Speaker 1: What's up everyone. I'm Devin Simone and I'm.
Speaker 2: Davon Rogers and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 3: We are back.
Speaker 4: What great episode?
Speaker 1: Such? How do you feel about this episode? How did you guys feel and watching it day? How did you feel and watching it?
Speaker 4: This was a rollercoaster of emotions, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So many people want to experience this show, and then for this to be such an iconic season of them bringing legends back, for Tony to play the way that he did, I was so disappointed because Tony is somebody who is held in that category of legends. He's held with such you know what I'm saying with people, it's Tony time, like we in. I think he thought this baby the clock was broke, right, he thought the time ridiculousness because he was being ridiculous. Boy, go take your behind home. I can't recall the last time I've been this mad watching Challenge. This will go down in history as one of the dum missed things we've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And if it was because he didn't want to be here, then he's even dumber because he should have just left his behind at home. Just throw it, throw it all away. Just throw it all away, Like, I mean, I'm happy with the outcome, but I think that raised frustrated.
Speaker 2: That raises the question, though, if you hypothetically right, let's let's just say Tony did want to come home, right, because that's the that's the general consensus.
Speaker 4: He wanted to go home.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, do you think in the elimination last week against Leroy, do you think that that was.
Speaker 4: Pure ego so he can say he beat Leroy.
Speaker 1: I think so much of what he does is ego, because I think even this, if you really want to go home, then just bow out and go home. TJ probably wouldn't have had an eliminate, you know what. It would have taken out the men's elimination, Like if that's really the case and you just want to go home, don't take it from someone else. I think it was so selfish, show egotistical, and he looked like a plum fool. You already know who's not gonna be surprised he gets my time out of the week. He looked like a plump fool at the end, like just dumb in every sense of the word stupid and dumb. And I'm actually surprised that TJ let him off the hook that easy. I hope that TJ lit his behind up when they can. We didn't just didn't see it because we know TJ doesn't like quitters. And while he quote unquote didn't quit, I mean everything he wasn't certainly wasn't trying. Yeah, it's a waste of the fans time. It's waste of you all time, it's waste of our time. Like just.
Speaker 4: But aside of him, Okay, let's let's just let him go.
Speaker 2: I appreciate toy this particular episode, the first half, not saying first half, in the first half when.
Speaker 4: It came down to this challenge that they had to do.
Speaker 2: Because my girl was on it with the memorization of the order of the shows and so smart.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was shut down.
Speaker 3: That drink.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, let's show her breath was funky. All of them work. Yes, if you guys have never smelled the durant, like seriously.
Speaker 4: Awful, it's awful.
Speaker 1: It's bad, It's really bad. And she was drinking that like she got it from smoothie hanging or something. I don't know, but like, yeah, that was absolutely awful. Let's talk about aerw one in there. They broke the paddle. They ran aground several times, wasn't Joey at one point was like, I'm gonna just get out and push.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to push the Jody was over it. She like, man, look, ain't nobody got time for this.
Speaker 1: Somebody paddle broke.
Speaker 4: She like, look, let's just figure this out. Oh eraw one was stressed.
Speaker 1: They are so entertaining, like I love them, And it's always a different reason every week. This week it's not because I feel they're strong. It's because of how goofy they were. It was comedy, pure COMEDT was losing it.
Speaker 4: Oh he was.
Speaker 1: I also love these little CT tips that are happening see t pro tips that are happening throughout the episode. I also think those are really cute. So if you don't remember Era three one, woo, that would be the era I would be on. Yes, Era three Tony crushed the eat. I mean Tony did his part when it came to the eating. He showed up and showed out like mad respect there. And then of course Era one just got disoriented or lost or I don't know. Memory issues kicked as they didn't know how to row a pat I don't know, but they came in last uh. And so then ultimately we found out that the ones that were team captains, which we sort of suspected, but the ones that were team captains for each team now are up for elimination, with the exception of the team captains from the winning team who get to pick who they want to go against the losing team. So a little bit of a twist there. So then we see them deliberating. Right, here's where the trouble comes in on this particular episode. So we have Avery and Tony are the winners from Air three or ultimately they were the captains, right, so they're the ones who get to choose. The losers are Durell and Jody because they're still trying to find their way to shore. And then we have potential of Casey and Kyland going in from Air Force or Derek and Aviv going in from Air two. A couple things that stand out. One Darrell who we saw in earlier episodes, right, he has won a season of the Challenge with Aviv Okay, they've known each other for what eighteen years? When asked by Avery and Tony who he would want to go against an elimination, He has other options, he has another team that he can pick. Instead, he picks a Eve and Derek, which just seems so just wrong.
Speaker 2: But here's how I thought about it, right. You know how I always say people always make the city. Well, it's a non fact, and let me not say I always say it's a known fact that people when they're making any decisions, they're making no decisions, not for the moment but for future seasons, right, And so maybe in his mind he was like, well, Derek and Aviv are here, but when the last time they be here?
Speaker 4: And when might be the next time they come back?
Speaker 2: But there are certain staples that have been here, and we know that they're going to continue to come back. So maybe this decision was let me cover you because I know Casey and Kylin and whoever whoever they coming back.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could be right, but I don't feel like in that moment was that deep. I think if we're looking at the too strong of the two, who would you want to go against? Say there were no more seasons? Right, God forbid, we're not saying that with that, so nor who would you? Who do you think you have a better shot? Potentially when you don't know what the eima.
Speaker 4: You ready beat him, So I get it right.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to go against Kyland or Casey. I'm a pick Terrek and Aviev too. Dang, So your friends just out Uh well, no, I first of all, I'm friends with all of them. Yes, I've known Derek longer because his Real World season was right after my Real World season. Shout out to Brooklyn and ken Kun and I love Derek. But if I'm gonna be honest, i'd probably can if we hadn't talked about it beforehand, like if we had made some alliance beforehand, then yeah, I'd probably rather go I wouldn't call it out at the table like that, but I'd probably rather go against They're gonna be only because I think, like Casey and Kyline both have the strength, the endurance and the mental power, Like they're both incredibly smart, and I like that we're getting to see a little more of Casey's personality these seasons. Yeah, but it just was crazy that Darrell was so open with it. But nothing was as crazy as Tony's choice is this episode. Initially, it makes sense because I get it he thinks Kyline and Casey if they going against derelling Jody, They're gonna come back. I tend to agree with him, no shade to those two and he's thinking they're gonna save him. But at a certain point you gotta let it go. But I respect Avery so much for standing on her word, particularly when she felt she was protecting a longtime friend. Because now with one of the things I love about the challenge, these aren't just friendships. Some of them are where it's like for a year or two, but some of these are over a decade, you know what I mean, Like, some of these really are. We've known X, Y and Z for twelve years, fifteen years, and so there's a lot there. And to your point, when you're thinking of future seasons or you're just thinking of real life in general, you know there needs to be a little flexibility. They're speaking of real life in general real quick. Because I know you're close to Josh his meltdown against Tory over the Naya thing. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I have several thoughts. I have thoughts of was his feelings hurt? Sure, but was he really hurt? I think he was more hurt by Tory, and I think he was more. First of all, he is sensitive to people making fun of him. So, first of all, he was already the butt of the joke. Right, That's that's one layer. So his feelings then got hurt because he knows the naya is with Kyland. He's hearing that, right layer number two, he's the butt of the house joke. Right, layer three, one of his best friends is in the middle of the laughing of him being the butt of the joke.
Speaker 4: And it's not standing up for him. She's not you know what, I'm saying, none of the things. And we see it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and he's gonna have to see that episode, and so for him to hear it and come down and say something to her, I think his feelings were genuinely hurt on so many levels.
Speaker 1: He takes his.
Speaker 4: Friendships so serious. He takes them.
Speaker 2: It means a lot to him because the making fun of your friend or laughing at your friend's.
Speaker 1: Pain, but pain is feels dramatic because I I feel like she didn't realizing she said it in the interview and to him, I didn't realize you it was like that deep on you and I tend to agree, and you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that because also on top of that, we had a flashback to her.
Speaker 1: Voting him in.
Speaker 4: Now that was so that was another layer that what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So now you don't voting me in and you laughing about laughing at me behind my back in the midst of other people. I'm the butt of the joke, and you in the circle were like, which, what are we doing this?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, that now that I agreed because that was fed up. But I do think Josh is being overly sensitive for a girl you've known for an hour and a half, and like, look, I get it, and I put the spell on people because she's doesn't matter. I like a lot of things. Okay, before I was married, I liked Iadris Elbert. I didn't cry when he got married. All right, Josh, beside you, I like both. I like Josh and I like Tori. But Josh, I'm gonna need you to pull up your pants to get get on with it, all right, sir. Like it's not a relationship, and.
Speaker 2: Of course we don't know how it plays out because we haven't seen it, but the friendship that we know of them to have, I don't think this will probably go past that night.
Speaker 1: I don't think, right, I hope. So, yeah, they like to come back together. I completely agree. Speaking of coming together, let's come together and do this list of who gets our cold Star of the week and who gets our time out. Let's see if Day is gonna also treat this yet again like she's rationing in the depression era, or she's gonna properly just hand out a gold star and a time out.
Speaker 2: I'm going to break my ghostar and half. Here we go, only two, only two, though I used to like an Olympics judge, I want you to get right with your grading. Yes, my first one is of course avery, but standing on business, like I appreciate that. I know there's some people gonna be like, well, you put Derek in time out for the same thing.
Speaker 3: A No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I put him in time out because he out here like yeah, I'll go down to do this. But I put her for standing on business against Tony. That's why she get a star. I for spite, pure for spite.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm gonna give it to her, But then I'm also gonna give my other half a mess to the return of the mac. And that's nice. I'm gonna give it to Naya.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like, for seasons upon seasons upon seasons, we have watched men do the very same thing, this very same thing, and I feel like, you know what, girl, if you feel like you want to explore, explore, and she's being free, she living her best life, and I'm like, okay, girl, do yo thing. She is politicking and she is making sure she gets far in the game. And so I'm gonna give it tonight. I'm gonna do I'm gonna half a half.
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 1: All right? My gold Star nominations and then we'll go be a winner. It is not because the two rises to the It's a nomination and then you have to win, just like in any other awards. Centoni, Okay, So my nominations include Devin for leading his team. We really saw him take charge. Oh yeh the challenge, which was great, Like he came up and as a whole Era three did a great job of listening to each other and supporting each other. Beautifully done. Dev Tory for her memorization skills, Like you said that was out. She came in ready to also lead, which is and that's how Tory and Devin worked well together interestingly, like right like, so Devin was in the lead of one particular part, and then Tory was in the lead when it came to the memorization parts, like just great job all around. Couldn't be more proud. Naya for heartbreaking Yes girl, Hey, I'm safe, you know, but uh explore you're single. They're single, y'all make choices. Just be smart about it, you know, and be safe. But otherwise, hey, have fun, girl, And then Avery for obvious reasons. And the winner is let's open it the certified envelope. It is Avery, of course it is because is that girl. I love how she stood on business. I love how corramplate out. Now, who gets your time out of the week nominations?
Speaker 4: Tony definitely gets my time out for the week. But I'm also.
Speaker 1: By expect that how are you gonna snip that and have? Who else? Could it possibly even remotely come close? Darrell?
Speaker 2: And here's why, Okay, because one I didn't appreciate the whole Yeah, st me in against the v like I just yeah, that's a long time to know somebody.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you're saying you wouldn't do that, you wouldn't do that? To me if we were, because we've already discussed in the chat. Y'all don't know we have multiple groups, you know what. Goodbye, I'm hanging up on this podcast. Goodbye everyone, Thanks for listening. Bye, like yours together, everything.
Speaker 2: I have not let me, even though I have not known you for ten years, there is not You won't catch me saying, oh yeah, put me in against Devin for what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for what?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna walk off and go.
Speaker 4: Home if you're somebody but no.
Speaker 2: But if you're somebody that's supposed to be like my sense, like we like for real close like we are. If I don't win, I want to see you win. Say, why would I put us in a situation where you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you already?
Speaker 2: And then he turned around nominated an.
Speaker 1: I know that was so shady. Drel gives no evs. Drell gives no fs, Like, how are you nominating the people you just like had legit relationships with, not even known, but like have actual ties with for real the longest Drell. I wanted to text him so bad during the episode and just be like, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you even doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For me, that's valid. That's valid. Darrell Derell would have be scratching my head it chills. I probably have been text him after this and be like bruh, but he does. No one comes close. I mean at this point, I'd say give the time out of that. We give the time out of the season to Tony for just being dumb. All the work that Flavor Flavor has done to make time great and she's great, Tony is undoing to make time terrible, like just so incredibly dumb. So yeah, he gets time out. You already knew that was coming. That one wasn't very sort of surprising. And shout out, by the way to Kiera, one of our loyal listeners. She sent over her era rankings on Twitter, so we love that. Send them to us, you guys, dm us instagrams. Tweet them actually is probably the best way for us to see them and day, Okay, what are your era rankings? Now he's getting gold.
Speaker 2: I gotta give the gold to Era three. They showed out, they showed out this episode. I'm gonna ahead and give the gold to them. I'm gonna give my silver to Era four. I'm gonna give my.
Speaker 4: Bronze to AER two. I'm gonna give my participation to Era one. I shouldn't now.
Speaker 2: If it was on comedy, they would have gotten to great immediately, but.
Speaker 4: You know they were a little stressed this episode.
Speaker 1: What about you, we're actually aligned for once on our aras. I can't agree with everything you said, and I agree with the comedy mentioned as well, because I also very much agree there. And regardless of if you agree or not, you're gonna want to keep listening because we have the dab herself on this particular episode we're talking about. Avery Trestler is here to tell us everything that went down. So make sure you grab a snack, get super duper comfy, and stay tuned for great interviews.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get back to the.
Speaker 1: Show we have. As Derek would say, a dab in the house to day and I would say iconic, legendary and I mean nothing but mad respect from end to end. Police give it up for Avery. Don't f with me Tony ever again.
Speaker 3: Traveler, Hi, Avery, thank you for having me. I'm so excited to be here and I appreciate the intro.
Speaker 1: We are excited to have you, so excited.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming to hang out with us.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if ever somebody came back and made your marrow, because girl, you've been gone and then you came back.
Speaker 1: And what I know, I cannot though, how are you feeling watching this back? How do you feel?
Speaker 3: You know? What? It's like? Incredible? Is like I love doing these shows because I almost like relive it. Right, It's like it's been it's spent some time that I've separated. But man, when I watch it, I get like those feelings of like that like damn, like you really trying to fuck me over? You can really be doing that to me, like like damn. But I have to remind myself that, like at the end of the day, karma is the best, Like it definitely it was there the ded it happened, and I was justified and I love the universe for it. And that's something I have to always constantly remind myself, especially like living it back, like can't be mad chrometic.
Speaker 1: Justice, Well, it gave you and not that you needed an iconic moment, but it gave it. Definitely, Like to me, this is one of those moments that will go down and challenge history, similarly to when Jordan flipped all the cars towards Bananas, but I would say your win was even more iconic than Banana's winning in that particular moment because everyone understood what you were fighting for. It made sense you were being true to your word. And then girl, you crushed it and he looked dumb as hell, good on you.
Speaker 3: Oh dumb, so dumb, like and like that's what people don't understand. It's like, first of all, I had a fight to even like make my team. Like people didn't understand that I was the first one to initiate the conversation of like why should I say? No one said anything at that table, and I was like, you know what if I'm going to do it here, I am like you know, like they didn't show me approaching Corey, and like Corey and I had like a pretty good like hour talk of like before this even happened, like why I wanted to say, like what my reasoning were, like like why I was who I was, and like I had to put a lot of work into staying on the team and then like for me to like get this victory, and also like I wanted to prove to Corey. I wanted to prove to Toy. I wanted to improve the people that like didn't know me, and like I was here for them. It was a bigger purpose no matter who wins or loses, Like I get it there there can only be so many winners. But I want Era three to win. I want to represent our team well and I believe in it, and I already had to work so hard and for me to even put myself on the line, Like when we all got picked to pick team captains. Yeah, no one on ERA three said anything. I was going to ask you.
Speaker 1: That, how did you come to the agreement of who was going to be the team captains? Like how did that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That was like a crazy thing. And honestly, the reason I picked myself to be an ERA three captain was one Derek volunteered himself. And when I heard that Derek was volunteering himself, my mind started like going a mile a minute. And so my first thought was there's a reason where captains, right, Like there's there's either a great reward or great risk, right we're taking. I'm looking at the ads. I don't know anybody really on ERA one at that pick. I don't know Jody, I don't know Drrel, I don't know anybody on Era four.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like it would give you like because of you and Tony, we see you both mention as far as your connections in the house, feeling like you both have limited connections in the house right because you both have you know, maybe haven't been as involved over the years all that. Did you feel like volunteering as the captain? And TJ is so diabolical for calling it captain and then going to do a pull switch up and call it targets for the next episode. But anyway, did you think that volunteering to be captain would help signal to your team and other people like, Hey, I'm a leader, I'm loyal, Like, did you think it would help you make relative relationships?
Speaker 3: Huh h, Like I wanted to prove to my team like that. Like what they don't show is me pitching to Corey for like an hour before the deliberation and being like, this is why I am an asset, Like I don't have any problems with your team, I don't have any animosity towards you or anybody, Like I am here for you just as much as I am here for me. I'm I have been a teammate my whole life, I have nothing against you, and like for me to like tell him be like, hey, I'm willing to sacrifice myself to show you how much I believe you, like thanks for saving me, Like, let me show you that I'm ready to compete. And I believe in us. I believe in Air three, Like I really do believe we have the strongest team. And that was my philosophy going in. And on top of that, if anybody that's gonna save me, if it is this thing, and I'm already thinking like three steps ahead, if we do have to vote in captains, which I don't know. I just had an inkling, the only person that's gonna save me is Derek for sure. So if I for sure and him win, Like that's how my brain was working. I already knew what was going on, Like I have a fifty to fifty shot versus a twenty five percent shot. If he's gonna go wherever that is a shot, I'm going to take fifty to fifty. If Derek gonna be wins, I know that I'm safe. I know it. There's no if sands or butts. I know Derek's gonna save me. He is my friend. We've been wanting to do this for so long, we wanting to help each other out. This is the time, it's so early in the game. This is loyalty that I know that goes back for a decade. Like if it was Tony and he had one of his friends, like he's known for ten years and I didn't fucking know the other team, I would decide to with Tony.
Speaker 1: Well, you have common sense. I mean that's I feel like, Hey, but like.
Speaker 3: On like you don't think Derek would have looked out for you. You don't think that like I would have been, like yo, Derek, like this extend, Like that's the thing Like now watching back, Tony never explained any of this to me, Like he never told me why. But like Tony was looking out for himself as I was looking out for myself. Nowhere in that conversations with Kyle and or Casey was like if I save you, will you save me? Anne Avery? It was just him. So if we're gonna be selfish, let's be selfish because like I know for a fact, my person's gonna have my back more than this person's gonna have your back.
Speaker 1: When Derek got word tall, Derek no shade to small Derek. Yeah, when Derek got word that you were potentially going to have to go in because you were essentially standing on your word and protecting him, did he come up to you and say anything, Like did he say, hey, don't do this for me? Did he say he would go in? Like what was Derek's reaction when he to you when he first got win that you might be putting yourself at risk in trying to protect him?
Speaker 3: Honestly, that was never a conversation that we had to have.
Speaker 1: He never talked to you about it.
Speaker 3: No, he never really did, you know, Like I think like it was just an unspoken thing, like we've talked about for years years, Like maybe that's why it's like on the show we never spoke about it, but years before, like I'm not even joking guys, like I have gone to Thanksgiving at this man's house with his brother, like like we are friends, Like this is for real, like and we've always discussed this, Like, Hey, I just want you to know, unspoken bond, I will always have your back as long as I can have your back. That's a thing that we've always said. It's not that I wouldn't save him. Week seven, but if I can week one. There's a difference, you know, like you know, if it doesn't really impact my game, gotcha, Like you know, like there's a there's a time, and it didn't.
Speaker 1: Really impact your game. Ultimately, Yeah, I stood on it. Okay at that point, Avery, did it become because at first we see you standing on business because that's your friend, and you and Darek go way back, and again, everybody in the house, it seems, was siding with you, which had to feel good ever been.
Speaker 3: Even Casey and Kylon came up to me and shook my hand and said, we know why you're doing this, and we would do the same thing. I don't even understand why Tony is not agreeing with you, Like that's the craziest shit. Yeah, Tony was like okay, cool, like not even take it personally like they got it. But like for him to not get it, or for him to even talk to me about it, that's what threw me off. Like that's a noman no one saw, Like we never spoke about it. We never spoke about it. He never gave me a reason as to why ask him save Kylin and Casey, Yeah, well full times and he never had a reason We.
Speaker 1: Saw him say on the show that you were blinded by friendship? What do you feel you feel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know that's crazy that he said that, because I get that whole blinded by friendship. But like, let's let's break it down, all right, let's let's let's break it down to be even Derek versus Kylin and Casey. Right, we're competing against eras. If we knock off Derek and Aviev, what does Erra to lose? Seriously, now, if we knock off Kylin, who is one of the smartest players in the game. You know, it's more history than I know, and I was on the franchise, and Casey, who's one of the strongest females, what is that going to do to our era? Is that going to improve our era?
Speaker 1: Well, it does make you guys stronger, exactly, I'm gonna just I will feel.
Speaker 3: Like it does make us stronger, correct.
Speaker 1: If well, if Kylin and Casey go home, it makes you guys stronger. But the odds of Kylin and Casey going home versus Darrell and Jody, no shame. But where I mean my money would have been on Casey and Kyland to come back in the game, and like Tony's logic initially did make sense. I will give him that initially, like.
Speaker 3: But you're but you're eliminating two strong teams.
Speaker 1: Right, But he's yes, But the other side of that is who's going to more likely be back in the winner seat? And he's right that Kylin and Casey have a high probability, like the fact that they were so confident even in their you know, their talking head interviews, They're just like, yeah, it's only a matter of time to we're in those winners chairs, and then they're going to repay the favor. Like he had a point there, but the point ended after about ten seconds.
Speaker 3: But he wanted to take big shots. That's a big shot, right, Like if you could eliminate Kyland or Casey to Air four, that's a big shot to air for sure, right.
Speaker 1: Sure, But was that really possible?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I think so. If you give Jody and Dureau a match up, Jody could have been Casey. Dureau could have belan he didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel like I think odd, like, like, who who's gonna save my team?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean I think ERA three, though, is in the best position you do. I think Era three though, is in the best position, and it could have been either way. Like to be fair, I would have been on Era three had I been in this season, and so I think they're in the sweetest spot of having because even me being on if I were on Era three, I started my season with a lot of Era two people, but then know a lot of ERA four people, and I think that's true for a lot of them, So I do. I will say this because obviously we've already laid into Tony and Wilmore, but I will say this and has been I think he too. In the beginning. His argument was strategic because yes, you can look at it as who's going to have my back and who's going to save my team When it comes to the argument of saving your team, I think both Era two and ERA four have strong ties to Era three. But then I also think while you're looking at it as who do have a strong connection with because I know they're gonna have my back, which would be Derek shout out to He was looking at it as who's ultimately going to be on top at some point and will owe me one to help save me because yeah, down the line, and I don't think that that's a wrong way to view it either, but obviously you had stronger history in his unwaveringness. So at what point, Avery, because we do know that you it's been said that you're stubborn. At one point, though, did it move beyond your friendship with Derek and move to a point of Tony's pissing me off because he's being a jerk and I just want to like equally be like stick it to Tony. At what point did your decision move to that level?
Speaker 3: Totally? There was a time and it was I think when like there was a time at the Toga party. More like I think Tony and I haven't a really good conversation and I wanted him to express to me. I wanted him to tell me, just tell me why you want to save Kyland and Casey and he couldn't. So here I am giving him, like giving Tony so many reasons of why you want to save Derek. Derek's one person I know that I can trust for my game for a year of three and I don't have a number one at this point, Like I you know, Coreyn and I had talked, but like I can extend this alli branch to you, like if I talk to Derek. He can be in a position where he also saves you too, like hear me out, like, listen to me. And he wasn't willing to even he didn't tell me about this deal with Kylin and Casey, Like if he would have been like, yo, abes Kylan and Casey said, if we save them, we not Tony, we because I'm a part of this fucking team too. If we save them, they're gonna save us. That would have been a whole different game changer, like, all right, they're a strong team. We're gonna keep our team strong. That makes sense. But he didn't, and he wouldn't, right, And he never told me any of that. He just told me his reasoning of why he wouldn't side with me. It was because I was so gung hull about Derek, and I gave him reason after reason after reason of why I wanted to keep Derek, Like if we were in different circumstances and it was Tony's best friend of ten years and he was like, yo, ads, if you saved this person, they're going to have our back like you and I Like, if it was a Nicole or if it was one of his rider dies, I would have, I would have agreed with him, but like he didn't know them. He knew Derek. He just played All Stars Score with Derek, he knew the relationship we had. Like you're disrespecting me, like in my my connections and like you don't trust that, like my people would be willing to risk for you. What kind of friends do you have? Then? Are gonna do that? Because my friends will, the alliances that I make, the people that I have an escape if I vouched for somebody, they're willing to be like, all right, do they have my back? Yeah? They have your back, And if they don't, I'll be the first to fucking tell you.
Speaker 2: Was there any point when you saw that Tony was not going to take his foot off the gas It wasn't coming off.
Speaker 4: Was there at any point where there were where you were like, you know.
Speaker 2: What, Okay, maybe maybe I'll just let him have this and then I'll rearrange my game later on or anything like that. Did you think about folding at any point?
Speaker 3: You know, as terrible as it is, No, No, because I know because he didn't give me a good reason. If you would have given me a reason, that's that's that's the difference. I want you to tell me why. But if you're not giving a why, don't expect me to bend. No, absolutely not, Like you need to give me a reason Like I don't bend for anybody in my life, regardless of who they are. I need you to give me, like a reason of why am I bending and you're not giving me that. I much other I would much rather risk it because I know that Derek won't have my back any any day of the week.
Speaker 1: Do you think that his refusal was ego him not wanting to be there, or misogyny just curious?
Speaker 3: What can I say? All of the above. Yeah, that's what I think. I think it is all of the above. I think it was him like thinking that he was big in bed and it's like fucking tony.
Speaker 1: Time time for him to go home, time for her to sit down.
Speaker 3: Well, like, bitch, your fucking time is up. Your time is up. Like you wanted to make big news, like you said you were to make fucking like small moves or you're to make big moves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a move back home.
Speaker 3: It's not a big move.
Speaker 1: What he made? A move back to America?
Speaker 3: Like big moves are to make Two big competitors from two big eras go home it benefits our era.
Speaker 1: Do you think he really wanted because at a certain point, even him just telling TJ and TJ seemed to noise. It was like, you know, we can't make a move or whatever, like and when we saw him in the elimination, he wasn't even really running and trying after a certain point, like, do you think he really was putting an effort? Do you think he was just trying to collect a check because we saw people say that they felt like he didn't want to be like, yeah, what was happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he wanted to be there. And sorry not sorry, every of the other fucking cast members saw it, and I saw it on All Stars four and that's what makes me so mad. It's like on All Stars four he left him like what two weeks and he said he had a family emergency. I am all for a family emergency. I get it, Okay, I totally get it. Shit happened. But like if we're already like asking Nicole, like meaning Adam and I are like yo, like can we just ask you like a random question? Nicole, Like you're like one of the closest people to Tony, do you know what happened? And she's like no, I'm okay, nothing like is reported upon it. Mind you. Tony is very like social media conscious and like like says every single fucking aspect of his life. Like I just so get it. If you wanted to go home, that's totally fine. I get it. But what really makes me upset is if you're gonna go home, and you know that's what you want to do, why would you eliminate like Leroy, Like they've wanted to be there, be there? Yeah, why would you take this passion? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's so it's so incredibly selfish.
Speaker 3: Right, like like he wanted to be there, he wanted to fight, and and it's so selfish too, And like if you don't want to be there and you don't want to compete, why are you here? Because I love to do these things. I'd love to do them. It gives me motivation to like stay healthy, It gives me motivation to live, it gives you like so many people do this for so many reasons, and if you're not appreciating it, then why are you here?
Speaker 1: I agree? Like, I agree, I hope the stain of him looking like a complete idiot from this episode stays with him for the rest of his challenge career. I'm that mad about it.
Speaker 3: There's so many more people that want.
Speaker 1: To go you know, yeah, yeah, have been there.
Speaker 4: All right, we have say a quick break. Well right back.
Speaker 1: After this, Okay, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 2: I want to shoot years because this little Tony conversation has ran its time.
Speaker 4: Its course, it's done, like the Klakistan.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's no more Tony time, no more time to time the Klakistan.
Speaker 3: Tony's time is up.
Speaker 2: But the clock is ticking on these showmances and I want to get into it because the house or the I need to know because you were there, Naya, I know everything.
Speaker 1: Wait then tell us everything, tell us everything everything?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, where the show mans like hot or what? I mean? I know Naya's Naya. First of all, like like I ain't playing with her. I was very impressed, you know, I was like, okay, like how quick? Then she jumped from Josh to Coyland like she found her mark and she stuck to her mark. And I appreciate that she's a sniper that one like and like the Devin and Michelle, we knew we were just it was just a counting of the days. It was just like the writing was on the wall. They've had history. We were like asking for it. The one that I was actually most shocked about was the Brad and Emily me too. I was so sure. I was like, wait what And I was like, yeah, you didn't hear about them. I was like, oh my god, this is like high school, like please tell me, like what is going on? Tell me everything. The walls are, the walls are whispering, let's go. But when they told me about the bread and Emily think I was there for it. I wish I could see it, Like what a great I thought that was just amazing to watch, just beautiful specimens of humans, like a beautiful male, beautiful female, Like what what am I watching? Poetry in motion?
Speaker 1: Do you think Nya? Let's go back to Nya and Kayland and Josh and the triangle that was. Do you think Josh she that night Joshlyn do you think that Nya as we were seeing it now without any spoilers, but do you think right now she's obviously pursuing Kyland or he's pursuing her in her bed, whatever you wanna call it, do you think she's making the right choice by going for Kylan over Josh from both a personal standpoint and then also what's your view from a political like in the game standpoint?
Speaker 3: Right, So, like, one thing I really appreciate about Maya is she's so calculated and she's so like perceptive of like everything that is going on. Do I think that she's making a like a choice totally. She's making a choice of Josh, who is pretty good socially, but with Josh comes a lot of like drama. Like I never known Josh before this season. I love him as a human Like from what I've gathered from Josh, I think he's really funny and I I adore him. But what I've also gathered from Josh as Josh brings the drama right, but it gathered from Kyland is Kyland is more of a smooth operator. Kylight is very aware. Kyland, I am not stressing, is one of the smartest players and the challenge. He knows everything about everything. If I could pick him as a teammate, I would hands down. I would love to work with Kyland. He is so smart, he's so athletic, he's so loyal, he keeps it up front, Like, I just really appreciate his authenticity, and I think like as a game strategy, her moving on to Kylan is probably good for her game, just because Kylan is one of the strongest males of Era four. I think that he is definitely the brains of the Operation three or four. I think that he knows the most socially aware of where the dynamics play. I think that he's just aware in general of like how the game's evolved. He's watched it like he is. Just so he knows more about the contestants on our show than we know about each other. Like that's what's crazy about Kylin.
Speaker 4: Kylin gon do his research, but for real, Like that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Could know everybody's birthday and could tell you there's zodiac sign.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I be like, Okay, we should quit him on that. I actually feel like, yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Like she's a Scorpio, she's a quiet I bet.
Speaker 1: You should kiss Kyland when he comes on. Okay, So you think that Nia's making the smarter choice by pursuing Kylin. At least that's what we see so far.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts about the Josh and Tory fight that happened. Oh, Josh seemed really sensitive her over his feelings with Naya, and then really since they and her.
Speaker 3: Reaction totally, I definitely feel like like Josh felt like him and I had a connection. I mean, like, look at Naya, Like she's a fucking beautiful goddess, Like she's a fucking tall drink of water. She's like she's like so magnetic, Like she has like this energy and aura about her that I just attract people to her. I totally see what Josh is saying about Nya, like she is truly a magnetic person.
Speaker 1: But now you think he was valid to get so emotionally upset about it, like given that it's been only a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Right, I see on that instance, I'm like, man, like we know, we know what we know, like we know what it's like a challenge thing like we get worked up at our emotions. I think that like Josh probably had his balls up a little bit more. I mean, as much as I love Nya, it's Nya like you know, like she's not she's not stupid, and she knows what she's doing, and like Josh also knows what he's doing. And if you can pola dick or you know, like whatever the boys do, Like what what what word should we make for what the boys do because they do it just as well, but it's not politicking like when they like hop on some girls clip, like what do they do when the girls like what what do we do? When the boys have on the girl train, like and they're like, ooh, I gotta like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that would be research for our listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listeners, let us know.
Speaker 3: We need you guys to let us know because the boys did the same.
Speaker 1: While we're thinking about it. What I mean, we're talking about all the hookups in the house, but obviously you have now one of the most notorious not hookups in the house hook up after the house. But you're in a relationship with a challenger. Yeah, how is that going? How is stepmomming going?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been. That has been a wild ride. It's it's so funny because every show I go on or everything I go on, I realize that Adam to me, Like when I think of Adam, I think it's like just like a cute, a cute, wholesome man that's just like a single dad, just those like normal guy things I don't know. But then like I hear all these stories about how crazy he used to be and like how many girls you hooked up with? And I'm like that that's Adam, Like that's the Adam.
Speaker 1: Have you watched any of his like gone back and watched any of his old.
Speaker 3: I have, and I laugh, I laugh like hysterically. He thins it's like he's like, that's not funny. And I was like, no, you're so cute. I love that for you, and he was like, you used to be so cute. But like it is, it is really cool to like see like him growing and like having this experience together of having us me at an Austar spore and just having like another castmate that like I never thought in my life, like after Johnny and Riley, that I would ever date anybody over my ole out of TV. Like I was over it. I was done when I met him. It's almost like the opposite, Like I love it. I love that he can relate to my experiences. I love that, you know, when I go out for these shows or he goes out for these shows, it's not a contention in our relationship. It's more of like we know you're working, I'm here for you. Just you know, I'll be here when you go back, and if you need any advice, call me. And it's right. That for me is like the biggest support. Like having somebody in our situation that knows what it's like is so important. I never really thought like that, Like I always thought that being on reality TV was like a red flat to like any boyfriend that I would or girlfriend that I would ever date, right, But for him, it's more of a bonding experience. So it's been really I think healthy for both of us to like grow and both live our authenticity and our dreams and have each other there to like understand it. I think it's really important. And especially like he has two girls and they get it. They're so supportive. They love it. They almost like brag about it at school. They're like my parents are Yeah, They're like my parents do TV And I'm like, can we not? So it's really interesting and having that perspective of like the happy medium of like we're still hip, we're still young, we're still you know, like we still are cool, we're still relevant, but like we're also at a different stage where we can teach other people to be like, hey, this is who you are? Is that what you are? Maintain who like you're authenticity and you're in side. You know, it's a pretty cool experience to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we know that parenting is and obviously day can speak to this too, is like arguably the hardest job one can have or one of the hardest jobs. I want to know for you coming in as like a stepmom and a supporter and a you know, female influence for these young girls, what do you think is harder? Is it being a parent or struggle bussing in that giant canoe? And then the food?
Speaker 3: The food?
Speaker 1: What was the hardest part for you in this competition?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. To be completely honest, I'm surprised I didn't pew because I no one knows this and like you guys have a first note like I killed Adam maybe the second to know that I'm peuge in my mouth followed it. I was like, are we really going to do? Like I'm really going to like compete to like do a final like I was up to being like, Okay, I'm gonna get a night, relax, have fun. Day one. They were like boo, here you go. And I was like Oh my god, I almost like grew up, Like I truly threw up in my mouth. And I'm so shocked that I didn't like throw up like I swallowed it. I was like, I'm gonna throw up. That was like wild to me. What I did know from going into the invitational was I kind of found out like whose weaknesses were what m So that was like a cool thing to know. So like just for future future challenges, I know who can't handle like tight spaces And I'm like, I'm Lenna, keep that in mind. THEO do not with THEO. He is so claustrophobic. THEO. I love you, your great competitor, your best, but we all know that THEO he is he does not do well in type spaces. So he did well, bro, Yeah he did. He did faces in him he is not like but that was like the hardest thing for me. And just like to be honest, like coming into the house and not knowing a lot of these people and not having the relationship so like even if you didn't like each other, they had these experiences with I never had. That was the hardest thing for me. Was like how am I going to solidify myself? How am I going to make these people believe me. I mean, I think that I play a pretty straightforward game. I'm pretty loyal. If I tell you what I want to do, I'm going to do it right. But it was really hard for me to even get to that point to have people believe who I am. Because you've been playing these people for like years, a decade, right, and you know you're.
Speaker 1: Coming at a disadvantage, and it seems like you really value your relationships now, so the ones you're fighting so hard to build, particularly this season. So then when we see TJ throw out there, but now you have to pick the tart. TJ side note needs to get better at gift giving because the gifts quote unquote he's giving the challenge are not great. So he gives you the gift having won this elimination you and Durrell of picking the targets from each team this, yeah on this, How hard was that? And what was what was your strategy there? And you know for who you picked? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly that that was probably the most difficult. I don't know anybody like That's why I screwed up, Like I was going to have my back if I say to you, are you gonna say me. But what I do know is on Era one, I had a connection.
Speaker 1: With Brad really vie because I don't think Brad.
Speaker 3: Is gonna say my name. It might been the bear, might have been the eyes. I don't know, it might have been something in the beard, whatever, but I knew Brad wasn't was probably going to say, so I don't want to vote Brad. You know, ct that's the beast. Derek, that's the beast. You know. But I heard that Derek was saying some like pretty mean things about me, so that get easy out, like oh, like what and why? Apparently when like I was going against Jodie, he just was like very like mean to the point where I don't leave it know what truly Derek said, but to the point where I got on the bus and he came up to me and apologized.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, I'm sorry, I said some relating awful things.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, you did.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know what they were, but he did, so you can admit that, Yeah, have you committed you were wrong? Then all right, cool slaps. Did the right thing. But like Eric too, I was thinking, like, you know, everybody gives Banana's crap. I got to know Bananas pretty well on the show, like I think, like well enough to like see what kind of human I think I'd work with him in the future. You know, call me, call me crazy, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: What I really appreciate about him is if he's gonna dog you, he's gonna dog into your face he has to do like that blindside ship. Yeah, I like that. I really do appreciate that. And uh, knowing what I saw in this episode, I didn't realize that he actually said that's totally like that that slaps Like for me, I'm like, that was really cool of him to like do that, Like he didn't know me, I know you.
Speaker 1: You then he did his own mom, which is really.
Speaker 3: Right and like and like for me, when I met Banana's was on excess to I think like it was almost my bias, Like I had a bias against him. He was not nice. He was one of the main people that made me hate eras too or I'm sorry, excess too. He was one of those main people that made me hate excess to right, like one of those weird things that you always remember, right, so you always hold a grudge and like I think, like the more that I spoke to him on this current season, that was like, Okay, he doesn't remember that, Like everybody's there a chance, and I, you know, like I would, I would work in in the future, but like sucks because Niamaya's never done anything to me anything, but like Bananas, you kind of were mean to me. I do remember that he will never forget. And I'm not going to say Ryan because Brian I fucking love that guy. And Brandon was already gone, you know, Like I didn't have many many things, but then my brain was thinking, who's gonna save Jordan. I think it's gonna be Bananas, It's gonna save them. So like for me, it was just like I gotta, I gotta who's gonna save my team? Who's going to save Jordan? And who's gonna save Naya? Because I want my team to save the strongest. Who does my team have the better connection with I already need that ticking who I picked, and I knew that Bananas and Laurel would it picked Jordan, which therefore would take Naya, which saves my season. So why wouldn't I do that? Rasio and Jordan have like this weird thing where they love to compete each other. Why wouldn't I pick Rasio to save Jordan because they love to compete each other. Like it just kind of made sense to me, Like, how am I gonna save my own era? Chick chess? You gotta think two steps ahead? You know what I enjoy?
Speaker 2: I enjoy listening to you dissect the game and the players. You break down the eras, and you break down you know how each player is connected. I want to play one of our games for this season with you. DEVI and I have a game where we let the guest choose a high school superlative for each era.
Speaker 4: So most likely to dot dot dot.
Speaker 1: You ready for that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I could. I could definitely do that. I love that.
Speaker 1: So let's start with Era four.
Speaker 3: Most likely to backstab their number one alliance. They got no loyalty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've got no loyalty, but that's probably right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Era four they are looking out for themselves. They truly don't give a fuck about their era. As long as they are going forward and out backwards, They're gonna do whatever they can to win.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of infighting, but that's that's fair and then okay, yeah, that's interesting. Okay, so how about Era three.
Speaker 4: Let's just go up. How about Air three.
Speaker 3: I would say Era three is most likely to be stubborn, Like we are the most probably the most stubborn era of all Euros, because I can't see a single one of us backing down to something that we really believe in. Like if you tell Jordans to do something that he is like, oh, fuck you, he's gonna do it. Tory, Yeah, she's gonna do it me, Tony b Roy, john A, Cory, Amanda. You tell any of us that we can't do something, we're gonna do it. Just Devin almost, We're gonna be like, all right, we're gonna put you wrong. Just tell you to sucker dicks.
Speaker 1: Like you really do have the hard heads on your team. Yeah that's fair. We really do, like we really do.
Speaker 3: Like we we are the ones that are like you know what, fuck you guys, Like I'll show you like you're like, oh, man, like we might break the ball, we might, we might hurt ourselves, but we're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I would say Era two is most likely man. I would say Era two is like mis congeniality. Okay, like friends with Everybody either put their little.
Speaker 1: TV in that movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but like think about it, think about the like the weirdos that they have, like the I can think about like the little unique little things that like everybody in Era too have, Like everybody in Error two is so unique and authentically them.
Speaker 5: Like that's a way to put it for real though, Like you have Kelly Anne, you have Derek, you have Ryan Kara, Laurel Randon, like Emily, like you have Neomya.
Speaker 3: Like they're all like so unique individuals that like you're like, all right, these are like the hippies, Like these are like the ones that are like self expression, Like they're the ones that are like doing things that are like out of the norm. Like they're the ones that like find a niche and like go with it fair.
Speaker 1: I also think they have connection. It's they're in the middle, so they cross over. They come from old school and new school in a weird way. Like yeah, I think that there's a lot of benefit to that. That's that's really bad. What do you think about Era Woma?
Speaker 3: They're more like the family era, like if they if they like have somebody from like their era, they don't even have to like them, Like they don't even have to like give a fuck about them, but they're gonna have their back. That doesn't better yeah, like for real, for real, like like they don't care, like, hey, we both did real world Sydney, Like if she's my right or I hater, hater fucking guts, hate's guts. Yes she's dead, but they're my guy because like we're family. We started this journey together. Like they like really have that phone digition for some reason, Like you're like, oh really you hate for some reason?
Speaker 5: You hate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you hate this person, yet you're still gonna like argue for them.
Speaker 1: It really does give dysfunctional family vibes.
Speaker 2: Like I can talk about my sister, but you can't talk about exactly like I can tell her, like I can tell you she's a crazy hot mess.
Speaker 3: You can't tell me she's a hot mess. I'll beat you up.
Speaker 1: That's true, especially how swift they are at voting for each other. They literally will be like I've known this person for thirty five years. We want to challenge together. I'm gonna nominate Avive to go in, like if I had to go against anybody, Like wait, what you just said you've known this person for a million, and you're like, ah, yeah, it's yeah, you're spot on.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Like they're just like I don't know, sorry about it. I don't want to say, oh, say true.
Speaker 1: And poor a Nissa keeps catching all these strays, and Niece's like I'm a beat drill up, like like yeah, poor Nissa keeps catching all these trays. You're but that is a very accurate assessment. Avery so good. You're so good at the political side. I mean you're good at the physical side too, because we saw this was literally so iconic, but you're also so great at thinking all the strategies and the strategics and all that. It's just one of the many things that we love about you. For the people that are now obsessed with you after watching this epic episode, like you should have a version of recording of it, and you should put it in one of those digital frames, just your elimination part, and you should just let it play over and over again in your house, like put it, put it up on the wall so that you could see it, because it was just so brilliantly done. How you stuck by your guns, were loyal to your word, and then kicked button elimination for those who want to follow you on social media because they're obsessed with you, Now where can they find you.
Speaker 3: I'm just pretty basic. So my name is Avery Trestler and it's on Instagram or TikTok or I think like even in Facebook, I'm just a underscore. Trust Like, I'm pretty pretty easy to follow, so I like it.
Speaker 1: You may be easy to follow, but you are not basic, and we saw that in this week's episode. Avery. Yes, we are so happy you came to visit us on the podcast. You are hilarious and so talented and we can't wait to see how you progress and navigate in this game. It is averytime, not.
Speaker 3: Not Tony time. Tony time is up. I am so dumb with that motherfucker. I'm so sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for coming to hang out with him.
Speaker 3: It has been a really good ef. Yeah. No, thank you guys so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Such a good episode. I'm so glad our girl Avery came. So let's talk with us about her legend episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one is going to go down in the books. Devin, tell the people where they can find you on the social of the medias.
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am. On the social of the media's you can find me at devinsmone dot com. It's an easy way to find me. If you're single, I can match you, so let me know. Go just see the matching ben. You can also find me on Instagram, TikTok now I know, same thing, Devin Simone, and Snapchat. Just look for the barfid account on all of them. Or of course you can tweet me and then We're having my dog Brooklyn's sweet sixteen birthday party this week on Just Between Us Live on Amazon. It's the show executive producing co hosts, so definitely check that out. If you're a real world Brooklyn fan, then you will remember him sixteen years ago, so I can't believe he's still kicking today. Where can the people find you, especially now that you're back and engage you on social media even though you never respond to the post. When I see see you, don't think I don't see that. I'm talking about Twitter specifically, I see that you don't respond. Go ahaid, You're back in these Twitter streets.
Speaker 2: But you can find me at Brooklyn's birthday party because I will be tuning in watching. And you can also find me in these social media streets at Davion and Diane underscore all social media.
Speaker 4: Platforms, and you can find us here. Yes you can.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for joining us for another episode, and tell all your fellows Challenge hands to come and listen, rate, and follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Leave us a five star review on Spotify. Really, just leave us a five star review everywhere. Okay, we appreciate it. Yeah, everywhere, And of course you join us every Thursday to hear brand new episodes of MTV's official Challenge podcasts, available wherever you get your podcasts, NIA Joshlyn Hiamount Podcasts