Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 3: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance Company's.
Speaker 1: Bell game show presented by the Park's Casino MACTI Double Oh Baby Love chabb to beat on the back down against weapon on Empowers. File slabs of the seventy six Ers postgame show right now on ninety seven five, the fanatic.
Speaker 3: Thirty four point victory for the home Golden State Warriors in San Francisco over the Sixers. This is the seventy six Ers Parks Casino post game show. The final score. Golden State won thirty nine in Philadelphia at one oh five on the second night of a road back to back that started last night with a loss in Sacramento. Matt Murphy here with you will be rejoined by Tom McGuinness. We will also effort Nick Nurse's postgame press conference. Thirty points for Stephen Curry to lead all scorers. He went eight for eight from three. He also had a game high ten assists plus six rebounds in thirty minutes, so he wears number thirty. He played thirty, he scored thirty. He didn't miss a three, the most makes from three without a miss in his illustrious career. Sixers were led by Joel Embiid, who was back in the lineup. He had a team high twenty eight points a game high fourteen rebounds. Didn't play in the fourth quarter. Because of this lopsided score. The Sixers pulled their the rest of their starters pretty early in the fourth, so Embiid plays thirty one minutes goes for twenty eight and fourteen. Paul George had nineteen points. Tyrese Maxi held to fourteen on four of thirteen shooting. Yabusele had thirteen off the bench, eleven of those in the first half. Ricky Council the fourth with twelve as the other sixer in double figures. But let's cross back over with Tom mcguinnis. As we await Nick Nurse and Tom, we have got to start with Stephen Curry and it felt like he was contested on most, if not all, of those shots, but we know he doesn't need a lot of room.
Speaker 1: He did disagree, but he's so good off the dria that he creates space and therefore his shots are kind of not contested, right, not always. Some of those threes were transition threes where he just comes out and like I said that jokingly, you know, said the one was from sal Solito. But it doesn't matter because he's so good he creates He's the king of the step back. Really, like I said, like I never miss an opportunity to watch him warm up, just because you feel like, hey, at this stage, how much longer are you going to get to see that, and b if you love the sport and you're a fan of shoot, I'm a big fan of how guys practice and how they shoot. You watch Steph Curry warm up. I mean it's a privilege, right, I mean to be courtside, I was taking pictures and then you watch him come out and implement it in the game and it's just amazing. And you could just see him going through the computer like the imaginations of how he's going to get free. But he's also a great passer, like some of those one hand left hand cross court passes he had the one to cominga. He's just an extraordinary player. And then again and he's doing it against the Sixers, so it's not you know, like you know, but he plays with joy that the game is meant to be fun, and yeah, it gets tough and it's a business and there's a lot of elements of it that are downers like this, you know, huge disappointing loss for the Sixers in the performance, but he's out there with glee and that's a rarity, right, And he's it's just an extraordinary talent and is born out of obviously a god given talent. His father was one of the great shooters ever. But the work and the perfection, and you think how much time he puts in. It's and he's in some of the greatest shape of any player ever, on and on and on. It's just it's an amazing thing. And we saw greatness tonight personified.
Speaker 3: And with his ten assists it's his fifth double double all with points and assists of the season thirty points and a game high ten assist as well for Steph Curry in thirty minutes and Beid was back but still no Oubra and then Drummond goes back out of the lineup, joining McCain and kJ Martin as inactive for the Sixers. Tom, what were some of your other takeaways from this game?
Speaker 1: Well, I just, you know, in a general sense, I think the Sixers just didn't have the bounce or the juice here tonight. And again a back to back and like as you were asking me last night, this is that a common thing to bust down to San Francisco, And yeah, I mean so, like you can't ask for back to backs are tough period, right because you know other sports played back to back bait, But it's not the cardio and the physicality come that comes with basketball, pro basketball, and so again, you know, like it wasn't and it's not like the Sixers got here at three in the morning, but they just didn't have it. They're in the midst of a long road trip when you consider they went to Boston and Christmas Eve and even though they went back to Philadelphia, I mean that's they're still going to and fro and that that's kind of the big takeaway, Like they just they didn't they weren't able to compete on the level of the Warriors. The Warriors, as you noted Matt early, thirteen baskets, thirteen assists. They were zipping the ball around and they got too many easy baskets because of their you know how they were playing with the aggressiveness and you know this, this had to be one of the if not their best game of the year. And the Sixers, on the other hand, had you know, one of their least effective games.
Speaker 3: Sixty one percent shooting for Golden State after thirty three in their last game is just incredible. So you could say, I mean a great team or a dynastic team, if you will. The Curry team would would be due to bounce back, would but would you think they would double it? I don't shoot twice as well. I don't think so. It was their best three.
Speaker 1: Point Sorry coaches talking, if I could interrupt, let's see you could hear you got a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of a energy issue obviously tonight. I think that.
Speaker 5: Created a little bit by both fans. Really, I thought we didn't establish very very much offensively early, kind of kind of tried to jump shoot them out early, and that just put us in transition and they were obviously part of what they were going to do tonight was try to run us after the back to back and just in general, right and we just we just were we were late back, we were they were moving a heck of a lot faster than we were, just a step behind right from the start at both ends, and that just dug ourselves a huge hole and it just kind of continued.
Speaker 6: That was there for you guys hangover from last night? That mean how you lost the game?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean maybe I think I think you got to get over those quick.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: If that was part of it or just just uh, you know, a lot of our key guys played big minutes last night and then don't get anything to show for it, really, but you know you got to come, you got to come to play. That's the schedule, and you got to get ready to go to battle, and and uh, we certainly weren't ready at the start tonight.
Speaker 2: Just how would you assess Joelle's performance overall tonight?
Speaker 5: Well, I think again, uh not, I'm not sure. I liked r include myself in this are establishing him early in the game, right, and and he kind of was out of the game for the first even though he was in, he was wasn't really involved in the game, I should say it, probably as much as we needed him to be. Then obviously, you know, we start finding him and he started going to work and I thought he was pretty aggressive, you know, got took it inside, got to the free throw line quite a bit. I kind of liked the way he played, But we probably should have involved him at the start.
Speaker 2: There was a point in the third where I think you got it down to like thirteen or something like that, and that's when Steph kind of went on that run. Just when you're in the midst of that when like an all time great player is doing what they do, Like, just what does that feel like as.
Speaker 5: A coach, Well, I mean, I think that is that like the first time I've been through it. I think I think what what you got to do is understand that it may be coming right. He may he may make three in a row or something, and the biggest thing is your team. He can't get too dispirited. You just got to understand that you just got to keep doing your best. I mean, we obviously didn't make him miss a three all night, right, but a lot of that was just you know, most of those were just lost him in transition and things, and we couldn't couldn't get matched up, or we got weird matchups, and then we we just didn't do a good enough job on him. But when you're in the middle of one of those, you gotta you gotta try to get the ball back and get down there and try and get some of it back and then just keep fighting.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's gonna make He's gonna make him.
Speaker 5: He's probably the greatest shooter ever to play, So can't be too surprised if he if he makes a fun in a row or he banks went in or whatever he ends up doing.
Speaker 6: Is there a little bit more of an onus for you guys to I don't want to say play perfect, because nobody's gonna play perfect.
Speaker 4: Now, is there a little bit more on.
Speaker 6: Us for you guys to play as close to really well as possible given the start of your season?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I think that.
Speaker 5: Uh again, I think he go look at maybe the last fifteen or sixteen games, and and there's there's been you know, maybe fourteen of the sixteen we've played pretty well. We really really you know, executed, give ourselves a chance. We didn't win them all, but we give ourselves a chance to did win a lot of them. Probably gonna get one or two of these sprinkled in, uh, in a in a twenty game span, right, So I think we've got our our two sprinkled in now, right.
Speaker 4: But but you know, to your point.
Speaker 5: We gotta we got to regroup, man, and go get this next one and ends up being a decent road trip, not not an easy road trip, ends up being a decent road trip if we can go get the next one, yep, coach.
Speaker 4: I mean get getting back to Curry. But also one of those nights too, where it looked like he was just he was just making it was kind of in his zone.
Speaker 1: Tonight, because there were a couple times he made some shots were even I think he seemed surprised by the you know, by the by the result.
Speaker 5: He had a couple of those, I think, But jeez, he certainly made a lot of spectacular shots. I think the bank, the one he banked in obviously probably surprises anybody.
Speaker 4: And then he pulled one from about forty feet.
Speaker 5: I think it might have been his last one, but it was one of the last ones, and he made that one too, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, listen him.
Speaker 5: You let him shoot it in any way he's got a chance of making it go in. He can make him guarded, he can make them from anywhere on the court, and he can make them in a variety of ways.
Speaker 1: Sixers coach Nick Nurse has been the great play of Stephan Curry, who tonight for the Golden State Warriors against the Sixers went eight for eight from three. He had thirty points, tenn assists in thirty minutes. And it's the single bit. How about that it is the single best shooting game that Stephan Curry when you consider threes. He'd been perfect before, but never with more than six threes. So eight for eight is a personal best and it's one of the greatest shooting displays really, I would think, in the history of the game. And he did it tonight in a one to thirty nine, one hundred and five victory for the Warriors over the Sixers. And there's your analysis from coach Nick Nurse.
Speaker 3: Matt, I'll probably repeat this in the next segment, Tom, but from the NBC Sports Philly broadcast, I believe Curry the fifth player in NBA history to shoot eight for eight from three or better. So only five players have done it. Brunt Brunson did it.
Speaker 1: One of the best steps.
Speaker 3: Yep, Brunson did it not this past December, but December twenty twenty three. And I don't know if it was eight on the dot or more, but yeah, Curry eight for eight. He didn't have to play much in the in the fourth quarter after kind of forcing it with the forcing the subs. With that eighth three and Sixers are now thirteen and nineteen. The Warriors are seventeen and sixteen after this one thirty nine, one oh five Warriors win over the Sixers in San Francisco. This is our Parks Casino postgame show. And Tom now with this, with this road trip. They go to Brooklyn after a bunch of games on the West coast. So just your thoughts on your final thoughts on the road ahead from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, again, it's it's kind of a head scratcher, and I think it's due to again, the schedule is built kind of like a descending pyramid, and that is these games that are national TV games. I mean Christmas, the Saturday night ABC game. I think you know how it works. So I think that affects the schedule because the Warriors are on TV quite a bit too with Curry, So I think that affects the schedule because this is rare. I can only honestly remember doing this maybe one of well for sure one other time, maybe one another time. And that is two total and thirty years where you play a West coast road trip and then go back and play an East coach game. My first year we did that, it was from Sacramento to Orlando and even then and that's when the Sixers are really struggling. You're like what and it was a very tough game. So it's going to be across country flight and then it's a six o'clock Saturday evening game. Uh. The Warriors have a long trip where they come back west and they play against Utah and Salt Lake City and then they come home and play it back to back home game. So it happens, you know, but it's certainly gonna be tough, and like coach Nurse said, you got you gotta find a way against Brooklyn that's been scuffling a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, right.
Speaker 1: They traded away Shrewder and whatnot.
Speaker 3: They'd be at Milwaukee tonight. At Milwaukee up.
Speaker 1: Until tonight, they've been scuffling though, but you know, they traded away Dori and Finney Smith and Shake and whatever. But you know, it's certainly a gettable game, but it's gonna be, you know, one where the Sixers have to summon their energy and kind of make amends after these two losses, after they had been playing so well.
Speaker 3: Tonight it was the Steph Curry Show. And now the thirteen and twenty one Nets are the next opponent in Brooklyn on Saturday night, while Tom Safe travels back east.
Speaker 1: Thanks as always, all right, Murph, goodnight, thank you, good morning.
Speaker 4: Five.
Speaker 3: The Warriors win this one, one off their season high for points. They scored one forty at Portland in their first game of this season. They did shoot a season best from from the floor sixty one percent and fifty six percent from three. They made twenty two out of thirty nine to threes, led by Curries eight for eight. We'll contextualize that stat a little bit more. We will go through the box score, individuals and team and hear some of some of the Curry threes and other key plays in this game with Tom McGinnis's calls on them on the other side. So again, the Sixers fall on the second night of the back to back with MB back in the lineup, by a final score of one to thirty nine, one oh five, and we'll wrap things up when we come back. This is the Parks Casino seventy six Ers postgame show. The Golden State Warriors just had their five hundred and thirty fifth consecutive sellout eighteen thousand and sixty four in at ten today in San Francisco at Chase Center, and they were treated to a one thirty nine to one to zho five win over the seventy six Ers. It's the seventeenth win for the Warriors, who go above five hundred at seventeen and sixteen, while the Sixers drop both games in this Sacramento Golden State rode back to back and fall to thirteen and nineteen. Welcome back to the Parks Casino post game show. Stephen Curry was the story. Thirty points, six rebounds, and ten assists. Points and assists were a game high for any player. He played twenty nine minutes and forty nine seconds, but he didn't miss from three eight for eight. And I'll give Tom this, as we were talking about the contest level of the Sixers defense on most of these the eighth make, he really did have the pull up and separate needed to shoot over the defense and it wasn't as much of a contest as a couple of the other ones in there. And Tom made a great point about how much space Curry is able to create, but he doesn't always need a lot and a couple over Paul George. The outstretched hand of six foot eight Paul George earlier in the game stood out to me. So Curry gets thirty. Joel Embiid gets twenty eight for the Sixers, plus a game high fourteen rebounds. He plays the second night of the back to back. Maxi had four steals, which were a game high, but his twenty point scoring streak ends at ten games. He would have if he had six more points, so he goes for fourteen, came out early in the fourth quarter because of the lopsided score. He would have matched a career high with eleven straight twenty point games if he had gotten there tonight. Nineteen for Paul George on seven of twelve, shooting three for six from three in thirty two minutes, thirteen for Yabusele off the bench, twelve for Ricky Council the fourth off the bench. Those the five double figure scorers for Philadelphia, who shot us forty two percent overall twenty nine percent from three. Their numbers there looked like what the Warriors did last game, only making nine threes. On Monday against Cleveland, Sixers were nine for thirty one from three. The best three point shooting for them was Paul George's three for six. The free throw line, they went thirty four times, making twenty eight compared to fifteen attempts for the Warriors, who went eleven for fifteen. Outside of Curry, it was twenty points for Jonathan Kuminga off the bench. He is their second leading scorer on average. They had three fifteen point scorers in the starting lineup shrewder Wiggins, Draymond and then Lindy Waters had ten off the bench. Lindy Waters the third and Moses Moody had twelve off the bench for a Warriors team.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 3: Now for our stat of the game before the highlights. It's multiple stats of the game. It's a season high shooting night for them from the floor and from the three, and in assists, the most they've had in a game this season. So they shot sixty one percent from the field, which is about ten percentage points better than any other game they've had this season. They made twenty two of their thirty nine threes, which is fifty six percent, a season best, and they had forty one assists on fifty three made field goals. That's the most assists they've had in the game in a game this season, and only four off of the NBA single game season high set by the Knicks, who had forty five. Ten of the forty one assists coming from Steph Curry, who that the stat of all stats tonight was that it was his most makes from three in his career without a miss, eight for eight. Let's hear how it sounded as called by Tom McGain the Sixers and the Warriors in San Francisco. Sixers in royal blue uniforms, Warriors in white with red font Their classic addition a uniform is inspired by the Philadelphia Warriors era. The starting lineup for the Sixers was their nineteenth of the season nineteenth different starting lineup in game thirty two. Kelly Oubre Junior was out, Andre Drummond was out, kJ Martin, Jerry McCain, so it was Kyle Lowry and for Ubre, Tyrese Maxi, Paul George, Caleb Martin and Joel Embiid back in at center. TNT actually said Golden State prior to tip off had the most different starting lineups in the NBA at eighteen, but in fact their opponent, the Sixers, used their nineteenth tonight against them. Warriors started the game seventeen to seven, up seventeen seven. They went on to shoot seven for twelve overall from three in the first quarter after going nine for eighteen nine for thirty eight last game, and part of the seven for twelve was a three for three effort from three for new Warrior Dennis Shrewder.
Speaker 1: Game to a corner Moody here's kaminga running that embad to the left side shooter. He'll fire for three, and that's good. And Dennis Shrewter is now three for three from beyond. He's got nine points. The Warriors are five threes and they've taken a fourteen point lead with a minute sixteen to go.
Speaker 3: With the first Shrewder tonight became the second German player to ever make one thousand NBA threes. Dirk, you might have guessed, was the first. Shrewder had fifteen in his eighth game as a Warrior, getting traded from Brooklyn, who is the Sixers next opponent. They led thirty five nineteen after the first quarter. They assisted on all thirteen of their madefield goals in the first second quarter. With mb back in the lineup, the Sixers were trying to claw back into this one. And with the jumper in a half where he would score thirteen and grab eight rebounds.
Speaker 1: Lead his fifty five thirty eight and beat at the nailed jap step jumper fall away seventeen footer and that's good. Well, now three of seven and fourteen minutes, six points, four rebounds of two assists. That shot appears to be there at any given moment against Trace Jackson Davis.
Speaker 3: Fifty five forty Golden State and beat ends up shooting eight for nineteen from the field in three quarters of work. Didn't play in the fourth thirty one minutes, one for three from three to eleven for fourteen at the line, thirteen of his twenty eight points in the first half, but Stephan Curry in the first half would improve to three for three from three.
Speaker 1: Caleb Martin can't hold on to the rebound of the Warriors, get it back, shooter the left side, Curry, catch it, shoot on Eric Gordon and it's good. Stephan Curry three for three from beyond.
Speaker 3: That in a sixty three fifty game, and they led sixty eight to fifty two at halftime, despite a big second quarter for the Sixers Big three in which Embiid, Paul George and Maxi combined to score twenty five of their thirty four first half points, because the team only scored nineteen in the first quarter, but they were still down sixteen at halftime sixty eight fifty two, and Curry kept it going. It was a six for six start from three after he banked one in and then let's go inside the arc. With with Stephan Curry. This was a tough shot over Eric Gordon that forces a Sixers time out, and even Tom was Tom was channeling his inner Doctor Seuss on this call.
Speaker 1: Ninety two sixty nine. Curry with the dribble, steps back, long two shot in the air, and that's good as well. How he frees up. I mean, it's one thing to do it off the ball, but he could do it with the dribble as well. See a point guard guard. Well, he's one of the greatest players ever. Stephan Curry with quite a flurry now twenty four points, eight assist, So the Warriors have built a twenty five point league.
Speaker 3: Ninety four to sixty nine. Curry had thirteen in the third quarter. That would end with a big dunk from Mbid, who actually outscored Curry in the third.
Speaker 1: There's five to shoot. Here's embad on a drive into the lank. It's free and jams it throws it down. Big third quarter for Joel Still though the Sixers with eleven seconds to go trail one oh one seventy eight. Powerful right hand dunk is in b plays the entire third quarter, thirty one minutes of action.
Speaker 3: And the Warriors would tack on two more points one oh three seventy eight going to the fourth after outscoring the Sixers thirty five twenty six in the third. Despite the fifteen third quarter points for Embid out of his twenty eight on the night and then fourth quarter, there's not much more to say other than Stefan Curry.
Speaker 1: Maxie tough three. That's short Curry with the rebound. Curry with a left hand dribble, stops and fires another three in a ten one of the great shooting performances you'll ever see. As Curry another tray. He's eight of eight from beyond the arc and the Warriors lead won sixteen to eighty six. A thirty point game.
Speaker 3: Curry was eleven for fifteen overall. It's his twelfth career perfect game from beyond the arc. Again his most attempts though, twice with six threes. Tonight, with eight Sixers called a time out, took the starters out and beat hadn't come back in yet, and the final score ends up being the Golden State Warriors one thirty nine and the Philadelphia seventy six Ers one oh five. In San Francisco. Sixers road trip continues, but it continues on the East Coast with a Saturday night game in Brooklyn against the Nets, team that just beat the Milwaukee Bucks for the second time. Recently, sandwiched in between a handful of losses, they have made multiple trades, including sending Shrewder to the Golden State Warriors, and he had fifteen for them tonight in twenty five minutes. They also traded Dorian Finney Smith and Shake Milton to the Lakers. D'Angelo Russell is now back with the Brooklyn Nets as they'll meet the Sixers. He had a double double with assists in the win. They were led by Cam Johnson. Camp Thomas is back from injury. Johnson made six threes. That is what awaits the seventy six ers elsewhere in the NBA tonight before we sign off, the Oklahoma City Thunder have extended their winning streak to a league best thirteen straight games. They are twenty eight and five. It was a sixteen point comeback for them against the Clippers, final score one sixteen ninety eight. The Clippers were without James Harden. That Bucks lost to the Nets one thirteen to one ten, and then just one more out of the six games slate we'll cover half of it. Indiana had a one twenty eight one fifteen win at Miami, and there was some Jimmy Butler drama post game as the the Heat lose at home to the Pacers by thirteen. The first fan voting returns came out today for the NBA All Star Game, which will be played in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Warriors as the host Chase Center. There's Sixers info at Sixers dot com slash all Star. You can vote through the NBA app and on the website vote dot NBA dot com. Maxi as of today is seventh for Eastern Conference. Guards Embiide and Paul George are eighth and ninth in the East front court. Surprisingly, Curry was was not the leading Western Conference guard. Maybe he will be in the next round of fan voting returns if he keeps having games like tonight. He was third behind Shay Gilgess, Alexander and Luka Doncic, and they had another Warriors player on there in the front court. Andrew Wiggins was eighth in the front court. He one of the three fifteen point scorers for the Warriors in the win over the Sixers. The SGA was among the leading vote getters over all. The top five in this order in the first round of All Star voting Giannis Jokich, Tatum, Durant, and SGA. This has been the seventy six Ers postgame Show presented by Parks Casino. The final score of the Golden State Warriors one thirty nine the Philadelphia seventy six Ers one oh five. Thanks so much to our producers Matt man Ark and Brendan Petrilli, and of course Tom McGuinness on the call. That next Sixers game Saturday night in Brooklyn is a six pm Eastern road start against the Nets, and our coverage here on the Sixers Radio Network presented by Jackpott City Casino. We'll begin at five point fifty Eastern. Until then, I'm Matt Murphy saying thanks so much for listening, have a great start to your weekend, and take care