Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Right you ready, when you're ready, let's get it all.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific, six Eastern. And it would not be Observer Live if everything wasn't ready to go right when the show went on the air. I got no video right now, but you know what, it's my fault because I forgot. But it should be up right now. Hey, there we go. All right, Well, now we're ready to go, and it is Tuesday on the show. We have lots to talk about here today. Last night was Raw and it was the go home show for Summer Slam, which is coming up on Saturday. And we have a full lineup for the Summer Slam show here today, which has at this point eight matches, and several matches that we thought were going to be on Summer Slam actually are not going to be on Summer Slam. They've made some changes and we'll tell you exactly why those changes were made. What's on the show and what is not. We've also got the NXT show tonight, which is the follow up from the Great American Bash. They've added a tag team match to the show, so we'll give you that one. Dynamite two hundred The two hundredth episode of Dynamite is tomorrow, and we have seven matches for that show, and I would presume, and I would pray actually that tomorrow we start hearing a lot more about Wembley because we are now four weeks away, and even Cmpunk on the Collision Show on Saturday asked, am I the first person to actually talk about this show here? It is time to start getting a card. It's been time for a while, and we do have an update on how you are going to be able to watch both that show and all out. We've also got some rating notes. The Thursday or the Saturday night Collision Show ended up doing a great number, that of course being with the MGF and Adam Cole versus FTR title match, so we'll tell you about that. What the highest rated thing on the show was same with SmackDown. Had a bunch of other news as well, So back in a moment to kick everything off, Wrestling Observer Live. Sure, I kind of.
Speaker 3: See the range, but they.
Speaker 1: Back in the show. Bright Elvarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike siberbb also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Got a lot of lineups to talk about here today. The NXT show is tonight, Everyone's favorite show. We have got a lot hira of val Kaira versus j C. Jaane, Die Jack versus Eddie Thorpe. The Schism is doing an interrogation segment those Maschism members. Man, We're gonna find out who those guys are tonight and Ulyssa Leone and Valentina Ferraz versus Lola Weiss and Electro Lopez. Now, granted, I expected that pre show match on the NXT pay per view to be bad, and apparently it was not. I heard nothing but great reviews about it, So maybe this one will surprise people. But if it does, I will be surprised, won't put it that way. Then we have the Dynamite two hundred lineup for tomorrow, Tony Storm versus A Karashida, Ossi Open versus Ejdel Vikingo and Commander Jericho, and Takesha versus Samy Gabar and daliel Garcia. Jack Perry goes face to face with the Jerry It is so bizarre. I've been watching these old NWATNA shows and Jerry Lynn is wrestling on every single show, and here I am twenty one years later, Jerry Lynn is doing a face to face. He's gonna beat some sense and to Jack Perry tomorrow, he says, just like he beats some sense in a young aj Styles twenty one years ago. What a stupid storyline. God, you know, I don't want to digress, but you know I've never been a fan of Vince Russo you know, man, I'm watching these old NWATNA shows that he is booking, and like, I don't want to say anything bad about anybody, but he's just like a dumb person. Like this stuff is so dumb. It doesn't make any sense anybody with a lick of sense, anybody with a like anything involving a working brain. Like I'll just give you one example. Okay, you guys, remember Sonny Siaki.
Speaker 2: I do all right?
Speaker 1: Well, Sonny Seaki is one of the Flying Elvis's. Okay, so like for the last three weeks, Sonny Siaki has been doing commentary why the football the Flying Elvis is wrestle and he's like, ah, these Flying Elvis is they suck. You know anything they do that's good they got from me. I taught them everything they know. I'm the best guy here. And so then you know, he does this couple weeks in a row, and then on the show that I just watch, it's like he does an interview backstage with Goldilocks, who, of course he has to bury and make fun of her. He goes, are you checking out my butt? You're not allowed to do that, and he just he cuts his total heel promo. Okay, three straight weeks, he's been a total heel. He's cocky, he's arrogant. He's cutting this heel promo and he goes, I'm gonna be wrestling here tonight. I meant I left those zelbs. This isn't home. I'm gonna show y'all how it's done here tonight, Goldie Horrible Lady or whatever. So he goes down to the ring and his opponent comes out and it's whatever, I forget the it's like Slash or whatever. It's Wolfy d.
Speaker 2: Slash, a heel.
Speaker 1: Yes, a member of James Mitchell's heel group. This guy goes in and he gets the heat on Sonny Siaki. Honey Sunday Sayaki is now a babyface in peril. It's like the match is getting no heat because nobody knows what's going on. It's like, wit, We're supposed to cheer for Sonny Siaki now, and Sonny's trying to make these babyface comebacks or whatever, and then of course he gets pinned. And I'm like, dude, I mean, God, like, of all of this stupid stuff, you have to be so stupid, so legitimately stupid to put something together like that. I mean, I was just like, what is happening here? Why is he a bit?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll review the whole show tonight, and that's not even close to the worst thing on the show.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's just going to get worse for you, you know what I'm saying. It's just gonna get worse. At some point. You're gonna see just go Inferno, Johnny Swinger and David Young dancing around in coconut brawls. That's going to happen at some point here.
Speaker 1: Just the stupidest psychotic I used to always tell Dave, I'm like, dude, this show is so stupid. This show is even dumber than than ww' nothing's dumber than W. I'm watching a second time and I'm telling you this stuff is way worse than w CW was. Yeah, anyway, it.
Speaker 2: Gets a lot more offensive at times as well too.
Speaker 1: Moxley, Penta and Trent anything goes match. We're back. We're back to a real show now. Well, dude, whatever you think about anything going on in in a e W or WWE or even NXT, guys, you don't know how good you got it. You just don't know how good you've gotten it. And all this anyway, Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks versus Jared Jay Lethal and Suttenham sing, I.
Speaker 4: Can tell you this is somebody that paid for those weekly pay per views. I think I would rather pay you and Vinnie and Craig and Sean to review them as opposed to paying for them in real time again, and.
Speaker 1: Watch, please do, I'm begging you. And then MJF speaks, and I presume Adam Cole will be out there as well, and then we'll talk about collision ratings here in a moment. But Adam Cole, MGF and FTR, Yeah they did it. And then SummerSlam. We'll talk about the Raw report here later on as well, but this is the update on SummerSlam. We have got the Tribal Combat match for the Beads in the title, Roman Reigns versus Jayu, so Cody Rhodes versus brock Lesner does not have a stipulation, so at the end of the day they opted against doing this stipulation whatever it was gonna be. We've got seth Rawlins versus Finn Baler for the World Heavyweight title. We have Gunther versus Drew McIntyre for the inter Continental title. We have Oscar, Charlotte and Bianca triple threat for the WE Women's title, Logan Paul versus Ricochet, Ronda Rousey versus Shana Basler MMA rules, and we have a Summer Slam Battle Royal. So there are eight matches. The Rhea Ripley match versus Raquel, which was scheduled for the show, is not taking place. They've done an injury angle with Raquel and she is not cleared in storyline, but when she is cleared, she will be back. And I'm not sure all of the circumstances beyond that one. Maybe there's just you know, they don't want to do a rush to nothing happened in match on this show, give them more time, put them on the next pay per view, whatever. And also the plan and this one actually was planned, I think, like before WrestleMania, Becky Lynch and Trish Stratus was planned for WrestleMania and they shot a nothing happened in Angle last night and then announced that the match is actually gonna be taking place in several weeks in Winnipeg. And I think that Trish is not ready to do a full match because of her broken nose, and so I think that they figured she would be ready by Summer Slam, but she's not gonna be ready, and they don't want to do a literally two second match at SummerSlam, and so they're gonna give her another couple of weeks to heal up and then do that match on TV as a main event in Winnipeg. So that is the lineup on all of that, and I still expect this to be a hell of a Summer Slam. I mean probably, you know, Ray and Roman reigns and jay Uso is going to be great, Cody Rose and brock Lester is probably gonna be great. Seth Rawlins and finnbatt Baler is gonna be great, Gunthor and Drew McIntyre is going to be great, Charlotte and Bianca and Oscar. Whatever you think of the build for this, I mean, it should be a really good match. Logan Paul and Ricochet are setting out to do like a series of the craziest things ever seen in wrestling. The most vil yeah, though not not just that, Mike the most viral match most and then Ronda Rousey and Shayea Basler. You know, they had a great series of video packages on Raw, and I will say that they did a brawl a couple of weeks ago and the brawl was great, and the stipulation years it's going to be an MMA rules match, and I don't know if they're going to go full MMA and they're just gonna do like a fifty sparring UFC style match or what they're going to do. Oh yes, but this could be. This could be awesome. Yeah, so we shall see.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to I'm actually looking forward to that. And maybe the two video packages helped.
Speaker 2: Out a little bit. But I haven't big.
Speaker 4: On Rondo, but I'm a big shanea fan, and I would love to see them go at it.
Speaker 1: On the back at the moment with more Observer Live cats back of the show bright nowb is here wrestling Observer Live except for VB also Wrestling Observer dot Com. We had an old White WUF match airing during the commercial break, and in fact, as somebody pointed out, that was watching those children in that video there in the audience, They're in their thirties. Now, oh, that was nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Why did you have to go and do that.
Speaker 1: Some of those some of those children have children.
Speaker 2: Now, I was in thirteenth grade at that point.
Speaker 1: All right, A couple of notes here. Brandon Thurston is confirmed that Direct TV will be carrying the All in pay per view. In Demand is as well, so all of the major cable companies will be carrying it like a normal show. They are listing a fifty dollars price tag. None of this has been made official to the public, but officials with Direct TV confirmed it to Thurston, and those within companies have confirmed In Demand carrying it to us. Nor have any of the companies advertised the show to the public. It is amazing, It is amazing how secretive, this gigantic, gigantic show is here.
Speaker 4: Well, this is about the time. I mean we're about three weeks a month out. This is about the time they start getting crankin on that stuff, which is one of the reasons that it was added to the Comcast schedule. And for those who don't know, In Demand is actually owned by Comcast, Cocks and Charter Communication, and so it is a was it fata compley that this show is going to be airing into the exact same way all of the other shows there. It's just a matter of whether it will air on Bleacher Report or it somehow again miraculously gets picked up and put on Max. But that is not looking like it's going to be the case. And it is looking like you're going to have back to back pay per views only what a week or two apart.
Speaker 1: I would say, barring a major, major, major change, this is not airing on Max. It is probably gonna be on Bleacher Report and uh yeah, probably one hundred bucks over two weeks if you want to watch both of these shows. Is the way it is looking right now. And the other big note is Collision. The Collision Show seven hundred and thirty nine thousand viewers for Adam Cole and MJF versus FTR, up twenty percent from the previous week. Highest audience total for the show since the premiere episode a point two seven in eighteen to forty nine, which was up fifty percent from the week prior. Best number of the show is done since the point three to one it drew for the premiere. Hey, you know the thing is these premiers always they always do sky high numbers and always falls from the premiere. It doesn't matter if you're aw, it doesn't matter if you're WWE. That first SmackDown on Fox had four million viewers. It's never come close. But to go over a month later and almost do what you did for the premiere is very impressive. They went ahead to d with the UFC two to ninety one prelimbs, which did a point thirty on ABC and MLB on Fox which did a point three five and eighteen to forty nine. So it was very very strong competition and the biggest increases men eighteen to thirty four up one hundred and eighty one percent. Wow from last week. Collision's best viewership in the demo since the premiere, but they were down sixty one percent in females, which is the only demo the show had to a decrease in. So Brandon Thurston had the quarters out this morning and sampunk streak of being the highest rated thing on Collision ended because of that main event and the MJF and Adam cole versus FTR quarter did eight hundred and thirty seven thousand viewers and four hundred and twenty six thousand in eighteen to forty nine, which is a huge number four Collision, and it grew tremendously. Really it was actually it was it was long match, so the comparison would actually be the ninth fifteen to nine thirty segment, which was six hundred and eighty two thousand viewers. They grew to seven fifty six for the first part of the match in eight thirty seven for the second part of the match, so they almost added two hundred thousand viewers, which is a very very impressive number. And the opening segment seven fifty five, which was the Buddy Matthews Andrade ladder match, although that did lose viewers, and then the cmpunk promo did about seven forty five averaging it out, so he still did very well, but you know, the big thing was the tag team title match. And what's going to be interesting, as always is how are we following this up? How are we following this up? Because you know, we saw with WWE, I thought for sure that Sammy should have beaten Roman, but he did not. And I thought that if he wasn't beating Roman, then Cody had to beat Roman, and he did not. And so you know, there was a lot of second guessing of these decisions. And now here we are. It's August first, and as I've noted before, you know, we'll never know how things would have been if Cody had just won the title and Roman Reigns would have done the exact same stuff that he's doing now with the bloodline. But what we do know is it did not do any sort of damage whatsoever because everything has been up substantially since WrestleMania. Everything has gone up since WrestleMania when Roman beat Cody, and that means that they did not make the wrong call. We'll never know if the other call would have been better, but we do know they did not make a bad call here. Now the question on this one is did they make the right call with Adam Cole and MGFF not winning the title, where are they going next? Are they going to do a rematch in Wembley? When the match, you know a lot of people thought, oh my god, you know they're going to do the rematch in Wembley, And the fact of the matter is, you know, FTR beat them, and if they were going to do a rematch in Wembley, I think that they might have done another finish. I am not sitting here telling you. If you had to put a gun to my head and I asked me, you think they're going to do this rematch in Wembley, I would say no, I think they're still going to be doing MJFF and Adam Cole. I don't know that. I don't know for sure what they're going to do, but you know that was that was the plan, and obviously to get to that plan, they were not going to beat FTR in the finals of this tournament and Tony is stuck with that. So you know, is the follow up going to be better? Is the bill to MGFF and Adam Cole or whatever they're going to do, is that going to be better? Because they had a lot of momentum going into that tag title match, and as you can see from the number and I myself personally, that was to me my most anticipated match on any television show in a long, long, long time, because I felt very strongly that they needed to go with this and put the tag titles on them. I was more interested in this match than any match on TV and I don't even know how long, and clearly a lot of other people were as well. So what's the follow up gonna be. We're gonna find out more tomorrow. Is the alternate storyline is going to be better than what they did leading into this? I guess we'll find out, but I think that's going to be a tough hill to climb because there was a lot of interest in this feud and in MGF and Adam Cole winning those titles.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you a question, then, a philosophical question, because you were very big on not only them getting the titles, but even more importantly than that, them staying together. What do you think is more important them winning the titles or them just staying together? Because off of this you could get Dax Horwood in MJF, which leads to MJF and cm PUNK. There are some things that you can do with it. But what was more important to you? The fact that they are together here? Do you think that or do you think they really needed to stay together and win those tag titles?
Speaker 1: Well, absolutely, without question, they need to stay together for now. And I'm not saying that they need to stay together for another year because obviously this thing is super hot right now. But you know, how long are the fans going to be into this? I don't know, But what I do know is they weren't ready for it to be over yet, and so on that day the more important thing. I mean, there's only two options. There's either they win the titles and then they split, which would be stupid, or they don't win the titles and stay together, or they win the titles. So I guess there's three options here. So obviously the stupid ones would be, you know, winning the titles and breaking up. That would be very dumb. That's Vince Russo yeah, you know, second, my most favored would be staying together and winning the tag team titles and then you know, at some point they lose them back to FTR and then break up then and then go to whatever they're doing. Or you know this option here, which is not winning the tag team titles and staying together. But they're still apparently going to have a match against each other, So, you know, are they gonna split in the match? Is one of them gonna turn against the other during the match. Are they gonna try and do just a babyface match for the world title. I don't know what they're gonna do, but they must have some sort of idea. So now I'm interested to see what the idea is.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, and this is very much a WWE thing because I'm kind of throwing the sporting point of view completely out of this now. I'm really just interested in what they do with MJF and Adam Cole, how they split them up, do they keep them together. I'm actually more interested in their psychology of working with each other and all that. I'm more interested in that aspect of it than I am, you know, over almost anything else in it. So I am interested to see where they go and how they decide to get out of this, and how they decide to maneuver because again, I mean, you know, what role will Roderick Strong play in this? It's just this is very very interesting. The only issue that I would have with them winning the titles or them doing a match at all in for the titles would be I think unless you have a slight of hand set up for mgf's title defense at all out, I think you may just be telegraphing it too much that one is going to turn on the other and then that is going to be the match for all out, the title match for all out.
Speaker 1: I can. I'm all with the more Observer Live talk in the show. Bryan Elbarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Micember of bb also Wrestling Observer dot Com. We gonna do the World Famous Raw Report, but I'd like to mention before we do that. First off, congratulations to Deanna Parazzo. She just graduated from college a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Southern New Hampshire University, doing all that while wrestling, So congratulations to her.
Speaker 2: He yeah, and also, oh, I'm sorry, I just wanted to throw in there.
Speaker 4: I guess she's going to be a part of the UH Impact multiverse in the whole deal with New Japan coming up here in Philadelphia, which is actually nice to see. She called out somebody from stardom and of women that are not signed by WWE and ae W at the top of my list on somebody that I would want. Sorry, Lance, I'm not trying to get her out of impact, but Deanna Parrazzo's great.
Speaker 1: And the other note is the SmackDown Show Friday did h rate as usual two point three million viewers, and the highest rated segment obviously was Roman reigns as he always is when he has a segment. But if you exclude Roman rains from the show since I've been tracking this, the highest rated segment on the show was the women. So there you go, all right, Logan, Paul came out to open up Raw and he's running down Ricochet. He's gonna make a spectacle out of him. On Saturday, Ricochet comes out and they go back and forth about each other what they don't like, but they begrudgingly respect each other and they finally do a half hearted fist bump, and as they go to leave, Logan says, oh, one other thing I forgot to mention. After the match is over, the ring announcer is going to announce the winner, and that ring announcer over there is Samantha Urvan. Isn't that your fiance? So how's it gonna feel? Hope, there's no hard feelings when I have your girl saying the winner of this match is Logan Paul, So Ricochet flips out, ough tax him, brawl and then Rick Achet trice a springboard and Logan punched this bloke out of mid air, left him for dead.
Speaker 4: Knocked him out right in front of his woman. You know, I think he could have been actually a little bit rougher about that. He's like, what are you gonna do when your woman says that the winner of the match, Like, just you didn't even need to say that, Just what are you gonna do when my name comes out of your woman's mouth? And then then Ricochet could have jumped right on.
Speaker 2: Him there.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 2: Lude to Loude that's not viral enough.
Speaker 1: Gun Thann Imperium didn't interview. So Gunther is upset at old Ludwig because he keeps messing up. But he says tonight he's gonna make good take out that barefoot idiot met Riddle and Sunday I I'm gonna be Drew mctyre. So is Ludwig and Matt Riddle, and they had a good match, and to their credit, you know, this was a great crowd. There's like twelve thirteen thousand people there, but it's one of those crowds where you know they're not necessarily super in this stuff. You gotta get him into it, and it took him about i'd say, two thirds of this match to finally hit a big spot and get the crowd into it. And at that point the crowd was into the match, and Kaiser finally avoided the moon Salt running in Zagiary, hit his DDT, got the pin and then Gunther was very proud of Big Kaiser offered him a handshake afterwards.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't know if I like where they're going with Otis and Gable and that tie up with Imperium, but with Kevin Owens possibly being on the DL list for a while, I would love to see those titles on Vinci and Kaiser. I know I do the same thing with Waukie Wild and Cruz on the other brand, But my god, you brought these guys up.
Speaker 1: At least you remember their names today.
Speaker 2: I know all four of them well. I wish wwe wood. They're all talented as hell, they all have a lot of experience. They can all bring a lot to that division.
Speaker 1: We had Valhalla and Maxine dupri This is just like NXT where it's like it's not good, but it's it's totally harmless and the crowd loves it.
Speaker 2: And I can't hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they're doing this match, and you know, if Valhalla is a pro, Maxines is like her first ever national television match, and man, she can't do anything, but she tries. I think that's what I like about it. Like she tries, you know what I'm saying, not like other people don't try, but she gives two hundred percent out there trying to be this character and the wacky face and everything. So she's doing this match and finally she has to do the caterpillar. And have you guys seen Otis do the worm the caterpillar lately? Dude, he's so slow he can barely get to his feet at the end because he's so fat, and somehow like if him and Maxine were doing a race, he'd like do it three times before she got through it once. She did the.
Speaker 2: Slowest worm of all of.
Speaker 1: All the recorded history, like shoot worms. I mean in like Cement could move faster than max scene. But she hits the elbow and then you know, Eric gets in the ring a big brawl breaks out and Chad Gable does a moonsalt off the post and then as God is My Witness, they're fighting up top and Maxine slips underneath.
Speaker 2: She puts Valhalla on her shoulders.
Speaker 1: And she hits a Japanese Ocean cyclone suplex and pins her.
Speaker 2: Amazing, amazing.
Speaker 4: They taught her three moves Jericho and that was one of them, arm drag, which was her number one offensive and defensive move. Then it was the worm, and then the natural progression, the Japanese ocean suplex or cyclone suplex.
Speaker 2: Absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Finish Judgment Day came out and talk about how they ran the show. Finn talks about Summer Slam. Finn so great, He's got to win this title, like he's so great, promos he's cutting, he's just absolutely obsessed with getting his revenge on seth after seven years. And then Dominic did the promo and then who should come out but Raquel and Raquel goes after Rhea. They get into a brawl. Raquel's pounding on her and for the first time, dom has to run distraction for Ria so that Rhea can chop block Raquel stomp on her knee. And put her out of action.
Speaker 2: I know nobody will.
Speaker 1: Two incredible run Arousing Shana Baser video packages. I'm talking full out incredible. These were the best video packages in forever. And they look back at the beginning of their friendship, Ultimate Fighter Run and telling the story about how they they were rolling after like eleven weeks on the show and Shana, which is true by the way, she goes, man, I made it eleven weeks. You haven't tapped me one time? Amateur run it mutially her at that point, and then they go to Shane and she goes, yeah, you know, we're supposed to be friends, but man, Rondo, she put me up in her house for free. But the only re it wasn't the goodness of her heart. It was there because she wanted people to beat up. And I helped prep her for every one of her fights, and she beat me up every time. And do you know how many of my training camps she ever showed up to? Zero? I went to WWE, Rhonda went to WWE. She was the one, of course, that got pushed all the way to the top and I'm sick of it.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Then we had a segment with Alpha Academy and Imperium, and Imperium is making fun of Alpha Academy. You know, Otis is fat. Maxine's talking for this Olympic gold medalist, how far he's falling?
Speaker 2: Former look at yourself now?
Speaker 1: And finally Ludwig says, don't worry about this guy. He couldn't last five minutes with you, and Gable says, I'd last five hours. You want to do this tonight, leave your nerds in the back, I'll leave mind. Let's do this, and Gunther says, all right, let's do it. We had chompin Knakamura Finish came out of nowhere, Knakamura Pendim used the tights as made Bronson read backstage happy, Raquel's getting her knee checked out. They postponed the match. Then we had an amazingly like amazing segment. Cowboy Brock comes down to the ring. He's in his chaps, he's in his hat, got his vest on, comes down and he cuts his promo, which was just like. The funny thing is he really, honestly is not that much better than Gable Steveson, but he's Brock. I swear to god, this is what he goes. He says let's cut the crap. I've been here too long tonight, Cody, if you want to come out here and tell me otherwise, come out here, shake my hand, and I'll see you Saturday. But if you don't come out here and shake my hand, i'll see you Saturday. What what are you trying to say? Bro Spin it out, dude. And so Cody comes out and he offers him a handshake. Brock shakes his hand, goes to leave. They do the shoulder check deal. Brock gets out of the ring and man if I ever saw a Vince McMahon's segment, this was it. I've seen this a thousand times. Cody goes for the dive from behind. They get in a brawl. Brock beats him and beats him and beats him and beats him. Finally, they play Brock's music. He starts going to the back. He decides I ain't done yet, comes back out. He beats him, and he beats him, and he beats him. They plays music a second time. He starts going to the back. He decides he wants to beat him more. He comes back and he beats him, and he beats him, and he gives him an F five and leaves him for dead and not even sweating.
Speaker 2: Tips the hat walks to the back.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm supposed to be more into the match after the home angle, not less. I was flabbergasted. But you know, Cody's gonna win on Sunday. You know he overcame the odds. But my god, they would have been better off not even being on the show and just on a video package. So Gunther and Chad Gable five Minute Challenge. Crowd got into it because of the clock and Gable ends up giving him a frankenst Under to the outside, slips into the ring. He wins. He has declared the winner over Gunther. Gunther says this match is not over. I'm going to decide when this is over, restart this match. So they come back. They went back and forth. It's great, delayed German sue plex. Chad goes for the chaos theory again. Finally gun Through avoids it, chops him to death, power bombs him for the pin. This was great, and then Gunther says he's gonna do the same thing to Drew McIntyre. Coming up on Sunday, we had the Becky Angle. She came out challenges tris stratus since she beat Zoe last week. Trish goes, now, I'll decide what it's going to be, but then Pierce comes down and goes, no, I heard the stip. This match is happening tonight, so Trish is forced to get in the ring. They ring the bell. Zoe immediately hits a ring. The bell rings again. Two second match heals her, double teaming her. Afterwards, Trish gets the chair beats down Becky. They go to the back all happy that they put one over on her, but then after commercial that's when Pierce meets with her and says, unacceptable, I will be generous, give you some time to prepare. It will be on your home turf, which, by the way, makes no sense in storyline. In Winnipeg, it is you and Becky and Zoe's banned from ringside.
Speaker 4: Manitoba, I've heard, is a horrible, horrible place and it produces horrible, horrible people. If it was really on Trish's home turf, it would have been in a beautiful province like Ontario.
Speaker 1: And another run to Shane's segment. Essentially, like both of these women think they did everything for the other, and they both were trade and so It's funny because, like I mentioned a few weeks ago, like they kept going back and forth who's the baby face heel? On the actual formats backstage listing who is a babyface and heel, they're both listed as heels, but if you watch these segments, they're basically both babyfaces who feel they've been wronged by the other one. Anyway, these segments were great. And then the main event Sammy and Seth versus Dom and Priest, and they did like so much stuff at the end, but the crowd's eating it up, so Rawlins makes a tag. Hits Priest with three straight topays, sends him over the oounce table. He managed to get back in the ring, goes for the South Heaven and Seth sets up for the stomp. Rhea distracts him, Dom lays out Seth. Sammy goes after Dom, so Rhea starts screaming at him. Finn ends up drop kicking him into the barricade. Back in the ring, Priest hits Seth with the razor's edge, but then he knowses the briefcase. Now's his chance. He goes, Finn, get that briefcase. I'm cashing in, Finn, He's got a title match on Sunday, so he's all hesitant, but finally it's like, ah, here's a briefcase, but it's too late. Seth super kicks it into his face. Finn goes after Seth, Sammy boots him off the apron. Seth hits priest with the stomp and pins him. So uh, Seth rawlins getting the win here. I was overjoyed because that tells me he's losing on Saturday on Summer Slam. Here, Finn Balor is gonna get that title.
Speaker 2: Brother. Why did Finn hesitate with the briefcase?
Speaker 4: It would have solved all their problems because it's wrestling, that's why.
Speaker 1: Of course it makes sense. He doesn't want this guy to cash in. He wants to win the title. Got the moment with more Observer Live back on the show Bryan Albarez here wrestling Observer Live like except for bb also wrestling Observe dot Com. Tonight it is a Briana Vidy show for subscribers with Craig Granny. Although Sean cannot be there tonight is Emmy winning job requires him to cover this election here in Washington. But we've got nwatn a from twenty one years ago. This week horrible show, absolutely horrible. And I haven't even I haven't even watched the final match yet, which is the one that everybody said was gonna get me to just quit this thing altogether. But I am not a quitter. You understand, we only have one hundred and four more weeks left. I think we can do this. I think.
Speaker 2: You might be able to out.
Speaker 1: I mean, how much how much worse can it get? You know what I'm saying? How much worse can it get than this show and the show two weeks ago? If I can make it through those two, I think I can make it through just about anything.
Speaker 2: Sh You have the Harris Boys and Conan and oh they're there?
Speaker 1: Are the Hairs Boys are on this show?
Speaker 2: Are they all fighting in the block? Yet?
Speaker 4: They were doing this whole like it's OZ But we're not HBO and we're not that talented, so it's just racist. It's uh yeah, yeah, it's it's gonna get worse.
Speaker 1: Actually, I will say that I will. I will for sure survive next week's show cause I think next week is a show where Ron Killings wins the NWA title and uh, that guy is a gemler he is a diamond in the rough on this horrific show. He's unbelievably great, which actually really makes you depressed to think about what WWE did with him after that one week where he screwed up the name of the town dude because unbelievable quick, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, he was great. They should have never dropped him in the first place.
Speaker 4: He went to TNA, but thank god he did because it actually helped his whole career.
Speaker 1: Well, Ron Time, everybody, We'll see you later on tonight. Wrestling Observer dot Com. Thank Michae's always callers and listeners ever in the studio Doctor neck Time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.