Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Caddy arm Strong and and he Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Brad Studio See see Senior A dimly lit room deep with from the fowls of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound to kick off a brand new week, and today we're under the tutelage of our general manager, Voladimir z A Lensco.
Speaker 1: No, what happened? Good lord? The spicy Times gets spicier? How y'all doing new week, new month? Oh my gosh, pregnant with possibility. It's very exciting. I'm a little hungover from a big Oscar party. What a wing ding that was? Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, I had like four different costumes at ordering the night, so that was a little stressful and I probably drank too much Shardenay and got out a hand. Oscar parties used to be a thing. I doubt they are for very many people anymore. Seems so incredibly lame. I would like to see a documentary studying people who still have Oscar parties. Right And by the way, I was lifestyles, I believe I was actually thinking. Since we have started on a number of new stations recently that are new to our product and everything like that brief.
Speaker 1: Description of what we are.
Speaker 2: We are a dramedy about sex workers, if that helps exactly explain. One of the most interesting things that's ever happened happened like five minutes before our show ended on Friday, So that was unfortunate that it couldn't have happened like an hour earlier or something like that, so we wouldn't miss it for two and a half days. And of course, being whatever that was that occurred in the Oval office, one of the strangest things anybody's ever seen, right, And the more I learned about what went into it in the context, the more interesting it becomes. It interrupts some of the simplistic shouting at each other narratives, but.
Speaker 1: I wish to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: There was a way to have any conversation ever, that wasn't run through the filter of AREU for Trump or against him?
Speaker 1: Which dominates every conversation.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it makes it very difficult to figure out what people think well, and for a significant part of America, and I'm not sure how significant. It's hard to say, because social media is such a it's a distorting lens.
Speaker 1: It is a lens. It shows you something.
Speaker 2: But it it distorts the picture in a way that it's difficult to quantify. But even more than it becoming a just a simple question of whether you like Trump or not, it seems like people who hate Trump, for instance, can argue A and hate B on Monday, and if Trump changes his mind, right, they love B and hate A on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I meant. Sides, that's very difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have mentioned a couple of times. Mark Alpern wrote a paragraph I don't know how many weeks ago it was now where he said, the all the talk in Washington, d C. Is this grand deal that they're trying to put together that includes China, Russia, Greenland, Thailand, Ukraine, everything coming together in one grand bargain. Aprin said, it's all the talk in DC. You can't go anywhere with any audio may talk about whish. I find interesting given the fact that it hasn't really surfaced anywhere except for today in the Wall Street Journal, the editorial board has Trump's old World Order? Does he want deals with Russia and China to carve up the planet. He should tell Americans with the idea that if this is part of a grand strategy, maybe we should all be have an idea of what's being discussed. Right, right, It's not the sort of thing you spring on the world as a surprise.
Speaker 1: Because maybe.
Speaker 2: How belligerent the Trump administration is toward Ukraine would make more sense if you were seeing it as part of a deal that includes Taiwan, Greenland, China and a whole bunch of other things. Correct, correct, Well, here's an indication of whether that might hold water. The Russian Vladimir Putin's spokesholes set a couple of really interesting things over the weekend. Interesting, troubling, horrifying, depending on your perspective. Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov said, quote, the new administration is rapidly changing all foreign policy configurations. This largely coincides with our vision. Coincides, I'm sorry. So that's interesting to have the Kremlin spokesperson say that the Trump policies coincide with our vision, which is crazy. But the other thing they said to your point is, and this is Russian State TV, now everything is being decided inside a big triangle Russia, China, in the US. Within this the new construction of the world will come to fruition. The EU is a united political force no longer exists. So they're talking about the big three way divide up of the globe into spheres of influence. Wow, when do we all get to find out about this? When are people going to tell us how this is going, what this is going to be, and then what's the reaction to it as it is either announced or just becomes more clear bit by bit right.
Speaker 1: Having read.
Speaker 2: Fairly famous book Paris nineteen nineteen from the end of World War One, when the major powers, many of the same powers got together and carved up the world, which has caused many problems.
Speaker 1: That wasn't really discussed with the world either.
Speaker 2: A bunch of important diplomats got together in a room and carved up the world and came out and said, Okay, here's the way it's going to be for the next.
Speaker 1: Century and a half. Here's your new borders.
Speaker 2: Enjoy them, Enjoy them. And so maybe that's what's going to happen here.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean this, I realize this all sounds very.
Speaker 2: Lofty or or like it's from Marvel Universe or something like that. I got to talk about I went to the new Captain America. Boy's that a suck fest? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, God was honorable? Wow? Some Captain America great again? Yeah, yeah, we'll make Marvel grade again.
Speaker 2: Just to know they've got they've gone off the rails, as many people have pointed out.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I say, oh, just like some there's.
Speaker 2: Some overarching sort of players involved in the structuring the world that the rest of the people don't know. I feel like that's is that what's going on now? I don't know, but but my point being, maybe what the the thing with uh, the way Trump's handling Putin and everything like that makes sense in that structure.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess we'll find out someday. And again, what's.
Speaker 2: The reaction to that going to be among congressional leaders, your your cabinet people, your Marco's Rubio for instance, Because I remember from the first Trump term and this one's different. Obviously, it's been much discussed that he's figured out who he really wants around him, as opposed to just take the other people's recommendation for what you know, wise and old Washington hand he should hire now it's his people. But I remember that folks were with him, and they were kind of with him, and then he fired him because obviously behind the scenes they were telling him, look, this can't happen.
Speaker 1: The list is long, John Bolton and go from there.
Speaker 2: I just wonder how long a Marco Rubio, for instance, will hang with this new vision.
Speaker 1: How one he likes it, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He sure seemed all in yesterday on whichever talk show I saw him on.
Speaker 1: He seemed all in.
Speaker 2: He mean, he seemed as a forceful a mouthpiece for Trump and Vance's view as you could possibly get. Now, his old National Security advisor H. R. McMaster, who he did get rid of in the way that you just described, was on one of the talk shows yesterday, and he's not digging what's going on at all.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: So it was a real there's no way that was a good thing that happened on Friday. Isn't And it wouldn't that had been great to avoid that by everyone unless you are in favor of the brave new tripolar world order, divide up the globe Thingyn's great?
Speaker 1: Even then wouldn't you rather do that behind closed doors? Uh?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe the A certain chunk of the Magna crowd seems very excited now that we can all gang up on Zelensky and call him all the bad things that some people were two weeks ago. Some of the same people who are now jumping on that bandwagon were saying the opposite two weeks ago, which is curious. And Rubio again, who went from looking like he was going to vomit Friday to being more gung ho than anybody on Sunday.
Speaker 1: It's kind of interesting. But yeah, well maybe he I thought he.
Speaker 2: I was reading Rubio through my lens of the way I saw the thing at least on Friday, and I thought Marco Rubio sinking there in the couch, he was fairly well portrayed by Saturday Night Live. I thought it was because he was upset, disappointed, horrified by the way Trump Advance were acting. Turns out, at least way he's portraying it yesterday, he was horrified by the way Zelensky was acting, right, and just like, dude, what are you doing? You're blowing up this whole thing. Oh my god, is the way Marco was thinking sitting there on the couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that rings true.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if you didn't get some of the contexts, if you just jumped in. At the point that it went sideways, it looked like Trump and Vance had lost their minds and were just being horrific bullies. And there are some aspects of what they said and the way they said it that seemed very.
Speaker 1: Like schoolyard bully to me, honestly.
Speaker 2: But I was reminded of of the incident in when was it twenty eleven something like that, when Net and Yahoo came to the White House and lectured Obama. I hated that, right, even though we asked that Obama. But yeah, I'm a Net Yahoo fan and didn't really like Barack Obama. I did not like a foreign leader coming and election. The president sitting there in front of the fireplace hated that well, right, as did Obama as people, and they just beat the crap out of Net Yahoo behind it mostly behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: This time is in front of the scenes.
Speaker 2: And as Trump himself famously said, well, let's make for good TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say that it is true. We should start the show officially.
Speaker 2: We got plenty of time to talk about a whole bunch of stuff that's going on in the world. I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty on this. Oh, it's a brand new month. We got a new month going on March the third, the year twenty twenty five. We are armstrong e gedy, and we approved this program. Okay, let's begin that official according the FCC rules regulations.
Speaker 1: Here we go at mark. Before we go any.
Speaker 3: Further, I want you to know we did not use AI to make this show. No AI, Yeah, no AI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would never do that. We use child labor. Hey, there's still people.
Speaker 3: Of course, we lost a little billy, but that's sad anyway, WHOA.
Speaker 2: I thought Conan was very charming in a unwinnable situation of a four hour telecast for something nobody cares about anymore. The Oscars. I forgot it was on. I watched a fair amount of it just because I saw. You know, I was hoping for my movie, the one movie I saw it to do well, and it did not. I saw the Bob Dylan movie, and then they ended up going to the sex Worker movie, which I did not take my kids do. And I only go to movies I can take.
Speaker 1: My kids do.
Speaker 2: Should have Bob Dylan, Mary a Russian oligarch apparently from that normal something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I just.
Speaker 2: Feed out the other movies I'd never heard of. To win sounds great. I'll bet I'd like it. Made it for six million dollars. I love that. I think that's really cool. Anyway, Uh so we got Katie's headlines on the way. We got to get to some more of the analysis of what's going on in the world, because it's it's complicated, man, And we got mail bag this hour and all kinds of good stuff.
Speaker 1: Hope you can stay here.
Speaker 2: There's no reason to complain about the oscars because you didn't watch them or probably even know they were on. And America has long since decided they don't care about this, so there's no reason to continue shoveling dirt on that. Sure, but I watching some of it last night, I continue to marvel at how important they think their craft is. They think they're curing cancer by making these movies every year, the way they talk about them constantly.
Speaker 1: The hottery film plays in American society, it doesn't. It just doesn't.
Speaker 2: No one. We're done with work and we're tired. Sometimes we watch something to entertain ourselves and then we forget about it after it happened. Some of them you're really liking you talk about now and then, but they don't change the world.
Speaker 1: Get over yourself. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's fine way to make a living. Go about it quietly, which in plays. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what.
Speaker 1: It's the lead story with Katie Green Katie, thank you, guys.
Speaker 4: Starting with ABC News, Zelenski thanks United States for support after a week of tough to play lee and urges real peace.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to get sidetrack. We're going to be talking about this a lot, so I'll hold my tongue now.
Speaker 4: From Breitbart dot com, Van's family moved to quote undisclosed location after pro Ukrainian protesters disrupt his ski trip.
Speaker 1: Oh I got hate to have your ski trip disrupted.
Speaker 4: From NPR, Israel stops the delivery of aid to Gaza until Hamas accepts us ceasefire extension.
Speaker 2: My only comment on on that is I was listening to NPR this morning to punish myself for the bad things I've done, and they had quite the report on this, and the one thing that struck me was they never even suggest that Hamas or the quote unquote Palestinian people have any agency whatsoever. Their entire existence is the cruel and or merciful things Israel does to them or for them. Their actions choices are never discussed as if they're part of the.
Speaker 1: Formula of this. It's interesting the lefty point of view on that.
Speaker 4: From the New York Times, Trump turns up trade pressure on China in response to inaction on fentanyl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again that might fit into the whole carving up the world fanging We're gonna get rush on our side to counterbalance China and whatever I'm reading about the Wall Street.
Speaker 4: Journal from NBC, the Pentagon to send nearly three thousand additional active duty troops to the US Mexico border.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: From CNN, Adam Sandler's trademark casual wear mocked.
Speaker 1: By Oscars host Conan O'Brien. That was pretty funny. He went full.
Speaker 4: Fetterman at the Oscars to tell oh, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Only thing I can say positively about the Oscars is that some of the tuxedos are cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are. I mean they go so far.
Speaker 2: I mean some of them are a little over the top, especially for a zoftig middle aged man like myself.
Speaker 1: I couldn't pull off those looks.
Speaker 2: But the whole it's not just black and white. You can go interesting colors of I like that from.
Speaker 4: The New York Post Texas may rename New York strip steak indirect at shot liberal empire state that shouldn't get the credit.
Speaker 1: They're going to rename it the Texas strip steak.
Speaker 2: Okay instead of the New York strip, kind of like the Gulf of America of steaks exactly.
Speaker 4: And finally from the Babylon Bee, insult to injury. Trump changes Netflix password and now Zelensky has to get his own account never ends.
Speaker 2: Ah, the lighter side, Oh my god, No, getting the lighter side of.
Speaker 1: A horrible, horrible war, I mean, just brutal. Yeah, is ish, He's just right.
Speaker 2: My favorite analysis I read let me try that again. My favorite analysis I read of this whole thing from a great opinion writer at some point this hour, and I thought, put it in pretty good perspective. And we got a bunch of other stuff. Joe's got mailbag. Mail Bag is very interesting and revealing.
Speaker 1: Oh cool. I will just say that.
Speaker 2: I can't wait if you miss a segment to get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty. I think The.
Speaker 5: Last line in the President's truth social post is the one to focus in on, and that is will be ready to re engage when they're ready to make peace, which is clearly what the president's goal is here. He's trying to get Russia to the table to see there's a way to bring about an end to this conflict. That's his goal, that's his only goal, and you know, hopefully we'll get to a point where that's possible.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny that clip from Marco Rubio from yesterday. I felt like, after watching that whole thing on Friday, I finally understood Trump's position, but I hadn't understood it before, and I'm not sure is Zelensky had understood it before.
Speaker 1: What Trump's trying to say.
Speaker 2: Is, look, we're there to help you if you want to end the war, but we're not interested in you continuing fighting the war. So you can't just like continue to fight the war once we commit to helping you, right, And I don't think that was presented in a way that President Zlynsky understood or something at some point prior to that. There were a number of aspects of that that that bothered me, including I think maybe some of the subtleties of language that were lost, which turn appreciate it. I can't imagine. Oh man, I made Bernie Sanders sound like Pavaratti. Oh my god, one of the Flemish masters there.
Speaker 1: That was rough. I'm getting over whatever I had last week.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, you're in the clearing out the system phase.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: At about sixty percent I think, But I lived my life at about seventy two percent, So right, you know I'm close to normal.
Speaker 1: Got it? Just for inflation or something like that. What was I gonna say? Oh yeah, I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't speak a second language at all, but I can't imagine if I did, getting into a heated argument in somebody else's language and trying to keep up and not doing great harm by not exactly the right words and not exactly the right tone because you don't speak the language right, and particularly if people are throwing around what are known as idiomatic phrases, meaning slang and expressions. We all understand the literal meaning of as native English speakers, but somebody learning the language it would be completely lost on them. You have no cards. I'm not playing cards? Is a perfectly reasonable thing to say. If you don't understand that, that means in a negotiation you have few leverages, a few levers to use.
Speaker 1: Well, when he said what do you mean by diplomacy? JD?
Speaker 2: Which seemed to really set JD. Vance off, that's when things went really crazy. He might have said that completely differently or different tone if he was speaking his own language. I mean, you don't know anyway, I thought. One of the most interesting things I came across over the weekend was Ross Douthought's opinion piece in The Wall and the New York Times rather now his co conservative using my finger quotes in the New York Times, they you know, they're they're conservatives are not exactly.
Speaker 1: The same as you get everywhere else.
Speaker 2: But Brett Stevens was His piece was just absolutely this was a disaster. Trump is a villain, et cetera, et cetera. Ross Duthought wrote this piece, Trump and Vance are stripping away foreign policy illusions, and I thought this was really interesting, and we talked.
Speaker 1: A little bit about this last week. Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Henry Kissinger remarked in twenty eighteen, maybe one of those figures in history who appears from time to time to mark the end of an era and force it to give up its old pretenses.
Speaker 1: Which I know that i'd ever heard that quote.
Speaker 2: That general first term comment might as well be marching orders for Trump's second term foreign policy, from policy and speeches to Friday's blow up in the Oval Office. The president of Ukraine, everything Trump is doing and saying, and everything is Vice President is saying and doing is ruthlessly stripping away pretenses in the United States, around the United States, and around the world.
Speaker 1: And he gives some examples. Here you go, a pretense.
Speaker 2: The United States is capable of playing the hegemonic role that played twenty years ago, fully supporting democratic allies in every region, standing ready to fight wars across multiple theaters, refusing any compromise with authoritarianism.
Speaker 1: The reality America is overstretched.
Speaker 2: A more multipolar world requires making deals with unpleasant regimes, and we need to recalibrate and retrench in ways that will require much more of our.
Speaker 1: Allies come in on that.
Speaker 2: Well, Yeah, I had just read somewhere else, and I was trying to find the citation that Ross is somebody high in the administration's foreign policy whisperer, and he's very big on what he just suggested Trump is doing. He is cheerleading in that piece, even as he described well, which fit, which fits in the thing we were talking about earlier, about this grand bargain that might be working behind the scenes with China, Taiwan, Greenland, rushie, all the different things at one piece. Here's another pretense, a pretense our European allies are strong nations and equal partners and protecting the security of the world. The reality Europe has been badly misgoverned. Its economic position is perilous, its demographic situation is miserable, in its military capacities of atrophied, and most of the chest thumping about a revival of European power is empty talk and fantasy politics.
Speaker 1: That is correct. Definitely, definitely think that's true.
Speaker 2: You know, even the Rumsfeld way back in the day was hinting toward that with his old europe talk.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not what it used to be, all right.
Speaker 2: I've been fairly staunchly in favor of helping Ukraine defeat Russia, not the idiotic half measures of the Biden administration. You know, I'm on the records having said that, but I was reading it might have been a journal I can't remember Europe to forge new piece plan, it's going to be lean much more heavily on European power and prestige and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: And I read that and it just it struck me as pathetic.
Speaker 2: I mean, just just sad because they don't have the capacity to influence events practically at all. Well that's that's an overstatement, but they don't have much capacity to do that. It was just it was exactly what ross do thought, was just talking about faded powers still shining up their metals and putting on their moth edn you know, uniforms of significance. And by the way, this end of an era and doing away with old pretenses. I've had to do it in my own life a few times. It's not a pleasant experience. It's not without its bumps. Whenever you owed, indeed, whenever you have to do that well. And I'm presuming that the people in your personal life that you're describing were not armed to the teeth with advanced weaponry.
Speaker 1: Right, another pretense.
Speaker 2: With enough military aid and moral support, the Ukrainians can roll back the Russians, secure their pre war borders, and eventually join NATO.
Speaker 1: The reality the war is stalemated.
Speaker 2: There's no path to the Ukrainian victory short of a direct American intervention, which ain't gonna happen. Some kind of negotiated settlement is inevitable. NATO membership was never in the cards, and there's value in speaking more openly about uncomfortable realities. People need to know that the world is not what it was in two thousand or even in twenty twelve. They need to understand that the kind of issues that Jade Vance raised in its controversial speech in Europe about free speech and how they need to step up to the place and their.
Speaker 1: Native support and all that sort of stuff is real.
Speaker 2: And people need to understand that the armiscist that the Trump administration seems to want to negotiate with Russia may not look all that different from the endgame that would have developed on a democratic president. It would just taken longer. And I think that's almost certainly true. Yeah, more death and destruction.
Speaker 1: I see, I can't.
Speaker 2: I have trouble not getting backtracked to the conversation. I don't like the way JD and Trump presented a lot of this stuff to you. I think they put Zelensky in an impossible position. How could you sit there and get lectured about your own people dying?
Speaker 1: I would I might have thrown punches.
Speaker 2: I found that aspect of it sickening, literally sickening. Yes, you don't understand. I don't understand. I don't understand what's going on here. You have many funerals.
Speaker 1: I've been to you. Any mangled children I've seen being yelled at? Your people are dying? Yeah, I know, I'm where of that. Yeah, there's you know.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I am so annoyed, exhausted by the whole. Trump's one hundred percent right all the time in a saint or He's the new hitler and a villain. And even if he advocates something as clearly good as opening the schools, I'm against it. And if he says the bat virus came out of Wuhan, I'm going to stand up for Chinese communists. I mean, whether trump ophelia or Trumpophobia are both just so.
Speaker 1: Dumb wears me out.
Speaker 2: So it is Rossterusat's a column there in the main on the button. Is he just you know, is he describing reality? And we need to adjust to it and realize the old world is moving away, blah blah blah. Okay, all right, super, but does that mean that that meeting was not ugly and unnecessarily just bullying and nasty and a bad look. I will close with this couple of paragraphs about that, right after we tell you about Simply Safe and why you should get this at home. I know it makes me so much more comfortable when I drive away from my house when we left the house the other night to go to see that awful off of Captain American movie, I know that my house is protected by Simply Safe and the cameras and all the stuff there in the sensors and the live guard protection where you actually got people and AI involved in catching people before they break into your home. Yeah, that's right. The active guard outdoor protection is amazing. If somebody's lurking around or acting suspicially as suspiciously, the agents see and talk to them in real time. They can activate spotlights, even contact the police, all before they have a chance to get inside your home. No long term contracts, cancelations, because simply Safe earns your business every single day, and these crazy advanced monitoring plans start affordably at around a buck a day visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Claim fifty percent off your new system with the professional monitoring plan in your first month. Free that simplysafe dot com sah armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. So I'll try to wrap this up fast because I want to get to mail bag and hear what people had to say about all the stuff that happened over the weekend. But so after Ross Duthought just said, you know, Trump's just ushering in reality, which I think he agrees with. I agree with their here's a little he could have handled it better. Pretense in foreign policy is not always the same thing as self deception. It's also just a form of being polite, of circling uncomfortable subjects and making countries that are in your debt or whom you need to strong arm feel like they're friends and not just subjects. It's a way to give foreign leaders space to do what you want them to do while they are also handled their own domestic audiences, making sure that you aren't accidentally empowering parties hostile to your policies. Most of the foreign policy team around Trump, so far as I can tell, imagines itself, doing what realist Republican presidents like Dwight Eisenhower and Richard Nixon have done in the past, matching means and ends, accepting lesser evils to avoid greater ones, and delivering necessary shock therapy for a system of alliances that needs it. But those realist presidents were also extremely fluent in the language of diplomacy. They could wax idealistic when the situation called for it, speak smoothly even when they are acting ruthlessly, and settle allies down as well as trigger them. Trump does not speak diplomatically and never will. But his first term foreign policy succeeded with the president playing the heavy while his appointees offered normalcy.
Speaker 1: His second term to date needs more of that balance.
Speaker 2: Someone to twist arms and someone to smooth feathers, someone to speak frankly, and someone to keep the frankest truth telling off camera.
Speaker 1: I would say that is true.
Speaker 2: He did have some well of those kind of diplomats that can kind of massage things along with his blunt talk.
Speaker 1: There was no massaging anything on Friday.
Speaker 2: Because in international relations, in the life of a nation, the deal today is important, but how people feel of and what happens the next time, and the next time and the next time really matters. You can't, you know, stick a knife in somebody's hand and make them sign a document and say, there we go. It's all settled down because you're gonna need them or want them or something down the road. Yeah, if you've ever have been a boss or in a situation like that, walking people toward the decision you want them to make is much better than just forcing someone to do it, or as a parent or a spouse. Yeah, perfect example. Yeah, anyway, we got to get the mailbag that's coming up. You can always comment anytime you want text line four one, two nine five KFTC. Why is it considered a scandal if you look disappointed if you didn't win.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the normal? Shouldn't you be hoping you won and be disappointed if you didn't win. Oh No, you've got to be gracious and happy for the people. I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: One more reason I hate Hollywood, well pointed out, here's your freedom loving quota today, beginning a series from Teddy Roselt. Oh yeah, no, nation deserves to exist if it permits itself to lose.
Speaker 1: The stern and virile virtues, and this.
Speaker 2: Without regard to whether the loss is due to the growth of a heartless and self absorbing commercialism, to prolonged indulgence in luxury and soft, effortless ease, or to the deification of a warped and twisted sentimentality. In other words, if a nation stops being a hard ass, it will crumble.
Speaker 1: If you lose the manly.
Speaker 2: Virtues and womanly of a nation, it does not deserve to exist. Speak softly, carry a big stick, center mailbag.
Speaker 1: Drops no mail bag at armstrong and geddy dot com. I have not.
Speaker 2: Stacked these emails in any particular order. They are all about the explosive White House meeting on Friday, and it's not enough data to really form an idea of what you good folks think. But I thought it was interesting the variety of perspectives. Having said that, Jay and San Jose, California, well, it's clear Zlinsky is not a seasoned diplomat. The main issue is US security guarantees. He's been willing to trade mineral wealth for reconstruction continued arming of his military and security. Was a mistake for him to bring up US security guarantees in that setting.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The New York Post says that the Democrats, some Democrats put.
Speaker 1: Him up to that. You know, you need to challenge him.
Speaker 2: Don't let them get away with not giving the security guarantees. And man, they let him down a bad road. If that's what happened, Yeah, we'll dig into that later. Jim says, I officially regret my vote. That was a calculated and premeditated ambush of Zelensky. It was hard to watch, it was painful to watch. It was sad to watch. I officially regret my vote because of it. Donald Trump is as mentally unfit for office as Joe Biden, but in a different way. And he says, we're Americans. We support freedom more than anything else. That's who we are and that's what makes our country so great. Then he goes into some of the horrors of the Ukrainian War, Ukrainian men captured or systematically tortured, forced to fight against their own countrymen, zero chances survival, thousands of children ripped away from their families, now being institutionalized in Russia.
Speaker 1: Goes on and on.
Speaker 2: Man when Trump said to Zelensky, look at the hatred he has for putin.
Speaker 1: How can we possibly make a deal with the guy has this kind of hatred for Putin? How would you not have hatred for Putin?
Speaker 2: I know that's utterly insane to say that, and yet on a lot of you know, the other aspects of this they've talked about, like Marco Rubio and Ross Duthat's column. Just now, Yeah, you're right. Anyway, moving along, Oh, let's see uh B Rights guy's Friday's meeting in the White House brings to mind the old adage big men are hard on themselves, small men are hard on others. Okay, let's see John Wrights. I voted for Trump. I don't regret it and still support a lot of what he wants to do. But watching a man who actively avoided the military and a sidekick who had a non combat political resume building role in the military both attacking demean a president fighting for a goddamn life of his country and democracy was disgusting.
Speaker 1: It appeared to me that JD.
Speaker 2: Vance forced a shouting match so that we could score bounty brownie points with Trump. I don't get that role at all. That's surprising to me. I'm surprised Trump's cool JD.
Speaker 1: Vance like.
Speaker 2: Taking a role in how far things are going to go new I'll decide how far we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: You just sit there and watch. You're the vice president.
Speaker 2: If we're gonna brow be to foreign leader on camera, that's going to be me doing it and figuring out how fight it's gonna go. Yeah, I would agree. At the same time, though, as we said earlier, the idea of a foreign leader coming and lecturing our president on camera is highly improper, highly so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of good and bad, you know, admirable and not admirable on all sides. Yeah, there's a great piece in the National Review about how Ozelensky should have handled this and how he screwed up, and we'll get to that later. Yeah, let's see how about this, Jim says, I've been with Ukraine from day one, hate the Russians in the invasion, but there's been no movement of the lines in the war for over a year. Trump's main point is that time is now being wasted by Ukraine hoping some grand breakthrough will occur.
Speaker 1: It will not.
Speaker 2: Also, Ukraine has a weight on us around our neck, and instead we could get dragged into something. I am all for the real politic of beating Putin, but Trump has his eye on a bigger picture. Yes, Putin's a war criminal, but it's all under the bridge at this point. In other words, let's stop screwing around and get to peace so people stop dying.
Speaker 1: I get that you got a massage that.
Speaker 2: Though I would agree, you know, there are plenty of examples in history of the right thing being done in the wrong way that happens. That whole thing of Zelensky wanting to continue to fight reminds me of a line from Gladiator when they about to destroy yet another tribe that they want to take their land, and friend of Russell Crow says, why don't people understand when they're defeated? And Russell Crow says to him, would you would? I? Yeah, It's easier said than done.
Speaker 1: Right. We got a lot more on this, and we'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: We're getting some interesting texts for one, five, two, nine, five KFTC. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty