Speaker 1: Welcome into the game plan logan.
Speaker 2: This one's extra specially and it seems wild called baby.
Speaker 1: We are in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: We catch up with here coaches dan Quinn and talk all about our matchup today in Tampa. Back and we're talking matches as always to end the show and hopefully these matches.
Speaker 1: Hope we'll get the advantage and get this w today on Tampa.
Speaker 3: All that more on the game plan.
Speaker 2: Welcome you in head coach to the game playing dan Quinn. You made it to the playoffs in your first year. How great does that feel, especially doing in your first year with the Commanders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's cool man.
Speaker 4: It's good to be on with you guys and our postseason editions you need to have some more so it's all good man, guys doing well and the energy does ramp up, and that's natural, you know, when you get to the postseason and using that energy and make it normal to know that, like, hey, it's the execution, the focus to going into it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we're ready to rip.
Speaker 5: And imagine you're kind of a unique position having been there a couple of times, Like how do you kind of draw on that experience to kind of say, hey, this is this is some things to expect. This is some things we should just be thinking about in the season.
Speaker 4: The first thing I did was, hey, man, the weeks are all planned out for it. You don't have worry about anything. All you have to worry about it And I actually showed the calendar, like that's all squared away.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is is this week.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Just make sure that's all that matters. Like when you get into a tournament setting, it's all it is this game, this matchup. How do you dig in the focus for the game plan and use that energy little turbo boost you know, it's a good thing for you. And so knowing that that's normal to have that kind of good energy and then put it right back into the plan, he can play, can play better the game plan, and so make it feel a normal energy like you're supposed to have.
Speaker 3: A little a little more juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Culch will be taking on the type of a Buccaneers today face them in week one.
Speaker 1: Yep, I notice is a loaded questionable. What's changed since then?
Speaker 3: Well, it's very rare that you get to go full circle.
Speaker 4: In one season that's not a division opponent, And so I think there's It's interesting started our season with there and we're beginning our second season there, and so I hope a lot's changed in eighteen weeks. I know we're not the same, but it's a great measuring stick to see how much we have improved and the things we've gotten better at the scheme we knew that would develop. But to see the players, their connection, their love for one another, how hard they play situation football, that's something that I couldn't tell them eighteen weeks from now, You're.
Speaker 3: Going to get a lot better, you know. But I knew that they had a lot of areas that we would grow.
Speaker 4: And now that we've been through some tests together, they're a tough team, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: But we're not also the same team from that week.
Speaker 5: So like, how do you look at the eval you know, because like weak one seems like a lifetime ago, you know what I'm saying. So when you're evaluating Tampa Bay, you're like, oh, these are some things they did well that we can kind of make sure we double click on in the week of practice, or you say, hey, that was so long ago. They've changed a lot to like where do you draw that line in terms of kind of getting ready for the game.
Speaker 4: You want to make use the game obviously, but you also want to make sure that nothing's going to be just rinse and repeating. These are some concepts they did. This was successful. I would expect them to try that again. These are also a number of things on all three phases over the last you know, seventeen weeks that we've got to be prepared for. But like most things, you know, they're slogan in the postseason like it's explosive plays and tackling and things that it's fundamentals really like, that's why we do work so hard at that so when we do get to this time of season, you're not making things up. And so it's like I went in Monday and said, you know, I had a great idea. We're going to change a bunch of things this week. We're going to practice at night, and they're kind of looking at me like with their head tilt.
Speaker 3: They said, no, man, I'm just bullshitting. We're going to do everything in the same fashion.
Speaker 4: You know what we're do on Wednesdays and Thursdays and Fridays, and knowing that, you know when that gets you ready to.
Speaker 2: Play, and our rookie quarterback Jay and Daniels has looked so impressive this year, but now this is first time on that big playoff stage.
Speaker 1: What has been your messaging to him as we go in since today's game.
Speaker 3: More than anything, he's got some really good leaders around him too. Hey, this is what you should expect.
Speaker 4: There'll be some more heightened media and that type of thing, but this is a guy that has handled a lot, you know, in the last few years, and so I've got a lot of confidence in him, a lot of belief and trust based on the work that he's done with us, and so he doesn't have to put the cape on those cape. Moments will come and he'll deliver in those times. So it's got a bunch of good guys here to you know, distribute the ball and do all the things. So he's just got to play unique to himself.
Speaker 5: Well, he said that, because I think, you know, like when you look at his season, it's been really special, and he's a guy that just seems to kind of match the moment in a really special way. If you coach anybody else that's kind of had that knack, because it does seem like a skill to a certain extent will get that.
Speaker 3: There's definitely an X factor to this game.
Speaker 4: There're no doubt about it is it's a scramble on a third or fourth down, it's making a play in the crucial moment. I do think a lot of that comes logan from the preparation, Like he really puts it in and so in these moments, yep, we call this play.
Speaker 3: We're ready for this one.
Speaker 4: So he has a little bit of a combination of the preparation which allows you to be confident and then also like the competitor does take over in some of those moments and he has been in a lot.
Speaker 2: Of those, and Coach, we've talked a lot about all season winning that battle in the trenches.
Speaker 1: Well, the Bucks they have a really tough.
Speaker 2: Rushing attack, I mean really tough rushing defense. We have a really tough rushing attack. How do we get that going against a defense like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's They're very unique in that way.
Speaker 4: They're aggressive, they blitz a lot, and so the size alone inside, so you have to be able to find some lanes and find some space for us to get our backs outside, to get our quarterback on the run as well, and so the run game in this one will be everybody involved, from receivers, running backs, tight ends, the blocking, the quarterbacks, you know, carrying out fakes, carrying the ball, and so knowing that it takes all eleven, there'll be some balance.
Speaker 3: With that, but you're right, it's an excellent front.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I think one of the things that sticks out to me about this as I feel like Cliff and Anthony Linne have done a great job kind of schematically getting the guys ready each week, trying to find those little wrinkles to say, hey, this is this is where you can get an inch. Can you talk about their role and making sure these guys are ready to rock a up.
Speaker 4: Well, as you know that some teams play four down structure, five down structure, you know, blitzing team, you want to have some rules that you can follow clearly, you know this person's not normally there.
Speaker 3: Why is the next person here?
Speaker 4: And so knowing there's some ones by a structure, this is the run that we can call and if we don't like it, it, hey let's get out of that run and get.
Speaker 3: Into a play that we like. And we call those premiere looks.
Speaker 4: And so if we can get to a run of something that we like that's at the line of scrimmage, and that's part of being in no huddle. You can get to some looks that you like and maybe not run into some that you don't. And so having the balance to be able to do both of those that's a big deal. And then a team that blitzes a lot. RPOs are a factor. You know, if you're gonna blitz, you've got to be able to make somebody pay.
Speaker 5: I think that's so interesting because like I think fans just like, oh, you just got to run your but the idea of you can kind of play that chess checkers game beforehand, I think it's really it's huge. I didn't really think about that.
Speaker 4: But that's also and that's part of the fun of being at the line of scrimmage and working through it. But there's a whole complement of plays that go, you know, with certain looks and the reps.
Speaker 3: Over and over and over again. You really dig into it.
Speaker 1: And before we move on to the defense, we have to give one seven.
Speaker 2: Sarah McLaurin his Flowers made history thirteenth touchdown, but the way he did it in the final seconds of the game, how do you take that momentum from such a big play, bring it into tonight's game.
Speaker 4: And I think so many people, because if Terry's history, have this the vision of all the deep ball throws and that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: He's also excellentized contested catchup. Yes, he's got really strong hands, and that's what playing receiver in our league a lot of times is like it has to be thrown to a certain spot the defenders going to make and he has such an aggressive nature to go get the ball. I think that's an under appreciated part of his game because we see so many big, long shot plays, but he had some third downs that were absolutely critical for us.
Speaker 5: I got him on the film Coach, don't you. I got him on the film right because they're about the Flowers man.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but I think like to see him in that moment kind of do what he's done all year, Like what what was the locker room like for him? Because again, that's a that's a pretty prestigious record. There's some pretty big names.
Speaker 3: On that list.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 4: In fact, I told him that we're just sitting at his locker after the game. I said, we've been playing football for a long time around here. Some black and white photos out in that hall, I said, So to have your name at the top of that list with some real heavy hitters, job well done.
Speaker 2: And our defense we've seen them. We talk about Jane's progress. We've seen our defense progress each and every week. Now they're going against Baker Mayfield and all of these weapons. How do you best prepare them? How have you prepared them for such a self battle tonight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a tough battle, and but it is the improvement that you see. You know, I think of a guy like Seymer still, you know, that continues to level up his game and again and again, and so that type of improvement. When we're talking about where were we from week one to week eighteen, it's players like Mike that are making significant jumps in their game to show their improvement, and Frankie's and Kwan's and there's a number of others I could list, Jeremy Chin and so to see them develop, I think that's a big piece to this to in their preparation and how they get ready.
Speaker 5: It's so funny you mentioned all those names because to me, when you watch the first game, compared to you know, even the Dallas game, just the structure of the defense and what guys are doing is so much. It's like night and day, you know what I mean. And I think just like the development of everybody kind of understanding their role and finding opportunities has been really cool. And it's funny when people say, oh, what's different from week one to now, it's like kind of everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, And give a lot of credit to Joe and the guys to understand how to feature guys, put them in the right spots and doing the things that we do well, and it'll be a battle they all are. Yeah, But like I said, that's what's fun about you know, the playoffs is like everything that.
Speaker 3: You put in is just this game. It's just this matchup.
Speaker 4: And if you do that and you trust all the training and you go into that, by the time you get to day, man like, I'm ready for this game to get rolling and.
Speaker 1: Coach, I'm sure you've felt it on the road at home. How much the success of this team means that this community means to the DMV.
Speaker 2: Can you give a message in closing to the fans for their first time being in a playoffs since twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Can you give a message for the best fans in the NFL it as well?
Speaker 4: It is and I felt it more than any other game two weeks ago on a Sunday night against Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was special man to be on the field and to feel that type of energy behind the team. It's exactly what I hoped, you know, the team and the fans that type of connection could take place. And so to see it come full circle for that, that was like a highlight for me to know that was there. And then the second part of that after to see Burgundy and Gold, you know at AT and T last week coming off the field, Like for Adam and I, that was a really big deal to see, you know, our fans there in Texas, you know, knowing like they've got a big stadium and usually not a whole lot of other teams are in there. So to see at the end all the Burgundy and Gold as the team was walking off the field, that meant a hell of a lot to us.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how life works.
Speaker 2: You've got a standing ovation in that arena by Burgundy and Gold fans. Coach has been so great to see what you guys have done congratulations. We can't wait to see the game tonight, and I'm excited to se y'all get.
Speaker 3: In the from room.
Speaker 1: Logan's already to tease it up.
Speaker 3: Cat y'all, I appreciate you gs. Get on this plane and get down.
Speaker 1: The Commanded family. We know you are enjoying the game plan.
Speaker 2: However, if you want to see coach and Logan Paul said break down plays in the film room, you can check that out on the Commander's YouTube page.
Speaker 1: Commander's family is always the ticket to a win? Are these must watch matchup? Logan as usually got sixty seconds?
Speaker 3: Brothers wait the firl one.
Speaker 2: Jaden Daniels versus the mind of Todd Bowles in his defense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So to me, this all comes down to pressure. Todd Bowles wants the pressure on first down, once pressure on third down. He's really good at it. There. The Second lead the second League in terms of unblocked pressures. How does Jane Daniels handle that? We saw him scramble around the first matchup. How we see seeing these opportunities on the field. This to me is one that's going to dictate this game. Big test for JD five.
Speaker 2: Next up, we got the wild Wars taking on b to Va and those big guys up front from Bay And to.
Speaker 5: Me, this is really really kind of the crux of it because these guys want to stop the run. We run and won the football and it's really a battle of whills and hopefully clicks. Cliff Kingsbury can help these guys be the best version of themselves because this is a tough matchup for sure, one of.
Speaker 2: The best rushing defenses in the NFL, last but not least Logan Potty Wagner verse Bucky Irv.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to me, this is it because this is really the driver of their offense. Now, he does a great job in terms of, you know, finding explosive opportunity. He's really increased the rushing efficiency. And he's got to leave the defense k because they're gonna motion, They're gona shift and do all sorts of crazy stuff.
Speaker 3: He's gotta get everybody lined up, but I think he can.
Speaker 2: These are your must watch match ups for today's playoff game for head.
Speaker 1: Coach Dan Quinn, Logan Pauls and I'm Briancklevi Jr.
Speaker 3: And this is the game plan.
Speaker 1: Let's get this winning the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Big Commanders, Fam you could catch us every Sunday on WSA nine Sunday mornings, four year Games. This is game plan with Brian Coper, junior Logan Paulson that coach Dan Quinn until next Sunday commander's family were out. Mm hmm