Speaker 1: It's nine og one with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. You guys. First of all, welcome to nine two one. Omg Amy's here, Torris here, Jenny here, We're all here. But I think this is one hundredth episode. Why No? I feel like it might prove it. And here's why, because I watched the episode and then right after the episode, my favorite character, Donna, came on screen with a dog and said, Hey, everybody, thanks for watching our hundredth episode.
Speaker 2: No, how did I miss that?
Speaker 1: It's one hundred episode, hundredth episode, y'all?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my gosh. So I watched that part, but I sus the credit like SU's the episode ends. I'm like, okay, I'm out, okay, And then I was like, wait, there's me and the dog. So I look back, but I had not heard the first part of it, so I thought it was a public service announcement too animals. And I was like, yeah, that's nice. They did their due diligence. Okay, good, And I was like, and this is pound cake pound cake?
Speaker 1: First you called the dog pound cake, and then you call it rocky, and I got confused, But you didn't say it was one hundredth episode, So.
Speaker 4: Yay, wait, can you guys remember did you have a big party back then and a big cake, like.
Speaker 3: You know how, Yeah we did, and remember we like took the cake and we were like putting it on each other and yeah, yeah, there's some pictures.
Speaker 1: We'll find pictures. No way, look it up.
Speaker 2: Look up.
Speaker 1: One hundredth episode party, maybe you'll find something.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, John, I'm thinking of the two hundredth episode, because.
Speaker 1: Well, we should have had one for every hundred.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, that's insane that you even got to too.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, oh my gosh, but this is a This episode is a little weird because of the title. It's an episod. So twenty three A Pig Is a Boy Is a Dog? Aired March second, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: Synopsis Kelly and Brandon find out the truth about Lucinda. Dylan finds out the truth about Kelly and Brandon. Donna is devastated, Brenda is motivated, and Steve may have to buy a new nose.
Speaker 2: Haha.
Speaker 1: I like that. Synopsis Did you write that? Directed by Daniel Addia, Written by Richard No Directed by Daniel Addias, Written by Richard Golanz and Larry Mullin.
Speaker 4: Do you get the title? I mean, obviously I get it that there's a dog. Get the pig of it all? Was there a pig?
Speaker 1: I missed?
Speaker 2: No, And none of the boys are being that or as Lucinda the pig, That's what I think.
Speaker 1: A pig is, a boy is a dog.
Speaker 3: That's so deep, you, guys, pigs and boys can be dogs. I think it's all about boys written by two men, so okay.
Speaker 4: But the boys weren't being really pigs or dogs. I mean they were being something, but.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure what they were being honestly at the end of this episode.
Speaker 4: But first of all, when we get to talk about the fight, I can't wait for that.
Speaker 1: This is I don't know, aside from it being a one hundredth episode. I saw you running jogging. I saw you jogging with my own eyeballs.
Speaker 3: Okay, as my friend who has known me forever. Don't you feel a little uncomfortable when you see me running?
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, yeah, somebody help her quick.
Speaker 3: I can't run like I would always look weird running and then went on to do a TV movie where I was like on the track team. I was like, guys, this isn't this isn't kind of track.
Speaker 2: What was that.
Speaker 3: Like, mother may have sleep a danger? I was like, on the true, maybe.
Speaker 1: In your younger days you enjoyed a good workout.
Speaker 3: Jen, I can't run like just and my kids have the same runs. Met My kids go to run and they have the arms up and it's just like, oh god, no, Well, you.
Speaker 1: Look pretty natural and you're matching little Adidas sneakers there with your boyfriend, right.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel like this is the point in the program where Adidas was like, hey, we're going to give all this stuff to this huge show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you were wearing Adidas shoes and he was wearing a Nike shirt. So we had some we had some duelings. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's kind of on point nowadays because everyone blends designers. It's all about flashing the different logos. So you were in sync.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it was fun to see. And I felt like, all of a sudden because you made me feel really bad last week's I didn't know you'd noticed your hair was shorter, but it felt like it was blonder.
Speaker 2: It was it.
Speaker 1: Was blonder. And then and then later in the episode it was darker again.
Speaker 4: It was very confusing hair. It's it's like her hair is changing and just no one talks about it.
Speaker 1: But maybe it looks blonder when it's pulled back and then it's darker when it's down, because that happens to me too, I thought it. But I agree with you. It was very caramel caramel, and you know what, I was there for it.
Speaker 2: I liked it, of course you were.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling like, maybe we should go to Carmel.
Speaker 3: I felt so bad episode.
Speaker 1: One hundred and one of this podcast, You're gonna get gonna get a new hair color.
Speaker 4: I know. Someone just asked if this was one hundredth episode of the podcast. But we've done so many extras, but I think we're past that.
Speaker 1: Oh man, sorry, two hundred.
Speaker 2: We should people try and keep it eat.
Speaker 1: Let's go get our hair. Okay.
Speaker 2: So what do you guys think of this episode?
Speaker 1: M We both gave it a yeah.
Speaker 4: It had ups and downs from even you didn't love it, oh no, no, no, eh. You know it had a lot of ups and downs where there was things where I'm like, like the fight and then the end arrest. I was like, I think I'm a little just sick of Lucinda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got issues with we all don't love a Lucinda anymore?
Speaker 2: A bugin now.
Speaker 4: So Brandon has now told Brenda about Lucinda.
Speaker 1: Do you think the viewers at this point, like, I feel like I'm a viewer. Yeah, I'm a fan of the show. I'm watching it for the first time. I feel like, as a viewer, I don't like this character. Do you feel like, is it just us to our other people feeling the same way?
Speaker 3: Amy reads every comment on social So what do they think of Lucy?
Speaker 4: They haven't complained that much about Lucinda, but they're definitely not mad at.
Speaker 1: Us for our Oh well that's good.
Speaker 2: That's like a disinterest in her.
Speaker 1: That's unusual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 4: Feel like I wish I could remember how I felt about her back then, but I only know that she's just sort.
Speaker 2: Of bugging me.
Speaker 3: So I have felt the same way. But I gotta tell you that scene in class between you Oh as Kelly and Dina as Lucinda, I was obsessed with. Yeah, you were on fire. I was hanging on every I couldn't get enough of it. I wanted that scene to go on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you love a good confrontation as long as you're not a part of it. Yeah, I could sit back.
Speaker 2: Yet that was juicy. That was juicy, and Lucinda didn't lose.
Speaker 4: It was a shepped ahead and I don't know who's been winnables.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I felt weird that Kelly was like, I mean because we see Kelly before jumping far ahead. But Kelly, uh Dylan tells Kelly right that Lucinda made the moves on him while she.
Speaker 2: Was foul shut her hoe down. Were you glad he did that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess, I mean.
Speaker 3: Otherwise he just looks like a complete dick.
Speaker 4: I agree, I was glad he did it because otherwise it gets like two threes companyish for me. I've said that before where I hate the like it's all a misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: It's like, tell her, tell her what happened.
Speaker 1: Right, Because Kelly's trying so so hard to help this girl and to and it feels also very weird because she's trying to get her boyfriend to fund her fum. It just feels like why is first of all, why is Kelly trying so hard to to do this like.
Speaker 2: Right, especially with his money it's weird because I.
Speaker 3: Know she's empowering to you and inspiring and you look up to her and yeah, yeah, you tried really hard, and she's yeah.
Speaker 4: I was happy when Dylan explained it because then you realize Dylan's not a jerk. He's right and he wants to be done with this lady. And he was sort of altruistic in not saying because of Brandon and cause you love her, and but he's finally like this chick sucks.
Speaker 3: I know, again jumping ahead, but this is the storyline people are going to be most excited about. I mean, we open up like with the dog, which we'll get to and it's a lovely storyline and sad, but okay, the I just feel like he had no reaction when you said her boyfriend is Brandon.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a really good point.
Speaker 1: Was he just at that point trying to cover like he was trying to process that and.
Speaker 2: Cover for the dinner.
Speaker 3: I had to go back and watch because I just wanted to see the internal thing, like Okay, it's a choice. He's like, not, no reaction, it's your best friend. Are you shocked? And like, oh man, that makes it even more difficult because she made the moves on you, and it's not just yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just didn't want to show his cards at that point because he wasn't quite ready to come clean. He didn't know how to.
Speaker 2: He's a really good point because his reaction.
Speaker 4: You think he would have been like, oh my god, what and then be like, this chick is terrible and made a move on me last week. I don't want her at my house?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you let her?
Speaker 3: That would have been the point in the program to do it, like, you know what, enough, now Brandon's involved and she's trying to cheat on him with me, And.
Speaker 4: Instead he was a tad passive aggressive and everyone's like, why are you being such a d word? But instead he should have just said, Kelly, this chick sucks. She tried to make a move on me.
Speaker 1: You should reconsider why you're looking up to her so much, like yeah, right, Instead he.
Speaker 3: Goes all like you should have a female distributor and just makes himself look worse instead of just saying no.
Speaker 4: Well and Lucinda is so self righteous and so like that went horribly, and he s go he's a jerk, when it's like, no, you're the jerk.
Speaker 1: You're the jerk and he's not giving you what you want, so now you can act like that, right.
Speaker 3: She was dressed like a clown in that scene, so it was like almost like like, oh, like a clown would be preferring mind something.
Speaker 1: What was that outfit? It was horrific.
Speaker 2: I can look.
Speaker 4: I was so ir too, because she also is like so mad at Brandon for telling Kelly, and then like two seconds later she's like all up in his making out, like I'm like you.
Speaker 1: With our strawberries. Girl.
Speaker 2: Oh god, First of you can't.
Speaker 1: Keep coming back to the strawberries. It's not gonna work every time.
Speaker 3: I can't watch them kiss and the open mouth and the tongues so much tongue. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I was happy when he finally was like he's out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is this the last time? No, she asks every week.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: I actually no offense to Diana Meyer was just the character.
Speaker 3: She played a great character that we yeah, I want to hate, which means we want she's doing something right because she's yeah, totally nice and great in real life and she's a good actress.
Speaker 1: She did a great job doing great job, Loucinda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I here's another question that came up for me. Right towards the beginning. I think Kelly says to Brandon or Brandon says to Kelly. I think Brandon says to Kelly, did you tell him what almost almost happened? But I'm almost almost me too?
Speaker 3: Oh thank you again. I thought I was being negligent and wasn't paying attention last week, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: They kissed that unlit did more.
Speaker 1: They did more than that, we don't know about it, which, no, no, they just fully kissed.
Speaker 2: Though it's like almost.
Speaker 1: That was confusing to me too. Those are called mixed messages.
Speaker 2: People don't let.
Speaker 1: Someone say you almost kiss somebody when you really did.
Speaker 4: And Josh Richland Man, he is not going to let this go. And I feel like he saw Kelly kiss Dylan, so he knows Kelly isn't with Brandon.
Speaker 1: He's just his eyeballs are everywhere and he's just waiting.
Speaker 3: He's just being there in the background. That was like, that was so much. I was like, you know what, Okay, Yeah, he was like ready to go before he was raised to go. And it's like okay, no, and Kelly.
Speaker 2: Does deliver another.
Speaker 4: Sort of trying to like smash Josh Richland, but this one was like, oh god, crim.
Speaker 3: It was a sunker at the time, Like, I wonder if you were like doctor called doctor Kevorkian.
Speaker 4: I don't even think you could use that line now because you're basically telling him.
Speaker 1: To like go kill himself. Yeah, it's like, oh, I was called bullying that.
Speaker 2: I literally was like, this is not.
Speaker 1: The planet a favor called doctor.
Speaker 3: That didn't track for me as a Kelly line. I don't feel like she would have said.
Speaker 1: Maybe I guess Caveorkian was in the news, you know, was pop call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he was. I think he was.
Speaker 4: And then it was for me, I was like, oh, I did not age well, yes.
Speaker 1: Did you guys like it? When when when Brenda and Brandon are talking before the before both of those scenes, Brenda and Brandon are talking and Brenda says, uh that she finds out that she's the second to know that Kelly already knows about Brandon and Lucinda, and then she and then he's leaving the room and she goes, I don't know, it's kind of hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 3: All I know is I feel like Jason added the line, don't you have an ex fiancee to.
Speaker 1: Go harass.
Speaker 3: And it's like throwing in a funny thing?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: That's when Shannon was depressed with Dean Factor.
Speaker 1: They probably had a good chuckle over it on set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think they wrote that line in or he threw it in and they laughed at I feel.
Speaker 1: Like it makes sense for Brenda's storyline, so it very well could have been written, but it had so much more context.
Speaker 4: Who wrote my favorite line of the whole episode? Those boots aren't made of broccoli? That was real good. She's those suddenly like animal rights and he calls her out.
Speaker 2: He's like, those.
Speaker 1: Boots aren't made of broccoli, right, And she was like, well, I'll be you know, whatevery, Vegan says the last to go the boots.
Speaker 3: Once again, a pile high of vegetables that are like whoa to a family of four.
Speaker 1: Calmed down, nobody's eating any of your carrot sticks?
Speaker 3: What's happening? That's wasteful to me? Cindy, Cindy Walder, Carrol calm down, like it's just it was like enough for like twenty people. And that pot of corn that bothered me, that big old pot of corn sticking out.
Speaker 1: What bothered me was that Brandon was in the kitchen as if he was going to be making the dinner. Yeah, he's right in there with him cutting stuff. I didn't buy that Cindy's gonna let him touch her kitchen knives.
Speaker 2: I also think we have a hint.
Speaker 4: I don't know if i'd call it foreshadowing, but just a hint of maybe trying to have some continuity with the golf and the mention of the father son golf and they're out on the driving range because I believe next week is.
Speaker 2: There's a big golf part.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jen, you're going to be thrilled, you know.
Speaker 1: I like that because when I saw him at the driving range, I was like, wait, wait, wait, rewind that. I need to look at his swing totally.
Speaker 2: How was his swing?
Speaker 1: Irons wasn't bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kind of could.
Speaker 1: He's very athletics. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get past the outfit.
Speaker 1: But he borrowed that from that outfit. That's a scene sweater that Jim wears when he wants to go to the club to play tennis.
Speaker 2: You have a nine one zero charity golf tournament. Why not? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I don't know, do you know, does Brandon Jason play golf.
Speaker 2: Like he must?
Speaker 1: They must have all they must all know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does Brian golf? He must?
Speaker 1: Never a golfing going on with Brian, but with Brian and Jason sounds a little like something they would do.
Speaker 2: Can you golf toy?
Speaker 1: She is a good putter, very good putter, and you know what, you can't golf without putts. So we golf together once in a tournament. And yeah, and uh she you were asleep in the golf car until it was time to put you did you made all the putts.
Speaker 2: We had a pee wee golf tournament.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, Jen was super patient. She gave me some great tips and was really encouraging to the point where I played before and I've been like, Okay, this isn't for me. I can't do it. And I walked away after that with you feeling encouraged that there might be hope for me.
Speaker 1: And have you played?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I wanted it for you to.
Speaker 3: We could have like a double date, playing like it's fun.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. I appreciated your effort. I knew that was the last place you wanted to pay.
Speaker 4: Can we talk for a second about the animal rights activism happening, and also like.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, can we just talk about what it was like when Andrea joins Donna and Brenda in the quad uh to talk about the animal right now? Part? Can She's carrying everything like there's nothing she couldn't be carrying to block the belly. I felt bad.
Speaker 3: I was like, there was so many painting pattern here put her in a neutral or like solid.
Speaker 4: Although I will say Andrea gave an amazing I'm going backwards for a second, an amazing side eye when Kelly and Lyscinda were having their you know, toe to toe is how do you say that? I don't know, but Andrea just gives side eye and it was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was good. She's got those pregnancy hormones going through her body, She's got no patience.
Speaker 2: So the animal rights activism drama.
Speaker 4: Also does Brenda have a crush on the animal guy?
Speaker 2: Because do they give that line I'd march in his army.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, maybe she just thinks he's cute.
Speaker 4: You know the other thing that I did think was funny about that is it's literally like here's the animal rights guy talking to like the rando girl, and here's Brenda and Donna literally right next to them talking about him in full voice, like that much in his army, Like that dude can fulice right.
Speaker 3: There, he can hear you. I just love that, Like because they're animal right activists. They're activists. They are dressed like they're ready to beatly different than the like in the nineties.
Speaker 1: It was all very like it was really true?
Speaker 2: Was it me?
Speaker 1: Or did it? Did the animal rights activists? The guy the Jonathan he was the guy with the earrings and the tight T shirt? Did he look exactly like Howard the Drug Push or DJ guy.
Speaker 2: You're yeah, yeah, is.
Speaker 3: Idle how I knew him, So yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: I just thought it went really fast from being like peaceful protesters on campus to hardcore gangster criminals.
Speaker 2: Like I was like, wow, and.
Speaker 1: I'm on a college campus. It just didn't it didn't feel right, like it was just a lot.
Speaker 2: It was very strange.
Speaker 4: And they're like in the apartment just talking about a massive crime, like massive crime.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, the FBI was there and.
Speaker 1: It's a bust and Brenda gets arrested, and like.
Speaker 4: How did they have they been doing this on campuses all over the country, Like the FBI just doesn't like show up right.
Speaker 1: It was like a staying operations so.
Speaker 2: Crazy and Brenda's just busted and it's just.
Speaker 1: Like it went from zero to like one hundred, real rural, real quick. And also no style. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Would Brenda have really done that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's not really the kind of gal to go along with things without being informed. And I felt like she was kind of going along with it and not really knowing what she was getting into. And then they were like, just stay out here and she said no, and it just didn't feel mess.
Speaker 4: She's on the lookout girl, and it's just like you're literally in a rhyme ring.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean they predicted it with Jim being like can't she do anything half or like, so we're like, oh, she's gonna go full force with this. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see her go do more.
Speaker 1: I wanted her seat, to see Brenda in there letting the animals kind of stuff instead of being the person that did nothing and still gets in.
Speaker 2: Trouble a well lady criminal.
Speaker 4: So they're open all the cages and then the lady criminals just pushing the papers.
Speaker 2: But she's not tearing.
Speaker 4: Them or throwing she's pushing them when it's like, okay, tomorrow, we can come in and just pick up our papers again, refile criminal.
Speaker 1: And I personally felt like when they were taking the animals out of the cages, they were a little rough with them because kind of goes against the whole point of what they're doing. But it opened up a whole can of worms for me because I've always been so torn on this this moral issue of animal testing. Obviously I don't want, you don't want, we don't want. Nobody wants to have animals tortured or test it on. That's just horrible. And especially back then in the nineties, we were young and so passionate about this, like animal rights and protecting animals was I mean, it still is, but like we were so passionate about it then, and but then Andrea comes in with the whole like it's medical research and they're not. She says, they're not being you know, excessively harmed. But what where's the line? And how do you how do you decide which side of that do you stand on it? I still feel conflicted about it.
Speaker 3: Same, but I felt like, like.
Speaker 1: Do I want my kids to have that life saving research that that that it's being provided, or do I want an animal to go free? I still don't know how I feel like a rat and it's different than a dog to me, But I shouldn't feel that way, right.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. And and she wasn't like they're not being excessively harm Is that what she said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like like keeps them relatively comfortable or somewhere around that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like she wasn't justifying it enough to be like, ooh, yeah, that's okay there, but there is an argument that's like human life. Yeah, a dog's life for a human life, and it's like less not fair all lives.
Speaker 1: But can't they just go and do it with AI? Know, like, does this the days of having to test on animals must be over? But I'm ninety nine percent sure.
Speaker 2: That there were I don't think it's over. Yeah, I think AI.
Speaker 3: As of next week we will be AI and not here doing the podcast. It'll be versions of us, so we'll be right.
Speaker 4: I'm still like super confused on everything what AI is, but I.
Speaker 2: Know it's very in the news, but I'm like, what happen?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been coming for a while. People. I don't know, but I wouldn't get in the conversation.
Speaker 2: I would not get in a self driving car if you paid me.
Speaker 1: That's your concern.
Speaker 2: Out of everything, I don't know. I saw him drive a self driving car driving around.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, you something in San Francisco and they like have self driving cars?
Speaker 2: No is AI self driving cars?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 1: What is AI? Artifella artificial intelligence?
Speaker 3: I mean, but like what artificial examination?
Speaker 4: Why is AI so in the news, like right now, because.
Speaker 3: They're going to replace actors with A I like, is that not true? Speaking out of turn.
Speaker 1: It's just not just actors. I think they're going to replace pilots, They're going to replace a pharmacists, They're gonna replace everyone, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's good.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it's been happening. It's been coming for a long time. Ever since they started cloning people, we knew we were Sorry my language, but well I'm not mad, Like.
Speaker 3: I wish there was a clone in me with five kids and like working and like we always talk about this, like just have a clone of us. So this is like a clone of you but way smarter.
Speaker 1: Wow? Oh, like nose everything?
Speaker 3: Why they sort the people know it's not me.
Speaker 2: Well that gets sorted. Is Brenda going to the slammer, the slama going to the jail.
Speaker 1: Well she got cuffed.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like it was aggressive.
Speaker 1: She refused her her right to no. She she said, you said nothing, which was smart, but I can you know, we won't go.
Speaker 2: Jim's getting a call and he's gonna be.
Speaker 1: He's gonna getting woken up, his hair, hairy shirt, it's gonna get out of bed.
Speaker 3: With all those vegetables she was cutting up. They weren't getting lovey doubby tonight because that's a major gas going on.
Speaker 1: Pain. God, so they're they're sleeping vegetables. Don't give you casts you need to You need to let go of that. Yes they do, Oh my god, yes they do. Man.
Speaker 2: It's if you've had broccoli or an artichoke lately. It's rough you guys. Sidebar.
Speaker 4: I actually had to google do you get gassier during menopause or perry menopause, whatever it's called, because what is going on?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're all the same.
Speaker 1: No, I'm older barely. It's a big difference in a year. Makes everyone's glad. That is the one thing.
Speaker 3: I've got a lot of things during menopause. It sounds so much better, say pery menopause. Okay, twilight menopause.
Speaker 1: But I never know what that was.
Speaker 2: You haven't gotten the toots. I think I'm.
Speaker 1: Heavy, No, I mean you guys, whoever's not everyone listening is like they're off the rails.
Speaker 3: Wait and they like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, poor Rocky, Rocky's got the duots. Rocky.
Speaker 2: That was just a rough storyline. They're like, and he falls in love with the dog. The dog is dead. It's just like he does.
Speaker 1: On our floral couch too. Guys, we got to get a new couch.
Speaker 2: Sad. Although David is David's being kinder and loving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was to Donna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's sort of making a strong comeback.
Speaker 3: I was impressed that a young boy, I mean he's not a young boy, but men of his age, Like he was talking with the vet and getting the blood work and handling that. I was kind of impressed. I was like, yeah, well, because how old are they eighteen ninety step up and be.
Speaker 1: A man, and you've had to step up and be a woman. Neither of you have parents anymore for any kind of guidance or oh man.
Speaker 2: She would talk about my favorite scene in the whole episode.
Speaker 4: The dinner party, the fight, the fight between Brandon and Dylan.
Speaker 2: With Steve in there.
Speaker 1: Well wait, wait, wait, Before the fight though, I just love that Cindy has brown He's an ice cream ready for and his friends.
Speaker 2: That's literally.
Speaker 1: Four eight years old.
Speaker 2: It was. That was the best part.
Speaker 4: She's all, I've made Brannie's for your friends, and then during the fight, they're like punching each other and she's all, the brownie's already.
Speaker 1: And Steve's hilarious in that scene. He's like, wait, sex freak, let's go back to that man. This is the way he's standing there like listening to them.
Speaker 2: The scene would have sucked without Steve.
Speaker 1: Did you all know that he was going to take the punch in the face though? Did you see that coming? No? No, I did, because he's standing right there like it's classic, like one guy's gonna duck and the next guy's gonna get punched.
Speaker 2: He just made the whole thing. I think the scene would have been dramatic. It was.
Speaker 4: It was like kind of intense, but he made it so funny and then they make up so fast.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand how that's.
Speaker 3: Meant for you, you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh so they punched, and now they just don't have a snack.
Speaker 3: No fine, when hold on to shit forever? And men are like, okay, cool, we're okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the punch to the punch, and then Steve goes down and I was like.
Speaker 1: Whoo did you go woo? He really did fall down, and that was funny and good like of physical acting on his part. I believed that he got punched in the nose. I believe that that was real blood.
Speaker 2: That scene could have been the worst, and yet it was the best.
Speaker 1: Because that wasn't even real blood.
Speaker 4: First of all, don't even tell me that. Did they not really go in for ice cream and brownies?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 4: I thought again, it was like they what could have irritated me and sort of been Three's company. Ish this whole like fight and this their drama and I don't need it. Just lickety split, punch, Steve's down, it's over.
Speaker 2: We're good. Who cares that you kissed my girlfriend? And I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's fine, no hard feelings, it's all good. I like that, And you're so right, tour. That's that's a I don't have any idea what that's like. Because I have three daughters. You have boys, so you understand, like they don't hold onto stuff like that. They get over it and then they're like, let's play a video game or like let's go they have ball, or they don't care.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, I mean my generalization of boys, I think so my boys are a bit different just because I've always been like emotions, emotions, talk about feelings and like, but I think in general, men always say, you know, we're simple, the way our hearts you know, there were a stomach, and you know, like they say it about themselves. We're not speaking out of this is how they talk. And and they also are like, you know, men.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 3: Men don't like talk crap about each other. Like women will be like, oh my god, you see what she was wearing. I'm like, like, what did she do? Like men are just like, hey, what's up? Like they don't notice any of it.
Speaker 4: That's sort of a kind of a great point there, and that like Dylan's just going right over in his speedy portion and he's gonna ah and they instead he wasn't like, you know, did you hear what Brandon did?
Speaker 2: He kissed my girlfriend? You know, they just get right to it.
Speaker 3: They get to it, they get over and it's done with, which is there's kind of something nice about that. And I wish not that we like to give boys credit, but that's something we could learn from. You know, we hold onto stuff as women, like we take everything so personal and we get so sensitive and emotional about things, often justified, but like it would be nice to be like, eh, whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're with the Lucinda thing. There does seem to be a bit more sort of gossip going on. Not exactly, but it's more like there's a lot more talking well, he's dating Lucinda and are you the reason for her divorce?
Speaker 4: And oh and Josh Richland's trying to you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Josh Richland is not being like more.
Speaker 2: Of a gossipy guy, but that's his job. He's on there, he's on the Brandon Walsh beat.
Speaker 1: He reminds me of jim Was it Jimmy from Superman? Or so true? Is it Jimmy? That's so true? Did you Okay? So Lucinda is this brilliant professor because she says things like under the right circumstances, everyone is capable of betrayal. Uh duh.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, let me write that down.
Speaker 1: It's a good note.
Speaker 2: She sold it. I listened to her.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh uh huh, interesting monogamy. Okay, okay, okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not buying anything. That chick was saying, My god.
Speaker 4: How about when Kelly says to Dylan, thank you for ruining my first dinner party?
Speaker 3: Hell, like, that's but you did you know what? You put together a beautiful table?
Speaker 2: Yes you did.
Speaker 3: Dylan doesn't know what fork to use, but I mean, there's more money than everybody. But like, okay, Like.
Speaker 1: So they're they're twenty years old on the show now? Is that? I feel like?
Speaker 3: Not even?
Speaker 1: How do they actually growed up?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I gotta tell you, Throughout the entire episode, you were very much the lady.
Speaker 1: Like the hostess and the lady with the hair.
Speaker 3: Up and the outfits. And I was just like, so, here's the thing I wanted to be like, Wow, she looks a lot more mature at this point, but like the hair up, the long dresses, you still were sexy as hell.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks.
Speaker 1: You know what I love is that long dress with the Henley under it was my favorites, so cute and warm. I was like it cozy dressed.
Speaker 3: For it looked great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't seen that look again, that the Henley under a short sleeve like Maxie dress.
Speaker 3: No, you should bring it back. The longest paper candle I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: I was like, my only like beef with all that was that Kelly didn't believe Dylan.
Speaker 2: At first. I was like, that doesn't make any sense. Why would she?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, Oh my god. When a man says like, oh, yeah, well she tried to sleep with me, You're like, what.
Speaker 1: Would you like?
Speaker 2: Well, that's why he was so awful to her. He's done with her, and he's trying to.
Speaker 4: Like sort of deal because of Kelly, and he's like this, Like I said, this chick sucks.
Speaker 3: But is that a boy trait as well? To be like, oh, yeah, that girl liked me. You're like, okay, yeah, get over yourself. Like men are always like, oh she was flirting with me. You're like, okay, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Where does one buy crembrew let I don't know either, Whole Foods. You can buy a done cremberulet.
Speaker 1: Back then, what was that grocery store, Bristol Farms, that was the fancy grocery store. You're right, I would remember that.
Speaker 3: That was the og like air one and yeah, I still go there.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 2: Crystal Farms is still like, yeah, Bristol Farms.
Speaker 3: Is great, but it had just like I remember in the nineties, like it was so major to go to Bristol Farms, like you felt like in the.
Speaker 1: Corner of Santa Monica. I remember, And yes, fair Faxy kind of area not cheap, but.
Speaker 3: I went to the one in Westwood, but yes, I know, the exact too pricey.
Speaker 4: Also, Brenda and Brandon have a lot of chats in their Jack and Jill bathroom.
Speaker 2: Is it a Jack and Jill? Yeah, they love to chat in.
Speaker 1: There, Jill and Jack maybe. Yeah, uh, well that's where you do that, you know, when you're when you're twins and you share a bathroom.
Speaker 3: They don't like when he slapped her on the inner thigh.
Speaker 2: What I missed that?
Speaker 3: It was like, I don't know, I just don't.
Speaker 1: You're always sensitive to the brother sister.
Speaker 3: It's from the years of the fans putting that in our head of like they were little ancestuals. You're like, oh, someone should do an edit, someone should do stuff together.
Speaker 2: It's a bit mun Yeah, someone should do an edit of all sure, yeah, we need that.
Speaker 3: And Brenda didn't help the case by saying that's hot.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, all right, you guys, we've covered pretty much everything. Let's go ahead and score the episode Eddie got.
Speaker 4: Oh six eight Jenny and Toria was just very harsh critics, very.
Speaker 3: Harsh, like okay, fine, fine, fine, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're all they're all good in mine and.
Speaker 1: Tons and tons of fun. What's next? What's next? This is still season four, you guys. It's never ends in for episode twenty four out of thirty three? Am I right about that? Wow? Yeah? Yeah, so your homework everybody is episode twenty four Cuffs and Links.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew it was golf. I knew that golf was coming. Cuffs and yeah. I think I think there's like a famous baseball player. I think it's Barry Bombs in the next one.
Speaker 4: Like oh, yeah, I mean cool.
Speaker 3: Can't we watch it?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Everybody, have a great week. Love you, hey guys. I'm headed to Austin, Texas for ATX TV Festival this summer. I love that This festival has been nicknamed TV Camp for Grownups and is a place where fans and industry come together to eat tacos, drink margarita's, and talk about their favorite shows and now podcasts. I'll be there chatting about rewatch podcasts with a few of your favorite other iHeart podcast hosts like Kevin McHale, David Lasher, Christine Taylor, Teddy Mellencamp, Ben Higgins, and Ashley Iikeineeddi. Visit atxfestival dot com now to buy your badge and join us June first through the fourth