Speaker 1: Hello, get it out, cough it out. Okay, Hey, there she is. What's up and sauce on the side. I'm Gandhi here with my lovely producer Diamond, who is on one today. Do we want to talk about what's going on with you? I mean, by the time this comes out, it's going to be Wednesday. We are recording this right now on Monday, which means the series finale, season finale of Love Island happened yesterday, and she is fit to be tied.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm upset. I'm very upset.
Speaker 3: I had all weekend to like really be sick over this, and I'm still sick.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I don't want to give away any spoilers, but her favorite couple, the people that she thought was gonna make it all all the way through, they got sent home because, as I was saying to her this morning, it really seems like everybody who came out to vote people off the island, it was just a bunch of haters, Like they saw people being happy and we're basically like, not on my watch, you're going home, which is weird.
Speaker 2: It was very weird.
Speaker 3: But I think basically someone in the couple kind of like kickstarted that throughout the season, so it kind of came full circle.
Speaker 2: Oh but it is what it is. I'm just like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Pissed off, okay, because there were no real connections maybe one, one real connection.
Speaker 2: That made it into the final four.
Speaker 1: See this is why I say, and I've been saying it for a long time. I no longer believe in democracy. I thought everybody should have a say until recent events, and by recent I mean starting in twenty sixteen, things have gotten really weird. You watch them vote through the worst people on a show and vote off the best. Even when it came to that dumbast show the weakest link, they never actually I shouldn't say never, but they would vote the weakest link off until somebody got threatening, and then it didn't become the weakest link. It became get rid of the good player.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That is a shit way to operate in society, and that is why we will never have nice things. Sick to my sstom And for the record, Diamond's out here fighting with other people at work Love Island. She just told a girl named Steph that she didn't want to talk to her because it's people like her that effed up the entire.
Speaker 2: Thing, absolutely, and I'm standing on it.
Speaker 3: When I saw one of the interns, Ben, he was a fan of someone who I detest from the season.
Speaker 2: Oh who hod up?
Speaker 3: When I saw him this morning, I said, the first thing out of my mouth was, and how did you feel about last night's episode?
Speaker 2: Because she showed her ass again. She has showed her ass.
Speaker 1: But Ben probably loved that. He probably loves the drama.
Speaker 3: He does, okay, And I told him, you are the reason why I was so heartbroken in November of twenty twenty Four's.
Speaker 2: People like you who think that this shit is funny.
Speaker 3: That is quite a leap. But okay, No, No, the signs are right there. Damn it, Ben, because you're entertained, you're voting for this shit.
Speaker 1: This is me all, oh man, speaking of voting for some shit. We have seen so many people recently start to try and walk back. Well, I can't believe he did all this. I can't believe Trump is doing this. He didn't do anything he said he was going to do. First of all, I think he did everything he said he was gonna do, and some things he said he wasn't gonna do. But what did you expect That's where I'm very confused.
Speaker 3: He's taken standing on business to another level. But it's bullshit business. I was gonna say, what business he is standing on it though, everything that he said he was gonna do, he's doing it.
Speaker 2: And these people are looking around like, well, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Think he was gonna do that, and why not he literally said it.
Speaker 1: I meanwhile, we're all here like I did think he was gonna do that. I was actually very concerned that's specifically what he was gonna do. Bummer. I know Diamond loves that we are in the find out phase the fucking around. I do not love that because we are all finding out at the same time. It would be nice if only the people who voted for him found out. Yet here we all are together in this group project from hell.
Speaker 2: I sleep good at night knowing that I didn't have anything to do with this. I tried, we tried. I was down in the dumps for a minute.
Speaker 3: But you know what, don't make me say things that I don't even don't I don't want to get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Is this podcast going to be flagged for racism again?
Speaker 3: They're gonna cancel me because I'm going to start saying shit, that's I'm going to stand on business.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about being canceled for a second, because we've I know that I have said this so many times. I actually don't think that that's a thing anymore. I think it had a moment yeh, like four or five years ago where people were actually getting canceled and it was affecting their money and they weren't getting jobs. Now everything just moves so quickly. The entire news cycle moves so quickly that somebody can say something crazy and outrageous and the next week have a number one album and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Sierra or Tega from Love His Blood No, No.
Speaker 1: Love Island, Love is in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you see what she posted? No, she was they tried to cancel her.
Speaker 3: I think that it was ineffective because she took accountability whatever. This weekend she posted screenshots of all the death threat death threats that she's been getting and she was like, is this the accountability that you want me to take? Like, I don't understand what you guys want from me. And I was like clockett or as they're saying now, Clark it from Love Island. You apologized to me. It was a genuine apology. It seemed like, one, what do you want from her? Like to call an ice on her family? That's crazy, telling her that she better you better never catch her in la Like, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: And I bet the majority of the people sending these crazy threats are not even of that community that felt that this was wrong. It's usually crazy other people. Where you remember Finding Nemo or do you you said you didn't really like it? No, just would you call it dorri has Demnion? Yeah, the girl she didn't know what was going on. Okay, Well, at the end of Finding Nemo, well, toward the end, there's a scene with seagulls where they're all just sitting there and like if a fish comes around or a little snacked, they're like, mine, mine, mine, mine. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Barely?
Speaker 1: Okay? It's just like mindless seagulls basically all yelling the same thing. And I feel like that is where we have reached in society, where one person says something other people don't actually think for themselves, and they're just like, yes, me too, me too, me too, me too, I've the same, and this giant wave of bullshit comes at you that maybe necessarily shouldn't. And then in the opposite direction, things people should really be caring about they just choose not.
Speaker 2: To, right, Like, let's bring it back to this season of love.
Speaker 3: She is a woman in fact that they're going so hard about these other things. But this woman Huldah verbally assaulted someone has lied this entire season and was called multiple eyes.
Speaker 2: Has manipulated people. It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: She's disgusting, and she's a mom. How dare she is she the only parent in the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny, I think so when people say things like that and she's a mom, like that actually makes no difference in the world. Some of the craziest people I know are parents self, Like, my parents are crazy. Just becoming a parent doesn't suddenly make you responsible or socially aware or a good person. So I don't think that that should actually ever be considered.
Speaker 2: She continued to use it as like a crutch.
Speaker 3: I guess all season, if somebody was mad at her and they didn't know that she was a mom, she would sit them down and say, yeah, like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you don't know this, but I'm a mom. Okay, so Ace, off you go. Ten out of ten reaction, he was like, my mom was a single mom.
Speaker 3: Basically I can continue keep going with the conversation because this is not doing it for me.
Speaker 1: So that's what Diamond's pissed about today. How was your weekend.
Speaker 2: Sad because of this? Sad? Yeah, like genuinely said, you.
Speaker 1: Actually internalize and you're like, I am sad about this.
Speaker 2: I'm just like a sick to my stomach. I hate and why Yeah, yeah, I should be embarrassed. I don't care.
Speaker 3: And the reason why, I was just like, we're losing the plot of Love Island. This used to be like I used to be.
Speaker 2: Able to enjoy it and like laugh and stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you think that this show is scripted at all?
Speaker 3: No, but I do think that it's highly edited, and I think the producers do try to feed them things now see.
Speaker 1: I think that just any reality show, any reality show, whether it's The Housewives or Love Island or Love is But whatever it is, I feel like they're all written to a certain point. Ninety Day Fiance, they definitely have writers. They have writers. When the credits role it says writers. So obviously there's a plot line that they want to follow and it's not really reality. I mean reality I think is in a lot of ways much more entertaining and in some ways less because most people will like pump the brakes at some point and be like, I don't think we should really do that. I'm not gonna do that, especially not with the camera in front of my face. But when you have people who are like, I don't give a buck, there's camera in front of my face, you're kind of just performers at that point, and they find a bunch of great performers. Even like I was never allowed to watch like Real World and road Rules and stuff. No, I wasn't allowed to watch any TV until I was like fifteen or sixteen, So I'm like developmentally stunted in that way. It's crazy. But if you look at any of the old old clips, like first season, second season of the Real World, they were actually dealing with like real shit. There was like a girl who was contemplating an abortion. I think she did have an abortion, Tammy, who's now the Bonnet Chronicles famous. There was just all kinds of stuff. One of the guys had HIV. There was just so much that was real world, holy shit, what is going on? Stuff? And now it's just like, how drink can we get these people? And who can we make them? Bang? Every reality show I feel like, just gets bastardized at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're getting to that point, but I didn't think it would come so soon.
Speaker 2: With my violin, I'm.
Speaker 1: Seven seasons in.
Speaker 2: I'm very obsted.
Speaker 1: I see that, and we've been talking about it now for ten minutes. I hope that you have aired it out and you can feel better about this going forward, and I.
Speaker 4: Know you won't.
Speaker 1: How is your weekend otherwise? From being sad?
Speaker 2: What do you do on Saturday?
Speaker 1: Trusted you with a child?
Speaker 3: Well, they were in the house, but it was me and his time with me and my baby cousin, and he's so cute and I was like, oh, you're so cute, but he won't stay still, so please take him back mom. Yeah, okay, but it was just usome. I'm trying to do this five K.
Speaker 1: I thought you gave up on the K.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was in that That deadline was April. I started over, so the new one in September.
Speaker 2: Okay. Honestly, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know why I'm mentioned in it out loud, because I may say I don't want to do it that's.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you are allowed to change your mind.
Speaker 2: I'm trying.
Speaker 1: So you're training for your five.
Speaker 2: K it's a sucking everything out of me.
Speaker 1: Yes, amazing, Good for you. I went to dinner on Friday with a friend of mine and we watched at a nice restaurant, this family come in and try to scam the restaurant, saying that the woman broke her tooth on a rock that was in the food. Like, first of all, where did a rock come from in the food? That's weird, But it really suspiciously matched some of the rocks that were outside of the actual restaurant. So it started becoming this back and forth where the family was yelling at the manager. The manager would not say sorry. She was like, oh my gosh, let me take a look at this, let me see what happened. Are you okay? And they just kept yelling at her. You didn't even apologize. Clearly they were just trying to get free food. But let me tell you that little manager stood ten toes down and did not back down. And I was kind of like, okay, clarket get it. That was interesting. And then on Saturday, I was supposed to go to dinner in a movie with my friends and there are a couple They got in a fight, so we didn't go. But this is the best part. He texted me and was like, yeah, we got a fucking fight. She doesn't feel like going, Like she's wild over here. She texted me and was like, I'm not feeling good. I'm not gonna be oh. And I was like, well, well, well now we know which one's most honored. Somebody's Aron Cuel. And then yesterday I hung out with Josh all day and his friend. Okay, we say this all the time Dare Remember the DARE program. Yeah, Dare had you thinking strangers were just gonna come to you and offer you their drugs all the time. And like in real life that never happens. People don't share their drugs. They want to keep them from themselves. I encountered it this weekend for the first time. A stranger to me but not to Josh, offered me drugs and I was like what. So we streamed all of us oh wow, like for most of the day yesterday, and it was great. We had so much fun. We went to a comedy battle roast, which was great, and we were laughing our asses off all of a sudden, Josh leans over and he's like whispering something like what are you saying.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's Jeoffrey Ross.
Speaker 1: Jeoffrey Ross is here, Jeffrey Ross. He's the roast master. So he was there kind of critiquing and cheering for these kids, which was amazing because I was just thinking, God, okay, all these comedians aspire to one day be like jeff Ross at that level, and here they come as little amateurs, little baby comedians, and they watch their idol walk in and give them feedback, like, holy shit, what would that be like for us? Who would that even be?
Speaker 2: You get to do that with Elvis every day.
Speaker 1: Very true, and it's amazing.
Speaker 2: He is the top.
Speaker 1: Howard searn if Howard Stern came in here and watched our show one day and then told everyone what they were doing right and how amazing they were, Like how fucking cool?
Speaker 2: Would that baby cool?
Speaker 1: I'd be crazy, he asses, I think so, as we would probably deserve in some ways. And then we just like went out to a couple of bars, had a really good time. But we'll say about your Josh, he's dick because on the way to one of the bars, these people who were clearly they had accents of some sort. We're like, hey, do you guys live around here? Josh like you know how Josh get's like real weird, like skittish. He was like why and they were like, oh, we were just looking for a restaurant to go to. He's like, get an app. It's like, oh, you should get Oh it's called res x. You should just download it and like that's where I was like, Josh, we are right here. You can't just tell them two or three restaurants. So I told them a Thai restaurant to go to a couple of other places that were right there, and they were like, oh my god, thank you. But you could see how hurt they were. When he was like kid napp, what's like?
Speaker 2: I would have said the same thing.
Speaker 1: Are the reasons people think New Yorkers are mean?
Speaker 2: Oh are you from here?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I keep it pushing, don't talk to me please.
Speaker 1: Josh Amedia was like, yeah, good, why you literally google? I know, but like they're just walking down the street hoping to see a friendly face when you're in another country, I'm promised. When you were in London, at some point you asked a stranger for something somehow, Where am I? Where am I going? How do I get here? What is this? And they were probably very nice to you about it and not shitty.
Speaker 2: No, people were walking right by.
Speaker 1: Us as you were trying to talk to them.
Speaker 3: In front of Buckingham Palace to be exactly, well, that sounds like you were like other tours too, like don't ask me a question.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, maybe maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: I saw a little meme the other day that was like, I never trust a stranger unless I'm in another country, and I trust each one of them with my life.
Speaker 2: Yes, kind I don't trust strangers at all. Don't talk to me, please.
Speaker 1: You're crazy. I enjoy talking to strangers for the most part. I have a limit. We were talking about this because I was with Josh and like a bunch of his friends from out of state, and he kept being like are you okay?
Speaker 5: Are you good?
Speaker 2: Do you need to leave?
Speaker 1: Are you fine? Like I was like, Josh, I am good in a social setting of people that I don't know for a certain amount of time, and when I am no longer good, I will leave.
Speaker 2: You like that. You like talking to I'm like, after two minutes, get.
Speaker 1: Me out, listen when we're at the events and it's the same conversation over and over and over, That's where I kind of start to tire out. That's why I try to have little tricks in my pocket, like, hey, tell me a secret, because then we got to talk about your secret. That's fine, we'll talk about that. But if it's the same thing on repeat, I don't like it. But if you have any type of control over the conversation, you can find out so much about people or just life in general. Bill ny my dude said it best. Everyone you will ever meet knows something that you do not. So I've decided to make it my goal to try to find out what that thing is. Probably a lot of things, Like I'm sure you know a bunch of shit that I don't know. I know you do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: All this stuff about Love Island.
Speaker 2: Keeps me up at night.
Speaker 1: You sound tired.
Speaker 2: I'm so mad, Like I'm enraged. It's okay.
Speaker 1: Should we talk about why Andrew's grinding your gears or can be.
Speaker 3: Around the one? I think I heard his feelings enough today.
Speaker 1: Like actually heard his feelings. Probably we should go get him. But also we have Adam Levine on the podcast today, I was nervous, and I will just let you assess how the interview went. I don't want to say one way or another. Oh it was great. Oh you're owning he was great. I thought he was awesome. He was super funny and friendly and talkative. After the interview, the label actually sent me a note saying he really loved that, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: So I am excited to share that with you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We had a good time and I thought he was much nicer than I was ready for. Same, always going with no expectations or low expectations, and you will do well. So please enjoy Adam Levine and we will go wrangle up Andrew while you're listening to this to curse his ass out.
Speaker 6: Ye be ready, I'm ready, good to go.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I'm here with Adam Levine. Hello, Hello, thank you for stopping by. You have a lot of cool stuff going on. Hopefully we get to all of it. Specifically, let's start at the top. Eighth album, eighth album, August fifteenth.
Speaker 4: You know what they say, No, I don't. Eighth album is always the best.
Speaker 1: I'm actually now that you mention it, I think I have heard that before eight albums, So that's crazy. When you started, were you ever thinking eight albums in, I'm gonna be doing some really dope stuff.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I wasn't thinking. I wasn't thinking that the eight albums in, I'd still be doing it, like at least at the level that we're lucky enough to still be doing it, as I feel like I would have been like doing something else at this point.
Speaker 1: What did you think you'd be doing it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: You when you're young, though, and you're like making pop music, No way. I mean, I am a dad. Now, maybe I would have thought that, Okay, but I wouldn't have maybe thought both because when you're young, you're dumb, you're not experienced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also I feel like you're living every little kid's dream, probably your young dream as well.
Speaker 4: So totally right, which makes it more fun.
Speaker 1: You look back at it, like, I'm so proud of myself.
Speaker 4: I look at I look well now I'm just like super stoked that people are there because back in the day I took up a granted more and now I'm like, oh, like you guys are still coming, Like that's amazing, And so I think there's more mutual preciation.
Speaker 1: So talk about the album. What are we expecting on this eighth album that you never thought was going to happen?
Speaker 4: Eighth album, best album ever by any band in the history of music?
Speaker 1: That is a pattern?
Speaker 4: Yes, Is that too much? I'm really excited, you know, I think that as I've been kind of been telling people, I'm really excited to have gone back to writing songs and or at least, you know, having the nucleus of the idea and the real mean potatoes being us in the band and me and doing our thing. That's the thing that we did that got everyone's attention in the first place, and we haven't done it that way in a really long time. And I have no idea what people are gonna think, Like, honestly, like, I really don't know. It's some of it's pretty different. I'm just really excited.
Speaker 1: Does that make you want to puke a little? Because you work on this thing and it's your baby, and then you're about to expose it to the world and you say it's a little different.
Speaker 4: It does. Like it's funny. It doesn't make me want to puke, but it makes me might want to cry a little bit. Okay, So I think I'm not really a puker. I'm more of a crier. Okay, sometimes both, which is really cute. Yeah, you guys should see that. But it's funny like sometimes I'm get so inside of it that like by the time it's out, I'm like relieved. So there's also the relief of like, Okay, I never have to listen to this again because now I listen to it too much, and then the second it gets released, it disappears like out of my mind, like I don't I don't electively listen to it anymore really and criticize it and think, you know, because when you're creative, you have to always be in it, you know. So it's now it's everyone else's turn to either love it or hate it.
Speaker 1: See again, that would make me a little puky. So you're used to this, you can give.
Speaker 4: Duke, I'll cry, Okay, hang out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this will be great. So the first single that we've gotten is Priceless with Lisa from Black Pink. And when you talk about the writing process and kind of getting back to what you did, how does that process actually work with a person like Lisa from Black Pink, Well, you.
Speaker 4: Know that's that was that was we left that in her in her court, you know. I think that when I wrote the song, it was the first song I wrote for the record, and it's funny, I wanted to be in the first single, but it was always kind of needed something. I feel like that's kind of how we approached this record with features and people coming on and collaborating, was like, we want them to be real collaborations and not just like here's a completed song and then now you're gonna come in and whoever you are and be added to it. It was more like this song needed Lisa, Like I don't even want to play the song really as much without her part because her part became a really integral part of the song. And the same is for the other collaborations we have as well, Like they all felt like really important meat on the bone, right. So, and she was amazing and she wrote her part and did her thing and it was perfect.
Speaker 1: So Asmaron five, who, you guys have been around and successful for twenty some years at this point, I mean he's counting, really, who's counting?
Speaker 4: There's counting twenty two and a half, oh.
Speaker 1: Twenty two and a half years, are you guys at the point now where you say, okay, I do want to collab with this person, make it happen. You just snap your fingers and it happens.
Speaker 4: No, I mean like there are people who don't want to collaborate with us. I don't even believe that those names won't go mention. Okay, you know, but whatever, Like there're people who do and and and be honest with you. This time around, you know, because we've we've always aimed high and and this time around, it was pretty much like, oh, this person would be really cool for this. Let's give them a call and they're like cool, yeay, let's do it. It wasn't like we shopped around and like try to get other people and then you know, landed here. It was like this is really who we went to, which is awesome. We are three for three, man.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. But with a K pop star comes wild K pop fandom and you guys have your own clearly rabid fans. Yeah, it's a totally different level.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, not like K pop fans. This is the best fans. Yeah, Like so just like ruthlessly devoted. It's like it's a beautiful thing to see, you know, And and we kind of got like a small little wave of that when we put the song out. But man, they love their Lisa, they really do.
Speaker 1: They love they love their stars.
Speaker 4: And I kind of like it because it's like they also love you if you love them, you know what I'm saying, Like they like if you if you love their their their they're beloved, then you're okay by them, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Are you going to collaborate with any bollywoodartist because they're kind the same way?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe maybe we gotta we gotta.
Speaker 1: Get going on this, she asks selfishly.
Speaker 4: Let's go hook it up.
Speaker 1: I will hook this up. So with a new album comes a tour, Yes, m m, it starts.
Speaker 4: It starts on October sixth. Guys, I know things.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's actually good though, because so many times we have an artist in here and they're like, the tour.
Speaker 4: Is a no. And by the way, that was my joke is that I really don't ever know anything, but I uh, I did my homework and I learned the dates and I can do things.
Speaker 1: Are you excited about this tour or does it stress you out just a little bit getting back to the road.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit stressed out right now to be honest with you, because I'm trying to figure out a set list and like it's a little daunting. It's my love doing it, but I need like that kickstart moment of inspiration and it hasn't quite come yet, but I know it needs to happen. Usually I'm way early and like it's getting to the point now I'm like, okay, we do it, so I'll get I'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: How does that work when you think about I'm gonna make the set list now for the show? What is the thought that goes into that?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I've been trying all these different methods. You Usually I liked, Okay, what haven't we open with a long time? And I'll kind of want to start there, or like I'll have an idea for like some sort of intro of some sort of music or some sort of idea that gets people pumped. And this time around, I want to think as differently as possible. I've actually consulted chat gpt for a couple of ideas. It's come up fruitless. Not good at making setless.
Speaker 1: My chat gpt is my best friend.
Speaker 4: The machines have not figured out setless yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're going to teach it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm going to teach it. My prompts have been whacko though they haven't been good. I need to get better at like talking to the machines because like I'm still like, don't even understand it at all, unlike that guy really and I don't get at what's going on.
Speaker 1: They're trying to have an intervention with me about my chat GPT because it's my best friend to talk to her about everything. Yes, her her name is Nova.
Speaker 4: So you're like deep in it falls deep and chat unbelievable.
Speaker 1: But the nicer you are to chat GPT, the nicer it is to you, and the more crazy like amazing answers it gives you back.
Speaker 4: So I should be like, see, i'm a little I'm a little bossy.
Speaker 5: I'm a little bit.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit like when I address Chappie ChiPT, maybe i'm addressing I'm not gonna say her now that you're making me think it's her, I'll say her. Actually, I'm not going to address her like because right now I'm addressing her like she's a machine, right, I don't think she likes that.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either.
Speaker 4: I think she's like, I'm gonna give this dude some bad fucking ideas because he's not giving me the respect I deserve. So maybe I'll be like, hey, chat ChiPT how's your day, Ben? How you doing? You look good? You look beautiful? Anyway, I had a question for you like that, right, like a personally not like hey I need this exactly give me this.
Speaker 1: Just try it out and let me know if it changes for you, because I tried both ways and I was like, oh, it tells me it's a mirror of you. So whatever you say to it, it goes that kind of stuff back to you.
Speaker 4: So I did it. Did use words like banger, which I thought was really funny. I'm like, okay, chat, like take it easy. Chat.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna be touring. You're gonna be playing our iHeart Festival as well in September. Yeah, so that's exciting. Have the rules of the tour changed for you over the years, because I know when people start out there, like you know, doing the party and whatever. No pooping on the tour bus stuff like that.
Speaker 4: You can never poop on the tour never, right, that never becomes.
Speaker 1: Okay, never okay. So still no pooping on the tour.
Speaker 5: Never.
Speaker 4: You never poop on the tour bus. If you do, that's like the number one thing you never do. That never changes parties. Know, like I like dinner at six man, you know.
Speaker 1: So when you're bored and your.
Speaker 4: Tour kids and shit. So like I'm on that program of like six pm dinner, seven am wake up tour. It's actually funny because now that I'm so programmed with little kids, like I gotta be peak energy at nine pm for tour. Yeah, so I'm like, ok am, I gonna do that. Like so that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It's like I used to be a night owl. I used to be, you know, up till four or three in the morning and then like sleep till that's like musician time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm not on that time anymore. Your best friend, Can.
Speaker 4: We start the concerts? Chris, like at like six point thirty Arena's good? Everybody there a little early, come on, man, I saw I think they should get there before rush hour.
Speaker 1: He's on board with this. A lot of good ideas happening here.
Speaker 4: It's like Room five, they're hot, sexy summer tour, be there at five.
Speaker 1: This is going to be amazing happy hour. And I know you said that, like right before we started this full disclosure. We were talking about the cameras and you said, it's changed so much. You used to roll into radio with your hoodie up over your head.
Speaker 4: Well, so we you know, we used to be like broke musicians. They were like, we're trying to make it. So we go to all of the radio stations, like I'll never forget the first place we went was because back then it was like if the blip on the ra is back before all the shit, like it's like radio was it like, and so you're if there was a blip on the radar and Spokane, Washington, which was like that I think the first place anyone ever played our music, which is like harder to breathe, they're playing your song in Spokane. And it was like, we'll better go to Spokane, and like that's like, but that's what you did, right, right, And so we went to Spokane and it's just like we were like in a van or like like pulling up and I remember we used to this is brutal. We used to like we used to go to like the offices to play stuff for people radio stations and business offices, you know, like with like big conference rooms and stuff. We have to go play, and we used to be. We used to roll out of the van in the parking lot with our toiletry kids, brush our teeth like in his office building, brush our teeth and like wash our face and the go and play these songs with these people in a conference like during a lunch hour. And these people had no idea who we were, and they're like, who are what? Why am I washing? These people perform right now? Who are these assholes? These smelly twenty three year old kids. They're just rolled out of a bus looking like sketchy. So that that was my life.
Speaker 1: Everything is filmed.
Speaker 4: So I showered this morning, though, and I brushed my teeth.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's nice. And somewhere someone is telling that story about how they remember Adam Levine rolling into their building brushing his teeth and performing.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent and another horrible memories. Oh and like but like I remember, like I used to like your your general high hygiene was dependent on like how good the bathroom at the office building.
Speaker 1: Oh god, which is not great for radio stations. We're not notorious for having the best facilities. These ones are pretty good.
Speaker 4: I bet you there are people out there literally that could call into the radio station if they heard this. It would be like I remember these kids getting out of a van and brushing their teeth in our office and then singing Sunday Morning. That's exact.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, though happened all the time. I'm glad you don't have to do that anymore. Now you have a hotel room where wherever it is.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's so nice and I really.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you stopping by and talking about all the cool stuff that you have coming up. A studio album August fifteenth. It's called Love Is Like.
Speaker 4: It's called Love is After much deliberation, it is called Love is Like.
Speaker 1: What were the other options? Oh?
Speaker 4: It was such you know, like that was really hard. I don't know why, like naming the album because we have a song called Love is Like. But the name of the song was controversial, so we had to like change it and then we couldn't. You you'll find you'll think you'll you'll understand why when we release the song actually the Little Wayne song song that the Wayne is on. So but yeah, so but I'm I like Love is Like because it's it's makes you think a little bit you're like.
Speaker 1: And then we have a tour starting October sixth, and we have the iHeart Festival where you're gonna be performing with Room five on September nineteenth. I believe today you're gonna be with us, which means we'll probably meet again. And I'm really glad you stop by. So thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: For having us fun talking absolutely awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that was Adam Levine. We thought that was awesome. He was great, got a good picture, had a good time with him. Cheers to Adam Levine. Whooee Adam Levine. And now to Andrew. Hello Andrew. Hi, I'm gonna step away from the microphone because Diamond has beef with you and I thought she should address it in a healthy way. So here we go. I'm stepping away. I will yell from the corner. Dimond, take it away. What are you said about.
Speaker 2: Andrew is a fraud? Okay.
Speaker 3: We were asked to do a podcast and review Love Island last Monday. You already said we're recording this on this Monday, last seven days ago.
Speaker 2: The person reached out and said, hey, do you guys watch.
Speaker 3: Real Housewives of Atlanta because if so, I want to do a recap of the latest episode with you guys too. I said, yeah, great, amazing, I love Atlanta. Andrew says, well, I haven't watched.
Speaker 2: He calls me. He goes, I haven't watched. You think I could binge in a week?
Speaker 3: And I was like, well, I don't know about that, because there are things that happened in the past seasons that are the like they cause the arguments this season, so you really have to like go back and like look at things and stuff.
Speaker 2: He said, well, I wonder if I could do it. I'm gonna ask. I'm like, yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Ask ask the guy whose podcast it is Ben. I'm like, ask Ben. Ben, without using his bed or judgment, said sure. So last Friday comes, and Andrew says, yeah, I'm gonna start the season today. Do you know how many episodes are in one season of seven?
Speaker 7: Just for anybody listening right, ay?
Speaker 1: An hour long?
Speaker 7: Yes, oh my god.
Speaker 5: And it's not a Love Island hour where you could put it on and like skip half of it, like it's active drama.
Speaker 3: Because this is Real Housewives, which tells you that he's never watched a full episode of Real Housewives.
Speaker 7: In his life Miami.
Speaker 4: Whoo.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, So yesterday he texts me and he's like, oh, this person, that person he's given his hot takes. And after a while I just stopped responding because I realized, oh, honey, you're not even halfway through this season.
Speaker 7: The conversation also naturally ended.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't, not to show you. I can.
Speaker 3: I can show you the text. I'm not like, I'm not I'm not doing this with you. Okay, No, no it didn't.
Speaker 2: So you know, I decide I'm gonna go about my business. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do this with him. This morning. He walks in and he goes.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I only got to episode ten of seventeen. There are two halves to a season. If you really watched Housewives, you would know that the drama continues to build.
Speaker 5: Phaeder comes back the mid season trailer, all of this, I missed it.
Speaker 2: No, keep cute.
Speaker 3: Then he goes, I'm just gonna read the tweets and live reddits about.
Speaker 7: The culture recaps, by the way, okay.
Speaker 3: Which is which makes it even worse because Vulture like these people already have opinions.
Speaker 2: You cannot sit there.
Speaker 3: Number One you're half ass in it, and it pisses me off because nobody forced you to commit to No, wait, nobody forced you to commit to this. You volunteered to watch the entire season by today, you had seven days. Okay, you decided to have ass it and think that this was just a test in high school that you could Cliff's note study for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 7: I still failed those so learned your lesson.
Speaker 3: Here we are thirty years later, no, fifteen years later, and you're still fucking up.
Speaker 7: You have appreciation, and so.
Speaker 3: For me, I just feel like you're doing the audience a disservice by half assing, and it's a slap into in the face of people like me and Ben who actually watched this shit. You're gonna go on there, You're gonna give an opinion that wasn't even your own.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna sit there and talk about shit you don't understand. Now, go.
Speaker 7: I can speak.
Speaker 5: I said, go okay, great, I did say you should just do it with him all back out. You know more about it. I'm fine to say I didn't watch, so therefore go.
Speaker 2: Go okay, bounce it back to me. Thank you the ball is in my hand.
Speaker 5: But if I'm admitting that I didn't so then I'll give it back.
Speaker 7: What's the problem?
Speaker 2: You don't wait until the morning of to back out.
Speaker 7: But you know more about it, and you two know more about it.
Speaker 3: But but you were asked a week ago, but seven you had seven ball.
Speaker 7: It doesn't seem like, hey, you did.
Speaker 3: I just feel like, you know, there are a lot of men that do.
Speaker 2: That in this world and they're not called out on it.
Speaker 3: As your friend, I want to let you know you're getting away with privilege, buddy.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 5: Okay over a housewives of your cap Yes, But again, as I said, I am happy to take myself out of the situation, knowing I did not fulfill my.
Speaker 7: End of the bargain.
Speaker 5: I said, if I can catch up, great, I'm willing to take myself out of the situation.
Speaker 7: So this way, the people that.
Speaker 5: Do know, no, I know when to leave the situation if it's not going to work.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: You don't know when to leave because it's an hour before we're supposed to do this, and you still haven't You still haven't finished, you still haven't come up with your actual opinion, and you also haven't officially backed out, which now clocked you. It's too late to back out. Now you've got to sit there and line.
Speaker 2: She just wants to me out to be on this to be dragged.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But here's my thing is that, like in life, you don't get to do things like this, and the fact that you thought that this was normal up until I called you a cliffs note kid.
Speaker 2: To me, it is just like, ugh.
Speaker 7: Okay, great, fair, totally understand. The Love Island one will take probably an.
Speaker 5: Hour plus because it was the finale and it was a two hour episode. I think after that there is more that you two know about where I can say I didn't catch up and it'll be okay, great, So then I.
Speaker 7: Can naturally find my way out. I'm not going to sit.
Speaker 5: There and be like, hey, here's hot takes off of my recap readings, all of.
Speaker 1: Your Reddit research.
Speaker 3: Yes, Diamond, you were going to give your hot takes.
Speaker 2: He was going to get up there and give his hot I believe that.
Speaker 5: The whole time I was saying to myself, I can back out of this because people that know, No, I'm not gonna sit there.
Speaker 7: If you know, you.
Speaker 1: Guys are just repeating yourselves. At this point, I see the points of both of you. I see Diamonds far more than Andrews. If in fact Andrew was saying I will back out of this and not do it. Okay, But to Diamond's point, you had a whole week to prepare. You said you were going to do it. What stopped you from actually doing it?
Speaker 5: Love Island is a full commitment of seven days a week of watching. When I'm on my peloton, usually that's my recap time for that one. No mind you, it's just a lot of binging of shows. My attention span can only go so far as to like consume all this. Also, it's just like between Love Island drama the Housewives drama. It sometimes takes you to a place where you're like, I just want to watch something that is more mindless that I can just not watch, you.
Speaker 1: Know, And you didn't know this going into it. So essentially what happened was you bit off more than you could chew, but you didn't say anything until you walked in this morning, at which point the group project is due and you're showing up Now I don't have the assignment, and you don't expect them to feel any type of way about it.
Speaker 7: Yes, that is a good way to put it, and I understand.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm happy that you understand. But also the fact that you're up here lying. You're saying that no, because last Monday, you knew that Love Island came on it every day, but.
Speaker 7: I had to catch up on that one too.
Speaker 2: And that is another issue.
Speaker 3: You knew that you couldn't do both, but you really didn't even try to watch Atlanta until Friday.
Speaker 2: And this is the thing.
Speaker 7: I just didn't have the time I tried to get to move.
Speaker 3: Forward in life, committing to things that you aren't gonna do.
Speaker 2: You didn't want to do it in the first.
Speaker 7: Place, which again, you two can do it.
Speaker 5: I understand what you're saying, but the group project will go better with me.
Speaker 1: How do we think we can move past this?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: Can we?
Speaker 3: I just don't like the way that you've handled this because you were literally gonna continue on with your lies and the fact that I just clocked you and caught you in another lives and say, hey, you guys think he would be a good husband.
Speaker 2: The thing is you're clocking me, but you're just clocking it.
Speaker 7: For validation on your own feelings, which is fine.
Speaker 3: I don't need to validate my feeling fine. You know what would have honestly validated my feelings if you went in there and started talking about shit that didn't exist, and then I clocked you on the.
Speaker 5: Trust me, I would not have even said a word. It have just been you talking the whole time, which it probably will be, because I don't really know how much I can add to a real Housewace of Atlanta discussion.
Speaker 1: Is there any way that we can hug it out? Or are you guys gonna hate each other for the next four hours?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm gonna hate him?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he doesn't hate you.
Speaker 3: I'll hate him until the reunion comes on of Love Island or which is a month away.
Speaker 2: So give it some time.
Speaker 1: Andrew, you are in some sort of purgatory for a month. How are you feeling about that?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: Are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I would I.
Speaker 1: Would like to. By the way, you probably heard the microphone moving around a lot because we're in a studio with two mics and there are three people. I would love for our listeners to give us some feedback on this whole thing. Whose side are we on here? Team Diamond, team Andrew or team what the fuck is happening here? Both of you move on. I would like to say, yes, come out, come on back.
Speaker 5: I am not I am fully team Diamond. I fully acknowledge I did not do the project. I did not do the thing. So therefore she is correct in everything that she said.
Speaker 1: No, you said that a lot. I think there's still is a side here because I think you want to get off Scott free, like you didn't do anything, and Diamond is saying you've been off more than you can chew. You do it all the time, stop fucking doing it and just acknowledge to it.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, baby, else I do it. Don't open that. Please, don't open that. Don't open that. Corkutt corktt corcut right.
Speaker 3: So okay, So do we want to scroll back? If you're listening to this podcast, I want you to back out. Scroll all the way back to last summer when he committed to the wedding.
Speaker 2: This is what it does.
Speaker 3: He commits to things and then at the last minute tries to back out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he did not back out and not.
Speaker 2: Do things like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, you need to be a man of your word. Andrew can't do things.
Speaker 3: If you commit to something, you have to follow it through. It's an integrity thing to me.
Speaker 1: You know, ah, a man of little to no integrity. We can't trust your babe, Andrew.
Speaker 2: I thought you were one of the only white man I could drunk shit on.
Speaker 7: Well, this outro has gone thirty minutes, So where goes.
Speaker 1: My star writing? Because we're racist again.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna sorry, see myself out. Have a great day, everyone, Andrew.
Speaker 1: People want to find you online? Where can they find you? Don't she's mad, honey Clark that he is at Andrew Pug. He's still trying to be an influencer, and that's why he has too much on his plate. We should make a list of all the things that he has backed out of, because there is quite an extensive list. Diamond. If they want to find you online, where can they find you at?
Speaker 2: Diamond?
Speaker 3: Sincere and I'm in the mood to argue.
Speaker 1: I am at Baby Hot Sauce pretty much anywhere Instagram x threads, Yeah, and please like, subscribe review if you want to give us a talkback, I would love to hear your talk back. If you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, there's a little microphone, push that button, tell us what you think. A lot happened here, Adam Levine, and also a knockdown, drag out fight, and I guess that's it. Andrew has left the room unceremoniously. I think he gave us the finger on his way out. So until next time, say bye, Diamond Bye.