Speaker 1: Have either of you ever heard of malt duck?
Speaker 2: Malt like m alt malt malt?
Speaker 3: Is that like a malted milkshake, because that's like malt chocolate is like my least favorite thing in that.
Speaker 1: No, it is so much weirder and worse than that.
Speaker 4: No, I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: Sue and I were talking the other night about how in high school I didn't start drinking until I was like twenty five, but in high school you'd always get the people that were, Oh, I'm gonna get my Bartles and James, or they're wine cooler, that's what. And Sue's like, yeah, like malt duck, and I went, what. Apparently this was the thing in the eighties and nineties, early nineties. It is a combination of beer and grape juice, like you buy it.
Speaker 1: It's called malt duck.
Speaker 2: It's not something people made, It's an actual product called malt duck.
Speaker 1: I'm not totally against.
Speaker 4: No, that sounds pretty good. Rape juice, like a happy.
Speaker 1: Grape juice, happy lacroix. It's been discontinued, Yeah, I don't know. I think just because people went I don't want that.
Speaker 3: Because the amount of ducks that there was amount of amount of grape ducks that were being killed.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they called it malt duck, which led me led me to the question because I just read an article not too long ago about things that have been around forever, foods that from your childhood that have been discontinued, and the newest one was fruit stripe gum. They're not making fruit stripe gum.
Speaker 1: Anymore, right, I don't think I ever had fruit stripe. Oh, it's the greatest gum in the world.
Speaker 5: For twelve seconds seconds, it's the most flavorful, delicious gun ever, and then it just all the flavor just disappeared. Imagine something so flavorful, those things in the side of your mouth fill up and you're like, this is great, and then exactly twelve seconds later, it's as if you are chewing a hard piece of the oldest, most disgusting gum you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well, I can guess why it was discontinued that.
Speaker 6: It was ugh.
Speaker 2: But do you have anything from your childhood that you can't get anymore?
Speaker 1: Is my question?
Speaker 2: Because there's certain things on the West coast that I can't get that you could only get on the East Coast devil dogs for instance, Intimen's cookies Andimate's won't ship their cookies across state lines because they're not as fresh.
Speaker 3: Well. I remember as a kid we had friends who went to the East Coast and would come back with jars of fluff marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Fluff fluff. They have it here now, but it used to be.
Speaker 3: I haven't had that since back, but it was always so special that when we had like a jar of it, we'd be like, oh, and everybody, yeah.
Speaker 2: Fluff and you make fluffer nutters, which are the greatest things in the world, peanut butter and fluff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I grew up on fluffer nutter.
Speaker 5: You know what you might be able to get now, but a couple decades ago you couldn't get. And my so, my ex boyfriend Jason, who you guys have both met. Jason's mom used to send me years after we broke up, would still send me grits from Ohio because instant grits is all you could buy out here, and they are not the same. But I think now you can get regular slow cook grits, but you couldn't.
Speaker 2: You're a grits fan, and grits like grits at all.
Speaker 4: What it's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: It's and mush.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's so good? I love it. Yeah, shrimp and grits is one of my favorite meals.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know if there's something from your childhood where they literally discontinued it.
Speaker 3: Well, this is not from my childhood. But there was a coffee shop in Hollywood that I lived at, basically called Highland Grounds.
Speaker 1: Do you guys ever go with me to?
Speaker 4: I went to Island.
Speaker 3: I did shows there, remember, I used to do poetry readings and Sean Fox with John Yeah, but I I basically lived there like that was my you know, my spot.
Speaker 1: And they had a black bean burger. It was agitarian back then. That is still like my favorite thing ever.
Speaker 3: And of course the place is gone now, so you can't get the black bean burger from Highland Grounds.
Speaker 1: It was legendary. There was a beautiful cafe.
Speaker 3: I had this outdoor seating area with a fireplace, and it was just perfect. Like I got to know everybody that worked there. I got to know the owner.
Speaker 1: It was like my spot. Oh, I miss it so much. I had something like that happened not that long ago.
Speaker 2: There was a place in Burbank while we were doing Boy that I would go to all the time called the Santa Fe Cafe.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about this, the burritos it's gone. Well, the one in Burbank hasn't been there for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: But there's another one. You said that was the thing. So it was like, you know, there's one up the street. It was like wait what yeah, and so I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to go. They said all again. Oh it was just so good. Yeah. Getting that back it is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yah. But the newest the chocolate chocolate wafers were they come. The thin chocolate wafers have been around for like one hundred and ten years that you make ice box ca with, which is just the most amazing cake in the world. They just discontinue those, and there's been a big backlash about you can't get rid of those. They've been around since like the eighteen hundreds or something.
Speaker 5: So all the stuff I ate as a kid that was bad for me. That was like comfort food, like ding dongs. Oh yeah, twinkies you can still get them. I love a twinkie, Love a twinkie.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a deep fried twinkie?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know what the deep fried thing, considering I love fried food and I love sweets. I have tried all the deep fried things.
Speaker 4: At all the fairs. I don't love them.
Speaker 1: Don't do it either.
Speaker 4: Fried oreos don't do it. Oreos are better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the deep fried thing, it's just it's yeah, it's just not It's fine. Well, welcome to pod meets World. I'm Daniel Fisher, I'm right or strong, and I want malt duck.
Speaker 1: I'm Wilford.
Speaker 4: You could make malt duck. It feels like.
Speaker 7: Right, grapes grape juice. Right, No, it's not grapefruit. It's grape, grape grape, so it's like grape. Oh, yeah, I misunderstood grape good sounds disgusting.
Speaker 4: It sounded good, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Graprouit with like a beer, like a hoppy beer.
Speaker 3: Hoppy beer that seems like a hazy I pa basically, but the idea of like a grape.
Speaker 5: No, I thought grape understand happy grape sounds better to me.
Speaker 1: But but I like swine and beer.
Speaker 2: Mixed duck and malt duck was a blend of beer and grape juice.
Speaker 1: Oh, totally, you can.
Speaker 4: You can definitely make that.
Speaker 1: So you see it's purple.
Speaker 4: Oh that's I see fifteen percent off.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well it's also fifteen percent off. Apparently, there you go, malt there. It is wow, very strange, very strange.
Speaker 5: We thought it would take ten to fifteen years, but here we are entering the back nine of Boy Meets World and it's been a minute since we've had a good old fashioned Q and A episode. So we put out the call on Instagram and our producers are trying something. They have chosen five fans to zoom in with us and personally ask us there, boy meets World or Pod meets World questions.
Speaker 4: How are you guys feeling?
Speaker 1: This is not math? I'm good, fine with anything?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: You guys have asked for this a million times? Could you get fans we want to ask questions? So here we are. We're we're gonna, We're gonna try it out and see how it goes. Let's welcome our first caller, Chris. Hey, Chris, Hi, Chris. Look at your background.
Speaker 8: I thought you know, I don't have as many books.
Speaker 4: So where's your tabanka funk go? Where's your tobka funk go?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 8: I haven't come across any if I mean.
Speaker 4: If you have one, don't have one yet?
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just saying, okay, so Deadpool, I did his voice.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at all the ones I did in the background, all my characters.
Speaker 6: That's all I care about, all your characters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, Chris, I'm good.
Speaker 8: How are you guys?
Speaker 4: We're doing great. What's your question for us?
Speaker 8: Okay, So earlier in in your podcast, you had mentioned you had tried to stay away from like the AOL message boards. But you know what was one of the wildest rumors that you heard or maybe saw about boy mus World. What's one thing that you saw? You know, like, you know what. That's enough Internet for me today. I'm just gonna go ahead and shut down and go about my dad.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, I definitely did that if I ever read anything about our show online.
Speaker 1: But I knew rumors. I never I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't do internet at all back in the day. I heard I was gay a lot of times.
Speaker 1: Oh that that was just everybody heard that. You heard that quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Oh, actually, I mean I I think I heard that I was dying of AIDS. It was really which I think I think connected to I actually wore a bracelet. Maybe I'm already wearing it in season five for a until There's a Cure was a foundation that did something, you know, So I did a photo shoot for them, and it was like, you'd wear this bracelet until there's a cure. And so I think maybe that, like because it has an AIDE ribbon on it, people would just be like, oh, he must be indicating that he's dying.
Speaker 2: Oh geez uh the another room. I heard about myself, but it wasn't boymet Throw related. I heard that I was supposed to star in American Psycho two, oh, which I'd never didn't know that, so, uh, yeah, I heard that, but I don't know nothing about Boy or Pott.
Speaker 1: Did you hear anything about Boy me th World, Danielle.
Speaker 8: Like anyone gonna get like replaced or anything?
Speaker 1: Hmm not. I mean we just replaced replaced all the time, but we were We never heard about it.
Speaker 4: I do remember reading, and.
Speaker 5: I don't remember how into the show it was or if it was significantly after the show ended, but I remember reading because I had done an interview where they asked if Ben and I had ever dated, and I mentioned that one time Ben and I looked at each other and we were like, hey, we should go to dinner one night, just you know, we play boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Let's just go to dinner.
Speaker 5: And literally twenty minutes into the dinner, it was very obvious to both of us that we were just always going to be friends and that was that was going to be it.
Speaker 4: And I mentioned that in an interview.
Speaker 5: And then years later when it came out that Matt Lawrence and I dated, I remember reading somewhere, Oh, yeah, you didn't know. No, she dated everybody on that show. She was basically a bicycle and I had never heard that term before, and I remember being like, no, that's actually not true at all. But like it was definitely one of those moments where I like closed the window and was like, that's enough for me today.
Speaker 4: I'm just going away.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry not to braw.
Speaker 2: Get it, but it's you're called someone's called a bicycle because everybody gets a ride.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yes, Chris, I want to throw this back to you. What are the what are the rumors that you heard about?
Speaker 8: I guess I'm kind of in the same I didn't really hear the internet was so young, you know, my mom just signed on for me, and I got in and spent some time online and to the like the the chat rooms, but it was really just kind of a young thing, and I didn't really hear too much, kind of I didn't hear, like, I didn't hear that anyone was dying.
Speaker 4: Well, that's good.
Speaker 8: Being replaced, thankfully, that's good. But yeah, I just didn't know if you guys had like to spend any time.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I think we we managed to avoid a lot of that.
Speaker 5: I remember when we did Girl Meets World and the ability for the kids to just see every single rumor that was out there immediately, and I remember being so grateful we didn't have to deal with that.
Speaker 4: So we were spared.
Speaker 8: Because yeah, it would be one of thanks for back then you like you kind of had to search for it, but now it's like you get tagged and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you so much, Chris, Thank you for your question. It was nice to me.
Speaker 1: Too, Thanks Chris, appreciated.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Great collection.
Speaker 5: Get your topanga funk go, get your topanga funk go. How dare you?
Speaker 8: As soon as I get it, I'll.
Speaker 1: Know, Bye, Gris.
Speaker 4: Our next caller is Jackie.
Speaker 9: Hi, Jackie, Hi, How are you good?
Speaker 10: How are you great? Thank you, Thank you so much for doing this.
Speaker 11: This is so cool.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, we're so happy to have you.
Speaker 9: I really I just would have been happy if you read my question and gave me a shout out.
Speaker 11: This is so much better.
Speaker 4: So what is your question?
Speaker 10: So one of the things.
Speaker 9: That I love most about listening to the podcast is hearing about all of your in jokes from set, and now that you've grown this podcast community, I feel like there's so many more in jokes with pod meats world. So what has become your favorite in joke from the podcast?
Speaker 4: Great question, that's a great man.
Speaker 1: I'm with you that this is my favorite.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite part of doing this, like the fact that all these in jokes that we that we've remembered, Like I forgot half of the ones from Boy, so just reliving them has been such a joy. And then the fact that now they're kind of everybody's in jokes, like that that community has expanded is just like, I mean, like, yeah, that sharing that teen Wolf line reading moment that Ben had, Yeah, that, Like, I mean, that's just like my favorite thing of the world because it's so inside baseball and the fact that now the whole world kind of knows about that. I just love so that sharing that was one of my favorite But that's not from.
Speaker 5: The I think my one of my favorites is that's how they get you.
Speaker 4: I really.
Speaker 5: That's how they get you has come up so many times, and it really like we watched it happen, and it's it's lived on and we when we've done our live shows, there have been times where somebody will say something while we're on stage and someone from the audience will yell out, that's how they get ye, and it's it's always perfect.
Speaker 4: So I think mine might be that's how they get Yah.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, Susie. The pony is pretty good. That's what I was gonna say, Susie, because the pony is pretty good.
Speaker 3: But because people have shown that our show's dressed. I got a Susie Christmas ornament from one of our fans. So cool, So I'm going to hang on my tree every year now.
Speaker 2: I love it, Oh, Susie, But I would say once every couple of weeks Danielle saying I've seen Babe Pig in the city and it turns out fine. So that moment pops into my head and I start laughing all over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That, and frankly, the newest one is Crocherati, which still.
Speaker 1: Still get.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 4: Absolutely could crack up at any time. I know. I still think we need Crocherati.
Speaker 5: Arch.
Speaker 3: Sweet Sleep of Death is pretty great too, Sweet Sleep of Death, because that just happened so spontaneously, and we were recording in Vegas, and I remember just being like, oh, I could not believe it was coming out of Danielle's so serious.
Speaker 5: I remember looking at your faces and both of you being like, is she really safe happening?
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: You weren't doing a bit, You were not joking. You were just really excited about dying.
Speaker 7: Oh oh boy.
Speaker 1: So your favorite was Susie.
Speaker 11: Definitely Susie.
Speaker 9: Okay, I neglected Tony with the body in the barn for sure.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you know, I also talking about the bodies in the barn.
Speaker 5: I also love our running joke about Feenie having dead bodies in his yard for molts.
Speaker 1: That's not a joke in several states.
Speaker 5: That one's pretty funny too, that if you mentioned it to somebody who doesn't listen to the podcast, they would be like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know those are all good, They're all great.
Speaker 5: Got so many, we have so many now we have so many. Thank you, Jackie, Thank you for a really thoughtful question.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Have a great day, guys. Great to meet you.
Speaker 2: I'd like to point out to both of you before we go any farther, I have not asked a single person where they're located. Oh, I've wanted you both times back, but I didn't say anything because I knew I would catch a rash for it.
Speaker 4: But it's a.
Speaker 1: Security alarm at your house. It's bothering me. You do want to know where that lady was? I want to know where that lady is safe to walk in your neighborhood. Important thing?
Speaker 3: And where what part of Connecticut connection to.
Speaker 1: A Connecticut high school?
Speaker 2: I don't even know if they're from Connecticut. These people she could have been from Sebastoo rider.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: Opportunity next caller slash zoomer is Kara or Kara?
Speaker 4: We'll ask when she pops on. Hi, Hello, is it Kara or Kara?
Speaker 6: Kara?
Speaker 4: Hi, Kara, welcome you.
Speaker 10: I'm fantastic. This is probably the coolest thing that's ever happened to me.
Speaker 1: So good to meet you.
Speaker 11: Nice to meet you guys.
Speaker 4: So, Carol, what is your question for us?
Speaker 11: My question is.
Speaker 13: If you finally got the time machine that you've always wanted, but you could only go back and change one thing about the show, what would it be?
Speaker 1: M I mean, does it? I'm sorry, I'm one of these people. I have to get very specific.
Speaker 2: Do you mean, like one specific moment or can we change so one character doesn't leave the show? I mean, can we kind of change whatever we want?
Speaker 10: You can change whatever you want, but almost.
Speaker 1: Just one thing?
Speaker 4: Okay, hmmm, I would change I think.
Speaker 1: So tough.
Speaker 4: I don't think I would have Corey and Tapenga get.
Speaker 1: Married, big one. That's a big one, big one.
Speaker 5: I think I might have her still do the proposal and maybe they he still says yes, and we go through the whole planning, and then we end up deciding it's maybe not the right choice for us right now, and we still stay together. We don't have to be broken up. But maybe we just save the marriage aspect for the end of the show and not spend the last like full year of the show married.
Speaker 1: I think that might be mine hot take.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, that's a hot take to have now when we haven't gotten there yet.
Speaker 1: I know too, but yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 5: Right, I know from my just my memories of it after we were married, feeling like, well, now we're married, and they had to come up with knew like upping the stakes for us, and I remember not.
Speaker 4: Loving those steaks.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 5: I felt like we could have gotten more mileage out of them being together but not yet married.
Speaker 1: I would recast Sean. That would be my no, I think.
Speaker 2: And there's a bunch I would like to change, but I think I would have kept Lee.
Speaker 1: Yep, so good that.
Speaker 2: I just there was so much comedy to be mined there, and the relationship between the four of them as a as a group, as a friend group. I think they missed an awful lot of funny get getting rid of Lee.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 2: And it's tough because I'd love to keep Tony. I loved it, But I think if I picked one, it would be keeping Lee on the show.
Speaker 3: But also we just recently did a live show with Lee, and I remember us going backstage and talking to me, were like.
Speaker 1: Lee is such a good actor.
Speaker 3: He's still such a good actor, and he was the best back then too, and it's like, right, what a missed opportunity his talent alone just being there, even if he was like not in every episode, but he would have made Mancus so great as he got older. Yeah, it was either for me, it was either it was either keep Mincus or or keep Tony.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think I think Tony because now that we're watching season five. You know, the other thing I was thinking is like, maybe just go back and stop at season four.
Speaker 1: On the show.
Speaker 3: At season four would have been enough good round, gone out on the high notes.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But I actually think maybe if we had kept Tony, because I would have been the end of season four, the show would have stayed a little more grounded or a little bit a little more in the vein that I'm I'm not feeling in season five. So yeah, I think Tony. Plus I just love the guy and I loved working with him, and you know, I'm sad the way they did his character.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, so that was a big one.
Speaker 2: I would now want to do a very small one because it's such a small, little minor tweak.
Speaker 1: But there's no reason.
Speaker 2: That Jack and Shawn are brothers, right, no reason it's just unnecessary. Should just be Matt comes in and he and Eric become friends in our roommates. It made no sense to bring another hunter into the fold for no reason.
Speaker 1: They just that's another one. I would change.
Speaker 4: Smart, that's a smart one. What about you? What would be yours? Kara?
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh. I did think about this a little bit because I was like, what if they ask me and mine was going to be Lee as well?
Speaker 2: Okay, see, yes, yeah, it's a great one. Danielle and Ryder were also wondering where where you're located.
Speaker 10: That's so funny.
Speaker 13: I just listened to the episode where Will was obsessed with location.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about. This is both of them, but they wanted to know where you were.
Speaker 5: We were talking about it. We were saying, we can't wait to Askkara where she is.
Speaker 10: I'm in northern California.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, yeah, sometime you guys got to come to a live.
Speaker 10: Show over here.
Speaker 4: And then more specifically, are you in your home?
Speaker 10: I am in my home, yes, which is in the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you drop a pin so we know exactly?
Speaker 5: I'm sure? Is it safe to walk around your place again?
Speaker 1: They they are. They're giving me a little bit of a little bit of a tis what's happening? They give me a bit of a hard time. Here is what's happening.
Speaker 4: It's because we love you.
Speaker 10: Well, I'll drop a pin. If this can be the location for your next live show.
Speaker 1: Great, we should do a San Francisco show.
Speaker 10: We will.
Speaker 4: We really sure we're going to do a San Francisco show. I know it. Okay, all right, Cara, thank you so much for being here with us.
Speaker 1: Good question.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much for inviting me. This was really really cool.
Speaker 4: Happy to have you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Our next caller is Amy, and I can't wait to hear Amy's question.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear where Amy's from.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 4: The flower were above your ear?
Speaker 11: Thank you joining from HOI?
Speaker 1: I love that nice?
Speaker 4: Well, welcome. What is your question?
Speaker 12: My question for you, folks is what's the most famous or surprising celebrity that's come up to you and fangirled?
Speaker 4: Oh that's so fun.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question. I'm sure Danielle is probably the best answer. Oh yeah, she must have this. Danielle's got to have him.
Speaker 5: I mean, Lil Wayne I'm a huge Lil Wayne fan, and when we were in Vegas for the iHeart Radio Music Festival, I made a big deal about wanting to see.
Speaker 4: Lil Wayne, and then he came.
Speaker 5: So late in the night and I just wasn't able to hang.
Speaker 4: I had to go to sleep and I left.
Speaker 5: And then later he saw a video of me saying that he was the person I was most looking forward to meeting, and he ended up sending me a DM and was like, if this is really you, that is so cool that you're a fan. And I was like, it's really me, and he's like, are you sure you're not like an assistant, and I was like, I don't even have an assistant. It really is me, And so that was very cool for me because massive fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna say a Lil Wayne.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I wouldn't have guests. He was to Pakistan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I'm mine not really fangirls, And I think I might have talked about but Sean Penn coming like meeting Sean Penn in San Francisco and having him be like, man, I feel like I know you and he's like, you're in my house all the time. Because his kids were just Big Boy Mets World watchers. I guess, so he's like but he was like, here I am meeting Sean Pan. I was all nervous to meet him. You know, you just see me in a play. And I was like, oh, and that's the first thing out of his mouth, like.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 2: I have so one of my favorite shows growing up in my family was The six Million Dollar Man. And I was doing a movie with Lee Majors and the first time that I met him, he just stopped and stared at me and he went, I hope this movie he's worth it because I'm missing my favorite show. And I went what and he goes, Boy meets World big fan. I was like, oh my Godly Majors is a fan of so that was that was kind of a cool moment for me.
Speaker 3: I just had a memory. Danielle, do you remember when we met Tony Danza? Yes, we did this. We did this for years. Is a bit because Tony Danza, like we didn't even know. We were like all like who's the boss fans or whatever, and he comes up and he's.
Speaker 1: Like Danielle, Danielle and like.
Speaker 3: Hugs Danielle and we're like, oh, oh, Tony Danza knows who we are, and then he turns and sees me and he.
Speaker 1: Goes right, it right. And we did that for years. Ben would always be like, why did he Why did he say it like that?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 5: It was so funny and it was so good, and that became Ben's impression of that moment.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Another one of those things we did for years. Also, I thought it Will reminded me of this. One of the last times we were at a convention, we were doing our our Pod meets World trio photo and a guy comes in with a mask on and two like teenage kids and he's like, hey, sorry, we had to jump into this picture. And he removes his mask and it was Mark Ruffalo. He was there at the con with his kids, wearing a mask, walking around the convention and was a fan, knew who we were, and hopped in for one of our pictures.
Speaker 4: It was so cool.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there for this, so it must have been.
Speaker 3: I've definitely never met Mark Ruffalos.
Speaker 14: Have been that.
Speaker 4: It must have been that picture Will and I do together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's but I definitely did not have this experience. Yeah, he came out gave us a big hunt. My god, I'm such a big fit. Yeah. It was totally cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Those are those are good?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You never know who.
Speaker 2: Like the the the young man who plays the Flash on the Flash television show, The CW Show.
Speaker 1: I think he was a big fan. He talked talked to us at a convention.
Speaker 2: There's been some been some people that it's been, and it's it's just so cool because I'm first and foremost, especially when I go to this convention as a fan and I just I try not to be.
Speaker 1: The one going like I love you, but it's it's tough.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I brought my mash Action figures to have Loretta Switt and Jamie Farr signed, so it's like, I'm that guy.
Speaker 1: So when it happens back, it's actually really cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I know, I feel like I would get identity crisis.
Speaker 1: Of That's why I do that all the time.
Speaker 2: I keep forgetting that and then somebody will say something, be like, oh that's right, I guess.
Speaker 4: They also do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I know that there's a We've talked about it before.
Speaker 1: What's her name?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: From Pitch Perfect?
Speaker 2: Anna Kendra Anna Kendra you know, wrote in her book, like somebody sent me a snapshot of the book where she's she said she used to just sit on the playground and wonder what she would say to us if she met us when she was a little kid.
Speaker 1: So stuff like that's really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's your favorite celebrity encounter, Amy, that's a good question.
Speaker 12: When I was really young, I danced pula a lot at Luaus and we had to dance for Hillary Duff. Oh my gosh, her sister and her family one time she came to Hawaiian We're dancing la.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she had her sister, Lize.
Speaker 8: McGuire.
Speaker 1: That's a cool I like that.
Speaker 11: I was part of that generation.
Speaker 4: That's so fun. I mean, super fan Easton Allen just wrote in our chat.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, very cool, very cool.
Speaker 11: He's pretty cool even to this day. McGuire.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, absolutely well, thank you, Amy, that was a good question, great question.
Speaker 11: Thank you. Please come to Hawaii sometimes.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't have to ask me twice.
Speaker 1: I love I let's do the Hawaii show. Can we please get there?
Speaker 12: I love Let's have that you have and then you can make it themed to the one of the Hawaii episodes.
Speaker 4: That's a great idea.
Speaker 11: Maybe not the Cannibals, but no, we've already done on one.
Speaker 4: Thankfully we won't use that one. Oh, thank you, Amy, Bye, Thank you guys so much, thank you.
Speaker 3: I realized the Mark ruffle of thing must have happened at New York Comic Con when I wasn't there, remember.
Speaker 1: Ye, New York Comic Con twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that would make sense, got it, that would make sense. All right, you've been vindicated instead.
Speaker 1: Of us just thinking making me feel like you don't remember we hung out with him. We had that great time. I don't remember this were you not there?
Speaker 4: So funny.
Speaker 5: Well, our last caller of the day is Patrick, and I would say this went very well, as we've as we've learned and known, our our fans are absolutely amazing and delightful. Next time, next time, we can make this even longer.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, we need more. Yeah, next time.
Speaker 2: I think this this went by very quickly. I think we need to get some more people involved.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, and we got to go Hawaii.
Speaker 4: Anytime.
Speaker 1: We got you in your car.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm in my car. I'm at work right now. So I take a little break.
Speaker 4: Where do you work, Patrick, Where do you work?
Speaker 6: I'll work on a machine job.
Speaker 4: A machine job.
Speaker 6: Shot run a machine machine shop. It's like a machine machine job. Wow, oh my god, this is so cool to see you, guys.
Speaker 4: It's so cool to see you. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 6: No, it's a pleasure. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: We're happy to have you. What is your question for us?
Speaker 14: My question is has the podcast like surpassed any kind of realm of possibility? Guys thought pree podcasts like you guys kind of like hit a spark and it like it took off. You've done like you've done merch, You've done last shows and all just off your own personalities and like what's the next for you guys?
Speaker 1: Great, well those are loaded questions.
Speaker 2: The first I'd like to Yeah, the first first answer is I saw this coming the whole time, called this entirely knew this is exactly because a podcast. Because I came up with this idea for the podcast and called it. No, none of us at any I'm not to speak for everybody, but I'm gonna none of us had any idea what was going to do this. We thought we were going to watch the episodes of boy Met World and we were going to talk about it, have fun, joke around each other because we've known each other for so long. But the idea that the fans would come out the way that they have and the community would grow the way that it did, and Pod Meat World would become its own thing. Yeah, it's become its own thing now. It's it's just completely separate from boy Mes World. And we have people that come to the live shows that are like, yeah, I like boy Mets World, but I love Podmeats World.
Speaker 6: So I'm I'm in that boat right there. I'm I'm a bigger fan of the podcast than I ever was of the show.
Speaker 1: Great, that is great.
Speaker 6: I actually got to come see you guys that show you did? I did. I got to dress up and everything I got to I got a free poster out of it.
Speaker 1: Where did you come?
Speaker 6: I was an inmate in the audience Nashville.
Speaker 10: Oh man, we.
Speaker 4: Love that show. We have talked about the Nashville show.
Speaker 1: It's a great show. Great crowd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, such a great yeah, so much Melissa.
Speaker 1: Melissa joined us on stage.
Speaker 2: Yes, Blake was there was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh that was great.
Speaker 14: I just heard the podcast where you all were talking about like how y'all got her on stage and everything like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I would say I would say, like, you know, I was, I'm on big podcast listener, and like, you know, I used to listen to podcasts all the way back in like two thousand and nine and ten, and even back then, I like realized, like what people are talking about is kind of less important than just like hanging out with with with people that get along and have good conversations. And I knew that the three of us have good conversations, like we just enjoy each other's company, and I was like, I think that might be enough. Like I think, you know, it doesn't have to be like this crazy out of the box thing. We could just watch episodes of Boy Meets World and I think we'll have enough to talk about. And so I definitely saw that coming to the podcast. But then, like you're saying, the explosion of it and like the amount of listeners and fans like that's just that's been heartwarming.
Speaker 1: It's been so great.
Speaker 3: That's like I never saw that coming and it's so overwhelming and positive. I just hope that it keeps evolving you know, like if you're asking, like what's next, Like, I just don't want to ever. I just hope that we keep talking about new things and that keeps we keep finding new angles, like ways to engage with our listeners and each other. Like every time we find something new, it's fun.
Speaker 14: Just in the time span for Mel's first episode, I just listened to it not too long ago, and y'all thought it was going to go on for like years, and uh, y'all didn't used to do a pre show chatter or anything like that, and that has involved like tremendously.
Speaker 6: That's a good quarter of the show right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, you know that's true.
Speaker 5: And like writer said, I think the way we've been able to find new things to talk about and incorporate knew whether they're bits or whatever you want to call them, to just keep it fresh for us has been really fun. And I hope we're able to do that. And yeah, whatever is next I hope is. I don't know that I want to recap anything else. I don't know that I want to watch, you know, another nineties show. And then I don't know that I want us to do that because I think, you know what I want us to keep talking.
Speaker 4: I want so, you know, I don't know. I think now.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate you saying that. That's very kind, because yeah, certainly, certainly. What I thought when we started the podcast was, oh, well, there are definitely fans of Boy Meets World who will tune in and listen to what we have to say about Boy Meets World. But then my real concern was that those people were going to think, I don't I don't like what they have to say, I'm not going to listen anymore. I had a real worry that we were going to turn people off with our our synopsis or our our feelings honesty. Yeah, our honesty are unpacking, and so I thought you.
Speaker 14: Didn't want to change how they failed about anything, and I don't believe it as a single bit.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Patrick.
Speaker 14: Now, thank you guys for having me on. It was a real pleasure meeting getting you guys through video and everything like that. And I'll look forward to hearing all the other podcasts you'll have to come out.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for coming to a show too.
Speaker 5: We really appreciate that one, and I'm glad you got a signed poster auto.
Speaker 1: The prisoners in the audience. I love that. That's great.
Speaker 14: I don't know if I was the only one who did it, but like I thought, it was just a simple, quick, real fascinating.
Speaker 4: I think you were the first.
Speaker 5: I think since then we've had yeah, we've had a couple of them since you, but you were our very first.
Speaker 4: So thank you for thank you for.
Speaker 1: That so great.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you Patrick.
Speaker 6: All right, you'll have fun, thank you too.
Speaker 4: All Right, Well, this was so fun. I'm so glad we did this.
Speaker 5: We should do another one because it has been one of our most requested things. Anytime we talk about doing a Q and A, people say, yeah, but what about the can the fans ask the questions we want to do that we've talked about, you know, coming up with a phone line and letting people call in.
Speaker 4: This was a really fun way of doing it.
Speaker 5: So I think you guys get an A plus as per huge not you too, you guys, you.
Speaker 4: Know you guys are like a minus right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh I can't take that all day. I'll take a c and and run hitting me.
Speaker 4: But our listeners, you guys get a pluses.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: For those wonderful questions. We know there were a bunch more on Instagram that we didn't get to. Maybe we'll do another Q and a episode where we can answer some more of those, but we look forward to doing this with you guys again, thank you for joining us for this episode of Plaud Meets World.
Speaker 2: Ye. I'm sorry I'm stopping you right there because there was one question that I read that I really do want to know the answer to from both of you.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 2: And the question was if you could have a sandwich created after you and named after you, what sandwich would it be? And I'm sorry, but that's a hard hitting question. I'm going to need to know the answer before we hang up the phone today.
Speaker 1: Gosh, Ah, is it the food?
Speaker 3: It's very similar to what I asked you because remember the Jen Anison salad. We had a preciow chat or asked you what you would want named after you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a sandwich.
Speaker 5: Though, I mean mine would be some version of a Paddy melt, but instead of a hamburger patty, it would probably have pastrami, like a pastrami melt, but on grilled cheese. Oh like Okay, pastrami and grilled cheese, but also with the onions from a patty melt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'd be mine.
Speaker 1: And would you call it the Danielle or would you call it?
Speaker 4: I'd call it the d Fish.
Speaker 1: It's a great sandwich name. But if it's not a fish sandwich, that's kind of whatever.
Speaker 4: Writer, Just have fun, writer, just have fun fish.
Speaker 1: But there's no fish. Where to fish? That's the same where fish?
Speaker 13: There you go?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 5: You know what, writer, You took my idea, you cracked on it, but then you made it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did it?
Speaker 11: Do we do?
Speaker 12: All?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Would you have on your sandw on your wrap? Right? My mine's not a rap.
Speaker 3: It's sour bread, homemade sour bread. Of course, of course sprouts russel sprouts, No, not brussels sprouts.
Speaker 1: What are the sprouts?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what what what else? Would hummus? Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, a big bloody probably, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think it would be a veggie sandwich.
Speaker 3: I think it would be of course, of avocado, definitely, and but some cheese, some kind of good cheese, like a baked guda, like one of those like yellow waxy gudas, and like then some veggies some, but no eggplant. Not a fan of eggplant. So cucumbers, crunchy veggs. I love crumbers, lettuce, tomato, and yeah there you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I don't know, and I've been thinking about it for months at a time, I because it changes. I think what would be interesting is something like a Turkey club sandwich, but take out the turkey and make it smash burgers. Oh okay, so I don't even know what that would be a smash club. I just call it the D Fish but it would be really good because I'd want to confuse the hell out of people.
Speaker 4: What they're ordering, Like, wait is this this isn't where is D fish?
Speaker 1: This is the D fish fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think it'd be I'd call it the lets Smash Wilfrid l O.
Speaker 1: Or just how about the the Wilfrid.
Speaker 6: L that's what.
Speaker 1: That's a good one too. Yeah yeah, just or just like you know, the the Wilfrid.
Speaker 5: Super Phil Freedol, Yeah, the super Super.
Speaker 2: See these are all good ideas.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I got it. I'll get on it. I'll get on it.
Speaker 11: That's good.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I needed to know.
Speaker 5: Thank you for joining us for this episode. Of Pod Meets World as always. You can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com and we have merch.
Speaker 1: Okay, five four thousand metch calling.
Speaker 5: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 1: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets World is not art podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeats World Show or email us at Podmeats Worldshow at gmail dot com