Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal. Hell that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many players say, well I want to be happy. You want to be happy for a day? Edo steak is that woo woom?
Speaker 1: And them and tie Welcome back to the solid verbal, Boys and girls, my name is Ti Hillon Brand. That fine gentleman over there as always the incomparable Dan Rubinstein. We are both wearing hats today. What an intro for an audio medium. Yeah, we're both wearing hats today. I've got happy value on. You've got your collared shirt. You're feeling, I guess more dapper than I am today, sir, How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Ty, I'm really good. We are setting ourselves up now for because we're recording this on Wednesday, December fourteenth. Essentially, this is a flurry of a week, not I mean you have the December to remember sound because maybe there are flurries falling from the sky where you're you're at right now?
Speaker 1: Thank you want to talk over it? This is you?
Speaker 2: This is your yeah, yeah, No, It's a flurry of activity, right. So we have more coaches moving around, We've got more people entering and exiting, the transfer portal, and of course we have recruits taking last minute visits with parents or whatever and making last minute decisions ahead of the early signing day. Of course, some will be announcing early on in January at some All Star games, or taking all their visits in January and signing in early February. But in terms of transactions, the wire, the solid verbal transaction wire.
Speaker 1: By the way, we've never played it long enough that it got to this part. Is there a flutie? Is that? That's I think there's a flu I was gonna dim it out, but then I heard the flute and I was like, wait a second, Like in this okay, so you all dim it again.
Speaker 2: A lot of teams putting the proverbial giant bow around some sort of prize in the next seven days or so. So yeah, we'll do a recruiting episode and early signing day episode next week. Yes, that's when it's. Wednesday is the early signing day. And I think today though, we want to lock in because it's all related, right, Everything is related. Everything is connected, coaches and recruits and portal stuff. Everybody's waiting to see what falls where before making a decision. So I think we're going to talk portal quarterbacks today, and we're going to approach it as travel agent travel agents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ever worked with travel agents? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Maybe my parents did way back when I don't think I have.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you. When I went on my honeymoon, we worked with the travel agent. Okay, became very highly recommended, and I was skeptical because I said, self, you can do this better. You didn't need to work through anybody. In this particular case, it was not anybody who charged a commission. It wasn't any more expensive to go through the travel agent. I don't know if they got commissioned on the back end or what the economics of it were. It was delightful, Oh good, it was delightful. If I were going on a big trip, I would consider it again. They really knew what they were doing.
Speaker 2: I you don't trust people's expertise. I suppose it was delightful.
Speaker 1: It was a great experience.
Speaker 2: Okay, Is this episode as all of our episodes brought to you by somebody?
Speaker 1: This episode, all of our episodes driven by our good friends over at Geico. Okay, good, so, perhaps as quarterbacks are on the road, hmmm, just some sitter sitter what our friends over at Geico can offer you.
Speaker 2: Or maybe coverage if you're renting a car because you're coming out to LA to see our live show.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Solble Car dot Com is where you can go if you want to get in on the action. A little under a month dan until the big show at the Troubadour. We have been touting this show. Oh yeah, not just for weeks now, m truly for the last couple of years. We've never really talked about it publicly. We've wanted to do this show for a good long time. We have not been able to do so for a variety of factors that do not need to go back into. We are doing the show now in a couple of weeks at the troubadoursliverrable Live dot Com is where you can go to get tickets if you're going to be in the LA area, if you can get to LA, if you are media. I know we have a lot of media folks who listen to this show. If you're media, if you're going to be in town for the National Championship. This is Saturday, January the seventh. It is the Saturday evening before the National Championship, which is played on Monday the ninth. Please come on out and see us. We'd love to shake your hand. We'd love to have you in attendance for a big show at the Troubador.
Speaker 2: Conceptually, I don't want to give too much away, but Tye has been non stop in the lab working on I guess I the best word to characterize it with your burlesque here we go burlesque, is that we're building a giant champagne glass. Have you ever seen that that.
Speaker 1: Tie has decided that is going to be where he performs. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're familiar with the work of Dita von Tees Tye, but yeah, a true inspiration tell you a true inspiration. I've seen some of the practice cut ups. Holy hell, is Tie more flexible than we all imagined.
Speaker 1: I just been hammering the pecks in the lab, man, I'm hammering. I mean, Tye. It has been.
Speaker 2: It has been a a revelation to watch what you're going to be doing on the La stage.
Speaker 1: Soliverblelive dot com is where you can go for that. And last, but certainly not least, you've still got a little bit of time left. Playwinter Wonders dot com. It's our free bull confidence pool. We did the big long hour and a half Bowl preview episode that dropped on the feed yesterday. Go back and listen to that if you feel like you need help with your confidence picks. But again, it's free to play, free to enter, free to win. We'll give out prizes. You know, the whole works here. Playwinter Wonders dot com. Invite your friends, your family, anybody who likes college football. I know we have a lot of folks who, as I've said before, have written in say ah, we do our own pool and that sort of thing. Just invite them all into ours. It's cool. Playwinter Wonders dot com. We'll send you the instructions for how to join. No if fans or butts. It's just plain and simple, and you know, we'd love to have you in the pool with us, Absolutely in the pool.
Speaker 2: Just as we transfer away from talking about Tye and the giant champagne glass on the Troubadour stage, all right, so you mentioned travel agents.
Speaker 1: So what we're going to do here today?
Speaker 2: Obviously there are some educated guesses as to where some of the top transfer portal quarterbacks will end up based on intel and visits. We know if a quarterback is visiting a place that he is at least on some level considering that place as his next destination. So what Ty and I are going to do is perhaps agree with some of that intel and or visits, or suggest something completely out of the box, like I don't know, maybe you should think about UCLA, Maybe should think about UCF, Maybe you should think about, you know, becoming a main black Bear. I don't know, so Ty, I don't know if you have a sound at the ready to sort of utilize our travel agency bona fides.
Speaker 1: A lot of air travel involved here. Dan, we're living in the future now, as you know, and you know, if you're a guy on the East Coast does not necessarily mean that you got to stay in the East coast. Certainly, Dju is a guy who's from the West Coast. My hunch is that there will be a lot of travel in his future as he probably heads west. It seems like that would make sense to me. But we can talk through what we think makes the most sense here. There has been a flurry of activity in the transfer portal. Again, I do have this und too, which we can always use always nice whenever we want to. But you know, some of the big names that we talked about, and you know ON three has been I think on three dot com has been doing a good job of tracking not just the names in the portal, but they've got their own little rubric for figuring out nil value, which I don't know if I really believe that, but it's an interesting data point that maybe we can reference here. But they've been doing a good job, as has twenty four to seven. You can sort of pick and choose your own website of ranking the various quarterbacks that are currently in the transfer portal. I believe both at present have Devin Leary as the top quarterback in the portal, but you know, your top five varies depending on where you look. Some folks have Grayson McCall pretty high. New entrant as of the twelfth of December. Brendan Armstrong obviously from Virginia. Another name could be very very interesting, dju in there as well. Spencer Sanders another name that kind of surprised us when he jumped into portal, but you know, we can talk about where it makes sense for him. Phil Drikovic, for what it's worth, is pretty high on both lists, and I believe has committed the pit, so we know where he's headed. But there are a great number of other other quarterbacks here Hudson card you mentioned him earlier where we just we I think it's up to us, frankly, to play this game as travel agents and decide where it makes the most sense. Correct.
Speaker 2: So do you want to start with Dju just because you started with him?
Speaker 1: I want to start with Dju. He's from California, rightn California with helflower California. It went to Bosco, has been at Clemson now obviously the club level is open for business, and Kave Klubnick is going to be starting in that Bowl game against Tennessee. So Dju saw the riding of the wall. He's going elsewhere. He was a five star coming into Clemson, and he still obviously has a ton of talent and a ton of I think potential for any new suitor. He's a big kid. He's six'. Five he's Big sinco, right he's six six y four excuse me to, Fifty so he's, big. Dude where do you think makes the most sense for?
Speaker 2: Him so it's a question of whether or not there's a couple Of we talked about this on an earlier show this, week whether or not he and his brother our package, deal though it seems like his Brother Mattaio matteo leaning Towards Ohio, state WHICH i don't think would be an appropriate destination GIVEN i think they're about to Flip washington's quarterback commit as, well so their room is pretty stacked at the. Moment we'll see what happens with next year's quarterback. Battle so if you're talking about A West coast footprint and somewhere where you can say, okay given the coaching, situation given the, geography this makes sense for somebody to take, advantage turn things around and fulfill, upside what About Arizona state with What Kenny dillingham did for Bow, nicks who was not in an exact same, situation BECAUSE i think he had more big wins and more interesting potential given his ability in the open field as a. Runner but certainly with the pressure At, clemson the pressure At auburn unique to Bone nicks At, auburn but expectations basically don't exist in year one For Kenny dillingham AND asu has That Southern California southwest footprint and can sort of get a, good, clean fresh. Start, now the downside OF asu at the moment is everything's. New he's not entering into a white glove, situation where as Bon nicks had a fully returning offensive, line a deep receiving, corps you, know good running, backs even with a new. Coach so that's the. Difference, ALSO asu under that sort of cloud OF ncaa, investigation that to me is an interesting. One if we're going to go back to Southern. California of, COURSE ucla LOSING dtr that's more white. Glove BUT i don't think they necessarily have the. Receivers but Certainly Chip kelly and the experience he has developing quarterbacks is kind of. Fascinating it's kind about.
Speaker 1: You kind of. FASCINATING i, mean he would be essentially going back home and that that is something that appeals a, LOT i think to. Transfers it's not the only. Thing but what About Virginia tea to his old, Coordinator, yeah going back to his old coordinator And Tony, ELLIOTT i Think virginia is an interesting possibility FOR. Dju it's not too too far From, clemson same, conference right and, Obvious, yeah, yeah he obviously would be the best quarterback on that, roster Given Brendan armstrong is also going. Elsewhere it may also be a situation there of not knowing what the what the talent around him looks like my. Hunches if you're a guy LIKE dj you want to try and elevate your pro, prospects so that that's probably something that needs to be. Considered The virginia one stood out to. Me i'm glad you MENTIONED asu AND ucla makes a lot of. Sense the other Thing i'll throw out, there and you, know, look this isn't any great secret if you've listened to us on this. Show Notre dame is in the market for a transfer. Quarterback i'm not SAYING dju is the or should be the, fit but pretty much all of the names that we're going to list would have a fit In Notre. Dame all of them would be better than what they have. Now Maybe Tyler buckner comes out in the ballgame and he blows people. Away we didn't see that in the first game and a half Of bucker that we. Saw he was clearly still growing and learning at that, Point so perhaps there is some maturation that we'll see on that level that makes us feel a little less sense of urgency about taking in a transfer quarterback At Notre. Dame but all of these names that were going to list are definitely better in might beinon definitely better than what they have, Now so would probably take all of. Them just don't know if dju Per se is a fit In South, Bend.
Speaker 2: Indiana do you think he's definitively A power five? Quarterback, Yes, okay, YES i think that's. RIGHT i mean there are options obviously When Sunny dykes was AT, smu AND smu is still a destination With Rhet lashley and his offensive background and the success they had this year In, houston of, course with what they were able to accomplish And houston making them move move to The big, twelve so that's sort of an imminent you, Know cincinnati is you, know also in that. CATEGORY i would Imagine West Coast virginia just seems like there's so much room to improve on. Offense and maybe some of that was because a, quarterback BUT i Think Brendan armstrong is a pretty good quarterback and they just didn't have it last year Under Tony, elliott and so there is less proof of concept with a school Like. Virginia Obviously Virginia tech just takes can. DRONES i think From Baylor bai who was a former blue chip recruit at, quarterback and so, YEAH i would Imagine dju's looking to go probably a little bit farther west than THE.
Speaker 1: Acc you, know There's, florida And florida has been.
Speaker 2: Rumored you Know Spencer, sanders they've been rumored to be looking around With Anthony richardson going. Pro but, yeah that's WHERE i would probably land at this, POINT UCLA. ASU i Know jazoo's in the, market but that might be a little bit small a place for. HIM i Think ward has done eligibility wise, right came in as a grad, transfer and is looking to get. Drafted so, YEAH i think in terms of, system that makes a lot of. Sense Bo baldwin obviously pass happy during his time At Eastern, washington couldn't really get it done AT cal as an offensive, coordinator now the coordinator AT. Asu SO i guess those would be my travel recommendations at the. Moment i'm trying to think if there's anything in the big twelve that jumps out to me as like a quarterback away which he needs his. Help he needs, Help BUT i WOULD i think he's going to be in demand enough because people are tantalized enough by his size and ceiling that he should be entering into what like A ucla situation seems.
Speaker 1: Ideal let's move. ON i want to talk About Brennan. Armstrong, okay so we mentioned potentially the reunion BETWEEN dju And Tony. Elliott, yeah At. Virginia Brennan armstrong has been At virginia for a good long. Time was there this? Year didn't really suit his? FANCY i guess. Right kind of along the same lines of reuniting with a former Coach robert AND i hired BY Nc state to be new offensive. Coordinator, Yes Brennan armstrong formerly coached By robert AND. I what do we think About Brendan armstrong n C?
Speaker 2: State, well isn't the Reason Devin leary is leaving because he appears to have been supplanted by WAS. Mj morris the freshman that he showed enough promise That Devin leary had questions about whether or not he was still going to be a fit WITH Nc state or.
Speaker 1: SO i don't know.
Speaker 2: If that fully coalesces with the reality AT Nc, State but, YEAH i think that's always worth. WATCHING i Saw Brennan armstrong either is considering or has scheduled visits to. BOTH i think It's wisconsin and then what. ELSE i Think Oklahoma state is another one that he seems to be, considering which makes. SENSE i mean in the market, Obviously Oklahoma state pass. Happy wisconsin with the hire Of, philango appears to be trending in a more pass happy direction or a more wide open, direction WHICH i think would Benefit Brennan armstrong in his abilities both as a thrower and.
Speaker 1: RUNNER i don't know another interesting, one AND i can only assume That Tanner morgan will be back for year fifteen At. Minnesota But Brennan armstrong originally committed To minnesota out of high. School, sure so you know whether or not that carries any sway all these years.
Speaker 2: Later Chris Houtman bell coming back for year.
Speaker 1: SEVEN i Think, BELL i, mean let's just get let's just get the band Of vets back together. HERE i don't know if that carries any, sway but could be an interesting.
Speaker 2: Fit, YEAH i Think minnesota is certainly interesting, obviously with the return to our. GUY i don't know if you still have the sound at the, Ready Kirk, SHARRAKA.
Speaker 1: I can find. It.
Speaker 2: Yeah the offense when healthy looks a little bit more like WHAT.
Speaker 1: Pj fleck would have it look.
Speaker 2: Like, no that's, interesting a lot OF rpo stuff, otherwise you, know a. DESTINATION i don't know if it's necessarily right For Brennan. ARMSTRONG i KNOW i Lean West, coast But Oregon state is a quarterback away from being. LEGIT i, THINK i think absolutely they. ARE i Think Jonathan smith like is a very very good offensive, mind and they've been beat up at quarterback and they've HAD i think mediocre talent at, quarterback but they still win a bunch of. Games so if they actually got a guy in, there like HAD. Jt daniels gone there instead Of West virginia and Or georgia, like they'd be really legit because they seem to pick up good receiver, transfers they developed tight, ends they develop offense like. That if we're going to talk about plug and, play that's low, key AND i don't know who that's, for RIGHT i know that's For Luke altmeyer or somebody like. That but they are A b plus quarterback away from beating a lot of.
Speaker 1: Teams where do you want to go? Next do you want to talk About Hudson, Card do you want to talk About grayson. McCall how you.
Speaker 2: Feel Hudson card appears to be destined FOR? Tcu tc makes? Sense is there a low like could you make The Notre dame case OVER?
Speaker 1: TCO i, MEAN i don't think From Hudson card's. Standpoint Hudson card is From, texas and AGAIN i do think that factors in when these guys are. Transferring it also factors in That Max duggan had a resurgence Under Sunny dyke's and you, know if you're a, quarterback you want to play in a pass happy. System you want to play in a quarterback that can get you to the. League the fact That Max duggan will be considered as AN nfl, PROSPECT i think is proof positive that quarterback should at least CONSIDER. Tcu Because Max duggan was anything but going into the. Season he wasn't even the starter, Right so to that, end, YEAH i think it makes a ton of sense For Hudson. Card Hudson card was rumored to notreed for a. Bit it was a minute where folks were talking That hudson card could be a could be an option. THERE i no longer believe that to be the. Case so my hunch is that THE tcu thing is done and.
Speaker 2: Dusted my question, now if we're going to stick On Notre, dame ish who appears to be definitively in the market And Devin leary doesn't appear to be interested In Notre.
Speaker 1: Dame is that the? Word? Uh it? Is it is wavered back and. Forth, okay, yeah at first it, was then it. Wasn't now maybe it's back. ON i DON'T i am not privy to any insider info in. THAT i WISH i, were but you, know just following along like everybody. Else it seems as if that has kind of ebbed and flowed a little.
Speaker 2: BIT i would be happy With Spencer sanders going To. Florida what About Spencer sanders In South? Bend, no, please, no, no don't do that to.
Speaker 1: Me don't do it would be two times the quarterback of drew.
Speaker 2: Him don't do that to, me if it'll make it heals. Up it's an interesting situation in the same. Way you, know Bo nicks plays Against oregon early, ON i think his first game of his career and then comes full. Circle he got The bowl game last year With Spencer. Sanders here's the other thing With Spencer. Sanders are we doing The Spencer sanders?
Speaker 1: One? Now DO i have to play this For spencer?
Speaker 2: Das Spencer sanders was recruited by an offensive coordinator who's now an offensive coordinator, elsewhere who could be argued is a quarterback away and is you, know white glove in the way that an offensive line has, improved that there's weapons at running back and. Receiver do you know Who i'm referring? To go, On, mike you're such A Penn.
Speaker 1: State, YEAH i don't think HE'S i don't think he's getting. THEN i, mean Presumably Spencer sanders wants to go somewhere where he's going to play right, away and he's not going to play Over Drew. Aller they're not going to play not because he's not better Than Drew. Aller how do you Know i've seen four years Of Spencer sanders And i'm willing to roll the dice And Drew, Aller so you don't know you've Seen drew out Throw zero's significant, throws. RIGHT i would rather grow and struggle a bit With Drew aller knowing that you're three of him on, campus probably has more upside THAN i would be bringing In Spencer sanders and starting him because he feels to me like a once in a ten year, quarterback that type of, Prospect whereas if you Bring Spencer sanders in and you play Him Drew hollurs going.
Speaker 2: ELSEWHERE i love that you, think no matter, What Drew aller is going to be there for three. Years as if we're not living in a portal. Era, well anybody has gone at any. Moment that's, fairpoint. Fairpoint BUT i don't want him At Notre. DAME i don't want.
Speaker 1: Him At Penn. State.
Speaker 2: Wow, No, no is there a quarterback on this list where you'd be willing to Risk Drew aller for something that is more surefire? Success a quarterback on this list that's a true quarterback on this? List or even like we keep SAYING tvd AND i don't know what going on there because things are not, great would you TAKE tvd a HEALTHY tvd Over Drew.
Speaker 1: ALLER i THINK i want to stick With Drew Allur. MAN i THINK i want to stick with you ALLUR i don't see the need to upset the apple cart and push him elsewhere because there's a pretty good chance if he goes in the. Portal he's one of the top three names that we're talking about, here SO i think he's that caliber. QUARTERBACK i wish they would have played him this.
Speaker 2: Year so where would you, Go Spencer sanders? Travelation you're going To. FLORIDA i Think florida is. Interesting what About, Tennessee, Man tennessee is a great destination for, anybody but they've got they've got a situation next year where it seems like there's going to be a bridge from somebody To nico To nico right, right whether it's five or six weeks in that there is given the amount of money reportedly being thrown in his direction and, rightfully so there seems like there is going to be pressure to have somebody like Is Tyrod? Taylor like is he going to come To tennessee for five games and then hand the job? Off like it's going to be that. Situation So tennessee is interesting because that is a plug and play situation because of that. Offense BUT i don't, KNOW i think that is even even more of like. THERE i think teams would much rather Have nico just because they haven't seen anything Than Drew aller at this, point because at least you've seen a little bit From. Alert you don't, Know, Okay, TENNESSEE i don't, hate BUT i Think florida seems more realistic at this. Point any anywhere else For Spencer sanders like a fresh start In. Nebraska, YEAH i MEAN i, think Get Jeff, Simms.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought Up. Nebraska you, KNOW i Think nebraska is another interesting destination for some of these. Guys, NOW i know they're already, been they've already been working on that, front so it may not be quite as. Open but you, know, Again Spencer sanders is somebody who's got a lot of, experience a lot of a lot of a lot of game experience in their programs THAT i think would sign up for. That The florida, one to, me seems like it makes the most. SENSE i Think i'll go TO ucla IF i Were Spencer.
Speaker 2: Sanders that's WHAT i would do as a dual threat guy for playing For.
Speaker 1: Chip that's a no brainer to. Me, yeah he's not UNLIKE Dtr, no.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not where the numbers appear to. Pop but then you watch him in a big game.
Speaker 1: And you're, like, oh, man, EXACTLY i don't know exactly WHAT a AND.
Speaker 2: M somebody asked For Spencer SANDERS a AND. M i mean, again the floor is much. Higher, yeah but then you Lose Connor.
Speaker 1: Wegman then you lose kind Of, wegman and IT'S i was going to, say it's not unlike the situation At Penn, State, yeah, right where you've got this promising young talent that you're into and that the fan base is. Into now to that end in this portal, era and we talked about this a couple weeks, ago, Right, yeah it's really hard to build. Depth if You're Spencer. SANDERS i don't think you want to go somewhere and be a. Backup that's not why you're. Transferring you want to go somewhere and be a. Starter you want to get a fresh start and hopefully jumpstart things a little bit more in terms of pro. Prospects, Right, SO i don't think he's going a word to be a, backup but there's definitely room to be a backup on many a program that are losing their backup quarterbacks or losing their starting. Quarterbacks so we'll see how this all kind of works out after these guys sign on with different. Places but on just another aspect of this whole thing to, consider what About georgia for any of these.
Speaker 2: GUYS i know they've they've got guys that have been waiting in the wings for a, While but when you recruit and have the expectations That georgia, HAS i, wonder, right there was a reason they brought In Jamie newman AND. Jt daniels right that they didn't feel great about the depth they had at. Quarterback, now these guys are older and more, seasoned but they have not been a team unafraid to dip their toes into the portal. Waters, yeah what about any of these guys has a missing piece to take over For Stetson. Bennett and the REASON i bring this up With Spencer sanders too is sometimes situations dictate things like if you asked me About Spencer sanders In, oregon If bonnicks declared for the draft And oregon has a five star quarterback allegedly coming, in and If Spencer sanders were the one year bridge behind what should be in at least, okay but they lose some key pieces offensive, line but good skill talent around him in a more stable. PLACE i wouldn't hate. It, honestly after what Bon nicks was able to do thriving In, EUGENIE i wouldn't hate.
Speaker 1: It, see it probably makes sense more on The oregon, side let's, say than on The georgia, side because The georgia, offense as we've come to know it these last couple of, years is just super. Efficient it is super, Efficient it minimizes, risk and it relies on its running. Game so Maybe Spencer sanders isn't that kind of. Quarterback he hasn't been that kind of quarterback where they've asked him to throw it fifty times a. Game in a situation where he's throwing it twenty five times a, game does that make him more? EFFICIENT i don't. KNOW i wouldn't want to take that risk If, GEORGIA i don't think you have.
Speaker 2: To, OKAY i, MEAN i Know georgia has their own succession plan And they're not rumored to be a player for any of these, guys at least at the moment from What i've. Seen BUT i think there's a ton of upside with. Him how far away was he from Leading Oklahoma state to a big twelve.
Speaker 1: Championship not far like eighteen.
Speaker 2: Inches, yeah it's not far SO i think Good Spencer. Sanders you can talk about him in the same way as you can talk About.
Speaker 1: Bonnix that's all. Ibout LOOK i Am my judgment here is shaded by the fact That i'm just not A Spencer sanders. Fan that's, fine, right nothing against him, personally but as the quarterback of my, TEAM i don't want. Them somebody else can have. THEM i think the skill set would fit somewhat At, florida AND i think The florida one is the one that makes the most. Sense it's not to say that there aren't better quarterbacks out. THERE i think there, are BUT i just like THE ucla connection The florida connection that those two to me se mighty would make a lot of. Sense, yeah and he'd be a bridge.
Speaker 2: TOO i think It's Jayden, rashata the five, star four star whatever coming in From california as.
Speaker 1: Well, okay.
Speaker 2: Next, NAME i Saw grayson McCall Visited. Auburn is there somewhere that fits no brainer For grayson, McCall dual. Threat, yeah a lot of, experience accurate. Winning would love to have him At Notre dame willing to have him At Notre.
Speaker 1: Dame if you're willing to have him At Notre, dame well we're willing to host. HIM i have seen a couple programs in addition To, auburn obviously The liberty connection With Jamie chadwell former coach now taking The liberty, job can do way. BETTER i believe he can do. BETTER i. AGREE i don't think he has to go To. LIBERTY i think there are gonna be plenty of programs that are interested In grayson mc he's a pro. Prospect i've SEEN Nc state's name as well in. THERE i don't know if that WERE i believe in That Brennan, Armstrong robert AND i. Connection so my hunch is that he's going to be the guy At Nancy, state if NOT. Mj. Morris but The auburn one's. Interesting one is interesting to, me AND i think that would make a lot of. Sense if You're grace, McCall you sort of know what you're signing up, for right you, know you know the system that you'd be walking into With Hugh, freeze and so as a, QUARTERBACK i would think that'd be prett. Appealing he's already put guys in THE, nfl, right like from from The huts or From grace McCall, standpoint that would seemingly make a lot of.
Speaker 2: Sense, Yeah the problem With, auburn Because auburn would be an incredible stage in THE SEC Sec west for him to fully showcase his abilities is what does that offensive roster look like around? Him offensive line, struggled guys were not. POP i, mean running backs were very good this past, year but at, receiver just, Inconsistency like are you are you signing up as a white glove type quarterback for a full.
Speaker 1: Rebuild.
Speaker 2: Now it's much quicker to rebuild right now when you can bring in transfers. Everywhere BUT i still think it's an. ISSUE i still think it's an. Issue and so that to me is WHY i understand why he's looking At auburn is or anywhere else. Where it's just, like would you Take grace McCall, Over Drew Aller, No, okay oh my, GOD i love hearing, this but you're just so FULLY.
Speaker 1: I, MEAN i, mean, Look i'm, biased But i'm. In i'm fully.
Speaker 2: IN i WISH i could point To, miami BUT i just can't do that to any.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, yeah we don't know what's going on With. Miami the other name that came up For hudson or excuse me For grace. McCall i keep getting these guys. CONFUSED i APOLOGIZE ucla even though there's no obvious connection AT. Ucla, obviously he's a dual threat guy and he's been very successful For. Coastal you could See chip having a field day with someone of that skill. Set i've Seen Oregon state mentioned a couple times. Now, again no obvious connection. McCall it's a stretch for, me But i've seen that program, listed which is. Good good For Jonathan smith that they are going to be active and hopefully bringing in a Quarterback i've Seen. Florida florida to, me would make a lot of sense as well For grayson.
Speaker 2: McCall as you look across the, landscape you look at The big, twelve Not. Texas Texas tech is a little bit interesting that they're certainly going to be quarterback friendly with that that, system The kittlee offensive system that they could they could go after somebody big if they're not huge believers and what they have right now long, Term, yeah elsewhere in The big, twelve Not, baylor Not kansas. YET i don't think they're going to be a full destination quite. Yet got to see how that roster continues to build Under Lance. Liehold Kansas state has spoken for. Man there's not a lot of white clove situations right. Now, Again i'm taking them at organ of. Course ye If boone nicks De, claire's, well we'll see there at another school that seems like they're in the, market though there are some obvious roadblocks for especially people like me new Coach Troy taylor And stanford now roadblocks being, academics of, course but runs of fun system obviously had a good amount of success developing Offensive REMEMBER i think it Was Tyler huntley was the stud At utah when he was there ear least part of his time. There stanford is, interesting right because if you can get Into, stanford you go To, stanford they're going to run a more fun offense than that they've been. Running but they lost a ton to transfer and so that is a, rebuild and that's a more difficult. Rebuild i'm not going to recommend anybody go To. Northwestern, no Oh, god don't do.
Speaker 1: That don't do.
Speaker 2: That iowa somehow already pulled a guy well Not Iowa. State now they move on from their offensive coordinator. SON i believe they have a top recruit coming. IN i believe you can fact check me as well. There but that's sort of A bilo situation where you know you'll probably have a pretty good. Defense they've actually, targeted and you look at how they've targeted offensive skill talent with a few good receivers obviously Bresee hall recently at running. Back, yeah it's interesting to me that it's a big, place not a, tradition no transfer, destination it.
Speaker 1: Seems BUT i.
Speaker 2: Might be willing to take a flyer from one of these guys on The clones won a bunch of games on a.
Speaker 1: Festabal a couple of years. Ago, yeah, Okay and NOW i don't hate.
Speaker 2: It you've got THE NFL mvp as an alum And Brock, purty SO i don't hate.
Speaker 1: It all, Right so, look let's let's let's stick to the script here if we. Can't, sorry and Now i'm way off, NOW i mean it's, listen we're travel. Agents we're just putting ideas out. There, true let's bring this thing. Back, OKAY i saw That Drew pine VISITED. BYU i don't See Drew pine as a power five.
Speaker 2: Guy, okay well he would be at B. Yu he would be at B.
Speaker 1: YU i just if you're A byu, fan you don't want, That please don't do. That but that being, said some other names here on this list THAT i think are. INTERESTING i think we've covered a lot of the big. Ones we haven't really talked much About Devin.
Speaker 2: Leary let's talk about definitely he's From New, jersey sort of By, philly right.
Speaker 1: From New, Jersey Devin. Leary so The Devon leary, NAME i think is one that has been been bounced around a couple different. Ways, obviously The Notre dame, THING i think there is definite interest mm, hmm certainly on behalf Of Notre. DAME i don't know Where Devin leary is. AT i have Seen, AUBURN i have Seen, FLORIDA i have seen pretty much every big. School because He's Devin leary and because many folks think he's a top quarterback in the. Portal so based on, that kid can go wherever he. Wants outsider, perspective not somebody who's A Notre dame. Fan what situation do you think makes sense for a guy Like Devin.
Speaker 2: Leary Oh, MAN i just looked it, Up Sam. HARTMAN i think is going.
Speaker 1: To BE i think the. DRAFT i think he's going to go. Pro, yeah, yeah yeah. YEAH i don't Hate.
Speaker 2: WAKE i don't hate Either wisconsin Or, nebraska where everybody's getting a fresh start and you already know this is or what the system issue will be in, play which is pretty balanced and pretty dynamic At wisconsin Under Phil.
Speaker 1: Longo it's a.
Speaker 2: Talent, thing right in terms of finding proven receivers in the way That North carolina was able to find and develop those. Guys nebraska is interesting to me If I'm Devon leary and getting that new, Start but it's pretty far away From New, jersey pretty far away from THE acc. Footprint SO i would look At, Wake VIRGINIA i would have questions, About but any of those, schools to, ME i would recommend For Devin. Leary Notre dame is a no. Brainer at the same, time, now how long do you Get Tommy. REESE i don't know if he is as hot ash hot shot as everybody seems to say he. Is who, Knows maybe he could be on the move after a, year But Devin leary only HAS i think a, year So i'd Go Devon leary At Notre. Dame i'd Go Devon. Leary how about this we About Michigan?
Speaker 1: State? Interesting that is not a. NAME i have odds in front of me that have been listed For Devin. Leary, oh please tell. Me my current favorite Is. ILLINOIS i don't hate That illinois IS i mean that would be a coup For. Illinois, yeah that would be a coop For illinois to land somebody like. This the connection is that his, Brother Donovan leary signed on With. Illinois he's going to be a true freshman next. Toll so the chance to compete against that schedule in The big Ten. West you, know maybe we're getting rid of, divisions but it's still the same. Teams the chance to compete in The Big, TEN i think would be would be very interesting For Devin. Leary the second implied favorite here would Be Notre. Dame Notre dame would be next, up followed By i've Got, Alabama, Missouri, Georgia, florida and then. Others so a lot of teams interested in. This The Notre dame connection makes a ton of, sense makes an absolute ton of. Sense maybe he doesn't have his brother going, there But Notre dame needs a. Quarterback he obviously would get a chance to play in a pretty big, stage clearly playing for you, know A Tommy reese, offense which you, know we could talk about here until we're blue in the. Face but a lot of folks around college football still really Respect, reese really respect did this. Season think he did a good job bringing things back on track offensive. Side you, Know i've come full circle on it And i'm back to being a believer In Tommy, reese right THOUGH i did have my moments this season with how he gained planned For Drew. PINE i think that makes a lot of. SENSE i hope that's the one That Notre dame decides to, select that he decides he wants to go To Notre. Dame but Again i'm. Biased they've been on the delirious fan train here since about week.
Speaker 2: Eight illinois's twenty twenty three, schedule by the, way if you're looking at schedules that will be kind to your continued, Development toledo At, Kansas Penn state FAU so three of the four non conference And Penn state is In champagne At purdue new Coach, nebraska new coach At, maryland who Knows wisconsin at, home new coach bye week before At, minnesota new full time starting Quarterback. Indiana probably bad At, iowa new quarterback could also be bad again over A, yeah And, northwestern.
Speaker 1: The, schedule the brother those things they think a lot. Of No, Michigan Ohio. State the question THAT i would have is this a good system for by development as AN nfl? Talent Because Brett bielma likes to run the ball forty times fifty times a. Game that's the. Style Chase brown had a great year because of that. System, now if you've got a quarterback that's a little bit more, capable doesn't look. Different, Perhaps BUT i don't know if that's something that you could bank. On if You're Devon, learry who presumably wants to go pro after next. Season what About Oklahoma? STATE i don't. Know you got to compete With Garrett wrangell whatever it's called a Young. Gundy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, NO i Think Oklahoma state is actively looking right.
Speaker 1: Now next, quarterback next, quarterback next. Quarterback how do you feel about a guy like A Keaton.
Speaker 2: SLOVAS i just If I'm Keaton, SLOWEST i just picked the warmest place closest TO i think he's From, arizona, Right warner was his high school coordinator or offensive or a head coach or something In. ARIZONA i mean that's ANOTHER. Asu that's another you, know A g five place somewhere, warm like just play out the final year of your your eligibility somewhere.
Speaker 1: Pleasant, YEAH i mean who else do we got? HERE i Saw kate McNamara was running his mouth a little bit about About florida or excuse, Me i'm getting all my programs freed up here AS i look at the list About. Iowa, quote please just keep saying it's the OH i saw that blankiest offense in college. Football please think that we are going to be so blanky next. Year? Please no problem, Here. Kate.
Speaker 2: None do you think he's saying that because during his recruiting, trip, this by the, way is one hundred percent. Accurate during his recruiting, Trip Brian farrence had cut ups Of Spencer petris making this, up but it's also, accurate had cutups of The iowa offense ready and, said, look here are all of the easy missed throws that would have resulted in first downs and chunk plays That iowa left on the table and we had beat up, receivers and you, know goes through it and shows the evidence, that like we think you can make all these, throws it's, nothing, nothing you gotta come out, here this is THIS. Abc SO i think that's absolutely what happened in what is Giving cade McNamara. Rightfully So i'm not criticizing the confidence to Say i'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna make some of those throws next. Year, Yeah Hank bachmeier is interesting to. Me, yeah he might not be. GOOD i don't know if he's. Good that's a. Problem a lot of short, stuff, Right, yeah but would be curious to see if he's the kind of guy that would appeal to like An oregon state upgrade to The West. COAST i.
Speaker 2: DON'T i, mean, YEAH i think he's better Than Ben. Goldbrenson yeah About fresnel for any of these guys Like Keiden, Slovas, fresne Like Jeff tedford's a quarterback, whisperer you, know at least is. Sometimes, Yeah fresnel seems like a good. Destination they develop, receivers they're able to get transfers from guys who were you, know bigger prospects In california coming back home in the same way that you, Know Oregon state's able to Get West coast transfers back to The West coast after they've been somewhere. Else fresnel seems like a great. Destination there are a lot of great.
Speaker 1: DESTINATIONS i think what we're talking about when we bring Up Keaton slovas certainly when we bring up a guy like A Hank. Bachmeyer these are guys who have played in systems where they're asked to throw a lot of short. Stuff, yeah a lot of short stuff from, right And Keaton slova's played in kind of an air raidy, system. Right we've also had The Hank bachmeyer, experience which again is a lot of short. Stuff So i'd be curious to see what a what an interesting landing spot would be for those. Guys one program that we have not mentioned at, All i'm ready if we are travel. Agents kentucky is, interesting, Oh Liam, Cohen, Yeah kentucky is interesting Because Liam cohen's stock swored after one year At. Kentucky mm. Hm and you, know The Will levis thing obviously has perpetuated on now into now the off, season where folks still have him as a top ten. PICK i don't get. It at some, point maybe we'll Bring we'll bring face still do oh, yeah, okay, yeah maybe we'll Bring Nate tice back on the show and we can see it has change his tune at. All in the off seasons we get closer to the. Draft, YEAH i still don't get. It but The Liam cohen, thing at least for one, year boosted both of their stock enough that you, know we're still talking about these guys as the next great. Thing so if you are a, quarterback if you're looking At, kentucky if you're knowing That Liam, Cohen Liam cohen is going To Luke aldmeyer action To, Kentucky i'm just, saying Keeping kentucky in the back of your mind is a possible destination for any of these guys.
Speaker 2: Well by low action from a backup who couldn't crack. It by the, way recently discovered That Luke altmeyer And logan's mothers are two entirely different. People why isn't anybody telling me these? Things, YEAH i don't hate that For. Kentucky kentucky is a program that is it seems to be on stable ground and bringing Back Liam cohen only helps that they've developed young receivers, recently the defense has been consistently a. Threat not every, game but a. THREAT i would say they DEVELOP nfl caliber. Talent you can win a bunch of games At. KENTUCKY i don't hate.
Speaker 1: That in our chat, Here Graham mertz has been has been apparently. Gotten he's gotten a little bit of steam here With. Kentucky so we'll see if.
Speaker 2: You gotta see. Something AND i look the way that we thought About Will levis coming out Of Penn state and going To kentucky are, like, oh good, luck and proved a lot of people wrong With Liam. Pohen, Anyway, Look Will levis has had a. Resurgence, yeah AND i think him being put in a situation to showcase what he can do as a thrower has been a great.
Speaker 1: Story i'm not rooting Against Will. LEVIS i just don't think he's a top ten, pick. RIGHT i don't think he's a TIME i think if you throw for ninety eight yards or whatever it was Against, vandy that that should be something of a. Disqualifier right arkly, man you. Don't i've been wrong before Into, nashville BUT i know we're going to have to bring somebody on at some point to tell us why why they still feel that way BECAUSE i don't see. It But i'm also not a. Scout CAN i give you is there any school where they just assumed that they have their? Guy but you're not?
Speaker 2: SOLD i, Know i'm putting you on the spot with this, Question, like here's a question to, me, like if You're, baylor are you positive you've got your?
Speaker 1: GUY i don't, KNOW i don't. KNOW i don't think, SO i don't. THINK i don't think you should be positive Because i'd kick some. Tires this was supposed to, be you, know the coming out party For Blake, shaping and granted there was turnover, there and granted there was plenty of reason to believe that this would be something of a down year For. BAYLOR i think a lot Of baylor, fans a lot Of baylor fans will tell you explicitly that they were disappointed By. Shaping that left a lot to be desired and though the upside is still like you can see that there's upside, there that there was a lot of meat on the.
Speaker 2: Bone somebody in the, chat Mister Pizza coley ole miss another good, suggestion are you positive they've got their.
Speaker 1: GUY i Like Jackson Dart, OKAY i like.
Speaker 2: HIM i don't know IF i love, them especially given what we've seen From lanekiff and.
Speaker 1: QUARTERBACKS i don't. Know this is WHY i love the, portal, man that's my favorite time of. YEAR i love the. Portal it's my new favorite, thing AND i wish more people would get on board with. Me get on. Board we should Make can we make sure it's like all board the portal, TRAINERS i don't, know like you're more creative about this THAN i, am BUT i want portal shirts to celebrate the transfer portal BECAUSE i honestly believe that this is once more people kind of get over themselves and realize how much fun and how ridiculous this is going to be moving. Forward it may not be this ridiculous, after you, know we get through the WHOLE covid, thing BUT i still believe moving, forward this is going to be one of the crown jewels of college. Football that makes it feel LIKE nba free agency And baseball free agency and everything rolled into. One because, again no one's running. It no one's running. It it will be all, speculation complete rumors twenty four to seven AND i love. IT i love everything about.
Speaker 2: It my only, qualm my only, concern my only. Worry BECAUSE i like the ability for players to have more, freedom is that from a fan, perspective that it is more difficult to lock in on a favorite, player right that you're going to be more inclined to, Say i'm In North, Carolina i'm An illinois. Fan i'm A ucla fan more than you are a fan of a. Quarterback because you grew up as A Notre dame. Fan but you didn't just grow up as A Notre dame. Fan you grew up As Ron palace, fan as A Jerome bettis. Fan, whoever because like those were your, guys you saw them progress over your, years at their years at your. School it's more difficult to do. That, like as An oregon, FAN i don't feel For, bnicks who might be the best modern Quarterback organs ever had given this, SEASON i don't feel the same way about him AS i felt About Darren thomas Or Marcus mariot Or Joey. Harrington right that you just you grow with, them and so that's the thing That i'm, Like, well you lose a little bit of, that and that's a bummer as a. Fan that concerns me a little.
Speaker 1: Bit this is where some of the pro sports leagues have one up on college fooms totally, right because you can play fantasy sports to a different. DEGREE i, MEAN i, know we have plenty of great options with fantasy college football. Whatnot there's just too many teams and that makes it. Hard but there are plenty of people who follow those sports just from a fantasy, perspective and guys moving teams is something that can be celebrated in a way that it isn't as much on the college. Level so like we could cover this from a thousand different, DIRECTIONS i expect that we will continue to do. So we're going to have to do so in this new world of college football as guys continue to move. On BUT i love. It i'm all about. It maybe that's because my team needs a quarterback, desperately but it'll be so interesting to see where these guys end up. Going so here's What i'm gonna do to put a bow on This december to remember. Style i'm gonna keep it. Playing, okay it's really. Low i'm gonna go. Through i'm gonna give you each. Name can you tell me where you want them to go as a travel agent, here, Okay Devin, Leary. Wisconsin come, on what IF i want stability? There they haven't had it in a. While Brennan, Armstrong. Nebraska, yeah d J U u c L. A there's the flute. There it Is grayson.
Speaker 2: McCall uh Notre, DAME.
Speaker 1: I mean, YEAH i love. You Spencer, Sanders, Florida hudson card we said t C. U Graham mertz.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Uh next, Topic drew P Drew, Pine Penn. State this really does go high. Here never let it play this? Song ye all? Right finally not even gonna react to me Saying Drew, Pine Penn. State, OKAY i just. DON'T i was kind of saying that In, Troy, troy all. Right, uh final one here we will throw Out Jeff. Sims Jeff Jeff sims apparently is going To. Nebraska oh. Okay last one here that we'll throw out Is Hank Bachmeyer, Fresno. Fresno all, Right so, look saliverbogmail dot, com let us know across social, media let us know In. Patreon we've got a bunch of folks who are listening right now For ballers Dot com or commenting along as we go, here let us, know if you're the travel, agent which of these situations makes the most. Sense, yes the rumors will. Persist obviously a lot of this will not be set in stone for a good long, time but we will revisit as. Needed that's what we do on the. Show we will be coming your way twice a week starting next, week, right, Correct, yes twice a week starting next. Week obviously there aren't games now to, discuss not on a weekly basis, Anyway but as we get Into bowl, season we're going to be previewing some of the biggest. Games we'll be talking a little bit more about, points breads and schemes and matchups and, styles making fights and all the normal stuff that we talk about here on the. Show hair, acronym that's, right the care, acronym which you AND i had a bit of a dispute. OVER i think we've said, that. Right we're locked. In, yeah we've locked. In now we're going with. Care care is.
Speaker 2: Crap don't pick them if you're figuring out which team, cares.
Speaker 1: If they'd be crapped down the, stretch don't pick.
Speaker 2: Them crap down the, stretch don't pick them about to be a new, team which means decimated by opt, outs, injuries coach, losses et. Cetera that's the a about are real scary picking interim coach in a you know spot where they're thrust into a position of absolute. Leadership and THEN e you, know en trust your gut or end of, day.
Speaker 1: Trust your, gut end of, day trust your. Guy the solid verbal cares cee period a PERIOD r period. E. Yeah put. THAT i mean we could do two shirts, here the transfer portal and the solidurble. CARES i love, It, dan enjoy your Week enjoy your. Weekend for those who are, listening we've got our Final spotify live show this. Evening if you're listening to this on A thursday, last we're gonna make it. Count the only place you can hear it is On. Spotify we're not even gonna put on the. Feet it's going to be like a secret thing. Easter eg, yes come on. Out soliverble dot com Slash spotify is where you can get the link five Pm east two Pm West thursday. Evening also soliverblelive dot. Com as, always that's where you can go to get the tickets for THE la. Show it's the last. Show of this. Season we're, pumped we're, Hype we're. Ready it's at The truebadour seven thirty Pm pacific, time of, course On january the seventh and, last but not. Least i've said that a couple times. Now but make sure you hit, follow make sure you hit, subscribe whatever your app, says we'd love to have you aboard. Here we're going to continue going all throughout the off, season certainly as we get through bowl, season as we get to the championship and all things that come. Afterwards college football is a year round thing these, days so we'll be here all throughout the off.
Speaker 2: Season, dan listen and subscribe To Extra nuggets new podcasts with me And adam amein the legend.
Speaker 1: Growing like a, weed, man it is growing like a. Weed people are jumping. ABOARD i, know we're super Thrilled Extra. Nuggets that's it for. That go over, there my good Friend Dan, rubinstein for my, Self Tie hill And, brand thanks for, downloading for, listening for playing along at. Home hope you're all doing. Well enjoy your. Weekend until next. Time stays out, peace