Speaker 1: First Date is follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Lorena is on the phone today for a First Date follow up. She's getting ghosted by a dude named Ben, so in a few minutes we'll call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Serena, how long has it been since you heard from Ben?
Speaker 3: It's uh, it's been about three weeks.
Speaker 4: Have you been trying to reach out to him?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I have been.
Speaker 2: Was the last time I tried to reach out to him? It was this morning?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: And still nothing?
Speaker 3: Guys, Yeah, you know, times are desperate. What can I say? But you know I haven't heard I haven't heard back from him yet.
Speaker 2: Have you been blowing him up?
Speaker 3: I've tried not to, but honestly, like I haven't really been able to stop thinking about him.
Speaker 5: For the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it must have been a really good date if you haven't been able to stop thinking about him and you still want to get in contact with him.
Speaker 3: It was I mean, it was pretty like traditional, but I really like it because it didn't feel like the apps, you know, like it was really nice. Like our plan was dinner and drinks and then maybe a little mini golf.
Speaker 4: Okay, and is that what you did?
Speaker 3: Well, we did dinner and drinks, but we didn't quite make it to the mini golf part.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Probably stuff we didn't want to do in public. You know, we definitely hooked up.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you didn't make it to the mini golf because you guys made it to do something else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotch Were you at his place or yours?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: We were at mine?
Speaker 4: So what happened there?
Speaker 5: I think everything was fine.
Speaker 3: I mean I had a great time, and you know, I don't think it was my place. I try to keep things pretty clean. But you know, I don't know, he was maybe bit of a germophobe.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just worried that maybe the hookup was bad for him or maybe I mean, maybe he has a girlfriend.
Speaker 5: I don't know. There's my mind has been kind of running wild.
Speaker 1: Did it seem like that was just kind of one of those things like leading up to you guys going out, that it was just kind of be maybe more of a you know, one time deal.
Speaker 3: I didn't get that feeling, but maybe I was reading into it.
Speaker 2: How did you leave things? Like? Did he stay the night? Did he leave right after high five? Fist bomb?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know. It was fine.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't think we left things weird, like he did stay over?
Speaker 5: He left the next morning, and.
Speaker 2: He left normal. He didn't like, you know, wake up and then try to sneak out or rush out like he didn't want to talk to you.
Speaker 5: No, don't, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Did he stay by? Were you still asleep?
Speaker 3: It all seemed very I don't know how else to describe it. It's like we clicked so well and I didn't get any weird feelings. And when he left he said bye. He didn't he didn't fist bump me or anything.
Speaker 2: And you've been trying to get ahold of him a lot for three weeks. Has he responded to anything.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't heard from him at all.
Speaker 2: That's not a good sign. Okay, we'll try to figure it out for you. Then we'll play a song, come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you, and hopefully get you another date if you still want. Okay, Okay, all right, Well play a song, Come Back, get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of our first date follow up, if you're just joining us, Serena is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Vince. We're about to call him and see if we can get him to tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Serena, why don't you catch us up on your situation.
Speaker 3: So we had a fantastic date. Everything went well, the chemistry was amazing. We had all the pieces, emotional and a goal. But I haven't heard from him for about three weeks now, and.
Speaker 2: You have no idea why he hasn't answered anything since he left her house that morning. No, I don't know how many times have you tried to get ahold of him? Just like ballpark?
Speaker 3: I mean too many times, I guess if I had to put a number on it, you know.
Speaker 4: Where he lost his phone for three weeks though? To ignore somebody that much, though, I mean, if you had a great time, you would find a way to get.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, you would. All right, Well, let's see, let's see if we get a hotel.
Speaker 6: So you're ready for us to call him, Yeah, let's do it okay.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi man, speak to Ben. Please.
Speaker 7: This is Ben Ben.
Speaker 2: Hey man, how are you? My name is Jewbell. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 4: Hi Ben, I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 7: Hi. What's up? Good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing great? Just hanging out awesome.
Speaker 2: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 7: I can't say that I really have. What is just about?
Speaker 2: No worries? We do a segment on our show it's called the first Date follow Up. What that is is if where you go out on a day with someone and you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're being ghosted. So we got an email about you from one of our listeners. I see, okay, you have any idea who might be trying to get a hold of you that you've been ghosting?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I have an idea.
Speaker 4: Who do you think it is?
Speaker 7: Holly? Is it Serena?
Speaker 2: You are one hundred percent correct? Congratulations. We don't have anything to give you for being correct, but yes, it's Serena. She told us about your date. She said that she thought things went really well and great actually, and said she liked you a lot, but she's confused because you haven't talked to her for like three weeks and she's wondering what the reason is.
Speaker 4: Did you lose your phone?
Speaker 7: No, I shouldn't lose my phone. I mean the day was really good. You know, we just had great conversation, clearly connected.
Speaker 2: Okay, it sounds like a good reason to go somebody to me.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, to be honest, it was the uh hands, she has really wet hands.
Speaker 2: She has wet hands.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I you know, it's just a kind of a personal pet peeve of mine and I just like, I don't know, a little bit of a termophobe.
Speaker 7: I like, keep eating clean and nice.
Speaker 2: And like how wet are the hands?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: Like where you would go to one?
Speaker 7: I mean it was it was pretty moist.
Speaker 8: I mean I remember one time she h came and like caressed my face, and I swear to god, I thought it was it was like a dog looking.
Speaker 7: My eyes closed. Nothing against her, you know.
Speaker 8: I guess that that's sometimes like a thing and a condition, but I don't know, it's just not really for me. I figured it would just be easier to say away from.
Speaker 4: That It's like, what if it was just nerves.
Speaker 1: It's the first time she spend time with you, so she got nervous and maybe a little anxiety and got sweaty palms.
Speaker 4: That's supposed to be cute. That's a compliment. She was so into you made her palm sweaty.
Speaker 7: That's true.
Speaker 8: But I don't know, it's just I guess I didn't really want to continue that.
Speaker 7: After that, I just couldn't get the hands out of my head.
Speaker 1: And you can treat that, though, But you can treat that. You can get botox in your hands to make it stop. Well, if you really like somebody, there's ways to get around sweaty hands.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm not sure we can do. I mean some people maybe, but I don't know if we can't. She can't. Okay, it was almost.
Speaker 8: Supernatural, how much moisture was coming out of it. I was very almost concerned about it. I mean, I've shicken hands with people. Yes, I'm a bit of a German folk, but I mean this was like on a whole other level, and.
Speaker 2: You just can't. You can't overlook the sweaty palms.
Speaker 8: Honestly, No, I mean I'm a bit of a particular guy, and we all have our things, you know, so.
Speaker 2: So you're not might be a sweaty palm person, you know what I mean. It's like, hey, I'm I'm I like but I like sweaty palms. It's not you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, thank you for telling us. Appreciate it, and I will let you know now though, that Serena is actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Oh my god. I I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I know that my hands get super sweaty, but only when I'm nervous.
Speaker 5: I promise they're not like that all the time. I promise.
Speaker 3: I was just I was so excited and really nervous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: I I kind of feel bad now just not even talking to you about it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an awkward conversation to have, Like I feel like that would be a weird thing to ask somebody on a first date.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to say, like, I totally get it, and I mean I really like you and I thought we had a lot of fun. I mean, you could you could tell how much I like you. You could feel it when I.
Speaker 1: Touched you, how much I love It's actually really sweet.
Speaker 8: You know, I guess I never I never was able to take that as a compliment, but you know, to how your horizons brought and you know, I never really thought that, uh, sweaty Palms could be refined for me. But you know, I really had an amazing time on our date too.
Speaker 7: And you know I really thought about great connection.
Speaker 2: Look at that, Serena. You're helping change his whole outlook on sweaty Palms. When would you like to go out with Serena again? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah I would, I would, honestly.
Speaker 1: Another lesson here. Three weeks does not mean it's over. You just keep calling until you get ahold of Thatson.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Serena.
Speaker 3: We'll figure something out for the sweaty Palms. Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe next time we'll just look up in the shower.
Speaker 7: I know what. That sounds really great? All right?
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 5: Jubile's first date follow up