Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Getty and no he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I'll be dealing with President Putin largely on the phone, and we ultimately expect to meet. In fact, we expect that he'll come here and I'll go there, and we're going to meet also, probably in Saudi Arabia, the first time we'll meet in Saudi Arabia see if we can get something done. But we want to end that war. That war is a disaster. It's a really bloody, horrible war.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we have this club. But Trump was asked specifically, something like, you know, is there a good guy and a bad guy in this war? Something along those lines, and he stayed away from question. I realize he's trying to negotiate with Putin and get him to agree to something. But dang, I think we need moral clarity on Putin's the bad guy. He's the evil guy. He's the worst guy. He's among the worst guys on.
Speaker 2: Earth right right. I wouldn't want to throw out the baby of Trump, the good things he's shaken up with the bathwater of some of the stuff I don't like. I think, as I said earlier, he's a little too quick to get rid of Chesterton's fence and rebuild it as Trump fence with solid gold. And I think some of the abandoning conventional thinking is probably too much, too fast and lacks moral clarity. As you'd said, some of it's great, but this one bothers me. Well, the idea dealing with Putin the way he is.
Speaker 4: The idea of even suggesting that Putin could come sit at the White House and meet the president after you know, bombing schools full of kids as the intention to death intentionally, yeah, what the hell?
Speaker 2: Or abduct We didn't even get to the.
Speaker 4: Abducting the tens of thousands of Ukrainian kids that they've taken back to Russia, taken them from their families.
Speaker 2: Turning them into loyal little Russians. Yeah, Instead, and we didn't even get to this story I think it was in the Wall Street Journal about the systematic torture of Ukrainian prisoners, how the guards were told take off your body cameras were suspending that regulation, make it as hard as possible on them, inflict pain whenever you can, for any reason, systematic torture with the goal of what breaking their will, rendering them shells of human beings, kill them without killing them.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: You can't have a guy like that sit down at the White House with the President and being treated unless we're unless we're luring him to a uh, you know, a country like ours to arrest him. I don't think he should be able to leave Russia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you need to worry about it because Putin would never to it. Way too much security risk for him, It'll never happen.
Speaker 4: How much does that help him, though, if he can play if his news agency, because it's the Putin news agency in Russia, gets to run a clip of President Trump talking about Putin coming to visit the White House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Trump would tell you that stuff doesn't matter. All that matters is the deal we strike. I'm working on a deal.
Speaker 4: But well, if that's true, then why do you got to flatter the guy. He's gonna do whatever is in his best interest, whether you call him.
Speaker 2: The devil or your best friend, isn't he Yeah? I think so. And again I'm not arguing this on my own behalf. I'm just trying to understand the way Trump might be approaching it. I think he's approaching it the same way you'd approach trying to get a spit of land on the coast of Ireland to build a golf resort on. You're gonna flatter the mayor and the local council people and the farmers and say nothing but great things about him and how excited you are, and how we could really have a great deal, until you know, it comes time to get down to breast tacks.
Speaker 4: God, how heartbreaking must it be for Zelensky, who's you know, had to be at the top of all this, and so many families in Ukraine if to hear that Putin could be treated like that, treated with that level of respect and dignity, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, it's got to be astonishing and horrifying. Yeah, real polititicket, it's absolutely worse now. I also think Trump said something yesterday about when they was being asked about Putin and Zelensky.
Speaker 4: Well, Zelenski's pull numbers aren't very high. Have you seen so like took a shot.
Speaker 2: At him while he was flattering Putin. I just that whole act. I do not like if behind the scenes Trump is communicating with Zelensky and saying, trust me on this. It's going to look crazy, but trust me that okay, okay, but yeah, it's tough to take to flip it around.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: We'll some more clips about this, because this was all the talk yesterday. You had the SEC def HEGXETH saying they're not going to get their land back, They're not gonna get their twenty pre twenty fourteen land is not coming back, and becoming part of NATO is off the table. So we announced those things just flat out yesterday, which is kind of interesting. From a negotiating standpoint. I would not use the word interesting. I'd use insane unless you've got some crazy strategy I don't know about. You would never take stuff off the table preemptively like that, even if it's clearly true, just to get to the real negotiating.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of an example where I'd be negotiating where we both know X isn't true, isn't gonna happen. So there's no point in pretending it is leverage because it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even if you have a little uncertainty in a negotiation, like that. You can exploit it and overplay that hand intentionally to get other concessions. It happens all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to come up with the scenario where I think it would make sense.
Speaker 2: But what was I saying?
Speaker 4: Oh, so this was the talk all day long yesterday, Hexeth announcing that, and then Trump talking about meeting with Putin there and here and everything else.
Speaker 1: So it's it's a big story.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was thinking to be fair to Trump's point of view on this, if I wanted to end of the war, and I thought it was in the United States best interest to end the war, do I believe that this might be a separate topic if I thought it was in the best interest in the United States to get this war off the table.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is there any point in bad mouth and Putin as you head to the negotiating table?
Speaker 2: Probably not. You know, I could come up with a rationale for it, But you know, my meanderings and musings, who needs them. It's it's unconventional. I'll say that, and I'll tell you what, And I don't believe this, but I am willing to entertain the notion that as I've said before Trump's Gazza Lago idea, which is just flat effing looney tunes. We'll take over Gaza, We'll clear out the rubble, We'll rebuild it as a groovy Mediterranean resort. The Palestinians can live in tracked homes over there, how lovely, Will you build them a park? It'll be great.
Speaker 4: I mean it's just but I mean I don't believe that, right, I mean, that's just no.
Speaker 2: No. But so as crazy as that is, though, all of a sudden, the leaders in the region are saying, no, we're not doing that. Let's come up with a good, solid plan we can do. It's like, hey, welcome to the party, boys, sixty seventy years down the line. Oh, now you want to be productive and kick in some money and actually solve this thing. Well lovely, and it took Trump's crazy ass idea to get them off the schneid.
Speaker 4: I would like to see some polling on this. The support for Ukraine has dropped bit by bit. It's almost it'll be three years, like a week that the war started, and it began with very high support for helping defend Ukraine, giving them what they need. Joe Biden said over and over again to Zelenski's space, We're with you to the end. You can count on us, while he would hold back the things they needed to keep their people alive. And now it looks like we ain't with you to the end at all. We're gonna wrap this thing up. You ain't getting your land back.
Speaker 2: And you know my final thought, and then I'll shut up. One of the more interesting things that really stuck with me about a particular class I took years and years ago, was we were talking about the difficulty democracies have in ending wars because there will be political costs, often enormous political costs for the people who end the war, particularly if it doesn't end in glorious victory, because if it ends in glorious victory, it ends itself. And so a dictator can end a war and say we've won so glorious victory, even though clearly it's not. Nobody says anything about it, and it is over. In a democracy, it is much much harder, which is perverse and counterintuitive, but it's true if you think about it, no doubt, and then that's a political price to pay if you didn't end it in the right way right, exactly, yeah, Or like Joe Biden, maybe it was time to get out of Afghanistan, but the way he implemented it was horrifically stupid. Reminds me of Trump of a bush and a rock. Anyway, to get back to the main thread of things, a guy like Trump would say, he would ask his advisors like he's asking his foreman building a golf resort. If we hang in there and the Ukrainians hang in there for another six months, then we go hard. Can we materially change their prospects? And the negotiating board and his experts to tell him no, which is no, it's probably true, right, it's a stalemate. Trump would say, all right, we end it now, let's get to the table. Let's not have any more bloodshed.
Speaker 4: What's the upside of MA making noises about standing up for democracies and everything?
Speaker 1: If nothing's going to get better, that's right? Not a horrible argument.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's a very cold hearted analysis of things that sometimes can cut through democracies not wanting to end a war when they should. For instance, I think Trump goes too far sometimes he disrespects things that actually do matter. But I am more than willing to let these things play out and then say, wow, I didn't see that coming. I was wrong. I know that makes me a bad talk show host. But we'll all find out together.
Speaker 4: I want to hear how ABC summarized this last night.
Speaker 5: President Trump on the phone with Russian President Putin for ninety minutes, agreeing to start negotiations immediately to end the war in Ukraine. Trump choosing to talk with Putin first, the President agreeing to meet with Putin, saying their first sit down could be in Saudi Arabia in the near future, but Trump also suggesting he may go to Russia and that Putin might come here, Trump saying the Ukrainian president would likely be involved.
Speaker 2: In a second meeting.
Speaker 5: Zelensky posting this photo of their phone call today, saying, together with the US, we are charting our next steps to stomp Russian aggression and ensure a lasting, reliable peace. As President Trump said, let's get.
Speaker 1: It done well.
Speaker 4: It's a very upbeat, positive spin on the story of the day there for ABC Evening News.
Speaker 2: I just think Trump's trying to flatter Putin and say, hey, I'm willing to work with you, I respect you, I like you, I get you, let's work together. He's trying to play putin, which is fine, but again it's like complimenting an alligator on its scales so it doesn't chew your leg off.
Speaker 4: One more clip. This is a second deaf pete hegzeth. On the future of Ukraine.
Speaker 6: We want, like you, a sovereign and prosperous Ukraine, but we must start by recognizing that returning to Ukraine's pre twenty fourteen borders is an unrealistic objective. Chasing this illusionary goal, we will only prolong the war and cause more suffering.
Speaker 4: So many lives lost and nothing accomplished by anyone good.
Speaker 2: I am mystified by this because Zelensky said something similar himself lately. I don't understand why you go big and blunt with it like that.
Speaker 4: Well, there will be a book written in a couple of years that will probably explain it.
Speaker 2: Would be my guess.
Speaker 4: We got more on the way stay here. Too much news needs to be some sort of federal law on the amount of news every day.
Speaker 2: Five stories a day, maybe five big ones and five small ones and a sports story, right, and like one puppy saved by brave fireman.
Speaker 4: That can be a bonus one and who won this week's Westminster dog shows. It it seems to be a weekly event, no kidding.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's going to be a run on those giant schnaus Well, of course there are, of course the dignified giant Schnauzer they call it, is there like an undignified giant Schnauzer breed as well, like the clowney, you know, kind of loser giant Schnauzer that where's a wife beater around the house and poops where it once? I don't know. So this is one of my favorite moments in legislative history. A House Republican representative Earl Buddy Carter of Georgia. Natch, I'm gonna move to Georgia just to vote for Earl Buddy Carter. He introduced a bill this week that would enable President Trump's efforts to purchase Greenland and rename it red, White, and Blueland. The bill would also require the federal government to refer to it as such on official maps and documents, never mind what the denmarkings and Greenlanders say. Let's see. As part of the bill, America is back and will soon be bigger than ever with the addition of red, White and Blueland. President Trump has correctly identified the purchase of what is now Greenland is a national security priority, and we'll proudly welcome its people joined. The freest nation ever exists when our negotiator in chief inks this monumental deal. Also considered as names for the new state, Cold af Sylvania, Polar Barrington, simply Ice, Ice Baby, and my favorite North North North Dakota. Oh now, we're gonna have nice cooperation with Greenland. The Arctic in those passageways are going to be incredibly important in the next fifty years. And it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Do you remember?
Speaker 4: I should do it again in case anybody didn't hear it. The biggest rumor in Washington, d C. According to Mark Calpern, and he talks to all the players. Oh yeah, the biggest rumor in the world, persistent and omnipresent, is the talk of a grand bargain between the United States and China that involves reduced tariffs, US access to Greenland, China's peaceful taking of Taiwan, all and several provisions and players to be named later. It seems it's implausible to many years and eyes, but the talk of this deal is everywhere, says Mark Alpern.
Speaker 2: This sounds like it could be a moral horror to me, but I'm trying to understand it. We won't fight you on Taiwan. We concede, sorry, Vladimer. You get the rights to the northern passage through the Arctic and the rest of it as a zone of influence and security, and let's get it on and we call it a deal. Yeah. Yeah, and a couple of players that be named later.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I got a question. So yesterday was Lincoln's birthday? Yes, sir, and Lincoln is on the penny. The penny was the most my whole life. I'm the present piece of currency that existed. It is since lost its usefulness. Yes, we all agree with that. But if Lincoln isn't the greatest president of all time, he's number two. So I mean, you know everybody agrees on that pretty much. Right, he'd s either him or Washington. They're in the top two. And do we move him to another? Doesn't it seem I mean, we're eliminating the most dominant currency that existed for my whole life with him on it. So that's a lot of less Lincoln bouncing around and they're talking about putting you know, Harriet Tubman on the twenty or whatever.
Speaker 2: They've been talking about that for a long time. Does it still got the fire? He's got the five dollar bill. Yeah, that's a fine, you know, piece of currency, the fin the five.
Speaker 4: It ain't like the penny. Though everybody had a penny in their pocket. My whole life, Lincoln was in their pocket, your whole life.
Speaker 2: No more. You got to move on. I just feel like he's getting downgraded. Only I don't know what to tell you, you know how, I'm always predicting a planet of the beavers because human beings are going to die off because we're not reproducing. Fascinating story. The Czech Republic was trying to build a damn project for years and years and years, and while they were arguing about it, Beaver's action damned off the river and accomplished what the government couldn't.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty funny story.
Speaker 2: They're ready to take over Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The intensity really developed after the election. So what's important to remember about Mark is that it's ten precedentent. He was passed up for three prisoner swaps, two in twenty twenty two and one in August first, twenty twenty four, passed up by who, by the Russians or by by by both sides at.
Speaker 2: The end of the day. Yeah, I don't know how that all shook out.
Speaker 4: That's that teacher that got let loose by Russia, Okaya this week, Fogel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from what I've gathered, the Biden administration did not declare him a wrongful detainee because he was caught with allegedly you never know, with Russia, the Hippi lets allegedly seventeen grams of medicinal marijuana entering Russia. I say, if you smuggle a drug you know to be illegal into a foreign land, man, you have made a terrible, terrible mistake.
Speaker 4: I don't know that your home country needs to trade some super bad guy to that country to get you back, because you couldn't be in Russia without getting high.
Speaker 2: Well, right and again, if that is true. And I was all prepared to be outraged because he was already being held when Britney Griner did her thing, and immediately all of America rushed to her aid because she's a basketball player, although she just had trace amounts on her vape pen evidently, and this dude had seventeen grams, which is a significant amount of pod allegedly.
Speaker 4: Happy Gallantine's Day. Still trying to wrap my head around this. Maybe you all knew about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I'd never heard about it in my life. We're still getting text about it. Gallantine's Day. So it comes from the TV show Parks and Recreation. It was a joke, kind of like in the way Festivus was a joke on Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: But people still talk about it.
Speaker 4: Gallantine's Day caught on and it seems to be a combination of women who just want to get together for drinks after work or Mimosa's for brunch or whatever, and then we'll celebrate Valentine's Day with a dude. Or We've gotten a number of text from people, say, those of us who are widowed or divorced or have no man in our lives, we like Gallentine Day to get together with the gals. I don't know, Katie, you celebrate Galentine's Days?
Speaker 8: I have before, and it's yeah, it's a good time hang out with the girls, and it's a reason to drink together early.
Speaker 4: Sure do we need more reasons? Or it is Thursday not a good Thursday was always good enough reason for me. That seems like a pretty damn good reason. It's Thursday or Tuesday or Wednesday morning or whatever.
Speaker 8: You sound like, majorcas Tuesday, Wednesday.
Speaker 4: I will get together with friends to drink on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, well, and so on, and we have.
Speaker 2: A very busy schedule. The first I heard about it recently was from an email from a gal who said, and she is a very Haiti like woman, Katie, very down to earth practical, who said, now, this is just more people aren't getting together. This is uh, nobody is interested in Rome as what. I don't hell, I don't know, and I don't particularly care. I don't think we're headed for a planet of the beavers, and I've come to accept it, which reminds me so seriously. Now. For years, officials in the Czech Republic, which is absolutely beautiful, it pushed a dam project to protect a river south of Prague and the critically endangered species living in it, but the project, hamstrung by land negotiations stalled. In the meantime, a group of chiseltoothed mammals renowned for their engineering skills and work ethic, an unencumbered by bureaucracy, decided to take on the task. The Beavers of Prague simply built dams themselves. The Rodents fast work. That's a band you follow around and you smoke dope. Even if they go to Moscow. The Beavers are prog. Yeah oh yeah, yeah, really rock hard. Dang dang ticket. That's sort of last I saw him. They played a fifteen minute version of Czech River. It was unbelievable. Yeah yeah, a twelve minute chainsaw solo. Anyway, they simply built the dams themselves. The Rodents' fast work saved the local authorities one point two million euros, according to a news release from somebody or other. Ah, so wait, do they.
Speaker 8: Do anything else? And can we hire some of them in California?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, kidding, Yeah, can they increase water storage in California? Gavin Newsom hasn't. Jerry Brown didn't in generations as the population doubled. Maybe we hire the Beavers of Prague.
Speaker 4: The Beavers of Prague, their original drummer choked on his own vomit, but the new.
Speaker 1: Guy's pretty good.
Speaker 2: So hey, you know what I.
Speaker 4: Want to get this on. This is Elon Musk doing a zoom call. Overnight for some place in the Middle East. Does he ever sleep anyway? Between him and Trump? No wonder their buddies that they need no rest. They run twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 9: We do need to delete entire agencies as opposed to leave part of them behind. Because you leave part of them behind, it's easy. It's kind of like if they're leaving a weed. If you don't remove the roots of the weed, then it's easy for the weed to grow back. But if you remove the roots of the weed, it doesn't stop weeds.
Speaker 2: From ever going back, but it makes it harder.
Speaker 9: So we have to really delete entire agencies.
Speaker 1: Any of them clearly, clearly true.
Speaker 4: And I heard it described last night on MSNBC comparing government workers to weeds. You know that sort of thing. Shut up and that is the proper response. But other than is you know, renaming himself Harry Balls. Every time I hear him talk, it's in very measured, reasonable tones. No, we need to look at these agencies and go through the books and see what they're accomplishing, whether they're you know, the employees, all the employees are needed or not. How is that not completely reasonable?
Speaker 2: Well, when you see the response that is frantic and illogical and fake civil rights. See you understand that it's not about principle. If it were, you know, you'd be one hundred percent right. There's no way to object to it. All of the things he've said on this topic have been one hundred percent reasonable and patriotic and smart and the rest of it, which just shows you the true nature of politics.
Speaker 4: But what's legal and all that sort of stuff, I don't know, And that'll get worked out in the courts now and again, what Trump defies the courts of constitutional crisis? He has stated specifically he will abide by the court rulings and they'll fight in the courts.
Speaker 2: He's set it out loud.
Speaker 4: But you still have a roundtable on CNN, And what will we do if he ignores the courts?
Speaker 1: He just said he's not going to.
Speaker 2: Do fine, you know, I wanted to get into the whole fake who we're having a constitutional crisis when jd Vance tweeted the other day that we will not allow the judiciary to essentially intrude on legitimate executive power, and everybody went crazy on the CNN panels, Jack's talking about and was talking about how oh Trump's going to defy the court. So that's a construtional crisis and the rest of it. When what Vance said is, well, it's the stuff of a Yale law student. No, he was saying, there are legitimate provinces of discretion within the executive branch, and we plan to exercise them, and if a court limits us, we will fight that and we will win. So it was a testament to respect for the system, not defiance. I mean, you really had to stretch to interpret that is. Yeah, let John Roberts come over here and enforce his s himself.
Speaker 1: Is that's not what he said.
Speaker 4: It all trying to figure out what's going on with the giant aircraft carrier, the Truman, that crashed into a pretty good sized ship in the Mediterranean Sea, and it just happened like in the last hour or so. We're broken last hour or so. I hope it's another not another black eye for the Navy where it looks like we don't quite have her act together, like has happened a few times in recent years.
Speaker 2: Again, maybe it's a timely warning before the pooh has hit the fan, we realize, hey, we're going to sharpen up this, that and the other that's true. Maybe Pete Haggszeth will get to the bottom ll if we're not sharp.
Speaker 4: It'd be better to find it out now than when we try to stop China from taking Taiwan or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's undeniable that the captain of the aircraft carrier's career will be over unless it's a really, really weird circumstance. On the other hand, the guy and the other ship, how'd you miss a twelve hundred foot vessel? Right, it's as big as a skyscraper. What are you doing in the way?
Speaker 4: So I saw the headline yesterday people are rushing to buy chickens around the United States, And then I googled it and I started to google rush to buy chickens to see and a whole bunch of different headlines came up from Chicago and Seattle and you know, name wherever in this in the country where people are buying chickens because egg prices are so high and you're all.
Speaker 2: Of a sudden going to be a chicken farmer. It just seems like a lot.
Speaker 1: Do you need eggs that much?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You must need eggs more than I do. But Michael, I know how busy you are. But how many times have chickens been mentioned in the last week, And there's one particular clip that has not been played, not even once. Jack back to you.
Speaker 4: Well, when I went to Google rushed to buy chickens, the suggestions that it put up there, you know, because Google gives you. The most popular chicken related questions currently being asked was why are so many people buying chickens? Really a lot of you google that, h So you're aware that people are buying chickens. You're not aware that egg prices are up where you feel like to inquire and you feel like you're missing out. All my friends are buying chickens. Is this the hot thing? I feel like I feel like I got.
Speaker 2: That's uh foamk fear of missing chickens. Yeah, I don't know. That's that's very odd, that's very meta, that's very Internet age.
Speaker 1: It is it is. Yes, Michael, we do have.
Speaker 2: The infamous uh chicken clip.
Speaker 4: Here you go then on Fox five, Sky Guardian and then check that seven day.
Speaker 2: To make your weekend glance.
Speaker 1: It takes a tough man to make a ten to forecast nick.
Speaker 2: Chicken. Okay, I'll do.
Speaker 4: We continue.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid.
Speaker 4: Let me continue. Did we ever nail down why he said that or precisely what he said? Was that an unnecessary censorship? No, that was real, but he actually said it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he actually said he wanted to say plucking.
Speaker 1: But he.
Speaker 2: Dropped the F bomb. That's a that's an odd mistake to make. I've been doing this job for men many years and I've yet too fumble the ball quite that serious.
Speaker 4: Now that I know he actually said that, I would like to hear it again so I can hear how they all react and try to move on. Then on Fox five Sky Guardian and then check that seven day to make your weekend plans.
Speaker 1: It takes a tough man to make a tender forecast.
Speaker 6: Nick, okay, we continue.
Speaker 4: So the other guys, okay, I'll do that. You can hear because the way it's bleep, we've got the f in there, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's legit.
Speaker 4: You go to commercials Okay, hey, Jim, what the hell was that?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know, well, and you'd think, wait a minute, did I just hear that? Last night, I'm sitting there with my son who's visiting, along with my oldest daughter. The youngest soon to arrive. Uh and uh and and Little D texted me a question and I answered it, Nah an age and uh, that's my youngest daughter de lady. And I glanced down and I was like, wait a minute, wait, what did my brain just do because it looked like my iPhone wanted to autofill an n bomb? What And I'm like, wait, wait, whoa wait, I didn't. I didn't imagine that. That's too freaking weird. And so I did it once or twice more, and for some reason, like the third time I did it, it tried to autofill nagger the infamous South Park bit, south Park bit, but yeah it actually I typed nah, and my iPhone tried to say nager, so an expression I have never used in any concept, any context except describing the infamous South.
Speaker 1: Park right boy?
Speaker 2: No like that. No, I was shocked. And again it must have been like here in your coworker, drop an F bomb? You'd be like, did I see? Did I hear that?
Speaker 4: Have you had any experiences like we were talking about yesterday? Of the AI suggestion replies to long text, I had another one last hour, having fairly lengthy text conversation with somebody. It was like it suggested. I say, I'm sorry to hear that, maybe it'll work out or something like that. I'm like, this is a heartfelt conversation. I shouldn't be just taking your suggestions of how to continue it.
Speaker 2: It's weird. Yeah, Tim Cook. Maybe there are people who actually want real human interaction removed from their lives completely. I'm not one of them. I think that's really one of the only things worth living for, so I'll I handle it. Thank you. Wow. I don't know how I feel about it.
Speaker 4: If I find out somebody's responding to me, if I send a heartfelt, complicated dealing with kids or marriage or whatever it is, and I find out the replies were just I just went with the AI suggestions.
Speaker 2: Jack, You'll live through this, You'll gain wisdom from it, and you'll value these years. Trust me on that.
Speaker 4: Don't be a nagger, and I'll say, hey, thanks, that really helped me in a hard say.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just pressed send.
Speaker 2: I didn't even look at it, but I'm glad to hear it.
Speaker 1: Come on, We'll finish strong next time, arm strong, hetty.
Speaker 10: I'm saying, isn't just a jilly famous Presidente Margarita.
Speaker 1: Jilly says, my god, I know I'm sanging out man and.
Speaker 9: A great sound.
Speaker 1: Frances say, song promoting.
Speaker 2: President Margarita. And it's as good as any actual pop song because it.
Speaker 10: Says or click one hundred percent. It's one hundred percent as good as Humphrey hips. It's the most I don't know when the last time music was this homogeneous.
Speaker 1: I suppose as it always was, but no, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: No no.
Speaker 2: I ought to write a lengthy piece, it would be like a thousand words if it's for National Review. It'd be ten thousand if it was for the Atlantic. But talking about how there was absolutely creativity and some anarchy and just wild explorations within quote unquote pop music for a while. But it's a commodity that's fairly valuable in the marketplace, and so it became commoditized. And now it's just it's like corn.
Speaker 4: But you don't think like O wheat future, but you don't think it makes its way through different genres like I feel like all ninety early nineties hip hop sounded exactly the same. And then there was a period of like in the seventies, there was the kind of music it was all sounded the same, and.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, yeah, and then somebody breaks through, whether it's Nirvana or Elvis or whatever, and then quickly the corporate go grab hold of that and commoditize it again. And then you got to find your creativity elsewhere.
Speaker 4: But modern country. And I'm a country fan, so that hurts more. But it Oh, it's hard to take it, you know.
Speaker 8: Chadcarmstrong and j Getti.
Speaker 2: Now that's genre bending genius right there.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up today. There is our technical director, Michelangelo. Michael, you know I'm still getting compliments about my cheese dip, and I know I was, and get this much love. I got to create another food because you know, I've never felt so good.
Speaker 1: I never felt so good.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: We've known various DJs who've like sold their their barbecue sauce or whatever made a few bucks. You ought to do that, oh right, Katie Greener.
Speaker 4: Like Sammy Hagar's tequila is significantly different than anybody else's plate man, Katie.
Speaker 2: Green arsteam to Newswoman as a final thought.
Speaker 8: Katie, Joe, I would love for you to go to your lovely bride and pitch a golfing times Day'll take time, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'll jump again and say my final thought is, I think one of the secrets to our happy marriage is we're perfectly comfortable with We do us stuff, and then I do me stuff and she does her stuff. Then we come together and do us stuff again. It's great, Jack.
Speaker 4: Final thought, Well, the important thing is that the most romantic times are the ones declared by the Hallmark card company. Oh yeah, and that's when if it's not a perfect day, your relationship is, or at least should be ruined and ended. Yes, Armstrong and Giddy rabi about other grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk has to come and pull your relationship out of the ground like a weed. So many people that thanks a little time go to Armstrong and Giddy dot com. Pickups me and g swag at store. You can listen to the podcast the link at Armstrong Giddy dot com. Check out the hotlinks we'll see tomorrow. God bless America. It's not efficiency.
Speaker 1: I'm strong and getty. Our message is clear. We're gonna stand.
Speaker 2: Up, We're gonna speak up, We're gonna we're gonna do anything we.
Speaker 1: Need to do.
Speaker 2: Who I got nothing for you on that, So let's go with a bang. That's right, all right?
Speaker 1: Every time I don't know, is I pay no attention?
Speaker 2: Well, I was just surprised to find out you pay no attention when it's not normal. But by Armstrong and Getty