Speaker 1: Of the law and Order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies.
Speaker 3: These episodes are based on These are our stories.
Speaker 4: Done done?
Speaker 2: Yay, that's messed up? An SVU podcast. I am Lisa. Hello, Hello Lisa, I'm Kara.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: How is everybody doing post Thanksgiving? I hope you all survived being with your families, hopefully not talking about politics.
Speaker 3: I was not with my family, you were, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it was a magical Three days is a perfect amount of time. Yeah, I think that was there like a day longer, but like with travel, so it evens. Yeah, but I think three days is really like a magical number for family. Sweet spot Totally. There's really no time, at least for me. You know, obviously there's there's someone I know who I didn't. I was shown yesterday that their Thanksgiving posts on social media said and we weren't even at his family's house for a half hour. His brother physically assaulted him. We had to go to the hospital. We're in the you know, we're we're filing charges and eating McDonald's and so, you know, I guess some people don't even have thirty minutes, so.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: I mean, somebody shared like a meme or a tweet that was like, if your family fights at Thanksgiving, go live. I was like, I love that, Like I want to see people's fights in real time.
Speaker 2: But I also love the trend on social media of like posting people that pretend to be poor and then you see they have like an island in their kitchen and you're like, okay, those are some pretty high ceilings.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just was home with my family and another couple came over with their kid, and none of our kids touched any of the food except for the ice cream at.
Speaker 2: The end, and but we had we had a good little dinner. I'm about to do a new thing I saw on the internet. It might not be new to everyone, I messaged the friend. I want to do this with shout out, but buying ice cream sandwiches like the classic kind and then a bag of Eminem minis and then you like dip and bite like you did, and then the eminem stick to the fucking ice cream sandwich.
Speaker 1: C or I was thinking when you first said it that you just decorate the side of it, like of an ice cream sandwich with the minis, but the dipping is much more efficient.
Speaker 2: Y that made cut because I feel if because I get that they have the cookie sandwich eminem thing, but I don't like an ice cream cookie sandwich. That's like not my fun, rather a postcle I am not entested. Yeah, I don't want the hard cookie anyways, So did you but you didn't cook?
Speaker 3: Where did you get the food I did? I made shocked.
Speaker 1: I made mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, cream corn wow, and rolls. But they're the kind that you pop from Bill's very fine. I stuck those in the oven. Yeah, so I made like half the things. And then my friend made a turkey roast because you know, only her and my husband and her husband eat the meat, so they had some turkey, and then she made like a salad and sweet potatoes and.
Speaker 3: Like one other vegetables she made. It was good.
Speaker 1: It was We had a lot of food for like four adults because the children wouldn't touch anything, you know, but it was well, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: You have to have the dishes, so there ends up obviously being too much food. I'm all about the sides, Like I want stuffing. I ate the most amount of stuffing. I took the stuffing home and I ate it for breakfast the next day twice, like I was stuffing.
Speaker 3: That's what she made.
Speaker 1: She made stuffing, and she made vegetarian stuffing for me, and she was like, I was worried, but it was so good.
Speaker 3: It was really delicious.
Speaker 2: I don't even know anything's made. No one expects anything out of me. I just show up and everyone's happy that I'm there. And I usually would bring dessert like I do, like to purchase Italian cookies. Kate, like, I like, I like to take that on, but my mom's obviously gonna bake, so we just put her to work.
Speaker 1: So I really, I mean, that is where she's happy, right. It's not like you're, oh, of course not, she's sick.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like a double edged like I don't know, like I don't know what she really has outside of cooking for us. We love it. It is so good, we need it. But no, she's like in a prison of in the kitchen, Like the kitchen is her prison.
Speaker 3: She does not leave it.
Speaker 2: She has to feed my father and we all are demanding dishes from her at all times when we're in town. Like the bitch is at work at all at all moments of the day, and I to work. So my mom takes Pillsberry like crescent biscuit dough and in it she chops up like hard boiled eggs and onions and then she fries that and.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite dishes. Well, that sounds so good.
Speaker 2: It's so good. It's but it is extra. She did fuck it up this year. We didn't take it, and I was like, great, leave it for me at the house. I'm thrilled with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The coolest moment I guess I had was Friday. I went to see Wicked with my mommy lan's mom, and my sister. My niece canceled on us. How dare No, it's fine. She had a brunch. She had a brunch, so we dressed up. It was great, loved it. We'll obviously get into it. But then it ends.
Speaker 3: My sister turns to me and she goes, Elon's outside.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 3: No, she actually knows me.
Speaker 2: She goes pee and go, and I was like, okay, So I peed and then I jump in the car. Elon's in there with his three you know, adult children, and then we all get to the Bulls game. We are parked and at tip off at seven oh five, like we are there, like we enter as the star spangled banner is being saying, oh wow, the timing, the timing.
Speaker 3: I'm in green and the Bulls are playing the Celtics. Thank god.
Speaker 2: My nephew said something. I had a black undershirt. I took off my bow like I tried to degreenify for the Bulls game. But it was like an electric game. And Okay, Benny the Bull his thing. I mean, he's really cute. Before Ellie the Elephant, Benny the Bull is like I feel the top mascot.
Speaker 3: Mascot. Yeah, but his thing is so funny.
Speaker 2: And jewel Osco is my grocery store of choice, our local one. But so his thing, like there's a clip and it's like, ah, Benny's getting ready and basically he takes giant, giant bags of popcorn and he goes into the stands and he just starts dancing sexy spins as the popcorn flies out of the bag on everyone. And that's his like thing. I was and I would I was dying laughing. It was like that looking crazy.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking at a picture of him. He looks like he would He looks.
Speaker 1: Like he would be dancing to like Potty Rocas in the house.
Speaker 3: It's Chaka Laca, Chaka Loaca.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's more nineties, but always trying to recreate the magic.
Speaker 3: But you see, like I I eyes, the big eyes are cue.
Speaker 2: And one of the first photos is him with this mass You gotta the popcorn is so funny, Google Betty the Bull popcorn. I want you to kind of just like see how I gotta see this sexy popcorn dance from this bowl? All right, it's just my job, funny thing to have.
Speaker 1: It's like a huge bag. It's like a huge movie theater bag. And it's, oh my god, the picture I'm seeing looks like a tornado of popcorn.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, stupid.
Speaker 1: And everybody's just like, wow, we're covered in popcorn. That's so fun.
Speaker 2: I just feel if Ellie the Elephant was like out on the town trying to get like date, she would be dating Benny, like there's no one else be hooking up with, like they connect energy wise, like Chicago New York.
Speaker 3: I think that's a fun mix.
Speaker 1: Benny the Bull, the mascot for the Chicago Bulls, pulls down four hundred k annually from some random source source that I just clicked on.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: So my niece is kind of obsessed with looking up if people are Jewish or not, and she has all these websites and anytime there's an actor anywhere anything, she's just like looking up who's Jewish on the bulls, on any team.
Speaker 3: And so somehow she did look me up.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what the site is, but I'm a comedian born in Ukraine. I'm number seven, and it's like, okay, I'd like to meet one through six, Yeah, yeah, who are one through six? But then virgo named Lisa. I'm number five, so like, come on, I don't know what. But I'm like two hundred and sixty something thousand. I don't know what the site is, but I think it's like a Jewish collecting side of people.
Speaker 3: But I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what other famous Lisas or Eliza's there are besides Manelli.
Speaker 3: I mean Gibbons.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm sure maybe so yeah, but do science or you know, astronauts like who fucking knows.
Speaker 1: I love these I love these sites where they rank people like that, like the other podcast I listened to who Weekly that I've told you about. They do Who's They go on this website. They play a game called Who's Most Famous Birthdays? Because there's this webit site called Famous Birthdays, and they kind of quiz each other of like who do you think ranks higher than someone else? Because it'll be like, oh, on this day, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz and then like a YouTuber and it'll be like Who's the most famous birthday? And it'll be like the YouTuber because it'll of like followers and impressions or whatever. I don't know where they get their info from, but Whose Most Famous Birthdays is a.
Speaker 3: Funny little game they play.
Speaker 1: But I speaking of movies, I do want to hear your wicked review, but I gotta.
Speaker 2: Say I do also at the game. Can I tell you the most selective part of the sporting event? Yes, it's when the little like Dunkin Donuts caricatures race like it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is the loudest. It is what it is like.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's Midwest, if it's everywhere, because that's how I felt that the Cyclones game too, But like I just feel when the inanimate food objects but they aren't animated. I mean, I don't know what to say when the when the food sponsored objects race on the screen, it feel.
Speaker 1: Like we can all come together. We're all one nation. When that happens, I feel everybody just together.
Speaker 2: So many Chicago things, Like it's just like a picture of a hot dog on the screens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was a thing. You're registered.
Speaker 2: If the opposing player misses two consecutive free throws in the fourth quarter, you'll win a free hot dog for Portillo's sent to your email. Like it's just like we are at parody of ourselves.
Speaker 3: But any so good. Anyways, mowana to on.
Speaker 1: I've seen some Thanksgiving Day at ten am, and I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Speaker 3: It was hot garbage. It was good. They haven't even been doing press, like they know what's bad. But do you know how it made so much?
Speaker 1: It means like two hundred million dollars, like because kids will go fucking see whatever. And also the first one was so good, and it's like Thanksgiving weekend, we're home with our kids, we got to do stuff. I mean, I had these tickets like weeks in advance because I was like, yes, Thanksgiving morning, will go do that. And I'm just sad because the first movie is like a perfect movie. It came out in twenty sixteen, you had eight years to do a sequel. They didn't hire lin Manuel Miranda, which I'm sure was like an unavailability thing or something.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know WoT I do.
Speaker 2: The music that were like, damn, we're sorry to lin Manuel, like because I feel like people started like making fun of him, but for a while and like he was kind of corny, let's say yeah, But at the end of the day, I mean.
Speaker 3: I think it's like what you made was hits.
Speaker 1: I think it was like his acting, like when he was in Mary Poppins, people were like, okay, dude. But like his music is undeniable, like the music from Mahana almost. I have to say, almost every song is a fucking hit. I love every song on the soundtrack. I will cry like that song completely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's such a good there's so much good music that that song is like in the beginning, yeah, how Far I'll Go?
Speaker 1: You know, how Far I'll Go is amazing. They're even like the song about like Shiny. I like Shiny, but even the song about how she has to stay in her village and like assume this role. That's just been a sign to her, and like she's like, I'll find a way to be happy doing this, even though there's other things I want to do.
Speaker 3: Like I cry at that song.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just saying, not one memorable song and the plot is unfollowable. I have no idea what's going on. I have a college degree. I'm like, what's happening? That bad guy's a good guy. There's a bad guy they talk about the entire time. They reveal him in the credit sequence, Like the credits roll for a minute, then you see this bad guy for the first time. Because I think they're setting it up for a Mahana three.
Speaker 2: They just had a laugh and they're like, let's see how bad we can make this. We know people think they're like it. It reminded me of the straight to DVD. It reminded me of Simba's Pride or whatever.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of like the Tale of Ja'far or whatever, is like the second Aladdin, Like that's fine when that shit's going straight to DVD and it's just like garbage stuff to like, you know, but it's like this was a movie release, and it made so much money, and I worry that it's sending the message to Disney that like you don't really have to make good shit, because look at like Toy Story, Toy Story two three, they're all good, you know, like Frozen, Frozen two is good. You know, people love it. Like I thought Disney was like kind of cared about the sequels. And I'm so disappointed because I'm like a mo wana fucking stand Like outside of it being a kid thing, I think it's like structurally like a perfect movie. Like I think about it when I'm writing other things. I'm like, okay, so it's like in Mowana, this part is like the Dark Knight of the Soul and this is the part where the all is lost moment, and like it's a great movie and the music is good. And I was just really disappointed, really disappointed. But you know, the rock is back, Ali Cravlla. Shit, it's beautiful. I'll give it that. Like it's still a beautiful movie. Like the animation is gorgeous. The Kakamora are back.
Speaker 2: If you're a fan, I wonder like did someone burn the script and they're like we have to make another one quick?
Speaker 3: Like what what I heard?
Speaker 1: What I heard is that they were developing it into a TV show and then that got scrapped and they just kind of squashed everything from the TV show. And that's why it's a hot mess because there's there's like four new characters that she goes out on the boat with. Now I'm like, why her and Maui on the boat is fine? Maybe add one more character like I don't need like it was, yeah, exactly, like a whole crew Like that would make sense to me if it became a TV show, like a crew of characters, because there's got to be all these different storylines every episode. But anyway, anyway, that's my review of Moanatu. Not good, but I'm sure my kids will watch it again on Disney Plus.
Speaker 2: Well, so about Wicked, I am and such a bubble, So like a comic went up after me at the cellar and was like, who saw Wicked?
Speaker 3: Zero?
Speaker 2: And he said, yet another show zero? And then I saw a girl post the clip where she asks an audience and not one collaps and she has three times and then she goes, well this sucks, and I'm like, oh my god, are we in like a different universe?
Speaker 1: Like obviously on my entire Explore page is their press. It's random people pretending to go up like an old man going up a stair in like a jazzy or what do you call those stair buddies that like go up holding a broom and people are like playing to find gravity. Like everything I'm seeing in my social is wicked. Like everybody I'm talking to is going to it like that is crazy? What a disconnect? Like who's and it made like a ton of money. So it's like people are obviously going to see it.
Speaker 3: But but I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a lot of dorks going multiple times because the grand public. It was at Mowana too, hating their lives some people.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like.
Speaker 2: I just well my mom said something nice to me because I oh my god. Also I bring this up all the time, I think on this podcast or maybe and in life. But our friend Allison Livey had a tweet years ago where she just said like a bodega loving tweet where it.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh yeah, where I got in the mix on this people that don't live here, like where do you?
Speaker 2: And it was about Eminem's like it was like Eminem's diet coke, toilet paper like it was something cute and then next thing, you know, Walgreens is trending, like gas station's trending, diet coke is trending, Bodega's trending. She was like she got on New York one, you know, like everyone was talking about it. But I was living in the suburbs. It was like during twenty twenty lockdown stuff, and to get a coffee it was a fifteen minute drive to Starbucks and back.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't like that like that like some I like this life.
Speaker 2: I like where and I can get a cup of coffee in seven places on my block, like and that's the way I like to live.
Speaker 3: So that was Allison's point.
Speaker 2: And I know there's other busy cities, but even people that live other places do find a special little charm in Bodega's. And everyone's jealous there's something special here. Fuck off, we know what a Walgreen. It was like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: I know what? I guess, of course.
Speaker 1: I mean I got like people were taking people were blowing up photos of my Twitter avatar, going says a girl who's never a picture of a girl who's never been to a gas station.
Speaker 2: I was like this is out of control. Like people were like, we don't know what gas stations are. You know, like going to Target is different. I've gone to Target. It's different than my bodega where this Indian family is so mean to me. I'm like, I've been coming here. Now, when am I going to break through? I'm like, when am I breaking through here?
Speaker 1: I just or or they're so nice, Like I used to leave my apartment keys at my bodega. I used to be like, you can get my apartment keys at my bodega. Just go there and they'll have an envelope with your name on it. Like that's what we're talking about. Like, and I think she even mentioned in her tweet, you get to pet a cat, Like there's not a cat at Target. There's not a cat at the gas station.
Speaker 2: And Chicago has corner stores. It is different. It's not all twenty four hours like I do find. I know, a bodega is a corner store. Corner stores not a bodega. Anyways, I felt that so much in the Burbs because you know, I walk places. The Walgreens is a six minute walk for my parents' house, and then I was gonna go to Target to get the Taylor Swift book, you know, which is maybe a fifteen minute walk maybe, And my as I was getting ready to walk, my mom is like, do you want to do?
Speaker 3: You want dad to drive you?
Speaker 2: I go, it's gonna take longer for me to wait for my dad to get dressed than it is for me to walk to Walgreens. Like, this is crazy, But I just thought of Allison's tweet. I think about it all the time where it's just like they were like, are you sure you can walk the six minutes to Walgreens? I go, yeah, I think I can make it. But I grew up driving to Walgreens. Yeah, I grew up doing that drive. That's a six minute walk my whole life living there. Yeah, it's so silly, it's weird. I never even thought twice about it, And now that I see it's only a six minute walk, I'm like, I've been driving to Walgreens for decades.
Speaker 3: So true. I mean, yeah, now that you live in a walking city too.
Speaker 2: But my mom was really nice because I went to buy like green eyeshadow and eyeliner. I found a green sweater at Target. I got a green wicked bow and my mom was like, you know, Lisa, you really know how to make a holiday out of everything.
Speaker 3: And I was like, that's nice, that's cute, that's so nice. It was nice. It was really nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, wicked, Yes, so what did you think? I loved it. I can't wait to see it again.
Speaker 1: I me too, And I never say that I don't double see movies, but I would go see that again in the theater.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't mean like.
Speaker 2: Ever, but I'm just also embarrassed how mad I was that it was going to be split into two and now it's like, yeah, how could they have ever done one movie like that?
Speaker 3: Seems so like and laid out.
Speaker 1: That's what so many people have been asking me, eire, Like the stage shows two and a half hours, How is it possible that, like the first movie is two and a half hours. I'm like, they grew poppy fields like they made practical that's in the UK. They like shot shit like on a river for Shiitz, Like they're gonna let like let the camera linger for a little while on this stuff, you know, like it's gonna go. They're not like elongating the songs. But it's like, you know, I thought it was really great, and I have said this already. I just I'm never as impressed. I'm never like, oh, I love the movie more than I love the stage production.
Speaker 2: But even with Mama Mia, I don't believe you you love.
Speaker 1: That way I loved. I loved Mamma Mia the place so much. But you're right, I did love the movie so much.
Speaker 3: That's right. That might be the only rival. That might be the only rival for me.
Speaker 1: But now this is like in the mix for me, because like, yeah, Ley miss Chicago rent like everything I've seen. I like that stage better, like or I liked how I felt. I like the movie for Chicago. I know, I know, but when I saw Chicago was like sixteen. It was like formative, you know. I was like I wicked yeah for the first time. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I think they both just like nailed it. And I love the details.
Speaker 2: I mean Arianna on the chandelier, the outfit, like I mean when it's Cynthia, like the outline of her with the witch thing, and it's like the glass is broken and it's like the circle and then you see all of oz like I was like, oh my god, but I was waiting for her to kind of fly. It felt like a roller coaster and then it was over so quick, so I'm like I got to get back in there, like I have to see that scene over and over again. But I also need to say Bowen killed it at every moment. I mean, he made the most out of this part. Like almost every single line was a banger and a laugh in a moment and like let's go get pastries. Like everything it felt it was so special.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that part from the musical, and he like stood out like I don't really remember the two friends from the musical, and like he totally I mean I can't say because I also we know him, we love him, but like it's like I thought, he made it seem like every line was improvised too, which I love.
Speaker 3: He made it seem like he was just like off the coff tossing things out there.
Speaker 2: And my favorite meme video, it's like a girl I'm looking kind of I don't know, describe what I'm doing, Like.
Speaker 3: What is that look? Confusion?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like and the writing said Glinda's uh granny seeing the hat she gave her for Christmas on like the head of the most Wanted of Oz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the biggest criminal in the LAMB. Yeah, that's yeah, everyone's just so creative. But yeah, the robe for Popular is insane and I love that when every the everyone doing the loathing choreo with the books. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like seeing the rehearsal videos and it is impressive and it was like two years of their lives and this like such immersive thing. But Bach is weird and I don't care. Oh well, he's a weird I was. I was asking.
Speaker 1: Last night I saw my friend who has been to Ario on a Grande's house twice her apartment in New York. Okay, I was like, I was like, so, what's the deal. I'm like, I'm not a big Ariana person. I don't know like a lot about her, but like, see, like she left her marriage for this guy.
Speaker 3: Is he like, does he go? Does he have super hot guy energy?
Speaker 1: She goes, he goes, No, he's just like really sweet and he's like a dork and she's a dork. I and we were both like, oh, yeah, it's like she went out with like the cool guys a couple of times and was like, nah, I need to be with like a theater dork.
Speaker 3: Like he was telling me. Her apartment is in Midtown.
Speaker 1: It's like she lives where she can be near the Broadway shows like that. She's so into Broadway and I think this guy just like she loves him, and he said they're really like cute together.
Speaker 3: So I know.
Speaker 2: A clip of someone's pod that they were like, that's not acting like he feels that way, like it is weird watch him and I don't know, but no, I loved every second of it. It's so impressive, like thinking about all the work they put him to, all but the great voices. I mean, these things are sent to try us, Like, oh my god, she is such a dork. I guess, like they read the scripts and Arianna immediately called John. She was like, we have a problem because they changed the wizard will see you now to who rung that bell or something like that, and Ariana goes, you can't change that, and she was just saying how like she would be like we can't do that, Glinda wouldn't do that, or like that's not happening. Like she was kind of the the like on dramaturgy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was like doing the drama Like I feel like she was the trauma turn for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like and I thought that she did a really good job. Of not just imitating Kristin Chena with like she really gave it her own spin, but not in a way where I was like, I'm really watching Ariana Grande play somebody, like I really kind of bought into her Glinda totally. Yeah, But I really thought Cynthia Arrivo was the star, even though I know it's like a double I really feel like she she's like so much the star. Like the acting was so good, her acting, her acting is very good.
Speaker 2: It's really good. Her voice is good. I mean, yeah, the Wizard and I like with the cliff, like running to the cliff edge of the cliff.
Speaker 3: It was great. It was really good. Oh my god. Yeah, I'm glad that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew you were gonna love it, but I'm glad we have come to an agreement on Wicked.
Speaker 3: We both love it. I want to see it again. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Kristin Chinaworth on Watch It Appens Lives said that she was like proud, She's always been proud of Marianna, but that she felt like it wasn't just so much that she did make it her own, but not abandon like the foundation that I think was created in the original.
Speaker 1: I will say my one little bug with it that I didn't like. One moment was when they had a Dina Manzel do the uh, like we don't need that.
Speaker 3: We know who she is.
Speaker 1: They are famous, they are legends, Like she doesn't need to do that, Like it felt like.
Speaker 2: She's a maniac. She said, I have to coming back. I think Adina Menzel is a full blown maniac, that is my guess. I think she is like a theater dork to the max. I think she's a psycho diva who's because I heard like the understudy did a good job once and she never missed a day again or something like she's just like I think, a crazy person.
Speaker 1: It just kind of made me I roll because I was just like, we we know it's you, Like you guys are legend, Like we don't need you to do this.
Speaker 3: But I guess you're right. I mean maybe, And I.
Speaker 2: Do want to say no one plays a cold, icy bitch like Michelle Yoh. I mean she when she turns around at the end in her face. It was the Martin short SV moment. It was like this one face change and I was like, this diva bitch like it.
Speaker 1: I wish if Michelle Yo could sing it would have been amazing too, because like that part does have a good part in the move musical.
Speaker 2: Just so much nuance in both of their performances constantly, like they really like lived these characters, and I like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I forgot from when I saw the musical, which was I don't know, twenty years ago, like so long ago, Like I forgot about the whole animal subplot of like getting rid of the animals and caging the animals and all this stuff, and like, I don't know, there was just like so much politics in the movie too that I was like, this is wild, this is coming out at this time, But I don't want to talk politics. I just like was like, wow, at the end of this movie, Glinda is the white lady voters. But I think I've already said that on this podcast. Well, let's get into our episode for today before that really quickly. It's the seventeenth of December today. I know the holidays are upon you, but if you want to get any late Christmas gifts, you can go to that's messed uplive dot com and shop some of our merch Lisa's in Red Bank, New Jersey in two days, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just gonna say yeah, December nineteenth, Red Bank, New Jersey, the nineteenth Diets, The Time Is Coming, and the twenty first the at the Bellhouse in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: So come on down, amazing, come on down, great, and let's get started. All right, everybody, it's the episode title you've all been waiting to hear Parents' Nightmare. I mean, what a dramatic title for this episode. Season sixteen, episode twenty two. So it's the penultimate episode I believe of this season sixteen. This episode begins with Benson bringing my favorite Noah pre verbal Noah to daycare for the first time. She's like nervous. She's like, should I stay for a little while? And the lady is like, respectfully, ma'am, leave, like get the hell out of here, Like you know, the same thing they tell all parents, like it's harder for you than it is for them. But when she leaves, Noah's like crying and reaching out to her. It's really cute. But Olivia's like, I gotta go save lives.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: So meanwhile, in another New York City apartment, a boy who's like, I don't know if.
Speaker 3: They ever say is age?
Speaker 1: You think he's like eight or nine, is rushing to get out of the house for school, but he needs change for the penny harvest, but his mom can't find it, and he's giving her attitude and she's like, I'll bring it by the school. So then as they walk out, the little kookie Yeah, gal, she's cookie. But you know what, she strikes me as an LA mom, Like I see that she's like a real LA mom.
Speaker 3: This woman.
Speaker 1: I interact with this woman on the daily, and she's like, kind of, I don't think she looks that crazy. She's just kind of in like sweats and like a shirt and like a jacket.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But her son goes. Her son goes, are you really going to go to school like that? Like he shades her so hard, Like I don't think she looks that bad, but whatever, she's in sweats, her hair's a little bit unkempt, whatever, So the son gives her shade. She spots a friend across the street with his dad and she's like, hey, hey, would you mind taking Owen with you because I look like shit?
Speaker 3: And then she's like, I promise.
Speaker 1: To pick you up, gives him a kiss on the forehead, and then he scampers across the street and.
Speaker 2: He never say bye to your children on this show, never yes, yes.
Speaker 3: So she promises to pick him up.
Speaker 1: She gives him before Heady skimpers off across the street, but then he absolutely almost gets taken out by a cab, like immediately immediately a cab is like beep like and it's scary, and the mom doesn't even notice this is happening. She heads back into the house and like, yeah, this episode, I will say, like it's it's like a little bit more subtle on the messaging, like you're kind of like, oh, okay, I guess she didn't notice.
Speaker 3: But I guess he didn't get hit by a cab.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's that's probably happens all the time in New York Flighty.
Speaker 2: She's like Lily Tomlin's character in Big Business. It's not like Malicia. She's not on dope, you know or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she hears a screech and a beep. She hears a.
Speaker 1: Screech and a beep and doesn't even flip her head back to be like is my kid okay, Like she's on another planet. So but like I didn't notice that really at first. Maybe she used to do acid, maybe like that was the issue. Like it up, but it's done the damage completely. But she uh heads back inside whatever. And then now the dad of the other boy.
Speaker 3: Uh to do what you could tell the bitch doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Not that there's anything wrong with it Working's not cool, but what.
Speaker 3: Are you rushing in to do? Exactly?
Speaker 1: So the other dad is holding like, uh Owen's hand and his son's hand, and they're walking down the street and Owen is like a chatty Cathy, you can tell I like this kid, he's like. Then he says hi to this guy named Clyde, who is an unhoused man talking to himself on the sidewalk. But when Owen says hi, this guy snaps right back into reality. He's like, Oh, and my man go learn something a school. Like it's cute. They've got like he's like a cute little It's like this is what Sesame Street teaches.
Speaker 3: You know your neighbors and you know, be kind or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then we see a man in a Yankee hat exit a building and starts following them.
Speaker 3: Uh. Oh not a base. He doesn't Yeah, he doesn't look like he's.
Speaker 2: This episode is also like very similar to three other episodes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: In fact, I know the episode you're talking about, and the dad's wearing a Yankee hat in that one.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so scary man, I don't know, not scary man, just a sketchy man.
Speaker 3: An a Yankee hat is following them.
Speaker 1: Cut to Olivia's office where Tucker friend of the pod John Robert Burke is sitting waiting for Olivia, and I just see him and he's first of all hot silver fox and he's my number one for her.
Speaker 3: I wish they had worked out.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why they had to not only have it work out, but like kill him. Like if he was busy, we could have shit, we could have you know, kept the door slightly ajar and he was wearing on other projects, but like, yeah, horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know the term silver fox. I don't think fox has turned silver. I'm kind of annoyed. I've only seen orange one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting, what does that come from.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's a I mean, there is a silver fox, but it's black and gray. Yeah, okay, cool, it's an actual animal, guys.
Speaker 3: Ooh a silver fox. Wow? Honestly, really cute.
Speaker 1: But there can be like a young silver fox like there can be like the little fox kits that are young, that are in true Oh wow, okay, yeah, a little silver again he's majestic.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's there because he's like, listen, one PP doesn't really want a lieutenant. Uh, they don't really want a sergeant running this place. They want a lieutenant at SVU. And she's like, okay, well, I'm actually killing it. I busted Johnny d sex trafficking ring, I took down Yates when Chicago fucked it up. So what are you talking about? And he's like, oh, no, girl, it's not you. They like you. They just it's all about rank. That's what we're all about here in the NYPD. So I told him you're taking the lieutenant's exam and he's She's like, well I'm not. And he's like, just do it, like, don't make a liar out of me. And he's like, if it's not gonna be you, it's gonna be someone else. And they're flirting, like I feel it already. He's winking at her, being like, just take the exambib and he also tells her to figure out who her second in command would be and better that she picks it than it's just like they stick her with someone. So now we're at a school playground that is giving me ajuda.
Speaker 3: Like children are everywhere.
Speaker 1: One woman is taking care of ninety five kids, like trying to do school dismissal. All the kids are going nuts. The woman is like telling kids to stop bothering each other. And she's handing the guy in a Yankee hat a form to sign. And the guy's name is Carlos and he's there to pick up Owen Farhiti and he's like, oh yeah, mister Ferhiti called, and the teacher's like, oh yeah, yeah he did, and points like Owen's over there. So then he goes over to Owen, who does not seem to recognize him, and he's like, I'm Fabiana's friend. Your mother's told me to pick you up. I fix the sink once, and Owen's like okay, and I gotta be honest. The guy that comes over to my house to do handiwork, my kids would go with him in a second. They love him. They love him so much. They have literally his name is Onasimo. They play games where they named giraffe. They named a giraffe Onacimo. The giraffe, they like love him so much. Wait, this is like yeah kind of exciting. Yeah yeah, So I'm just saying, if they're going to do a one to one comparison. Here, Rosie's leaving school with Onacimo no matter what, and he's not on her list, but she would go she uh So. Then they're walking down the street and Owen is like, you know, chat chat chatting away about being in Cabin eight this summer.
Speaker 3: You know, I love a summer camp. Boy. He's like, it'd be great if I was in Kevin a d. And then he tells Carlos like you're going the wrong way. Boy is really really cute. He's weird. He's like a really little cutie. He's really cute.
Speaker 1: And I looked him up and I don't think he acts anymore. Like his name is Cayden Ruperel and he was in some other show for like twenty episodes, but it ended like a few years ago, and I haven't seen anything else. Maybe he's going to high school and don't get back into the acting game later. But he's so cute and I think he's quite good. I wrote it in my notes. I think he's a good actor and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it's not about stranger danger. It's like even don't go anywhere with the guy that fixes the stuff in our house. So you have to get so specific with these kids. I know it's so hard to make sure these kids don't get kidnapped, but.
Speaker 3: I will say, like, don't talk to the plumber kids.
Speaker 1: There's like a lot of protocols and stuff like, especially in public school. I mean, like you there's people that have to like come, you have to be on a list, like at Oscar School there's a code you have to bring.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, now, yeah, it's stricter.
Speaker 2: This bit should be fired if not like a non paid suspension, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also this guy is like really risking it going just into a crowded yard where so many people can see him, and he's like being given paperwork like I don't know, it seems.
Speaker 3: Like a lot, but he tells.
Speaker 1: Owen says to Carlos like we're going the wrong way, homes this way, and Carlos is like, we have to make a special a stop. It's a surprise, and Owen goes okay, And that's so true. There is nothing a kid loves more than a special surprise, Like you could open a van door and be like, Rosie special surprise.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, let's go like they love surprises.
Speaker 2: Well one hundred percent, and like whenever it's like, oh, look I have puppies in my van, that would work on me. Yeah, yes, I would go look at puppies in a van. I'm an adult.
Speaker 1: Famously, I went home with a professional poker player to hook up, but also because he told me he had a new puppy at his house and I wanted to see it. Yeah, and really little, so you can actually get grown women home that way too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, it's like the surprise is almost better. Don't even say it's puppies. You could just be like surprise. They like, you know, you need to get creative. They are so excited about any surprise that you know, this guy kind of nailed it.
Speaker 3: But the music is.
Speaker 1: Telling us something is wrong. The music is like, this is not a nice guy. Like, you know, the violins are telling us done done, you know. So back at the school, Owen's mom shows up late very oh you know, like losing her mind. Mary Julie Robertson stepmom, okay, yes, and ask the teacher Hey, I'm sorry, I'm late, Like, where's Owen? And then you know, Dune done. The teacher looks very confused and this is bad news. Meanwhile, Carlos is not being nice anymore. He shoves Owen into the back of a black van. He's like, get in, get in. He's like not being a nice guy anymore. At the playground, the mom and the teacher are running and looking for him. The playground is empty, the kids have all gone home. There's no way Owen is just sitting there. It's like you sent him home with a stranger. And the teacher's like, Owen seemed to know the man, and the mom is like screaming, Owen, Owen, and we hit the credits. So now I know, it's been a long time. This has been a long intro to get to the credits. So now top of act one, the gang is on the scene. It's Coreesy, it's tomorrow Live, It's Finn Okay, they're updating live in finn The principles there doing a walk and talk, and the principal is all business. She is like not remotely upset, she is not remotely taking responsibility for anything her school has done.
Speaker 3: She's like well, apparently, like you know, this is what happened.
Speaker 1: The school got a call authorising a family for authorizing a family friend to pick up Owen, but they contacted him, mister Ferhiti, he never made the call making that authorization. Also, you should know Owen's parents are recently divorced. Okay, so in the principal's office, the mom is like, I don't let other people pick Owen up that, and then she goes that. Often it's usually Fabiana or nanny or a friend's nanny. The mom who is played by Brooke Bloom, and she looks so familiar to me. She has seventy seven credits. I can't really place her. She's been in Evil He's just not that into you shows that I like. But and she's been in another sus SUV. She's been in another sevu as well. But she's just got like familiar. She reminds me of like Hannah's mom from Hacks. You know that actress, I do, Yeah, I know, yeah, yes, yes, she's like and in the movie Happiness. I don't know, she's like, oh yes, totally an s feu alum. I'm forgetting her name. It's Jane something. I think but she gives me like her an somehow, but I don't recognize her exactly.
Speaker 3: But she's like.
Speaker 1: They're like, well, where's your phone and she's like, oh, I can't. I don't have it. I guess I can't find it. She's like looking through her bag. She's like, sometimes I space out after yoga and I leave it there. Their divorce has only been final for a few months and they're like, have there been custody issues? And she's like huge, Sam is Iranian. He wanted to take Owen there for spring break, but she wouldn't let him. So she says, you don't think he had someone from the restaurant take him And they're like, we don't even know about the restaurant, Like what I mean, you know? Like what so I guess the husband has a restaurant and she says no. A judge ordered Owen's passport to be given to me, and they're like, oh, great, so.
Speaker 3: You have the passport and he's like she goes.
Speaker 1: Sam handles the logistics, meaning the ex husband, so she doesn't even remember if he ever gave it to her, and she's like very disorganized. This woman CARIESI calls her a space cadet, which I think is very accurate. And now the dad is a suspect. You know, live is traffic copping. You go at the footage, you go get a sketch artist for the teacher who let this kid go with a stranger. You go to the restaurant, talk to the dad, take the mom to the precinct, and go to the yoga class and get the phone.
Speaker 3: So, now this is a great scene.
Speaker 1: You've heard of a bull in a china shop, but get ready for Careesi in a yoga studio.
Speaker 3: Okay. He walks in.
Speaker 1: He's talking to this like young little yogi lady receptionist, and she's like, you can't go in there. They're doing downward Dog and it's their listening the bodies right now, I know it's when you can go in. Yeah, it's like no one's paying attention. So Kreese just dials the number. The phone starts loudly ringing in the middle of class. Everyone is like, you know, looking annoyed, and then he goes in, grabs the phone, comes out, flashes it at the little receptionist goes, look what I.
Speaker 3: Got, and then walks out. It's funny.
Speaker 1: It's a I mean was it worth them hiring twelve extras to be in the yoga studio? Getting a location probably taking half a day, I don't know, but it was a cute little scene at Farhiti's restaurant, the dad they're talking to the Sam and he's like, I didn't call the school, and he's doing the classic stop wasting my time and get out there and find my son. And then Sam goes off on Nick like you just see an Arab man trying to steal his son. He's like, I'm not Arab, by me Randian, I'm a loyal American.
Speaker 3: I'm not a terrorist.
Speaker 1: He's like, my ex wife played that card throughout the whole custody hearing, and Tomorrow starts like empathizing with the guy and being like, dude, I hear you. I've been through it, because he's been through custody stuff with Zara, and Sam's like, yeah, well, now imagine it with a white female judge and a Middle Eastern man. And he says, I told Dana that something like this would happen. So they're like, okay, so just clearly you did not send a male Hispanic man to pick up your son.
Speaker 3: And he's like, no, go find my son.
Speaker 1: And this actor is Navid Negabon who works Honey one hundred and forty nine credits.
Speaker 3: He was on Legion.
Speaker 1: He was also a doctor in a season eight episode called Outsider of SVU And then holy shit, I'm going through his IMDb and he was a Buonazir Homeland.
Speaker 3: Which is huge.
Speaker 1: Didn't put it together right away when I saw this episode for the first time. He is the centerpiece villain of the first two seasons of Homeland, Like do you like the name on everybody's lips was a Nazir? Okay, Like I was talking about Air when that show happened, because it was such a big show, and he was like the the you know, the the classic like bad guy. Why am I blanking on the guy who we killed in the cave? I yes, he was like an Osama bin Laden figure, but.
Speaker 2: Like as his first minutes, I mean, wow, I blanked on.
Speaker 3: Osamovan his his name's not.
Speaker 1: He's such a who now, Oh my god, But this guy is like he's like an Osama bin Laden, but like more like sophisticated, Like he doesn't live in a cave.
Speaker 3: He's like that businessman.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Even this like when you first, didn't know who's someone this interat In my head, I go, oh, Damian Lewis. And then it was like the cave and I was like, oh, the American who pretended who joined al Qaeda and he got ye back for like you know, espionage or something or being a trader. And then I thought Osama Balanda in the third like it took me.
Speaker 1: It was my first one cave guy, your number one cave guy.
Speaker 2: No, but the cave is what helped me get there. But I'm thinking about so I worked with the terrorist from True Lies and but in you know, the later two thousands.
Speaker 3: Let me just get his name. It's Art Malick, and so.
Speaker 2: Like when we talked on set, he was like, this is my first time not playing a bad guy.
Speaker 1: Wow. He had played terrorists since the seventies and bad guys like this was He's like, this is my first time.
Speaker 3: It's just like a dad. He was like so excited.
Speaker 2: Didn't get picked up, but he was excited to be a goofy dad. And so now I'm thinking about, you know this Art this guy, and I bet he's a bad guy in most of his career.
Speaker 3: Well, I was.
Speaker 1: Gonna say one of his most recent credits is he's actually the Sultan in the live action Aladdin. Yeah that's a good guy. That is a good guy, but but it's so not body type.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm sorry, you're I know I need a Danny DeVito type.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about, Buckley?
Speaker 1: I want a short, little round man like the guy in the cartoon. But you know, that's why I won't watch it.
Speaker 2: That's why the animation to humans never works, because cartoons are better. You could do everything. It's magical, it's cute, it's it's like a whole not I just don't know how they think a live action is ever gonna. I just don't understand. You have Robin Williams is the genie. Like, it's confusing.
Speaker 1: I listened to will Smith do the like the song once on Spotify. It came up and I was like, Nope, I'm not I'm just not seeing it. It's not happening, saying that's what happens when no one tells you the truth. Yeah, okay, So now we're at the precinct and they've got some grainy footage, but it's really not much help. This guy like knew how to keep his face away from the cameras or whatever.
Speaker 3: They show it to Dana.
Speaker 1: She doesn't recognized the guy, but his face is like completely turned. They're like, do you recognize the shape of this man's head? And so Careesi comes in with the phone. There are calls from a blocked number that have come in on the phone, and there's messages. They listen to the voicemail like they she gives you know, opens it up with her past code and it's owen going.
Speaker 3: Mom, he won't let me come home till you answer your phone. Mom, why aren't you picking up answer next time? Please? Mom?
Speaker 1: Like it's really sad because it's like why if you hadn't left your phone at yoga? Like I'm like already very you know, I'm like obviously addicted to my phone, but even sometimes in a movie, like I'll turn it off, but I'll just like check it once during just to make sure nothing's going on with my kids with the babysitter, because like I don't know, I just it's crazy to be just like leaving your phone all over the place when you just have like it's like the only way anyone could get in touch with you about your kid.
Speaker 3: But they show the footage to the dad.
Speaker 1: He also doesn't reckon he's the man, so they're like, would he They ask the dad would Owen go off with a stranger? And the Dad's like, yeah, he talks to a homeless man like they're best friends. But I'm like, sir, he and Clyde are friends, why are you being rude? And he's like he's too trusted anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So at the precinct they found some It's also hard to imagine these two people as a couple because they're just so opposite sides of the spectrum in terms of personality, but you know, opposites attract I guess at the precinct they've found some other footage. They've got a plate number on the van, but also a better shot of Carlos's face and they show it to the mom and she's like, oh my god, that's Javier. He's Fabiana's boyfriend. Fabiana is their part time nanny. Benson's like, let's get Fabiana on the horn. The police bust onto a playground and they call like Karsa goes up to some random boy and is like, oh wait, oh wait, but it's not him, and uh. They finally detective, what do you I know, it's like not the same height, not the same style haircut, like it's just like funny. They find Fabiana and she's like, I don't have owen today, and they're like, where's Javier And she's like, I don't know, and she's got a lot of attitude. They want to bring her in and she's like, I'm responsible for these two boys.
Speaker 3: I'm mid babysitting.
Speaker 1: And they're like, and Cariese goes aur ramismo or these kids can their parents can pick them up at the police station. I just like Cariese's speaking Spanish is hilarious aur ramismo. So now they're all rolling up on an apartment building that Fabiana I guests told them was where Javier lives in a basement apartment. Amara is like yelling in Spanish. Police open the door and then they bust in. There's tons of bunk beds, lots of guys are living there. One guy they got, they get them up against the bunk beds with like his hands behind his back and he's like, Javier would never kidnap anywhere anyone. He stays here sometimes and they're like, well, where does he work? And they're like, well, he quit his job because he said now he has money. Uh oh, where'd you get the money from? So we are now at the top of act two. They bring Fabiana into the police station and Fabiana is all attitude and no help. Okay, She's like kind of not work like, she's not like, oh no, Owen, how can I help. She's like, I don't know what you want. I don't know where he is. I called him, he didn't answer.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't hear from him. What do you want?
Speaker 1: And the mom comes out like begging Fabiana for help, and she's like, I don't know anything, and so they bring her to interrogation. Meanwhile, a video call is coming into Dana's phone, so Olivia so smart sets her up in like the kid's corner of the office so it doesn't look like she's at the police like in the background, it just looks like there's toys behind her and stuff.
Speaker 3: And he's like, did you tell anyone? And she's like no.
Speaker 1: He demands thirty seven thousand dollars in cash and she's like, which, I don't have that, and he's like, ask mister Sam, Mister Sam has money.
Speaker 3: Ask him. She says she will, but begs to see Owen.
Speaker 1: They show us Owen, who is okay but has his wrists tied together and his arms around a pole like it's not great, and he's begging.
Speaker 3: He's like, you have.
Speaker 1: To do what Javier says, please, mom or whatever, and Javier's like, get the money. I'll te tell you where to go. If I see any cops, I'll kill him. Dana is obviously super upset and crying. Amarro goes to get the dad and now Sam is there and he's like, let's do it. I'll get the money, and Lives like you gotta let and like the mom is like you don't. I don't have that money, and he's like I can get it or whatever. So that's a little bit of a sketchy exchange too, and Lives like, let us do our jobs, and he's like you.
Speaker 3: Can't be involved.
Speaker 1: They're gonna kill Owen, and Lives like respectfully, like you can make the drop, but we're gonna be back up. You wear a wire and he's like, no, it's my son, my call, and they're like, not how it works. That's just simply not how it works. You don't just get to go make ransom drops without the cops back up. So they're gonna meet Javier. They're looking at where they're gonna meet him. It's like a basement location. There's an exit out to an alley, lots of Heidi holes, as Careese says, and Live sends the cops off with their marching orders and grabs Sam and is like, I need to prep you. So now they're in a surveillance van, which these they're not really I mean vans. They're massive, like they're like buses. You can stand up in them. Uh, and Live says, when you see your son, put down the money and you get out, no heroics. So Sam goes to do it. It's dark out, by the way, it's a nighttime now for this drop. Sam goes down into the basement. Live and Dana are there watching in the van and they hear Sam go, Xavier, please let Owen go. Everything is fine, I have your money, and then the connection goes dead. They lose video and they lose audio on him, and Live tells them move in, move in. So Sam comes out with Owen. He's okay, wow, huge sigh of relief from the mom and frankly from me and he because I like, honestly forgot how this one ended. I was like, does this one end in an accidental oopsie kind of killing?
Speaker 2: And it's yeah, four other episodes, like so that's what it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one we just the Isabelle Hubert that we just did is like very similar and that does not end good well for the child. And he says he doesn't know where Javier went. He just took Owen and left. They all go after Javier. It's a lot of them. They find like a full hole in a brick wall like Shawshank redemption style. Cares stops Xavier, who's honestly just strolling down the alley with the bag of money. He's like, not even in a run, and then he sees Caries tries to run. Omorrow heads him off. They've got him hands up. He tells him, I didn't kidnap Owen. Miss Dana paid me to take him. Ask her she planned everything? So done done. I don't know this lady. Seems like she can't even plan to get dressed in the morning. So let's see what happens. So now they're at this special children's hospital where Owen is being checked out. Now Javier is lawyered up, and he's still claiming Dana planned this whole thing. Owen is not allowed to be near his parents without a third party. The doctor comes out and says Owen is showing signs of psychological trauma. He's got wrist and ankle abrasions, but no sexual abuse. Liv wants to talk to Owen and the doctor says, tread lightly, so she goes in. Owen's like, am I in trouble? When she introduces herself as a cop, and he's like, She's like no, no, no, like, just tell us about what happened. He says, I don't really I didn't really know Javier. He was at our house like once or twice he fixed the sink. I think Fabiana knows him. And then first he said his name was Carlos, then Xavier. He said he talked mostly Javier didn't really know English, by the way, so far Javier speaking perfectly good English. He said he was nice until I wanted to go home, and then he made me get in the van. We drove around. I had to call my mom on his phone and I wrote, I think this kid is a good actor, like he's doing a great job, Like I'm believing him. He's got a lot of dialogue here and he's really handling it well. Good for him, and they're like, good, great question who dialed your mom's number?
Speaker 3: Was it you or was it him?
Speaker 1: And Owen goes Javier dialed, so he got mad when my mom didn't pick up, he said, and said she's supposed to answer, and then he said he yelled and maybe swore, he goes, I think it was swearing. It was in Spanish. So now Finn and CARIESI are asking Dana some questions like why did you ask why did Javier ask you for money and not Sam? And she was like, he doesn't really know Sam. He's our babysitter's boyfriend, and like I use him as a handyman, Like he's don't think he's interfacing with the dad that much. He seemed confident that Sam would have the money. Maybe Fabiana told him, and she's like she would never she loves Owen.
Speaker 3: It's like, I don't know how much she loves Owen.
Speaker 1: She literally just was like, get me out of this police precinct over and over and did not really care what was happening with little Owen. Have you talked about your divorce with her, and she goes, yes, she's my friend. I didn't want her to think cutting back on her hours was my idea. And you know, just this lady, I don't know, she's just kind of like I talked all about my divorce to her. It gets complicated, you know, maybe I don't know. I don't know if I would talk about my divorce with the babysitter. I don't know if I would do that. But I also used to have like a very big boundary between myself and babysitters. And then I got a babysitter who, you know, who I became friends with, so it is blurried. You know. Tomorrow is now back with his bestie Sam. The two divorced dads club over there, and he's like, Dana was kind of shocked when you said you had the thirty seven thousand, and Sam's like, well, we're divorced. She's trying to count every penny. Why would Javier think you have that kind of money? And he goes, well, he just got to this country. He probably thinks everyone has money. Okay, interesting, take who pays the help? Amorro says he asks, and Sam goes, I do if I give Dana money at the beginning of the week. It's gone the next day, so everyone knows mister Sam is the one that has the money. So that's interesting. Like this divorce is hi. This woman she needs a good shake. So back at the hospital they're reporting back to live. Fabiana knew that the dad had cash. She hasn't lawyered up yet. Let's talk to her. So now we're in I wouldn't say this is cement room bars, but it's also not wood room blinds. I called it cinder block grates. Like it's like there's no bars, but there's cinder blocks and grates over the windows. So in cinder block greats over the windows room, Amorro and Finn are questioning Fabiana and she just keeps going I don't know, I don't know, up and down, like she just will not give any and they're like, were you pissed that your hours got cut back? And she's like, fuck no, my new job pays more. I was happy to get out of that house also, and then it's like, okay, here we go. It's phil she goes, I love Owen, but Dana she's just too much of a chatterbox.
Speaker 3: She will not shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: After the divorce, Sam is so cheap he wanted her to go back to work. Blah blah blah. Did you ever discuss their finances with Javier? And she goes, oh, she already knew. Dana told him in Spanish while he was handymanning about and she called him for everything. He was there all the time, drippy faucett. She goes, a cockroach, maybe it's dead, but I don't know. I thought that was really funny. And then she goes, she needs to get a man and stop calling mine. And it's like, okay, Fabiana, the friendship is fully only in Dana's eyes. Okay, Fabiana does not like Dana very much, it seems. But Fabiana goes, look, Javier needs money. He does whatever Dana says. So behind the glass Live is watching. Careesi rolls up and goes, I've been thinking about it. How fucking specific thirty seven thousand dollars is. It's like, yeah, it was the first thing I thought of when they said it, like, not not thirty thousand, not forty thousand, thirty seven. So he looked up the divorce Abad Davids and Dana accused Sam of hiding exactly thirty seven thousand dollars in assets. Now they are talking to Xavier, who, by the way, as I said earlier, speaks perfect English.
Speaker 3: He's like, leave Fabiana alone. She had nothing to do with this.
Speaker 1: Miss Dana told him about the thirty seven thousand and then jer Javier has a lawyer in a gross suit, like, I mean, he's not he doesn't look like he's no Buchanan. And he's like, he was hired to pick up Owen. This was an activity sanctioned by the mother. It's like they restrained him around a poll. He's traumatized, like it's not like a fun playdate role play and Cariese's like, you're calling this a playdate and he's like, some antics. She hired him to pick up the Sun and guaranteed payment through her ex and they're like, where's the proof. She paid Javier the first of two installments of five hundred dollars last Monday. I got yeah, So that's when you're kind of like, WHOA, what's going on?
Speaker 2: And she I alway love about, Like semantics is such a big word for someone who doesn't speak English. You know, it's funny how they I keep laughing about that he doesn't know nothing. He's like, ah, semantic, high level, so funny.
Speaker 1: So he also says she texted me everything about picking them up at the school, the instructions on how to sign them out, and they're like, well, those texts aren't on Javiers on his phone and he goes, oh, they're on my old phone and they're like, oh your old phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we're gonna need the number.
Speaker 1: And the lawyer says, give us a deal, we'll give you the phone, and they're like, you have absolutely no a leverage. Give us the fucking number. So Javier takes the bat of paper and we're getting the number. So now the cops are chatting they're gonna bring in Dana and ask her about all this shit. Now they still haven't even asked her, and if she doesn't come in, Willingly lives.
Speaker 3: Like arrest her ass.
Speaker 1: So now top of that, for Dana's like, you think I would let someone take my son and tie him up just to prove my ex as an ass. She has a great point. It's like it is a lot point, you know, it's a great point. Amarro's like the ransom demand is the same amount you accuse Sam of hiding and she goes, yeah, Javier or Fabiana must have heard me talking to my lawyer. They ask her about the one thousand dollars in cash that she just withdrew, and she's like, I owed Javier for some work and they're like, is that the job you're talking about in these texts? They show her a print out of the text and she's like, I've never seen these texts before in my life, and they're like, well, these texts came from your phone, and she's like, I don't understand who else has access to your phone? I mean a whole fucking yoga class. No one except Owen, she says, sometimes plays games on them. Amarro's getting heated and he goes, so oh oh, so Owen arranged his own kidnapping and she's like, look, I misplaced my phone all the time, ask Owen. He always tells me I'm not good with things. And I'm like, this woman is too ditsy to plan this, Like it's true. I mean, but then again, we've seen women come out of it with the app act right like it was a total act that they were.
Speaker 3: You know that they're like a dits and they need help or whatever.
Speaker 1: A Damsel in Distress act and Benson is like, yeah, let's go ask Owen about it. So back at the children's hospital, Sam is like, I want to take him home. I should be there when you talk to him. And they're like, well, Dana gave us permission to talk to him alone. Is it a problem for you. He's like, no, no, no, no, it's no problem. I'm just wondering what's left to be investigated. I mean, you got Javy Air red handed. Do I need to get a lawyer for Owen or a lawyer for Dana? And it's like, suddenly you'd get her a lawyer, Like, I don't get this divorce these two. Careese tells him not to worry about it. Go why don't you have a smoke and we'll call you when we're done. So, after a quick Dino fight with Careese, Owen coughs up that sometimes his dad comes over when he's not technically supposed to.
Speaker 3: He like him and Owen just talk.
Speaker 1: They play. They talk about whether his mom has boyfriends. He checks the smoke detectors for batteries. Does he ever look at her iPad?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But he takes her phone away from me. She leaves her phone at home when she goes out. They ask and he's like, well, she forgets they and sometimes if I want to play on it and she doesn't notice it's missing. And it's like, damn, this kid's gaslighting his mom. He's like, you're always losing your phone. I'm taking it sometimes. So what does he do with her phone? And he goes, oh, he goes through her emails and photos, like the kid sees a lot. Okay, Fabian is usually there sometimes when dad is there, Fabiana goes and gets me McDonald's.
Speaker 3: But I'm also not supposed to tell about that.
Speaker 1: So at the precinct, they bring Javier to the fish bowl to see Fabiana still being questioned, and he's like, I told you she's innocent. But Fabiana's prints are all over the cell phone, which I don't think.
Speaker 3: Is that crazy.
Speaker 1: If you're the nanny, maybe you touch the phone. She knew Owen's schedule, and she knew how much cash the dad had, and he's like, no, no, no, it was all miss Dana. So liv goes, no, it wasn't. A mother wouldn't do that to her own son. And it's like, girl, be for real. We've seen mothers do some crazy shit to their own side, like come on like and they're like, come clean, Javier, chance, what did Fabiana ask you to do? And then he whispers with his lawyer and uh uh oh, he wants to revise his statement and if we tell you who really set this up, what's in it for him? And Carisee's like, how about not taking the weight of a felony kidnapping charge all on your own? And then Javier says, dun, dun, it was mister Sam. He told me to say it was all miss Dana. He did all of it. Uh oh. And Carisee's like, she was the one who filed for divorce. Maybe he's trying to get back at her, and like a dad wouldn't do this, I know. They're like, oh well, duff, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: I was a dad.
Speaker 1: So liv gets off the phone with Barbara checking in from Saint Bart's like, he's so rich, where does he get the money? Like I know he went to Harvard and stuff, but he's in EIGHTYA in New York City, which I googled, and they make between eighty five and two hundred and ninety three thousand dollars a year now, two ninety three is nothing to sneeze at. But Barbara's always in like top of the line outfits. He's in Stauds skiing, he's in Saint Bart's. I'm just saying, Barbara, where's this money coming from? Are we lecturing on the side? What's happening anyway? Barba says, we can charge Javier on the kidnapping, but in terms of anyone else, Javier's word is no good, and Finn's like, oh man, this guy, Javier is just a fall guy. And they're like, well, if Dana says she's innocent, why don't we make her prove it. So cut to them wiring up Dana. Okay, they're putting a wire on her, and she's like, I don't know what I'm supposed to say to him, Like he knows I've been talking to the police. She also has she thinks there's no way Sam did this, Like she thinks that she's just gonna go in there and it's gonna like be a cash conversation and then like she'll walk out and be like, see nothing there. So Dana goes into the restaurant to talk to Sam, and he's talking about how business has been bad, and she's like, what are we gonna do? The cops think I set this all up. And he's like, you can't even balance your check book and she's like tell them that, which is funny because I think balancing your check book's not even like a thing anymore. He goes, I can't fix everything for everyone. I had to fire three people. You're bleeding me dry with the alimony, and the wife is putting on a great performance, like she's like, we may never get our son back, and he says it's yeah alimony, like yeah, yeah, yeah, like there because they're like and they're talking about sending him to I think I forgot to mention this. They're talking about sending him to a foster home. So I don't know if that's real or if that's just for the the wire like the sting, but like he should be more concerned about that, And he's like, it's your fault anyway. If you'd had your phone with you and Hobby are called, the police would have never been involved. He called, and you weren't there for him. Owen needs protection. He's too trusting. She goes, I don't want him growing up in fear. There are other ways of protecting him, and the dad's like, you're late for pickups. You forget to schedule the nanny Half the time he's alone at the apartment. I was actually trying to protect him. And she's like, wait, wait, wait, you had him kidnapped. And he's like, it was supposed to be for thirty minutes to scare him, to teach him a lesson, so he doesn't walk away with strangers to wake you up, so you pay more attention. It's like, if it was supposed to be a stranger, don't pick someone he's met a couple of times. That's all it takes. Like really, And she's not that I agree with this as an exercise in any way, but he didn't really go with a full stranger. It is his nanny's boyfriend. She says, what have you done? And he says, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to go this far, and she goes, don't say another word, and she shows him that she's wearing the wire.
Speaker 3: Like they do.
Speaker 1: Still respect each other, these two, and she's like, just stop, just stop talking like quietly. She's just like and then she's like, the police said this would exonerate you. I didn't actually think you did it. So she is like such a like she went in there thinking he's totally innocent. This will just be he'll be exonerated and we could just blame this all on Javier, who's the real bad guy here. I guess, so, I guess you're going now, you're definitely going back to work, sweetheart. And she holds Sam's hand and she says, this is not what I wanted and he's like me neither, and then Tomorrow takes him in. So now at Benson's office, Dana walks in and it's like, okay, can I take Owen home now? And Benson's like, well, the cork gave you custody, but girl, are you good? Like can you take care of him? And She's like, I love Owen, but I am afraid to do this alone. Sam's a good father, Owen needs him. Can you just tell the DA as if, like they can just call this whole thing off. This has been like a full day of police police like legwork, resources, a surveillance van.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on.
Speaker 1: Benson's like, girl, it isn't your decision. Like the DA complete it down to unlawful imprisonment, which is a misdemeanor, but he could get six months and she's like, how will I support myself?
Speaker 3: Like, you're in New York City. Even if he gave you.
Speaker 1: The thirty seven thousand, girl, I don't know how much, how long that would even last? You, Like, You've got to get a job. And that's what Live says. She goes, you got to figure it out. You got to get a job. And she's like, it's been so long, I don't know where to start. And he's she goes, so learn you have a child. It's not about you. You need to be the parent, not Owen. And Benson has zero time for this shit. She's like, I have a little kid with health problems who I leave at daycare because and I run a fucking squad busting pedophiles, Like I'm busy, I work, And now it's.
Speaker 3: Finally she should be a real housewive. I know this is the thing, this is the thing, the real Ja. Yeah, the real gen from the OC. She is Gen from the OC. I don't know he pays the bills. I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess I just thought my rent would be paid, like she doesn't know. And they also looked like they were coming out of like a nice brownstone or at least a nice apartment, so I don't know. It's syncing in for Dana finally, and she's like, all right, maybe I do have to like get my shit together and like stop smoking weed and you know, going to yoga every day because it's made me into a.
Speaker 3: Person that's unreliable.
Speaker 1: And Owen and Sonny have a cute little goodbye, and Owen and Dana leave, and now they're all standing around wondering if that's the best thing for Owen to go with Dana, and Benson's like, she's gonna get her act together. I think this really was a wake up call for her. I mean, hopefully Jesus. Benson says, I have to go and and Finn, you hold down the fort.
Speaker 3: It'll be good practice.
Speaker 1: And Finn's like, They're like, what is she talking about good practice. Finn's like, well, if she moves up to lieutenant, she wants me to take the sergeant exam and be the number two. And Tomorrow's like, whoa, congrats, and Finn's like, I'm not interested, not gonna happen, and then the camera zooms in on Tomorrow just ambitiously looking towards Liv's office, and that's dick Wolf baby, And you know one of the episodes where no rapes, no murders, just a ditzy mom figuring out how to get her life together. And now a dad with a dumb, dumb idea going to jail. But he's like gonna lose his restaurant. So I don't really know what's gonna happen to the whole family.
Speaker 2: Well, and Javier is also gonna go to prison, like that is a kidnapping.
Speaker 1: And here's my question for you, does Fabian have anything to do with it?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 1: Do you think Fabiana sent the text or do you think he sent the text or like she was in it to get the money with Xavier or or no.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I wonder how Hannah was being such a bitch.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she knew, Yeah, because how else did the dad really get in touch with the And he's the one that would send her to McDonald's to go get stuff. Yeah, he like did shady stuff in the house. Yeah, everyone is team dad. Yeah, well they know who holds the bag, right, so's if he's paying. But anyway, that's that on that parent's nightmare. I mean, we've seen worse parents' nightmares on the show. I'm glad she got him back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I guess, you know, for the dad, the kid will be scared of everyone in his life, so that's good, POSI.
Speaker 1: There's definitely like a happy medium between don't talk to any stranger ever and be prepared to be kidnapped at any time, and the MoMA leaves her phone everywhere and doesn't even have pennies for the penny harvest lying around, you know, like she can't find anything in her house. She's a mess. But there's a happy medium. They got to get to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, so I'm gonna move it along. We're going to Missouri, everyone, Uh, let's go. It's a town called Troy, about an hour northwest of Saint Louis, And this is twenty fifteen. So right around the episode, a six year old boy goes through a four hour stage kidnapping because his family thought he was being too nice to people he didn't know.
Speaker 3: So you got, God, you gotta make sure to get that out of them.
Speaker 2: And like always, the most dangerous person to the you know, children, is their family. Four people were involved in the plot, so it's the boy's mom, the boy's grandmother, the boy's aunt, and then a coworker of the aunt that they finangled into this plot and they were all charged with kidnapping.
Speaker 3: So it didn't go well. They wanted to tears. It's really little.
Speaker 2: It's like that actually wrote that they wanted to educate at this child. But six only six, like only being on the planet for six years, and it's like eurpiss, he's nice. It's so this, yeah, it's really fucked and this enraged me. And like you said, we cover such heinous crimes, but this one really like got me going.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the press release from the sheriff's office said that the family felt they did nothing wrong. Charlie James, one of the defense attorneys, said, according to the Guardian, that the family used extremely poor judgment in setting this all up, but that the actions were born out of an intense and sincere love for the child and the desire to protect him from others by teaching him to protect himself. So that's that's a lawyer. They just wanted to frighten the child. You could have taken him to you know, Six Flags Halloween Halloween Nights or whatever.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, it's like there are a lot of house. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would sooner you show a kid a documentary about a kid being kidnapped or something than like, then just actually do a causeplay of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, show him taken? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ransom?
Speaker 3: What else can you show it to get me son? Yes? Ransom.
Speaker 2: So they just wanted to frighten the child. Okay, So I was thinking of another kidnapping site. Shit, oh maybe Room, that might be one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't seen Room. I don't know. I don't even showroom.
Speaker 1: Room is so scary, well better than what's happened to traumatize it.
Speaker 2: So they frightened this kid. They didn't see it as terrorizing. But we'll be the judges of that. So what went down. The boy was lured on a Monday into a pickup truck after getting off his school bus. He was then tied up, threatened with a gun, taken to a basement where his pants were removed, moved, and he was told he was gonna be sold into sex slavery.
Speaker 3: What the fuck? I know it's I'm laughing because I'm kids don't even know what sex is. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: The Coast of the coworker, Nathan went fearavid. He also told the kid that he would never see his mom again and also threatened to nail him to the wall of a shed. And this is according to the sheriff by way of CNN. And also this Nathan guy's only twenty three, so this is kind of horrifying. It's horrifying. So the boy starts crying. The guy takes the gun out to be like, well, I'm gonna scare you, and he had a box of bullets. He showed him to us plastic bags to tie the kid's hands and feet together and then use the jacket to cover the boy's head so he couldn't see.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But it's like you obviously had this inside of you, Like you could have just kidnapped him, and it's been like an okay, chill scenario, like you obviously are an extreme like this is the most extreme version of the fake kidnapping again, blinding, taking pants off, threatening sex, slavery, and like and that you'll be taken forever like it is. I guess she picked the right guy to do the crime. Deranged, deranged. Yeah, so then when he was taken to the basement, you know the kid had this jacket on his head, but the aunt is the one who took the pants off the nephew.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So once he was unbound, he was told to go upstairs, and there his family was ready to lecture him about stranger danger. So he comes up, he's in his own home and they're like, you dumb bitch, stranger danger. And there's a lot of evidence they kept updating each other using their own phones the whole time, but that makes sense because they didn't think they were doing anything wrong.
Speaker 3: They were all charged.
Speaker 2: So the twenty five year old mother, Elizabeth Hupp, was charged with felony kidnapping and felony abuse and neglect of a child, the fifty year old grandmother, Rose Brewer, and the aunt, Denise Crowtail. The grandma is fifty eight and the aunt was thirty eight. I don't know why. I'm like, this is like a Cosmo article. I need to give everyone's ages, but it is interesting for some reason. And then the coworker, like, I said, Nathan, he was only twenty three. And they were all charged in addition with felonious felonius felonius restraint. But I don't felonious is correct. Okay, I thought that was just a name, and then I felt weird. Uh, we have felonious restraint. I don't like it. It makes me feel dirty. He was put in protective custody after he told school officials what happened to him.
Speaker 3: So, thank god.
Speaker 1: Let you imagine a teacher tells you. Let you tell you're a teacher, and a kid tells you. Oh yeah, I was in a back of a taluk with a gun and then I went down into a basement and I was tied up and my pants were taken off, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Thank god?
Speaker 1: He told someone. I was about to ask you, how did they even get caught?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that happened on a Monday, and then on Wednesday he told his teacher. The school contacted child Services. They obviously all pled not guilty, because they're morons. The grandmother Rose was sentenced after entering an Alfred plea to misdemeanor child in dangerment and the plea. This kind of plea is where a defendant maintains innocence but acknowledges that prosecutors have enough evidence for a conviction.
Speaker 3: So love that kind of vibe. The other women, the mom and the aunt.
Speaker 2: They pled guilty so felony child endangerment charges and received five years probation. I could not find any information on Nathan or the sun, like whether he went back to live with these people, like at this point, do you go back to these lunatics or do you go into foster care? Like is it better to be? Like I don't even know. I couldn't find any information.
Speaker 1: They don't even actually release the kid's name, so I'm sure there was some sort of gag order like with this case.
Speaker 2: And yeah, this Nathan got nothing about him. He might changes it, not in an inmate lot. Nothing. And this is interesting because this is so much of like news where everything was like charge charge, charge, we got them, we got and then no. Then then there's no follow up, like what were the convictions? What happened to this kid? You know, like nothing, that's all just articles about the charges and so.
Speaker 1: And it was twenty fifteen, so it was nine years ago. So that kid's really like only fifteen right now or something like.
Speaker 2: Still young, still young, So maybe that's why it's good. And maybe at eighteen he'll write a book and tell us about his life.
Speaker 3: Jesus.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like you want to say, Okay, yeah, I guess you don't want him to be in the foster system.
Speaker 3: But also like what is this name? Happy with these people? What are these people gonna how what? How old are they?
Speaker 1: Maybe there's other lessons? How are they gonna teach you about safe sex? Like get someone to fake a pregnancy immediately?
Speaker 2: Like what Yeah, maybe there's like relatives or like family friends that can take him or something. Yeah, Like I wonder, but I don't know what an end up happening to him or Nathan so. And then under the women you know, uh served any jail time. I wonder whose fucking idea it was. It was the mom's. The mom was the mom's idea, and she got everyone involved.
Speaker 3: Fuck crazy. I heard about this case.
Speaker 1: I feel like I heard about it, like vaguely, but I don't think I remember how horrible it was. I think I remember like, oh, they kidnapped him or whatever, but like not the.
Speaker 2: No, you know, what I remember is the one where it was like they put him in a they put a kid in a hot air balloon and it was like a hot air balloon hoax. Yes, Like I remember that I don't remember this at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Hot air balloon hoax.
Speaker 1: I think I read about this one too, though they never made an s view about the Hot air Balloon oaks.
Speaker 3: Maybe they did, Maybe they did.
Speaker 2: All right, I mean, I guess that SV for still not doing a Housewives one. It's like so annoying, so much crime. There's so many bad people, so many do I'm used to get it together. Give us the crossover of our dreams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a mysterious black eye stealing money from old people. There's so much you can do, all right, Well, no guests, Yeah, well this episode will We'll roll right into our post mortem baby thoughts. Thoughts thoughts, well, no guests, just a crazy episode of people playing weird.
Speaker 2: Just grateful that the kid's alive because I thought it was gonna be the dead kid episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, in both, In both cases, I'm glad that this other kid didn't get more. But honestly, he's traumatized the kid in real life.
Speaker 2: Oh but like, oh yeah, sorry, I'm not thinking of the real case.
Speaker 3: I'm not thinking of the real of course.
Speaker 1: Of course, But like, yeah, it's always nice to have an episode where no one dies, you know, or is uh or is you.
Speaker 2: Know, no, the kid will never trust again or he'll think that that's like normal interactions and like you know, people will be able to mistreat him forever, like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, or like yeah, or the kid on the episode, it's like, do you really know my mom?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think like you have to move out of the city or something like you have to move that kid to a farm. I don't know, Like that's not that's I don't believe well. I mean, she's not going be able to afford to live in the city.
Speaker 3: That woman. She lives in a nice brownstone.
Speaker 1: She's got to go back to work for the first time in what eight years since this kid was born.
Speaker 3: He was in his restaurant when he goes to jail.
Speaker 2: I know, but it's kind of just like I don't trust rich people when they say that, they're like, oh, I don't know what I'm gonna do, and it's like I bet she has. Look it's like Shannon from the OC, Like Shannon's always like, I don't have money, and it's like it seems like you had sixty K to just pay out right now, I don't have money. Did you not spend two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, like you know, it's or it's like Erica Jane, Oh my god, and it's like she is still in a three bedroom house. So I feel so if this woman's in a brownstone and she's like just flighty and not, I bet she has family money and she goes to yoga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't buy it.
Speaker 2: But I think she should get a job so she could be a functioning member of like her body and time on this planet Earth.
Speaker 3: Because she is, she's got to.
Speaker 1: Get it together and she might have adult ADHD or something. I mean, she's not remembering her phone anywhere, she doesn't remember appointment that we gotta get.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, hold on.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe there's So I went out with some old friends comics to like a four am bar that I love, had pizza puffs like so happy, and then a physical altercation breaks out because some of the guys won't book one of the guys on like the comedy show, and a chair was thrown. Security got involved, and I go, wow, nothing has changed, Get me out of here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, drama a fight, I know, you know, whoa whoa, Well that's those are the kind of people that this man is trying to protect his son from, and that's why he's sending a random handyman to kidnap him. I don't know the postmortem?
Speaker 3: What an idiot?
Speaker 1: Don't be the worst parent ever like that? This is like a hard Did you ask one friend for advice? Like why? Like I did?
Speaker 2: Not one person in the real life fan Like not one person's like I don't know if this is a good idea. Wait do you think like no second guessing this restaurant tour like the boyfriend he asked to get in couldn't be like I don't know, man, really yeah, And then try to blame the woman, being like you didn't answer your phone and it's like, yeah, maybe kidnap her, yeah, take her a lesson. But it's like then to blame her because she didn't answer the phone and the cops shouldn't have been involved, and it's like what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you could have shown him like a documentary about a kid getting kidnapped and getting murdered like that, and that would have still been too traumatic to show a kid, but better than what happened.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: Ransom, Yeah, yeah, ransom, get made back?
Speaker 3: My son.
Speaker 1: Tell you about that? Did I ever talk you about that? That used to be at UCB when I took improv classes. That was a big game that you would play. Like you would have to like all your class would get into like a circle and they would make serious like be serious like no smiles, and you would have to go up to them and say give me back my son and make them laugh. You'd have to do it in like a way. I think it was like to teach commitment and stuff, like you'd have to be like, give me back my son, give me.
Speaker 3: Back my son.
Speaker 1: Like you have to just like do it in as many ways as you could and try.
Speaker 3: To get people to laugh. I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a fun little game. But okay, fuck that family weirdos. Yeahs Yeah, poor King. I hope he gets out of that dumb town.
Speaker 3: Me too, Oh my god. Uh. But this week, let's move on to our what would Sister Peg do our?
Speaker 1: This is our weekly segment where we give you guys an article, a book, a documentary, anything.
Speaker 3: To give you more information about what we talked about.
Speaker 1: And this week for WWSPD, I wanted to point you to an article on the Scholastic website that's called talking about Stranger Safety. I think a lot of people wonder how to talk to their kids about talking to strangers. What's being polite, what's being you know, dangerous? And you know they don't want to scare their kids, but they want to talk about and there's different ways to do it in different age groups. And this article kind of outlines all of the strategies for talking about that, like based on the age of your kid, plus talking points that can help, like with discussing stranger safety. So for more information, that's at scholastic dot com. We'll post it in our show notes and we'll be in a story the day this comes out, and then those stories are saved forever on our Instagram page in the highlights called WWSPD and the Instagram page is that's messed up pod go give us a follow.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, and I like thinking about the Scholastic.
Speaker 3: Like catalog nostalgic Baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, next week we will be doing a normally named episode game from season six, episode fourteen.
Speaker 3: Join us.
Speaker 2: As always, we're thrilled that you listen. Have a good night bye That's messed up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us, or episodes you'd like us to cover. Shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and.
Speaker 1: To our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Coottner, And to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly Geen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgareff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media dot do