth for that inch? Every inch? What is that movie? Any given Sunday?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm gonna go with up.
Speaker 1: Listen, that's a great speech.
Speaker 2: I used to listen to that speech before many a game.
Speaker 1: That's a great speech.
Speaker 4: It is Terry McCluin. Just feel like he's one of those guys man. I mean we saw it.
Speaker 5: You got the year.
Speaker 4: Different quarterbacks in the game throw it up, went in doubt, who's coming down with it. I mean it's easy to say, throw it up to this guy, he's gonna make a play. But when all the players have most of the players been fifty fifty balls and you don't fit the prototype of a guy that can, you know, out muscle a guy all the time, and you come down with it. I mean, hats off to this guy. He's doing something different. He knows something that we don't know. Now we know because we've been watching him play for the four five years. Uh so he just wont of those guys.
Speaker 2: Hey my guy, Sam, you will cost Yeah, listen to me any time. Alignment.
Speaker 3: Like, first of all, I watched it the Ravens practice for him some of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came into.
Speaker 3: His own like you know when you see it the light switch with somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh, he came into his own. And then I really knew. I like, now we really got a something when I watched him do the gritty, when I watched him get one.
Speaker 1: Nothing you know alive is in his bag when he when he's dancing, dancing.
Speaker 3: Now he ain't thinking, no more reacting right now, Sam Cosm and I said this last year, move him to Gord and watch him go to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true. I think that's a great one for me. Jeremy Reeves is my guy. He is the guy that when I watched on teams. When I watch him, he plays on defense. He's physical, he's tough, he's taking on blockers, he's competitive, he's playing with that his hair on fire. So for me, he's a guy that's gonna call on scratch for those quess and I love that. All right, So final predictions for the game. Just so you know, Washington right now is of Tuesday is plus seven of this game.
Speaker 2: That's a lot in the league.
Speaker 1: It is a lot in the league. It's a big spread. So Freddie want to go first because Tanda started all those off.
Speaker 3: All right, no problem. This is because of the Joshua Dobbs effect.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am.
Speaker 2: Gonna go.
Speaker 3: Thirty three to nine. One thirty three to nine. I think we smothered them with our defense. I think George sly kick him in the eye at least for nine points.
Speaker 2: I think Trustway gonna change the playing field.
Speaker 3: And I think Sam Howe is gonna be the shock of the NFL year, just like Colorado came out and shock the college world. Sam Howe because when they don't put expectations on you, when you do something, they blew it up. And I think that he gonna have a chance to come out here and start very fast and get the confidence he needs to carry him into the year. They don't know what we're gonna do because unpredictability. Yes, they did play against each other in the Super Bowl, but this this defense.
Speaker 2: This office has a little different field.
Speaker 3: So all I'm saying is thirty three to nine, and I use units of three to get to that.
Speaker 5: All right, twenty eight six.
Speaker 1: You guys do only think they're gonna score any points.
Speaker 5: I feel like, you know, I feel like they're gonna sco.
Speaker 4: I just don't feel like I don't know how you know what I mean, it's gonna be a field goal game for them, or it's gonna be a touchdown and they miss the field goal. I'm a mister ex you point something to give them a little credit. I just feel like, offensively, we have a chance to do some things with the ball in the in the blackfield and through the air. And when you have a young team like that, especially what we're gonna be going through with the fans alone, that's gonna brain that's going to ignite that that that that energy in that stadium. We're gonna get into a point to where we can control the ball game and not have to worry about putting up too many points. And that's gonna you know, save save our defense have to worry about be on the field as much, you know what I mean. So I'm not saying that they got it. They're not gonna go out there and play on the offensive side. I just like, offensively, we're gonna control the clock a lot with what we have going on, and it don't we don't need to shoot out.
Speaker 5: Save a little bit of that.
Speaker 4: Beat them, beat them, beat them to it, you know, you know, twenty eight points, beat them by six seven, I mean, beat them by twenty six to seven. And the next week we can build on that and say, hey, we can show a little bit more of our offense.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna say thirteen to twenty four some i'th gonna say. I think touchdown, maybe two field goals. It's the first time Sam's gonna be in the in the game. Is he gonna have a like kind of a rookie air quotes mistake there? You'd be gonna have some is he gonna have any issues called plays? You know what I'm saying? Like that, Again, as much as it is new for us, it's also new for Jack and what they're gonna be doing offensively. So that's what I think. I think again, I think it's a win. I think I feel pretty comfortable about that. So just not staleer.
Speaker 2: Yours kind of bored four to what thirteen thirteen?
Speaker 1: I mean yours was what thirty three to night.
Speaker 5: It's the national football it's our college football, bro, and.
Speaker 2: What we see, he's get blue out before in the nesson football league I've been a part of.
Speaker 1: One was the score. Uh.
Speaker 3: We went to New England one year and I told him your wife and kids, they is kicking button.
Speaker 1: Here right now. Listen.
Speaker 2: They shot the cannon so many times.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you getting.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't know what to do. Oh it was like forty five every time.
Speaker 4: Every time we come off the field, the defense was we was down the side.
Speaker 3: The rest carry defensive players out the field. They hurting us one by one.
Speaker 6: We was in World War three or two.
Speaker 5: Three man.
Speaker 2: The guys slipping off the field.
Speaker 5: Guys, guys was getting getting damn cardal.
Speaker 2: They took our song.
Speaker 3: We had toe a c als after the game to his A c L. We had a defensive alignment separate his too of him.
Speaker 4: They had most Then then there was that year where they took it easy on no one.
Speaker 2: They were just saying, that's how I gotta we gotta be the.
Speaker 1: Best Seming football show. Is that the worst loss you've had?
Speaker 6: Probably?
Speaker 5: Probably, I don't think i've seen we were.
Speaker 1: That you were Monday Night Masacar Philadelphia. Oh yeah, that one was tough.
Speaker 3: About that when so many I tried to forget about that, But I don't.
Speaker 1: Think the score. The score wasn't that bat It was like fifty four to twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they first played the DJ dude, I.
Speaker 1: Remember being on the sideline of that game because I wasn't playing that much. I was on teams or whatever, nice and so like the but I remember like it was like score and then we went three and out and it was like score. It was like interceptional urn for a touchdown and I was like, wait, we're like not even like five minutes out of the first score. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember me and me and Men mcnaw was playing. He was he was with us that then, No he was there or he was with us.
Speaker 2: He was with us.
Speaker 4: That was his first year here, and I remember, man, he was on fire in the first half. But it just seemed like we ain't have enough. We didn't have what we did in the matter, what we did offensively.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: First of all, labarn Landry, I'm ana blame that on him.
Speaker 2: He was the one that started that whole.
Speaker 5: Bs with d Jack.
Speaker 2: The first player of the game.
Speaker 1: He takes the takes the tail part.
Speaker 5: Like I always say, they.
Speaker 2: Showed him the ball.
Speaker 5: He came running from thirty something.
Speaker 4: Ya.
Speaker 2: He wasn't supposed to be close to there for once.
Speaker 5: Man, Like I'm I'm sitting on the side, like why are you stepping up?
Speaker 2: Why? Why?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: That's how I was sitting there. I knew it was coming because he talked all that smack. And you know those guys know they know Landry. You you slew for you, slew for you. Ain't you ain't You're aggressive too, very aggressive. But when you a guy that can run and you slew foot not time my ten, you get beat like that?
Speaker 1: What you call.
Speaker 2: What if you pigeontoken stop on the die read snoop me know what he doop.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: It's a difference, man, between slew foot and pigeontod when it comes to athlete.
Speaker 2: What about you, what's your worst whooping?
Speaker 1: Was it that one? I think? I think in the NFL, it's gotta be that.
Speaker 5: Got to be. It's gotta be those two for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was there, and I was and I.
Speaker 5: Was here, And so that's the mad part about it.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't stop.
Speaker 1: Nobody help, all right, Well, so those hopefully the commanders have better experiences than those this weekend. That's gonna do it for today's show. Thanks guys, Always a pleasure. Thirty three to nine.
Speaker 6: Mister, So what do we call?
Speaker 2: It's called me mad?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So one of the things you talked about your press conferences winning. You're a guy that's one one champions as a player, one champions as an owner. What do you think is like the catalyst for that for you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: I think you first of all, you know, starts with the players, right and the player you have to have great players, great with a willingness to to first play as a team, play their role sacrifice because you know you you have to also be pulling in the same direction. And then last but not least, you know, uh, you have to be competitive as hell. You know, you got to be able to compete. And we have to have great leaders. And when you have great leaders, they hold the team together. And so mindset addedude, preparation, discipline, and all that goes into that. So I think that my mindset has always been to get around guys who understand those.
Speaker 6: Type of things.
Speaker 7: And thank God, Man above have blessed me with the teams that I played on, but also with the players that I played with. And so that's what it takes, all of us saying, hey, we got one goal and that's to win, and we'll do whatever.
Speaker 6: It takes to win a championship. Introduce me to a young magic.
Speaker 2: The mind is out of magic, touch whatever it turns to go.
Speaker 3: Any other sports in high school? Did you try to play football? Did you try to play baseball?
Speaker 2: The Socking.
Speaker 7: I did play football up in the Pop Warner up until and then junior high. I played both ends, tight end, defe And so when we got to high school, I had made the team. I'm here, I am starting at both ends, and all of a sudden, I'm in the huddle and somebody is knocking on my helmet. So I'm thinking it's the coach, you know, and it's my father and the basketball coach because h football runs three weeks into.
Speaker 6: The basketball season, and they said, no way, you can miss three weeks.
Speaker 7: And so I cried man and turned in my equipment, but I still went to every game. And uh, my father, I told him. I turned around and said, during basketball season, you made the.
Speaker 1: Right right, that's right? So did you know, like you were a freshman, right, did you know I was going to be a great basketball player?
Speaker 6: Like? Was it? Like?
Speaker 1: How did that all play out?
Speaker 7: You know, you're good, but you still have to now prove it because now it is my first year in high school. So sure enough, you know, I led that school to a state championship and everything went great.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: You again, it's all about not just me. It's the guys that you play with, and people forget that. You know, so you could be the greatest player you want to be, but if the guys are not believing that they can win or they they're reaching their potential as well, then you can't win. So every guy we came together and we turned that school around in the basketball program, and so I'm an ad a sports fan. Yeah, I love sports, boxing, tennis. I watched you know, the US Open, on and on and on. I just love sports man and and then my love is really football. Every Sunday and Saturday I watch I used to watch the game. I'm still watching the games now. But now to own the Commanders, be one of the owners, you know. Uh, it's amazing speaking of that.
Speaker 4: This was a question that was just something that I wanted to ask you a long time ago, being a ballplayer, and now you in a different world, right, in the business world. What are some of the things that you learned as a ballplayer, whether it was early or later, that you carried over into the world that you're in now.
Speaker 7: That's a great question because the same discipline I had as a athlete and as a basketball player, it's the same discipline I must have as a businessman. And then I'm all always prepared, you know, And I tell people all the time, preparation is everything, everything, And so no.
Speaker 6: Matter what meeting, I'm going into over prepared like I was as a player, right.
Speaker 7: And then I think the dedication, you know, the hard work. My work ethic has always been amazing. So that same work ethic I take as a businessman as well. And then last but not least, it's the same winning attitude.
Speaker 6: Man, I hate to lose, to lose. That's what has changed.
Speaker 4: But tell me this also too, because I remember, you know, being kind of like out the league my first year, and the first thing I kind of dove into, I was like, well, I got to get back on my routine.
Speaker 2: I don't have no routine.
Speaker 5: I got started, but I knew what.
Speaker 4: I did for fourteen years of being a professional athlete, so I need to get back into doing something. You know, what what was that like for you when you said, Okay, now I'm in a new world.
Speaker 6: Did you have the same routine?
Speaker 5: Did you get up in the morning?
Speaker 4: I say, okay, I to go to this meeting, that meeting, this meeting, but I need to do this first to get me started.
Speaker 7: Well, we've been coached our whole life, and we've had.
Speaker 6: A schedule our whole life. So what I did was I turned to working out first.
Speaker 7: So so so yeah, yeah, yeah, so you So I get up, I get up early, So I'm at four o'clock.
Speaker 6: I will I wake up?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wake up at four o'clock.
Speaker 7: I go to be at thirty every morning, I mean every night, wake up at four, four thirty. I'm in the gym for two hours, and then I go.
Speaker 6: To my office all day.
Speaker 7: So what happens a lot of times with athletes we lose our discipline. Yeah, so if you keep your discipline, then you can apply that to whatever field, right, But once you lose that, then it's hard.
Speaker 6: That's right. That's right. So I kept that discipline.
Speaker 7: Then I looked up and said, you know, this is what I want to do after I'm done. So I got into first little you know, first little business, and then the little one turned into the second one.
Speaker 6: And then you start growing. You can't be impatient. You just gotta grow. And and then I'm a perfectionist, so I like to do everything the right way. You know.
Speaker 7: That came from being an athlete, you know, And so nothing has changed.
Speaker 6: I'm still driven, man, I still love to uh.
Speaker 7: Win, but now I'm winning in a different arena. And then I started in urban America in the black and brown community because I knew that community. So I built my business there first because I knew what the community wanted. So I brought the movie theaters and Starbucks and those things to the community, and it created jobs.
Speaker 6: Too at the same time.
Speaker 3: Being a forced multiplier is a point guard being a point guard you was, You played point guard different anybody.
Speaker 2: You made everybody else around you better.
Speaker 6: I appreciate.
Speaker 2: Is this something you can teach?
Speaker 3: You're just born with that because we all athletes, but we all different athletes and we made it to different stages. You think you being a force multiplier have help you truly and embrace all the business you've taken.
Speaker 6: Oh, no question about it.
Speaker 7: I mean you know I'm still doing that today. I mean I'm still the point guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm doing it.
Speaker 6: You know, it's just in a different arena.
Speaker 7: And so I believe you can do well and do good at the same time. Right, So I'm still trying to bless others, whether that's athletes who want to become businessmen or whether that's non athletes who want to be businessmen businesswomen. Try to give them the information and then I love giving back. So I'm still touching the community in that way. So God has put me on this earth to really just be that point guard on the court, but also in life too, and so it hasn't stopped. And I think that's my purpose, right, and we all must know our purpose. Like you was talking about, we knew what we were as athletes. We knew that and all of all four of us exceled. So now is how do we excel now? But in a different arena, that's all.
Speaker 6: And you know you.
Speaker 1: Can't talk about you being the port guard. But for this this deal here with the team, it seemed like Josh Harris was a poor card. How was that new role for you? And kind of fit a new spot and then join the kind of elite club of one of three or three? Like, how's that better?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 7: Well, I think first joining the club and being African American to represent.
Speaker 6: The black community has been awesome.
Speaker 7: And you know we lost to Denver bid Josh and I yeah, And.
Speaker 2: I was about to say that actually it worked out better.
Speaker 7: And so his story about growing up here waiting twenty five years for season tickets to the whole thing, and myself already I've done business here, I mean a lot of business here, and so I think that this was the great opportunity for Josh and I and the whole group to have a story franchise like before the Redskins. Of course, now the commanders, and so I carry the banner for all athletes but also all African Americans and so that we can do this and we can be great on the field or on the court, but also we can translate that and also be great as business owners.
Speaker 6: And so I'm excited.
Speaker 7: Whatever Josh needs me to do, wants me to do, needs me to do, I'm gonna do it, you know. And so but again, you're gonna see me in the community and giving back.
Speaker 2: I love love.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go to a boys and girls club soon here, I'm I'm gonna be all over the place going.
Speaker 6: To school speaking because I love See. We'refore that, Scott blessed.
Speaker 7: So also we gotta tell our story and make sure the kids know that, Hey, you can do this too, right, but you gotta work hard, you gotta get your grades, you gotta do what you need to do. So my role in this will get out into the community and make a difference, give back, and then whatever else they need me to do.
Speaker 6: That's big.
Speaker 4: I remember you saying that day one, and I want to tell you when you start doing that in this community us, I'm willing to if you need another guy from the team that come out there with you, and then we can all share our stories and let them know that they can see us.
Speaker 7: And you and I talked about doing that, and we're going to do that, and we're going to do that because it takes all of us. It can't just take me, you know. We all four of us need to be out there doing it in a in a great way because we can change somebody's life, you know, and so somebody helped us.
Speaker 1: If you like this interview, make sure you check out the full thing on the Commander's YouTube page. All right, we got all this great Commander's content. Game Day Live this Sunday be mentioned Tana one hour before the game, right Tanna, Yes, sir, I joined the postgame show immediately after it. Make sure you can check it out for free on YouTube. That's a big deal. Check it out on there. We got get Laud with Fred and Jenks. How's that going for?
Speaker 2: We get Laud Loud, Get real Loud.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do. Command Center, the Flagship Show is talking Commanders only. Very special guest this week, Fred, you could say it's magical. Abrika Dabbers. Right, this podcast will have a new schedule. Recap will drop on Wednesday. Preview will drop on Fridays. Be sure to subscribe to never miss an episode and comment. We love to hear you guys's comments. We know you live in those You know I love to live in those comments sections. We check them out, we'll answer them on the show. We got something for you each and every day of the week. Be sure to like and subscribe to you our YouTube page to never miss any exclusive Commander's news and or content. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and our hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.