Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Where you're ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sundays, three Pacific six Eastern Saturday mornings with a Jim Valley ten and Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews arian Ed. It is Tuesday here on the show, and you know what that means, Well, you know, I'm back. I'm back here today. Got a lot to talk about. Obviously, Summer Slam was this weekend. I presume that was talked about in depth yesterday. But last night night was the raw after Summer Slam, which was significantly better than the Raw after WrestleMania. They had a great, great show last night and it's set up a ton of stuff for the future, a ton of guys over a ton of big matches coming up, lots of over babyfaces, which certainly wasn't the case several years ago. So we're gonna talk about the Raw after WrestleMania here today. We've also got the Raw after Summer Slam today. We've also got to the NXT Great American Bash Night two coming up here tonight. We have Dynamite coming up on Wednesday. They are building towards Wembley Stadium. And then of course we have got all of the news the Luca Brothers likely leaving AEW, likely heading to WWE. Nothing is official until it is, but that is the belief. Roman Reign's next WWE AP pearents have been announced as is coming Friday night. On Backdown, Tony Kahan talking more about Shane McMahon keeps talking about Shane now, Brian Danielson talking about Shane McMahon, talk about NXT's move to the CW. We got ratings for this past week Olympics, still putting a number, doing a number on everybody and in particular the UH the Rampage Show did the all time lowest audience ever in the history of Rampage. We're talking shows moved to three o'clock in the afternoon for Pacific might even been earlier. Lowest reading of all time g one and plenty more back in the moment. Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Keep listening for a free virus protection offer. Protect your computer from crashing and online scams. According to National Research, one third of all computers are infected with some sort of computer malware and one third of you have been a victim of online fraud. Protect yourself now with my Computer Works. We're an eighteen year old US based company with a four point eight Google rating. We've helped your neighbors protect their computers for almost twenty years, and now you two can be protected for less than one dollar a day. Get your total PC home support right now. Call our US based specialist right now and learn about our free offer. And remember, if we can help you, our services cost you nothing, so call right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred three five two seven six one eight, eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight. That's eight hundred three five two seventy six eighteen.
Speaker 6: Attention. Then here's a great way to have more fun in bed and save money. If you want to take something like viagra, they can give you a way to pay as little as two dollars a pill. Ys two dollars a pill. Compare that to prices as high as sixty dollars per tablet. These pills work for men to improve their performance and confidence. You'll love them. And now for the price of two or three pills, you can get fifty or more for around one hundred dollars. You'll save hundreds of dollars off retail prices. That's enough to buy your data nice dinner. Don't pay expensive prices for Viagra. Call now, order fifty or more of our blue pills and pay as little as two dollars a pill and save hundreds of dollars. Call any time for confidential shipping.
Speaker 5: Call Steelman Pills now eight hundred nine six five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five. That's eight hundred nine sixty five twelve ninety five.
Speaker 7: You never want to yourself out on the water fishing without the essentials, so it's best to always pack your Columbia Performance Fishing gear for protection against the sun, wind and rain. Columbia PFG Apparel on Footwear offers superior innovation of features which allows you to focus on your catch and not the elements. So before you head out on the water, head over to Columbia dot com slash pfg to shop their performance fishing gear.
Speaker 2: Total Wireless is made to totally keep up with you.
Speaker 8: We now have a limited data that never slows you down, covered by the Verizon five G network and for less than thirty dollars a month, we make your phone You're right or die an switch now and pick a free five G phone with qualified plan purchase and your fourth line at no additional costs. Visit your local Total Wireless or today Total Wireless.
Speaker 2: We're totally with you. Actual streets may vary by location.
Speaker 8: For data management practices Seetotal Wireless dot com.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 6: BA.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live like simper vv also Wrestling Observer dot com. Yes, I have returned finally.
Speaker 3: Did you miss it?
Speaker 1: Depends? I always miss part of it.
Speaker 3: Here on Friday, I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: What happened on Friday.
Speaker 3: Oh nothing, nothing, nothing in the news that I didn't want to cover that I ended up having to.
Speaker 1: Cover that that happens every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we got talking about the It does happen every day.
Speaker 1: The Luta bros. Maybe leaving AW, it says here Brian Alvarez, Yes, that's me, is reporting the internal belief within AW both pent and Ray Phoenix will be leaving the company for WWE when their contracts expire.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, Wait a second. So we're saying, for once on this show, we can tell the people. Brian Alvarez reported this.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what you can tell the people if you want to, all right, you can tell the people that the belief within AW is they're leaving, and this is from multiple people, and until they leave, until they sign with WWE, nothing is official. I can't tell you one hundred percent they're going to WWE, but it is believed that they are leaving, and it is most likely the WWE. Well, how can I say this? We don't know, obviously, and you know, you can't negotiate with the other side at this point. But there have been several eluchadors that have gone to WWE of late, you know, Andrade has gone back, Dragon Lee has gone to WWE. Santo's Escobar is obviously with w w E. Raymis Terio has been there for years and they are making a lot of money. And pent in particular is forty years old and he wants to make a lot of money. Now maybe AW is gonna throw a lot of money at him. I don't know, but people there under the impression that they are leaving, and we'll find out soon enough. They've been there since the very beginning, and you know, I don't know how much they really care about getting pushed. Getting pushed is more important for some people than for others. You know, A great example is you know, Shinsky, Nakamura, Okada. Actually the best recent example is Okada. Okay, why did Okada go to AW because they paid him seven figures and he doesn't have to do anything, okay, so he's happy as a clam. Is he sad that he's not in the world title scene wrestling? You know, he doesn't care. He's done that and now he's making his money. And you know, I think that the Lucha bros, they want to make their money, and WWE is thrown around a lot of money, and we shall see what happens. I mean, there could be other aspects of it. I mean, you know, if you look at the Lucha Bros. I mean they're there, you know, they win titles every now and then they you know, get hurt and disappear and come back. I mean, where are they now compared to where they were five years ago? They were They're in the exact same spot. And you know, there are certain people in AW that are in a much better spot now, but there's also a lot of people in AW that are exactly where they were five years ago. And I talked about this a while back. I mean, you know this idea where everybody goes one direction. For a while, it was like everybody's going to WWE to AW, and I said, the day will come when people start going the other way. And we've seen people choose WWE over AW. There will be more. Obviously there will be some that will go to uh, you know AW as well. But yeah, that's the update. Luca Bros. Probably heading to WWE.
Speaker 3: I really don't have anything to add on that, although right now would be the best time for them to go now, wouldn't it With WWE being as strong as they are and throwing around the money that they they have, and I you know, I don't know. I don't know those guys, so I don't know what's in their mind as far as what they want to do. But they're not getting any younger, that's for sure. In WWE, you don't have to do what you can do in aew and what is somewhat expected of you when it comes to the fans. So if it's time just to have a bunch of moments where you know, he's not worried about being booked on Rustlemania, but if he's hanging out with George Kittle and doing different things like that, maybe Penta will be happy. I don't know, but I mean right now is as good of a time as any, considering they're both healthy, which is always an issue when it comes to especially Phoenix.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: The other other thing to think about is, especially if you're looking to make some money. Do you know how much these two men will make unmerchandised sales in WWE masks, shirts, Penta's glove, I mean they will make a killing.
Speaker 3: Brian to be fair, to be fair, to balance that out a little bit. The only guy who's made real money off a mask in the last twenty years in WWE, the only guy that they've actually pushed to a level that people wanted to buy their merchandise, and that's Ray Mysterio Junior. And if you are a fan of these guys' matches and their catalog, make sure that you have all that if they do decide to go to WWE, because they won't be working like that, and it's possible that they do end up in an LWO or something like that, and they had and it's very possible that as characters they spin wheels, because that's what it's been for everybody else that's gone there. Now if i'm WWE, of course, I mean it's Penta and Phoenix. Look at Penta in that mask. Look at the obviously the kittle thing which they will play into. If they don't sell those masks, then they're absolute idiots. But to jump in and say, well boy, they're gonna make a lot of money off of merch they should make a lot of money off of me. But nobody has who's been in that position, with the exception of Raymistereo.
Speaker 1: Well and the Fiend. That guy sold a ridiculous amount of masks.
Speaker 3: I understand that I'm talking abouts.
Speaker 1: Not well, we haven't really had a lot of masked Lucidors with the exception of Dragon Lee, and I don't know is done.
Speaker 3: But also look at how they have treated those luchadors too. When it comes to merchandise. It's not like you see a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of Actually, bro listen, there is a ton of l w O merchandise and they sell a ton of merchandise. Like I know, yes, when Vince was around, they didn't do anything with the Mexicans, and yes you can you can say, well where's Dragon Lee been? But if you look at, like, you know, how it is now as compared to before. I mean, they've done a lot with the LWO. They've done a lot with Andrade since coming back, not as much as you know, maybe he was doing actually I don't even know he was doing better than hey w to be honest with you. I mean he's probably doing that Best of Seven with Carmel. And they are treating the luchador significantly better now than they ever have. And we'll see, I mean, we'll see Roman Reigns returns on Friday to SmackDown. So they're looking to boost those numbers and really There isn't much time left for SmackDown. This is the final month of SmackDown on Fox. They're going to be moving to the USA Network early and Roman Reign is going to be there and we'll find out if he's doing anything on the Berlin Show. I guess we'll find out what his next match is going to be. But he's gonna be back on Friday, and it should be the best SmackDown number, even against the Olympics in quite a while. SmackDown actually did fine against the Olympics last week. It was actually up from the week prior. Collision, Oh my god, Collision got murdered on Saturday night. They moved early, and according to Brent and Thurston here, Collision did one hundred and eighty nine thousand viewers whoa and a point eight in eighteen to forty nine I believe. I mean, the Rampage number was the lowest Rampage number of all time. So if you remember like Rampage being moved to like two o'clock in the afternoon on the West Coast or whatever, the Rampage in its normal time slot last Friday did the lowest number they have ever done. And I have to check but I mean, I can't. I mean, I think, by far, nine thousand viewers is the least number of people that have ever watched any aw show all time ever. So they got brutalized Saturday night. Back in a moment with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back here in the show Bryan Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Tony Kahan commented on his meeting with Shane McMahon during a recent interview with ESPN Radio. He was asked about it on the Sodano and Cap Show, and he said, well, as I understand, he's not doing anything with WWE, and I had a really nice visit with him. I had heard from a lot of people that he was interested in talking and it became, frankly, a big media story to the point where I was getting asked on the record questions about it, and I answered them and just like I'll answer you now. I had never met him in advance of my first conversation with him. There was a lot of buzz about this, so I thought it would certainly be worth talking. I have a lot of respect for him. I had never met him, but he seemed like a really nice guy. I sat down with him. He was fantastic. I really enjoyed talking to him, and he is a very smart person about wrestling, and I thought he was a great guy. And we have a lot of mutual friends, and we both happened to be in Dallas. A mutual friend linked us up who was one of the bigger names in pro wrestling, God, and that friend put us on a group chat. We were both in the same town at the same time. He then stayed it. He then stated, yes, the picture that leaked online leaked was taken by someone who just quote busted it in and took a photo, busted it. So we said busted it in somebody, he said, in the middle of talking at an airport conference room. Somebody just busted in I guess and took a photo. But I think that's fine. Oh yeah, I bet there's nothing wrong with a couple of people getting together and talking about wrestling. I think that's part of what makes wrestling so great is there is a lot of talk, and we're all fans at heart.
Speaker 3: Everybody talks too much.
Speaker 1: Brian Danielson would be open to working with Shane McMahon again if Shane ends up coming to AW. He did an interview and said, I'm open to working with anybody. I don't have beef with anybody, so yeah, one hundred percent. He said he doesn't have any inside information on what's going on between AW and Shane, and if he did, he would not disclose it publicly.
Speaker 9: Anyway.
Speaker 1: It was interesting because Tony mentioned to me after the photo had come out. He said, oh, yeah, I didn't want to tell you this before, but I met with Shane McMahon. I didn't say this, but I was like, yeah, I know. The picture was everywhere. Although to be fair, I'm not aware of a lot of things because I don't go on Twitter and I don't go on social media and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Smart man.
Speaker 9: So that's the story. That's the story.
Speaker 3: It is a story.
Speaker 9: It's a story, all right.
Speaker 3: Although it is completely believable to me that a fan would hear that Shane McMahon and Tony Connor in the same place and kick opened a door at an airport, considering the ass that these people show on a regular basis with wrestlers at the airport.
Speaker 1: He took that picture and they went running.
Speaker 3: Now Tony was like, uh yeah, uh oh boy.
Speaker 9: Yeah that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I was entertained by this story. So in SummerSlam they did that logan Paul Man and he lost to l. A. Knight and his foots under the ropes. Oh boy, yeah, they are going to follow up on that. He has filed a lawsuit. Okay, he's filed a lawsuit against LA Knight accusing him of civil theft willful property damage, which actually I can I can buy that when he stole that truck and destroyed it. So I mean that's that's okay. But my my favorite part of this is that his his lawsuit that he filed, he has a demand for a jury trial. I'm begging, I am begging for this to go to trial, and we can cover this every week on this program and on SmackDown as as we have courtroom footage. Have somebody outside the courtroom.
Speaker 3: My god, do we have any famous wrestling barristers we can bring in for.
Speaker 1: This a jury trial? Well, the barrister, I mean he doesn't work for WWE.
Speaker 3: Well that's yeah, the actual one. Rd Evans No, No, not him. We can't do that one, But is there anybody else we can bring in here?
Speaker 1: I mean, I not do it. NXT's going on the road to kick off its move to the CW. Shawn Michael's revealed on social media the October first premiere episode of NXT in the network will air live from the All State Arena.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: The brand will add to Saint Louis the following week, although he did not mention a venue. So actually, if if All Out ends up being in Chicago, that means WW is running NXT two weeks later. Two weeks later at the All State Arena, ce.
Speaker 3: Him Punk there. Randy Orton at the show in Saint Louis, So it's not going to be a small venue. I don't think Randy's coming out to the community college. But be interesting to see how those shows are revealed and what their plan is going to be for that show. Are they going to return to the Performance Center mostly or are they going to run some smaller sized buildings. I wonder how that whole thing. It's gonna be interesting to see how this whole thing ends up evolving and playing out over time and what the ratings end up being on CW and how it's received.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they've got two weeks. Randy Orton's gonna be there in chicag in Saint Louis, c and Punk in Chicago. They've already now, they've already released their first thirty second ad five year deal with the ced W. My god, five years of NXT on the CW.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna have so much material.
Speaker 3: Dear God, Are you gonna start watching some of the other shows on the CW. No, of course, watch a little. No Penn and Teller.
Speaker 2: Now, I.
Speaker 1: Have seen that show a few times when it's someone that I liked, but.
Speaker 3: It's their number one rated show. If I'm not, I believe that.
Speaker 1: I believe that. The only thing, the only problem I have with the show is you got to trust those two. You know what I'm saying, Well, like you do it well I were talking about the Magic Show. Yeah, yeah, well you gotta trust them because like some guy does this big performance and then like you have to trust whether Penn and Teller actually figured it out or not. They're like, ah, you know, we.
Speaker 3: Know that one.
Speaker 1: It's like I missed out on millions because of this. But then every now and then they'll be like, you got us. It's like, really, is this all for show?
Speaker 3: If it's gotten executive producer, it's all for show.
Speaker 1: M all right? The latest on the g one, which is anyone watching all of it? Anybody?
Speaker 3: I'm a little behind.
Speaker 1: I think everyone is. I've watched so night eleven, Sanata beat Shingo, Nito beat Show to Umino, Zach Saber Junior beat Evil, Jake Lee beat Gabe Kid, Great o'conn beat Callum Newman. So Wednesday we have got the following matches in the B block Goto and David Finley, yu Uimuran, Red Narita, Yodas, Suji and hanare El, Fantasmo and Takeshta and Olag Bolton and Jeff Cobb. So that brings us to the final standings. At this point, Zach, Saber Junior and Evil are now tied with ten points each. Sonata's got eight, Nito's got eight, Gabe, Kid, Umino, Takagi, Great o'conn, Jake Lee all have six, Calum Newman's got four. In the B block, Jeff Cobb and David Finley are in the lead, followed by Uimura, Takeshta, Hanare, Red, Narita, go To Suji all with six points old Bolden Fantasma with four, So like, I don't think there's any way Suji's winning this thing.
Speaker 3: It's possible, Actually, it's possible. I gotta see it's possible.
Speaker 1: But then you we're talking ta keshas non in the finals.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no. How they're doing it this year is the winner of the regular block is going to get a bye. The number one person at the end of this thing, who's got the most points is getting a bye, and then two and three number the A Bloc two is gonna face B block three and vice versa. What so, Yes, there are going to be six people in play by the end of this thing, which is why Nayato being the IWGP champion and limping along here is you know, probably going to play into the end. Same thing when it comes to a couple of these guys like Suji, who's only at six points.
Speaker 1: Right, Thank god, I haven't been watching. I'd be so irritated, I know, and perhaps confused.
Speaker 3: No, that'll be at the end, but that's okay, explain it all to you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, say we got the text message you've been We'll do raw after the break.
Speaker 9: Let's see what we've got here.
Speaker 1: They were playing up a whose side is yon? With Roman having both Solo and Cody down. Okay, cool, I can't read these Before I read them, What was the point of that? Send me another text and explain what the point of that was.
Speaker 9: Let's see what we've got.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is there anything good in this today? Okay, here we go. Give me Rush and the Beast Mortos as a tag team that I am all for. They should be the tag team champions and Kyle Fletcher Yeah, spears, says Brian will Tony play round with going to different places for special dynamites like the early days. I'm in Colorado. I would love an aw event at Red Rocks. Well, I mean they're not doing that now, but I mean, hey, listen, we're gonna know.
Speaker 3: A lot more that money though, that's the problem with some we're exotic like that. That would look incredible and awesome, like one, logistically is it possible? And two do you want to spend that money right now?
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing. Once the new TV deal comes in, we're gonna know a lot more. If it's if it's largely what it is now, I don't think they're gonna be doing a lot of that. If it's what I expected to be, which will be one point four times what they're getting now, Yes, exactly one point four times. They'll have a lot of money to throw around. So we'll see back in a moment. We'll talk a ron more observer live sometimes. Oh, no, stomach issues again, I mean isshoes, who are you?
Speaker 2: You're pancreas.
Speaker 10: I could be the real reason for your diarrhea, gas, floating stomach pan or lose oil these stools.
Speaker 1: I thought it was my stomach. People often do.
Speaker 10: But any of these symptoms could mean having a condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency or EPI. With EPI, the pancreas doesn't release enough enzymes to break down food, but EPI is manageable. Use the symptom checker on identify EPI dot com and speak with your doctor. That's identify EPI dot Com sponsored by ABVI.
Speaker 5: Hey hear that that's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood?
Speaker 2: You know the feeling?
Speaker 5: I know, I do that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine light or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill it's time to shield against unexpected repairs with Carshield. Carshield as America is most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield car Shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and hello to peace of mind. You're planning all will comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance, courtesy tolling, rental car options, and so much more. Don't wait until it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, protect your wallet, protect your car with Carshield, get our best protection ever. Call now. You'll thank me later. Eight hundred four to two five two three one seven. Eight hundred four to two five two three one seven. That's eight hundred four to two five twenty three seventeen.
Speaker 11: How would you like to go in a five star vacation for just ninety nine dollars? We're talking about the quality of a Westgate resort for ninety nine dollars, not for one night, but for three fantastic nights at one of their luxurious destinations across the United States. And you'll even get a free one hundred dollars Visa gift card just for making a reservation. We've got some of the choicest destinations that you'll love in the United States that you can choose from for just ninety nine dollars for three night's day, take your family, take a special love one but get away, go on vacation with Westgate Resorts. All now to make a reservation for just ninety nine dollars and you get a free one hundred dollars Visa gift card. Cool Westgate right now and book your vacation. Here's the number.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred two nine two sixty one five six, eight hundred two nine two six one five six, eight hundred two nine two sixty one five six. That's eight hundred two nine two sixty one fifty six.
Speaker 12: You can host the best backyard barbecue when you find a professional on Angie to make your backyard the best around. Connect with skilled professionals to get all your home projects done well inside to outside, repairs to renovations. Get started on the Angie app or visit Angie dot com today. You can do this when you Angie.
Speaker 2: That you were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alparez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about maybe the best raw of the year. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Baldemore, Oh, that's why it helped.
Speaker 9: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: You're pretty good.
Speaker 1: So uh, Ludvig guy's her news his gun there and he comes out and he's got a suit on and his belt and he looks like a million bucks and out comes Randy Orton, and Randy reminds him, I he said, A'm the reason you're the champion in the first place, because you won King of the Ring beating me. But you know what, my shoulders weren't down, and I will accept the referees decision is final. But you know what, everybody, including Triple H, knows that my shoulders were not down, and so I'm cashing in my rematch right now. He's going to face him for the title at the Bash in Berlin show and he vows to leeve the world heavyweight champion. So Gunther accepts the challenge. They go face to face and Gunther tells him nothing ever catches me out of nowhere, and Randy says, that's fine. I don't want to catch you out of nowhere. I want you to see it coming they leave, there's no brawl. Two professionals gonna have a professional wrestling match for the World Heavyweight Championship.
Speaker 9: I thought this was awesome.
Speaker 3: You're not going to complain about the brand split or anything.
Speaker 1: Nope, don't care. Good because they never pushed it. It's like these people are on this show. These people are on that show, but they never say they can't go to the other show. They never say that when they face each other. It's once in a lifetime. So great, that's the way it should be.
Speaker 3: And it's going to be a show where they're going to be in Berlin anyway, so you're gonna have everybody all mixed and matched in all likelihood. And I do like the fact that they have announced this, gotten this out of the way, let's go with it.
Speaker 1: We add Seamus versus Ludwig Kaiser match was awesome. What the heck's going on with Seamus? Like this guy? I mean, he was always like good and everything like that, but like the older he gets, the better the matches are that he has. And it's mostly because he'll just beat the crap out of the other guy and get the crap beat out of him, and him and Kaiser just pounded on each other, and the finish was great because they're doing this striking battlers pounding on each other. And Seamus ends up hitting a clothesine off the post to the floor and he throws Kaiser in the ring, and all of a sudden out comes Pete done with the shealey, and he tries to hit Seamus, but he misses and Seamus sends him into the announced table and then Seamus flies into the ring and everybody knows what's gonna happen. Distraction finish, Kaiser pins him, Nope, Seamus avoids it, kills this dude with a brogue knee, kills him with a brogue kick, pins him in the middle of the ring.
Speaker 9: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: So now we get Seamus and Pete Dunne coming up, which also should be great.
Speaker 3: You know what my big thought was coming out of that boy, This Intercontinental title picture could be really awesome because I like Kaiser, Seamus fits in that mix. Obviously, you got brawn there, you know, Elia Dragonoff is lurking around as well to Pete Dunn. You can have a lot of guys, you know, fighting over that title and making it something valuable. It's been with Gunther and Sammy. They did a great job with that. But those old days of people really mixing it up for it, I'm all about that.
Speaker 1: So then we had Damien Priest coming out and this guy is so over as a babyface and he's a great babyface, and he cuts his promo about how I watched my own documentary. I didn't realize what people thought about me. And you know what, you guys are my new family, and I you know, I'm not happy I lost the title, but I can win it back. But you know what I'm unhappy about is I've disappointed my family, and my family.
Speaker 9: Was robbed of that title.
Speaker 1: Therefore, Finn get out here for a beating. And Finn appears on the big screen and he says, you know what, ain't I ain't coming out there tonight, But I got somebody who's gonna take you out tonight, and it's j D. And I'm just gonna wait until you're safe and comfortable, and then I'm gonna jump you from behind and stab you in the back over and over again. And up walks Carlito, JD Live and Dom. They're all laughing. The new Judgment day, Priest is furious and he storms to the back.
Speaker 3: This was an aesthetically great deal with Priest the entire time, rallying up the fans who responded to everything, and then the promo with everybody coming in at the end just to rub it in Priest's phase. I thought was awesome.
Speaker 1: And we had Peers on the phone and Bronson walks out and he goes, how come I beat Seamus last week and Seamus gets a match nine I got nothing, and pre says, well, you know the match was already signed, and so Bronson says, well, it's clear. If I want to get to the top, I got to create my own path and he walks out Shana and Lyra. This was like the only bad thing on the show. Actually no, there was actually another match that nobody cared about, but uh no real heat and then adiqu finish and then damage Control made the save.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this was pointless.
Speaker 1: Then we had Ivy Nile meeting with the Creeds and old Maxine walks up. She says and I quote, I haven't seen you for weeks, and the Creed brothers have been viciously attacking Tozawa and Oties.
Speaker 3: Howled with laughter.
Speaker 1: She gets dragged away by Gable. So they're playing up that Ivy Nile doesn't want anything to do with these heels.
Speaker 9: Just you wait.
Speaker 1: See him. Punk came out, He's all happy. Why is he happy? Well, he claimed that I was supposed to be out for nine months and I made it back five. Well, here we go anyway, So he wants to fight Drew. It's not splitting hers, he said, every time, tell me what I'm telling lies. So if you ask for people to tell you when you're telling lies, he's telling a lie here, and he told another lie later.
Speaker 3: You know you said the same thing and you respond kind of in this nevermind.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, hey, tell me what I'm telling lies? He told a lie. What's going on here?
Speaker 3: God's hitting you with lightning?
Speaker 1: That's something else. Oh okay. So then he calls out Seth or actually no, he calls out Drew, but Seth comes out instead and Seth no stupid outfit, no dancing. He wants to fight, and he's about to get in the ring, and all of a sudden, Drew shows up in the crowd, and Drew starts trolling both of these nerds, and they want to fight each other, but Drew's like going on and on, and then finally Drew he holds up the bracelet and now Punk can take no more and he bolts out of the ring. He chases Drew through the crowd, and then we had the greatest rob moment. Maybe in years, this would have only been better if Seth had been wearing a stupid outfit. Seth is alone in the ring because Punk has gone after Drew. All of a sudden, he is blindsided by Bronson. Bronson runs this dude over. Seth tries to fight back. Bronson kills him. He hits two sentans and then he lays him out and he goes up and he crushes him with the tsunami, and then he gets up and he starts climbing again, and he gets to the top and he hits a second tsunami. So now all these nerds come down to try to save Seth. He's been tsunami twice. And they pull Bronson out of the ring and they're they're bringing him up the ramp, and all of a sudden, Bronson makes a break for it and he runs down to the ring and he starts climbing, and all the dudes are looking up like, oh no, like tending to Seth. Bronson doesn't care. He jumps and they all go running and he crushes Seth a third time. He tsunamied him a third time. Now the crowd's like, this is awesome. They're chanting, this is awesome. So he jumps up and he starts climbing again. He hits a fourth one. Now the place is going crazy. He goes up a fifth time. He hits a fifth tsunami. So by the fifth tsunami, like the crowds just they're chanting. One more time, so he goes up a sixth time. He gives him a sixth tsunami, and Seth is spitting up blood. He's gagging, he's vomiting blood all over the place, and Bronson he tries one more time, but this time everybody grabs Seth and they pull his carcass out of the ring to save his life. This was so great. This was so great that, like, I think everyone's kind of liked Bronson Reid and everything like that, and you know he'll have good hoss matches and everything, but man, this was like this guy was a main eventor they turned him into a main eventor in one night, crushing this geek six times, and Seth is like, he is at the top, He's the top guy. And Bronson just ruined this dude. And I think Seth will probably be out for a little while. Played it up big, like it was a big time injury angle. He should be out for a wild cat, he should be out for the rest of the year. Bronson was just the greatest here. This was awesome. So then they go to break. They come back and Pierce is trying to get an update and Punk walks up and he's screaming and he wants to know where Drew is. And Pierce says, I personally walked him out of the building. He's gone, he's not here tonight, and Punk says, I just want to talk to him. It's like, that's another one. You are telling a lie. You do not just want to talk to drewmic Attire. You want to murder him. So it's best that you guys are kept apart aop versus the New Day. It's another one here. I'm like, who could possibly care? They've been trying to build the feud for like three months, four months. Nobody cares about this feud at all now we're watching AOP in the New day, like, oh my god. And so it ends up with the heels. They just keep interfering, interfering, carrying Cross pushes Woods off the top. All of a sudden, who should show up but Odyssey Jones. And Odyssey Jones shows up, and man, he destroyed these heels and AOP are big frickin' dudes, and he ruined these guys. It was incredible and double side sup, I mean everything. He looked like a million bucks.
Speaker 3: AOP is huge. And for those people who haven't seen Odyssey Jones and you have not in a long time, since he's been on the main roster for months and they haven't used him. He picks up one dude as r I guess or whatever and uh whatever, both of them under each arm, picks one up, then the other one up, then delivers the sidewalk slams. It was visually an incredible, incredible moment.
Speaker 1: So he looks awesome and then they go backstage later and Woods is like, I didn't even know you guys were friends. Cobe He's like, yeah, we were at the Performance Center together. I met him. I told him you were having problems with this final testimony or whatever testament, and and he came up to help, and you can see Woods is like, I don't need this dude's help. What have you got another friend for? But he smiles. I'm like, Wow, this is a good storyline. He's about to snap. JD cut the best promo of his whole career, and he talked about Priest and he's had he's had like eight months of anger at Priest built up, and now he just cuts. He just slices and dices this guy. You didn't want me in your cool club. I was the only guy Finn would listen to. He listens to me before you. Now I'm gonna get my revenge because I'm in this group and you're out and I'm a champion and you've got nothing. It was awesome, aytow him down, an awesome true ruth.
Speaker 9: Whatever who cares got too much to talk about.
Speaker 1: Bron Breaker cuts the promo. It's gonna be him and Sammy Zain in a two out of three falls match next week, which I think very well could be two straight falls for bron Breaker. Then Damian Priest and JD. They had a bad finish when Finn ran in for the DQ, but this post match was great. Priest tries to beat these guys up, but it's four on one. They're pounding him down the New Judgment Day. They're killing him and he finally goes for the edge, but Live makes the save, and so Priest and Liver are going face to face and Dom Chop locks Priest and they're beating on him, and all of a sudden, Rio Ripley's music hits place goes crazy and she grabs Live and she's destroying her. She goes to power Bomber through the table, but Dom makes the save and they go running, and then in the ring, Priest is like he's still getting beaten down. So Riha gets in the ring and JD goes face to face with her and she ends up boom meeting him with a head butt. He stumbles backwards. Priest hits him with this gigantic South of Heaven. This building is shaking, and then Rhea and Priest do the big hug and everybody's going crazy.
Speaker 9: This was awesome.
Speaker 3: They gotta do Rha and Tom. I know they don't like the man woman thing, but come on Ria against Dom please.
Speaker 1: We had Eo Sky and Sonya Deville eo onon that the Heels had beaten up to kodabackstage. I was told is not hurt. I was immediately thinking she'd torn her acl again, but she did not. And then the main event was Joe Gacy, Dexter and the Vintnor against Chad Gable and the Creeds. And it was a fine match. I mean, there was no magic, there was no hocus pocus. The Babyfaces beat up the Creeds, they pinned Gable. Everybody was happy like it was a good little segment. We can talk more about after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So yes, that was a quite enjoyable edition of Monday Night Raw. Hell, we gotta follow up SmackDown coming up on Friday with Roman Rains. He's gonna be on the show. And we know anything else, but I do know, I do know tonight is a great American bash Knight too. We have got ethan Page versus Oromnsa, my main man Oro Mensa for the next TA title, Nathan Frazer an Acient versus Wes Lee, and Zach Wentz. That could be a title change Colonniey Jordan versus Tatum Pack next to Women's North American title. Joe Hendry versus Joe Coffee Battle of Joe's. Do you realize the guy's name is Joe Coffee?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. They should have a cup for that. It could be the Coffee the Joe Cup.
Speaker 1: Joe Coffee is his name, yes.
Speaker 3: And then he can win it and it could become the Coffee Cup. But his name is Joe. There's all of these coffee meanings here. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Trick Williams versus Pete Dunn and Kendall Gray versus Wren Sinclair they booked for us I think they did. And then tomorrow on Dynamite we have Brian Danielson Jeff here No d e Q with Ricky Steamboat as a special guest referee. I like that MGF versus Kyle Fletcher in a title eliminator, and Shamata versus Brian Keith because Brian seeks revenge for his broken face against the man who broke his face by threatening to break his face. Anyway, we back tomorrow with more, everybody. I'll be back tonight Brian and Me and Granny and Craig and Shawn show. Prime Time wrestling will be covered tonight. That'll be a lot of fun and that's it. I want to thank everybody for listening. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.