Speaker 1: The best Bits of the week with Morgan. It's listener Q and daytime. We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: It's time for part two. We've got listener questions, Amy, are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: Ready? We got shout outs to start.
Speaker 2: We've got Kelsey from Florida, who said, my favorite duo love when you two chat. Then we've got Kiera and Hawaii who's been listening for years and admires how much growth you've had.
Speaker 3: It's very inspiring. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: And then we've got the best bits Positivity hour. You two are the best. That's Scretchen and Idaho and Amy and Morgan. Best bits are Elite. That's Sarah from Tennessee Elite. Yeah, late, we got all the compliments to start. What is your favorite part of parenting teenagers? Rebecca in New Mexico.
Speaker 4: I think just them getting older and having more substantial conversations. I think that that's been a fun part in just watching them develop and their personalities really start to come out, and you see who they are as individuals, and watching them grow and thrive. At least for me, that's probably been the best part. Is it true that when they get older, you have more concern.
Speaker 3: That grows for them. Does that happen?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I think once I start driving, there's that they have this more freedom, and then they're friendships and there's the normal high school stuff and what are they involved in? And that's what Life three sixties for you.
Speaker 3: Just love that.
Speaker 2: I really feel like you need an advertising with Life three sixty.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm I'm on it all the time. Like I could be like, oh, where are they right now? Are they walking? I mean Stevenson, he rides his bike a lot, like I can see exactly where he is. That's just it gives you peace of mind. Now, I don't over or what's the sort I'm looking for? I don't obsess over it as a mom. Like if Stasher is out with her friends, I will maybe check it once. Some nights I don't even check it. I just trust that's where she is. But sometimes I'll be like, oh, wait a second, where is she right now? And then I'll see like, oh, she went from you know, this Mexican restaurant to Sonic and that's what they do then to swig like they.
Speaker 3: Just bounced around a restaurant hop.
Speaker 4: And she's from what I can tell, she's not into certain things that I certainly was into in high school, and I'm very thankful for that, and that might change. But it's her senior year and she hasn't yet like really gotten into partying or anything. And so if like she wants to go hang out at Sonic late.
Speaker 3: Night, okay, yeah, you're like, I'll take that. That's right.
Speaker 4: So we'll see what happens when she goes off to college. Like you know, I try to have open, honest conversations her about that. That's probably like the cringiest part of being a parent sometimes is like, Okay, I'm gonna have to have this conversation right now, and I want to talk about it, but my mom didn't talk to me, and I would much rather have, you know, the boyfriend girlfriend conversations and the drinking conversations and drugs then then just ignore it. And I'm like, Okay, well, they're going to do what they're going to do. But just watching them grow and develop, sure you worry, but I think there's all different phases until they're maybe finally off on their own. But I can't speak to that yet because I'm not on that phase.
Speaker 2: Okay, I does Stevenson still go buy his nickname at school? In track James in Virginia.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the moose. Yeah.
Speaker 4: His birthday was what in August and he asked for a new moose T shirt because he outgrew the one from last year that gave him the nickname.
Speaker 3: That shirt is what gave him that nickname.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would show up to practice with his moose shirt and they were.
Speaker 2: Like moose okay, and they still call him that. Does anybody else like besides track?
Speaker 4: No, I mean they mostly call him Stevenson, but it's like a thing at least for him, and occasionally, like some of the kids will say it, but it's not like an overall like everyone at school is like moose.
Speaker 3: The moose.
Speaker 2: That could become a thing for him in high school though, you know, because high school I really feel like is where your nicknames well we develop.
Speaker 4: I know, maybe we need to campaign for that. Maybe, I'm like Stevenson, we really need to push this thing because it'd be cute.
Speaker 1: Booth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the state cross country, I mean his race. Last night we were talking about for state maybe we should blow his head up, like really big on a I don't know what they call those but he know those things they stick on the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's like a cutout.
Speaker 4: But you can do it with heads, and like we have them at different things, and we like really cheer them on because sometimes it's like a you know not sometimes a lot of times adrenaline will give you that extra boost that you need. And we're like, maybe we divide and conquer on the course because you can't be at all parts of the course.
Speaker 3: But if we we.
Speaker 1: Know the.
Speaker 4: We know which way they're going to go, and then we station people like our family and friends at different parts. Like every quarter mile in the course there's like a Stevenson head and someone.
Speaker 3: Yelling at him.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm like, I feel like that might motivate him because right now I don't have that all coordinated and I can only be like this, dad, and I can only be like two or three different spots throughout the race, because you're I mean, last night, I was running and that's the most I've ran to make it back to the finish line in time, and I was out of breath. But I was thinking we were very strategic about it, then we might give him those adrenaline bursts a quarter mile.
Speaker 2: Very much is a thing and you should totally do that. But also I'm advocating for getting a blow up moose's head.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I needed a moose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you can do his head. You should and at least you can know who you're cheering for. But also if you get like an inflatable moose of somehind, I think he would love that.
Speaker 4: I think they'd be like, ma'am, there are no inflatable moose allowed on the course.
Speaker 2: Blow it up ball like, don't show anybody, then blow it up when you're seeing me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I just need to maybe get myself into a full blown moose costume.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, he would love that. Will you ever remarry if it is the right time Stephanie and Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know when that right time will be, but yes I would.
Speaker 2: Would you want a big wedding or would you want like a small wedding?
Speaker 3: Have you ever thought about that?
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't do like a wedding wedding. I would have a party. Okay, So I think if they're I don't know. I guess it depends on what he would want to do. But I could see like a more private exchanging a vow situation, and then just a fun party but not like the full like wedding gown or anything like that. Okay, I don't want to little pantsy action maybe something white or maybe not white.
Speaker 3: Who cares, like, I don't know. We just have fun.
Speaker 4: I love it and celebrate with the people that we love, and more so the celebration like maybe in the intimate ceremony if there's like yeah, our kids are involved, and then but also showing the kids of like, you know, you celebrate the big things in life that you care about, not because I feel like I need some wedding reception. It would be more of just like a celebration party. And it's weird if it were to be my current boyfriend, like with the loss of his wife. Also just she always she told him before she died, you know, I want you to get remarried, and so just that we'd I don't know, somehow honor and celebrate her too, not in like a weird creepy way. But it is weird because he still loves her. It's not like he where I you know. And then I thought, well, Ben and I our relationship is such a great place. I'm like if we were to actually, if this sort of happened and we were to get married, I would be like, would been come? Would we invite him? Because that'd be good for our kids to see. And I was like, he's dating right now, maybe his girlfriend could come. But then that's my brain going on a journey that we're not there yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a ways to go, and you have time to figure all of them. Oh yes, but that's exciting.
Speaker 4: But then I get asked a question like that, my brain starts revisiting different things that I've thought of, and I'm like, okay, and then I have to reel it in.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it's good. It's good to know where you're at. So this is good favorite quality in your new boyfriend. Maybe she had asses in a way of like that you're ex and to have, But we'll just go with like maybe your favorite quality.
Speaker 4: And yeah, no, I don't want to compare him to Ben there at all, so we won't do that. I do think a word to describe him that has been really good for me is steadfast. Okay, so he's very consistent and even you know, I don't know if it's like in our other part of the podcast, you were talking about your nervous system, and he is just I keep saying, like even in level doesn't sound as great as steadfast, so that feels more like the word. But he is that for me and has you know, sometimes you don't know as someone just acting this way or are they this way? And I believe after almost a year, I can tell that he just is that way. Now he has feelings and can fluctuate with those, like he's not just like a passive person, but he's just consistent, consistent in being level headed. He's very rational, uh, not dramatic. It's the opposite of me sometimes, opposite the ying to my yang.
Speaker 3: So steadfast. I will give it that.
Speaker 4: And you know, Ben, while Ben and I maybe weren't that for each other, we might be now with the work that we've done.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But with me, yeah, a dash of drama. I like to keep it fun.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just gotta add a little spice to the party to stir it up.
Speaker 4: See, and I see if my boyfriend will take the bait, and he doesn't, and I'm like well, And at the beginning I was like, well, want want, but now I'm like, ah, thank you. You're just so consistent now I'm just seeing if he's ever going to fall for it.
Speaker 3: But I don't even know that.
Speaker 4: I'm not like purposefully doing it, but I can tell sometimes when I step away, I'm like, okay, I was definitely stirring the pot there. I'm not like, oh, it's been a month since I try to row him up, Like, I'm just see if I can get him to.
Speaker 3: You're on a schedule of making sure you do it X.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, it's not that, but just certain things will come up where I can later look back and see, oh, I was very emotional at that point and maybe was letting my emotions drive This is probably a good way to put it. He does, he has emotions. He's just very clear in his delivery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he knows who he is, he knows what he wants. He's like good. I'm like, what the.
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't get it. I keep waiting for it to like not be that way, but so far, so good. We love that. This is good.
Speaker 2: And most of the time when they're like that, they are that way. My boyfriend is very similar, and I'm like, when's the other foot coming off?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I wouldn't say I'm like waiting for it to drop because that wouldn't be healthy of me either. But I guess I'm just curious, like this is really a ruves Am.
Speaker 3: I being punked?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where you have like I'm ninety nine percent of time like this is great, this is so good, and then there's just like that one percent that creeps in my brain sometimes like yah, it's gonna go to.
Speaker 4: All yeah, or like if we were to get married, like I know somebody that was dating a guy like our guys, like we're describing swear to God, this is how she described him. The day after they got married, everything flipped. They're divorced now, everything flipped. It was like a switch. He the word in my mind right now, has bamboozled her, but like and everybody around like he knew what he was doing and he was able to keep up that game, and then the minute it became legal and she was his like something.
Speaker 3: Just either I have a friend with this very similar story.
Speaker 4: Okay, well maybe just say their name off air, because I wonder I'm like, no way to the same person. But if that's crazy that happened to your friend too, Like that's terrifying to know that there are situations out there where they will play it right up until and then when it's legal. I don't know if it's something that switches in them like oh this is far more complicated, or I've got her or they've I don't know, but she was sort of It's almost like she couldn't even accept it because she was so perplexed by it. She's like, what in the world is happening.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard to comprehend something that you would never do, right, Like that's something that you just couldn't even put in your head as something that's a possibility. And then it happens and you're like, Okay, I guess that was a possibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean.
Speaker 4: So that that pops in my head sometimes I'm like, well, maybe he's waiting for the day we're married. And then the flip switches.
Speaker 5: Or the switch flips, the flip switches, the fliplip switches, the switch flips flips. I think it's flip switches because the flip flips switch flips.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 2: Cadi from Ohio wants to know the favorite fall activities.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, like last weekend, my brother in law and nieces are in town. And he texted me this morning actually because and this will help explain my favorite fall activity. And he sent a really nice note. He's like, hey, just wanted to say thank you. Your hospitality enjoys always welcoming and contagious. Oh this is your spirit. I didn't know it is this nice. Your spirit is so beautiful inside and out. I love everything that you're doing. I know I give you a hard time, but I wouldn't be your brother if I didn't. Thanks for the back porch coffee time too, always my favorite with you. Hope you have a great day. And there's some stuff going on with like my family. So he was like, hey, I'm praying for this blah blah blah. He's like love conquers always, blah blah blah. So it was a really nice note. And him and my sister must have been talking about something because then my sister sent me a really nice note too. But back porch coffee time when the fall tempts hit, it's I love sitting on the porch with coffee and being with my people and talking or journaling. And that is something that happens in fall and spring, like summer. It's just too muggy and hot winter it's too cold. Yeah, but my back porch in the fall and coffee time. Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 2: I mean that's that's turning in and you just got your porch, yes, I just got it all screened in, so it's all getting like put together, and I'm just I spend so much time out there now, especially with the weather turning, and I love it.
Speaker 3: I love that sitting out there.
Speaker 2: And watching a movie is going to be one of my favorite activities all of fall. But also I like cooking pumpkin insider things like I just made pumpkin protein bars. I'm about to make some little apple cider donuts. And I just like the seasons of our season, the flavors, yes, thank you, the flavors of fall. With the flavors of fall, that's pumpkin things are one of my favorites to like go in and try. So I'm having to make it all at home this year and figure out how I can still do that.
Speaker 3: That would be mine.
Speaker 2: I just started watching Friday Night Lights. Who is your favorite character or was your favorite character that's from Sarah?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Do I have a favorite character from Friday Night Lights? I mean, I love coach Taylor obviously, and then Tammy. I was always an girl. Oh well, yeah, who doesn't love?
Speaker 3: But his behavior was a.
Speaker 4: Little oh yeah, he's You didn't say who's the hottest?
Speaker 3: No, I said who's your favorite character? I mean I liked Tammy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was great. That's where I honestly fell in love. Like girl crush on Connie Britten was Ny Taylor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such a good show. Mm hmmm, it really is. Honestly, none of them are wrong.
Speaker 2: But Riggins was like a big crush of mine when I was watching that show, and that's why it's front of mine. Also, just I love the name Riggins. It's so cute. It is a cute name. Do you get a wardrobe paid for by the company for events?
Speaker 3: That's Lauren from Austin. No, it's a quick cancer. No, that would be fun. That would be fun. But no, do you put together years or do you have somebody help at all? I used to have.
Speaker 4: My friend Kelly would do it, but I then I just started doing it myself, like the last several years. I was like, I don't know, I just started doing it the last probably after COVID. I mean, I think a lot did that change for a lot of people after COVID And I was looking back at some of my past, my most recent iHeart outfits over the last several years, and they were all me. I mean, I'll get opinions or I might still text her other friends and be like, hey do you like this or does this look ridiculous?
Speaker 2: But hey, there you go. I think people assume that we get like wardrobes and stuff. Yeah, for different events, but no, that's us, Yeah, going out to things. How did people share their pregnancy news with you whenever you were struggling with infertility? That's from m in Ohio. I'm assuming she maybe going through something similar.
Speaker 3: Uh. I think they just were normal how they would be.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't recall any of my I mean, this was a long long time ago, but I'm trying to think. I think I did have my college roommate she proceeded with caution on her second pregnancy, kind of like, Hey, I've been wanting to tell you this. I just don't know how because I know that you're going through this and she did it thoughtfully, but nobody I never took it any wrong way. If someone's just I want you to do you. And I think that's it's good if you're family and friends or where what you're going through and they are sensitive to it.
Speaker 3: And also.
Speaker 4: Just because we've been dealt a certain card. I don't want to trump or step on anybody's joy or steal their joy in their moment, like I don't know, you.
Speaker 3: Don't want to just gotta theoria, Oh what the being soupererio? Oh bean, you don't want to being souperio? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bean soup theory, that's a that's a good one where you're just kind of won't want you're the Debbie downer at the point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think a lot of that's valid.
Speaker 2: Right when you're going through something, you've experienced things and you you get to have all of those emotions.
Speaker 3: But there's also two things. This can be true.
Speaker 2: What Amy's saying is that you get to feel that way and have that, but you can also still have joy for the people that are in your life and having joyful things happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I feel like when someone has this expectation, which I am thankful for my friend that did deliver the news in that way, but I assured her over and over again like, if this ever happens again, please just do you and come out and tell me, Like, I don't want you to have anxiety about telling me about one of the biggest moments in your life. Like I just I'm grateful for the thoughtfulness and I just want people to be normal. Yeah, well hopefully, because then it also is like this reminder of like, oh, these this is happening to me. I just want things to kind of continue. And I'm very detached from that part of my life because it was so long ago, and I know there's so many emotions. I mean, the Lord knows how many pregnancy tests I took and how many times I was crying and frustrated and asking how did my sister get pregnant four times with biological children and like what is wrong with me? And I've worked through a lot of that, and also after we adopted and then came to terms like I'm not ever going to have a biological child. I mean, I guess never say never, but that's just like not something I want. At times do I think like, oh, that would be so precious to have a baby, But I think I'm past that part and I've come to terms. So it's been a minute since I've thought about that, and anybody that's going through it right now, like, oh, my heart goes out to you.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It is so difficult because also social.
Speaker 4: Media wasn't as huge or baby announcements weren't as big back then for me, so you'd have to see it everywhere, right, I mean, you weren't just bombarded with all different I mean even strangers like you like now, all news everywhere and you're like, those people got pregnant and.
Speaker 3: I can yep, yep.
Speaker 2: You don't get to get away from it at all, very much in your face all the time by those people.
Speaker 4: I mean, like some of the ridiculous like baby gender announcements that you know, people end up getting hurt or it's really tragic or they're obviously bone heads and you're like, okay, yeah they made a baby, or.
Speaker 2: You see somebody have like their eighteenth baby or something like thing really just one yeah, just one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh well, hopefully I'm in Ohio that helped with whatever you're going through on either side.
Speaker 3: And yeah, this is where we leave you, guys. We're all done. We hope a cat and I end our podcast with we hope you have the day you need to have. That's a good one. I love that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Uh that is Amy and I wrapping up here too. So Amy, tell the people where they can find you. Hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: At Radio Amy on Instagram And speaking of my podcast with Kat, it is feeling things with Amy and Kat and the Instagram is Feeling things podcast.
Speaker 3: You want to end it?
Speaker 2: How we do?
Speaker 3: I say, and we hope you have the day. And you go, you need to have Okay, all right, all right and Morgan and I hope you have the day you need to have. Bye bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 3: And followed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.