Speaker 1: Start up, dot up, start up, Brooklyn Boy, start up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, dot dot up. They making noise, dot up, start up, dot dot up, Episode three fifty eight of the Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello David Brodie, What was that? What kind of introduction was that? You're like, it's episode three fifty eight, Try and give it a little every time. You kind of like give like a dramatic pause before you said hi to me, little rat. It was like reminded me of a remember the old show WKRP in Cincinnati. They did a nighttime show called the Quiet Storm. I think that's what from that show. They're like, the Quiet Storm, that's what you do. Like it's episode three fifty eight. I said, you're trying to be sexy, trying to make our podcast a little a little seductive. I've been told I have a very sexy voice by what death man when I drop it down low, if I get closer to the mic scared. Let's let's be honest. You haven't been able to drop it down low in a long time. If I ever, If I if I get close to the mic like this, when you dip, you break your hip and oh yeah, give me sexy, scary ahead, all right, this is and just speak like this. How about that? How does that sound so sexy? Again? Anytime you're ready to speak sexy? Go ahead, I'm going this is it. This is my Oh this said, I missed it, so I do it again. I'll pay at ladies. Ladies, turn the volume up, turn the volume up. Okay, how I'm just gonna talk like this? Yeah? How does that sound sound good? Sounds like your regular voice? Scary? No, no, no, it's me. This is me. This is me talking really low, like very low. No, this isn't is not sexy to you. Isn't it the voice that caused them to keep you three hundred yards away from any school show? That's that's you being sexy. This is this is scary. I am scaredy Johns a sexy, I'm scary Jones. Oh it was talk softer, you didn't get sexy. Yeah, talking softer for me brings out the sexiness in my voice, that's all. Oh does that work for Robin? You're like, hey, Robin, how's it going? I don't know? Maybe if I if I but like I'm not, I don't have sexy voice, but I think you have to give it a little more like, Hey, yeah you do it. Oh yeah, you feel good tonight. You gotta like you gotta sound You didn't sound sexy. You just went, hey, it's scary Jones. You just lowered your voice. You went, hey, it's scary Jones. Instead of Hey it's scary Jones. You went, hey, it's scary Johnes. I'm used to yelling. I'm used to yelling on this podcast. There's nothing sexy. Anything not yelling is so anything not yelling is like sexy. You're in sexy zone, right. I feel like we are the loudest of any podcast out there. We have to be. I think a lot of podcasts. If you notice some of these podcasts, these guys are sitting on couches and they have like a microphone propped up to the couch, and they're just like they're leeling back there, leaning back in their hoodies and they're just chilling, you know, They're they're just hanging. Yeah. See, I feel like if we were put in that type of atmosphere environment, I think we too would sound like that. Okay, so but it's still doing a live broadcast possibly early next year. Yeah, and the venue is a pretty chill venue, and I don't know if they're gonna give us couches or not to sit on. But I don't think that's gonna affect at least me. You may be sexy scary on the podcast live, but I'm gonna be broady from Brooklyn. I think it depends. I think your your demeanor, your voice, your attitude all has to do with the environment that you're in. And you know, not for nothing, but me sitting in my apartment is a pretty eryl Envinor environment. Everything's white. We have a microphone boom here my gold ye, by my gold mic that I was gifted for my fiftieth birthday by the Morning Show. That that really has to be part of this. You have to you have a gold mic. But yeah, I've got a gold mic the Morning Show gifted to me two years. How is that part of the story and the environment of you being chill, I'm paint I'm painting the picture. No that I'm saying it's it's cold here. I'm just you know, just I have a desk, you know, and it's bedroom white. But I'm saying in my living room it's just not it's this is not the place. Yeah, earth tones, No, but here this is my living room, though it's slightly blue, like light blue. But my point is it's not warming, it's not cozy, it's not inviting, it's not welcoming. Correct, So it breeds this monighal, chaotic tone that we you know, like we're and we're screaming at each other. That's what we do on this and I know that that's what we're known for. But I'm just it's an observation that I don't think we scream. I get animated. You scream at me all the time. We're both very animated, both of us. Sometimes we're more than others. But anyway, would you at least admit your couch is not comfortable. It's not My girlfriend refuses to sit on it. It's terrible. You you bought a page out of a magazine. You bought the rug and the chairs, the couch, and it looked great in the picture. But this is why Scary doesn't watch a lot of television. You know. We talk about how Scary is like not into anything. It's like, oh, he's not watching this is not watching that. This couch is the problem. I have a recliner couch with big cushiony pillows and I sit down and go, oh, and it's scary. You you bounce off the couch when you sit down on the couch. It's so hard and uncomfortable plastic or leather, whatever it is. It just kind of goes. It doesn't It doesn't suck you in, it doesn't welcome you in, It spits you back out. Can we get the microphone close up to the couch to have you sit down hard on it to get that sound? No, that's not even close anyway. So Birdie and I are excited. We're we're going to see each other. How can you tell? Right, we're all going to see each other. We're going We're going to Carla Marie and Anthony's wedding. It's finally here the days here this Friday, really and if you don't know who they are, there are two people that were part of the morning show. Yes, and we had Carla Marie on not too long ago. This was the one. This is the couple with the blackout wedding where everything is blackout. So I had further questions for them and they were answered, and that was am I not allowed to have? You know, I have to have black accessories too, like like for instance, if my girlfriend wants to have it, you're gonna bring black Lloyd. No, she's gonna have a purse and it's like a gold logo on the purse. Is that okay? What about red bottom shoes, the red bottoms? Okay? Off that bottom? Girls? Anyway? Wait a minute, Well, you're not really gonna wear lubitons? Are No, I'm not. I'm kidding. It's okay, but but you know, people have these questions. Apparently I have to go. Yeah, it's apparently when it's all black. But but it's okay to have my cuff links are not black. It's okay. If my what about my pocket square? Oh, god forbid, I put some color in my pocket square. If I see a red door, I want to paint it black. All right, rolling stones, thank you? So I have go ahead ahead? No, No, So I'm wondering. I'm just wondering. I'm wondering how far we have to carry this? And the answer is pretty far. It's it's heard you were thinking about going in blackface? Is that true? All right? You gotta you gotta really that's not that's not nice. So I I heard uh that Scotti had a similar dilemma. Scotty Bee from the Morning Show had a similar dilemma to me. Now, Scotti's theory and it's it's kind of my theory as well. We'll tell them what I'm not. You think I'm gonna leave them in suspense and not tell them slices some of the man of the television. Okay, So Scotty and I are the kind of guys that don't have a lot of fancy clothing, right we were. We wore shorts and T shirts to work every day, and I don't I don't enough suits. Uh So I wore I wore a blue blazer to a funeral recentlya caause I didn't have a black sport coder or even a suit. So Scotty and I coincidentally both went out and got black suits and black shirts. And he had to buy black shoes because he didn't have black shoes and black tie and I had a black tie. Added buy a black suit and a black shirt because I didn't have anything to wear for this wedding. So Scotty on the Morning Show to call him Maurice's face because this was what he told all you guys, but he had the balls and tell right your face so in similar fashion, when we talked about if you go on a destination wedding and you have to spend hundreds of dollars on a plane ticket and hotels and everything else, you give a smaller gift because you spend one thousand dollars to get there. His theory is and I think I kind of agree with him. Slices, let us know what you think is he's going to give less of a gift because he had to spend a few hundred dollars just to go. And I think I might agree with that because I went. I went to Macy's because Macy's you can get a good deal if they have a sale going on, if you get a pretty good quality suit but not a lot of money. Now, I could have gone to Men's warehouse. We were having this conversation, by the way, where you get nine suits for forty dollars. But I didn't go to Men's Warehouse. I went to Macy's and I found a suit I really liked. And I had a great woman helping me, you know, because the guy with the tape and the and the chalk wasn't working. But a woman helped me, and she was terrific. And she found me a shirt, a black shirt I liked, and she took me around. She got me a suit and a vest. I like a three piece suit. So she got me, found me a a suit had a vest, and she's like, this is a modern cut. You're gonna like it. She found me a shirt with a style I like, and it was a little trendy in the tar not so Trent. Okay, that's important. So I'm really excited, I said, listen she was, And everything's fifty percent off. Now. Now, if you've ever been to Macy's, their stuff is a little expensive, and then fifty percent off makes it moderately expensive. With fifty percent off, like, it's like, oh, it's a lot of money, but it's fifty percent off. They get you, they mark everything up, and then they make it on sale. So she says, listen, if you open a Macy's card, you get thirty percent off. Now, normally, when you open up a credit card at Macy's, it's ten percent off you purchase. So I'm like, oh, thirty percent, no problem. Now, before I get to that fiasco, I spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars to go to this wedding and I love calling Marie and Anthony. So my question is, am I also entitled to maybe chintz on the gift a little bit? Yea, because I spent a shitload of money on I'm never gonna wear a black suit again lest it's to a f and if you do, and if you do, then you need to donate the suit to them too. You need to package that up and give it to them, because that's part of the present. Can't fit Anthony, can't fit my suit. He's freaking let me say something muscular. Yeah, And this is what was said to Scottie as well. What grown ass man doesn't have a black suit? You're you're you're sixty something. You know what? You need to have a black suit? Talking about you and I are both in our fifties. You talking about you at the ladder end of the fifties and me at the beginning beginning. You have a black You need a black suit. How could you not have that in your wardrobe? How did you get what? I wear a blacks? What would I wear a black suit for besides get this foreign life without owning one black suit? It's kind of like I have. It's a it's a prerequisite to being an adult. I have one black suit that I bought maybe fifteen years ago, and I went to try it on, and not only is it no longer in fashion, but it's too big on me. Fair enough, but but it doesn't fit what they lost weight and and shoes anywhere? Pants fall off me. Your black shoes still fit. I didn't look. You have black shoes. Of course, I have black black shoes. Have black shoes, so and once again, I have black shoes. You got black shoes, so you had to buy a suit. I'll tell you why I have black shoes because I bought black shoes because they go with every colored suit you could own. Black is you get black shoes, You're good. So I bought a pair of black shoes again, maybe six seven years ago. I don't wear shoes, so I wear sneakers every day. Why do any black black suit? Slices back me up here, female slices. Does your man have a black suit? Does he wear all the time? Slices? You wear playing? Come on? You shaded? You mopstay You don't have a You don't have a black shirt. You had to buy a shirt too. I had to buy a shirt. I have a black shirt. Wear wear black shirt, white shirt, white shirt, you play pick a ball? Now, okay, the white shirt I had too big swimming on me. All you needed was a white or black shirt and you got to go buy that. But I went down like a shirt size and a half. In the past year and a half, Well, congratulations, That tell us slices how good I love. Do not do not chints on their gift they you know, I just that's this way this I look at it scary. In two thousand and nine, I hired a little blonde girl named carl and Marie to be an intern, and then I hired her over the show. Hired, but I recommended her to be hired to be our phone producer. Then I helped train her and groom her and she said, listen, it's all her talent. But I helped her become a co host and doing segments on the show, and then she went off to get her own radio show. But however, by hiring her as an intern, she got to meet Anthony, who was working for Elvis as his personal Technically, you are responsible for them getting married, you is correct? That is correct? And who's her her maid of honor? Her sister? Right? But who's there in her wedding party. Oh producer Sam? Yeah? And who else Ricky in the wedding party. I don't know. She may, I don't know. I don't know anyway, Okay, producer Sam is her best friend, right yeah? I hired Sam. Okay, so I because of me. She has a husband soon and a best friend. So I feel like that's enough of a gift, don't you think? Man? You know, I'm just I'm feeling personally that I'm feeling we can't feel. I'm feeling a commercial break coming on. But before that, I really, I really do think that you really shouldn't take it out on this couple. For you having to buy a suit that you will and could wear again and again and again. You're gonna get You're gonna get it get. You didn't get a life's use out of this suit. Oh yeah, think about it. The next time someone I know dies, well, it could be about you might be the one buried in this suit. At the end, I won't be buried in a suit. I'll be buried in a some thing METS related. But that being said, next time I'm at a funeral, I'll be thinking to myself, how sad they're dead. But you know what, I had a really good time at calling me and Anthony's wedding. Thanks calin me and Anthony. If having a black tie wedding, now, I have a suit to go bury a relative of mine.
Speaker 3: It's a boy's podcast.
Speaker 2: I for one am not taking anything out of the gift. The gift is the gift, and if anything, I'm gonna have to, you know, step up to the plate. Because have you seen the place. It's very nice. It's a really nice place. So and it's a weekend wedding. I mean, I'm not bringing a guest. And I hear the food is insane here. I mean it. Actually I was at a wedding here at once. It's awesome. It's it's everything you want in a wedding venue. So it checks all the boxes. This is gonna be maximum scary Jones gift. I mean, because if it's black tie, it's fancy bringing a guest weekend wedding forgetting I mean, this is I feel like that's not fair to me as your co host. Oh no, you're not gonna guilt me into giving less. No, No, I just feel like maybe you and I should have just gone half on a gift, and then it would be like, oh from the Brooklyn Boys. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, We're not playing that game. No way, broh, no way. I got I got my girlfriend with me and everything. This is this is like date night here. It is a little weird, though, Friday versus Saturday, because you're coming off a day of work and you, you know, our day starts. My day forget about you. My day starts at four am. Your day starts at four pm. Uh, so you know I'm gonna have to I hate it Friday. Friday is a little difficult for me. But I'm I'll figure something out, I guess. But I'm looking forward to seeing you, Brody. It's gonna be good because we don't really get to I'm looking forward to getting all the food that you owe me. You better put that in your car. Oh yeah. Oh. And I was informed by the mail room after I left today that something showed up. Another thing showed us be my gift from Reggie get that ship. Ye yes, yes, and the label I had big scoops. I had them read the label to me, and it said something like Scary Jones for David Brody, not somebody else's wife. Oh, that's definitely Reggie. That was on the on the label, I'm like, that has to be Reggie. So yeah, I don't need Cubby's wife getting my bike scoops. I'm gonna I'm gonna pick up that, uh, that gift for you tomorrow. I'll bring that along with everything else. I got so much stuff to hand you, man, I mean I can't wait. By the way, if you bump into somebody at work who's like outside smoking pot and they're baked, I'll be like, oh, you're baked. Here's some big scoops out of mind. So thanks Reggie. Reggie found baked scoops for me? Is that what Wedmons? The world's greatest grocery store? And uh and she picked me up a couple of bags. I offered to pick them up repay her. She's like, absolutely not, so thank you. Reggie up Reggie here, this justin Oh oh oh, speaking of Reggie, I gotta tell you what happened to Reggie here. We have already agreed that about I don't know ninety five ninety four percent something like that depends on them. On the week of people who listen to the Brooklyn Boys also listen to our companion podcast the Slice Time episodes that are listen. You know, our listeners leaving talkback messages, voicemails basically to comment about the show. And I think the shows are hilarious, but not everybody listens. We can tell by the numbers that about five percent don't listen to both shows. And that's fine if you don't, if you're not a big fan of Slice Time. However, this past episode Slice Time, for episode three fifty seven, it went off the rails. It went off the rails, out of control. This was no excuse for this, Slices. We apologize that you need to reclaim your time because because we took over your show on this last episode. Yeah, and I blame Scary because he said something so offensive. Struck a nerve. Struck a nerve. Scary pooped on on people from the heartland of our country, to the big cities, to the mountains, people all over our great country. No poo on that pooed them. He put pooed them. I didn't put poo them all. I mean, we'll bring it up right here, but I don't want to get into it again because this is this is like a fifteen minute diversion, but Okay. The crux of it was that I think that there's something a little sus about grown ass adults crying when they meet a Disney character at Disney World because costumed character, because it's basically a sweaty college kid in the friggin costume. It's like, so it's like, you're hugging this kid, you know, And I'm like, what's going on? What are you doing? Like again, not faulting you for going on rides, for wanting to be excited about the excitement of a Disney World, going to Epcot, doing all the things you even but even you know, I'm even gonna take it as far as not just the costume characters Brodie, Yeah, yeah, yeah, but like the characters dressed up like like Jasmine the Princess, you know, or Cinderella or whoever, like these these these characters. So so that's the crux of what you're an actor, you're an actress. And I disagreed with Skeary. I stood again a man of the people. I said, there's something of everybody. Here's what you can do. Go and listen to it if you haven't already, and then leave us a talk back about the time we took over the talkbacks, but I I felt very strongly that it's totally okay and makes total sense to me that grown adults would be moved by meeting a Disney character, And I explained why, So go back and listen to Slice time and let us know your thoughts, especially if you're someone doesn't normally listen to s Lifetime. But in the middle of Lifetime it broke out and got it got heated. Yeah, and I was given some pretty valid parallels on people that on things that we shouldn't, Yeah, will look weird. That would look weird and sound weird if we did that was you know what, I don't want to give it away. Just don't give it all away. Listen to this segment. Let us know what you think on that, all right, because some of you, some of you don't listen to Lifetime. You just listen to this main episode, which I'm okay with, but you should listen of you are missing out on some quality entertainment, all right. So, speaking of giving it all away, there's a new I'm not gonna give it anyway, there's a new show on Apple TV called Pluribus. It's made, It's it's it's created by the same guy, Vince Gilligan who created Better Call Saul and uh Breaking Bed. Okay, so he's acclaimed TV show creator, and I need to know what you would do scary because I feel like, again I'm not gonna ruin the show. I'm gonna tell you something that happens in the trailers, and it's a I'm not gonna be specific, I promise no spoilers. The woman in the show who was on Better Call Solid so blonde actress. She plays an author, a very cynical, I hate the world, author of books, very successful, rich woman, and something happens to almost everyone on earth. Okay, okay, so imagine a zombie apocalypse, right, Imagine everyone's a zombie but you and like a handful of other people, the whole planet is zombie apocalypse. Okay, so let's just call whatever happens in the show, we'll call it a zombie apocalypse. I don't give anything way in this show. She's not a zombie, but everyone else is a zombie and they're not unhappy about it. There's zombies, and she doesn't like the fact everyone in zombies. And she meets a couple of other people on the whole planet that aren't zombies, and she says to them, dude, we gotta we gotta do something to fix the planet. We gotta gotta change the zombie apocalypse. Gotta find a cure for the zombie apocalypse. Okay. Now, in this world, scary, the zombies will do anything you want them to do to make you happy. Okay, Okay, So if if you want to have sex with beautiful people, or you want to already have food, you want to have food, yes, you will want to have any food made for you. Uh, you want a new car, you want a plane, whatever you want, these zombies will make sure you have it. So when she meets these other non zombies, she's like, let's go, we gotta work together, and they're like, oh fuck that, I'm getting everything I want. Like, yeah, I would would, I would side with them. Why the hell would I want to change the rors? Hold on, scary. Everyone you know is a zombie. Yes, your girlfriend, everybody, your parents, everyone is a zombie. However, anything you want, you can walk into a department store, everything is yours if you want it. You can go to any car on the street. You want to want a private jet, they bring you a get How are you not describing my paradise? Okay, So what I'm saying is scary. Given that scenario where you could maybe get everyone back from being zombies or live like a god, pampered day and night, which would you want? Would you help try to overde kill the ladder? I would want? I would want to continue life the way that I get everything that I want because I'm a glutton. All right, Yeah, well what was there more than this? Or is that you're saying? So what you're saying is what's the hook here? You would want to be pampered and have sex with anyone on the planet at any time and get anything you wanted. But Robin's gone, Well she's part of it, she's part of the zombie Nope, Nope, she's part of the zombie world.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: Yes, right right, so she doesn't get to be part of your world. You're still human. I'm right, I get back sex with a zombie, So there I'm good. No, no, no, you technically yes you could, but it wouldn't be Robin. Okay, who would it be? It would be someone in It would be a zombie Robin. It wouldn't be Robin's consciousness so you're saying you want to should I get But wait a second, But then I could just snap my fingers and say, you guys would make me much more happier if you guys acted, if you guys acted like humans and not zombies, and then they would come back. You just said more happier. That thing said, no, you can't wish for more wishes. So what you're saying is not an option. You either put up with the world. Everyone's been fucked up, and not the people that used to be but you and the four other people of five other people can have whatever they want and live like kings and gods. But everyone you know is gone. And this is cerebral. All you have to say is scary. You could say, you know what, I once had dinner at a restaurant in Switzerland in two thousand and five, the greatest meal of my life, and then they and they make it for you. Boom. You drive a hard bargain here. Why would I want the real world back? There's so much there's so much trouble, there's problems, it's chaos, right, So this is a world with no chaos, and you could have whatever you want, but everyone you know is gone, sign me up. Okay, slices, what would you do? Leave us a talk back on all your family and friends? Back? Are you want to be treated like a king and a god forever? I'm in all right, I know it, I know it a world. It will also be a world without commercials. Oh what's that like? Because this isn't that exactly? All right? Again, I didn't spoil anything other spoilers there. But it's a very good show. I recommend it highly. It comes out every week on Friday nights, not a sponsor, and three episodes have come out. Now, Oh what what's today's day? Oh? Today we are? What is it? November twenty No, November eighteenth, nineteenth, nineteenth nineteenth. Here, eight forty pm. Your president just signed the bill directing the Justice Department to publicly release all of the Epstein files. So here we go, everybody, it's coming, it's coming, it's coming. I heard it. I heard it again. Not to get political, but Inny, this is not a political thing. This is just oh ship, it's going. It's coming everywhere. Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom. Yeah, now you saw you saw the email. It's all coming out. Blowing Bubba. The blowing Bubba email was great, but I heard it was it wasn't Bill Clinton's brother. Yes, it was funny for an hour. Yeah. So, so imagine as a parade going by, right, and you grab a baton from your basement. Right, you have a baton in your basement, and you jump out in front of the parade and start walking with the baton like you're leading the parade, right, And I was like, oh, he's leading the parade, but you're not leading the parade because it was already a parade. That's basically what happened in the past day two days. Someone realized everyone else is already gonna vote for it, and they were like, yeah, I vote for it, absolutely, I'm not. Let's go, let me get my botinio. But but but you know, really, I'm just by the time you hear this podcast, who knows what kind of news and what kind of things are going to be uncovered, because there's a lot of shit that is about to be unearthed. Well, but here's the thing, and again I'm not taking aside, hi, I'm just telling you, like, what the facts are. Here are the facts. The DOJ now has to make a decision as to whether or not they're going to release all of it, part of it, some of it, redact it, meaning cause oh no, he said, go for it, go for it. Go everybody. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, no time of scenes. You might yeah wink wink. Okay. So here's the thing. Some people, I'm just gonna give you some facts in case you're not like deep into it, because that's a huge story. A lot of people are like, well, why didn't Biden release the files if it's such a big deal. Here's why, because it's important to what's going on today. Gallainne Maxwell, Epstein's girlfriend, partner, whatever she was. She went to jail in twenty twenty two and then she appealed her case. So because it was an active case, they couldn't release the files until the case was settled in January twenty twenty five, January of this year. Then we were legally able to release the files. They were not releasable prior to January. Now here's why I'm bringing this up. A couple of days ago, when there were names kind of leaking out in those early emails, the President said, I want my Department of Justice to investigate former President Clinton, some other billionaires, a bank, different things. Right. Okay, Okay, here's the thing. If they open up that investigation, then they legally can't release the files because there'll be an active investigation. What stop being so speculative. I'm just going by because I I want to read them. I want to. This is you know, I want to. That was the point of why I said what I just said, because it's let's see where this is going. This made did juicee last night, the guy Larry Something. He came out and he said, I'm stepping back. I'm stepping out of a public life that I was just giving facts. Please don't make life time about this the big news, breaking news. That's all. No more importantly, I lost my fantasy football game by point one four points. Ooh, that has to hurt. That has to hurt. That's fourteen yards. That's out of my nine players just needed to get fourteen more yards. And yeah, I'm told it happens, man, it happens. So on ESPN. I was, I'm watching the Monday night game and uh, it says my chances of winning are ninety nine percent because it was like six minutes left in the game and I needed a point and a half, like, oh, chances of winning, and then as the game is getting closer, it's like ninety chance, yeah, percent chance. And then the game ended.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I lost. So I saw I love fantasy. The most brilliant thing this is. This is great. You're looking at him, thank you. Yeah. So obviously porch pirates are a problem, right, and they are. They are the worst, and they deserve everything that that that's coming to them. Now, I've been seeing a series of videos, right, but not what's coming to me. They don't deserve what's coming to me. No, they don't know, they don't. They take what's coming to you and it goes to them. But I'll say that again. Now, people telling me these are AI, I don't know if they are not. But there's this one video that is just magic and it is not AI. But but have you seen the series of videos where they they run up to the porch, the porch pirate, and they pick up the package and it explodes in their face with like with paint, it's like a paint bomb. And then okay, so there's a lot of videos out there. You can google them. Some of them. The really good ones are when the package doesn't explode until they get to their car, so they run into the car and then the fucking paint goes into the car all over. But there's there's there's a series of these where the package blows up and it's like bright pink paint, yellow paint, blue paint in their face, gets everywhere, gets in their car. I think the average person, the average person can create a paint point. Well apparently no, you they're expensive, but you can. Yeah, yeah, you can actually buy these rigged gifts, right, you could buy these rigged Now again, people are telling me, nah, that's AI. That's not real. Regard Brody. Regardless if those are real or not, you cannot legally buy sellowship a package rigged to explode with paint. As such items are classified as illegal booby traps or hazardous materials. We're not handled. But it doesn't exist always an AI. That's the bigger question. All right, But here's what you can do, all right, all right, yep, here's what you can do. And this this video is not AI. It's real. Somebody packaged up their old broken damage TV set and they packaged it up and they put it on their porch and they just waited and sure enough a porch pirate came had fucking hauled that thing away. So they turned a porch pirate into a junk lugger and that was fucking hilarious. Oh that's very fun. That's great. So if there's some shit that you want to get rid of, brody, that's like, ough this garbage box it up, put it on your porch and just wait and then somebody's Facebook marketplace take your shit out. No, but if it's something that's beyond shit broken damage television, that would be amazing. I'm just like that. Now, I feel like that's a very brody move. Uh, it's a brody move. Now, what I'm reading online is if you have a glitter bomb package, it says you A lot of influences are putting up videos with glitter bomb packages for porch pirates and whatnot. Now, I don't know if it would stand up in court, but if you get injured opening up a booby trapped package, you could sue. Now, whether you win or not is another story. Yeah. Well, yeah, imagine that a porch pirate. Yeah, the worst of humanity, some of the worst, some of the worst are porch pirates. Hey, have you ever been a victim of being a porch pirate, slices you drop us a talk back, not of being a no arch pirated. Have you ever been porch pirated? Or are you a porch pirate? We want to hear from you too. No, we don't. You'll not, You'll not, you will not remain anonymous. We will not change your voice. Yeah, So what else is news? Anything? Good? Well? I started telling you about the suit I bought. So the woman at Macy's tells me, oh, if you open up a Macon's credit card, you have thirty percent off. So I said, well, uh, you know, every ten years or so I opened up a Macy's credit card for the discount and then I don't use it and it gets closed. He said, oh no, no, how long has it been. I said, I don't know about may be ten years I had it. Oh, oh, you should be fine. I said, all right. I said, what happens if I already have an account? There's no, No, you're fine. So she looks at up. She says, you don't have an account. You're good. It's okay, great, Now my credit scores is My credit scores are great. I have money in the bank. It's all good. We get money in the bank. You have money in the that's by buy you a drink. You're gonna buy you a try Yeah, all right, yo, thirty percent off is like, you know, it's it's a couple of hundred bucks almost considering how much I'm spending on his suit and his shirt and the vest and everything. So I run the credit card and she goes, oh, it was declined. I said, what, Yeah, you didn't get approved. I said, how could I not get approved? Are talking about now? I said, uh, now before you slices are like, well, you're unemployed. I I put down a household income that was approvable, right, and I again, my credit's good, I have money in the bank. I have. I just realized something that if you're unemployed and you admit that that they might they might know. I'm just saying that they could not approval. Here's the thing, it's possible for them to not approve it. Right. I put down the household income and I included whatever little money we make on the Brooklyn Boys, and it came to a decent number. Okay, the number, solid number? It all right? So she's just so sorry. Just we've been having a problem lately where it's been declining people I don't know. I don't know. So I take out my credit card ma app and I show her I have a very high credit score, and she goes, oh my, I'm so sorry. I don't know what this could be. So not only did I not get the discount or thirty percent off, but now I have a credit hit on my account. Yeah, because they made it hard inquiry, which is a hard inquiry that that that you'll take a little bit of a hit for that. Are they going to rectify the situation? Well, they told me I'll receive a letter in the mail in five to ten business days with that possibly might explain, and then I can appeal it and come back with the letter and and uh. So I called the credit card company. I called the division that handles it, and I got, you know, not in America. When I answered yes, oh uh, he said his name was Cliff. Okay, this is Cliff. Okay, you're not Cliff right. Then he goes, I gotta transfer you to the applications department. So then I so, then I got I got let me check my notes here, Janet. I got Janet, and Janet says to me, oh, yeah, we can't help you, I said, But Cliff told me you guys can help me. Yeah, you'll get a letter in the mail I got. I know, but I want to fix this because I want my discount. Uh, there's nobody here that can tell you why you would you would turn down? Wow, you'll get a letter. Will the letter tell me? Probably not. So I'm gonna get a letter confirming I was turned down. Wud already know it's not gonna tell me why. So I bought a suit. At that point, Gary, I couldn't put anything back. No, no, you had to go forward with it. I like, oh, I didn't get the I didn't get the thing. Well, then put the shirt back and I'll go some and get a cheap shirt. Like I felt awkward. So I'm like, you know what, I'll just buy it and then if if it's a problem, then I'll buy a cheap shirt somewhere else. And we turned this one. But I wasn't gonna like not take it there and be like, oh, well I'm not getting my discount. Take the shirt back, you know, like what like when you go to buy groceries and like it's too it's more money than you have, and like, uh, put the chicken back, and yeah, can the cans of corn? And you say, which terrible? What do you have to do that? So yeah, I got denied and I'm telling you, oh, yeah, I should have mentioned we've had that problem. So then the manager, she goes, let me call my manager see if they can fix it. So she calls the manager and he says, would you like to run it again? We can give it another shot. And I said, if I run it again when I get another credit hit, yes, yeah, I don't do that. Now I'm not getting a second credit hit. She's just, oh, yeah, we've been having a problem. I said, oh okay, well what are you gonna do? Can you take the can you take the hit off my credit report? Now we can't do that. There's no way to do that. So I'm fucked, double fucked. So I'm gonna wear that suit to go play pickleball to get my money's worth, is what I'm saying. Okay, oh my god, Oh update you wanted to know about? Well maybe you didn't. I didn't, but I you know, I had my I had my uh all the Brooklyn boys and then we went up we went up to Yeah, we went camping. We didn't go camping. We went up to Hudson Vallance. We were not pitching tents. Bro We stayed at my buddy's house. Did you blow Bubba in the woods? I was up there. We went to uh well, first of all, we went to Cornwall on Hudson and uh you a cornwalling? And we went to Now we went to our favorite place we did it, did it three years in a row now, the Drowned Lands Brewery in Warwick, New York. We had an awesome time drinking all afternoon, hanging out there. It's artisanal pizza there that they you know, beautiful old school pizza oven. Wait a minute. Artisanal pizza means it's handmade like all pizza. Yeah, hand made, well, artisical, but the rustic kind, you know you know what I mean, right, not the mass produced pizza had had, wouldn't it. It wasn't Papa John's dick. It was an actual, real like handmade calling it artisanal, no, it was. It was good. We had a good time there all afternoon, and then we went up. We went up to Beacon, New York, which is really Beacon's beautiful Beacon. Beacon is you can go antiquing Antiakon and Beacon you can. We we didn't go antiquing, but but we we went been to the I've been to the Beacon theater. Now can you see beacon from a long distance? Is that a joke? Yeah, like if you're beacon. Yeah, that's where I thought you were going with that. There's no lake. You didn't go out on the lake. I was thinking maybe you go out a lake and no, no, no, we went to a restaurant, I mean a couple of bars. Uh yeah, in the sleeping situation, it was a little awkward, but uh, you know, something was on the bottom. I nope, I was a room in the room by myself, in the bunk bed bottom. That was by myself, all right, So there was no one ever tell you woke up? Were you still by yourself? I was still by myself? Of course. One thing I noticed, though, when we go out of town, you would come to me. You know me, and you know me and and Google ratings, right, oh, absolutely, I live. I live by my and died by my Google ratings. You used to be as a gad guy, you lived and died by the gad Well, well I learned that and you guys, could this is google able that Yelp is bought and paid for and is never an honest review? You can you can actually pay. I can't say never because I've left honest reviews all right, No, no, no, no, no, the reviews you are If you don't, if you're a business, a small business, and you're not paying into Yelp, you're screwed. But if you pay into Yelp, you can actually pay to have bad reviews removed. And are you saying it's like the mafia? Yeah, hey a top So you may see some four point seven eight to nine on Yelp knowing, but the bad reviews have been removed, probably by the business because they paid for it. You can't do that with Google ratings. So they're right away, right up from the jump, they're a lot more honest. Well what I say, I got what is the restaurant owner pay one hundred people he knows to give great park There are some places that may do that that say, hey, leave us a great review, you get twenty percent off your bill, But for the most part, damn party does that. They're pretty they're okay. I would say that they're fairly accurate. So when I see with Scary Jones when I'm talking about myself on the third person, Scary Jones sees a four point five or fourth quarter is scary. You're pretty much the third person. Thanks. When I see a four point five and above, I get excited because I know that that's a special place. It's hard to sustain a thousand reviews. Let's say, if a thousand reviews and have a four point five and up in New York City or the area around here, you're always gonna be It's always gonna be a home run. You're never gonna be disappointed. However, terrible at maths. You're terrible at math scary because the more reviews you have at a four point five means the more reviews bad reviews. You needed to bring that from a five to a four point five. No no, no, no yet, no, no no, you're not understanding not understanding this. No, no, no bad no. Hold on the four point five. Nope, okay, no one gives it, gives these restaurants five five five, I mean the stars. Here's what happens. You gotta play. How do I even explain this? Restaurants? Yes, I know, but there's gonna be there's gonna be there's gonna be like the the law of averages and the or the there'll be points taken away because people give it one star for let's say, bad service here and there or whatever that means. They have a lot of one stars to bring it from five to yes. No, but you have to no, no, no, no, no. A lot a lot of people downvote these fucking places. They're a lot more critical and a lot more harsh on Google ratings. So so if you have a four point five and above in in New York and these places with a thousand thousand ratings, it's hard to sustain that. But those those are considered amazing restaurants, Those are excellent four point five point, four point six, four point seven. It's hard, it's hard to keep up. No one's got a fucking five. Oh, No one who got a five? Oh? There's always there's always an asshole like you out there, and and there's a lot of you. There's a lot of Caro. I don't leave. I don't leave a lot of car lot of Karen I leave good reviews. Here's what I'm gonna say. You shop on eBay Okay, I have one hundred percent positive ratings. That's different. No, no shout back back. Sometimes you'll see a company with a ninety nine point five percent positive rating. Now you think that's pretty good, don't you. Ninety nine point five percent, that's great. They've sold twenty five thousand things. Oh my god. Okay, But then you look and you see this eighteen hundred negative reviews. That means eighteen times they fucked up. That means out of one hundred, uh a half out of one hundred is bad. I get that. I get that. That means one out of two hundred is bad. I get that. That's pretty good odds, except this eighteen hundred bad reviews. I'm not buying from them. You should have no bad reviews. Yeah, but yeah, but if you do business, if you do business on such a large scale like that, you're bound to have cola. Not if you read them and they get very specific o activity. My point is, no, here's here's what you should do. Go to any restaurant review, any business review. Don't read the positive reviews. You read the negative reviews because if they say and then you see if they're valid or not. If somebody writes, I went and there's a roach in my pasta, and then someone else writes there was a roach in my pasta. Then guess what a thousand good reviews. I don't care if two people saw roaches in the pasta. I'm out saying yourself the time anyone. Chances are those places are going to have other things wrong with them as well, and they will get down voted a lot quicker, you know it is. I don't want to argue with you on this Google ratings things for resting, specifically Google Google ratings for restaurants. When you see all right, forget about what Brody just said for a second. Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, When you see a four point five and above four point six, four point seven, you're in a fucking insanely awesome restaurant and you will never go wrong, despite what Brody's telling you. And can you go to a restaurant with a four point eight that's a great restaurant. Hold on, My larger point of this entire conversation is four point five is it's trash? It's no, it's not. Four point five is awesome. Four point five is really good. It's hard to sustain a four point five with a thousand rating. Let me ask you a question. But hold on, you were in a world where everyone was a zombie and you were the only one left alive, would you want them to bring you food from a four point five or a four point eight. You're not even letting me get to finish. Finish, go ahead, I'm sorry. Otherwise Slices will tell me that interrupted. Sorry, go ahead. What I'm saying is if four point five it just humor me for a second, Brody. If four point five and above is an amazing, outstanding restaurant, which according to say, which fuck Brody it is, trust me, Slices, I'm the foodie he's not. Or I'm the man of the people. For whatever reason. When you go to a smaller town like a beacon or your neighborhood whatever, mm hmm, a four point five, who are like a three point five? It We went to a place which I was so disappointed. I'm not gonna give the name out. I don't want to ruin their small business. But the food sucked. The pork wasn't porking, the steak wasn't staking, it was gross, and the food was bland. The tuna tartars, the tuna crispy rice had was bland had no taste to it, no flavor. Take me to flavor town and we all look at each other. I'm like, this is a four point five that's supposed to be awesome. This is not a four point five, guys, I'm sorry. So I think you hate when you're when you're you're tuna tartar is not as good as you'd like. Don't hate, that's like, no hold on even But we had we spent a lot of apps. We sput a lot of apps. But I feel like they don't have an advanced palette, so they don't know what good food is. Oh there he is. That was the big wind up. You went to small town America. Yeah, I went to a small town and you want you or a tartar? Was the baked Alaska taking too long? We all listen. Some people ordered burger and fries. They couldn't even do the fries right, they were The fries were fucking soggy as hell, as we say in Italian shanghat. It was gross, bro, it was disgusting. This would not be you would have you would have sent three things back. And I was appalled, and we were looking at each other, and one buddy was like, it has a four point five, it should be awesome, and I'm like, you're right, it should be. But I came to the conclusion that when you go to smaller it takes less to please them and it takes less for them to give it high marks. Okay, I would like to say two things. If you would listen to David Brodie's advice, you would have said four point five, I'm not eating there. Second, of all slices, I would like to apologize to the large amount of slices that live in small town America who enjoy our podcast, who have a wonderful palette, a taste palette, and appreciate good food, who go to places and get whatever they want, whether it's steak or this is not now, this is don't try and and couch me as that guy. Okay, this is not me throwing shade at because your couch is hard and you're not. No who listen in smaller towns. I'm just saying I heard what you said. I heard overall, Mike, go on overall they It goes back to the pizza conversation. We have the best and most available pizza in the fuck in the universe. So you in your in Brody same similar in Verty's similar and analogy. He'll say, then, how can it How can new Haven pizza and people there judge what good pizza is. They're in New Haven. There's only a few great standout places, So how can new Haven be the pizza mecca of the world? To that, because people people in Connecticut grew up liking that style of pizza, and I get that. But New York has all styles of pizza, and we've already beat that to death. What you did was you said, anyone from a small town has no taste palette. That's what you said. I did not say that. I said I did rewind the tape. If we had tape, I red. There's no such thing as tape. I know no. But and again, this is not a bougie thing. This is an observation. There's no other way. What you had? What did you have that you like? The state tartar? Would no my pork, the caviar, the pork chop caviar. It was a pork chop, bro it was. And the asparagus sucked, and so and so was a golden flake disparagram. We had Brussels sprouts, we had you know what was good, the onion rings. The onion rings were great, so the onion rings, the onion rings. But I'm just trying to search for an answer really as to why a four point five, which which by the way, is a really great fucking score. Trust me, Okay, I'll tell you. In the world, why is a four point five? You they're different than a four point five in a bigger city, okay. Number one, the people there may appreciate the tuna tartar there, or maybe they get but maybe they go for onion rings and they give it a high score. Maybe they go for the things that they liked, that they do well. And you what you did, scary. You went to a diner, all right, and ordered chicken palm and were disappointed that it wasn't great. You went to a diner and ordered something like a fancy lobster dish, and you're like, I can't believe that the diner didn't do my los to the right way. You shouldn't go to a small town then at a restaurant you never been to. It isn't known for that tun of ta tar in order toun to tatar. Is it a seafood place? No? Because you have just proved you are a re Tar Tar and I didn't say the words. So it's okay.
Speaker 3: The Brooklyn Boys Podcast We will be right back.
Speaker 2: Scary. There's a movie out this weekend. I'm so excited for it's it's a movie that you wouldn't see because you don't go to the movies. But if you like John Wick gun Fo type movies, gun Foo. Yeah. I told you about a movie about a year ago called I think it was The Train or Train Ride or something like that, and it was an Indian film where the guy gets on the train and basically that people are trying to kill him, so he kills one hundreds of people. It's a great movie. Oh it's called Kill. It's called Kill anyway if you like that kind of movie, NonStop action, no plot necessary, not a lot of dialogue, just the clever ways to kill people. A movie came out about a year and a half ago called Se Sue sis U. Takes place in the forties or in the thirties, so the Nazis exists at that point, and it's a guy I think he's from Finland and he's on the Finland German border, so he's near the border of Germany. Okay, I think it's Finland. If anyway they they I'm not gonna tell you too much about that movie other than people kill his family, and like any good action film where somebody kills your family, you want to make them pay. And he goes go see this movie c Sue Si Su and he doesn't speak. The man doesn't speak. He doesn't talk the whole movie. He may have like two words. He's just a big burly man with a beard, and he kills people in unique, hilarious, kick ass ways. And it's a lot of Nazis. You're like, yeah, kill those Nazis. Okay, it was fantastic. This weekend's scary. The sequel is out and it's called Cisu Road to Revenge, and just like the last one, terrific reviews ninety eight percent on Rotten Tomatoes four and a half out of five stars, which, by the way, four and a half out of five stars is better than a restaurant that gets four and a half out of Okay, rody whatever, because movies don't typically get one star, so four and a half means it's probably mostly fours and fives, whereas restaurants get a lot of ones. And two's that bring it down. It's a different rating system before you're like four and a half. I'm recommending going to see Seasu. Now that being said, I had a little problem at Taco Bell because I think I told you this. They brought back the chili cheese burrito. Did I tell you this story? No, for a limited time only they did. Oh oh okay, yeah you did. They brought back nineties week, nineties month, and it was supposed to end November first, nineties month is over. Well. On my Facebook feed, Taco Bell, your official Facebook account and Instagram advertised, we heard you. We're keeping the chili chili cheese burrito on the menu. Great, You're not alone. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. So I go to a place and order. I told you this last week, and it's no longer in the app. Gone. So they told me they could add it to my order. Okay, I remember this, yes, this whole yep. I don't know how to do that, Okay, So I emailed a comment to corporate. In the app, it says email us your comments, give us feedback, and I said, hey, you know, I'm a big fan of the chili cheese burrito, and I gave them. It says what location you have to put in what store you went to? And I said, listen, I live in New Jersey at this store. It's not in the app you're selling it. It's not in the app. So I get a phone call a couple of days ago from Mike. Mike is the manager of the Taco Bell that I go to. I said, hey, Mike, what's going on. He goes, hey, I got you your email and it gets flagged as a criticism of our store, even though it was about the app. I said, I didn't criticize your store. You guys are great. All I said was he goes, yeah, But because you listed our store at the beginning when it asked you, corporate doesn't even see it. It goes right to the local store. So, guys, if you go to Taco Bell and you want to complain to corporate about something you can't, it goes right to the local store. So it's got to be an idea for this. There's got to be a way to find someone's email address in the corporate chain. I guess there is. Go on LinkedIn or call the eight hundred number. But the point is the app fucked me. So then Mike is like, hey, man, I have to make sure you're happy so I can report to my regional so we don't get a strike against us. I said, Mike, I love you guys. I'm there all the time, nothing but Rave reviews, except you know a couple of years ago when you used to make me pull over by the garbage because you didn't want me to sit and get timed. But I didn't bring that up. They don't do that anymore, he says. Listen, here's what I'm gonna do. I feel terrible, he said. If you can't order it through the app. My name's Mike. You come in. I'm there almost every day, and I'm going to give you. I'm going to give you some free chili cheese burritos as my way of saying it's nice. I said, Oh, that's terrific. That's terrific, he said. But listen, I gotta be honest with you. They're taking it away. In New Jersey. It's a regional item, and in some parts of the country it's staying like Arizona, New Mexico. But here in New Jersey it's going off the menu and individual franchise owners can decide if they want to order the seasoning, but we are not. I have forty pounds of seasoning at the store and our boss decided we're not going to sell it anymore. So if you want, I'll give you a big bag in seasoning for free. I can't do anything with it, I said, what am I going to do with a pound of seasoning? He goes, could make tacos, You could do whatever you want, and you can read you'll have that. I was about to say, you'll have that flavor on just about anything that you want. So I said great. So he says, come by, So I said, I, I'll come by in a couple of days. So today is what Wednesday. I went by Monday a full. I was like, I'll get some lunch. I'm gonna go buy and I'll get a couple of free chili cheese burritos because, as he told me, it's expiring. They're taking it off the menu. I had five days. That was Monday, which means Friday or Saturday roughly it's gone. So I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna get a couple. So I go, and I go, and I it's in the app scary it's back in the app. I couldn't be more excited. I'm like, holy shit, it's back in the app. I guess somebody heard me. So I order five of them. I'm like, fuck it, I'm gonna order enough. It's gonna get me through the week because they'll give me gone. I go to the drive through. The AI says, is this your order to look? Correct? Is you want to look? I guess it does. I'm so excited, and I pull around. I figure, you know what, I'm gonna buy five and if Mike's there, he'll give me a couple of extra because he sees I'm I'm a legit fan of the chili cheese brito. I get to the window. I get to the window and there's the woman with the headset and one of the cooks, the tall guy, And I said, Hi, yeah, Hi, how you doing? You ordered the five chili cheese Britos? Yes? I did. Is Mike here? No, Mike's not here. Oh okay, what's up? Can you pull around and come in the store. Why, well, there's a line of cars behind you. No, I get that, But why do you want to come in the store? She says, we have to heat up the chili for the chili cheese burrito, and we have to mix it, and it's gonna be it's gonna be a little while. And I said, what do you mean it's on the menu. What do you mean. Yeah, we didn't make any of this morning, and we have to mix it and put the seasoning on it and put the So she says, have you come in, it'll be like ten minutes tops. So I said, you know what, I'm good, just cancel my order. Sheas, you have to cancel the order in the app. I said, I no problem. Meanwhile, it's her fault. So I pull over and I pull over by the garbage pail and I go to cancel the order. I can't cancel the order. Scary, Why because not only the restaurant. No, the restaurant has already started making your order. Oh you can't cancel it. Oh shit. So I had to go in now because I just rang up like fifteen dollars worth of chili cheese burritos. So I had to go in and I had to get my money back, so I didn't get any chili cheese burritos. I said, when's Mike going to be here? We don't have Mike's schedule. I don't even know if Mike works there. I need a chili brit scary before they take them off the Metica. Well, why don't you, Why don't you go to a restaurant that serves him in a four point seven rather than the three point eight taco bell that you decided to go to. Okay, scary, All the taco bells are three point seven exactly, They really are, every single one of them. Yeah, but I love them. That's it. Yeah, just a public service. I don't know. This has been on my mind lately at service announcement. No, I just this is this is again, this is the uh, the the the crumbling of of of humanity. Okay, there's ay who doesn't care if humanity does. Another viral trend that I'm seeing where people are filming themselves in traffic passing a car wreck and then the car is like upside down or wrapped around the tree, and the people are going through the worst their likes life, and and you hear them say you can't part there, and then the people get fucking angry, and they're already in a time of despair and pissed off. They're trying to be funny. They're they're rage baiting. They're rage baiting the people that are already having a shitty fucking day. No, they're trying to get a fun video where it's like, Aha'm being funny. You can well it's a viral trend and it's got a fucking stop. You don't, you don't. You don't do that to people in their worst moment, in their worst hour, when they're when they're agonizing, or god forbid, somebody's trapped in a vehicle or something, or they're they're hurt and they're they're all they get people when they're all discombobulated, when they're all like and they go, you can't park there, you know, it's illegal to park there. And then the people, some of them come running at trying to you know, running at the cars, and then they speed away. But that's fucked up other than I looked in the comments and some people are like, oh no, that was a voiceover. They just voiced that over. They just found that d No. No, A lot of them are actually real, A lot of them are And that's pretty shitty. I don't know, that's all. I just wanted to say that there's no punchline here, there's no funny moment, there's no haha, that's just rude. Does and then did the package explode and pink on all over the people that were exactly just be better at people. You didn't see these their rage baiting videos. But yeah, they they want to make a funny viral video. They think they're going to get clicks and likes and follows, and they're just at other people's expenses. While people are are in an accident on the side of the road, they have to fucking yell that out the window. Yeah, that's terrible, terrible people. All right, on that note, that down note, We'll be right back, all right.
Speaker 3: With Scary and Brodie.
Speaker 2: All right, Scary, would you like to hear a terrible voiceover commercial or some Facebook riddles with some really bad answers? I want to hear and I actually want to hear the audio. Okay, let me plug this in if you can. I I edited out the company names. You might hear like a little glitch in the middle. But this is supposed to be a husband and wife or a brother and sister or whatever talking about their problems and making it sound natural. Now she's average at best, but he's terrible. You've heard these commercials, Oh, Mike, the sink's broken again, and they're like, we really should have brought insurance. Yeah, we should have. So listen to this commercial and tell me how this guy, what would you hire this company that hired these people as their voice over people. Listen to the guy.
Speaker 3: You're telling me credit cards are maxed out?
Speaker 2: Kay. So he should have said, you're telling me right. Our bills are piling up, and he should have said, you're telling me, But instead he says, you're telling me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up, you're telling me credit cards are maxed out, red as due, and the car payments right around the corner. He needs some extra cash.
Speaker 4: Want my friend from work out and back the then she needed the next day?
Speaker 3: Our credit is not great? Are you sure that would work for us?
Speaker 2: Our credit is Oh my god, that is so bad. That's bad acting. Feel it gets worse. Here we go one of the.
Speaker 4: Largest personal loan networks.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it's going to be a hassle.
Speaker 2: Sounds like hassle crazy.
Speaker 4: She did it right from her phone during our lunch break.
Speaker 2: Are you telling me you couldn't get anyone else to do this commercial? And the writing is pissed poor. Also, you're telling me, yeah, she's telling you exact exactly. No, no, go back, go back to that other line. What did she say?
Speaker 3: Up, you're telling me credit cards are maxed out?
Speaker 2: Did you notice they edited it so there's no space. There's no space. You're telling me credit you're telling me credit cards all lot of play.
Speaker 3: You're telling me credit cards are matched out. Renisdu and the car payments right around the corner. He needs some extra cash.
Speaker 4: Want my friend from workday and that the many she needed the next day.
Speaker 3: Our credit is not great. Are you sure that would work for us?
Speaker 4: Tom is one of the largest personal loan network.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it's going to be a hassle.
Speaker 4: My friend said it was super easy. She did it right from her phone during her lunch break.
Speaker 2: She didn't right, I found it. Yeah, you're telling me, is there more? No, that's it. I I edited up. Like the voice the voiceover guy at the end is like, you should use this company. He's terrible also, but he kept saying the name of the company. I don't want to edit it. I can't believe, like like she's so surprised by her own statement. She did it right from her phone. I mean, I don't know how else would you fucking do it? Like this is like twive. It's amazing. You pick up a phone and you and you're able to complete a task right from the desk. Her bills paid to her phone, right from her desk. Mind you. I mean, she wasn't anywhere else. She was at her desk, her own She was in her hometown where the restaurants get a four point five. She didn't have to go to a big city on her phone. Scaring shit, they're so amazed. You're telling me, you're telling me from now on scary when you say something shocking, I'm gonna go. You're telling me, you're telling me. Hey, did we talk about how gen Z thinks cash is cringe? Oh, it's it's chopped. It's chopped. Yeah, over thirty chopped. They said. There's an article out that over thirty percent of gen Z feels that cash is cringe and they don't want to have anything to do with it. They don't. They're there. Some of them are awkward, they're weirded out by by the side of cash. Their anxieties go up, and I don't know whether it's it's because they don't know where it's been. That's okay, So so that that was my other suspicion is that they start sweating because they don't know how to remember what I get. A few times on this podcast, we've had examples of people like miscounting the change. They can't make change of one hundred, change of a twenty, change of fifty. I think that makes them sweat because they don't they're not used to it, and they're afraid they're going to fuck it up. But there's that, But a lot of them, some of them say, oh, yeah, well, I don't know where this dollar that you know, this money has been. Has this been in a stripper's ass crack, you know where you know what, filthy, unsavory places, and now I'm handling this money. But yeah, they if you google that cash is cringe gen z. We're you know, and you know it's cringe up until you're a server or a waiter or a bartender and you get tipped in cash. Because if you get tipped in cash, you don't have to pay the processing fee on the credit card, which a lot of businesses and employers passed that fucking fee on to the employee. So if you know, and it seems to me that gen Z are the ones that are in those server roles and those bartender roles, so they should get over it real quick and start appreciating cash and and how and how can gen z work as strippers If I put a dollar bill in your g string and you're like, oh, no, cash is cringe, Okay, give me a dollar bill back. I did get a really dirty look at the strip club. No bill bill was one hundred bucks. We gave we gave were paid by credit card, but we put the twenty in cash. We gave it to her and she was like kind of weirded out by it. I'm like, oh my god, that's free, right to go. This is one of those this is one of those moments. First of all that I'm thinking like, oh my god, this is one of those cashes cringe people. She must be one of the thirty percent. But when she took the money, I'm thinking like, had we put the fucking money at the twenty dollars on the credit card, her employer would have charged her the processing fee and she would have gotten less than twenty dollars. She would have gotten like seventeen whatever, whatever, it is. I don't think they charge you for a process. They do the server, employee, employers. I just said it earlier. You'd have missed when I said, oh no, no, to go back and add a tip. I don't think this is you play with pay with the names card. There's a processing fee right the business. The businesses lose money, so what are they gonna do. They're gonna and you put twenty dollars tip on there that comes out of the server pocket. They think you're wrong. It's not tax processing fee, the processing fee for the purchase. But I don't think the tip is. Hold on, there's no tax on tips anymore. That's been abolished. It's not the tax. It's not tax, dude, hold on, it's the credit card processing fee, folks. That's what I'm looking up. I didn't say anything about the hold on, dude, I already know it is. What do you what are you trying to fact check me, you dick, because because I like facts, you are correct. Of course I'm correct. I would just spew terrible. Of course it's terrible, and employers aren't gonna take the hit. They passed that on to the employee that got the tip. So hey, assholes who hate cash. You're losing money if it goes on the credit card. Take the fucking cash and deal with it. Hey, I'm gonna say this. I've said it before, and if they're a sponsor in this podcast, I apologize. But fuck credit cards. They charge you, they charge Look, first of all, I don't appreciate businesses charging me the fee for the credit card. You want to be in business and use credit cards where I can then pay you for my food more easily. That's the processing for you should pay. However, to add a tip to a server, credit card companies to absolutely not be charging three percent for what amounts to no effort on their part other than allowing you to add money. That's bullshit. Of course it's bullshit. B And then and then when that server can't afford to pay a credit card bill or his credit card bill, what do they do? They charge them nineteen to twenty nine percent Like the fucking mob. You can get your knees broken for a lower interest rate than credit card companies charge you, and then a lower extortion a lower extortion rate. Oh, what's in your wallet? I don't know, celebrity, you know it's not in my wallet. A billion fucking dollars like you have. So don't be doing credit card commercials where you can pay yours and I can and now I'm paying twenty nine percent interest and I'll never get off from one of those credit card bills. Never. So I don't care if you're at a restaurant, Oh, I with my cash back. What's his name, the comic, the little short guy, Kevin Hart, Kevin Hart. Hey, Kevin Hart. I'm glad you're a multi millionaire and you're sitting at a cafe and you go into Lakers games whatever, you're getting your cash backing. You're cash backing. That's great, Kevin Hart. I'm cash backing. Who's cash backing with me? You know what? I'm giving my cash back to the credit card company because it charges me twenty five percent interest. I'm sorry, twenty four point nine nine percent interest. The Smoking Mirror show, bro. It's like because they're they're they're they're like saying, oh, look at the shiny little toy over here, which is cash back and points and miles and earning. Yeah, you get three percent. You have to pay that balance from month to month, and you're you're fucking you're underwater. And you'll you'll you'll never catch up. Yeah, don't fall for that. Now. Look, if you have someone who pays your credit card bills like like clockwork, that's me, God blessed. Get the mileage you get you three saying, yeah, I'm bound fucking bucking the system with that. I don't care. What they do is zero percent interest for eighteen months, but bounce transfer. Yeah that's terrific. It's great. Then when the eighteen months is up, thirty percent interest on that money, No, you better get that you get paid. Don't get that paid off within those fucking within those thirty months, absolutely, or get another zero percent and transfer to that one. All right, play the game. Thanks for listening to the Finance Guys podcast. It's the Finance Guys. Hey, hey, fine, we gotta go excu well listen to Size Time. Yes please do
Speaker 3: Boys, boys,