Speaker 1: O Willian Now, happy last day of twenty twenty four. All I can say is it was a year. A year happened.
Speaker 2: How many years was this year? This year was like four years had to be.
Speaker 1: I used to have so much more thoughts on, like was this a good year or is this a bad year? I'm just in the gray area of all that. Now a year happens and I'm here.
Speaker 2: And a lot has happened in this year that made it feel like great things, bad things a few years, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, it was a fucking year.
Speaker 2: This is December thirty first, twenty twenty four four.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes, according to Twitter, ten years ago twenty twenty five, women will be having sex with robots. So we have one more day where you can get some pussy because we will be replaced in the morning. Okay, so I'm excited to see where that goes. Also, every baby being born tomorrow will be part of jen Beta.
Speaker 2: What a what a pussy fucking name?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Imagine being part of Generation Beta.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five is beta?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, a bunch of beta days?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean litten, I'll look forward to it. Man, this year was definitely a year of at.
Speaker 1: Least at least my generation is named after a great tour.
Speaker 2: See what just that fast? What do you mean just turned everything off?
Speaker 1: You're part of the generation too, am i?
Speaker 3: Yea?
Speaker 1: Y'all keep telling me that you're a millennial?
Speaker 3: What's sor? Right?
Speaker 4: Barely?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ata is crazy? Thank god? Tomar is not beta?
Speaker 3: What is tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Big alpha dog?
Speaker 1: I think I assume if it's beta, it was alpha before, right, I know, I Greek alphabet that changed though.
Speaker 4: I think like fifteen ten or fifteen.
Speaker 1: No, because millennials are like eighty one to ninety three or somewhere like that, ninety sixty.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, that's why I don't think mal is a millennial.
Speaker 2: He's an ares He's not that either. What why am I not a millennial? Whatever?
Speaker 1: The moon's in the stars, they change it. We've been through this before. But I just think it's funny that people are gonna be called generation Beta. They're never gonna at the end of that, especially from our generation. Yeah, so good luck with that.
Speaker 3: You bea babies.
Speaker 4: It is like it's like fifteen years because millennials are not eighty one to ninety six.
Speaker 1: That feels like, oh yeah, I guess that's fifteen years exactly.
Speaker 4: Uh, gen Z was ninety seven to twenty ten and then yes she's outpha tw twenty four.
Speaker 2: So why are you, well, baby d why you said you feel like I'm not millennial?
Speaker 4: Because you're you're a bit like I was making this joke, but like, yeah, you're like beard, like you're scratching. You were almost gen X. He birthed us by like seven, by like eleven months. You were almost gen X.
Speaker 1: So you can't really say anything bad about millennials because you really were our leader. You started this millennial shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a millennial longer than you were.
Speaker 4: You were very much longer than I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so put some respect when I walk out the house, But.
Speaker 1: Don't shit on the younger millennial.
Speaker 2: Mall matter of fact, Homi millennial, mall from that one. That's what you're gonna do, Comie millennial mall right.
Speaker 4: Nah, you know what I'm saying. But I appreci you're saying that.
Speaker 2: Glad we have a nice.
Speaker 1: That's my bad, right, I should have been calling you eminem my bad.
Speaker 2: I don't even know make it what.
Speaker 1: I just took the two letters eminem. Well, I mean I was a little offended. I mean the group chat was quiet just because it was holidays. People were their family, But no one checked on me when I gifted myself major surgery over the holiday break.
Speaker 3: What surgery did you get?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't under the needle, if you will, I gifted myself p r F F my under eyes. What is pr F demeris that I got boatos. I did not get fucking boatos. So, because I'm exhausted all the time and we're on camera constantly, I thought I would gift myself for the dark circles out of my eyes. It always looks like somebody knocked me the fuck out. This is our career. I went under the needle. Man me and Kim Me and Kim k upper east side. We got the vampire blood all over our faces. We'd sacrifice the child on Christmas Day?
Speaker 3: What is PRF so? What they do?
Speaker 1: Essentially, And I'm not ashamed of it. The woman that did it was incredible, and you know, just small talk of like what do you do, why do you want this?
Speaker 2: Etc.
Speaker 1: And I was like, and I'm I'm on camera, that's part of my life. I have no shame in you know, fixing dark circles under my eyes, and she was like, oh, we can hide it like no personal information. I'm like, I don't give a fuck to tell the world that you took blood from my arm and then injected it to my under art like to make Yeah, they take blood from your arm. It's like an IBBL. It's like an eye fat transfer, but they do it with blood, take it from your arm and put it like right here to get the blood cells rejuvenile. Yeah, and it looks like I probably got punched here.
Speaker 2: But there's three.
Speaker 1: There's three sessions. She said, I wouldn't see any results on the first one. I can already see. I was very pleased with the whole procedure. And I think, men, it's okay for us to do this. I don't think we should feel ashamed. Botox that's a little too far. I think my grandfather would rise out of his f great. It's smacked fire, smacked the botox out my fucking face. But I feel like, with my ego and fragile masculinity, just taking blood from my arm and put in my eye.
Speaker 2: It's not that bad.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that crazy. So you know, I gifted myself.
Speaker 3: You look good, got a.
Speaker 1: Little pamper days.
Speaker 2: Are you going to get the second session?
Speaker 1: There's two more? Three told I got the package deal Christmas Holly. Yeah, actually, and I get fifty dollars off anyone that uh I bring. Yeah, if you guys want to go okay, No, I'm cool. We could swap blood too, like I can put my blood.
Speaker 3: I'm cool. I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I will give you guys my blood. There's nothing in that. I don't want your blood under my eyes.
Speaker 1: No, No, we blood brothers. It would make us family for really this time instead of signing blood under a contract, like, we could actually have blood together in our bodies. Yea, and I could share DNA with pigs and hot.
Speaker 2: I'm cool, but you know you look good. Looking forward to seeing the full results of your new journey, your transition into like beautiful eyes.
Speaker 1: And once again, after Damaris ignored me with me sending my album to her, I sent her a photo of me in the chair saying bad bitch alert loading mm no response nothing.
Speaker 4: He's a liar. I said, are you getting a BBL That's what I said.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 1: It looked like I got two punches directly to my face.
Speaker 2: And she said, you get into bbl in your.
Speaker 4: Face always your eye is always dark and like dreary and hopeless. So I didn't know that's.
Speaker 2: Why I got was dark and dreary. That's why he's That's why he went to get pr F.
Speaker 1: There you go, and the amount of people, like, not even leading up to it, the amount of people that have botox. I had no fucking idea. I don't know that was such a common fucking thing.
Speaker 2: With people going to the dentist. Yeah, which I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I want to get botox too. I'm a start because botox is supposed to be preventative, so I do want to prevent some stuff from happening.
Speaker 3: You want to prevent bad.
Speaker 4: Like wrinkles on my forehead. I have. I laugh a lot because I'm a childish ass person, so I have like prominent smile lines. Nothing that makes me any less beautiful. I'm still gorgeous, but shift that later on in life, Like I don't you know, I'm not aging gracefully. I'm pulling this shit way back, okay, tho, not aging gracefully.
Speaker 1: What was crazy is she was like, Yo, don't if you have to be on camera on Monday. I did this on Friday on the twenty seventh, So if you have to be on camera Monday, your eyes are going to be super swollen, like I hope you know that. I was like, well, I don't have for the rest of the year. I have to record Thursdays and Mondays, no matter what. This is the only time slot I would have, and I could do it three times. Fuck it, I'll go on air. It'll be a funny thing to talk about with my eyes puffy. My skin didn't react to it in that type of way except for the first day, and I didn't mind explaining it to the pod audience that's going to make fun of me rightfully. So it was walking around in my everyday life on Thursday and Friday, We're like walking in to Kia's building with security like, yo.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 1: We gotta see somebody like talking to my because my family was there all the way through Sunday.
Speaker 2: Somebody put hands on you and.
Speaker 1: Was like, yo, what the fuck happened? Everyone was asking me what's going on? That was harder to explain what PRF was than anything. I was like, so why, because like you know, all my family is blue collar, fucking you know, they're working their roadwork. Yeah, like, so wait, you took blood and put it in your eye? For what I was like, because on camera have dark circle. I want I want to use the word that they.
Speaker 2: Said, Oh, I know one of my fas. I should have just said I got knocked out, one of my favorite words.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't have called me that if I got knocked out. Yeah, it would have probably been more manly if I was like, yeah, it's jumped, knocked both my eyes out perfectly in the same spot.
Speaker 2: See Rory got pr f baby d wants to get bolts, and here I am. I got offended that a friend of mine asked me if I died my beard, and I thought that that was completely disrespectful. I mean, but it's yeah, but I would never die my beard.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Also, you're getting older, mall, so they probably think that eventually you would have grays.
Speaker 2: I have grays now. I'm not dying it though, I would never You think I'm gonna go get that coffee mean a.
Speaker 1: Die And there's more than just that, though it doesn't have to just be that that's the shade, just be the Carlos boozer like.
Speaker 2: But that would be the shade I would have to get would like it be like a brownish black type.
Speaker 3: Of like mix.
Speaker 1: Not everything is uh, what's the ship in Jersey that they use?
Speaker 2: Beijing? Beijing? Everything has I'm not saying Beijing. I'm just saying I would never go and buy die and get him in the mirror, brush my beard and like just sit still until it like soaks in and then wrints my face for what to not have gray hairs?
Speaker 1: You start smoking and starts dripping.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing that, like bring on the grays.
Speaker 4: Oh you gotta lay on a bad bitch, bad pillow all dark?
Speaker 1: Does that happen to you?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know, you think I look? No, No, you wouldn't know. No, I would know my pillow would be fucked up.
Speaker 2: The blame it on you, though your mask, carrot.
Speaker 4: I'm not laying next to no nigga that has to dye his beard.
Speaker 3: See all right? See?
Speaker 2: So why was you surprised when I was offended by it?
Speaker 4: Because it's because it is common. I'm hard to please, but it is common. I should use couldn't be like I.
Speaker 2: Just never understood that, Like, why as an older guy, why are you id degrades? Though I was offended.
Speaker 1: Over the holiday break, a woman told me that twenty percent of my beard is gray, and I was actually offended by that, and I started adding up the percentages of what she considered ten percent, like I did a whole graph of my beard. I was like, you're telling me you think twenty percent of this little patch right here, which I don't mind.
Speaker 2: My grades?
Speaker 1: Is my grades?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You think that this is five percent?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I started maybe counting like one by maybe.
Speaker 3: Maybe ten percent, maybe eight. That's like say eight.
Speaker 2: Twenty. I'm not twenty eight twenty is crazy? Yeah, yeah, no, you're not twenty percent grade.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, all right, two, four, six, eight, ten.
Speaker 4: You just proved their point.
Speaker 3: By the way, wait, that's the Matthew did.
Speaker 1: I started counting individual pieces of my beard. That's how petty I was being about it. But now that I just did it that way, yeah, it would be twenty percent exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you got your eyes up, bloody, yes, and hopefully you know you feel better, you feel more luxurious about yourself, and.
Speaker 1: We'll see on the second treatment, maybe my eyes will still be swollen.
Speaker 2: And living on cameras, you're looking beautiful all right, are you usual? I mean that means that means you got to go back to the other two sessions.
Speaker 1: That's and like, no matter how I'm lit at all times, it always looks like I'm punching the face pictures all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, it's all right.
Speaker 5: It's part.
Speaker 1: It's part of the gig, it's.
Speaker 3: Part of Ye's baby. We should be asking you that what you're doing for New Year's Eve?
Speaker 4: I said, what the holes that you asking me where I'm gonna be? As see, that's disrespectful, Not.
Speaker 1: That you're a hole.
Speaker 2: You know what a hole? You like women, so you wouldn't know where they're at for New Year's I.
Speaker 4: Am going to be at home alone alone. No, I'm serious. It's gonna be my first New Year's Eve alone, well technically alone. Alex and her boyfriend are gonna be upstairs and upstairs.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna be by yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm making smoke. I mean, I'm gonna make some collar greens, honey, butter, corn bread, rice and peas for yourself for somebody for yourself, Yeah, and some smother turkey wings.
Speaker 1: Why you choosing this year to be alone?
Speaker 4: There's no other place I would rather be honestly, like, if I like, you know what I'm saying, Like, it would be a force for me to go anywhere else. I just kind of want to be alone.
Speaker 2: No special guy that you want to kiss at midnight.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm so good, guys. One of my New Year's resolutions is all new dick. I don't want anything old. I don't want no old holes. I swear to god.
Speaker 1: I thought I was pushing it with new eyes.
Speaker 4: No, no new penis.
Speaker 3: I thought I was pushing it with a new beerd She's a new dick.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't want no old Okay, this is what I hate when you give friends advice and they ignore it until someone else gives them advice. This is the same shit she was getting mad at me and Deanni about when we were telling her this in the car, Like don't spend the block. Maybe it's time to move on to something completely new instead of the same spind the block you've been doing for five, ten fucking years. Now, all of a sudden, it's she's the chick with the baggage going up the steps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 2: You're not stepping over new Dick, you're stepping on new Dick sitting.
Speaker 4: Spitting. I'm I'm tired of you.
Speaker 2: Wait, you're tired of.
Speaker 3: We don't know what spin?
Speaker 1: Sounds pretty good, though, if you had a strategy for.
Speaker 4: This podcast now listen good.
Speaker 1: What about maybe like valuing new relationships and friendships, getting to know that Dick before This isn't the audience.
Speaker 4: We know who our audience is. But no, I really I had to come to the realization that I have been afraid to step out into new avenues in my life because I don't have the confidence and I'm just I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of failing. So I keep going back to the same thing I watched. Yes, I watched the same I watched the same TV shows because it doesn't give me anxiety. I date the same men because it doesn't give me anxiety because I know what to expect. So there's a comfort zone there, and I want to step out of that. I want to grow.
Speaker 3: I respect that, so sitt and spit.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's that's that's first step in the strategy. I've been getting to know someone that maybe lowers that anxiety and makes you feel wanted and respected.
Speaker 2: Then you spit and sit anxiety. I can tell you once you spit, have anxiety, you feel anxious. You have the least.
Speaker 1: Amount of anxiety of any human being I've ever met. In twenty five I want to be more like your bring, more anxious. But I really think mal actually gets eight hours to sleep every night. I think when Maul closes his eyes, he goes to sleep. You're fucking crazy, that is, to lay down in bed and go and then fall asleep, instead of having your mind race about thirty thousand fucking things and hating yourself and wondering what.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you the secret, You have to just lay down at night and say fuck.
Speaker 3: It and go to sleep. I don't care what's happening. I don't care who needs.
Speaker 2: My next, who needs what?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Why why should I say fuck it? If I say fuck it, this will happen. I want to say fuck it?
Speaker 3: So what? So? What?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: What leads to all the things I can't control, of all the possibilities of what would happen.
Speaker 2: Because here's why it makes no sense to go to bed stressed out and anxious and all.
Speaker 3: Of this shit.
Speaker 2: Because if you look back at every moment where you have to control that I don't know how I'm gonna get out of this situation.
Speaker 4: Get out of it, right, Sure, that's really I'm still a debt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's that's so people. So people with fifty and hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but their debt is cute and part of their IRS strategy.
Speaker 4: Cute debt is funny.
Speaker 3: It's taking a part of your own.
Speaker 2: Have cute debt.
Speaker 1: That's like, Hey, my company didn't make any money, but I'm liquid six billion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so make that yours? I RS coy, I ain't got it. What y'all gonna do?
Speaker 1: I They told us they ain't got it either, exactly. Broad still getting fixed, Like y'all ain't got it.
Speaker 2: Y'all can't even find the two trillion.
Speaker 1: Okay, If I do that, then I will be doing the same strategy in a jail cell. If I do the fucking IRS.
Speaker 3: Now you have no Now you have no bills.
Speaker 2: My asshole is probably that's that's movie shit that don't happen in you. Why fuck that don't happen like that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Wait, you don't think anyone would suck me in prison? I'm not like no, that's like a little offensive. You don't think I would you. I mean, I think I'd be a pretty high pick breaker.
Speaker 3: He wanted to do that draft on Patreon.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: What do you think you get drifted?
Speaker 2: Said was the funniest shit.
Speaker 1: We just can't say it on mic of what rhymes with patreon and what would happen in that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't think like.
Speaker 1: Coming like off the bus, like you know, I would still do the jail strategy of taking the risk of like starting a fight just so they know, you know, you can't completely take advantage of me, and like I still want to call my mom.
Speaker 2: You can't have my commissary.
Speaker 1: But before that, when I'm just like on some Andy Dufrain getting off the bus and they all have cigarettes in their bedding, because I think prison is just like the nineteen forties, You don't think I would be high on the rape list of I just got my underreyes done.
Speaker 2: I'm looking young, rejuvenated. Well, because you're a redhead, and you know, you're like a trophy in the hood. A lot of guys have never dated a redhead or slept with a redhead.
Speaker 1: So maybe I got a lot of pussy I didn't deserve because a lot of women had never slept with a white redhead, and we're just.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, bunch of pussy I didn't deserve. So I think I'd get a lot of prison rate that I don't deserve.
Speaker 2: But i'd be a commodity.
Speaker 4: They're gonna select. You'll call you firecrotch.
Speaker 3: What firecrotch?
Speaker 4: They want to see if the if the curtains mashed the drapes.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, they'd be a little disappointed because it's hardwood floors and and that shower, John, you have hor shave. Shaving your pews in prison would be the funniest. Yeah, what you're doing, man, that's what you're using your razor.
Speaker 2: Your man escaping in prison is wild. What you don't.
Speaker 3: What you mean, like what you're shaving in prison for? What's the point of that?
Speaker 4: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You ain't got no action. Ain't nobody finna come in here and see you, unless I mean you would do some other ship in prison.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's you know, that's Luigi was getting his haircuts and ship. He's been in there for two weeks.
Speaker 1: But but Luigi, first of all, what they said about Luigi we don't know that this is a fact going off the news that never lies to us. He's a by curious Italian Ivy League graduate. He definitely has a very interesting pubic area and how he chooses to to shape it up Italians are Harry, I don't know how.
Speaker 2: You got to that math, but you know it's all good.
Speaker 1: Strip something yeah, something interesting. Okay, some of the little like vintage nineties to you know, mix it up. But he's been getting But he's been getting a haircuts.
Speaker 3: They said he's been in there two weeks. How many haircutters is he getting? He's been in jail two weeks.
Speaker 2: He just caught that nigga two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: How many haircuts are you getting in two weeks?
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Well, I don't know how he even got on the prison rate. But over the holidays, let's not avoid the actual elephant in the entire fucking room. Mall needs to come clean and apologize to everyone in this room.
Speaker 4: He gonna gas like you say, Oh, I didn't know it was only on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Watch Oh that did we spoke about that off camera? No, let's set it up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, weeks and weeks ago when Beyonce had announced she would be performing on Netflix Houston. What's is the Astros anymore?
Speaker 2: The Dome Houston Texans.
Speaker 1: Ratlift Stadium, whatever is in Friday Night Lights? She performed at halftime. You said it would surpass the mark of the Super Bowl watch numbers, which we looked up, which I think was averaged around in the eighty millions. And Beyonce did, from what I understand, twenty seven or did the entire day due twenty seven with Mariah Carey opening up the Steelers game or whatever.
Speaker 4: Was No, she did twenty seven like during her halftime performance.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then that's incredible, incredible, And did I not sit in here when we were off camera and say, oh, I didn't realize it was exclusive only Netflix, but we knew that. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: That that was the whole thing. We even talked about this is a crazy shift. If Netflix ends up getting the TV rights down the line, that changes everything.
Speaker 2: We had a whole conversation.
Speaker 1: It's okay to say that it was nowhere near what's gonna happen with not like us. In February.
Speaker 4: You literally said you were like, oh, Netflix better not crash how they did with Jake Paul and what you might call it, Beyonce. That was like your first sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I still didn't because when I think it was me and Peage was in there. But we was talking about it and I was like, oh, so this is exclusively these games only on Netflix this day, and he was like yeah. I was like, oh shit, See I didn't know that, and I really didn't. But that's neither here nor there. Of course, it didn't surpass those numbers. But the point I was trying to make was the performance aspect of it. Yeah, this is essentially like performing after Michael Jackson, who wants to get on stage after Mike.
Speaker 1: Okay, I respect that you are shifting the narrative to take any accountability and that you were definitely wrong of Beyonce surpassing any Super Bowl numbers. With that said, I will now come to this new conversation, which is, of course, Kendrick Lamar is not going to outperform Beyonce Noles Carter at any live performance, and this being a performance of Beyonces that didn't have all her hit records, maybe my favorite Beyonce performance I've ever seen in my fucking life. Really, this shit should be in the Smithsonian of live performances. It was so fucking good. I don't care if you call me a dick ryder. I like to watch Legends on Christmas Day perform better than everyone else.
Speaker 2: That shit was insane. It didn't matter I knew.
Speaker 1: The songs because I really do like Cowboy Carter play. It often was even in my Spotify. Shit, even if you didn't know any of those fucking songs. Every single record hit with a new performance. It was incredible. It was a masterclass. I can't think of the last time I saw a performance that good, including Beyonce at the super Bowl. This was better than her brutal marshit. I know it's a litt unfair because it was a lot of other person that she also.
Speaker 4: Had her own super Bowl, though, I feel like y'all keep forgetting that. Oh yeah, she reunited Destiny shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I still think this was better I saw On The Run too, which was one of my favorite shows in person. If she had this type of energy for an entire concert, I think it could be on the Run too. And maybe I'm having way too much of a hot take in real time. That was one of the best performances I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that she incorporated, you know, a lot of the young country artists, black country artist.
Speaker 4: I thought that was amazing, the first black rodeo queen from Arkansas. I'm not mistaking. She had her on one of the floats. Bluebe was there, I said, yelled yet louder for Blue.
Speaker 1: It was definitely a nice surprise when Blue just stay in the frame.
Speaker 4: It was like Blue yep, Like it's so nice to see her. She does such a good.
Speaker 1: Job and only for the real Beehive. It was nice to see Ashley the dance captain. Right when I saw Ashley and Blue, I was blew my behiveh fucking mind felt like twenty sixteen all.
Speaker 2: Over against now. She looked great, she sounded great. Seeing a lot of people online saying that Beyonce wasn't singing, let me just assure y'all was that Beyonce was definitely singing. But I thought the performance was dope. I just I think everything just looked perfect, the costumes, the choreography, obviously, her vocals sounded amazing. I thought it was dope. I thought it was a really really good show. And back to what I was originally saying was the fact of the performance?
Speaker 3: How man?
Speaker 2: That is what I said.
Speaker 4: I said that he did say that.
Speaker 1: You would never argue that Kendrick Lamar would not would do a better performance than Beyonce.
Speaker 2: I said, if you're Kendrick, are you upset that they booked such a huge artist, a great performer like that, two much before your dude to hit essentially the same stage, which would be a halftime show for the NFL.
Speaker 1: I don't know if i'd feel away because it's.
Speaker 2: We've never seen this before where somebody performed earlier, like Christmas Day that's essentially a bigger artist than the one that has the super Bowl halftime show. I don't think we've ever seen that. Yeah, this is something totally different. So I was posing the question of if I'm Kendrick, and I don't know how people don't feel like Kendrick woudn't feel a way about that like any artist wild feel about like god d I gotta go out of here and and top that, like fuck.
Speaker 4: But I think when it's Beyonce, nobody expects you to top it. You can't expects you to rite.
Speaker 2: But we've also never seen something to a Christmas Day the artist that's performing at that halftime show is bigger. It's a bigger artist than the person that has the super Bowl halftime. We've never I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, Let's say if maybe a Travis Scott did Christmas and completely smoked it, Like we know he's a great live performer, but even above what Travis usually does, then I think Kendrick would have more pressure, like Damn Tyler killed Christmas.
Speaker 3: Because he's a rapper.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know if anyone that's alive could be compared to a Beyonce live show at all. I think everyone that could is passed.
Speaker 2: I mean people, people, people online killed me. They told me that Travis Scott performs better. They told me that Bruno Mars performs better. They told me that Chris Brown performs better. They told me.
Speaker 1: That one person on Twitter say that, or like, well, a few.
Speaker 2: People were chiming in. I mean a lot of people named Chris. And you know, we always give Chris what I do. Y'all think that he's okay, a better dancer, yeah, but I always give Chris his his his his his flowers for being an incredible performer, but he was one of their names. He was one of the names that a lot of people online kind of threw in the mentions. But people were running down a whole bunch of names, and I was I didn't respond. I was like, all right, man, y'all at this point, fucking anybody can perform better than Beyonce. If y'all start naming Travis Scott and Bruno Mars, It's like, all right, man.
Speaker 1: But you can't win in that Twitter shit, because even though I know some people do have rough holidays and take it out on everyone else, by the numbers on Twitter, that couldn't have been the case. Some people are just like miserable all the time. Why are you so upset that I enjoyed a Beyonce concert on fucking Christmas Day? I don't know, because that upset because I tweeted some ebonezer shit, she's.
Speaker 2: The best, that she's the best performer. Like, I don't think that's a hot take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a pretty sound take what I've learned about Beyonce.
Speaker 4: And I think this is Moll's same point with Drake, but I think it leans more. I think it's very easy with Beyonce because she's a woman. People hate what everybody loves if some If everybody loves something, there are some people who are just determined to hate it. They are determined to be the contrarian, and it's annoying as fuck. I see it with Beyonce a lot. They're like, oh my gosh, she's so overrated. You don't have to like her music, but you don't have to say that her talent is overrated.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 4: Your favorite artist or favorite singer that you're listening to. Your cool little indie artists looks up to Beyonce will probably shit their pants if she was the blow of kissing their direction.
Speaker 2: I just think it's I just think it's the fatigue of seeing somebody be great for so long. I think at some point you kind of want to see somebody else surpass that person and kind of see them. And I understand that. But my thing is, at least let it actually happen. At least let somebody come along and really be better, a better performer than Beyonce, and be a better artist than Beyonce. Like, let it actually, but don't just start taking who you think is your favorite artists and like ooh nah. You know Travis Scott, you know he would have smoked that.
Speaker 1: And it's like, I mean, I definitely have contrarian tendencies for sure, but I also love greatness. Like what's you guys don't want to live in an era where we witness greatness? Like I'm not a Chiefs fan by any means. I think it's really great to watch Patrick Mahomes possibly become one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.
Speaker 2: I love that I get to witness that. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Alive for the Jordan shit, but I was such a kid. I didn't get to witness too much of it. I'm not gonna hate the Chiefs because they're winning all the time, right, we get to witness fucking greatness here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you know someone who doesn't want.
Speaker 1: To Even if you didn't listen to Cowboy Carter, what's wrong with seeing a masterclass and how to perform?
Speaker 2: That was my thing? Even if you never heard Cowboy Carter and you saw that performance, if you if you're into live performance in artistry, you have to have look at that.
Speaker 1: Into art by any means, they're into opinion, and to Demarius's point, they want to have the opposite opinion of what everyone's saying because they think it garners some type of attention if they say, yeah, Beyonce's performance is great, but why didn't she address Diddy during the performance, like now you're all right?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Like I can't even have a conversation with you, Like, okay, but what about Epstein?
Speaker 2: What she's on the flight log? So are you all right?
Speaker 1: Isn't on that?
Speaker 2: But shout out to Beyonce. She definitely did her thing.
Speaker 4: Did you guys watch the football games?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actual games.
Speaker 1: I didn't miss Ryan Carroll And I'm not here to start.
Speaker 4: An arguing it the pre recorded performance, Okay, she mouthed, she didn't even record. She mouthed the lyrics.
Speaker 2: Sam on top of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Steelers stressed me out so bad, and I remembered why I stopped being a stealer. You're still yeah, I was always a Steelers fan. I stopped watching football during the boycott, and then my cousin got drafted to the Giants, so I was like, okay, well I'll go That's when I started watching football again.
Speaker 1: You agreed with police brutality after he was drafted, naturally, then you're like you know what I mean, Come on, black lives matter, but I thought we're we'reeing.
Speaker 2: Giants are plant. Black lives matter, but giants are plant.
Speaker 3: Like I get it.
Speaker 2: They put racism in the end zone. Problem.
Speaker 4: Back into into watching the Steelers and you know, try to see Russell do some good things, but it was tough.
Speaker 1: Are you a Steelers fan? Because of it's usually your.
Speaker 4: Dad that makes you a Steelers Fanteelers fan, my mother is a Giants fan.
Speaker 2: How did you end up with the Steelers? Who you liked big roths?
Speaker 4: Well, when I was when I was when I had a crush to not be beautiful, but.
Speaker 2: But Troy Conditioned through the screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had the hugest crush on him. But then I actually got into the game because.
Speaker 1: But Troy po Yeah, I mean one of the greatest defensive players of all time. So I can't be mad at that at all.
Speaker 3: But luxurious here.
Speaker 1: Usually when it's Cowboys or Steelers, it's always their dad liked the teams in the eighties. But I've come to find out of people that aren't from pittsburghor Dollas. It was a good, good Christmas for football. I enjoyed it. Other than that, it was pretty fucking calm. Yeah, same didn't didn't do much of anything at all.
Speaker 4: I turn it up for New Year's Eve.
Speaker 3: I know I'm in the house, but you okay, somebody I'm going to baby The's house with New Years.
Speaker 2: You're cooking all that ship I'm coming in there. I just want to smell it. The food, the food, because you know, the internet to take that and they'll go their way with it. The food, she says, she cooking smoked turkey neck and mother turkey wings, some mother turkey wings and rice.
Speaker 3: And peas and bake mac. Now I'm not doing the potato salad with the peppery going there.
Speaker 4: Nah, potato salad. No, I'm not cooking all that. It's just me, Like it's just me. I am doing a stuff shrimp though, crab stuff shrimp h.
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 1: An artist friend of mine texted me yesterday about New Year's Eve plans and sent a whole bunch of fucking locations that there's no way I'm going we record I think not the next day. With the day after that sending fucking uh piss on me, Dubai Flyers, Miami. Uh, let's go to Saint Tom's all the shit where I'm like, yeah, it sounds cool, but I can't do that just with Tom. I'm not gonna say I'll tell you guys off Mike. Okay, everyone knows who this person is.
Speaker 3: This what I'm not.
Speaker 1: She hit me this morning and said, what if I had two tickets tomorrow a Lago on Christmas Eve? I said, how the fuck did you get two tickets tomorrow Laco for Christmas Eve party to go see.
Speaker 2: The Big Don.
Speaker 1: The answer is no, But now I have some question. I didn't care about us getting shitted on in Dubai. That checks out. That's fine. I understand that's part of the game, Emirates. If all expenses paid, you gotta take a little piss in the face.
Speaker 2: It's whatever.
Speaker 1: I just got my eyes done. I'll be all right. I'll fit in. But the mar A Lago plus one was not what I was expecting to close my year out with, and part of me, who is not a supporter whatsoever, was a bit curious just to see what it looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not.
Speaker 4: I would go.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to go to marl Lago.
Speaker 1: It's a short flight too. Yeah, I can make it back to the pot and Trump.
Speaker 3: He has a family, Yeah, but he doesn't support Trump, so I should support my family.
Speaker 2: He got all those votes and nobody supports him. Who said that?
Speaker 3: Who you think he voted for when he win that booth? This guy wasn't common. I could take that.
Speaker 1: That's not true. You can look at my tax returns.
Speaker 2: It's there. It did.
Speaker 1: It did cross my mind to accept that that invitation. What would I do at mar A Lago outside of just tweet l O.
Speaker 2: L Yeah, play some pickleball, golf, Smoka Kodak black, smoke a cigar or something.
Speaker 3: Why not.
Speaker 1: I don't even think your big guy will be there though. I think it's just like a party at mar A Lago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how you that's the best parties that throw the party at my house.
Speaker 1: It's just a rumor that might be in one of the I think he's here.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I'm not there.
Speaker 1: Like the amount of people that have probably went to like a Drake party at his house when he was overseas has happened to that's.
Speaker 2: The best parties. Yeah, go ahead, party of my house.
Speaker 1: I'm not there, though, I would be very curious just to people watch to be a fly on the wall at mar A Lago would be insane. Yeah, you could take you could take my ticket. I'll see if a Ticketmaster can transfer it over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get it from Ticketmaster and then send it to my phone. Tickets all the time.
Speaker 1: But you'll have to go with this person.
Speaker 4: She a baddie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think she's very attractive.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Maul noser though, Oh ship damn.
Speaker 3: That means she don't she don't want me to go.
Speaker 4: You would never fucking the Royal friends.
Speaker 3: When you define friends, it's a good point. His friend, like his home girls, associates, associates.
Speaker 4: He have, is the ones he haven't clapped.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I knocked those right down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like he didn't hit. Is she cute?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I keep a good circle of women that have really good hearts and intentions.
Speaker 2: Like that's why you would.
Speaker 3: Because yes, great women. I love great women.
Speaker 4: That's a good that's a compliment to you. It means you keep baddies around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: Well, I think they have better character and they're funny and can bring a lot to conversation.
Speaker 2: And they look good. You put that in it to all of those things.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's probably clapped a few of my friends in twenty twenty four. I just didn't know about it. No, because I was inside all year.
Speaker 2: I did not clap any of your friends in twenty two. Yo. What I know, there's been a lot of shit going on this hit, But why would you say that associates?
Speaker 1: I feel like you probably have no Yeah, I know too many money bag evidence that I've seen, Like I don't even know that girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that don't mean not clap because she came across my algorithm. Yeah, that means I hit. Maybe.
Speaker 4: I don't think MA puts money bags under the woman that he's actually sleeping with.
Speaker 1: I think to throw off under everyone.
Speaker 2: Now, some of them, some of them we've we've had some nights together, but not nights. But that's not me marking my territory, nothing like that. Like, that's not that you know. I mean, it's beautiful women. Somebody got it. You know I've.
Speaker 4: Gotten money bags before, so I know it's not that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not that guy.
Speaker 3: You know that. I'm not the thirsty guy that's like trying to be in everybody's face.
Speaker 2: I'm not that guy.
Speaker 1: But we we've known his strategy at this point. He puts them under everyone's picture so it doesn't look like that. We don't think he smashed Missy, like who is that rappers.
Speaker 2: With you?
Speaker 1: Anyways, we did get some good music right before the end of the year, which I didn't expect because I thought everyone was just gonna be quiet. Mm hmm because everything shuts down. And shout out to Sissor for even getting mixes added to u DSPs during Christmas time Love Scissors project Jack Carl put out, I wouldn't call it a freestyle, per say, but it's it's a great record.
Speaker 2: Can we get the actual name of that. It's called Tranquility, Tranquility with a visual. It's like two thirty.
Speaker 1: I think Jack is rapping on it. I thought it was a cool way to close out the year, to say that you know, I have music coming at this point. Yeah, tackled a few things that I saw the timeline and their feelings about which is gonna happen. He brought up a credibility line and saying I don't really care who gives me credibility. I'm feeling me that that ruffled the real hip hop Twitter, which they don't get ruffled. As much as they used to. They couldn't wait to tear up Jack Harlow's white ass after that. We're the only ones that could give you credibility.
Speaker 2: Jack, So Jack feels like he doesn't get mentioned enough. Yeah, and he said enough respect.
Speaker 1: He's at a point in his career where he does not care anymore about who is giving him any credibility.
Speaker 2: That means he cares when they get to that. I don't even care no more, you know, I just I'm just from the heart. The art is from the heart. It's like Nigga, cut it out, you cand if they we ain't got you on a list, if we ain't got you in our conversations, you definitely care about that. We ain't gonna act like you don't care. Every artist, every creator, wants to be recognized for their art, wants to be recognized with how dope they are. Now.
Speaker 3: I can understand that not being all you care about, but you care about that.
Speaker 1: I think Jack probably got more of the quote unquote hip hop credibility before his run with Come Home, the Kids Miss You, when he had two fucking huge records and the Drake feature. It was quiet in twenty twenty four for him, and I think in a good way. I think him taking a break, especially with everything that was going on for the year, this is the best strategy. Jack Man twenty twenty three was good. He got back to soul beats and just rapping. But that just felt like a Hey, I know, I was a pop star for all of twenty twenty two. I could still rap. He did it for the people that would give him credibility, but I feel like it went kind of under the radar compared to what had happened the year before, which can put you in an odd place. With jack Man, he said he didn't really want to do to come home the kids miss you huge records anymore.
Speaker 2: I just want to rap.
Speaker 1: But that didn't go the best way because you were a superstar at that point, right. I think this is one of those I'm kind of confused, but in a good way of where my career wants to go.
Speaker 2: Well, this is you know, artists tend to do this a lot, where they have success and then they put out another project that it was okay, didn't have the success as the previous project.
Speaker 1: And I don't know do we count I mean, jack Man was an album, It's thirteen thirty one minutes that that's an album an album, but coming off what he had done a few months prior, it felt like a hey, this is also for more of my core fan base.
Speaker 2: It didn't. There was no roll out, there was.
Speaker 1: No single, no album though true, still no disography.
Speaker 2: So I think sometimes you know, artists getting his own way, they they start speaking to you know, what they're reading online, like people saying, oh, that last effort was a little lackluster. Wasn't that hard? And now you give us a freestyle kind of dressing those you know, conversations and things that you're seeing people say. For me personally, though, with Jack Harlow, I'm still a little indifferent about him. Though I like Jack Harlow, but I'm not sure if I'm sold like I like Jack Harlow, I'm not sure if I would go to a Jack Harlow show. I tried, they wouldn't love you. Well, yeah, you can't go to it my way. But it's like I recognize the talent. I think he has some good records. I think he has some good bars, and anytime I see like you know him in interview speaking, he seems like he seems like a pretty cool guy. Yeah, but it's something. It's just it's something I don't know if it's because I don't know enough of his story, like his life is it's something that I can't connect with with Jack Harlow, but I recognize the talent that is there.
Speaker 1: Well, he kind of had the catch twenty two of Excess, like even sweet Action, that's what they all say. That was more of like the Jack mixtape when he was, you know fully being guided by drama even more on the mixtape side, he was doing Sway freestyles, like he definitely shifted into what would be more of a Drake lane once he caught that first single and then his idea, like his identity shifted because Jack was a rapper for someone like me to listen to prior to Come Home the Kids Missue, and then his whole fan base shifted to like younger girls. So he didn't really have an identity during that album and then tried to come out of that back to his original identity, and now all the younger kids are confused on who the fuck he is. And even with what was the single love It On Me that came out at the end of twenty twenty three, I thought it was great and it was a good follow up, like oh, Jack's back on Radio Hit Records. Thought it was great, But wasn't that a simple Yeah? I mean so was his So was nail Tech and the other record. Yeah, so the first Class and nail Tech are both.
Speaker 3: That's so.
Speaker 2: I think, So that can that can hinder an artist, Like when you're quote unquote biggest records are samples.
Speaker 1: And those kids didn't know those samples though.
Speaker 2: I mean, but it's they they know it. They may not know it, but they they heard that it.
Speaker 1: Worked because that melody has checked out for twenty years, and it's we know it works because we've seen it work. Okay, these young kids would say that's Jack Harlowe. Fully, they wouldn't even go down the rabbit hole of what those samples would be. So I just think he's kind of has and this outside looking in. Even my talks with Drama Lake Cannon nothing to do with with how I view this. I think he's having an identity crisis and was talking about it in this freestyle, which I think is great. I love when artists do that type of shit, and even taking accountability at the end and saying I don't think I've even made great shit, yet he sounds confused about his how he've used his own career, like, yeah, I was the number one artist in twenty twenty three, did every fucking tour, sold everything. I don't really know who the fuck I am at this point, but what does it look like in twenty twenty five after having an album like Come Home the Kids Miss You and then jack Man right after that. Those are two completely different artists And that's where you get your perspective of I don't really know who the fuck.
Speaker 2: This guy is, but that's where you're.
Speaker 1: Going from different, different fan bases to different fan bases. And only a few artists have been super successful in doing that, and that's been artists like Drake, this artist like Rihanna. They have been able to go from different fan base to different fan base and grab everyone. That's tough for someone that just flat out raps, and that's Jack.
Speaker 2: Even the jack the tranquility of the video you shot by myself, gloomy, rainy out walking through the city. Nobody knows me. I don't even know myself that type of you know, you gave like the treatment. I mean, you shot that on the iPhone.
Speaker 3: But it's like, I mean, Jack, he got movies.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, he did The White Man Can Jump and he did.
Speaker 3: He's a he's a star.
Speaker 1: What's the one with a guy with Matt Damon? He got killed pretty quick, but he was great.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that Jack Harlow has been you know, he's been fortunate enough to get opportunities that place him in a certain star caliber. When you start to get movies, lead roles in movies and things like that, you know that that's that's them propping you up, like your your your star and we're gonna get you there. But now you put out a freestyle speaking to you know what he's speaking to and then just the aesthetic of it alone, no crew, no homies, is just me walking around the city, raining getting my thoughts together. Maybe I'm depressed. Maybe I took a shower today. Maybe I didn't. That's not you know, I knowthetic.
Speaker 3: I know when rappers get that.
Speaker 2: I ain't. I might have showered, I might not have showered.
Speaker 3: Aesthetic.
Speaker 2: I know that aesthetic.
Speaker 1: There was a bit of a walk of shame. This This was my outfit last night from a meatpacking club. Yeah, and I caught a look with a chick that has some money and now I'm leaving in the morning.
Speaker 2: I gotta stop talking with girls just for sexist and I feel empty once she gets in the uber and leaves, like and I'm looking at my ceiling like what was that for?
Speaker 3: You know, he getting out the stat for just like what was that for?
Speaker 2: Like I don't even know that girl.
Speaker 1: After that morning? Pissed and then you look in her mirror like what's wrong with yeah?
Speaker 3: Like why what time is it?
Speaker 1: You don't even know where.
Speaker 2: You're Like again, you do this again? You said this was the last time. The last time he got that aesthetic right now.
Speaker 1: Which makes sense though, with the with the years he's had, I'm sure that was a crazy one. Eight in his life from twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three, came the biggest rapper in the world.
Speaker 2: So was he was he ready for it? Probably not, that's honest.
Speaker 1: Probably not, just because he was making good music, but not music that appeared like you were trying your best to catch one, like nail Tech and all that. I do like because it sounds like probably would have just made that record and it happened to catch. That's why I do respect it. I don't think unless you're sitting there like with the mind state of I have to catch one, you're ready for a complete one eighty in your life, from Sway freestyles to now I am the biggest rapper. This is arena shit, I'm selling out the Barclays and within one year. Yeah, that's a I wouldn't I wouldn't know what that feels like. Yeah, but I could imagine. It's an insane one eighty. And Jack, to me, isn't really that type of guy. Why you say he comes across conness as like a down to earth regular guy. I believe that. I believe probably very odd.
Speaker 2: I believe it too. It's just something. It's just something about Jack Haller that I can't.
Speaker 1: The label he was. He brought up Julie Greenwall, which I don't even think works at Atlantic anymore, which I thought was odd. I was like, did he record this before Lucian's son took over? I don't know anyone's dealing, so don't quote me. Everyone asking where's this shit at? And then you deliver something like loving it, which is in that vein. I'm glad he just chilled for a second, because if he stayed with that It's like, all right, this is going to be nail tech, first class kid for the rest of his life if he keeps doing these type of records. Yeah, I'm glad he took damn near the whole year off. I love the record he did with Dave. They were both wrapping their asses off. Like I think Jack has actually made smart moves since the jack Man album. I'm excited to see what happens. But I'm with you too. A lot of stuff doesn't connec because I feel like it's probably for younger kids, but it's had a bad thing.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm old as fuck. Well, we fuck with Jack Harlow and you know we want to see him do great things because I do think he's talented. It's just some something that I can't connect to Jack yet.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you one last opportunity before the year's up to shoot on Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 3: I don't want to fucking with you.
Speaker 1: Just how could we close the year? Did you hear Tyler's freestyle over here? Now put a visual out too? Yeah, I absolutely loved it. But you know I'm a Tyler Dick rider.
Speaker 2: According to you guys, I think time you support somebody, of course.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed the Beyonce show on Christmas. I thought it was a missed opportunity for the real one. This is one of those remix is like damn, that would have been on GNX. Yeah, that verse is fucking that took that song to a whole other level. I wish that was like on the album and you can.
Speaker 2: You can replace shit.
Speaker 1: Like, there's no more rules. Yeah, scissors uploading different mixes.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: If there's a better version of the song and you could shift it out, bet, let's fucking do it. If you refresh Vultures right now, one and two, I'm sure there's ten new songs.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I was.
Speaker 1: Listening to that shit. Five point thirty is one of my favorite new Kanye records. It's a whole new song, like the fuck you finished the second verse? Yeah, make the official one with Tyler.
Speaker 2: You just swap it out.
Speaker 1: There's no rules anymore with the streaming shit.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there'll be a few people on Twitter saying that's not hip hop.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. The rules are different.
Speaker 1: We're in a different era. Why can't the official version now of an incredible verse that takes a record to a whole other level that's not on GNX, like that.
Speaker 2: Type of feel.
Speaker 1: Make it official, give Tyler to twenty five percent pub and put it up on fucking streaming.
Speaker 2: Nah, because then it goes against the whole portrait that Kendrick was painting. Tyler's from the West Guida And you gotta listen to the album in reverse?
Speaker 3: Did you see that? I did?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a classic one.
Speaker 2: You gotta listen to.
Speaker 1: The reverse, but Dan was in reverse.
Speaker 2: Not only do I listen to it in reverse, you gotta be driving in reverse, but.
Speaker 1: When that offset the reverse, because that's like a double negative, you have to go. You have to do k turns counterclockwise.
Speaker 2: You got to you gotta drive like Sonny in a bronze tail. Hey, listen to gn X from in reverse, and then that's how you're gonna really get the full picture of what Kendrick was trying.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't see those thing pieces. I know Damn was meant to be in reverse, which I thought was really cool.
Speaker 2: Is that what they're saying, That's what I'm seeing. They're saying, No, you're not listening. You think I listened to the reverse? Telling me that you think that I listened to Kendricks's album in reverse.
Speaker 4: Do they mean like in reverse or do they mean like the last song first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what they mean. Yeah, started the last song and go to the.
Speaker 1: I can see that whackeddown Murros could be a cool outro and Glory could be a good intro. Yeah, I can see it.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I don't see it. I'm just saying I just laugh at when I see those think pieces on Twitter and then the people that chime in like duh, y'all didn't even see the teaser on YouTube. I'm like, all right, I just want to listen to but don't do that.
Speaker 1: That's always been a music thing, like even when I don't know, is it the Pink Floyd records that you would have to go and reverse and like that's led Zeppelin was doing in.
Speaker 2: The tupox on slow and said, shug shot me get it.
Speaker 3: I get it. I was there.
Speaker 1: I was in that ere I did that as a kid multiple times, even slowed it down all my little boombox thing. He did not.
Speaker 3: Say he did.
Speaker 1: I tried to convince myself he said it, and still was like, he's not saying that. I was even lying to my friends, like, naw, he's saying that ship and in my head he's saying.
Speaker 2: Saying that it's okay to just listen to music and just relaxed with God. Damn Holy think everybody thinking God, everybody's goting.
Speaker 1: Wrong with think pieces and people that are thinking. I think that's important. It's when people wouldn't have thought about this if it wasn't popular. It's like, you don't need to think peace if you wouldn't have thought about this to begin with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it is what it is, man. But shout out to anybody, man, shout out. Twenty twenty four was a great year. A lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Shit was terrible, bro, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four was lit? Man?
Speaker 4: Don't you hated this year? Why you hated it, baby do a lot of reasons I hated it. I'm ready for this ship to end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the thing I've I've never been the hater of New Year.
Speaker 3: K new me.
Speaker 1: If that's what it takes to do a reset, cool, I like that.
Speaker 2: But saying baby d got the slogan for twenty five New Dick, New Year, New Dick, sitting and spit, Sitting and spitting, sitting and fucking spitting.
Speaker 1: If the year is over tomorrow, it's still gonna be like the same time, Like it doesn't reset tomorrow, It's still gonna just be a continuous what you're going through.
Speaker 3: At the moment.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: Like you see the ju ju he throw on you for twenty five, like you wish, why you wishot on her twenty five, the same energy from twenty four you wish. Can't change the world until you change yourself. That's what I'm trying to say. I'm changing myself high elevation.
Speaker 1: That's what Big told Puff. I saw it on intil right before he dies. What he said right before.
Speaker 4: Yolaturist is really a good movie.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: It really is a good movie.
Speaker 1: It's definitely it's definitely not bad.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I just felt like it was too soon.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we might have stumbled upon like we we we were just there.
Speaker 4: Just happened, and it came out twenty years after that happened. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: There was just so many people alive to consult on it that weren't like That's why it felt weird, Like we get ask the people right now, they right here and they didn't, So I don't know if it was like.
Speaker 4: The rule they ask puff Puff Like damn, near ran.
Speaker 3: The movie, right.
Speaker 1: That's why everyone that could tell the real story was fucking upset.
Speaker 2: They didn't even ask his mom. Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: That was wild.
Speaker 1: Like, no, you know, sees is still a lot sees right here, right.
Speaker 2: There, right here, Kim, right here too. You have a whole main character, Kim. You could ask her.
Speaker 1: She could be on set and tell you what happened, crazy Mary j somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kim said she didn't like the way that they portray her. They just portray her like she was just like some side chick. And she said, I she ain't like that.
Speaker 1: Here's what I saw when Kim said all that. I don't think they did a bad job with Kim. It didn't seem like she was a side chick. It felt like what we know to be the truth. He was fucking with both of them, seriously, he just happened to marry one of them, but he was very much committed to Kim at the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't gonna lie. We might have to go back, We might have to go down the list of like best worst rap movies.
Speaker 4: Straight out of better movie.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it's great. Out of Comfort, Out of Conference is a better movie.
Speaker 4: But can you explain why you think if you listening to this right and not comments you bugging nah bro No.
Speaker 1: And I'm not evenna make this a puff thing. But he made himself seem like fucking Morpheus and a Versace, you know what he was.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch it because like you saying that, but like my my initial reaction is is straight out of Compton. But it's been a while since I seen notorious. Notorious is a good No, it's a good movie.
Speaker 4: I like move Puff's ego from like watching it like Puff really like if you remove his ego from it, it is a very enjoyable I really enjoyed it. I enjoy straight out of content.
Speaker 2: Who played Puff, Derek Luke.
Speaker 3: That's why I didn't like that movie.
Speaker 1: He did a good job as Puff. Again, he's good, but it's not straight.
Speaker 2: It was like his It was the way he was saying ship. It was like, you ain't never talk like That's what I said.
Speaker 1: He's like he thought he was Morpheus than as.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember now we thinking about it, I'm like it was something about notorious that I remember when I was watching, like, I don't like the way somebody was talking.
Speaker 4: We can't we can't change the world, so we change ourselves Big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it went like that, Like, I don't think that's I don't think it went like that.
Speaker 4: Tell the person I was there that that.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it went like that, Like I got it.
Speaker 1: And I've watched Rest in Peace to see and Clark, and I've watched all of their interviews about Big. They were there, grew up with Big. At one point, Puff never said to him on my daddy was out here hustling these streets, so you gotta stop.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Big was like, I never even thought of it that way, Puff, I'm gonna stop. He didn't listen to Puff at all. He kept selling drugs in Virginia. And that's another that didn't happen that way.
Speaker 2: I don't like those movies where they keep saying each other's name when they talking to each other, like they supposed to remind us that that's Puff and then that's Big.
Speaker 3: I've never talked to Rory and was like, yo, yo.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Rory. I mean, I guess I've done that screenwriting. I don't know. Maybe I just hate that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I hate We know that's supposed to be puff. We know this is supposed to be big. Stop saying each other's names when y'all talking to each other. I don't know. I just look at movies like that, you know what.
Speaker 4: I never really thought about that. But we don't really say each other. I say you guys' names, but I guess men don't really say each other's names like that.
Speaker 2: I have never had a conversation with Rory and was like, yo, I ain't gonna lie. You know, we gotta do what we gotta do, Rory.
Speaker 1: That's because we're not saying profound things.
Speaker 2: Who does that? Like I don't talk. I'm talking about your homeie like a nigga you talk to every day. You don't talk to him like that. Now, if it's somebody, you know, I'll guess later on in this episode, Elliott I might say, yo ya dad, you know what I'm saying. Elliott I might do that because me and Elliott, we don't talk, we don't hang out like that. But if it's my man I'm with every day in the studio making music, traveling, the world before me.
Speaker 4: So I'm not having what do you call them?
Speaker 2: I just talked to him like, Yo, we gotta go, we gotta we gotta do something else. Man, I ain't gonna lie this, this shit gonna crazy or what we what we're gonna do? Man, I don't be like Yo, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like your Rory.
Speaker 4: I think it's because Rory name though.
Speaker 3: Cause anybody damaras. I have never had a conversation with themarriage.
Speaker 4: You say, baby, did you call me baby?
Speaker 3: Did a lot?
Speaker 4: It's just Rory. Rory got that name. Don't nobody want to say that?
Speaker 3: Peace? Do I say your name when I talk to you?
Speaker 4: He just did.
Speaker 2: Let's just know I'm directing the question to you.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, like it's just YouTube in the studio. He's not saying page at the end of ek sentence.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't. I just don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: That's not a natural thing in conversations. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's maybe screenplay shit that we're aware of to for people's attention spans and like characters.
Speaker 2: I could just be nitpicking, but it was. It was something about notorious when it came out, and I remember watching like maybe two or three times, and it was something that I just was like, I can't, I just can't get into the movie like that because it's something was pissing me off. So I gotta watch it again. And I'm gonna remember exactly what it was. But my knee jerk response to Notorious or straight out of Compton, Straight out of Compton, I.
Speaker 1: Just thought it was funny. Everyone aged and Notorious except for Seas. He was always a twelve year old child the entire movie. Everybody grew up sees character, same actor the entire time.
Speaker 3: The funny shit is that character is a groom man like that action he played.
Speaker 1: Get rid of that trying great active a little bit like they had twelve year old seeds because accurate they got in a car accident when Big broke his legs, they got twelve year old seeds like under.
Speaker 2: You know why they got an action he couldn't seal it with.
Speaker 1: And if it's accurate away after a pot got shot and Big tried to call him, and Puff grabbed the phone and was like, don't do it, Big, my man's facing a rape charge. You can't even call him see, and Big was like, damn puff, I never even thought about that.
Speaker 3: See, what was I to do?
Speaker 4: That's not what he said, though he said he got that rape case. You know he not thinking right.
Speaker 1: And then so let me call my man's and tell him he is bugging. You have inaccurate information. I did not set you up, and I'm also not gonna tell you who set you up because I got nothing to do with this ship and I want to stay far the funk away from it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch it again.
Speaker 1: It's a great movie. They shouldn't have cut out that that other nude scene with a little Kim when she was in the pool.
Speaker 2: Go look at the deleted scenes.
Speaker 1: Crazy, calm your low.
Speaker 2: Nah, So with you, I'm glad you got.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you got that Rowan powering and kept giving us some content because her scenes were crazy fire an'ytthing.
Speaker 3: Would you call him hot crotch?
Speaker 2: Fire?
Speaker 1: Hot crotch is way funnier. Hot crotch is hilarious. I might have to start a brand called hot I'm gonna sell crop pots and call it that.
Speaker 3: Now, you hot crotches, it's an awfully hot call crotch.
Speaker 2: Not but yes, straight out of Compton is a better fucking movie, I think, So I'm gonna watch I'm gonna watch Notorious again for you.
Speaker 1: There's not very many rap movies to begin with. That's why I don't even want to save this for like a Patreon. What about actual real rap ship? What is there?
Speaker 2: All Eyes on Me?
Speaker 3: Hm?
Speaker 4: He wasn't a real rapper.
Speaker 1: That was like loosely based off Eminem's life story, which he said it wasn't. So I don't think like eight mile accounts get Richard not trying the same way.
Speaker 2: He said that wasn't really his life, alright, So so we got to just make it best rap movies?
Speaker 1: Okay, But I mean people were rapping in Juice?
Speaker 2: Is it a rap movie?
Speaker 3: Pock is in it?
Speaker 1: He didn't, he just killed his friends poetic She didn't wrap though.
Speaker 3: I mean some rappers in there.
Speaker 1: Though, it's not that's racist. You just think any black movies a rap I'm watching bill O Rady.
Speaker 2: Juice is not a rap movie.
Speaker 4: You might have to open it up to just like biopics, period.
Speaker 1: Iopics, bio and this could sound terrible. What besides All Eyes on Me Notorious straight out of Comting? Am I missing another one.
Speaker 4: No, not that I can think of.
Speaker 1: Get Rich of dots Ry, No, he said, I mean it's loosely. That wasn't come on one of his real singles at the end of the movie. That's because it was on the sound The whole movie is him rapping things that ended up on the soundtrack. He's just a good businessman, Like when it rains, it pours when he's in prison.
Speaker 2: That was on the album. Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, So that's a that's a rap movie.
Speaker 1: He never killed Prime in a hallway before he stepped on Pelham Bay stage to perform. Terence Howard didn't just casually take out a gun and kill Supreme.
Speaker 3: I understand that.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is that was loosely based on a real dad, a road rappers like life. He was from the Bronx. I don't know, man, I think we could do it.
Speaker 1: You think his his real name was Young Caesar.
Speaker 2: No, No, in fact, I know it was.
Speaker 1: I think get Rich is a classic movie, but I wouldn't call that the fifty cent story, nor would I call it eight Mile the eminem story.
Speaker 2: But how could you not call it the fifty cent story when he got shot, literally in his face, was rapping with a his voice was different every that's literally what happened to fifty.
Speaker 1: I think he pulled certain things from his life, of course he did. But just because he got shot, plenty of people get shot, doesn't make it the fifty cent story.
Speaker 2: See you doing this thing that you like to do. Yes, plenty of people get shot. That's a fact. Nobody's saying because you get shot it makes it the fifty cents.
Speaker 1: Nobody from his internal crew, fucking bangam Smurf didn't sit with them like it's a whole different storyline. His man shot him, that betrayed him.
Speaker 2: In that hole where loosely based comes in there, Rory, I just think it's completely it's not it's not a documentary, it's loosely based. I think get Rich of Doc Trine is definitely a fifty his life story loosely But let's have that draft though.
Speaker 4: I don't there's nothing to draft though.
Speaker 2: Papa's best rap movies we just named There's seven is more than that.
Speaker 4: Man, think of name.
Speaker 3: There's more. I mean.
Speaker 2: We could sit down and do a draft, though, I think we could.
Speaker 4: I think that's what I said, doing a biopic draft will be better.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, there's a Roxanne Roxanne which was fire on Netflix. Credible, so fucking good, incredible. That might be the that would rival straight out of confidence to me, the only one. But other than that, that's the only ones that are here. I'm trying to go through a Tupac resurrection. But that was just a great documentary.
Speaker 2: That was a documentary.
Speaker 3: Loved it.
Speaker 4: Do we count Michel AI's movie.
Speaker 2: Crush grooveigas, ain't that?
Speaker 3: Ain't?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Crush Grooves. Yeah that counts.
Speaker 4: I've never even heard of that.
Speaker 3: You never saw a crush Oh shit, I never.
Speaker 2: I forgot you were so young. Oh my god, you gotta watch, you gotta watch Crush Groove.
Speaker 1: Crush Groove is an eighties film written by Ralph You Got It and directed by Michael Schultz.
Speaker 2: Ironic.
Speaker 1: It's Blair Underwood as a young Russell Simmons in the early days of Deaf jam. Russell Simmons was the film's co producer and story consultant. I'm sure he left out a lot of things because he was the consultant and we didn't get an accurate story. What was that show that they canceled on VH one.
Speaker 2: That was amazing. The Breaks, I think that sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: Ye, that was loosely based off Russell and the Deaf jam Ship. They've had a young nas like that show was amazing. I wish they kept up with that.
Speaker 2: Crush Groove, Baby, the watch Crush Groove.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna have to check it out. I'm sure my dad knows what it is, so maybe I'll make him watch it with me.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch Crush Groove. You gotta watch the disorder leads with the fat Boys. Trying to think of another eighties breaking Gotta watch Breaking.
Speaker 3: The Start. There, that's a good three pack.
Speaker 1: I mean, outside of rapper stuff. The New Edition story was great. The TLC movie was great. The Iliya movie was fucking buns. They've done it for outside of rap Yeah, atl apparently is one.
Speaker 4: The Jackson's That American Dream might be the best one out all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a great, great series. I might watch that every year they come out. Every year it's on VH one. I might watch that.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it in a while. I have to go back and watch it. I never knew that it was a made for TV series because when I was watching it, they will play it like straight through. So I always just thought it was a really long movie when I was growing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, on VH one. I think when it first came out.
Speaker 1: You know, would be the craziest series ever. It could not be a movie whatsoever, just based off everything BG has capt to and who Birdman became. The cash Money story would be the greatest rap TV series. If done right, that story would be insane. The first season would just fucking be Birdman and BG doing insane things that are already on records. So we're not snitchingh he cops like forty bodies.
Speaker 2: It's state property.
Speaker 1: I don't think you'd get to lowl Wayne, So season three, Drake would be in season fourteen.
Speaker 3: It's state property or rap movie.
Speaker 1: They're up there. They're my my personal okay, But that was really wasn't about them, Like, I don't think Jay and Dame happened to be robbing the same house at the same time. It was like, Yo, you take upstairs, I'll take downstairs.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not out of Rory always rewriting this.
Speaker 1: That's not that's what happened.
Speaker 2: That's not what happened to State property that was paper sold.
Speaker 1: Oh my bad.
Speaker 2: We talk about and it was going to rob the studio. He opened the door.
Speaker 3: Jay was in here recorded and then they just closed the door, like now we're not robbing this.
Speaker 1: I don't think tats I ever said being suck my dick.
Speaker 3: Like, no, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Those are great movies, but I wouldn't consider them rap movies, just great you know, hood films. But uh, while we're on Hot Boys for Gets and voicemails and we have an amazing conversation with Elliott Wilson after this as well. You know, Travis Hunter, man, I didn't really care about that girlfriend. Shit, none of my fucking business.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Love is love, rev run do whatever the fuck you want to do. And this is gonna sound like hate, but I have to be honest. Why are you signing to Young Money Sports Agency?
Speaker 3: Is that real?
Speaker 2: Wife? Whoever the fuck you want a wife? Just whatever? Man?
Speaker 3: But is that real?
Speaker 1: Deal with what comes with it?
Speaker 3: Is that real? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is Young Money Sports Agency?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: I had to look, I had to find the website and before everyone starts and clips this, whatever, Wayne, we absolutely love legend in his own right. Done amazing things, cool whatever, What the fuck is young money APPA Sports? I can't even find I have the about section which has all like their staff. I don't see who is signed to them. I did not know this existed. But again, I may be out of the out of the loop. Lamar Jackson maybe signed them and I just didn't know. I've just yet to see a young man.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of this.
Speaker 3: Uh, I've ever heard of it.
Speaker 2: And I mean, listen, no, no slight to Wayne. He may be, you know, he might have a lot of the right people, could be amazing over there that's ready to do great things for Travis Hunter. But I just you know, on one hand, it's okay, cool Travis Hunter, you know, want to keep it, keep keep business black and you know, sign with you know, black CEOs.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, but love it.
Speaker 2: I think there's some maybe a few more reputable and black agents in the that he could have went with first. I mean, Rich Paul's out there somewhere. Yeah, who's Who's I think he's a black man and a pretty good fucking agent. Pretty good agent established.
Speaker 1: In twenty seventeen is when it happened. I feel like Wayne has even done enough first take interviews and pretty I think Wayne talks about sports more than.
Speaker 2: He does hip hop.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe I missed the interview of when he was like, yo, I have a sports can see as.
Speaker 2: Well, Yeah, who is who's Travis? Because I don't, you know, I like who's in this, Who's in his corner? Who's who's is like his day to day you know, consigli airs.
Speaker 1: I mean we we haven't really commented on a lot of this because I feel like that's been piling on and just to not girlfriend whatever this is where I was like, all right, who is in your corner?
Speaker 2: Young man? Yeah that's what that's that's my and you know, to have a coach like Deon saying, is somebody who did it at the highest level where you talk about just superstar flash you know, bright lights, women, cars, jewelry like you know it, don't get it, don't get much much better than Prime time when it comes to that. I just feel like maybe he should lean on his coach a little more when it comes to like off the field personal life ship. I mean, you got you got Deon saying this is in your locker room at your disposal every day to talk about life after college and what to expect being a high profile player going into the NFL. It don't get much better than Deon Sanders. So I you know, you see Travis going through things with his girl. You know, I'm I hope that maybe he spoke to coach saying is about that and how to navigate through those type of things, relationships with women and even on the business side of signing with a young money again. You know, maybe he's a big Wayne fan, but I just feel like with Deon Sander's right there, I feel like Dion would have been like, Son, you show that's what.
Speaker 1: You want to And again, who's to say that the major regular agencies are great. I'm Drew rosenhlls smaller shit that could be awful too for a young athlete as well. But I have some questions on young money APAA sports.
Speaker 2: I never I just have never heard bad things about clutch Yeah sports and what Rich's over there doing. I've only heard great things. Is you know, from what I see when I was looking at Rich's got a lot of his players overpaid, you know, I mean, it's like good players, but it's like Rich got.
Speaker 1: Him how much Deon guiding you outside of just fuck sports knowledge. Dion understands marketing, branding, what it's like to be in the spotlight more than probably any athlete that you can name outside of a few. It is a it is a bit odd where decisions have been made.
Speaker 2: Wes Travis Hunter from Originally it's a good question.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, Like I can't see Dion letting his son sign something like that.
Speaker 2: I can promise you Dion Chicourt won't be signing with Young Money a p A A.
Speaker 4: He's from West Palm Beach, Florida. He moved to Georgia in the eighth grade.
Speaker 3: West Palm Beach, Florida, Wayne.
Speaker 2: Florida, mar A Lago tomorrow. Okay, listen, god, I wish him the best.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a He's a talented player. He seems to be a good kid. You know, hopefully he has is off the field, you know, things in order and has the right people around him because you know, it can go left really fast. But good luck to him, man, this might end up being great. He might be the player that you know, turns Young Money a PAA.
Speaker 3: Into a powerhouse.
Speaker 2: You know, you never know, but I just think going into it, the Heisman Trophy winner. I think you kind of want to, you know, align with stronger players as far as business, get a Wayne feature, whatever that would do for him at this point. I don't know, you know, good luck to him, man, he's he's having a.
Speaker 1: Rough Wayne knows, Robert Kraft, the Patriots probably get the first.
Speaker 2: Has anybody had a rougher Heisman Trophy year than Travis under Like off the field? I'm pretty sure we I mean, shit, it's been Reggie.
Speaker 1: Reggie got his taken away, but that was years later, years later, and then got it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I'm sure there's somebody that don't know about that. Probably.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Woric's correct. One Heisman right, he had a crazy fucking year. Yeah, that was that. He ended up having a crazy time. It was a fucking doozy what he went through.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When it comes to Travis Hunter's girlfriend situation, did you guys ever watch the video that she released talking about everything, and she's like, Travis told me to come out here and talk about this.
Speaker 2: I would never click on that, you know.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing it and seeing the length of the video and said, that's nice. Prayers for everyone involved, So I went.
Speaker 4: I went to watch it, but I had it on two times two X speed because I'm never listening to somebody talk like that. But from what it seems like, what she was saying was that there were clips of her being taken out of context, and she was being bullied on the internet for clips of her being taken out of context. People are like, oh, they're saying I'm pouting when he won this, or I'm pouting when he's hugging cheerleaders, and that's not true. Like, this is what actually happened these this is what was.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that's part of it. I'm pretty sure some of that ship was taken out of context.
Speaker 4: Yeah sure, but it's just like once the internet finds out that you're the person to ship on, especially if you're a girl. Yeah yeah, yeah, well because so, oh the reason why she said that is because everybody was on her ass because and I'm not sticking up for her, but I just want the full story. Everybody was on her ass because she has said he wasn't originally her type and then she ended up dating him anyways, so she was like, she came on there. She said, well, he wasn't originally my type because when he originally slid in my DMS, he had a girlfriend, and cheaters aren't my type.
Speaker 2: Ah, she gave you the dignity, pride, honor, she was like.
Speaker 4: So then when he got single, he doubled back or something like that, and then he ended up in a relationship with he doubled back a chance.
Speaker 1: But I mean, it's typocritical because we're on a podcast and we always talk about a bunch of nonsense sometimes that we don't care about. But why do y'all care that much about his girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Like people always worried about the money of men that they are not sleeping with men be worried about other men money so much.
Speaker 1: It's so it confuses me, okay, to what P is saying that people are concerned about his finances and that she's just there to take his money. That's a slow news day in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, any Wall Street and like, that's a slow fucking news day to me that somebody y'all deem as loose is going to take money And I don't know that gross what I'm saying, how y'all deem it that that girl is taking advantage of somebody that has potential to be rich.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: If he likes a girl, he likes a girl, I mean it may bite him in the ass later on when it starts affecting his play because she could be a fucking nightmare. Oh but there's plenty of women that aren't gold diggers that could do the same fucking thing in your household.
Speaker 2: So oh, he's gonna bite him.
Speaker 3: In his ass.
Speaker 4: But see, I don't think that'd be like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think her and I don't know this to be true because I haven't been following it. I think a girl that wants more attention than money is way more dangerous in that situation than a girl that just wants your finances and maybe will take fifty percent of your contract in ten years. If she wants to be a star, that's an issue. You're fucked at that point. If this chick wants to be in the locker room, wants to be on camera, everything she does is now going to be attached to you because she wants to be on camera non fucking stop and all. She is just some college student that happened to be in the same dorm as you, And fuck, that's an issue to me. They're all gonna get their money taken in divorce at some point.
Speaker 2: That's America.
Speaker 3: It's the American way.
Speaker 4: Damn God. The way y'all look at love is just dark and dreary.
Speaker 2: No, I just think that it's you know, we gotta look at things for what they are, especially when these young men are, you know, potential hundreds of millions of dollars players walking around and you know, a girl sees him, doesn't know who he is at first, and then somebody puts it on like you know, you know, he's like the top player in the nation.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, he's cute. All of a sudden, it's like, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: So if shit starts to happen and people start to notice that, they call it out cool. I'm not saying that this girl is around for money grabbing it. I don't know about it. I don't All I'm saying is to Roy saying, if it is, it's not the first time, who cares, Like, we we get it. Yeah, that's what's gonna happen. This kid has potential to make a shit ton of money. Women are gonna throw themselves at him. Why his news, Like because we're seeing it from the college level happening, Like, Okay, if she's gonna take him for his money and you know he's a sucker, she gonna lick him.
Speaker 3: Simple.
Speaker 1: And I mean, there could have been fair assessments of her character and who she is, but I'm saying her like, oh shit, this girl was in a music video three years ago. You mean somebody that's going to the league wifed a video girl. It's stupid, top of top of the news list.
Speaker 3: This shit is stupid, man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she was in a SoundCloud rappers.
Speaker 2: This is honestly, this is what's supposed to happen.
Speaker 1: But I did see that one clip where she said he used to drive in the parties and wait outside. He seems like the guy that would do that. He gives me those vibes.
Speaker 2: I know a few dudes that do that, And I just like, yo, if you're happy, man, if you want to shit out here and listen to a podcast while you're girl in there grinding, nigga, who am I to be?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Yo, you broke Like that's a good boyfriend, though, Like, if you don't want to wait, wait, wait wait, if you don't want to come with me, but you want me to be safe, I'm going to have fun.
Speaker 2: You think it's a good boyfriend that's gonna drop you off to a party. Let you go in there dance with a bunch of dudes and he's sitting in there.
Speaker 1: But who says that she's dancing with a bunch of do because that's what they do when they go to parties.
Speaker 2: Baby, d No, that's not always young girls are not dancing at parties.
Speaker 3: How young was shed? She not twenty three? She's not twenty two?
Speaker 2: Were playing Jenga.
Speaker 4: Back in it? But girls, don't you do know that? Especially her era, girls don't really dance with dudes anymore. Like it ain't like your time, like that error they used to get.
Speaker 2: This girl was like twenty one years old. I know she's sitting at a party with a phone like this with her friends.
Speaker 3: She might years ago at a college party.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you they don't dance with men at anymore. Yeah, that was a music video for a hit record. That was a music video.
Speaker 3: Ought to say, No, why you keep saying music video like that was off gn X or something? That was that nigga?
Speaker 2: Hey, now who's the artist?
Speaker 3: It was a music who he did.
Speaker 2: Some corny shit and put out merch with the image Oh he.
Speaker 3: So go ahead.
Speaker 1: Music.
Speaker 4: People will do anything for money. These people will like they don't nobody cares about being lame no more because of money and attention, nobody cares about being lame.
Speaker 1: This is fucked up for this new generation where I feel bad for them. Their entire lives have been recorded. No matter who the fuck they are, they could be the brokest person on earth. Their entire fucking life has been on a phone. The women, wait, we may revere that are the wives of athletes that are quiet and like put together this and that. We don't know what the fuck they was doing because it there was not a camera around at all times. These poor girls. Yeah, she was probably eighteen and a guy she was seeing was like, yo, being my music video, you know me? Fucking women on earth have done that that you wouldn't know, Like just because the song never hit, that's fucked up. Like I feel for this girl now our whole life. Because it was on camera, she's gonna be judged different than another NFL wife that probably did some wilder shit, we just don't know about it. It's fucked up for these kids.
Speaker 4: I was in a music video in college.
Speaker 1: Every he was rapping right now, who's dard One?
Speaker 4: He almost invited you to the fraank stamp. This is this rapper, but he's cool now he's like in this. I think he's like in the school system, but he We had a music video. I was like drunk in it, like up like in the college, like the closet, like they had me up like they put me like up at the top of the closet shelf. It was called Welcome to My Dorm Party. It was a playoff of Welcome to My House.
Speaker 1: Party, okay, And they told you how did you get up in the tubby.
Speaker 4: They lifted me up there. I used to weigh like one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 2: Pounds and then you just lay down when he was sleep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with a cup of my hand.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you got away from that life.
Speaker 4: That was my idea, though, actually I'll bet a producer. Yeah, that was my idea.
Speaker 3: That was your idea.
Speaker 2: They put me up there, yeah, yo, be in the closet. Treat me like a hat. Put me on the top show. Put me on the top show for the closet.
Speaker 4: Treat me like a hat.
Speaker 3: Treat me like a hat.
Speaker 2: This is my moment.
Speaker 3: I could be a hat. Look what so?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now I feel like for the rest of your life you should be judged for that moment, for every decision that you ever make. Any man that you go near, they should bring that up.
Speaker 3: Your gold digger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this podcast, every decision. I'll never get married because of this podcast.
Speaker 2: That's not true. It's close somebody, but you got New Year?
Speaker 4: Would you date a female podcaster?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, seriously, would you marry a female podcaster? It's not the fuck up you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I would Wait why are you say? Why do you say that you would not?
Speaker 4: Bro? You would not?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Why why you would not sit.
Speaker 4: Up there and date a female podcast that I was talking about sitting and spitting for the New Year. You're not doing that.
Speaker 2: You're not doing well sitting and spitting.
Speaker 1: Why do you think every podcast is sitting and spitting on?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Though? Like, she would have to be clear about if it's my girl, she would have to be clear about if now my girls a female positive she's like, YO, New Year, New dick, then I'm gonna have a problem there. But if she's saying like YO, New year me and my man, I'm gonna be sitting and spitting on him more.
Speaker 3: Oh then we're in love. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cool, But you can't just be yelling.
Speaker 3: Out New Year.
Speaker 4: You're not doing that.
Speaker 2: You can't be yelling at New Year, New dick and in a relationship.
Speaker 1: If Sarah from the serial podcast, look you here, If you're not gonna pursue that girl, you're not gonna do that?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: I would she liked to sit and spit? What times she get off?
Speaker 1: You say that? Like all these girls on Instagram on their story aren't revealing these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's different because they not. They not, They're not getting paid for that. They selling pussies, baby d selling Hope. I didn't think of it that way.
Speaker 1: It's a difference and closet space.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she's showing you listen, this is how you compartmentalize. This is your closet design.
Speaker 3: Yo, sitting?
Speaker 1: Is that the Asian chick that says does it mean anything to you? What's that that series where she teaches you how to get everything out of your closet?
Speaker 2: It's fine, you guys, aren't culture?
Speaker 3: Was that on Netflix?
Speaker 2: It should be by now.
Speaker 3: I feel like that.
Speaker 1: As its savory to your life, Like that's the only thing she could say, and if you say yes or no, then it just thrown out on Netflix.
Speaker 2: She treats you.
Speaker 1: She shows you how to like put drunk women in your closet.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't show you that. She shows you how to like make space, keep everything. I feel like that was a Netflix that was on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like we talked about that, like when we was watching it when it came out. Who knows, Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: I don't even know who need to get to voice mails before with Marie Condo.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Was it Netflix? I feel we definitely watched that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah Netflix? Yeah, watched Tidying Up Netflix.
Speaker 1: Did you guys watch anything over the holiday? I did have time finally to like watch some of the big jur number two I watched on Max which was big. And then did you guys watch Carry On with Jason Batam?
Speaker 2: No? I keep seeing every time in one Netflix I see it, I'm like, I want to want to watch it.
Speaker 3: How was it?
Speaker 1: It's It's really good, highly highly suggested. But what's that Kevin Hart movie that we love where he turns into Jason Bourn at the Yeah, which is a great fun movie, it just starts to get it starts to get like a little bit too insane. Yeah, I don't carry on. Is incredible, but at one point you're gonna be like, Okay, we have now went from this could be a really cool storyline. So now we're living in the make belief. Kevin, they stashing dead bodies in t SA rooms. I'm like, all right, man, there's not one camera in sight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's when she get just too unrealistic for me. Kevin Hart killed the niggas with two head shots.
Speaker 1: Two niggas, one hand. No look, I think he even covered his eyes and went like this, you made us.
Speaker 2: Watch this whole thing, and this is how it ends.
Speaker 1: I had a crush on the girl that died. She was only in a few scenes, but even.
Speaker 4: Even dead, she was bad as crazy. I finally watched It ends with us.
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 4: It was good? It was really good. It was it was good. Like knowing all that when I went into it, I had heard about the the things that were going on behind the scenes with Blake Lively and her co star and how they hated each other, suing him right.
Speaker 2: Now, I thought it was a director to proper he was.
Speaker 4: He was her co star in the director or the production company. I think he owned it some nasty yeah, he was like making being weird and stuff and yeah, but the movie came out really good.
Speaker 1: Squid Game two and when started I won episode three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Ever since I've seen mister Beasts do it, I'm like, like when mister when mister Beast did it, it was real, Like you know what I'm saying, I don't want to see the show no more.
Speaker 1: Mister Beasts did a real two game.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 1: He cooked s twitter like he did a No, he.
Speaker 4: Did an entire squid Game and gave away money.
Speaker 1: Did people die?
Speaker 4: No, nobody died.
Speaker 3: It wasn't real.
Speaker 4: I thought, that's but they killed He killed it. He had the whole set like everything.
Speaker 1: No, I gotta see that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Blake Lobby, I'm watching a Gossip Girl that's cute x So, Gossip Girl, do you like it so far?
Speaker 4: How about you to watch grays Anatomy if you watch it, gossip Girl, I've watched Anatomy. You saw it, but did you watch it from the beginning? Like, really watch it?
Speaker 2: I watched it up until I didn't I didn't finish Grays Anatomy. I think I'll stopped the second season before the last.
Speaker 4: There is no last season still, it's still no, it's still going. It's on season twenty.
Speaker 1: I thought Grays Anatomy is still so why did all the women cry? Like two years ago? I thought it was done done. That's because the main one of the main characters died it George Clooney. Just when did the Oceans movies? That was a r okay, no, same thing.
Speaker 4: It's going into like season twenty one right now. I think Damn Gray's Anatomy is still on. Yeah, that's why you like when it ended. I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not gonna finish that shit.
Speaker 4: It stops being good around season sixteen seventeen, so just go up to there.
Speaker 2: Season sixteen is at that point. It's like saying, all right, wrap this shit up.
Speaker 4: Manna, I love it. You gotta watch it. Watch it from the beginning.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna finish Gossip Girl first. I like it.
Speaker 1: For the people that are not on Patreon. We have two sitcom TV show drafts. We split them up by race naturally, of course, and I was thinking over the holiday break that we were completely wrong. I do feel like sitcoms need a live studio audience. Like I don't know if The Office is a sitcom.
Speaker 4: Bro, the Office is a sitcom.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: I was watching The Office over the break and I was like, this is just a hilarious comedy series. I feel like a sitcom in introspect needs the studio audience. I think that's what makes that.
Speaker 2: It's not fair, Like you have a set.
Speaker 1: There's only like three different fucking sets.
Speaker 2: But that's not fair because if you're gonna do that, then the live a color as a sitcom. And you said it was you said it was sketch comedy. That's a live audience.
Speaker 1: But that's sketch. Like Chappelle's show was live audience, but that's a sketch show.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 1: SNL has a live audience. That's a sketch showed to me.
Speaker 2: All that. But you're saying you feel like sitcoms need to have a live audience.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't make or break it. I'm not saying anything with a live studio Like Martha Stewart had a live studio audience. The View has a live studio audience. I'm not saying that makes it a sitcom, But I feel like a sitcom needs those three interchanging sets and a live studio audience in retrospect.
Speaker 2: No way, if you feel like Curb your Enthusiasm is not a sitcom, I don't think so. Get the fuck you crazy, bro.
Speaker 1: Everything I said on Patreon, which is two amazing episodes.
Speaker 4: Is amy there. No, No, that's not I think show was not a sitcom.
Speaker 2: No, what the fucking what are y'all talking about right now?
Speaker 3: Chris Fox was not a sitcom?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you sound crazy.
Speaker 1: That's a sitcom, Friends, sitcom, Seinfeld sitcom, Chris.
Speaker 3: Everybody hates Chris.
Speaker 4: Just because the original way that they did sitcoms with the live studio audience. It doesn't mean that that's only Bernie macoms and then that means there will never be another sitcom again, just because they changed the way they did.
Speaker 1: Sit crazy, But did Gerrard Carmichael Show, which more recent that was a sitcom to me in the modern era.
Speaker 4: There was no live studio audience. It had a laugh track. It was not a live studio audience.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I guess I'm saying more laugh track than anything. I don't know, just my thoughts of with a break of we we maybe had it completely wrong.
Speaker 2: Nah, Man, you read you read a comment or two, and now you feel like.
Speaker 1: Obviously did not read a single comment about anything.
Speaker 2: Man, Curby Enthusiasm is a sitcom. I don't want to care what y'all told him. Great, Everybody Hates Chris is a sitcom.
Speaker 4: Everybody Hates Chris is definitely a fucking sitcom.
Speaker 2: Y'all are tripping. I don't know, man, y'all crazy as fuck.
Speaker 3: You've got mail?
Speaker 5: How do y'all make the difference? How do y'all know the difference between a hole that's for you and a hole that you only fucking Is it a difference sexually in what she giving you?
Speaker 2: I don't fully understand this question.
Speaker 5: Y'all both seem like some cool niggas like y'a would like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'll kind of fly or whatever he high right now.
Speaker 5: It seemed like y'all will kind of play in the same streets as well, Like are y'all asking brothers? I feel like I ain't never heard y'all speak on that. That was a rocker with y'all up.
Speaker 4: So his first original question, his first original question.
Speaker 2: How do you know what hole is for?
Speaker 1: You, It was a profound question if you get if you peel back the layers, that was an onion.
Speaker 4: Question, like if she if she like, if she a whole, like she really doing like, you know, whole shit in the bedroom. How do you know that? How do you know the difference between a whole that's just for fun or a hole that you should take seriously, it's a.
Speaker 1: Hole for you? Oh God, tell her that hole for you?
Speaker 3: So if so?
Speaker 2: Basically, if she's a freaking bedroom, yeah, but how do you know she just being freaky with you and not just out here freaking with everybody?
Speaker 4: How do you know what holds are worth with our worth ignoring the wholeness for like, how do you know this hole is for you?
Speaker 1: That's how I took it, as when do you start ignoring that You know for a fact that this woman has been for the streets for a while, but you like this whole a lot. What are the deciding factors?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a tough question to ask me, because I feel like, if I know a hole is for the streets, I'm not even entertaining her or even letting it get to a point where I feel like, Yo, noa she my hops.
Speaker 4: About and mall, I think he's talking about like normal hole. I think what you're thinking is what a normal so so I think he's talking.
Speaker 2: About a woman more than one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a girl that she's not She's not innocent, right, but she's not fucking out here just fucking anybody or for the streets. But she has she's not a fucking her number.
Speaker 1: Her number would make you uncomfortable, but it's not anything that's crazy, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like she's like you like damn, like I really like this girl like that type shit, not like the not the girl I got passed around by the homemies. Like I think that's what he's asking, Like, yo, like how do I know that? Like this hole is for me?
Speaker 1: Or she's she spent a lot of twenty fifteen on vacation with no real sense of income.
Speaker 4: No, those aren't see that's those are.
Speaker 1: That was in twenty fifteen. It's four different holes.
Speaker 4: Just normal regular hole like regular people holes, y'all be experienced.
Speaker 1: Well, First of all, Instagram has changed that aspect. Regular assholes are in Abiza right now with everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Monday, like it used to be the it used to be the elite ones.
Speaker 1: The elite ones have that's been ran through these everyone's finding the regular holes. Now it'd be chicks from I'm.
Speaker 2: Like foreigner followers up here for ten years.
Speaker 1: How the fuck is you out there?
Speaker 2: I don't know how.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess it ultimately comes down to if you're kicking it with a well that too. But if you're kicking it with a girl and you know her history and you know you know however, you know, however you introduced to her kind of got the car facts on her. I think you just make your own, you know, like, if what you all right? Cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know she was bopping around, but fuck it, I like her. I've seen dudes do that. But it's like, yo, you know you like? I ain't she cool? Though? What can I say to that makes me happy? It's subjective, man. If you cool and no matter what her history is and you know who dated her and all have fun.
Speaker 1: Man, it's very hard to find people that you actually like. That's a very difficult thing. She happens to have a past, you know, keep pushing.
Speaker 4: Love is rare.
Speaker 2: Just don't ask questions.
Speaker 4: It's rare. Love and happiness are rare. If you find somebody who makes you happy and that you click with, don't be worried about what the fucking happened ten years ago, Like that's you're wasting your time.
Speaker 2: I mean it does. I mean you can't ignore what happened because you got to look at what happened to kind of know, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you gotta look where you've been to know where you're going.
Speaker 2: Right, you gotta kind of just make the you know, have discernment. I think a lot of people don't have discernment, have discernment, like, yeah, she's she was out in the street, she was playing around.
Speaker 3: Dated a few guys, you know, whatever. Whatever.
Speaker 2: But if you're kicking with her, you spending time with her, that may be a part of her life that she's closed and she's done with and she want to really be with one person to have a great time, fun, laugh, you'll laugh together, you know.
Speaker 1: If if it's like that and you fall in love, I mean, not to get too deep for the end of the year, but sometimes you have to look in the mirror and say, what is a stream? I don't define what that is. Yeah, what your definition of a hoe is could be your own internal shit.
Speaker 2: And she's not.
Speaker 1: Really a hoe, or she's a super hoe and you're okay with that. Yeah, you don't get to define what the definition of ho is just in your ego maniac fucking brain. You think because she slept with one person you happy to fucking know and had one summer where she went a little crazy. You don't get to define what the cost of a stream is. You're you're not Spotify. You don't define her past as being a hoe. If you like the girl, you like the girl, just take the exchange rate and keep it pushing if you like your album.
Speaker 2: But the problem I have with that is when dudes all get with a girl like that that has a history, has a pass and now they feel like, you know, this is my girl, and then they find out she out here still seeing other guys, and then they want to go to violence and home the girl.
Speaker 3: But it's like, nigge, you knew she was.
Speaker 1: There's a difference between hoe and a cheaterah, And of course those lines can blend, but there's plenty Some of the quote unquote biggest that would be deemed the biggest hoes that I know are typically the most loyal girlfriends, best girlfriends, like they be in the streets when they single, when it's time shit to be in a relationship, they're my man, my man, my man, my man.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, that's her man. But I'm not saying that, ain't your man, your man, your man?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Like I like the hose that I know, And I'm talking about hoes that like were hoe and since they were like twelve thirteen years old, like this is in them?
Speaker 3: Who is howe? And since twelve thirteen years.
Speaker 4: Old, plenty plenty plenty believe me? Oh yeah, like dedicated holes. They make the greatest wives, like they're because they got all their shit out the way, like they've been doing it for so long. That shit is baby an owl chilling. Maybe the girl that you that got her heart broken by a nigga recently and she been a good girl her whole life and a nigga did her dirty and she got that that impurity in her heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's she's never known what the false glamor of being in the streets is like, she's never been on a vacation, she didn't earn she's never had the opportunity to just be in a d mL. You want to fly to fucking turks that bring all your friends. Here's let's go to the fucking private airport. She don't even know about that, so she goes crazy because she's never experienced those things. The hope been doing that since she was eighteen.
Speaker 3: I just don't think yours.
Speaker 2: I just don't think people give enough credit to the amount of women that are out here that don't have a whole past that are cool as well. I think I kind of act like those women are extinct.
Speaker 1: I think we've been trying to tell you that that's the case. No, I've been explaining to you that I know that.
Speaker 2: There's cool girls out here that don't have whole past. Most of the times they're either already in relationships taking like you know, she like that. But I I just think that if somebody poses a question like that, I think it's because just be honest, you like holes, and it's okay to like hose.
Speaker 1: But they came on here and said he likes promiscuous women.
Speaker 2: I thought that was great. Who Clay? He said his ths is type. He likes those type of women, And that's fine. Like, if that's what you like, yo, day, who you like man, that's it's twenty. We're gonna twenty twenty five date who you like. It doesn't even matter anymore, whoever you like, whoever you in love with, whoever you want to be with, no matter who you with, If somebody gonna talk about you, they're gonna talk.
Speaker 1: About the aliens are gonna come in twenty twenty five, and nobody is gonna give a fuck about who she fucked in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the alien, Right, if you fucking alien? I don't know because like you know what I'm saying, Like, if you fucking alien, I don't think I could get past that type shit because like what if you not pleased with me? Like what if the alien has some fire? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, did the alien like run in my my friend circle?
Speaker 2: Like was he around?
Speaker 1: Does the alien know people that I know that it could get back to me and affects like my future with her? Like are they gonna be with bring at the alien mixer? Like, yo, fam he with her?
Speaker 2: Y'all joking, But it's gonna come to a point where we.
Speaker 1: We flew out to Area fifty one and got busy with her.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start walking past aliens like a normal day in Manhattan. I think we're doing it now. Yeah, like alien on the corner, it's the alien over the everybody taking pictures of it. I believe that's where it's headed. And I'm dead serious. How they can be walking hitting picture with the naked cowboy and Tom Square. It's gonna be like an It's gonna be an alien. Yeah, and people can be like, oh shit, they're real like yeah, like yeah, they're not harmful, they just chilling.
Speaker 1: Like it'll get to that point eventually.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get into this conversation with Elliott Wilson got into some yearine wrap up shit, some arguments we had depressed Elliott, Where's b dot?
Speaker 3: Where is b dot?
Speaker 1: What's up with this new West Coast podcast? And you know it was. It was a cool conversation. Always fun to have Elliott on, especially to end the year. Happy New Year. Everyone, have a safe night. It's amateur night. Please please be safe.
Speaker 2: Be safe, be blessed. Happy twenty twenty five. How you lemon and drink lemon? Because I am a lemon ginger? Yeah, living life, nigga? It helps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck, it's just adding in a It's like my steroids.
Speaker 2: There's a little lemon thing right.
Speaker 1: But we are back for the last episode of twenty twenty four, right before New Year's Eve, and we figured because he traveled all the way from the left coast the left side.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. When I woke up this morning, you looked outside the window roor you know what I'm saying. I have my cuple cup of cup of coffee. Yeah, I said, you know, for a little oppy outside. I didn't.
Speaker 1: It was overcast is that way.
Speaker 2: It was a little gloomy. It was like I didn't know if it was raining. It was a little drizzle.
Speaker 1: It felt like someone brought like some smoths on the west coast, you know, over to the east coast the side could this would.
Speaker 2: Be the holiday, you know, the holiday kind of like depression when the holidays here, the ending and in the end of the year, and you know, you start metaphor saying this is the I didn't know what it was. And then version of it. As I'm sitting in the office today, Rory, the elevator door is open, yes, And Elliott Wilson gets off the elevator and I'm like, yes.
Speaker 1: Oh, West Coast Wilson, which he coined himself by.
Speaker 2: The way he coined himself West Coast Wilson. I mean, listen, if that's what you coin yourself, I'm here to call you that man. Thank you West Coast Wilson for joining us. You. I've been waiting for this face to face. Let's go. I'm ready.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting. I'm just listen, man. My energy is.
Speaker 2: Exactly. I love, I love everybody, love you exactly. So I'm just happy to finally be able to sit here and talk to you face fit and laugh about the year.
Speaker 3: It's been.
Speaker 2: It felt like five years, right, This one year has felt like five Every time he and Rory talk about something, it's like, wait, that happened this year? It's crazy, Oh do.
Speaker 1: You get years? Do fly by twenty twenty four? Did not know this ship felt long?
Speaker 2: Marathon lot a lot has helping this happen this year. But all jokes aside of this is good to see you, thank you, welcome, welcome to I.
Speaker 3: Know Marlin's really fuck with a lot of guests, true. I mean, I'm like the main American niggas like that. He does love for that. My god shout like mal was shut it down. It's like Rory, He's like Okay, come to the program. But like Marlin's not like a lot of guests, so I respect it.
Speaker 2: Not that I don't like a lot of guests. I just don't want to have guests on that either me or Rory kind of don't really have I don't have to get to know people on cameras me. I'm just not I'd rather have some type of rapport in real life away from the camera.
Speaker 1: And you guys have a lot of years in do you feel like there was a bit of a shift in twenty twenty four. I'm here just to be like the couple's counselor with everything, well, just of who Elliott aligned himself with. Ironically, because the last time we were the last time we were all together.
Speaker 2: What is the last time he was on went together?
Speaker 1: Me and Elliott have had dinner plenty of times. I see him all the time. That's my man. But on Mike to the public, the last time we were all together we were in Paul's a hot ash trailer at Maide in America, in the du s trailer.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: The last time we had shot we had view Elliott and beat out as rap Radar.
Speaker 2: Did me first and then didn me and be that. After that, I double so we should.
Speaker 1: Have said the divide at that point, Elliott his solo and his that was too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I pulled the home we love.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course it's weird beat out from my understanding, lives on the East coast.
Speaker 2: And we have another chair. Yeah, we're not short of chairs.
Speaker 3: What's up, man, let's get let's start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm saying a lot of Elliott and DJ Head. You know what I'm saying, shout the head, that's my god. But it's like, what's going what?
Speaker 3: What theory you think that? I started the show with DJ had called the Bigger Picture.
Speaker 1: It's recorded.
Speaker 3: I'm more already like gonna be asked with the boy going forward? Right? Yeah, I say, yeah, there we go. He said, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this guy has been doing media for so long. Look at how he deflected. I asked about that his partner. He said, Yo, DJ Head, I can't even fun with drink.
Speaker 2: DJ Head and the boys.
Speaker 3: I said, I love that.
Speaker 2: I said, Brian Miller, you love Brian Miller legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. What's up though?
Speaker 2: Where where's y'all working relationship? At first of all, where's your personal relationship. At my guy, when's the last time you spoke to him?
Speaker 3: You saw him?
Speaker 2: You tricked us. I thought there was a big return with Christmas. Was like, well that's nothing, dame. It's like nigga, if I saw if somebody saw Rory on camera with you know, a J whoever every fucking week you can say, DJ head, yeah, DJ head.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Somebody would ask Rory. But you like, Yo, what's where moll?
Speaker 4: What's up with a?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I love to be that you said, that's the.
Speaker 3: Podcast is iconic. Of course. You know, we get the right situation, we rack at it. You know what I'm saying, Like, we gotta get the right paperwork, right, okay, right, okay?
Speaker 2: Legendary like baby, what's up?
Speaker 4: Profit partners? Huh? Are your profit part?
Speaker 3: Of course? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I think co owners.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, whatever it is like, you got.
Speaker 2: No time, no wohdy. He wears a dou rag all the time.
Speaker 1: You got them in three.
Speaker 3: That's not south Side ship. That's the Jamaica ship. I can't we get along the south Side on wood Side. It's tough. So y'all.
Speaker 2: Everything is cool on the personal level, but everything on the person level. Y'all good, We're good, okay, just making sure so.
Speaker 3: We get the deal right, you hit the best interviews, like that's thing. It's like, Yo, no interviews anymore. It's like, Yo, we just kind of interviews. You just don't like the new interviews. Hello, you've been very vocal.
Speaker 2: You're disdained.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's I think it's obviously the podcast space is completely different financially for everybody. I don't care whose part it is. Yeah, the times have changed, so I can obviously see that being a thing. You guys both have other ship going on. But to the most point, let's say it was the old podcast boom in twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen. Is there a space for real interviews anymore? Does anyone actually want to sit with two journalists.
Speaker 2: And well even one?
Speaker 3: But that's why I mean, because I got Eli Wilson experience launching January seventh, Rockgnations powered me a soul Wilee who I got a Lee Snoop, your favorite Leon Thomas, Thank you de Rory for pull up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, So, yeah, I think that hasn't be a space for the I fl me. I think it does.
Speaker 2: I think there is a there is a space still for the traditional interview journalism type of thing. I just think that you caught some slack online because you know, coming from the era we're from. Yeah, you know, I we used to stand. I used to stand in the corner store and remagazines all day.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't never paid. I just used to read them. And then you know, you steal the ship. It counts as to sell. Yeah, yeah, if you still right, So we come from that.
Speaker 5: But you.
Speaker 2: You this is a win win, So you do have to understand how in twenty twenty three, twenty four things have changed. Yes, media has changed. Technology has made it to where people enjoy things differently. Now people want to sit and watch somebody's stream and just be in.
Speaker 3: The house and do whatever.
Speaker 2: And if a celebrity pulls up to kick it with them on they stream, people watch it. They like, Yes, it doesn't have to be the prototypical Hey, let's sit down, let's talk. Let's yeah, people, people people like to I think, you know, for celebrities and things like that, I think they they rather feel more comfortable in that ease instead of sitting somewhere and feeling like they're being grilled. Yeah, what's going and you spoke out about you know, your feelings on that, and it bothers me.
Speaker 3: But why does it bother you? Because it's like there needs to be a balance. I think when you put an album out, for example, any artists, right, you put an album out, I don't think the album is like your own reflection of it. I think you need to talk about your art, what you did to somebody you trust, some respect, like as it gets lost. Without that, it's just like one album, like oh with the album out, Freddie Gibbs, y'all shod with Freddie Gibs album right all day? Freddie gives Freddy gis he don't want to talk to nobody.
Speaker 2: It's like, yo, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: But I think Freddy's comes from just more disdain for being in the industry for ten years and a lot of shit going on. Absolutely with that.
Speaker 3: But there's an imbalance in the game where I think it's odd.
Speaker 1: And I've defended you all year when it was you verse the streamers just because you my man's but I am here to say that my issue is that you haven't leaned all the way into it because I agree with you. There's still it's okay to have our favorite artists go and have fun on a stream and do a sleepover with Kai. I think it's incredible, But there needs to be somewhat of a balance, especially in a time where if we don't get an interview, we don't know anything about your life. And rappers are more celebrities than they are musicians now. If I don't get a hove in Drake nas, if I don't get any of those interviews, I can go to the album them and find out where they're at in their life. That's how you get attached as a fan to an artist. Now they're more celebrity than they are a musician, so who you are as a person is way more important. I think to sit down interview is what people y'all not talking about shit in your music.
Speaker 2: I can't get any type of connection.
Speaker 3: Why so cool? We all media now?
Speaker 2: But then by those talks of media, it's like it's a balance.
Speaker 1: I mean media is only interviewing media because I feel like the fans shifted and I think we saw that the most. And I don't want to get in a full blown Kendrick Drake thing, but we saw that we saw that in May, the complete shift. It was right in front of our faces that these people are fans of content, they're not fans of music, and a lot of those fans are fans of media people. Even though we talk about music, we do talk about a bunch of other shit. It's very much a lifestyle, content based game with podcasting and streaming. Like as much as I do want to hear from Kai about music, that's like a miniscule part of Kai's brand, from Kai Kai's brand, not his opinion on what a Cardi song is. So these fans are interested in media and messy media shit, in media talking to other media, less than the artists because the artists aren't as interesting maybe as we once thought they were.
Speaker 3: Well, we have to have the end of that balance the commentary, right, like we have commentary all day, but it's like, Yo, where's the conversation with these people that are making the art? But do you think where's that balance? Like there's no balance anymore.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's a lot of artists that have good teams behind them that are telling them don't go do that because people have a different view of you. When you have to do a long form I saw with the presidency shit where everyone was saying, Yo, Trump did a great thing by going with Rogan. People got to know him for three hours, not talk about politics.
Speaker 2: Yes to carry a three hour.
Speaker 1: Conversation, and commlish team said they didn't want to do that because it was exposing too much of who she really was. She can't control a three hour interview. I think people are getting the same advice to their artists, whether it be Labe. We know how you are when you're not on a microphone, everyone's going to dislike you. So if you have to do a two hour interview with someone that's really a journalist, if I'm managing an artist I know is not built for that, I'm definitely gonna tell that.
Speaker 2: And why are you prepare to tell the truth?
Speaker 3: Like is Drake prepared to have a real conversation about everything went on? Like Kendrick Cole? Are they prepared right now to have a real conversation?
Speaker 2: Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Okay, probably, But why would they owe that this soon?
Speaker 2: Even though I would know it.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that they're not ready for it. I don't think right now.
Speaker 2: But why do you say they're not ready for it?
Speaker 3: Because it requires so much honesty of like really looking at the whole landscape of what happened, the introspection of it. It's like, yo, we're not there yet.
Speaker 1: But with people like Cole and Drake, I think we're going to get that in the music on the next album, both of them. So yeah, of course I want them to sit down and have to really answer to certain question. I would love for Kendrick to sit with someone and someone straight up asks do you really think Drake is better about Like I want those questions of course, yeah, but with them out there as much because they will put that in the music. These younger artists, the don't saying ship either, So where is the connection?
Speaker 2: Arts don't even know how to talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just saying they're not doing because they don't want to.
Speaker 2: Half of these young artists speak, don't even how to talk. But y'all say that.
Speaker 1: But there's also this other group of artists that are now content creators their media. Like we we always do the City Girl number seven as a joke, but she is young, Miami is good at what she does. For the purpose of it. There is still a side and those people that could do great interviewers are now becoming the media.
Speaker 3: Yes, everybody's media. Someone Walker's media. Cameron is running a bud, He's Stephen A Smith. It's what we're dealing with.
Speaker 2: What they're saying, like he Stephen and why he's not running around like Cameron he's That's what people be mad at you about when you say ship like that, which I think he should lean out. Be the old villain, you know what I'm saying. That's why I think people be mad at you. Cam is running around like like he Stephen Smith. Why is this journalist because he has an opinion.
Speaker 1: But him and Mason proved to have a good having a job and really check because the bag is there.
Speaker 2: Elliott, you don't think that we all come from the culture of we all sit around in our neighborhoods in front of our buildingssts. I'm just saying, we all sit around and our groups with our friends talk about music. That's all.
Speaker 3: That's all these guys are doing right now.
Speaker 1: But that's not fair, is Shannon Sharper journalists?
Speaker 2: No, But that's that's the that's the easier experience from it.
Speaker 3: That's where the athlete becomes the media. That's the easier Charles Barker that's easier transition.
Speaker 2: So why is it easier for the athlete but not the artists?
Speaker 3: It's not easier, But I don't like it because, like you imagine, like this is the ship I do well and not everybody want to do it, and you don't like.
Speaker 2: It because you feel like they're not coming to the journalists to have that which affects your bottom.
Speaker 3: Ever do is me with that? So then you want to be that off celebrity of whatever. So I could talk about that. I don't like that ship and not be a It's reality. I don't like it. You don't like it because you don't think they're good at it. I know I'm better at it. It's me, it's my life.
Speaker 4: But Elliott think you better at it because in this day and age, it's just not about getting the information right. It's about who's more entertaining. So who are you to say I'm better at this than them when I'll.
Speaker 3: Prove it to you I'm better than you, Like I'm the best emble informs?
Speaker 4: Are you better at telling a story? Are you accurate?
Speaker 3: They're not better? Like cringe worthy? I want say ship, it's not good popping this pop? What's the camera interview was like you Cameron really asked the questions, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No, but what what interview to Cam take away from something of let's let's say where the hip hop Even if law and I are on journalists, we're still in hip hop media. You are a hip hop journalist. What interview to Cam take away from us?
Speaker 3: They have celebrity has access to different things that I may not have.
Speaker 2: And again I do feel like the underperformed see.
Speaker 1: I think I have to play it's to push me back there because you have had twenty five years of relationships with double Interview, the three Majors where Cam, Yes, Camus is celebrity and has, you know, relationships for him being in the game for thirty years, but you have direct relationships with the Majors that the rest of the podcasting world never had, So you still do have that. I think we have to go back to the period at the end of the sentence of what the fans want and with Cam or Young Young Miami, maybe they just want to be entertained. With Kai, they just want to be entertained. They don't want to be they don't want to be informed.
Speaker 3: The access goes to them above me. That's the problem I have. That's what it comes down to. You see what I'm saying because it seems sexy, like Yo, Cam's the sports reporter.
Speaker 1: Now, hey, okay, but let's not act like that's not always been hip hop or entertainment at the time. We've seen things that were hot and then failed immediately. But at that time, that was the hot shit that people went to.
Speaker 2: And like any job, you don't have to fail. It's all good.
Speaker 3: They can do the thing. I'm just saying, like, Yo, I'm competing. I want a shot. I mean this, I'm still here. I want to compete.
Speaker 2: But that I mean that goes back. But now you sound like the old nigga in the park that don't get picked up no more. And I don't want to be that, right Yeah, but I'm not. And I'm not saying that you are that because it's I know your work. I'm from New York City, I know Elliott Wilson's work. But I'm just I'm just I do understand. At the same time, like there was a time where what I was into growing up, you know, my parents and my uncle's Dave was kind of like, yo, what is that you listen to that's great. It wasn't fly to be media. No, that's a fact, Niga media.
Speaker 3: That's a fact. You built the whole foundation. It wasn't yeah, but that you did that you won't for y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah was a fly that plus the format changing, whether it is that because print was cool, but it was never sexy because it was just I.
Speaker 3: Mean, as far as I could back then with double axel right, it wasn't that fly.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you, And this is why I was defending you all year. You adapted and why I think people like Kai and other streamers should look at you because I watched you since I was a kid, adapt to the new shit. Every time the source was the source. It was the only thing dead, or that was it the Bible. There could never be another magazine. Shifted went to double XL. Everyone was blackballed. All right, I'll go with the people that are black balled. Here you go, here's fifty cent on a cover Double XL, like you always shifted with that. Then when the blogs came, even though you pissed off not Right and everyone else because they felt like you were late to the party, to the regular consumer, you were radar game. But then how all those bloggers viewed you, I think is how you're viewing someone like Cameron, because you have all the connections and relationships that maybe sk Low Mech and them didn't have, but you still looked like somebody that was at the forefront of shifting to blogs. Then we made podcasts and popping then rap Rate our podcast game, and you took god knows how many interviews from us.
Speaker 2: But you continue to adapt well.
Speaker 1: So that's that's why I'm shocked to hear the things that you're saying now, because I only know you to adapt.
Speaker 3: And you're right now. I'm in the process of adapting. I got my own Ellie Wilson experience. Things popping off January seventh interviews, big opicions you had, Jeremy Hack, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm out here, and I.
Speaker 1: Think what you guys have done this year with the elephant in the room about it and Kendrick Wilson. I know your West Coast Wilson.
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's most Wilson is crazy.
Speaker 3: Let me let me just put yourself. West Coast Wilson is absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: You've been in LA how many years now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not even two years?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: Cole it West Coast. You East Village Radio is like a state, Like, what do we the West Coast Wilson?
Speaker 2: You abandoned the East Village Radio?
Speaker 1: I think I think Drake walked in the East Village. No securities do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oliver Aldolo like mad, let's let's get to let's get get because I have some So, so what's up man? Because I honestly I feel like had Elliott Wilson not been relocated and living in on the West Coast in California, I feel like your stance on a lot of the whole Kendrick Drake shit would be different.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, I feel like it was by proxy.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: It's palm trees and sunshine. It's pretty women. You know, it's like it's sixties outside.
Speaker 3: And see what I'm saying, it's pru's outside fucking as much I'm West Coast Wilson, now you know what I'm saying. Like, I feel like if Elliott was still living in New York City, I don't feel like your stance on a lot of things will be what it.
Speaker 2: Is right now. I'm gonna be honest, I don't think so. I love you. I received that therapist said, I received, but no speed to it, though. How much of it is because you were on the way, you felt that energy, you felt that you know the entire comic.
Speaker 3: You only disappointed that our guy, the boy lost his battle. But why do you feel like he lost the battle because he never viewed him as a worthy opponent underestimated his opponents.
Speaker 2: He's like, yo, I take this seriously. Now we disagreed. Now we got our first disagreement. We got our first disagreement of the night. I'm on the opposite side of that. I feel like he doesn't catches on his level. I don't see I don't believe that he does not know he still doesn't. I don't think still does. I don't think Drake engages with anybody unless he feels like they're worthy.
Speaker 3: No, but he turned every twenty v one everything with everything he did was that literally a family mass. I gotta get serious bout I gotta even focus family matters. He says that about the ship.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 1: That's because the part of family matters was from the beat of push ups, and it felt like he probably had most of that on already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then continued on.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't like Kendrick is a dreat to me. He could be greater than me. Drake never thought that, So I just.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's replying to the twenty v one ship unless Kendrick is involved in it, or Kendrick was the one that said something on like that. If like that doesn't have Kendrick, I don't think he's replying to the Weekend with I think it's just gonna be a sub future, just a sub. I don't think we get the Metro. Shut your hoo ass up. I don't think we get any of the twenty v one if Kendrick's not.
Speaker 3: We know Kendrick always wanted to like have the battle with dude, to try to tear him down, but everything then he was never like he's my opponent. So when he when he challenges me, I'm gonna like get him right.
Speaker 2: Well you started. You know what I'm saying makes sense? Right? I thought to what Kendrick and Drake tension was your fault?
Speaker 1: Okay, control verse control vers came out. Everyone laughed about it. Mac Miller put out a beautiful everyone that was really, can I still use like verbs and similes or something?
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 2: Matt said something fucking hilarious. A lot of people took.
Speaker 1: It with a grain of salt that it was just competition. You interviewed Drake live after nothing was the same, and Drake sounded I'm not saying this was the case. I'm just observing as a fan. Sounded like he was a bit in his feelings because his temperament changed, and said, you remember any other line off that.
Speaker 2: Which is cool.
Speaker 1: He's entitled to do that. That started everything to me when he was on stage with you.
Speaker 2: Damn. So what would you what would you like to see Drake do it? Post battle? Would review him?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: Let's get to it, same city, same city in Toronto. You're in Toronto at the Rogers Center, Kendrick is five hours from performing. Let's let's not.
Speaker 1: Put you at the Rogers Center. Let's put you in Let's put you in the Marriott.
Speaker 2: Let's put you in a beautiful hotel in Toronto. Let's put you at the one Hotels. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it, and.
Speaker 2: You get a text from Kendrick. Yo, listen, I have a window from five to six. I'm open, big window. Can I do you want to do an interview?
Speaker 3: Real quick? Yes?
Speaker 2: And you say, okay, cool, I'm on my way. Ten minutes later, Drake text you to say you're listen. I'm flying out at seven pm. I'm free five to six. If you want to get this interview real quick, let me know. I'll send a car for you.
Speaker 1: He can find a loophole on this one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna change it.
Speaker 1: Just about both them. Text you at four thirty pm. At five pm, I'll pushing one back.
Speaker 2: I'm getting both. I do five. I can't push nothing back? Which taking How you can't You don't have the power to push Kendrick lamar Drake.
Speaker 3: I'm taking Drake. I'm taking Drake above Kendrick. Yeah. More.
Speaker 2: Why because that's the story.
Speaker 4: Drake is the one who has to like respond now Kendrick, He's had to say nobody cares what.
Speaker 2: I said, Drake. There's more questions that.
Speaker 3: We have interview. Could we never see him be the like like catch you just keep it real, let's go keep let's go mom.
Speaker 2: Why would you take that interview? Why would you take the Drake interview? And don't tell me it's because people want to hear from Drake while.
Speaker 3: We who Kendrick is in terms of his legacy compared to him.
Speaker 2: That's the big battle.
Speaker 3: We know, it's the big free It's like Kendrick Drake call, what is Kenjing Me to his legacy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Because you know he's an icon, he's great, But what is Kenjing Me? Is he a worthy rival?
Speaker 2: Who is he to him?
Speaker 3: Obviously he's a worthy rival. He battled, but he never treated that nigga like he was. That's why he lost. I'm telling you every time, and I got back and listen, I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I don't know this stuff is true. But from the West Coast affiliates to Kendrick, people that have like a one degree of separation relationship with him or direct to have given me damn near every question I had about what was happening that week in May. Do you agree with your co hosts on four or five Radar.
Speaker 3: That what Radar.
Speaker 1: That all of us need to move all our music to ninety bpm because Kendrick Lamar want a rap battle.
Speaker 2: Shot DJ head out look, we love j It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Don you guys start that show without the battle because we've had had in our green rooms before all the time.
Speaker 3: I think he has a great I told me and the boy would never be because I started the show with him as the opp because he challenged. He challenged Drag at the time, we can push ups. When it first came out, is it a real record? You're putting it out academics was playing it. It wasn't real. Had challenged him like, Yo, it's your record, claim it, bring it to streaming. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 1: I think I have a great question to put the bowl on this conversation because I am a man without a country. I have no flag in this. But this has been a conversation post.
Speaker 2: Battle and.
Speaker 1: For how DJ and had Man was because I don't want to use caping any of those weird words. I think DJ Head just is a fan of Kendrick Lamar and has a relationship and he's always defended the West Coast forever. That's been head way before this bat. Yes, people have been saying that Kendrick Oh's DJ Head some form of an interview, and people have said Drake os Mall or even act some type of interview that I wanted to ask both of you'll opinion on that. I never felt like that's an artist owed someone.
Speaker 3: But but we started this conversation with Elliot saying he's pissed it.
Speaker 1: These artists aren't sitting down with people and it fly Yo, we helped in a battle from some certain platform.
Speaker 3: Or there's too much media, say that there's too much media without the conversation of like with the artists. Some sense that it's an imbalance, right, we admit it's one way. We commentary all day. There's no conversation and no engagement. It's an imbalance.
Speaker 2: Not cool.
Speaker 3: Like I think if you put a record out, like that's one thing. But like Dac, like I put the record on and I talk about it, It's like like why, Like you're voling yourself, Like what what was my man's mind with gn X, Like what like talk about the album? Like to people like why why is it cool to not do interviews?
Speaker 2: Why is it cool for not to talk to us when everybody wants to be immedia? Right now?
Speaker 1: I thought, this is the Scissen and Kendrick interview was great. Did you see the only thing that they clipped? There's pages and pages of amazing conversation between two superstar artists that are both in their almost mid thirties, that are going through life changes that was an incredible combo.
Speaker 2: What was clipped bullshit? Right?
Speaker 1: Three sentences of fucking nonsense. So even artists that would sit down and have a real intellectual conversation or even sit with someone because I know Sissa and Kendrick obviously have years and years of a relationship outside of just music, even that gets clipped to bullshit.
Speaker 2: So why I would.
Speaker 3: Point to me like, I don't feel like it has been clipped that way? With the rap Raider with jay Z, sure Will Smith Drake like it's not been clipped that way.
Speaker 1: So but again, different times, because you're looking at twenty sixteen and hip hop now lives in one year is five years, or I could even argue one year is ten years. The way things move twenty sixteen was a different time. And even with a lot of that four four four interview that I is one of my favorites ever in podcasting, a lot of the bullshit was clipped to. And then when he did it, when he did the New York Times and sat like this for three hours, which I have no idea how he did that.
Speaker 2: They clipped cheating rumors.
Speaker 1: He said amazing things in the New York Times article. It's always going to be clipped with the bullshit at this point. So I get the frustration of even artists that don't want to sit. Do I think it's odd that Drake did the aid and raw shit instead?
Speaker 2: Sure, but.
Speaker 1: That's the time we're in now.
Speaker 3: Sit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Should I complain about the artist or should I complain about the time we don't even need to make it Drake's Pacific. Should I complain about the audience and the error we're in, or should I be mad at the artists for making the decision that's better for their career in the time that we're living in. At the time when double XL was popping, Yeah, it made sense for an artist to go have a write up from Elliott Wilson. They would did what was right for their career. That now, whether we like it or not, is what the streamers are.
Speaker 3: They're making a better You actually an artist yourself, right, So you make an album, it's like, yo, you don't feel like you should go anywhere to explain Look about your album.
Speaker 1: Go look at my go look at my minuscule press run that I did, and why I didn't want to do much. And I love talking like keV loved talking to a d everyone. What was clipped from all that podcast gossip? Mm hmm bullshit mee me getting off my square coming out of some emotional shit because I saw another clip. Nobody wanted to talk to me about my fucking R and B album, And even when I do reach out to a platform, I think they exist, but also it's tough to even promote. So my thinking was, all right, I guess what's good for the goose is good for the gander if I can at least get on these platforms to have the clickbaity conversations that I usually tend to stay away from, but also promote my R and B album that did sell better than a lot of major.
Speaker 2: Artists talk about American that's the way.
Speaker 1: But let's look at somebody like Offset, for example, much so much shit going on in his personal life. That not that I particularly care to hear a real sit down interview from, but I think there is a deeper conversation with his relationship with the right interviewer, yes, but with his image and how the stand culture fights the other stand culture. And it doesn't even matter the records. It's all about, you know, it's fucking the Eagles and the giants. Better for his image to go to Ky's house and dance. He looks like a happy person.
Speaker 3: So I can't accept that that bothers be and I want to be that.
Speaker 2: I think you should be bad at audience.
Speaker 3: I'm mad because me and j fell out, like Martin Pillains are hurt. Like I'm a real person like you. Why's it got to be fake? It's like it's what it is, like yo, Like I wanted to be that person to media.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You were though and can continue to be. You just have to adjust to what the audience is now. And I think a lot of that comes from what you're doing with Elliott, experience, with talking with artists that do want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Music exactly like you got Leon Thomas.
Speaker 2: Like Leon Thomas, a phenomenal album.
Speaker 3: Best album, all your crowns it Freddy Freddy. I think Freddy has the best rap album. Okay, Freddy, I love I wanted to bring it up. I love Freddy the whole, like the skits, with the whole narrative. That's what you got. But I understand it. To get the skits not good, but I get the skits because he's speaking to his vices and things that he's recognizing and taking accountability for that to hisself and.
Speaker 2: His career throughout the years. So I get that part part of it. I just think it went a little.
Speaker 3: Kind of way. Gives the wrapping the production.
Speaker 2: It's the best not rap album.
Speaker 3: Was like, yo, you way you'll like making Freddy gives the album to yell, I gotta talk worries about this ship. I'm like, yo, I can't deal with the whole skits of this ship like it's great.
Speaker 1: And he put he didn't reverse, like the better skits are towards the end. It just popped off again. Concept was great execution.
Speaker 3: With the record, but he also twenty reck you lost that ship up sampling the sign a versary.
Speaker 2: It got taken off.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not that's one of the best songs that guy.
Speaker 2: So we got taken off.
Speaker 1: Just listened to this.
Speaker 2: He didn't clear it. Oh god damn, I don't think he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That that that Freddy Gibson, right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: My personal for for this year, which we talked about on the last episode. But I am curious what your wrap top ten was. I have Gibbs at number one, Dochi, Vince Staples number three, Tyler number four, Taro, Whack number five, Cold number six, school Boy Q number seven, Kendrick eight nine, Future Metro ten Rhapso this is my personal taste. This isn't what I think like the top is.
Speaker 3: But my top three is Kendreick, g and X, Tyler and then Future Metro. I'll trust you, Okay, those are my top three?
Speaker 2: Wait, Kendrick, what gn X maul?
Speaker 3: You never heard his album called g and X? Never heard of it from the guy that won the battle, never heard of it did to pop out? So Freddie dropped the album. So Freddy's not in your top three?
Speaker 2: Not top three? No, for real?
Speaker 3: What Freddie rap?
Speaker 2: Personal taste though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Freddy rapping, I'll just not talk.
Speaker 2: I didn't say they gotta be number one, but not even top three rapping. Who you think Tyler rapped better than Freddy?
Speaker 3: Tyers, Tylers the man I need the fut it Big Taler Tyler. I love Taler, but he didn't rap better than Freddy on his album We Get the fuck out of It. Tyler steps crazy as hell.
Speaker 1: Freddy rapped better on his album Sure better rapt Tyler's album.
Speaker 2: Talk about that type of ship? I get that.
Speaker 3: I'm saying with that bar proper. It's not about bars competition. I'm something like the music itself.
Speaker 2: Did you guys you when the last time you listened to that Tile album?
Speaker 5: Thing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I love that ship It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I listened to it over Christmas break for sure.
Speaker 2: Yo, man, I can't.
Speaker 1: Does that a lot trying to tell me when was the last time you listened to it? And doesn't believe me.
Speaker 2: I'm on my way here. I was listening to these people this year is and wrap ups Drake.
Speaker 3: It was funny, very top is very clear, kendre gn X, it was Cardi Tyler ship party in Future mentioned the first one. Those are the top three, okay for you, I get it.
Speaker 2: I respect next door with everybody.
Speaker 3: That's not my top three.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about Freddy Gibbs and Freddy. I don't know. I don't remember my list. It was I think Freddy, you will do the order. You're like, you're like, you don't do the er. Freddy was number one. I know that everything else kind of was like depending on the terrible. Yeah, but that don't mean the songs was terrible. Now it sounds like you nitpicking.
Speaker 3: Now. The skits was terrible, so.
Speaker 2: You're saying because the skits was terrible that album doesn't.
Speaker 3: Like what the devil. Yeah, but you know that's gay, that's not that's not that's not gang what we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about talking to the devil, that's gang gang.
Speaker 3: That's not hot.
Speaker 2: But all right, has there been?
Speaker 3: He said, sambasize his own ship.
Speaker 1: Kanye always had really good skits, good getting Mad City, great skits. Eminem like him or not, those Paul skits, even when he was doing weird I c p Filatio ship.
Speaker 2: It was. It was a time. Whether we like it or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gives album might be the first one that I said could potentially it was my favorite, but could be a classic with bad skits. That maybe the first time that's happened in rap history.
Speaker 2: Right now that that's the album. If the skits wasn't on it, I'm not out of it. But the skits, they weren't in his favorite the whole album.
Speaker 1: That Lane's album that was actually good, but the skits were fucking god awful.
Speaker 3: That was his first first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those were those.
Speaker 3: Were that's Freddy shit. That's how I feel with that. Okay, I would love that Fady have those skits.
Speaker 2: I would love it way more everyone.
Speaker 1: This is nothing to do with the combat we had before for all the Dogs. I thought those skits were were weird. Either make it a radio show or don't like commit to it or don't.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember those skits.
Speaker 1: He like, halfway through the album, all of a sudden, the snow Dogs on the radio the whole time.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, going to slip me out right. Okay, it was weird. So yeah, I feel you on that. So Freddy, don't have skits on This album doesn't make your top three, top ten, not top three, so it's not even top ten for you. My top three is very clear. Wait, Freddy is not in your top future metro. Freddy's not in your confident in my top three, know your top ten. Freddy's album is not even I.
Speaker 3: Said it might be in the top ten and the bottom half of the top ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Damn baby, it was not.
Speaker 2: It was not ten rap Come on, dog bro, it was not ten rap albums better than Freddy's album this year.
Speaker 3: We're not doing it.
Speaker 2: We're not doing that, Elliott, we are not doing it.
Speaker 3: There was not ten rap albums better than you one gifts.
Speaker 1: I almost want her to pull up twenty twenty four rap albums and make you answer this like.
Speaker 2: You're not saying, Man Freddy's album is a top ten rap album this year, bro, it might be in the bottom half. I said that top three is solidified.
Speaker 3: It's Kendrick Tyler Future Metro the first one.
Speaker 2: I feel confident that my top three.
Speaker 1: Is it better than j Cole might delete later even though that's an EP to me, But.
Speaker 3: I don't got that. No, yes, that's low with me too. But it was bullshit.
Speaker 1: Considered Album of the Year with the Grammys.
Speaker 4: It wasn't no bullshit. You don't gotta be disrespectful, wasn't bullshit?
Speaker 3: Where's the fall off? I'm talking about the full off. It would have fall off the full of it. What did is half step? And last, how do you feel about Cold throughout all of this?
Speaker 1: Did you get your rise or passes to the question?
Speaker 2: I'm just asking how do you feel about how you feel about Cold through all of this? Because you your your hip hop journals and you know what hip hop culture is. You know, you know you know what we witnessed with us with witnessing that was absolute blaspheming.
Speaker 3: You know it was you are you shot that. I'm just saying you said you'll had an amazing year shot. I appreciate that shout out to you, Dje, because you called it what it was. I feel the same way I called it what it was at the time. What I don't like is that I thought the port Antannio record was dope, but everybody took the records like yo he said, if I was in the battle, I would have bowed a loss of friends and then like they gravitated towards that when they didn't appreciate the record.
Speaker 2: How was But he knew that as a as a writer, he knew what that I hate that ship though, but he knew what that call from that one lyric and like yo oh dismissed it. But what I'm saying is Cole knew what that bar was going to do. He did did He definitely did.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Doing an interview?
Speaker 3: He's speaking directly to the back No, but the backlash of that bar not representing and respecting the song song was dope. Yeah, the song was dope.
Speaker 1: I think he was prepared going into it knowing that that was going to be dissected. Those two bars rather than the story he told about his life on the.
Speaker 3: People could take a look even hard part six. They took it like, yo, Drake sounds defeated. That wasn't his intent, right, and then you run with that ship. It's like yo, that's the narrative.
Speaker 1: But that's that's been forever. Like Blueprint too, Hove is talking on that. What's the only what's the only line that.
Speaker 2: Was got sected?
Speaker 1: Just because he wear a coofie, It don't mean that he's bright. Yeah, but go into that record, there's so much other stuff. And I think Jaye knew that going into it, and I think Cole knew that as well. He just wanted to put out a good record. If I have to address it, let me attach it too some ship. That's not because my real fans also care about my music rather than just the beat.
Speaker 2: I think Cole's dope.
Speaker 3: I think Carl has a sawt spot that he can never really go at Kendrick Drake.
Speaker 2: He can't go no, no, he can't go no.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Everybody else don't.
Speaker 3: He can't do that.
Speaker 2: No, he can't do that everybody but Drake. But listen fred telling you on Freddie album. Freddy kinda threw a shot at cold Cole can't say nothing he would do it.
Speaker 3: He can't know.
Speaker 2: Cole can't go at nobody. He can't.
Speaker 3: Don't believe that selective pot. You can't do that in hip hop. You can't pick and choose. He's snob and the whole little brother big brother ship with Kendrick and Drake he is.
Speaker 2: Everybody else can get that smoke.
Speaker 1: Elliot, not call I feel like but Cole from you, you are way too to you think that Ja Cole could go after any rapper unless somebody that's his superior, If like a NOAs or jay Z shot at him, yes he could reply J Cole, And I'm not on the drastic side. Mall is of I don't even want to hear a Cole lyric when he's talking greasy, don't.
Speaker 2: I'm here for that.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for the fall off and if Cole wants to talk greasy on it whatever, he cannot go after another rapper ever for the rest of his life, unless it's somebody that is his elder saying he said something first.
Speaker 3: I don't think say he's willing to go after them. I trying to say he showed us he's not spot his mind, but who else would beef?
Speaker 1: That would look weird if he'd ever be with anyone else with or without this battle. Because I thought the No Name thing was a conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't think that was lost.
Speaker 1: I think the little Pump thing he lost name. Don't do that first of all, because no Name is he incredible, No Name is one of the better lyricists, but this era, and they pieced it up and said there wasn't even.
Speaker 2: He lost lost about it. I think he.
Speaker 1: I think he brought up some points that lost during that time, but it was such a heightened time on the timeline.
Speaker 2: No matter what.
Speaker 1: A man said to a woman, it was going to be taken to a whole other le. So I give Cold some grace on that only because No Name gave him grace on it, and they've spoken in cool. I think the little Pump thing was not a battle. I think he just put that generation in their place, like y'all need to relax.
Speaker 3: Understand that.
Speaker 2: Bat. I think that perfect people.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that was let me sit down and tell you about this game and look where it got him now. So Cole was correct there. Who else would Cold battle besides Kendrick and Drake who would be on his level and without it looking.
Speaker 2: That's why I was mad that he did what he did because we finally had the moment.
Speaker 3: But you know why.
Speaker 2: But you know why because if you go battle, but if you go back to the if you go back to the game, if you go back to the beginning. I said, I don't I don't care if Drake responded that, I want to hear Cole because we never saw Cold in that type of a battle, So I was more interested him his performance because he's one of the MC.
Speaker 3: You felt was like half hearted the record. I felt it was. I felt like it was the second part of the record conductor. That beat was so dope, but it still was like he wasn't fully I'm not gonna say it was half hearted, but I do remember saying, I feel like this is his Kendrick, Yo, chill, you don't want this problem. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't feel like it was. I didn't feel like he was going to delete and apologize, but I did feel like it was more. I felt like, yoa, he got more, he got more steam coming after this. But this is the like, Yo, Kendricks, are you sure you want to do that? That's what I felt like that was.
Speaker 1: I think it was the strategy that Drake thought he was going into the twenty v one. This is my strategy. I think I'm above everybody. I'll go at all twenty of you because you're coming at me. I think Cole was here's an EP, I'm focused on my music. Here's six amazing records that have nothing to do with you. At the end, I'll check the temperature. But my music is so much more important than my battle with you at the time.
Speaker 2: Time was a perfect strategy.
Speaker 1: I just gave you six incredible fucking joints, and I'm talking about to fall off. You want to do you a little like that one trick pony shit. Cole set it up perfectly, drastically changed within forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: But I think Cole had the best setup.
Speaker 1: The way Drake thought he was devaluing Kendrick by saying, it's twenty it takes twenty y'all to come near me. Cole was going the I'm focused on my album right now. If you want to shoot real quick, all right, whatever, I'll add that to my already EP that's coming out. It just went the other way, but I wouldn't I get why someone would discredit my delete later, I still have it high on my list because of all the.
Speaker 2: Other one of my favorite projects. He was going nuts on that. Yeah, but you was in North Carolina when came out. Oh, you would have known if I was that dream Ville, when I would have been on somebody's blood, I would have been going fucking crazy getting North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Like, are you kidding? I flew down there for this shit I can't hit because I thought it was with the record before on stage kid Mad City Pop laster than Door slide You keep but why do you keep quote?
Speaker 2: Because you're in quoting that boss that you walked in here? Why he tweets it like all the no I feel like you, I feel like you.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's like an underhanded like no you.
Speaker 2: He showed out this year m v P type run.
Speaker 1: I knew, I knew we were going to get on this, this drinking cold tangent. I'm gonna get us off and go back to the original conversation.
Speaker 3: Where's beat one number two?
Speaker 2: Slide number two?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna challenge you to say that artists are still doing sit down interviews because little baby, who we would consider in the hip hop world. Probably artist sat down with Charlemagne and God and didn't one on one interview.
Speaker 2: It's still I saw he deleted delete later. Yeah, that seven is.
Speaker 3: I think shut that ship down. As far as I know who.
Speaker 2: Shut it down. Charlemagne deleted it. You see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why can we speculate with no information whatsoever? I meant this so Charlamagne, who I give credit, asked the questions that the world wanted to know from a little baby.
Speaker 2: That's why I got shut it down?
Speaker 1: But how could how could Key QC I didn't even know coaching?
Speaker 3: P Right shut down Right Coaching.
Speaker 1: Are some of the best minds that we have period in modern hip hop.
Speaker 2: For sure, Shot he shut that down.
Speaker 1: They are well aware of what is going to be asked of baby. And even though we get PC Charlemagne now and he's changed his life, he's still no matter what Charlamage the God is gonna ask about Gunna.
Speaker 2: And young Thug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why do you feel like why would you go into an interview and then be mad that someone asked a question?
Speaker 2: But there say listen, don't ask none of this like they would have did that.
Speaker 3: No, that's the problem. That's why I'm mad. It's like yo, like we have to have conversations for real, Like you're.
Speaker 2: Right, and I think, and we put it out.
Speaker 3: But then it was like all said that you went privately on YouTube, Like wait, why is it privately on YouTube?
Speaker 2: He shut it down?
Speaker 1: Okay, do we think QC shut it down or do we think I think you said that may have a better ship with Gunner than we actually think and he shut it down.
Speaker 3: Either way, he got shut down. So we're our interviews. Man, that's just.
Speaker 2: You know, some information right now. I'm not letting you off the hook. What no, I think I shut down.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 3: I got shut down. I was like, yo, Matt gotta like yo, I see it shut down, shut down. Nobody, nobody, but nobody was it's a light. I was like, yo, it's shut down.
Speaker 2: That knows.
Speaker 1: And that's also because I came in here and gave Charlemage's flowers on it. He asked the right questions. But it was only that clip, two clips that went around. He felt like yeah, because I don't think. I mean, baby's proven for most of his career.
Speaker 3: Because YACHTI is like the home team and someboy, so he has a Yachta interview Okay, that's cool. Is much better than yeah exactly. So the YadA was like, Yo, that's cool. The vibes of that cool, but talking to him and like woo, only the reaction to that like nah.
Speaker 2: But you see the comfortability level in little baby sitting with Charlemagnere, you're sitting with Yachti exactly. He seemed more comfortable with Ya, seemed more willing to talk about certain things.
Speaker 3: Always my goal, I want to make somebody feel comfortable to have a conversation. That's the whole point, right, It's important, But it's lost now because it's like Yo, everybody's the ops and ship like Yo, can't talk to somebody there the ops like wait what yeah?
Speaker 1: But also, you guys, as journalists in the past had it a bit safer that you had to put out a few articles per month. We have to talk every single day and have opinions every single day. It's set up for us to eventually say something that isn't gonna like exactly journalism coming out once a month. You could focus Yo, my piece this this week is just on t I just gonna focus on that. You don't have to have an opinion for every last fucking thing that happens with every artist's life. So it's set up for the artists to be pissed at us and they live on the internet, whereas crazy like boom the amount of artists that for five, six, seven years and I'll say one small little content that's the first thing that they d M me or or come up to me, and I'm like, you know how much I've supported your fucking trip?
Speaker 2: This year for me was nothing but that. I'm like, big mall, I didn't like one, like one recognition and I turned it to the biggest hater. I'm like, because I didn't like one song. Yeah, like that's just stupid. Yeah, you pot of the shoulder up on us this year. Nah, man, I just listen, man, I'm just trying. I'm just trying to figure I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. That's a man, you know. I'm just I'm just trying to figure sit out. That's it, all right, Rory. So it's the end of the year, which means we are down to our last top ten get up anthems. Yes, and what do you know it? Today we have West Coast Wilson with a perfect time, perfect time for this way. So today we're getting into the get Up Anthem Top ten get Up anthems from L a billboard and threats I see on this Tequila have teamed up with LA's own D Smoke, who we are huge fans of, and the Game also, who we are huge fans of, to bring us the top ten get up Anthems from LA. This This is a you know a list of some of the songs that get the clubs and that certain cities shaken.
Speaker 3: And get their crowd. So we're going to go through the list. Hopefully Game and D Smoke did not disappoint.
Speaker 1: We did Atlanta so far, We've done Chicago, we did Miami as well. Yep, La, I'm curious. LA probably had the greatest year I've seen in quite some time. Even their soccer team won. I saw the LA Galaxy win last week. I was like, Yo, can can LA stop winning everything?
Speaker 2: Damn man soccer too? Well, I can promise the Lakers won't be winning. Yes, the Lakers will not be winning shit.
Speaker 1: So yes, twenty twenty four was good to the West Coast. So let's start at number one.
Speaker 2: It was a good day.
Speaker 1: Ice Cube can't really argue that I kind of.
Speaker 2: I feel them. You want to go from one to ten or ten to one.
Speaker 1: Go ten to one?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah we start there, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Just want to get mama a good day out. No hog, do we think he got a triple double?
Speaker 3: Is what I'm asking? Who kept thats a right? Like?
Speaker 2: Who was like that?
Speaker 3: Diamonds for ice Cube?
Speaker 1: Who was yelling at And you know what's crazy when we saw a shout out to ice cube son. He's been on tour with CBE and of course Cube performs it was a good day and his son is his hype man and finishes the lyrics or whatever. That's got to be a little awkward when it gets to I gotta beat from Kim.
Speaker 2: And she could fuck all night.
Speaker 3: Ah awkward.
Speaker 1: I'm not with my pops.
Speaker 2: It's I'm not finishing the sentence.
Speaker 1: You gotta beat from Kathy and she could fuck all night. I'm not finishing a right, Let's start at number ten. We can start at ten.
Speaker 2: So number ten you have uh BP.
Speaker 1: Okay, I wouldn't have thought that would make this list, But I'm not mad at that at all, because I think My Crazy Life is a classic West Coast album. Yeapt On had some modern classic to me, So I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 2: Did not expect.
Speaker 1: BBT to be on this list whatsoever? What the West Coast had?
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: I agree a lot. Number nine I expected to be a little higher, but that's just my age talking regulate Warren g feature in Nate Dogs.
Speaker 1: That's a little weird at nine.
Speaker 2: That's I expected that to be a little a little higher than that. Number eight.
Speaker 1: We can freak it corrupt, uh, I am not a resident of the West Coast, but we have to go to our judges. Should he be on the get up Philly anthems or the lay reason.
Speaker 3: Of world West Coast Bob though gotta gotta no corrupt is that's I mean, I get it, but that's West Coast.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at that. I'm glad corrupt was represented.
Speaker 3: On Philly Brad, but he adapted absolutely.
Speaker 2: Number seven I expected to be a lot higher as well, saying nothing but a g thing doctor dre features you know the.
Speaker 3: Number seven number one for.
Speaker 2: Me, that definitely could have been number one.
Speaker 1: Number six last time that I checked, Nipsey Hustle yg, I think that belongs to from modern West Coast shit. Number five, I think belongs here, not like us Kendrick Lamar for top five get up anthems for sure.
Speaker 2: Number four still Dre.
Speaker 1: I think that more of my era, But I still think that's crazier that that's over nothing but a g thing one of my favorite beats ever, but that's still wild to me. Then from here on that, I think it's just all Doctor Dre, California, Tupac and Doctor Dre, Number two, Gin and Juice Snoop Dogg, and then at number one we.
Speaker 3: Have it was a good Day ice Q.
Speaker 1: I feel like they I see what they tried to do. They tried to include nifty and YG, which I get they should be there, but there's a huge gap. And maybe this was the first time game was humble. I think hated or love it could be up here for sure. I think what we do could be up here. There's a bunch of game records that I feel could be on this list, and even Killer Mike put himself on the Atlanta list. A lot of this I feel like pulls from almost the same era, or they spread it out with as many Doctor Dre produced songs as they fucking could.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was a good day. It's number one though, but not over g thing. Yeah, but it was a good day. It's definitely on the top ten l A.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know they didn't want to make this a complete doctor Dre list, but how the fuck is fuck the police or straight out of comptent not on a top ten l A list.
Speaker 2: That's not saying that's a different anthem. That's not a get up mother.
Speaker 1: You don't think it was a get up anthem and get up and get out.
Speaker 3: It was a get out So it's time to get out of here. It's time to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, get up and get out, Get up and get out.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking through other lists to DJ Quick isn't on there, which I think is a little crazy. I'm a nerd, so I think far side running or passing me by?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, years up bad. That's not LA though.
Speaker 2: They from the bay right so far side from the bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's bay, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, well not like us as a bay sound, so it's points have it made Philly, I don't just feel like the Eric l A.
Speaker 2: Or by the bay too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they might be in the bay.
Speaker 1: No Cypress Hill. I think it's kind of crazy. That's still l a man. That's get up anthem ships.
Speaker 3: Definitely get a band.
Speaker 2: They play that at every fucking basketball game when they have the towels, when they throw the t shirts in the stands.
Speaker 3: Man, it's always house of how do we killing man? When they're doing the towels.
Speaker 1: This showed my nervous that Above the Law definitely has some joints that con Superman.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: It's only ten, Like I know, I feel like in the seventeen he on number twenty three right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, we yes, this is probably accurate as far as the real top ten. But with the other cities like the Myami one for example. I love that they put they represented every sound an era of Miami in their list. This to me is is one one era plus not like us. And last time that I checked, mm hmm, it's Mustard and Dre, which is cool. But I think there's more West Coast ship in there.
Speaker 3: I mean the list can go curate it a little more.
Speaker 1: I think half the documentary can make this list.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I mean I definitely feel like a game record should be on here for sure, But you know, game is being humble and just you know, paying respect to to the guys that he was. Why is the Game like the most underrated of that ship.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, right, I think Game has Game is probably one of the best rap desographies ever.
Speaker 3: But he's the most underrated in that era. It's crazy when you think about it, right, you think he's underrated. Absolute he knows he is.
Speaker 1: But he also didn't have like an era to stand with. It was just him and him.
Speaker 2: Alone, at least with he was the king before kendrick Y g was.
Speaker 1: Doing with Tie and Mustard and Trachio and TD. There was just so much going on in the West Coast at that time they could work to. It was just Game and Spider Lobe at that time, Spider no dispects to Spider log and it put out a lot of great jointsful world ship.
Speaker 2: It was the rolling sixties, uh tell Us to wrap it up was throwing up neighborhood neighborhood.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna I'm only going to do this because you know, West Coast Wilson four or five is.
Speaker 2: In the building billboard. I've loved all these think you think you.
Speaker 1: Picked the best people to put these lists together for their city. I've appreciated this entire series. I think it's a little ironic that everyone's a little scared to do the New York LISTA.
Speaker 3: It's scared.
Speaker 1: I understand it's been a long time since we have been, you know, number one. But let's not forget about twenty five years. The New York List isn't going to be the same seven artists for one through.
Speaker 2: Ten, No at all, it's up.
Speaker 4: What would you can you think of like your first Top three New York.
Speaker 2: Shook Ones, Nigga Juicy, number one, Juicy. The juicy to me is the number one rap ones one one. I would never be mad, but shook Ones would be two. Depends on where I'm at. If if a lot of women in the room, we gotta go with Juice.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty five, when the Aliens show themselves from the sea, land and air and they asked what is rap music? Even though they have Spotify accounts, shook Ones is playing them.
Speaker 4: I g.
Speaker 2: If the if the Aliens showed themselves in twenty five, the first alien that come up out of that water, I want the first thing that Nigga hit it to be to all the killers in one hundred dollars billis shook ones.
Speaker 3: They shook ones for New York City.
Speaker 2: Do you think those drums are scaling? They got lasers? Ship Ladyship two. Absolutely it's us.
Speaker 4: But get up. But do you think of shook up ones when you think up?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, you know, just like move right in the club.
Speaker 2: On Yes, that's not that. Look I'm thinking knock yourself out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like get up, like the things that are going to get the women up, moving, the men up, moving like not just y'all wrapping mad.
Speaker 2: I think this is still.
Speaker 3: New York without the girl element like no disrespect, but something like Yo ship ones is like about New York.
Speaker 2: That's the anthem. That is the anthem.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm kind of contradicting my point here because I think Top three could have juicy and all about Benjamin, all about the.
Speaker 3: Benjamin's too Benjamin, But that means the girls to the party.
Speaker 2: It's like Benjamin's Pop coming DMX.
Speaker 4: Party up definitely, Party Up is probably that didn't.
Speaker 1: Make like a top thirty.
Speaker 2: That's white people.
Speaker 4: That's that's not white people. We made it so popular that.
Speaker 2: No, that's c r L Pizza, nobody.
Speaker 3: What's song?
Speaker 1: And there was was when even though dm X had his year album and there was X was when white people really started to love. The first two rap albums that were given to me by my mom that I asked her by. It was Volume three and there was X.
Speaker 2: She's Young, and that was because you know the whites.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I liked party Up in Big Pimping, but the edited version I didn't even know what it was talking about on Big.
Speaker 3: Pimp And that was.
Speaker 4: Not because when it comes to Party Up, I feel like it doesn't get the respect it deserves because it became so big and it became a mainstream That's what I'm everywhere. You wouldn't feel that way, like, oh yeah, it's just played like no, you wouldn't feel that way if it was a B side, you would never feel that.
Speaker 2: Of course not.
Speaker 1: But it became such a character.
Speaker 2: It was a bunch of like action movies like it just became.
Speaker 3: It became the cool thing for whiteboy to like embrace DMX as he's the guy.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't make it any less good of a song. That's fair and it's not even a pop it's like it's a pop whitewash song. It's actually a very like vulgar and like crazy as his song like every gangster.
Speaker 1: Just fuck the chorus god thinking this will be in mission impossible to he just made it because he's it just happened across over. But I mean, Tom Cruise can kill shit. I feel like shout out to young Jock. But when Tom Cruise did this ship on Oprah, it was over for that.
Speaker 3: It was done.
Speaker 5: We was not.
Speaker 2: It was not going down because the Tropic Thunder, that's a classic scene when he played that in Tropic Thunder and start dancing in the office. Don't do that. We're not doing that. We're not doing that. Don't disrespect Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: Tropic Thunder isn't classic, but him rolling around on Oprah's couch and then doing it is going down.
Speaker 3: Well, that's where it came from. That rule, it came from the movie. That's what Well.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Shout out to bill Board and Threats Hanging Out Tequila for their top ten get Up Anthems of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yes, and uh, before we get out of here, we do want to thank West Coast Wilson. Wilson Happy New Year Experience January seventh, Yet work again.
Speaker 2: Yo, twenty twenty five. My brothers y'all did your thing.
Speaker 1: Man, thank you, thank you, thank We really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: We do no but thank you Elliott.
Speaker 3: Thank you. That means thank you man.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it and hope to have you back in twenty twenty five to promote some more ship. Yeah, and I mean, if you want to have us on the Ellie Wilson Experience, we'll go to the Bronx.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it in the Bronx. Let's do the X style. Let's do it at the Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm not scared of that.
Speaker 1: All right, it's a good Let's walk through Woodside see if you're still good.
Speaker 3: Now, thank you.
Speaker 1: Me man, We appreciate it. We just I mean, we'll have you back in Queens.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I just feels like you loves that projects projects. You feel like you went on my projects. I don't know, man, you're feeling very vincent. Chase, what's up. I'm just saying the boy might have put some money into projects for you. You might not be able to go home. The word spread that the Bugatti is in the projects.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying? The boys the boys home, Elliott, Man, Elliott, we thank you so much for pulling up on us.
Speaker 2: Man, appreciate you much.
Speaker 5: Love.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get out of here man. Yeah,