Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's bring in normal in DA Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent for look at some stocks on the move today, Nora, what do you have, Well, we've been.
Speaker 3: Looking at financial stocks. They are the worst performing sector in the S and P five hundred, and of course that's largely due to the fact that we did get news that President Donald Trump is calling on credit card companies to cap interest rates at ten percent for a year now. This deadline is for next Tuesday, January twentieth, And this has really been a bipartisan issue. We've been seeing both sides of the isleverally pushing to crack down on a lot of these credit card companies, especially given the fact that a lot of card interest rates are hovering above twenty percent over the past few years. But there are concerns from a lot of experts who are coming out essentially saying that this could potentially wipe out earnings from cards for a year, and it could potentially incentivize some of these companies to stop lending at the caliber that they have thus far right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and of course we have JP Morgan kicking off bank earnings tomorrow, so it's going to be really interesting to hear what CEOs say about these.
Speaker 2: Credit card caps.
Speaker 1: Nora, what else is on your radar?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm also looking at shares of United Health. This is taker you in h We're seeing shares that are slipping about one point four percent right now as we speak. Earlier down as much as two point nine percent. This is, of course, after the Wall Street Journal reported that a Senate committee is investigating the company's practices that found at the company deployed quote unquote aggressive tactics to collect payment boosting diagnoses for its Medicare advantage members. So you are really seeing this weighing on shares as investors are really trying to figure out what the potential implications of this could be. I mean, this is a stock that's really been battered. I mean it's had three back to back years of declines. If you take a look at the share action. Just last year, we saw the stock fell thirty five percent for twenty twenty five. So we'll just have to see whether or not this company is able to really eke out a turnaround story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in need of a turnaround story for sure. What about the third one?
Speaker 3: Yes, looking at the consumer space, So restaurants, shake shack is where I've got my eyes right now, let's take our shack shak. We're seeing shares hire by about four percent right now as we speak. This is after the company report of preliminary fourth quarter sales that were below Wall Street estimates. But we are still seeing shares hire as investors are really trying to figure out what are some of the tailwinds here. I mean, they did to today expect sales to expand by low single digits in twenty twenty six. That's compared to analyst expectations for two point four percent growth. But they did also mention that they planned to open ninety five to one hundred and five company operated and license locations this year.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app,