Speaker 1: Mother Knows Death starring Nicole and Jemmy and Maria qk.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: Everyone welcome The Mother Knows Death. We are back from our break we took last week and we have a special giveaway from one of our sponsors, Giant Microbes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so why don't you show everybody what we're giving away for everybody on YouTube? We could post some pictures on the Instagram story too, So why don't you explain?
Speaker 3: So a giant from Giant Microbes, the company they make these little cute stuffed plushies. So, for example, one of Lucia's friends, Head was in the hospital to get her tonsils removed, and I sent her Giant Microbes of tonsils because I thought that that was cute for kids. But today's giveaway, we're going to give away three of them. The first one is a brain key, so it's really cute. It looks like it has little eyes and it looks like a little stuffed animal. My kids have a bunch of these. They think they're great, and then it comes with a little tag explaining what it is. So they have organs, but they also have really fun things like this guy, which is chlamydia, which is it's always fun to give one of your friends chlamydia.
Speaker 2: So that's cool.
Speaker 3: And the last one that we're gonna give away today is this cute cuteris Cuterius Uterus.
Speaker 2: So to enter, you're going to go to Apple Podcast, leave us a written review, hopefully five stars, but we want you to be honest at the same time, screenshot your review and then email it to us at stories at mothernosdeath dot com and they contest will end on September the thirteenth, and we will announce the winners the following week. But we're going to be picking three people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can't even write in the email which one of these little plushies you prefer, but we can't guarantee that you'll get it, but I mean, it's it's worth a shot to just say which one you want and the reason that you really want that particular one, like if you have chlamydia and you really want it or whatever. So yeah, it'll be really cool. So thanks for that, and let's get started with the story of the week, all right. So in Thailand, this guy says he woke up around ten o'clock in the morning on a Sunday, you know when most people wake up for the day. The first thing they do is go to the bathroom. So he goes to the bathroom, and he said that just out of habit, he flushed the toilet because they have monsoons in Thailand and sometimes it could cause you know, like reptiles or little creatures to get in the plumbing. So he did take this step to flush the toilet first. So he sits down on the toilet and then almost immediately feels a sharp pain in his scrotum. Yeah, and the story, the way that the story describes, it's even better that it says snake chomps on nuts. So, yeah, a snake was in his toilet and bit his testicles. And there's photos of him and videos of him tackling this python that ended up being in his toilet. Luckily it was non venomous, but there was blood on the toilet seat, which you just have to assume came from his testicles, right, which is terribly scary. Do you actually remember back in April we talked about this that a rat bit somebody that was in the toilet. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So apparently this is a problem in Thailand. I guess I never even heard of that. I just I was kind of blown away by the rat being in the toilet. I didn't really ever think about it, and now it's just it's really disturbing. But anatomically speaking, there's not a major artery there, like a carotid artery that would kill you if it got punctured. Obviously it drew some blood. I think the biggest thing is is the risk of infection here, because you're essentially and this is really gross, but toilet water isn't sterile, so there's remnants of a poop and pee in it, and you're essentially injecting it right into your testicle with the tooth of the snake. So I think infection would be his biggest problem to look for the next couple of days.
Speaker 2: Well, I was thinking, it really sucks to you know, be like kind of aware that this is a problem and take the steps to flush the toilet. But then he said after the bike, he tried to grip the snake and the snake was holding on so strongly, so I guess when he flushed, you know, the snake was able to you know, what, what is that little bit of water pressure gonna do to take the snake away? You know, when it's that large, so that didn't really work out. And then you know, he couldn't get the snake out, so he had to take a toilet brush and beat it to death until it died to just finally end the situation. So, I don't know, this sounds kind of reirable. I wonder if this is frowned upon.
Speaker 3: I was just I was just listening to a story in a new in the news about someone that killed a rat that was in their garden in New Jersey, and it was like this big scandal. He got in trouble for it. He might have even served some jail time for it.
Speaker 2: Jail tie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're and you're like, what, what's the line of what you're allowed to do? I guess the thing injured him and he felt like his life was in danger because the thing bit his testicles, I don't know, chomped on his nutsack, as.
Speaker 2: The story says. I don't know, like, is he in trouble because it was outside, because doesn't everybody that uses a mouse or rat trap or rat poison.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly what I was thinking. I was like, Oh, it's cool if it's in your house and you use a trap.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. Yeah, whatever it was.
Speaker 3: So because believe me, if it's in my house, it's not coming back out. Well, I had a little mouse in my house yesterday in our office. It was so cute.
Speaker 2: Actually, it was a little baby, and.
Speaker 3: It's I just think it's kind of a weird time of year because usually they would come in when it gets cold out and it's still hot. I think it was because we had the door open all weekend. Yeah, like the kids were just in and out or whatever. But that my cat like torture and the shit out of this poor little guy. And finally Gabe took it outside and just because he was just like, he's not even killing it. The cat's not even killing it, she's just torturing it. So yeah, I don't I mean, nobody wants that shit in their house. All right, let's get started with celebrity news.
Speaker 2: So some really crazy news. So Mariah Carey released a statement yesterday that her mother and sister both died on the same day over the weekend. Yeah, and there's not really much details yet, so of course we'll have an update once that comes out. But we've heard about this before in rare circumstances where people in the same family die in the same day. And obviously in cases of like murder suicide, that would make sense, but in natural cases of death, it's it's it's very unusual and rare. Yeah, well, I don't hear. So her mother was eighty seven, the sister was sixty three. I'm not sure about the mother, but I know this sister. I read her book that came out in twenty twenty, and I know her sister had problems with drugs most of her life, so I don't know if that was a contributing factor. She actually has a quote from her book that was when I was twelve years old, my sister drugged me with valume, offered me a pinky nail full of cocaine, and then tried to sell me out to a pimp, to which her sister, who was twenty years old at the time of this accusation, so that she was twenty. Mariah was twelve when this went down. So Mariah recounts this in her twenty twenty memoir, and then her sister sued her after the book came out, saying it was outrageous to claim and she was trying to get a million dollars out of it, but her and her family had pretty tumultuous relationships.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, her sister was a strange I don't know if she was from her mom though, but she had I know that she had a home break in years ago and someone actually beat her with a baseball.
Speaker 2: Bat and she got break. No the sister.
Speaker 3: Oh, and she had brain trauma for a while, and like you said, said she was in and out of homelessness as well as drugs. So I did see an article that said that her death was expected.
Speaker 2: They knew it was coming.
Speaker 3: It seems like she was on some kind of hospice. So I'm not sure what happened with the mom too. But sometimes we see cases like this. The most famous one is Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds died either on the same day or within a few days of each other, and their mother daughter actresses. And there is a condition that happens sometimes that you see that you have a heart You basically have a heart attack at a response to a severe emotional stress in your life, and it's called Takatsubo cardio my ideas, So it's a special thing that happens to certain people. We actually wrote it's also called heartbreak syndrome, which is more commonly referred to. Back at Valentine's Day time, I wrote a high profile death dissection on this particular cause of death and gave some real life examples and when it happened. Johnny Cash and his wife died within months of each other, the same with Barbara Bush and her husband, and they were married for such a long time. And there's this, there's this, It's not even just a theory. It could actually really be proven that you can die from a broken heart basically. So I don't know if the mom was close with the sister or it could just like straight up be incidental, like coincidental, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure more information will come out over time about it. Like you said, it could be the heartbreak thing. Like I don't know what was going on. I just can't imagine a loss like that. Even if you are estranged from, you know, a family member, it doesn't make it hurt any less that they pass away. So Yeah, and especially I always imagine for a parent that has a child that has all of these problems their entire life, that it is very it's very hard to deal with their death after a while, and maybe that just that was enough to set her into having issues. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's it sucks for Maria Carrey because, like you said, even though they were having problems and stuff, it's just like a lot to.
Speaker 2: Emotionally deal with at one time. No for sure. So this next story could truly be an entire episode in itself, but I'll try my best to summarize because it just gets like crazier and crazier as the story develops. So this guy, Mike Lynch, he's apparently like the Steve Jobs of the United Kingdom. He's just this mega tech entrepreneur. He's worth a lot of money. So he his family and some friends were on this mega yacht that his wife's company owned. They were in Italy and the weather was supposed to be like this awesome day. So the yachts captain decided to you know, anchor slightly off to port, which is not unusual for yachts. You always. I mean, I've never personally experienced being on a yacht, but I've seen pictures of them floating right off the port, so I only imagine that's a normal occurrence. So suddenly this extreme weather event happened called a water spout, which is, to my belief, this like tornado that happens over a body of water. So like, of course, you know, one of my number one fears is tornadoes. So all I'm thinking about is us going on this cruise next year and this happening totally irrational fear. So within minutes of this water spot occurring, the yacht sank, which it was supposed to be, this unsinkable ship. So there's all these questions about what happened. So twenty two people had been on board, only fifteen survived. All of those survivors were found on a life raft in the seven people that died was Mike Lynch, his daughter, his lawyer, three other guests, and a crew member. So when news broke up this yacht sinking, all these conspiracies started flying in because apparently Mike and his business partner had been in this twelve year long legal battle over the sale of their company. They were accused of fraud by the people that bought the company, and only days before the yacht sank and Mike died, his business partner had been on a run and hit by a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that I mean, listen, it would sound shady to me, but like you can't create a tornado to kill somebody. That's kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 2: No, totally. But also on their.
Speaker 3: Waterspout whatever you guys are calling it.
Speaker 2: So also somebody that died on the boat was their lawyer that helped them win this case. So apparently them going on this boat was like their way of celebrating this huge win after over a decade long legal battle. So of course, like to your point, you guess somebody could have hit the guy and killed him on purpose right with their car, but you can't like manifest this rare weather event. Except as of today, the yachts captain is now under investigation for manslaughter because they believed that maybe the crew didn't take the proper steps when the weather event was coming and they had had some warning of it and that's what caused the yacht to sink. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: This whole story is so outrageous. It's yeah, it's like it's like a rich people thing. I just can't really relate to going on some one of these kinds of crazy boats. I think the fanciest boat I've ever been on is like the ferry to Martha's vineyard. So they they found some of they haven't found everyone yet, right.
Speaker 2: I think they found six of the seven people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's it's going to be a rough recovery because when you die in a body of water, that that just causes the body to decompose faster. And I believe that the water at this time has been up to eighty six degrees fahrenheit, which is really freakin' hot for water.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: So what happens is when the body's decomposing in water, it accelerates, and it definitely could accelerate when the temperature is increased that high, and once the bacteria and the body starts growing more and more, it puts off gases and essentially inflates the body like a balloon and they float up to the top. But in this case, it's less likely to happen when there's such a deep body of water that so this is fifteen meters or like one hundred and fifty feet deep, it's really deep, so there is a chance that that body will never float to the surface.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 3: I mean that's where it might even be deeper than that, but that's how far down they found the yacht.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now some authorities are coming out saying it wasn't a water spout, it was a downburst, which is I'm like, what's the freaking difference? When I was looking it up. A downburst So you know, when a tornado starts in the sky, it's like cycling wind, right, So a downburst is apparently a really strong gust of wind straight down instead of in a cycling motion. So I'm like, it's the same, It's the same weather event like these these this alleged conspira see that somebody killed them, right, It's like, you can't you can't create either natural disaster.
Speaker 3: Well people and people of the crew I'm assuming died as well.
Speaker 2: One crew member died, okay, so why would why would?
Speaker 3: I mean, I get that the guy is getting in trouble for manslaughter if he was being negligent, But I I think it's just coincidental.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe they didn't deserve.
Speaker 3: To win the lawsuit and it's like a karma thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, honestly. One of the worst details of the story for me is that one of the survivors was this woman that had a one year old baby and the baby also survived, but she fell in the water and held the baby above the water while she was trying to swim to safety.
Speaker 3: What wasn't wasn't one of the guy that died. Didn't he have a wife and a baby on there too? Was it that guy? Was it his wife? I don't know if I thought it was one of the guests babies. But his wife did survive, but their eighteen year old daughter did pass away with him. They found her as well, So it's real. It's really horrible.
Speaker 2: They're saying that because I think this happened in the middle of the night, that you know, most of the people that died on the ship were sleeping and didn't know was coming, and they were found in like the bedrooms of the boat underwater. But as far as this manslaughter charge goes, they can't, which I think is kind of crazy to be investigating this guy. But they're saying that they have to wait till they pull the remainder of the shipwreck out before they continue investigating it and like determine whether he was at fault or not for not taking proper procedure because a nearby boat that also would have been affected by the weather event came out totally fine. So they're like, well, what happened with this boat? Right? Yeah, I don't know. It's very weird, right, yeah, but I do. I do think this is purely just coincidence that this guy died. You know, you can you can theorize all you want about whatever happened with the business partner whatever, but like you can't like hire a hitman to create a tornado bed of water.
Speaker 3: So I tried to know, I'm like, just kind of stories, just kind of boring to me, honestly. All right, let's get on to an update with Richard Simmons.
Speaker 2: All right, So new information has come out about Richard Simmons' cause of death, So why don't you explain what the medical examiner had to say. So I guess back in.
Speaker 3: July he died, remember when we talked about that, But they really didn't have any information. They just said it was pending further investigation. So we did hear that he possibly fell, and then we also heard that he was having he didn't feel well.
Speaker 2: So what happened is he goes to.
Speaker 3: The medical examiner and maybe they did the autopsy and they couldn't tell exactly right away. So they say, pending for their studies, so they do toxicology and stuff too. His toxicology was negative except for the medications that he was taking, and they determined that his cause of death was accidental due to blunt force injuries, but there was also cardiovascular disease was a contributing factor. So it's likely that he could have had a heart attack or something and that would but survived it because people don't always die when they have a heart attack and fell and hit his head, and maybe when he fell and hit his head, he had more of a slow bleed inside of his head that took a while to really take him down, and that's and that was ultimately what caused his death. But they would have been able.
Speaker 2: I think they.
Speaker 3: Specifically said that he had, oh yeah, arterial sclerotic disease of his coronary arteries, so they were able to determine that he had he had, you know, natural heart damage that caused him to fall.
Speaker 2: So that's what that means, that he had naturally Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he just he had that that but they were saying that he so even though they see the heart damage, they're still going to say that what really killed them because the injury that looks the worst is whatever was happening in his head.
Speaker 2: I'm assume.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they really ever said that. I feel like last time they did say he hit his head when he fell, I don't remember. I mean, you could die from other blunt trauma too, but that's kind of a common one, when you hit your head and then you don't go get it checked out and you die, you know later, because it's it's more of a slow bleed from a vein rather than an artery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bob sag it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean his was His was a little bit different though, because he that was fast, so he I'm sure if someone was in the room with him. I always say this, if someone was in the room with him, he could have probably survived that, but it was too late by the time someone found them after a whole night's sleep, you know what I mean. I still see all these people being like he was murdered, and I just really urge everybody to read the dissection we did on him, because I think you really, you know, explain how easily it could happen to anybody, and that's nothing nefarious was necessarily tied to it. So it just it happens a lot. And you know, when you think about whenever you get injured, especially you hit your head, right, think about going to the emergency room is like the worst thing in the world for everybody. It's just my dad fell down the porch steps at my house last summer and he hit his head on the sidewalk. And my first thing is when anybody hits their head, just like, go get it checked out. Especially he whacked his head on cement, like I watched it happen, right. But then it's like they don't feel like, what was it Sunday night, it was already dark out. They didn't feel like sitting in the er all night. It's just like this big hassle. Oh, we'll just watch them. And then what happens is people go to sleep and then they never wake up because a regular person might not know all the signs to look for when someone has like a serious head injury. That's why I always urge people if you hit your head, just get it checked out. But you understand that people just don't want.
Speaker 2: To deal with it.
Speaker 3: You know what media for sure, because going to the emergency room is like five to fifteen hours of your time.
Speaker 2: No, it sucks.
Speaker 3: It's for them to just say like, oh yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So people take the risk and unfortunately it's doesn't work out. And someone, especially someone that's more famous like Richard Simmons, like he might not have wanted all the paparazzi and media attention that would have surrounded him going to the hospital for something, you know what. Oh yeah, so it's it's really sad. And he was he was such a cool guy, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, freak accidents in California. These three hikers from Utah were trekking along this popular trail, so when they got to the end, one of them decided to jump into this quote little pool. Did you see the pictures of this thing?
Speaker 3: So honestly, I did see the pictures of it, and it looks really it looks like cool kind.
Speaker 2: Of no, it looks really cool. It's apparently this spot that's really photogenic. A lot of people go there to take cool pictures and stuff. And I underst just from seeing even the shitty picture of the article ahead, I'm like, I totally understand. You know, if the water looks beautiful, it's in a really cool part. So this woman jumps in the water, and then she doesn't resurface right away, so her friends start freaking out. They realized she was probably swept up by the undercurrent, and they jump in and try to save her, and they also got trapped because there was a whirlpool that nobody realized was happening. They thought this like log in the middle was creating this circular kind of current, but it was really this mini whirlpool happening. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about that. I always see videos of people jumping into things like that, and I always get scared because I think, like, how do you know there's not a giant rock like right under the surface of the water that you're going to hit or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just freaks me out, but I do. I can see the pictures so beautiful that people would want to do that. It looks cool, and it's just really unfortunate to be on a trip experience in just like fun with your friends and having to deal with something like that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So all three of them unfortunately ended up losing consciousness and they were able to be pulled out of the water and witnesses perform CPR, but Unfortunately none of them survived it, So such a bomber. It is a bummer because you're just trying to have like a nice fun day with some of your friends and then you know, just something so dumb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and imagine, I mean, how many were on the trip. Imagine just how traumatic that is to lose three of your friends like that.
Speaker 2: That's terrible. Yeah. So this next story, I'm sure is one of your number one pet peeves. By the hot word used. It is in the title electrocution. So on Sunday in Indiana, two adults and three kids were swimming in a pool. Police were called to the house after all of them were quote electrocuted, even though they were technically only shocked because none of them died.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that word is overly used. But if it said if the titles had multiple people shocked in a swimming pool, nobody would open the article. That's why they do it, and they don't care that it's wrong there, you know what I mean, It's just more shocking to read an article about that. But they were saying that there was a wire from the pool pump that was pinched, causing the protective cover to be exposed, and then that wire had contact with the pool water, which caused all of these people to get shocked. I think the biggest thing that you need to be concerned about with getting an electric shock is obviously because your heart beats, and your heartbeat is based off of electrical activity in your heart, so it could cause an a rhythm or an irregular heartbeat, which could kill you. So that's a huge concern. You also can get burns from electric shocks, and they probably just I don't know. It doesn't say what happened to them. They didn't die, It didn't say how bad it was, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just said they went to the hospital and the kids had gone to a separate hospital to receive further treatment. But so this gets me, So this gets me th A couple of people this weekend I had that I did like a porch and garden tour of my house for my side hobby, and a couple people were like.
Speaker 3: Oh, you should rent your pool out on this. There's like an app, yeah, like Airbnb for swimming pools. And of course, me being me, my first thought is, well, what happens when somebody drowns or hits their.
Speaker 2: Head exactly in my pool? Are they gonna assume me or something.
Speaker 3: And I didn't even really look into it to see what the deal is because I'm assuming with Airbnb's there's that could people could get hurt all the time in hot tubs or these extreme locations or something like that. So there must be some kind of thing. But that's just another worry that you can get shocked from the pool. And I think that we had a story I don't remember. It was a couple a couple of weeks or a couple of months ago about a couple that got electrocuted or they didn't die though, right, they got shocked in a hot tub and.
Speaker 2: No I thought one of I thought the husband did die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of them died, but that was in a hotel at some resort or something in Mexico, right, Yeah, so it does happen from time to time. I think if you have a regular poll set up by a professional people, all of that stuff is like underground and protected and stuff. I just am thinking that this might have been a situation where it was a person that kind of put their own pull up and the wires were somehow exposed out into the open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, So we'll try to I mean, it sucks.
Speaker 3: It sucks, and they were literally shocked when that happened to them, because why would you be expecting that.
Speaker 2: That's terrible. Yeah, so that your your comment about liability kind of leads into this next story. So in August twenty twenty two, a family had rented this lakefront airbnb on White Lake in New York. So the property had, you know, they're saying in this lawsuit that we're gonna talk about later, that the property had advertised itself as being quote safe and like you would want to assume that all airbemb's are safe, and it encouraged people to explore the lake and you know, go swimming and everything like that. So on the second day of this trip, the family was swimming in the lake off of a dock owned by the property. So one of the guys, who the family admits did not know how to swim well, was walking around and what he believed was way deep water, and he eventually reached a point where under the water it dipped off and went from I guess about five feet high to eighteen feet high or from eighteen feet under the water. So he lost his footing and then started to drown. To which two other family members that also admittedly didn't know how to swim very well, went to try to save him. They also lost their footing and started to drown, and unfortunately all three of them were not able to make it out.
Speaker 3: And listen, like, I think that this is a terribly sad story. We were just talking about with the other thing, right, but did you hear the other people like suing the state park that they were in or whatever because they were in a whirlpool and the drown Like, no, that's ridiculous because why would you do that. It's unfortunate that you would die on vacation, but there has to be some sense of self responsibility that you don't know how to swim, so why would you be in a body of water?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, like you, I personally think it's so ridiculous to try to sue the Airbnb and that so they're suing the homeowner and Airbnb corporate for this, which it's like, all right, if you want to sue the homeowner. I also don't agree with that, but what does Airbnb corporate have anything to do with it? I think that's one hundred percent of stretch. But you know, water is at your own risk. I just I don't see how this is going to go through in the corporate if you so, if.
Speaker 3: You have a beach front condo and someone drowns in the beach because there's there's a rip current, that's your fault. I mean, it's just I just think the whole thing is is outrageous that they even think, and especially they're saying that the person didn't know how to swim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a it's a lake, so it's not a pond that suddenly, you know, went from a foot to eighteen feet under the water. I think lakes are pretty well known to be pretty deep bodies of water, so I think it was totally put boats in them. Yeah, boats are in them. There was a dock right there which alluded that it was deep enough that a boat could sit in it. So I don't really know. I definitely don't agree with this lawsuit. I think swimming is at your own risk. Even if the Airbnb listing and in the property is encouraging you to go swimming, you still have to just have kind of common sense about it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think it could be different from the story that we were just talking about. If if a person has a that they're doing a poll on an app like that and it's poorly maintained and this electric shock was a result, Yes, that's a different situation. It was just like the most outraged thing I ever heard. But see, this is why what scares me about doing an app like that, because people they don't want to take responsibility for everything, and they want to blame everything on you, you know, And how could you possibly even I wonder how many people rented this Airbnb with no problems? And as a person that's renting out a thing like that, like, how could you possibly encounter any scenario of like people going in a lake that don't know how to swim that are going to end up drowning on your property.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, well it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, also have to take into account like how many times has this property been rented before? How many you know, decades and hundreds of years have people been going into this lake? Like, you know, I just I don't agree with the decision to sue. I don't think it's a property owner's fault for trying to be like this house is on a lake. People have a really good time in this lake. I mean, not everybody going in this lake is drowning. So or it's not like the lake was filled with extremely toxic chemicals and they told you to go in and that it was okay. I mean, it's just a body of water and you went. You didn't know how to swim.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I know that we get accused of victim blaming sometimes, but I think that this is every victim isn't a victim, right, Like That's how I look at it. This is a situation like, sorry, it's not their fault.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by the gross room. Guys join the gross room.
Speaker 3: It's only five ninety nine a month to try and you get to see all of these different things. So we have a lot of celebrity death dissections with people that have a cause of death for drowning, especially because we were just talking about that in some of these stories, and I really go through how people drowned, what happens to the body, what happens to the lungs, and some of the gross findings that you would see at autopsy in these cases. What was the one the one that I covered a couple of years ago, not Naya na. Yeah, she so she died from drowning and that was a terrible story. But it's just it's really interesting to see what we look for an autopsy in those cases. So join the grocer room now, only five ninety nine a month. All right, let's get started on some true crime.
Speaker 2: So a couple of weeks ago, a family had asked police in Texas to check on their father because they had not heard from him in a couple of months. So when the police got to the property, a man had started speaking to them through the ring camera saying he was the dead. So the police officer didn't really feel right about the situation. So I guess he took the audio or you know, took a video of the interaction, showed it to the family and said, does this sound like you're dead? And they said, that's definitely not him. I'm wondering when in these situations, So if police get called for a well check, which is what that is, right the welfare chance.
Speaker 3: They don't. They don't have to. They don't have like I guess, you don't have to answer the door if a cop comes over. It's kind of I feel like it's kind of suspicious if you're like, yeah, it's me, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Leave.
Speaker 3: You don't have to talk to a person in like face to face. I guess they don't have any right to to come into the property if they if they're just asking about somebody.
Speaker 2: I would say they probably have to encounter the person face to face to confirm to the family that they are okay, which is probably why the cop took the audio back and was like, they wouldn't open the door, but this person was talking to us from the property. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just wonder in a normal circumstance, So like, let's say they didn't they didn't have this video, Like let's just say whatever that the guy answered the doorm was yelling through the door, and it was just like, it's not me or what.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just are they allowed to then go back and break into the house to see what's going on? Because I'm sure this has happened multiple times that someone shows up and there's like a dead person in the house and the person that killed them is there and doesn't want to let them in, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say if the person's not willing to present themselves face to face, they could probably get a warrant to go in in some capacity, I would have to imagine, because you can't just be like, oh, well somebody said hi through the door, so we're good here. I'm sure that also happens, and there's total negligence on that part, but so yeah, the family members eventually get access into the property and in there they see this what they are calling like this suspicious refrigerator. So they open the fridge and unfortunately, the father is decomposed inside of stuffed inside of the fridge, and they found out that his son had you know, been impersonating his voice. And it's unclear if the dad had died via homicide or had died naturally and the son, you know, put them in there, or what the son has been arrested for.
Speaker 3: So when they show this video to the who I'm assuming is this guy's sisters, yeah, and says and says like, hey, is this your dad's voice? And they say no, they don't realize that it's not there, that it's their brother's voice.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe he was like you know, changing his voice or doing like an alternate voice, and maybe they suspected it was the brother. I don't know. Clearly, there was something going on, but I don't know, so they'll so what they'll do.
Speaker 3: So, even though the remains are decomposed, they'll take they'll bring them to the medical examiner's office. So, assuming his body was chopped up in pieces, because who has a refrigerator that big too, I guess you could if you took the shelves out or whatever.
Speaker 2: Or if you had like a chess freezer or no, it was a fridge, right.
Speaker 3: It I thought the article, I think it said fridge and freezer, so I wasn't really sure.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I guess in theory.
Speaker 3: So they'll bring the body to the medical examiner and they'll look at it, and they'll be able to tell even if it's decomposed, they'll be able to tell if there were signs of blunt trauma, like if the guy beat him to death with a crowbar or something. You'll see signs of that. Even if there's not that much skin and soft tissue left, you'll be able to see that on the bones. And even if it's not really super decomposed, you can see evidence of a heart attack or something. Sometimes in the heart you could tell that the coronary arteries are clogged or there's you could see a pulmonary embolism if his chest was intact. There's things you could see that you could tell, so it's not as easy, but you can see some gross finding. So I mean, we'll never hear about this again. It sucks because we always hear these cases and you're like, okay, so, like what happened, and they don't. They don't ever tell us the rest of the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So this next story, in California, police received a call that a quote blood soaked man was chasing around this maintenance worker. This is also at like seven o'clock in the morning, so imagine starting your Yeah, I assume that's when the police are coming on their shift. So they're probably like, yeah, awesome, this is this is how we're starting the day.
Speaker 3: They're like sitting there, drinking their coffee and like talking to the person that they're that they're relieving and just you know, catching up from the night before, and this is the call they get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when they got to the scene, the blood soaked man in question is seen on body cam like charging at the police officers and they keep telling him to stay away, but he keeps charging forward, so they had to shoot him. I think when they do this, they shoot somebody in the leg right so they can't keep walking, But it doesn't kill that I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Tell from the video where he got shot, just because he had blood all over him. In my just from looking at it, though, they had the guy lay on the ground on his belly and it looked like there was a lot of blood under his belly. Well, I think that on the on the page meant though, I think the blood on his body might have been someone else's, somebody else's because but the one the stuff on the street, it looks like he got shot somewhere in the abdomen or something, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he got shot and in the body Camp footage you see he's lying on the ground. I would assume anybody that gets shot would be screaming, right, this guy's not screaming. He starts singing Tina Turner, Yeah, what's love got to do? Got to do with it? He's it is kind of We're gonna try to upload the got to try to add the audio in just so you could hear it for a second, but.
Speaker 3: Hopefully to replace me singing it. But it's it is really like outrageous. We got another one by the growing.
Speaker 2: And apparently he killed his parents. Yeah. So after this whole debago go down, they you know, arrest him and they find out, well, there he's accused of decapitating his two elderly parents and the family's chiuahua.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's clearly having some kind of psychotic issues, I'm assuming.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what the teen or Tina Turner song, it's just a random song to pick and see. When I first read this, I thought it was gonna be like a love triangle or something, or some kind of domestic dispute with a like a love interest, you know what I mean. I didn't think it was going to have to do with parents. So it's interesting.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get started with medical news. So the world's first vagina museum is open in London. This is a much needed vagina museum because apparently there is one in Iceland that is called the Falliological Museum, which is dedicated to penises. And it's just not fair that we don't have our own vagina museum. So now we do. Listen, nobody wants to be looking at a bunch of phoenixes. IM sorry, So.
Speaker 3: I know, right, just to just to make fun of them maybe, But in this museum there's these cool sculptures of Diva cups and tampons that are covered in glittery red paint. I think I do think it's a great idea for a museum though, because it's talking about a lot of history of things, and it's it's providing some education, and it's talking about like cultural things, which is very interesting to me, like when did pubic hair go out of style? And when you know, like mercans which were pubic tupays and things like that, and labioplasty and smells from the vagina and all these different things that are always controversial but are also cultural, Like some cultures shave all their pubic hair off, some don't shave any things like that. So I think it's I think it's it's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: So reports have come out that a Kentucky water park has been the source of a recent diarrhea outbreak.
Speaker 3: So there's this parasite called cryptosporidium, and it has this really tough outer shell that cannot be penetrated sometimes by things that we would necessarily consider to be like sterilizing things like chlorine that were in the pool, and it is contracted through fecal oral contamination. So someone with it on their butt or on their hands got in the pool, and then somebody's swallowing the pool water and then that's how they're getting this parasite new And it's like, listen, it sounds nasty, but like, what do you think happens in a public pool?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 3: You know, they always say to take a shower before going in the pool. Who the fuck takes a shower before they go into pool?
Speaker 2: Nobody does? Right? No? Do people? Do? People use the bull? I use the pool as the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like you have they always have signs like make sure you take a shower before you go in the pool. So people people just aren't doing that, and you just have. You could just always have like a little bit of residue of poop leftover. It's not like you're going into a body of water with multiple people, especially children that don't even wipe their ass good, Like, what do you seriously, what are you expecting? So when you get this it causes like watery diarrhea for you to pee out of your butt. Basically, Yeah, some people that get it don't get it that bad.
Speaker 2: Other people, you know, it was.
Speaker 3: It makes me think because you know how sometimes there'll be like a couple of days that you just have like the runs like that really bad, and you're like.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's weird.
Speaker 3: If you're pretty healthy, I don't you wouldn't really like maybe realize that you're having a problem. Especially people that have diarrhea once in a while just might be like, Okay, I must have just got a stomach bug. So it's it's it's gross, but like this is what happens, like humans are kind of gross people, you know, or gro gross animals as other animals.
Speaker 2: I'm just confused because in the beginning of the article it describes this as a chlorine resistant I guess parasite, right, And then later in the article it says the water parks shut down to do a quote super chlorination treatment. So if it's chlorine resistant, then well they're saying it is. It's chlorine resistant. But if you shock.
Speaker 3: A pool, right or you put in super hardcore chemicals, people shouldn't be going in it because it's not it's not safe. Yeah, So they're saying that they're putting like some high octane stuff to clear out the pool because for them to drain the pool, and like that would just not happen, especially since it's the end of the season. But they could put chemicals in it. It's just like that's they can't do that every day because otherwise people wouldn't be able to swim in it. So it's just resistant to the levels that we have that are safe for human consumption and swimming. Yeah, I mean, it's it's just it's just gross. But I mean that I I that's why whenever my kids are just not my kids. I think all kids in general are magnets to these water parks.
Speaker 2: Like every time we go on the boardwalk, they're like, I want to go there. I want to go there, in.
Speaker 3: That great Wolf Lodge place, which is the worst place on earth. And like, I don't even know how I got suckered into that, but the whole entire time I was just thinking, like, God is so great.
Speaker 2: I told you before you went that you were going to hate it there, and you were like, it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: Now, I well, I know I'm gonna hate it. I'm not going because I wanted to go. I thought that the kids would like to go. I do a lot of things because the kids want to do them, not because I want to do them, like taking old time pictures on the boardwalk that they try to charge me nine hundred dollars for.
Speaker 2: Side note anyway.
Speaker 3: Like sometimes when you're a mom, you just got to do a bunch of shit you don't want to do.
Speaker 2: That was an uncomfortable look.
Speaker 3: But a memory we will have is a family, so let's so let's explain that. So for Maria and Ricky were down the shore on my birthday and they were like, oh, come calm down for the day and we'll do something or whatever. And we went and I wanted to do these these bike ride things in Kate May, which is it seems really cool. I've never done it, but it's a They they put these specialized bikes on the old railroad and you can like ride these these bikes up the railroad and they didn't have any tickets. So my that was what I wanted to do. So I was like, Okay, next runner up is to get one of those huge bikes put on a surrey that you put on the boardwalk. I thought that that was kind of fun, actually like that that was fine, And then I was like, oh, we can finally get these old time photos done because Lucia has been bugging me to get these photos done for her whole entire life, and since we were all together, I was like, Okay, we could finally do it because we're all together here and we you know, we It just was it was kind of it was just kind of an awkward experience, like putting on all these outfits. And it was funny though for the most part, until until they tried to tell me how much it costs, and then all of a sudden, it got very unfunny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just can't, like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I just especially that there's apps that I could pay ninety nine cents for and probably have gotten our picture just put into all these with some AI shit for ninety nine cents. I just can't see how you're trying to tell me a package of these pictures cost over one thousand dollars. I just was like, I thought it was like a joke.
Speaker 2: No, because you go in and then make you get in these like narstiest close. That's like I don't know where they were, like they were dusty. I don't know what the cleaning protoc with them. I don't know they all smelled weird, and like, of course the men, you know, just get to put these shirts on over their clothes. You and I and the kids have to get completely undressed. I had to sausage my body and do a flapper girl dress that didn't fit me at all, and they're like, I had to put on these weird ass fish nets. Oh yeah, those were discussing.
Speaker 3: They were disgusting, and they didn't even have like a wasst It was just like a leg and a leg and they were all happed that they had thousands of holes in them, and the dress just had ties on the back. So my whole entire ass was hanging out. And then they're like, oh, here's a pair of shorts, So I put on some a random pair of shorts underneath. Like the whole thing was was weird, and it just the whole entire thing was just it was weird. I mean, it was fun and the picture came out funny, but I don't know, just like, for example, they give you a black and white photo, but then if you want it to be Sepia like old fashioned looking, it was fifteen dollars more like for them to hit a button. I'm like, do you know how iPhones work, Like I could change this picture from black and white to CPA right now by hitting a button, well, says, I cost fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: They also take your picture in five different sets, and then they're just like, oh, go up to the computer and like the pictures that you want. So we picked eight shots, and I thought that was just narrowing it down, and then he was like, Okay, it's gonna be nine hundred dollars and we're like, yeah, okay, no, thank.
Speaker 3: You, so and then kept trying so so with the package itself, it was twenty dollars a person and you got one free photo, but it ended up costing a couple hundred dollars anyway just to do that. But he was he said, oh, I could send you all the digital files for one hundred dollars, and I was like, no, yeah, do you want it.
Speaker 2: Like at all of it? Like no matter what I did.
Speaker 3: It was gonna cost five hundred dollars if I got more than that one picture. And I just just like, my kids are holding like a Jack Daniel's bottle right now. I don't even want to hang this up in my house. It's just like everything I'm against all right.
Speaker 1: It just was.
Speaker 2: It just was. It was.
Speaker 3: It was memorable. It was it was we'll never do that again kind of moment.
Speaker 2: Let's get up to this night, okay, and this picture, this picture is never seeing the light of day. I'm sorry. I hate the way my face looks at it. This could be but it was either it was.
Speaker 3: It was the picture of the kids helping us escape from jail or the ones of them smoking cigarettes and drinking whiskey. So, like, which one was I going to choose? I picked the one of the kids breaking us out of jail because that's more likely a scenario for our family.
Speaker 2: This is my my decades, you know, going into my thirties, rat photo. So okay, two years it is not even bad, No, it's not bad. I just the whole experience, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Definitely posting it in like five minutes as soon as we're done rewarding this.
Speaker 2: All right, all right. Two years ago, this guy went to the hospital in Atlanta with a brain bleed and had to have an emergency surgery, and part of that emergency surgery involved removing a portion of his skull.
Speaker 3: Why, all right, So when you go to the hospital, if you have a brain bleed or something. So your skull is very rigid and your brain fills up most of it. So if you have a brain injury and your brain needs to swell up, or if there's blood accumulation in your skull, you need to kind of take a piece of the skull out in order for the brain to be able to swell as big as it needs to get, because if it swells too much and there's no room for it to move out, it'll herniate or press down like into close to your spinal column, and that could shut off your respiratory centers and kill you. So this is why they do it, and they do it a lot. It's called a craniotomy. What's really cool is so you know, Paul is in Indonesia right now for this Tan of Turaja thing, which is this it's a really cool cultural celebration of death, this funeral where they it's really hard to explain. You need to look at his Instagram account because he really documents it well. But basically, they have these really fancy, expensive funerals for people that live in their culture and they're not able to afford them, sometimes for years. So what they do is they keep the family member's dead bodies in their house. They preserve them and mummify them, and they keep them in their house while they're waiting to be able to get to afford these really elaborate funerals, and there's a lot of other things that are done there. But anyway, Paul was in a jungle in Indonesia, right, because this is what my friends do. They're just like in jungles in Indonesia, and he came across the cemetery that had a bunch of skulls laid out just chilling in the woods, and one of them had a skull cap that was replaced with hardware around it. It's like remember in remember in Christmas Vacation where Uncle Eddie knocks on his head because he has a steel plate in his head. Yeah, that's like, that's the kind of thing, except it's they put your your bone that they caught off back on you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So it was just really interesting because last week he was like, what the hell is this? And then I was like, oh, I was explaining to him all about this when this happens. So when they take off this chunk of your bone from your skull, they don't just put it right back on. They keep it off for sometimes weeks. So what do they do with it? They either this is actually really cool, they make a pocket in your abdomen and they like stick it in there for until they need it again, or they deep freeze it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So in this case, we have to assume that they they put it in the deep freezer because if it was in his body, then they wouldn't have had a problem identifying it. So they put it in the deep freezer, and they didn't label it, and apparently in the deep freezer there was like lots of skull flaps that weren't labeled and they didn't know which one was his. So then when they went to go close his skull back up, they had to give him an artificial one like an Uncle Eddie steel plate, right, And he had a lot of issues with it. He had he got infection, and he had to stay in the hospital longer because of it. And on top of that, it's the family saying it costs like one hundred and forty seven thousand dollars for them to be in this extended stay and everything.
Speaker 2: Like that, so we charged for the synthetic one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that so this is like in my opinion, lawsuit worthy rights. Yeah, and so it's funny because I sent this story to Paul and I was thinking the same thing. He's like, well, if you pull a bunch of the skull flaps out of the freezer, like you should be able to figure out which skull flap goes with the guy, because it's like a puzzle piece, right, Like it's there's only going to be one that fits in there perfectly. But but and that's that's probably true, but you can't. You can't do that, yeah, for multiple reasons, Like you you're if it's not your body, then your body can reject it. It's just like you can't take that risk.
Speaker 2: But we're all the other ones in there related to recent patients or had they just been chilling in there. You know what.
Speaker 3: Honestly, what happens is that because this guy had a hemorrhagic stroke, okay, okay, and they're really deadly. It's different than like a stroke that a person they're The most common stroke is inn a schemic stroke when something like your crowded arteries get clogged off and you don't get enough oxygen to your brain. A hemorrhagic stroke is when you have a vessel in your brain that bursts and causes this big accumulation of blood and they're just they're just more deadly. Right, So what happens is when they do these cranny enomies at the hospital and they were obviously they're trying to keep a person alive, but maybe they take off the skull flap and then the person ends up dying and then they never get it back. I mean they should they should send the skull flap with the patient to the mark or to the medical examiner or whatever, because especially for persons having an open casket or something, you kind of need that so they don't have a dent in their head. But that that could possibly be how it's getting lost, is that maybe a body's going to get cremated and they don't even get the other piece of them that's in the fridge. Still, that's all I could assume.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I do agree with you. This is lawsuit worthy. I mean, you certainly shouldn't be getting charged for the synthetic one when it wasn't even your fault in the first place. I mean, they lost it, that's their fault. Yeah, and all the you know, could could they argue that could the hospital argue that he might have had infection and stuff anyway, or was that directly correlated to the synthetic one. But I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he could have had he could have gotten an infection either way. That that really just doesn't matter of it, because you can't really just assume that he would have had an infection either way. I mean, we've gotten these pathology several times that people get them removed and get them replaced with synthetics or whatever. I don't work in neurology, so I don't know what the pros and cons are having the original versus the synthetic, because they have to put plates in your head, you know, to insert to kind of put the puzzle piece back in place, you know. And I do remember one time we got one in pathology and they were like, we need to come take that back because we're going to put it in the patient. We didn't mean to send it down and you're like, okay.
Speaker 2: Not asking any questions.
Speaker 3: So but at any time you put something from the OAR, I mean I just think they put it right in a bag with the patient's name and stuff on it. But listen like, I worked in pathology for a long time and things happen. I've gotten specimens that have no label on them. I've gotten specimens that have another patient's label on them. It's not common, but it happens, you know what I mean. You don't understand how happen. And it's always like some weird circumstance, like a person was working there that doesn't normally work there, or the printer broke and printed to with the same patient and it didn't come out in a row and they ended up taking the wrong labels or something like. Yeah, so that's that's likely what happened, all right, other death news. So for the price of two hundred and twenty three thousand dollars and a fifty five dollars monthly membership, you could freeze your body. This thing is such bullshit, you know that. It's like it's geared towards people that have a fear of death. It's I feel like it's preying on people that want to live forever and have a fear of death and also are rich, right because yeh, normal people don't have that.
Speaker 2: Is that nice? Is it not totally ironic? Because you have to die to do this in hopes of being like reanimated later. As they're trying to advertise it, they've they've already convinced six people and five pets like to do this in the hopes that they could be reanimated in the future. Like, first of all, like, why do you think that you're so important that you need to like be brought back again? It's kind of narcissistic. Well, there's also so they're saying there's six hundred and fifty people on the wait list for this too, and the average age for these people is thirty six. So if you're afraid of dying, you're gonna essentially like you know, die by some form of suicide right at like thirty six year old, to freeze your body and hopes of no no, no, no, no no, I'm confused by this.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, so when so you sign this and when you when you're getting it.
Speaker 2: Can't it can't.
Speaker 3: Happen for everyone because you have to be froze. You have to get frozen as soon as you die, okay, like right after you die, right, So it has to be in a situation like let's say, for example, I was doing an autopsy once on a patient that had MS, and they really wanted to do research on her brain, but they needed it like as fresh as possible taken out of her body, like as soon as possible after she died for whatever research they were doing.
Speaker 2: Right, So they.
Speaker 3: Knew she was dying, and they would call me every couple hours and be like, it's happening soon. It's happening soon, like be ready, it's probably happening tonight. And then it happened, like in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: I had to go. It was I'll never forget.
Speaker 3: It was a Friday night and I was working at the hospital and I was like, all right, I'll stay around till like seven or eight. And then she didn't die, and I was like, all right, I guess she's not going to die till tomorrow or whatever. I'll go in the morning. And then they called me at like midnight and they were like, okay, she died. You have to come in right now and take out her brain. Right. So it's the same kind of thing, like someone needs to be aware that they want this done when they die, and they have to be monitoring it and ready to bring them wherever they need to go to get their body frozen shortly after they die.
Speaker 2: Okay, the way I was perceiving this article, the way it was written, and I don't know, I was writing a lot of notes at the same time. We all know that I'm just a little dumb. So like when I was reading it, you're not dumb.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 2: No. When I was reading it, I was under the assumption that people were scared of dying, so they were essentially like getting this injection to die early so that they could continue living later on in life. Like that's the way I was reading it, is that the average of a thirty six year old was just like, I'll just freeze myself now, so when I'm unfrozen, i'll be my same age, reanimated as they like to.
Speaker 3: No, they just it's just it's just the thirty six year old that thinks they're mister important and they need to live longer than the average person.
Speaker 2: I guess. So I'm thinking it's people being like, well, I want to be young when they, you know, bring me back to life in however many years, So I'm just gonna to freeze myself now. But I was like, that makes no sense that you would kill yourself right now. So like I don't know.
Speaker 3: These people would never kill themselves. They're very opposite of this. So the disturbing part of this procedure is that so once once you die and you're freshly dead, they inject you with what's called medical grade anti freeze so there's not a freezing effect or frozen damage to your tissues, and then they store you in liquid nitrogen like keep you uber uber frozen. And this is all in the hopes that in the future they're going to be able to pull up so you could even just donate your brain and they hope to reanimate it one day. Now, what are they going to do with it after that? They're going to just like take someone's shell of a body and put your brain in it. Like, why why would you even be doing.
Speaker 2: Research for this?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's just not even necessary. But I just think it's I really think it's a scam. It's just to prey on people that have a fear of death.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, And I read something. I read something that said, wait, it's a if a person has successfully revived after the Captain America procedure and their investment hasn't been fully used in treatment, then they get their remaining money back, Like I don't know when, And what's this fifty five dollars monthly fee. Well, it's to store, it's the storage fee. I get that, But like, like, if you're the thing.
Speaker 3: You're paying for, the big thing you're paying for. Well, I think from the company's perspective, that makes sense because let's say you are, especially if you're doing it on a thirty five year old person versus a sixty five year old person, Like a thirty five year old person, if they pay for it now, well no, no, no, I'm lying because you wouldn't have to start paying for it until you die, So I'm lying.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't, But who's paying for it if you're dead? That's the So this whole thing is totally confusing to me. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's like some automatic subscription service that you're found.
Speaker 2: I don't know. And what if they figure it out in two years, but then they don't reanimate you for ten years, so then you're paying fifty five dollars a month or ten years. This is this is a scam if I've ever heard one. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I really don't know how the how the business would collect money afterwards. That's interesting. Actually, it would have to come from trust. I would listen if the if the business is making fifty five dollars a month off of all these people, why would they ever figure out how to reanimate them? Because once they did, yeah, then it's like no, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because what if what if they figured it out quick and then they just are like, we're not going to get to you for a couple of years and then you just keep paying the fee. I don't know, I don't I don't like it one bit. Praying, praying on people's if he dies, he dies, if phobias, Yeah, all right. Last year in California, a woman had been admitted to the hospital after having a diabetic episode. So first I wanted to ask, like, what what could that be a diabetic episode?
Speaker 3: She probably so it looks like she has a history of diabetes, and she probably just had like a really extremely high blood sugar. I think during that hospital visit she ended up getting an amputation of some sorts or had some kind of wound on her foot.
Speaker 2: So you know that.
Speaker 3: That's definitely a risk if especially if you have I mean, because she's young, thirty one, but she obviously has some kind of uncontrolled diabetes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So during this visit, she calls her mother and says, can you come pick me up? And then the mom shows up to the hospital and they're like, oh, she checked herself out even though the doctors told her not to. So after this point the family, she essentially goes missing, and the family's looking for her for an entire year. They have no idea where she is. They're under the assumption because the hospital told her that she checked out, that she left. They don't know anything. They're assuming the absolute worst. And it turns out that after a year, the family was alerted by police that she had actually been in the morgue of the hospital the entire time, over a year.
Speaker 3: I don't I just don't know how this happened. They're saying that she was in an off site warehouse Morgan in California.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the hell that is.
Speaker 3: I know, like every single hospital that I've ever worked at, and granted it's only been in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, so I can't say what happens in the rest of the country. But when we have a body that doesn't get picked up for like a week, like not a very long time. I think our limit was at the one hospital I worked at, was like seven days. Like, if that body doesn't get picked up by a funeral home in seven days, we call the medical examiner, and the medical Examiner's office comes, yeah and takes the body.
Speaker 2: And didn't we cover in the interview we did about that book the unclaimed that only they hold onto the bodies for about like ninety days or something and then they are automatically cremated if nobody claims them. Yeah, And didn't that book take place in California?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I My whole point of saying this, though, is that I don't know what an off site warehouse morgue is because in the hospital, like at the bigger hospitals that I've worked at, we had an off room for like six to ten bodies in some different locations, and then smaller hospitals might only be able to fit like one or two bodies.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Like when they don't fit the bodies anymore, we would just call the medical examiner and just be like, we don't have anywhere to put bodies we need because they because at the medical Examiner's office they have like huge walk in fridges that they could accommodate more bodies, right, So I never heard of a hospital having an off site morgue like that. That's weird to me. So it doesn't it doesn't make any sense. And I also don't know how somehow paperwork said that what happened was the lady was probably like, I want to leave, but then and maybe she was going to leave, because you know, when you're getting ready to leave the hospital, it still takes two hours for them to do your paperwork.
Speaker 2: Maybe she maybe she died in that period. So she she died two hours after the phone call. So that's what their records reflect, is that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's probably what happened. Then she she died while right, yeah, like she said she was going to leave or something I don't know.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the discharge like period. Then she died. But you know, then they're saying to the parents, oh, she did leave, but she never actually left. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's just something that doesn't make sense here, because, like, let's say that happened at any any of the hospitals I worked at. The body went to the morgue at some point, because why would it go to an off like an off in a warehouse, it would go down to the refrigerator that's in the hospital because that's the nurse would have to bring the body down there, right, That's just what happens. So then me, the person that works in the morgue would be like, Okay, there's a body here and I don't have paperwork for it.
Speaker 2: Who is this? Ye? Right? And then the investigation would start that day. Well, so they it just doesn't make sense to me. It said they didn't fill out her death certificate for an entire year, which like how and then the police notified the family. So I'm thinking, like, is there like some major scandal going on there where the police had to get involved and then they discovered these people? And how many people are dying at the hospital that it requires an off site morgue? Like how many people could you keep? You worked at a major hospital, so like how many people could fit in that more there? Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, because the hospital was old, we were only able to hold six bodies. But then we had another little hospital that was attached. I had a fridge that could hold two to three bodies, and sometimes a rare times we had to use that as like an overflow. It usually happened like on Memorial Day weekend or something because we were closed for a three day weekend and then we just didn't have that extra day to like release bodies to the funeral home and stuff that was that particular hospital.
Speaker 2: But most hospital.
Speaker 3: Security releases them, so it happens every single day. But I like, I just I really just don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why there was why there is an overflow, because you would assume that when there's bodies that aren'tetting picked up, they're going to the medical Examiner's office.
Speaker 2: So could you could you see a world in which that they had a similar situation where they had like another smaller house hospital taking them and they were referring to that as an off site site morgue, Like they're just not correctly addressing it.
Speaker 3: Listen, anything could have happened. But the thing is is that there's whoever was working I guess this is my point, whoever was working at this other morgue.
Speaker 2: Why why weren't.
Speaker 3: They like who is this yeah? And why aren't they getting picked up? And they should be Like when we had people that weren't picked up for only two days, I would start calling around and being like, cause you have information and family members phone numbers and stuff, and you know when you fill out those papers when you go in the hospital, like who's an emergency contact? I would start calling people and being like, did you start setting up funeral arrangements? We only could keep her here for another five days and then she's gonna have to get transported to the Medical Examiner's office. Do you want to send somebody over here? Like figure this out? And then it Sometimes they would be like, oh, we can't financially, we can't do it. We're just trying to figure it out. Just give us a couple more days. And we would always bend and accommodate people as much as we could. But then there were other times where people you just clearly knew that nobody was ever coming to get them, so we were like, all right, well we'll just send them to the emme's office. And and that's that. That's why I don't understand hospital wise, But whoever worked there should have should have just been just know, like been trying to figure out like why nobody was picking this person up? Well, yeah, and like why did I don't So I don't know what I don't know what what goes on over there? Like I never worked over there. It says a Sacramento County Detective's office is the or the people that notified the family, So like a what point did the detective get involved? Like they clearly didn't have information about her or something, and then they were saying she was really decomposed and there the whole thing is. The thing is when you with refrigeration, though, is that it slows down decomposition, but it doesn't stop it. So for example, I have like a little mini fridge outside that I put some like pork in like three weeks ago that I was cooking on the grill that I was like, oh, I'll just stick it in there for a minute until I go in the house and then I just forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: And like Gabe opened up the freezer the other day the fridge and was just like what the f Like it smells terrible backyard. Yeah That's what I'm saying though, but like a raw person in the fridge, like the if the pork was on the counter like sitting outside, it would have smelled in a day, but it took a couple of weeks for that to happen. Outside because it was in the refrigerator, you know what I mean, the same thing happens to people like it slows it down, but it doesn't stop it. So you're going to be if you're in a refrigerator and you're dead for a year, you're going to be decomposed.
Speaker 2: Well, the family suing, which I would agree with this, I.
Speaker 3: Think it is a hundred I one hundred percent agree with this, and it's it's like multiple departments and they need they have a procedure problem here of who's in charge here, who's in charge here. That's why I'm so mind blown by it because every single hospital I worked, there's so many boxes to check between departments, so something like this could never happen that I can't even understand how it happens. It has to be a failure on the part of multiple different people working at this place, not just one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean just.
Speaker 3: They absolutely should sue, and I'm sure there's a detective involved because it's probably likely that there's other people that are having issues with this as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: People came forward saying that, I mean, I don't know, this has to still be proven, but they're saying this is not the first time this hospital has mishandled the decedent. So I'm wondering if this is going to expose some really large problem they're having their.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to our last story. So this one's local to us out of West Philly. So last week Agaen sent me this.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh Jen sent you this, so and I was like, oh, this this has a good learning tidbit to it.
Speaker 2: So last week a woman said she began smelling something really horrible near her house. So finally this past Sunday, it just kept getting worse over the week and she went to investigate it, and in this park behind her house, she found a decomposing body hanging from a tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I like, listen, there could be lots of different things that happened here, but I think we could safely roll out a natural cause of death. It's more than likely suicide, and the person probably just hung themselves and or hanged themselves and that's it, like they just got found that in that way. I mean it could be a homicide as well too, but I think that it's pretty safe to say that we could roll out a natural cause of death or an accident cause it day. Yeah, though you never know, I guess, but I mean this, This happens sometimes because people don't want their family members to find them, so they go out into the woods and they do something like this, and they'll send the body to the medical examiner's office and they'll do an autopsy and see what the cause of death was. They'll be able to tell by the ligature mark on the neck if it's if there's enough soft tissue left, which there probably is, if it smelled that bad, and they'll be able to see, you know, the scene and everything. They'll take pictures and see how everything looked, if there was like a chair underneath the body, for example, or so something like that. So it's it's unfortunate that someone had to find somebody like that. No, it's very disturbing to see.
Speaker 2: Okay, on New Questions of the Day every Friday at the at Mother Knows Death Instagram account, we put up a story and you guys could ask what every question you want. So first, what's a medical word that people always mispronounced that drives you nuts? This person says, there's is larynx? Did I say it? Ritt?
Speaker 3: I know, I'm like, so, Okay, this is an interesting story. So when I went to I was at the medical examiner's office on one of my rotations and we went to I went to court with one of the medical examiners who was testifying on a manual strangulation case, and he was talking about everything that happened when you get strangled and stuff like that, and then the defense attorney he kept saying, so.
Speaker 2: You're mean to say when they squeezed the.
Speaker 3: Larnings, and he kept saying larnings, and then it just was it just sounded so bad because he kept mispronouncing it. And I'm like, you're not trying to win your case because you act like you don't even really know what you're talking about because you're not even saying the word right. Kind of Yeah, But I like, I honestly, I don't. I don't get annoyed when people mispronounce stuff because I'm mispronounced everything all the time. I get that from my father. I don't quite have it as bad as him, but he's also almost eighty, so I'm slowly getting there. I'm not too much of a you know, on people like that, but that the the larynx thing is what made me think of the LARNNX story because a lot of people do say LARNNX.
Speaker 2: So do you have a word that people no, I don't. I don't. I don't care when people like I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I honestly I don't like that because like when I was, when I was growing up and stuff, It's just like I feel like I've heard adults like kind of correcting my dad if he says something wrong, or like people correct me if I'm said something wrong, and I just think, you know, pop Up has this line that's like what's the difference, and it's true.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know what I meant? Like who cares like it? It's it's just like there's bigger I don't know. I just don't really care. Okay, So this list asked I can queef on demand what is the pathology behind us? So they're asking what the pathology behind that is and is it air going into her uterus?
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, there's not really I wouldn't consider it. It's not the same as like a fart, because a fart is created is bacteria that's in the bow that's creates gas and that's what comes out and that's why it smells. Because it's from bacteria breaking down the food. But there's no bacteria inside of the uterus under normal circumstances, so it's not cause of that. It's more because of air that gets pushed up there. So I think in women that have never given childbirth vaginally and their cervical oss is pretty that's like the opening to get up inside the uterus is pretty closed tight, they are less likely to experience a quef I hate that word, though, I do a vaginal fart, flagulence, whatever you want to call it, because air has a harder time getting up there. But if you have a cervical os that has been opened because a baby came through it, and it's a little bit wider, and then you do things like insert tampons or sex or dildos or anything, you're like pushing air up into there. Then it goes up into the uterus and then like if you sit down or something, it could just come out and it sounds like a fart, but just really it's just a transfer of air. And you know, again, congrats that you could do that, that you could do that on command. There is a rare circumstance where that could be a like pathology and sometimes you can get something called a fistula, which is a communication between either the bladder, so the bladder sits in front of your vagina and your rectum sits on the other side of your vagina, which is like why when you get your period you get that weird butthole.
Speaker 2: Pain and stuff, you know.
Speaker 3: But sometimes there could be a communication between the ractum and the vagina where the bladder in the vagina, so like p would come out of your vagina, or poop can come out of your vagina, which could cause gas to come out of your vagina.
Speaker 2: But that would be.
Speaker 3: Obviously like a more serious situation, but that doesn't happen very often, so it's more than likely you just have like a big open cervical oss that's letting the air in when you have sex or and then you could push it out.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, last question, what are our favorite things to discuss.
Speaker 3: Like when like on the show? Probably so this is this is an interesting question.
Speaker 2: So I had one of our.
Speaker 3: Grocery members that's that's very active in the grocer room, had sent me a story this week about a terrible case that would fit underneath of the true crime section. I'll just tell you about it. It just had something to do with like parents handcuffing their child and like letting a pit bull attack the child, and there's this like I had it there and then I took it out because I'm just like, you know what, I know that we talk about a lot of heavy, upsetting material, but there's certain things that I just don't even we can't even talk about and like try to make it lighthearted, and I just I'm choosing not to even add certain stories in anymore because they're so gross and disturbing, and especially with like children getting abused and things like that. So we my like, my favorite story in the true crime section this week is the guy singing the Tina Turner songs like fun like not very disturbing, but at the same time kind of funny or unusual or things like that. And obviously, like I love medical stuff, so anything that has to do with anything medical or natural pathology is my favorite to talk about on this show, how about you.
Speaker 2: I like the celebrity category a lot, just because I'm very naturally into pop culture stuff. True crime, again, like it's it's very heavy, so those stories aren't always easy to talk about. But sometimes when we get into some of the more you know, like sensationalized cases like Brian Koberger and stuff. I enjoy talking about those because they're so involved. My favorite kinds of talk about are probably ones like you know on this week's episode, like the yacht sinking, just because there's so many like layers to the story, and even that one might be at face value, but when, for example, like when the uh Titanic or the tight and submersible thing happened last year, Like, those stories to me are so weird and unusual and one of a kind situations that I find them very fascinating. So another question we got that I had cut was was are there cases that you've been interested in but then when you started looking into it, you've started like getting really invested in deep diving. And I would say, those are the cases things like that that are weird and sensationalized and don't happen often and you know, just have like a million things going on behind the scenes, like I could have. I know you found the yacht story boring, but I probably couldn't.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is why this is maybe why our podcast works, because I have like absolutely no interest in that story. It makes me want to fall asleep when you're talking about it's just like, okay, like I don't know just you, you're you're you, You've been like this your whole life, Like you're very into like.
Speaker 2: What celebrities are doing, person like that you are, and I'm just like, who gives a fuck? Like they're regular, Like I don't. I don't roll over. You know.
Speaker 3: People are always like what celebrity would you want to meet? And this and that, and I'm just like, I don't care that. It does nothing for me. But Maria is just like the kind of person that would cry at a Beatles concert.
Speaker 2: Like I don't do that anymore. And I hate the Beatles. Sorry controversial statement. I don't like them.
Speaker 3: Well, I love them, so yeah, I know that my chemical romance is just like way more usually talented thirteen. When I tried I like them, you I still like. No.
Speaker 2: I never said I didn't like them. I listened to them all the time. I cried when I was thirteen years old at their concert.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I think that's why our dynamic work. So because like for me, the medical stories are painful for me to write notes, I don't care about half of them, so that's like your favorite category. Where for me, I was late writing notes today because I was searching the yacht story alone for probably like an hour and a half, so I could.
Speaker 3: Have done we're really into the the Titanic one was was semi interesting me for five minutes, but then all the stuff that kept coming out, like I just like, I just I don't know, I just kind of turn off, like I don't care.
Speaker 2: When that happened that week, I was going on vacation to Tennessee for a week and we decided to cover it. It happened, I think a couple of days. It happened a week before I was leaving on a Tuesday to go on vacation, and we decided Saturday we were going to do it is the dissection that week. So I was like, okay, like on Sunday, because I want to make sure I get all my stuff done before I leave, I'm going to just do it my quick write up about it. And of course it ended up being like a twelve hour day for me because then as I started researching more and more and more, all this other crazy shit started coming out about you know, how the thing was made, And then I'm like I can't just write a quick summary about this, like I have to. I have to write everything about it. And then everybody thought it exploded, but then it imploded and then that had a whole different element to it and the water pressure, Oh my god, Like just like, who cares, Kara, I think these stories are so fascinating, Okay, but on that they are. On that note, uh, we will be back eventually with six shocking stories. So make sure to submit your shocking story to stories at Mothernosdeath dot com. And don't forget to join the giveaway for the giant microbes so you can go on Apple Podcast. Leave us a written review. It does not count if it's not a written review. Screenshot your submission if you forget when you submit it. Sometimes it takes a day or two for it to pop up, so make sure to screenshot it. Once it's up, send us an email with it to the stories at Mothernosdeath dot com email and we will announce winners in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews, honestly, and so I think this week on Thursday, we're going to do another news episode because we didn't record for what it's been a while since we did the last news episode.
Speaker 2: We didn't record last week, so we had a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a lot of stories which I moved over for Thursday, so we have still have and whatever is going to happen in the next three days, which you never know in.
Speaker 2: This crazy world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, Well we'll be back on Thursday with some more news stories. Thanks for being here, guys. Bye, Thank you for listening to Mother nos Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologists assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show, my website, and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room, or hospital. Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks