Speaker 1: Show on the road. Heyes, Scott, I felt like I haven't seen you in a while, I know, even though I see you every week, you know, every day, every day? This is Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Why can I think of her name all of a sudden?
Speaker 2: Every day?
Speaker 3: Yl every day, it's a winding road.
Speaker 1: I get a little bit closer. I like that song. What other song does she sing? I soak up the sign she had like in the late nineties, early two thousands. This is Serial Killers, the podcast where we eat cereal. We try to let you know how it is and maybe you buy it. And welcome to Labor Day. Hi, today's labor day. It's Monday. Guess what we're laboring? Yeah, by working? That's correct. Yeah, do you know it's you know what, can I just tell you something is really weird? So we're you know, most of us here are in the union, the sag Aftra, you know. And do you know that our contract here in New York does not count Labor Day as a holiday. Labored unions were built. Labor Day holidays is because of unions. So I don't understand. It's so confusing to me. Yeah, that's very confusing anyway. So we're working not getting paid any extra. You know, I do a lot of podcasts with celebrities and the amount of times I have to sit with them behind the mic, Like, we don't do this for fun. This is a hard job. As we're about to eat cereal, I just want you to know we do it for fun. We are doing this for fun, and this is fun and it's people do way harder jobs than us. So thank you to the people that do the hard jobs like doctors. Uh huh, firefighters, sure, police officers, teachers, nurses, teachers, nurses, every horse.
Speaker 3: Yes, So while this is labor, it's a labor of love.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, look at you.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, so this right here is episode three nine. Wow, you know what happens next week four hundred. That's insane. Yeah, it really is nice. Okay, let's eat some cereal, buddy. I mean, I feel like we're at the stage now where we're overflowing with new cereals, Like all that stuff in the bottom, most of that's all new and we haven't done any of it. Wow, it's crazy exciting. So we're going to start off today with one that you.
Speaker 3: Have a table again, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just yeah, I like that, well, because I've been putting all the cereal we've been eating into the dispense. You know, when they go like hotcakes? I know, how do hotcakes go? I don't even know what a hot cake is. It's a pancake for McDonald's. What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the.
Speaker 3: Phrase they're going like hotcakes comes from.
Speaker 1: McDonald's selling like hotcakes. I don't think it comes to McDonald's. But I've never heard it called hotcakes anywhere other than McDonald's that big breakfast there at McDonald's. They used to come in the styrofoam thing. Yeah, they called hotcakes.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: They might not be able to call them pancakes for some reason. There's probably something missing from them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's interesting to me. I never thought of this.
Speaker 1: Right, So let's start with one of the cereals that I found at Costco a few weeks ago. Yes, I did post this on our Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the one that I found and I said it on the show, and you said, why didn't you pick it up?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah? What's my vector?
Speaker 2: Victor?
Speaker 1: You know movie that's from The Naked Gun. I think it's the airplane. Oh is it naked gun. It's one of them. I think it's it's either naked gun or airplane. I thought it was airplane. Are you impressed that I was even close to the mark? Yeah? Thanks? Yeah, I love airplane. We've spoken about that before on the show. Surely you do. Surely, Shirley, don't call me Shirley. Okay, So this has two bags in it. It's food that fuels you. It's called vector. Take one out, go ahead. This one looks way more filled than this one, which I know is impossible. But do you see that? It's just because it there's more air in that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're sold by weight, not volume. So this is delicious multi grain flakes and crunchy granola clusters, and there's two bags in here, and I don't know how they can claim that it's delicious. Will be the judge of that smells nice? And look it's secretly distributed by a big, big company, yet it doesn't say it anywhere on the Jelloggs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you like how I knew that too?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I said it in my post. I trust me.
Speaker 3: The last thing I was thinking of was your post.
Speaker 1: I mean technically it was our post. Yeah, hours. Do you know that, like like on the Serial Killers Instagram? Yeah, there direct messages all the time, and a lot of times they address you. Oh they do, yeah, but you don't see what do they say?
Speaker 2: They say?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay Andy? That really stuff like that. It's just you from your troll accounts. No, just damning it. You know usually when I go back to the fridge, you should say stuff, so there's not silence.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you're making owing an eyeing.
Speaker 1: They can't hear it. I'm back there, all right. So we're gonna use two percent milk today? Thanks? I like, yeah, nice little skim, little creamy seven seven eleven?
Speaker 2: Do with skim?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about skim? Okay, you have not learned about milk this whole time? Does it look like I have? First of all, they don't call it skim anymore. Second of all, it's fat free that yeah, so you know it's very far from two percent. Maybe fu here we go, we're going matter with you. You have milk all over your legs, but couldn't have that dry dairy smell later?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like that.
Speaker 1: I did to It tastes like something we've had before, like a corn flake. No, It tastes like a cornpike.
Speaker 2: It's it's just a little bit sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's hardy multi grain flakes, crunchy granola clusters. This is delicious all invector. I'm going to give this four bowls and a spoon. WoT boom mm hmm. I'm going to give it four bowls. It's nice. I don't know where else it's available other than Costco. I'm sure they probably will sell it somewhere at some point. There was another berry one that I picked up there too that I'm really excited for it. We'll do that one maybe next week. This is delicious. It is pretty good, yeah, you know, and it has the essence of health h and the essence of it. Yeah. I mean there's sugar in there, a lot of sodium too. I don't taste that. Yeah, I'm surprised about that as well. Where do you see that two hundred and twenty milligrams of sodium? Is that like a warning? I don't think it is. Oh, you know, like on the Mexican cereal that says mucho saal Yeah, mucho with the big stop sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, this doesn't say mucho sal Okay.
Speaker 2: Alright, Well it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty good. I don't really get any See you opened it without shaking it, so there's really no granola clusters, so that might have changed it a little bit. Okay, don't you think No, I definitely got the granola clusters. Also, if you look here, the granola clusters are like that. I got a lot of those. They're like built onto the flake. It's not like a typical granola. All right, grab that little note over there, because that's the next cereal we're going to do. Is is this your park?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Not that. Right next to the tissues, there's a note happy fiftieth Yeah from Melissa and Natalie. Happy fiftieth Scottie, love your Wegman correspondence from New Jersey Melissa and Natalie. There's ten not Nicole, right, So uh they sent us a bunch of Wegman cereals once again. And let's stick with the you know, the flake theme. I love it since you're very flaky today. Uh. Wegmans. You know, it's the supermarket chain that's kind of in the Northeast. I guess they have the train. They do have the train. They don't have them all over the country, but there are lots of Wegmans. Yeah, they have a good hot bar.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the stores. You can't. Can you make a blanket statement like that? Or maybe just the one by your parents' house?
Speaker 3: She could throw a blanket over your head, do it?
Speaker 1: I don't have one. So this is frosted flakes, sweet and corn flakes, Cereal cool, frosted flakes. Great, that's it. I love it. Let's do it. Do you think they're gonna be great? That was good? I ended just like him. You didn't, Yeah, I did. Tony the Tiger would approve.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: They smell like frosted flakes. Aren't you impressed that I even knew the tiger's name, Andrew? After all this time, if you did not know Tony's name, what colors the bandana he wears? Orange? No, yes it is no, it's not, yes it is no, it isn't. Yes, it is the bandana that says Tony is not orange. Yes it's not. It's not red. It is red.
Speaker 3: No, sometimes it's orange and it's straight because he's a tiger.
Speaker 1: Look it up, Andrew. It would that would that would conflict with his coloring and you wouldn't see it? Oh my god, wait, I thought he was blue for a second. You thought Tony was blue. He's a tiger. Yeah, but that's why I thought the bandana was orange, because I thought that was like a little nod.
Speaker 2: Hmm. So sweet, so nice, you're good.
Speaker 1: What that's a five bowler for me? So far, most frosted flakes that we've come across, they taste the same. If they're they If they're good, they taste the same. If they're great, they taste better.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's fine.
Speaker 1: That was really good things. Four bowls and spoon. I really like it. Foster Flakes always a winter, very sweet, lots of sugar. Good to crash later, hopefully not while I'm driving. That's morbid.
Speaker 2: No good.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 2: You know, Labor Day and all.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I forgot. We're recording this not on Labor Day.
Speaker 2: Things to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should record a bull chat on Labor Day. Okay, I'll be home great, I mean today, I mean later. I mean I'm going to be in Greece. Well I technically I am coming home from Greece right now. Oh, we can do it. Can you do it on the plane?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Of course, people would love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now they'd love to sit next to me arguing with somebody.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, you know what, we will be back right after this and after the frost of flakes we will have beat us. Wow?
Speaker 2: What cool? What happened?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Do you want to eat some more? Sure? What's going on in your world? Not much?
Speaker 3: Every Yeah, and you notice, and you're listening to this now, you'll see that we're now a part of the Elvis Durand podcast network.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's right. You know what I meant to tell you. So if you go to Elvis Durant's show on Instagram, there's a little tab the podcasts. We're not on there. Okay, I'll make trabby please, thanks for sure? For sure?
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm going to Grease for a wedding or I've been to Grease now for the wedding.
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 1: It was so good? Do you have lots of olive leaves? I don't like those? What's all up in there? I do? You're greasy with oil all over them. It's just not for me. That's not my favorite. I like spicy feta, though I don't. I don't care for anything olive related or crumbled cheese. Oh my god, Feta is the best cheese. We've talked about this. Yes, according to Oh my God, and the other one, halloomy, halloomy is the best cheese.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's Bucky.
Speaker 3: How does that even correspond to anything I said?
Speaker 1: I know, I just noticed it in the camera. If you're watching on YouTube, I'm wearing theTimes. I'm genuinely convinced you were an only child. No, I had a brother, have a brother. Yeah, I meant as a child though I was young, I was the younger brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely have younger sibling energy like I definitely do sometimes too, where it's just like, hey, how could I refocus this on me? Bucky? Did your swarm me tell you that I have a young energy. I don't know. The guy with the thing, what are you saying? The bald guy in the robe, you're swammy something? What bald guy in a robe? Are you good?
Speaker 2: The energy?
Speaker 1: I oh, I feel your energy? That that guy what? I don't know? You go to some you go to some guy that tells your fortune about your life.
Speaker 3: I know you're fifty now, so now I can make all the jokes I did six years ago when I was calling you fifty huh are you on prevaging?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I should be.
Speaker 1: I need I need the jellyfish desperately. Yeah, like last week when I was in Florida, I went to the beach and I ate jellyfish. I really need them. You ate them from my brain. So thank you, Matt Nelson. This is some love crunch from Nature's Path organic. It's granola and it is dark chocolate and peanut butter. Cool.
Speaker 3: Looks delicious, So like, how much longer till we do this from the nursing home?
Speaker 1: Do they have Wi Fi? Yeah? Okay, I mean sure, I'm sure it's just gonna be you screaming with a bunch of old people in the back. I can't print. How do I convert? Turn this pdf? Here you go, Andrew, I'm trying to read my newspaper. There's full peanuts in here. I hope you're not allergic. No, hmmm, oh that's great. There's granola clusters. I think I'm getting full on peanut butter. There's the peanuts. This is a wonderful cereal granola thing.
Speaker 2: It's good. Wow, that is tasty? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like that?
Speaker 2: Five balls?
Speaker 1: Okay, not that good for me, but I love that you can like feel the peanut butter in it. I'm gonna give this four poles. There's a really nice cereal or sorry granola. It's just great. And there's big clusters the peanuts, like the full peanuts.
Speaker 2: You don't like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I would, but I do. And I like the creamy peanut butter taste wow, and the full the little chocolate niblets. I didn't get any though I saw them go in your cup. I didn't get one. Well, maybe if you shook the bag right, you didn't shake it.
Speaker 2: Oh? Is that how it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, same way. I didn't shake the vector, right.
Speaker 1: You didn't shake the The Love Crunch, I like it so much, The Love Crunch, pretty organic rolla, the Love Crush. You don't even know what show that was? Love Bolt.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're playing, Yeah, that was Fantasy and the Fantasy Island. They're playing the plane. Yeah, Tattoo all the things she said, No his name was Tattoo. Oh, let's just keep making references to things that aren't right. Okay, So I guess that's it. Yeah, I'm so glad you came in today. Well, I may have been trying to get a record week. I'm all about the fans, you're all about the work. I have so much to do. Okay, you guys, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on Instagram at serial Killers PC. Lots of great new stuff coming on the way. The Fall cereals are coming Fall Halloween Stop ALLOWEENA. I haven't seen the monsters yet, but I know they're out there.
Speaker 2: Oo spooky what monsters?
Speaker 3: The monster Cereals, the Frankenberry, the Boo Bash, the Count Chocula.
Speaker 1: Bless you know them? And who made them this year? The Faces the Muppets. Yeah yeah, Jim Henson, very good. Nice, nice one. Nice try. You can't pull the wool over these pearly eyes. No, there's teeth. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Uh yeah, well well you can watch this on YouTube. Yeah, go to YouTube. There is a serial Killers channel. Is that what it's called? The channel? Yes, so subscribe to it. Yeah, and we will see you next week with episode number four hundred. Yeah, we're gonna make it special with all kinds of things. Can you get confetti cannons? No, we did that that one time, made a big mess. Yeah, they got mad at us, but there'll be all kinds of fanfare, and I'll do my you know what, maybe you know what we're gonna do for four hundred, we do three brand new cereals. That'll that's three new ones, three newbies.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: So we'll see you next week. Until then, say crunch, Andrew Crunch. Okay, well, I guess that's it for now