Speaker 1: Practice today.
Speaker 2: Jordan Mason hamstring won't practice, Ray Ray McLeod rib won't practice, Eric Armstead foot won't practice.
Speaker 1: Spencer Burford knee limited.
Speaker 3: Is Eric's foot injury something similar to what he deal with last year?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure exactly. Yeah, I know it's his foot. Sorry, how similar it is.
Speaker 4: You don't want it.
Speaker 5: To rain today or other provisions you're doing to prepare for what might be a.
Speaker 4: Pretty rainy game.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want it to rain today, and we'll deal with whatever happens Sunday, but rather be dry out there today, and I don't want to take our team in the bubble, so I'm enjoy being outside today.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you've ben asked about this Cleveland game. Definitely seemed to be some slippery stuff for BROP.
Speaker 5: Do you think there's any changes made there, any preparation then, No.
Speaker 2: I mean the web ball is makes it harder than everybody. I think Brock. I've had some guys who really struggle on the rain. I've been through some situations with Brock, not just a game, but practice. But I think he's as good as any quarterback I had in rain. He's dealt with it a lot at Iowa State, and I don't think there's much practicing and rain to doesn't get less slippery.
Speaker 1: So we'll just try to have a fishing one a day and deal with Sunday.
Speaker 4: You make your quarterbacks practice with a web practice.
Speaker 2: No you it's usually like that from how sweaty guys are though.
Speaker 1: Anyways, you practice that just question.
Speaker 2: Might We're gonna do like ten live reps of it today. See we've had anybody left after it.
Speaker 1: No, you don't practice it's to deal with that. It's such a big you just you coach it up and tell them where we want guys and stuff.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna spend a lot of time on it, but we're gonna talk about it, show it, and do as good as we can.
Speaker 4: What are the keys to stopping Jalen's he do?
Speaker 2: You want to try to keep him out of those situations first and foremost. I know it's possible to stop, but I think it's pretty proven that it's extremely hard. So you try to keep them out of those situations. And they do such a good job of balancing everything out with the dropbacks, the play actions, the RPOs, the quarterback run game, the regular run game, so it's really impossible to stay ahead of them in terms of who has the chalk last, and they got a lot of answers in their run game and stuff which can put him in some pretty good situations.
Speaker 1: So you got to be able to weather the storm. When they get you.
Speaker 2: Let it be a first down and not a touchdown. Play very disciplined, very sound, and when you get your opportunity to make plays, you can't miss them.
Speaker 3: Dallas game, being proud you were how they stayed in the moment and didn't make it bigger than it was.
Speaker 4: That apply this week too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it applies every week, but I think it's always tough for when the moment's a lot bigger outside of the building, just because obvious ramifications and the history. But that's the moment is exactly what it is every Sunday, and you gotta make sure that's reality for our players.
Speaker 4: All you guys are the favorites going into this game. If they're the home team, they they've lost one game, but you're the favorites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I don't really know how that stuff works, so.
Speaker 1: I don't really know why it is random.
Speaker 6: You guys had some interesting cornerbacks at the trade deadline. Does the way Ambrey has played the last I guess three games make you feel any better about what you have back there in that situation.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, we just looked at opportunities that were available. But I think Ambrey he's gotten his opportunity here in the last month and that he's done a good job throughout all of it. And I think he's gotten better each week. So I've been really happy with him and him being ready for this and how he's improven as he goes about it too.
Speaker 6: I guess a homework of his career is a little inconsistency. Like you know, sometimes it was like, well, he's arrived, you know, and then maybe it takes a step back. Do you see something in him that would suggest maybe he's arrived.
Speaker 2: Maybe I've seen him every day throughout this whole season, and I think even going back to training camp in this offseason, I think a lot clicked for him.
Speaker 1: I think it's always tough.
Speaker 2: I go back to him a lot his first year when guys get thrown in positions their first year and stuff because injuries and things are not quite ready for and then they still have some success. I think it's always a little harder for the reality the next year, and I think he hit that step back. But I thought talking about this last year, he learned so much, and you could see him this offseason how improved and how much more mature he was in terms of just day in and day out and consistent. And I know he hasn't got all his ops throughout the year, which could be frustrating, but that's what's been so cool about him is he never felt bad for himself or anything. He's just kept working like he did in camp, and that's why he's a better player each and every week.
Speaker 4: How much Gamador handles, you know, kind of back and forth a little bit, and then you know just the way he's kind of accepted that challenge.
Speaker 2: I can't say enough about Demo. I mean, Demo has been so good on the outside, and when we asked him to go inside, he goes in there. Aaron plays the exact same way. Wherever Demo stays at. He always gets really good at it. And we need them in both areas, which puts a lot of stress on them. But I can't tell you how happy I've been with his style. Of play, and I know we've had to switch them for some key situations, but he keeps getting better and better at those spots.
Speaker 4: Like his reps inside.
Speaker 1: And out similar as everyone else's.
Speaker 2: I mean, you get have the plays at Nickel as a starter in our backup gets about half and so it's probably like four to two.
Speaker 4: So it's such a difficult thing to do. Play outside inside.
Speaker 2: Just totally different positions. One's basically a linebacker, another one's a corner, which is and when I say that, I mean one's inside all the time and the other ones usually outside. And there's just a lot of different combinations you can deal with. I mean, there's nothing different than a nickelback and a linebacker. If we take Juice our fullback and in the I formation and we move them out to the slot, you'll watch Dre or Greenlaw go out with them.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what a Nicholas.
Speaker 2: If we took Juan and brought them back to the eye, then you'd see our nickel playing inside linebacker and so just the gaps and all the run stuff, and it's just a huge difference for them.
Speaker 5: Can you go back to last January at all or do you just throw out whatever you were doing that game plan and.
Speaker 4: Start from scratch.
Speaker 1: You throw it out and start from scratch.
Speaker 2: I mean you would if it's early in the year, but when you have this much tape, you don't like to watch what they were into last year. Or we're just both different teams, different styles. You evolve all the time, and you evolve each week, and I think a lot of that stuff can in my history, it hurts you more than it helps every challenge. I mean, they're both true number one receivers. They're both huge threats on the outside outside of the numbers in every route. They both can run a go route and a comeback. They both can run by you. They both can go up for it, and when they can do that vertically and drop their hips, that's tough on the outside. And they also can run slants and go over the middle. So the two of the better receivers in this league.
Speaker 5: Sure, when you guys lost your quarterback, they ran it forty four times that you guys, do you like have pushed around a little bit? What do you think about the way your defense looks run defense wise on film?
Speaker 2: I think we've I don't think we've done a decent job this year. I think we're ranked wise pretty good. But I really, I really think we've been going the right direction here these last few weeks, just getting better each week. And Philly is as big of a challenge stopping the run as anyone in the league, not just this year but over the last few years. So we're ready for the challenge, excited for the challenge, and it's definitely a challenge.
Speaker 5: I know you were impressed with Rock from the beginning of OTAs.
Speaker 4: Last season and in the training camp, but in scout sessions, was there anything that stood out about him?
Speaker 5: Did you like say, Okay, there's something happening here while he was running his scout team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's when guys, I mean the same things that happened when he got three reps in OTAs. It's like you talk about all day, It's like, man, those three reps were pretty decisive and good and kept throughout training camp, and then you got him on scout team and you're doing other stuff. But at the end of the day, you're like, wow, did you see those couple of players that Brock made on scout team? And that's kind of how he's so I've it's always been the same with them. It was just everyone always players, coaches, personnel, guys like everyone always had good things to say about them. But it was how's it going to be when he gets in the game, And it's been just like it is in practice.
Speaker 4: Last year in the.
Speaker 6: NFC Championship game going back this year, is there any management mentally potential trauma?
Speaker 4: Not to be dramatic, but is there any of that with him?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I mean, I'm not no, I want to think so at all.
Speaker 2: And it's I think all that stuff for guys when have big injuries, I think once I think the first game, the first hit, things like that. They're a little bit vulnerable too with post traumatic stress. But I think once you get through that stuff, I think it's over for the most part.
Speaker 4: Playing Jalen Hurts on scout team.
Speaker 2: This week, Sam Darnold, Brandon Allen, let think our quarterbacks are over?
Speaker 1: Said, yeah too?
Speaker 4: Is Eric arm said? Has he been? He and Hargrave played off each other better in these last few weeks too, I mean, how has that hand up kind of developed over these ten games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they've played really well off each other. That's kind of what I've been trying to. I know, are our production. Everything's gone up huge with our d line. That's kind of what I just mean by just the whole group has been doing really well together. It's never just one guy, and it's been one guy a lot here and there, all different guys, but all of them collectively, I feel like out of the top of their game right now. You go through EBB and flows throughout the year, and I feel like they've been at the top of their game last couple of weeks and get better worse. So hopefully we can get that keep that going.
Speaker 4: Specifically about hard Grave, that's kind of jumped out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Hardgrave's I think I think he's been real consistent all year. I thought, you know, I think the game he's struggled in the most was the Cincinnati game, and I think that he was a guy who looked like he needed rest more than anyone just at that time. And I think he got that. And I think he's looked is every other game since.
Speaker 3: Caris in here for the practice squad. He's got a lot of special teams experience. He's been a personal protector I think before and is he an option for the ODEM spot and now significant loss.
Speaker 1: That's a huge loss. I mean, George is one of the leaders on our.
Speaker 2: Team, one of the best players in the league to me on special teams, and he gives us great depth of safety because he was the next man up to help us out of safety, which already down with Hugh. So who's down special team is a big deal and our depth of safety is a big deal. So that's stuff we do. Got to be creative with a little bit. Everyone does have an opportunity. Hopefully we'll see how his practice week goes to who can help us out on special teams the most and who also do we feel comfortable with that safety?
Speaker 1: Kids, there's injuries.
Speaker 5: If you score the touchdown, the camera pan to your father in the end zone. He looked very pleased. He obviously was a great play scheme or play designer. Do you lean on him in any official capacity in big games like this to watch film or do anything and help you prepare.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, my dad for a lot more, just not real schematically or anything like that. He he knows how much you got to put into that to give suggestions. I mean, anyone can give a suggestion if they watch one thing and that might be good for that one thing, but oh my god, it's gonna screw you for the other things that you watched for three days. So it's he's very careful of that stuff. But he's been through a lot and real close, so I mean, I just I get advice from him on everything.
Speaker 4: Moon.
Speaker 6: He said he was traveling with DK and it was your and John Lynch's, you know, suggested to the defensive staff that that happened if that attack. Is that unusual for John to weigh in on something like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, John and I talk about everything, so it's not really like that. John just knew how I felt about something, and he just relaid something to me that I heard about, and so I just went and talked about it and fixed it.
Speaker 1: Just that he wasn't sure if you were doing it every.
Speaker 2: Time, and which I understood why, and but I just wanted to talk about it, and that's I think.
Speaker 1: It was overblown a little bit.
Speaker 2: But I had an opinion on how I wanted to start it out, and so I just shared that with some of the guys and they agreed, and once the mooney was on board and made it pretty easy.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks guys,