Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, let make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Welcome to the Buckbury first of twenty twenty five, and let's dive right into these wildfires in California and what we're seeing so far when it comes to their response and what we can learn about this going forward. First off, it's a tragedy. Thoughts and prayers go to everybody who is affected by this.
Speaker 2: I truly mean that I know people.
Speaker 1: Who are just a step or two removed from this wildfire. I've been corresponding with people who have been afraid they were going to lose their homes, have family members who did lose their homes to the fire, or at least were severely damaged by this fire.
Speaker 2: These fires, it's multiple fires breaking.
Speaker 1: Out across this area of Greater Los Angeles and mostly in the Palisades area. And look, I always feel feel like we should focus on what matters most first and foremost, and so I will and I have, which is making sure that everyone gets out who needs to get out. And that's the primary concern that we all have, and that our first responders that our frontline personnel are given the resources that they need, and that's what we're primarily focused on. There is also a discussion that is happening about how this could get so out of control so quickly and do so much damage. And it's not as though California and specifically the Los Angeles area shouldn't be in some way prepared for this or hasn't been preparing for this. They've been upping the budget of the last twenty years substantially for fire prevention and protection, and that doesn't seem to have had anywhere near the intended effect. Because fire of this level of catastrophic damage, you have to ask, well, what would it look like if they hadn't deployed the or rather, if you know, if this is the best they can do, how have they deployed the resources? You know, what has it gone to. They don't have enough fire, they don't have enough water, they don't have enough preparations in place. And it's also a moment where you look at the leadership of the state and the leadership of the Democrat Party at some level, because Biden's turned this into a photo op. You have Mayor Karen bass As everyone is pointing out on a trip to Ghana in West Africa as this is all happening, and she's now made her way back. I believe as I speak to you, but it's absurd that somebody in her position would first of all go on a trip to Ghana on the taxpayer dime.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I haven't checked that this isn't paid for by some third party organization or something, but if the people of Los Angeles paying for her to go to Ghana, you should want to know why. And beyond that, there has been a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion in this fire department for.
Speaker 2: In recent years.
Speaker 1: Not a surprise, everything that is associated with the State of California, any kind of hiring personnel, there's going to be that DEI component, but they've really been pushing it heavily for fire fire fighters, and that's something that I think everybody also is allowed to look at now and say, really, that's the focus that people could have in this It's it's heartbreaking the whole situation, but it also is a reminder that leadership matters, that decision making for a state matters. I'm not saying that they can stop all fires. Of course they can't, but can they be called upon to try to stop you know, a fire from getting to this extent and destroying this many homes and causing severe injuries to a lot of people, killed a couple of people already. I mean, it's really awful stuff, inferno across LA stuff, and this just can't be the best that they can do. That's really what it comes down to. This cannot be the best response that they can have. And the fire fire chiefs are already saying that there's not enough of us. We can't handle all these fires in all these places. They have to come up with a better system. They have to come up with provisioning water in advance so that they can fight these things more effectively. And that's just the way. That's the way that this has to go going forward. There have to be I know, they're not going to be consequences, right, No one's good. Well, I mean, we might find out how this fire was started. I've heard people say it maybe down power lines from the wind, could be fireworks.
Speaker 2: We'll see, But consequences in terms of the response, that's not going happened.
Speaker 1: But could we at least get the accountability of better preparation for the next time while we're still focused on this. I know it's oh, it's still going on, so why would we think, well, yeah, but everyone's paying attention now, and California and the liberal media that dominates there and dominates in so many places across the country, they're going to say, this is about climate change, and that's absurd. That's an absurdity. It is not climate change. And even if it were, that's like saying, well, there's nothing we can do about it. So no, that's that's that's an unacceptable, unacceptable viewpoint on this, and it just falls into their usual, you know, ideological orthodoxy.
Speaker 2: They just want to believe it so badly. So yeah, there's that, and.
Speaker 1: Now we'll move next here to something that's far less serious, well, at least in the in the assuming that it continues as it is. I don't think we're going to invade Greenland or Canada, but there's been a change in the way that people in the media and just in the Democrat Party in general, I think, are having to respond to Trump and some of the stuff he's been saying.
Speaker 2: About Greenland and Canada and elsewhere. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: The Fed's actions a couple of weeks ago in December are all you needed to see to seriously consider making an investment in gold. They telegraph the message those of the know think that we'll see inflation this year. That means the value of our dollar will be worth less a year from now. How do you protect the value of your savings account? You invest a portion of it in gold. Having both dollars and gold in your savings account and four oh one K has proven to be the most effective way of maintaining value. That's the single best way for you to protect the overall value of your savings account.
Speaker 2: And four oh one K.
Speaker 1: Birch Gold is the company I'm going to suggest you work with. Be in touch with them today. You can text them, call them, or visit their website Birch Gold Group. You can convert an IRA or four oh one K into an IRA in physical gold. Go to Birch Gold dot com, slash buck that's Birch gold dot com slash buck, or text that's my name buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight and get the information today that you need. Text buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight today. So Trump has been talking a lot about last few days, some different possibilities for expanding the US map.
Speaker 2: And I know.
Speaker 1: That for a lot of people this is let's just say, they find this a little bit.
Speaker 2: Too much. They don't think it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: And the probability of it is different than whether it's a worth a discussion. I would say that the probability of this occurring is something other than what that's We don't have to focus on that necessarily, because why does Trump want to accomplish this?
Speaker 2: What is the purpose is?
Speaker 1: What is it that he sees in this possibility. Well, first let's start with Greenland. It's a lot of land with a lot of resources. It's obviously covered in ice mostly but glaciers, but there's strategic value to it because of the desire for sea lanes through the Arctic as well as just Arctic competition, particularly with Russia. There's a lot of resources there to be mined and to be used for the good of humanity. And it gives us more strategic depth, it gives us more land, it gives more access to natural fresh water. And it's so funny, mean, people just act like maps are are these things that are written in stone. Maps just look through history. Maps change all the time of countries. You know, there are maps that are content. Maps are in flux over the long haul. They're all in flux. Really, we look at our own history in this country. We started out pretty small, and then things grew, and then we bought some things, and we took some things, and we bought some things, and we took some things, and then, as we know, we have some far flung possessions. I mean, that's really the If there was going to be a roadmap for this, it would be something along the lines of you know, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto rican Go. You could turn Greenland into a territory. You wouldn't want to make it a state. I wouldn't want to have fifty five thousand people getting two Senate votes, right, I mean, so we're not trying to make it the fifty first state, but making it a territory. I don't know why that strikes anyone strange. Why should Denmark have it as a territory. Think about that. Turn it around for a second. Denmark is this small European country that has this massive land mass that has administered for however many years it is now, so Denmarket's to have it, but we don't. It doesn't you know, this is all It should be all up for discussion. It's not like we're going to be uprooting ten million people from their homes or something by doing this, and it should be something that could be considered and discussed.
Speaker 2: Now Denmark says, oh no, we'd never do this. Why what is Denmark doing with this thing? Right? They've got some great attachment to Greenland? Give me a break. Now.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to go through. Probably not, but it's an interesting idea. Yeah, it's an interesting idea. The Canada stuff is just pure trolling. I will say, that's pretty funny. And Trump is just trolling Canada having fun with it.
Speaker 2: I know. I think Pierre Polyev knows that.
Speaker 1: Although you're saying, you know, well, yeah, will never be the fifty first state, but will be a great ally to America, It's like, yeah, no, I mean that's what Canada is and that's what we would expect. But yeah, no one's actually thinking that we're going to take No one's actually think that we're going to take Canada. That's that's not happening, right, the Greenland idea is I think a little bit more, a little bit more serious. I think looking at the relationship with Canada and trying to streamline it for the purposes of trade, which Trump barready did with the US Mexic Canada Agreement. But that certainly makes a degree of sense to me. But the the effort to get Greenland, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't. It's not going to go anywhere. But it's fun to think about.
Speaker 1: It's fun to think about, and it's also Oh and then of course my favorite thing was actually the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: Instead of the Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are there are plenty of places actually that have multiple place names, and that there is some disagreement about what they should be called.
Speaker 2: And really, shouldn't we be able to call it what we want? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, we're not, you know, we're not saying we're trying to change sovereignty over it. But the left is so obsessed with controlling what things are called. And yet they turn around and then when we say hold on, we're going to change some names too, or we're going to change some things back.
Speaker 2: Why do you care so much about this? Why does it matter? To you.
Speaker 1: Well, clearly there's something in a name, and that's that's something they have recognized themselves, I think, in the past, and pretend not to now for their own reasons. So anyway, sorry, I've been sick all week, as you might know if you've listened to the radio show. So still trying to battle through a little bit here. I've got a lot of congestion and my voice is not great yet, but I want to join you all for a buck brief today, so I appreciate you hanging out with me for that. Will be a lot more coming up this week, and obviously all of twenty twenty five. Among the new year's wishes and thanks for a great twenty twenty four that I've received. One comes from Bear Creek Arsenal, and they want to have a record setting twenty twenty five in terms of more gun owners discovering quality firearms manufactured by them, Barckcreek Arsenal. Their mission has been to provide affordable firearms products for everyday Americans. I own a number of their firearms myself, and they give me great shooting and fantastic performance. I'm telling you their mission has seen them slowly but surely become a leader in firearms innovation with an ever growing catalog of high quality products. Stay updated about everything happening with Bear Creek Arsenal. You'll find them online at Bear Creekarsenal dot com. That's Bearcreekarsenal dot com, Bear Creek Arsenal dot com. Thanks for hanging out with me for a short buck brief today, Team Shields High