Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya red An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Scrub a dub dub Happy fourth of July week, everybody.
Speaker 4: Poor of July Weekay.
Speaker 3: We're not doing any new episodes this week due to the holiday, but we did want to give you a little something to listen to for the break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know what, actually what really perturbs me tell us as a consumer, summer break would just really annoy me. Like I hated when shows when I'm hiatus over the summer because I'm like, hello, your viewers are still here?
Speaker 5: Oh dare they?
Speaker 4: I know? But now that's basically what we're doing this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We literally never take any break. You're a workhorse I am.
Speaker 4: I am a horse that works.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm like, summer break was everything to me. Winter break, summer break, any break, Yeah, I love a break. No, my whole life is a break.
Speaker 4: We don't have breaks on scrubbing and we just go no.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Someone asked me the other day was like, how many seasons or how many episodes do you do during a season? And I was like, what, I'm sorry a season?
Speaker 2: We are a year round baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't have seasons. Yeah, we're a year round.
Speaker 2: School summer breaks here nightmare. What are you doing for the fourth?
Speaker 4: Probably gonna hang out with you?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: What are you doing for the fourth? Uh? Oh?
Speaker 2: I meant to talk to you about.
Speaker 1: You did not immediately, Well, you did not.
Speaker 2: This is what happened. I can't be alone.
Speaker 4: I know it's gone too well.
Speaker 3: I was saying I had to talk to you about it because I wanted to see your feelings about Haley's whole family is going to be up visiting her. I know this, I know, and she wanted me to go and be there with her while her whole family is there as a family thing.
Speaker 2: So I thought you were going to let.
Speaker 4: Them be as a family and you were going to say.
Speaker 3: So now, my god, But we can discuss further because if if it's if it's a huge.
Speaker 2: Thing, then his Paulinea is anyone.
Speaker 4: It's the fourth of July and my fiance is across the country.
Speaker 3: But it's not too late to go with him.
Speaker 2: What about like fourth of July and the Hamptons. Isn't it a New York or something?
Speaker 4: The wedding is on the fourth of July.
Speaker 2: On the fourth.
Speaker 1: He's at a wedding on the fourth. Yeah, he didn't get a plus one.
Speaker 4: No, no, he did. I was just like, we've been traveling so much, like it's just been like a lot, and so he's like, why don't you just like stay back and take care of things? And so I was like, Okay, it sound like a good plan. And now I'm really looking back, I'm questioning my choices.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Also, we were talking about going to Mexico, right, but then last I talked to you were kind of like on the Mexico thing. So then I got like in my head, thinking, am I just going to be at home alone.
Speaker 2: With on you're texting me?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I thought maybe we could go to like oh hi, you know, I get to cut day trip or something.
Speaker 3: See, we haven't discussed this. Yeah, this is all happening live. Yeah, a live action ginger chan news breaks stress.
Speaker 4: Stress, What are you doing about the fourth of July? She asked me. I thought I was with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I walked into that and I thought as it came out of my mouth, like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: We haven't I had to talk with Yeah, so this is good. Do you have like traditions on fourth of July. I love a hot dog, but that's really it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no traditions here do you eat hot dogs? Preferably not? But I mean, I'll have one.
Speaker 1: To glisy for you. What no glisy for you?
Speaker 4: It's glizzy glizy.
Speaker 1: That's what the kids call hot dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no glisy for me. I don't gravitate to the hot dog. I'd rather have like five.
Speaker 1: Burgers, any sausages of any kind.
Speaker 4: Not really nothing for you. Not really everybody here likes hot dogs. I do like a pig and a blanket.
Speaker 1: See it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: Not really, this take take us. Take me back to when she ate my orange. I sing cinnamon roll and she said ew. We just said hot dog and she goes ew. I guarantee if a hot dog was the only thing.
Speaker 2: She would eat a whole glossy.
Speaker 4: If you gave me a pig and a blanket, a full pig in a full blanket, I would eat.
Speaker 1: That like a hot dog, and like a croissant roll correct bread.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who wants a hot dog bun? Those things are yeah, but you could get a croissant hot dog bud.
Speaker 1: You can get any kind of hot dog.
Speaker 4: I don't want any of it, but blanket blanket's good?
Speaker 2: No, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love a p If I was forced by law to be in a food eating contest like Joey chefsnan on the fourth of July, but the series on Labor Day, I would do pigs in a blanket. I think, yes. If I had to do it food, it would be that. I think I could really compete.
Speaker 4: Mine would be ice cream.
Speaker 1: I feel like you get an ice cream headache.
Speaker 4: Well, you'd get a headache from anything eventually. Now you get brain freeze from Okay, all right, hold on anyone else?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How would you eat if you, by law had to participate in food eating context? I bet I could eat fifty pigs in a blanket?
Speaker 4: Easy?
Speaker 2: How big are these are? Small?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, well there's some larger pigs in the blanket.
Speaker 5: Like it?
Speaker 2: They even busters?
Speaker 1: Those are the connoisse over there.
Speaker 2: Ask me anything about the range the pigs in a blanket?
Speaker 5: I think cheeseburgers. I could do a lot of yah, Yeah, I think realistically realistic, like if it was the McDonald's, like cheese bowl, really basic ones. Yeah, I could probably do fifteen.
Speaker 1: Fifteen to one. Citty too serious?
Speaker 5: I am so impressive. Alison tries to get me to not do this, but I do like to eat a lot. There's a there's a place in Coasta, Mesa that has a two poun on sinnamon roll and if you eat the whole thing, get your picture on the wall. And I've been trying to do it, and one of these days, maybe fourth of July, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: That's what I would choose. I would choose cinnamon rolls, I think, really yeah, Oh my gosh, I love cinnamon rolls. That's why with your like orange blaze one, because I'm like.
Speaker 2: You could do you could eat like a ton of those.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. There's ones in Newport that are giant, like they are like the size of like three of my head the pounder. Yeah, is it in Newport?
Speaker 5: Is the place I'm thinking of?
Speaker 2: Might be?
Speaker 4: I think mine's in Balboa Island.
Speaker 2: Specifically, she doesn't couldn't be sure. She's like Balboa Island.
Speaker 4: When we stayed at her friend's house, it Robbie and I stayed at her friend's house, and I think that's where we stayed, so I'm assuming it was like close by.
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: What would yours?
Speaker 2: Rebecca mazzarellistics.
Speaker 1: All right, wow, real good?
Speaker 4: Could just number one hundred? Do you think not a hundred?
Speaker 1: Marinaris Rand Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 3: I had a thought the other day of something that I was saying, I could eat these and never like I just could keep eating this.
Speaker 1: Why I think of that because if I'm at a party with pigs in a blanket, I eat about ten of them and I'm like, I feel like I've eaten nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, I really wanted to go with ice cream, but you guys, like, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I also think is like like a pizza roll or like a bagel bite.
Speaker 2: I love those two.
Speaker 4: Just pizza is pretty good too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a good I liked that conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, this year, you know a lot of controversies with the hot dog eating contests. Are you guys aware of this? Joey Chestnuts?
Speaker 4: This episode is who is Joey Chestnut?
Speaker 1: Joey Chesnut is a competitive eater and every year on the fourth of July he competes in the what is it the famous Nathan Nathan's Famous hot Dogs Eating contest in New York and he wins almost every year and he usually just blows away the competition. It used to be a guy named Kobayashi who really set the bar high for competitive eaters. Then Joey Chestnut came along and blew him away. Well anyway, uh, this year, Nathan's disqualified Joey Chestnut because he is has a sponsorship deal with a vegan hot dog company, so they said you are disqualified. So they're having it without him, which is going to be really boring because the window are gonna be like twenty hot dogs.
Speaker 2: What does he normally average.
Speaker 1: In the seventies, I'll confirm that, but I'm pretty.
Speaker 5: Sure he does that weird thing where you like dip some in water.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, ye, which is like that's.
Speaker 5: Not even fun, man.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: I've always wanted to be that person though that this is a pivot from your water plunging hot dog thing. But have like a tradition that I do every fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I thought I didn't know where you're Yeah anything.
Speaker 1: The record joy Chests and the world record is seventy six hot dogs eating in Do you know how long? Is it ten minutes or something? Eastern?
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's on my head, but it's it's short. Have you guys ever done like a food challenge like that? Really?
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I hate myself after Yeah.
Speaker 5: I did a thing called the Chocolate Bomb in my hometown of Sandgray's, California, and it was like six chocolate pancakes, four chocolate flowerless cookies, a bunch of chocolate ice cream and you have to do it in like twenty minutes and you get a picture on the wall. And I have never felt more like I wanted to throw up.
Speaker 4: I I do that, did not do it flowerless is what really gets you because it's dense.
Speaker 5: It's so hard, and then you have to kill a thing of chocolate milk too. Man, it sucks.
Speaker 1: It's seventy six hot dogs in ten minutes. That is the record.
Speaker 5: Wow wow away.
Speaker 1: So at the end of the story, I know I keep going back to this, but they so for Labor Day this year, it's just Mano Amano Joey Chestnut versus Kobayashi, the two greatest of all time competing and eating hot dogs.
Speaker 2: It's because this deal is up.
Speaker 1: Because he can't do the four the July, so they said, fine, We're going to do our own thing on Labor Day.
Speaker 5: It's not like Netflix, right, it's gonna be a big.
Speaker 6: Deal Netflix special. Yeah, what would you like for your tradition to be, Tanya?
Speaker 4: But it seems like this fourth of July is not going to be the time to start. It's run so low, run so low.
Speaker 3: So like even if I was here, which can still happen, if if if you need me.
Speaker 4: Well no, no, it's like the guilt trip and I have to let you go. No, even though plans first, well.
Speaker 2: We were supposed to go to Combo and then you.
Speaker 4: Don't dip dip on it. I didn't dip. I just said let's bring our dog, my.
Speaker 2: Dog, bringing Phoebe to Cobo. Not going to Combo with Sonny. Love her, but it's not a vacation. Sonny's a Becka. She gets it.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 2: But like I feel like, even if we.
Speaker 3: Were together, you wouldn't want to start a tradition without Robbie here.
Speaker 4: Well, what if the tradition is we barbecue at my house?
Speaker 3: So I'm staying home from going to see my girlfriend to barbecue at my house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll do some what's the game with the handballs? With the beads? In the ball in the bags corn cornhole. We'll play cornhole like that game. We'll play ping pong or do a solid taire or whatever. The games are solidaire, you should grill and play. So the visual of that is so dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, when I was young in Louisiana.
Speaker 4: But also just to like let everybody know, we did record this like a week ago, so I do have some time to find some other plans. Hope, Becca's not like ditching me last minute, if you were ditching me on the first, on the fourth, but that's messed up.
Speaker 2: I would like to think I'm a better friend than that.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I'm still a tight window.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I've got a lot of travel coming up. So it's just I'm trying to make everyone happy. It's a lot I take a lot on. Yeah, a lot of people. Anyways, when in Louisiana, like you can just go buy fireworks, so like.
Speaker 2: People will just like shoot them out from like their street. And that was just the thing.
Speaker 3: Like you'd go to people's house and you would get your little sparkler and light it and they'd be all the guys would be like shooting off.
Speaker 5: Fireworks, like real fireworks, like big ones. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeahs Honestly, it's so dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yea, it is really dangerous. But I think about doing it here and I'm like, that's insane to think.
Speaker 6: About because of the risk of fires, like we were already having fires here.
Speaker 4: I always see that, like, you know, everybody, like a lot of weddings they use like the sparklers when like the couple is like leaving stuff. I'm like, it looks so cute, but I'm like, I would be the one couple that like gets flung in the eye with like a sparkle or something. I don't need any of that happening.
Speaker 3: I saw this bride and she was walking down the stairs to do her exit and she had platforms, she had sneakers on and her ankle rolled and she couldn't like walk, and I was like, that's so sad.
Speaker 2: She changed literally to be comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you got to be a lot of elements. So yeah, yeah, so whatever y'all are, What are y'all doing.
Speaker 5: Alison's getting her haircut on the third by a new guy, and so that's gonna be a very emotional day. So potentially on the fourth, I'm going to be well, it depends on how this goes.
Speaker 6: So she's just had a lot of issues with with hair people and the layers and everything.
Speaker 5: She could go into more detail, but we're really building up to this big appointment on July third, and a lot hinges on this, so I understand. Yeah, you just get it. Yeah, So that you know, we'll probably just hang out at home, watch some fireworks, talk about how great her hair looks.
Speaker 4: Nice, take some picks of her nice. Nice.
Speaker 1: My wife and youngest daughter or the dance competition all week. It's Nationals in San Diego, big deal. So my oldest daughter and I are on our own and she'll be off doing her thing, and so I mean, I'm going.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to be home with the dogs trying to keep them from freaking out when the fireworks are going out. But yeah, maybe we should hang Yeah.
Speaker 4: In case steps, Oh my god, we can get some steps in, come off two thousand oaks and we can do my daily two thousand oggs.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of steps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be records for that one.
Speaker 4: That's right. I'm gonna text Poline.
Speaker 3: Well, whatever you're doing, we hope you have fun, be safe.
Speaker 2: We love you. So much, and we can't wait to come back.
Speaker 4: I don't like the break.
Speaker 2: I love the break, and I can't also can't wait to come back.
Speaker 1: Birthday season when we come back and the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right. The caner cancer. Yeah, cancer, I.
Speaker 4: Just found out that I'm a cancer. Iland to take a screenshot. I'm a cancer Sun Taurus moon Aquarius rising.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: The Taurus makes so much sense.
Speaker 3: Does so they're just so stubborn and setting their ways like that is so?
Speaker 2: Is that really so?
Speaker 4: It says sensitive seeks comfort and forgives but never forgets. I'm like that is gonna be sorry about the cursing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's why, like my I'm Scorpio, but my moon is cancer and my rising is Libra.
Speaker 4: So probably why we get along so well, that's why I you canmpathies.
Speaker 2: Can understand you more. Yeah, because if I was just all Scorpio, I'd be.
Speaker 4: Like, no, you wouldn't want nothing to do with me. Yeah. Yeah, thank go on, all right, we
Speaker 3: Love you, love you be saved by