Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now, here's your host, Paul Charchian.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. I'm Paul Charchi and co host today Brian Johnson. Hey, what's up, charch hope you thanks for filling in last week. Appreciate that, No problem, Super cool.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot to.
Speaker 1: Get to these next four shows, the big Friday shows, not the micros we do in the Fantasy Football Weekly micros, which we encourage you to check out as well, deep dives in one player. They last about ten twelve minutes typically, and we're dropping those usually Monday through Thursday. But the next four big shows are going to be breaking down teams, what their offseason looked like. Do we think they're trending up, are they trending down? What are the key you need to know, who's being underdrafted, who's being overdrafted. And we're gonna get into that beginning with the NFC East and the AFC East.
Speaker 3: In just a moment.
Speaker 1: But first let's talk about Thursday's big news, with Dalvin Cook's long anticipated release finally coming to fruition.
Speaker 3: What are your first thoughts?
Speaker 1: So let's begining the mya the Minnesota backfield.
Speaker 3: What are your first thoughts there?
Speaker 4: Well, everyone's jumping to out Alexander Madison, Madison to the moon. People are a victory lapping when they were getting Madison around pick one hundred, which is justified. That's a good bargain now. But my gut is, you know people are gonna be overdrafting Madison now. It's not just now that Cook is gone. Madison isn't gonna get eighty percent of the touches and be this magical bell cow Ty. Chandler and Brookie Dwayne McBride are certainly going to factor in at cost as Madison's ADP is going to surge. I'm more interested than those two guys. I'll let people fight over Madison, reach for him, and I'll grab both in the later. Of course, there are ADP is gonna move up to now the Cook has gone, But really my attention is shifted to Chandler and McBride, and I'm just gonna let people overpay for Madison because he's somewhat med right.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not something special, but I've watched every single carry he's ever had in the NFL. Alexander Madison is, for the most part, a replaceable part.
Speaker 3: I believe that this is way.
Speaker 1: More of an open competition for the Week one starting job than anybody's talking about. And there's assumptions being made that ty Chandler can't factor and he was inactive for most games last year, that Dwayne McBride's seventh rounder, that he won't necessarily be a factor.
Speaker 3: I think this team is.
Speaker 1: A gonna let the best man win through training camp and B and Madison is the favorite, don't get me wrong. And B that if Madison struggles at any point, and likely I think he will for some stretch of time, they're gonna go to other guys and it could just be a rotation.
Speaker 4: It's not an elite offensive line in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: No, it's a middling offensive line. So it's a middle of the pack offensive line, which is an upgrade for where they from where they've been.
Speaker 4: So real quick. There were already a few free agent running backs of lingering out there, Kareem Hunt, Leonard Fournette, Ezekiel Alliol, Yeah, Ezekiel Elliott. They are just waiting to muck up some backfield situations. Now, Dalvin Cook is kind of ahead of that class. But do you think the Vikings can afford to dabble or will dabble in Hunt, Fournette, Zeke and really make a mess of their backfield again.
Speaker 3: Not at any cost.
Speaker 1: And it makes me if I had to pick one of those guys to find their way to Minnesota, it would be Hunt, who would be cheap. But at cost what it would take to sign in Ezekiel Elliott presumably is what they already had Dalvin Cook under contract for.
Speaker 3: So I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And they still this team is still paralyzed in a lot of ways until they get Justin Jefferson under contract. They really are not in a position to spend any money they don't have when they need to make Justin Jefferson the highest paid non quarterback in the lead, which is coming his way right where Dalvin Cook goes well, a future shout, we'll be talking about the Dalvin Cook landing spot.
Speaker 4: It might be one of the teams we're discussing.
Speaker 1: It could be, it could be, as we talk about the AFC and NFC East beginning.
Speaker 3: You want to go first, let's have you first. Let's go to the nfcut.
Speaker 4: How about DALLASR It sounds good. We're going to start with the off season moves that matter for each team. Starting there. I'm not going to start with a player. I'm gonna start with offensive coordinator, former offensive coordinator Kellen Moore now with the Chargers. Apparently he was scoring two touchdown too many touchdowns too fast.
Speaker 3: There is the second highest scoring offense in the league, right.
Speaker 4: Let's get him out of there. So, yeah, he's gone. Mike McCarthy's gonna be calling the plays head coach, as most of us know. Last year for Mike McCarthy, by the way, probably, but we'll talk about that in a second a little more. Ezekiel Elliott aforementioned he has gone, most likely not coming back. They've sort of left that door open, but highly unlikely. There no real depth added at the running back position besides Duce Vaughan drafted in like the fifth or sixth round. He's more of a past catching specialist. Malik Davis is still there. We might mention him in in a few minutes. Talk about him a little more. Also gone tight end Dalton Schultz in Houston. So we're looking at Jake Ferguson right now. I think is the favorite to be the starting tight end. They did draft uh Luke schoon scoon Maker Schoon Mocker. I don't know to pronounce something. I believe he's a he's a mocker even though there's no C. But I like I like Ferguson if I'm picking between those two guys right now. And Brandon Cook's also in town now at wide receiver to be starting alongside Cede Lamb of course, probably bumping Michael gallup to the slot. But Cooks can play the slot too, but.
Speaker 1: He count although he he he runs the majority of his stuff on the outside.
Speaker 4: He does so. But we don't want.
Speaker 1: Really is we don't want to see Ceedee Lamb stuck in the slot a lot because his production, just his overall fantasy production goes down when he has to run from the slot a lot.
Speaker 4: He is great, but I don't like how we always downgrade the slot because that's where the worst quarnerbacks are most of the time. Sometimes, but it should be a sort of a healthy rotation. But we will see Lamb in the slot for sure, but like him a lot this season. But well, the offensive overall be better or worse than last year? Can I say the same? Yeah, it kind of feels the same.
Speaker 3: Which would be very good for that offense.
Speaker 4: I still am kind of confused by just letting Kellen Moore walk, like you said, one of the most productive offensive offenses last year, with Dak Prescott mis seeing nearly half the season too. So but I'll say it's about the same. The most underdrafted player by ADP right now to me is I like where a lot of the players are. So this was kind of tough. But is Malik Davis, who is essentially free. He's free at RB seventy two, and if something were to happen to Pollard, we saw that happen at the end of last year, broke his ankle, should be good to go at the start of the season. I'm Malik Davis as that you're starting running back with Deuce Vaughan mixing in at running back, and the most overdrafted player by ADPA, Like I said, I kind of like where all these guys are. I don't hate any either, ADPs, but let's go with Tony Pollard who right now is going twenty second overall as RB seven. We've been waiting for this forever for Pollard to be the man, be the man, get all the care and yeah, he very well could be the man. And if he gets eighty percent of the touches, he has RB one potential. But going at RB seven, he seems a little boom or bust there. And in that range you can be drafting in one quarterback league's one of the big three quarterbacks most of the time, and I just feel a little safer going there. Maybe even like a T. Higgins is in that range. So he's my most overdrafted player, But really a lot of the ADPs feel right for the Cowboys right now.
Speaker 3: It makes sense.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Philadelphia, so we have to good cheese steaks. Though I assume you're right, I'm gonna be in Philadelphia in a few weeks. Ye, but I've never had the I've never had and all my trips Philadelphia, though, they've always been like, you know, I'm in for like half a day and I'm out. I've never been there long enough to get a legitimate Philly cheese steak. And what I don't want to do, I don't want to go to people in Philly have told me, don't go where all the tourists go, Ginos and Pats. That's like the yeah, don't go there. They're like the you know, the real you know, the locals know where to go. If that's you, If you can tell me where to go, please on Twitter at Paul Charchian tell me where to go in Philadelphia for a.
Speaker 3: Great cheese steak.
Speaker 1: All right, So the Eagles had very few fantasy relevant moves, although I'll say the Eagles could have the best defense in the league. For those that play with team defense, I think the Eagles are trending towards the best defense in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Coming to this year.
Speaker 1: Running back, they added Rashad Penny for as longing as he's healthy. Miles Sanders is out, so he effectively replaces him.
Speaker 3: Big move, a tight end. You want to fill people in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Dan Arnolds, Dan Arnold, baby, who hey. If you was on the Eagles last year when Dallas Goddard.
Speaker 3: Went down, it would have been te one.
Speaker 4: Take a chance on Dan every week for me. You might be getting there be it running back through it was another edition correct DeAndre.
Speaker 3: Swift, DeAndre Swift, thank you very much. Yep, and he was coming up next DeAndre Swift. That's fine, that's okay.
Speaker 1: DeAndre Swift is a notable addition as well, pass catching back and probably pass catching specialist. And Swift to me pretty much ends any hope for Kenneth Gainwell being a meaningful contributor from a fantasy standpoint.
Speaker 4: He's gonna need some injuries to be ignificant role.
Speaker 3: I got him, I got I got Gamewell in the Dynasty League. I'm gonnaut him ot right.
Speaker 1: I'll mention this quarterback, Marcus Mariota is there is one now, one of the better backups you could have. So it just allotted safety for the receivers as well, and they also added a utility lineman, Tyler Steam for a little offensive lineup grade. Now, will the Eagles be a better or worse offense than last year? Well, they were number two in points per game and number three and yards per game, so you know they're gonna be great again. And so they're gonna be right in that that area because they're returning all their major parts.
Speaker 4: The threat is, like you said, their defense is so good, and that's what you don't really want for your fantasy players on offense and sometimes yes, well yeah in a lot of cases, but yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: It might help the running game and there might be extra carries to be had out there.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 1: The most underdrafted player. And you'll appreciate this, And I know you and I are going to be in lockstep on this. Not Dan Arnold, not yet. Dallas Goddard perennially overlooked. I think at tight end he's going off the board at tight end six pick seventy one. Overall, he's going after Kyle Pits. Now, even you, the biggest Kyle Pitts supporter in the world, you would take Dallas Goddard before Kyle Pits, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It depends what kind of Formautain talking le suck killing me right now. It's a coin flip. If I had Jalen Hurts, I'm really just drafting beast ball right now. If I Jalen Hurts, I'm taking Goddard. It depends. But Goddard safer pick this year, for sure. But you know, to Dynasty like start up, I'm gonna still go for Pits over Goddard. But Goddard would have been Goddard is an every week.
Speaker 3: Top he finish his tight end six last year. I mean that, yeah, hurt six tight end is huge? Yeah right, great, that's yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Would have been the top three tight end. I know. Probably Goddard is the safer and no, he's not safe boring either. He's an election.
Speaker 3: No, Scoddard's got big upside.
Speaker 1: The most overdraft player in the Eagles to me is DeVonta Smith. He's going off the board at wide receiver twelve, pick twenty. And here's why, I think that's just too early for Smith, who is, don't get me wrong, a good receiver. He's not built for touchdowns physically, right, He's you know, he is not going to be like you know, he's not the big body, box out guys in the end zone kund of receiver.
Speaker 3: He's the opposite of that. And there's a.
Speaker 1: Ton of competition for touchdowns on an Eagle roster that's just loaded with scoring potential. I just I'm worried DeVonta Smith could be sitting on a five touchdown season, six seven touchdown season, and he's got to share receptions with AJ Brown, Dallas Goddard, Quz Watkins, Kenneth Gainwell, deanre Smith, Dan Arnold.
Speaker 3: I mean it's just there's just you know, he's a good player, but a wide receiver twelve, pick twenty, that's too that is too rich for my blood.
Speaker 4: On Devonte Smith, Yeah, he's a He's a much better basketball player than in standard formats where you have to play him every week because you're gonna get your down weeks from DeVante Smith for sure.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to New York Giants.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. Offseason moves that matter. The one that matters most for sure is they traded for Darren Waller, who is a tight end as we all know, but instantaneously becomes a top receiving option for the New York Giants.
Speaker 3: The top receiving he's the best receiver on the team.
Speaker 4: And he's not gonna be my most underdrafted player, but he was close, right because right now he's going off the board at tight end seven around pick eighty. He has tight end one potential. I mean, I'm probably not gonna you serve Travis Kelsey yet, but he's he's gonna be in the mix. He's he could be in the mix if he stays healthy for New York all season. Giants also drafted Jalen Hyatt, who is one of their like four or five slot receivers now, alongside Paris Campbell who they signed. I'm not too not much fantasy relevance there for Campbell. We'll talk about Hyatt a little bit more in a minute or two. And lastly, it should be noted that the Giants gave Daniel Jones the bag over the offseason, paid him at.
Speaker 3: Over thirty five million thirty seven million something like that.
Speaker 4: Meaning this could most likely be Saquon Barkley's last season with the Giants. And we love running backs in their contract year because they just get run into the ground and he's tagged. But same thing. Yeah, it could be his last year with the Giants, so they may just give him the classic DeMarco Murray treatment.
Speaker 3: Well, and the Josh Jacobs treatment from last year.
Speaker 4: That's true, and Josh Jacobs might get the Josh Jacobs treatment again. Well, we'll talk about the West later on in the month. But will the offense be better or worse than last year? The loss of Kenny Galladay certainly hurt stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, how are you gonna make up those sevens?
Speaker 4: Is whatever? He just disappeared into thin air. You know where he is Aruba, just to spend in his highlands with Kingsbury. Cliff Kingsbury, I heard he can't. I think he got a job Kingsbury sistant coach summer who cares, But I think he'll be a little bit better. The addition of Waller, he's the They didn't have a receiver of his caliber last year, or it's certainly not a tight end of his caliber. Jalen highlight. Hyatt is a nice player, a nice addition. They still got Barkley.
Speaker 3: I'm Luke Warman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. Well, he's especially in this off Eneah, We're gonna get to him a little later. But Brian Dable a great, great offensive minded head coach in his second year now, so they're only gonna improve on offense. I think the most underdrafted player to me, again, Waller was close, but I had to go with Isaiah Hodgins, who right now is going off the board at wide receiver eighty and outside of Waller, he's the other big body of guy. He's the starting outside boundary one of the boundary receivers. He only played half the year last year he was picked. You know, he was on the couch basically, well, no, he wasn't. He was waived. He was drafted by the Bills, waved put on waivers. They were hoping to get him back. The Giants were the only team to put in a claim on Hodgens. Hodgens, who really he was serviceable the second myself like fantasy service totally, and I got a peacock little I put him. I used him as a take on a few times. I was tweeting out, Hey, I'm grabbing him in every dynasty league. I can stashing him because he's six ' four and and the Bills have historically let go a lot of good wide receivers in the past. So Hodgens at pick one eighty two, wide receiver eighty he's going after Jalen Hyatt, who is the most overdrafted player to me as wide receiver sixty seven. And that's late, that's like pick one fifty. But still that's he should not be going before Isaiah Hodgins in my mind, he's totally small bodied, and they got a plethora of those guys Wandale Robinson.
Speaker 3: So would you rather Robinson at costs?
Speaker 4: For sure? Robinson going after Hodgens, I believe, But I'm a little worried about Robinson coming off the knee injury from last year, so I'm not too excited about his prospects either because of Hyatt. They're just kind of canna eat into each other's workload.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Washington, Okay, I used to live around there.
Speaker 4: We can Washington. Good Virginia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be there too. In the summer.
Speaker 1: A few weeks offseason moves that matter here was like basically nothing. I mean Washington was they just basically stood pat guards.
Speaker 3: They I'll mention this. They upgraded the guards.
Speaker 1: They added Andrew Wiley, who's a free agent for the Chiefs. Honesty's not great, and Brydon Daniels in the draft their marginal guard upgrades.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, really no changes this offense will be. However, I think a little better this year.
Speaker 1: And I went back to prep for the segment. I went back and watched every Sam Howell play from last year, most of which there weren't many, basically just week the Week eighteen game. The dude's really interesting, really interesting, way more than I thought. And first a couple of things. His mobility is legit now Okay, clearly not on the level of some of the elite runners. He's not Lamar Jackson, and he's not Josh Allen, and he's not Jalen Hurts, and he's not justin fields, but Sam Howels and that is right behind those guys in mobility, and I don't think that's something that people really recognize about him. I think he's gonna finish with five rushing touchdowns and like twenty five to thirty rushing yards per game. In that Week eighteen game, they gave him a bunch of designed runs, a bunch of designed runs, and the guys he's got some legit wheels. I think they're gonna use him this way. They gave him a lot of bootlegs and rolling pockets where they could use Sam Howell's mobility, and he was pretty accurate when he threw, even from the rolling pocket. He was throwing accurate passes. And the other thing I liked about how they used Sam Howell in Week eighteen, they gave him some deep passes to throw and they were good. He had one that was bad, but he had a bunch of deep passes that were really nice, and sideline deep passes to John Dotson. There's I'm not saying Sam Howell to Johan dottson his.
Speaker 3: Montana to Rice.
Speaker 1: But what I am saying is there's reason for upside in Sam Howell's legs and arm, and I'm really intrigued by him. I think he's a I love him as a late round super flex starting quarterback because he's gonna hit you with some big games rushing and a few decent games passing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or a backup in one quarterback leagues if you for sure. Yeah. I remember he was a rookie last year out of North Carolina. Some were saying he was going to be a first second round pick and he fell all the way to the fifth round and only really knew why. So yeah, I think and Washington is smart to me. They're gonna see what they got in Howl. They got Presett. They realized they're not going to beat the Eagles, right, so they they stood pat. We'll see if they have and Howl and that they'll enter the Caleb Williams lottery.
Speaker 1: Now they got Jacobe Brisette, as you mentioned, and right now they're saying it's a it's an open competition. Brissette might win the job at a training camp because Sam Howell is still so young, and he's only got the one start. And right now Washington thinks, you know, they're you know, they're playing like the super for the Super Bowl for thirty like thirty two other teams. I suppose, so they might start percent. But I'm telling you, Sam Howells got some of the attributes that you want on your fantasy team. And I think I think for basically what he costs you, which is nothing, I don't have his ADP in front of me.
Speaker 4: Do you I remember hy Oh he's like quarterback. He's good quarterback. Thirty Yeah, I think he's a very leet round pick. I remember I or this is probably why I fell in the draft. It came out before, right before the draft, that he's never eaten any bee for seafood. He only eats chicken his whole life. He's only chicken. He's out. He got the Will Lewis treatment because the Levis puts Mayo and his coffee and he's banana. Really concerned about your drop two.
Speaker 1: The most underdrafted player, though, is not Sam Hobbells. Obviously, based on everything I've said, I like.
Speaker 3: Him a lot. It's John Dotson.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We broke him down to detail in an FFW micro. I don't like an April He's this kid's got some real talent. Wide receiver forty off the board right now is wide receiver forty as the seventy seventh pick overall.
Speaker 3: He's going to outscore Terry McLaurin this year.
Speaker 4: Could happen. He the season very strong goal.
Speaker 1: He did improve dramatically over the course of last year. And I think if you believe in Sam Howell's development and his arm strength, it's there's gonna be bombs away to Dotson who's very fast. So and even if he doesn't, Jacoby Brissett's quality backup. So if you want more detail in John dottson why we love him, go back to the FFW micro that was posted on April twenty fourth for a deep dive on him. The most overdrafted player I just said his name, Terry McLaurin. If I think that John Dotson's gonna outscore McLaurin, then I think he's being overdrafted. Mclaurin's basically going at half or double the price wide receiver twenty six, forty eighth overall, and with McLaurin you get eleven hundred yards and five touchdowns every year we can Fantasy owners can find eleven hundred yards and five touchdowns at the seven to eleven.
Speaker 3: You do not need to go draft that spot.
Speaker 4: The Commanders have one of the tougher backfields to forecast. If you're gonna draft either Brian Robinson or Antonio Gibson. Robinson ADP Round one OWAI eight, Gibson one fourteen. Who'd effer?
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk. We're doing an FFW micro alright.
Speaker 1: The next week we're going to get one of those, and you'll get a chance to break down break down his prospects, and it's it's there's a really interesting twist to Antonio Gibson potentially coming up this uh this season that I can't wait to talk about. All right, I want to mention, speaking of things I can't wait to talk about. Gullantine Leagues dot com available and open for business.
Speaker 3: Start your league now.
Speaker 1: You can have a private league with friends between eight and eighteen people, or join a public league for at whatever prize level you want to play for, totally up to you, and drafts happening all the time. We've got numerous drafts happening right now as I'm speaking, and as you're listening, there are drafts going on at gatine leagues dot com.
Speaker 3: We encourage you to check that out.
Speaker 1: A total redesign of the mobile app coming later this month. If you load up the mobile app out, you'll get last year's app. But by the time this season starts really in Earnest and July August, the new mobile app will be there and you'll be drafting on that, which is beautiful. So yeah, uh, let's uh, let's let's see what's happening gonna dot com.
Speaker 3: We're very excited for that.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break and we're gonna go to the teams in the a f C East. Welcome back Paul Charchie and Brian Johnson with you. We're breaking down the teams in the East. We've already done the NFC, now the a f C.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'll let you go first. Do you want to uh? Do you want to start with the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can do that. Off season moves that matter. Uh. They let Mike Kasicki walk. He's now in New England. We'll talk about him.
Speaker 3: I'll talk about him in a few minutes.
Speaker 4: And we'll also talk about the Dolphins current tight end situation and a little less time than that. They also drafted Devon a chain. Is that what we're going with or is it a chain?
Speaker 3: I think it's a chain.
Speaker 4: I'm just calling one chains devon one chains. He'll compete with the Raheem Mostert and Jeff Wilson for touches. We'll talk about one chain a little bit more to in a minute or two. And lastly, they signed wide receiver Brax and Barrios. Not too much relevance here. He'll compete with Cedric Wilson for snaps from the slot. But of course we're all about Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddell, and I'm talking about wide receivers with the Dolphins. Will the offense be better or worse than last year? I'm going to stay better because I'm going to be optimistic and say Tua will play a full season, all right. I hope so, And that's all that needs to happen for it to be better. But Mike White interesting late round flyer and super flex leagues right now, not one quarterback leagues. If something were unfortunately to happen to Tua to his head specifically.
Speaker 1: And the next one will probably be the last. Yeah, That's the thing that worries me so much about Tua is, you know what, like a lot of guys, you know, anybody could get a concussion. But if it's week two and Tua gets a concussion, I don't think I don't think the team has it even in them to bring him back until November or something. I just think there would be so much momentum for him to just retire at that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm serned. I'm I'm essentially not drafting him right now, and hopefully he proves me wrong and everyone wrong. He's taking those precautionary measures, but there is certainly cause for concern. So two is not my most underdrafted player. He could be if again he plays with the full season. But uh, I'm going with Durham Smythe. We were talking about the tight end situation. He's free and he's tight end thirty eight right now. And you know, if you're if you're sloughing tight ends and you're just taking like three in the later rounds, why not Durham Smythe. I'm blanking on his competition. I was not trout man. It doesn't matter. He's on Denver now. Denver signed the other tight end that was in Miami. So it's the durham Smyth show. When it comes to tight end and you know it's it's gonna it should be a high flying offense and tight ends were involved last year. So durham smythe last round. If he doesn't pan out, you drop him and you pick up the hottest waiver wire commodity Week one. So I'm going because there really wasn't a lot of I didn't see a lot of underdrafted candidates for the they'll get me overdrafted overdrafted again. Everyone seemed about right where they were, But I went with one chain going off the board. Iss RB thirty six. Love his prospects, his potential. He's very fast. He's not like a bruiser by any means, not a three down back. But I don't know. It's really the matter of who I gueld getting his range. Antonio Gibson, who we sort of talked about. Damien Harris is there, who we'll talk about a little more in a minute. I just I don't know. He's got a competition in Mostert and Wilson. I want to see what he brings to the table in his rookie year and be going essentially inside the top thirty five running backs A little too early for me.
Speaker 3: A lot of there could be.
Speaker 1: I think it looks like it's going to be a frustrating committee in Miami.
Speaker 3: And if Dalvin Cook goes there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, said he's one of the teams, or if this is one of the teams, or he could essentially go to and we'll talk about another team he might be able to go to too.
Speaker 3: Cook lives, you know, grew up in Miami area at South Florida. Yeah, let's go to the Jets.
Speaker 1: The off season moves that matters obviously begins with Aaron Rodgers. He brought in two key targets from Green Bay, Alan Lazard, Randall Cobb. They also added me Cole Hardman in free agency kind of quietly. They also a couple of things that really people may not have noticed. They drafted interior lineman Joe Tipman in the second round, which I love Jenson Tipman.
Speaker 4: Oh tip oh Tipman. I thought it was the tip Okay, yes.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the opportunity to enunciate that, no problem. And they drafted running back is he a Bana Kanda who found himself honestly in a horrible landing spot.
Speaker 4: I hated it. He's one of my favorite running back prospects coming out.
Speaker 1: Right, but now he's stuck with Breisall coming back from his ACL Michael Carter and Zonova Knight looked damn good when they needed him at the end of the year. So all that and they traded away Elijah Moore. I think this offense is obviously going to be a lot better because Aaron Rodgers, even at the bitter end of his career, is way better than Zach Wilson.
Speaker 3: Maybe a lot better. Well, maybe the whole offense will be a lot better. I'll mention this.
Speaker 1: It's easy to rip Zach Wilson, and he wasn't good, But the team averaged twenty points per game with Zach Wilson thirteen without Zach Wilson.
Speaker 4: Did that sort of coincide with Grease Hall going down though two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably a contributing factor in that as well. So Benching Wilson was not auditioned by subtraction.
Speaker 3: It was subtraction. By subtraction.
Speaker 1: Offense didn't necessarily get better, although Mike White to me looked like the best quarterback they had on roster, and then as you mentioned at least Tam went to Miami. So who's the most underdrafted player for the Jets. It's Aaron Rodgers go off the board at quarterback sixteen, one hundred and twentieth overall, one season removed from being quarterback eight and last year he played with an injured thumb and rookie wideouts. Now he's got Garrett Wilson to throw too, and Al Lazard and Randall Cobb and so here he comes in healthy hand, all these good receivers. You know, I wouldn't would be surprised if Aaron Rodgers go after the board at quarterback sixteen, if you finished at quarterback ten.
Speaker 4: Oh not at all?
Speaker 3: Quarterback Ten's totally reasonable.
Speaker 4: Got to throw a name out there real quick. I think it's getting underdrafted too. Is Tyler Conklin aka Tyler Gronklin tight end twenty three and with Rogers.
Speaker 1: In town, now he could at least he has competent Yeah, at least he has competent quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: He's going a little too cheap for me.
Speaker 1: The most overdrafted player really Garrett Wilson, Breese Hall the only Jets getting drafted early. So I didn't really have a choice, I had to pick one of them, and I love Garrett Wilson, so I'll take Breese Hall as guy overdrafted player. He's going after board running back eleven, thirtieth overall, and I love the kid. After a slow start to the season, he was terrific in weeks four through seven and then probably got hurt. So I hope he's healthy and effective as early as week one, But running back eleven, I'm getting a paltry discount on a player coming off ACL and it could be a JK.
Speaker 3: Dobbins scenario all over again. I mean JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins will look great, then he got the ACL and he wasn't able to be anywhere near like.
Speaker 3: Himself in the first year back.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like that's a heavy price to pay for Breece Hall.
Speaker 4: And the fact they drafted a Banaconda maintained Michael carter Is on Evian Knight. It's basically a no go for me. He's not going to be the player you expect him to be when he comes back. He's not gonna have the he's not gonna get the workload you're you're wanting from him either. I mean the guillotine league's full stop.
Speaker 1: No way super to anybody coming off ACL highly dangerous in a guillotine format.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm off. Just there's just no discs.
Speaker 1: There's not a big enough discount built into Bree Hall's price, no matter how much we love him.
Speaker 3: Okay, next team up is the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 4: Brian another team Dalvin Cook. There are rumors he could go with there just.
Speaker 1: Because alongside, but it'd be pretty cool if it worked out that way.
Speaker 4: It would, but it wouldn't be cool for Damian Harris, who right now it was the biggest offseason move they made. Devin Singletary now in Houston. Harris most likely the you know, the early down back at the first second down touches, goal line touches. If it's not Josh Allen, not going to be James Cook, that's for sure. They also drafted Dalton Kincaid in the first round, very athletic tight end who's expected to play quote unquote big slot. Isaiah McKenzie is now with the Colts, so really their need of a slot receiver, We'll talk about one of the other receivers. I like that's not Stefan Diggs or Gabe Davis in a few minutes. And last year they signed Latavius Murray as well at running back, but very little fantasy relevance there for now for Murray, will the offense be better or worse than last year? It's not going to be wetter. Yeah, But Damien Harris is an upgrade over David Singletary. I think you would agree. I know you love it.
Speaker 3: I love Damien Harris, so you don't have to sell me on it.
Speaker 4: A healthy Damien Harris. H Dalton Kincaid could be an X factor. Travis Kelcey light per se something like that. Your receiving tight end. Yeah, he's a you know, he could Kyle pittshead over a thousand yards his rookie year and he was.
Speaker 3: But I was told that that was generational output. It was a rookie.
Speaker 4: Well it was like Mike Ditka did it in the old days, and like Jeremy Shock, you don't no one else has done it. But uh, kin Kaid, you know, I think he's an upgrade over Cole Beasley in Isaiah McKenzie. It's not hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he's gonna be a stand up slot receiver.
Speaker 4: But uh, someone who could work their way into the mix or they will he will work his way into the receiving mix. Is my most underdrafted player, and that's Khalil Shakir, who's a rookie. Last year showed some flashes, didn't get a ton of opportunities. But now with McKenzie gone, Uh.
Speaker 3: He should be in the rotation slot receiver.
Speaker 4: Probably, And what going off the board is wide receiver eighty three. That's just inside the top two hundred picks, almost outside of it. Uh. And if something were to happen to Diggs or Davis, he he can go to the outside too. He has that size. So uh, Shakir. If I'm drafting Josh Allen best ball, I'm grabbing him in virtually every draft. I do that just to stack him with Allen. He's dirt cheap and the most overdrafted player to me. James Cook going off the board as RB thirty right now, almost two full rounds before Damien Harris. Maybe that makes sense in full PPR leagues, but in non PPR even half PPR, way too early for me. He's not getting the goal line. Touches a lot of you know, Alan can run, as we all know, and Damien Harris in town. There's lots of receiving threats and Diggs, Davis, mckin caage, Shakir So RB thirty. That's way too early for James Cook for me, especially if you got a if it's not best ball and you have to pick pick your spots when to start him, it's going to be a frustrating season.
Speaker 3: I'll mention.
Speaker 1: We also broke down James Cook in a Fantasy Football Weekly micro addition probably six weeks ago, and Tyler and I came to the same conclusion that he's being overdrafted for the likely productivity that he's going to give you, and so had we had some real hesitancy on James Cook, which I didn't.
Speaker 3: Expect because you know, just I you know, eyes on him. He's a pretty good back.
Speaker 1: But there were there was a lot of concern that we that we that we found, especially given his ADP final team We're going to talk about over the course of the show New England. The offseason moves that matter were just a few. The aforementioned Damien Harris, who I love and I'm I'm I'm disappointed in the Patriots decision to let him go, and then they backfilmed with James Robinson, who was awful last year. I I don't think James Robinson's gonna make the team. We'll find out, but they signed James Robinson you mentioned earlier. Patriots also signed Mike Kiseki. They traded away John O John whom I beloved John, and the Patriots signed wide receiver Jujus Smith Schuster after allowing Jacoby Myers to leave for Las Vegas. This offense is going to be bad, worse than last year because Jujus smiths Schuster is a sizable downgrade from Jacoby Myers. Robinson is a far worse runner than Damian Harris. Riley Reef is a starting right tackle at the very bitter end of his career. We thought he was gonna hang it up three years ago. Mac Jones it's a make or break year for him, but there's he's shown no signs that he's going to break out in twenty twenty three. I think this offense gets worse. The most underdrafted player and this guy does interest me. Starting wide receiver, probable starting wide receiver for the Patriots, Taekwon Thornton in year two. He's going off the board, basically free wide receiver seventy five, Pick one hundred and seventy one. Taekwon Thornton is the most athletic upside of any of the Patriots receivers by a mile. He is a second rounder last year. Now in his sophomore year, he's got a chance to be the Week one starter bipas.
Speaker 3: All he has to do is get past Devonte.
Speaker 1: Parker, which is not tough, and he would be the starter last year. After doing basically nothing for the first thirteen weeks, Taekwon Thornton came alive in December and he averaged fifty two snaps per game, So we had earned the trust of Bill Belichick at the end of the year, and I think Thornton's going to be the starter rolling into this season. The most underdraft overdrafted player is Juju Smith Schuster, who brings nothing to the table, zero upside athletically, a possession receiver and a bottom tier passing offense going off the board way too high wide receiver forty nine, pick ninety eight overall. No way am I burning a double digit pick on Juju Smith Schuster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've put him in my anti hue every draft I've done.
Speaker 3: Do not move thickness guy with I will just.
Speaker 4: Delete him from Yeah the player listing, please, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: Any other thoughts, No, yeah, the Patriots are gonna be gross. Yeah, Thornton and of course from Andre Stevens. Yeah, only only two.
Speaker 1: I almost used him for the most underdrafted player because I don't think people realize that he's got like top five.
Speaker 3: Running back up side.
Speaker 4: He does, but he is. He's not like he's going incredibly late either, He's he's late second guy.
Speaker 1: I think I think his ADP is like pick yeah twenty or something, so yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Not He's right there with the Hollered. Yeah, he's right in that range. Yep.
Speaker 1: And if if Stevenson he can catch a little, if they give him passes it, then you know all bets are off because Stevens is a really good runner, So that would be that'd be a fascinating development.
Speaker 3: I know some people are on the.
Speaker 1: Ti Montgomery train. Yeah I'm not listening to.
Speaker 4: It and been there, done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly how many times do you have to be wrong before you stop telling us Ti Montgomery is going to be an elite pass catching running back.
Speaker 3: Not listening he's got like.
Speaker 4: Well, he's like a tight tight end eligibility now or something. I know he doesn't have that, but he's like a wide receiverybody's running. I don't know that's that's really the angle there with him, or I don't even care. Yeah, I'm not I'm not following for that again.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for listening, everybody. Appreciate you getting to the end of Fantasy Football Weekly breaking down eight teams super fast style. Hopefully you got a bunch of good, good data out of this, and we'll be back next week and also next week. I'll continue to mention Fantasy Football Weekly. Micro's coming next week as well every day of the week, and then we'll break down another set of teams next Friday as well. Thanks for listening, everybody, talk to you soon. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.