Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: TD Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call a touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us in the wee house in the morning. As the Dallas Cowboys beat the Pittsburgh Steen that's twenty to seventeen. Great throwing kick, Great throw by Dak Prefcott, great catch by Jayalen Tobert with twenty plus seconds on the clock as they win, go into Pittsburgh and win twenty to seventeen. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite uncle Shannon Sharp. He is your favorite number eighty five. His team lost. I want me a quick hondo today because I told I don't do that. We're gonna let you talking a bitting. We let you talking a bit it want me a quick hondo, but because that's what I do. Rod running exploring there. He's from Liberty City, Bengals, Ring of Fame, Artery or pro bowler, an all pro. That's Chad oh Cho Senko Johnson. But you can just call it bout yo. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button, and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts, and we thank you for counting. Thank you for staying up late with us tonight. We know it's late, and yes I do have first take in the morning, but I got to give you, guys what you ask for a ninety plus minutes tonight, a recap of today's game.
Speaker 3: Make sure you go check out Shade by Laportier. Listen.
Speaker 2: We're about to be in fourteen to sixteen states by the end of the year. If we're currently not in a state or city near you, go to the site order it and will ship it directly to your home. And because we do have it in stock and you will not have the delays that we had before, please go follow my media company's page on all platforms that Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The unkin Oho t's are back in stock. I repeat the unkin Oho t's. These two handsome guys on the front, and you can also get it with the tour dates on the back, or you can get it played.
Speaker 3: They are in stock. So thank you.
Speaker 2: If you ordered Merge within the last three weeks, it began shipping out last week, you should have seen should have received email confirmation that your order has been shipped. So hopefully over the next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, all the orders should be filled in place and you should have it in your possession. Thank you so much for supporting Nightcap. Please go vote for us on Signal Awards. Nightcount was nominated Best Live Podcast Recording. We have a narrow lead over New Heights and Best co Host Team with Hey we Moved Up. We were in fourth, now win third. Voting is open through October seventeenth. Just like the Webbits, you have to create an account and verify with your email again, you have to create an account and verify with your email Club Shayshe was also nominated for Award Pop Culture and Variety Show Best Athletes Shaping Culture in Show and the Best Individual Episode Best Guestkat Williams. Again, thank you for your support, O Choll. Let's get right into it. The Cowboys go on the road. A both defensive played really really well tonight twenty to seventeen. They win a wild game at the end. Both teams are now three and two. Give Dak press got a lot of credit. Twenty nine to forty two, three point fifty two, two touchdowns too interceptions. I say the mark of any great offensive defense. Can you you get done what you need to get done when you absolutely positively have to. Dak Prescott got done that off fifth got done what they needed to get done. It took him forth and goal, but a great bro a great catch, and they walk away with a twenty seventeenth victory.
Speaker 3: O Joe, what did you like about what you saw from the Cowboys?
Speaker 5: Listen where it came to the Cowboys to night I didn't expect obviously because of the conditions, the rains delayed.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure what Cowboys we were going to get tonight.
Speaker 5: From a defensive standpoint, the Cowboys played better defense than they did all year. This is kind of defense that they I think if they had played in other games, they would have won. Dak Prescott being clutched, like you said, being clutched when he has to be clutched when you got to make the plays. You say, the game of football is all about moments. When a moment a rise and he had to get it done, he got it done. Tobert had the hell of a game. He had seven catches for eighty seven yards, and the TD.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 6: I don't know how to say.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to say it without saying anything wrong. What we saw tonight from the Cowboys is perfect. Now, what we don't need after tonight's performance in a hostile environment against a very very good, very good team and the Steelers, is we don't need you know who, come and talk about you. You know what I'm trying to say, I'm trying to I'm trying to even jinx it. I don't know, want to Jinxes, Let Dak do the talking. Oh, Jerry talking, talking man. They already got Jerry. They already got Jerry, Jerry before before they go into the locker room. They already got Jerry down at the problem at the door. Listen, Allow that momentum, allow that chemistry, allow all that to jail within the team, and not how not allow him to come in and interrupt things.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, Look, congratulations to the Cowboys, but they're not going to play very many offenses that are as anemic as the Steelers. The offense is amic o, Joe, and I told you this is the problem. But they have twenty eight Russia's twenty six rushers ninety two yards justin fields fifteen to twenty seven one one. Oh Joe, yahho, You're not gonna win very many games throwing the ball FO one hundred and thirty one in today's NFL. Now, once upon a time, Ojo, you could win games like that. But it's harder and harder. And as good as the Steelers' defense is, their front seven is good, their back end is a little up. Is is a little inexperienced. And you see they got a position on Jayleen tober ran a shallow cross from one side to the other. Elliott like he was unsure, bro, you got to get on your horses and beat him to the point Ojo.
Speaker 3: He was like, do I got him? Damn? I don't, don't. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 2: And he like, bro, oh, Jo, that's gotta be a dead sprint because he's on a shallow cross and you ride it, you gotta realize you going over.
Speaker 3: So you got Ojo? If the options back, he got me, Ojo, he got me. He got me. Okay, hey, he got me. They game planing me.
Speaker 2: But you gotta thinking in that situation, they're probably not going to run the option because you don't want to run the chance of getting Dak hit in the back of the head because you don't know if they're coming with pressure or not. So more time than not is going to be on the dead run. Elliott seemed unsure of himself, like, ah, do I got him or not? And he wasn't booking it like he was supposed to book it. But I want to give Dak credit though, because Dak I thought played the will of a game. TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt and what's the other the linebacker hebring uh who is it? Yeah? Hebry her big? How they pronounci? Is he bringing herbie?
Speaker 2: But anyway, they were constantly in the backfield pressure in Dak. But that last drive showed me a lot. It showed me a lot. I think the biggest thing that helped Jalen Tobert is that CD Lamb was out training camp and he got those reps. He looks like a different receiver from last year to this year. And sometimes all that takes is a guy getting reps to get his confidence, like, yeah, I do belong, Yes I'm supposed to be here and I can make plays. If you look at him now compared to where he was last year, Ojo, he looks like a different receiver. You know.
Speaker 5: The good thing is is that's not only a good thing for Justin Tober, but that's a good thing for Dak. Yes now that he won't second gainst himself when he knows you know what, I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't. I can't go to City Lamb on this.
Speaker 5: Who are my other reliable targets I can count on to make a play when I need to play to be made.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Tobrah showed that tonight. And listen.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 5: That's always in your quarterback head. That's always in your quarterback head. So now he won't hesitate, He won't hesitate to come to you next time.
Speaker 6: We know what play needs to be made.
Speaker 3: Down Dale played well.
Speaker 2: He ran the ball, twenty rushers eighty seven yards, had a great touchdown catching that, did a great job of throwing the ball. But the biggest player of the night was da jumping on that fumble fumble. Yeah, Landon Roberts did a great job put his him at right on the football. That could have ended up badly, Ojo. That could have been ended a real, real bad We've seen plays like that happened before. But give that credit. Didn't try to do anything spectacular. Let me just get on this football. We got another down, Let's see what we can get done. And give him credit. But the Steelers gonna have to open Oho. You can't play it close to the vest. You can't play it close to the vest like that and hope at the end your defense hangs on.
Speaker 6: So what you're saying, we don't have to open up.
Speaker 3: That you're not Oho.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna win very many football games with two hundred with two hundred and twenty five total yards.
Speaker 6: You know who they get over the offense, wiz who Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: All kind of like with the Broncos opened up with bow knits. Oh never mine. But we'll talk about that a little later. We're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, yeah, yeah, you see the Bronco thirty four straight on.
Speaker 3: The Raiders hadn't beaten the Raiders since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 6: Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa. We talked about the Raiders. Now, come on, don do that.
Speaker 2: I thought you said they play football. That's what you tell me all the time. But I'll be saying that, come on.
Speaker 3: Hold on, that not the whole hole. So they don't play.
Speaker 6: You got you got a little bit too much dip on your chip now.
Speaker 3: I can say it. So they don't play.
Speaker 2: So Oakland don't play NFL football, Hall, I mean they do.
Speaker 6: You know, they going through some things right now. You know, you know they're going through some things right now.
Speaker 5: So I really wouldn't really wouldn't get too hyped and confident about about.
Speaker 2: Where I would get high, because I know somebody got a better record than you know who. But we're not talking about that. We're gonna get to that a little later. We're talking about the Cowboys three and two. Now they're three in the twenty twenty seventeen over the Pittsburgh Steelers. They go on the road Sunday Night football and they win a hard football game. And now I think they come home to Detroit. I think their next game against the Lions, a team that could run it the Cowboys, So at home, Yes, against the Lions.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be. That's gonna be. That's gonna be a challenge. Yeah, it's gonna be a difficult challenge, especially on defense. M hm, Well, you got you gotta be solid. You gotta be solid in the run game. Then you got to be on point in the pass game. They gonnat they're gonna test your all game and all three phase game the Lions. And the Lions is nice.
Speaker 3: They do a great job.
Speaker 2: Obviously you say the one two punch with Montgomery and Gibbs running the football, but they stretch you horizontally and vertically because Jamison Williams can get down the field of a hurry. And now they got those down that got those horizontals all my Saint Brown, and they got other guys that can get the ball. They signed Tim Patrick who's doing well Laporta, so they're a very they're a very vast offense that can do a lot of different things.
Speaker 3: They're not a player.
Speaker 2: They're not afraid to take their chances down the field. They're not a afraid to open up their playbook. This is gonna be a very big test for the Cowboys. But it's all also gonna be a test for the Lions defense, because the Lions defense a little on the back end, or they can get a little shaky too at time. So it's gonna be very interesting to see how this thing plays out. But give the cowboyd treadit. They go on the road, get a hard fought victory twenty seventeen over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Cowboys next six games at home against the Lions at forty nine Ers at Falcons, at home, against the Eagles at home, against the Texans at Washington.
Speaker 6: Hey, that next four to five, but that's a gauntlet.
Speaker 3: That could be a make or break for them.
Speaker 2: The Lions, they then they got Saturday night, Then they got Sunday night against the against the forty nine Ers, they at Falcons, they got Eagles, they got the Monday Night looks like it said Monday Night game against the Texans. And then they got the Commanders who's playing exceptionally well, so very well. Cowboys get a win. They needed it. Now they're three and two. Pittsburgh fall to three and two and a tie with the Ravens. The Ravens beat the Bengals in overtime forty one thirty eight. Lamar Jackson spearheaded to come back double digits multiple times in the fourth quarter, but Lamar Jackson would not let this team lose. Lamar picked apart the banged up Bengals secondary to the tune of three hundred and forty eight yards. He also had passed for four touchdowns, and he rushed for fifty five yards. In the first five periods of the game. The Ravens put up five hundred twenty yards on thirty first down. They needed every one of the Big Division wins. After the game, Burrow said it was frustrating that a team that started the year with title aspirations is no work close.
Speaker 3: We're not a championship level team right now. We're not.
Speaker 2: I like to think that we'll come back and prove throughout the season to get to that point. But right now we're not. We have to get it together. O Jo, do you want to play a change the playoff predictions?
Speaker 6: No, no, not at all, not all listen were in a hole, but we in the hole.
Speaker 5: I feel bad as a Bengal fan, as a Bengal player, as a former player. The game was good, though offensively, but it was good to see that offense look like it should have looked starting in week one. It was good to see that Bengals offense look how they look, how they always look. By the time to get a week three and so on. Defense still still a little shaky, Still a little shaky, a little shaky, well, I mean we shaky shaky, We shaky shaky. I don't know where this, I don't know where the statistics or the stats are, but we might be when it comes to stop in the run or in the past. We might be damned that at the bottom half of the league, at the bottom half of the league in both of those categories. But from an offensive standpoint, what you saw from t Higgins to day, what you saw from Yoshi, we just saw from from goddamn Jamar Chase, who's showing you that's why you pay him even if he has two years on his contract. I can take the ball. I can take small smoke screen to take him seventy something yards.
Speaker 3: Yep, I can go deep.
Speaker 5: I can do everything, no matter where we at. Just put the ball in those hands. Then we get the overtime. When we get to overtime, you have a two hundred and fifty million dollar fucking quarterback. That's not the time to play conservative. You put the ball in your two hundred and fifty million dollars quarterbacks hands and allow him to win you the game when it matters most. Like you said, the game of four all is all about moments. In a moment like that and a game that you need to win, an important division game to allow your two hundred and fifty million dollars quarterback to earn that goddamn check.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa? Put on all game on, all game, y'all care me.
Speaker 6: We're all game.
Speaker 5: We've been very successful. Weeditioned, we editioned, we dunking, we doing everything, but all of a sudden, when it matters most, everybody ass got tight. You run the ball three times in a row. Hold on, now, you run the ball three times in a row, right, and you put the pressure on mcfielson to make a fifty y'all field goal. We could just ran a normal offense you've been running all game, that's been working at all game. Open up your playbook. You got your quarterback. Come on, man, I will hot. Why we conservative and we're supposed to be trying to win the game you already won in three throw the kitchen, singing out the motherfucker's man. Damn run your offense, O god Lee, I'm looking at some of the goddamn stats. Uh hey, touchdown passes Joe Burrow twelve, he leading the NFL passer rating, Joe Burrow first, one hundred and thirteen point eight, he leading NFL. And completion percentage Joe Burrow seventy two point two percent. He's second past yage thirteen seventy, he's third forty plus completions yardage, he's tied for first. So what does that telling you? What does that telling you? Just based off the stats and what he doing at the quarterback position, despite it not reflecting what the record may show. When he has the ball in his hands, he's getting it done. From a quarterback perspective, Its just not enough, because we motherfucking won it. Four, But again and over time, what do we do We take the ball out of the man's hands and we give it to the running back three times? First down, second down, third down? Are we not trying to win the game? Are we running the ball? Why play conservative in that? Come on, man, give it at least give us a chance. At least at least give us a chance. I mean, we paid him that kind of money for a reason.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question, what role did that interception play in the Ravens getting back into this ball game and getting into overtime?
Speaker 6: It played, It played a big role. It played a big role.
Speaker 5: Listen when you when you say something, I'm with you when you're right. You can't make those kind of mistakes. You can't make those kind of costly mistakes. And the fact that they made that mistake, I think that's another reason why he took the ball out of his hands and ran the goddamn ball overtime to make sure the mistake didn't happen again.
Speaker 2: So white, White, I just want to know why Bingo fans mad at me because I point things out.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I don't want to know why they got five touchdowns?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, Joe, you know your defense currently is not playing very good. The last thing you can do is turn that ball over, right. You can't do that, So now keep moving it, keep moving the ball down in the field. Even if you sell them setting for a field goal. Now they need a touchdown to beat you, as opposed to a field goal to tie you. Right, the five touchdowns, Yes, he's playing well last The difference is that what are you gonna blame Joe Burrow last week? He's settling for he's settling for field goals. He got two field goals before he got those three touchdowns. The Washington Commanders got touchdowns when he was getting field goals. They were getting touchdown That's the difference. Okay, they had two double digit leads in the fourth quarter. At one point time, the score was twenty four to ten, twenty four fourteen. Let me take that back, twenty four fourteen, twenty four fourteen because the Ravens there was fourteen nine. They got a touchdown to what yes, it was twenty four to fourteen in the fourth and Lamar Jackson went into that phone booth, changed into that cap and became Superman again. At some point in time. Oh, Joe, it's not about that. You can look at the numbers. We used to kill Peyton. Peyton had gotty numbers every year, and everybody would say stats offt for losers because Tom Brady would throw for two hundred yards and win the ball game. Peyton have three hundred. Peyton would play a team he'd throw for three four hundred yards. They lose stat soft for losers. But it's funny how it changed. If we liked somebody. Joe Burrow is a very likable guy. Met him a couple of times. He's great, he's a great young man. But at the end of the day, Ojo, you know what it comes down to. You can't make those kinds of mistakes that he made knowing that my defense is not very good currently, because think about it, if they're going up and down the field driving seventy and eighty yard, what the hell you think you're gonna do. If you put them on a short field, they're gonna get the ball to his on They got bad conservative, He scared them, Zach Taylor got scared. He turned up all over late in the fourth quarter. They tied the ball game. And now instead of Ojo, instead of like going for it, they pull the rains back, So you can't do that, though I agree.
Speaker 5: Listen from a coach, Listen, I'm I'm in no position because I ain't no goddamn coach.
Speaker 6: All I do is play goddamn Madden.
Speaker 5: But from the outside, looking and understanding how we're doing as a team collectively, understand how our defense.
Speaker 6: Is not really playing well.
Speaker 5: You know, they're not saying well, they're not well against the run, they're not playing well against the pass.
Speaker 3: Who do I put the ball? Who put it in his hand?
Speaker 6: He's put it, even.
Speaker 5: Even with the mistake, even with the mistake of the turnover in the fourth quarter. You have no choice. There's the reason we paid him the money we paid him correct because times like that, in moments like this, when.
Speaker 6: We need a win, you put it in his hands.
Speaker 5: The office has been looking good all goddamn day. Just run your regular offense.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't pull the reins and then have your ass tight when it matters most, because that gets your beat. That got his beat, even with the even with the pick, we had the opportunity to win the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, Joe was thirty of thirty nine three ninety two five touchdowns, he normally plays well against the Ravens. I think he has a five hundred yard passing day. He has a four hundred something yard passing day, so he normally plays well. But in that situation in your running game, oh sho twenty three for seventy one, you really have it now. I'm not saying it's not going to get better, but as a right now, you haven't replaced Joe Mixon what he gave you in the run game. You had a couple of false starts that set you back behind the eight ball, killed some of your momentum. But you just got to find a way to win these games. Team and Chase were unbelievable. They had two hundred and seventy six yards combined on nineteen. They had sixteen target no they had twelve twenty six targets, nineteen catches, two seventy six and four touchdowns. Well, your star guys, skill position players, they did what they're supposed to be. They did what they were supposed to do. They did the thing. Sometimes it come down to one play an interception now because you probably you might have could have run the clock out. Because the one thing I don't want to have happened with the way I see Lamar Jackson player, I don't want to give the ball back on yo.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't want to get back to it.
Speaker 2: It's the guy Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Patrick Mahomes, guys like that. Okay, hold up, man, man, damn. They done came back. There only one score down. We can't give him that ball back. He gonna find a way now. First of all, you got that was a face mask on on Andrews. You got face master Joe and the referee standing right official standard right there side judge and didn't call it.
Speaker 6: He came up off, up and fast now making a tackle, yeah.
Speaker 2: If he wanted to make it a tackle. Andrews a screaming Andrews got the ball and what had he face?
Speaker 3: Math? He face math me? Uh, but it was it was a very excited game. This is what you know.
Speaker 2: You're dot in the a f C North. We don't normally get games like this. It's normally a black and blue division is normally more physical. But when you got these type of quarterbacks, Oh, Joe, and I don't want to pat myself on the back, But what did I tell the Ravens how to use deack Henry and over time you tell the people at home, and over time what they did.
Speaker 5: He is shoot him downhill, Shoot him downhill, straight downhill. Ain't gat b gap or just toss it to him with a full back in front.
Speaker 2: Put him in the eye. Yeah, put him in the eye exact. Deack Herritt is a long strider. Yeah, you put him in the offset. He's four yards from the line of scrimmage. He doesn't get a chance to addicuately read it. His heels need to be at eight yards. Put that birth card ricard who weighs three hundred pounds at a full back. Put him in front of it. It's a some picky hole. Oh yeah, and he goes and soon that they put him in the offset. The first play they line his hands up in the eye of the second place up to the races.
Speaker 3: He go, it's not that car. And I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it because lamar works. That works best with the offset is on reed scheme. He needs that threat. He wants that threat.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: But if to maximize both of them, because with the toss and the fake handoff with he in not eye, guy's gonna be wide open.
Speaker 3: Guy's gonna be wide open. But it was Lamar played.
Speaker 2: Lamar can't play any better than what he played twenty six to forty two, three forty eight four touchdown, only one sat uh and to play that one to h Lively likely? Yeah, I think the one that he fumbled Ojo because the clock was running down. Now. I don't know if he thought they were gonna call a time out or he wanted to get one more look at the defense, because they snapped the ball and the ball hit him in the chest.
Speaker 6: In the chest, it went right through his hands, a little bit right through anyone ready.
Speaker 2: I don't Maybe he was trying to get one last peak at the defense, Choe like, okay, I think this is what they're gonna do right here. Or maybe he did anticipate it, because the last thing you want to do is take a the lay of game right there. O Jo back itself up five yards and it looked like he went in looking to pick it up like he did the likely play earlier. Remember he thom of that one.
Speaker 3: He picked it up.
Speaker 6: That was nice, that was nice, But.
Speaker 2: They dodged a bullet because he probably would have liked man, he was a problem that that's on me.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 2: I gotta be prepared. I'm calling for the snap. I gotta be prepared for the snap. But fortunately for them, they dodged the bullet. Joe Burrow Lamar outdue Joe Burrow, if you can say that, Joe Burrow thirty and thirty nine three ninety two five touchdown, the one costly turnover they scored thirty eight. Lamar Jackson twenty six and forty two three forty eight four touchdown, clean game. Well, he had to turn over, so I'm sure they're going to attribute that turnover to him. Zay Flowers seven for one eleven. Colon played well today. Bateman played well today. Andrews. This is the best and Mark Andrews has looked since he returned from that broken ankle. Ojo likely as likely. He's gonna make his plays. He can start for a lot of different teams. And King Henry King here, Ris King here, damn oh Jo eleven carries for thirty yards in regulation. What that man is supposed to do with that?
Speaker 3: He's not. He's not one of those backs. He's a back that the more you give him the ball, the harder.
Speaker 2: He's like a diesel engine. The longer he runs, the cooler it gets. So the more you give Derrick Henry the ball, yeah, now I'm starting to get warmer. He don't feel warm to the fifteenth carry? Yeah, what do you want a fifteen carry?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Joe, damn near went to the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we played. We played the run really well. We played, we played played the run really left really well. I think that's why you know from a from a from a passing standpoint, while Lamar looks so good because he actually can he can pass. The fact that you have Derrick Henry, it just adds an additional threat to that offense outside of this, not Lamar's legs, but to his arm, to his arm as well.
Speaker 6: So I mean that in no means are they one dimensioned him.
Speaker 5: But Lamar did play a damn their damn their almost perfect game outside of that one fumble that hit his chest. And actually we should have we when it comes to us, for some reason, we always bangle.
Speaker 3: No y'all got no remember Huntley? Remember Huntley in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: The guy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he tried to go over the top, it got punched out and you got raided all the way back.
Speaker 3: So y'all don't. Yeah, all right, you're right, y'all don't normally, but y'all don't normally botch. No, that would normally go to the house. But give lamar.
Speaker 2: He scrambled around, hit the guy, gave his offensive linement enough time to get back there and recover and make the tackle, because that would have been the ball game, because obviously that's overtime, and so walk off any score ends the ball game. After rushing for one hundred and seventy five yards against the Bengals, the Ravens have outrushed their opponent by at least one hundred yards in all five games this season. That's the longest such streak by any team to artist season since nineteen thirty three, when yarded was fully tracked. They have now out rushed their opponents by seven hundred and fifty four yards. Out rushed them. I ain't say out out gained them in total yards. They rushed them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's crazy, hey, but that that would hurt though, man, that would hurt Hey.
Speaker 3: Ravens pain, aren't y'all glad JA couldn't find no money for King Henry damn man?
Speaker 6: Hey at one of four is it's it's it's never been done before.
Speaker 7: What but if I mean yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, huh you say playoffs is off the table because our next because they take sevent teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, we got we got the Giants next, and we got the Browns. Now to me, and this is no.
Speaker 5: Disrespect to those organizations what they have going on. The Giants they won to day against the Seahawks. I'm assuming it's a it's a it's a possible win. The Browns really not playing well, but again it's a division opponent. You know each other very well. So those games most of the time are close and really aren't blowouts. So I'm hoping, you know, those are two wins that we can get and get us to, you know, a better record than that we're at now. Hopefully we're three and four, you know, after after the after seven games.
Speaker 6: So man, it's tough man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, Joe, who talks more of trash Bengals players or the fans can remember brit was talking. Chase said, everybody know we're the team to be. Nobody goes into the season and the AFC thinking the Bengals are the team to beat. Let's take a listen to this video beatudressed, what's gonna beat us?
Speaker 3: Bengal Joe? Who that was? I don't know who that was?
Speaker 2: That's something now she put a little tipsy got our hands all on the man.
Speaker 3: You behave.
Speaker 5: Listen, one thing. You gotta believe in your team, just like you believe in the Broncos. You go, you're gonn you're gonna talk.
Speaker 2: Your We put my hands all on the playoffs that played for the for the opposing team, like, yeah, we're gonna beat y'all, and we're gonna beat y'all.
Speaker 6: That that that's called. That's called sportsmanship.
Speaker 3: Your field. Huh, keep your hands for yourself. Damn.
Speaker 6: That was a good game, man.
Speaker 3: But when you're gonna run me my hondie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't. I cash up you right now.
Speaker 3: I got that cash up.
Speaker 2: You got cash up, ass ass got it, George got damn George gotta fit Jordan money, give you all the line. We will give your money. Jordan to give it to me, all right, I said, But I knew money out of sight calls a fight every time.
Speaker 5: Listen, ain't ain't gonna be no fighting. I'm saying, I'm saving these hands for one person in particular. You know a former stealer, So I'm bad waiting on that.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh Joe bad, y'all, y'all gotta get it together. Oh yo, yeah, man, listen, I mean listen.
Speaker 5: I watched football and I love it because I'm invested into it as far as you know, enjoying it. When we ran that ball on first down and then we came back again, it ran it on second down, yeah, I said.
Speaker 6: I sat back in my chair. I said, I know, I know we're not doing this.
Speaker 5: I know we're not doing this and making a mistake and putting all the pressure on McPherson. They kick a fifty yard field goal, you maye not gonna run out offense just to make the field goal a little bit more feasible. Even though he has a good even though he has a good leg, he has a strong leg. He's a efficient from fifty yards and plus out. Why make it that much more difficult for him? And long behold that?
Speaker 3: But that wasn't don't y.
Speaker 5: Wait the placeholder drop the boom?
Speaker 3: How you nervous?
Speaker 6: That's your only I ain't gonna say nothing. I ain't gonna say nothing, but you're right.
Speaker 3: That's what we go do. That's what y'all did ain't what y'all go do. That's what y'all did right times.
Speaker 5: If I I'm not a reporter, I'm not a reporter, but from the outside looking in as a concern not just former player, but as a concern fan. In situations like that, you have to put your trust in your quarterback. Even with the mistake that happened in the fourth quarter. You're being in that kind of money for a reason. Ye run the office. We've been running the entire game, even in over time, even in overtime. You got the put the ball and trust in Joe's hands in that situation. I guarantee you if we come out with that win.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ravens, y'all want to send me a small donation for recommending how y'all should use deck Henry. I accept all accept big coins, US regulation coins, pennies, dives, nickels, quarters, Kennedy half dollars, silver dollars, and Susan B Anthony dollars, So any denomination will work for me. Oh, Joe Nine's time for our next segment. Gas on Grass, brought to you by our friends at Scott's Lawn Care. Bet you didn't know fall is the perfect time to feed your lawn. Give your lawna boosts with Scott's Turf Builder Winner Guard. Recover from the summer, Prep for the Winner, Scott's Winter Guard. Push your grass on the road to a recovery from damaged calls by summer heat. Feed your lawn Scott's Turf Builder winne guard this fall to build strong, deep grass roots for a better line next spring. Repair repairs from summer. Fund strengthens for the winner, Prepare for spring, secure for fall.
Speaker 3: Fund for you.
Speaker 2: Pick up a bag of Scott's Turf Built a Winner Guard today, Feed your lawn.
Speaker 3: Feed it.
Speaker 2: Today's most electric touchdown play of the day came deep in the fourth quarter, and your courtesy, we can't show it because we're not paying two million dollars to show you this video. Lamar Jackson bobbled a snap. He still farmed Sam Hubbard not once, but twice as he's running, rolling off balance, falling out of bound. He discarded a pass rusher, took a shot to the face, extended a play, and threw a touchdown pass to Zaia Likely How Lamar, how you saw it? Heo jack Listen. I tweeted it too, I say I tweeted it too. When the game was going, I said, well, God damn it, Lamar just won't go away. That young bull is unbelievable. I've been watching Lamassie was at boyd and Beach High School.
Speaker 6: I used to go.
Speaker 5: Why used to go and watches to see he was a superstar. He was a superstar back then. What are you doing in the NFL? Now, I've been seeing that before he even got the Louisville he was doing the same thing at Boyton Beach. But he did eat a real deal man.
Speaker 6: Just man that that that hurt man. We had opportunity. We had it right here. It was, it was, it was, it was in our hands.
Speaker 5: And I was at Twin Peaks that you know, I watched the football game the Twin Peak because they put on multiple TVs for the one o'clock games at once, so I you know, so I can enjoy. Right, there was a table of Ravens fans that sat that sat adjacent to me where I was sitting, you know, about two three tables over and every time we made a play. You know, I look on dining now, I look on down there. I ain't talking no trash now, I ain't talking no tracks. I ain't want to put my foot in them out and we when we recovered that fumble, we covered that fumble in overtime. I told the waitress. I was like, miss you could put this this coconut ice. You could give me a to go cover styrophone cup. Right forty kicked the ball. I went over to the section and I sat there and I just smiled.
Speaker 6: I ain't even say. I just smile because we're finna get this kick and we're finna win.
Speaker 5: When that god damn place over Baba, that snap damn and all them ravend fans went crazy.
Speaker 6: I will hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that hurt. That hurt because you know, the momentum swung. You guys had the momentum after Lamar Thumer the ball in overtime. Now you guys got the momentum. Heartbreaker.
Speaker 3: Moving on.
Speaker 2: Texans overcome miscues and escape on the last second field goal, a fifty nine yard field goal as time expired, beating the Buffalo Bells twenty three to twenty. Houston got off to a herd start, spreading to a fourteen to three first quarter lead sixty seven yard bomb from CJ. Stride to Nico Collins, but Nico suffered a hamstring injury and missed the rest of the game. Without the big play target, Stroud offense struggle with consistency for the rest of the game. The offense put up four hundred and twenty five yards, but only nine points in the final three quarters. It says a lot that Demiko Ryan clubs haven't played a complete game, but it's still four and one. Sunday marks the worst passing day of Josh Allen's career. He completed nine nine of thirty passes for one hundred and thirty one yards in a touchdown. The thirty percent completion rate was a career low for a star quarterback and the lowest percentage in a game with at least thirty attempts. In the past thirty seasons, Allen has never had a sub forty rate before today.
Speaker 3: His Stefan Diggs on what it meant to get to win over his former team, the Bills.
Speaker 8: Honestly, it makes a lot too held it in all these energy wise turn out to bring it up too much. Obviously, we had an interview of y I just try to keep it professional, but obviously in the back of our mind and making a lot to me at all.
Speaker 6: Wanted to do more showing than telling.
Speaker 8: You know, I played with a lot of passion and a.
Speaker 5: Lot of love.
Speaker 8: I can't I can't say I didn't think about this game when I got you, you know, one hundred if we played them, and.
Speaker 3: Then obviously it was on the schedule.
Speaker 8: Uh, But I take it one game at a time, and I knew when this game came about. I was just trying to take advantage and get a win from my team.
Speaker 6: And obviously it's emotional. I played with a lot of emotions.
Speaker 5: Emotion M.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen was god awful.
Speaker 2: Ain't no way, o Joe, ain't no where routed, if anybody else, if any quarterback, regardless of it being anybody, but anybody have nine of thirty one hundred and thirty one yards, we ripple.
Speaker 3: And they had a chance to win.
Speaker 2: They had was in the game, o Joel, had he done anything, had he done anything?
Speaker 3: They win this game? Ojoe? They got the rough yard twenty eight rush of one hundred and fifty yards kick.
Speaker 1: Cack.
Speaker 5: Wasn't the game out of hand at one point? Win the twenty four ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah? At one point? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And they couldn't get.
Speaker 6: One more field goal? Or one more touchdown to extend that lead.
Speaker 5: And again, when it comes to having the right weapons around you, and you don't have to be motherfucking superman. When you don't have to be super superman, he has Josh Allen has to put his cape on. Josh Allen has to do everything. Oh, we don't need Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 3: The number, the number number, The numbers.
Speaker 6: Look like that for a reason that.
Speaker 3: Different.
Speaker 5: You don't have a reliable target you can go to and count on every time you get under center, whether he a shotgun or whether you're under center. You know what, come Hella hot water? Who can I count on every time? Who can I bet on every time? If you think about it, Joe, they lost Gave Davis and they lost Diggs. They're two starting wide receivers. So basically the only guy should cure was the slot guy. Uh n ken out Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah coming on?
Speaker 5: U huh ke Coleman is he's coming on. He's not there yet, but he's going to be. He can be that that reliable target. He can be that security bank of Josh Allen for a little bit more consistency. They got to integrate him into the goddamn office more man.
Speaker 3: You got, you got.
Speaker 5: You got to integrate him to the office. I don't know, I don't know what they're doing over there, but.
Speaker 3: He looks good.
Speaker 2: Doing over the diving. But Josh have to play better. See the thing is, we don't need him to be historic, but he can't be historically banned either. Let us think now, think about how bad he was and they only lost by walk. They took a fifty nine yard field goal to beat him, So they have enough. They have enough talent on Joe. They do have enough talent. But if he plays like that, yeah, but not gonna beat anybody.
Speaker 3: And he can't. He can't. He can't. He can't. He can't. He can't play like that. He can't.
Speaker 2: He didn't turn it over. They had some big runs, but you know, he got tremendous legs as a big man. Once he gets ahead of steam, it's hard to get him down. But it's got They gotta be better. They gotta be better. It's really it's really that simple. Cj uh twenty thirty six, three thirty one, one touchdown, one interception, Cam Makers nine for forty two.
Speaker 3: Og Goombawale was fifteen or thirty. Hello, No, that was.
Speaker 2: That was the other game. We'll get to that. CJ had three for twenty seven. But like you said, once Nico went out, now all of a sudden, the big plays to be able to push the ball down in the field. Noya, We're gonna let y'all work all the underneath stuff. Because now here's the thing. Once you get into the red zone, what you're gonna run out the back of the end zone. It fields getting hard to get to guess, the condemned, It gets harder to score. Red throat is not an easy place to score. People like, oh that you and the red throat bro where you going? They know you're not gonna run No.
Speaker 5: Nine?
Speaker 3: Where you gonna run it?
Speaker 6: Damn man, Listen, the Texas pulled it out. The Texans pulled it out. See they Shroud played okay. He played okay, but it wasn't a normal game that we used to seeing from him.
Speaker 5: I don't like the fact that the offense stalled damn there the entirety of the game after what maybe maybe the second or third quarter. You know, they weren't able to put up put up the points, but they did move the ball just enough, you know, to be able to win the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they settle for a field goals though, Joe, it was what they had fourteen points early the first quarter and then they got nine over the last three quarters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Somebody tell Nico Collins holler at me.
Speaker 3: Right, beat the Jets in London.
Speaker 2: The bank of the end of their by week under feed is Sam Donald's five and oh ojo u do the Vikings sign him to a long term bill at a discount or or they wait for JJ to come back.
Speaker 6: Whoa, whoa? Hold on, wait a minute, and then now see this is perfect.
Speaker 5: This is perfect for Sam Donald because you're not You're not putting together this type of this early to stay with the Vikings. Oh, they are a team that you are a former former number one pick, right, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the number three pick in the draft. I think, oh yeah, he's number three behind Sam. He's number three. Baker went first, Saquon and I think Sam Donald was thirty three. Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: The only problem is you just went to the wrong team. That's all the wrong team drafted you.
Speaker 2: No, it's perfect, you said it earlier. It's perfect because he went to a team and the guy gets hurt he's not coming back. Now, you give me an opportunity, o cho to build a perfect portfolio. Okay, Okay, I think about I be able to show you anything because J J. McCarthy is gonna start, so I'm not gonna be able to show you anything. Guess what I get to do. I get to put together a portfolio over seventeen games, potentially playoffs.
Speaker 6: Okay, come get your boy. Yeah, okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: Now we're saying when he got drafted out of the USC, he went to the wrong organ y yea ya ya ya yea yea yea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's what I'm That's what I'm trying to say. But what are you doing right now? Is beautiful? What he's doing right now?
Speaker 5: Listen when JJ McCarthy went down, obviously, when Kirk Couttins left, I'm like, well, god, damn, who the hell won't get the god damn ball to JJ? Who the boy? Who the hell won't get the ball to eighteen? Okay, they drafted JJ McCarthy. I'm like, okay, okay, this won national championship. But when I thought about it, I'm like, but damn all Michigan did in college, all them boys did was running goddamn ball? Is he one that could facilitate the ball through the air?
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: He goes out, I'm like, but damn, who's up next, Sam Donald? So I think about Sam Donald on the forty nine ers A then looks too good. Sam Donald panthers ah, and then looks too good. Like okay, Sam DONALDY got drafted by the New York Jets. We know how that worked that after three years. So I didn't know what Sam Donald were gonna get. I didn't know the vankrups to be this good. This is the Sam Donald that's playing with confidence. Yeah, this is the Sam Donald's letting the rest of the NFL know and putting them on notice. Listen, like you said, I'm putting the portfolio together. I'm putting the resume together for those of you that need a quarterback after the season is over. This is what I can do when I had the right pieces around me, Come and get your boy.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, if you look at it, he didn't have these pieces. He didn't have a Justin Jefferson. Oh, he didn't have Addison, he didn't have who do they got now? Hawkinson even though he's not there right now. Who's the other guy? Munt the tight end called a couple of passes. They brought him Aaron Jones, who called him who Quincy Williams. But after at the end of the day, Aaron Rodgers need to play better. Yeah, he threw the receptions. There haven't been very many defenses in the history. I mean, you got to be a historic defense to overcome three turnovers because what you do some of them might be a pick six, which one was you put him on a short field. But and so now they're scoring basically on your possessions. Make it, make them score on theirs. I'm not gonna give you issh on my possessions. And he threw three interceptions, including two in the first quarter, a career first, including a pick six putting the Jets up seventeen to nothing, and then the two of the three. The Jets are two and three for the first time in Aaron Rodgers under five hundred through five starts with twenty twelve. Quincy Williams, Jets linebacker, was kicked off after the loss. Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 6: Oh, I ain't here this.
Speaker 3: Like I said, people gotta start taking accountability.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 6: People get tired of hitting the same thing every week.
Speaker 3: See what you need to do.
Speaker 6: I'm tired of saying the same thing here week. For me, I need to start working on being the leader more.
Speaker 2: That's the main thing, accountability. Yeah, Aaron, Aaron didnt play good. Those interceptions was terrible. Why would you throw on Okay, you're trying to throw back the fad? How you gonna throw a back shoulder fade that far inside? O yo? That stuff that you work on in mindy camp shouldn't have went them my bag. That's take off.
Speaker 3: You know this.
Speaker 6: I have a question a chat.
Speaker 3: Listen to me.
Speaker 6: Think about the Aaron Rodgers at green Bay.
Speaker 5: Think about the Aaron Rodgers at green Bay and the back shoulder fades that he continues to hit over and over and over and over, whether it be Davante Adams.
Speaker 2: Jordan Nelson, Greg Donald Driver, dude, should not do I do?
Speaker 3: I need to go home.
Speaker 5: It worked consistently, over and over and over and over and over. Now with Garrett Wilson, now we're out of Lazard. The chemistry ain't there, Mike Williams, It ain't there, Mike Williams. The Chemira str ain't there. I haven't seen him hit the back shoulder fade which he's with the back shoulder. I haven't seen it work yet, and it's a it's a huge chunk play that gives a dB no chance to.
Speaker 3: Make a play on the ball.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it work yet. I seen it skip the ground. I see it hit the ground. I see it be too far right. I see it be too far left.
Speaker 3: Miss any miss Gary Wilson on the throw that would have won the game.
Speaker 2: Probably remember when the Gary Wilson put stopped and then wheeled up the sideline and he.
Speaker 6: Overshot it overshoting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but things like that. But you know, don't worry about it. He don't have to.
Speaker 2: He got four MVPs. That's what the fans tell me. He don't need to work on it, so they don't work on it. You've never thrown one ball to those guys. I mean you did in camp, but Gary Wilson, and you see a lot of times in minute in training camp that was on the sideline having a discussion. Gary Wilson's like, okay, where you want me? I want you here, but I want it over there. So those are things that you work on. Mike Williams had no chance. That ball was so far inside. Mm hm that the DP, I mean thinking about how far it was inside. Because the DP is on the inside shoulders. That's why the back show the work because he's inside. So when so when the wide receiver opens up, it's on his back shoulder, there's nothing because I got your pen here.
Speaker 3: You already here, so when I open up and do that, now, I got your pen here.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was That was a good play. That was a good play by That was at the end right, but Gilmore picked it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, that was that. But that's what that's But that's what needs to happen.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: I got to listen. The thing is is that what Rogers need to understand.
Speaker 2: They can't run the football lit so it puts an immense amount of pressure on them to be great in the passing game. Right now, they haven't found a chemistry. I mean, this was Garrett Wilson's best best day. He had thirteen for a bucko one Oh joe, he had twenty two targets. I've never heard somebody have it. Okay, let me take that back. When caught twenty passes. Obviously he had to have twenty plus target when Brandon Marshall broke the broke t O's rector, he had to have at least twenty targets. But do you under Chad, do y'all understand how many twenty two targets is?
Speaker 6: That's a lot?
Speaker 2: Man, Man, I try to go five I might go five games and not get twenty two targets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got game.
Speaker 5: They try to get him that ball today. They try to give him that ball to day and get him rolling, try to get him in that ball and get him rolling today.
Speaker 3: It just.
Speaker 6: I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Listen, whenever you have a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers, you have a chance. It gives you a chance because of experience and what he's able to do with the ball in his hands. But when it's good, it's really good.
Speaker 3: When it's bad, not with fourteen rush for thirty six yards, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe at this stage of his career he can consistently beat win games throwing the football like he's throwing it today.
Speaker 3: Hell hell no, I don't buy it. I don't buy it.
Speaker 2: They got to clean upon JJ You gotta put that in your back pocket. Though you almost threw it back to salt gardener. You remember the hour right he ran on your laid the ball game. He almost threw it back in the sauce's hands. Got to put that in your back pocket. That's why, that's why you the highest paid, That's why they look at think about it.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: They were just looking for him on that last on that last they were just looking for him. Yeah, they ain't thought about him. You we pay you thirty five MILLIONE. Go get it, bro, go get it. Got to put down your back pocket, JJ. But good game overall. Nick Bullen's came in, Oh Joe, he came in and threw one after Sam Donald got hurt. Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: But hey, what's the extent of Sam donald injury?
Speaker 3: Is it bad?
Speaker 1: Bad?
Speaker 3: Well, they're on a five week so he has an extra week to recover.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, but the Jets they're not good enough to overcome the kind of play that Aaron Rodgers. What's the difference between what he did and Sam Donald? What's the difference between Zach Wilson and him? He just got, He just got. He just more distinguished he just more credented. That's the kind of play that that's the kind that Wilson gave you. Three interceptions. Defense, not that they're not historical they're a good defense. They're not historically good good. Yeah, they're good defense. They're solid, solid now they're not oh dag oh yo, man, we got out work cut off for. They ain't that kind of defense. Man, we got out work cut out for today. O yo, I don't know how we're gonna They're not that. They're not the seventies Steelers, eighty five, eighty six Bears. They're not two thousand Ravens, oh two Bucks, the Legion of Boom.
Speaker 3: They're not that.
Speaker 2: They're a good, solid defense in today's game. They're solid defense. Nothing day they like like I said, oh Joe, I don't know how you feel about this with don't yo listen.
Speaker 3: They don't be listening that kind of response.
Speaker 6: But nice, they're nice.
Speaker 2: Minnesota five and oh Jeffs fall to two and three. Who did Jets play next week? Mhm, just got the bills next week? Well, y'all, y'all talking about Jack Zach Wilson never threw just one interception, bro y'all had the same record y'all were last year with Zach Wilson. Y'all just got y'all just got y'all just got a nicer car that you can't drive.
Speaker 3: What's the difference?
Speaker 2: Oh so y'all happy, y'all got a quarterback that's distinguished, that's credential, But your record says the same.
Speaker 3: I'm confused, Uh, taking it pretty lady out and she ain't gonna do nothing, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What is?
Speaker 3: Then? Don't yoe.
Speaker 6: You say taking out and sing? Gonna do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You get them, bought the cars.
Speaker 2: Bought flowers, took it to the movie, got a fancy dinner and she said, I'm ready to go home.
Speaker 3: And not with you?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: They gotta get this turned around? You think?
Speaker 2: Hold on, y'all fan, y'all brought y'all bought Aaron Rodgerson to be two and three or five games? Then is that what y'all brought him in there for? I just want to know, y'all Just let me know what y'all. So, okay, fine, if that's what y'all brought him in there for. Okay, Aaron one of those MVPs in Green Bay did y'all hear Tom Brady? Tom Brady said when he went to Tampa. This is what Brady said. I said the same thing on air because I had done it before.
Speaker 3: Tom.
Speaker 2: I was a back to back Super Bowl for first team All Pro, seven straight Pro Bowls.
Speaker 3: What did they gotta do with Baltimore. I ain't do none of that for Baltimore. Tom says.
Speaker 2: What I had done in New England now ain't got nothing to do with Tampa. I wasn't going there riding that. But I know somebody that is. But we're gonna move it along, Ojo, We're gonna move it along. We're gonna move it along. The Commanders beat the Browns thirty four to thirteen. Washington might have the NFL's best offense. No team has been as high powered as the Commanders over the pass four games. During that stretch, the Commanders are averaging thirty four points a game four hundred and nine yards. Washington is not averaging thirty one points for the season. Jade and Daniels, clearly in the MVP race, can't hurt teams even when he's struggling. He did not have his best, you know, best game two hundred and thirty eight yards passing, but he ran for eighty two more. O Joe the Washington has a mass two hundred and ninety eight of his four hundred and thirty four toty yards on just eight plays. The offense hurt Cleveland all game long with explosive plays. The Commanders are the first team since nineteen seventy Merger to score one hundred and fifty plus points in the first five games of the season while starting a rookie quarterback.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how a franchise turns completely around when you get a quarterback. It's amazing. How you look the Commanders were four and twelve last year. Uh yeah, manas were four and twelve last year. You get a quarterback, not just any quarterback, a very very good quarterback. You get a ten year, franchised changing quarterback.
Speaker 6: And this is what you get.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: This is why you pay him the big bucks. This is why you invest in them.
Speaker 5: This is why you go back and you talk to the elementary teachers before you draft them, before you draft from number one and number two overall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is what you get.
Speaker 5: You get an adequate quarterback, a dual threat quarterback, who is by by by way before anybody tries to say he's a running quarterback, No, he's a past first quarterback and the only runs. If that he has no other choice, then he's accurate.
Speaker 2: On Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Ok Today today wasn't if but o Joe. But he was throwing some high wrist up. He was throwing the ball down the field. Oh yeah, he was letting the rip. Now, he was letting the rip gun slinger. You know what.
Speaker 6: Mclauren died there somewhere.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Brown, that Helmie Brown, he died there something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let it.
Speaker 6: They got me. Yeah right, I'm gonna ride that. I'm me ride that wave with him too, ship, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Run the football, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Thirty four rushers, two hundred and fifteen yards, Jane Daniels eleven for eighty two, Austin Ecklers six for sixty seven, McNichols seven for forty four. Okay, okay, that'll work now. Oh y'all gotta stop the run now, I'm gonna play. After you give Cliff kings Bury his credit. Oh yeah, he didn't have his finest showing as a head coach, but there's no denying this man offensive brilliance and his ability to be on the same wavelength as his quarterback.
Speaker 3: Give dq Dan Quinn. Okay, this quarterback.
Speaker 2: I need somebody that can work with a quarterback that has these kind of legs, the zone read that's collegy and we can work this stuff and integrated into an NFL system and be successful.
Speaker 3: I know a guy and that mofo out of work. Hey Claire, do you want a job?
Speaker 6: M One thing about it.
Speaker 2: The most important thing you can do if you're taking a quarterback high is to get somebody that can work with it.
Speaker 3: That is the most important thing.
Speaker 2: You get a defensive guy and then they hire enough and they got somebody that's not good that can work with his skill set because all quarterback I mean't hire somebody to coach Peyton Manning like I would Jaydon Daniels.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm just not.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna hire somebody to coach Tom Brady like I would Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: I'm just not. They have two different skill sets.
Speaker 6: Completely.
Speaker 3: But man, that young man dealing o jo.
Speaker 6: Were you gonna take your glasses off?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all don't know what to say about DeShawn bro I'm running out of words, O Joe. At some point in time, Oh Joe, just gotta stop.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Cleveland has the top more than eighteen points in the game this season. The Browns in the Week five with the worst third down offense in the NFL, and they could.
Speaker 3: They failed.
Speaker 2: They failed to convert all twelve of their third down attempts today with DeShawn in the game, O Joe. At some point time, OYO, Hey, I got a question yet, Listen, what.
Speaker 6: What's the issue? What's the issue?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Is? It?
Speaker 6: Is it mental? Is it the play calling?
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you think it is?
Speaker 6: And I'm confused.
Speaker 5: I've been watching football for a long time, for a very long time, and the and the nose that in the nose Dave that that I've seen from a personal standpoint of arguably maybe a top three quarterback when he was with with the Texans, to what the version of the Shawn Jackson Sean the version of Deshaun Watson I'm.
Speaker 3: Seeing now he's not himself.
Speaker 1: How in such a short amount of bargain injury the only pow the only time, O Joe, I can say I've seen this kind of drop off from anything hold on, it's through injury.
Speaker 3: Injury.
Speaker 2: If you have a significant injury, that would explain it. I could offer you. O Joe, man, you know the man towards he tours ptel attendant. Oh Joe, you know the man towards a key lead. He had back to back ACL surgery. Oh Joe, he almost had his shoulder ripped off the bone. So that would explain the cataclysmic drop in its play. But I don't see an injury that would cause it. This is up here, Yeah, it's it's mental.
Speaker 3: It's mental.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: You listen, do you know how hard that is to get back, especially at that position?
Speaker 3: Yes, because.
Speaker 5: Hey listen, if you if you messed up mentally here and at the quarterback position, you got the ball in your hands every time. So your judgment in your mind, it already got to be clear. Because if your judgment in your mind and you're not healthy as well, on top of that, you'll never be you'll never be able to play well, You'll never be able to excel with that position. I think I was thinking about it. I'm looking at I was thinking about it early to day, but god, damn, I'm looking at But Dan, the Browns got a Mark Cooper, you got Nick Chubb coming back soon, maybe I think maybe two weeks maybe even.
Speaker 3: In Djoku Elijah.
Speaker 5: Elijah wore you brought him, You brought him a young bull. Yeah, why I'm going blank right now. You got you brought him a young boy, Jerry Judy. You know, I'm like, what, Okay, we're good, We're good. We we I'm talking about were good. I'm just saying from a as a fan, as a as a fan of Deshaun Wahston, as a fan of some of the young bulls over there, man that I enjoy watching, I'm like, Okay, they gonna compete. They're gonna compete. They gonna have a chance, you know, in the FC North. And it's just it's not what I envision based on what I've seen in the past. And I really I can't put my hands on it on.
Speaker 6: Why they look the way they do.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, he don't even move the same.
Speaker 2: You don't look the same in the pocket, and and and and I think, you know, look, I'm not here to try to rehash and rethink anything, but I think that that.
Speaker 3: That that weighed a lot on his mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a weighed a hell of a lot on his mind, and he was he's he hasn't been the same. And I think everybody knows that I'm not breaking o Joe, You and I not breaking news. No, no, no, everybody knows they I saw the guy. He led the league his last year starting in Houston. He led the NFL in passing yards.
Speaker 3: He did that.
Speaker 2: I'm not so sure, Deshaun, he's the twenty twenty ninth, thirty, thirty, first, thirty second.
Speaker 3: He's a bottom five quarterback currently.
Speaker 2: Look at Joe Flacoh and Indy, look at what Joe Flacco did in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Joe Flack.
Speaker 2: Joe Flacco is if I'm not mistaken, I think I read this is eight days younger than Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 5: Mam hey joeah, yoh, Joe.
Speaker 2: That yes, yes, it's because I think sometimes, Ojo, when you have an image, yeah, and and then all of a sudden that image is not what was being portrayed mm hmm, and people start to, like you start to.
Speaker 3: Think, how do they how do they look at me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: How do they perceive me? And that plays with you because you're out in the public. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: If somebody I would have been so I'd have lost a lot of money, O Joe if somebody would have said, Shannon, he's never gonna be the same again.
Speaker 3: You mind? Hold on, hold on, hold on?
Speaker 2: Is he gonna have Shannon, He's not gonna have a career threatening injury, He's not gonna have anything.
Speaker 3: Nope, He's just not gonna be the same. I said, bet.
Speaker 6: I would, I would have betted on it. I would have bet it with the quickness too. I know, I know it. I know what I've seen from him. I know what I've seen, and I've just I've just never seen.
Speaker 5: A performance decline in such a fast rate, especially.
Speaker 6: When you have better, a better supporting cast, and what you had in Houston.
Speaker 2: And he's young, and oh Joe, it wasn't like he's thirty did thirty? He can't because he came out he's twenty nine.
Speaker 5: I got a better question for you. How did we get him back to the older Sean? How do we fix the problem? To mask your question?
Speaker 2: Do you how do we fix the issues in professional sports? When have you seen a guy have this kind of participitous drop and bounce back up? Name the sport football, basketball, base ball.
Speaker 6: It ain't never happened on.
Speaker 3: It's hard, oh yo, because so much of sports is physical.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've seen guys that had talent, but if you're weak minded mentally, that's where you have to be the strongest.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do they say the best athletes have? What the strongest mentality? Yeah, because that's everything. You have to have a self belief that I'm the baddest mofo on this field. This Gord, this the diamond, this, whatever the case, whatever your avenue, this court, what serena, whatever your arena is.
Speaker 3: You have the mindset that I'm the baddest mofo here, right.
Speaker 2: Because a lot bro tarm Brady at the most talented quarterback, not even close. He might not, he might not be in the top one. As far as talent I'm talking about. I'm talking about physical talent. You know what I'm saying. I'm talking about the ability to run, jump, arm strength.
Speaker 5: But that joke of mine, that's that's what they beat you at him Man, Peyton, Drew Brees, that's where they beat you at hun.
Speaker 6: They beat you upstairs.
Speaker 2: All that coach feed to Tom old Man, that's a great I'm listening and I tend to tell people how do you know, I said, I'm telling you how they think. Let me tell you we did a lot of this too. They gonna tell you what a great team that is. And they're really, really tough, they're really disciplined, they're really well coached. But in that closed door, behind that meeting, Belichick is telling me we'll kick their ass. And Tom Brady's in that meeting telling them that practice, we're gonna kick their ass. They don't deserve to be on the field, but we're gonna keep hyping them up. He actually believed that. And what great leaders can do, they can convince others around them to believe just like they are. Right, they believe just what Tom was so great and so believable. Mm hm, guys, we're gonna keep We're gonna do this.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do this.
Speaker 2: Man here what Tom saying? Man, we dying fourteen. Tom said, we're coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we coming back. Yeah, we coming back.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: That's how it works. I don't think Deshaun, I don't think his what happened, same thing. Look at Ben Simmons. Look at Ben Simmons in basketball Low Joe oh All Defensive All Star, All NBA Rookie of the Year. Yeah, he got hurt, but the mentality was, is that what happened in Philly?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 2: Remember I said it. I said, he never gonna be the same. His coach criticized him, and the best player on the team criticized.
Speaker 3: Say it's over. I said, he done in Philly.
Speaker 5: But stuff like that shouldn't break you. That's that's motivating right there, Oh Joe, but you have to that's motivating. I ain't what I I'm I'm who I'm what.
Speaker 2: Let me ask your question. Okay, it's okay, it's it's fourth and five. They call a play for you.
Speaker 5: You said, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold.
Speaker 3: On what down?
Speaker 1: What down? It is?
Speaker 3: It's fourth and five?
Speaker 5: Okay, okayd no, they called the play, called him play call the play.
Speaker 3: Let's say we're gonna call two hundred jed X flamt that's you, you the X.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No, but this is what you do.
Speaker 2: You'd have lost your confidence so bad, you like Carson throw TJ the ball?
Speaker 3: Oh hell no, and you got hair?
Speaker 5: No, you got me fun? What but fourth and five and you know it's Ford down and they finn play man and man.
Speaker 2: Man, you remember that game when it played at They passed Ben Simmons the ball.
Speaker 3: And Ben Simmons passed it right there.
Speaker 5: Hey, when he had the lay up and he passed it off. I remember the player.
Speaker 3: You see it now, you see what I'm talking about. I remember that.
Speaker 6: I remember that.
Speaker 5: But hold on, but he lost his confidence. That bad when you just want to make a layup or.
Speaker 2: Yes, because he didn't want to run the risk of getting fouled and have to get go to the free throw line.
Speaker 3: Oh he is.
Speaker 6: He likes shock at the free throw Line's the difference.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe.
Speaker 2: See, here's the thing. I can teach you to swim if you're not afraid of the water. If you're afraid of water, I can't teach you how to swim, right.
Speaker 6: Damn man.
Speaker 3: So that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Look in baseball, Chuck knob Block, he couldn't throw the ball. He was second base, but he couldn't throw it the first base. Steve Sacks ran into a little bit of a little problem like that Ian Baker fish that had the yift.
Speaker 3: David do ball. They were never the same. They were never the same.
Speaker 2: They got the yips and Chuck knob Block uh uh what was the uh the picture for the Cardinals. They ended up having a uh uh, what's his name? Remember the picture from the cars. They end up moving him to the outfield. He was a picture. He lost his confidence, he couldn't find the plate. They end up moving him to the Rick with Rick can't kill. I think that's who it was. Wasn't he a picture?
Speaker 3: Yes? Rick, a half of man.
Speaker 2: Lose your confidence on Joe because the sports is everything. That's all we got. Yeah, you need to be some half, some level of talent. Now, the guys that have the talent and they have the mit. Now you get a Michael, you get a Kobe, you get a Lebron, you get a Magic Johnson, you get you get Jerry.
Speaker 3: Rice's and the Randy Mosses and the Tayor Loewids.
Speaker 2: You get the Reggie White and the Lawrence Taylors and the Dion Sanders.
Speaker 3: That's what you get. Yeah, did you get guys like that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 5: You get a dude who changed the goddamn last name to a number that don't make it, no goddamn god damn.
Speaker 3: All his body.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know the type of hey, when you sit back and think about it.
Speaker 6: How crazy that is the type of confidence I had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, I'm I would never put myself in the tier with Randy and TiO them, you know, I'm I was more to me.
Speaker 6: I was about entertainment and having fun.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: But you know how nutty and crazy and confident you have to be for me to go to the courthouse to tell a judge I'm gonna pay this money because I want to change my name to a number that snates with my jersey.
Speaker 6: But not only does the names fell wrong. Now that's that's nutty, but that ain't even confidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 6: I believe in me.
Speaker 3: You get I mean, you get a megatron, a guy that's extreme. Look at that. Look at that. I mean the guy is six foot five, two thirty five two forty running four to three oh three.
Speaker 2: So when you get you get that, you get the perfect storm. But and Stefans get the head coach of the Cleveland Brown says we're staying with Deshaun.
Speaker 6: I mean he has to say that.
Speaker 5: What can you say, especially when you have you're playing a quarterback that kind of money, who has a guarantee you contract of what two thirty two twenty whatever, whatever it.
Speaker 6: Maybe you got to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, o Joe.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the next game, I want to recognize our first tour sponsor, Oli popp Ali.
Speaker 6: You got one too, No no, no, no, no, no seit I didn't drink or I didn't drink all mine.
Speaker 3: It's a new kind of soda. Taste great. Have five frid gram the sugar.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, hey, do me a favor, Do me a favorite for the chat real quick.
Speaker 5: See if you can you know, hey, see if you can check it all in one in one walk, and we're gonna cheer you on.
Speaker 2: No, I gotta, I gotta go to bed. I'll be up all night peeing. I got the blat of a ninety year old. Oh no, I'm done right now. That's all I man. I ain't gonna be able to first of all, drinking this out here, to stop drinking tea because I be I'll be up all night. Go into the bathroom. I need to give me a slop jar and put inside the bed. Anybody will know it. And growing up in the forty fifty and sixties, yeah they did. They had our houses, but they had they call them night pots or slop jars. They would put them side the bed and they would peel a poop in them and then they take them out the next morning.
Speaker 6: So I know, so they ain't had to get up, Yeah, because.
Speaker 3: Hell now you don't want to go to our house in the middle of the night.
Speaker 5: Night okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, but we hit in the woods.
Speaker 2: We ain't have the so that's what that was. But my favorite, this is my favorite. If you notice, O Joe, I really, I'm really a ginger ale guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Once they told him, you know, when we was talking to him and they're like, I was like, you got ginger ale. It's like, yeah, as a matter of fact, we do. I said, well, let me let you boy get some of that ginger ale because I lt with gingerrel.
Speaker 3: But nah, I'm done. That's that's all I could drink for the night. Man, I'm not.
Speaker 2: First of all, I got to get up at about about five and a half hours. Anyway, you got to get up in five hours, yeah, I gotta. I gotta, yeah, matter of fact, you to first take I got a flight.
Speaker 6: I gotta beat that.
Speaker 5: They say another hurricane is coming. Yeah, so I got to leave two days early to make sure I don't get stuck here. So I'm already on up in the Midwest a little bit so i can get to and from work. And I'm hoping, I'm hoping to turn. I'm hoping a curve or whatever. But we just we just dealt with a hurricane and now we got anohing one coming our way again.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping. I'm hoping to stay out there in that ocean.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah,