Speaker 1: What's up you guys.
Speaker 2: It's La La Kent with Randall. We are back.
Speaker 1: So we went on our little break, which, okay, first of all, before we go there, we're in a temporary like I don't even know why, because if people are listening and there's an echo, it's because we're in, like, okay, an industrial location.
Speaker 3: Your new podcast studio is twelve feet from us exactly.
Speaker 1: So it's being built out. So if it sounds echoey, that's exactly why. Anyway, what we.
Speaker 2: Have been off the air for three months now.
Speaker 1: We told everyone in January Tim producer Tim, we still have him hi, that we would be back to February.
Speaker 2: I know. It's okay.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. A couple of things happen. A couple of things happen. Let's just put it out there. One we left our old network and we were very grateful and thankful for them. They were great, and we have now signed with a new company and we're very excited. And also, let's be honest, you were in your final trimester about to give birth to our child, and you did give birth to our child, so you were.
Speaker 2: A little busy.
Speaker 3: So now that our baby is here, you were very excited to you know, I mean, you were ready to relaunch the podcast, and now it's our.
Speaker 2: Baby is sitting a foot away from us. Why we're podcasting.
Speaker 1: It's so amazing. No, we were planning on coming back February fourteenth, Valentine's Day. I was super hyped about it. I thought it would be cute to do it like that. But then, like most people have a due date and you kind of plan around that. Granted, you can't plan quote unquote pregnancy or when you're going to give birth, but for Randall and myself, it was like, we don't know when she's gonna come. So I just decided, let's put the podcast on hold, chill out. I'll enjoy however long I have left of being pregnant. And then on March fifteenth, I gave birth to my soulmates. Yes, and I'm kent emit.
Speaker 3: I am very proud of you. You have become the most well you're already a most amazing woman, but now you're an amazing mother and you already were an amazing step mother. So now you're superstar mom and superstar badass fiance.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've got all the titles.
Speaker 1: Two of the things I never aspired to be in my wait, the mom part, I did aspire the.
Speaker 2: Second one you could talk about being a mom so the.
Speaker 1: Day I met Yeah, the first one, I definitely always aspired to be the badass Fyance never was even in the vicinity of I just wanted to like be a boss bitch.
Speaker 3: Well, let's style it back for a minute for everybody, because you know, I think I've learned being with you. You know, these articles and stuff that come out, I've learned that. You know, they do show a side, a slice of these moments that you've had.
Speaker 2: But let's style it back because that day.
Speaker 3: Let's just I think it'd be nice to kick off this podcast, our first episode, our first week with kind of just take us through what you were going through from the night before when you knew we were going to the hospital the next morning, and then getting up at seven in the morning and heading to the hospital and all the way to twenty four hours later when she came, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, oh here come the tears, like you for doing that? Why this is beautiful stuff everybody wants to hear.
Speaker 3: And I think you're so people don't realize Lala is the well people probably do not, and before you say this, I just want to say, who don't realize you are such an emotionally beautiful person and so vulnerable and so everything you know, And I don't think everybody knows that. I think a lot of people do, but a lot of people don't. And I think that since you've become a mother to your own baby, you have just been such an epic human of just of every proportion. And I am so proud to call you the mother of our daughters. So I just want to be able to hear your journey because it was it was your first time giving birth.
Speaker 2: And it was a big fucking deal.
Speaker 3: So just tell me, just share just whatever you want to share it, because I thought it was the most beautiful moment, you know, ever of our relationship. And we've had a lot of beautiful moments, but this one definitely is the one I will remember trumps.
Speaker 1: Them all for me at least. Well, I feel like that's kind of where I got excited that they scheduled me to be induced, because I got to enjoy the last moments of certain things like most people, like when my water breaks. Whereas I knew that I was going in at seven o'clock in the morning on March fourteenth, which was a Sunday, and that the night before it was like, oh my gosh, she's kicking, like come tomorrow or you know, you never really know when it's gonna pop out. But I got to think about those little last moments of her and my tummy, or the last horrific night's sleep, which till are not great. So mean there even worse. So we we wake up, we go to the hospital. Randall got to see something happen to me that he's never seen before. That kind of happens to me often the most basic thing tim when you go in to be induced or just to have a baby, they put the ivy in your arm, right, oh.
Speaker 2: Right, that's where you're going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they do this right as I check in whatever. We're in the bed, and I told the nurse, I pass out. When you tell me that my vein is rollie that you can't quite find it, you are fucking me, like mentally beyond okay.
Speaker 3: Let me let me I really, because I know your audience loves when I shut up. But I'm gonna I am gonna step in right here. I'm gonna I want to say this story because Lala really doesn't have any place to tell this part. I wanted her to share every beautiful moment of being the mother and giving birth to our daughter.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm gonna tell, okay, but let me let me just say one thing, you Kim. I said to the nurse right before it happened, because I always know when it's gonna happen. I tell them my arms and legs are going numb. I'm going to pass out. I warned them. I already know that that's going to happen.
Speaker 2: That's not what happened.
Speaker 1: I did. I warned that woman. I warned the nurse. He says, I didn't. Okay, tell your version.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell the version because I was there and it was fucked up. So let me tell you. So.
Speaker 3: I don't do really well with needles either. So you got Lala and I are both like woosies when it comes. But you know you're there with your best friend and your partner, so you know if they got to cut her open, I would obviously I get through it.
Speaker 2: So here's what I want to say.
Speaker 3: So she's laying there, we had just got there. We are like so emotional, we are like on cloud nine. We're walking in. We're like, here we are, we got our bags packed. We walk into Cedars and I'm like, you know, it's like that moment you're just like so excited. And I'm so excited for her because she has been carrying our daughter for nine months and I'm very very proud of her. But and and and and so blessed to have such a great partner. So now that kiss dress, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not get into the details. So we walk into the room, she lays down, she gets her gown on. She's there.
Speaker 3: The nurse comes in and Lalla tells her I pass out very easily. And I'm thinking, okay, passing out.
Speaker 2: If she passes out, she's in the bed. She ain't going anywhere.
Speaker 3: But there's a difference between and exorcism and passing around.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's fucked up. I'm gonna tell you how. You don't even know what happens. Happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she's laying there, they get the needle out, they take her thing, and she's telling them and I'm talking to her. I'm holding her hand and I'm holding and I'm looking right in her eyes and I say, baby, it's gonna be okay, just hanging there, and the nurse goes, okay, you ready, and she counts down, and I'm looking right at my partners, right in her eyes. I'm looking right in her eyes and we're talking and as the needle I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: The needle going in.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of keeping her eyes shielded so I shouldn't see anything. As they're doing whatever they're doing to get it into her vein, I see her eyes start to roll back into her head.
Speaker 2: This is not passing out, passing out as you go to sleep, right, the eyes are in her head. Now I'm making a joke of this.
Speaker 3: Now I am telling you that I was gonna have a heart attack and hit the fucking floor. And I literally said la la, la la. And I said to the nurse, ma'am, there's something wrong because like you see her best friend and your partner, you know, eyes going ahead. This it's horrifying, Like I've never seen anything like this. I've been with her for five years. And I say lala, and she is. Elvis has left the building. And now I tell them, I tell them, please stop whatever you're doing right now, because Lawa is not And then they see that Lala's eyes are in her head and she's gone, and I say, they say, La La, Now I know they're nervous, they're they're freaked out, like I'm freaked out, And all of a sudden, her eyes come back to her where they're supposed to be. I'm only laughing now, I wasn't laughing then and she's and Lala says, what what's going on?
Speaker 1: No, because they're all dead stare at me, and I'm like, why every you know, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: You said hi?
Speaker 3: He said okay, and then they kept doing it and then they went back into her head again, and then I said, call the doctor right now. I'm not cool at this. There's something fucking wrong. And she was gone like they were trying to wake her up on her like the eyes were thed. No, and it was I'm laughing because.
Speaker 1: It's over, because it's over.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing, it is over.
Speaker 3: But I also want to say that tears were in my eyes they saw and I please call the doctor right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking.
Speaker 3: And then they they did call the doctor and both of them us they had gotten it in and.
Speaker 2: Her eyes came back to her. They're supposed to be for the second time. And then I said, lawa, do you know where you're at? Do you? And they said do you know where you're at? And she said, yeah, I'm in the.
Speaker 1: They go, la, la, do you know where you are and what you're doing? And I go, yes, I'm at Cedars. I'm having a baby today.
Speaker 2: Just like it was nothing.
Speaker 1: I knew where the fun was.
Speaker 2: Like a sitcom or something.
Speaker 3: It wasn't, yeah, sitcom, I don't know if it was that, but but let me tell.
Speaker 1: You this, it was like crying in the corner.
Speaker 3: Wasn't crying in the corner. I was crying right holding your hand. But anyway, okay, So then they gave her some kind of juice.
Speaker 2: Was the juice that you.
Speaker 1: Like when you honest, honest kids, juice box.
Speaker 2: They give her honest kids juice box. But listen to this. Listen listen to this.
Speaker 3: After she after she has the juice, she comes back to her normal state and now she's calm and.
Speaker 1: I and now Randall's freaking because that little, that little tiny fucking thing that goes in your arm and then the epidural is kind of.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna totally.
Speaker 3: But the epidural was in a little while, like we were gonna give it a few hours. So I say to her, I say to her, I'm just gonna step outside just for a quick second. I literally took the elevator down to the street to get eric because I thought I was going to pass out. I thought I was going to pass out in front of her while she was passing out. Then we'd both be passed out. Would be bad. So I went downstairs, took a walk, true story, true story.
Speaker 2: I called her mother. I do that a lot.
Speaker 3: And then I called my mother on a three way and I said to them, what just happened. I said, Law's eyes were rolled back in her head. And then I was in tears on the phone to them, because you know, you love somebody so much, you don't want to see them, you know, in any kind of anything that's out of normal.
Speaker 2: Let's say. So it was. It was just a really harsh moment for me. But thank god she was okay.
Speaker 3: And then and then I went back upstairs, and then we hung out for like a couple hours while you just you know why, we just waited, and then as you started getting discomfort, then we did the epidural and by the way, you.
Speaker 1: Told Randall was so emotionally scarred from me having an exorcism. I call it passing out because they said it was. I did not seize. It was definitely you fainted because Ocean's heart rate stayed normally, like the baby was not affected.
Speaker 2: That is true, but I thought to thank God.
Speaker 1: But Randall was so affected. My mom was supposed to come in on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You have to got Tuesday, you have to say the whole thing.
Speaker 1: He made her come in on Sunday, so he's like, surprise, your mom's here. I'm like, oh see, you are not about this life.
Speaker 2: You are not about it. That's bullshit, that life.
Speaker 1: I was joking, okay, because we're honey, it's a podcast, ha ha, let's laugh about it. Oh you're about that life.
Speaker 3: I am about that life about Oh can I just say one thing though, and then I want, I really want you to tell your journey from It's going to be a.
Speaker 1: Long journey because you keep butting in.
Speaker 2: I know, but it's fun.
Speaker 3: When they did the epidural, I looked you right in the face, I said, look at me, and I told the nurse, do not.
Speaker 1: Are you taking credit for the epidural going.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm getting upset right now.
Speaker 1: The epidural went well because I told her before she started, don't talk to me about the needle size. Don't count it down. I'm going to turn around. Okay, I told her I don't want to know a thing about baby.
Speaker 2: Remember when I was looking right in your eyes and we.
Speaker 1: Were kissing, Randall, if you don't stop this rookie nonsense. This is season two of Give Them La La with Randall to the podcast, brought to you by Westwood.
Speaker 2: One, our new partner. Okay, I did. Now I want to say something anyway, She noted.
Speaker 3: The epidural, which I thought was going to be ten times worse than.
Speaker 1: The IB, was nothing because they didn't psych me out emotionally.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's our story. Let's go back to the beautiful part of giving birth to our daughter. Okay, you giving birth to our daughter. I want you to have this episode to be really about you. I wanted to make light and fun, but the truth is I want to reset the stage what you did and how you did it. I am so blessed to have a partner, you know, and I mean that, and I want you to tell people your journey because it was really beautiful watching your transformation from Lalla before you had the baby, even though you were a sap as a pregnant woman. But since you since ocean has been here. Oh my god, we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: Oh I love the enthusia. Oh my gosh. Okay, so we get there whatever the whole long story with the needle and the season or whatnot. So then they start the balloon and so the survey. So I'm looking at producer Tim. He's like, I wish I was a female right now. I wish I were a girl. And I couldn't even stand it. So I got the epidural super quick. I was feeling no fucking pain, but I was so anxious because I felt like just a torso like it's stub. I'm like, I can't fill my legs when it's time to push. How am I even going to know how to get her out of my body? You know? So that I was tripping about and Randall kept trying to call me down, like your body's gonna know what to do? Okay, flash too. That night they've told me you're not having the baby today, like you'll probably have it later tomorrow because you have not dilated at all. I think by the time I went I think by the time I went to sleep, I was at a four, which is like not a lot, especially when they've induced you with like that balloon thing.
Speaker 3: And keep in mind, I want people to remember, you were induced three weeks.
Speaker 1: Early, correct, thirty seven weeks exactly.
Speaker 2: So there's a whole.
Speaker 3: Nother level of anxiety for us because we knew she was going to be under six pounds, but we also were nervous because we weren't one hundred percent sure what was going to happen. And they and they did tell us to that there is a chance.
Speaker 2: They didn't say.
Speaker 3: Either way, they just said, there's a because we're inducing early, there is a chance that our daughter will go to the NIC.
Speaker 1: You for them, Yes, don't cry because it didn't happen, but no, thank god. Okay, so they do that whole thing. That night. I slept like a fucking champion.
Speaker 2: That is a crazy part.
Speaker 1: They were like, you're not going to get any sleep tonight, so just like, try to rest your eyes at least I knocked the fuck out. They came in to break my water and it was at like no four in the morning.
Speaker 3: No. Seven, at got there right hold on.
Speaker 1: Scranda was like because he was like, we woke him up out of a stupor.
Speaker 2: I was on the couch. I was on the couch. Wait, I was on the couch sleeping.
Speaker 3: I mean, they make him into these beds, these couches that her mom and all of us were.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, today is Ocean's actual due dates. So I'm like, soon I want to relive this.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So they come in and break my water. Producer to him and the nurse comes in. She's like, I'm gonna change your like bedding and pads because you're in a lot of water. I was so fucking tired. I go, can you just leave it the way it is? I go, I can't feel anything. So I was just laying in just like a pond of water. Okay that I had no fucking idea because I was so numb. Fast forward too, like four in the morning, she comes back in. It was every two hours, so whenever they broke my water, they were then checking to see like when is this baby gonna come? Six am rolls around, nurse comes in, shoves her fingers up there. It's It's so crazy how it becomes just so natural when you see the nurse come in, you just like flop your legs open. My legs were so heavy and I couldn't feel them that the only way I knew that they were hanging off the bed was because my body would fall the one side. I'd be like, are he's on the ground, and you would come over and have to put them back on the butt. It was fucking hysterical. Anyway. She puts her fingers up my kookie and says, oh my god, we're like, we're there. You're you're at a ten and I don't know what this means. You're at a ten plus three, She says, I can feel the head. She goes, So, what you're gonna do is you're gonna give me one practice push. I just want to see how this is gonna go, because you could be pushing anywhere from like four to six hours.
Speaker 2: I guess said that to us early one earlier.
Speaker 1: So I do one practice push.
Speaker 3: She goes.
Speaker 1: Stop, She goes, I need you not to move until the doctor gets.
Speaker 3: Here, because so the baby was literally could have come out right then. And then, by the way, during this day, are they woke me up, and I am I was in a sleeping stupor they wake me up, and I.
Speaker 2: Think, oh my god, okay, it's whatever, six three whatever time. I got up.
Speaker 3: I walk over and they've already got the legs are already up and they're like, grab a leg and I'm like what. So I grabbed leg and and and now we're waiting for the doctor to show up. And I say to the nurse, how long do you think She goes, no, you don't understand. When the doctor walks in the room, you're gonna have your daughter.
Speaker 2: And I'm like what.
Speaker 1: The nurse is like, I can see the head right now?
Speaker 2: Oh, they asked me. They said, do you want to see your daughter's head right now? I said absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Which I didn't mind. It was like, stay honey, side of the baby.
Speaker 3: I would have I would have hit the ground if I saw anything.
Speaker 1: So the doctor fucking walks in and I say, are you gonna tent my legs? He goes no time, that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Because I said, babe, don't worry. Lala kept saying look at me, don't worry, and I was like, Babe, we're doing this together. And then literally I said, what do you think they're gonna do you think they're gonna put something up? And the doctor said when Lala asked him, I remember, he said, no time, gotta go.
Speaker 2: And literally literally he asked you to push. I had your leg, I held your hand. You pushed two times.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. I pushed for two contractions, which was a total if you include my practice push seven times. On the final push, tim, I start right and I see over and I see her head coming out. It was he originally says to me, the heads out. Do you want to feel and due to like the arm and the needle, I was like, I can't risk passing out at this point, you know, like I trust you that it's there, and I'm like, we're good. I don't want to feel it. And it was, oh my god. Okay. So Brittany and Jack's are about to have their baby and I she came over to see ocean and I literally when I see a pregnant person, now I'm like, this insane person. I'm like, I'm so excited for you. You have no idea what this experience is going to be like when you give birth. There looking at me like yeah, I'm really excited I'm like, no, you don't get it. Like I all I did was saw because I felt like my heart was going to explode if it didn't come out of somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Oh when you yeah, and then talk about the moment they handed you your daughter.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You you just sit there and you're like, I can't believe. Yes, the men help tremendously creating.
Speaker 2: Thank you, like you okay, sure, but you're you're the hero. But you're the hero.
Speaker 1: We sat there and have this this thing in us for nine months, and it is relying on every decision that we make to put into our you know, like everything can't get botox anymore. You know, I can't drink if I no, but it's like if I need two cups of coffee to wake up, Like I can't do that.
Speaker 3: But but but I want you to tell people the moment because I because it was magical for me to see you when they handed you your daughter.
Speaker 2: That moment.
Speaker 1: I wondered, like how I existed before that moment?
Speaker 2: You know? I remember, like.
Speaker 1: Even still right now, I'm like, okay, it's three weeks, she's still brand new, But I'm like, no, how can it already be three weeks.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Get upset everything. Yeah, right now, you love.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you you love my hormones.
Speaker 3: But no, no, your hormones are one thing.
Speaker 2: But Lala, I've known you for five years. I have never seen you like this.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is your love for your daughter is is second to none.
Speaker 1: I just have never felt anything like when when I would ask people like, what does it feel like? And they're like, you can't describe it sounds so corny, like you cannot describe it.
Speaker 2: Agree with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the love for the love you have for a child is really hard to describe.
Speaker 2: It's just that love is so powerful. And I think you're a parent, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's really a weird thing because you know, as children, you know, we have parents, you know, and we're raised to love our parents and that connection we have to our parents, even when you go through shit with your parents and we all do you know, you have an argument or you don't get along, or you don't want.
Speaker 2: To go to Christmas.
Speaker 3: I don't know Christmas luncheon, because it's just you know, whatever bs that you know, you get into, you always that connection you have with your parents you can never have with anybody else, It's just a different thing. Yeah, I love for a parent, and I really believe that as a parent, and I think you probably agree completely. But watching Lalla have that connection.
Speaker 2: When the hand of your baby.
Speaker 1: Was was no. My identity became just simply I'm Ocean's mom. Nothing. I don't nothing else. I don't consist of anything else. That is my identity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you do you remember what the first the first thing you said when they handed your daughter. I don't know if you remember, because you were you don't, probably medicating up a little bitter. But do you remember when they hand her too, and the first thing you said to me? I don't think you remember, but maybe you do. You said it over and over the whole day.
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 2: You said, I've never been this happy before, and I'm so full of love.
Speaker 1: I was so I am so full of like, I've never been more in love with anything in my whole life. I love you, I love thank you.
Speaker 2: Give them with Ocean coming down for real.
Speaker 3: No, but I but it was so beautiful because you were you had just given birth minutes before, and you were holding your baby and they you literally kept saying over and over and I was really blown away.
Speaker 2: You kept saying, I'm so my heart is solful. My heart is so ful.
Speaker 1: That's how it felt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was very special.
Speaker 1: The only way to release, like you feel like you're going to explode, the only way I can describe it. And that night they would, you know, come in and feed, help me feed, or you know, give her the bubba because she wasn't pooping, and so she had to be on formula for a sec because they were trying to kickstart that system. Anyway. I could talk about every little but they put her back in her like little like a bass and I think, oh, hi, she woke up for a second. God, she's so cute.
Speaker 2: This is a cute baby. By My mom called me over the weekend and for like five minutes she was like, Ocean is so cute. And I was like, thanks, Ma, I know, I agree, she is very cute. What do you have to say about my kids?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm way more interested in Margo and Darcy.
Speaker 2: She was all about Ocean.
Speaker 1: That is. I mean, obviously we're biased, but I think she's a pretty beautiful baby.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 1: No but let me just say, oh quick, that night in the little bacinet that they put them in the cute hospital ones that are see through. Her eyes were open. I stayed awake all night long and I just stared at her. I like got her out of her little bascinet. I'm like, how can I sleep? Be like, what if you do something and I miss it?
Speaker 3: You didn't want to miss any by the way, I that theme of not missing anything, because.
Speaker 2: You know, you could say it's a cliche, but for you, it's literal.
Speaker 3: Like every second for the last three weeks, you don't want to do shit except stare at your daughter and listen. I have been there by your side at every second. But like, if I'm like, babe, let's go downstairs get a pop school, You're like, no, you can go downstairs and get a popsicle.
Speaker 2: Because I have to be here next to Ocean.
Speaker 3: I'm like, but baby Ocean is swaddled and asleep, you know, and we have the camera and we'll just come right back upstairs. We'll take a whole fourteen second step. No, got to be right here, like you really taken.
Speaker 2: But it is a.
Speaker 3: Beautiful thing and I really love watching it because to have you as the mother you are within three weeks of having a baby is.
Speaker 2: It's just unbelievable. The connection you have to Ocean is beautiful.
Speaker 1: She's my best friend.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 3: I knew you were going to be a phenomenal mother, because you're an incredible stepmother to my children, But when you have your own baby, your own biological baby, watching you from newborn from the minute.
Speaker 2: She came out, I can't.
Speaker 3: You must have said that night when she came out, twenty five times, how full your heart is, and how in love you are.
Speaker 2: And how and how.
Speaker 3: You love her so much. You said it over and over and over, and I just knew that this connection that you have is the deepest connection I've ever seen you experience.
Speaker 2: It's all of it.
Speaker 3: It's so obsessed and it's by the way, and you say it even to even today when we're in the you brought her in and we're in the office. You know, you're just like when her arms, I said, babe, she looks like she is she full now because she just had breast fetter. And you said, and you said, and you said, let me see. And you took a second. You took her off the nipple, the boo, the boot and you were holding her and her arms were outstretched, her hands were open, and I said, she looks calm, and she looks you know, chill now, and you go, yeah. See when her hands are open and relaxed, that means she's happy. And when they're clenched, I'm like, I mean you you.
Speaker 1: It was also very telling when she's not screaming, bloody murder, that's what I She's hungry. She's literally screaming. That's why bloody murdered.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought she was That's why I thought she was full. But I didn't know there were hands symbols too, so signals.
Speaker 2: So that's pretty epic.
Speaker 1: No, she definitely ocean for being three weeks early, has mad pipes, and she is strong as a motherfucker. This kid is lifting her head up off my chest and looking at me.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: No, she's strong af Now I know exactly what was like jamming into my ribcage and things like that. I was always like, what the fuck that?
Speaker 3: When I would feel her stomach and it was cute like in the beginning, she just pushed and I was, oh my god, and you get emotional.
Speaker 2: And you touch here.
Speaker 3: And then I came back from shooting the film, and it came home and it was a new thing. It was like a elbow, an elbow that moved across the entire stomach. It was like pushing through the skin. I was like, what is going on? She is going to come through your stomach.
Speaker 1: No, it felt that way.
Speaker 2: I thought she was going to pop out me.
Speaker 1: Too, I for sure did. I just can't believe she's here. Man.
Speaker 3: Well, I am very proud to be your partner and father of Ocean because you are an incredible mother, and you know how you how you handled your pregnancy and delivery and raising our baby was five star.
Speaker 1: Look at me differently.
Speaker 2: Somebody asked me that the other day. I don't know if it was you, because I think you have asked me that. No, the truth is this, I look at you.
Speaker 3: I cherish you so much that I don't look at you differently. I think that our connection is deeper, and I didn't think we could have a deeper connection than we already have.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I could love you any more than I already do because you're my soulem. But watching you love Ocean is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Five star.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so I think there my love for you is stronger in a way that maybe it's on a different level that I didn't think was possible, because I just felt like, we're so in love with one another and we're best friends. But watching you with our daughter, you know, watching you with Ocean is is just a really beautiful thing. And you know, look, I already knew you were going to be a five star fucking mom. I'm just saying this. I already knew. I know you're such a lover and such a vulnerable person and such a giver, you know, and you were patient af with with London and Riley. But when she's screaming at the top of her lugs, Ocean and I've run in and I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Do we need to go to the doctor? And you're like stop, just hungry, and you're just chill, you're relaxed.
Speaker 3: You just get the you just get the boob out, you get put in her mouth, And I'm like, who are you?
Speaker 2: Like you used to lose your ship.
Speaker 3: If the gardener outside was mowing the lawn too loud and the person I.
Speaker 1: Would still lose my shit. Just Ocean can do no wrong.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is you're this epic mom and when I watch you with her, nothing rattles you, and I get rattle because I'm so nerts Like I've told you baby, she okay, baby, Like I'm such an anxious dad, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, newborn, and I'm like, what you know? And I'm trying to, you know, be there with you.
Speaker 3: But you actually have been calming me down because you just it's like you you own it, you got it, like and I have to kind of look to you to like and like when I'm holding her if she starts freaking her out, freaking out, you kind of calm me down a lot. So I think that my love for you can never be stronger. But it's the the deeper. It's because we have this beautiful little girl and and you gave her to us.
Speaker 1: She's so perfect. But can I tell you today I went to the bank.
Speaker 2: Hold on, You're a pivot y, that's my pivot. Wow. I loved you.
Speaker 1: I needed that boost. I needed the boost. Just just be patient with me. I'm gonna remember you exist at some point.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what, Let me go back to uh, let me answer that question.
Speaker 1: I love all. I love you so much as well. You are everything.
Speaker 2: You know that I'm not sure right now, you do know, let's take.
Speaker 1: I love you very much, and you know that I've texted you very kind of things letting you know how much I love you and how grateful I am for the life that you have provided us with that's full of love. And now you've given me Ocean, so you're like perfect in my book. Okay, this is what I was going to say, because you were talking about how I've changed, so I want to say, Oh, I walked into today and I had topped Ocean off on the boobs before we went to the bank, and I was dressed right, so I just like pulled my little cami down with the breastfeeding broth underneath, clipped it back up, and I forgot to pull my came back over in a nursing bra. So I just walked into the bank with the bra out, cammy just around the belly, and a blazer on. Okay, with my Chanelle bag, my Gucci uh, my Gucci diaper bag, and my cute new kid which I cover like you should see. Everyone's like, what is in there exactly? I'm like a newborn baby. They're like, well, we would assume because it's in a car seat, but the way it's covered, you would think that there's something very I'm like, yeah, ocean fucking ken Emmett is in there, so it's something very special anyway. So yeah, that's how.
Speaker 2: That's how this story is.
Speaker 3: And I've noticed it because I know you get frustrated a lot lately. Is that your forgetfulness and like.
Speaker 2: With with meetings and dates colendis. But you know what I said to you.
Speaker 3: The doctor told us and other mothers have told you that pregnancy really fucks with the mind, you know, with remembering things. And I told you to be patient and kind to yourself and not get frustrated because you get frustrated very easily with that. And you just gave birth like twenty one days ago, and we are back.
Speaker 1: We're just talking about all things babies. Because I have no other identity in one track mind. I don't consist of anything cool anymore. So that is what I was saying. I look at my emails right today, and usually I'm very good. Like you tell me a date, it's stuck with me. I'm not forgetting it. I like rarely have to write anything down, even though I have a book for it. Anyway, So I have a book coming out called Give Them Lala obviously on May fourth. You can pre order now, though you.
Speaker 2: Change the title give them Lawa with Randall.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't, just yeah.
Speaker 2: Just me, I thought. I thought with Randall bleeds over time.
Speaker 1: So we're starting the little press tour right next week, and they're giving me dates and all of this stuff, and they were adding something to the virtual press tour, and they gave me two dates, the fifteenth or the sixteenth, and I look at my response and I go, let's actually do the thirteenth, because because Ocean has this doctor's appointment on the fourteenth. They're like, oh, cool about the doctor's appointment. But that was no date number one. It wasn't an option. And then I just like, involuntarily give you the fact that my kid has a doctor's appointment on the fourteenth, because in my mind, those were the dates they gave me. I cried in the office today because I was like, how can I be so clueless right now? Like is this going to be a forever thing? Because I'm so ocd that shit, and I like to have control and I don't have any right now, so I'm kind of tweaking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you'll you'll get that back. So because she's got baby brain right now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No one's gonna want to work with me. They're gonna be like, this bitch is crazy. Do you know how any doctor's appointments When I was pregnant with Ocean I went to on the wrong like three or three or four. I would walk in and finally they'd be like, we'll just fit you in. Can you come at lunch? No, it's so I feel for moms. I totally get it.
Speaker 2: You are one now.
Speaker 1: No, okay, I know weird feel for your kind now, yeah, those are my people. Those are my my folks. What are you gonna say, rand, Do you think we're still good at podcasting?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I never even thought anybody would listen in the first place. So they told us we're getting like one hundred thousand listens.
Speaker 2: A week plus. I was like, Wow, they must really.
Speaker 3: Like you, because I have I have like I have a good amount of fans, like I've had like I think thirty to forty people.
Speaker 2: Tell me they are a fan of mine. So that's good.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now I have a question though important. Let's play a little baby game.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The baby game is going to be I give you three questions, okay, and you just answer them and it's more of like just more of an experienced baby game, not really like a trivia game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: For the first episode, Best moment you've had with Ocean at home, for the time you got home out of the hospital, best moment you can remind I know they're all great. Just pick one that really stands out, that was really magical for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one is okay, this actually was just the other night. My mom came into town. Randa was at a pick a ball tournament down in Newport Beach, and Ocean I put her her. It's called the docatat, which is every new mom should have one. It's like a little area to put your baby and shape like a little boat kind of. But I put her in there. Okay. My mom's on the other side of her, and we're in the bed and she is chilling. Ocean is okay, properly fed, no tummy issues, and we're just watching Real Housewives of New York on hulu og episodes, and she was digging it. And I was like, this is the most awesome moment. My baby is down for Bravo when I thought, and her eyes were open.
Speaker 2: Roll the whole tape up.
Speaker 3: I understand what the fuck's happening because I checked out for a minute.
Speaker 2: So I asked you for an emotional moment that you remember forever.
Speaker 1: Did he say emotional? I thought, he said, my favorite.
Speaker 3: Moment, My favorite moment, Your favorite moment you remember is the baby watching the Housewives?
Speaker 2: It was it was just no, she was watching it.
Speaker 1: She definitely wasn't watching it. She was just staring at me.
Speaker 2: You mean, just that she was chilling with you.
Speaker 1: It was just like so cute to have me her in the middle, my mom on the other.
Speaker 2: Side, the girl's moment, and your dog with you. I get it. I miss because I thought, oh shit, she like, what does she think of oc in New York?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Sorry, what does she think of Housewives of New York? But I get it.
Speaker 1: No, But she had her bank in. She was happy.
Speaker 3: You were just having your perfect family moment, like your mom daughter.
Speaker 1: Because Ocean and I do a lot of skin to skin like that's an every night and every morning thing. You know, those are my favorite quote unquote moments.
Speaker 2: But this is like a fine, great moment.
Speaker 1: No where. Like I took a video not even to post, which is a big deal in this day and age. If you're taking a video just for your memory and not to show it to other people, big deal.
Speaker 2: I do that a lot. Oh God, I do.
Speaker 1: Please cue all the eye rolls in the world.
Speaker 2: Oh my fucking whatever. I can't believe you're saying that.
Speaker 1: Don't bullshit the book.
Speaker 3: I took videos this weekend of London and Riley for my own collection. I took videos of you and Ocean for my own collection that I didn't post.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm not so much what the fun.
Speaker 1: I don't even know why you're trying. Like, I'm here, You've got me, okay, you know, you got me knocked up, like I can't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's really not the reason, but okay.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to keep it still fun on the podcast. We can't just talk about like amazing moments of being a new Moment's episode back.
Speaker 2: People want to know about it.
Speaker 3: I think this episode, I think the second episode, we're gonna move on to other things and guests again, but I.
Speaker 1: Want to be cheesy and tell you I want to be with you forever because I think you're the best man I know.
Speaker 3: Baby, Listen, First of all, I love you, and honestly, we are fun and we are cool as fuck, I think, at least in my own mind, and we have fun together.
Speaker 2: And honestly, I like.
Speaker 3: Doing this podcast with you because it's something that we do together and sometimes it's emotional and heavy, and sometimes it's light and fun, and I hope more so it's light and fun for people because we like to laugh at ourselves a lot. But this was your moment. I just wanted your Obviously, this podcast is most of your fans, and I want them. I want to really wanted you this episode, and I think you did a great job of letting people know what what it was like for you, because you didn't get a chance to show that to anybody because it was your own personal thing and you were very adam adamant about going through that. So I just I think it was important this podcast for you to share that journey, which I think you shared really really well and was very moving, because it is a beautiful thing to be part of and I just want to say, so my first question and i'm myself that's right.
Speaker 1: We're playing a trivia game or not a trivia game.
Speaker 3: The trivia game, but not a trivia So the game is called a trivia game, not a trivia game.
Speaker 2: So remember that too.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: Okay. So the second question that trivia not a trivia.
Speaker 3: Game, is the one thing in the last three weeks since Ocean has been here that you didn't weren't prepared for. Was there anything you weren't prepared for that maybe you thought or was completely different, or anything that's just something that they didn't tell you about. You know that you only could experience as being a first time mom. Anything that stands out.
Speaker 1: I think it would be like the gosh, there's so many things that people tell you to prepare for it, and you're like, I'll be fine, Like when they tell you your baby's gonna scream at the top of her lungs. Yeah, and it could be any of these reasons, and you're like, oh, we're bonded, I'm sure I'll figure it out. And it's like, Okay, I've literally changed all the diapers that you seventy six times on both tits, you know, like tried all the bankies. What the fuck is happening to you?
Speaker 2: I tell you, mothers, it's not easy. It's you guys are our heroes.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it would be, is just like all of those the crying, which is like okay, normal, but when you don't know why your baby's screaming, you know, and then it's like, oh, it could just be like tummy issues and you're like, well, how do I get that to go away?
Speaker 2: Can't you know? That's amazing? That's a good answer, Okay.
Speaker 3: And the last question of the trivia not trivia game is what is the one thing you want Ocean to know about her mother? When she was in your stomach? What's the one thing you want her to rim for you.
Speaker 2: To be able to tell her.
Speaker 1: I wish that it could be like some profound thing that I could tell her that I was thinking or telling her, But it would just be like how much I love her. He took a video the other day, and I was thinking about when she's older, and I get it where if she's acting a certain way, it's going to be like I love you so much? How could you be mean right now? Like you don't get how much I love you. And I know that's going to happen, you know, when she gets into the And I don't even want to think about it, but I do think about it because I love inflicting emotional pain onto myself. I don't know why, but that's what it would be, is like, you don't understand how much I love you. The second I found out, it was like, you're my baby, but you.
Speaker 2: Know how lucky. You know how lucky you are. Though.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about the other day, and people don't know this about law, but I suggested because when the minute you got pregnant, you were so in love just being pregnant. And I said, I love watching this connection you had and how beautiful it was. And I made a suggestion to you and you really owned it. And wow, is Ocean going to be lucky when she's old enough to read tell tell people what you did.
Speaker 1: I kept a journal that was basically, you know, not really a journal for myself of what I went through, but like basically letters to Ocean in a book that when she is when I feel like it's that time, she can read back on when I was pregnant with her, I tell her about my day, so she can literally look at what week I was at in my pregnancy and be like, oh, that's what my mom did today.
Speaker 2: So I told her, I said, Babe, I think because she was that.
Speaker 1: Was the best thing you could have told me to do too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was so emotional and she had so much to say. Lawa had so much to share, and she was like filled with emotion, like I think all expecting mothers are.
Speaker 2: But I said to her, I said, you know.
Speaker 3: You're such a great writer and you love sharing your thoughts in writing. Why don't you just put a book next to your bed and write down whatever you feel like writing.
Speaker 2: It doesn't be every day, it could be whenever you feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now that book is filled with I haven't even read it because she hasn't even shown me. And I'm so excited for her one day to give that to Ocean because it's probably going to mean the world to her.
Speaker 2: So that's really cool.
Speaker 1: I'm super excited about it. Yeah, it's really She's gonna have to be a little older though, because I like talk to her about like what great AA meetings I had attended for the week.
Speaker 3: All Right, she might have to wait till but anyway, she eventually she'll have this book and she'll be able to say, my mom wrote this why I was in her stomach, and I think it's really beautiful. So I'm really proud that you did that because I know you had a lot of shitty days, like all pregnant mothers Avenue had a lot of beautiful days. And the fact that you were consistent for all that time to write the stories.
Speaker 1: When you hear about women that have been trying to get pregnant for a really long time, though, it's almost like, how can I really complain about now? You know, it's like, yes, it's a real thing, and I don't want to be that type of person that's like my mom is this way where I'm like, like, I'll be complaining and my mom will say something like will just be thankful because at least this is not going on for you or like whatever. You know. But when you hear women who have been trying for five years and beyond even I mean even you go a year and you're like, what's wrong with my body? Where you think that you just can get pregnant really quickly because that's what your body's meant to do. And it's it's actually not that easy.
Speaker 3: And I know that we talked about that with women who struggle to get pregnant or you know, all the things that a woman goes through and and you know, it's my heart goes out and I'm tim, I'm sure you agree that a woman, you know, trying to have a baby or having a baby, that is a miracle of life, all of it.
Speaker 2: And you know, I don't I couldn't even imagine.
Speaker 1: Well, you also don't realize all the things that can go wrong, Like when I was had, when we were having issues with her weight and he's like her her leg bone, I'm like, I didn't even think about what her leg bones would be doing, you know.
Speaker 3: But I mean we had we had I mean you didn't really share with everybody because you know, it was obviously private and you share a little bit, but you know, you and I definitely there was a solid I would say three or three months, maybe four or where we were going to a lot of doctors, a lot of testing, or we were really didn't know. And I think in the end they gave us a lot of confidence to say that we were okay, that we are going to be okay.
Speaker 2: They believe.
Speaker 3: But again, you know, if you start out the way we started out, I don't think we ever felt we were okay, and we just pray to God that God would take care of our baby and give us a healthy child, and that's all we can ask for it.
Speaker 2: But it was, you know, it was.
Speaker 3: I think everybody has their own experience with trying to get pregnant and being pregnant, and everybody's.
Speaker 2: Journey is different.
Speaker 1: I know. I love like seeing comments on my Instagram now because it used to be like a lot of just like stupid things that like really, who gives a damn? Now I have moms like it's become a full oh yeah, My Instagram is full mom mode and I love it. I'm like, this is so positive. Best time on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Now, that's awesome. Look at the pluses, a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Fucking turbo mom's killing it right, you know. And now I'll see women at like the grove and they're like changing their babies on their laps, you know, like these one year old and the one year old's freaking the fuck out and the mom is just champion with freaking Kylie Jenner nails. I'm like, oh you are Badassah.
Speaker 2: People really know, people really know.
Speaker 3: That we have had a baby. Specifically, you have had a baby. I did not have the baby you did. But I was even even at the even at the pickleball tournament the other day, I was walking off the court to another court and two women came right up to me and they said congratulations.
Speaker 2: I was like, meeting on my wind that I.
Speaker 3: Just had two soons ago, and they said, no, congratulations on your new baby.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god, that's so sweet.
Speaker 3: And I mean, so now in the pickleball world, they're coming up congratulating me for our babies.
Speaker 2: So I think it's it's great and it was very sweet.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that is sweet.
Speaker 3: I told you I have like eight to twelve fans, and two of them are in picklep all the.
Speaker 1: Other that's all you need. It's the quality, not quantity.
Speaker 2: I agree. I'm good with you. Anyway, this has been a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I have to tell you, baby that I am really happy that we're doing this again because it's fun for us to do it together. And I hope that people come back and listen. We are We signed a multi year contract, so.
Speaker 2: We will be around now.
Speaker 3: For a while, and we're obviously never miss a week, and we have a lot of great guests that we have backlog lined up for our show over the next couple of months. Yes, and we're excited to share them with you and and just let you get to know us the new version.
Speaker 1: Yeahl La two point zero. I was going to say that, I hope I'm still cool.
Speaker 2: You are the coolest, baddest my horn. I need it so bad, baby, you are unicorn.
Speaker 1: When you walk into Chase Bank with not even a push a braun, but with your fucking nursing braun, it really hits your ego pretty hard. You're like, wow, that really did humble my eyes.
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta say I'm excited to be back, and I'm really proud of you, and I love you, and I love Ocean and you are an incredible woman.
Speaker 2: And that's all I can say.
Speaker 1: I love you too, and Producer Tim, are you excited to be back?
Speaker 2: I am stoked?
Speaker 1: Sweet, I love it all right, y'all. We love you so much. Thank you for being patient with our comeback. But we back now, so we'll catch you next week.