Speaker 1: Second date, up date. Where are the best places to meet someone during the spooky season?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just saw an ad for a party that was calledwork or treating.
Speaker 1: Work treating a trick or treating with children?
Speaker 3: No, no treating. It was like a nightclub party.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe that's an option if you were thinking, Yeah, you were thinking the local cemetery, though, I can save you a trip and a very awkward conversation with the ground security guard who was not happy with me to say the least. Apparently there's better places suited for single seeking romance around Halloween, and Jenna was at one of them recently. Jenna, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm not I thought that for.
Speaker 5: Brad Oween, you know, like Charlie XYX like Bratt makes me think they're not cool.
Speaker 1: Trying to sound young, Jenna Alvira, Oh my god, Jenna, where where did you meet somebody? Recently?
Speaker 4: I was at the friend of mine Halloween party.
Speaker 1: Okay, like a house party?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, party.
Speaker 3: Those are so fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, we want to know who you met, but I want to know what you win as first.
Speaker 4: Oh sexy ghost face, Oh the scream.
Speaker 1: Movies, like a mask, black outfit, exactly, all right, your sexy ghost face and this guy you met and what's his name? By the way, Drew Drew was Drew in a costume? Where did he go? Just playing?
Speaker 6: He?
Speaker 4: Drew was dressed as Jason Boyes.
Speaker 1: I've always had dreams of Jason and scream Guy getting together.
Speaker 5: Jason is the one with the red and white striped shirt sweater.
Speaker 3: Am I thinking that's Freddy Krueger?
Speaker 4: No, that's Freddy Krueger and and it was in and red?
Speaker 3: What is what is Jason dressing?
Speaker 1: Hockey mask out? Okay? Okay?
Speaker 3: And kind of built right?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Can we can we not focus on the costumes so much and what their bodies look like? How hot he was? His T shirt size?
Speaker 4: He's pretty hot?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, immediately, so it's kind of cool you're both dressed as horror movie villains. Does that help you, guys? Bond?
Speaker 2: It did?
Speaker 4: And love of the classics if you will. And so we were just hanging out and having great chat because I mean, horror genre is totally my jam and he gets it.
Speaker 3: What did you just say? What was your jam?
Speaker 7: Jam?
Speaker 4: No, the horror genre like real genre.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got to take off your ghost face mask when you're doing this call so we can understand you.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, okay, how far into the conversation did you guys start making out? Well a while, okay, party, everybody's drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did get there. Brooke always jumps right to the hookup. She doesn't want to know anything about the actual like connection that they have.
Speaker 4: I like the way you think though, see Okay, but we started dancing, and then we we each have our weapons, right, and so we're slasher dancing.
Speaker 1: That's so fun.
Speaker 2: Wait are you guys both talking with only your masks on the whole time or do you take them off?
Speaker 1: You get to see what looked like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean it was it was hot. So he had his mask on the top of his head and I had, so I mean we knew what we looked like.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, dude, and I love that you're both like having so much fun with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was just a blast. And that was the thing is that it was just no stress, no pressure, great chemistry and.
Speaker 1: Pretending to stab each other on the dance floor, just classic first date. And so was there anything I mean, you know, we're painting it really nicely. How did the date end?
Speaker 4: Well, we're having drinks and we're chatting, and there's a girl that just kept side eye me. And I didn't think I was being paranoid. I'm not really built like that.
Speaker 1: Was it a costume where that I was on the side of her?
Speaker 2: It was it was legit. Do you know, like how man or he was talking to somebody else? Like, I mean, how single was Jason for.
Speaker 4: His I didn't know entirely. And my buddy said that he has this thing for him. Maybe they'd gone out a couple of times. I have him a little on the competitive side, and I liked him. I was like, this is really cool. So I asked him to want me home. I just live a couple of blocks away from my friends, okay, And so he walked you home and we made out a little and I invited him up. He said, know that he had to get back to the party. There were some people that he needed. He just sort of goes to the party.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. If you like go with your friends, you can't just like ditch.
Speaker 7: My friends would be so happy if I disappeared because I was making out.
Speaker 4: So it was that.
Speaker 1: The last time that you saw him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I sent him a text and I haven't heard back from him.
Speaker 3: And you left him in the party with the other girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a bad move. It back to her kind of Is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 4: Maybe I kind of expected to him to come back up to my place, so you know what today I mean not.
Speaker 3: To It's rare that a guy turns you down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just take over. We're like, yes, I will go up to Well, we're gonna figure out what is wrong with Jason once and for all. Who cares. Make the horror movie rom com hook up that should have.
Speaker 3: Happened that actually be a good sequel.
Speaker 1: It really was. We're gonna make it happen with your second Date update right after this hold on the second Date update. It's the blockbuster horror flick that Hollywood is too scared to make. When Jason met ghosty Ah and they swore they were just gonna be killer friends. But the only thing that can defeat pure evil is the power of true love, as long as they're holding each other's weapons.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: I know this is kind of confusing if you're just joining in, so I'll try and bullet point what I'm talking about for you. Two people met at a Halloween house party the other night. One dressed as sexy ghost Face from Scream. That would be our listener Jenna. The other was dressed as Jason from Friday the Thirteenth, whose real name Brook remembers is Drew.
Speaker 3: That's what I said the same time as you did.
Speaker 1: You hear me?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you go to Drew?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: They hung out, they danced, they kissed. Jason walked her home at the end of the night, but turned down an invite to stay. Why, We're not totally sure. That's the mystery of Jason. Well, he said, I gotta go back to the party. I don't want to let my friends down. Do we believe?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: And is the friends? That person?
Speaker 2: That woman who was I in him all night was friends? And quotes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, did you make.
Speaker 6: Jeff to them?
Speaker 7: To who to the people listening right now that there was another girl who want to cross?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we can go through all of the costumes that were at the party if that would help our listeners, But I just think we should probably focus on Jenna and Drew. You're right, okay, So I'm ready to call Drew here.
Speaker 3: Yep, and I've written down both their names, so I won't forget. Okay, Jenna Andrew.
Speaker 1: There it is. I can sense Jenna's confidence without her even speaking once during this whole time.
Speaker 4: I'm just.
Speaker 3: Like a scary horror movie villain.
Speaker 1: Would this is your love story, Jenna? Or it could be if it goes well?
Speaker 3: Horror? Oh my god? Are we gonna call and say? Do you like scary movies? Because that's your that's your character.
Speaker 1: Hello, Sydney game, Yes, do you think you would like that? You think you would like that? Jenna?
Speaker 4: I think that would be fantastic.
Speaker 3: Drew, like Drew Barrymore, who you killed in the very beginning.
Speaker 1: Because she's a sidecaracter spoiler, so she dies, I know, but sill a star's birthday. Let's just call Drew and we'll see if we can get another date for you.
Speaker 6: Here we go, Hello, Hello, Sydney, you like scary movies?
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 1: Hey, Drew? I'm sorry, man, this is Drew?
Speaker 7: Right? Is this somebody on the phone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of somebody's. That's a whole morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeffrey in the Morning, wor show, and we do this segment that you're on right now. It's called a second date update. Not sure if you're familiar with that, but basically, we have a listener that you met recently and the two of you had quite the love connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah really, well, maybe like you had crushes on each other.
Speaker 7: This does not sound very familiar. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go with love on a Halloween party.
Speaker 1: Well, sorry, According to her, you guys had a good time together. Her name is Jenna. You met her at this house party during Halloween.
Speaker 3: You may know her as ghost Face.
Speaker 7: Right. House party at Halloween. Yeah. I don't really remember very much of it, but I did go, oh god.
Speaker 1: A big party.
Speaker 3: Well, were you like wasted?
Speaker 1: You went as Jason Vorhe's right, yeah, okay, so hopefully you remember dancing with a girl dressed as sexy ghost Face.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, she was hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back on track.
Speaker 1: So she told us about you two hanging out. She said she had a really good time with you that night.
Speaker 3: She said she laughed a lot. You guys like bonded over horror films.
Speaker 1: She was hoping that maybe you guys could hang out out in the real world, even without your masks on.
Speaker 7: Really, because last time I checked, she was hanging out with a different guy at the party.
Speaker 3: No, she said you you walked your home. She was only with you and.
Speaker 1: You went back to the party.
Speaker 7: No, she was like hanging out with me for a little while, and then she ended up talking to some guy who was dressed exactly like me and then went home with that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, oh wait, that wasn't you that walked her home.
Speaker 7: No, oh no, there was another guy in a hockey mask.
Speaker 1: You made out with a stranger.
Speaker 4: There was like, oh my gosh, oh god, hate that guy didn't go up to her house though.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 3: Are kidding?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: But oh no, okay, why did you call this into a radio station. I'm completely confused.
Speaker 1: She didn't know that, she didn't realize what had happened. And I don't know if you heard her earlier, but she is on the other line listening to this, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: She's actually on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jenna is there.
Speaker 6: Jenna.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: I don't even know what to say, apart from ew ew okay.
Speaker 7: I thought we were having a good time and then you blew me off, or you blew somebody off. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: No, I thought it was you that walked me home.
Speaker 1: Was the guy that walked you home? Was he wearing his Jason Vorhees mask?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you said you made out with him at the door? You didn't notice a difference.
Speaker 4: No, it was dark. I didn't have my front house lights on. It was dark on the floor.
Speaker 3: I have bad vision too, girl, I get it.
Speaker 7: And at the end of the Halloween party, probably a lot of drinks happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, are you just coming to grips with this? I mean it was two different Jason's that night.
Speaker 1: Wasn't the same time?
Speaker 3: Oh god, that is which one is better?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean important.
Speaker 1: Don't answer that unless the answer is true.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Definitely Drew at the party. Definitely. And that's another thing that just seems so weird. When you walk me.
Speaker 1: Home it was Remember it wasn't him.
Speaker 7: I did not walk you home?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but are you hearing he drew?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: She didn't realize?
Speaker 4: Like, No, I had no idea that it was not.
Speaker 7: She knew that, she knew hearing me, She definitely knew.
Speaker 3: Did come on, I don't know. Why would she call us if she knew.
Speaker 2: I mean, she told us the whole story, and the whole story was only one Jason.
Speaker 4: Why would I even bought her to call a radio station to get back in touch with you. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, And.
Speaker 3: It would be so embarrassing.
Speaker 5: That was a little bit.
Speaker 7: He didn't happen at the time, but I'm kind of over it now. I actually ended up looking up with a different girl that night, so.
Speaker 1: Also dressed as ghosts face too, because that would be a weird coincidence.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the girl staring at you in the corner?
Speaker 7: They were all stared at me. It was hard to keep tracking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: That this one couldn't even remember which one was you, So I wouldn't get too full of ourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you told us at the start of this phone call, Drew that you were having a good time with Jenna too, and you wanted to see her more.
Speaker 7: I did. I did. That would have been great.
Speaker 3: So why can't you do that now? I mean, like, you shouldn't let this get in the way.
Speaker 7: Well, she goes off with another guy. I ended up poking up with somebody else, things happen the way they happen. It's just the way it goes.
Speaker 1: That's just like, that's just like this blockbuster horriflick that we're plotting with Jason meeting Ghosty, and there's gonna be some drama in that too. It's nothing that you can't overcome. Because we'd like to send you out on another date, dude, another actually a first date, first official date with Jenny, and we'll pay for it. I know Jason loves a good deal.
Speaker 7: Well, the thing is, you know, I hooked up with another girl that night.
Speaker 3: Okay, you keep bringing that up.
Speaker 7: You know, We've just been hanging out the last couple of nights and I just kind of want to see where that goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, didn't know.
Speaker 3: Jason was such a faithful.
Speaker 1: Man, such a hopeless romantic gets such a bad rep. He's like any of the fifty girls that were looking at me.
Speaker 6: I would have stuck with him, ye, Jenna, I mean, hey, this is so weird.
Speaker 1: Are you willing to wait till it fizzles with the other girl?
Speaker 6: Got the other?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go with number two.
Speaker 1: Do you have the guy who walked you home's number?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, I have no idea who that guy was at all, So no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was a real Jason oh something actually scary.
Speaker 1: In that case, he's probably waiting for you back at your apartment.
Speaker 6: You should go home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, remember to run up the stairs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have nothing so horror movie like bringing a rando back to your front yard to make out in the dark.
Speaker 1: And then we maybe a little bit different movie, less romantic, but sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You've heard the classic saying never kiss a sea real killer on the mouth. Yeah, well she kissed two in one night.
Speaker 3: I mean she was one herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cut her some slack, got yesh, My god, that is so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: It does beg the question, though, how many people are you allowed to make out with at the same house party and have it be okay? Depends on your single As long as keep it under fifty percent of the total guest list.
Speaker 6: Then you're good.
Speaker 2: If you get caught jeff and she got caught, okay, Yeah, as many as you want, if you can be sneaky enough.
Speaker 1: The thing is, you didn't even want to make out with the second guy. That was a total accident. I mean, it's just it didn't work out, at least not this Halloween. Yeah, maybe this Halloween. But you know, we can always help with your dating life or even your Halloween costume ideas. If you want some sexy input from Brook or from Alexis even jose and I sexy, we're mid input.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I've always ruled sexy Halloween costumes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your sexy blood clock, thank you.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 6: You never choose a jar spaghetti sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Sexy and pregnant, so that was prego.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are the experts. Email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back and make sure you go check out all of our second dates. We have a podcast for this. It's at Brooke and Jeffery
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.