Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Stentech along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon pro. Now, hey, I evalon.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 4: We have to start off with SanDisk Gootsticker SNDK. It's now currently slipping about four point three percent postmarket. That's after the semiconductor maker forecast revenue for their first quarter that missed expectations quite a bit. While the company did report fourth quarter earnings, especially for profit and revenue that's surpassed expectations, Investors are really looking towards that guidance to potentially offer a little bit more fodder for this AI trade and didn't exactly add up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is god. I gotta say. You know, we've seen some of the memory storage component makers like plunging in July. This has been a high flyer, if you will, top performer right in the S and P five hundred, but there's some disappointment today, right. Yeah, we also want to mention Western Digital because these two used to be the same company. Now Western Digital is like I want to be known as WD got it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Go there.
Speaker 1: Stocks down about ten percent here in the aftermarket.
Speaker 3: But they approved a buyback. Yeah, yes, well the sand dis did rather sand sand.
Speaker 1: Extend fourteen billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, Western Digital.
Speaker 1: It's easy to confuse them.
Speaker 3: They used to be one, I know, and it's all showing up in the same.
Speaker 1: I know, it's all coming across.
Speaker 3: It's it's because they used to be the same company.
Speaker 1: It's been tripping us up today.
Speaker 3: Western Digital fourth quarternight revenue coming in at three point seventy five billion dollars, the estimus for three point six eight billion. Western Digital fourth quarter earnings per share come in above estimates at three dollars and fifty six cents. The outlook four billion to four point two billion, the estimus for four point oh two billion. The company seas adjusted at gross margin at fifty five to fifty six percent, the estimus for fifty three point eight percent. I don't know why stock this st that outlook.
Speaker 1: Is revenue Like, I don't understand exactly why the.
Speaker 3: Gross margin came in the outlook for gross margin came in above estimates.
Speaker 1: I'm not quite sure, but nonetheless, you know, keep in mind some of these stocks. Again, we remind everybody Western Digital's up more than two hundred percent year to date, so maybe investors just wanted more, which is the kind of environment we're in. All right, let's get to we can't talk enough about SpaceX.
Speaker 4: Yes, ticker SPCX. It fell fourteen percent to end. It's at its lowest level since it began trading in June, and that's after the first quarter earnings or not first quarter, but it's first earnings release left investors really wanting more, given that they did have much higher than expected costs for their AI unit. And Oppenheimer also highlighting in their notes that the capex levels are a major concern for investors or not. They definitely are. They definitely are, considering that SpaceX will need about four hundred billion dollars in funding to hit that break even point, but the spending doesn't exactly look like it's going to be ending anytime soon. Plus their lock up does expire tomorrow, so we're going to have a little bit more volatility as those shares come online.
Speaker 3: Elon has more than that in net Worth.
Speaker 1: But how many people come on and say never rule out Elon, like people like it's just kind of wild.
Speaker 3: So I'm just looking at the analyst's reaction to this. We still have thirty for people tracked by the Bloomberg terminal thirty buys seven holes and two cells.
Speaker 1: Or it was a big ipo and there were a lot of people on the street involved in it.
Speaker 3: The only folks who have celeratings Phillip Securities Glenn Thumb and also morning Stars Nicholas Owens. Yeah, and morning Star's not a bank too, so yeah, nope. One thing to keep in mind.
Speaker 1: Real quickly, Eli Lilly ll Why is the ticker?
Speaker 4: Yes, it jumped five point one percent and its biggest one day gain in over a month, and that's after better than expected weight loss drug sales led to a boost in their twenty twenty six guidance BEMO highlighting that they just had another beaten raised in that especially considering how their rival Novo Nordisk has been doing, It's definitely welcome news for those who are worried about what exactly the sweight loss boom is looking like.
Speaker 2: The stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.