Speaker 1: Yo, what's up? You're off in God's Country, Let's read and is also known as the Brothers Hunt. We take a week lid drive to an inn section of country music and a great outdoors two things that go together, like a bro pod and being unorganized or.
Speaker 2: A two forty three caliber rifle in your first buck. Brought to you by Meat Eater uh No guest bro Pod Week video on our audio. I had a good name for these EPI broad Bro episode, A Bonus Bronus episode.
Speaker 1: Bronus is better Bronus Eperbrods. We're gonna call some people. We got the listeners sending y'all, y'all sending a bunch of questions. We got uh, we got some buddies, some songwriters, some gun people. Uh that we're gonna call and ask some questions. Get their take on on y'all's questions. It's it's pretty interesting. We tell some tell some stories. I think you're gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 2: A little bro episode, Yeah, Man, Bronus episode, that's the one. I think Bronus Bronus episode. What was that basketball player? Soibronis Gilbert Sabronis or something, Gilbert Arenas whatever. Serena Williams, Gilbert Serena Williams crib walking. It was Hey, listen, we're getting roasted. We're getting five stars. We appreciate y'all doing it. I haven't read this from that yet, Jumps, just send it to me. Let's go scathing. Five star Buy you, Bobcat. This podcast is a great listen. It's already funny podcast popcoorin. This podcast is a great listen if you're looking to be a slightly below average outdoors in the middle of the roads songwriter. Sick one brother can only carry a tune in Falsetto and the Only the One shows us that you can lose a bunch of weight and still be ugly.
Speaker 1: Youer ray laughing in there.
Speaker 3: Laugh.
Speaker 2: Oh, I sounded like a hen speed hitting the brakes right there really makes you want to give up your dreams stick with the desk job.
Speaker 1: Seriously, though, I can't stop listening to the podcast. It's perfect blended music, outdoors faith. These guys have a great story and great chemistry with all the guests. The little ditties are always on point, and I love getting to peel back the curtain on some of my favorite artists. I've even started to like some artists that I didn't like before solely because of this podcast.
Speaker 2: He has some questions and I don't know if we have time for him. Let's go super fast. I have a couple of listeners questions for y'all. If you want to want you to go to deer Rifle and why go right now? It's a six ' five creed More. The weather be three hundred nasty round. It's not a creed More sixty five three hundred. It's not a creed More six five creed More and a six five three hundred. I'm blasted dear with both of them. Okay, what is your uh what song have you written that you're most proud of?
Speaker 1: I mean right now in case Ana Rue, Okay.
Speaker 2: Keep it's good, great work, and God blessed. Thank you by you, Bobcat for your scathing yet sweet review.
Speaker 1: I love how most of them just like absolutely trash mud you and then pick you up. They're sourer than they're sweet man every time, either way, as long as you live a five star review and listen. We've been in the top forty for the last.
Speaker 2: Two weeks, so these reviews are helping, Mega helping Mega helping thank y'all so much.
Speaker 1: Top forty is cool man especially cool for two weeks. Let's go to forty. Let's go Top twenty. We talk, we're putting the gas down to We're putting the pedal down this year. Pedal to the metal is push and you guys are the gasoline to the vehicle. Which which is this? Thank you for support. Go follow us on TikTok, Go follow us on YouTube, Go follow us on Facebook, on Instagram, hit the subscribe button. We love you. We might get sued for this episode. I might get sued if we don't edit out some stuff. All good, but you know what, we don't pedal down either way, bringing it to you. Appreciate y'all. Things are handing on God's Country Searlet's beat up the guitar. We've got two brothers. One kills bigger here than the other. I don't know who put that in there. One can smash your golf ball, cook the best ribbi you'll ever have. I don't know. Both platinum songwriters.
Speaker 4: We've Got Your Boys is out of God's Country Podcast, Dan Henry dan Enry, God's Country Podcast, Dan Henry, dan Enry, God's Country Podcast, Dan.
Speaker 1: Enry Dan and you go up.
Speaker 5: Dan Enry God's Country podcast.
Speaker 1: Root Man, we got canceled on today. Buy some big guys. You've got rady. If you have that button that goes, you can hit that right here for no what he just pulled that one out, dude fast. So can I say, can I say, make us down and you can make it? Give me a round of applause, gout Ray, dude, that's too fast? Boo Dan guy, Ray? Is that a cricket? Crickets? Okay? This is oh man. We need to have a day like this every now and we just to just to figure it out, just to find it out, figure it out day. It's gonna be. It's gonna be good, though. We got some big time personality's gonna pop on and give some opinions over the phone, not in person. No, I'm not popping into the studio. We've had some recent questions about uh, you know, different things, and I think that's what's good about these kind of days is like it's a different day. It's not gonna be the same thing. This is gonna be kind of a fan a listener, not fan. We don't really listener interaction day where we put some some questions on we have fan cares. I don't know I fans. We don't have fans. Uh, but like we put some questions on the internet and let you guys ask us some stuff and uh, we're gonna answer them. We'll call some folks and get them to answer them. It's gonna be fun. Are you are you mad at anything? I am mad at something? What mad? Just tell us what it is? What's mad? Well interpreted gen lost kids, my best best man. I'd be the best friend, might be the best man. You see this part, I'd be boss man. Your neighbor's cat. Tell us tell us what you man? What's you're mad at? Did you did you see that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'd and have its close? I see what did you see the Uh that d M that somebody sent us about that it looked like a cat in a vacuum Sell, it was a cat. It was a pillow. It was Jordan told me it's a pillow. Oh, thank goodness.
Speaker 2: I didn't repost it because I was like, I can't repost a freaking they like a vacuum.
Speaker 1: Seal cat squished all the way down. Yeah that was good because she showed me. She was like, how funny is this? And I was like, not that funny, that's see, that's that's that was mine. It looks like it looks like somebody killed a cat and vacuum sealed it or their cat died in the back. But it was a pillow, and she says, a pillow like one of those things when you cut that bag and it's it's a it's like a cat pillow. Okay, whatever you say. It looked it definitely looked like a taxidermy cat. That's what I thought. Yeah, but then you think about vacuum sealing a cat. You couldn't actually do that, would you? Tax the dermy one? Are your dogs?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Here's my thing with dogs and like taxidermy a dog ta see. Look, I love Shining.
Speaker 2: I love my wife, but like I remember when when Christmas she got me a painting of Remy as a puppy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, And I'm like, you know, honestly, like it's really sweet and it's a really cute picture of Remy. But here's the thing, Like, when Remy inevitably goes, I think sometimes you're supposed to not be attached to thing is like that. I think that's why dogs. I think That's why God designed dogs not to live forever, live as long as we do. Like, dogs are best friends for a season, and they're supposed to be there for you for a reason for a season. The reason is the reason for the reason for the season. I know what dogs are too, pets are too? Are you? I just yeah, man, I don't I've got I mean, obviously we've all got pictures of our pets, and you've got them all on your phone. You've got them, you know, around your house. But that's why I like when I see tattoos of pets and stuff like that. Like I'm cool with like names and stuff, but like if you're putting in names, like if you want a tattoo really on your body, or my dog's name Eminem for maybe merrow, you're gonna do that? No, I know, I haven't done that. I don't think I'm gonna do that. Put taxidermy, like just stuff them and put them in the corner. Some people do that or like on like as a pillow, like hey there's remy see I'm out of course, dude, I love them.
Speaker 2: I love my dogs. Shout out, man, throw up a little prayer. Question my dog? Yeah, yeah, got a little She's gonna be alright, be right, but just you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's tough. Now, Listen, it's tough to say goodbye to a pet when your your pets getting older. I mean maybe she's getting older, Ymies getting older. Merles turned five this year. It sucks.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We've all had pets that have, you know, passed away and and gone on, but you know you've got great memories of them. They're there for And that's why I try to teach my kids already, like like what, man, let's stop talking about I'm not gonna be here forever. Go All dogs go to heaven. Though it's a great movie, and this is a dog. This has to do with maybe I'm mad at okay perfect.
Speaker 2: I spent all day the other day, dude, we haven't talked about this. I know I keep meaning to to remember to ask you about this. I know I want to know what.
Speaker 1: I'm just as curious as the listener right here. I spent all day the other day. I've had I've had. I've got a freezer that's got all my misteaks, all my wild game everything in it. Then I have a Then I have a freezer that has some deerheads, A couple of deer heads. There are a couple of anahopes in there. Some turkeys, Turkey fans are a full turkey in one of them that I haven't gotten around to either European Mountain or send it to the taxidermist to get them out of. And so I took one out through the day. I was like, you know what, I got some time coming up some off days, I'm gonna I'm gonna take one out and I'm gonna I'm gonna euro mount it. And took it out, prepped it. You're supposed to keep it in the water, like keep it water just like like a wet a little bit so the skin will come off easier. Ye did all that prepped that. That took by a day to thought, and then put it in water. Leave it in there, let it get soft. I think it's I think it's my like soup, like oh, no, you know which one it was. It was the one from uh South Dakota West River, the one we huh drove all up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's a there's a happy ending.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I get it out, start cutting on it to your amount. I work all you know how those things take. How long those things take? I work all day on it, cutting it, cutting the skin off, pressure washing, boiling pressure, washing, boiling pressure. Finally get the get the shovels off, or the get the horns off. What do you call those things? On an analytcause? Antlers fall off and yeah, so get get them off. And if you don't, if you never, I think like they they they there's a layer of skin under them. It's almost like a they're not connected to the bone. There's a layer of cartilage like cartlage or something under.
Speaker 2: The turn that they're suppliable too. So you can literally you them.
Speaker 1: You bullet, you bullet for ten fifteen minutes on a slow rolling bull, and you can turn and twist and pop those off. If I did that, got those out of the way.
Speaker 3: You go in.
Speaker 1: Then you cut they get a little like bone like bone holders. You almost cut it. You cut them, do the whole I did the whole thing all day long. Took me all day. Put it in the garage, to the skull in the garage to dry out, have fans on it. While I was going into the shut the garage door, or so I thought, I go inside, clean up. I look, I come come back. Hey there, Katie, come back. About thirty minutes later, check on it. Not there, garage door is still open. There was something in the way when I hit the garage door that the garage door came down to pop back up the reef. I look out and uh, I'm like, where's my go outside. I'm like, Maybelle, Maybell not coming. I'm like, dude, please don't tell me, Please don't tell me. I look around and she's on the ground just doing that go over there, half eating analytte skull in her mouth all day long. Luckily she didn't get the she didn't get the horns. She ate half the skull, completely destroyed it. Yeah, but I just popped the horns off, and I had the horns and I put them on a different anelope skull that the horns were kind of kind of mess them up the last time I did it, so it worked out. But she that's what I'm met at. She ate half of my European amount that I worked all day on. Yeah, you gotta be you gotta be careful with those. They're easy to mess up, especially if you like hang them somewhere, put them in the yard. Things eat them well. I thought I straut the garage door, but I didn't. That's the problem too.
Speaker 3: You didn't.
Speaker 2: Randy by God Brown is mad at the fact that red lock tight and blue lock tight both come in a red tube.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure red lock tight is more tighter than the blue tight. I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 7: Go.
Speaker 2: Red lock tight is stronger and more permanent than blue lock tight, and it's used for heavier applications. Blue lock tight it's easier to remove, and it's used for applications that may need to be This is simple.
Speaker 1: I'm mad at the price of super glaud. I want to get some super glue of the day free, seven dollars for a little bit, and it doesn't come. There's not much in it, like at all, I'm not much in it.
Speaker 2: I'm confused about that. I thought there was a blue and a red bottle.
Speaker 1: Is there? Are there just blue bottles?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I've never seen a red lock type. I didn't even know that the difference between her blue and red. Yeah, what's you mad at, man? I'm really not mad. I'm honestly just in a in a gracious spot. I took my dog to the bet day. It was ten billion dollars.
Speaker 2: But you know what, this morning she was up tail wagon, feeling about eating food, barking at the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Felt.
Speaker 2: I was very happy being adult. I'll say she's probably eighty percent. Yesterday she was probably about thirty percent. So I'm just in a state of gladness today that my dog's good, good for you, and my family's good, and everybody's good.
Speaker 1: Amen. Probably gonna get some snow tomorrow.
Speaker 8: It's a great dad starking on some shoes, shineing on a cool my eye.
Speaker 1: This hard times in the neighborhood. Why I can't every baby does a lot of movement on. That was I tried. I got it, but shoesh you didn't get it. Hey, do you wanna do you wanna do a little recap of Turkey Weekend?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Turkey Weekend. It's crazy, dude, It's getting bigger every year. Turkey Weekend is n WTFO.
Speaker 1: It's just not national. It should be NWTW national Wildlife Turkey Weekend.
Speaker 2: National, what the Turkey Weekend, That's what it should be. Because it is goose calls and duck calls and people in camo and and it's you know, I even thought this this year when I was like going, I was like, I'm not wearing camo this year. I'm not because it's like the movie where you just wear the baddest camo thing you had.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: It's kind of getting like vintage too. So if everybody's wearing super old vintage a jump suit.
Speaker 2: I saw some people walking around jumpsuits, like what's it? And I'm like, bro, you don't.
Speaker 1: The ones that get me are the full tucks. They're like the full like suit suit tuck suits people are are wearing to these banquets. But you know what, man, do you do?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: If that's what you can? Also come and spend your money because there ain't no telling how much was raised for for conservation this year.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: And there's also it's also great for small brands, small businesses coming there, and and I don't mean small, there's also some massive businesses coming there, but like you know, your average callmaker coming coming there and get some looks, kind of make a name from.
Speaker 1: So so there's so many pictures of so many people, I mean like shoulder to shoulder. And the Opera is huge, right, like the Opperland is huge. Operland Hotel, But there are. There are some pictures of people like lined up and trying to get in that place and you cannot move. It sent my anxiety into a tails. Yeah, it was nice. Can't say this. I wore boots. Mistake. It have been hurt my foot. It's been hurting ever since. Mistake. Legit, my foot hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not showing from that or the three Sonic patties. We ate later that night with just cheese, no bread. We were starving, tried to stay low carb. We should have just gone two patties. Three patties was a little much.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect those patties to be that big shout out to Sonic Sonic. That's what I'm glad that is that Sonics Hamburger patties are not you know, a quarter of an inch or eighth of an inch thick?
Speaker 3: Three they were.
Speaker 1: They were thicky thinking But now I'm fifteen ounces of solid gray d beef.
Speaker 2: So my foot's been hurting from that. I'm not sure if it's the boots. I'm pretty sure it's a boot.
Speaker 1: Shout out to meat eater for they did it like a tri trivia triverer trivia trivia gosh like after party for the banquet, and they had us out. We played some songs, got to meet some folks.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: It's good talking to Clay with the crews. Yeah, everybody. Yeah, even though Barge was nice to see. Man, it's good to see everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I won't miss anybody we see. Yeah, so Steve, he was too important.
Speaker 2: It was real fun telling my dear story to them. And for once it was requested, I didn't even have to. Johanny said He'd been waiting. He said, I've been waiting to ask you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It wasn't requested to Clay. Clay just kind of fell in and got it.
Speaker 2: Well, he said, but got Kelly big Deer this year. I was like, oh man, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's get into this thing. Let's do this all right.
Speaker 2: Look, well, our first question we got is from Jimmy four two three. I got a ten year old boy that I'm getting into hunting. What's your advice on the first gun to get him for deer season next year? Call someone, uh listen for this.
Speaker 1: I wanted to reach out.
Speaker 2: I've got a buddy named Seth Greer who is a awesome human being and knows a lot about guns. So we're gonna try this call thing. I still connected in there. All right, let's give her a shot. Here goes Seth Greer the gun guy here. That's crazy. I want you not answer total he's not going to answer.
Speaker 1: Seth. Bet he answer, Seth. That's a voicemail right there, Sethy, buddy, how are you good? What are you doing? Can you hear me?
Speaker 7: I can hear you? Can you hear me? Just fine? Sorry, I'm traveling to the airport.
Speaker 1: Oh you're all good, dude. We just sorry. I caught you a little later and I said I was going to where are you headed?
Speaker 7: I'm headed to our nations.
Speaker 10: I gotta go to d C. I'm flying into Reagan. So put me on the praise please.
Speaker 1: For sure got you? We got you on there.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, you're the gun guy. We know you're the gun guy. I always call you with the most random questions about calibers and what to buy for. You're the man Tom Elk Hunter. By the way, in case you read, you didn't know that you know that read I didn't.
Speaker 1: That's legit. Though he's not a oudaho Elk Hunter.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 10: I go to the worst spot on Earth on l catch just frustrating.
Speaker 7: But I love it.
Speaker 1: Did you kill one this year?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, I sure did.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: I live in the in the in the Idaho woods.
Speaker 10: I like to hunt the satellite bulls.
Speaker 7: It's one of my favorite things to do.
Speaker 10: Uh. They don't know as much in my area anymore since they release woods.
Speaker 1: So it's a challenge. Man, it's a lot of suns. Yeah, oh yeah, you're awesome. All right, dude, we got a gun question for you. We got a listener that that's sent in. He's got a ten year old boy and he's trying to get get him into hunting. What's your advice on the first gun to get him for deer season next year? And why?
Speaker 10: Well, well that's an awful profound question this morning. Uh yeah, that's a controversial cli. Am I being detained? Or am I am I free to go?
Speaker 1: You're free to go? Free to go?
Speaker 7: To now I'm just kidding.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's probably taker two and here let me can I let me start my let me prevac this a little bit and give you kind of some of my opinion on.
Speaker 1: That or uh.
Speaker 7: Things to consider? Maybe considerations is the work.
Speaker 10: I would say a couple of considerations that think about when you're when you're talking about or trying to answer probably a top three riffle hunting question, and it is a question for the It's just it's a good one and it can be controversial. Number One, you have to make it fun, right, So when you're thinking about caliber for a ten year old getting into ruffle hunting, it's just got to be fun and you into it. Number Two is another consideration, is uh that what ever that first rifle you.
Speaker 7: Buy, your tenure gun or you're whoever or ten year.
Speaker 10: Old daughter for ruffle season, it's probably nine times out of ten gonna become until death do them part piece. Right, It's gonna be a very sentimental item for sure, and for for the good part of their youth, they are going to gravitate.
Speaker 7: Maybe even some adults are gonna gravitate that gun.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 10: So it's just there's a lot of confidence getting built, there's a lot of things happening there, and there's a lot.
Speaker 7: Of attachment that happens that turns into a baby blanket.
Speaker 10: I still have the rifle I shot my first year with, and I'm sure there's a liners out there that are in the same boat. It's like, that's that's my baby blank lives in my safe. My son will shoot it one day.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Becomes an it becomes an heirloom, right, becomes a part of a part of the family, a part of the the bloodline. A little bit.
Speaker 7: Absolutely absolutely so. Well, I guess what that part of the creation is like, don't I would.
Speaker 10: I would definitely don't break the bank if you don't have to live where you can afford.
Speaker 7: But you don't want to go the lowest and the cheapest item.
Speaker 10: You want to go somewhere in the middle, because that is going to be a sentimental item for for whoever you're buying that.
Speaker 2: Or whatever solid point there solid I wouldn't even if I like that steth Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Thank you, And I'm going to give you a couple of options. Whitetail, try to do whitetail. In my personal opinion, probably number one, two three is just an all around break caliber. It's six milimeter, it shoots as flat as Kansas, it's right on recoil, and there's a lot of uh brain wylets that allows you to be really lightweight. It's just persatile. You can you can environment heart, you can do a lot of things with it, and it's one of those cos that's been around forever.
Speaker 7: So you know, first of all a wall or anything.
Speaker 10: But you can go to Walmart any city in the country and probably find a box of two forty three, or you can go to any sporting goods store and find it right So if you're in a pants you can typically always.
Speaker 7: And I think that's probably number one.
Speaker 10: I think the most versatile, because like I said, this is gonna be a gun for the ages.
Speaker 7: I think something you can use for a lot of different animals.
Speaker 10: Maybe we're talking about just whitetail, but we're talking about whitetail Tennessee, whitetail, Alabama, and then you go up.
Speaker 7: To Iowa whitetail. Let's say, y'all start traveling. That's a different animal almost, that's a bigger animal.
Speaker 10: Sure, I think seven millimeter eight it's gonna have a little bit more recoil parent case to that is two forty three.
Speaker 7: It's just neck down.
Speaker 10: It's just got a little bit more off to it, and you can longer bullet and shoot really flat across that Kansas Kansas flat cornfield.
Speaker 3: And I think it's just.
Speaker 10: All around maybe more versatile gun caliber. And then I think the hot take. I can't leave it all. It's just six ' five creed More sixty five creed More is just on fire. There's a lot of guys that why.
Speaker 1: It does It does feel like there is a there's a stigma with the six five right, like it took the place of the thirty all six or something like one. Why are people mad at that gun?
Speaker 7: You know? Uh, it's a some people hate it.
Speaker 10: I think some people have had not savory maybe the experiences with it where they've named the deer. They've made a good shot on a deer, and obviously they're going to blame that caliber. Shot placement is everything, so I mean, it just depends on where you hit him. And there's a lot of rounds, I'm sorry, there's a lot of projectile way that you can use with six five. It is a very very popular round in the long range prs uh, you know, petition.
Speaker 7: Long range shooting, and it performs very well there.
Speaker 10: So I don't know why people absolutely hated.
Speaker 7: I think it came around and it went away for a bit and then it came back, and Buddy, when it came back, it planned some roots.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 7: It's here to stay, right, everywhere, So you can be mad at it or not. It's it's here.
Speaker 2: I ain't mad at I got one, and I feel great about it. I feel great about hunting deer in the South with a six five Freedmore.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just say it.
Speaker 10: Dude, that's a you know, I'm proud of you for me first of all, but.
Speaker 7: It's a it's a tough one. I'm not gonna sit here and say I love it, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 10: Tell you that it pound for pound, it puts deer in the freezer. There's no doubt about it. It's a it's a very very good round, very versatile round. I think it has a little bit more recoil.
Speaker 1: I think you put me in el d X bullets?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Am I saying that? Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So, Honity makes an e L d X bullet and it's a it's a great bullet I lost, I lost it's a laser.
Speaker 2: I hadn't lost a deer with with that gun. I'm gonna be honest, but I'm a shoulder shooter. When it comes to rifles.
Speaker 10: You know, you push right through it, and that bullets enough to do that. And that's what I'm saying it's pretty versatile. And another thing to consider with six five m O is everywhere and and because of kind of like the kind of outside of the box because pr s are uh Precisian rifle.
Speaker 7: Shooter is really kind of loving bib.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 10: There's a lot of technology that goes into that, right, So a lot of m manufacturers are tooling that amo, they're trying to make it better, and they're you know, because it's very very relevant in that world, which obviously transfers over to the world, right, So.
Speaker 7: So that's that's really nice.
Speaker 10: But those are the three calibers I would say you can't go wrong with. That doesn't necessarily mean that those are the best three birds out there for a youth rifle. Obviously there are a lot of other ones on will mention is to sixty Remington great rounds gonna be a little bit probably tougher to find demo for it, uh And and you know, you can kind of pick a lot of a lot of the calibers apart and flesh it out however you want to.
Speaker 7: But that's just kind of my opinion.
Speaker 10: I don't think you can go wrong with that, and just just be mindful of those considerations that I brought up.
Speaker 7: I think that those those are important.
Speaker 10: I think fun is probably obviously safety is the number one most important consideration. Fun is probably your number two, and then your number three is going to be the sentimental value of what you were doing to uh.
Speaker 1: To your young sportsman out there. You just did it. Do you talk on podcasts for a living broll perfect well.
Speaker 7: Round or not?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: I don't you should drawing them a truck trying to think about what I'm gonna do and in d C.
Speaker 7: But get I appreciate you call him.
Speaker 2: You want to plug your business or you want to stay you want to keep flying low At this point.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna find a little bit low.
Speaker 10: But man, I got some stuff for you.
Speaker 7: Some stuff.
Speaker 1: We'll be ready when you're ready. We're gonna have you on it for a whole.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: We'll you all right, hey, be careful on the planes are going down everywhere, all right, Hey, man.
Speaker 7: I know it. I appreciate that. I appreciate the prayer list. Prayer list there so soon anytime, man, I love y'all. Safe.
Speaker 1: Hey man, just look at us, Bluetooth and a call in. The guy just took over and answered everything. I think I think all those and I think he's right. I think the key is to make it fun, man, make it enjoyable and memorable for for a son or daughter that you're getting out there for the first time.
Speaker 2: And you know, we're in a different age now where you can you can recall I mean, you can press the sound and kind of I mean for me, I think that's a huge thing. Like when I think about Liza and getting her in the woods with me, I know that the blast is what's going to scare her, right, So yeah, yeah, go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, I'm just gonna it's really expensive. It's really expensive, yeah, and tough to do it. And everybody that some walker's gaming is for fifty percent, I think for sure, if you if you're not going to suppress, you know, a gun, get you get you some ear protection for for a little one and throw them on their walker's game. Here is great axles, great tetra's great. Yeah, you know, just just put some just because, right. I think what's so scary about a firearm to people that don't shoot firearms is the sound, the boom, Yeah, and the and the jump.
Speaker 2: Whatever happens with that is the boom. I just said that today. I think I want to go Turkey up with you. And I was like, okay, great, what are you gonna shoot? She said your cross.
Speaker 1: Gun cross gun, and I was like, okay, I think another because there's no sound of that. Another another good point is get a get a stabilizer, get a bog pod, get a tripod. Something that's gonna locking bog Dude, come on, it's gonna it's gonna take it's gonna take the brunt of that recoil out and there's there's no weight to that. You can sit literally, sit it on the bog pod, tighten it in, and the gun can be sitting there and you can just put your shoulder up to it and pull pull.
Speaker 2: Another thing I'd like to say is make sure you're you've got that child shouldering the gun correctly and not putting their don't sky.
Speaker 1: If you scope your kid, kid gets scoped, he's out forever.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: That was good good. I think the hospital bill. I also like the sentimental value, like, get something kind of quality there. They're gonna keep it forever, no doubt. And that's true.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 1: What about that two forty three that I just bought the same gun that passed through our family. I'm saying, you killed your first year with. I killed my first year with. Dad's killed deer with it had the it's not when he didn't even have the circle scope on it had like the rectangle TV looking thing. Was sick man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bought the same gun. I just bought the same gun for my kid, a single shot to forty three a year ago, and it's just been sitting in It's just sitting the safe, waiting on them to get ready whenever they're ready to shoot it.
Speaker 1: It's fun buying guns for your kids. Every gun I buy now, I'd say it's for my kids so I can buy more kind of everything. Benjy Starks, let's get on that one. Beny Starks says, I want to start turkey hunting the spring. Where do I start?
Speaker 3: Just kidding?
Speaker 1: Where do I start? How do I find public land to hunt? And are there any unwritten rules I should be aware of? You want to take that, you want me to take, you will take it. I want to start turning turkey hunting the spring? Where do I start? I mean, you can go on you can go online and find public land around you. You can you can There's tons of I guess there's two parts of that, right I started to jump. If you've never really started turkey if you want to learn how to turkey hunt, what do you think of you first? I mean, I don't I think it is. I mean the first thing I would do if I want to if I want to learn how to do something, I go and watch videos or start reading about it. By a box call, a box call, you got to know how to use the box car, by a slate.
Speaker 2: Call, and buy a mouth call, and then get on YouTube and type in how to use a box call, how to run a slate call, how to use a mouth call, and then just figure out I mean, because honestly, we could sit here on this podcast and tell you how to do those things. But there are literal Grand national champion winners giving demos on how to blow a call and how to use a box and they're way better than us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you can be the best in the world at blowing a box or blowing a mouth call, or using a box call or a slate but to transfer that into the field and know when to do that it's super important too. And there's two ways you can watch people do it. Go with your friends. Go get on YouTube, get on the outdoor channel. Watch people turkey hunt. Watch how they try to get a bird to react. And then, dude, it's just like anything else. It's it's the ten thousand our rule, Like get get in the woods man and and and go find public land. Call your local you know, d n R whatever it is. We got the t w R A close to us. Reach out to them, ask them where there's some public land, and get out in the woods and listen to turkeys. Try to call turkeys up, screw up a bunch of times, shoot them when you're adam, when you're not supposed to mess them up, miss them, and and in a few in a few years, you'll you'll be almost a season turkey.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the breakdown would be initially a I would I would I would investigate the calls first. That would be my first move. After that, I would start trying to and in the process of that, even I would start trying to find a place to hunt. Right whether you got AND's and uncles with farms a couple of states away, whether you got some public around you that you could get to. Honestly, man, some of a lot of those guys like I know our buddy Steve that works up at cheat him he loves when people ask him. You know, when people pull up and they and and they're hunting, they're doing all they can do, and then they.
Speaker 1: Almost almost feels called to do it. Yeah, to help people get into the get into it.
Speaker 2: A lot of these, not all of these, but a lot of these wardens, and they they they're happy to help.
Speaker 1: You just got to kind of reach out and see what's available around you.
Speaker 2: The other thing I would get in or get into is putting the putting the word out that you're trying to find some ground to hunt. Now, whether that's you know, through your buddies or through your workplace. It doesn't have to be giant tracks of land either. I mean you can you can absolutely kill turkeys on two acres, uh, you know, from there.
Speaker 1: Up to to fifty I would, I would. I would.
Speaker 2: First off, I would get my license if I didn't have it. Second off, of course I would. I would investigate calls. Third off, I would try to locate a place in a place to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And and and as far as like any unwritten rules on public land of stuff, space is the number one thing right like like the and they say, when you're hunting public land, a lot of those guys are not going to go deep off into public land. If you if you really want to get on, try to get on birds or fine deer on public land. Keep walking. They say, go what, find the last coke bottle, find the last beer can, and walk another two miles into it until you find it.
Speaker 2: And early bird gets the worm on that stuff too. That's a good point. Instead of getting there and walking in at daylight, maybe do some scouting, find out where you want to be, maybe market on your onyx and get in their way before. I mean, that's how we used to do when we hunted public dude, we had to seriously be parking the truck at four o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, middle of the day too. Let those point, Let those let those are those are if people are gonna get in there early, let them go hunt the birds, get out, you know, and then take the middle of the day. Middle of the week is a killer time too, because a lot of people can't you know, they're gonna be working, can't hunting the middle of the week. They're gonna hut on Saturday Sunday ten to two on a Wednesday, ten to two on a Wednesday. If you can get a to gobble, it could be could be deadly. I hope that answer. That's kind of scantered, but I hope you answered your question. I hope. So all right, let's move on. That was the hunting portion of the bropod. Here's the life portion of the bro pod. Moving into this one. Okay, if you could participate in one historical event, what would it be? Question? I think I missed that one when I was reading over participate in one historical event? Would it be a little break here in the middle of hunting and music? I got nothing so far. I figure I feel like if you don't say like I want, I want to say, like, can I get this is history? Sermon on the mouth, they get out of there, listen, this is what this is history. Okay, did you see USA b Canada of the Day? I loved every second. Now look this. I know I didn't watch the game I watched, I didn't end of the game I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't watch it. I didn't even know what was going on. I got time for hockey. But the news come home, bro bros. Me chillwaks right now.
Speaker 1: Makes me want to They booed, can you play the national anthem in there? Oh? We can prog out, we can pro we can pro oh say can see.
Speaker 11: By the doms early? What's so proudly at the Twilight Last?
Speaker 1: Clean? Please broad strip sam.
Speaker 12: Brid start through the post.
Speaker 1: Or the rain parts we walk, We're so gal Lee stream.
Speaker 5: And the rockets redly.
Speaker 12: The bonds per steam game proof through the that our flag was stealy? Oh say does that star spiningle spanerod with.
Speaker 1: Or the lane end of the Free and the Home of the Bread my bath and I'm proud to be Listen. That was longer than I thought that was. I didn't think we were going to do the whole thing. Yeh, you might have to cut some of that up. Uh listen, you boo are national anthem? You see the fight? Yeah, you're gonna get punched in the face, get your ass kicked, and you're gonna lose. You're gonna lose the game. Look, I got some friends in Canada, but guys, the flag, throw the flag down the ground, stomp on it, burn the flag. I don't think that happened. No, But I mean people people do that. People do that.
Speaker 2: I mean here's the thing I even thought about before I knew the anthem, before I reposted it.
Speaker 1: God, it may be so glad to see that dude punched that cat in the face. Before I reposted it, I was like, man, we got some I got some friends with Canada, And I was like, you know what added to my story?
Speaker 2: Dude added to my story. I don't care what comes with it, dude. Part of life, man, you boo the anthem that's you're gonna get learned. You don't, You're gonna learn get learned. I would have been I would have loved to have been at that game. That's an historical event.
Speaker 1: The Dan's is the USA Canada four Nations game minds the Sermon on the Mount. All right, I'm gonna call you. Call who were called? Call Shane Minor. We've got a fan asking about the state of country music. What is this? How do you feel about the state of country music right now? Wait? Read who asked that? You can stop seeing fan? Sorry on note, I think a lot of people asked it. It doesn't it doesn't have one's particular name. Here we go, you what are we doing? What's the what's the the course? Shoot? Oh yeah, you give it to me. What a beautiful mess. What a beautiful mess?
Speaker 7: I mean, been in all my time?
Speaker 8: There nothing else I benda, dude, the sweet addiction that I'm called up ben? Why I can't get in of I've got a homefiola, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of beautiful lol, a beautiful mess and mean Shane.
Speaker 7: Oh what about it?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: What up mar going on?
Speaker 3: You guys?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 1: Thanks man, thanks man, moving practice you guys.
Speaker 3: Diamond could have heard that. That was awesome.
Speaker 2: This is uh, this is his Hey set of Instead of Diamond Rio, we got Dann Dan and Rito.
Speaker 1: Dan and Rito in there, dude. Shane's a Shane's a horse pulling behind his truck machine. Dude, he's got the horses for his for his girls, riding all over all over the country. Man, You wrangling you ranging horses there? They're ranging, going broke, going broke.
Speaker 10: You know how to make three You need three or four million dollars in the horse business.
Speaker 13: Right, How to make dollars?
Speaker 3: You got to spend three or four minutes, I hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But your Franklin Dad of the year, dude, you've been putting your time in down there, and those girls are better for it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what. You're right, I wouldn't I wouldn't miss it.
Speaker 13: Those girls are doing what I what I grew up doing, and I was thankful for my parents, but I just wanted to pass it on.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 13: And I never knew that they would go follow through the middle of the path, and I followed growing up.
Speaker 3: But it's been worse, and it's.
Speaker 1: You're raising you're raising them, right, Hey, before we get into the question that we're actually called to ask, you, just give us one rodeo story, but not that one that you're thinking of.
Speaker 3: You got to realize the only rodeo stories I got are like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, well maybe you're talking about maybe we should just get to the question.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 1: One of the first times me, one of the first times me and Dan and Shane hung out, we were writing a song over it. Shane's and his little girl had a horse riding practice or whatever they call it, and uh me and me and Dan just rode over there with them and they had what are those whips called, Shane other crops?
Speaker 3: Okay, well they were like, oh, you're or your barn Tammy's English Park. I still have that on video.
Speaker 1: We got me and Dan and me and Dan took turns whip whipping each other with that thing from about ten feet away. And I still think I got a scar across my back from it.
Speaker 13: This hit the front too, because that whip came around doubled somebody over.
Speaker 1: All, right, Shane, O, we're doing We're taking questions from fans and we had we had more than one fan or listeners that asked this, Uh, how do you feel about the state of country music right now? Shane Minor?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'll tell you what. It's starting to better in my opinion, I agreed. I mean, I there's a lot of young guys coming on, like Zach. You know, we have Tody Johnson, we got Luke Combes. Luke Combes really opened the door for nineties. I'm not saying that because he's our buddy, it's true. Yeah, he started doing that ninety sound.
Speaker 13: And and you know a lot of those kids are starting to like I mean, I spent.
Speaker 3: A lot of time on the road when I'm not.
Speaker 13: Right, and I spent a lot of time holding these kids to go rodeos and big roping's all over, you know, And and I see more kids these days, you know, going to the nineties country.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting point that like you're out there, you're out there literally seeing what what the next generation is listening to and here and and and watching them what they're what they love, what they're fans of. That's a pretty interesting point.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 13: I had a kid to walk up to, a kid I can't say his name, but high up in the high school, and he's he's a he's thirteen or fourteen years old, fourteen.
Speaker 3: He walked up and he goes, hey, I said, how come these guys aren't played on the radio.
Speaker 13: I looked down to his phone and it was Brooks And just like, I go, buddy, I go, those guys are superstars.
Speaker 3: Long for you or even a fight.
Speaker 7: And I've got I've got that Neon Moon and Boots skooting Man.
Speaker 13: He goes, man, I knew I heard that boot skooting boo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not old enough to go to bars, I've heard that.
Speaker 7: I looked it up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: They got all these cool songs. Have you heard him?
Speaker 3: And he's going down there, get there.
Speaker 13: Wow, he's hearing him for the first time. And that's that's who he's into.
Speaker 1: That's who he Yeah, that sound, that's sound.
Speaker 3: I think, you know country music. I want to say this the right way, and please correct me if I'm wrong, But.
Speaker 13: You know a lot of you know the the it's political too, you know, it's moved by it's moved by It's very simpical.
Speaker 3: It's moved by politics, for sure. And so I think people, you know, people I think.
Speaker 13: Miss still guitar and a fiddle, songs about cheating, about life, about drinking, about times when were good, when country was good.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? People are missing that. That's what I'm hearing. That's the stuff that and there are a few artists out there doing it. Some of the stuff I don't really.
Speaker 13: I guess what I have a problem with sometimes is turning on or hearing the country sounds supposed to be. I can't tell if it's if I'm listening to the hip hop station or country, even though even though I even though, even though I.
Speaker 3: Love all the genres and.
Speaker 1: Totally me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but it's like, because you know, because.
Speaker 13: Country with all that techno stuff and the beats and they have a pit pop and pop and all that.
Speaker 3: It's always been country has never been that cool.
Speaker 13: And that was that was that was the cool thing about country, because it wasn't like that country was. It was you know, three Chords, Truth in This and the soundtrack of America about life and not just a girl in a sun dress, and it was like it did something to us, you know, and it's like it you know, you look like every song has a memory or or all those all those songs that I grew up listening to, their kids are discovering now going this is freaking great.
Speaker 7: So it's like.
Speaker 3: It's not country music isn't dead. This is not being these kids.
Speaker 13: And I think the closest thing would be red dirt country, which is a cousin of country.
Speaker 3: I think in my opinion.
Speaker 13: And it's just that's why it's blown up, because you know, they weren't getting fed true country music.
Speaker 1: Who are they?
Speaker 2: Who are you girls listening to? In the trump? What's their playlist look like? When you where are you going on the road?
Speaker 13: They'll listen to, Uh, oh gosh, they'll listen to obviously, Toby Johnson's Act Top. They'll listen to, Uh, it's the terrible, these.
Speaker 1: Names, What's what's the strays the dirt?
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, they'll listen to them.
Speaker 13: They'll listen to the Turnpike guys at tribute.
Speaker 1: Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Listen to that.
Speaker 13: They listen to Merle Haggard, they listen to Hank Junior, they listen to Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So it's like they know, like they'll.
Speaker 3: Hear a new song.
Speaker 13: They'll listen to Zach Brian too. Of course you'll hear that, and I'll what is it saying, I don't know, it's just cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So I'm like, Okay, I get it's nothing against Zach.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure, I'm in the same boat. I'm in that same boat. I don't understand at all, but I get what they like it right.
Speaker 3: Right, right, totally get that. It's hard. But like when you see like when you see I guess we're going. I mean, I'll go there when you go see the Grammys.
Speaker 1: Right right, what happens right right?
Speaker 13: First of all, to me, nobody pays attention to the Grammys.
Speaker 1: I don't watch it, especially especially not country's political party, not country music listeners anymore.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean not at all, not at all.
Speaker 13: And you know, to me, that's a slap in the face of the guys and the girls, and the guys are true country artists. That are up and down the road in vands, singing every honkey type that's left in America and working tails off trying to bring country music to the people, and so many people deserve that so much more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I agree. That's why that's that's why it doesn't matter. No I said it.
Speaker 2: We were on Neil's podcast that tried that in a small town podcast of the day and got asked that same question, and my answer was, I mean, it's almost like you have to understand it for what it is, right, Like that's entertainment that the Grammys are entertainment. It's almost like getting mad at Jurassic Part for the dinosaurs not looking real.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Like you can't, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't take that as like an actual representation of the culture. And I'm not hating on Beyonce. I mean that one song was a hit, but I've spun the record and to me, you know, if I'm giving my honest opinion, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the country album of the year. Heck, now, not even close.
Speaker 9: No Beyonce on her stuff, oh me too, My god, Yeah, yeah, I hear.
Speaker 3: But that's that's what I want to hear her sing because she's the real deal.
Speaker 1: That's her, right, that's right. Yeah, that feels a little more authentic for sure.
Speaker 3: Well that's right. I guess it's the authenticity.
Speaker 1: Well, then we want to take you.
Speaker 2: I know you got a real big, important right with old wien Marble happening today. We're about to call him. Get him on the phone too. So if you see him sitting in the truck, he's answering to us.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 13: Well, listen, just say a prayer for me, because I got him to do boys.
Speaker 1: We'll do it. Hey, we love you, Shane, thanks for listening, Thanks for.
Speaker 7: Talking to us.
Speaker 3: I love you guys anytime.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, thanks Pye.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We had this conversation of the night at dinner about this, the same thing. Somebody asked me about where country music is right now, and I told him that like it, Just like Shane said, it feels like it's it's turning the corner back to traditional country sound. My traditional country sun, which is my traditional country sound, is not his country. And I brought this point. And I've heard you say this, and I've heard other people say this, but like in the late eighties, early nineties, they thought Vince gil was Tupac, you know, and he came in first guitar slinging dude, coming in, singing these melodies and singing these kind of you know, not necessarily controversial country songs, but but trying to. And you look back at those Vince Gill songs now and there's some of the most iconic nineties songs country songs that are out there. Yeah, And so it feels like artists come through and that there's like a there's a there's a genre changing artist that that that comes through every once in a while. And it felt like the Vince was that, It felt like Garth was that. It felt like Luke Bryan and al Dean were that. And then you get into Florida. Georgia line was that I.
Speaker 2: Remember, I remember where I was when I heard Cruise, and it flipped the genre on its head for a decade, right, for ten years, for a decade. And the trouble that I was having with that is I knew I didn't do that sound right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it took ten years, right, and those if you think about it as a caravan, those those vans or those trucks, Lord Georgia line is one is the front of that caravan. And then for the next ten years you've got guys trying to to do what the hottest thing is, which is which is cruise, you know. And and so Loord Georgia line happened, Comb's happened, and now Morgan Walling happened, and and now it's it's flipping. And dude, I think I think that I think that Top could be the next artist to turn to flip it back, cornerstone artist. I think you could be a cornerstone cornerstone artist to get it back. And and it's already headed that direction, right.
Speaker 2: I think there's always going to be room for a pop sound. I no doubt. I don't think it's going anyway away. I mean I think and I say this all the time, and this is not a knock on anyone or putting anyone higher than anybody else. I was talking to a guy one time and I said, hey man, because at the time, about three or four years ago, there was like this who's the goat conversation between Luke and Morgan, right, And I asked the guy, I said, hey man, who's who's the guy?
Speaker 1: And he was like, they both are.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about like we're so involved in the industry that we don't we're not true demographic listeners, right, Sure this guy was and he said, yeah, man, you know they're both great. Morgan's who you listen to when you're playing golf and Luke's who you listen to on the way home. And that really stuck in my brain and made a lot of sense. And what he was saying is the Morgan beats and the Morgan sound, which is great. Dude, I can't I can't knock it, Like occasionally I want to listen to that.
Speaker 1: It ain't no doubt.
Speaker 2: Man, when you're playing, you're kind of mindlessly playing golf. And I don't mean mindless in the sense you're not paying attention to what he's doing. It's just not as it's not as heavy, you know it feel it's easier. It's easier digestion, and then the Luke stuff usually leans a little heavier in that respect. I'm not saying that either one of them both both sorry, both of them have songs that are heavy. But as far as just the theme of what you're doing, you know that that made a lot of sense to me, and I think that'll I think both will always be around. I think there's plenty of room for Beyonce. There's plenty of room if she wants to do that. I think the issue with the Beyonce thing was that was just like immediate clout when the town and the genre doesn't necessarily feel that she earned her stripes yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and country music fans will sniff an inauthenticity, sure on authenticity, inauthentic miss out in a heartbreat man and and and if you ain't living the words you're singing about, you're gonna have a hard time with country music. And maybe she did, maybe she is.
Speaker 2: I know she puts some songwriters on and I do appreciate her doing that. Those songwriters are doing that, you know. Yeah, So, I mean that's just kind of my take on it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to another make another call right quick. This one comes from Megan Madison. What is your hype song or walk up song? Mine would probably be, uh, if you were, if you're, if you were batt and forth in the in the World World Series, I'll pull it up. I don't think we could play it. Probably weren't we can, I mean, not on there? What do you say we can't like legally, he said, oh, just sing it, dude, we do. We're gonna have to play pay like a licensing figure or something.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Hey, mom, sending the way you make your sweat make you groop?
Speaker 1: I'm walking all right, I'll turn what's yours? I don't know, I'd have to. I'd have to think about it. It probably I will say this. Can I play yours? What I think it is?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: No, I'm getting obeyed. I'm hitting a double through the gap. Anyway, whatever song you play right here? This is I mean I moon walk back the moon walked to the plate. I feel like that's you Can we do that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think we can. But anyway anyway, those anyway, those are good? All right now? Yeah, holler. This is coming from Andre Sherman. The last songwriting music question shot, what's the things? Let's not do this song?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. Got any songwriter tips for a beginner?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Who is this? Here's the boy?
Speaker 6: And who's it?
Speaker 1: Why'd you call us? What do you want?
Speaker 6: Well? I just gotten of bikes.
Speaker 3: Frank call.
Speaker 1: He is your refrigerate? Is your refrigerator running? We just got off the phone. With Shane Minor.
Speaker 2: He's he had to get political in the first five seconds, so don't do that, Okay.
Speaker 1: He told us to pray for him because he's got you on the calendar today.
Speaker 6: So yeah, pray for all of us. Reckon.
Speaker 2: That's right, hey, listen, we we just wanted to holler at you. We got We had a couple of listeners send us some send us some questions, and instead of answering them ourselves, because they get tired of hearing this thought, we thought we'd reach out to some good old hall of fame future hall of fame pro songwriter like yourself, brother, and uh, tons of hits down down, down your way, man, And uh, we appreciate you hopping on with us.
Speaker 1: What could you give?
Speaker 2: What advice could you give for a beginner songwriter come just just made his way to town trying.
Speaker 1: To fit in. Give him some tips here, tell him how to do it?
Speaker 6: Man, I would have to say, just write as much as you can. Uh, it's just like any other thing. Uh, the more you do it, the better you're gonna get at it. And Uh I moved to town with forty songs. It took me my whole life forty that I would play anybody. And uh, I you know, this guy told me one publisher said, man, he said, I think you got something. He go write a hundred more songs, come back and see me. And I thought, hundred more songs.
Speaker 1: That took me my whole life?
Speaker 3: Right, How old am.
Speaker 7: I gonna think? You know?
Speaker 6: And uh, it's like and and but but I was, you know, I was in Nashville and I and I did.
Speaker 7: He was right.
Speaker 6: I went and wrote a hundred more songs, and uh, I burned down, you know, I did it quick. And uh, but I tried to do up. Good you doing? And I and you just naturally get better. I mean that's been the advice i'd give somebody, you know, because it's just like building a house.
Speaker 3: You get better at it every time you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there ain't no teacher like experience. I'm a I'm a huge believer in that too.
Speaker 2: Where'd you get how was your how did you break into the town so you wrote? Did you did you end up signing with that publisher after you wrote a hundred more songs?
Speaker 6: No? I didn't. Actually, Uh, I was talking to two publishers really serious, this back in the early nineties. And and uh, they kept, you know, kind of wanting to sign me and wanting to sign me, and nothing was happening. By the year went by, and uh I went over and met with Cluke Williams and the Starstruck and uh playing some songs. I had some demos by then, which helped, you know. Yeah, And and he.
Speaker 7: Like told me what they give me in said.
Speaker 6: They wanted to sign me. Yeah, And uh I had a meeting with that other company the next day, and I guess they'd already heard that I was, you know, and they had the papers all laid out on the desk there, and they said we were ready to do the deal. And I said, well, I sook a man's hand yesterday over Starstruck and uh I got to go with him. And he said, well, we've been talking to you for six or eight months now.
Speaker 10: I said, I know, but y'all y'all just nibbled.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I mean, you know somebody who's excited about it.
Speaker 1: You know, that's right all right now? Now now now give give longevity tips. So that's that's right, as much you can as a beginner, But how do you how do you stick around? What's your what's your sticking around? Power Man. You've been here forever and and and and writing great songs for years. Now, what's your uh, what's you're sticking around? Superpower man.
Speaker 6: I can't speak for nobody but me, but uh, because I mean everybody does sure a little different, but I just, you know, I don't chase the trend. I just kind of write where I write. You know, I might ride with a young co writer that that they wants a little different, a little more kind of poppy melty or something.
Speaker 7: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 6: Uh, But I just kind of basically, if you do what you do and you're any good at it at.
Speaker 1: All, hold it to the mic o and uh kind of stick to what you do.
Speaker 6: Don't don't try to chase every everything that you know, because you know how music is, I mean that changes all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally all right. Now, how do you keep your wife happy?
Speaker 7: Do? What?
Speaker 1: How do you keep your wife happy?
Speaker 6: Well, you got to install something. It's it's a it's a little known fact that, uh that's really the only way to make a woman happy is to install install something. It's gotta be like a refrigerator more sure, you know, you just get those things that uh, you know or build on you know it just you know, you know, after a while you install something else.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen, I knew you were the right gutta call.
Speaker 7: I knew you were.
Speaker 1: Hey, will you come be on our podcast? Man? We gotta have you do We got to have you. Yeah, we gotta have it. We've got to have at least an hour or this.
Speaker 7: Oh, when we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: You tell me when we'll put it down. All right, I'll look, I look you let me.
Speaker 6: Know what you gotta hope.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get on some small. Me and Reid are ready to get on. Me and Reid are ready to get on the duck river with you. Man. Yeah, show show us your spot.
Speaker 6: Do that?
Speaker 1: Can you bring your podcast.
Speaker 7: Stuff over there?
Speaker 1: Oh? Maybe? Ray?
Speaker 2: Can we fit all our stuff on the boat, he said, Well, you gotta have a nineteen footer though, but we can do it.
Speaker 6: Well, I ain't got well rap, Hey, we love you win, We'll talk to you.
Speaker 3: Love y'all boy and have fun when.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we lost him halfway through it, but that's all right. Got him back a lot of music. Dude. That cat right there as good as gold Man that I'm coming better. He is solid. Oh man, he's so solid.
Speaker 2: Shout out to our guest today, Seth Greer, Shane Minor when Marble. Appreciate you coming on and that was random and we appreciate you doing uh so yeah, thanks for hanging out in God's country. That's a little different bropod right there for you. A little listener question answering some stuff going on. But uh, hey, man, we appreciate y'all. Thanks for thanks for sticking around and listening to us.
Speaker 1: And yeah you got anything to say? No, man, that's it, Okay, are we doing? H here's the good dogs, you know? Are we doing? Are we doing? What else to say? Oh? Graver, you wanna do a gravorite? If you want to do a song, just do it. Tell me what to play and I'll do it. Just pick something, uh, just something you like, dude, let's do uh, let's do. Here's one of my favorites. This is a song that I do. I know it. Yeah, that first time I ever heard it. It's been cut a few times. I think Uh Lady Annabellam did a version of it, but Chris Stapleton was the first one ever. Did he write this? Probably Steel Driver's thing. It's called rain on ten roof. I probably need to look up the words do it quick? Has I already started? Keep going?
Speaker 3: Dude, you're doing great?
Speaker 1: One more throw dude, you got this?
Speaker 7: Go?
Speaker 1: I can't. I should have type ran on a ten roof lyrics alright, ray horizon blue, just like the ocean. Her heart is a river freeze.
Speaker 14: Well now and then she against the notion and she finds way to me her loved side.
Speaker 5: Raise on the tin roof, A sweet song on the summertime storm and all the way.
Speaker 1: Any booze you.
Speaker 5: It's a maid of passion, rageing.
Speaker 15: All and then it's gone. Then it's gone, like this podcast. Then it's gone. Thank you all for listening to God's Gone.
Speaker 1: It's really gone. We're gone. We're gone. Appreciate y'all. Stake Gone God's Country Podcast