Speaker 1: But I invited you here. Thought I made myself perfectly clear. But you're a guest to my home. You gotta come to me empty And I said, no guests, you're o presences presents enough.
Speaker 2: I already had too much stuff, So how.
Speaker 1: Did you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 3: Welcome to I said, no gifts, I'm pretcher Winneker. We are here. I forgot to eat lunch, and I'm looking for someone to blame. It is past my lunch hour. My blood sugar is falling rapidly, but I had a little cheese, so that'll kind of carry me through. I had a thought on the way here that I wanted to say on the podcast, and I forgot what it was. I guess that's just another incredible thought you've been robbed of I did the other night. I've gotten back into house Hunters. This is what I'm going to say. Gay people should not be allowed on house Hunters.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see gay people anywhere on house Hunters.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work. I don't think homosexuals should be allowed to shop for homes on TV. It's not There's something about it that just doesn't click for me. So let's stop that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that's about I got a big new bottle of vitamins. I'm sure taking them is going to change nothing, but it's nice to have something to do. I think that's it. Patreon Patreon dot com slash. I said, no gifts. I don't need to tell you anything more about that. You've heard. It's time to get over there. Okay, let's get into the podcast. Today's guest is just fantastic. It's John Dailey, John welcomed. I said, no.
Speaker 4: Gifts, richer, thank you so much, thanks for having met Ah. Yeah, thanks. I forgot to eat lunch too, you did, Yeah, I did? And I had some nuts outside. What kind of nuts in the green room? You know, the kind of ones that are a little bit like a weird texture because they're in that plastic bagh and they come with cranberries you don't want. Nobody wants the cranberries. But then they come with a dark chocolate and you do want that. This is a Trader Joe's thing, is it Trader Joe's. Yeah, yes, I've recently kind of gotten into this because I've gotten more into Greek yogurt.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Greek yogurt and probably the best yogurt.
Speaker 3: Have you had faiye before Greek yogurt? Yeah? I hadn't had this until just recently, and I can't believe how much I love this stuff.
Speaker 4: Of course, it's faiya. It's not phage. It's not like yiro is yero. It's the g is a hy.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that you pronounced zero that way zero, because that's how I pronounce it. And I feel like it's kind of a mission of mine to help people understand that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I grew up in Queens, so I grew up coming to all these diners where I had to say Euro just kidding from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: It's a lot. But did you have a lot of Greek food around you? No? Somewhere Did you learn problem Greece? Greece?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, I never learned. Really, I'll say Gyro depending on where I am. I feel pretentious if I say euro Can I have a Euro? It just sounds weird.
Speaker 5: Give me a.
Speaker 3: Gyron with like extra ketchup. You know, I grew up with around a lot of Greek people in Utah, and so I just was always Eero to me. Utah Greeks have so many Greeks in Utah, like a Greek restaurant on every block. Essential really okay? So and then in La there's not a lot of Greek food. So there used to be Papa Cristo's gone, the Great Greek Grill gone. Yeah, where am I supposed to?
Speaker 5: Eero this? There's good Mediterranean stuff down by Scientology.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: Interesting, But there's that one place. It's you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, celebrity Saffy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly, you know.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it's pretty good. That place is like you're paying, it's not like it's nice. You got to go to Scoffs similar.
Speaker 3: Yes, very good. Yeah, but yeah, it's right there by the Celebrity Center. You can see scientologists kind of doing free work. Yeah. I'm down there anyways, washing windows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wash windows. I just do grout, grout work and drywall. Have you been in there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I did the tour in New York when I was there.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I haven't been to this New York location. Is that the one in uh Times Square? Okay? What was that like?
Speaker 4: Well, they take you on a little tour and show you a film, and it's really great. I think everyone should get into it.
Speaker 3: I've I've been into the Blue one here I've been. I took the tests, I went through the whole process and the celebrity center, right, and the one common theme is they need to crack a window. There's no ventilation in either of those buildings. Really wow, stuffy, Yeah, I don't know what that's about.
Speaker 4: How about AC, How about you spend some of this crazy amount of money apparently you have.
Speaker 3: They do have so much money, and what are they spending it on? Real estate? Yeah? I mean that's why they have so much money. And rape trials yeah, yes, honestly. And then they're like, uh, famously weird commercials they're Super Bowl commercials actually, and.
Speaker 5: They have a TikTok.
Speaker 4: They have a handsome they have a handsome young man on TikTok. That's like treating it like it's real cool and I love it. I keep doing this with this handsome guy. How have I not found this yet? It's like a guy that's on TikTok first Church of Scientologist TikTok, and he's like, does.
Speaker 3: Scientologists believe in God? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But be whatever religion you are and then come with us to be this.
Speaker 4: It's like, what, okay, It's kind of like Unitarian Universalists, right, so you can go to Unitarian and be Jewish or Christian bringing you bring your own thing, but you're kind of worshiping together, and it's all kind of like assume that you're a little bit smarter than most people are.
Speaker 3: The only thing that's scientology the only thing I see on TikTok related to scientology. I don't know if you've seen this. As the teens who are speed running scientology.
Speaker 5: That's the best thing in the world.
Speaker 3: I keep doing it. It makes me feel so hopeful for teens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's incredible, and it's a safe thing to buzz like you know or whatever buzz I just said buzz, But you know, like just going in it's like, what are they going to kill your, arrest you? Then they'll look bad. So kids keep doing it. I just saw I think kids should have more mischief, you know. And I was just I live near a college campus, and so I walk my dog every time on this on this college campus.
Speaker 3: And there were some kids.
Speaker 4: There were three kids, and they had two of them had those like silent Super seventy six electric bike, right, and then one kid had the loudest bike, mini bike, old school minibike, fat tires that I have ever seen. And these kids were clearly scoping out they were gonna buzz this area of students. And this kid had the loudest, most obnoxious, freaking bike I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: He was like.
Speaker 4: And he went across the campus and I was like watching them plan and then do this. I was like stopping, just watching, Oh man, these idiots are doing this. And he buzzed it and everyone was like, hey, stop it, stop it. You know, he got really pissed. He was like twelve, and then he turned around and went back and buzzed it and he like like almost like hit a five year old. Oh child, and this you know, I was so in supportive of this until I still support it.
Speaker 5: But he didn't because he didn't hurt anybody.
Speaker 4: The kid started crying and the and the dad was like, hey, asshold, come on, come back here. And then the kid just very business like, meets up with his friends and they're and they're going yeah, yeah, all right, all right, yeah yeah cool, let's do it again. And I was like, and I literally I went, guys, you can't do it again. The cops are gonna come. That's how you get caught. You do it once and then you come back in a week and.
Speaker 5: Do it again.
Speaker 3: Yes, you get to You just made it through. You just made a child cry.
Speaker 4: And I was looking at these guys and they tried it again and they got and immediate cops. And I was just happy to see kids that weren't on their phones. I love teen Mischief so much. It's great.
Speaker 3: Hurt you some team. This shifts. Oh yeah, I mean obviously, like we were toilet papering houses. That's a good that's a nice one. I saw a house in Pasadena recently covered in toilet paper. Really it made me feel great again. I was like, good for whatever teen is doing this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get off the screens, get the toilet paper, make it wet. We were going into public pools, which was always thrilling late at night, sneaking into a pool.
Speaker 3: What else would we do? Those were the kind of the two big kind of thrilling ones, just doing something late at night that feels like not a restable behavior right where you would maybe get yelled at.
Speaker 4: We used to sit behind a bush and throw water balloons up and toss them and hit cars at red light. And then we did an extremely dangerous thing which I don't recommend to anybody, which is you know, three man sling shot, No, three man slingshots like a huge rubber band, like oversized rubber band, and one person holds the thing and then two people walk away and make this huge catapult and we would catapult oranges and apples and stuff onto moving cars and hit them and they would like skid out in a and we were like, aha, meanwhile, this person feels like they're going to die, Like it's really dangerous. Yeah, And we were like, you know, half a mile away because these things shoot so far right, we're totally safe. Just lobbing shat windshield, Yeah, somebody, And it's like, literally, it's deadly dangerous anytime.
Speaker 3: I still whenever I go under one of those pedestrian bridges, I'm like, there's gonna be a teen up there that throws something on my car and I'm going to lead to my death.
Speaker 4: This happened to me, and this year was almost like penance for doing all these oranges.
Speaker 5: I was driving to a hockey game. I played hockey in high school.
Speaker 4: I was driving after school, driving me and this guy, Mike Castillo to hockey practice. And we were driving and I was in my car that me and my brother shared not a great car, Honda Civic hatchback, and somebody threw a boulder off of one of those things and it hit the windshield, spidered, it shattered it.
Speaker 5: And bounced off because it goes but it's spidered.
Speaker 4: And so I opened my window which is rolling down, and I'm looking and driving off the highway, and then we had to like punch out parts, which didn't really work, so we just had to make it a little bit visible enough. But I was like, this person wanted to kill me, and then I've done the same basic thing. So, but there's something about dropping it off a highway over that's you want to kill people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's something where it's like, you know, ultimately something dangerous will happen and you're gonna watch it unfold. Yeah, that person's probably like hurting cats.
Speaker 4: Yes, of course they've already hurt cats. They've graduated to a highway desk.
Speaker 3: This is a new project, right. Yeah. A friend would do a thing, my friend Don, as we would drive through intersections and this like if someone did this to me now, I would cut them out of my life immediately. But as we were headed through the intersection, would begin screaming Wow, the way. That's so dangerous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's really dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's also kind of funny that a teen's doing that. It's just like, ah, you what could I mean you would swerve out of the way. That's rough. Yeah, but the temptation is always like kind of there when I'm a passenger in a car, just like you can. That's something terrifying you can do to anybody. Yeah. Do you like scaring people, like jumping out and scaring.
Speaker 4: Huh, that's interesting. Do I like jumping out and scaring people? I just did a surprise birthday party for my friend okay, and he was surprised in.
Speaker 3: A way that was not positive.
Speaker 4: Oh how he was on guard as if he was being robbed, and genuinely he was coming home with his family, so it wasn't like okay, he had his baby daughter and then his wife and then his his actual like father was there, and so he just walked in and he was like what the fuck?
Speaker 5: What the oh?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Like the surprise, it was like surprise.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, just like a very adult like don't do surprise parties after a while, Like just like what's happening.
Speaker 5: In my home. Oh god, ah my every friend I've ever had is here. Okay, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, and that's what you want. That's kind of the reaction you want as out of a surprise. Otherwise it's them faking it, which is not interesting or fun. It's like, well then they kind of just new and so now it's like they're acting for you. Yeah. On the opposite end, they're generally scared. I think's super scared. Yeah, they're ready to defend their family. Yeah yeah, yeah, but everybody needs that feeling every once in a while. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's scary to think you're not going to be in a large social situation and to be forced into one. That's another scared My gosh, Like, oh, I'm going to come home and relax. Oh, I'm talking to people hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you have to like take them in at Yeah. The prep I have to do for a social situation is a couple hours in advance. Yeah, I'm doing research on all the people to think of something to talk about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, figuring out a project. I can mention you were great on this ingrats. I never watched.
Speaker 3: That's how you that's how you buzz that's.
Speaker 4: How you schmooze, that's how you network, how you get it done in this town.
Speaker 3: You can't do that at a surprise party.
Speaker 5: No, no, yeah, you're off kilter.
Speaker 3: How are you going to get jobs? It's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Have you had a surprise party in the past? I have? Yeah, And did you enjoy it?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 4: It was small and it was very manageable, and it was just in an age where I was like, uh, you know, you're in your twenties. You're like, oh, should I kill myself or or should I quit life walk into the ocean?
Speaker 5: And then surprise and it's it's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, people do Okay, that's invigorating people like me.
Speaker 4: They these people actually yeah they planned this right, I didn't fight them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't plan this for myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be that's what losers do, a surprise party.
Speaker 3: Surprise party for yourself. Yeah, that's the biggest loser move you could possibly.
Speaker 5: Fall like some only George Costanza, which.
Speaker 4: I had kind of like a weird Costanza thing that almost happened to me.
Speaker 3: Recently. I went to a housewarming party and then the next day one of the people texted me to say thank you so much for the beautiful candle, and I hadn't taken anything, And the temptation there was so high for me to be like, yeah, of course I didn't.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you hadn't taken anything?
Speaker 3: You had, I didn't like take a housewarming gift or anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, is this a transition? I feel like I'm being transition.
Speaker 3: No, you're not. I'm just okay.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about wanting to know that there's a real conversation and not you guiding surprise, guiding the conversation.
Speaker 3: All right, this really this brings me to no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Now you need to vamp. Now you need to come up with another thing so we could go back to the gift.
Speaker 5: You fucked this up, man, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't fuck this. I know you're off the show. Damn you've had Mean what are we fifteen minutes into this thing and you've absolutely just said you've thrown a wet towel on it. Oh my god. No, this really happened. And obviously there was a temptation to be like, oh, yeah, of course, and I probably should have done it. Yeah, But then like the thought of like someone finding out that would have that would be ruinous it.
Speaker 4: Would be weird, like, yeah, I did a weird thing there at about that story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was interesting. Would you have said you're welcome? It just depends on who it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's just an easier interaction, I I I'm not judging myself. I'm not saying I'm cool or anything, but I probably all right. Yeah, I don't know what it's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a good guy. See maybe that makes me cool.
Speaker 3: I don't know, no, and I have no idea. It just depends on the situation. Well, I hope you're not faced with that in the future. But now, I mean, you've kind of just what are we going to do? At this point? We have to open the gift you brought? Oh god, no gifts, Sean. You walked in today holding a gift? Should we open it here on the podcast? You sure? Okay, Okay, why not? It's in this gorgeous little bit you are. Thank you. Let's see what's happening in here? Okay? Reaching in Okay? Oh yeah? Is this a new pack of No? No, no, it's special pack of playing cards? How is it special.
Speaker 5: Playing cards from?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 5: This dick of which?
Speaker 3: Which? Fabulous casino? This deck of card. Oh, let's see MGM Grand. Oh this is from the MGM Grand.
Speaker 5: MGM Grand.
Speaker 3: Wait, how did you get a Do they give these away when you go to a casino?
Speaker 5: No, you have to go.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're into antiques, I'm not, but I love an antique store.
Speaker 5: You know, I'll go.
Speaker 3: I love browsing check out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, go to an antique store in Vegas. I can't recommend it. They have think of Vegas. They have the best ship you can possibly imagine. It's a whole different ballgame of kitchy Elvis shit slash. Just Casino de tretis and that is they sell old. That's a used sleazy people's hands were on that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was once part of a six card shoe or whatever. You know, And it says MGM Grand And I just went there. I went to a David Copperfield show in Vegas.
Speaker 3: How was that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: I've seen a lot.
Speaker 4: Of magic in Vegas, and David Copperfield's obviously one of the bigs. And he's you know, google him sometimes Google Google him, Giselaine Maxwell jpeg, you know, google him. But he's a good magic every the magic every magician is I you know, I love magic. He's he's very it's a very funny kind of like show.
Speaker 3: He is an old.
Speaker 4: Man now still he was like one of those guys that's like way too handsome in the eighties kind of feeling and just you know, is a broken, you know, broken sadly broken man and you can feel it. And but he rushes through his show. You'll never see his show. It's unfortunate. But there's a part of the show that I have come back for, which is a blue alien called Blue thirty two, like a very et like kind of like a all of his ideas are from nineteen five because that was like he was fucking Claudia Schiff or whatever, and he was like, well this is success. And so there's just a eed comes down and it's the most articulated and brilliant, beautiful, uh you know, Hollywood amazing animatronic figure.
Speaker 3: That's right, Hello David.
Speaker 4: And he has a whole narrative in the show that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life, because he is it's like these Vegas guys who just have golden handcuffs. They are in this golden prison in Vegas, and they're like, I have to inject some personal.
Speaker 3: Shit into my show.
Speaker 5: Are I'm gonna go fucking crazy.
Speaker 4: I have a personal story, And so he has this story about it's like connecting with his father and his and his alien is like this alien's like I knew your father because he worked at Area fifty one.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 5: No, none of it's true.
Speaker 4: So he's connecting with a fake with author narrative and you're just like, he's humanized himself and then you like read about it. It's just I just can't. Oh, it's one of the funniest I cannot stop laughing. And and then on top of that, the magic legitimately good, Like there are a couple of tricks in there, and there usually aren't tricks where I'm like, I have no idea how they did that, but I'm literally like, he does this thing where he just balance he makes a paper ball kind of like float, and he does it and goes around and You're just like wow, So anyway I saw anything, I saw this absolute garbage entertained. But he's still going, He's still well. It was one of his last shows. Oh it's over. My nerd friends and I went to see this last final week of shows, and uh, you know.
Speaker 3: That alien's probably already in the antiques store.
Speaker 4: I hope not. I'm sure he's hoarded it or something. But the antique stores really good. Okay, side note, I parked in a parking lot. Vegas is just scam city. Everything's legal. And I parked in this parking lot and there was no sign own park here. It was just a little parking area, not even a lot. And then I got out of the antique store after being obsessed with it, getting all this nice records and vinyl and stuff and that pack of cards, and then I walked out my car was gone. Oh and it was around the corner at a toe shop. That's a scam and you just have to take it.
Speaker 3: You just have to.
Speaker 4: And like my wife and I were like googling, like what are the fucking laws here? All the laws are designed that you lose. And I'm just like, can we call the cops? No, the cops are paid off. Oh can we call the parking lot? Though the parking lot's part of the scam.
Speaker 3: And so and after a while we were like.
Speaker 4: Pushing back, like you can't do this because it was like six hundred dollars of course.
Speaker 3: And I think that like crazy toe companies everywhere are one of the worst things you can do to a human being, right right. I think it's just like a deeply cruel thing you can do.
Speaker 4: I agree, yeah, And then this guy comes out and he goes, look, I'm just gonna break it down to you. I used to live Because he looked at our licenses, he was like, you guys live in LA. I used to live in LA. You know why I'm moved here because I can make more money doing this scam than I could at the Like he didn't say that out loud, but he was like, there's a reason I moved to Las Vegas because it's just scam city.
Speaker 3: I can be a bad person here and get away.
Speaker 5: And I and I have you over a barrel.
Speaker 4: You have to give me this money and like, oh, by the way, all your laptops are in your bag. We're gonna go in your car. Not like it was just evil. I was like, Vegas, that's there's an EDEM monitor. It kind of made me go like this, this is kind of something I'd appreciate about vague, Like there's a vague kind of like oh, the sleaziness is here, the kind of old mob mentality or whatever that built it.
Speaker 5: Whatever did you have?
Speaker 3: Let me ask this. You have to could you walk to the toe place?
Speaker 4: That? Yes, but it was a brutal walk okay, but it wasn't like crazy. It was like twenty minutes in the hot sun, right, but we walked to the toe place.
Speaker 5: It was just clear, like hey, uh, and then we walked.
Speaker 4: We drove back once we got the car to the parking lot and there was a sign, but it was a round the corner, so it's posted, but it's yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: And how do you I do they leave a ticket or something to tell you that your car's been towed?
Speaker 4: Well, when your car gets towed, when your car gets towd anywhere, even here in beautiful California, you can look at it. There's always a sign posted on the street that will tell you a phone number or maybe a website or something that will tell you you.
Speaker 3: Just have to like google it, go how do I.
Speaker 5: Pick my thing up? But there's almost always a sign there.
Speaker 3: I think the only time a car should be towed is if it's in a red curb somewhere where it could cause a fire. Hydrant.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, otherwise what are you doing? Or if you're blocking someone's driveway or something. Yeah, where it's like truly a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to just be towed out of a random Las Vegas parking lot, Oh, that would ruin my year. Just deph.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just rough. The antiques were had a bitter flavor, so that's hard one. Oh my god, it would be so mad. What else did you do in Vegas?
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 4: We walked around and stuff, and just I played blackjack. I like to play blackjack in a very like I give myself like a two.
Speaker 3: Hundred dollars limit.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm just gonna be here for a couple hours and have fun because I do find it very fun. It's hilarious and you just meet freaks. It's the best.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: I go to the Golden Nugget just post up. I think they have like a little bit like you know, the less the I've actually made money, Like I have my system for blackjack, right, and it's not a system that works.
Speaker 3: That's how everyone is, right, Like I know how to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need in order to have a blackjack system, you need to dominate a table with all people you know, right, and be based on that and all share of the pot. But what I do is I put my first bed in ten bucks and then if I win, I double that. Oh it's not a system that works, but I feel like it's a system.
Speaker 3: It's something you can count, it's something a method, it's a method. Yeah, you're not flying blind, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: It feels sane. You're like holding onto something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, how much what's the most you've ever won playing black check?
Speaker 4: I once I went to the Grand Canyon and stayed at this Indian casino, really nice place, and I uh in the hotel there and I just I took a couple of mushrooms and I went down and played blackjack for like like six hours and gave myself a limit, and I just was very lucky.
Speaker 5: I like did that exact method.
Speaker 4: And at one point I was like, Okay, now I'm putting four hundred, like, you know, two hundred dollars probably into the pot because I'm doubling everything. And I made enough money and I was like, oh, this is seven hundred dollars. That's literally paying for my entire trip. And I had the presence of mind to go, okay, I'm just gonna pay for the That's a.
Speaker 5: Cool that's a nice place to land. But usually I'm like, oh I've I'm up, Like, let's.
Speaker 3: Lose the ruins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: The idea of being on mushrooms in a casino losing money for me, that would end in my death. There's no worst scenario for me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, don't go see magic in Vegas. No, I recommend all magic shows.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a shame. I don't get to see David David's final run, right right? Was it like a sold out show?
Speaker 5: You know these Vegas shows?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess they don't have a captive audience.
Speaker 4: He's obsessed with staying number one David Copperfield. So he does two shows at night and that makes twelve shows. I believe a week, he's doing two shows seven thirty, nine thirty every night. He just wants to go I'm number one in Vegas and like then he like his life is dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't imagine, like at home with David Copperfield. Yeah, does he have a family, what is it?
Speaker 4: It's I remember he was like dating Claudia Schiffer beautiful. Yeah, of course, eighties like modding around in a ferrari or whatever.
Speaker 5: And he made the statue of Liberty disappear.
Speaker 3: That was the big one. So he was like David Blaine, who is the other big Vegas magician. I saw another magician in Vegas. I think he was number one before David's return, probably right. And I feel like that chriss Angel wasn't chriss Angel. This is pre chriss Angel. Yeah. It was kind of like a more David Copperfield type, you know, like a handsome man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want to shout out my a good magician who's a great guy and a friend of mine who robs a Brecky.
Speaker 5: Good for him. Good, he's great.
Speaker 3: What sort of magic is he doing?
Speaker 4: He does the magic castle, he does a magic seance, robs a brecy. He also was the lead singer and songwriter of a song a band called Possum Dixon that were no joke, very big in the late nineties. And he's just an interesting guy. I like him a lot. And he I did this show, Margo's Got Money Troubles. Oh, and I played a magician and he was my magic guy, was like a coach. Yeah, And so he taught me magic tricks and I was like, Jesus, this is how I do this.
Speaker 5: Shit, and it just it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Like learning it, you're like, oh, I can see because you're like, oh I almost got it.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I really got it that time.
Speaker 4: But in order to be confident, all you have to do it for like, oh twenty five years, you know, you have to do the same moment. You know, I'm just like muscle. So I was like, I'll never get good at this bro. But he's I mean, Rob's a brecky. Everyone goes see him.
Speaker 3: Did you learn a particular trick I learned.
Speaker 5: Here's what I learned.
Speaker 4: I learned the trick where you're like, here's a card and then you go it was what, Oh, it won't leave my hand, and then you throw it up and then you throw it.
Speaker 5: Up again and it's disappeared.
Speaker 4: Oh and and then you go oh wow, and it's so badass when you see it.
Speaker 3: Done well right.
Speaker 4: And then he taught me to split a deck and fan out.
Speaker 3: Oh that's for me an impossibility. I can't even shock r card.
Speaker 4: And there were that was another thing where I was like, oh my god, perfect. And then six hundred times later, it's like, you know, you're just because because he can do it where it's like.
Speaker 5: Number number number, number number, like very wow, fanned.
Speaker 4: Out right so perfectly right, and it it's the same like it's a very simple movie and it's like so heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't imagine the training.
Speaker 4: Who teaches him. I think he just he was in this band and uh he is and he just I think became a he was like f music kind of wisely at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Was just like I think he was already obsessed with magic, but he was just like, you know what, I think I can do this. And he just if you look at him, he's got like a real cool look. He's got like a you know, like.
Speaker 3: Mysterious a little bit.
Speaker 4: He looks a little bit evil, but he's like the nicest guy in the world. Yeah, I have. Yeah, it's very it's very exclusive. So it took years.
Speaker 3: It's exclusive within the Magic Castle.
Speaker 4: Yes, well he does it once a year and it's very like I know we're friends and everything, but I can I'm sorry. It's Leonardo DiCaprio. It's you know, it's like very high end wow. But he has a record and he's Yeah, he's just an interesting guy.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love man. Right, I've only been to the Magic Castle once. Yeah. Yeah, I had kind of a negative experience because I wasn't wearing a suit and they made me wear like I think it was either a size thirty six or forty two suit pant that I just kind of had to hold around my body all night. No, like you're wearing a barrel. Yeah, it was a nightmare.
Speaker 5: Right. I do like the I enjoy it, and I was.
Speaker 4: Weirded out by it a bit, but then I fully enjoy and appreciate the formality of They are extremely strict about this, like you have to wear a suit and tie and cost I was.
Speaker 3: Dressed nicely, I had a tie, I had a suit jacket, but it wasn't enough, right, Right, But then you start thinking, well, now I'm wearing what looks like my great grandfather's suits. I know, so I don't know, but good for them for sticking to the rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my dad's dream. My dad's dream is like, oh, you're busting kids for not being formal.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, can I work here? I want to bust.
Speaker 4: Kids for not having the right tie, Like, that's my dad's Like we're going to church, put on a tie.
Speaker 3: Did you go to church growing up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Catholic? Did you have to dress up just on occasions? Like we would?
Speaker 4: We were a family that went every week and then on Christmas we would be forced to wear our crappy suits and ties.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that that's kind of just like the like being forced to dress up for church is still like a kind of a sticking point for me. So when I have to dress up, I still look like I was forced to buy my mom or something, which is not a good thing. As an adult, I've had to.
Speaker 4: Confront things like that throughout my life, being like, well I don't like this, so it's not cool. And then everyone's like, we're normal.
Speaker 3: You have to do this.
Speaker 5: Were you Mormon?
Speaker 4: Yes you were, okay, so that's a different kind of church maybe, yeah, I mean, but obviously.
Speaker 3: Dressing up every week, like having to wear like a suit and tie or whatever. Yeah, it's just, especially as a child, not a fun thing to do.
Speaker 5: Did you ever sing in their choirs?
Speaker 3: I can't sing. They've got those good choirs, the Tabernacle Choir famous, Yeah, kind of the most one of our. Is there more famous choirs than the Tabernacle Choir? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Freakin' No, I can't name another choir Rockapella. They're roll, They're pretty famous choir rockapella versus what happened to Rockapella?
Speaker 3: Where are they now?
Speaker 4: I'm sure they're doing touring. Yeah, they're on TV for like ten years. They're probably doing cruise is they're they're relaxing.
Speaker 3: They probably have their own cruise. That's the new thing, musician cruises.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, Weezer Cruz.
Speaker 3: The Weezer Cruz.
Speaker 5: You get to interact with your fans.
Speaker 3: Feels like a nightmare.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like you're still a Mormon or do you feel connected or disconnected from that? I feel mostly disconnected culturally. I think there's still a lot of things that I do that are probably just because of the way I grew up, right, But otherwise, no, I obviously have a lot of problems with the way that they run that thing.
Speaker 3: But you can say that about an a church.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sure, right, but not the Catholic. Not the Catholic. They've got a kind of squeaky clean record good rap, yes, good rape. Bad thing about the Catholic Church give me up? Right, But yeah, like I think that just particular the way I behave or I don't know, there are some good things, that's the thing, or like they teach you to help other people, or yeah.
Speaker 5: They had those commercial or whatever.
Speaker 4: I was bombarded wild and by the Church of Letter day sense. It would be like a homeless man like crying in a gutter and then a the guy would be like throwing rocks at him, and then the Mormon would come up and go like, hey, stop the rock throwing a and the guy would run away, and then the homeless man would tearily go thank you for bring me. And then the guy would bring him a soup kitchen. They'd be eating soup and there'd be a like a tag brought to you by the church, you know, be kind or get lost?
Speaker 5: You know, brought to you by the Church of Jesus Christ. Yes, lost, be kind or get lost. That'd be it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have a lot of they have so much money and they put it into their commercials, a lot of media like that. But obviously within Utah, I don't think you're really ever exposed to the commercials because you're deep in it.
Speaker 4: No, they're you're you're making the commercials. Yea every day with your good deeds, Yes, every day. You have good skin. We're red guys. You're a red guy. You're a pale sunscreen guy. Yeah, I sunburn and I'm Irish American. I just have big redness something. You have this good skin, Oh God, bless you. I need to get No, you have nice skin. I have skin problems, skin allergies.
Speaker 3: With this complexion, you're bound to have some sort of night your whole life, you're just going to be battling like other people. They just you know, somebody from the Mediterranean or something. It's just like flawless skin. Yeah, they can. They can go into the sun, spend a whole day outside.
Speaker 4: They come back They're like, No, I'm like slathered in and I just like allergy mark over.
Speaker 3: Year and absolutely every day you eat meat, I eat meat.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I'm asking.
Speaker 4: I feel like people who are vegan have billy great skin, and I'm like, maybe's your freaking go v again or something.
Speaker 3: I kind of eat garbage. Really, I eat a lot of junk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's your favorite?
Speaker 3: My favorite thing is a fried chicken sandwich or a chicken finger the best. Last night I tried to get a chicken finger, but the line was too long. So then I went to Clark Street Diner and had a club sandwich nice, which was delicious.
Speaker 5: I ate a late night fried chicken sandwich, not joking last night, Shakeshack.
Speaker 3: Oh, they have a secretly good chicken sandwich. I had one last week. Yeah, I hadn't had one until just recently, and I thought it was a pretty good fried chicken sandwich.
Speaker 4: Pretty good here in Burbank through open the midnight. Check it out, Shakeshack. They're in every airport now they are in the air kind of across the globe.
Speaker 3: Now, it's like they blew up. They were just in New York. I remember when they were just in New York.
Speaker 5: Then and there was that crazy line.
Speaker 3: Oh the line was insane. Yeah, and now they're kind of everywhere, and I think a lot of people don't like it anymore.
Speaker 4: Well they I'm sure they lowered their quality, right, you have to. They still have a great milkshake. I get that milkshake almost once a week.
Speaker 3: I would say.
Speaker 5: They have a du Bai chocolate milk Shack.
Speaker 3: I had that and I didn't like it. Did you have it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I like like that original the TikTok.
Speaker 5: You know, do you buy chocolate bar.
Speaker 3: Are you tell me?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Absolutely good?
Speaker 3: Where did where did this begin? Because I only caught on much later once it was like a shake shack product. Obviously it started somewhere on TikTok and I don't it's just I don't even know really what it is.
Speaker 4: The original thing. Well, I went to Dubai, okay, and got doing some business stuff. Yeah, just doing some human trafficking stuff and with my family. No, I was in Dubai and I brought back du buy chocolate for my friend's kids. Okay, brought them the kids and they were like, they're like seven, so they were.
Speaker 5: Like tik chocolate and I was like, oh, it's the TikTok chocolate.
Speaker 3: So somebody probably just showed the it's a bar or something at some point. This is pistachios and chocolate.
Speaker 4: It's pistachios in like this kind of it's very very good.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it's just like a candy bar or something.
Speaker 5: It's a candy bar exactly, yeah, but but well.
Speaker 3: Done and kind of look it must look good on camera or something.
Speaker 4: It looks good on camera, and I think scarcity thing, right, it's like this, it's like all this it's actually hard to get that original one. You have to get the you.
Speaker 3: And there's like a particular brand or something. Yeah. Yeah, I just don't think of Unilever.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, it's probably now it's yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't think of Dubai as a chocolate town, so like for them to suddenly have a famous chocolate bars.
Speaker 4: They're not a chocolate town, but they are a town in need of some good, good ribes, good breats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they haven't had vibes.
Speaker 4: Please, we need a good thing instead of human trafficking and mobs.
Speaker 5: Stuff.
Speaker 3: Let's do candy.
Speaker 5: Let's do candy. Well, candy, it's cute.
Speaker 4: How was your trip to do funny? Yeah, it's you do Bai man. Yeah, it's it is what you think it is. The old city is very interesting, and they have those you know, a harbor with those boats that are you know, like the beautiful school boats right, yeah, that make a good screensaver or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly. You go to the gold soup and the spice market.
Speaker 3: See this part sounds fun?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, it's I mean it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Co part that everybody knows about Dubai seems more just like going to Las Vegas or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like ultra bling, right, ultra.
Speaker 4: You know, they're westernizing very quickly, and so there's kind of like bars you can drink at and stuff and I don't know. Yeah, it's they have like a seven star hotel and they'll be like the biggest seven star hotel and they'll and the inauguration was Tiger Woods golfing off of the Road and Drake has a terrible people that have been mentioned on this episode of The Tiger Woods. Drake, Now, do you think this is a good gift? I think this is a nice gift.
Speaker 3: I like to Haaven's kind of weird, right, yeah, And I like to have a pack of cards around.
Speaker 4: What's your best gift besides maybe that this one's really good?
Speaker 3: You as James Joyce. Yeah, this is a really recent gift for Michael Yury and I thought this was shocking to see I got someone at one point got a gift certificate to the indoor skydiving, which I had never done before. Did you do it? I did it?
Speaker 5: And you felt like the feeling I felt.
Speaker 3: The feeling You don't get to do it alone, you have to do it with the instructor. Whack yeah, I think they should just throw you in there.
Speaker 5: I think throw you in there. See what happens.
Speaker 3: You're flipping around, slamming against the ceiling. But it was fun. I think they have since closed down, which is a shame. But I was just I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: I'm going to show you something right now, what and maybe we can if we if this works, whatever works. I was in Ireland and it's funny. I just took a picture of this old painting.
Speaker 5: At like the hotel.
Speaker 4: You know, the hotel was built into an old building and I took a picture of this painting and I'm sorry, this is not something a plan, but I think this might look a little bit like you too. Oh my god, what's happening? This is like you're in better shape than this guy.
Speaker 3: But check it out. Check this redhead out. That's my dream lost just a little bit. That really does let me like that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna text you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna text you because I'll share that with people. That's so incredible and I think you like.
Speaker 4: At first, I was like wow, usually guys like this and pictures are not redheads. And I was like, this guy looks like Dave Mustaane but now I look at it, it looks like you.
Speaker 3: It does look a little bit like Dave Mustaine as well.
Speaker 4: And I was gonna put it on instant with the tag Dane Mustaine because that's brilliant kind of stuff I come up with.
Speaker 3: I would love to own a wig like that, right, Yeah, to have that just stacked just like just's got a weigh like forty pounds. Yeah, it's horsehair or some shit. Wow. That's the thing I noticed when I go to museums with older painting is when they paint the Baby Jesus, he often has red hair holding a little scepter. Know what that whole thing is? Yeah, I often think of that, or he's holding coins.
Speaker 4: He's holding that holy hand grenade like uh yeah, scepter with like a cross.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. Yeah, yeah, I identify with that a lot. But now I'm just being surrounded by these paintings of redheaded manon.
Speaker 4: It'd be cool if you could be a scepter guy. Oh oh yeah, Bridge Alway's got that scepter. Now, who carries the scepter? Drives around with the sceptra scepter? Or do you buy a scepter?
Speaker 5: I know you have to go to Rome. You have to go to the Vatican.
Speaker 3: No, But I do think this is a good thing. It's a nice thing to just have in the junk drawer in case you get bored or want to play with somebody and it's there.
Speaker 4: They're means tested, you know, right, it seems like that from the nineties or something, doesn't.
Speaker 5: I feel like their nineties or eighties or totally.
Speaker 3: They're classy.
Speaker 4: They're classy, kind of like old cards, and they put effort into them.
Speaker 3: Right them gym grant still open. It's huge. Okay, Yeah, which one did they implode recently?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: They did implode something right before I got there, and everyone was talking about it, just like the Blackjack Dealer was literally like.
Speaker 3: You see an implosion. I'm going to be there for an implosion.
Speaker 4: I know I want to do stand up special, just like all right and then like do it three two one.
Speaker 5: And that's my time.
Speaker 4: Great, make that happen, I know, I know it'd be so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it would be fun to see. And they do it probably every few years. Something's getting imploded to make room for a new, right, new casino.
Speaker 4: You should do it in the Ray or the brad Garrett Club, you know, in the Brad Garrett Club.
Speaker 5: You're in there. They keep it, you know, keep it the same.
Speaker 3: I've had the popcorn from that club. Really yes, Oh great popcorn. Great popcorn. Popcorn needs to be good.
Speaker 4: Ray right, do you have a favorite casino in Vegas other than the Golden Nugget? You know, Circus Circus for the kids, they're really hanging in there. Yeah, it's it's just like a magic Yeah. I mean they're the casinos are just like they kind of run together. There's a really bad one called Treasure Island. I have good feelings, but not really like. There's a one called ex Caliber. I've never actually been to. It's basically, uh, what's that thing? Medieval Times?
Speaker 3: They do a Medieval Times type saying at ex Caliber, I've never been to that one.
Speaker 4: It's the one that shaped like a castle. I think it was a roller coaster took New York, New York cracks me up. I think Caesar's Palace is probably my favorite one because it's like you walk through parts of it and you recognize.
Speaker 3: It from Oh, various things. They've got that underground.
Speaker 4: Mall, the underground mall, the overground mall, well, I've got my cards, now let's go. It's a I don't even know how to play black track, Like this is my problem. I don't play card games often enough to remember the rules. So whenever someone invites me to a poker night or something, I'm like, well, I just what do I have to do train before I come. I think it's useful to like look up if you're going to a poker I go online, go on YouTube and look up like just classic hands like phil Ivy and Ship like that. Because poker is very fun. I think it's worth learning to actually play.
Speaker 3: It right when I'm in it, it's like a nice social activity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're kind of like lying to people and like, you know, it's like it's a it's an interesting thing. And I yeah, I've I've I've kind of gotten down this rabbit hole of like watching chess and poker online because I'm a cool dude, and uh yeah, it's uh pretty rad.
Speaker 3: Is there any quick version of a card game we could play?
Speaker 4: Is this call?
Speaker 3: Like you play go fish? I think that's let's go. Let's see here.
Speaker 4: Let me pretend to be able to do this here and then you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see, I'm I'm just not good, so we can do uh.
Speaker 3: I'll be the.
Speaker 4: Dealer, you're the blackjack player. Okay, so we burn and then we I take this card, we do.
Speaker 3: This, Okay, this five and.
Speaker 4: And so you're betting. So you have a fifteen. So you have a fifteen. I'm showing an eight. Chances are I'm going to flip a most of the cards in the deck are worth ten. Oh, chances are I'm going to flip and you're going to I'm going to have an eighteen, which will beat this. But so you can, you know, take a hit on fifteen or you can take a hit.
Speaker 5: Most people say stay on sixteen.
Speaker 4: So you you're you're if you take a hit, you're betting that you will get you know, six or six. And that's the bet because most likely I will get an eighteen and you will bust.
Speaker 3: So I should go all in. So yeah, let's hit all in is poker.
Speaker 4: And oh so making another good lesson the house rules.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play a game. I need a number between one and ten from you.
Speaker 5: I'll say seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, right now, I have to do some like calculating so you can promote, recommend, do whatever you want.
Speaker 5: Everybody watch Fallout season two. It's a great show.
Speaker 4: It's a science fiction show and I am a great character in it. And we're shooting Fallout season three and that will come out. Everybody watched Margo's Got Money Troubles. That's on Apple TV. Stars El Fanning, Michelle Pfeiffer, Nicole Kidman, and Greg Kinnear, all great actors. The pedigrees high and you'll see me in a very small part.
Speaker 5: But I was very excited about it.
Speaker 4: And God, everybody watched Kroll Show, a great show by Nick Kroll that I helped classic rite produce and start in and one of the classic shows.
Speaker 3: Where can you watch that now?
Speaker 4: It's a it's a struggle, struggle unbelievable. I think, yeah, it's just like what's going on? There's a I think you can watch it on HBO Max. Okay, you can get it with the Paramount Plus subscription. It's on a lot of places. Oh it is great, Okay, cool, It's just I should always know that finding things.
Speaker 5: It's on HBO.
Speaker 3: I thought it was on HBO Max, but that it makes sense. I think there's some central stuff is popping up over there.
Speaker 5: Right right instead of just uh, what they usually do. Yeah, right, Oh, I love to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: South.
Speaker 3: We're gonna first, we're gonna play a game called invite List. And what I'm going to do is I'm going to start naming a list of celebrities Martin Luther King. No, I'm gonna name though, President Bill Clinton, and you're going to tell me if they're invited or not invited. And once you get to ten, that's the party. Does that make perfect sense?
Speaker 5: Like that?
Speaker 3: And you can say why or why not or you don't have to whatever. Okay, all right, all right, many Pakiao not invited, Vin Diesel invited, Ice Spice No, okay.
Speaker 4: Zachary Quinto I grew up with and took high school drama classes in Pittsburgh with Zachary Quinta. Whoa, yeah, yeah, that's incredible. Well so no, no, Zach Zachary is a nice guy and we were probably like sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 5: We were in the same thing.
Speaker 3: No, that's crazy, but he I.
Speaker 4: Went to see him in his high school musical and he was in the Pirates of Pinzance.
Speaker 3: Oh and we played.
Speaker 4: The the major general class character. And he was so good in that that I was like, I need to like because we were like doing high school theater and then we took classes outside. We were like, oh, man, I was doing improv in the city and stuff. And then I saw him do that and I remember being like, oh, he's like a professional actor and now was Zachary Quinto, but like whoa I was. He was so good in this role and I think he won an award. They had the Gene Kelly Awards, and I think he won an award for it. But he was like I was just like, Oh, this guy's I'm like lucky to know this. This dude's you can really sing, like crazyly like you like me, you cannot sing. I'm not inspiring other high schoolers. So I'm gonna say no, just because familiarity. You've had an attempt that guy.
Speaker 3: He's a bastard, Okay, Cynthia Arrivo, uh no, Chris Evans, nope, Pedro Pascal, Caroline Levitt No, why not? I mean she's so cool, she's a cool. She seems like a fun hay, totally normal. First podcast is this you're just finding out?
Speaker 5: Caroline?
Speaker 4: Oh? Of course Caroline, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Courtney Love.
Speaker 4: Oh man, if she didn't kill Kurt Cobaine, maybe, but no, she seems annoying as hell.
Speaker 5: I think she's funny.
Speaker 3: I think she's very funny. She's entertaining behavior.
Speaker 5: She's a diva. It's a diva move to kill ultimate deep but.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm sure you didn't kill him. But if you did, total diva. So no, no, I think she would take it over too much. Okay, right, she would be the star you need to be the star the hell?
Speaker 5: Yeah about me, baby.
Speaker 3: This is interesting. He's back again. Tiger Woods okay. Ian McKellen, Yeah, okay, gotta say yeah. Gandalf he seems like a good time. Hailey Steinfeld Uh not particularly no, okay, Jeff Goldblue, Yeah, okay, I think he's pretty cool. Another Pittsburgh guy. Yeah, oh interesting.
Speaker 4: Rob Schneider if it was nineteen ninety whatever, when was he like five, nineteen ninety five and he was still the guy that like I was like, so I thought he was so funny. Sure, of course his politics are not the best, but he's almost a cartoon of that. Like I'm like, you know, but absolutely not is the answer. No, Please keep him as far away as possible.
Speaker 3: Grimes. This is a tough list you're getting here. No grimes, is uh, she's I'm not like a fan of.
Speaker 4: Her, moron kind of she's kind of gone off a moron cliff. Unfortunately she made music that made go you know, he's good. You're almost as good as the really good person Tony Hawk. No, I've had enough. Jerramo del Toro. I gotta say yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he seems like a very fun time.
Speaker 5: I bet he'd be a blast.
Speaker 4: Linda Hogan. Don't know her ex widow of Hulk Oh no, no, no one connected to Hulk Hogan. I mean he's just like he's just like Florida scum garbage man.
Speaker 5: Regina King, Regina King, I'd probably say yes, yeah, she.
Speaker 4: Seems I mean, she's just such a great actor. I bring a little bit of class to the party. I think McKellen's got the class. Regina King, I'm gonna say no, yeah.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get iced out by great actors.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Nico Case, Oh yeah, of course, yeah, the best.
Speaker 4: I love genius. Shout out to Nico Case. Truly legends and by the way, it just seems cool. Has like she's funny. Like I've interacted with her online and been like, oh, you're like a normal person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she seems like just a normal person who happens to have one of the best talent. I mean, just an unbelievable talented person in the world. Yeah, Zoe Kravitz.
Speaker 4: Hmm, I'm gonna say no, but just because I I I think she's so gorgeous. Okay, that's the thing about Zoe Kravis. She's very beautiful.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I did a commercial I like wrote. They had me write a rocks for rock band. Okay, ten years ago. They were like, we're gonna bring you in to write this commercial. And it was a commercial with Lenny Kravitz, and so I got to go and he had just played the Greek the night before, so he was just in his trailer. Six am. I went in and met a shirtless Lenny Kravin, Like, god, who was the nicest person I.
Speaker 5: Have ever met? Is a star and you're just one of those guys.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh sir, oh God, I just I you know, I'm forgetting who I am. You're so charismatic who And he literally this is a surreal day. It's like six am. Me and this director are like, hey, what's up, you know, like, what's up, dude? And he's like, all right, let me try these jackets. And he goes into the back and just tries on one snake skin leather jacket over his bare chest. Snake skin lift. What do you guys think of this? Let's see the next one. What do you guys think of this? Snake skin or leather jacket? What do you think of this one?
Speaker 3: This is cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, They're like, you're a beautiful rock star.
Speaker 3: You could just be covered in garbage.
Speaker 4: And then he was so it was fascinating. He got a call and he was like, oh, it's Zoe. You want to say hi, And he's so nice and I was just like, hey, what's up? And she wasn't as big as no doesn't she was still probably really Fury Road yet or anything, and uh but uh then we talked to her and Lisa Bonet and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, this is the best guy in the falking world.
Speaker 4: He gives me what I want, which is talking to celebrities even more that you're related.
Speaker 5: To, you know, and he's got some good gems. Man. I get that.
Speaker 3: I got that. Uh, I think for a birthday party somebody. I got that and the That Thing You Do soundtrack. Those are the two CDs I owned for probably seven years. I said no gifts. I said no gifts. Ken burns Uh.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's two likelihood that he would bum me the fucking so now, okay, he'd be like, the world is crumbling.
Speaker 3: You know the history of man. You know he's seen it all, but you see it later. Man, let's get some fucking tell a joke. Yeah, Melinda Gates.
Speaker 5: Yes, but she would have to like pay.
Speaker 4: Oh if she gave me like like two million dollars, pay her way in your party.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like if you can see like Club Random with Kevin Spacey.
Speaker 5: I wonder if Bill Maher is like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll have you on the show, give me five million dollars probably right right right, it's like pay to play the name club brand. I'll never get over it. Oh white wash you, I'll sye wash you pretend you're not a fucking certainly change there, right, Yeah. I can't imagine any other scenario. Oh this is interesting, Teller from Penn and Teller.
Speaker 3: You mean the guy doesn't talk, Yes, no, Coleman Domingo, Yeah, I have Coleman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, he's having a moment.
Speaker 3: He's having a huge moment, and it feels earned.
Speaker 4: It feels earned, but it's like earning it now because he's on that Did you watch the Michaels movie. No, he is good for you. But see, I only celebrate true. Okay, that's what we're talking about, these monsters. This has been a year of art, the success celebrating some of the I mean, come on.
Speaker 3: The success of that movie was I felt like I'm in another dimension. I know, yes, but.
Speaker 4: Man Coleman Domingo man in that movie, You're just like, Wow, He's a great transformative type of Daniel day Lewis kind of actor that is so good, very good love acting, and he does it well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'd have him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Vince Staples potentially, but no, Okay, Kylie Minogue, No, don't know her. Questlove yes, Quest loves in all right, Quest loves in, Quest loves the Best.
Speaker 5: I listened to his podcast.
Speaker 3: He seems like such a great guy. I mean Stephen Tyler.
Speaker 5: Speaking of.
Speaker 3: Stephen Tyler. No, Unfortunately, there was a time in my life where I would have been like, yeah, Kevin James, now Uncle Cracker, I don't know enough about it. Okay, Tom Hardy, now, Miranda Lambert, who's that? I Carly Miranda Lambert is a country singer. Okay, Olivia Rodrigo, Yes, Helen Mirren. Now, I think I may have seen her at home Depot once amazing. I'm not sure, but you know it looked like her, and I choose to believe it was Helen ed Sheeran.
Speaker 5: Come on, Travis Kelly, I am Travis Kelsey. No, thank you. He forgot to invite his parents to his wedding?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 4: Did you know that he gave their seats to Ellen and Diddy? Would that be harmed? He's just like, is like goodheartedly forgets. He's like, I'm gonna do this wedding. Oh mom, Dad, shit, I gave your seats to.
Speaker 5: Ellen, and.
Speaker 3: What a bummer. Sabrina Carpenter. I love her, but no, Steph Curry, no, Michelle Yo, no, mister wonderful garbage, Bill Murray. No, Shaquille O'Neal. I'd have the general, but not Shaquille general general. He's got the authority. What a team. They should solve crimes. They should jelly roll. Come on, I don't even know what he does. He just goes to jail. Oh man.
Speaker 4: He came out like when I first learned about him. He was like, oh, I'm so sorry for what I damn. And I was like, what did you do?
Speaker 3: Man? What do you do?
Speaker 5: Besides that, the main thing I know is crime.
Speaker 3: Rihanna, that's tough.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's Rihanna.
Speaker 3: Rihanna, that's right. You can't say no to that.
Speaker 4: I can't say no to Rihanna. She's too much. She's too cool, too beautiful, too talent. You could also charge her for to enter the party.
Speaker 3: She's a billion I.
Speaker 5: Would never know. I would never charge an artist.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, just a person who's like, I'm rich, I just happened to have money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's interesting about me is rich?
Speaker 3: I am evil? Elis will you read down that list of names that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, We've got Vin diesel Ian McKellen, Jeff Goldbloom, Guermo del Toro, Nico Case, Melinda Gates, Coleman, Domingo Questlove, Olivia Rodrigo, and Rihanna.
Speaker 3: Whoa pretty good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Olivia Rodrigo is a little bit she's a little young, sure, but I thought that she'd be I kind of like what she's doing or she's attaching herself to interesting kind of artists and being like, I'm actually trying to do a good thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know she's been maybe too young.
Speaker 4: I made a mistake there, and I feel like in retrospect, Vin Diesel would ruin the party.
Speaker 5: He would find a way to get in there. He'd just be dark.
Speaker 4: He'd be like you'd walk into the kitchen. He'd be in the dark, and he'd just be like, won't be.
Speaker 3: Just bringing down the vix Like you can go, man, the Rock won text me together.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they have a thing because he probably feels like he launched the Rock, partially brought him on. I mean, gave him so much money, and the Rock is like I'm doing Malana.
Speaker 5: I'm a Vin Diesel head. I mean anything he does, I'm in.
Speaker 3: I feel like I haven't seen him in many things.
Speaker 4: Just fast and furious. I mean, he just makes a good fucking car movie.
Speaker 3: I love it. He knows how to do it. Yeah. Well, let's answer a listener question people are writing into. I said, no gifts at gmail dot com, kind of just begging for answers. Great, this is We moved to our smallish town population five thousand, two years ago. Our direct neighbors are great neighbors. I guess that must mean next door or something. One couple seems to be around our age and has similar hobbies. They host game nights, rescue pats, et cetera. We we'd like to befriend them and get to know the other neighbors better. Some things to note, we're both shy. Some people down the street are iffy, so we're not interested in meeting them. And when I say we, I mostly mean myself, as my husband is not interested in potential neighborhood drama. Do you have any suggestions, thanks, Emma. So they moved into a new town and they're looking to make friends with the neighbors.
Speaker 4: I advice to these people, walk into the fucking ocean, because you've made me go to sleep with boredom.
Speaker 3: We're shy.
Speaker 4: That's how you describe yourself. See you later launch yourself into the sun. Stole that from somebody Tom Sharpling. Don't launch yourself, walk into the ocean and embrace death. That's what I have to say. That's a decent advice. I think that's a decent advice.
Speaker 3: Good for anyone these days. How do you introduce yourselves to I moved into my house six years ago and I still feel like I don't know a lot of my neighbors. It's a weird thing.
Speaker 4: Have your neighborhood almost burned down because I had to evacuate. I'm in a neighborhood that had to evacuate for the altaire and saw the flames like licking the It would have had to cross the highway to get to us, but nonetheless it got.
Speaker 3: Very close to the east side there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was very horrible and the the we had to evacuate because of the smoke and the it was crazy. But we had to wake up at four in the morning and get everything that was valuable night and go outside. And all my neighbors were bonding and they were like, get your hose out, spray down your house. I sprayed down my house and then after that every time I know everyone in my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: It was a great little intro.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately it was a disaster, but I was like, there's like a neighborhood boss that like helps everybody.
Speaker 5: It's it's kind of a good little street, and like, uh.
Speaker 3: So that's that's the way to do it, disaster.
Speaker 4: That's like the fifties way to do it. Yeah, bake something, make someone a bake bake something. Yeah, either cause I'm sort of horrific catastrophe, try and burn down the city, or.
Speaker 3: Get in the kitchen and bake something. I don't think that there's anything else that could be said about that, Emma. I think it's very easy.
Speaker 5: I think that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we answered it perfectly. Good.
Speaker 5: Oh good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want a situation like that show Neighbors or oh Neighbors. That show's wild. There's some tough situations on Neighbors. Yeah. Yeah, I don't want to end up like some of those people. No bad neighbors, but you might end up on TV. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you're you want to taste of fame, we'll watch sketches by good Neighbor.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's a good thing. It's the end of the podcast, is it. This is the end of the show. I've had such a lovely time. This is so great.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: I'll text you the picture, yes please, I mean insane painting listener, the podcast is over. We're tapping on the brakes, we're slamming on the brakes. Move on with your day. I love you, goodbye, I said no gifts is an exactly right production Our senior producer is Ellis Nelson, and our episodes are beautifully mixed by Ben Holliday. The theme song is by Miracle Worker Amy Mann, and we couldn't do it without our booker, Patrick Cottner. You must follow the show on Instagram. At I said, no gifts, that's where you're going to see pictures of all these wonderful gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see the gifts?
Speaker 1: The lie invit? Did you hear? Funa man myself perfectly clear. When you're a guest to me, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no guests, your presences, presents, and.
Speaker 2: I already too much stuff, So how do you dad to survey me?
Speaker 1: Became with them