Speaker 1: Media.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, I'm making a time traveler disclaimer here. All right, this is future me, which is about four days ago for you listening, if you listen on the day this drops. I recorded the following podcast like in December. Then the year started and I was trying to figure out stuff with Terraform Colbrew, which I'm out of money, so I don't know how much longer it's going to last, So please buy merch.
Speaker 1: There is Terraform.
Speaker 2: Merch, and I'm still raising money to try to get and by raise money, I mean saving my own because luckily I don't owe anybody or praise Lord God Almighty, I ain't in depth for Terrorform because only owe myself, you know, which is still a lot of money. But still anyway, so this show you're about to hear. The reason I'm still playing it is because I still stand by the ultimate point, for which you will see later. The subject of this point is Nikki Haley. When I recorded this, there were many more people to.
Speaker 1: Be the nominee for the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: I still we all nobody need to know Crystal Ball to know that like it was going to be Trump. Vivek was a side show Tim Scott didn't stand a chance. And I've made some other points before about Nikki and old Ron des Anthos. Anyway, a lot of things have changed. One thing I would add now saying this is that again I still stand by the point, but the little bit of credit I was giving.
Speaker 1: Her I now have to completely retract.
Speaker 2: When on the first episode of this year, of this season, I talked about how she admittedly how she admittedly admitted you like that, how she admitted racism was real. I was like, great, thank you, and that you experienced it. The problem is she wouldn't go as far as to say, as we still have a problem with racism. I get it because of who your demographic is. You're still running in a Republican primary, so you have to have your head in the sand and pretend like nobody ever did anything wrong. So I get that except for a communist, that's that's the only evil.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: But then later on, not only did the sister say we America doesn't have as racism problem, she went on to say it never did outside of just how preposterously anyone, I don't care how racist you are, come on fam like, now you're just being ridiculous but the thing about and this is going to be for most of my listeners not that hot of a take, but I think it needs to be said. The dagger for me was, like I said before, when she said her mama told her, which might just be a coddle together story for the mic, which I get, but just hey, your job's not to show them how you're different, but how you're the same fam That's that's assimilation. You're whitewashing yourself. You're trying to fit in by shrinking who you are. While it sounds great at first that like, yeah, you know you need to show like, dude, like you cut me open, I'm the same person. The signs that Martin Luther King carried it for the sanitation boycotts, when the signs of said, ain't I a man? Am I not a man? I'm a man, like I'm a human just like you are. Like those are important things to do, But that's not what the way she meant the way that she was communicating. Now, I can't get in her head, but I can get in but I can hear the rest of the things she's saying. What she communicating is I'm safe, you can feel comfortable around you because I'll hide the things about me that make you uncomfortable. I don't know if the flag can get any MOPI root in that. And for the record, your job ain't to show nobody nothing except for to be yourself and expose them in you being yourself to the beauty and the majesty and the humongousness of the world that we're in. They should learn something. You learning something, They should learn something. Remember in the I'm Not Black, I'm Oja episodes, I talked about the one black man in the nineteen people charged in the Rico case with Trump. How we as a community can look at that man and be like, are you really surprised? I think there are some things that can stretch to the full diaspora of people that Season eight Chicken Nimroda like, don't act like you didn't know you was bending yourself into a pretzel. Vivec the same thing Tim Scott did, Like y'all act there is no way in the world you thought you was different.
Speaker 1: You really thought them white people was gonna accept you.
Speaker 2: At least Vivek had the nerve to not try to hide his name like Nikki, that might be your nickname, but Nikki yok Brown walks in the room first, And why in the world would you think that that party like people like listen, dog like when you're dealing with folks that have already decided that eugenics is real and something wrong with you based on your or that you are different than them, based on your color. They've made that thing that's not true true by your actions. Yes, take a DNA test, do your your your twenty three and meters, which I did, which I think is really interesting. Congratulations, you're ninety nine point nine percent, just like every other human. But social constructs in practice are real. We are treated differently because of our skin. Why in the world would you think you was any different? You really thought that white people was gonna vote for you, You'd like, look, look, you could sing they songs, You could wear their clothes, you could you could change you addiction, Black people could tell their sons don't ever wear no hoodies, you know, always wear a suit, Speak clear, get an education.
Speaker 1: You a nigga in a suit.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know anyway, But on paper, she they't black thought And this is and the reason and part of the reason why I think so is because she was actually down to act like she not different than everybody else. All right, enough preamble, let's just ramble now for politics. I am well aware that every world, whatever little subworld you live in, has their versions of the mainstream and underground motif the super popular and then the super obscure. The more you are into and prefer the indie underground version of something, usually the more annoying you sound to the masses. Because there's a reason why the big box number mainstream people is the fact that they mainstream some of its money. Some of it's you know, marketing, its resources, and others of it is because it just appeals to more people. Listen, I watch Marvel movies. I'm sorry, I don't know. No obscure comic book lord, I don't know, but I am well aware. These are a trillion dollar budget. So the ones that can take their time to do really specific, dope, niche incredible stuff, it's probably better. I'm just not into it because I'm not gonna do the work. I say this as a hypocrade because I'm like that about coffee. I'm not pulling up to your little corner Starbucks. That's corporate coffee. I want to find a dope shop with the single origin Yuruga chef natural process, you know, the honey process. I'm looking at your espresso machine. I'm looking at the poor over ball. I'm judging if there's like coffee grinds around the thing. I'm looking. I'm checking all that. I want to see all that. I want to know what scale you using. If somebody say to me, all my favorite coffee is pizza coffee, I'm like, conversation's done. But there's a reason why Pizza Starbucks is everywhere. Everybody got that. You're gonna name me some band. I never heard of the Stomping Elephants when I start talking about Inkybists, and I'm sorry, I never heard of no damn stopping Elephant And they might be a better band. They fan base is never despite the talent they have, they fan base is never going to match the fan base of Nickelback. Matter of fact, the last number one rock song on the Billboard Charts, last song that was a rock song was a Nickelback song.
Speaker 1: So it is what it is, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yet, and still it's the Year of Our Lord two thousand and twenty four, and still the only thing that can parallel or even surpass. The polarization of our politics is one question.
Speaker 1: Top five dead or alive hood politics, y'all yo, good politics?
Speaker 2: Rock all right, listen whether we talk in basketball or rappers, and I'm gonna stick there because those are the things that I know most about as to what I'm going to take this show too. The top five argument of many barbershops and barbecues and if you among black men or just men in general, which I think we are so funny about, Like the passion for which we speak about these things is it's it's pretty funny. I've recently seen my homegirl Britney. She was doing this stand up and she was just talking about how man straight men they just they're not really as straight as they think they are. Because you could ask them about their wife and they're like, oh, she's the greatest woman ever. Then ask them about Lebron James and they're gonna run down facts. Listen, the first one to ever do and when he was seventeen, he did this. Like she talked about how you have nose lang to stand on when referring to like swifties and a bay hive.
Speaker 1: When it comes to our sports fandom.
Speaker 2: Man straight men definitely cannot wait to go to play a sport where they all dress up and matching uniforms. They get matching outfits, and they go to a place called golf where for centuries women were not allowed. So no girls allowed and let's all wear on matching outfits. It's pretty funny. She's like, it's pretty.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And now Brittany is lesbian, so she could crack these jokes anyway.
Speaker 1: Brittany hilarious because she's right.
Speaker 2: It's like, we go into these places and we wear the names of other men on our backs, and we ready to fight people over for profit organizations that we make a whopping zero dollars a year.
Speaker 1: I'll own no stakes.
Speaker 2: The Lakers have never paid me anything, and we wearing their names on our backs, talking about we won this week. You did not win. You are not a Laker, but yes I am. Anyway, Top five, dead or alive. And usually you find the discussion breaking along lines of generation. My dad trying to convince me that Oscar Robinson and Elgin Baylor and Will Chamberlain were just unmatched. And then you show me the high to these dudes and these little TV shorts. All I can hear is the Harlem grow Chotter's theme playing in the background.
Speaker 1: They'm running around.
Speaker 2: And chest passing and one handed dunks that are just I'm like, I'm sorry, there's just a generational problem here, Like I don't see it. He telling me this as I'm a child watching Michael Jordan, you know, jump from the free throw line right, drop seventy three points on fools. I'm of the Kobe era, So why you telling me about this other? Like, like I got to watch you know, the NBA inside stuff like era, you know, the the gold like the Golden Age, and I'm saying the Golden Age probably because that's my generation.
Speaker 1: So it's hard for me. Like and I'm from the West.
Speaker 2: So if you ask me top five that are alive, I'm gonna keep naming Lakers except for Jordan. He own it now, you Like, I just there's some of this stuff that's just like in the arguable, like you're not gonna have Magic Johnson, You're not gonna have Kobe on this list. You got magic at Kobe, Well, you gotta have Kareem Abdulja Bark and then if you gonna go old school, hell, the logo is Jerry Wes.
Speaker 1: I just don't. I mean at Jordan. Of course.
Speaker 2: Now I know all you Lebron sexuals are gonna get real mad at me, and y'all listen to me politics that like Lebron can do no wrong. They got stats on like like right now, I was watching his last game and they were like, Lebron the oldest in the NBA to ever get five steals at this age. I'm like, y'all, like, come on, fam, Lebron James the oldest in the league to ever at this age tie his shoe with his left finger. Just Lebron said, like the man could do no wrong, right, which is obviously how I feel about Kobe. But again, West West, and we canna argue around time you could bring up, bring up whoever you want to bring up now, as it's hard to not argue Steph Curry, like, I don't know, nobody would shoot a stroke like this. So you find that it breaks along lines generation, and then lines of region, and then just lines of taste. And they were just yelling at each other like who won the battle between jay Z and nas like and then here's what's crazy. You get a live homie trying to argue with us that, like, you know, Future and young Dolf and then you're just looking at them. Little Weirdo was like, what, there is no way they're in the conversation with the people we talking about. But then again, let me be real, because the OG's older than me, will to this day say like the godamn see is rock him? There's no greater rapper, And I'm like, I'm sorry, y'all, I just I was too young for it. I get I get his what he did for rap. I get what he did for that, Like no one rapped like him like that. I understand. But then again, you know, nobody rapped like designer. I get brought it at Lena hit A cause it's Kenna Jasna. And some could argue young Thug, like nobody rapped like Young Thug, like the way he's taken fashion and using that weird high pitch that he got and made it a thing. Like like, I'm not going to as someone that just loves hip hop period, I'm not gonna argue with you top five.
Speaker 1: That's a stretch.
Speaker 2: But look as time goes on, how you're gonna not have weezy, how you're gonna have weighing on it. I don't understand how Kendrick is not in your top anything.
Speaker 1: Coal.
Speaker 2: You can't argue Coal like that. Times have changed, you know. You can't be stuck in your ways and not have brothers like that on there.
Speaker 1: You can't. I mean, Nikki like you got like you gotta have these people on your list. They now have bodies of work that prove it now.
Speaker 2: And of course these conversations are clearly and obviously subjective, But there are some things that are objective because of how long hip hop's been around, the longevity of somebody's career, the success of their albums commercially or otherwise, like these are verifiable numbers, the intangible of the effects on not just hip hop but culture as a whole. And I'm gonna argue, when it comes to hip hop, there's really the list is closed. Of the top five dead or alive, it's MJ, poc Nah's and Big.
Speaker 1: It's kind of unarguable.
Speaker 2: Now, Listen, these are not my favorite rappers, nor do I think are the best rappers, but they're inarguable. If we're just gonna say top now, the question is are they the best? Well, now we need a rule break. We got to talk criteria. The next question would have to be, well, what about the specificity. Now, let's get nerdy here. Now, when it comes to hip hop, your boy can get nerdy. The specific art of wrapping pockets flow on TNDRAS topics. There are some things where the Venn diagram is perfect. Somebody like jay Z. When you go through his body of work, it's kind of like, this is undeniable. And I'm saying this as like a West Coast I believe the West. It's kind of undeniable. And Marshall mathers eminem same thing, absolutely undeniable. There's not a corner in the house of rap or hip hop that he has not mastered. I just you he might be a meme now you know, of course it can't stand and pull it a hand seeing which out the damn camp didn't I get it. He's a meme now. But as the art of rap, I'm sorry, y'all. All the way down to making radio sync like, there's there's just nothing he can't do. Some people would think that even my list of like the intangible, like not having Snoop on it is sacrilegious, and that's that's.
Speaker 1: A good argument. It's a good argument, but who do you take off?
Speaker 2: These are things that ruin group texts, But when it gets down to the art of rap, the caviare of it. You know, you could prefer a hot dog over a Filet mignon, and you could make an excellent hot dog, but a hot dog is not Filet Mignon. There are rappers who are just chef's kiss elite, and it may not be what you like. And a lot of these brothers didn't really sell as many albums as the other guys. I'm gonna quote jay Z truth be told, if skills sold, I'd probably be lyrically a Tai lib Kwalie. Truthfully, I want to rhyme like common sense, but I did five mil I ain't been rhyming like common sense.
Speaker 1: I think Commic took that to heart and started making some hits.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the point I'm making is the skill doesn't always equal the position as the top dog.
Speaker 1: I wonder if y'all.
Speaker 2: Could pick up where I'm going with this politically, and then sometimes it does somebody like a Ludacris. Ludacris skill wise is pretty untouchable, right, But I'm gonna start getting a little more obscure for you. Fonte from a group called Little Brother el Zi Lupe Fiasco. Come on, y'all, boy can rap. My personal favorite. One of my personal favorites is ac Alone from Freestyle Fellowship and my absolute favorite rapper when it comes to stuff like this, ferroh manche Go look up. Simon says, you'll know what I'm talking about. But who has strange enough become the de facto figure of someone who is probably better than everybody, but is never the choice. It's black thought of the roots. He's probably the best if he really is, but he's not our choice. I'm going to argue and prove to you in this podcast that in this GOP race for second place, we've seen this before, where probably the best choice, even if you don't like them or not like I Listen, I'm not a I'm not a fan of none of these people I'm about to talk about, but within their space there's a black thought, and I'm going to argue within this new twenty twenty four GOP.
Speaker 1: Race, that's Nicki Haley. Let me talk to you about it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, Nickie Haley, the black thought of the GOP right now. But now listen, I'm not saying he is like her or she is like him. I'm saying in the sense that she's probably the most qualified out of all these people, but she ain't gonna get it is, at least as of now, what I think. You know, I could be dead wrong. But look, I could be dead wrong. But before we get into that little update on what had happened, was so check this out, man, here's what's going on. I just got back from a three day board meeting with this org. I'm on the board for a called Search for Common Ground. If you know my history, you know that before I was on a board for this org called Search or Common Ground, I was on a board for this organization called Preemptive Love.
Speaker 1: These are peace making organizations, which.
Speaker 2: Are peace building is a little different than like humanitarian or relief organizations. It's definitely both NGOs, and they both do an element of humanitarian work. But when you're doing peace building, these are like ten year processes because you're going into conflict region understanding that conflict is inevitable, but violence is a choice.
Speaker 1: So if there are ways to create a.
Speaker 2: Viable sustainable society that we're going to work towards that, here's one thing I can tell you about the Common Ground approach is that Piece is built at the speed of trust, and the common Ground approach builds trust through cooperation, yielding results that endure because they have widespread buy in. They also have what's called a bottom up and top down approach, which basically means you do grassroots and you talk to the government, and change really only happens if you're doing both, if it's from the streets and from the offices, and they have access to both. It's pretty forty year old organization started by a journalist.
Speaker 1: It's pretty dope.
Speaker 2: Common Grounds or their teams are ninety percent local, so like they're in thirty three countries every place they are. Again, the staff is ninety percent local, so you from these regions. And again these are ten years progress. You know, Piece is built at the speed of trust.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, and here's one thing they say, like they have this framework that they say, these are the five vital signs of a healthy society.
Speaker 1: Physical violence.
Speaker 2: Do you feel safe when you walk down the street, So like, do you feel safe when you walk down the street. Okay, then we're doing good agency. Does what you say matter or Do you feel like the system is rigged? If you feel like the system is rigged, you ain't. You ain't got no health polarization? Are you stuck? Is there just a US versus them? In everything? Institutional legitimacy? Can you trust the news? Do you trust the police? And sustainable resourcing? Would you rather invest your tax dollars in the prisons or youth empowerment programs? Where your money going? Do I trust my institution? Do I feel safe here? Are the resources allocated fairly? Are my voices being heard? Are there people being silenced? Or is there grace polarization? If any of those things are there, then you don't have a healthy society. Which alarm bell should be going off in your own ear right now, because it's us fool. We don't have a we don't have a viable society. Now, we got debriefed on some different things they've done in different areas of conflict. They were in me and mar and they made a reality show over there about a woman president. That's pretty crazy, and because you know, we had a hard time with rape as a war weapon, right, and there were no female females running for office, So they started saying like how could we spark the imagination of allowing like female voices to be heard.
Speaker 1: That's one thing they did in other places.
Speaker 2: I think it was Nigeria, they created a soccer tournament with two feuding tribes. And again, now this wasn't Search's idea, it was the locals idea, like what are ways we can make we can spark dialogue among each other, you know. And but ultimately they are in Israel and Palestine. We got offices in the West Bank. We're working on relief and peace talks and humanitarian a that's happening right there. So you could trust that Chiboi prop is involved on the ground with the ORG. I'm a part of action trying to make this cease fire happen, right, I mean across the world, Like you know, across the world, we're all like, the shooting has to stop.
Speaker 1: But the question is what's gonna happen after they stop?
Speaker 2: And get this based on mountains of verifiable, studied and peer reviewed evidence. Even if your attitude is you are only in this for the safety and security of Israel, let's just say you that, like you're not worry about past Ida, you only hear for the safety of Israel. What Israel is doing verifiably guarantees more terrorism. When you just carpet bomb, when you respond with like a nation nation's worth of army and destruction, you either solidify support for the people you trying to eradicate or the group you're trying to eradicate, or you just create more your birth they're making, their actions are making to There is so much evidence of this anyway. So that's where I was right before Christmas, sitting down with like people in the trenches, hearing from the streets what's going on and how it can be involved. I'll drop a link as to like our website and how you can support we got I mean, we have a whole like merch store that are products from Afghani and Iraqi refugees. You supporting them directly, like we really in the trenches. You can trust your boy props in the trenches. Now that's that. Let's get to NICKI hate Nikki not being that girl name, which is a little bit of what I don't like about her.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, saying or Ted.
Speaker 2: Cruise, your name is Raphael Okay, at least at least if a vaik is down to say his name, you understand I'm talking about Nikki Bento.
Speaker 1: Oh Rourke Betho, you're gonna go with that? Oh man, he's so corny.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, the polls is talking if you could trust the poles, just like you know when you hear stuff like word on the street, like sometimes you could trust that, sometimes you can't. I personally feel like it's almost like a yop review. You have to feel really really strong to leave a review, like you either really love it or you really hate it. But most people just go in there and get their stuff and me.
Speaker 1: But we all read them. I just don't know how effective they are.
Speaker 2: But the poles are saying she putting a whooping on Santos and everybody else, and by whooping, I still mean they just racing for second place at least as of right now, Like this is a fight for second, which is already just funny. Now, of course anything can happen, you never know, but as of this point, she's surgeon in the poll. I think it's interesting to think about why she is and have seen this before and that's what the rest of this show is about. So Nimrita, Nikki Rond, Juanna Hayley, which is what that sister's name is you like rep your hood? Anyway, she plays a very unique role, not a very unique role. Actually, her role she plays is a role why why I brought up black thought. It is a role that happens actually in pretty much. I mean, we could go on forever as to the role that she plays in almost all.
Speaker 1: Modern elections.
Speaker 2: She is what's called the factional candidate, right, And what that means is this the vocab I said I was going to give you. A factional candidate is the type of candidate that appeals to a very special faction of the party that's dissatisfied with the front runner. So in other words, it's the person that don't like mainstream everybody like this person, but you can see your little crew y'all into the obscure.
Speaker 1: For us as rappers, it's.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, I get all the club, all the mumble rap stuff, but we in the lyrics.
Speaker 1: I wonte the lyrics. You know.
Speaker 2: So when you have a person like a Kendrick or a Cole who pops up and I'm like, that's a lyrical rapper. That person is like, Okay, they're an oddity. They they everything changes when it talks about somebody like that. But normally that's not the situation. The people that are into like I said in the beginning, you like your really obscure movies. Like Another one of those like moments that really happened is last year's Oscars The Everything Everywhere All at Once, like Winning All that.
Speaker 1: That was an indie film.
Speaker 2: That made everybody happy because that was an incredible movie and it was also indie and it was very artistically integral. That don't be happening, right, So I'm gonna give you some examples. Even when the strongest the front runners is out front, everybody don't like Big Dog. I told you Jay poc Nas, Big m every not into that. It's people that are like, look, they're still the number one, Like Drake is the I mean the people that don't like it.
Speaker 1: People don't like him.
Speaker 2: There is always a crowd of people that's not into the mainstream. So who are these candidates? Bernie Sanders against Hillary. Bernie was a true believer, like y'all remember that, Like Bernie bros. Like that was like a thing. But he moved the conversation. People like Ron Paul moved the conversation. Jesse Jackson back when I was a baby.
Speaker 1: That was a thing. Jesse Jackson was not just the first black dude to get on this thing. You understand.
Speaker 2: I'm saying like he had like a real following among like liberal Democrats, and Nicky nim Marita has moved into this position. Now you would say to yourself, why the hell would you do that? Or tell me a little more about Nicky. So if you don't know who Nickcky is, you know, well you should by now. But if you don't, remember she was the governor of South Carolina.
Speaker 1: She was a lady.
Speaker 2: That was the governor when the Queen of Black Women Reknew some baths climbed up and pulled that Confederate flag from down to pole.
Speaker 1: Y'all remember that happened.
Speaker 2: In twenty sixteen, and then Nikki Haley wanted a pat on the back where she said, okay, yeah, you're right, keep it down. It's like helf this why, I'm like, don't get me wrong, this ain't a Nikki fan. That brown woman actually like she actually allowed I mean, you you in South Carolina, so you gotta really be talking that whiteness it to be the governor up there? No, fam Like, there's some things about your collective experience that some of the math ain't mathing with you. But that's not that's why I'm not a fan. But that's not what I'm talking about here. Yeah, that line you gotta draw if you're trying to run for a Republican office, where you got to be like, I've experienced racism, but racism isn't real, Like.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how you go do that, But that's what they be trying to do. But she death did the bare minimum and agreed that that Confederate flag had no business hanging out in front of your stay office.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Then she became, you know, the ambassador to the UN under the Trump administration, and in her defense, she ain't really talk like Trump. I think in a lot of ways she didn't. She represented what we would call a neo conservative, which is a dying breed among the Republican Party, which is again a question as to like, why would you do that? It would be it's the equivalent of me as prop still putting out records that are like lyrical. Who listens to lyrical? And I'm like a lot of people listen to lyrical And I still love the craft. I still love it anyway. So the neo conservative that's like the foreign policy hawk, the person that's like, we still believe that we are a shining light on the hill.
Speaker 1: It's our job to police the nation.
Speaker 2: So we're rooting out communism and fascism everywhere across the world, so anybody could get it. If there's anybody struggling who need help. We ready to fight. Are we supposed be everywhere? The ones that was like, we're gonna invade the rock, We're gonna save Kuwait you feel me? Like that's that's that neo conservative that's like, we got guns shit and lower taxes and shoot guns. Of course, we're gonna send money to Ukraine because Putin can suck it. We love Israel, right like that neo conservative Trump Trump, them new Trump, the new version and the new versions has taken over that the Republican Party. They forty percent the maga Republicans like, no nigga, they are historic or they are what we would call isolationists. It's like, no, that's the whole America first thing, like nation first, Like no nigga, like keep that money here. Remember how he would say they not. He would say to the to NATO in the UN, y'all not giving enough. I want my money here, Like, nah, nigga, your Ukraine. We try, we try to help you figure that shit out yourself. Now they not giving foreign aid up to Ukraine. They're like, nah, we need to take care of our borders. Too many brown people here. We need to kick out all these colored folks. So that's that new isolationists like America. America ain't the only they have to do in America. You got all these immigrants coming here taking our jobs. Like isolationists. They mean just us no new friends. And by new friends, I mean nobody melanated. I don't hear them complaining about no Norwegian immigrants. But Nikki though Nikki old school, she''ll move like that. These new Republicans is also like hard headed. They hard headed on purpose. Y'all will call them extremists. They like, look, this is the only way we move.
Speaker 1: In there is.
Speaker 2: They no such thing as compromises, weakness, nigga, no abortion like they just it's just like build a wall. Like they don't. They not pragmatic, not in old school neo conservatives. They real pragmatic. They get in there, they wheel and deal. They try to figure out what's going on, and that's one of the things that's been an appeal to her, especially around the idea of abortion, where she was like, look, I'm pro life. That's for me and my house, okay, But as far as like a federal band homie, like, all right, you know you gonna need sixty percent of the Senate. You're never gonna get that shit passed. So like, let's find a consensus, let's figure something out. And she's like, at least, like, can we at least like y'all talking about prosecuting women going to get abortions? Like that's crazy, Like come on, fam. Like so she's very much a like I feel you, but come on, fam. So that moderate kind of like, well, let's let's just let's figure out what we could figure out.
Speaker 1: Now caveat when I say moderate.
Speaker 2: And reasonable, let's let's remember that that bar is very low of what I mean by.
Speaker 1: Moderate and reasonable.
Speaker 2: So like, let's remember this, Like again, it's ain't no standpage, it's.
Speaker 1: Just it's in relation to her party.
Speaker 2: You feel me, It's something that y'all who in a Republican party that's like, man, I'm not with all this mainstream maga shit, I like, I like that underground y'all messing with her.
Speaker 1: She also has oh I don't know experience.
Speaker 2: She looking at you other niggas like y'all ain't never done this job, like y'all don't know what the fuck you talking about? Like now in her defense she right now, I don't agree with her conclusions often, but.
Speaker 1: She's done the job, my nigga.
Speaker 2: Like so in relation to them, again, if you're in a room full of mumbo rappers, anybody can be an incredible lyricist.
Speaker 1: So if you're in a room full of people like that that's on that stage. I mean, of course, of course you gonna sound brilliant. You feel me.
Speaker 2: And the way that she stand up to evake Ryn's with cake, you know, like she not scared of that food, and that is like music to a lot of people's ears. She sound reasonable.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The final question was the one I want to answer right here, is like I don't understand why anybody would run period, Like why would you? Why have you not dropped out? You ain't the number one? Why would you do this?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 2: With full well you're finna be second place because listen the people I named why didn't Bernie Win, Why would you? Why would anyone not try to be on the radio. That doesn't make any sense. Why would you make music not try to be on the radio. Why would you not try to get a grim? Doesn't make sense? Why would you do something to not succeed? Look at you, Look at the Republican base. You like forty percent of them as Trump fans. It is what it is. But let's get specific. Look at the Liz Cheney book. Liz Cheney's argument is, okay, let's examine that forty percent.
Speaker 1: Though there's a forty percent.
Speaker 2: Inside of that forty percent, there's a group of him that's like, hell, yeah, the cement has settled, it's calcified.
Speaker 1: This is who we are. We are true believers, this is our savior.
Speaker 2: Let's go. There's another percentage in that group that's like, uh, I'm just I don't like this shit, but I'm scared to say anything because I don't want to lose. And then there's another percent that's like, uh, he's kind of just our only choice and until we get there's a lot of things I don't like about him, but until to convince me like that, like, show me somebody else that could pull this shit off the way that we need this shit pulled off, and I'll leave because like, I really don't like this nigga. He's just our best bet. So even in that forty there's a percentage. Now there's a twenty percent of the Republican Party that's like, like, we cannot stand this full and then there's the rest of the forty percent that's like he's just annoying. But the part that has blown my mind is that, like the ninety one felonies hasn't changed nobody's mind. Like that's the part to me that I'm like, y'all don't y'all don't care that this he faced like sticking by go to jail, Like y'all don't care. Now, the problem with that he's just annoying people. One would think that they're you could actually convince them. And what I would bet is, again using the music thing, ask a jay Z fan, do they like the roots? They're gonna be like, yeah, of course I do, right, Like I mean, I mean, yeah, you know, but if but Jay's married to Beyonce, nigga, like if they come in in town, you're going to that show, not gonna go to the root show you going on. I get it. You could probably name way more jay Z songs can than you can roots records. Most people listen to more than one genre, more than one artist, like you can like a.
Speaker 1: Lot of artists.
Speaker 2: But the point I'm making is the danger of what she's playing is the more pragmatic, the more she leans into the old school neo conservative hidden racism type shit, the more she stops appealing to that extra forty, she may chunk off a few of the twenties she might get. And then you got the twenty independents. You got the twenty percent of America that are independents that are like, uh, there's a part of Republicans that they would call them Biden curious where they like Okay, yeah, I mean I like a little bit of what he'd be saying. And it's just I can't stomach this Trump. I can't go through four more years. It is their possibility. But then there's the reality it is most of the country don't vote. Like I said on the Yelp review, you gotta feel real passionate to actually leave a review. Either you really love it or you really hate it. But that is not That's what I'm saying about the polls. You got to feel really passionate about this. When you have to call some sort of utility service or any customer service line and they say, hey, will you stay on the line for a five minute brief survey.
Speaker 1: Nigga, No, even if I hated it or if I loved it, No, I'm not to stay. I got shit to do.
Speaker 2: I'm not staying. That's most of America. There are so many Americans that just don't vote. Why cause they disillusion They like shit don't work. Everywhere on the.
Speaker 1: News, especially if you're a Republican.
Speaker 2: Everywhere all the news all you hear in is like, well it's dumb, like it's it's already, it's already by it, it's already Trump, Like what difference does it make? And speaking of which, Yo, that's where Bernie messed up, and where the Democrats are messing up right now, like they have all these people come out and vote for Bernie, like turned out all these young voters.
Speaker 1: Think about this right now, the whole ceasefire situation.
Speaker 2: Everybody under thirty who put Biden in office is like, my, nigga, I don't understand. We didn't vote because we was like, this is bullshit, but you sounded different what the you were supposed to and you ain't delivered, So I'm not coming out next year you want to vote for you again? Forget it, bro, That's what they messed up. Maybe Nikki can snatch them up because they was like, Nigga, Bernie ain't do shit. Bernie ain't say nothing about the ceasefire this nigga bien like, what the you just I don't know whether you care about it or not. What she is banking on is that chunk might actually come out and vote, because again, they might be part of the party. That's just like, I'm just I mean, she at least she sounded reasonable. Again, I'm talking about they party. I have found when people ask me, I have a lot of friends that are in other musical genres. Like my boy Chase Rice. He's a country singer, I believe it or not.
Speaker 1: A man.
Speaker 2: Drew Halcom, you know Americana dude. He played in the Macy's Day Parade. We every once in a while exchange playlists. He knows Biggie, he knows Pac I'm gonna send him Jay Dillar, I'm gonna send them Pharaoh I'm sending them black thought, and what they come back and say is, oh shit, this is an option. I thought I didn't really like hip hop.
Speaker 1: That's who she banking on.
Speaker 2: And lastly, I'm gonna give you one more example of why this might be a viable strategy. Maybe she may not win, but why do it? Let me ask you this, what does Diana Ross, Jimi Hendrix, Katie Perry, Snoop Dogg, Queen, Nicki, Minaj, Kiss, Chuck Berry, Brian McKnight, j Any Depeche Mode, Beach Boys, b York, Janis Joplin and Bob Marley have in common? Oh in Tupac and Sia and Kiss and Abba. They've never won Grammys. They've been nominated, they've never won. I need you to hear me again. Diana Ross has never won a Grammy. You can argue Bob Marley because he died young, but Sea Swing from the Chandelier, Lady Chuck Berry, the creator of rock and roll, Diana Ross, Journey never won Grammys. Just because you're the favorite don't mean you the best. These people on this list, they shaped music and culture as we know it. What was the point of Bernie Sanders. We're actually talking about universal health care. Climate change is actually on is an issue. These people change narratives in a way that just being the most popular can't do. But if you have the off chance that maybe you might get it, because all of them were nominated, they just never won. I'm not in her office. She might actually have a plan. I don't understand. But sometimes people run just to force the conversation, or they're banking on the next cycle, because remember, this is a whole party strategy, it's not just that person. And then when you talk about like Koch brother money, they world shaping. That's the way they thinking. Or you might be betting on the fact that again a lot of people just not voting, and like maybe you could get in there. The point is just because you in front, don't you mean you the best soap. It's my argument. He is the black thought of Republicans. This is no distant black thought who is arguably.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest, like argue, one of the greatest rappers ever.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying in their subgroup, she's actually the most electable in the traditional sense because she even got Koch Brother's money.
Speaker 1: Like that's absurd, it's gross, but it's absurd.
Speaker 2: She got it, So don't take my metaphor too far talking about he called her black. Thought, that's inspecting, Like, no, nigga, that's not what I'm saying. But I am saying just because you the favorite. So you guys learn something new. Called a factional candidate, and they've been all through history and they oftentimes have very real appeal. Rick Santorine. People really liked him, like they have real appeal, you know. Ron Paul was like he was doing great. Feel me, but we shall see poor politics, y'all. All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the Beast Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm a spell it for you because I know M.
Speaker 2: A T T O S O W s Ki dot com Matdowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and Noble mattow Sowski. Still killing the beats softly, so listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.