Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show. Good morning, everybody, Happy Monday. We have an amazing show for everybody today.
Speaker 3: What do we have personal?
Speaker 1: Indeed, we do a lot of political news, wild stuff going on. So Trump facing a second assassination attempt this morning. We have a look at some really deranged social media postings from the alleged attempt at assassin, so we'll get into everything we know there. We've also got a whole lot of post debate polls now things starting to come into focus. Also, excuse me for this very cheesy cringe thing I'm about to say, Trump and Taylor Swift not a love story. Yeah, I had to do the thing, all right. In addition, jd Vance spending his time attacking yours truly and also Zenjilani and we have zed on show to talk about that and also just to get into war what the hell is going on there? Jadi was on a bunch of the Sunday shows yesterday talking about the whole.
Speaker 4: Haitian pet situation. So a lot to dig into there for sure.
Speaker 1: Also Trump in his Laura Lumor era, what does that mean for him and the campaign? What does the potential fallout as Lumor and Marjorie Taylor Green are also completely beefing in the messiest way possible.
Speaker 4: So a lot that's interesting there.
Speaker 1: Bill Maher making a stunning prediction saying it is over over for Donald Trump. Yeah, we will see if he is right. Could be Also speaking of messiness, messy fight beef between Jill Stein and AOC that we can dig into as well.
Speaker 4: After Jill Stein was on the Breakfast Club. Very interesting appearance there.
Speaker 3: Yes, that will be very interesting.
Speaker 2: Now, as Crystal said, we're going to go ahead and just go straight into this second second attempted assassination of Donald Trump's Let's go ahead and put this up there on the screen. We've got some of the details now on the suspect. The alleged shooter is suspect's name is Ryan Routh. He's in custody following that assassination attempt on Trump at the Florida Golf Club. On the right, For those who are watching, you could see the photo of him whenever he was arrested by authorities. The story behind this is honestly quite crazy. So we can go to the next part please, which is a map that shows a little bit of how some of this went down.
Speaker 3: Now, according to Sean Hannity.
Speaker 2: Who was on the phone with Trump and actually was supposed to golf with Trump that day, he said that Donald Trump was playing on the fifth hole of the West Palm Beach golf Course. It is the quote long part in the northeastern corner. So for those who are looking, the green is about fifty yards from South Congress Avenue. The six tea box is right at the end of the road. You could see exactly on the map where all of this went down. Now, the alleged way that this all happened is that Donald Trump was golfing the Secret Service agents were scouting a couple of holes ahead of him. During that scouting, one agent spotted a man with a long gun, which has now been confirmed to be an ak forty seven in a so called nest where there were two bags and a long rifle that were found. The agents began firing at him, So at no point, according to the official narrative, there any shots squeezed off by Ryan. Routh dropped his weapon or I guess leaned it up against the defence, ran away, so the Secret Service agents did not hit him. He was able to get into his car. A nearby bystander actually was able to take a photo of Routh's car and his license plate, which allowed police to zero in on the type of vehicle they were searching for. He was actually able to exit the county before he was then arrested by Sheriff's deputies. So that is the official of what we've got. We actually have here some of the sound of the sheriff kind of breaking some of this down. Sheriff Rick Bradshaw giving a press conference following by a Secret Service investigation.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: Afternoon call came out, shots fired. That was called in by Secret Service. Because we're in constant contact with them all the time. We were notified of that and we had units here that immediately sealed off the area. Fortunately we were able to locate a witness that came to us and said, hey, I saw the guy running out of the bushes. He jumped into a black Nissan and I took a picture of the vehicle and the tank, which was great. So we had that information. Our Real Time Crime Center put it out to the license plate readers and we were able to get a hit on that vehicle on nine ninety five as it was headed into Martin County. We got a hold of Martin County Sheriff's office alerted them and they spotted the vehicle and pulled it over and detained the guy. After that, we took the victim. I'm sorry. The witness that witnessed the incident took flew him up there and he identified as the person that he saw running out of the bushes that jumped into the car. Now in the bushes where this guy was is an eight K forty seven style rifle with a scope, two backpacks which were hung on the fist that had a ceramic tile in him, and a go pro which he was going to take pictures.
Speaker 6: Notes.
Speaker 5: They have an agent that jumps one hole ahead of time to where the president was at and he was able to spot this rifle barrel sticking out of the fens and immediately engage that individual, at which time the individual took far.
Speaker 3: So that's what we got right now, Crystal.
Speaker 2: Now social media has now come out about mister Ryan Routh.
Speaker 3: Let's just say a little bit of a lunatic. But I will say he's.
Speaker 2: A lunatic who spent quite a long time in Ukraine recently seems to have made it his life's cause to support the Ukrainian military. He appointed himself ahead of the International Volunteer Office. He was quoted by the New York Times and by Semaphore he allegedly met here in one, Washington with members of Congress, the US Helsinki Commission, which directs military resources to Ukraine. I mean, you know, certainly something his social media has got self published books and others. Members of the Ukrainian International Legion have actually come out previously to this and said he was a lunatic.
Speaker 3: They had nothing to do with them.
Speaker 2: But at the very least, you know, he had claimed to have had multiple meetings with the US Defense Ministry, shuttling back and forth between there. So he's a troubled individual. Nobody who wants to shoot the President is like a normal person, So let's just say that. But it's clearly there was something enough going on that he was found incredible enough to be quoted by these US news agencies. It also, does, you know, raise a real question here about US Secret Service.
Speaker 3: So you could view it two ways.
Speaker 2: Well, they had a person who was ahead of him, Yeah, and he saw the gun and he shot at him. The other thing is, well, should he really have been on the golf course at all? And the sheriff does get to that, But before you, before we get to the sheriff, do you want to weigh in on any of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll get to ryan else in a bit, because they're going to show some of the social media postings, et cetera. We can, you know, do our best to dig into the psyche of a clearly durranged individual, but there will be, of course, a lot more questions for the Secret Service here. It appears that he came within some five hundred yards, which we are about to show the clip. You know, that is a further distance than the last guy, and this one didn't get any shots off. So Secret Service clearly did a better job in this instance. But there still will obviously be questions of how you could have even this close of a call. In addition, they just completed Congress just completed report on the manifest security failures of the Secret Service with regard to the attempted assassination, the previous one in Butler, where obviously, you know, the president came within a quarter inch of his of losing his life there on a stage in front of rally goers, and one of the rally goers did lose his life was murdered there because of those incredible failures. So this will raise a lot more questions of how he was even able to come this close. But yeah, the social media postings when we get there are really something. It seems that Ukraine was an absolute fixation for this guy. He was running a website that he claimed was, you know, for foreign fighters from around the world to be able to sign up to go fight in Ukraine. He has multiple postings where he's like, I want to go fight and die for the Ukrainians their war.
Speaker 3: He wrote a book about that. He said, why nuclear war, Oh Jesus, I didn't know that it's the thing. Look, Haley, which you know, I'm just going to.
Speaker 2: Move away from his musings and just like, Okay, what do we actually know about this guy? And like, what we know is that he was in Ukraine for months, he was running an organization. He was found credible enough to be quoted by The New York Times by Semaphore, who assumed to be believe that he was some person who was involved in this cast I have to believe that he at the very least had some credibility to allegedly get meetings with the Defense Ministry.
Speaker 3: He was always on social media.
Speaker 2: Now, look, it's certainly possible that he was fooling everybody. So it was kind of embarrassing for multiple news outlets too. Who and the person who quoted him, Thomas Gibbons Steff, in my opinion, the best military reporter who's out there. He's done multiple reports actually about Israel, about the misconduct of the IDF. He's done some of the reports in Ukraine about Ukrainian friendly fire which killed their own citizens. He was a banned from Ukraine by the Ukrainians. He's done a lot of good reporting on Afghanistan himself. As a former US Marine, I followed him for over a decade. I remember covering the Pentagon and seeing him there. I think he's very, very talented, and so for him to quote him, he has written a piece now this morning said yeah, he said he was laughing when he got off the phone with him because he thought he was in over his head. But he still quoted him, and he put him in the story. So I'm like, Okay, well, I think there's something. I think that the US Helsinki Commission and the government need to answer questions about whether they directed resources and worked with this individual. I like I said, I don't want to say they were all in together. The National Legion of Ukraine literally denounced him earlier and they put out multiple threats saying don't work with this guy. But his life's mission was apparently enough to get him involved with Afghan fighters who wanted to go to Ukraine. That seemed to be like the major conduit that he was trying to run and help here in Washington.
Speaker 3: So is he crazy, absolutely, and we will get to that.
Speaker 2: But he was crazy enough, you know, to also bamboozle his way into quite a few big level rooms here.
Speaker 4: I think he also had quite a lengthy rap sheet.
Speaker 1: I mean yes. In addition, he you know, in two thousand and two he was charged with having a weapon of mass destruction because he had a fully automatic AK forty seven. He had AK forty seven in this instance as well, So I also have a lot of questions about how he obtained.
Speaker 4: This weapon, whether it was lawful.
Speaker 1: To me, it seems insane that someone with this previous charge and he had like barricaded himself in somewhere. It was like a wild scene.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and two he had was like a fleeing the cop situation. He barricaded himself in two thousand and two. When he was arrested, he was actually charged with weapons of mass destruction charge in North Carolina, I had multiple traffic violations and if his son was like, as far as I know, he's only ever been arrested for attack for traffic violation, I'm like, all right, bro, there's also barricaded himself in a room.
Speaker 4: With the automatic.
Speaker 7: LA.
Speaker 1: I mean to me, it's insane that someone who has that on the like to me, and once you have that on your record, that's it.
Speaker 2: I have to check. It depends where he bought it too, it depends. I mean, there should also be a failure of a background checks, so yeah, that would be that. Yeah, it's happened multiple times. There was a shooting back in time. I'm forgetting exactly. I think it was in somewhere in Texas. It was a church and the person never legally obtain a weapon. It was actually a huge failure of the background check system. So that actually could be interesting if he legally obtained it. If he legally obtained it as well, what the tie in who the funding was for the first doesn't appear to have a job. I mean, that's kind of the weird thing about this. He's flitting about living on the beach in Hawaii, at one point bragging about skimpy girls in bikinis around him from text messages that I reviewed, but then also appears to have had at least some funds to be able to travel back and forth to Ukraine to Washington. Multiple photos of here in DC in a suit and tie outside the capital, you know, implying that he was meeting with people. Listen, they're crazy people all around the city, some of them work inside the capitol. So like, was he just fronting this entire time? Like I said, I think that could be the case. They're also the secret Service. Questions here are bounding, you know. Rocanna is already calling for the director of the Secret Service to appear back in Washington. The acting director is actually currently down in Florida right now. But to have, as he says, two assassination attempts in sixty days on the former president is unacceptable. The sheriff actually opined a little bit on this. Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 5: Well, you got to understand, the golf course is surrounded by shrubbery, so when somebody gets into the shrubbery, they're pretty much out of sight, all right. And at this level that he is at right now, he's not the city president. If he was, we would have had this higher golf course around it. Well, because he's not, the security is limited to the areas that the Secret Service deems possible.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: So it's about the actual security perimeter around that. It does seem absolutely crazy. I mean, I could tell you actually, whenever I was on White House duty, often had to go to the golf course with Trump and they had that thing a lockdown.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: So the first time that I heard this, I was honestly shocked, because I'd seen a little bit of the security perimeter whenever Trump was President here. He would go to Sterling, Virginia and golf at the Trump National Golf Course, which is nearby, And I had to do that a couple of times whenever I was running pool duty. Basically just sit in the car away for him to be done. But you know, you get to see and observe a little bit of where it all is. Secret Service is always tracking his movement. They're like, hey, he's on the eighth hole. No, he's one of the ninth hole. They've got a whole perimeter around that in terms of the people who are around him. So for him to be able to get within you know, several hundred yards of the president, you know, with the long range weapon. Also, I mean, I don't think enough people are paying attention to the fact that they took a shot at him and they missed. Not only do they miss, he's able to actually lead the gap.
Speaker 3: And drive away.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, well, then you don't have a secure perimeter clearly around it or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never would have happened. Seacret Service has got a lot of questions here and we haven't.
Speaker 2: Had this many attempted assassination attempts legit ones on a former president since Gerald Ford in the nineteen seventies, in the same actually similar time frame. I think it was seventeen days where somebody came very close to killing him twice.
Speaker 3: One of them was a Manson family.
Speaker 1: I mean, Christ, it seems clear like we need to beef up security around former President Trump, like he should have the level of Secret Service protection that you know, a sitting president would have, because you know, the thing that is most troubling to me is, in some ways, this seems like a horrifying new normal. You know, once these hor horrible, terrifying bad ideas get out there in the public, there's often a copycat effect. You know, you've seen this with school shootings as well, and you say it even with you know, epidemics of suicide in areas. Once a bad idea takes hold, you know, there's no reason why we should think that Ryan Ralth will be the last person who gets it in their head that they're going to take a shot at former President Trump or an other high level elected official. So you know, to me, it's it's a no brainer. Like I said, Listen, they did their job. They made sure he didn't get a shot off. They were able to capture him through some of the fortunate good work of local law enforcement as well. But there's no reason why this individual should have been able to get even this close to former President Trump. And you know, I mean that golf course. It's it's right there on the.
Speaker 3: Stage, right right on the show, as we showed in the mask.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could see where he was.
Speaker 1: Was probably not a difficult place to get to if you just you know, duck offence or jump offence or whatever, and you're right there within hundreds of yards of the former president potentially future president. So you know, it's it's wild when you realize how actually insecure all of these situations are. Whether it's a rally, which you can understand is very difficult situation to control, but there were manifest incredible failures there, or him just going out to do something he does quite frequently, play golf on one of his golf co.
Speaker 3: Thing on the planet. You're like, oh, it's Sunday, Yeah, Trump is gonna be.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be golfing somewhere.
Speaker 3: He's like a clock.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw some people online like I already know he was gonna be golfing.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's a day that.
Speaker 1: Ends in why, like that's the majority of what he spends his time doing.
Speaker 2: I feel a bit of this way, the way that I always do about TSA, where I'm like, this is all fake.
Speaker 3: You know me, hours of my life have.
Speaker 2: Been wasted by the US Secret Service, waiting in line for them to pat me down, taking people's nicotine vapes away in the White House, going through your bag and making sure your laptop is Meanwhile, you're shaking me, you know, everybody else who's ever coming to the White House down. I'm to submit my Social Security number and all this other stuff, which I always thought, yeah, fine, you know, I'm walking into the White House.
Speaker 3: But now you get two.
Speaker 2: Incidents in sixty days, I'm like, okay, jokers, what was all of that for?
Speaker 3: Was this all fake?
Speaker 2: The entire time? This is you know, it's like, have you just been wasting our time? But you can't even do the very basics of your job. And as we covered after the first attempted assassination, a lot of that ended up being correct. You had the Columbia nightmare with all those agents. You've had multiple incidents where people were able to get close to the president, huge failures. There's some meltdown going on on Kamala's Secret Service detail. This whole agency obviously just needs to be totally burned to the ground and reform well.
Speaker 1: And that was one of the things we said after the first attempt too, is there's an illusion I had an illusion of, like, you know, oh, the protection around these high level individuals, these protectees are going to be is going to be air tight like rocks, like there's no way someone could penetrate. And so it's not only us that notice like, oh this is not so as difficult, it's not so so hardened as we thought that it was. You know, it's unhinged individuals like Ryan Ralph who also saw that and said, hey, I think I could I think I could do something here and tried to take matters into his own hands. So, you know, unfortunately, like I said, I fear that this could be a new normal. And so that's why there's there's no doubt in my mind like the level of protection, the resources that are being dedicated to his protection in particular, should be dramatically increased.
Speaker 3: Very scary. Let's go, as you said, we tease this now, mister.
Speaker 4: Ralth's everybody wants to know this guy is yeah.
Speaker 2: Put this up there. He doesn't really fit. The only thing you could really pin him on is Ukraine. Everything else cannot really So here's, for example, some tweets recently he said, I would like to buy a rocket from you to Elons. I wish to load it with a warhead for Putin's Black Sea mansion bunker. Can you give me a price? It can be old and used as not returning List's phone number and phone number aid dot in Ukraine at gmail dot com. He also asked Elton John if he would do a tribute song to Ukraine. He also wanted one from Dave Matthews Band and several other artists. Let's also put the next one please up on the screen. This has got funny summary. Ryan Ralth voted for Trump, donated Tulci Gabbard, Andrew Yang, Tom Steyer, Beto, Elizabeth Warren, and has tweets that like this yearning for a Nikki Haley vivik Ramaswami ticket, which is to say, it's a bit hard to put him in a convenient little box. Certainly funny because you're like, really vivake. He was the only person who was even somewhat consistent about Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was interesting. The Nikki Haley part makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Nikki Haley thing totally tracks. But VIVEQ like what I'm like, did you ever listen to the guy as usual? Do not expect ideological cohesion and reason from somebody who tries to kill the press.
Speaker 1: Well, plenty of average voters have voting histories and interests that look like this too.
Speaker 3: So this was a crime. A lot of people would be guilty. Finally, he actually have some words from Ryan himself.
Speaker 2: He sat down with Newsweek for an interview I think it was about two years ago or so inside of Ukraine, talking about why he supports the cause.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 6: Please tell me who you are and why are you here?
Speaker 7: Fifty six from the US from North Carolina originally so live in Hawaii now, so it flew all the way from Hawaii here. So the question as far as why I'm here, so me. You know, a lot of the other conflicts are gray, but this conflict is definitely black and white. This is about good versus evil. This is a storybook, you know, any movie we've ever watched. This is definitely evil against good. I mean, we're battling a situation here where you know, the Ukrainians and the rest of the world are caring and kind and generous and unselfish and take care of one another, and it's just a matter of you know, we need to stand up for that. That is the most important thing in the world, is just to show human beings that we're kind and we're caring, and that we take care of one another and the world.
Speaker 3: Is united and some sort of coherence there keep it together.
Speaker 2: He was doing a lot of interviews. A YouTuber actually ran into him on the street. It appears in whenever he was trying to recruit people, He's like, I'm looking for people who want to tear down the system.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for mercenaries.
Speaker 2: So yeah, clearly he had something going on within him. Like I said, I mean, my main question here is I'm like, hey, did any members of Congress meet with this guy? I'm like, Ukrainian armed forces to what involvement did you have with Ryan Rauth and the gentleman?
Speaker 3: Is there a grand conspiracy? I'm not saying that, but I mean, at the very least it is. It revealed something to.
Speaker 2: Me about the Ukrainian cause, and also I've been speaking with others. A lot of people don't with all war zones all you know, crazy chaotic situations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weirdos flock to them.
Speaker 2: Anybody in America who just picks up arms to go fight for free in Ukraine and something all together going on there, and you know, there's something that clearly was involved here for them too. Shows their desperation for who they're willing to work with.
Speaker 1: And it's also like people who have a fixation on being at the center of history, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of people like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a lot of people like that, and they, you know, flock to conflicts like this one or like others to try to you know, be live out whatever grand narrative idea they're trying to. They're trying to live out, by the way, for people who are just listening and not watching.
Speaker 4: In that video, he has his hair dyed yed half no half blue and half yellow.
Speaker 3: Yeah I thought it was an American thing.
Speaker 1: Well, he has an American T shirt on and then the hair is dyed Ukraine and yellow and blue. Just to show you, you know, the level of commitment he had to this, cause I don't know, the thing I was thinking about is how easy it is to like trick the news Meetia. I can't even really blame him, Like, you know, you set up a website, you set up an email address at ukrainead dot com or whatever, and you get a couple people. If you can get one person to quote you as a credible source, then most outlets that come after that are just going to look at, Oh, Semaphore quoted it right, Newsweek interview, This must be legit. And like I said, I mean it takes given the number of quotes they have to amass and churn out their pieces, like it makes sense. You just go like, oh, well, so and so over at Semaphore, the reporter you talked about, he said him seriously and he's a credible guy. Like all right, if you takes them seriously, then I'm going to take him seriously. And next thing you know he's built up this profile is if he's this like credible individual on the Ukrainian cause, but.
Speaker 2: He also could have been a credible individual in the Ukrainian cause. I mean, I mean that's the thing I want to know. Did they meete with him, did they funnel on any resources to him? Not the Ukraine as the US. I'm probably more involved interested in that because what we have been hearing for over two years is that every possible variation of grifter, of arms dealer, of sketchy individual is that there is a ton of money to be made in Ukraine and that it's you know, it's a totally buyer's market. And if you look at some of the people, like we've covered the arms dealer in the past, the guy who bought a yacht who is criminally not even allowed to be in arms sales, but he's printing money off of Ukraine. Malcolm Nantz, you know, was quoted in the same story about stolen Valor that Ryan Routh was in Thomas Gibbons snaffs. So there's a lot of crazy folks, a lot of them US citizens, who are involved in this. But and that's one thing. It's fine to be crazy. It's another when you put guns in their hand. Now, according to the stuff that I've seen so far, it does not appear that he did actually fight for the Ukrainian cause. He was based either in in Leviv or in Kiev at various different times with this international or organization for Volunteers is what he called it in terms of his meetings with the Defense Ministry. But yeah, like you said, it could be that he was fronting this whole time. But he could have used that to a certain end, like getting meetings with members you know, I know, to getting me mad with them of Congress. It was like, hey, I was quoted by the New York Times, right, yeah, parlayed.
Speaker 3: That something interesting. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm interested in the FBI investigation. Not that they'll ever tell us anything, I guess, at least in this case. They took him alive, so hopefully he'll have to go to trial or there will at some point there will be a plea bargain or some you know, files released through the judicial system to learn a little bit about this. Some questions about the gun that he obtained, his own travel back and forth from Ukraine.
Speaker 3: But there were some there were some weird stuff, you know, you know, I'm joking.
Speaker 4: He's actually a good point though. If that is actually a good point, the fact that they took him alive is the best sign that is there's no grand conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, right, Well, they took Oswald live.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, but that didn't last. It didn't last.
Speaker 2: Was it's only twenty four hours in right, yep, everybody got to watch the TV very dark.
Speaker 3: Let's see what happens to this gentleman.
Speaker 2: Let's turn down to the presidential race, where he's got a lot of new polling that's come in since that presidential debate. Let's put this up there on the screen. Nate Silver's general analysis. He says, today's update after an Atlas Intel poll cut against what was otherwise strong day of polling for Harris.
Speaker 3: It is a highly rated poll. Resist the temptation to unskew.
Speaker 2: Still enough good data for her that the race is now officially in toss up range.
Speaker 3: So he hasn't given us a latest update.
Speaker 2: The last one I saw for his projection was sixty forty, so toss up range. I'm assuming he's moving more into like fifty five forty five, and whatever his latest.
Speaker 1: He's any considers would be anything over a forty percent chance to be toss up. I could see that, So sixty forty he still considers to be toss up. But yeah, we haven't had an update since then to see if it's moved even.
Speaker 4: More towards her.
Speaker 2: I think that's actually quite reasonable, especially considering you know again, if you had a forty percent chance of something crazy.
Speaker 3: Happen, you would take it pretty seriously.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he would be like, Okay, I think that's quite quite a very reasonable result.
Speaker 3: Let's put this next one up here.
Speaker 2: This arguably was the most important and it was released of this Iowa Seltzer poll. This is one of the polls that arguably drove Joe Biden out of the race because it showed him so far down in the state of Iowa, which then translated to Michigan and to nearby states. So this new Des Moines Register poll actually shows Trump leading Harris by only four points amongst likely Iowa voters, quote, a far slimmer margin than the eighteen point lead that Donald Trump enjoyed over Democratic Joe Biden in the late spring. So in this poll they have him at forty seven percent, Kamala at forty three rfk Junior actually still getting some six percent here because it appears he's been unable to get himself off of the ballot. Now, obviously we don't know how that is going to split, and if you were to count all of those people in the Trump category, then certainly he'd be leading by quite a bit more at the same time, they did this poll after he'd dropped out of the race. So maybe some people are just ride or die and they want to vote for him. Anyways, he's changed his tune in some cases, he said, and sometimes he said, if you live in an uncompetitive state, you should vote for me.
Speaker 3: If you live in a battleground state, you shouldn't vote for me.
Speaker 2: But regardless, a four percent lead in the state of Iowa very far from the eighteen point lead.
Speaker 3: He had over Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and implies a tie specifically amongst the demographic that he would need the most in places like Michigan and Wisconsin and surrounding areas of the Midwest, which is why it was so important that Biden poll last time around.
Speaker 1: So in comparison in twenty twenty, Trump won Iowa, everyone expects him to win Iowa.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, let's be clear about that.
Speaker 1: This poll isn't about like, oh my god, Comlin hars has a chance in Iowa. It's because this poll is so highly rated And I'll talk a little bit more about that in a moment that people really pay attention to it, and why it.
Speaker 4: Was such a big deal that Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Was losing the state by eighteen points, and it's the state that Trump won last time by eight points. So the fact that in this poll Kamala has had Trump's margin from his you know, victory margin in Iowa last time around is a really you know, eyebrow raising result. And as you said, you kind of extrapolate out from that, like, Okay, then how is he doing in these other states that.
Speaker 4: Are nearby to Iowa.
Speaker 1: But the reason why, again this poll is so taken so seriously in terms of Washington opinion is because an Cell's or the pollster has such a unique track record of being incredibly accurate in the state of Iowa. You guys might recall back in the twenty twenty primary, when she pulled the Iowa caucuses. It was a bad result for Peter Pete Bootage Edge going into the Iowa caucuses, and his team, led by Liz Smith, was able to basically like pull the whole poll because they were so worried about what that poll would indicate for them and what sort of narrative could come out of them.
Speaker 4: Because people do take it so seriously.
Speaker 1: So that's why even though this is a poll of a state that no one expects Kamalaiyers to win. Why it's such a big deal post debate that she's within striking distance here only four points of Donald Trump is because it has such a track record of being incredibly accurate.
Speaker 4: So really interesting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, RFK Junior is going to stay on the ballot in Iowa. He's going to be on the ballot in a number of states because he pulled out so late that it was actually too late to get him off the ballot in quite a number of places. In North Carolina, he was successfully able to get his name off of the ballot, but it actually could you know, caused quite a lot of problems for that state because they had already printed the ballots, they were ready to go out and start their mail in balloting process. They're one of the earliest states in the country with all of that, so I had to delay that by several weeks and incur a significant expense in order to get his name off the ballot. Other states said no, sorry, too late. You're here, you're you know you're going to be on the ballot, and Iowa is one of those. So, you know, we'll see whether that takes any votes.
Speaker 4: From Trump at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the day in a state like Iowa or others where he remains on the ballot, but it is expected that he will be there in November.
Speaker 3: So Iowa, that was a big one.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the next one because this is actually useful just to look at a lot of the post debate polling landscape. And so we have here quote seven A and B rated polls post debate, so ABC News and IPSOS, this had Harris up by plus six. That was actually very significant because that was Harris plus six amongst likely voters. Reuter's IPSOS, so they had Harris up by five. Yahoo News, You Gov, they had Harris up by four. You had others Harrop four times. You gove Harris four. Data for progress Harris four. And it was Atlas Intel. That's the one that Nate referenced a little bit earlier that showed Trump up by three.
Speaker 3: So this was in the national election.
Speaker 2: Obviously, this is a little bit over the map when you include the Atlas one, but outliers certainly are ones that exist, and so it's actually better that they publish it so we can just consider and look at all of that things are possible. Atlasontel's correct everybody else is wrong, or if you just kind of look at the overall average of this, you would say there's a relative Harris bump here.
Speaker 3: And now, remember she does need to win.
Speaker 2: The popular vote by two to three points in order to maintain an electoral college victory, so you shouldn't be celebrating too much. You should also remember that Joe Biden was beating Trump by even larger margins in twenty twenty and twenty sixteen. So I guess, really what I would say is, I think that Nate's analysis of we're back to toss up just seems the probably best way to look at the analysis. In general, there's been too much public polling now and a lot of ways that people have reacted since that show that Donald Trump did not do well enough in the debate to consider even doing it again. In general, I think I was a major missed opportunity, as I said, because why would you take somebody who doesn't do well in scripted interviews or it's scripted situations and just give her, you know less, or and just give her the least amount of time the best possible performance for her to be able to run on when she can continue challenging saying, hey, I want to do another debate. She's not I think forcing it too hard. She's probably pretty happy to be where she is. But for Trump to be the first one to come out and just be like, there will be no third debate, I still think it remains a problem for him. And because sixty seven million people watched it on television, probably eighty to ninety million consumed the content overall, that's half of all registered voters in this country. And you know, look, maybe I'm wrong, maybe we're just so polarized people don't vote on that stuff anymore.
Speaker 3: But there's not a lot of evidence of that.
Speaker 2: Considering the twenty twenty two Roe versus Wade voting, where you had a lot of people who previously voted Republican who ended up voting Democrat or who had not previously voted same would stop the steal. There's been tons of major margins that do not fall within the in polarization metrics. So for example, Josh Shapiro beating Doug Mastrano by such big numbers, Yeah, John Fetterman winning by a decent margin there, Carrie Lake getting destroyed right now in a lot of the polling that we see in Arizona. So you just can't tell me that there aren't at least some swing voters that are up for graphs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, even if it's just marginal, we're talking about a race, it's going to be one on the margins. Yes, So no, I think it's a major strategic error for Trump to be like no, absolutely not no more debates, which is why I still hold open a possibility he may yet change his mind, especially if the polling becomes, you know, more consistently in the direction of Kamala Harris plus four or five six. And you know what was noteworthy about the in fact, can we put back up the graphic we just had a three up on the screen because it has not just the actual poll results, but then you can see them plotted on a chart. I thought this was kind of useful. You can see where the debate is, and then all of the polls post debate, save for the one, which again we shouldn't discarred. It's important to keep track of that one, but all of the other ones are really clustered in a similar place.
Speaker 4: Whereas prior to the debate.
Speaker 1: First of all, the overall sort of like average of the polls was lower, and also they were scattered over a wider plot, So I thought that was interesting to see the post debate result there. The other question with debates is, you know, it's not uncommon that there's a bump coming out of a debate. It's also not uncommon that that bump goes away. Two more points to make before we get to some of the other polling. Number one of all the various like electoral prediction models that exist now, Nate Silver's is the most pessimistic for Kamala Harris. The other ones all project her to you know, have again, it's like a in the toss up range, but like a fifty six or sixty percent chance of winning the electoral college. Need is a little bit of an outlier in terms of being pessimistic. Now, he's also the person who sort of like invented this whole genre, so you know, I think it's worth taking seriously what his model is saying. And he was closer to being accurate a twenty sixteen than a lot of other individuals too. But just wanted to point that out. And then another thing that stuck with me that I saw someone point out online is, on the one hand, I think there's an appropriate skepticism of the polls of a potential miss honestly in either direction. One thing that is different, though, because sometimes I get start getting these like twenty sixteen vibes, which I think probably everybody has had it at different moments. But one thing that's genuinely different between Kamala Harris's profile and Hillary Clinton's profile is even though Hillary was up more in the polls at this point, she always had a very negative favorability rating. She was like underwater by like sixteen points on the favorability rating. Kamala is like even And to me, that makes the scenario very different. You know, that was always sort of looming over the potential Hillary Clinton results is basically like, yeah, the poles says she's up, but man, people really don't like this lady. And that is not the same dynamic here with Kamala Harris, which I think could end up being significant.
Speaker 3: Certainly possible. You know.
Speaker 2: It's just there's so many confounding variables that I really just think it's better to just like present all the info and be like, you can make up what you want from it. I guess I could see it in all different ones I could actually see a major democratic miss. It's unable to capture the same way that happened in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: That's the most recent polling myst that we have.
Speaker 2: They or we're off by five or so points. A lot of that was Roe versus Way. There's been so much dynamic change in the electorate in just the last ninety days, you know, last one hundred days or whatever. For Kamala, that's a pretty And that's the other thing, is that a problem for polling. Almost would forgive them. It's such a crazy scenario. It's difficult to poll only for one hundred days and try to get to peg like who exactly is voting or not and not be able to capture that. I could do it the other way, which is that look is very possible that Trump's strength is understated. With all of this, you've got the whole likely voter problem of you've got people who are traditional Democrats who like answering polls.
Speaker 3: This is a big twenty twenty thesis.
Speaker 2: So that we could have replicated that, maybe we're been unable to solve. There's some other interesting stuff that points more in the Harris direction. Let's put this up there for example, it is just from the Financial Times. This is significant just because it does show some divergence on the economy. FT finds that Kamala quote better represents the interests of middle class. It says forty nine to thirty six for Kamala Harris small business.
Speaker 3: See that's the.
Speaker 2: One where I'm just like, really, is that really true? Forty eight to thirty.
Speaker 1: Seven passion business, She said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But you know, small business owners are the most conservative people by Democrats.
Speaker 1: But you have to keep you have to keep in mind, though, this is a poll of everyone, right, So you're asking everyone who do you think will be better for small business? I think if you just ask small business owners you would maybe get a different result, because you're right, they do tend to be conservative. But this is like you're asking the entire electorate who do you think will be better for these groups?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, okay, so small business was for is it forty eight to thirty seven? Union members says forty five to thirty five. Blue collar forty three to two thirty six. I will say that on Trump, you know, I don't necessarily want to be where he is. They have him at sixty four to twenty for large corporations on who they think you would be better for, and sixty seven to nineteen on wealthy people. So that was the individual ones the overall economy, and I think that's kind of interesting. The respondents also of those who were more likely to trust Harris than Trump on the economy, actually watched the entire debate, so that was fascinating.
Speaker 3: I would say, overall.
Speaker 2: Is very, very favorable for her, So you know, take it for however you want. I'd never seen her beat him on the economy. You know this badly before. Yeah, I would more put it as an outlier, but again it could be one that you could look to and say, if Trump does lose the election on the margins by a couple of points, and it's in these swing states, it very much could be because of issues like this, where if you feel the thing is Trump, the Republicans lost twenty twenty two even though they had a huge margin on the economy. So that shows you that Roe and stop steal can actually overcome even when you're winning on the overall economy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're just tied on the economy, that's bad enough. If you're tied here and you get this big row benefit there. I could see that being a big problem for them. So again I have no idea what's going to happen. I still think Trump could very easily win, but I would say there's certainly danger signs for him. And in such a close race, you should just always be doing your best in order to try and you know, go across the finish line.
Speaker 3: You were not the underdog, you know, throughout this entire thing.
Speaker 2: Now you're kind of putting yourself in a category where look, a month from now, we could say, hey, this is the things are not looking at gred for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think if she can even get in the ballpark with him on the economy, it's yeah, that's what I mean, pretty devastating for him. And you know, Republicans historically have typically that there's an instinct among the American public to just assume Republicans are going to be better on the economy. And then Donald Trump that was always his core strength because you know, he's the businessman, et cetera, et cetera. And you always point out sagerback in twenty twenty and when we're looking at the polls and saying to the Trump people like you guys are told, are toast, you don't have a chance. That was the number they would always point to. Yes, but he has this significant edge on the economy, and look, it wasn't enough.
Speaker 4: He's still lost, but.
Speaker 1: That was indicative of there is more strength for him here than we thought. So when I see these numbers and yeah, could be an outlier. We shall also point out financial times we cover before they have been asking you know, who's better on the economy, and their previous poll had Harris basically tied with Trump. This pole has her up by a little bit. So they've been seeing this trend for Kamala Harris as not consistent with some of the other poles that we've seen, where he continues to have a clear edge over her on the economy. But like I said, if she can even narrow that gap and get within striking distance, that's more devastating for him, honestly than almost any of the other polling data that I've seen, because that's their bet. And she was able in that debate because she moved the conversation where she wanted it to go. He got so distracted and enraged, et cetera, that he wasn't able to consistently land his points that him and his campaign have wanted him to be making on the economy. If he decides he's genuinely not going to do another debate, he's outside of paid communications, not going to have a lot of opportunities to continue to land those points and to the point about them, you know, not really hitting hard on the economy and getting distracted in ways that the Hairs campaign wanted them to get distracted with. Harry Anton was pointing out over on CNN, Actually the biggest search terms being associated with Donald Trump's name now have to do with the eating their eating their dogs, eating the cats, eating the pets Haitian situation, which we're about to talk about with za Jalani. But let's take a listen to Entin's analysis there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what are the rising things that people are googling along with Donald Trump's name. It's not what Donald Trump's campaign would necessarily want, right, It's eating pets, it's eating dogs, it's eating cats. Obviously that was Donald Trump's moment on the debate stage. Of course, that's a fagazy story, it's not real, it's fake, yet he went after it.
Speaker 10: This is a disaster.
Speaker 9: Who the heck if you're running a presidential camp that you'd want your name being Google with eating pets, eating dogs, eating cats like that.
Speaker 10: That's gracious.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean maybe he thinks it's a win, so they do think it's a win. The Trump at least thinks it's a win.
Speaker 3: He thinks it's a win, so does JD. I'll say it.
Speaker 1: All, No, say someone out because we'll get ze in the next one. So go ahead and just give us your top line thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: I think that they are making the same mistake that they all made during Stop the Steal, which is they believe that anything that directionally points or causes argument around the issue that they think they are going to win on, like immigration. They believe that anything anything is justified in talking about in backing up and not for surrendering on in order to focus the conversation. Now, as I had said to them at that time, I think they're fundamentally incorrect, because I think a lying to people is I'm gonna put morals out of it. Lining to people are saying things that are incorrect, give you too much to be discredited on when people say, then I don't believe anything that you say, So for example, stop the steal. Everyone was like, look, it's not about Bamboos and Mike Lindell and all of us. I'm like, well, Trump thinks it is. But they're like, it's about mail in balloting laws in the state of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: I go, hey, bro, but that's not what people are talking about.
Speaker 2: You guys are saying that the allegtions should not be certified because the Pennsylvania Supreme Court made a ruling on mail in ballots. That's not the same thing that you're talking about. So you want to talk about Haitians, Let's talk about it all day long, about TPS, the legitimacy of migrant law, asylum, etc. I think that's a winning issue for Republicans, and polls show that. But when you start claiming people are eating pets and dogs, and then when you get discredited on that, and then even worse, you start to take anecdotal evidence as fact in and of itself. The current defense is my constituents say, listen, I'm going to give you news. Most people who are interested in politics are stupid and weird. Like, if you are at the local level, and by the way, include myself in that. So if you were at the local level, and you're calling your congressman. I've manned enough of these phones. If you have the time out of the middle of your day to call your congressman and complain, you're freaking weirdo ninety eight percent of the time. So that we're just going to take these people's word. I mean, how many times do we see these bullshit election affidavits.
Speaker 3: That were completely fake fake?
Speaker 2: You don't stop the seal, Oh I saw this, blah blah blah, fake, did an investigation? Fake, oh saw this. Judge literally looks at it, laughs and throws out of the courtroom. They see that as evidence of the conspiracy, which is part of the issue. So I mean, in general, they have this idea of directional truth.
Speaker 3: Now look, in their defense, it's for real though sent dystopian con it is.
Speaker 2: But I'll give their defense on this is that Trump tells small lies to tell bigger truths, like he tells small eyes about Haitians to get us talking about X, Y and Z.
Speaker 3: And you know, I have to take myself out of it.
Speaker 2: In twenty sixteen, if someone shit like this was happening when he did the Cauzier Khan, the Access Hollywood the jud you know, all this stuff. I was like, there's no way this guy could win, and he's still won. So maybe they are right and maybe their theory is correct. I don't think there's enough recent evidence to show that it's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you look stupid.
Speaker 2: I actually think that what it does is it validates this idea of well anything, It validates like Russia Gate. Oh, because we have Oleg Deripaska and an adossier that Christopher Steele put together that says you.
Speaker 3: Know, X, Y and Z.
Speaker 2: We spent two years as a country litigating that. And Democrats rightfully where I think we're eviscerated for believing that, you know, Donald Trump peede on somebody and there was a video of it. That's the same you know thing that you're you're doing here. We're like, oh, well, I heard from a neighbor's daughter's friend on Facebook.
Speaker 1: By the way, the Facebook lady is like, yeah, just she regrets putting it up there. She's like, and she heard it from like somebody, and somebody was like third hand potential possibility.
Speaker 3: My top line is just listen.
Speaker 2: You know, I think people are smart, and I think they're actually a lot smarter than you give them credit for. And I think when you are telling lies and they see through that, they both don't trust you. And you know, this whole jiu jitsu, there's this high IQ jiu jitsu right that goes on.
Speaker 3: I called it high IQ. Stop the steal at the time. I don't think it works. I just don't.
Speaker 2: I think that poll after poll after polls is the chaos and all this stuff around Trump is actually what people feel exhausted by. That's part of the reason he lost to twenty twenty election. Stop the Steal was a huge hindrance to them in twenty twenty two. I see no evidence that it will work this time. Listen, they're the ones running, so maybe they are right, and if they win, I'll eat it.
Speaker 3: But I don't. I don't know. I mean, at the.
Speaker 2: Very least, I personally, I think it's ridiculous and stupid. But listen, there's maybe enough people who the pets thing gets them thinking about the migrant situation and that's enough for them to vote Republican. Again, I don't see any I don't see evidence recently that that is correct. I think it's actually a really bad way to do politics. I also think, you know, for them too. You're betting everything on the line here, guys, Like, if you lose, you're done, like your net. Think about it serious in terms of being taken seriously as a party apparatus. I know this Trump is exempt from this just because he's like bigger above that category.
Speaker 3: But for everybody else jd included. You're a young man, dude. You know you got to live your whole life in this town.
Speaker 2: If you lose, you're gonna be one of those senators who's a lifer. You want to be like Josh Holly put his fist up and hasn't seen a light of day in four years.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be like that. Yeah, So it's like why why now? And there's no no choice. Yeah, going on, it is genuinely over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you either win, you or put it everything you were either win or in my opinion, like sign up for the Holly category like enjoy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I don't think it's a fun place to be.
Speaker 1: Well, we were talking about this on Thursday after our show, and I said, because we were we were looking at the like polymarket odds on whether Trump was going to.
Speaker 3: Say cat Yes, didn't say it, by the way, he said pats.
Speaker 1: But I said, he's going to talk about this because he thinks this is good for him, because he can't tell the difference between good and bad publicity. He thinks any intention on him is good, and it's been driving him crazy that he's not been the main character.
Speaker 4: So the public has developed.
Speaker 1: Some in the media and the political class every he's developed some immunity to Trump's insanity.
Speaker 4: Over the years.
Speaker 1: So the things that send the media into a tizzy that worked in twenty sixteen, they don't work the same way in twenty twenty four. Right, like the you know, she turned black thing? Everyone is for one day like what the hell? And then they moved on, and Kamlires very smartly, was like, same old playbook, who cares, Let's move on, let's talk about you. So this is the first time he said something outrageous, disgusting, insane enough that it did send everybody into a tizzy. And so he likes being in that situation again where he gets to control the narrative. But yeah, it's not the same as twenty sixteen because this is yes, it feeds into a I guess, the conversation about immigration, but I would argue it actually undercuts your position on immigration because you're not talking about this as an economic issue, you're not talking about this as a housing issue. You're talking about it in an incredibly sorry, racist way. And so people look at this and go, oh, like, oh, that's what this is.
Speaker 4: Actually all about.
Speaker 1: So the framing on the issue is the polar opposite of what you would want. And number two, it validates the democratic frame of like, these people are just weird, Like they're just a bunch of weird freaks.
Speaker 4: And when they're googling you.
Speaker 1: With pets and dogs and cats and whatever, and you think it's great that people are making tiktoks making fun of you. You don't even see that they're like mocking you to your face. You think this is wonderful for you. But the reality is that this actually just validates the democratic framing the way they have wanted, the lens they've wanted to apply to you. So being the main character in this instance not always the thing I think you ultimately want.
Speaker 2: The reason I'm just not willing to is I'm a cynical person, and I think that there's a lot of people out there who may like it. I think that there are people who really enjoy the media getting.
Speaker 3: Upset and liberals.
Speaker 2: I think that, look, there's a decent enough evidence on the immigration question as well, that a lot of people who care about immigration don't care about economics at all.
Speaker 3: They're worried about demographic change.
Speaker 4: Those people are already voted, yes.
Speaker 2: But you know, let's say it's not even about swaying, it's about getting those people out to vote. Maybe that's enough to get them off the couch or their relatives. The immigration situation has been crazy enough that, you know, maybe it's enough that for them to forgive that or to think about this whole policy thing again. I don't see evidence for that, but I'm not going to discount that possibility. He has turned out people.
Speaker 1: I'm going to waund that possiblity.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The other thing here.
Speaker 3: Did win in twenty sixteen, he won.
Speaker 1: He won in twenty sixteen, he lost, But he's been losing ever since. Lost in twenty eighteen, lost in twenty twenty, lost in twenty twenty two. This guy does not have the touch in the sense that he used to. And this will fit in with, you know, the conversation we're about to have about Laura Lumer. Like his posture in twenty sixteen was tabloid, it was sensationalist, it was New York pos right, it was the tabloid like finger on the pulse in a raunchy, over the top, obnoxious way, but yeah, finger on the pulse. Then in twenty twenty, he's like Fox News Grandpa, which there still is a large appetite for in the country, right, mainstream sort of conservative Fox News Grandpa talking points.
Speaker 4: That's good enough to get him close.
Speaker 1: Now it's like truth social or like you know, the weird echo chambers on Twitter listening to Laura Lumer taking advice from her as if she's a positive asset for your campaign. I just think he's completely lost the plot. And Dave Weigel tweeted this, which I think is really true. He's like, sometimes you're living rent free in your opponent's head because you pissed your pants and they think it's really funny. Like not all publicity is good publicity. And we already know from the polls we just covered this did not go well for him, Like it did not go well for him.
Speaker 4: The more people, the more people were familiar.
Speaker 1: With the debate and things that he had to say of the debate, like the pets thing, the less they are to support Donald Trump. So in a sense, like the verdict is already in with the polling and what has come out of that. She's narrowed the gap on the economy, She's even narrowed the gap on immigration and how who people think would be better on that issue? She was seen as She's she's improved in favorability. Donald Trump has fallen in favorability post debate. The polling has been almost uniformly better for her. So like I sort of feel like the jury is already in with the data that we already have, and you can say these poles are.
Speaker 3: All off, that's my point.
Speaker 1: But but we're looking at poles, We're looking at the trend line, right, And so even if you say a given pole is off in their methodology, if the trend line moved in her direction, that still is representative or reflective of a real change that actually happened, given that they're using the same methodology.
Speaker 2: But if he wins, what is he going to take away from this? What are him and JD going to take away from this? I mean, if you win the election, you know, and you pursue this, you get put back into the White House. I mean, I think that's frankly, like we need all need to grapple with that. Then we're like, okay, well we're gonna have to have some twenty sixteen ever conversations again about like, all right, clearly there's something going on here, you know, people are.
Speaker 4: It could also be though in spite of this, not because of this, but possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At the very length, when you win, all sins are forgiven. And so if you look at it and you think about it, if they win based on this, I would say it actually gives them the lead way to do whatever they want. They can say, listen, we've said this, We got away with this Americans when we told our directional truths.
Speaker 3: They listened.
Speaker 2: So mass deportation on the table, any family separation back on the table. We're not listening to the media criticism. We're not listening to any of this bullshit anymore. We're unhinged, and frankly, I don't think they would be wrong. You know, if they do win the election, even when they were conducting themselves this way and all that, I think it tells you something pretty clear about where things are going. You may not like that direction, but it's very possible. So I guess I'm just this is a test of political theories. My theory is that you should not lie to people, do the directional truth. My theory is that constantly trying to validate, you know, this partisan bullshit like no offense, Christopher Rufo, but this whole thing about like, oh, well, some African guys forty five miles away barbecue a cat in twenty twenty three, I'm like, yeah, but that's not what we're talking about here, and that's.
Speaker 1: Not even potentially reality. But anyway, you paid five thousand dollars though, Yeah, whatever, regardless.
Speaker 3: Of whether it's true or not. I'm just like, but that's not actually what he said. That's not what he said. They said X Y and see.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean I think politicians should have to tell the truth. I think that when they say things based on quote unquote anecdotal evidence, as you know, as backing up allegedly. You know, I'll put it this way, just because some of your constituents said that X, Y and Z was true, you know, he's jad keep saying it. My constituents keeps saying this is true, my constituents.
Speaker 1: So he has produced seven months up.
Speaker 2: But go on, Yeah, but even if that's the case, that's not a good enough standard to come out of your mouth, Like your extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You have to be able to And also as a politician, I mean, part of the reason that we don't live in a quote unquote direct democracy and we do live in a republic is this idea that the founding fathers had of mediation between the whims and the whims and the like, the.
Speaker 3: Movement of the mob and considered people.
Speaker 2: That's specifically, the entire job of the United States Senate is to cool the temperature of the country, to provide due diligence and deliberation around where things are now. Throughout our history there has been deep vacillation between wanting the diligent, the professor, the Obama and then the id people like Donald Trump or many other populos, not even at the national level, at the state level too. So I could be again, they could be right, like they really could be running some sort of Richard Nixon style nineteen sixty eight silent majority. The media treated Nixon the same way. The problem I have is I read about Nixon. Nixon probably had like a one to sixty, IQ, we might be one of the smartest people who has ever held.
Speaker 3: The Oval office.
Speaker 2: It was a lot more disciplined, he was a lot more considered. Sure, morals weren't always there necessarily, but I think he was a very smart man, a very calculating man, and in many cases he was a very good president. So I don't see the same, you know, the same link between them. But they have a theory, and the theory has worked. I mean, anybody who can win the Oval that's something. And you know that's something that I know because in that moment I said, how could this man ever get elected? And he did so, I mean it shattered my political consciousness for all time. I can never just sit here and just be like, no, I don't think it's going to work. I mean, really believe I could be totally wrong about the way that I viewed the public, and I've been proved wrong on the show so many different times.
Speaker 1: The theory they have of Americans is deeply cynical. He might be right, because I mean, think about what they've incited in this town, not just against the legal, by the way Haitian residents of this town, but against the whole town. You have the mayor, you of the governor begging for them to stop, because now it's not just Haitians who go to those elementary schools that have been subject to bomb threats. It's not just Haitians that want to seek treatment at the hospital that's been subject to bomb threats.
Speaker 4: It's not just.
Speaker 1: Haitians that are like under siege in this little Ohio town that JD. Vans, by the way, represents as his constituents. It's this entire town. And so, yeah, their bet is that actually the core concerns that people have again about immigration are not actually about housing, wages, what cetera, et cetera, are the things that you talk about, soeer it's not actually about that, it's actually just like racist. We don't like these people because they're different, and we want them out, and so we're gonna plan to that. We're going to lean into that. That's the bet that they're making. And I just don't believe that. I don't think most Americans want to see themselves as racists. I don't think they want to have their policy views or who they vote for for president driven by just like explicit racist fear mongering. And so it's a little bit it's too naked, right, it's too mask off. And this is what the conversation we had about the life Kamala Harris she turned Black thing too, where I was like, this is not going to work because it's too naked a racial appeal and most people you got your you know, you got your people out there or who are cool with that. Unfortunately, that is a reality that exists and has always existed in American and probably always will exist. The overwhelming majority of Americans really do believe in like the best ideal of.
Speaker 4: The melting pot. They don't want.
Speaker 1: To see themselves as explicitly sexist, racist, xenophobic, whatever, and you're kind of stripping them a plausible deniability here with this whole Haitian pet situation.
Speaker 4: So that's why I think, to.
Speaker 1: Me, it's just very clear that this is a fail, that it's already a fail even and I'm not saying that it doesn't mean he can't win, but if he does, it will be in spite of this, because we already see the way the poll numbers have moved against him post debate when this became the Congress.
Speaker 3: Counter is simple.
Speaker 2: The counter is is that rapid demographic change doesn't mean that you're racist. It means that you want control roll over that, even uncontrolled system.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's not what they're saying.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But I'm thinking about this is what this is.
Speaker 2: Look, if you get somebody to vote for Trump in spite of this on the immigration question, it's going to.
Speaker 3: Be this all right. I got two choices.
Speaker 2: I got a candidate who We had more illegal immigrants enter the country under their terrain than a decade before. We have the highest level of the foreign born population since the nineteen hundreds, We have ethnic strife. Do we want to live in a Balkanized America of ethnic enclaves in various different cities where half of these people don't speak any English. The vast majority of them are semi literate, they don't have a high school degree. I mean, by the way, these Haitians, these people are here under TPS, which is supposed to be temporary, but they're not even supposed to be here.
Speaker 1: We don't actually even some of them. I'm sure that's true for some of them. Some of them the indication from the mayor and other authorities, they actually have been here for years they moved into the town from other places because there were job opportunities.
Speaker 2: So the ones okay, listen, So I'm just what I'm saying, migrant That s implies forever permanence. They're here under TPS, which is supposed to be they're supposed to go back.
Speaker 3: So when are you going back? And that's part of the problem.
Speaker 2: In America, we have an immigration system where you can just come here and say, oh, I fear for my life, and you get to stay here forever. Basically, even if the court tells you to leave, you don't have to leave. There's no enforcement. You're in a town of Springfield, Ohio. You're what is it, sixty thousand people, Your mayor and your leaders have decided to invite others. You didn't necessarily sign off for that. The federal government puts you there, and you say, listen, this is intolerable to me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to live this way. Now.
Speaker 2: Look, my parents aren't immigrants, so this is complicated. But all I need to do is go back and read enough history where let's put yourself in the shoes of these waspy elites or others. And it's eighteen thirty. You're in this newly industrialized economy. You're previously an agrarian society. You and your parents, you know, your family goes back to Jamestown or fought in the Revolutionary War. And now your whole neighborhood is Irish and people are wasted all the time beating the crap out of their wives working at the factory.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, is it legitimate.
Speaker 4: Pulling out the anti Irish bigotry?
Speaker 2: They passed prohibition because these people were drinking a leader.
Speaker 1: Tell me about the Italians. I'll tell you the problem with them. But I've been saying they immigrated. They okay, but yeah.
Speaker 3: We shut down immigration about fifty years.
Speaker 1: But this is the point, is every single wave of migration we've had, like there have been, you know, similar fear mongering about these girls. They'll never integrate and they'll never learn the language, and they'll never be part of society. We're gonna have these Balkanized ethnic enclave neighborhoods, et cetera, et cetera. And every single time, guess what generation later, they're just American. Their kids are speaking English, they're eating McDonald's, they're doing the whole shing. You talk to the people in the town, you know, not the ones that like, you know, right wing YouTubers were interviewing that we're calling the Haitian immigrants quote unquote sand monkeys. Yes, this was proffered as evidence that this was legitimate. You know that this was a legitimate criticism. But if you talk to a lot of the people in the town, this was a town that was struggling, right. It was like the town that I lived in Ohio where the jobs had gone away. They had seen a massive population, a depopulation, and that's death for a town. It's death for you know, the infrastructure, it's death for the tax base, the schools, everything. I don't doubt that there are entirely legitimate concerns about you know, when a group, whatever group it is, wherever they come from, moves into the town, just like in Texas and Austin, right in other places where white people have moved in and it's like, oh shit, the housing prices are going up, et cetera, et cetera. I don't doubt that there have been challenges there, but there have also been really positive things. The pastors are saying, Hey, the churches are full again. You've had a huge community rallying around actually the patient migrants, Haitian migrants to the region, white people eating at the like Haitian restaurants, to show solidarity the.
Speaker 8: Good But.
Speaker 4: Disagrees allans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever it is, I've had it. I had it when I was in Miami.
Speaker 1: Disagree, disagree, But in any case, you know, I just you and I see this very differently. That's been very clear in our discussions before. But to go back to just like the political point here, I just don't think that the reality for most Americans is that they experience in their daily lives this sense of like deep ethnic and racial strife.
Speaker 4: That's just not the reality.
Speaker 1: And Americans have complicated views on immigration, I think more complicated than the views in Europe, because we do have this conception and this reality as a nation of immigrants, and that is a core American value. So while it's completely legitimate to have debates about how many immigrants and how many can we process, and what are the burdens on the resources, et cetera, this sort of naked racial appeal, I already think the data shows proves it's a bridge too far for people, and it's not the way that think about.
Speaker 3: These A lot of people like to think that. I don't necessarily believe it.
Speaker 2: I think that, if anything, pouring more all of these illegals into the country over the last five years has probably exacerbated it to a level which, as you know, I don't necessarily want to see it. That's just my last counter is that at the end of the day, you have massive foreign born population here in the country that has always led to major strife. Now, you can just whitewash fifty years of history, but that's not how people saw it at the time. People, you know, we were fighting World War One. The Irish population didn't want to fight because we were supporting the English, and they were like, hey, we fled the English. The Germans were literally pro Kaiser during World War Two.
Speaker 1: They fought World War One, Okay, anyway.
Speaker 3: Fight okay.
Speaker 2: Well, during World War Two there was a massive Nazi fifth column here in the United States because of the German population. Ask the SS who had great files on all of our people.
Speaker 3: There is a problem.
Speaker 2: Now, does that mean that Japanese people should have been thrown in Terman camp and Germans and all of them should have been racially discriminated against. No, what I'm saying is foreign born populations at very very high levels cause re strife inside of a country. They people at that time responded to it by shutting down the border for fifty some years and restricting immigration so that all of those people could assimilate, which led to the Golden boom of the fifties, the sixties, and the seventies. It was only in sixty five that the Immigration Naturalization Act changed after some fifty years of assimilative policy that was instituted. If you want to live in a society that you and I probably want to live in more socially democratic. In Denmark, for example, if you're Muslim, you don't get to play the Quran if you're in school, they're like, oh, you're Muslim, that's cool, we don't do that here. In France, same thing, you're not wearing that hijab, and they have major problems with that. If you want to live in a socially democratic country. A lot of the times they have deeply restrictive immigration policy, specifically over resource questions and over ethnic homogeneity. I'm not saying that everybody has to look the same. I think people should speak the same. So when people come here and the vast majority of them are semi literate and Spanish and they don't speak into English.
Speaker 3: Is a huge problem.
Speaker 2: Like you can't even pass a test to be able to enter into the most basic citizenship guidelines. No, sorry, you have to speak English to be able to come here. I don't think that's racist. You could call it that if you want it. And that's part of the issue, is that everything that gets described as racist, or even talking about ethnic conflict or you you know, everyone. I don't think it's racist to say that there were a lot of people here who were huge drunks, A lot of them were immigrants. In the nineteen tens, we passed prohibition because of them, because America was so fed up and including women who were all getting the crap beaten out of them. You can whitewash that if you want, go listen to the people at the time who pass those laws, Like you have to think and consider about what is legitimate and not and so I don't think it's necessarily racist.
Speaker 3: Now some people are racist, that's not true.
Speaker 1: I again the points about what should the level of immigration be over what period of time. I think it should be a lot more. You think it should be zero, Okay, by.
Speaker 3: The way, I think we should show the public it's not.
Speaker 1: A warrior position. But again I think people hold on. I think those points are a fine debate for a country to have. I do not think it is a fine debate to rain down a to invite a campaign of terror against a small town based on yes, racist neo Nazi fueled. By the way, these are the people that originally were spreading the rumors was patients eating pets. That is racist, okay, And that's my point. That's my point is that when Trump, if Trump was making a kay and Republicans were making a case as they were previously about like too many and chaos at the border and crime which by the again undocumented immigrants commune less crime than the native born population, and actually less crime than documentar armor.
Speaker 3: It's outside.
Speaker 1: But again, when you're in that realm, you're talking about housing, you're talking about you know, the issues in this okay, But when you make a naked racist appeal that is undeniable, right, it's not even plausible, and it's just a lie. You are going to lose people, and you're going to lose ground on the issue. And again, I don't even think this is my opinion.
Speaker 4: This is what the.
Speaker 1: Polls and the data show at this point. But you know, to go back to the core of the debate here, like this town is kind of a model example, right, I mean, this is an extreme situation. There's some dispute, by the way, about the twenty thousand figure, but we'll put that aside. There was a significant influx of migrants to the town, There's no doubt about that. There's no doubt that there have been I think the issues with you know, a lot of the Haitian immigrants there hadn't previously driven, and there's like you know, traffic accidents. There has been some increase in housing prices, although that has also been widely overstated. There's been an increase in burden on the public school in particular needing like second language learning, like those are real concerns. But there also has been a huge increase in the vitality prosperity of the area, huge increase in terms of the average age. Again, I've lived in one of these towns that's dying and the population is getting sucked down, and it's a huge boon to have new population coming in, which is something conservatives recognized when it's Florida that's receiving the population and it's white people, right or Texas receiving the population and it's white people. But suddenly when it's you know, Haitians, some of whom again have been here for years, suddenly it's you know, a massive crisis and a massive problem. And there's and there's no there's no recognition of any of the any of the many benefits that do exist on the other side.
Speaker 3: Because they're white. It's because they're illegally here.
Speaker 4: They're not the Haitians are not illegally.
Speaker 1: Bullsh but that's not but but that is different to say I object to the program. To say it's a program I object to is totally different from saying that this they're illegally here. They are not illegally here here, they're here legally, and it's not fos pre.
Speaker 2: Time because they're fleeing from a temporary situation that we are very much uh implicated by the way.
Speaker 3: And creating over doing here buddy in the world gets to come.
Speaker 4: But they're not there illegally.
Speaker 1: They're they're legally, they're they are in a lot of ways like the model minority group.
Speaker 4: They've got jobs, they're.
Speaker 1: Working hard, they're going to church, they're building community institutions. They followed the process that was set out for them by this government. They're here legally, and so no, you look at it, and you know, maybe you can nitpick abo okay, but they you know, some of them don't speak English or whatever. But it seems to me the primary difference, the primary difference in not recognizing any of the upsides of this population is that they're not why you're A're.
Speaker 2: Totally right, but it's not about being white. It's about the fact that the factory owners love cheap labor. I was just talking to somebody who was down there as a reporter.
Speaker 3: He's telling they're making good wages.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're making good wages, which is more than which is less than they were paying the native born citizens.
Speaker 3: So that's why we should factory guys like, oh, it's great, I don't have to deal with these white drives.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me, let me take you out of it. Because you so things like unions, but you know Jdvance has a zero percent scoring record with the AFLCIO.
Speaker 4: Trump is a union bestor.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, but hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, but hold On a second, Republicans only care about things like wages and housing when they can use it as a way to scapegoat migrants.
Speaker 4: If you care about.
Speaker 1: Wages, which I do, then there are a lot better ways to increase the wages of the native born population than scapegoating migrants and lying and say they're eating pets.
Speaker 4: If you care about.
Speaker 1: Lowering the price of housing, make it more affordable accessible, there are a lot better ways than s gooting immigrants and saying they're eating pets. So I think their concern on this issue is not genuine. Again, this is not about you, This is about them. Their concern on this issue is not genuine. And the reason I know that is because none of their other policy prescriptions or stated concerns have to do.
Speaker 4: With those issues.
Speaker 3: If apply to you, then or what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, how does it flip saying well, if you support mass migration, but just because you vote for the pro Act, how can you possibly pre pro labor?
Speaker 3: It's just not true, of course it is no. But it's not because because it is a massive.
Speaker 1: The primary problem for workers in this country is not immigrants.
Speaker 4: It's not immigrants.
Speaker 1: I mean, in fact, immigrants, the influx and population has increased our GDP. Now I know that's a hold on Well, that's the point, and that's why I support the policies that I support to make sure that when the GDP increases, that those fruits that increased productivity is distributed more more, you know, generously among all working class populations. So there are much better solutions to housing and wages than scapegoating immigrants and lying and inciting like a racist hate campaign against this town based on a third hand Facebook account of someone eating a pet.
Speaker 3: Look in the pet thing. It is not fair. Nobody's defending I know you're not defending that, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying that whenever it comes to the legitimate concerns about like, oh, the factory are in, the mayor likes it. Listen, since what have we ever trusted factory own rich people in town.
Speaker 1: This was a democratic call, and this was a democratically elected mayor. Yes, they have a chance to vote him out of office, and they don't because the town has been in certain key ways, not every way, but in certain ways has been improved by the fact that you've had more jobs, more vitality. These immigrants who are there legally are contributing to the community, are paying their taxes by all accounts, are you know, buy and large minding their business and doing their thing and being good neighbors, and that piece that there's yes there. I'm not going to deny that there is. Like you know that there's friction and there's growing pains, and all of those things are real. I'm not dismissing that. I'm not saying that you're like racist if you think that that's I'm sure a reality. But you also can't ignore that there have been benefits to having this population there, just as there have been benefits of like you know, the white people that move to Austin or that moved to Florida or wherever that created additional vitality for those areas too.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 2: The fundamental difference is those are legal US citizens and these people are not. Now, maybe these hates are there legally, well, okay, well we'll see, you know what, when we legally are required to send them back, I hope that we also do. But second to this is the simple question around managed change manage demographics. They came here on an unregulated system where anybody in the world who shows up at the southern border and says, I fear for my life, gets to stay here for years on end. It gets a work permit because the Biden administration that releases them into the country. Trump did it too, so he's not off. So did George W. Bush and the rest.
Speaker 3: I think that's wrong, especially.
Speaker 2: Whenever most people who aren't so conveniently at the southern border have to apply and pay a lot of fees, you know, to legally take a freaking English and you know some other guy from Guatemala g has to come here and he doesn't have to take anything is to work illegally on the back end. But this is the big question. Now, as I said, if Trump wins, I think it will be because of this. I think enough people will look past that. You may call it racist, but they'll say.
Speaker 4: Look, wait, no, wait, do you not think it's racist?
Speaker 1: The pets thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, like listener, okay, when we say races, like what does that mean? Like, look, well, I mean this is the issue. This is uncomfortable territory.
Speaker 4: But it's not uncomfortable. It's very clear.
Speaker 2: Well, as Mary and Williamson said, what are we going to ignore that there are like weird practices sometimes in the Haitian community.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not saying the.
Speaker 4: Majority share the religion of JD.
Speaker 2: Vanson our which are yeah, okay, but there's Santaia, which is a well documented thing and has had a long time in the Caribbean community.
Speaker 1: Take a third hand lie and smear an entire community with it.
Speaker 4: That is the definition of racism.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, calling the.
Speaker 1: Definition of racism and how it does not apply to the same.
Speaker 2: The definition of racism is explicitly being biased against someone purely because of their race. And I don't necessarily think that that's where we're at here now do I think that we are in a situation?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, was it biased? Is it?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of the ways and look, people would say, always twisting themselves in the knots. It's just because my barrier for like what I call racist is high, because I think it's a very misused word.
Speaker 3: In franklyship are stupid.
Speaker 1: But sometimes you got to call a spade a spade.
Speaker 2: I mean, and when you look as they're black, I have a problem with them. Yeah, I'd be like, yeah, that's racist. But you know, just when you oh, there's an issue here in the Haitian community specific, when you.
Speaker 1: Take an issue and you smear an entire community with it and which was not even true.
Speaker 3: It was just a lie. Yes, it is not true.
Speaker 1: I mean that's like textbook racism. And yeah, the term gets turnized you, but sometimes it applies, and it applies pretty clearly here. So, you know, to wrap up, and perhaps since we are going to talk to that about this as well, and we got to get onto the rest of this show and we're going to have more conversations about immigration, et cetera, which I know you all appreciate and I enjoy exchanging with you on this as well. But to wrap it up, the reason that I think this is a clear political fail, the whole PET thing is a clear political fail for Trump is I just don't think that Americans are this racist. I just don't. I think that they see it this as disgusting. I think we have the polling that shows they know that it's not true. They know that it's a lie. People don't like being lied to either, And so you know, whatever valid concerns there are about immigration, su're fine, you're actually undercutting your position on that by front loading with just like this explicitly racist nazi back to line.
Speaker 2: Without taking your words, I will say I think it's a mistake to generally wager whole reputation on this whole Haitian thing. I'd much rather have a lot of the talk that I just gave around demographics and management and all of that. But you know, at the same time, listen, I mean, they're the ones who got themselves elected.
Speaker 3: Maybe they know something that I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not pollyannaish to believe that everybody thinks about these things the way that I do, or that you know, the so called better angels. I think a lot of that is fake, to be honest, and so we'll find out on the ballot box. And if they win, I actually do think some of a lot of it is basically all of it will come back to immigration. And if that's true, then I think liberal shoud ask themselves a lot of quite now if they lose too, we should also talk a lot about too, about the way that we when you can be on a winning side of an issue and how you screw that up. And there's probably a lot of evidence here if they lose the election on this, and I would hope that they take that away. If they do lose, but knowing them, that's certainly.
Speaker 1: Not not on the table.
Speaker 2: At the same time, there has been a new war declared by Donald Trump. Let's put this up there on the screen, he declares yesterday, quote I hate Taylor Swift all caps. They're on through social It is unclear currently what exactly did this. His initial reaction to the Taylor Swift endorsement of Kamala Harris after the debate was that he likes Britney Mahomes much better. That is, Patrick Mahomes's wife, who had appeared. I don't know if she's posted pro Trump content on the.
Speaker 1: Shit, liked something on Instagram, maybe.
Speaker 2: Because people are so fridiculous, it's common anyway, So Brittany Mahomes likes some pro Trump stuff, and Trump says, I'm actually more of a fan of Brittany Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's put.
Speaker 2: This up there on the screen. The Democrats responded to this, also bringing in some tailor. This is incredible because this is real, by the way, it says, Donald Trump's week of whining and spouting conspiracy theories has voters on both sides of the aisle ready to forget that he existed all caps. The American people want out of the woods of the chaos and division of Trump Era, leave behind the blank space of Trump's broken promises, and begin again by electing Vice President Harris to ensure America's future opportunity is long lived. Voters know all too well how dangerous Trump and his Project twenty twenty five agenda will be if he wins this November. We can make sure this this is the last time we have to deal with this endgame of jacking up taxes all the middle class, ripping.
Speaker 3: Away American freedoms.
Speaker 2: Together, we can turn the page on Trump Era and write a new chapter where all Americans breathe easy, knowing we strong leadership of the Helm. We can make sure the story of us is one of progress and show Donald Trump we are not going back to December of twenty twenty like ever so PEP For those who didn't get there were a lot of tail Swift references.
Speaker 3: Inside of that one.
Speaker 2: You only have to be a weirdo like me to understand every single one in terms of what this endorsement actually means. Very likely he could be reacting to this. Let's put it up there on the screen. There has now been some four to five hundred percent increase in voter registration. Now keep in mind this also happened after the debate, so we can't singularly link it to Taylor Swift. We do know that in the twenty four hours after she posted a link in her Instagram story, some half a million people did visit vote dot gov. We don't know the exact number of people, but exactly four hundred and five thousand of those people were referred directly from the Swift Instagram page quote. Such a number dwarfs the website's usual traffic, which averages only some thirty thousand visitors per day according to Target Smart. It has led to that increase in voter registration somewhere between nine to ten thousand.
Speaker 3: People per hour.
Speaker 2: Crystal signing up so declaring Warren Taylor Swift probably the most beloved pop star in the United States, possibly the world most popular figure, specifically amongst women, the demographic that Trump is suffering the most with not a smart strategy.
Speaker 3: I guess I could just put it that way.
Speaker 1: No forty chests on this one.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's no. I mean, I don't think it's forty chess on any of this stuff. I think a lot of it is stupid.
Speaker 4: It's like gut reaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, Oh, she doesn't like me, so I don't like her. I'm like, Okay, let's see how it works out.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I could be totally wrong, you know, but even other Republicans are like, hey, this is a really bad idea. There's no reason. Luckily, you know Taylor herself. She's not trying to get too political. If you read her post, she's like, do your own research, vote for wherever you want. But I'm supporting Kamla. It's unlikely that she'll do anything. Maybe Travis Kelcey or any of that will get involved. But I guess the real point and why it's dumb, is just it's the ultimate tabloid headline. This is the type of thing that actually penetrates. It's like this in parts right. This is the type of thing on TikTok on Instagram. You're checking out at the grocery store and you look at the magazine thing you'sed like Trump declares, I hate it's so clippable, it's so soundbiteish.
Speaker 3: And that's part of the reason I think it's stupid.
Speaker 2: It feeds into what is he doing this time, like, oh, he said, what you know, because it's not Mika Persinski we're talking about here.
Speaker 3: This is Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: This is the most popular lady in the United States. Yeah, this is the last vestige of the monoculture that we have here. So yeah, why, well you know why. But I mean the reason is because it's Trump. This is what he does.
Speaker 1: I mean, my hot take about the Taylor endorsement was that it probably won't matter. And my hot take about Trump saying I hate Taylor Swift is that it probably won't matter. But that's the and make it a smart idea because there's certainly a possibility that it could matter on the margins. And the other thing is, I don't know if you guys we mentioned on the show, but I don't know if you guys saw this. There was this whole a while back, like fake AI generated campaign to pretend like Taylor Swift had endorsed Trump, and of course she hadn't, and she never intended to endorse Trump, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: And if she ever had a thought.
Speaker 1: Of staying out of this race, which she's not a particularly political person, she has weigh in before she has endorsed Democrats before. But you know, if she ever had a thought about staying out of this race, that door was really closed for her by that fake Trump campaign. Because then you just feel like like I got to set the record street, you know, I have to come out and say something because of And then I think the whole childless cat Lady's thing also apparently got under her skin based on.
Speaker 4: The way that she freezed.
Speaker 3: She does love cat her endorsement, she.
Speaker 1: Is a childless cat lady, so she she felt personally attacked and made a point of that in her endorsement, you know, with the pose with the cat and signing a childless cat lady whatever. So if I were to make an argument that this matters, it would be that, as you were saying, Sager, she hasn't like overly inserted herself into the race. But if he's out there tweeting provocations and being aggressive. You know, I hate Taylor Swift and he can if he continues to go in on that, then maybe that forces her to be more engaged. Maybe that pushes her to be you know, more overtly political, to cut some ads, to appear at some rallies.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: The other thing that just not that we could ever get into Trump's psyche, but he definitely did like Taylor Swift previously the way he talked about her. There's a famous video two of him driving car with Baron in passenger seat listening to blank Space, So we know he has enjoyed her music in the past, and he got asked about her kind of recently before the endorsement, and this is what he had to say about how he felt about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 11: Then what do you think about Taylor Swift was one of the most famous people right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think she's beautiful, very beautiful. I find her very beautiful. I think she's liberal. She probably doesn't like Trump, but I hear she's very talented, but I think she's very I think she's very beautiful actually.
Speaker 4: Unusually unusually beautiful.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean usually he has the sense.
Speaker 2: So he never attacked Oprah, right, he never attacked because he always respected one of the only people he ever feared, reportedly Michelle Obama.
Speaker 3: Taylor. You know that's the similar one where it's.
Speaker 1: Like the tabloid part of him.
Speaker 4: He respect celebrity, respect, celebrity power.
Speaker 2: Know, you know how popular some people are and you know, then in terms of there's one thing to say it doesn't matter, which I think actually fine, you could say that's a legitimate opinion. It's just another to be like I hate Taylor Swift and it's like for what possible reason.
Speaker 1: And I think it makes you look like kind of childish, Yeah, childish exactly.
Speaker 3: It gets centered around what me.
Speaker 2: I actually think one of the most potent democratic attacks is he cares about himself and about Yeah, that's what it all feeds into. And just yeah, everybody mag out there's like there's a strategy behind I'm like, no, there's not, Guys, there's not. You know, just how can you still say that? You know, after all this time, there's no forty chess. He's just capriciously saw something, decided to tweet it and there's no thought or anything behind it.
Speaker 3: Now will it matter it will be the end result? Probably not. But it's just like, why it's not a smart play?
Speaker 1: Definitely not helpful. Yeah, there you go for sure, it's not helpful. Is it like, you know, super damaging? Who knows, but definitely not like a really savvy strategy here exactly? All right, to continue the pets conversation, We're happy to be joined this morning by a great friend of the show, Zed Jalani. You guys all need to go and subscribe to Zed's newsletter.
Speaker 4: What is it called the American Saga? Is that the name of it?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Exactly, I have the you were out just the Americansaga dot com so on substick amazing.
Speaker 1: Everybody should definitely check that out. So Zed and I were able to provoke the ire of value presdential candidate Jade Vance. We'll get to that in a moment, but center Vance was on the Sunday shows making his case for sort of acknowledging that the Haitian pets lie was maybe not true, but also giving quite a noteworthy explanation for why he continues to lean into it. Let's listen to a little bit of how that went.
Speaker 13: My constituents had brought approximately a dozen separate concerns to me. Ten of them are verifiable and confirmable, and a couple of them I talk about because my constituents are telling me firsthand that they're seeing these things.
Speaker 10: So I have two options, Dana.
Speaker 13: I could ignore them, which is what the American media has done for years to this community, or I can actually talk about what people are telling me. And of course many of the things that the media says are completely baseless have since been confirmed.
Speaker 10: For example, I was told.
Speaker 13: Dana that the American by the American media that it was baseless that migrants were capturing the geese from the local park pond and eating them.
Speaker 10: And yet there are nine to one to one.
Speaker 13: Calls from well before or this ever became a viral sensation of people complaining about that exact thing happening.
Speaker 14: First of all, the Clark County Sheriff and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources reviewed eleven months of nine to one one calls. They only identified two instances of people alleging patians were taking geese out of park's. They found zero evidence to substantiate those claims. But you're not just a bystander. You're the senator from Ohio. So instead of saying things that are wrong and actually causing the hospitals, the schools, the government buildings to be evacuated because of bomb threats, because of the cats and dogs thing.
Speaker 13: But I want to start with something he said which I think is frankly disgusting and is more appropriate for a democratic propagandist than it is for an American journalist. There is nothing that I have said that has led to threats against these hospitals. These hospitals, the bomb threats and so forth. It's disgusting. The violence is disgusting. We condemn it.
Speaker 14: We condemn all violence under this happened after you and President the debate stage.
Speaker 10: You asked a question, go ahead and answer it.
Speaker 3: After that.
Speaker 15: What if I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm going to do.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 1: If I have to create stories, he says, to get people to pay attention to this, then that's what I'm going to do. It seems like a pretty extraordinary enssionment.
Speaker 12: To the Z.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I think if you watch the rest of the clip and what he's talking about. Basically he substantiates that by saying that he has had constituents call in saying they've heard rumors about other people's pets, you know, being taken, so on and so forth. So you know, we would use those calls to create the story to draw attention to this legitimate issue. I mean the problem with that is, you know, you're a us centator. Right, You're not someone trolling Facebook for rumors. You're not, you know, taking information that doesn't hasn't been substantiated by anyone, whether it be a reporter, whether it be police or local officials or even local NGO. You know, you have to be responsible with how you respond to those things. Right, And the reality is not one person in that town I stepped forward and said my dog or my cat was eaten by somebody, by a Haitian person or anyone else for that matter, because then you would end up filing a police report, they would be a press story about it, and they would catch whoever was responsible. They would have rent make an arrest, so on and so forth. The way that these urban legends spread through communities is usually that somebody says, oh, my neighbor lost their cat. Could have been a coyote, but could have also been an immigrant, and someone posted on Facebook, and people say, oh, the Haitians are eating cats. I've heard that. Oh you've heard that. We've all heard that over the weekend. I heard that. Forty years ago in the Atlanta area where I live, when Koreans are moving in, there were rumors about cats disappearing right, because in Korea, you know, dogs in the Far East is probably the only place in the world where there is some common accepted practice meeting cats and dogs, even though it's not that common among the people, and it's kind of falling out of fashion for a lot of people. And it's actually almost impossible to find a creative American or Chinese American who would do that here in the United States. But that's how these rumors spread and start, right, And I think you know, if Vans and Trump want to know how politically salient it is that they're doing this. You GOV did a poll where they found only nine percent of Americans think it's definitely true.
Speaker 12: Right, So for the first time, the.
Speaker 11: Republicans are kind of losing an immigration debate in the past three years. Right, So was that really the best move in the world to rely on Facebook rumors?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Well, Zed, you got tangled a little bit with the vice presidential candidate B two B. Please guys, let's put it up there on the screen. Zed, you tweeted this springfield was declining for years until they saw on increasing jobs and growth driven by people moving in that means more wealth, healthier budgets. Are there no upsized immigration in your view, what about Usha's parents? Would they have stayed in India? JD replies to you, dude, I've always liked you, so maybe they should be a longer conversation.
Speaker 3: But come on, are there no oup?
Speaker 2: Sized immigration is a radically different question from should we drop twenty thousand people from a radically different culture in a small Ohio town in a matter of years? He goes on significantly, But consider if he were here today, what would you say to him?
Speaker 11: Well, look, I actually relate a lot to JD in some ways, right, We have a similar life story in a few different ways.
Speaker 12: I mean, for.
Speaker 11: One, I think that some of what he's voicing is probably his actual view, right. I Mean, they're all politicians, they're all trying to win an electoral race. But I think that his life's trajectory kind of suggests that maybe he really seems to believe what he's saying. He's someone who grew up in a town where I think his parents and particularly his grandparents were from a culture or subculture that he saw was dying. I think when he wrote his memoir He'll Billy Elegy, he analyzed that in sort of a personal way, right, he was kind of letting out his trauma or his childhood experiences. He kind of blamed the people around him, He blamed kind of cultural tendencies, so on and so forth. Once he got that out of his system, I think over the next few years after that, he started to look at it in a more sociological way, right, he said, well, why were these people engaged in these counter productive you know, habits and cultures. Maybe you know, there's these larger problems with globalization, with job flight, with the easy access to drugs and counter productive materials. And I think he started to make more of a political analysis about it, where he sees himself as representing those people. And part of what he did is, you know, he moved back from the Bay Area. He had gone to a law school, made money out out on the West Coast. He moved back to Ohio, and he tried to say, I need to represent those people. I need to be a voice for them. And look, I mean, I it's not That's the similar a story for.
Speaker 12: Me in many ways.
Speaker 11: You know, I was born and raised outside of Atlanta and went to DC for a long time, and eventually I fought the colin to come home and so I came back here, you know, a couple of years ago, and you know a lot of people I grew up around were white folks and a little bit poorer and working class places like Mapleton where I was born, and you know a lot of them flew their rebel flag, right. But also my parents were immigrants, so you know, I knew Indians and Nigerians and Mexicans and people from all kinds of backgrounds growing up. And you know, you could say those are different groups of people, but there's something all those groups sharing common. And I want JD to hear this is that people look down upon them, right. People say, you know, they're poor and ENERGYCID, they're backwards, they follow weird customs, culture traditions and religions that they're always.
Speaker 12: Going to be in that station.
Speaker 11: But everyone I knew, from from white folks flying the Confederate flag to African Americans to all these you know, migrants and immigrants who are coming into the area, you know, all of them were working to try to improve themselves and better their families.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 11: And you know, I think when JD makes arguments about you know, housing prices or about you know, the logistical issues traffic, healthcare costs, on and so forth.
Speaker 12: Those are all fair things to say about.
Speaker 11: The growing pains and immigration, I mean those those happen in every circumstance where large numbers of people are moving in. It's happening in metro Atlanta and in Codd County right now, where I grew up. I mean, those are largely not even immigrants from the rest of the world. From the rest of the country though, and we're having issues transit, with traffic, with infrastructure, so on and so forth. Those are all fair points to make. But I think when he starts making it a cultural argument, you know, I think in some of his sweets you talked about how people are from a very different culture, right, and I think that that, you know, alays into what he's talking about the animals and the pets. You know, it's kind of suggesting that these are kind of like an alien group of folks, they're not compatible with us here in the United States, that they somehow have some kind of inferior or backwards attitude. And look, that's JD. That's exactly how people talk about your ancestors, about Scott's Irish, right, Like, where's the term cracker come from in the US context, you know, it was a term used to derogate poor people Scott's Irish, largely in the South, who were seen as just following alien customs. They were ill temper, they're quick to fight with each other, they were very backwards, and they could never make any things of themselves.
Speaker 12: Of course, you know that's wrong, JD. Because you're you're a US citor.
Speaker 11: Now, you went to a law school, but when you were growing up, I'm sure plenty of people look down upon you and they said that you're just you know, your your white trash, you're backwards, your family's all messed up. They could list a million different ways of things that they that were wrong. But you knew that you were you were worth more than that, right, And I think that's that's a lot of what I would say about these people. They're you know, you can't judge them. I think in in this way that kind of makes them in this category where they're never going to make anything of themselves. Because the reality is loc Haitians have been in the US and large numbers since probably the nineteen sixties. There's like half a million Haitian Americans in Florida right when I don't think Florida Republicans are going to be quick to demonize those people because it would be politically toxic.
Speaker 12: For them to do so.
Speaker 11: And I don't think it's going to be any different from these people moving into Springfield.
Speaker 12: Right. Springfield was losing population for a number of years.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 11: You know, I went to grad school up in Syracuse. I was there for twelve months to my masters. Syracuse and a lot of those upstate New York towns, all those rost belt towns, de industrialized towns, weren't a debt spiral because people moving out meant that you had not only fewer jobs, but you also had fewer you had less tax revenue, right, meaning they and fund services, meaning that they couldn't keep a lot of the city going as people continue to move out.
Speaker 12: So they were.
Speaker 11: Constantly trying to get people to move in, and that's what Springfield did. Around twenty fourteen, they started a campaign and said, hey, people need to move here, along with a bunch of other towns in Ohio, by the way, and they found some success by having people from the rest of the country, people from other countries, start moving into Springfield, start taking jobs, start working, providing you know, revenue, economic growth. I mean, look, it's true that a lot of big employers and big business want immigrants to come to the country to loosen the labor market, sometimes the lower wages, to give them more of an affordable deal. But that doesn't really mean that in every circumstance possible, you know, immigrants are bad for your community or bad for your country. Right in a place that's dying, that needs people to come back, it needs people to come from anywhere to come there and develop and start actually, you know, not only bring new jobs, but also tax revenue, new construction, housing, and so on and so forth. It's not really a bad thing to have people moving there and actually rejuvenate the place. Of course, there'll be growing pains and doing that, but a sure way to respond to that would be to go to that community, understand their needs and talk it out rationally, right, rather than turning it into a giant political circus that has, unfortunately now these racial overtones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zad, your response was very compelling and also very diplomatic. Mine was a little less though I had put it up on the screen. What Jad said to you kind of irritated me because now that he's provoked this whole out rageous racial panic. He wants to say, Oh, let's have a nuanced conversation about housing, Which is my point here. I said, when you insist on spreading neo Nazi fueled smears about immigrants, which these pet cat dog lies were fueled by literal neo Nazis leading to bomb threats, kind of closes the space for this intellectual discussion about pluses and minuses of immigration that you're now retreating to. Dude, he didn't like that very much, she says, Crystal Ball, I really hate neoliberalism. I'm a populist. Also, Crystal Ball, anyone who doesn't think twenty thousand cheap laborers should be dropped on a small Ohio town is a neo Nazi, which is not what I said. But in any case, I would also say someone who has a zero percent voting record with the AFLCIO and who owes his position in significant part to a billionaire backer maybe doesn't really have a lot of like to stand on with regard to populism. But putting that aside, z, I'll bring you in for the diplomatic response here. You know, when you lead with the very racial angle, that's just about culture and is also just a total lie and not about any of these more legitimate topics of conversation. I don't think that helps enable that broader, more nuanced, potential theoretical conversation that he now wants to have after initially starting this panic.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I think that's exactly right.
Speaker 11: Like, look, if someone was trying to talk about, you know, Israeli. This is a topic that's been all over the news the past almost a year now, and they started with an anti Semitic conspiracy theory, right, they can't really fall back and say, wow, look, I just want to have a conversation about foreign policy.
Speaker 1: That's a great point.
Speaker 11: You know, you need you need to be careful about how you engage in these things. And I think this is something that Republicans are learning because, like I said, this is probably the first time and during the Biden administration that they're really losing an immigration debate where they said something that people just don't believe that make them look, you know, like they're trying to start some kind of racial or cultural conflict rather than deal with the very real challenges of I think, you know, increasing levels of immigration and at the same time you know, I want to say something about you know, he questioned your your posture.
Speaker 12: As a populist.
Speaker 11: But the reality is that the history of populism in the United States and some cent elsewhere, but I know more about the United States, is that when we develop these kind of US versus them frames, you know, immigration and race and culture does get drawn into that at times.
Speaker 12: Right, So, like I'm reading this book about Tom Watson.
Speaker 11: Tom Watson was this great you know, Georgia populist right, and the first half of his life he was fighting against convict leasing, which was like ninety percent blas in Georgia, which is like slavery by another name, you know, used by many of the richest and wealthiest politicians in Georgia to undercut wages and also just to expose prisoners to brutal conditions I mean, far worse than prison labor today.
Speaker 12: I mean, it basically was slavery.
Speaker 11: But in the second half of his life he became basically an outright white nationalist right and you know, he was against African Americans and so.
Speaker 12: On and so forth.
Speaker 11: I mean, this is a guy who went from organizing bands of men to protect blacks from lynching to advocating for those various same things in the second half of his life, and like that was all part of the populist tradition in Georgia. Right, you could mobilize people against the landed gentry and like the big farms and being a very populist, but also you could say, hey, we have a white interest against black folks, against Jews, Catholics, on and so forth. And I think you know, Vance needs to consider that trajectory for his own life, Right, does he want to fall into that kind of dark side of populism?
Speaker 12: Does he want to be someone I.
Speaker 11: Mean questioning I legal immigration, talking about border security. All those things are valid, and that's always going to be a case. It's always been the case in American policy. Those things are hot by topics. Republican Party in particular has always been very active and talking about them. But when it comes to actually suggesting that, you know, this latest wave of immigrants whoever coming to the United States, in the case of the Haitians, they are legal, they have legal status and their TPS, you know that they're somehow incompatible with our values, with our culture. At that point, you're kind of chopping up people who are just trying to.
Speaker 12: Work and get by and pitting them against each other.
Speaker 11: Right, And you know, you want to talk about big employers and what they do to undercut wages and why they advocate for a looser immigration. That's all fair and good, but once we start, you know, having a conflict between people from varying ethnicities and ancestries and cultures. I mean, look, one of Donald Trump's worst moments on the debate stage is when he stood up there and said he didn't have a health care plan. He had a concept of a health care plan. Somewhere in this country right now, a husband and wife are talking about how they can't afford you know, life saving procedure or how they're facing bankruptcy and tiers are streaming down their face. I mean, jad spend a little bit of time talking to your boss about how he's going to address that problem. I mean, there's so many problems you can address in this country without hitting you know, the latest poor guy who have arrived on our shores is just trying to make a business for himself and a life for himself and a family in Ohio right against another person who's also trying to do that, right, And that's that happens to be the case in Springfield.
Speaker 2: So that let me push you a little bit, and let's think about this. Donald Trump passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. He abandoned a lot of the so called like economic policy that he ran on if he ever believed it in the first place, and he got ten million more votes. And in fact, if you look at a lot of the political science research on immigration and others, some of the people who vote for him on immigration don't care about the economic concern. So maybe in an era I mean crystalizer that have a massive debate on this, maybe in an era of rapid demographic change, the cultural argument is actually the one that resonates.
Speaker 3: The most with people.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, you may think it's immoral, or you may think it's wrong, but what is your confidence that it is the political loser that you believe.
Speaker 3: It to be.
Speaker 11: Look, I think it probably depends on where and when you're talking about, particularly in Europe. I think that there is a represent and actually I'm going to write a story about that.
Speaker 12: There was a good paper on it.
Speaker 11: There is a representation gap between public officials and the general public. The general public does think immigration is happening too quickly. The base of changes is too rapid, and they tend to I think most of their backlashes about culture. Eric Kaufman, who's a kind of a political scientist, a little bit conservative leading, but very fair and honest, has said that in the survey work, that's what they find. It's not really about economic it's not about logistics. It's about culture. People think their culture is being replaced under attack, and that it's dwindling compared to some kind of foreign culture which they don't really like or understand.
Speaker 12: That's particularly the case in Europe.
Speaker 11: In the United States, some of the immigration backlash, I'm probably most of the immigration backlash honestly, is dealing with those factors. But I don't think it really shows up as a political winner overall. I don't think there's a ton of evidence that Americans believe that their culture overall is being overwhelmed or somehow asumed or replaced by foreign cultures, not just because there's a different nature in the in the nature of the countries right, the United States is not found on ethnicity. It's not founded on one religion or creed. Really, it's founded more based on you know, there was a set of Northern Europeans or wasped who found in the US. But each wave of immigrants who came in, you know, successfully assimilated and while at the same time somewhat changing the culture at a pace and rate that I think has generally been accepted by Americans.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: You mentioned, for instance, that like Trump increased his minority votes, but I think part of that also is in twenty twenty he barely talked about immigration real relative to twenty sixteen, I think he had shifted to other issues. I think things like him, really his COVID lockdowns probably appealed to a lot of people who maybe don't really particularly mind immigration, don't particularly mind you know, a more diverse culture in some ways, but maybe we're aggravated by democratic, you know, bureaucratic demands in one onech way shape or form. I do think, Sager, what you're describing probably is very powerful in the Republican Party at this moment. I think a lot of them probably would crack down even a legal migration, which I think is part of their complain about the Haitians and about TPS.
Speaker 12: But I'm not so sure it's such a winner overall.
Speaker 11: Like I'll give you an example, my governor here in Georgia, Brian Kemp, Like he made a point to go in campaign before first and second generation immigrant community. So like he went to a de Valley event outside Global Mall, which is this big like you know, South Asian, Indian and Pakistani shopping center in Georgia. And I don't think he said anything beyond you know, condemning illegal immigration, the same rote things as everyone else. And the guy is sitting on a sixty one or sixty three percent approval rating. And I think John Hassa probably lays awake at night hoping the NRC does not recruit in percent it because you know, a state like Georgia Old South, you know, used to be a creatile confederacy, is also a state that's rapidly changing. And yet you know, you go to a small town I do improv comedy in a small town that voted seventy five percent for Trump, and yet you know, every every street corner is an immigrant. The Hispanic festival happening. You know, you know, half my team is Asian or black, right, Like, that's a Republican county that I'm in, right Like, I think for the most part of people in this country are accepting of those things, and the people in the middle.
Speaker 12: What they don't like is lawlessness. They don't like chaos.
Speaker 11: They don't like border towns being overwhelmed and then people being shipped this way or that way, and they feel like disorderly right like people are being put upon. I think that's what they dislike. But America is one of the last countries on Earth. I think we're going to get away with this argument that, like, you know, you can't you can't have anybody but wasps in the country. We're not that kind of people. That's not I don't think that really gets to who we are as Americans. And that's where JD, I think, is making a political misstep here. And even if he feels that way, Look, dude, like this country is going to be like sixty to seventy percent white for your entire lifetime.
Speaker 12: Dude, you're not. You got to get people to have more babies. White folks gotta have more babies. That's it's not my fault they're not having more babies.
Speaker 11: I think even JD has said is at one point that they need to have more kids. So like work on family policy to get that achieved. But you don't have to worry about being, you know, your culture being wiped out. I'm less than one percent of the country. My culture, my culture is very strong, our families are very strong. I feel very secure in it. But that's partly on me, right, It's partly about how I engage to preserve my traditions and my culture. And you know, I think JD has every right to do that with his with his fambilanage.
Speaker 12: Going back to eastern Kentucky z To.
Speaker 1: Bolster your point, you know, you made the point about the governor, the Republican governor of Georgia. The Republican governor of Ohio also came out and said basically like stop doing this, you know, stop doing what you're doing. And he also is, you know, quite popular in the state of Ohio. One election handily last time, you know, actually outperformed Jade Vance by quite a significant margin. I think he also didn't have as strong as an opponent as JD. Vance. But to bolster your point about the politics of this, put B three up on the screen. It's not just some of the aspects that you point to that I think Americans don't like. I think they also don't like being lied to, and and of overwhelming majority of Americans, you know, huge gap between those who think that this is true and those who think that it is false. So majority fifty four percent say this is false, twenty six percent say that it is true. A majority of Trump voters do buy the Haitian pet lie. Effectively, no Harris voters buy it. And then the independence it was, you know, quite lopsided in favor of No, this is a lie. If you look at men, fifty four percent say it's a lie. If you look at women, fifty five percent say it's a lie. So yes, within the Republican base, they buy whatever it is that Trump wants to sell them. But they're already voting for Donald Trump, and more of those you know, swing voters, independence, et cetera, they see pretty clearly through the game that they're playing here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and look, I think that I'm not someone who's saying that, like any skepticism towards immigration, particularly when we're talking about the lawlessness that happens, you know, at the border, drugs and crime and guns and gangs and so on and so forth, it should be taboo. Obviously should not be taboo. And I think when you do the same polls of Americans about those issues. They're very concerned about it, and it's a perfectly legitimate thing for the Republicans to address and bring up that Biden has has failed to handle a lot of that properly and create a more orderly immigration system. I think where they're like, like you said, I think where they're really kind of falling off is by creating this kind of cultural conflict between saying, you know, like, okay, I'll give you guys an example like Douglas Murray. Right, it's like this kind of posh, right wing British commentator. You know, after there were some rights in the UK, yeah, right, very much. So after there were some riots in the UK. There was there was a stabbing actually I think it was by an African migrant who was a Christian background. For some reason, someone spent a rumor it was Muslims. So there are all these riots aimed at mosques and the Muslim communities, and then Murray comes up and says, look, this is the result of you know, you don't let us talk about immigration, and what do you expect blah blah blah, And it's like, dude, every election in the West is particular in Europe for the past like ten years, has been about immigration. He's constantly all over the news, daily mails, so on, and so forth. But I think really what he means, the frustration he's feeling is you can't just say that, why don't we just keep our countries white?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 11: Like, That's probably what he feels, And I think that there is a faction in the Republican Party who feels that way. But my counter to that is that that faction, I think is very online, Like they tend to be people who have prestigious positions, that think tanks who tweet a lot and put out white papers. But in the actual world of Republicans, you know, you go to Florida, Texas, Georgia, you see diverse communities, you know, voting Republican. You see people in verious small towns in world parts of the country welcoming you know, to Hanno's and people who have roots who are one or two generations removed from the United States and from European American culture.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 11: I think in the actual world there isn't quite nearly as much hostility towards these things as you might see among you know, certain right wing influencers among the Charlie Kirks of the world, among some of the people maybe JD follows on Twitter or on social media. And I think the Republican Party he needs to calibrate for that if it.
Speaker 12: Wants to survive.
Speaker 11: And I'm not doing the twenty twelve you know autopsies saying they have to be one hundred percent pro legalize everybody, loose immigration policies.
Speaker 12: So on and so forth.
Speaker 11: But they do have to avoid being racist, right, They have to avoid being racist, and they have to avoid looking like they just want the country to be full of white folks, because that's not the country anymore. And a lot of people who are curious about voting Republican, who agree with Republicans on taxes, who agree with Republicans on social policy.
Speaker 12: They want, you know, strong police.
Speaker 11: They're kind of skeptical about abortion, the morality of abortion, particularities Latin American immigrants are a lot of people who want to vote Republican. I'm not going to vote Republican if they feel like they're being insulted every day, right, or someone's going to spread some racist theory about their group every day. If they're putting those kinds of people into power, right, and that I think is the line they need to kind of straddle. And I think Vance needs to understand this that a lot of what he's saying about global capital, a lot of what he's saying about families and how hard it is for his family are true, and they resonate very well with people for for good reason.
Speaker 12: But man, you gotta you got to you gotta take race and.
Speaker 11: Culture out of it, right, You've got to understand that a lot of the conservative cultural values you value are the same ones. Probably a lot of those folks coming into Springfield from from Haiti value right. They probably value strong families. They're probably kind of skeptical about abortion. They probably want good policing. I mean, I haven't heard about any big crime wave as a result of these people, probably because they're sick of that from where they came from.
Speaker 12: They're happy to be in a.
Speaker 11: Country with a rule blaw with police where people criminals do get punished, where if somebody ate.
Speaker 12: A cat, they would be punished for it. Right, we'd all hear about it, we all know about it.
Speaker 11: Wouldn't have to work rely on this blurry video that Chris Ruppo's sending around, you know, like UFO Bigfoot style, right.
Speaker 2: So, well, we're going to find out if you're right or not said, I'm very curious. I'm of several minds about it, as we've talked about for ad nauseum. Now at the show, I really appreciate you as always, Thank you for coming on and we hope to see you against you great.
Speaker 4: To see a zad.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So there's been a lot of discussion about individual who appears to be a major advisor to President Trump.
Speaker 4: That would be Laura Lumer. And I'll save it for Sager to explain who this lady is because she could probably do about her job.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should do it so she doesn't. Lumer me.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so let's go and put her tweet up on the screen. This is just some of her recent work, where she even got a visibility limited warning for hateful conduct from Elon Musk's Twitter. She says, if Kamala Harris wins, the White House will smell like curry, and White House speeches will be facilitated by a call center, and the American people will only be able to convey their feedback through a customer satisfaction survey. At the end of the call that nobody will understand you get it, guys, because Kamala Harris is half Indian.
Speaker 4: Lol, isn't that funny.
Speaker 1: This is also the lady that went on Tim Poole's broadcast and called for Democrats to be executed for treason. He actually took down the episode because of her calling for the murder mass murder of Democrats. So this is the person that we're talking about here. And you know, this is something that I've been talking a bit about. Sager is twenty sixteen Trump, Tabloid Trump, twenty twenty Trump, Fox News Trump twenty twenty four. Trump is like truth social Trump, And there is no better emblem of that evolution, in my view than his association with this person who's been flying on his plane and he's, you know, always like louding her and touting how smart she is and how insightful, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Well, you asked me earlier in the show, he said, what is racist or not? And I think that's pretty curly racist. By the way, if you want to know the reason why, it is because specifically about the rape linking the practice of race to the well documented love of white nationalists. Was just talking about how Indians quote eat curry and always smell like it. What does she say in terms of the link anyway, I won't even dignify it. But continuing I think with this vein is funny to me. It is recognized now that these people around Trump are a problem, specifically by others who previously would have backed these people up. So Marjorie Taylor Green being the prime example for me because she then begins attacking Laura Lumer.
Speaker 3: Now, the thing is about Lumer. She's been banned and unbanned.
Speaker 2: From social media for like the entire time that I've been involved in conservative circles. She's one of those people who she calls it getting lumored. That was the jocos making earlier, where she can stick a camera in your face and ask you a question. I mean, she is I think best described as like a genuine like apparatic. She recently, after Elon bought Twitter, has been back on Twitter and she's been fighting and beefing.
Speaker 3: She's very very pro Trump.
Speaker 2: The only topic I've seen her engage with like outside of Trump is on Israel, where she debated Dave Smith earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zero heads just put those extremely extremely pro Israel.
Speaker 4: It's like a key issue for her.
Speaker 3: So that's uh, that's Lumer, I guess in a nutshells.
Speaker 2: It's always been kind of a right wing provocateur. I remember seeing her at sea pack and they banned her, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she ran for Congress.
Speaker 3: She lost, She ran for Congress, She's lost.
Speaker 1: I mean she's you know, pretty overt with her biases and her just insant.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to describe.
Speaker 2: I mean, she just genuinely is like she takes the Trump posting to its most logical conclusion. And what I mean by that is just like Trump can never do any wrong, Trump is always good, Like Trump must be protected at all costs. So she leverages that she'll back up basically anything that the guy says, yeah or and it's always like an attack dog on the left.
Speaker 3: So that's why they love her.
Speaker 1: And specificiously anti DeSantis too. She shows you it's anyone who is oppositional to Trump at all.
Speaker 2: And so that's important because what that means is that Trump feels the most comfortable with people like her and others who are around him. Everybody around him has to validate him at all times and current constantly manages personality, which is why I actually thought that they Marjorie Taylor Green breaking with la Lumer was interesting because Marjorie previously would be one of those people who would you know, she's very close with Trump.
Speaker 3: She's always backing up Trump.
Speaker 2: But they've split, maybe only once publicly on the whole Kevin McCarthy thing, right.
Speaker 3: But that's basically it. So yeah, she then started to attack Lumer. I started to pay attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is interesting because she thinks, clearly, Marjorie thinks that Lumor is a bad influence on Trump, shouldn't be around Trump, and is bad reputationally for him.
Speaker 1: See, I feel like it's more petty interpersonal I see, is what I actually think it is, because Lumor has his ear. You know, she may have some other parts of him, but that will leave that speculation to others. They've been very friendly with one another, and I think Marjorie Taylor Green is jealous of the access that Laura Lumoor has right now. In any case, after the Curry tweet, Marjorie Taylor Green decided this was a bridge too far. She put on a Twitter post and she also went to the cameras and denounced Laura Lumor.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to what she had to say.
Speaker 16: This is such an important election. I don't think that she has the experience or the right mentality to advise very important. I'm not involved in their conversations, so I can't weigh in on that, but I do know this that her rhetoric, in her tone is does not.
Speaker 1: Match the base, does.
Speaker 16: Not match MAGA, does not match less Republicans. I know, and I am completely denouncing it. I'm over it, and I would encourage anyone else that matches her statements to stop.
Speaker 1: So this triggered one of the messiest Twitter fights I've ever seen. We can put I'm not going to read all of this, guys, but we can put this up on this Green just to show you how ugly this got and how fast Laura Lumer tweets in part, Hey, Marjorie Taylor Green, remember when you destroyed your family so you could have a have sex with a zen gief.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Cosplayer, tell me again how you and the RB's in your pants are representatives of the GOP. And it went on from there, so which also I wanted to put up because to give you a sense of Laura Lumer and who she is.
Speaker 4: And how she operates anybody.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and Marjorie Taylor Green wasn't the only one who came out. I believe Tom Tillis was also Senate in North Carolina Republican senator was also coming out against her. Trump. This became enough of an issue because it isn't just you know about these like messy beefs, but this is a genuine question of who has Trump's ear? Why is he engaging in some of these seemingly insane tactics and indulging some of the seemingly insane conspiracy theories that he is indulging seemingly to his campaign's detriment. So he got asked about it out on the campaign trail. Let's take a listen to his response.
Speaker 2: You Republican colleagues, are your allies who are concerned about your pose relationship with Laura Lumer?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what they would say.
Speaker 17: Laura has been a supporter of mine, just like a lot of people are supporters, and she's been a supporter of mine. She speaks very positively of the campaign. I'm not sure why you asked that question. But Laura is a supporter. I don't control Laura. Laura has to say what you want. She's a free spirit.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 17: I mean, look, I can't tell Laura what to do. Laura's a supporter. I have a lot of supporters. But so I don't know what exactly you're referring to. That's okay, yeah, please, I just don't know. Laura's a supporter. I don't know she is. She is a strong person, she's got strong opinions, and I don't know what she said.
Speaker 4: But that's not up to me.
Speaker 12: She's a supporter.
Speaker 1: She's a supporter. She's a free spirit. I have a lot of supporters. Yeah, but not all those supporters are writing on your plane with you. Yeah, then and going to the nine to eleven memorial with you and whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She's been pictured with him now several times.
Speaker 2: Put this up there on the screen, like, for example, we have multiple photos of them like hugging and being around each other. She's made herself like a permanent presence at mar al Lago. So it's just demonstrates again the same problem that Trump always has, where he will surround himself with the people who not only tell him what to hear, but like his most loyal people. He believes that loyalty is the chief and the most important virtue for those who are around him.
Speaker 3: People will always.
Speaker 2: Defend him, especially whenever things get bad for him. He did this during Access Hollywood. He would retreat. He would surround himself whenever he was president and he would say, Charlottesville whatever, he would retreat again to like his closest people who would always be willing to back him up. Part of the reason that he loves Jesse Waters and always Fox News other people because they're always defend him, Greg Guttfeld and others, and Lumri fouls in that category. I think the people will fly with him around on the plane to always sell him what he's doing is good, backed him up on stop the steal or any of the other stuff.
Speaker 3: And Trump is the most comfortable there.
Speaker 2: And frankly is one of the worst things about him, right because that means that he's always never actually getting checked by anybody who is around him, and in general, you know, on a long enough timeline, these people end up triumphing in his personal orbit. Although sometimes he does listen if remember this too. He also personally has no loyalty. So if she does become a problem, he'll aspire her or he'll never see her again, which I could also see happening.
Speaker 1: Do you think that he will listen to the criticism and distance himself from her.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean I haven't.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen a report that she's been around him yet. But at this point, like looking at where things are, I don't think it's reached like a critical mass level yet. But for him sometimes the bar is if I even have to take a question about it, you're done.
Speaker 1: You know that this association is driving Chris Losovita and Susie Wiles oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, they also hate that because that controls that diminishes their access to the candidate, because these are exactly type of people will be like, don't listen to your advisors, don't listen to whatever.
Speaker 3: Everything you do is amazing, and like okay.
Speaker 1: Well, and you can see, you know, in the debate, right the first fifteen minutes of Trump are like the Chris Losovita fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: It's you know, it's hitting the points on the economy.
Speaker 1: In the last five minutes where he suddenly remembered like, oh my god, I'm supposed to say, like, if you were going to all these problems, why didn't you do it? And here's the issues and in between was the Laura Lumor influence and that's what ends up the problem is even if you only have a dash of Laura Lumor, which there was more than a dash in that debate performance, but what is the what is the thing everyone's talking about it after it? It's pets, right, it's they're eating the dogs, they're eating the cats, They're eating the pets. And so you only need you know, an instant, an instant relapse to Laura Lumor mode, and I you know, it would not be surprising at all if she was the one that was talking in his ear right before the debate about that, and then that's what comes out, and then that becomes the moment. So in any case, interesting drama, interesting infighting playing out. Turfour's playing out, and I think also indicative of the fact that they don't feel like things are going particularly well for them right now.
Speaker 4: They feel like the Poles should.
Speaker 1: Look better, you know, I think obviously he could win, there's no doubt about that. He's the Poles are very close. The Electoral College is even closer. But I do think they have a sense that things are not going the way they want them to go. And when that happens, then you start to get all these like ugly messy fights too.
Speaker 3: That's a good point, all right, Let's move on.
Speaker 1: So AOS and Jill Stein have been feuding at Jill Stein of course being the nominee for the Green Party, and in the midst of this feud she has now gone on the Breakfast Club and had pretty.
Speaker 4: Like pretty heated exchange.
Speaker 1: With Democrat Artisan Angela Rye. Let's take a listen to a little bit of how that went.
Speaker 6: And it is the talking point of AOC the other day, who is taking her marching orders from the DNC. This is exactly what they say, that we are only running for president.
Speaker 18: Color as parenting talking points instead of us looking at basic math. The one thing that AOC has done that you haven't is win some election. How many voting members in the United States House of Representatives Republican, Democrat and independent?
Speaker 3: How many total?
Speaker 6: How many total are there?
Speaker 4: What is it six hundred some?
Speaker 18: No, no, it's four hundred and thirty five.
Speaker 6: But I would like to respond this is the framing of the empire and the oligarchy and white supremacy and colonialism, which wants you to feel that resistance is futile. This is about a voter blaming.
Speaker 18: No, what you're not going to say is that I'm ever imperiading anything at the hands of white supremacy. This is something that's very different. This is me asking you again it's a bible.
Speaker 3: I'm just the same talking points you get.
Speaker 18: This is not DNC talking points. This is my research and sadly for you, the research says you have never won an election.
Speaker 1: All right, so lot to say about that piece. I also want to show you those were some of the pieces.
Speaker 4: That were being shared by liberals who are.
Speaker 3: On the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, you should know how many members are Congress there are that that is legitimately embarrassing. The piece that doctor jistein herself wanted to share, let me go ahead and show you now where she talks more about, you know, her point of view and why she.
Speaker 4: Believes that you should vote for the Green Party. Let's take a loss on.
Speaker 6: Every vote cast for our campaign. Is a vote against is a shot across the bow of the endless war machine. To say that we the people are getting organized, we are moving forward, we are growing, We have organization and infrastructure that we have never had before. We've never been able to break through like we are now because Green's have been ahead of the curve on a lot of things like climate change, on reparations, on healthcare as a human right.
Speaker 1: And I do think that is one of the most compelling arguments you can make for the Green Party is number one, Trump and Kamala Harris, like Kamala Harris's vice president to Joe Biden, both of them are pro genocide, so as just like a moral issue, there are certainly a significant number of people, especially Muslim Americans, who just say I can't support that. I don't care if you are lesser, evil, whatever, I just can't support it. And then the other piece that I think is her most compelling argument is like, listen, we by being out there as a sort of protest party, we have pushed the conversation on this set of issues around climate change, around reparations, around you know, sort of pushing the Overton window of what can be discussed in American politics. And I think that's legitimate. I think there is a real case to be made for that. To get back to a little bit of the AOC part, here's part of the argument she's been making against jill Stein. She says, nobody needs talking points to know jill Stein hasn't won so much as a bingo game. If you actually give a damn about people, you organize, build power and infrastructure and win. Keith Ellison, the Attorney General of Minnesota, also going in on jill Stein for some reason.
Speaker 4: At this point. He says, if you've ever.
Speaker 1: Been annoyed by politicians who only show up at election time, then you've got to be annoyed with doctor jill Stein. She claims to be an unconventional alternative, but she's nauseatingly conventional. She shows up every four years making lavish promises, but has no record of producing anything except Republican victories, hard pass and the last thing I'll share with you, which could be a key to why you see, you know, democratic attacks against jill Stein not just from Keith Ellison and EOC, but from others as well. At this point in Time's put this up on the screen. Polling suggests that she's doing quite well among Muslim American voters. This is from the Council on American Islamic Relations. It shows her, this is Yashar Ali who's tweeting this shows her getting a solid share of their votes in key battleground states. So in Arizona you've got Jill Stein actually leading the field among Muslim voters thirty five percent. Also in Michigan critically forty percent. She's winning among Muslim voters. Pennsylvania twenty five percent, Wisconsin forty four percent. Again, that's another state where she actually leads the field among Muslim voters. So you know, as a percent of the population, you're talking about a relatively small slice, but small slice could make a difference in some of these key states.
Speaker 2: Zaber, Yeah, absolutely, I don't know exactly what we were talking about the motivation here. Yeah, Keith Ellison and AOC, I mean, the problem for AOC and Keith Ellison is that they're the exact people who run up against this like party line talk and now are enforcers of it. So you, in my I mean, you actually have less credibility. So like the people who attack Jill Stein, who are just democratic apparatrics, I'm like, yeah, that's fair. Like you know, it's like you people believe that the party is a solution to everything. But AOC you know, went on the DNC stage and said Kam was working tirelessly for a ceasefire, as in trying to like fool Gaza.
Speaker 3: Voters, even a voter. I'm like, that's yeah, bullshit.
Speaker 2: You know, like you you are trying to message to people incorrectly and lie to them, and Jill Stein is telling them the truth. I don't think there's or at least the truth in the way that they believe it. And that's something that let's take the election out of it, as you would probably be on Jill Stein's side if there was no Commo, there was no Trump, there was no election, Like let's say this was happening in twenty twenty one. I'm not so sure that she takes a current posture that she is right now and the stakes weren't as diff as different on other issues. So that's where I kind of have an issue where you know, you previously ran a guest system. Now your systemic enforce her, and you're actively using your old image as a revolutionary to go after a chess sign and a third party.
Speaker 3: I think that's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that at this point I mean, I just I think we need to see AOC as decided that she is going to try to work within the system, right, that's her political She previously had a different political theory of change, which was much more adversarial, and she does not hold that theory of political change anymore, at least she does not act on that theory of political change. So I guess I don't see her that different from any other like Democratic Party apparatic.
Speaker 4: She is a Democratic Party partisan.
Speaker 3: But you and I follow this day to day. Oh yeah, average person is not going.
Speaker 1: To be Yeah, I mean, I guess what I would say is a few things. Number one, I don't think that this is an intellig I don't think this is forty tests from AOC. I don't think this is an intelligence strategy because people who have very genuine, extremely legitimate moral concerns about voting for a candidate who support a genocide, Like if you're just yelling at them and shaming them and how kid you and they're just you know, Jill Stein's an idiot, Like, I don't think that that's an effective pitch. I think you're more likely to harden them against the Democratic Party or harden their commitment to voting Green parties, so on efficacy, I think it's foolish. There's something about this conversation that I've been thinking about that really kind of drives me crazy on both sides. Which for doctor Jill Stein, like I understand her position too. She's trying to win votes for the Green Party and that's her job, and she's you know, she's going to go out there and make her case and make the most compelling case she can as well. But there's a discourse around this that assumes that there is a good answer to this question, and that that's like there is one answer. Either the right thing to do as a lefty is to vote for Kam Layers, or the right thing to do as a lefty is to vote for the Green Party. There's a lot of certainty and a lot of like moral outrage around this, and I think it is more likely that there just is no good answer here, Like you're kind of checkmated. That's how I feel like. On the one hand, I think there are a lot of very compelling and troubling reasons why I do not want to see Donald Trump back in the White House. I think those reasons have been on full display over the past number of weeks, I think he would be worse on Israel. Even if that is like the narrow lens of your focus, I think there's something powerful and like the French model of this, sort of like anti right wing coalition or you could say anti fascist coalition that came together to defeat the right wing party there. But ultimately, also you're asking people to do something that is morally very difficult, and that doesn't move you away from the fundamental dynamics of lesser evil voting over a long period of time. But it also is not clear to me that a vote for the Green Party is any sort of a magic bullet either, like a silver bullet either, because the point of look, you have been running the strategy for a number of years and it hasn't disrupted the duopoly. Like the result of you getting a significant number of votes in twenty sixteen was the Democratic Party crushing the left and moving further to the right. So it's not like that strategy has paid off either. So I think in these like electoral calculations, in some ways.
Speaker 4: It's a misplaced focus.
Speaker 1: The better place to focus is probably on, you know, building a powerful labor movement and those sort of you know, democratic organizing, because I don't think either one of the answers to the narrow electoral question are particularly like the answer or a good answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fair, But then it's about strategy too. I think Jill Stein was on one operating in the way that she's supposed to, which is, I'm trying to win votes. The AOC one is a negative one of like, no, you shouldn't because this is And in general, I think that comes back to voter shaming. Yeah, I think voter shaming is bad. I think, especially in a democratic.
Speaker 4: I mean it's bad, and I think it's counterproductive.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, oh yeah, Because there's also a lot.
Speaker 1: Of voter shaming that goes in the other direction, not from Jill Stein, but of people who are weighing this calculation and in the balance want to vote for Kamala Harris. There is a lot of voter shaming at them as well.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 2: For that's kind of stupid too, Yeah, looking shaming people because how they vote is dumb, very counterproductive, and historically it does not work. It makes people dig in even more and in general, you're just not you know. Somebody asked a question of recently and they were like, should news commentators have to disclose who they vote for? And it actually made me realize and like, who you vote for actually does not tell you all that much interesting stuff about you. For example, if Dick Cheney is voting for Kamala and AOC is voting for Kamala, or, do those two things give you like an accurate representation of their like full sit views. I mean, some people could say yes, right, but I don't think actually it is. So Instead, you need to look at issues and various reasons why. Let's say Muslim people are going to be voting for Jill Stein, you might be.
Speaker 3: Making a pretty damn good case.
Speaker 2: And if the case is telling them a lie Comma's working tilesty for a ceasefire, yeah, instead of hey, Trump will be way worse on Israel.
Speaker 3: I mean that's actually not a bad case, right, Yeah. I mean sometimes it's an honest case. It's very important. Yeah.
Speaker 2: For example, if you're pro Trump, or or if you were one of those people who's like I wanted Trump to do X, Y and Z, the common retort from the right is like, okay, dude, but Kamala is going to be ten times worse and you know, what they're not wrong. That's a fine enough case. Sometimes I don't want to live that way. But that is true, and same true on the Israel issue. But then you should be saying that and not she's doing the best possible job that she can, cause that's bullshit too. Yeah, and that's what bugs that's what.
Speaker 3: Actually bugs me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree with all of that.
Speaker 3: All right, Uh wow, long show today. I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: We have plenty of We actually had to drop some stuff, so we're gonna have even more tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We've already basically got it to the show ready to go for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We'll see you that