Speaker 1: Well, it took ninety seven games those fans, But the Oriols have their first four game winning streak of the season.
Speaker 2: But typical of the place succeedment.
Speaker 1: With really bad news, the hit by pitch of Blaze Alexander from Lucas Ersag in the seventh inning. The bench is empty. Nothing really happened except they suffered a broken left hand, a non displaced fracture of the left hand. He's going to miss significant time. The Oriols have not told us how much. We can only speculate. This could be weeks, this could be a month or two. And Tim, let's start with you, because you were, you know, remnant, remembering that Jordan Westburg had a similar issue in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it happened the day after the trade deadline July thirty first, twenty twenty four. He suffered a right hand racture. Similar situation that Blaze Alexander got hit while batting and he didn't end up returning until September twenty second. And Jordan Westburg, we know how important he is to this Orioles team, going back to that point. But Blaze Alexander, guys, this is a pretty brutal blow considering the fact that he is leading all of baseball still in batting average since May first, but even more so, Brad, he's leading all of baseball with batting average with runners in scoring position since May first as well. This has been such an integral part of this team, one of, if not their biggest pleasant surprises of the year. And to lose him for an extended period of time right as you're building momentum, oh man, just a big, big blow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: And they finally got over the hump of the three game winning streak, finally got that fourth game in a row. You know, you're going into the All Star Break excited, ready to These guys probably want to be back to it being Friday already as much as they want the time off. When you're on a roll like this, you want to keep going. And unfortunately it's just going to be some upsetting news in the clubhouse. Guys are going to be rushing out, going home, getting on their flights and stuff like that. But it's a big blow. I think he gives some of the best at bats in this entire lineup, uses all the fields.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna have the home runs of you know, Pete.
Speaker 5: Alonzo Gunner and those guys, but he keeps the lineup rolling after it. They've been kind of sliding him up. Today he was hitting in the six spot behind Basio and it's an integral part of this lineup that's gone. It's a guy that puts the ball in play, and like you said, with the runners and scoring position, he's just been so good since the beginning of May.
Speaker 4: This hurts.
Speaker 5: So it's going to be the next guy up again. Unfortunately, We've we've talked about this multiple times this year. In this first half. It's these injuries are just killing this team. But it's they're hot right now. You just got to hope somebody can step up and just kind of, you know, keep the boat to float until he's able to come back hopefully healthy. And I think for him it's upsetting just because I think it's a career year for him across the board offensively, and it's it's career at bats, it's urbis, it's base it. I mean, it's across the board, he's having his best year and now he's gonna be looking at probably six weeks on the shelf. Like you said, we're speculating on that, but it's it's a big blow, and it's unfortunate going into the All Star break having this kind of news hit them.
Speaker 1: So do you guys think when he was hit by the pitch his reaction was as much about feeling this is something significant, But it seemed like he was upset at the pitcher At the same time.
Speaker 2: He said something to Ersag.
Speaker 1: Ersag said something back, and the mass and cameras were kind of guys who were eating his lips, saying, I'm just pitching, you know, In other words, I'm just so.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to throw inside or whatever, and of course.
Speaker 1: It went high and high and in and and got his left hand, not his throwing hand, but bad enough because you can't play with a non displaced fracture in either hand. And so initially his reaction, what do you.
Speaker 4: Think, Yeah, I think it was just he was mad. I think I think he felt it right away. I think it's just one of those things.
Speaker 5: As a hitter, they don't want to get hit, period, but when you get hit on your hand, you're pretty pissed.
Speaker 4: You gotta throw.
Speaker 5: I mean, I always had a hard time wondering how guys miss so high and tight on guys, if you're trying to throw a purpose pitch, throw it on the plate or just up. You don't have to throw it in off the plate towards a guy's face hand like upper shoulder area. I always felt like, if you're trying to go there for purpose, throw a little bit off the plate, but not inside the chalk. And it's just Hitters get frustrated when you when you do that, especially when you get hit where he got hit. And I thought when I saw it initially, Blaze's I mean, he's an excited player, but his reaction told me that he felt something immediately and he was just his initial reaction was he was pissed and he got hit, and obviously I think he felt something. I could just see as the reaction went further along that he was really kind of bathing his left hand and not using it to pick up his helmet. Then when he got the first base, it almost looked like there was a cut on his hand, and I could just tell he wasn't in a good spot. So I think it was just initial reaction of that hurt. And I think I might actually be hurt from that pitch.
Speaker 6: Curid.
Speaker 3: It's just the frustration of everything, guys, because at that point, the O's had already blown this game open. The game felt pretty secure. You're about to have your first four game winning streak, you're heading into the All Star Game. But then it's what Brad was just saying. This is a career year for Blaze Alexander and and for the first time in his big league career, he's an everyday player.
Speaker 6: You know, he wasn't that with the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: They Orioles acquired him, trading Kate Stroud among others. And at the beginning of the year, you know, he was seen as this utility guy. But he has really carved out a role in this ball club and he's just so much fun to watch. You know, a guy with high energy, a little bit of a cockiness to him, which you like as well, you know, you like on your team. And it sucks, man, it really sucks. And I'm sure he just felt a ton of emotion in that moment.
Speaker 1: Let's remind the viewers right now, very soon, we've got a mail bag show coming, maybe sooner than you think, and we're looking for your questions here via the YouTube comments. You can go to Birdland Territory on Twitter You can write to our individual Twitter accounts, to Steve and Tim on our individual Twitter accounts. For those that follow us, a lot of ways to get to us. Send in some questions. We're going to do retire show answering your questions about the trade deadline, anything else you're thinking about with the Orioles. Get them here, get them in quick, and we'll have a mailbak show coming very soon. There is a player on the Oriols forty man roster they could call now, and he's got major league time. His name is Christian and Carnacion Strand. He's playing the Major leagues with the Reds. He is on the forty man. He is, oh by the way, a third baseman who also dabbles at first base, corner infield, and oh by the way between two Triple A teams this year. His ops is eight forty eight and he's hit nine teen home runs. He has hit twenty one homers in four hundred and sixty eight career Major league at bats for the Reds. He's got some pop. I haven't seen him yet, but he just keeps rolling along, playing well. I think he's active and healthy as far as I know, and I'm just speculating. We don't know anything about what move they're gonna make. We do know this, Theos have time with the break now. It could even be a trade. I mean, they could make a deal between now and Friday to add someone.
Speaker 6: I think it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be interesting just how they're going to fill this spread, because I would be surprised at this point if they're just gonna roll with Kobe Mayo. I think they feel comfortable in his role at this point. Look, he mashes left handed pitching, that is abundantly clear, but he struggles against right handed pitching. So I think they need to bring in someone just to scrape it together. Maybe you can have a platoon situation out at third base, but I think it's abundantly clear they need to make a move at this point. I don't think you can just throw the US all on Kobe Mayo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely. I like like Steve kind of art.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe it is a true who knows, Maybe it's some kind of minor trade where somebody stuck in triple A behind somebody and they just make a minor move here before the deadline.
Speaker 4: I don't really know.
Speaker 5: But to me, the value of Blazer is that you can move them all over the place, and I don't know if the guys they have in the minor leagues can do that, and that's where you lose value with him going down. Also, if you need to get Gunner off his feet for one game, Blaze was very able to step in a shortstop as well. You can play second base. We've seen it in the outfield. So it's it's a it's a multiple kind of thing that you're going to try to have to replace here. Yes, you have the four days, but it's kind of looking at your rosters and I just don't know if they have that guy anywhere in their system right now.
Speaker 4: So it's just an unfortunate situation.
Speaker 5: But I'm sure, you know, they always have emergency plans on their on their minds and everything, so I'm sure they'll come up with an idea. But yeah, I agree with to him with you, you got to find somebody who can hit right hand and pitching at their base. I don't know if Kobe Mayo is at that point right now to play every day, but they're gonna have to figure something out here fairly soon.
Speaker 1: Let's tip our cap to Blaze. Alexander. What addition he has been. Three twelve is padding average. We don't see three hundred in the big leagues much anymore. Eight oh seven is his ops. As you guys said, versatility is there beyond that. He is energy in that clubhouse. I'm telling you you feel his energy at four o'clock when you're in there, and I know they darn well feel it at seven. And when those guys get to where they're going tonight, everybody's scattering for the break. They're gonna sit down and they're all gonna say, damn, I cannot believe we lost the energy on this team.
Speaker 3: That And I'm telling you and someone that can come through in big time moments. Guys, his batting average with runners and scoring positions since May first is four sixty two. Those are video game numbers. You can't even do that in MLB. The show like this is a big time player for them, and like Brad said, this isn't just a third basement. We've seen him play in the outfit. We've seen him play every single position pretty much this season. Besides him putting the catcher's equipment on seemingly it's just he also just seems like such a great teammate as well, and guys that you know really rally behind and like play him with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's he's a gamer without a doubt. You can see that. I don't have to be in the clubhouse to know. I watched on the TV and you can just tell when he does something, they're all excited. Everybody gets excited for when guys do well. There's guys that everyone gets excited for, and he's one of those guys on this team. It's very easy to see and it comes across on the TV just watching it when we watch the games.
Speaker 1: Also, this is a guy that when reporters go up to interview him and you walk away, he shakes, He grabs your hand to shake it. He just as just as a polite and available and engaging guy as has maybe ever been in there. And that's a long list of guys we could put there, and so my heart breaks for him, But I think we're gonna see him again and the team has to pick up the slack. Who would have thought we'd be talking about like the NBO that's what he feels like. It feels like the most valuable player on this team, which if they had to take that vote today, he'd be on a lot of pallets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well just think of all the names. Guys like Brandon Young would be way up that list as well. And we were talking about this on the show on the Fan last week, like when you think a Gunner Henderson and how far behind he'd be, you know, like a Brandon Young, a Blaze, Alexander As, Samuel Bissio and and all these There's been so many great surprises on this team, and I think that's what's so frustrating Leodi Taveras today. I know he hadn't had an RBI in a while, but three big RBIs how big was he in the month of April? Jeremiah Jackson drove in a run? How big was he in the month of April. They've had so many of these cool stories, but Blaze being at the top.
Speaker 1: I want to touch on a lot of things in this show Go Anywhere. If you're watching Why the Ools won four in a row?
Speaker 2: What went right?
Speaker 1: We're gonna touch on that their offense came to life in this series. The attendance was really good this weekend for two teams with losing records, and I think we should note that, and we will, And what are the Ools need to do coming out of the break, big road trip to Houston and Boston.
Speaker 2: We're going to touch on that too.
Speaker 1: A lot to do as we roll on today here on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 3: We are at the All Star break and are you thinking of driving up to Philly for the Home Run Derby or the All Star Game on Tuesday. Well, if you are, make sure you buy your tickets to the game on sea Geek. With over thirty five million downloads, seageek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on sea geek, including concerts, sports festivals, and more. World Cup is ongoing, NFL college football seasons will be here before you know, and we're about to be in the unofficial second half of MLB season. I love using seat geek. I even used it today. I wouldn't lie to you I did. I used it at the Futures game in Philly and we got an unbelievable deal on four tickets. And sea geek they had my back. They'll have your back too. Each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten. See you know you're getting a good deal. Look for the green dots. Green is good, Red is bad, stay away from red plus. Every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. And of course we have a code for you guys. You can use Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off any MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 6: Thank you Sea Geek.
Speaker 1: Well, Tim, we got to get to that that you were as I push some buttons here as you were at the game today in Philadelphia and then you came back to Baltimore area so we could tape our show. So for the Oriols today, ike Iris show. For one, he had a strikeout.
Speaker 2: On a walk.
Speaker 1: We did not see the lefty Jerwan until the last inning. He got one bat or two pitches he got him out. So not big big day for oriole prospects. But what was it like being at the futures game today?
Speaker 6: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: That was my first time I've ever gone to the futures game. My dad he went to the futures game, I believe back in twenty nineteen when DC hosted the All Star Game. That was my first time at the Phillies Ballpark. What an awesome ballpark. And then they got this new little complex open up because obviously all.
Speaker 6: Three of their stadium's arenas are there. But there's this sort.
Speaker 3: Of battery light with the Braves have going on with all these outdoor bars and restaurants, and it was really neat.
Speaker 6: But the game itself really cool. Adam Jones was there.
Speaker 3: He was a part of the American League coaching staff and he got an standing oh as did Jurua and Ike Irish when they got introduced. But it's really cool, man Like. It's been an event that Orioles fans in particular have kept an eye on over the years just because gosh, their farm system was so loaded for so long, and you'd see so many of these guys in this Futures Game.
Speaker 6: But it was awesome to be there. It was definitely, really really cool.
Speaker 1: Here's my twenty second editorial and I'll move on. I don't think Major League Baseball is doing right by its young miller. The Futures Game needs a.
Speaker 2: Standalone own night itself.
Speaker 1: This is the store building them the stars of the future, so where they're playing while the Draft is going on and MLB games. I had needed six TVs in here today to try to follow and track everything going on, updating my Twitter and my substack, the Twitter, the Futures game, the Draft, and the Orioles. Other than that, quiet, why can't we give these kids some more of a bigger form.
Speaker 2: That's just my which went longer than that.
Speaker 3: I know I'm gonna piggyback off that for a second, Steve, because you're so right, and there were so many things that MLB could do better, and this just seems like a layup right the All Star week outside of the home run derby and the game, of course, it's the most dead week on the sports calendar all year long. There's no games, there's nothing on Wednesday and Thursday. Have it during one of those days. Have the draft on during one of those days. We had our buddy Jim Kallis on a couple of weeks ago, and we loved Jim and got it with such a fun episode. And you haven't watched it, You one hundred percent should go back and watch it. But when Jim was trying to explain, all right, it's this channel for the first ten picks and then it's this app for the.
Speaker 2: Next It's what I think.
Speaker 6: It's complicated, man, just having it one spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy, you know sometimes less you know.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the draft. They do ten rounds today with the analyst Alison. Those guys are doing a great job.
Speaker 2: Then you're gone.
Speaker 1: They're not there for eleven through twenty, and they wait an hour so they get your love. I don't know who drew this up, but they might have been an happy hour when they put it on an actor or something, and they need dating to work on this. MLB could be doing better by its too talent than what they're doing right now. We digress back to Birdland, where the Oils have won four in a row.
Speaker 2: This is the rocky road they've been on.
Speaker 1: They won three in a row, they lost three in a row, they won four in a row. So they're seven and three in July. They're giving some hope here. I know Oriil fans are saying, you suck me back in again. I'll be watching Friday Night now and they're two outs in this wild card behind a couple teams. I've asked this question a dozen times of you guys will ask it again, Are they finally getting this thing going?
Speaker 5: I honestly feel this might be the first time they I feel like they actually might be gaining some momentimum might be able to carry. I say that because the offense is doing what we kind of had thought and hoped that they would do. They're hitting home runs, the starting pitching has been consistent, and it just feels different. This weekend felt different than the previous three game win streaks. And I don't know what it was, And even Ben McDonald today was talking about it on the broadcast. It just the park felt different and the team's energy just seemed different. I can't put my finger on exactly what it was, but it just felt like a different weekend.
Speaker 4: He said. Maybe the Royals had something to do with it.
Speaker 5: The record was not as good, but still a win is a win, and four wins in a row and the major leagues is still good. And they finally got off of that two team list that they were stuck on. The only two teams left to not have a four game win streak, So going into the also break, this is really all you could ask for. They had four games left to go, they won all four of them, and they have some momentum going whether coming out of the four day break is tough because everyone kind of resets, so you're coming out facing everybody's a game from the beginning. You have your best starters and all your relievers rested, and it's a different feel the first couple games out of the break. But they have a momentum and hopefully when they come in on front, they can just continue what they did this weekend because that was complete baseball, and that's what I think the fans expected when this season started.
Speaker 6: That's the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could certainly make the case that this was their most complete series that they've had in quite some time. I believe it's their first series sweep since they swept the Rays late May around Memorial Day.
Speaker 6: Look part of it.
Speaker 3: Like you said, Brad, the Royals are having a really tough year, There's no doubt about it, and their pitching just has not been up the snuff. The lineup, but the Orioles they took advantage, and they took advantage of the Royals mistakes, especially today. Gunner Henderson three hits today, He's hitting a ball hard. I know that hasn't always resulted in the best of luck. Even over these past couple of days, he's looked a little bit different.
Speaker 6: I'm not ready to say they're back yet. I think that you know.
Speaker 3: We've seen this so many times, guys, but Steve just flashed up the schedule and look at the next four series. I think the next four series are really going to determine how mich Elias is going to approach this deadline. So it's at Houston, at Boston, two teams that are ahead of you and the wildcard race. The Braves come to town and obviously the Braves are having a great, great season, and then you head to Detroit to take on the Tigers, and the Tigers are right around the Orioles. I think they're a game behind them in the wildcard standing. So three of your next four series, which by the way, three of those four against the American League teams fighting for wildcard, all on the road, where the Orioles have struggled this year. If they're able to start stacking some series wins there and gaining some ground on some teams, then I can really buy in. But this is a great run into the All Star break. It's a run that they absolutely needed. And Hey, even just looking at the homestand as a whole four and two homestand if you would have told Orioles fans that heading into this six game home stand, you go four and two heading into the break, everyone would have taken it.
Speaker 2: Now they need a four and two road trip coming out and break. Win at Houston, win at Boston.
Speaker 1: If they can do that, they'll get more believers than they have at this minute. They'll cut more games under five hundred, and they may even get closer than two games to the wild card. They might be right there on the doorstep. This season is salvageable because the American League opponents are making it that way. For the Orioles, they just keep giving them chance after chance after chance, and maybe this is the time they're actually going to take it and run with it. There was a lot of folks in the stands this weekend. We want to touch on that coming up next on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 7: Hey, for the families out there looking for a different path to help your child succeed at home, looking to K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in K through twelve all in a setting that works for your family. Top fither you've done the homeschooling thing in the past, I know you liked it.
Speaker 8: Yeah I did. I liked it a lot. All my kids have done it before. It's an opportunity for them to stay at home and enjoy school just as much. They learn a lot. And this is an opportunity for families that are on the go too as well. They have to understand, listen, can't be at a regular school at all times. I need my child to be doing this, whether it's an athletic career or whatever stature they are at. And we loved every second of it, and I think it is an easy opportunity for some children.
Speaker 7: See how K twelve Pirate schools can help unlock your child's full potential. Enroll today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 1: The three game attendance Orioles Royals at the Yard this weekend was eighty seven thousand and three six, about twenty nine per game. They were promotions. There was the drone show after the game Saturday night, which looked great highlights. I saw there to see it in person. But I'm not selling this as anything at all, except there are two things that draw on right now, Birdland promotions and weekends. You get those two together. The Yankees don't have to be there for fans to come in the stands. This weekend shows that the Royals have one of the worst records in baseball, but it was still nice to be the see and you guys have already referred to the energy. The players have noted it. Ben McDonald noted it, and it makes a difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big time. I mean, there's a reason why they have home field advantage.
Speaker 5: And when the when there's nothing like kam the Yards, when it's packed and there's there's people in the stands, doesn't matter your record. Like you said, it doesn't matter who you're playing, doesn't matter where the Orioles record. It's a great place to be. It's a It makes the atmosphere electric. The noise is so loud when you when something big happens, it sounds like a gunshot went off.
Speaker 4: When when it's when it's packed like that.
Speaker 5: It was always my favorite when a Friday, Saturday Sunday series came in and you had, you know, just just energy in the stands. It just makes the game that much more exciting and the players are more into it, and it's it's awesome having the fans behind you, and it gives you that little extraute boost when you need it, and that's when the Orioles needed it this weekend and they really got it. I think the fans really helped provide that for them and.
Speaker 4: Kind of get them over that home.
Speaker 5: Maybe they'll run off ten games in a row now that they got past the three mark here.
Speaker 4: You just never know.
Speaker 5: So that was it was cool to see that many people in the stands and you could tell the players reacted to it.
Speaker 4: So it was it was a great weekend all around.
Speaker 6: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's awesome when Camden Yards is packed, and obviously the Orioles just have such great fans, but also a lot of cool moments, man like Samuel Bissio with the go ahead, two run homer.
Speaker 6: On Friday, throwing the bat like that was awesome.
Speaker 3: And Saturday, I think Craig Albernaz was saying in his postgame presser he was, man, this was the most energy, the most juice. This uh fans the stadium has had since opening day, and and I.
Speaker 6: Thought that that was telling.
Speaker 3: You know that the the players definitely recognized it. Craig Alberna has definitely recognized it. I do want to give one shout out though. One of the highlights of the weekend. Guys, I'm sure you saw it on masson the one hundred three year old World War two vet who did the anthem on Saturday?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Like that was the coolest thing ever?
Speaker 6: One hundred three is standing up getting into it. I thought that was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The oil's honor military every night, every home again eighty one he won this year there will be a military honoree and that's awesome. His poor movie, very very exciting for the fans. A couple quick notes from the game today. Leonti Taveres hit one four forty eight, Oh, by the way, furthest of his career. Second farthest bine oil. Kobe Mayo hit one four point fifty two in April at KC. And how about this note, Pete Alonzo sixty fifth rbi today, the most fine oil at the break since Manny.
Speaker 2: Machado in twenty eighteen. That snuck up as fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this guy's just been mister dependable ever since the first few weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's like an avalanche.
Speaker 5: It's not like it's just a snowball that just keeps going and you don't realize it at the time when you're watching series by series or month by month, but also you look up and like I said back in April, I think, like playing with him, the numbers are going to be there. You just know what to expect when this guy's on the field, and he might go through stretches. I mean all power hitters go through those stretches where they might not seem like they're driving runs or this or that, but he picks up his runs as it goes along. And I mean he's at twenty something home runs too, which doesn't seem like he's hit that many too also, but it's just the numbers are there. Somehow over time they got there. But it's impressive. Sixty five before the break the most since Manny in twenty eighteen is not a small number. It means he's going to get close to one hundred if he doesn't get past it.
Speaker 4: So that's great to see.
Speaker 3: And Pete, you can you do the same split that you do with Blaze Alexander. Since May first guys, heading into today, Pete Alonso had fifty one RBIs second most in all of baseball, second most, and his ops over nine hundred those first couple of weeks of the season, and thinking that presser, meet him, meet with the media after that Giants game coming up short, you know how emotional he was.
Speaker 4: I feel like that was the.
Speaker 3: Turnaround for him. Ever since then, he's just been on a tarror. He's been Pete Alonzo.
Speaker 2: We come back.
Speaker 1: I want to give one more note on Pete hat tip, although I'm not wearing one currently, and one more note on the Oriel Bullpen sneaking up one of some of these stats in a minute here on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 9: Big Bad Morning Show Vinnie and Haiti Inside Access Live on YouTube weekdays six till six, search Baltimore one O five seven the Fan, Subscribe for daily shorts right to your phone, and never missed what you missed one O five seven the Fan.
Speaker 1: So this will mean much to people outside of the media, but if you're in the oil club ass as much as I am. On Friday, Pete Alonzo had six consecutive reporters, radio, television, print approach him consecutively, taking up about half the time of the clubhouse was open, and he had time for everybody who came up to him. People from Kansas City, people from Baltimore, people from outside both cities. They just kept hitting this guy up for interviews. And I almost wanted to go over, and I'm like, I'm not going to right now. The guy's been talking to guys for a half hour. I could give him a break, and so I just I just say thank you for that. As a media guy, though, that's above and beyond the call, you almost feel like you want to go up to your media partners and go, can we give this guy's been talking to people for an hour here and you let him be ready for the game. But they kept coming and he kept greeting them so tremendous. I mean, for media guy, that's all you ask. And he's the biggest name in there, and he has time for everybody. You're a bullpen guys eight and two thirds scoreless this weekend. The last eleven games are two forty eight. Here they go again, getting some things together at a time the team really needs it. The pitching by the way, during the four game win streak, gave up eight runs, seven earned, and five walks thirty two strikeouts.
Speaker 2: So them, some things really came together.
Speaker 1: Yes, against a bad team, but don't forget they beat the Dodgers and the Yankees and the Rains too. They're showing us what they could be. They've given hope for the All Star Break.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. I mean that's all you can ask for. It's it's like I said, this series kind of had a little bit of everything. You have, bullpen, pitching, starting pitching, hitting, It all kind of came together. This is this is the pieces that we've seen at times and they just haven't lined up. You just got to hope that now's the time it lines up. And like we said, they're facing Houston and Boston, two teams that are ahead of them here in the Wildcard. It's huge series right after the break, and it's it's it's gonna show whether like we had a show about last week the trade deadline. This this is I know we've mentioned it for a couple weeks now, but it's it's it's now or ever. It's if you get swept by Houston that puts you three games behind them, worse ahead of them, and the Red Sox right now have one nine in a row. So it's like it's just everybody's kind of finding their stride and the Orioles are finding it maybe with them, so it's it's it could be a battle here, and thankfully the standings haven't gotten away from them and they're still in it statistically in the standing, so it's it's an exciting time and it's great to have all three phases kind of going to the same time, which we have not seen yet this year.
Speaker 3: I think that what's even more impressive about the Bullpen guys is the fact that Ryan Hellslan, Keegan Ake and have both been sidelined for quite some time. And Aken it doesn't sound great. I know he got the second opinion on his elbow. I know Hellsley he got a better prognosis over the weekend. It sounds like he's gonna be out for a while, but maybe avoids Tommy John surgery. But the Bullpens showing up big even though they were undermanned, I think that that's even more impressive.
Speaker 1: Good note to end the last show of the first half, but we have a lot more coming up. Including this week. During the break, we won't be going anywhere. Even while MLB takes a few days off, we'll still have shows coming your way. So the Birds are forty six and fifty one. That's show you how such a fine line it is. You come out of the break of two and four, that's a buzzkill. You go four and two. Now you're charging towards something that little difference in a game or two. Big week coming up at Houston and Boston, and we'll be here to talk about all of it. Keep subscribing, keep following us, and send the questions in for our upcoming show with the mail bag, and we'll talk to you soon again on the Birdland Territory.