Speaker 1: The broken American media has covered Donald Trump like they cover Survivor. Each day in the news is an episode of a reality show, with the Sunday shows beginning the week with a special edition of Catch Me if you can, over and over and over again. The insanity has been indulged. A perfect example of Scott Bessen being interviewed on CNBC.
Speaker 2: Four years in the Europeans are still financing the war against themselves.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: But what I do want to say is same thing that I said after Liberation Day on April second. Everyone take a deep breath. Do not escalate, do not escalate. And President Trump has a strategy here hear him out, and then everything will be fine.
Speaker 1: Don't escalate, don't escalate. But what did anybody expect to happen when the United States abandon its values, abandon its ideals? The world has answered. This is January two. First, I'm Steve Schmidt. This is the warning. At the World Economic Forum in Davas, American flags were burned. The United States, according to Reich fior Miller, has declared itself a predator nation. The world watches Donald Trump's secret police assault American citizens and attack ollies threatening to invade the Kingdom of Denmark and destroy Nata. Here is the answer from President Emanuel Macron.
Speaker 4: But we do prefer respect to bullie, we do prefer science to plutism, and we do prefer rule of law to brutality. We have a place where rule of law and predictability is still the rule.
Speaker 5: Of the game. And my guess is that it is largely unenterprised by the market. Having a place like Europe which sometimes is too slow for sure and needs to be reformed for sure, which she's predictable, loyal, and when where you knew that the rule of the game is just the rule of lou it's a good place.
Speaker 1: Here was the Democratic front runner Gavin Newsom, making clear that appeasement in the twenty first century leads to the same road of ruin as it did in the twentieth.
Speaker 3: And stop being complicity. It's time to stand tall and firm, have a backbone. I can't take this complicity people rolling over.
Speaker 6: I should have brought up a bunch of knee pads for all the world leaders. And I hope people understand how pathetic they look on the world stage. I mean, at least from an American perspective, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: So what should you and I doing?
Speaker 6: They usually decide. The European should decide for themselves what to do. But one thing they can't do is what they've been doing. And they've been playing. So it's been playing folks for fools and it's embarrassing European state.
Speaker 3: This is deploymacy and this will also this is diplomacy with Donald Trump. He's a t rex. You mate with him or he devours you one or the other. I need to stemon No.
Speaker 6: The Europeans could be if they continue to put down this path and process. They need to stand tall, stand firm, stand united. Look, you said this a year ago. We should have been having this conversation and they didn't. Okay, and now you're paying the price exactly what anyone Objectiveserver would have anticipated with the where we are to.
Speaker 1: Here is the Prime Minister of Belgium.
Speaker 7: But now so many red lines are being crossed that you have the choice between your self respect. Being a happy vessel is one thing, being a miserable slave is something else. If you back down now, you're going to lose your dignity. And that's probably the most precious thing you can have in a democracy.
Speaker 3: It's your dignity.
Speaker 1: A happy vassal or an unhappy slave, is how he sees it. And of course there is the address by the Canadian Prime Minister. It is a world historic speech. One year after Trump's vile inaugural that rejected and repudiated the Atlantic Charter. One of the charter members of the Free World, Canada has answered.
Speaker 8: We knew the story of the international rules base order was partially false, that the strongest would exempt themselves when convenient, that trade rules were enforced asymmetrically, and we knew that international law applied with variant rigor depending on the identity of the accused or the victim. This fiction was useful. An American hegemony, in particular, helped provide public goods, open sea lanes, a stable financial system, collective security, and support for frameworks for resolving disputes. So we placed the sign in the window, We participated in the rituals, and we largely avoided calling out the gaps between rhetoric and reality.
Speaker 5: This bargain no longer works.
Speaker 1: It is an extraordinary address. It is a smashing through the potempting window of normalcy. Morc Carney explained how tutalitarianism works, and he refuses to be the shopkeeper that puts the sign up every day no more. Carney demonstrated he's a serious man in a serious time. Eighty years ago, the world paid a terrible price for appeasement. Here's what Winston Churchill said then. And late last night, Democratic senators capitulated to Donald Trump suggesting that they will deliver the votes to fund his gestapo, his secret police, the collaborators, Corey Booker, Patty Murray. They're the same appeasers that Gavin Newsome is warning about in Europe.
Speaker 6: This is co read. I mean, you guys are still playing by all set of rules. Everybody with Globe is with this guy. He's unmoored. It's the law of the jungle. It's the rule of Don and I hope it's donning on the world what we're up against.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is this is serious.
Speaker 6: This guy is.
Speaker 3: He's he's not mad, he's very.
Speaker 6: Intentional, but he's unmoored and he's unhinged and it requires the goal is whatever he wants it to be about.
Speaker 3: The goal is the world in his image. What would yours? A narcissay? I mean, it's just it's no advice of common sense.
Speaker 6: Why don't Why don't folks do what they say publicly, what they're saying in private. Why don't they just simply do what they know is right. I mean, everybody's talking behind his back, they're laughing, and I don't. Meanwhile, they're sucking up to him. It's embarrassing. I mean, this is your modeling behavior for our kids, generations of folks. This is not the pomacy.
Speaker 3: This is stupidity.
Speaker 1: Appeasement and malice together have led us to the edge of ruin. And so let me leave you with these words from the Canadian Prime Minister, because they are a warning of things to come where we will be poorer and our children will have left because of the fascist Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Let me be direct.
Speaker 8: We are in the midst of a rupture, not a transition. Over the past two decades, a series of crises in finance, health, energy, and geopolitics have laid bare the risks of extreme global integration. But more recently, great powers have begun using economic integration as weapons. Tariffs's leverage, financial infrastructure, is coercion, supply chains as vulnerabilities to be exploited. You cannot live within the lie of mutual benefit through integration when integration becomes the source of your subordination.
Speaker 1: Bob Steve met this is the warning. I invite you to join this community where I promise to be honest, blunt and direct about what is happening in this country. America is in crisis. Follow and subscribe to this channel and on substack. Thank you.